NATION

PASSWORD

A Long Awaited Visit [Closed]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kyrenaia
Senator

Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:44 pm

Lux Pulchrae wrote:The two girls looked at each other and back to Aurelia with Isabella answering “We don’t know.” she shrugged “We just go wherever.”

“What would you like to see Princess?” Lourdes asked

“Preferably somewhere we can pull down these mantillas.” Isabella suggested as they began walking towards the entrance, stopping at the lobby.

Back at the table Marcello and Cleone nodded “Interesting philosophy Prince. Be careful that she isn’t too rowdy. The longer the leash, the freer she thinks she is.”

“Didn’t mom have a saying?” Cleone wondered, finishing his glass

Marcello thought for a moment, their mother had a lot of sayings “Oh! I think it was something like: ‘A free woman is a desperate woman.’ I don’t know, something like that.” he waved the idea away.

“Don’t let Isabella hear you. She’ll rant your ear off.” Pietro commented, his plate and glass carried away

“Enough about women then, we can all agree they’re great. End of conversation. We’ll speak about other things in your office.” Marcello stood up, Pietro did as well

“Why my office? Plenty of places to sit and chat. Go to the west lounge, we’ll meet you there. I’m not asking either.” The king commanded. The two did a short bow and went ahead.

The two were on their own again save for a few staff that were on hand, collecting debris and plates “How’s the food for you Damir? It’s no falafel but..”

Aurelia nodded, bugged by these stupid things as well.
"Is there a park or something like that closeby?", she asked and nodded into the general direction of Giuseppina, "So she has the chance to run freely, too?"
She thought for a moment.
"We don't have to wear them in parks, right?", she asked.

Damir, while eating, watched the exchange with interest, then swallowed the bite he had upon the question.
"Definately not falafel, that is true, but very delicious. My compliments to the chef.", he said with a grateful bow, finishing up a few moments later. "Truth of the matter is, Aurelia is not only free-spirited, but also free. The only 'leashes', so to speak, I keep her on are her studies and her duties for the Sultanate, which she took on on her own request." He let a beat pass. "I found out that limiting her too much makes her fight back and that makes her desperate."
He grinned, as he rose.
"But indeed, women are great.", he said with a grin, then nodded to Cleone, "Lead the way, my friend, diplomatic business is afoot."
Last edited by Kyrenaia on Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RPing in MT and PT.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:26 pm

"No we don't." she answered "Hmm...let me think." Isabella said with her left hand on her chin

"<Alberto Park is pretty close, playground she can run around in as well. Arabessa can have her fun too.>" Lourdes suggested, her natural tongue was Spanish, though she could speak Italian and minimal English.

"Sure why not." Isabella agreed. They all walked out of the palace and across the court. There were still guards bumming around the area, and standing at the entrances. As they noticed the princesses walk out (Giuseppina was a technically a princess as well, but held the title Principessa Infanta), they stood in attention and saluted. Isabella did a half salute along with Lourdes, the formal whispered her niece's ear to do the same as she giggled and attempted her own little salute. Leaving the palace grounds, they pulled back their mantillas, revealing long wavy brunette hair. Their hair would go past their shoulder but the mantillas held them back.

A team of five guards approached them "<Princess, you can't be left unattended. Neither will the Princess Aurelia. His Majesty's direct order.>" one of them spoke, he seemed almost uncomfortable to speak again, not looking Isabella in her eye but straight ahead "<I was...*ahem*...I was given direct authority over you while under my supervision. Again, His Majesty's orders.>"

"<Oh is that so?>" she contested looking up to the guard who stood about a whole head above her, then turning to Aurelia "Do you hear this Princess? This guard is saying he had authority over me, a princess. HA! Can you believe my brother?" she adjusted Giuseppina to a more comfortable position, letting a moment go by before giving a long sigh "<Fine! But only one of you.>"

"<You know that's not possible Princess.>"

"<Only one of you and that's final Rodolfo! Capisci?>" the guard nodded in agreement and proceeded to tail them as they walked to the park.

Back at the palace, leaving the dining hall they headed towards the West Lounge, which was nothing more than a glorified living room. "So, Prince Damir, don't mind the talk earlier. Know that it is not prejudice we hold, on the contrary, we want nothing but the best for them. But God set His limits for them." Several staff walked down the corridor, greeting Cleone with "Altezza" as they passed by.

Finally arriving at the West Lounge, it was a 'room' that indented from the corridor. Three walls, the one opposite of the hallway had a large window that showed one of the palace lawns. The lounge had four chairs with red leather and wooden framed in between was a coffee table with a bottle of liquor. The two brothers sat adjacent to each other "Ah, you're finally here. Welcome to the West Lounge."

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:07 am

Lux Pulchrae wrote:"No we don't." she answered "Hmm...let me think." Isabella said with her left hand on her chin

"<Alberto Park is pretty close, playground she can run around in as well. Arabessa can have her fun too.>" Lourdes suggested, her natural tongue was Spanish, though she could speak Italian and minimal English.

"Sure why not." Isabella agreed. They all walked out of the palace and across the court. There were still guards bumming around the area, and standing at the entrances. As they noticed the princesses walk out (Giuseppina was a technically a princess as well, but held the title Principessa Infanta), they stood in attention and saluted. Isabella did a half salute along with Lourdes, the formal whispered her niece's ear to do the same as she giggled and attempted her own little salute. Leaving the palace grounds, they pulled back their mantillas, revealing long wavy brunette hair. Their hair would go past their shoulder but the mantillas held them back.

A team of five guards approached them "<Princess, you can't be left unattended. Neither will the Princess Aurelia. His Majesty's direct order.>" one of them spoke, he seemed almost uncomfortable to speak again, not looking Isabella in her eye but straight ahead "<I was...*ahem*...I was given direct authority over you while under my supervision. Again, His Majesty's orders.>"

"<Oh is that so?>" she contested looking up to the guard who stood about a whole head above her, then turning to Aurelia "Do you hear this Princess? This guard is saying he had authority over me, a princess. HA! Can you believe my brother?" she adjusted Giuseppina to a more comfortable position, letting a moment go by before giving a long sigh "<Fine! But only one of you.>"

"<You know that's not possible Princess.>"

"<Only one of you and that's final Rodolfo! Capisci?>" the guard nodded in agreement and proceeded to tail them as they walked to the park.

Back at the palace, leaving the dining hall they headed towards the West Lounge, which was nothing more than a glorified living room. "So, Prince Damir, don't mind the talk earlier. Know that it is not prejudice we hold, on the contrary, we want nothing but the best for them. But God set His limits for them." Several staff walked down the corridor, greeting Cleone with "Altezza" as they passed by.

Finally arriving at the West Lounge, it was a 'room' that indented from the corridor. Three walls, the one opposite of the hallway had a large window that showed one of the palace lawns. The lounge had four chairs with red leather and wooden framed in between was a coffee table with a bottle of liquor. The two brothers sat adjacent to each other "Ah, you're finally here. Welcome to the West Lounge."

Aurelia bowed her head lightly to the guards.
As she had not made her Service, yet, and thus did not hold any rank outside of the HGA, she was not allowed to salute soldiers by Kyrenaian mores. In any case, when they were stopped, Aurelia furrowed her brow, using the change to take off the Mantilla and to fold it while she listened...
...not that she understood much, but with Isabella telling her, what the soldiers wanted, she got the gist and forrowed her brow. On one hand, that Cleone wanted them safe and guarded was understandable, but this was a tad bit excessive, if one asked her!
In any case, when they resumed their trek, Aurelia decided to go into another topic: "So... you mentioned, that this little angel..." She nodded to Giuseppina. "...is three and a half. When's her birthday? And does she have a pet?"
She had something in mind, if they were allowed to.

Damir followed, nodding at Cleone's words, biting down a reply. Loving a Selkie had made him not a advocate of woman's rights, but made him accept some things about the pretty gender.
In any case, when they arrived at the West Lounge, Damir nodded.
"Cozy.", he said and sat down in one of the leather chairs, getting comfortable, taking a short breath. "So... most important question: Has this room been checked for any unwanted listeners?"
What he wanted to tell Cleone and Marcello, on behalf of the Sultana, was not for the ears of many other people, at least not until some of it had been officially revealed.
RPing in MT and PT.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:55 am

Isabella's eyes widened and she covered her mouth "Did I say three and a half? My mistake, I confused her with my other niece. This one just turned three, day after Christmas." she lifted her niece up pretending to launch her and brought her back down, causing a giggle "As for pets, I do not know, you'd have to ask my brother." Finally reaching the playground they found the nearest bench in the toddler area. It was big for what it was, and therefore had different set ups for different ages. They went where it was safer for a child like Giuseppina. When they arrived at the bench it had just been taken over by a couple of mothers talking amongst themselves, causing Isabella great annoyance. After a mild sigh she made herself known "Bongiorno!" she greeted, extending her right hand.

The ladies looked up and realized it was her, they each took her hand and kissed it, one of them spoke up "<Princess, pleasure seeing you here. Taking your nieces for a play?>"

"<Yes I am actually. But I came walking from the palace, it'd would be very kind if I could have that seat.>" Isabella requested with an almost serious smile, accentuating Giuseppina who was in her arms. The women seemed hesitant but had kept staring at the princess, one could see it was a battle of will. "<Please?>" she asked again. The woman's smile appeared again but it was not voluntary, the women nodded and stood up from the bench, going elsewhere to sit. "Ah, see Princess?" she addressed Aurelia, "That was fun right?".

Setting the child down she whispered into her ear, she ran her little legs towards their guard, Rodolfo. "<Don't let her fall please. And be careful around the bars!>"

At the palace
"The only unwanted listener here is Pietro." Cleone responded with a smile, pointing to his brother, "Pietro, largate!"

"You can't kick me out! I'm part of this too."

"You're part of this like a tick is part of a dog, larga!"

Pietro hesitantly bowed and left. Leaving only the three of them. Pouring himself a drink, Marcello broke the silence with a smile "So Prince, what is it that's so important that you question our anti-espionage tactics?" taking a sip.
Last edited by Lux Pulchrae on Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:23 am

Lux Pulchrae wrote:Isabella's eyes widened and she covered her mouth "Did I say three and a half? My mistake, I confused her with my other niece. This one just turned three, day after Christmas." she lifted her niece up pretending to launch her and brought her back down, causing a giggle "As for pets, I do not know, you'd have to ask my brother." Finally reaching the playground they found the nearest bench in the toddler area. It was big for what it was, and therefore had different set ups for different ages. They went where it was safer for a child like Giuseppina. When they arrived at the bench it had just been taken over by a couple of mothers talking amongst themselves, causing Isabella great annoyance. After a mild sigh she made herself known "Bongiorno!" she greeted, extending her right hand.

The ladies looked up and realized it was her, they each took her hand and kissed it, one of them spoke up "<Princess, pleasure seeing you here. Taking your nieces for a play?>"

"<Yes I am actually. But I came walking from the palace, it'd would be very kind if I could have that seat.>" Isabella requested with an almost serious smile, accentuating Giuseppina who was in her arms. The women seemed hesitant but had kept staring at the princess, one could see it was a battle of will. "<Please?>" she asked again. The woman's smile appeared again but it was not voluntary, the women nodded and stood up from the bench, going elsewhere to sit. "Ah, see Princess?" she addressed Aurelia, "That was fun right?".

Setting the child down she whispered into her ear, she ran her little legs towards their guard, Rodolfo. "<Don't let her fall please. And be careful around the bars!>"

At the palace
"The only unwanted listener here is Pietro." Cleone responded with a smile, pointing to his brother, "Pietro, largate!"

"You can't kick me out! I'm part of this too."

"You're part of this like a tick is part of a dog, larga!"

Pietro hesitantly bowed and left. Leaving only the three of them. Pouring himself a drink, Marcello broke the silence with a smile "So Prince, what is it that's so important that you question our anti-espionage tactics?" taking a sip.

Playground.
Aurelia waved the two women goodbye as she sat down, watching Giuseppina with a smile for a moment.
"Indeed, that was a nice walk.", she said and turned to Isabella and Lourdes, smiling at both of them. "I know, that you are married, Isabella, and we already talked about the person I am courting..." She said with a small smile, expecting a little rise out of them for her courting that person (who they might still assume was a man) instead of the other way around. "...but what about you, Lourdes? Got your eye on anyone?"

Western Palace Lounge.
"To be honest, this would be my first question to an aide-de-camp back home as well, so it's less doubting your anti-espionage methods and more my own paranoia.", he said and rightened himself. "Now, what I am about to tell you - listen and think before you speak, for it is important information."
He let a beat pass.
"I am to send my Mother's, the Sultana's best regards and am to come here on a good-will-visit to an old friend, that much is true, but I also come to... 'sound out the market', so to speak, with Lux Pulchrae about the Monarchist Treaty Organization." He let a beat pass. "With the resignation of Grand Vizier al-Zahir and with the ascension of Hassan ben Sahid to that post, Kyrenaia is thinking about joining the MTO as a full member with all the rights and duties it entails."
He let a beat pass.
"What would be your stance on the matter?", he asked - this was a real big fish in the water, but not the biggest.
RPing in MT and PT.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:48 pm

Playground

“Who me?” she responded, she was rather soft spoken unlike her cousin, she smiled nervously “Um...no one at the moment-“

“She’s looking for no one but someone has an eye on her!” Isabella interjected. “Jose Aldo de Tejada y Contanza. Primo of Altonuevo!” she dramaticized his title in mockery

“Please, I wouldn’t be caught dead with that man. He’s piggish and overtly machistic. Not to mention full of himself.” Lourdes complained.

Isabella watched as Rodolfo played with Giuseppina, setting her on the toddler slide and waiting for her at the bottom. Children’s laughter filled the air. Although he was the only guard on scene there were more in the vicinity watching.

The cousins talked with themselves huddled up then finally breaking apart. Isabella turned to Aurelia “So Princess, any children? You seem to have the form for it. If you don’t mind me saying. I mean look at us.” she pointed to herself and Lourdes “I’m a ‘C’ and Lourdes is like a ‘B’.” Isabella turned to Lourdes and squeezed her softly.

“<Stop it.>” the latter protested, slapping Isabella’s hand away

“I’m twenty four, she’s twenty three and you’re seventeen! That does not add up.”

Lounge

Cleone rubbed his chin a bit and chuckled, remembering the last time he’d heard of that “The MTO if I remember. Last time I was anywhere near that was in Danceria with that boy-george King Aceus and ‘esteemed’ Emperor Something.” Pouring himself another drink, he held it near his mouth “I’m impartial. While I like monarchy, even love it, I’m told I don’t play well with those who aren’t of the same style.”

“I heard something else happened over there. One of yours got injured. What exactly occurred?” Marcello spoke abruptly, facing the bottom of his glass towards the ceiling.
Last edited by Lux Pulchrae on Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:11 pm

Lux Pulchrae wrote:Playground

“Who me?” she responded, she was rather soft spoken unlike her cousin, she smiled nervously Um...no one at the moment-“

“She’s looking for no one but someone has an eye on her!” Isabella interjected. “Jose Aldo de Tejada y Contanza. Primo of Altonuevo!” she dramaticized his title in mockery

“Please, I wouldn’t be caught dead with that man. He’s piggish and overtly machistic. Not to mention full of himself.” Lourdes complained.

Isabella watched as Rodolfo played with Giuseppina, setting her on the toddler slide and waiting for her at the bottom. Children’s laughter filled the air. Although he was the only guard on scene there were more in the vicinity watching.

The cousins talked with themselves huddled up then finally breaking apart. Isabella turned to Aurelia “So Princess, any children? You seem to have the form for it. If you don’t mind me saying. I mean look at us.” she pointed to herself and Lourdes “I’m a ‘C’ and Lourdes is like a ‘B’.” Isabella turned to Lourdes and squeezed her softly.

“<Stop it.>” the latter protested, slapping Isabella’s hand away

“I’m twenty four, she’s twenty three and you’re seventeen! That does not add up.”

Lounge

Cleone rubbed his chin a bit and chuckled, remembering the last time he’d heard of that “The MTO if I remember. Last time I was anywhere near that was in Danceria with that boy-george King Aceus and ‘esteemed’ Emperor Something.” Pouring himself another drink, he held it near his mouth “I’m impartial. While I like monarchy, even love it, I’m told I don’t play well with those who aren’t of the same style.”

“I heard something else happened over there. One of yours got injured. What exactly occurred?” Marcello spoke abruptly, facing the bottom of his glass towards the ceiling.

Playground.
Aurelia almost burst out laughing, but chuckled in the end.
"I am seventeen and I don't have children, despite what these two suggest.", she said and glanced down for a moment to emphasize her point, "My mother was a Selkie and those are naturally... 'well equipped', as we say. Must be all the milk we drink."
She let a beat pass, leaning back.
"Believe me, though, while I do love them, they are a huge pain when shooting arrows.", she said and assumed the pose, back straight, one arm extended, hand as if she was holding a bow, the other as if she was holding an arrow and the sinew. "I let the arrow fly and..."
She made a cutting motion with the arrow-hand.
"...the sinew snaps against the breast.", she finished. "Binding them back hurts after a while."

Lounge.
Damir nodded to Marcello, one of their number did get injured, but they could talk about that later.
"I was thinking something similar, so here is my idea.", he said and leaned forward, "If I were to convince ben Sahid to not work further with the MTO, but instead to found our own thing, for... hm... monarchies on the right half of the political spectrum, within certain limitations, of course, no one wants to be thrown into the same basket as some genocidal wanna-be monarch, would Lux Pulchrae consider becoming a founding member?"
He let a beat pass.
"Do not worry about the Sultana, though, she is less then thrilled about the MTO as it is - something we have al-Zahir to thank for, and his devastating report after the disaster in Danceria.", he added.
Despite many appearances, Kyrenaia was not exactly a liberal country. It was, at the end of the day, still an absolute monarchy, and quite a conservative one as well. Not fully fascist like Lux Pulchrae, but both highly nationalistic (and Ilkhanatetistic, if one wanted to call it that) and going through its phase of national rebirth, or rather Imperial Rebirth.
And now, it was time to forge an alliance.
RPing in MT and PT.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:59 pm

Playground

“<Lourdes, you have to start drinking a gallon a day. You’re not gonna get a man looking like that.>” Isabella laughed, it was common for family to crack jokes at each other, a nice way to relax any tensions. But some are done with a less than friendly intent, especially in Isabella’s case. There was nothing she liked to do more than get a reaction out of someone and a younger cousin like Lourdes was a prime target, even as kids.

Visibly bothered, Lourdes stood up in a huff and went to go play with Giuseppina, spouting an expletive as she left. “Oh don’t mind her she’s just over sensitive that one. Smallest thing could set her off.” she leaned on the bench’s back, throwing her head back and looking at the sky between the branches and leaves. “You know...” she sat straight up again facing Aurelia “...she used to have a thing for my brother, Cleone. It was like nine years ago. Nothing but a short summer fling, no one really cared except for mother. She didn’t like it one bit so she had Lourdes sent to some nunnery in Spain or wherever and just got back last year, poor thing. But don’t tell her I told you.”

Lounge

“Very interesting, Prince. That is, assuming I subscribe to this whole ‘left-right’ political dichotomy. But I completely understand, don’t worry.” he looked at his glass, swirling it as he thought “I’m afraid that answer is going to take some time...and arguably another state visit, to be made clear of things.”

“There was another matter of discussion, in terms of mutual agreements.” Marcello spoke again “Nothing as heavy as an alliance-like organization, but something in terms of an embassy program. Something that can connect the two of us, officially. What would the Sultanate’s stance be on that?” he questioned, tapping his fingers on the chair’s arm.

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:14 pm

“<Lourdes, you have to start drinking a gallon a day. You’re not gonna get a man looking like that.>” Isabella laughed, it was common for family to crack jokes at each other, a nice way to relax any tensions. But some are done with a less than friendly intent, especially in Isabella’s case. There was nothing she liked to do more than get a reaction out of someone and a younger cousin like Lourdes was a prime target, even as kids.

Visibly bothered, Lourdes stood up in a huff and went to go play with Giuseppina, spouting an expletive as she left. “Oh don’t mind her she’s just over sensitive that one. Smallest thing could set her off.” she leaned on the bench’s back, throwing her head back and looking at the sky between the branches and leaves. “You know...” she sat straight up again facing Aurelia “...she used to have a thing for my brother, Cleone. It was like nine years ago. Nothing but a short summer fling, no one really cared except for mother. She didn’t like it one bit so she had Lourdes sent to some nunnery in Spain or wherever and just got back last year, poor thing. But don’t tell her I told you.”

Lounge

“Very interesting, Prince. That is, assuming I subscribe to this whole ‘left-right’ political dichotomy. But I completely understand, don’t worry.” he looked at his glass, swirling it as he thought “I’m afraid that answer is going to take some time...and arguably another state visit, to be made clear of things.”

“There was another matter of discussion, in terms of mutual agreements.” Marcello spoke again “Nothing as heavy as an alliance-like organization, but something in terms of an embassy program. Something that can connect the two of us, officially. What would the Sultanate’s stance be on that?” he questioned, tapping his fingers on the chair’s arm.

Playground.
When Lourdes left visibly bothered, Aurelia watched her playing with the little girl for a moment. Then she was startled out of her thoughts by Isabella's words.
What Isabella told her, it was something to which she could relate, in an odd way...
In any case she smiled at Isabella. "My lips are sealed.", she promised, then turned back to the playground, watching the woman and the little girl play. "She seems nice, though... but a little bit insecure, if I may say so."

Lounge.
Damir did not sigh in relief - he didn't refuse outright, which was a good start.
And if Damir was honest, he wanted things to become more shapely before he made any agreements to anything himself, so he understood the hesitation.
He looked to Marcello with a small smile.
"The Sultanate would be very glad to welcome an Embassy of the Kingdom at the Qualat-al-Jabal and an Ambassador at the Court of the Sultan.", he said, "And the Sultanate would be glad to send an Ambassador to Lux Pulchrae as well." He let a beat pass. "And I was also authorized to offer a state visit to you, Cleone-Malik."
RPing in MT and PT.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:12 pm

Playground

“Oh you think? No doubt that nunnery did something to her. She’s been fine so far but I wouldn’t trust her mental state, with one hundred percent honesty.” a moment went by, they watched the kids play, Isabella puckered her lips in boredom “So, this courtship of yours. What’s it like? What’s his name? What does he do?”

Just then, an ice cream cart pulled up near the playground. Kids rushed with excitement to the cart. An old man ran it, stopped by every around this time. “Oh, Princess, hold that thought. Tell me after we get ice cream.” Standing up Isabella went towards the cart, finding Lourdes and her niece first “<Giuseppina, want ice cream?>” the child giggled in excitement as Lourdes picked her up with Rodolfo following behind them. Arriving at the ice cream man, Isabella essentially cut to the front and greeted the man “<Bongiorno, vecchio, 2 adult chocolates in a cone-”

“<Three adult chocolates.>” Rodolfo added

“<Three adult chocolates and one child please.>” she requested. The old man smiled and proceed to fill the order each getting one, even Giuseppina.

“<That will be seven and a half, Your Highness.>” the old man said

“<Rodolfo pay him please.>” Isabella commanded as she and Lourdes walked back to the bench.

“<How much?>”

“<I don’t know, give him five.>” Rodolfo proceeded to take out five one-hundred bills and hand it to the man. “<That is for everyone here.>” he said as the old man was ever thankful with a big smile on his face and bowing. At the bench they returned, “Would you like one Princess? You can pick whatever you want. But there’s not a big list of options.”

Lounge

“I am thankful and we understand you might be somewhat disappointed. But there’s still plenty of time, minds can change until then. Please understand we do want relations with the Sultanate, but we want to start small before we move onto bigger things.” Cleone explained. “But an embassy is a bit more complex in that it will not just be an embassy. We believe in the mission of God in spreading the Good Word. In doing so the embassy will have a chapel as well, and one or two priests.”

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:49 pm

“Oh you think? No doubt that nunnery did something to her. She’s been fine so far but I wouldn’t trust her mental state, with one hundred percent honesty.” a moment went by, they watched the kids play, Isabella puckered her lips in boredom “So, this courtship of yours. What’s it like? What’s his name? What does he do?”

Just then, an ice cream cart pulled up near the playground. Kids rushed with excitement to the cart. An old man ran it, stopped by every around this time. “Oh, Princess, hold that thought. Tell me after we get ice cream.” Standing up Isabella went towards the cart, finding Lourdes and her niece first “<Giuseppina, want ice cream?>” the child giggled in excitement as Lourdes picked her up with Rodolfo following behind them. Arriving at the ice cream man, Isabella essentially cut to the front and greeted the man “<Bongiorno, vecchio, 2 adult chocolates in a cone-”

“<Three adult chocolates.>” Rodolfo added

“<Three adult chocolates and one child please.>” she requested. The old man smiled and proceed to fill the order each getting one, even Giuseppina.

“<That will be seven and a half, Your Highness.>” the old man said

“<Rodolfo pay him please.>” Isabella commanded as she and Lourdes walked back to the bench.

“<How much?>”

“<I don’t know, give him five.>” Rodolfo proceeded to take out five one-hundred bills and hand it to the man. “<That is for everyone here.>” he said as the old man was ever thankful with a big smile on his face and bowing. At the bench they returned, “Would you like one Princess? You can pick whatever you want. But there’s not a big list of options.”

Lounge

“I am thankful and we understand you might be somewhat disappointed. But there’s still plenty of time, minds can change until then. Please understand we do want relations with the Sultanate, but we want to start small before we move onto bigger things.” Cleone explained. “But an embassy is a bit more complex in that it will not just be an embassy. We believe in the mission of God in spreading the Good Word. In doing so the embassy will have a chapel as well, and one or two priests.”

Playground.
Just when Aurelia had been about to reply, an ice cream truck came and something inside of Aurelia yelled at her.
She did not know what, but it did seem to be a warning.
She did not know why, but her hand reached behind her back, where her quiver usually sat - a quiver full of arrows, arrows more then capable of punching through flesh and bone, a quiver filled with two dozen times silent death, a quiver...
...which wasn't there.
A moment, she was panicked, reaching into empty air, then came to her senses... an ice cream truck! And apparently, Isabella was well acquainted with the owner, so... where the ruddy fuck had that one come from?!
She still looked a bit pale and a bit as if she had seen a ghost, when Isabella returned.
"Thank you for the offer, but no. I'm on a diet.", she said and that wasn't even a lie. "So... you asked about courting... courting someone is awesome. You are in this intricate dance, although with us two, it's pretty straight-forward, we both want to, while our families are still working out the particularities. That person, you must know, is not from Kyrenaia!"

Lounge.
"I understand your hesitation fully, Cleone, no need to apologize. Would our roles be reversed, I would wait for more details as well.", Damir replied with a smile, meaning what he said, "As for the embassy being a missionary centre, you would have to work things out with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, but I would like to note two things: One, make it a priest and a theologian. That will make it more desireable for the Ministry. Two... there is a small Christian Community in Kyrenaia. A few thousand people, at most, I'd have to look it up, but they are they. And mostly keep to themselves, one should add."
RPing in MT and PT.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:32 am

Playground

Isabella noticed Aurelia awkward muscle memory and her paleness, giving a somewhat supriesed yet amused expression “Calm down Robin Hood. You’re at a playground, not a hunting ground.” She sat on a the along with Lourdes who had Giuseppina on her lap and Rodolfo stood, they all ate their ice cream.

Isabella listened as Aurelia explained her situation “That’s quite an interesting view point on courtship. Although truly it’s not as intricate as a dance, to us.” she bother ice cream, she was almost reaching the cone and licked the sides so it does drip. “I remember the whole family approval thing. My parents thought I could do better, literally have any man in this kingdom. But I didn’t want to do better” she shrugged “Michele di Minore is just fine for me. So where is he from if he’s not Kyrenaian? Anyone important?”

Lounge

“Hmm...I’ll raise you two priests and two theologians. There’s nothing they love than to fight amongst themselves, can’t leave one by himself.” Cleone raised the offer, clearing his throat “You day you have a Christian community, which is nice, but Christian does not necessarily mean Catholic. You have your eastern orthodox, oriental orthodox, Assyrians, Protestants, etc. Our missions is in the name of Rome.”

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:35 pm

Isabella noticed Aurelia awkward muscle memory and her paleness, giving a somewhat supriesed yet amused expression “Calm down Robin Hood. You’re at a playground, not a hunting ground.” She sat on a the along with Lourdes who had Giuseppina on her lap and Rodolfo stood, they all ate their ice cream.

Isabella listened as Aurelia explained her situation “That’s quite an interesting view point on courtship. Although truly it’s not as intricate as a dance, to us.” she bother ice cream, she was almost reaching the cone and licked the sides so it does drip. “I remember the whole family approval thing. My parents thought I could do better, literally have any man in this kingdom. But I didn’t want to do better” she shrugged “Michele di Minore is just fine for me. So where is he from if he’s not Kyrenaian? Anyone important?”

Lounge

“Hmm...I’ll raise you two priests and two theologians. There’s nothing they love than to fight amongst themselves, can’t leave one by himself.” Cleone raised the offer, clearing his throat “You day you have a Christian community, which is nice, but Christian does not necessarily mean Catholic. You have your eastern orthodox, oriental orthodox, Assyrians, Protestants, etc. Our missions is in the name of Rome.”

Playground.
Aurelia exhaled, deflated.
She had a bad feeling of premonition whenever she saw an ice cream truck as of late - of all things, ICE CREAM!
It might be her loosing her mind...
.refocussing on Isabella, Aurelia smirked: "Robin Hood aint got shit on me, lassie!", she boasted, grinning, before she looked into the sky, "But you did not ask to hear me boasting about my skills in archery, be it mounted, standing or mobile, but about the person I love... that person will tell you, that she's not important or from a unimportant place, but don't believe it. That person's homeport is the most beautiful place in the world and to me... and to me, that person is very, very important. My heart yearns for simply hearing the voice, every day I hope and pray for a letter, even if it is only about the most mundane thing... and love it!"

Lounge.
"To my knowledge, they once were Catholics, mostly, and now follow their own Patriarch.", Damir said, "But don't quote me, I'd have have to look it up." He let a beat pass. "Indeed, however, I should see whether or not the embassy at the Qualat al-Jabal can get permission to bring these four gentlemen as part of their staff. And I will see, whether or not I can get them in touch with their patriarch. Sadly, that person and I are not exactly on speaking terms as of late."
RPing in MT and PT.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:48 pm

Playground

“Wow, sounds you really love this man. Although, you are young so who knows. But enough vagueness. What’s his name and what does he do? Where’s he from? You talk about your love but you can barely tell me anything about him. If I’m not being too nosy.”

“<Giuseppina, look at yourself!>” Lourdes said loudly as she removed Giuseppina from her lap and stood her up. Her dress was a mess with melted ice cream dotting it, her mouth was dirty too but remained a big smile. Lourdes wiped her down despite turning head in protest of being cleaned up. “<No!>”

Lounge

“Oooh, a patriarch, that’ll be interesting. Maybe I’ll send Neromari in for a talk. Pardon, he's the Archbishop of Lux Pulchrae and Amaglione.”

“And a distant cousin.” Marcello added “<They’ll submit to Rome, eventually.>”

Cleone nodded and smiled, leaning on his left hand “Any other matters to be address now? Or later if you’d like?”

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:55 pm

“Wow, sounds you really love this man. Although, you are young so who knows. But enough vagueness. What’s his name and what does he do? Where’s he from? You talk about your love but you can barely tell me anything about him. If I’m not being too nosy.”

“<Giuseppina, look at yourself!>” Lourdes said loudly as she removed Giuseppina from her lap and stood her up. Her dress was a mess with melted ice cream dotting it, her mouth was dirty too but remained a big smile. Lourdes wiped her down despite turning head in protest of being cleaned up. “<No!>”

Lounge

“Oooh, a patriarch, that’ll be interesting. Maybe I’ll send Neromari in for a talk. Pardon, he's the Archbishop of Lux Pulchrae and Amaglione.”

“And a distant cousin.” Marcello added “<They’ll submit to Rome, eventually.>”

Cleone nodded and smiled, leaning on his left hand “Any other matters to be address now? Or later if you’d like?”

Playground.
While Lourdes was taking care of the little girl, who resisted cutely, Aurelia used a moment for a bit of introspection.
She really did not give much detail - she knew why. She did not want to cause an incident. Then again, did it not cause her to be insincere with her love? Did it not cause her to be dishonest in her love to that person?
Did it not cause her to be insincere to herself, if she did not stood by her love?
She came to a decision.
"The person I love...", she said and smiled, a small, happy, tender smile, "...her name is Marcella Villa, she is the Duchess of the United Island States of AHSCA - a wonderful sailor, a crafty stateswoman, someone, who stood toe to toe with an magnificent Old Dreadnought, someone, who is beautiful, kind, funny, has wits and, if needed, the steel."
She smiled a serene, happy smile at both Isabella and Lourdes.
"I love her very much.", she added, as if for good measure.

Lounge.
Damir shoved aside a terrible, foreboding feeling of doom, but he still smiled.
He had no idea where it came from, although he believed to have heard something about Rome... it didn't matter in the long run.
"Oh, there is something.", he said, "The Sultanate would be very interested in signing both a declaration of mutual friendship and cooperation, basically a 'We're friends now, deal with it!' to the rest of the world, and begin talks about a limited treaty of free trade, basically us abolishing trade barriers on certain, specifically selected goods. Wine, for example."
Last edited by Kyrenaia on Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RPing in MT and PT.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:21 pm

Playground
"Mmm..." was all Isabella let out as she finished eating her cone, cover her mouth as she chewed "That is interesting. Never met anyone like that before, but...cheers to you I suppose." she shrugged. There was a little awkward silence as with any moment when such information is dropped "A Duchess, sounds great. And she shares a name with my brother!" She looked to Lourdes and nudged her with her elbow, the latter who was cleaning up the toddler looked up an uncomfortable smiled appeared in her lips "Sounds wonderful princess." she said returning to Giuseppina.

"But in all seriousness, it does sound like you love her plenty. Not that I am against or for it, exactly." Isabella added as she stood up and dusted herself off. "Well, I guess we're done at the playground. The little mess maker wants to go home. <Want to go home Giuseppina?>" she turned to her niece. The curly headed girl nodded with a confirming "Si".

Lourdes picked her up and called on Rodolfo, who stood with his arms behind his back "Rodolfo! We'd like to head back to the palace please." The guard nodded and let the women lead the way back to the palace.

As they headed back the sun was halfway to setting, it was maybe four in the afternoon. There weren't that many cars on the road so crossing roads was pretty easy. There also weren't any skyscrapers or any really tall buildings, skyscrapers were banned within the cities limits and its outskirt territories. The group stopped outside the gates and Isabella asked them to wait as she returned Giuseppina to her father, leaving the two outside.

Lounge
"Wine? The Sultana doesn't have any grapes to stomp on? Or does the prince need a rum?" Cleone chuckled "I am only jesting Prince, I'm sure there's plenty we can trade. And I have considered myself of a personal friend of the Sultanate, I wouldn't mind making it official with a treaty. Although not all of this is not on the same day I hope."

Marcello cut a cigar and lit it "I hope no one here minds." Cleone shrugged, signaling he didn't care, "Prince?" Marcello turned to him.

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:24 pm

"Mmm..." was all Isabella let out as she finished eating her cone, cover her mouth as she chewed "That is interesting. Never met anyone like that before, but...cheers to you I suppose." she shrugged. There was a little awkward silence as with any moment when such information is dropped "A Duchess, sounds great. And she shares a name with my brother!" She looked to Lourdes and nudged her with her elbow, the latter who was cleaning up the toddler looked up an uncomfortable smiled appeared in her lips "Sounds wonderful princess." she said returning to Giuseppina.

"But in all seriousness, it does sound like you love her plenty. Not that I am against or for it, exactly." Isabella added as she stood up and dusted herself off. "Well, I guess we're done at the playground. The little mess maker wants to go home. <Want to go home Giuseppina?>" she turned to her niece. The curly headed girl nodded with a confirming "Si".

Lourdes picked her up and called on Rodolfo, who stood with his arms behind his back "Rodolfo! We'd like to head back to the palace please." The guard nodded and let the women lead the way back to the palace.

As they headed back the sun was halfway to setting, it was maybe four in the afternoon. There weren't that many cars on the road so crossing roads was pretty easy. There also weren't any skyscrapers or any really tall buildings, skyscrapers were banned within the cities limits and its outskirt territories. The group stopped outside the gates and Isabella asked them to wait as she returned Giuseppina to her father, leaving the two outside.

Lounge
"Wine? The Sultana doesn't have any grapes to stomp on? Or does the prince need a rum?" Cleone chuckled "I am only jesting Prince, I'm sure there's plenty we can trade. And I have considered myself of a personal friend of the Sultanate, I wouldn't mind making it official with a treaty. Although not all of this is not on the same day I hope."

Marcello cut a cigar and lit it "I hope no one here minds." Cleone shrugged, signaling he didn't care, "Prince?" Marcello turned to him.

Playground.
Aurelia smiled slightly, bowing her head in gratitude at the kind words... although she had the feeling, that they were holding back their real opinions.
And that these opinions were not too kind.
Maybe it was just her paranoia.
When they wanted to go home, Aurelia rose with them, noting the absence of any taller structure in the city. It was a bit like with Utica, now that she was thinking about it, only with less sand and smaller - Utica was a metropolis of around fifty million people in the entire metropolitan area, after all.
Waiting outside, Aurelia was silent for a moment, looked to Lourdes. She knew, that Kyrenaian Boulevard had a field day with their Princess being bi and having a lover, who she loved dearly, so she was quite sure, that they heard of it here as well.
"So, Lourdes... amongst us two girls.", she began, a grin erupting, "If I were to go on an excursion into the city, what would you recommend to see?"

Lounge.
Damir nodded, he had nothing against Marcello lighting a cigar.
He was still grinning from Cleone's little joke.
To him, he spoke: "The Sultanate sees both you yourself and Lux Pulchrae as a friend as well - and to be honest, I do, too, and I know, that both al-Zahir, Dschamilla, Aurelia and Prince Okan do, too.", he spoke, "The Sultana is waiting on meeting you in person before she comes around, something, which she looks forward to." He let a beat pass. "Now, we can of course sign the two documents on different days. Would it be fine, if we were doing the friendship declaration today and the trade treaty tomorrow?"
His question was a joke, the glint in his eyes giving it away.
RPing in MT and PT.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:58 am

Playground

Lourdes looked up as Aurelia addressed her barely hearing or understanding the question "Hmmm...let me think." She really didn't know the city herself, she rarely ever went. Even when she did it was mostly holidays or reunions and she stayed at the palace with him. "Um, there's the Cathedral of the Sacred Heart, but you might not like that. There's a nice view of Lake Arias nearby. If anything there's always the King's town square, that's where the majority of the shopping district is."

Lounge

"Those are two different days, no?" Cleone smiled "But if you really want, and can, we can sign this 'friendship' treaty. Although, in my mind 'Mutual Agreement' sounds a lot more...professional." the king sighed and scratched his head "If I remember correctly, I met the Sultana once and it was not exactly the most amicable. I may have been a little hard to greet. But if she wants to get up from her throne and come here, my arms are wide open. Or vice versa and come over there. One treaty here, one treaty over there."

Just then an old man walked into the lounge. It was the King Abdicate Cleone III, taking up the empty chair and pouring himself a glass. He sat with eyes closed and his hand interlocked resting on his stomach.

"<Father, what are you doing here?>" Marcello asked, his father waved him off and and mumbled. He went as far as to take off his shoes, placing them next to the chair. "<I needed a break from that awful Lord Bourbon. You may continue whatever this is. Unless you accuse me of being a spy my son.>"

"Hmph, vecchio." Marcello smiled as he puffed his cigarette.

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:21 am

Lourdes looked up as Aurelia addressed her barely hearing or understanding the question "Hmmm...let me think." She really didn't know the city herself, she rarely ever went. Even when she did it was mostly holidays or reunions and she stayed at the palace with him. "Um, there's the Cathedral of the Sacred Heart, but you might not like that. There's a nice view of Lake Arias nearby. If anything there's always the King's town square, that's where the majority of the shopping district is."

Lounge

"Those are two different days, no?" Cleone smiled "But if you really want, and can, we can sign this 'friendship' treaty. Although, in my mind 'Mutual Agreement' sounds a lot more...professional." the king sighed and scratched his head "If I remember correctly, I met the Sultana once and it was not exactly the most amicable. I may have been a little hard to greet. But if she wants to get up from her throne and come here, my arms are wide open. Or vice versa and come over there. One treaty here, one treaty over there."

Just then an old man walked into the lounge. It was the King Abdicate Cleone III, taking up the empty chair and pouring himself a glass. He sat with eyes closed and his hand interlocked resting on his stomach.

"<Father, what are you doing here?>" Marcello asked, his father waved him off and and mumbled. He went as far as to take off his shoes, placing them next to the chair. "<I needed a break from that awful Lord Bourbon. You may continue whatever this is. Unless you accuse me of being a spy my son.>"

"Hmph, vecchio." Marcello smiled as he puffed his cigarette.

Playground.
"Hm...", Aurelia made, furrowing her brow. Indeed, a church might not be the most interesting place, but shopping... maybe. The nice view of Lake Arias had her interested, though. "The Lake sounds nice. If I were to wish to ride out there, do you have horses?"
She let a beat pass.
"If we find the time for that, of course.", she added, well aware, that personal enjoyment was nice, but they had more important things to worry about.

Lounge.
Damir bowed his head respectfully as the older gentleman appeared, Cleone III sitting down with them, having a short chat with his sons.
He waited until the conversation was finished, then nodded. "That sounds like a plan.", he agreed to Cleone, "'Mutual Agreement on Friendship and Cooperation' sounds wonderfully, too. Besides, we might not want to sign a trade treaty now. After all, we need to arrange the stipulations... or rather, let the people of our respective Ministries of Foreign Affairs arrange all of that."
RPing in MT and PT.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:01 pm

Palace

Lourdes was about to answer when a burst of laughter rang out, turning around it was Isabella returning "Sorry Princess. Horses? If you are some folk in the rurals maybe." she put her hand above her eyes as if to get a better view and look out further "You can kind of see it from here, shouldn't be too far. Maybe a carriage can bring us if you are feeling a little equestrian today. Come!" the princess took Aurelia by the hand and summoned a carriage from the court, the outside was black and trimmed with gold, on the inside was red material. Two guards sat atop the the carriage and it was pulled by two big white horse. They made noise and flared their nostrils, lightly tapping the cobblestone ground.

"<Your Highness and Lady Lourdes.>" the driver greeted the trio, tipping his hat. He was young looking, maybe his early thirties and had a dark brown mustache. The other sitting next to him carried a shotgun, as was tradition as much as it was necessary precaution, he was noticeably older with a mustache as well but graying. With Isabella hopping in the extended her hand to Aurelia "Coming aboard?"

Lounge

Cleone nodded in agreement, perhaps much time was needed for deliberation "Could not agree more, but when it's drafted let me know. Plus, nothing gets by the FA thought doesn't go to me first. These stipulations will be held under my scrutiny as well."

The elder Cleone sat in his chair smiling with a closed mouth, almost like a fool. Or especially like a fool. He was merely 71 but he had already forgotten most of his English, never really using it during his own reign in preference for a translator.

"So, whatever the case, we'll agree to sign for the most part." Marcello spoke "But what can the Sultanate provide for us? Or what can we help you with as well? We tend to, for the lack of a better phrase, scratch the backs of our friends. And anything that itches the Sultana, we'll more than happily take care of."

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:09 am

Lux Pulchrae wrote:Palace

Lourdes was about to answer when a burst of laughter rang out, turning around it was Isabella returning "Sorry Princess. Horses? If you are some folk in the rurals maybe." she put her hand above her eyes as if to get a better view and look out further "You can kind of see it from here, shouldn't be too far. Maybe a carriage can bring us if you are feeling a little equestrian today. Come!" the princess took Aurelia by the hand and summoned a carriage from the court, the outside was black and trimmed with gold, on the inside was red material. Two guards sat atop the the carriage and it was pulled by two big white horse. They made noise and flared their nostrils, lightly tapping the cobblestone ground.

"<Your Highness and Lady Lourdes.>" the driver greeted the trio, tipping his hat. He was young looking, maybe his early thirties and had a dark brown mustache. The other sitting next to him carried a shotgun, as was tradition as much as it was necessary precaution, he was noticeably older with a mustache as well but graying. With Isabella hopping in the extended her hand to Aurelia "Coming aboard?"

Lounge

Cleone nodded in agreement, perhaps much time was needed for deliberation "Could not agree more, but when it's drafted let me know. Plus, nothing gets by the FA thought doesn't go to me first. These stipulations will be held under my scrutiny as well."

The elder Cleone sat in his chair smiling with a closed mouth, almost like a fool. Or especially like a fool. He was merely 71 but he had already forgotten most of his English, never really using it during his own reign in preference for a translator.

"So, whatever the case, we'll agree to sign for the most part." Marcello spoke "But what can the Sultanate provide for us? Or what can we help you with as well? We tend to, for the lack of a better phrase, scratch the backs of our friends. And anything that itches the Sultana, we'll more than happily take care of."

Carriage.
With a small bit of reluctance, Aurelia boarded the carriage without Isabella's help.
"I have to tell you, that I feel equestrian quite often.", she said with a small grin, "I am a Leftenant of the HGA's Horsearchery Team. Equines are part for the course." She sat down opposite to either of them, got comfortable a little bit. "I love riding apart from that as well - the feeling of freedom and speed, the wind running through the hair and the face... it is a wonderful feeling!"
She leaned forward slightly.
"If you ever visit Kyrenaia, I will make sure you meet the team!", she said with a grin, "And the TBA's, too... Tabar Boys' Academy. And let me tell you, their Axeriding Team is many things, but they aren't boys anymore."

Lounge.
Damir smiled slightly.
"The Sultanate can provide a lot of wares in this trade. From luxury goods like Aragh and silks to rose water and olive oil.", he explained, "Of course, industrial products can be provided as well, cars, motorcycles, aircraft, you name it, we have it. Machines as well, not to mention ships of all sizes and uses. There's also the option, that Kyrenaia might become a popular tourist and student destination, including sharing technologies." He let a beat pass. "However, be aware, that Kyrenaia does not trade in staple foods, neither importing unless in the direst of circumstances, nor exporting, unless as part of humanitarian efforts."
He leaned back a bit.
"What Lux Pulchrae could do for Kyrenaia as well is..." Damir smiled slightly. "...basing rights. The RKN is interested in stationing a few smaller vessels, something like a Littoral Operations Vessel or a frigate or something along those lines, in Lux Pulchrae and thus the Mediterranean. This would serve both as a very visible sign of Kyrenaia's will to protect its friends and to symbolize the friendship between us... as well as to represent the Sultanate's Interests in the Med."
RPing in MT and PT.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:19 pm

Carriage

"You've ever put those riding skills to the test on some academy boy?" Isabella asking teasingly, she laughed before covering her mouth "Oop, sorry Princess, that was really inappropriate. I let my inner schoolgirl out, trust me it does not go away after secondary or even university. I remember university had as much gossip as an academy." she explained. Lourdes was looking out the window, not paying attention to the conversation. Thinking it was rather rude, Isabella put her left hand to her cousin's chest and squeezed her playfully again, Lourdes quickly turned around and slapped Isabella's hand "Que quieres?!" she asked and was only met with laughter.

"Sorry, but you were zoning out the window. We were talking about schools. Where did you go again?"

Lourdes looked at Isabella with a hint of annoyance, she knew where Lourdes went so why was she asking? She looked at Isabella then across from her to Aurelia "I was sent to a nunnery in Spain when I was 14, for nine years. I came back March." she nodded patting her knees "I've always wanted to study abroad, so when I got the chance my parents sent me. Always wanted to go back to the ancestral homeland. Well this is my homeland but much of the Hispanic makeup here comes from settlers hundreds of years ago."

Lounge

"No! No military!" Cleone was quick to respond, realizing it was a rather aggressive answer he dialed it back and cleared his throat "Forgive me Prince. My father and grandfather believed that you keep your own waters safe and have kept our waters to ourselves. Unfortunately for you I intend to keep that tradition. I understand you want to have a presence here, but again, like everything, we can discuss that at a later date."

"And as for olive oil, we have plenty." Marcello added with a smile "Who do you think you're talking to Prince?" he blew smoke and tapped his cigar against the ashtray "But in seriousness, perhaps we can let the markets decide what they want. But I must warn you, Lux Pulchraean markets are a bit...regulated. Some things will pass, some won't. Now I might be stereotyping as most people do, but there is a paradoxical characteristic in barren desert lands like Kyrenaia. Areas of certain death like the desert, no offence, can hold the key to modern day life, the black blood of the world: oil."

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:17 am

Lux Pulchrae wrote:Carriage

"You've ever put those riding skills to the test on some academy boy?" Isabella asking teasingly, she laughed before covering her mouth "Oop, sorry Princess, that was really inappropriate. I let my inner schoolgirl out, trust me it does not go away after secondary or even university. I remember university had as much gossip as an academy." she explained. Lourdes was looking out the window, not paying attention to the conversation. Thinking it was rather rude, Isabella put her left hand to her cousin's chest and squeezed her playfully again, Lourdes quickly turned around and slapped Isabella's hand "Que quieres?!" she asked and was only met with laughter.

"Sorry, but you were zoning out the window. We were talking about schools. Where did you go again?"

Lourdes looked at Isabella with a hint of annoyance, she knew where Lourdes went so why was she asking? She looked at Isabella then across from her to Aurelia "I was sent to a nunnery in Spain when I was 14, for nine years. I came back March." she nodded patting her knees "I've always wanted to study abroad, so when I got the chance my parents sent me. Always wanted to go back to the ancestral homeland. Well this is my homeland but much of the Hispanic makeup here comes from settlers hundreds of years ago."

Lounge

"No! No military!" Cleone was quick to respond, realizing it was a rather aggressive answer he dialed it back and cleared his throat "Forgive me Prince. My father and grandfather believed that you keep your own waters safe and have kept our waters to ourselves. Unfortunately for you I intend to keep that tradition. I understand you want to have a presence here, but again, like everything, we can discuss that at a later date."

"And as for olive oil, we have plenty." Marcello added with a smile "Who do you think you're talking to Prince?" he blew smoke and tapped his cigar against the ashtray "But in seriousness, perhaps we can let the markets decide what they want. But I must warn you, Lux Pulchraean markets are a bit...regulated. Some things will pass, some won't. Now I might be stereotyping as most people do, but there is a paradoxical characteristic in barren desert lands like Kyrenaia. Areas of certain death like the desert, no offence, can hold the key to modern day life, the black blood of the world: oil."

Carriage.
Aurelia had grinned at the phrase about trying the riding skills on Academy Boys, mainly because she had, but they didn't need to know that.
"Interesting...", Aurelia said, then told them both: "I went to the Dordéan Middle School of Seabhcóir in the Free Lands until 2012, then I transferred to the Haram Girls' Academy in Utica, when I moved to Kyrenaia." She did not tell the whole story, especially not about why she moved to a foreign country. She looked at Lourdes. "When you say Nunnery, what exactly can I imagine under that term?"

Lounge.
Damir nodded at the protests about the military - if they didn't want it this vehemently, they didn't want it. And he would not argue that or insist.
He looked at Marcello instead. "Indeed, let the markets decide... and yes, Kyrenaia has more oils then olive oil." He did not take any offense at the Areas of certain death like the desert. "We have the Black Blood, plus a wide variety of other natural ressources, either in the Homeland or in the Colonies. It all depends on what you need."
He leaned back. Ilia would not like the absence of basing rights, but he would have to live with it. Damir would not risk an agreement just over that.
RPing in MT and PT.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:59 am

Carriage

Lourdes' cheeks reddening a little bit as she remembered "Well, you know, a nunnery. Where you go to be a nun, or where the nuns live. Surely whatever sand rituals you practice back home has similar institutions."

"<Lourdes! Careful with what you say and how!>" Isabella spoke to her cousin through clenched teeth.

"<What?>" she shrugged, not knowing what she said.

Lounge

"Black blood, now that is something we can definitely use. No one's bothered you about this have they?" Marcello asked

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:24 am

Lux Pulchrae wrote:Carriage

Lourdes' cheeks reddening a little bit as she remembered "Well, you know, a nunnery. Where you go to be a nun, or where the nuns live. Surely whatever sand rituals you practice back home has similar institutions."

"<Lourdes! Careful with what you say and how!>" Isabella spoke to her cousin through clenched teeth.

"<What?>" she shrugged, not knowing what she said.

Lounge

"Black blood, now that is something we can definitely use. No one's bothered you about this have they?" Marcello asked

Carriage.
A bit like at the Academy, Aurelia raised her hand.
"I don't mind. I mean, your faith is, to me, just as foreign as mine is to you, so...", she explained, then shrugged, "We don't have nunneries, though. Well, the Kyrenaian Christians have one, the Dayr near Baalbeck in the Ilkhanate of Sarepta, but I don't have much contact with them, for obvious reasons."
She let a beat pass.
"What's life in a monastery like?", she asked with interest.

Lounge.
Damir grinned, made a dismissive hand gesture.
"Eh... let's just say, that those, who tried to bother us about it, quickly learned, that it is detrimental for their health to bother us about it.", he said with grin, "The 1920 Oil War demonstrated that quite... effectively."
His smile turned vicious.
RPing in MT and PT.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates