NATION

PASSWORD

Lady Adreana's 4th Anual Charity Ball [Alithea Only] [IC]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Union Of Autocratic Empires
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Lady Adreana's 4th Anual Charity Ball [Alithea Only] [IC]

Postby Union Of Autocratic Empires » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:29 pm

Brachium Bridge, outisde the island, 19:39

"And that was "dance by moonlight", by the Abulan jazz group "Moonlit Symphonies. Seeing a pattern here, people?" the mobile phone said after three and a half minutes of music, to the amusement of the two police officers listening to the broadcast, who emitted a brief chuckle. "I am Sabina, your humble host, and this is The Maid's Jukebox, the radio station of choice for the Adran Gentleman and, for some reason, the Esgonian everyman. But you all already know this. What you may not know is that today is a very special day. This 27th of November of the year 1975 - 2018 for our non-Union listeners, greetings from the past - our beloved Princess Adreanna, a former guest of the show, is hosting a very special ball here in our little corner of Ausozera. While balls are hardly a novel thing here in this "blast from the past" nation" - both officers nodded in response, as they had already been deployed in other four such events in the last month "this is a special one, as it aims to help the poor people that were victims to the savage Brutalization of the former Azen nation, regardless of flag, god or colour. So, while we may not have been invited to the event - I know I haven't - I suggest to our listeners in the area to lend their hand to our future Monarch, wether it's by giving directions to foreigners lost or just by offering a smile to the foreign envoy. Let's all make sure they know the true spirit of our City! Now, for those of you who can’t help and want some more music, here’s a little Esgonian indie group I can’t recommend enough. Ladies and gentlemen, please enjoy-"

"Constable Paulinus! Constable Durus! What the Hell are you doing standing around like a pair of idiots!?" The screaming of their immediate superior officer, Sergeant Mills, snapped both agents of the law out of the broadcast and startled them into standing to attention. "The guests are waiting to be cleared for entry and you two are doing absolutely nothing! Hurry up and go to the checkpoint before I reassign you to patrol Capella Alba!" With haste, both members of the Metropolitan police hurried back to their post. Sergeant Mills looked on as they left before taking the short range radio from his belt and speaking through it. "Chief Inspector? Situation's green here on the bridge. Turns out the missing agents had sneaked out for a smoke. Over." He released the button to the familiar sound of the "over" function and awaited the response from his superior. After a few seconds, Chief Inspector Galba replied through his communication device.

"Copy, Sergeant. And Mills, do calm down. I think we can handle a few aristocrats and foreign dignitaries, over."

Stuart Mills, Sergeant of the Metropolitan, sighed. Normally he wouldn't be so nervous, but the fact they still hadn't a suspect for the murder of an entire (well, nearly the entirety. The youngest child of the family was still alive) branch of the Yakuza made him uneasy, not to mention the security of the main event was in the hand of mercenaries. Mercenaries! He couldn't believe the Princess could be so foolish. Maybe they had bribed her? Regardlless, he brought the device back to his ear. "Copy, Chief Inspector. I will report if anything happens here." he took the device off his ear and looked at a car approaching the checkpoint. From its make, it was pretty clear they were the first non-Unionist guests to make it to the bridge. "It looks like the first foreigners are arriving, sir. Over."

"Good, very good." the old man said through the radio. It was strange to see the Chief Inspector so happy, but he supposed a ball was better than serial killer duty. "This is going to be a calm night, Mills. Mark my words. Over and out."

Mills couldn't help but grimace at that statement. "Calm night, he says? We haven't had a bloody night of calm in five goddamn years."

Entry to the courtyard, 19:40

"Thanks for being with us tonight, Lord Ljubo. Please proceed to the courtyard, our host will say some words in half an hour. Feel free to help yourself to some drinks or food in the meantime, but do leave something for dinner. You will love it, I am certain of it. And fi you need anything, feel free to ask, for I am here for our guests' comfort" With a polite smile and indicating him the way to the Courtyard, Lady Augusta sent the new arrivals on their way. She stood in the courtyard's entry, sporting a radiant smile, waiting to receive the next batch of guests.

Wearing a golden domino mask with scriptures form her favourite classic poet that covered the top half of her face, Augusta Pulcherius Tasius was wearing a rather simple white dress with blue accents. Having just entered the age of 53, Augusta still oozed vitality and self confidence, which showed whenever she received a guest or firmly yet politely commanded the mercenaries securing the event. However, this outgoing, dignified attitude hid the understandable nerves she had due to being part of an event such as this. Years ago she had been renown in the nobility circles as an outstanding event organizer, but after marrying at age 30, many lords and ladies stopped going to her, believing her settling down had dulled her capacity. This was her first job in over 23 years, and she found it more intimidating than it had any right to be, but still soldiered on with stiff upper lip, not letting the guests see any sign of "weakness", as she called it, and going all out to bury perceived "flaws" in her presentation. She owed as much to the host, Lady Adreanna, God bless her soul, who had seen past her age and brought her back to the job she had so sorely missed.

She was going to make sure the guests would have an unforgettable night, and she would do so for the poor souls of what was Azen, for Her Highness that had so graciously gone to her for help, and for fun, because in this very moment, Augusta felt like she was 25 again.

Queen's Crossing Street parking, right outside the island, 19:43

The man looked at his clock again. Seven minus Seventeen. He groaned. It still wasn't late per se, but they had agreed he would get his answer at seven minus fifteen exactly. Two minutes left. He looked back outside the car's window towards the island. The place looked nice. The bridge was locked. The air was closed to prying eyes, in the middle of the river, with a single point of access towards it. It was perfect. He looked back at his clock. Seven minus sixteen. He tapped his foot in exasperation when, suddenly, he heard a knock on the car's window. He lifted his hand to the car's chauffer, who had started reaching into the car's glove box, immediately stopping upon seeing the gesture of his master. The passenger then lowered his window and looked to the person who had knocked, a young boy who recoiled startled upon seeing the man's mask, very similar to an ancient comedy play one with holes in the mouth and the eyes. "Yes, boy? How can I help you?" The kid gulped and brought the man's attention to an envelope he was carrying in his hand. "Is that for me?" the man asked, in a kind tone. The kid, still unnerved but not as much, nodded. "S-she said I should ask what time it is before." The man in the car groaned. Of course she would. He looked at his clock. "A quarter to seven exactly, down to the second." Nodding, the child handed the letter to the man, who smiled. "Very good. Very, very good. Now-" the sinister gentleman said before the kid could even turn around, "for a well done job." He pulled out a 10 melchiott note and handed it to the kid, who grabbed it lacking the meekness he had shown all through the tense - yet - short encounter. "Have a good night, child." Not wasting any time, but giving the man a smile and wishing him one back, the kid left at a relatively quick pace.
As soon as he was alone again, the man opened the envelope with a letter opener he always kept in the back of his private car and turned on the vehicle's interior lights. He started to read.
K.

"Hide in plain sight to avoid prying eyes." I won't lie, when you first told our superiors this, old man, I thought it was early stage dementia (finally) getting to you, but you will be pleased to know they are more open to out of the box thinking than I am. The entirety of our circle of friends will meet in the designated area at the appointed time, and I will be meeting you at the ball earlier as a fellow distinguished guest. Under a mask, of course, but you will find me pretty easily. After we ingratiate ourselves with the host and guests, our compatriots will arrive the way you suggested (rather ingenious plan, I should add, but you know what they say, a broken clock is sitll right twice a day) and meet us to actually catch up for once (after months of inactivity we are finally stopping sitting on our asses like a bunch of idiots with nothing better to do). Hopefuly this meeting proves to more frutiful than the last one.

Signed
E

The man sighed in exasperation. She was perfectly aware no one else was going to read this letter, so the only reason she was speaking in code was because he found it annoying. Or at least that's what he wanted to think, really; he would never concede that abrassive brat had had a good idea for once. He tore the letter in four pieces and gave them to the chaufer, who procceeded to put them in the car's ashtray and set them on fire with the car's lighter. "Take me to the ball", the man said.

"It's going to be a long one."
Last edited by Union Of Autocratic Empires on Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my nation's soundtrack!
Our History
The Unionist Federal Council

UoAE is pursuing a new research. They claim that what they're doing is the missing link. A waifu to surpass Metal Sugoi.
Damnit, Nation, I'm a writer, not a military consultant. I write about impossible and cool things, wether they are realist or not.
Long live Azenyanistan! The true heart of Sishai!

Imperial Valaran
Diplomat

Founded: May 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Valaran » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:35 am

Smiling Sweetly?

Erina

Erina de sol Lyrvaen was not a fan of delays, least of all at formal events. It made her lose the preternatural assuredness her family was famed for, that ever-recognisable Lyrvaen grace, and instead settle for a more mundane feeling: annoyance.

There had been some kind of blockage at the gates — Erina wasn’t at the front, so she didn’t know why — which had bunched the guests together. Now they were in a makeshift queue, waiting for each one to be introduced and welcome. Progress was slow, and Erina had been stuck on the bridge near seven minutes. That each guest had brought their own attendants added to the jam as did the slow walking pace of the costumed figures.

Erina didn’t like being immobile. One hand fidgeted with the folds of her dress. Another wished for the phantom grip of a pen, or purse. Something important to clutch onto. Instead Erina settled for another adjustment of her Colombina mask. The Colombina was a subdued, seemingly low-effort affair. You had to look quite closely — a far too intimate proximity — to see the patterning along its surfaces and edges, that it was covered in delicate embroidery. The family designer had made it for Erina, and the shapes, outlined in black and purple thread, echoed the sigils that adorned Lyrvaen estates, or more commonly, their corporate documents.

The mask itself was one Erina preferred for such occasions. It was light, not overly complex and easy to remove. It gently accentuated Erina’s features, mostly the high cheekbones and petite nose, though it often hid the expressions in her brown eyes, or the frowns Erina found herself forming. A business habit. Frowns were for when studying documents, or asking intrusive questions in board meetings. A place like this was for smiles and laughter.

Erina was struggling to form those right now. The delay had made herself somewhat impatient. She didn’t know these people. Perhaps worse, they didn’t know her. She was conscious of the coterie of attendants trailing her footsteps. The costume lowered her walking speed, forcing the retinue to a crawl. She resisted the urge to tug at the folds of her dress, to to stride forward. It would look ungainly, and it wouldn’t get her anywhere faster.

“Erina, is that you?” Erina turned to find a gangly figure rise over here. Broad shouldered, but not quite muscular. He wore a simple Bauta, black and felt. It did not match his outfit, and seemed as if it had been chosen without thought. There was a mop of hair above it, light brown — close to blond. As usual, it was tousled.

He removed his Bauta revealing studious features, formed into boyish expressions.“I saw you there, and I thought I would queue jump.” He looked at her form and dress. “Purple. Fitting.”

Erina immediately bowed. “Your Highness.”

Prince William looked faintly offended. “Oh please, stop that. How have you been?”

She dropped the act and gave a far more genuine expression. “Busy.” Not busy enough. “Father — the board — has handed me twelve percent of our assets to manage. That means sixty clients to keep track of.”

“Sounds thrilling.”

Erina snorted and poked his arm. “What about you? I see more about you from the press than I do in person.” Not always good things. William at school had been relaxed, intellectual. Easy-going. Recently he had become… political. Hard-edged. He had been seen meeting with Social-Democratic MPs. Picking fights with the National Conservatives. Leaked clips of arguments in corridors. The Osteric press had gone after him for that. It was mild stuff, but compared to the strained impartial grey that Edric maintained, William’s flash of colour was striking. And… well, Erina had never remembered him quite like that. It was new.

“Well you know how it is…”

“I don’t, actually.”

“Fair enough. Its busy. Edric fobs a lot of formal functions off on me now. He’s too busy with-” William smiled. “-private affairs.”

“So I have heard.”

“Oh you have? That’s more than me! I swear, Eri, its worse than we ever knew at school. Security is ridiculous. I’ve even buzzed before at the Veldaron. They actually told me I needed ID, until they realised who I was.” There was an easy, accustomed authority in William’s speech, but as he spoke, he injected a youthful energy into it.

“You should see father’s. Its gotten as bad.”

“I don’t really remember it being onerous. The estate and all.” He thought for a moment. “But the last time I was there was…”

“… 2012.”

“Back during second year. It was when you had that ridiculous infatuation-”

“Careful now.” Erina had a gleam in her eye.

Something caught William’s gaze behind Erina. His smile died. Erina turned to see second figure approaching them, dressed in a suit so immaculate it shined. He wore an orange Pantalone, its features frozen into a grinning rictus. It was not ornate, in fact it almost looked cheap but it was unlike any other mask here — by choosing such an ugly visage, its wearer had made a statement. The effect was striking.

William’s shoulders bunched as he stared at the approaching man. “What is he doing here?”

Nethri de sol Sathran bowed deeply before William. “I am honoured to be in your presence.” He gave a short nod towards Erina, a business like greeting. She returned the gesture faintly.

“Nethri,” William began, his voice suddenly sterner. “What brings you here?”

Nethri removed his mask, revealing a smiling visage and handsome, smooth features. “Charity, my Prince. I am here to honour the brave sacrifices high society has made.”

William smiled coldly. “I never knew the Sathrani were such humanitarians.”

Erina sensed danger. “Willia-” she began.

“It is true,” Nethric cut across her. “My family lacks such… capacity. I am only here on behalf of my Lord Osteric.” Nethri smiled back. “Many nobles in the Empire suffer like this. They lack the generous means and portfolios of my Lady Erina here, let alone the Crown Estates. Perhaps your Majesty should visit them some time. It would soothe their souls to know the heir himself listened to their concerns.”

“Highness, Nethri. Only the Emperor is to be addressed as Majesty.”

“Oh yes, I quite forgot,” Nethri apologised, making it quite clear he had not. “A shame the Emperor himself could not be here. But as his representative, it is only fitting that you speak with his voice.”

“I am not Edric. He is busy.” Erina found herself frowning.

Nethri nodded. “I would wish him well, yet I am not aware of what he is doing instead. So instead I shall wish his Highness a good evening.” He placed his mask back on his head, and turned. “Erina."

Erina was confronted by the snarling rictus of the the Pantalone. She stared into its eye sockets. “Nethri.” she replied, in a tone she used for business. He cocked his head, half smiling. Erina was thankful that her own mask kept her confusion from being visible. Nethri was a climber. The Sathrans had been a middling family, but he was already eyeing up the upper ranks of the nobility. To do so, he had embedded himself into Lord Osteric’s faction at court.

Such naked ambition rankled Erina’s sensibilities. Like all climbers, Nethri had no grace about him. His charm was all cheap and oily; it left stains on those he did business with. But he was influential now, and not just thanks to Osteric. And the Lyrvaens did not pick sides in the nobility. They merely held their noses up and wore stronger perfume. Erina did not trust Nethri an inch. But unlike Prince William here, she knew how to do business with him. How to deal with the distasteful.

Erina looked back at William. “Nicely handled.”

William raised his eyebrows. “What? Everyone knows how I feel.”

“Yes, that’s the problem.”

“I speak out so my brother doesn’t have to.”

Is that what you tell yourself? “I’m fairly certain the Empire could do with neither of you speaking out. Wil. Take a leaf out of my book and employ some reticence.”

His eyes flashed at that. “Oh yes, have a Lyrvaen lecture me on reticence, isn’t that ironic-” William began.

“I wouldn’t have thought the Heir Presumptive needed it. But apparently you do.” Erina snapped back. “And Nethri isn’t wrong, by the way. A lot of the nobles I speak to feel unappreciated. Especially the ones in debt, or impoverished.”

“Well apparently I’m being addressed by their advocate. Or it was their banker?” William cocked his head. “I forget which.”

Retorts flashed through her mind. But Erina pursed her lips.

William regarded her a long moment. “Yeah, I thought so.” The Prince let out a sigh. “I haven’t seen you in months, Eri. I don’t want to fight when we do meet.” He turned on his feet and walked off, carrying his Bauta loosely at his side.

Erina was left standing, suddenly alone. Around her, the bridge buzzed with low conversation, illuminated softly by lamps. The water below was dark, disturbed the presence of rushes and by the skittish movements of night bugs. Erina felt separated from it all. She turned to a servant. “Tarik, I would like a drink.”

“What would my Lady like? Gin? Whisky? Champagne?”

“Champagne. And get the bottle.”
Last edited by Imperial Valaran on Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brytene: "Well strap yourself in kiddo, I am a literal fountain of abusive metaphors and fun"

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Alt of Valaran. I guess this one is more regal?

And now. Buses.

Nauchrtenfield
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nauchrtenfield » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:11 pm

Behind the rather sizeable Valran contingent stood a small group of men and women. They where all rather tall in comparison to the rest of the line waiting on top the bridge. There where nine in total; Two carried long trenchcoat in a dark grey, The chest and back covered in a cuirass polished to a intense mirror shine. The tall riding boots where likewise so polished that one could probably use them to apply makeup should you want to, Likewise so the winged helmet was shining in the faint light from the streets. They where members of the State Guard Interior Household Cavalry Company. The members of the Nauchrten state guard that protected the First Speaker of the gewähltlandsfreuidertag, and the rest of the elected civilian leadership of the nation, when they left for locations outside of the capitol island. But they where missing something, for indeed where one would expect to find a long sabre, bayonet and pistol on the mens golden belts was nothing. The only holster that was attached for tonight where a small holster holding a telescoping baton. The host for tonight's ball had been clear no lethal weapons. To ask a soldier of the Interior State Guard to remove their sables and special bayonets, pieces of kit that only they, and the Councillor Guard where allowed to wear, was like a slap to the face(and ego).

The remaining five Nauchrteners looked relatively normal the two men wore full tuxedos, black pants and jackets, white shirts and tie. Both men carried a few decorations on the chest, faithful service to the state in civilian capacity, National Service Graduation. One of the men, a older gentlemen, with both the mustasch, and posture to back up both claims also had a small pin on his chest, depicting a dragon inside the circular frame, all made in silver. The mark of the Dragon Knight order. Being a member of this order showed that you took the national ideals to heart and had Served faithfully and beyond the call of duty for a long time. The older was Johan Eriksson, First Speaker of the gewähltlandsfreuidertag. At 55 years of age he was soon to retire, he had spent 37 years in service to his nation, first as a diplomat, and for the past 13 years, the advisory and "civilian prime minister" as it where to the council. Elected on a platform to advice a continued course of stability for the nation and nearby region, a task he thought he had achieved. Next to him stood his wife of the past 20 years, and two years his senior; Johanna, an accomplished diplomat in her own right and former Ambassador to the Union they where new visiting, and behind them both their daughter, Elisabeth. At only 25 she was still young, but had already made a carrier inside the Airforce as a Naval Fighter pilot, while also having a large internet following as a streamer and blogger. Next to her talking quietly was Erika Schulthammer, wife of the other man, Erik. She was a embassy clerk, and he was the Ambassador to the Union. Erika ,Elisabeth and her mother wore simple, but tailor fitted, straight dresses in a traditional light grey hue. They tow carried a small selection of commendations on the left side of the chest.

Behind the two guardsmen stood another two men, they carried much the same posture as the rest of the Nauchrteners, but they had black vests, and a regal blue bow-tie. Signifying that they where the personal servants of the two gentlemen. Masters of being just out of sight and mind, but always a step ahead the needs of those they served. Skills picked up over many years working in service, and taking pride in it.

The long row of important people waiting on the bridge to be let in and greeted slowly mingled it's way across and became shorter and shorter as time passed, and before long it would be the nauchrterners whom where next up to be greeted by the entrance to the courtyard

Steir
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Steir » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:18 pm

Distinctly Uncomfortable
Brynhildr von Runenov

Some of the Steiric nobility held a great love for the aristocratic ball. Brynhildr von Runenov was not one of them.

"Do I really need to wear a dress?" She asked for what felt as though it was the thirtieth time, the minimalist shape of the fox head mask resting in her lap. She knew her pleading wouldn't change anything, it was far too late for her to change into something more comfortable--like her dress fatigues. Unfortunately for her trio of companions, she seemed intent on having them share her displeasure.

"Yes. This isn't a Steiric function, your Grace, so you can't wear your uniform. Besides, the Kastellan-Kanzler insisted upon it." One of her retainers, a tall, stocky man built more like a panzer than a Kaisrgard. On his lap rested a similarly simple mask in the shape of a stag's head. His name was Benedikt Feldt, and he had done the guests a supreme favor by wearing a full mask. At some point he could've been called handsome, but those days were long gone. Most of his face was covered in scars, or burns. He wore an eyepatch, carefully embroidered with the Rosenkreuz sigil, and worn with age.

Next to him, Brynhildr's other keeper nodded. She was a short, delicate thing, but looks were deceiving, and Lotte Bechrsdottr was anything but delicate. In fact, she was one of the foremost duelists in Steir, nearly unmatched with both pistol and longsword. She was no slouch at boxing, either. She held nearly a dozen commendations for valor in combat, and six wound ribbons. Like her colleague, she wore the crimson vest and black tie of the Kaisrgard's formal civilian uniform. All her commendations somehow had managed to fit on her torso, each medallion shining and each ribbon immaculate. On her lap was a wolf head mask, in the same style as the others.

Brynhildr's third, and final companion, was a small girl no older than nine. The girl wore a simple dress in a pastel blue, and her face was marred by a single long scar wrapping around the bridge of her nose and under her eyes. The girl's name was Anastasia Förster, known to the group simply as Anna, and her chestnut hair was done up into a loose braid. Her mask rested in her hands, a simple rabbit. Her eyes, a pale blue which matched her dress, glanced out the windows excitedly. "Aunt Bryn, where are we again?" She said quickly, nearly stumbling over the more formal Eltsteirspækr as she turned to face her adopted aunt.

The Kaisrïn turned to her ward, her short frock of copper hair pulled into her signature small braid, and smiled. "If I can recall from my geography lessons, we're in the Union, just outside Villa Argenta which is by the Old Town of Adran." As their driver--a man by the name of Vitaly--deftly maneuvered the car, the window filled with a view of a river. "That should be the Baetis, if I recall. I do believe I rather prefer the Orn back home. Looks crisper to me, I suppose."

Lotte snorted in a decidedly unladylike manner. "Everything looks crisper back home, your Grace. Less atmosphere in the highlands."

The Kaisrïn's storm-grey eyes moved pointedly towards her personal guard as the car gracefully slid into parking. With the final jolt, the car halted and the passengers disembarked. The last door shut, and the party donned their masks. As they walked, Brynhildr brushed off imaginary crumbs or wrinkles from the red dress. It was a modest thing, and most certainly far too casual for the occasion, but it was best the combined forces of the Kaisrgard and the Imperial Steward Corps had been able to manage. Even then, it was a Pyrrhic victory.

The engine of the car rumbled, and Vitaly waved politely as he pulled away. He flitted towards designated parking and away from the main entrance, making room for the next group of guests. After waving perhaps to enthusiastically back, Anastasia turned her attention to the other groups of guests. Directly in front of them was a group of tall men, dressed in charcoal coats and wearing mirror-shined cuirasses and helms, straight out of the Renaissance. The men in helms and cuirasses looked distinctly uncomfortable, despite their fine military stoicism.

It was only natural, Brynhildr supposed, as she herself felt rather naked both without uniform, sidearm or the four century old blade that, apart from the Cold Iron Crown, was her symbol of authority. It had no true name, but it was a tool built not for combat, but for executions. The blade was beautiful and ancient and carried a weight far greater than its steel. That weight had become a part of her, though she was reluctant to admit it. Without it she was just as uncomfortable.

"Aunt Bryn, who're those tall knights?" Anna asked, bereft of hesitation or tact.

"Ah, the Nauchrten delegation. I suppose we may as well say hello. There's not a lot to do in a queue like this. Come along, Anna." She said gently, as Anna was already a half-dozen paces ahead. By the time Bryhildr caught up to her wayward charge, it was too late. She was tugging on one of the looming guardsmen's trouser legs, with seemingly no fear of the rather intimidating figure looming over her. A scant second later the final two of the Steirers arrived, only to find a rather comical scene of their liege-lady attempting to pry a young girl from the leg of a foreign state guard.

There were two rather unprofessional snickers as the two absorbed the scene before them. They hadn't even gotten into the ball yet, and already there head of state was being outdone by a child.
Shy's Ausozera/II Guy

Urran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:38 pm

Nobility, Ugh

The Urranese culture was a funny one. Honor bound, deeply religious, complex, yet strangely simplistic at the same time. The nation and its people had a certain mysterious feeling about them. It enchanted and often vexed foreigners.

However, in return, Urran found foreigners to be rather vexing. The trend of nobility and royalty annoyed them greatly. They had thrown off the shackles of monarchy centuries ago and become one of the first democratic type governments in the modern world. It had its troubles, sure, but why would you let someone hold high office or give orders because of a bloodline? To them it made no sense.

That being said, the Union was an ally of Urran, at the very least on paper. Because of this, the island nation felt bound to send someone to represent them at functions such as this, even if they held an open contempt for the Azen people, and thus what the ball stood for. As such, the representative of choice was a thinly veiled slap to the face.

Noriyuki Miyake, acting Secretary of State, and his wife, Chikako, were obvious choices to send, being in charge of foreign relations and Urran's chief international representatives. However, Nori was very vocal about his contempt for Azens. He blamed them for a lot of the problems facing the world, from terrorism and war, to economic uncertainty. In his mind, and, in fact, the minds of many Urranese, the Azens deserved what they had received and were not exactly worthy of pity.

That being said, the Urranese were much less vocal about their political beliefs outside of their sphere of influence and, though he likely would not say it, Nori was at least respectful of the Princess's views.

Said Urranese delegation arrived early, as culture dictated and were not far from the Valaran group as they made their way through the crowd. Nori wore a black tux with white shirt and purple tie. His clothing had been neatly pressed and was free from blemish either thread or stray piece of lint. An Urranese flag pendent proudly adorned the right side of his breast, freshly shined and gleaming in the light.

The was not an especially tall man, rather average in height. His hair was thinning a bit, but was neatly groomed and in place. His dark brown eyes peaked just over the top of his rounded spectacles. He was not so very old, but not so very young. At the age of 62 he was just beginning to grey and show his years. But with years came wisdom and their was something to be admired in his aging face.

His wife was only five years his younger at 57, but she too was beginning to show her age. Her hair was salt and pepper, going grey, but evenly throughout to give her a rather youthful appearance for her age. Many elders would kill for hair like that. Tonight is was cut short, coming just past her ears. She wore a long purple dress, with sleeves that resembled that of a long sleeved kimono. Large pearls adorned both her ears and neck and a massive rock of a wedding ring sat pretty on her finger.

The couple was calm and collected, with a certain stoicism about them that was not unfriendly and gave them the presence of the aristocrats that they walked beside.

"Long line. I wonder what is taking so long." Chikako mused. He lines were not disrespectful, but were delivered in a very matter-of-fact way.

"This cannot be helped." Her husband replied. Unlike some of the other nobles, the Urranese saw patience as a virtue. They would get there one way or another. Besides, they were near enough to the front and they could not very well go back. Tonight would go at its own pace, just as long as patience held true.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

Nauchrtenfield
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nauchrtenfield » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:21 pm

The two guardsmen where traied both as bodyguards, and as soldiers, so they where constantly on the lookout, even if the stationary, stoic appearance made it seem otherwise. So they had seen the little girl, and assumed her to be on hey way to a guardian, or mayhaps playmate. What neither had expected was the small girl to stop in front of one of the guardsmen, and grab a hold firm hold of his black trousers. The well pressed fold serving as a point to hold on to. The reaction from the guardsman who was now under such vicious assault from this small combatant was that of a rather confused sound, the chuckling response both the the scene with the confused guardsman not sure what to do, this brave little girl, and the small group that where quickly moving up to reclaim the girl from her trail of destruction, that the rest of the Nauchrten delegation produced would likely serve to embarrass the guardsman until his end of days.

Johan looked at the new arrivals, adjusted his tall cylindrical hat, and leaned slightly onto his cane, a symbol of status rather then old age. Usually it would house a retractable blade, but the rules of the ball means that he had to use the one that was a simple cane. Made out of Nauchrten dark oak and silver, with engravings and the state sigill in white gold on it, it almost looked like it belonged more in a gallery then on the streets of a modern town. For just a few moments, then he snapped to a short, sharp salute, the typical greeting and the martial nation that Nauchrtenfield was, and addressed the Steiric that stood before him, As he did the rest of the delegation saluted much the same. Steir was the "brother nation" of his own, so even if she was wearing a mask and a dress, something that he thought was a first. He still recognised the silhouette, manners, and presence of the Kaisrïn of Steir, Brynhildr von Runenov.

"Kaisrïn von Runenov, i presume. Then i guess that the young lady that so bravely charged my guard without fear to be Lady Anastasia Förster" he said under his own mask, like the rest of his kinsmen he wore a simple mask that covered everything bar the mouth. Simply ornated with a dragon surrounded by blue roses on the right side. The background in the same light colour as the women's dresses. Johan followed up his greeting with a joking comment, saying "If all your daughters and sons where like her, then i am glad we stand together, and not against one another. If you will excuse the casual tone of my commentary" the last addendum being a formality to him at least.

While the exchange was ongoing the guardsman, now acclimated to the assault had gone over to try to be as kind to the young child, at least as much as his current position of parade would allow
Last edited by Nauchrtenfield on Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vanquaria
Senator

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:47 am

The atmosphere within the limousine was almost restrictive. The Autarch was not in a good mood and his wives knew it. His usual demeanor of youthful grace and self-assured confidence had been replaced by a dark, sullen persona. This was a side his wives rarely knew for Scott was raised to always strive to be presentable and approachable in every possible situation whether it be in public or the affairs of the household. He was raised to be perfect by his late father, a man who did not fear the world but rather made the world fear him. Despite Vlad being gone, Scott still felt the eyes of his ancestors scrutinizing his every move, his every action.

It was agitating! It had ALWAYS been agitating. Their eyes, from within the canvases that held their self-portraits, seemed to gaze at the Tyeora family's latest scion as if they expected greatness from him. Yet, he had had nothing to show them but failure, failure to win wars, failure to capitalize on the greatest imperial power of the modern age.

He began to stroke his forehead with his hand, the gold-lined, white glove he wore hiding the sweat on his fingers. His teeth were perfectly white and perfectly straight but he chose to use them not for an encouraging smile to his wives but to grit his teeth in growing frustration at the situation he was in. There had to be damage mitigation done, and it would have to be done by him. He wet his drying lip before closing his eyes.

I am no mere Emperor, I am Autarch. My nation is the only one in the entire world that openly bares all for it knows nothing can happen to it. Yet, right now I feel as if Vanquaria is but an isolationist monarchy, estranged from even the powers we helped create! Unacceptable, I won't tolerate this!

The vein on his forehead pulsed as his eyes widened in anger.

The Emperor of Liverpool WILL be taught his place in this world! My world!

Scott was aware of the women within the car watching him but he did not care. Why should he care? After all, it was he, not them, who shouldered the responsibility of leading a nation whose very foundation was built on war to the future they deserved.

His fingernails scratched the palm of his hand as he was caught by the dazzling lights of Unionist city. They shined upon his very pupils, making him recall his youth long ago, where he devoted hours to his dream of exploring the world. The notion that there was something fantastical about Alitheia, that there was beauty out there just waiting to be experienced was something that entranced the young Scott for most of his youth until his father passed away. Then, he dutifully took upon the responsibility of being the Autarch of Vanquaria and swore to conquer those who wished revenge upon his peoples for past wrongs.

The Tyeora family will not be suffer such disrespect from lesser families like them again, not while I sit upon the Iron Throne. He resolved to personally bring Liverpool back into the folds of the Dominion, a promise he would find harder to act upon in the times ahead.

"Darling."

The gentle touch of Victoria jolted him out of his musing. She was leaning close to him, her feminine scent stimulating Scott's olfactory system.

"Victoria," Scott addressed her. His 1st wife, she had been with him the longest thus, knew him better than the others. She had been exposed to his vulnerabilities for they had been wed before his coronation as Autarch. She had been privy to his thoughts regarding the throne, his father, the Vanquarian people and the world itself. Reflecting back on just how much he had opened up to her, it embarrassed the current Scott who liked to think himself as a developed final product capable of perfection.

He looked into her eyes and to his surprise, he found amusement within. Victoria gave nothing but a smile upon and simply told him, "We have arrived."

The door next to the pair suddenly opened to reveal the curvaceous figure of one of his many female secretaries. The blonde-haired young woman, wearing a seductive backless dress made of velvet red fabric, bowed low to Scott and Victoria and said, "My lord, my lady. Welcome to Lady Adreana's Ball."

"Ah, thank you Miss Secretary," Scott replied as he stepped out. He was instantly met with the attention of fellow guests everywhere. However, he barely noticed any of them. He did have a little bit of a reputation as a womanizer. Well, alright, maybe that reputation was known beyond even the lands of Helsa. However, in that moment, the Vanquarian lord's attention was with the pleasant music emanating throughout the site.

As he stood there, his 3 wives stepped out of the white limousine behind him. There was the blonde-haired Victoria, dressed conservatively in a bright purple gown.

After her came Princess Lila Stazko of Helghan. She was known for being a open-minded royal who was not restrained by cultural traditions. And it showed that night for she wore a mere black coat over a white cotton sweater. Certainly unconventional but Scott recalled marrying her out of the other Helghast princesses because she was fun like that. It reminded him of his younger self after all. Last but definitely not least, was the Crown Princess of Reutoa, Augusta Samantha Bierbaum I.

The youngest by far out of his wives, she was also shy and timid in the public spotlight, tending to run away rather than towards the camera. However, Scott had met her in the privacy of her own home and that was where their romance had first begun. Of course, her family being traditionally Unionist did not deter the pair from arranging a spectacular public marriage under the nightsky, that night was probably the only time Scott had witnessed her smiling in front of a thousand cameras. She emerged next to her fellow princesses in a revealing baby blue dress, her shoulders and legs bared. Her eyes were cast downwards, not wanting to attract the attention of anyone present though she undoubtedly would with the way she looked.

Finally, there was the man of the family himself. Much to the surprise of those around him with the exception of his wives, Scott had chosen to don modern formal attire; that of a black tuxedo covered by a white and red coat with the symbol of Tyeora imprinted upon it and finishing with shining black shoes. Vanquarian royals were known for their tendency to don traditional imperial attire but it seemed for that special, moonlit night under the lens of the world, Scott wanted to showcase something different about himself for once.

"Ugh, it's cold," complained Lila, her arms wrapped around herself.

A giggle came from Victoria who was next to her, "You certainly have the right to complain! Wearing a nice, thick coat while Augusta and me bare our bodies out in the cold!"

"Hmph, just means I am smart enough to wear a coat in a night like this."

"Heh, its either that or just plain bad luck for us that the line for guests is moving at the pace of a snail," retorted Victoria, gesturing to the other VIPs in front of them.

Suddenly the 2 of them looked at Scott, challenging their prince to save them.

Raising an eyebrow, the young Autarch defended himself, "Hey, we are in a foreign land remember? I can't just push everyone aside but what I can do is...," Scott removed his own coat and gave it to Victoria. Then he took of his suit and put it around Augusta despite her quiet protests which were heard only barely by the other 3 imperials, "There you go girls. Should be better now shouldn't it?"

Victoria curtsied, "Ever the gentleman you are dear."

Rubbing his neatly combed blonde hair, Scott laughed for the first time that day, "If only that's true!"
Vanq commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Hitler of NS.

"I took away Vanq's YB for deliberatly ignoring me"
"I know Vanq is a very good writer and this is how he treats someone of lesser skill?"
"I would love to have a writer of your caliber along for the ride"
"neo and vanq do a dbz fusion to form 1 big shitposter then get erased from NS by kyrusia"
"Which is the level of memeing I expect from Vanq"
"brigadier general comes on, pulls a vanq and calls us all autistic"

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:16 am

Grand Princess Nikole Grimsdottir-Pyrrhas-Vogt
Anowan Party
Villa Argenta
Autocratic Union
11/27/2018 - 19:3x PM AST

Sitting behind 10 cm of steel plating, 9 cm thick ballistic glass, and in the back seat of a airtight vehicle that had to be flown in by a military cargo plane, one had a unique perspective of the world. First of all there was no sound from the outside, the hustle and bustle of the streets in the fairly large city passing them by, before fading into a serene coastal drive. The Autocratic Union was a beautiful country, the serenity and calmness of things a stark contrast to her own home. In Anowa, there was always something, sirens, a lone gunshot, a boding sense of concern. Her home was safe from the outside, but those within still came to harm at their own hands.

Nikole's gaze shifted from outside the window to her mother... well, birth mother. She had two separate mothers, one she called Mitéra, the other Móðir, her father was simply that, Anowan families tended to get complex like that [1]. Ingrid, her mother, was sitting in a situation much like Nikole herself was, staring out the window at everything going by. It was the first time Nikole had seen her dress in anything more than a simple shirt and pants, opting for a black split maxi dress that went to her mid calf. For that matter Nikole had never seen her mother wear makeup before now either.

But even with the dolling up, the woman who had inspired her to be the best she could be was hurting deep down. Recent revelations, coupled with the trauma of her life had made the woman hard as a block of granite, but equally brittle, there would be a breaking point eventually, and the number of scars from bullets, knives, shrapnel and fire were the cracks, however insignificant compared to the mental pain [2]. Everyone in the vehicle had those cracks [3].

Her brother, Nikolaj, had a scar running from behind his ear down his neck from a shard of glass that nearly killed him. The pink tissue still there, having only had the stitches removed a week ago. It was hard to spot given the man's red hair was combed back in such a way that unless you knew what to look for, it'd be easy to miss. The black suit he wore also kept the visage away from the back of his head and neck. As fraternal twins, they looked alike, red hair, green eyes, their mother's jaw. Granted, they didn't look like they could chew through solid cement like their mother did. Both of them were also lacking the amount of freckles their mother did.

The woman who gave them life had less skin and more a canvas of life experience. Tattoos on her arms, legs, torso and neck all had a meaning, from runic roundels to valkknots, with enough religious scripture in the form of Nordic prayers to ensure that when she died, there would be no question of where she was from [4]. Add in all the scars and people would know she had lived at just a glance. Ignoring the fact she was built like a walking tank and taller than most Liyomese even.

Looking away from her own family, Nikole looked at her three other compatriots sitting across from her: Soren, Roberto and Ardon.

Soren, the man who she'd grown explicitly close to over the past months. He had the kind of dismissiveness and unique type of empathy that clicked. Whereas others would be intimidated or overly protective of the blue blooded girl, Soren was neither, he'd already seen so much that the only thing that intimidated him was public speaking, and while he never went out of his way to white night for Nikole, he did in fact care. A brown suit, the same tone as his hair and stubble, contrasting his grey eyes. His face was somewhat round, angular at the same time, it was something he was self conscious about. Always claiming to have an oversized head, but it was perfect for him in Nikole's eyes.

Roberto was, well, a moron [5], but the lovable and capable kind. He wasn't smart, but he cared for damn near anyone he knew by name. He also came from a line of culinary artists dating back a very long time. The Schmuckatelli name was on chain of restaurants across Anowa, as well as a number of cookbooks in her family's kitchen. In the field, he'd always somehow manage to make MRE's palatable. Roberto had a small frown on his rather chubby face as he tried tying his bowtie for the hundredth time it seemed like. A mop of blonde hair sat atop his head, brown eyes furrowed in concentration. Nikole couldn't help but take a deep breath, as the man continued to struggle with the get up of a powder blue tuxedo.

To the blue wonder's left, sat Ardon, the polar opposite to his larger and definitely less knowledgeable friend. Walking him through the process of tying the bowtie, his arm still in a sling. Had was the only one among them with anything more than stubble, with a full on beard, and hair tied into a pony tail at the back of his head, Kippah a bleach white adorning his head. A black suit, well fitted and of a material more expensive than Nikole cared to guess was wrapped around his form in a way that made the man seem smaller than he actually was.. Ardon wasn't exactly the smartest, but he may as well have been a walking encyclopedia. Coming from a wealthy family of bankers and Makkabaian aristocrats, he was never wanting in his youth, in a way like herself and Nikolaj. This was one of the few places it was unlikely he'd stand out, among the rich and elite.

Then there was herself. As previously mentioned, red hair, green eyes, some scant freckles and a square jaw. Her hair was done in a rather neat braided bun, red lipstick and darker end eyeshadow, and a red bodycon dress that ended at her knees. Describing herself was difficult without sounding too vain or narcissistic. Nikole would say she was pretty, she looked quite similar to her mother, besides the undercut her mother usually had and the size disparity, they could easily be confused as siblings at the least. being an early bloomer, Nikole also had faded stretch marks across her chest and legs, something she was self conscious about, but were thankfully covered up by her dress. Like all Anowans her age, she had definition to her musculature, nowhere near to her mother's degree though, but it was there.

"Thoughts Nikki?" Her brother, his voice was surprisingly soft, almost deceptively so given his size.

Nikole shook her head, "Just, simple musing is all."

"Been doing a lot of that lately, still thinking-"

"About Grunalia? No."

The two returned to silence. After a few more minutes of driving, the group decided to don the party mandatory masks. Nikole herself, had opted for a simple black eyemask wrapping around the side of her head, black feathers started to form around her temples as the metal around her eyes and along the bridge of her nose was a blacked steel, secured much like one would wear a pair of glasses. Nikolaj opted for the same thing, but with white feathers and chromed steel instead. Valkyries, spirits who sorted the honored dead from those who would continue their afterlife struggling for redemption in Hel.

Roberto's was simple: red and green stripes ran around the edge of a white porcelain eyemask secured via a rather hard to see band running over his ears. Inlaid with gold on his forehead was his family's seal. A family that had become renowned in Anowa for owning high class restaurants despite coming from nigh poverty line origins. The Schmuckatelli family line traced itself back to the Second World War, their auto mechanic shop was destroyed by the bombings at the time, resulting in no home, no shelter, and no real support due to the ongoing war effort. The family started working at a kitchen to provide food and supplies to those in a similar situation to them, Donnish citizens fleeing from the Axis death camps and to a place they could remain safe. After the war, their passion for food remained, and Robereto's grandfather opened a restaurant. Within thirty years 'Schmuckatelli' became a name synonymous with nobility based on nothing more than the fact that they provided for more parties and balls than any other Anowan establishment.

Ardon's took a more traditional role, for one of his beliefs. His mask was wood, lacquered and polished rainbow eucalyptus, covering his whole face with a hole for his eyes mouth and nose. A simple mask from a beautiful tree. In his religion a testament to the gifts his god had bestowed on man to use and aid themselves in their journey of life. Despite their wealth and place in the hierarchy, they didn't flex their financial muscle very often, yes they had nice clothing, and expensive vehicles, but that stemmed more from 'we want it to last' instead of buying expensive things for the will of it. Nikole had been to the Yeolsen residence near Pteleraki, it was far from the mansion she'd expected, being a simple two story townhouse with four bedrooms to accommodate the 5 person family. They were humble, frugal, and far from vain.

Her mother's mask was full face as well, much like the motif of her skin, it was a stone mask with inlaid jade as Nordic inscriptions, this time it was a war poem of the Battle of Port Heliostadt [6], roughly 12 years ago in Kubati. Reading it brought back bittersweet memories. It was the first time Nikole had earnest broke into violent sobs based on nothing more than her mother's (the other one) sheer worry, still pregnant with her sister Ophelia. Nikole She was sick with chickenpox, and as such wasn't at school like her brother was, but as they read the news report on TV that the city had been essentially reduced to cinders, Oleander outright dropped her cup of tea and broke into tears. Nikole followed not knowing the reason why but understanding it was a time of distress. Nikole found out eventually that it was the reason her father now walked with a cane, and her birth mother had a myriad of scars and a medal around her neck.

In a similar vein was Soren's mask, it was a collection of what one could easily confuse as scales, forming around his eyes and shaped to follow the contours of his face down to his jaw. Everything above his nostrils was covered in the shaped plates, all 45 of them. Each one upon closer inspection was the secondary ID tag for an Anowan soldier. A small brass plate above his nose read: -5/21/2018- Operation Dawnbreaker. Erong, Modeno. Axios! It was where Soren had crossed a line that couldn't be uncrossed, Nikole knew her other had nightmares about that day still. The day where he took and lost so much that it was a miracle he wasn't a emotional wreck. He hesitated for a moment, looking at it in mourning before donning it and securing it. Their eyes met and she knew he'd be okay.

The vehicle stopped, the voice from the driver's seat speaking up for the first time, 'We've arrived M'am." the full on BDU he wore, could stop a rifle round dead, even if it made it through the vehicle's armor, the man in the passenger seat was the same, though armed with a full powered rifle. Blacked out OLED lined windows prevented any view from the outside in unless they wanted people to see, and most definitely didn't want a panic. So black as the void the windows remained.

The leftside door audibly clunked twice, as both the pneumatic and mechanical locks disengaged. Ingrid swung the door openand the 300 lbs slab of metal held on to the vehicle by hydraulically assisted hinges. They all proceeded out of the vehicle one by one until they all stood at a rather crowded looking convention. Given how much of her life was provided by taxes and government spending, with her house being a heritage site and with no real expenditures beyond casual clothing, Nikole, and for that matter almost the whole rest of her family, had quite the fortune amassed, even individually. Nikole didn't have a lot of wants or needs, so she started looking for where the money could go to do some good.

She needn't look far. Anowan culture was one of 'looking out for the less fortunate', and while there was a stint in the 50s and 60s about foreign powers very much wanting Anowa as a whole gone, now people realized it wasn't the case. So she started looking out for the less fortunate, with most charities being somewhat shady, she looked for a reputable individual, in this case: Lady Adreanna.

And thus, the reason she was here at the moment.

Her mother spoke up, "I've been here thirty second and I already see 4 security issues. The most glaring being that line."

Roberto popped a question, "What if security's being thorough?"

"Then it means they're not confident and they're hung up on things they shouldn't be. Either that or they're being needlessly picky."

A pause from Rob, "Isn't that a good thing though?"

Ardon answered for Ingrid, 'You can see the spacing there, yeah?"

Another pause, "Right."

"In any event." came Nikolaj, "Not gonna get much done here, and I seriously doubt anyone would be stupid enough to toss a frag into the crowd. So let's go where there's light." the only male redhead in the party set off waving the others with him.

Nikole had to agree. Darkness wasn't fun when there was a heated alternative.

[1] Anowan Families - In Anowa, culturally and legally there is no simple concept of marriage. Stemming from the nation's major pagan religious following. Instead there is a ceremony directly translated as 'Bloodjoining' a two day event to celebrate the introduction of a family member or the joining of two or more families. Such an event is usually thrown for newborns, adoptions, and 'marriage'. This can result in siblings who aren't blood related, spouses numbering in the dozens, and families capable of filling whole small villages.

[2] Mental pain - Due to recent (30 years) military actions in Kubati, Grunalia, Modeno, and Anowa itself, the percentage of the Anowan populace coping with some form of trauma as a result of combat is at 3% of the Anowan population, while trauma as a result of non-combat incidents sits at roughly 10%. Suicide rates as a result of self induced societal and cultural pressure for pensioners and medically discharged personnel is also high. It's estimated that an Anowan combat veteran takes their own life once every two hours.

[3] Cracks - The Anowan education system is folded in with it's conscription system. Primary school education runs from the ages of 6 to 11, and teaches things as any other state would do. When the student enters their 6th year of study, they are then moved from a primary school to a Military Academy, at which point their education is more regimental in structure and begins to include military training as well in the form of physical training, firearms training and safety, small unit tactics and outdoorsmanship. They will spend their 10th year learning more specialized training of their choice before shipping out to serve with a unit for the state mandated minimum of 2 years. This usually occurs at 16 years of age, however students can opt to take Officer's School where they may earn a degree and enlist out of school with an officer's commission, learning more methods in life that can also pertain to both military and civilian life in leadership roles. Graduation of Officer's School typically occurs at the age of 19-20.

[4] Nordic - Anowan Nordic is an isolated language, that is to say, it has no common ground with any other language. At some point connected to both Pyrrhic and Germanic, the xenophobia and isolation that Nordic people exhibited for several hundred years resulted in a language that is nigh entirely unique. It's grammatical and syntactical structure is noted as one of the more unforgiving and difficult of any language.

[5] Moron - In Anowa, all children are required to take a state mandated IQ test twice a year between the ages of 12 and 16. If the results are consistently low enough (typically < 70) the testee is given to an asylum for care, legally being defined as intellectually impaired enough that they cannot fully care for themselves. Those who are borderline or above (typically 71 <) are allowed to function in Anowan society as with any other Anowan.

[6] The Battle of Port Heliostadt - In 2007, during the Kubatian civil war, with the Southern Communist Seperatists on the verge of losing a war of attrition, launched a full fledged assault on the only port remaining in Kubati that could house the Anowan navy's ships, in a final ditch attempt for independence. What they expected to be a 12 hour attack into the moderately sized city became a bloodbath for both sides. Resulting in a successful defense by the Anowan 2nd Cavalry Division (Airmobile), 3rd Battalion, over the course of 4 days, but with over 40% of the battalion being killed and the remaining 60% being wounded in some form. Deaths on the Separatist's side are still being counted, but number nearly 2,000. The only positive event to come from the battle was a ceasefire being declared three days later, and the Separatist's surrender a week afterwards.
Last edited by Anowa on Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Saradena
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 17, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Saradena » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:06 pm

Union of Autocratic Empires

==============
*"Don't tell me we're late"*

While the early evening continued on, a Marked Esgonian Iveco LMV with the Esgonian Pentagon parks just outside of the Villa, seeing the entourage of the other foreign attendants nearby. The first one to step out of the vehicle was the driver and the entourage's bodyguard, who opened and ushered the door for Shikota, who only came by herself and her son due to her husband being away in FAP for a corporate event. Her son then steps out of the car as the driver closes the car door and returns inside to find a good parking spot.

Shikota was out here to be Esgonia's representative for the Ball as a sign of goodwill between the nobility of the Union and the Federal Government. Ironically, Esgonia's monarchy was overthrown in a violent revolution over a century ago, and conflicts between the countries that make up the Union and the Federation were not uncommon throughout their history, but they still had cordial relations with each other, especially in the 21st Century, where the Federation's approval of the Union is at its highest in years. Her mission was to continue the cordial relations they had and enjoy the night. In a world where the political field can shift at any time, long-standing friends would be needed.

She carried with her a handbag her husband bought for her, adorned with the old Esgonian Eagle, which she kept by her side. She wore a red evening party gown and a trench coat, while her son wore a tuxedo that fit his size. The bodyguard as well was wearing a tuxedo to avoid attracting unwanted attention to them as they enjoyed the party.

"Remember what I told you, Kuril. We're meeting very important people today. Be on your best behavior and do not make a fuss." Shiko reminds her son as she puts on her coat, with her son giving a gentle nod as the walked towards the villa, but as they continue in, a black sedan stopped behind them, revealing the occupants as Erhard Brunshelm, the previous President, as well as his daughter Kotori. Their reasons for coming were was mostly for business, as Erhard, following the end of his presidency, continuously worked with NGOs to help the needy, especially with the recent collapse of Azenyanistan, which during his presidency, worked hard to keep the country afloat, to which he could only blame the former Azen government for its collapse. But confrontation was not his intention. He was flanked by his daughter, wearing more casual clothes, and their contracted security detail, who were wearing formal clothes as instructed.

"I told you to wear something more formal." he whispers to his daughter. "That's none of your business, Dad. I don't hear you telling Mom or David to wear formally during that last meeting with Mrs Akinojeka."

Before he could retort, they were interjected with the Ambassador.

"Ah, Mister Brunshelm! Didn't expect to see you here." Shikota waves at the two. Erhard then extends a handshake to her. "Ah yes, Mrs. Arineji. It's a pleasure to see you here as well. How have you been? Surprised that Ranko didn't come."

"She wanted to attend, but she has issues at home, especially after hearing the case of ArkaGroup's controversial actions in Azen."

"Right..."

The two continued to converse and chat as they walked towards the entrance to the villa. Kotori, however, was not all too happy with being here, as she would have rather stayed in the offices in Building 7 than attend another glorified conference hall.

Iza, this is going to be one boring evening. I hope Kimiko comes here too." she remarked as she checks her phone for her new text message.
Last edited by Saradena on Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Japanese/Mongolian weeb cesspit nation with a lotta US military hardware
Formerly known as Esgonia (RIP Best Maid)

Call me Es, Essie, Ainsley Harriot, whatever.
Send TG's if you like
  • Part of Novae Terrae/Alithea (Most of our canon stuff's now on Discord anyway. TG me if you're interested!)
  • Does not use NS Stats (I have Factbooks, dammit)
Empire of Donner land wrote:We get it. You're the grand master edge supreme. :P
Victoriala wrote:Thank god we aren't neighbors

Tune of the now: "Zambian Psychedelic Rock music I just found or something"

Free Asian Ports
Senator

Founded: Aug 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Asian Ports » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:31 pm

As It Were

Keurvorstin-Heiress, the Sovereign Princess Inheritor of the Electorate, Heir Apparent to the Nanasawa clan, Captain of the Guard of His Majesty's Royal Regiment... and so on. What a dull title. It went on forever, too. Kimiko couldn't possibly remember that. Especially not after drinking at official functions. Definitely not after drinking outside official functions. Alcoholism is typically something that doctors diagnose but close friends and family of Kimiko would affirm that she definitely drinks enough to forget that lousy noble title. She's down to earth in this sense, working her way up from the bottom in the SNLF (at least, as a commissioned officer) to be one of the most respected officers of her rank, a notable exception to the rule of nobles as military officers. She owns and operates businesses as a private citizen, at least her name is on the paperwork and the relevant management for said businesses affirm she takes part in the operation of those businesses. Her friends from as far back as middle school happily testify that Kimiko is outgoing and friendly, ready to get stuck in to anything. It was a life that built a unique personality.

Ritsuko was only half-sure she could pull it off. She'd know her own identical twin sister better than anybody else, being alive for almost exactly the same amount of time. Kimiko was first by just a couple minutes, and ever since Ritsuko was smart enough to stay in the monolith that is Kimiko's personality's shadow. Where Kimiko plunged headfirst into any activity, Ritsuko stood by and observed. Where Kimiko started early to get the best advantage, Ritsuko waited and strategized. The two were different as twins could be, though Ritsuko had the foresight and observational skills to know her sister very well, almost better than Kimiko knew herself. Which was all the knowledge Ritsuko would need to see this deception through.

"Kimiko", the designated heiress to the Nanasawa family and by extension the Clan, the Clan's vote in the Emperor's counsel, every business and enterprise the family owned, and the entire regiment of soldiers they nominally had loyal to them, was sat in the passenger side of a rented out luxury car driven by a family Courier. It was the sort of model car Kimiko would pick, naturally. Something fast and luxurious, the supercar that one might see in a video game or an action movie. Her dress was the sort Kimiko would wear, a scarlet red backless dress that showed off her cleavage but mostly left things to the viewer's imagination. "Kimiko" wasn't packing heat, since the invitation clearly specified weapons weren't allowed, which chafed at Ritsuko's sensibilities. Kimiko would have been confident that her own family's mercenaries were sufficient protection, but Ritsuko was a bit more thoughtful and paranoid. She suppressed that unease as best she could, hoping to keep character. She was, after all, pretending to be her own sister. And it had to be a good job, not even close family friends could know about it. The actual Kimiko depended on it for her... whatever it is that secret society was having her do. Eyes were watching this ball, and Ritsuko needed to ensure that the impression that Nanasawa Kimiko, title and all, was attending.

The driver thought she was Kimiko, and was quite professional regardless. So that much was working out. Ritsuko combed through the ball itinerary, collecting as much information as she could and memorizing everything. Spy skills came in handy here, although she'd have to keep in mind to pretend not to take advantage of this later. Kimiko might not be as thorough. Which was another thing... the real Kimiko would definitely be drinking. She has a history, no doubt. Ritsuko liked to err on the side of caution and avoids getting inebriated where possible. What this meant was Kimiko's actual alcohol tolerance was higher than Ritsuko's. Perhaps her greatest effort would be fighting through the amount of booze "Kimiko" will try to consume. The mask couldn't slip.

"Ma'am"

The driver's alert didn't surprise Ritsuko one bit, but she let "Kimiko" be slightly startled by the new information.

"We've arrived"

"Bring us around front" ordered Kimiko, nodding. She took out her phone and checked her contacts. Kotori was attending, and she was one of the people she was... hoping to see there. It would make this event less boring if she had her drinking buddy.

Rolling up! See any old fossils in silly costumes yet?
sent

The Concert of Ashai

Elector Takahashi Daisuke, the head of the storied and honorable Takahashi clan, was tooling his way through some thoughts about how to manage a major purchase his lieutenants in the Royal Regiment had planned. Assault rifles were hardly special, but damn near every purchase his Regiment made was to be thoroughly checked up and down by the Cabinet Special Budget Agency. Checks and balances and civilian control of the military won out over the noble's concerns every time, which is why most Electors just put their strength in their PMC units, which aren't subject to the same regulation as the Royal Regiments were. But Daisuke, and in fact almost all the Electors and their clans, were not so underhanded and kept as much as possible in the open. He firmly believed his Royal Regiment served the nation, and equipped and trained it as such. The assault rifle order, to be made from a factory in Nordenlund, was to equip the force reconnaissance element of the regiment the Takahashi clan commanded. Because the arms deal was occurring over borders, despite still being inside the Cooperation Sphere, it is going to be under especially heavy scrutiny and Daisuke didn't want to miss any details. In fact, the whole point of coming out to Adra was to take his mind off the arms deal.

Out the window of the car, Daisuke could see the palace approach. He sighed and decided to forget the political machinations for now. He'd been offered to represent Yamatai's elite at the ball in place of his close friend Nanasawa Kubo, and he decided to accept as a way of taking time off. In fact, he would stay in Adra for a few days after the ball to relax. He earned a vacation, hadn't he? Surely this would be a pleasant occasion...

His wife smiled to him her seat in the SUV. "I believe lady Kimiko is attending, it will be a treat to meet her again after a while" she noted, clearly excited for the ball. Daisuke nodded. His friend's daughter would lighten the mood quite a bit, he decided as the vehicle pulled up in front of the manor.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Union Of Autocratic Empires » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:57 am

Brachium Bridge, outisde the island, 19:57

Eventually, in what Sergeant Mills felt like it had been hours, the mass of the foreign guests had made its way past the checkpoint and into the island. While no furter complications had taken place, and the delay yiself hadn't been too long, the fact the night started with a mess up on his men's part felt like a slap to the sergeant's proud careed in the force. "I told both of you, explicitely, to stay in the checkpoint and make sure the guests comply with the rules. Stay. In. The. Checkpoint." the man stood with his arms crossed as he procceeded to lecture them, standing alongside Chief Inspector Galba and the Caprtain of the Valkyrian Guard, Aelia. "Maybe next time I'll nail your boots to the ground, because apparently you two are too undiciplined to follow basic order." One of the constables looked up and tried to muse a protest, but the veteran policeman's glare made him shut up. "Now that we're clear, hopefully such colossal fuckup does not happen again. You are to patrol this very bridge for what remains of the ball with hyour fellow officers, and if I see you two screwing around again, there will be long standing consequences. Can I get a "yes, sir" now?" "Sir yes sir" the young men replied sheepishly. "Good. You may leave now."
With a salute, both men left for the now cavant checkpoint with a timid walk. The sergeant sighed, not pleased with having to be so harsh towards the new recruits, but he had been left with no other choice. Specially when in such an important event with so many VIPs all over the place.

"Don't feel bad, Sergeant Mills" the woman in the blue uniform replied, almost as if reading his thoughts. "In this line of work, not giving a rookie a dressing-down can end with people dead. You did your duty as their superior well." The man just nodded politely, not answering back due to feeling the woman in the blue uniform had no right in giving him lessons on how to do a job he had held long before she could even work.

"Captain Aelia, my men will now procceed to keep the bridge safe, as was agreed in the briefing. We trust the Guard will do their duty with the same diligence as they always do." Like in Donnder Land. Outstanding job right there. Mills thought to himself. He then turned towards the Chief Inspector, who would oversee the mercenaries during the ball. "I trust you will be able to rein the sellswords in, Chief Inspector?" The disgust dripped from his mouth when refering to the Nanasawa PMC members.

The inspector, who had donned a rather simple domino mask with the Metropolitan Police's emblem, nodded while rtirling his very long, well cared for mustache. "I know you don't like the idea of mercenaries being used as security, sergeant, but if they are anything, it's efficient. You can rest easy." While it obviously did not put all of the sergeant's worries to rest, he trusted Galba could keep the Porteans in a leash. "Now, miss Aelia" the much older man told to the uniformed woman standing by his side, "we have a ball to attend to." The woman nodded and both turned and started making their way towards the ball while the Sergeant of the Metropolitan police turned around and started to patrol alongside his men.

The chief was right. They could handle a few noblemen and other oddities. He just had to calm down.

Living room's access to the courtyard, 19:58

"Stop struggling already" an annoyed Prince Alexander told his sister as he was helping her tie her tuxedo's bowtie. "Do you want me to strangle you or do you want me to help you put this thing" With a resignated look, Lady Adreana bowed again so her younger sibling could carry on with his task. She wanted to protest, but she had to leave her hands behind her back so as to not interrupt the complicated operation.

Princess Adreanna Argentus Silva, or Adri, as her closest acquintances used to call her, was much more nervous than she should. Sure, she had done this event three other times already, but it had never gotten so many guests from other nations - nor had it directly affected her own people; while many Adran politicians were quick to shove the Azens under a bus, she felt she owed something to them as part of the leadership of the Union. After all, if the future monarch is not going to look after her people, what's the point? They may as well start setting up the guillotines.

And almost as if on cue, she felt her brother's rather sad attempts at assassination tighten around her neck, eliciting a glare from the young woman. "I told you, if you keep squirming, I'm going to keep strangling you." the Princess sighed - or as close as she could get to sighing. Maybe she should have settled for a dress. The host's attire was something unusual for an Adran princess; She had chosen to wear a black onyx tuxedo, complete with a midnight blue vest and a matching shoulder mounted cape that she wore open, black on the outside and dark blue on the inside. For footwear she had chosen rather sober black men's dressing shoes, and had decided to don white gloves, a white handkerchief with her family's coat of arms on the tuxedo's front pocket, and that cursed white bowtie that was trying to completely obstruct her bowtie. She had considered wearing a top hat, but ended up deciding against it, considering it too "on the nose". For the mask she had decided to go for a more simplistic look, choosing a veery thing domino masak of plain white that left most of her face exposed while still bringing some focus to her green colored eyes. She had also decided to fix her hair for the event, sporting a rather long pixie haircut which contrasted with her usually seen rather long red mane from most of her public viewings. even if her haircut tended to vary rather often.

"And there" prince Alexander said. He had chosen to wear what looked like an 18th century monarch's outfit, with (ornamental) armor plates on knees, shoulders, chest, waist and as boots, a look he completed with a very ornamental helmet that reminded of a Centurion of old, which had a partial faceplate that doubled as a mask. "All set. Let me see you." Complying, the Princess extended her arms sideways and turned around. Her sibling nodded. "Not bad, not bad at all. You actually look like a respectable woman, rather than the sad tomboy I had imagined when you first showed me your attire." Princess Adrenna responded with the universal sign for annoyance in Adra, by showing her brother the back of her hand and extending her index and middle fingers. The Prince chuckled. "To be fair, I was asking for it. Ready for the big show?"

Adreanna sighed. "I hope so. To be honest, I am rather nervous."(1) she told her brother. "There are many more guests than other years, and my previous parties had nowhere near the same amount of foreigners in them." She looked by the window and gazed at the crowd. Most guests from the Union had already settled in the courtyard, and the foreign guests had started to arrive after a jam in the bridge. So many people who (she thought) were much higher than her in the social pyramid...

"Of course you are. You are the best prepared Princess of Adra we'e had in decades. You can handle this." the host smiled faintly, appreciating the reassurance. "And if for whatever reason you freeze, know both mother and I are in the crowd for you. I know you won't need us, of course, but I feel like you should know it." he stepped forward and put his hand on her shoulder. "I know you will make us proud, sis."

Almost as if on cue, Modesta Antius Celsus, Lady Adreana's translator for the night and replacement of her text to speech programme for the night, stepped in. "Your Gace, we are ready to start whenever you wish." Walking towards her, Adreanna looked back at her sibling, who gave her an encouraging thumbs up before leaving to join the guests at the crowd alongside two members of the Pretoria. She inhaled one last time and walked towards the pallet that had been installed in the courtyard for her to give her "speech".

Courtyard, 20:01

The gathered crowd had just been joined by the many guests hailing from beyond the Union, but their attention was occupied by the women that had just taken positions high on the stage, one of them being none other than the guest of the event herself. After the many conversations among the crowd died out, Princess Adreanna started to speak to the public through her translator, who put a voice to the gestures she used to communicate.

"Ladies and gentlemen" the woman in red accompaning the princess spoke with a soft, yer firm, voice as she relayed the messages from the young Adran to the guests. "Esteemed guests from the Union and far beyond, from aristocrats to businessmen and private citizens without disctintion. Let me welcome you all to the city of Gades, and start by thanking you for taking some your time to come join me here today. And not just for a run of the mill ball, as today we have a higher purpose to be here. We all know the not so distant disaster that happened in what we now know as The Federation". At this point, a few people in the crowd started murmuring, some in sadness, some in disgust. "While the situation has stabilised considerably thanks to the involvement of several nations, representatives of whom we have the ñuck to have here today, there are still tens of thousands of people who have lost their home, family or worse. Tens of thousands of people, not just Azens, whose entire world ceased to exist overnight. Tens of thousands of people who have lost everything." Leaving a brief pause for her message to truly sink in, Princess Adreanna continued on with her "speech". "However, something can be done about it. While most of the population who can do little to change the situation, every single one of us here has the power to make things better for the victims of this unprecedented humanitarian disaster. While doing so is not a requirement for being here tonight, we have now opened a safe channel to help fund several Humanitarian agencies relocate, rebuild and assist the victims of the Azen state's collapse. For those who want to donate, or otherwise wish to suggest other ways they can help, feel free to approach me. Let's show the planet we really can change the world for the better!"

At this point, lady Adreanna took a glass that an aide had perviously left to a table by her side, raised it, and continued to "speek" with her remaining hand. While using a single hand made sign language harder, she had made a point of hiring one of the best sign language translators in Adra. "Now please, be my guests, and enjoy the night knowing a better world awaits us!"

With that, both women left the stage and the party started, with most guests greeting with eachother, taking appetisers from the tables set around the courtyard, and some approaching the host in order to help her cause.

(1) Princess Adreanna is mute, so she communicates with most close friendships and family with sign language. For people who don't know it, she usually employs text to speech programmes in portable devices or translators.
Our History

UoAE is pursuing a new research. They claim that what they're doing is the missing link. A waifu to surpass Metal Sugoi.
Damnit, Nation, I'm a writer, not a military consultant. I write about impossible and cool things, wether they are realist or not.

Imperial Valaran
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Valaran » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:30 pm

Pivot & Swirl

Erina

Tarik never seemed to rush. The servant always kept to a polite, deliberate walking pace, never brisk. Tailored for court decorum. And yet barely had Erina requested a drink than he reappeared, bottle clutched in one hand and glasses in another. Erina treasured such companions.

She reached out for the bottle, but Tarik move his arm back.

“After the speech.”

Erina cocked her head. Tarik’s soft-grey eyes stared back, implacable.

“After.”

Fine. Tarik was not going to let become drunk so quickly. Erina sighed and let him pour a glass for her. She swished it slightly and drank some, just enough to wet her throat. It was going to be one of those nights. She could already imagine her feet aching.

Erina fidgeted and sipped her drink as Adreanna’s interpreter spoke. The interpreter was not a bad speaker, but Erina was not here for homilies. They seemed to be affecting people around her though; Erina noted sighs and saddened, even angry expressions. Maybe Adrans were more used to giving token reactions? Erina was a regular attendee of charity balls, but in Valaran people did their level best to distract themselves from the ready purpose of the events. It was enough to give shedloads of money, you didn’t need to act solemn at a party as well.

Adreanna raised a glass for a toast. Erina half-embarrassedly realised she had already finished hers. She raised it anyway, and mimed drinking from it. For appearances. Formalities ended and conversation restarted. Erina though about intermingling, or badgering Tarik for another glass. Another glass. Normally she would have been eager to network, but the… that thing with William had tweaked her sensibilities out of joint. She half motioned for a refill.

“My Lady.”

Erina turned, and faced the half-snarl, half-grin of the orange Pantalone.

“Why my Lord Nethri, I thought you had had enough of my company.” She motioned to Tarik, who had already begun pouring. “Care for a glass?”

The Pantalone was removed, replaced by an ivory smile. “I dared not continue my presence while his Highness disapproved.” Nethri made a show of scanning the horizon. “But I see I he has wondered off. It is odd, actually; I thought he would stick longer by your side.” His expression turned opaque. “Perhaps he is here for another purpose.”

“Perhaps.” Erina kept her expression a studied neutrality. Nethri was conducting an obvious probe. “And there I thought you were here for-”

Nethri raised an eyebrow as he accepted a glass from Tarik. “For what?”

Erina smiled coldly. “-another purpose, also.”

Nethri chuckled softly, flashing white teeth. “You overestimate my importance, Marquess. I am not a pawn but,” he smiled, and it was disarming, almost rueful, “nor am I an important piece-” 

“A knight perhaps.”

Nethri inclined his head. “Your are too kind. Though I think my mask is more suited to that of a jester. I suspect it fits my role more. After all, I am more hated than my patron.”

Erina looked at the Pantalone. It was very striking object, like one of the battle-masks worn by Yamatian samurai. Never something a Lyrvaen would have chosen. They preferred subtler, more graceful things. “With a fake grin like that, you must be a Bishop at least.” Maybe he doesn’t know. Erina had thought — had assumed — Nethri had been sent as Osteric’s representative to the… second gathering. She had heard nothing of his involvement, but it would have made complete sense. Osteric had stuck his fingers in many pies, and Nethri was often one of those appendages.

Or maybe he did know after all, and was seeing what she would divulge. Nethri could play this game as well.

Nethri’s face turned solemn for a moment. “We have to smile, even as they laugh. I think you know something of the same, my Lady.” Seeing Erina raise an eyebrow, he gave another disarming stare. “You are subtle about it, but I sometimes detect a similar resentment from you. You don’t like being pigeonholed.”

Erina looked down into her glass as she sipped it. “Nethri, any more declarations and I’d say you were trying to recruit me for Osteric.

Another bleached smile, attended by self-mocking laughter. “Now that would be a prize. The Lyrvaen scion declaring for Osteric, courtesy of a Sathrani. Quite some fantasy. But we all know how the Lyrvaens play it. You are courteous, charming and yet more aloof than his Highness, or even the Emperor himself.”

“Neutrality has a price. We would hardly be where we are today if chose sides. Real influence is being able to stand apart.” Erina delivered the words quickly. She got queries like this all the time. Only a dolt could not respond to that.

“That sounds like your father talking. In fact I have even heard that exact speech from him.”

Erina smiled sweetly. “I can plagiarise my own family, Sir.” Can’t exactly be consistent without a little copying. Lyrvaens had a playbook, after all, and they were expected to share notes.

“But you are not your father. After all, you have chosen a side.”

Erina allowed a note of surprise to register on her face. “You seem more aware of my leanings than me.”

Nethri gestured in the direction of William. It was not a courtly gesture, but a rougher, simpler one. “You and him are attached. It's not just the Prince. It is well known that that nobles like the Audleys are your friends. And I recall you being very close to Edric once-”

“We went to school together. Do not mistake childhood affinity for political allegiances.”

“Atia Osteric was in your grade as well. But I never recall you recounting so many fond memories with her.”

“Atia was a quiet girl then. She kept to people her own age. What next Nethri? Will you take my first crush as indication of my politics? What about someone I pushed over in the playground? Did I do that for ideological reasons?” Nethri looked back at her. Erina stopped, and gave a short laugh. “I think this is reaching a bit, my Lord.”

Nethri drew his shoulders back. It was a very slight movement, but Erina did not miss it. “I meant no offence, my Lady. I am merely recounting what observers at my level hear. Judgement by association, if you will.”

“Well if they would care to note, I am currently associating with yourself more than his Highness. Do make sure to mention that fact to your fellow observers, and Lord Osteric himself, if he cares for it. Even if it complicates the narrative.”

Nethri nodded. His voice morphed into a flatter tone. “We should talk shop sometime.”

You started this tangent, not me. But then, courtly politics always a delicate game of bluff and counter. Erina chewed her lip for a moment. “Later, during the dance.” When others will be preoccupied. She did not want William seeing her chatting to Nethri so soon after their spat. Or maybe she did. Nothing wrong with twisting the knife.

“Seems reasonable.” Nethri drained his glass. He had not touched the champagne until then. Tarik materialised again, and took it from him.

Nethri de sol Sathran bowed at the waist, far too deeply for Valaran courtly practice. “I am in your debt, Lady Erina. I hope you enjoy the evening until then.”

Erina gave a full smile in return. The Lyrvaen heiress intended to attempt just that, but at the same time, she knew she it was not going to happen.

William

William stalked off. He had a way of pacing when frustrated, though it was one developed in his study and the Veldaron’s library, not for courtly ballrooms.

Thing’s had changed. He kept forgetting that. Still clinging onto college innocence, as if academia was his main concern. But Erina was a Lyrvaen now. The same grace and inner force she had always possessed, was now set to a different purpose. She had assumed her family role. William wished he could do the same with his.

An heir and a spare. William was the spare. Basically the tonsils of dynastic policy. An antiquated response to a long-dead issue. Child mortality no longer robbed the world of heir apparents, and yet it was just like his parents to resort to flawed tradition when there was no need. They had made too many spares, and the spares didn’t know what to do. Edric knew what to do. At least Edric was beset by glorious purpose though, blind that it made William’s brother. But the siblings? Irrelevances at best, threats at worse. More commonly: royal annoyances. William with his political outbursts. Lyanna with her scandals. And Sven… At this rate, Edric would age ten years in two. William felt he should probably feel more regret about that. Maybe this was his way at getting back at his brother. Sibling jealousy, imprinted on the national fabric.

The arrival of Adreanna made William stop. He couldn’t just stalk off; being the heir presumptive meant any rudeness by William would instantly noted, and remarked upon. He had a duty to smile sweetly and clap. Instead, he made a quick decision and worked his way to the front. If he had to be noticed, he might as well position himself correctly. Erina will see me here. William couldn’t decide if that was good or bad.

The princess began, and words tumbled out from a woman by her side. William vaguely noted that the real-time translation was impressive. He was used to a stop-start effect, where where interpretation happened for a single sentence at a time. It normally broke up any flow, but this was done fast enough that it became almost fluid, almost as if Adreanna was really speaking. There were just the slightest of delays. Adreanna herself seemed nervous though, or maybe this was just William projecting. He assumed all royals felt nervous.

Mention of ‘The Federation’ seemed to set some people off. The crowd was packed close enough at the front that William got snatches of conversation. At one point, the entire Federation had been a Valaran colony — William’s father had even been alive for that brief period. But the modern valaran Empire was distanced from its ex-colonies. This was not unique to the Federation; the same thing had happened to Kirana. When the Empire had retreated, it had largely been for good. William or his siblings had rarely been sent on goodwill tours to Azenyanistan, even before it became too dangerous. Places like Adra had stepped into the gap left by the Valarans, and apparently been burned for it too; William sensed genuine hurt and anger from the crowd, much more than a speech of this nature would cause. Then again, if there was going to be an instance where people felt aggrieved, it would be here. In Valaran, such homilies and pregnant pauses invited polite consternation, but not this kind of outpouring.

The speech ended fairly suddenly. Adreanna raised her glass for a toast, and the crowd did the same. William realised he had no glass, and fumbled about awkwardly while Adreanna signed slowly with one hand. Damn He hadn’t wanted to drink so early, but he should have known there would be a toast. The spat with Erina had him distracted. Nethri’s presence didn’t help too, but that he could deal with. It was the Marquess’s sharp rejoinder that stung. First time we speak in months and I am already arguing. Regret washed over his mind. He turned round to see where she was, searching for her purple Colombina

—and saw the sharp grin of an orange Pantalone. William stared as Erina and Nethri conversed. Erina leaned in and said something to the Marquis. Nethri laughed in reply.

The Prince pivoted sharply on his feet. He made straight for Adreanna, who was being introduced to the front rows of the crowd. He stopped before her, trusting in the twin sigils of phoenix and sea-drake to excuse any interruption. Only later did he think people might not recognise the symbols of the Skaran Dynasty, or that he was heir to the Valaran throne. William bowed at the waist, sweeping his right arm out in a flourish.

“Your Highness, let me congratulate you on your speech. It is rare to find someone willing to call out this tragedy and speak on behalf of those forgotten by the world. You are very brave for doing so.” Willian ended the bow and smiled. His feet pivoted again and he walked up to the Adran princess. “Braver than me.”
Brytene: "Well strap yourself in kiddo, I am a literal fountain of abusive metaphors and fun"

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

And now. Buses.

Vanquaria
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:27 pm

"Your mask, my lord," the slim, petite figure of a female secretary bowed to the larger, physically-imposing stature of Scott.

"Thank you," his black-gloved hands took the mask, a red party mask adorned by gold swirls around the eye sockets. Observing its design for a second, he then placed his head firmly around the string exuding from the interiors of the party mask, donning it for the ball.

Giggles came from behind him. Turning around, he found the source to be that of his wives, all 3 of them already masked.

"The perfect disguise for you, darling," Victoria said, a tone of amusement evident in her voice.

Seeing the amusement in wearing a party mask, Scott tugged his bow-tie with clear exaggeration, "Yes, no-one can tell the difference."

"I suppose we should see how long the Autarch can enjoy being an ordinary man," she smiled before leading the other 2 away, leaving Scott alone in the ball.

"Ah...," Scott looked around. Then he decided to walk off in a random direction, alone. He would choose to ignore Lady Adreanna's address to her guests, he'd heard more than his fair share of party speeches so far and instead, sought to utilize his olfactory abilities to deduce the best delicacies in the radius around him.

Dressed in attire that would seem bland compared to the more extravagant outfits other nobles were wearing for the night, Scott would easily blend in with other party goers. It would take a knowledgable and experienced eye to see that he was not just a clueless noble wandering around the place.
Vanq commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Hitler of NS.

"I know Vanq is a very good writer and this is how he treats someone of lesser skill?"
"neo and vanq do a dbz fusion to form 1 big shitposter then get erased from NS by kyrusia"

Camaalbakrius
Minister

Founded: Sep 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Camaalbakrius » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:11 pm

Arrival

As the long, black limousine pulled up to the front of the Manor, Bratumił gestured for Igor to give everyone their masks for the party. Igor reached into his bag and distributed them amongst the group. The masks themselves were nothing too extravagant, just the simple black mask that one would find in surplus at a party such as this one if he had forgotten to bring his own.

After receiving his mask, Lew exhorted a sigh of exasperation and reluctantly put it on. "Are we ready to go then?" he said to his companions.

"Darling, what on earth is the matter?" Asked Klara, his wife. "For goodness sake are you upset about the masks again?"

"Klara," Lew responded, "I am not 'upset' about anything. It's just that the whole concept of 'masquerades' is unnecessary in its entirety and is completely contrary to the purpose of a party. We're supposed to meet and talk to new people, come to know and understand each other. Why, then, would we hide our identity with petty masks such as these?"

"Because" Bratumił interjected, "This party is about raising funds for aiding the poor Azen refugees who have been driven from their homelands to find new lives for themselves. The masks are here to provide an underlying sense of anonymity for donors."

Lew quickly responded, saying "Well then why would they wear simple masks such as these if they wanted to remain anonymous? And why come to a Ball to celebrate a fund you have anonymously donated to?"

Bratumił sighed and opened the door of the limousine, saying "I'm not spending my entire night bickering with you about this. Come along now, we can't have the people behind us being delayed by our useless arguments."

As Grabowski stepped out of the car, he took in a breath of fresh air and felt immediately refreshed. He was a relatively short man with a rather round head and rotund body. His elegant gray mustache was finely trimmed and combed to perfection. He removed his pocket watch from the inside of his coat. "Right on time" he said to himself, putting the watch back into his pocket. Walking towards the party with a cheerful chuckle, he said "Come along fellows, they will not be waiting for us."

Igor stepped out of the car following Bratumił, straightening his jacked and adjusting his mask to where it was most comfortable. He was a tall and wiry man for his stature, but was at no lack of sophistication, inherently visible in his lance-like posture and fluent stride. His black hair was combed to the side as if he had spent hours perfecting it before he arrived. He followed behind Bratumił into the manor.

Klara and Lew followed after them, Klara adjusting the mask on her face and then her husband's. Lew was tall and relatively muscular, but kept a rather reserved façade compared to his wife. His hairstyle was extremely well combed, which, considering his facial demeanor and overall manner, would indicate that the likelihood of it being the work of his own hands is rather nonexistent. Klara was much shorter in stature than Lew, but was always smiling and glided elegantly with each step she took. Her curly brown hair was well-kept and her sapphire-blue eyes shone brightly in the reflection of the light. She pulled on Lew's hand as if to drag him towards the manor, following quickly behind Igor and Bratumił.
Catholic Mentlegen

DEUS VULT INFIDELS
Favorite bands: Bon Jovi, Guns 'N Roses, basically anything by Eric Clapton, Queen, AC/DC, a few songs by KISS, but I don't care much for the face paint.

Not really a politics person, I don't care much about it.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:46 pm

Applause filled the room after their gracious host gave what was supposed to be a heartwarming speech about the plight of the less fortunate. Both the the Urranese in attendance clapped, of course. That was the right thing to do. It would have been rude and worse, made them stand out against the backdrop if they had not. Besides, helping the less fortunate was something that most would agree with, if they weren't of the opinion that those in need of helping were largely responsible for their own misfortunes. It was a good speech anyway, even if you did not necessarily agree with the premise behind it. And so the Urranese clapped, albeit stoically so that none could tell if they were in opposition or secret agreement.

After the fact the pair slid of their masks. A plain black mask for Nori, a lovely purple one with artificially coloured feathers to match his wife, though with the Urranese flag pins that they wore, the masks couldn't really mask their identities.

Nori gave his wife a look. She knew what he was thinking even if it was too rude to say it out load. He felt silly. Still, this is what their host had wanted and to refuse such an important part of the party when you had already accepted the invitation? That would be a slap in the face. Politeness was a virtue in Urranese society everywhere but in the domestic political sphere.

Chikako smiled softly to her husband and adjusted his tie one last time, both of them gently blushing. Theirs was an old love kindled and maintained over many years together.

She looked passed him to Lady Adreana. Drat. The Valarans beat her to it. As a former teacher of many years, Chikako had dedicated herself to providing the best educations possible to those with special needs. She even spoke international sign language.

It was tradition in Urran for the wife of the Prime Minister to be the nation's darling both nationally and internationally. They typically championed a cause such as education or medical care in poorer nations. However, the current Prime Minister was a woman and not married so the position had fallen to Chikako in some unspoken way. She'd gone with her husband on international trips, sat with kids, given speeches about the need for education and been admired for it.

That being said, she and her husband were not exactly pro Azen and had planned to donate in a way that could not be traced back to them. She felt sure that everyone would be rushing to Adreana's side to donate or suck up do her, so she thought it best to approach her at a later date.

"I shall see you at dinner. For now I think I will attempt to find the Porteans." Nori explained, adjusting his tux a bit.

"Yes, I will see if I can find someone that I know and maybe a nice glass of champagne." His wife replied before they bowed to each other and went their separate ways.

Chikako made it a point to try and steer clear of a certain harem of women and her husband attempted to track down someone that he could socialize with. This was going to be a fun night.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:07 am

Ingrid Grimsdottir
Anowan Party
Villa Argenta
Autocratic Union
11/27/2018 - 19:3x PM AST

Ingrid was averse to large crowds, mainly due to her innate 17 years of being hammered with 'target rich environments are a no-no', but also because it made her stand out even more than usual. A battlescarred, religiously inked up, and abnormally muscular woman did not fit in with roughly 95% of this planet's population. A part of the woman desperately wanted a chunk of Liyomese present just so she could blend in a bit better, but sadly this wasn't the case, as she still managed to stand taller than the genetically bottlenecked people. Not to mention she looked like she'd eaten about 4 more grenades than the so called warrior peoples. If a culture's shtick was wholly 'We kill people real good' or 'There is only war', it was a shitty culture that had been bred by idiots and those who had never actually fought in their life. War was a brutal terrible thing, and barely brought anything good nowadays. Azenyanistan, the subject of today's ball, was an example. One gunshot can cause a single death, or destroy millions of lives.

War was something everyone in Anowa was intrinsically involved with, maybe not directly, but all of them had a rank or would have a rank at some point. But they didn't actively want to invade, conquer or generally sling bombs at anyone who looked at them funny. The end of the Second World War was a prime example. They capacity to produce atomic bombs was available to the Anowan Military in 1943, yet they weren't actually dropped until 1948 because the thought of erasing hundreds of thousands of lives in an instant was one that was reprehensible to the Anowan High Command. Only when they thought that the war would never end without it did they get dropped. Anyone who ever says war is good has either never been shot at, or is so absolutely braindead they'd be euthanized back in her homeland.

It's why Ingrid was here with her kids. While she was neutral in the political goings on, the plight of all the refugees was one she understood. Anowan families had been taking them in for a while now, and a few had integrated, but the few that were holding out with the hope that they'd one day be able to go home to a safe land were either incredibly optimistic, or paradoxically keeping those thoughts in mind. The people involved with turning the sandy nation into what it was now deserved to be neck deep in it, but those that already had were dead, and those that hadn't were their own society's untouchables, and so would never figure out just how fucked up it all was.

To further add to her somewhat sour mood, the lives of everyone present were left to metro-cops for a section of the bridge and PMCs. While the metro-cops she didn't dislike, Ingrid was very much aware that they lacked in some departments, seeing as most police officers had never been in a firefight, and usually reacted adversely to the stresses involved. The PMCs? She wouldn't trust them to clean up dog shit.

Despite Ingrid's general demeanor, she did have the job of seeing any threats before they actually happened. So her eyes were basically fixed to everything but Lady Adreanna's well, 'speech'. She spotted clapping, nods, most of the crowd agreed, there was a group of Urranese that looked as stonefaced as a mountain, obviously noy giving a shit, and there was a man outright ignoring the speech and browsing the appetizers like a goob, based on what she'd seen of the man already, and the fact his face was shoddily masked by something ripped from a Sinican New Years parade, it was the Vanquarian Head of State. Because of course it was.

Ingrid made a few glances to the kids under her charge, none noticed that the Vanquarian head of state was probably eyeing the cheesecake like a pedophile watched a 12 year old. Coincidentally she did get mail about 3 weeks back asking for Ophelia's hand in marriage from the Autarch's address. It probably wasn't him, but hey, a conversation starter is a conversation starter right? Besides, her role here was kind of superfluous, seeing as each of the 17 year olds in her charge had been decorated for combat action, and that with this much security -PMC based or not- no one would try anything out of fear of causing an international incident or just straight up being fucking shot.

So a talk with the so called 'great enemy' was added to a list of things to help her maintain some level of sanity for the next several hours.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Vanquaria
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:57 am

Glancing around, making sure there were no immediate threats in the area, Scott reconfigured his target mechanisms. Then, his calf muscles tensed and he was off.

His walking pace was elegant and graceful, honed to perfection. His posture was relaxed, casual, perfectly tailored for an occasion such as this. His face was that of a sculpture, chiseled where it was meant to be chiseled and soft where it was meant to be soft. On his hand were 3 rings, each one different in gem and design than the other.

No one could come close to his speed when it came to this sort of attack maneouvere. Not even his nation's most elite, Tier-1 special ops units could match him in this environment.

This was because his mind, his body, his soul were all hard-wired and in complete sync with each other to the extent that it allowed for optimized finesse against the target. Once Scott had locked onto the target. there would be no hope for it. And today was no different.

He reached the cheesecake on the table in world record time. And with the sleight of hand expected from a seasoned commando, he whisked the whole cake away on a platter. No one would notice this peculiar behavior for his attitude and persona resembled that of someone whose purpose was to whisk away a cheesecake on a platter.

So, he did so. Scott strode off to a corner of the great ballroom. There was a small, circular table made of oak-wood and around it were multiple, red armchairs. He had selected this area purely for its logistical purpose; it was a distance from the main crowd and given the demographic of the guests for that night, it would be unbelievably improper for any noble whether young or old, to sit in such a secluded area.

Thus, it was that Scott sat down with a sigh of relief. Then he rubbed his hands together and opened his mouth wide.

"AAAH," his mouth emitted as it began to make first contact with a Unionist cheesecake.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Union Of Autocratic Empires » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:36 am

Food court

"Shouldn't you be paying attention to our host, child?" A voice came out from behind the Vanquarian leader, revealing a single woman standing outside the crowd. Her tone, with a mild Liyomesse sounding accent, was one would expect to come from an amused grandparent lecturing a kid for doing a minor mischief."It's rude to step into someone's house and ignore what they have to say so you can eat their food instead."

The woman started walking towards him, using a cane to support her weight, which considering her height and minor-yet-aparent strong build, was probably rather considerable. She was wearing a suit that wouldn't be out of place in a military parade, resembling quite closely a dress uniform from the Liyomesse Defense Force before it was incorporated by the Unionist Army. Two medals, one given by the Matriarchy of Liyom for bravery under fire, and the other, an Unionist condecoration, which was only given to people who helped bring the Union to the world, hung from the uniform's chest. Contrasting with the more or less modern uniform, the woman's mask looked like a barely modified mask made of wood that covered most of the guest's face and the sides of the head, decorated with two ram horns along the sides of the head. From the eyeholes, that gave the impression of a frowning face, one could see yellow coloured eyes, and behind the mask, black hair that fell all the way down to the woman's middle back. The cane itself was moslty unremarkable, except for a lioness' head taking the place of the handle, and an armored paw as the base of the walking aid.

"Failing that, at the very least you could try to eat without doing so much noise. It's improper for someone who is important enough to be here, young man." Saying this, the old Liyomesse walked up to the table and sat down in a chair by it, sitting down with some effort and resting her cane on her lap, showing a darkened, engraved beetle under the "paw" of her cane.

Princess Adreanna

After greeting a few local noblemen, Lady Adreanna smiled upon recognising the symbols of the Skaran Dynasty decorating the mask of the approaching guest. While it was true she had sent invites to whomever she thought may help the Azens, there were a few guests she had wanted to meet personally, one of them being none other than Prince William, the man that was just approaching her now. She had heard people talk about how him getting involved in his homeland's politcs and being vocal about them was "a dangerous game for a prince to play", but she herself couldn't find anything more admirable than a royal who was willing to take scathing criticisms in favour of driving his nation towards a brighter future, a better version of itself. After the princess returned the man with a curtsy, she started to communicate to the man, which her aide procceeded to translate for the man.

"Thank you, Lord William, even if I wouldn't quite call it bravery. Just obligation towards my fellow Unionist citizens." Saying this, she approached the man as the few guests present dispersed to give them some room. "It's an honour to have someone of your reputation grace our event here today, Your Highness, specially considering the schedule of a crown prince must be all but busy. I was glad to receive your confirmation notice. I trust the event is to your liking." As she was saying this, a waiter carrying drinks approached them, offering them a glass which lady Adreanna politely rejected. A host should probably avoid getting drunk in teh opening minutes of their festivity, whoch promted the man to offer the tray to the her interlocutor.
Last edited by Union Of Autocratic Empires on Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Our History

Vanquaria
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:12 pm

Autarch Scott Esic Tyeora
Food Court, Villa Argenta
27 November 2018

Scott flicked his eyes to the newcomer who dared interrupt his funtime with the cheesecake. Immediately, he recognized the authority the old lady exuded in her elegant movement and perfectly-pronounced speech. He noticed the medals on her suit, the extravagant mask she wore and the nice-looking cane she was using to walk.

He watched her silently as she sat down right beside him on another chair and scolded him as if she was his mother. He quickly realized he had a piece of cake in his mouth and gobbled it up then wiped his mouth. Cheeks beginning to flush with embarrassment, he averted his gaze down then looked back at her with a smile of politeness.

"Ahem, well then, please excuse my rudeness," he said, an apologetic tone in his Vanquarian accented voice, "It seems it my haste to fill my stomach, I have neglected my manners. Forgive my behavior, ma'am."

He gestured to the medals on her suit, "Beautiful medals you have on, ma'am, what achievements do they symbolize?"

Then he realized the cheesecake was still on the table between them and he gestured again, this time to the cake, "Please, let's enjoy the treat together as we converse, ma'am. It's been a while since I've enjoyed a meal with a woman as wise and graceful as yourself."

Camaalbakrius
Minister

Founded: Sep 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Camaalbakrius » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:37 pm

Courtyard

The four of them only barely managed to hear the end of Adreanna's speech when they arrived to the courtyard with the other nobles and dignitaries of foreign countries. What they were able to hear, however, was most admirable in its intentions.

Upon the speech's conclusion and Lady Adreanna's descent from the stage into the crowds, Grabowski addressed his party one last time, saying:

"Alright, this is the most important part of the night. Remember, we are representing our homeland in this place, so respect and courtesy is of the upmost importance. First impressions are everything, especially with the way things have changed back home. We are a new people since the Republic was formed and the monarchy was retired, so our chance to enter the world stage with stride is now."

Igor stepped in, saying "You don't need to remind me, Bratumił. I'm more than acquainted with this sort of activity."

"I know you are, Igor." Bratumił replied. "It wasn't you who I was primarily concerned with."

Grabowski shot a glance towards Lew, raising his eyebrow.

"Are we clear?" Grabowski said.

"Crystal" Lew said with an annoyed tone of voice. Klara giggled and nudged him with her elbow.

"Don't be such a grouch" she said. "I'll be right next to you, so you have nothing to be afraid of."

"I'm not afraid of anything!" Lew responded, keeping his voice down to avoid drawing attention to himself.

"Good" Bratumił said stoutly. "Next order of business. Igor, stick with me. I need a wingman when we are socializing amongst the nobles."

"You mean you need someone tall enough to see over the crowds?" He inquired.

"That's the secondary reason, my friend" Grabowski chuckled to himself, "That is the secondary reason. One last thing: we are at a party, so enjoy yourselves, for goodness' sake."

Immediately, the group split up and ventured into the crowds. Igor and Bratumił silently procured glasses of Champagne and sought out to find someone with whom they could socialize.

Klara and Lew moved relatively towards Lady Adreanna, keeping a distance so as not to intrude on her conversation with William of Valaran, but close enough to be able to get in a greeting when their conversation concluded and if they had nobody else to speak with.
Catholic Mentlegen

DEUS VULT INFIDELS
Favorite bands: Bon Jovi, Guns 'N Roses, basically anything by Eric Clapton, Queen, AC/DC, a few songs by KISS, but I don't care much for the face paint.

Not really a politics person, I don't care much about it.

Loistava
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Loistava » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:22 am

A figure walks in the halls of the building, Radiating nobility with every turn he takes, Shinning black boots echo with his elegant step, A lean build outline his expensive dress, A simple yet beautiful gray coat and pants, A light blue shirt underneath it, a lovely black tie, simple red flower and an Eagle pin representing the Crest of the Alleryon Family, His face though was hidden by an expensive looking mask, His upper half atleast, Radiating Royal power with its golden outlines and multiple color schemes, His gray eyes visible in the eye sockets of the mask, His shining brown hair swept back in a fashionable way, A naturally full fledged beard outlining his jawline under his thin nose.

This is Prince Is'mail Alleryan, Crown Prince of the now defunct Kingdom of Lastavia, CEO of Alleryan Motor Industry, Merely for show as the company's de facto managers are the Board of Directors, Next to him is his bodyguard and companion in the trip, A man simply named Andrawus, A man large in stature wearing a simple black suit with a black tie, His insignificant features to be given later as the two of them just finished hearing the Princess's endearing speech in the courtyard, With that out of the way Is'mail merely started walking around to drink in the scenery of the lovely surroundings, Passing several foreign figures he simply ignored, Afterall, The only important encounter that would be worthy of his time is merely nobles and not mere common blood of peasants from another lowly countries.

"How quaint" The young Prince said to his companion, "I must say I truly miss these types of meeting, Not many of those are left in our time" He stopped, And faced Andrawus, " My Grandparents have always talked about these Noble parties, Don't you think?" Yet his Companion was silent, Looking ahead and on the crowd," You're no fun Andrawus, Has anyone ever told you that?" Is'mail didn't wait for an answer, Moving on through the area, Hoping for an entertaining encounter to swing the aristocratic mood of this elegant party.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Food Court

With some time passing, The two representatives have entered the Food court with most guests, Simply not requiring any food and simply having a glass of water to keep himself hydrated, Truth be told, He hasn't had the pleasure of meeting his host yet, Not that it bothered him much, The Notorious Prince has been known to support the hostility against Azeni's Terorrist excuse of a nation, Which is the whole purpose of this ball was to help.

Walking past an old woman decorated with many medals and who apparently appeared to be the 'Autarch' of Vanquaria, Nevertheless he spotted the hostess talking to someone else, Disappointment and Annoyance evident on his face, T'was afterall a violation to the traditions of Loistava to not gift your Host in the occasion of an invitation, The gift resting inside the coat of his trusty companion, Is'mail redirected his route to a nearby food table to finally quench his hunger and wait for the opportunity to present his Family's gift to the Princess.

Saradena
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 17, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Saradena » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:31 am

Courtyard

"Mom, can I sit do-"
"after the speech, Kuril."

Following Lady Adreanna's welcoming speech, Shikota and Erhard made a round of applause for her speech, as did everyone else in the room. They then slid to their party masks, save for Kotori, who really didn't like the appeal of wearing a mask at all, much to his father's disapproval. With a disappointing sigh after she turns down his request to wear, he turns back to Shikota.

"Daughters.. what can you do about them?"
"She really hasn't changed since last time. Always adamant, like her mother. From what I've read, she has an excellent track record during her time in the Service[1]"
"Exactly, just like her mom."

Both parties then turn to approach Lady Adreanna, with Shikota wanting to congratulate her speech as well as with Erhard, but he also wanted to conduct business with her for the support of the Azens when Kuril tugs her mother's dress, asking if he could go to the food table to eat whatever was there. Shikota tells him that they were going to speak to her and to be on his best behavior as he was told since his father was not around until Erhard interrupted:

"Hey Kotori, could you take Kuril with you to the food stand? We're heading to Ma'am Adreanna and I know you're bored right now. Help yourself as well."
"Oh god. Kids..." Kotori though, but knowing that she doesn't have much to do anyway other than likely being harassed my middle-aged men from all around the world, she might as well babysit instead. She then beckoned Kuril to come with her to the food stand to stuff themselves with food, which Kuril happily agreed.

"Now that's being taken care of, let's meet Mi-"
"Not now" Shikota stopped him, pointing at the Valarans approaching her. Now they had to wait longer to speak with her, in the meantime, they both start conversing[2] to pass the time while being in spotting distance of Miss Adreanna.

"So, how's your retirement going? Surely you have plenty of time following your resignation?"

"It's going great. Less paperwork and backaches for the first time in 8 years ever since I stepped in Solaris. Hopefully Ranko isn't having a hard time in there, with the Azen issue gone. The NGOs are not much of a headache compared to what you get in Office."

"Quite contrary, actually. Heard she's getting a lot of red eyes[3] from inside Solaris, especially after she approved the defense budget slash and the pullout of Azen and instead focusing those resources on other matters, especially with Agemir's supporters, who think she's trying to weaken the Armed Forces and that the pullout was too soon."

"Good. I'm glad she triggered Agemir's yes-men. Never liked them anyway. A 3 percent budget slash and they're all "my armed forces are weak". Fuck the lot of them. Also its good that she's decided to pull out our boys from the Fed, Azen's their problem now." he subtly points to the Valaran delegates.

"True. There's plenty of war to go around in the world anyway. Why bother beating a dead horse. Then again, you're also part of it." she says silently, hoping not to offend anyone else. Erhard just gives her a surprised look, not expecting that kind of response from her.

"Yeah, I wished I took Ranko's route earlier. Plenty of Esgonian lives and resources wasted and the place is still a devastated cesspit 'till now. All we can do for now is help out the Azens here and give them a chance to live a normal life again. They don't deserve what Banshee and co. did to them."

"Couldn't agree more". Both toast and continue talking to pass the time while waiting for a change to talk with Lady Adreanna.

Meanwhile Kotori had just finished getting food from the stall, both with a piece of cake each while Kuril got more food, which was a pain for her as she was carrying his plates. She then picks a table next to the stall so her dad and his mom could see them easily. As they sat down, she checks her phone while trying to avoid any contact with anyone as Kuril immediately stuffs himself with cake. She reads Kimiko's text, and replies:

Plenty to go around if you swing that way wwww

If youre looking for me im in the courtyard near the food stand with a kid

Stuffing my face with cake

Please come soon i dont want to get groped again like that time at that bar in shelza[4]

I hated that day

[1] - Kotori's time in the Esgonian Army
[2] - In native Isegai
[3] - An Esgonian term for 'cold stares'
[4] - A town in Gretzenlied, Esgonia known for its bars that serve local, or Rattean-import beer
Last edited by Saradena on Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
Japanese/Mongolian weeb cesspit nation with a lotta US military hardware
Formerly known as Esgonia (RIP Best Maid)

Call me Es, Essie, Ainsley Harriot, whatever.
Send TG's if you like
  • Part of Novae Terrae/Alithea (Most of our canon stuff's now on Discord anyway. TG me if you're interested!)
  • Does not use NS Stats (I have Factbooks, dammit)
Empire of Donner land wrote:We get it. You're the grand master edge supreme. :P
Victoriala wrote:Thank god we aren't neighbors

Tune of the now: "Zambian Psychedelic Rock music I just found or something"

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Union Of Autocratic Empires » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:34 pm

Courtyard, the Liyomesse VIP

"Uh, excuse me. Mr. Ernhard Brunshelm?" Inmediately behind the man appeared a somewhat short woman, wearing a suit stylised after a military uniform without being one itself, with what looked like a less crude, less functional version of a primitve tankman's chainmail mask. She was flanked by two other women who could almost inmediately identified as members of the Golden Shields[1], who had donned what looked like engraved balistic masks to cover their faces. The person who had interrupted the Esgonians was considerably shorter than her escorts and sported a much darker skin, which, coupled with her slight accent, rather easiky singled her out as an Azen. "I apologise for interrupting you, but I wanted to speak to you personally. My name is Salla Varyinen, Princess of the Matriarchy of Liyom... but last time we met I went by Sadisia ur Kateritzia." the woman said with a humble tone.

Food Courtyard, Old Matriarch

The old Liyomesse chuckled slightly. The young man may not have manners at the table, but he certainly knew how to treat his elders. She politely rejected with a wave of the hand. "I'd rather wait until dinner, thanks." She then got her self comfortable a bit, putting her cane in front of her and supporting herself on it. She then pointedu towards the oldest medal. "This one I was given in 1947, which I think is 1990 for you foreigners, for saving High Queen Suoma from Unionist artillery fire. And this one" she said, now pointing to the Unionist condecoration "well, maybe my name can give you a clue on why I earned it." saying this, she held her hand out towards the Vanquarian, offering a handshake. "Leena Järvenpää[2], Great Matriarch of the Järvenää family and Kuvernööri[3] of Turvapaikka[4]."

Food Court,a Kruchauan scientist.

After listening to the speech - well, second hand speech, really - of the host, the young scientist disengaged himself from the crowd of guests forming around the Adran princess, feeling somewhat out of place among so many aristocrats and foreign dignataries, which made his already somewhat lacking people skills shine even more for their abscence. The young intellectual had chosen the bizarre combination of a rather unremarkable suit covered by a rather eye catching red hooded cloak decorated by the Unionst Science Board's[5] emblem and an extremely elaborate mask, that resembled a machine by a fair margin, which itself was divided in a fixed top half that used blue shaded lenses as eyeholes and a removable bottom side that covered the mouth and which could be removed to allow the user to drink and eat. He had made it a few weeks ago as a side project, and was quite happy with the result.

Making his way towards the food, he stumbled over what seemed to be a child on his way to grab a slice of cake, due to having his vision obscured by the mask. How the Hell did the Kaisar manage to walk around with one of these?

"Prokletstvo" he said rather embarrased, turning to the child. "I-I-I am sorry, little one. I did not see you. I didn't, uh, hurt you, did I?" What a nice way to start the night, this was. He turned towards the closest adult, a woman on her phone, whom he asumed was with the child. "Uh, I'm sorry, is this your, uh, your child? I am terribly sorry, I stumbled upon him and... wait a second." Having taken a closer look at the woman's face, he came a bit closer. "Kotori, is that, ah, you? It's me! Ljubo! Remember me?" Ljubo said happily, with a hint of embarrasment mixed with his accent.

Prince Alexander

"Good afternoon, my good sir", Prince Alexander said as he confidently approached a rather mature man, whom he had recognised almost as soon as he had entered the courtyard as Noriyuki Miyake, Urranese Secretary of State. The flag kind of gave it away. "I hope your travel here was a pleasat one, Mr. Miyake. I'm Alexander Argentus Silva, brother of Lady Adreanna and local business man." The prince bowed slightly and offered his hand to the older man as a gesture of friendship. "I'm honored to make your acquaintance." Obviously he had intentions to speak business with the man, but those tend to go better when you try to make an effort to be cordial to the other side.

Adri could thank him later for what he was going to do.

Augusta Pulcherius Tasius

After the Princess finished her (short but sweet) speech and the guests approached her to personally greet her, Augusat, the organiser of the ball, noticed the rather large amount of people that left for the food court to make time until they could engage the hst in conversation. Deciding to lend a hand by making the waiting time less monotonous to the guests, she approached a pair of guests that had walked past Autarch Scott with a confident stride.

"May I be of any assiatance, milord?" she said as she made a perfectly executed curtsy towards the elegant figure of Prince Is'mail. "There's a few appetisers here I think your Highness would enjoy, if you are hungry." As the rather older woman said this, she motioned towards a seat that lied besides the man, at a distance comfortable enough to sit by a new acquintance and not feel uncomfortable. "Is the seat free, Your Highness?"

[1] The Golden Shields: The Royal Guard of the Matriarchy of Liyom. The guard is divided in two groups, one of which protects the Queen at all times while the other is deployed to combat zones to acquire combat experience, being ht eonly royal guard in the Union to have taken active part in wars away from the continent.

[2]Leena Järvenpää, Great Matriarch of Liyom and best friend of High Queen Suoma since they were children, she co-led the rebellion against High Queen Eponine alongside back then Princess Suoma during the closing stages of the Unification War. Granted the Founder of the Union medal due to the rebellion's success ending the war considerably earlier than expected, avoiding further bloodshed.

[3] Kuvernööri: Liyomesse rank of governor, both regional and for a city in this case.

[4] Turvapaikka: Name of a province of the Matriarchy of Liyom, this area has traditionally been the entry to the Matriarchy and, as such, it's greatest trade hub. The smallest and most wealthy Liyomesse province, it's made up by the fluvial plains surrounding the city of the same name, known among most people as Musta Kapuni, (AKA the Black City, named as such due to the city's Palace being made out of black marble), to distinguish the city itself from the region. It's also the only Liyomesse city to be crossed by a river, making fluvial trade its main source of wealth.

[5] An amalganation of engineers, medics, biologists, space scientists and other scholars that work for the technological advancement of the Union in both civilian and military fields.
Our History

Free Asian Ports
Senator

Founded: Aug 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Asian Ports » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:41 pm

DOA

As the car came to a stop before the palace entrance, Kimiko grabbed her handbag and moved to open the door herself. She didn't like having others open doors for her, it deprived her of some amount of control over her entrances, for both dramatic and tactical reasons. When the scissor door swung up and she stepped out of the car she was stopped by her driver who held up her index finger to indicate caution. "It would be rather regrettable, miss, if I didn't have to drag you home from the party. Please don't dishonor the family by drinking yourself under a table and having your unconscious body thrown into this car for the return journey" she said, as politely as one could phrase that. Kimiko gave a fat grin, blowing off the passive aggressive comment. "Thanks for the confidence, Hayasaka. Don't worry, I'll keep myself in check" promised the Lady Kimiko, casually blowing off the caution her servant was pressing. She wasn't lying, however. A noble of Yamatai would take such a thing seriously, and Kimiko had no intention of embarrassing herself like that. Again...

The driver sighed and took what she could get out of the situation and promptly drove off after the car door had closed. She would go find parking and possibly mess with the valets to let off steam. Her job was over, at least until Kimiko had enough of the party.

Speaking of, Lady Kimiko made her way up the stairs to the palace and into its marble embrace with haste. She'd already missed the hostess's opening remarks, that much she'd surmised as the guests were already mingling. Affixing her masque, as befitted the event, she began looking around for Kotori. With a party this big, there were bars and tables loaded with food everywhere. Delectibles of all description decorated the sidelines and the little party plates that each guest held. Kimiko was no glutton, but she knew good food when she saw it. Unfortunately, this wasn't that, but at the very least she wouldn't go hungry.

Besides the food matter, the event was thick with subject matter. The ball was a fundraising event for a charity benefiting the unfortunates of Sishai. As these things were, they were more about the mingling of the upper crust rather than actual charity. But Kimiko could tell that the name of that accursed country was on everybody's lips. Azenyanistan... no, the Federation of Sishai as it was now being known, seemed to remain eternally a terrible place to live, always in need of charity. Kimiko had been to deployed to Azenyanistan for her first real overseas combat deployment way back when she was in the SNLF. It was the start of her career, and she thought of the place as little else. Despite being directly or indirectly responsible for killing quite a number of Azens, rumors on internet message boards seem to indicate that she's some sort of hero to them. Be it because of her noble status lending name recognition or simply awe, it was a bit distressing to her to know a fact like that. Frankly, any goodwill she had for the place was pissed away after a month there. To Kimiko, the Federation of Sishai was a sinkhole for resources tossed away by overly empathetic nations, and Yamatai had wasted enough to get to the current situation.

Gloomy thoughts dispersed from Kimiko's mind as she spied her friend sitting at a table near one of the food buffets in the courtyard. Kotori's assessment of the situation was right, old farts as far as the eye can see. The Esgonian needed backup company, and fast. The arrival of a masked beauty in an elegant red dress drew eyes, even if the identity of no less a person as a Keurvorstin-Heiress of Yamatai was hidden by a simple masque, but most seemed to be distracted by their own conversations to notice Kimiko breeze by in a beeline for Kotori. Nevertheless, Kimiko caught the revolting stares of a few older men and was displeased to find those gazes a bit too low. As she approached Kotori, she reminded herself that if need be, manners amongst the nobility could be reinforced with a little application of military training. She was a Marine, after all.

"Find the good booze yet?" inquired Kimiko, appearing behind Kotori with a cheeky grin on her face.

You Can Take a Man Out of the Navy...

Daisuke entered the palace with his wife Ai in arm and he took in the atmosphere. Being a seasoned officer of the fleet in the past, he had a good eye for distant details on the horizon. Here the horizon was stuffy suits and way too much money, and most of the people here would have the ego to proposition Daisuke for business. He thought of these people as parasites, but would ignore it if something like that came up. He was here to relax, after all. He hoped there would be at least a few interesting conversations in the palace of Lady Adreana...

Imperial Valaran
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Valaran » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:17 pm

‘Purple Flashes, Red Smiles’

William

"Thank you, Lord William, even if I wouldn't quite call it bravery. Just obligation towards my fellow Unionist citizens.”

William paused, mouth slightly open. He glanced at the interpreter. Lyanna would have laughed at that. That was William’s first thought. His sister would have smiled politely before Adreanna, but she would have chuckled afterwards, recounting the moment with a delicious verve. ”Who talks like that William? Like really who has that as their first response.” He waved away the drinks.

"It's an honour to have someone of your reputation grace our event here today, Your Highness, specially considering the schedule of a crown prince must be all but busy. I was glad to receive your confirmation notice. I trust the event is to your liking.”

His reputation? Oh, yeah. Not very shakeable, that.

It was a funny thing for Adreanna to mention. Like in a 1980s fantasy film, where the villain would say “your reputation precedes you” to the hero. The hero would inevitably have something tough and knowing to reply with. In the good films, it was all done with a sly wink at the audience; in the bad films it was completely delivered with complete earnest. In the worst films, it was done with full sarcasm, but a nasty kind that rejected the genre it was meant to be portraying, as if to say “we are better than this nerdy shit”. It wasn’t an enjoyable play on tropes in those films, but an exercise in cynical pandering — hypocritically using the same tropes, while at the same time declaring to the audience it looked down on them.

In William’s personal experience (in every Valaran’s personal experience), reality followed the worst films. People referred to William’s reputation like that. With sarcasm in their eyes, and mockery in their minds. Was Adreanna being sarcastic? How does a mute person be sarcastic, exactly? Even the interpreter wouldn’t know the tone.

But the princess clearly didn’t have that kind of streak. Adreanna seemed to be as genuine as she appeared. Erina would find that desperately sad. William just found it odd. She wouldn’t last long in a Valaran court. He could imagine the bemusement turning to judgement turning to mockery. The short laughs, followed by verbal stilettos and far-too-deep smiles. Valaran nobility were spiteful, spiked creatures. Every gesture was layered in insincerity, quantities carefully measured beforehand. Like Nethri’s mask, Valaran elites were always smiling.

William smiled.

“Not as busy as you, it appears. I have hosted charity events in Astaria, but never quite as… ambitious as this.” His smile turned a touch conspiratorial. “I know people here who would kill for your guest list.” He scanned the room, catching a flash of purple near the back. “You could accomplish quite a lot with this many powerful people in one room, set to one purpose. Really, it is quite uplifting. Even insp-” the word caught on his throat. He wasn’t quite ready for that term. William straightened and his expression became earnest. “It is my sincerest hope I can invite you to something similar in Valaran.”

Even as he made the suggestion, William doubted it would happen. Valaran’s monarchy was a powerful, but it had outsized appeal. An Empire it was, but imperialism didn’t need a crown anymore. Its aid policy did not run on royal writ, but was tactically deployed by suits in Chancelleried offices. Acquiring even a sliver of that would mean thrusting his hand into Valaran politics, hardly a wise thing to do right now. The Foreign Ministry was throughly feudalised, its mechanics captive to latter-day ambassador-barons. A royal request would be seized upon like bait in the shark tank. That meant going private — lobbying the Erina’s and Nethri’s — in high society events. Lots of smiles in those rooms. They weren’t very enamoured of William right now, and he was pretty sick of them. Though if William was honest with himself, it wasn’t the political differences that stuck in his craw. It was that he’d gone to fucking school with half of them. I spent half of my college days hiding in libraries, just to keep clear of dukes. He faintly smiled at that memory.

No, Valaran charity was an unedifying thing. Perhaps tonight wasn’t any better, but William couldn’t detect any disgust emanating from Adreanna (and she seemed like the person to be open about that). Maybe it was because she had invited so many foreigners. Maybe.

William sensed a crowd forming around them. “Until then, I offer as much support as the Valaran monarchy can give.” He wondered what his brother would make of that pledge — actually no, right now, Edric’s equivocation didn’t matter. “If we — I — can help you in any part of this, please say it.”

Nethri

Nethri watched William greet the Adran Princess. He leaned back as he did so, one foot raised up and back, its sole flat on a pilaster. His orange Pantalone loosely rested in one hand. The absence of a mask left Nethri’s features bare. Beneath a crew cut, Nethri had a tanned, almost bronze face. It declared a mixed heritage, a rarity for Marquises. When maskless, that complexion might have made him stand out from the pale ranks of Valaran aristocracy. But his Rathran heritage had also made him shorter than his peers, so unless Nethri was at the front of the crowd of nobles, he was not going to be noticed. He had every intention at standing at the front.

Nethri wore white and saffron robes, making him look almost like a Roman senator. The soft folds left only a faint impression of his frame beneath, except for his arms which were bare from above the elbow. It only hinted at the firm musculature he possessed beneath. Or at least he did for now; he wondered when the firm skin would turn flabby with age and ill-use. Even that would be another difference; most old Valaran nobles were skeletal, not fat, but it would be a less flattering distinction. He was going to have to work hard to keep that up.

“More wine, sir?”

Nethri flicked his hand in annoyance. He kept staring at William and Adreanna. The Princess’ little earnest speech about charity was just the sort of verbiage his Highness would lap up. So was her condition. Maybe the two of them would hit it off? Nethri tried to picture them as a couple, out on a date somewhere. He couldn’t quite get it to work; the scene remained blurry in his mind. He couldn’t really imagine William exercising much in the way of passion and Adreanna looked like she would wilt on touch. Not really a perfect set up for limerence.

Maybe Erina was more his stride. Nethri suspected William was attracted to her. Oh sure, they had been friends forever and a day, but it was probably because he’d never gotten the courage to proposition her, or the knowledge for seduction. She seemed oddly possessive of him too. Defensive even, but Erin was always defensive, even when was trying to charm. People said all day long how she was a chip off the old Lyrvaen block, but Nethri had his doubts. Her father was slick to his core; Erina was more guarded. Probably internalised her mother’s rejection. She had never felt at home, amongst the turning of pale necks. Nethri might have sympathised with that, but you had to at least try to learn how to play the game.

A crowd had begun to press forwards, forming around Adreanna. People were clearly eager to congratulate the princess, or talk to her about something. They were going to have to wait; William was getting into gear with the humanitarian crap. Who was about to cut across the Valaran heir presumptive? Nethri turned away. There wasn’t going to be much chance to meet the Adran, and he was out of chances with both his fellow compatriots (well, the two that mattered). It didn’t leave a man with a lot of options.

Not for the first time, Nethri wondered why he was here. Osteric had been unhelpfully vague in his instructions for the party itself (the later event was another matter). Stirring the pot was all well and good, but aid development was really not his strongpoint. He could still work this room, but it required a purpose, and Nethri didn’t feel like angling for his master just for the thrill of it.

“Actually,” Nethri looked around. Fuck, where had his servant had gone. “Kasafon damn it, where are you?”

“Sir?” The Valaran stepped forwards. Kasafon had migrant stock too, it was in the name. But the attendant looked just like a pure Valaran, scrawny and pale. Kasafon could even pass for a noble, except for his deferential stoop and her servile demeanour. “How may I be of assistance?”

“Get me a glass. Something potent and red.” Kasafon moved to comply, and Nethri scanned the room, hoping for a flash of purple. Erina was out of sorts tonight, but it would be useful to see who she knew, or wanted to know. Or maybe it would be horseshit. Nethri was conjuring relevant ways to waste time out of nothing. Half of networking was a complete waste. You just never knew which half.

“Actually wait,” something had caught his eye. Get your guest list out. Tell me who that is.

The servant slowly cross-referenced his notes. The official guest list gave no help for identifying who was who, but Nethri had his people run up a useful version, background checks and all. He hired on other skills than wine pouring. “She is Chikako Miyake. Wife of the Urranese Foreign Minister,” Kasafon added, helpfully.

“I see.” Chikako seemed to be in a hurry to get away from Adreanna and her supplicants. Instead, she appears to be moving towards the back. Nethri looked around the room. A masked figure in a red dress was turning faces. She had no retinue, but had sidled up to some of the Esgonians like she knew them. Someone who didn’t have servants was interesting, but Kasafon’s list couldn’t tell you who was under a mask.

All the same, now there were options. Lots of options. Nethri shifted off his arse. Taking a moment to fold his robes, he plunged into the fray.

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

And now. Buses.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates