NATION

PASSWORD

A Long Awaited Visit [Closed]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kyrenaia
Senator

Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:14 am

Lux Pulchrae wrote:"Well then Prince, Princess, consider me a learned man, you could have fooled me. Probably still could. Now, I wouldn't call myself a linguist or an anthropologist, but I have always enjoyed the exploration of cultures. I like to know things, etymologies, history, things like that. Our's would make you head hurt, it was a constant volley of control between the French and the Piedemontese, for like one-hundred years. This Kingdom here would be the...fourth iteration of the Kingdom of Lux Pulchrae. So I suppose its full title would be the Fourth Kingdom of Lux Pulchrae and Amaglione. Though it's just simply Lux Pulchrae. Anything you people would like to learn? I'm no teacher but I can try my best."

Elsewhere, Cleone was in his office making calls to law enforcement "-Listen here, I don't want local police on this, I want National on this! If he's not there I want that estate surrounded! It won't be his for long once I find his old ass guilty! Anyone that knows where he is is to be questioned, resistance is met with arrest!" The order was made, and the National Police stationed in the Nord Oveste province was on their way to the Bourbon estate. The National Police was largely staffed with Italians, especially in the French Quarter, the French weren't allowed to join, due to the historically anti-national sentiment many carried.

Damir, unaware of Cleone yelling into a telephone, but thinking, that this would be the case, replied: "The question is not, what we would like to learn, for the short form would be 'everything', but rather where to start. Aurelia has an unfair advantage in that on me, though..."
"That's right.", the Princess said in quite accentuated but understandable Italian, every syllable emphasized and spoken clearly, "I am learning Italian and while I am not really good at this point in time, I hope to achieve mastery in this beautiful language one day." She grinned before she added. "So yes, I do have an unfair advantage!"
She cleared her throat, then smiled.
"I must admit, though, that we should speak English for now, so that Dad understands as well.", she said, "I must agree with him, I want to know everything. But for now, where does the... I want to say 'hate' between the French and you come from?"
RPing in MT and PT.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:00 am

Marcello smiled at the Princess' knowledge, though it needed work. Aurelia then asked her question regarding the hostility between the State and French, giving a closed smile "Of course...I guess I can answer that, to my best, ever-receding memory. Well, it not hate per se, we'll just say 'two really angry neighbors', yeah? This goes back all the way, if I were to REALLY find the cause, in my opinion it all started back somewhere in the eight or nine-hundreds with the Holy Roman Empire, mainly the Carolingian Empire. I won't explain old European politics, it truly makes my head hurt. Don't get me started on the families, I still don't know how many relatives I have. Okay, back to the origins; the Carolingians collapse, and out of this comes the Duchy of Amaglione, originally it was a very Italic region. Through the centuries, the descendants of the French and Italians have been bickering over land, fighting wars and such. Around 1508 I think, under Alberto Nussio through some miracle, the duchy is recognized by the Pope as a kingdom, forming the first Kingdom of Lux Pulchrae, the Amaglione part actually doesn't come until one hundred years ago. Okay, we have our kingdom, two-hundred years of relative peace, expansion, some fighting. 1705, in come the French, beat us up and place a duke as their puppet king, Margot Sans Ofidiano. Though Lux Pulchraean, he was of heavy French descent. His son however, VERY anti-French, but what can he do with France breathing on his neck? Time passes, we, the Italians, eventually revolt and kick their asses back to France. Sardinia comes in, blah blah, we never liked the French ever since. NOW, the problem with these French descent is that they want their own land, they want to separate themselves from Lux Pulchrae. All majority French provinces have in one way or another advocated for the separation. Coalitions have been made, abolished, and made again. In all aspects except legal, they consider themselves separate and we can't allow that. Not without a fight. And now it seems like they've found the balls to do so."

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:34 pm

Lux Pulchrae wrote:Marcello smiled at the Princess' knowledge, though it needed work. Aurelia then asked her question regarding the hostility between the State and French, giving a closed smile "Of course...I guess I can answer that, to my best, ever-receding memory. Well, it not hate per se, we'll just say 'two really angry neighbors', yeah? This goes back all the way, if I were to REALLY find the cause, in my opinion it all started back somewhere in the eight or nine-hundreds with the Holy Roman Empire, mainly the Carolingian Empire. I won't explain old European politics, it truly makes my head hurt. Don't get me started on the families, I still don't know how many relatives I have. Okay, back to the origins; the Carolingians collapse, and out of this comes the Duchy of Amaglione, originally it was a very Italic region. Through the centuries, the descendants of the French and Italians have been bickering over land, fighting wars and such. Around 1508 I think, under Alberto Nussio through some miracle, the duchy is recognized by the Pope as a kingdom, forming the first Kingdom of Lux Pulchrae, the Amaglione part actually doesn't come until one hundred years ago. Okay, we have our kingdom, two-hundred years of relative peace, expansion, some fighting. 1705, in come the French, beat us up and place a duke as their puppet king, Margot Sans Ofidiano. Though Lux Pulchraean, he was of heavy French descent. His son however, VERY anti-French, but what can he do with France breathing on his neck? Time passes, we, the Italians, eventually revolt and kick their asses back to France. Sardinia comes in, blah blah, we never liked the French ever since. NOW, the problem with these French descent is that they want their own land, they want to separate themselves from Lux Pulchrae. All majority French provinces have in one way or another advocated for the separation. Coalitions have been made, abolished, and made again. In all aspects except legal, they consider themselves separate and we can't allow that. Not without a fight. And now it seems like they've found the balls to do so."

Both Kyrenaians listened with great interest - and although this short explanation was obviously glossing over some of the details, it was a good explanation. Even more so as that explained a few things: The French installed a puppet king and that king's successor threw them out, being anti-French, which reinforced the sentiments.
And now, the remaining French wanted their own country and would kill for that objective.
And, of course, the Government would fight to keep the unity of the country.
Understandable.
Aurelia nodded, slowly. "I see the problems there.", she said in a serious tone, "Kyrenaia would act the same way... and, in more then one instance, actually did." She glanced over to her father, who nodded. "The question now is, what is the role the rest of Italy played?"
RPing in MT and PT.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:02 pm

"Pshh, the peninsulare? We are separated by the mountains in the east, they have no role here. Sure, we are close, but we have our own jurisdiction. The only role they played was invading us in the seventeen and eighteen-hundreds. Well, not Italy, but the Sardi/Piedemontese to be exact, under the House of Savoy. They were the last to occupy us until that whole unification business in Italy in 1861. They united, we wanted to be on our own, so they let us. We were at the mercy of Savoy House. By the Grace of God they left Lux Pulchrae, back over the mountains and to the peninsula. This country is a weird mix. The people here were originally of Italic descent, then French came, the Spanish came, hell, we even have Germanics up in the northern mountains. Now it's all settled in, or it was settled in."

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:00 am

Lux Pulchrae wrote:"Pshh, the peninsulare? We are separated by the mountains in the east, they have no role here. Sure, we are close, but we have our own jurisdiction. The only role they played was invading us in the seventeen and eighteen-hundreds. Well, not Italy, but the Sardi/Piedemontese to be exact, under the House of Savoy. They were the last to occupy us until that whole unification business in Italy in 1861. They united, we wanted to be on our own, so they let us. We were at the mercy of Savoy House. By the Grace of God they left Lux Pulchrae, back over the mountains and to the peninsula. This country is a weird mix. The people here were originally of Italic descent, then French came, the Spanish came, hell, we even have Germanics up in the northern mountains. Now it's all settled in, or it was settled in."

Aurelia nodded. "Indeed, that is a mixture.", she said, "Then again, I would know of no country, which has an, please forgive me that phrase, ethnically pure nation. I know, that some tried establishing one, but that did not really work."
"Name examples.", Damir asked of his daughter.
"For a nation, that tried to establish an ethnically pure nation?", she asked back, he nodded, "Well, there would be Dhaer. A Sheikhdom in our general vincity.", she explained to Marcello. "A sovereign nation, which was founded by Kyrenaian Pirates centuries ago. Not a nice place. They tried, in the 2000s, to establish a 'racially pure' nation, a policy by which everyone of different ethnical descent in the nation was to be expelled. They argued with a number of genetic markers, which according to their 'scientists' were uniquely Dhaer and could not be found anywhere else." Aurelia grinned. "That, however, failed quite miserably as the Sheikh's genetic test was revealed to the public and it came to light, that he was only half-Dhaer. His mother apparently had an affair with a Selkie-Man..."
She giggled at that punchline.
"Needless to say, that the programme was stopped a few hours later.", she added as the icing on the cake.
Damir grinned as well - the political failures of Dhaer were a point of great political amusement in Kyrenaia. "That, however...", he added, "...is not the reason, why Kyrenaian Fleet Groups cross their territorial waters at every given or not-given opportunity. The programme has stopped and all's well in that regard. No, these vessels cross their waters due to another reason..."
Aurelia rolled her eyes.
Last edited by Kyrenaia on Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
RPing in MT and PT.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:18 am

"Ooh, I saw that Princess. There's more to this! Isn't there?" Marcello wouldn't consider himself a know-it-all, but he did like to know things when the opportunity came up. "I can tell you how our family came to be what it is today."

A knock on the door was heard, Marcello granted them to come in, it was one of the maids "<Sua Altezza, I'm to inform you dinner is in 20 minutes.>"

"<My kids?>"

"<They are downstairs in the lobby. The ladies are entertaining them.>" the maid bowed and and promptly left.

Marcello turned back to the Kyrenaians "Well, dinner is in 20 minutes. If you'd like, we can continue this elsewhere, like the dining hall or the lobby, this place is too...stuffy? Am I using that word correctly?" downing his glass, Marcello got up from his seat "After you."

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:32 am

Lux Pulchrae wrote:"Ooh, I saw that Princess. There's more to this! Isn't there?" Marcello wouldn't consider himself a know-it-all, but he did like to know things when the opportunity came up. "I can tell you how our family came to be what it is today."

A knock on the door was heard, Marcello granted them to come in, it was one of the maids "<Sua Altezza, I'm to inform you dinner is in 20 minutes.>"

"<My kids?>"

"<They are downstairs in the lobby. The ladies are entertaining them.>" the maid bowed and and promptly left.

Marcello turned back to the Kyrenaians "Well, dinner is in 20 minutes. If you'd like, we can continue this elsewhere, like the dining hall or the lobby, this place is too...stuffy? Am I using that word correctly?" downing his glass, Marcello got up from his seat "After you."

Aurelia nodded as they all got up to fetch dinner.
"Indeed, I would like to... the problem is, however, that the topic itself, in quite a few details, might be inappropriate in the presence of children.", Aurelia said with a bit of sheepishness. "The person, the Bey of Dhaer, was quite rude in a way, that no child should hear, lest they see it as a good example. And, admittedly, my reaction was... a bit hefty."
Damir nodded.
"Maybe later.", Aurelia added, still sheepish. "Speaking of later, is there anything planned for tonight?"
RPing in MT and PT.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:43 am

The party left the 'War Room' and headed towards the stairs, going down into the lobby "I assure you Princess, children are no issue. Technically the oldest child here is you, after you would be my son Giovanni and he's seven. Language around them, especially English, no problema. Sharing experiences is quite alleviating if they stress you out, but I won't press any further." they reached the bottom of the steps where Marcello stopped, crossing his arms and sighing "As for plans? Well, had it not been for the unfortunate incident we would've suggested the Princess and the girls have another round at the town, but obviously not anymore, the city is shut down. I'm not an event planner, but you're welcome to explore the palace. We have two theaters, one is a cinema and the other is..well a theater. We can get the Royal Orchestra to perform a couple of pieces, if you like Mozart. There was a bowling alley installed, or at least in the works."

"It's done." Isabella chimed in, her and Lourdes were sitting in the lobby, playing with the nieces "Has been for like a month." she clarified. Isabella then proceeded to take Aurora, Marcello's daughter, placing the toddler on her lap belly up, exposing her stomach and blowing raspberries. "Princess, any demon angels like these in your household?"

"Prince, care to join me in the dining hall? Maybe leave the girls to their devices again." Marcello suggested. If they left the girls alone, they wouldn't exactly be alone, the occasional servant would be walking around and the guards by the door remained standing, silent and unmoving, but observant.

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:42 am

Lux Pulchrae wrote:The party left the 'War Room' and headed towards the stairs, going down into the lobby "I assure you Princess, children are no issue. Technically the oldest child here is you, after you would be my son Giovanni and he's seven. Language around them, especially English, no problema. Sharing experiences is quite alleviating if they stress you out, but I won't press any further." they reached the bottom of the steps where Marcello stopped, crossing his arms and sighing "As for plans? Well, had it not been for the unfortunate incident we would've suggested the Princess and the girls have another round at the town, but obviously not anymore, the city is shut down. I'm not an event planner, but you're welcome to explore the palace. We have two theaters, one is a cinema and the other is..well a theater. We can get the Royal Orchestra to perform a couple of pieces, if you like Mozart. There was a bowling alley installed, or at least in the works."

"It's done." Isabella chimed in, her and Lourdes were sitting in the lobby, playing with the nieces "Has been for like a month." she clarified. Isabella then proceeded to take Aurora, Marcello's daughter, placing the toddler on her lap belly up, exposing her stomach and blowing raspberries. "Princess, any demon angels like these in your household?"

"Prince, care to join me in the dining hall? Maybe leave the girls to their devices again." Marcello suggested. If they left the girls alone, they wouldn't exactly be alone, the occasional servant would be walking around and the guards by the door remained standing, silent and unmoving, but observant.

Both Aurelia and Damir followed Marcello, Aurelia being thankful for his discretion - she did not imagine, that this story would find much liking.
In any case, when he mentioned, that there were no plans for the night, the Kyrenaians noted one more difference: In Kyrenaia, there would be a ball in the evening of the first day. But with Isabella, Lourdes and Aurora, it promised to be a nice evening.
The young woman remained with them, giving her father a small wave, and knelt down in front of of Isabella.
"There are.", she confirmed, "A few of the Handmaidens, who live on the grounds, have their children on the Palace Grounds as well, and... I sometimes meet them. Aldhiyb loves them to bits and they love him, too." She smiled. "I wonder..."
She shook her head.
"Don't worry."

Her father, meanwhile, nodded.
"Indeed, let's go.", he said and motioned for Marcello to lead the way.
RPing in MT and PT.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:24 am

"Wonder what Princess? Thought after a shooting we'd be much more open and closer." she smiled "A joke, obviously. But the same thing here, sometimes the nannies, the ones with children, they'd come here and play with the kids."

Lourdes on the other hand, held Giuseppina by her ankles, slowly descending her to the floor. The child would laugh, stand up and demand it be done again. "You ever thought thought of kids Princess?" she asked before she realized what she had asked "Oh, sorry Princess. I had forgotten."

Marcello and Damir would walk to the dining hall, it was in the middle of being prepared. A red tablecloth was being placed, mats, plates, glasses and utensils were as well. One of the side tables was also being prepared for the kids. "So, this turned to be an exciting day, one could say. You enjoy fish, Prince? That's most likely what we're having. Maybe some pasta and potatoes to go along with it. Salad is usually involved as well. Sausage is a big element too. The pasta is to start generally, an appetizer how they call it. But, your meal is subject to change if you want something else."

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:54 pm

Lux Pulchrae wrote:"Wonder what Princess? Thought after a shooting we'd be much more open and closer." she smiled "A joke, obviously. But the same thing here, sometimes the nannies, the ones with children, they'd come here and play with the kids."

Lourdes on the other hand, held Giuseppina by her ankles, slowly descending her to the floor. The child would laugh, stand up and demand it be done again. "You ever thought thought of kids Princess?" she asked before she realized what she had asked "Oh, sorry Princess. I had forgotten."

Marcello and Damir would walk to the dining hall, it was in the middle of being prepared. A red tablecloth was being placed, mats, plates, glasses and utensils were as well. One of the side tables was also being prepared for the kids. "So, this turned to be an exciting day, one could say. You enjoy fish, Prince? That's most likely what we're having. Maybe some pasta and potatoes to go along with it. Salad is usually involved as well. Sausage is a big element too. The pasta is to start generally, an appetizer how they call it. But, your meal is subject to change if you want something else."

Aurelia smiled.
"It's no problem, Lourdes. I indeed did - even after I started dating Marcella.", she said, "Maybe especially... I still am only a woman." She let a beat pass, looking at both women. "And I am a woman of noble birth, which means, that I have to continue the line. And a woman, who was born in a land, where life in all of its forms is hallowed. Luckily, technology gave us means to cut out the... manual part, if you catch my meaning."

Damir smiled, raising a hand.
"Thank you very much for the offer, but I take, what you just described.", he said with a grin, "It sounds fantastic! And, amongst us..." He leaned over as if to tell Marcello a secret. "...we don't get much fresh fish in Utica, but in Motya. Sadly, I'm rarely there, so... it's a bit of a delicacy for me. Plus, real pasta!"
RPing in MT and PT.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:50 am

Lobby
"I suppose, Princess. But...the, 'manual' way is the most natural way. I mean, pardon the, bruteness? It is so natural they literally fit like a puzzle." Lourdes' face turned redder the longer she spoke "Oh my, you are a child! I shouldn't be speaking to you of these things. I'm sorry, it just so impure in the mind, all of it." she looked away in embarrassment, Giuseppina pulling her mantilla, Lourdes lightly slapping her hand away.

"<What can you expect? Kids today are weird. It's all that 'liberty' nonsense they teach today. You know, have their own ways of doings things, wanna find ou->"

"NO! Don't tell me! Son cosas pervertidas. I won't hear it." she sat Giuseppina on her lap and covered the toddler's ears, while covering her own ears, or attempting to, with her shoulders.

"Wow, Princess. The drama on this one eh?" Isabella giggled "This topic is too personal. You can take the reigns Princess, if I drive it any further I'm afraid of what I'd might say."

Dining Hall
"Real pasta, Prince? As opposed to...fake pasta? I can imagine it's rarity. With a desert country and all. I bet our fish merchants can make a good profit in your parts. These are really common meals here, I would have, or my mother would have, asked a grander feast be prepared, but I hope simpler is better in this moment. What do you people eat? You can eat pork, correct?"

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:00 pm

Lux Pulchrae wrote:Lobby
"I suppose, Princess. But...the, 'manual' way is the most natural way. I mean, pardon the, bruteness? It is so natural they literally fit like a puzzle." Lourdes' face turned redder the longer she spoke "Oh my, you are a child! I shouldn't be speaking to you of these things. I'm sorry, it just so impure in the mind, all of it." she looked away in embarrassment, Giuseppina pulling her mantilla, Lourdes lightly slapping her hand away.

"<What can you expect? Kids today are weird. It's all that 'liberty' nonsense they teach today. You know, have their own ways of doings things, wanna find ou->"

"NO! Don't tell me! Son cosas pervertidas. I won't hear it." she sat Giuseppina on her lap and covered the toddler's ears, while covering her own ears, or attempting to, with her shoulders.

"Wow, Princess. The drama on this one eh?" Isabella giggled "This topic is too personal. You can take the reigns Princess, if I drive it any further I'm afraid of what I'd might say."

Dining Hall
"Real pasta, Prince? As opposed to...fake pasta? I can imagine it's rarity. With a desert country and all. I bet our fish merchants can make a good profit in your parts. These are really common meals here, I would have, or my mother would have, asked a grander feast be prepared, but I hope simpler is better in this moment. What do you people eat? You can eat pork, correct?"

Aurelia, with Isabella and Lourdes.
Aurelia giggled.
"Thanks, but we really should stop.", she said and nodded in Giuseppina's direction, "It's not really a topic to discuss with such young ears present."
She winked at Isabella, indicating, that she not only meant Giuseppina. Of course, she was just teasing Lourdes a bit - indeed, she respecter her more then she would admit to her now: She might complain about them being perverts, thinking of Giuseppina first, but Aurelia thought, that she saw the truth in her eyes: She wanted to experience for herself, feel it and everything belonging to it.
Aurelia was silent for a moment, then gathered her bravery to ask something she wouldn't ask of anyone: "If I may be so bold, though... may I hold her for a bit?"
She asked, indicating to Giuseppina.

Damir, with Marcello.
"We can, but we usually don't.", he answered the last question with a smile, "The problem with pigs is, that they consume too much water and, except leather and meat, give nothing. We are more into goats, sheep and chickens, when it comes to meat. We usually drink tea, though rarely of Camellia sinensis."
He thought for a moment.
"Then another, more important staple in Kyrenaian cuisine are Barley and Sorghum. We even have one of the world's leading institutes in research into these crops: BASRI, the very creatively named Barley and Sorghum Research Institute.", he continued, "Generally speaking, though, we like it spicy."
RPing in MT and PT.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:33 am

Lobby
"Oh, sure Princess." she set the toddler down, telling her to head to Aurelia. Knowing no better, she obliged.

"So, Princess. You're still in school, what do you plan on doing after? I don't think I've asked that one yet. I mean, I don't know how it works over there but here we can't just sit around on taxes, we have to contribute too. Here military is a big pathway for many nobility, men only though. Like I said before, I was the Grand Minister of Health and Lourdes has been in a nunnery for nine years until like, last year, so she isn't really work savvy, yet."

"A nunnery is pretty steep work for nine years." Lourdes countered

"Then join one again."

"No thank you."

The floor above them, Jose was leaving his room hearing that dinner was about to be ready. Locking the door he headed to the stairs when he met with Cleone, who was also about to go down the stairs at the opposite end, coming from the palace's left wing. The two cancelled their plans and walked to the center of the railing.

"Jose"

"Cleone"

"It's 'Your Highness'"

"Oh really? Not 'shorty' or 'moro' or 'bast-" his insults were cut short by the presence of a gun pressed against his chest, Cleone's revolver.

"That's enough. Another word and you can kiss your position as Primo goodbye."

"Didn't know words offended you so, my king." despite his situation, he kept his smirk.

"It's not the words, it's the disrespect. One of these days, your mouth will get you in bigger trouble. Hopefully I'm the one that shuts it. You know I almost had you brought in, for the attack on the girls."

"How dare you think such a thing! Bastardo!" he stepped forward, but was repelled by Cleone cocking his gun.

He switched hands holding the gun, from his right to his left, raising his right hand and presenting his ring "Kiss it, and we can forget about this, for now. I wouldn't want to shoot you with the girls just below us."

Jose had no room to bargain and did as told. A smile and a nod from the king, he holstered his weapon. The two then headed down the stairs where Cleone greeted the girls as he descended "Well hello again, how goes things?"

Dining Hall
"Yeah, I can resonate with that. The pig is a fat animal, a lot of meat but a lot of fat as well, not my thing generally. When people literally just eat its fat, count me out. I like goat as well, used to help slaughter them as a child at my grand-uncle's farm. Chicken and beef is the superior meat however. And I've heard of you Kyrenaians and your tea, you drink it more than water." Marcello crossed his arms, watching as the staff was about to finish setting up, all they needed was to bring the food out. "Here, we obviously drink wine, a beer or two or three couldn't hurt. As you've seen, liquor is also a big thing. Here but not in the north though, they're really into beer. Generally, tea is remedial thing. Coffee is much more of a social drink."
Last edited by Lux Pulchrae on Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:55 am

"Oh, sure Princess." she set the toddler down, telling her to head to Aurelia. Knowing no better, she obliged.

"So, Princess. You're still in school, what do you plan on doing after? I don't think I've asked that one yet. I mean, I don't know how it works over there but here we can't just sit around on taxes, we have to contribute too. Here military is a big pathway for many nobility, men only though. Like I said before, I was the Grand Minister of Health and Lourdes has been in a nunnery for nine years until like, last year, so she isn't really work savvy, yet."

"A nunnery is pretty steep work for nine years." Lourdes countered

"Then join one again."

"No thank you."

The floor above them, Jose was leaving his room hearing that dinner was about to be ready. Locking the door he headed to the stairs when he met with Cleone, who was also about to go down the stairs at the opposite end, coming from the palace's left wing. The two cancelled their plans and walked to the center of the railing.

"Jose"

"Cleone"

"It's 'Your Highness'"

"Oh really? Not 'shorty' or 'moro' or 'bast-" his insults were cut short by the presence of a gun pressed against his chest, Cleone's revolver.

"That's enough. Another word and you can kiss your position as Primo goodbye."

"Didn't know words offended you so, my king." despite his situation, he kept his smirk.

"It's not the words, it's the disrespect. One of these days, your mouth will get you in bigger trouble. Hopefully I'm the one that shuts it. You know I almost had you brought in, for the attack on the girls."

"How dare you think such a thing! Bastardo!" he stepped forward, but was repelled by Cleone cocking his gun.

He switched hands holding the gun, from his right to his left, raising his right hand and presenting his ring "Kiss it, and we can forget about this, for now. I wouldn't want to shoot you with the girls just below us."

Jose had no room to bargain and did as told. A smile and a nod from the king, he holstered his weapon. The two then headed down the stairs where Cleone greeted the girls as he descended "Well hello again, how goes things?"

Dining Hall
"Yeah, I can resonate with that. The pig is a fat animal, a lot of meat but a lot of fat as well, not my thing generally. When people literally just eat its fat, count me out. I like goat as well, used to help slaughter them as a child at my grand-uncle's farm. Chicken and beef is the superior meat however. And I've heard of you Kyrenaians and your tea, you drink it more than water." Marcello crossed his arms, watching as the staff was about to finish setting up, all they needed was to bring the food out. "Here, we obviously drink wine, a beer or two or three couldn't hurt. As you've seen, liquor is also a big thing. Here but not in the north though, they're really into beer. Generally, tea is remedial thing. Coffee is much more of a social drink."

Lobby.
As Giuseppina came towards her, Aurelia picked her up with a small heave, settling her onto her arm, smiling as she scratched the girl's nose softly - she made the experience, that this usually did wonders with kids her age. Giuseppina was just too cute!
She replied to Isabella: "Doing my own Service. We have a conscription ourselves and even Royalty is supposed to serve. I hope, that I'll be able to join the Police or the Coast Guard as a sheriff." She shrugged. "Would definately beat joining the 1st Armoured, like Auntie Rasha wants me to..."
That was, where she trailed off a bit, becoming aware of Cleone and Jose on the stairs, trying not to listen in, turned back to Isabella.
"After that, I'll study. Most likely, something in the direction of International Politics. Or, if my grades are good enough, Horse Medicine.", she shrugged, "In any case, I, too, will serve Kyrenaia, with diligence, strength and sense of duty."
Then, Cleone joined them. "Well hello again, how goes things?", he asked and Aurelia smiled.
"Wonderfully.", Aurelia said and adjusted Giuseppina slightly, "She's too cute to handle!"

Dining Hall.
Damir smiled.
"Indeed, for us, tea is... the more social drink.", he explained, "Coffee is actually drunken quite rarely, as is Beer. We do have spirits, though." He leaned over. "Tonight, when we finish up for the day, remind me to get the two of us some glasses and maybe one or two others and we'll have a bit of Aragh to let the day come to an end."
He grinned.
"I have a bottle in my bag.", he added.
RPing in MT and PT.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:36 am

Lobby

"Oh Princess, such an empowering woman, or girl, you are. The way to go! A strong female dedicated and with real ambitions." Isabella remarked "This country could use someone like you. Maybe loosen some things up here."

"Pst! Isabella," Cleone called her to attention and she turned her head "Di che cosa parla tu? Eh? Careful what you wish for. I don't want to be hosing down a crowd over idealistic intentions." Cleone said to his sister sternly, but his demeanor changed quickly as he turned around to Aurelia holding his niece "You are most right Princess, she is too cute to handle." he whistled and waved over a nearby maid "Where are the other children?"

Minerva, a young maid came by, curtsying to both royals "The others are their playroom with Francesca, Your Highness."

"Bene. Take Giuseppina there. Actually, dinner's almost ready. Take her to the others, then with Francesca bring them all over to the hall to their table." he turned to Aurelia "If you don't mind Princess." The maid nodded and proceeded to taking the toddler from Aurelia's arms, and the little girl waved goodbye to the adults, with her family waving goodbye back, for the moment.

"So," Jose chimed in, he walked up near Lourdes as the others talked, keeping silent until now "what are you girls doing after dinner? Just out of curiosity? Painting nails or whatever you do?" he chuckled a little, putting a hand on Lourdes' shoulder and her smacking it away.

Dining Hall
"Good thing you're not muslim, then we would have to bond over coffee or something. And please, Prince, do present this 'Aragh' to us after. The guys would love it. I can probably convince my father to join is a game of...how do they call it, billiards? We have a room for it. It's a fun casual time-killer, especially in the night."

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:54 am

"Oh Princess, such an empowering woman, or girl, you are. The way to go! A strong female dedicated and with real ambitions." Isabella remarked "This country could use someone like you. Maybe loosen some things up here."

"Pst! Isabella," Cleone called her to attention and she turned her head "Di che cosa parla tu? Eh? Careful what you wish for. I don't want to be hosing down a crowd over idealistic intentions." Cleone said to his sister sternly, but his demeanor changed quickly as he turned around to Aurelia holding his niece "You are most right Princess, she is too cute to handle." he whistled and waved over a nearby maid "Where are the other children?"

Minerva, a young maid came by, curtsying to both royals "The others are their playroom with Francesca, Your Highness."

"Bene. Take Giuseppina there. Actually, dinner's almost ready. Take her to the others, then with Francesca bring them all over to the hall to their table." he turned to Aurelia "If you don't mind Princess." The maid nodded and proceeded to taking the toddler from Aurelia's arms, and the little girl waved goodbye to the adults, with her family waving goodbye back, for the moment.

"So," Jose chimed in, he walked up near Lourdes as the others talked, keeping silent until now "what are you girls doing after dinner? Just out of curiosity? Painting nails or whatever you do?" he chuckled a little, putting a hand on Lourdes' shoulder and her smacking it away.

Dining Hall
"Good thing you're not muslim, then we would have to bond over coffee or something. And please, Prince, do present this 'Aragh' to us after. The guys would love it. I can probably convince my father to join is a game of...how do they call it, billiards? We have a room for it. It's a fun casual time-killer, especially in the night."

Lobby.
Aurelia caught a few of the words spoken in Italian, but not in the least everything - a few words at most. But still, she had blushed at the praise of Isabella.
Cleone's words sounded like words of caution, though, and if she was correct in her interpretation, she had to agree: Spirit had the possibility to do a lot of good, but if properly used, it would lead to good... in one form or the other.
Grand Vizier al-Zahir always cautioned them to not let the spirit overtake them, but to be calm and collected.
She handed the girl on her lap to the maid, waving her goodbye as well with a huge smile.
At the question of Jose, Aurelia turned to him: "I actually planned to have a peek at the library around here, see, if I can't get myself a book." She added in Italian, still not the best, quite rudimentary, but (hopefully) understandable: "I should use the chance to work on my language-skills."
She smiled, then turned to Lourdes and Isabella, switching back to English: "If you two have something planned, though, I might tag along, if you don't mind."

Dining Hall.
Damir grinned.
"Billiards? That sounds fun!", he said and nodded, "I'll bring the bottle. Though we should also get water, for Aragh has a high alcoholic content and is usually drunken a bit watered down." He smiled. "We use fermented raisins to make it, an interesting process."
He let a beat pass.
"Though I must admit, that chemistry wasn't my best subject in school...", he admitted sheepishly.
RPing in MT and PT.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:11 am

Dining Hall
"Ah, come on Prince. How high can the level be? Nothing wrong with a little raw alcohol...'down the hatch', as they say in English. Though I will admit, high alcohol doesn't taste good, at all. Maybe you do have a point."

Trays for the antipasta meats and cheeses were set on the table, a small bowl of salad for each plate, a plate fore each seat, fourteen in total on the main table. Bottles of wine and glasses were also set. A servant went to the doorway where a bell hung right next to it, pulling a rope the bell rung. Several times it was rung, signalling time for dinner.

"That's our queue. Actually, I'd wait for the others to come before we sit. Generally, men and women sit across from each other but you are more than welcome to sit next to your daughter."

Lobby
"Hmm..." Jose responded, "Maybe a bit more practice Princess." he said with a closed smile. Personally, he didn't speak Italian, but he understood and could speak if he really wanted to. However, many nobles of Spanish-descent chose to stay with their ancestral tongue, or Spanish-onlyists. Although Italian is enforced in every school, except in the province of Alemania, where it is optional.

"Well Princess, if the library is where you want to go, we have no trouble accompanying. Right Lourdes" Isabella said, turning to her cousin.

"Oh, sure. Hey, maybe a movie as well. Something to end the night on."

"Mmm..not a bad idea. It would way to end the day, calmly."

Just then, a guard walked from the door and spoke into Cleone's ear, to which he nodded to whatever he was being told. The guard looked to his colleague situated at the door and nodded. The latter guard understood and opened the door, in came Michele di Minore, Isabella's husband. A tallish man in his early thirties with short dark-brown hair and a slight stubble. He wore a jacket, hat, and held an umbrella, all wet from the rain. As he took it off, a maid cared for it and stored it away, underneath he wore a grey suit. The princess' eyes widened and she got up, nearly toppling him as she jumped on him, her mantilla falling to the ground.

"Where have you been stronzo?" she asked with a smile and a tear.

"On my way, charting a helicopter isn't easy. Neither is the security here. Understandable" letting her down and kissing her forehead.

Before anything else, a bell was rung from the dining hall. Down came the maids with the children, any remaining staff as well headed to the hall, luckily there's not that many in the night. Most of them at least, guards remained in their positions.

"Well, dinner is finally ready. After you all." he waited for the gang to get up and go.

They all proceeded to the hall(or should be), some greeting each other, notably Michele greeting his in-laws. The elder Cleone took the head seat, with his son Cleone to his left-hand, and his wife on his right-hand. After that, the Kyrenaian guests were invited to sit first and everyone else would fill in after.

The staff sat at their own tables, as did the children, who sat with their maids not far off.

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:17 am

Lux Pulchrae wrote:Dining Hall
"Ah, come on Prince. How high can the level be? Nothing wrong with a little raw alcohol...'down the hatch', as they say in English. Though I will admit, high alcohol doesn't taste good, at all. Maybe you do have a point."

Trays for the antipasta meats and cheeses were set on the table, a small bowl of salad for each plate, a plate fore each seat, fourteen in total on the main table. Bottles of wine and glasses were also set. A servant went to the doorway where a bell hung right next to it, pulling a rope the bell rung. Several times it was rung, signalling time for dinner.

"That's our queue. Actually, I'd wait for the others to come before we sit. Generally, men and women sit across from each other but you are more than welcome to sit next to your daughter."

Lobby
"Hmm..." Jose responded, "Maybe a bit more practice Princess." he said with a closed smile. Personally, he didn't speak Italian, but he understood and could speak if he really wanted to. However, many nobles of Spanish-descent chose to stay with their ancestral tongue, or Spanish-onlyists. Although Italian is enforced in every school, except in the province of Alemania, where it is optional.

"Well Princess, if the library is where you want to go, we have no trouble accompanying. Right Lourdes" Isabella said, turning to her cousin.

"Oh, sure. Hey, maybe a movie as well. Something to end the night on."

"Mmm..not a bad idea. It would way to end the day, calmly."

Just then, a guard walked from the door and spoke into Cleone's ear, to which he nodded to whatever he was being told. The guard looked to his colleague situated at the door and nodded. The latter guard understood and opened the door, in came Michele di Minore, Isabella's husband. A tallish man in his early thirties with short dark-brown hair and a slight stubble. He wore a jacket, hat, and held an umbrella, all wet from the rain. As he took it off, a maid cared for it and stored it away, underneath he wore a grey suit. The princess' eyes widened and she got up, nearly toppling him as she jumped on him, her mantilla falling to the ground.

"Where have you been stronzo?" she asked with a smile and a tear.

"On my way, charting a helicopter isn't easy. Neither is the security here. Understandable" letting her down and kissing her forehead.

Before anything else, a bell was rung from the dining hall. Down came the maids with the children, any remaining staff as well headed to the hall, luckily there's not that many in the night. Most of them at least, guards remained in their positions.

"Well, dinner is finally ready. After you all." he waited for the gang to get up and go.

They all proceeded to the hall(or should be), some greeting each other, notably Michele greeting his in-laws. The elder Cleone took the head seat, with his son Cleone to his left-hand, and his wife on his right-hand. After that, the Kyrenaian guests were invited to sit first and everyone else would fill in after.

The staff sat at their own tables, as did the children, who sat with their maids not far off.

Dining Hall.
Damir gave a small smile.
"Oh, if that is the local custom, Aurelia and I will happily do it as you do.", Damir said with a small bow. "Though, usually, for dinners with guests, we have guests and family members sitting mixed together, for example the Father at the Head of the Table, the Mother next to him, then a guest, one of the host's children, another guest and so on until we are at the Head of the Table again."
He smiled and waited for the the others to arrive.
"These small differences, in my opinion, make traveling worthwile.", he added.

Lobby.
Aurelia nodded at Isabella's and Lourdes' plan of a movie later tonight, after a short trip to the library. The words of Jose made her smile - sure, she needed more practice, but she interpreted it as being on the right way.
When someone came and Isabella tackle-hugged the man, she had to smile, turned to the side to give them a bit of privacy, then a bell rung and they departed for the dining room. There, Aurelia bee-lined for her father, Damir whispering something in Kyrenaian into her ear while the Patriarch took his head seat, Cleone to his left and his wife to his right.
Aurelia nodded, pecked her Father onto the cheek and almost skipped off, grinning.
Damir smiled fondly as she went for a seat next to the Queen Mother, Valencia de los Lagos.
"Good evening, Milady. Would You mind me claiming the seat next to You?", she asked politely.
Damir chuckled and went to a seat next to Cleone, sitting. "Good evening.", he said, then asked: "Any news?"
RPing in MT and PT.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:29 pm

Dining Hall
“If everywhere were the same, what would be the point of traveling, eh Prince? If you would like, remind me to explain the whole seating fiasco later, it’s simple but not now.” he told Damir as everyone came.

At her seat, the Queen Mother turned her head finding Princess Aurelia asking to sit next to her, “Hmm?” she smiled “Oh, of course you can Princess. More than welcome.” A quiet moment passed as they sat down, Valencia spoke up again “Did I strike any interest that you wish to sit next to me?” she smiled. Everyone was seated, Damir across from Aurelia, Marcello across from his aunt and Lourdes’ mother Maria, Jose from Lourdes, Michele from Isabella and sitting next to Michele was Pietro. Servants came around pouring wine, and giving Aurelia water.

“Good evening Damir. News? Relating in today’s little “lapse” in security? Perhaps best to leave it off of the dinner table for now.”

Then, a tapping of glass turned heads. The Adbicate King Cleone III, the father of all his children and the head of his household, had stood up raising his glass, and everyone followed “I would like to say a blessing, and hopefully for our guests my son is willing to translate” he said looking over to Cleone who nodded. Crossing himself, everyone did the same, every female put her mantilla on her head and every male that wore a cap or covered his head took his off “In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Lord we give You all our thanks for this day despite the...obstacle, we thank You for the saftery of all our daughters, may the the hearts of their mothers be filled with joy. Not only for this day, but the food, and the guests as well. Lord bless this meal and the hands that worked for it, and may we enjoy it. Amen

“Amen” everyone repeated crossing themselves once more. Mantillas were pulled down and hats still remained off because you don’t eat with a hat on. Everyone served themselves from the appetizer trays of meats and cheeses, with a small bowl of salad and pasta. The staff then came and placed bread baskets with with containers olive oil.

Between the noise of utensils and soft formal music, conversations also filled the room.

“So Prince, you enjoyed your little time with my brother in this hall? He wasn’t a bother?” Cleone asked with a smile as he sipped his wine.

“Now why would I ever be a bother? You’re the younger brother, you’re the most bothersome.”

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:12 am

Lux Pulchrae wrote:Dining Hall
“If everywhere were the same, what would be the point of traveling, eh Prince? If you would like, remind me to explain the whole seating fiasco later, it’s simple but not now.” he told Damir as everyone came.

At her seat, the Queen Mother turned her head finding Princess Aurelia asking to sit next to her, “Hmm?” she smiled “Oh, of course you can Princess. More than welcome.” A quiet moment passed as they sat down, Valencia spoke up again “Did I strike any interest that you wish to sit next to me?” she smiled. Everyone was seated, Damir across from Aurelia, Marcello across from his aunt and Lourdes’ mother Maria, Jose from Lourdes, Michele from Isabella and sitting next to Michele was Pietro. Servants came around pouring wine, and giving Aurelia water.

“Good evening Damir. News? Relating in today’s little “lapse” in security? Perhaps best to leave it off of the dinner table for now.”

Then, a tapping of glass turned heads. The Adbicate King Cleone III, the father of all his children and the head of his household, had stood up raising his glass, and everyone followed “I would like to say a blessing, and hopefully for our guests my son is willing to translate” he said looking over to Cleone who nodded. Crossing himself, everyone did the same, every female put her mantilla on her head and every male that wore a cap or covered his head took his off “In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Lord we give You all our thanks for this day despite the...obstacle, we thank You for the saftery of all our daughters, may the the hearts of their mothers be filled with joy. Not only for this day, but the food, and the guests as well. Lord bless this meal and the hands that worked for it, and may we enjoy it. Amen

“Amen” everyone repeated crossing themselves once more. Mantillas were pulled down and hats still remained off because you don’t eat with a hat on. Everyone served themselves from the appetizer trays of meats and cheeses, with a small bowl of salad and pasta. The staff then came and placed bread baskets with with containers olive oil.

Between the noise of utensils and soft formal music, conversations also filled the room.

“So Prince, you enjoyed your little time with my brother in this hall? He wasn’t a bother?” Cleone asked with a smile as he sipped his wine.

“Now why would I ever be a bother? You’re the younger brother, you’re the most bothersome.”

As the prayer was spoken, Aurelia quickly got out her own mantilla and placed it on her head (when in doubt, always follow the others lead), but did not pray along. Likewise, her father had lowered his head in respect.
The translation was appreciated and both needed it. Aurelia's Italian was not yet good enough to understand everything the oldest Cleone at the table said, but both appreciated the words.
After that was done and the merry eating began, Aurelia turned to Valencia and thought for a moment.
"Indeed you have.", she said and bowed her head lightly, "My Grandmother always tells me, that I should learn as much as I can, when I am abroad, especially when it comes to... well, women in position of power or close to it. To see differences, similarities, to learn lessons about it."

At the younger Cleone's words, Damir had nodded - understandable.
While he took bread after the prayer, though, he had to smile at the question of Cleone. "He was not a bother at all. In fact, he was a pleasant conversation partner.", he told the King, "We spoke about a few culinary things and plans for later in the evening. Your brother and I talked about coming together for a drink later, I have a bottle of Aragh upstairs - if you wish, I would not minding you joining us."
RPing in MT and PT.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:23 am

“Ah, va bene, I see now.” she took the cloth napkin and wiped her lips “Your nonna wants you observe ‘women of power’, or close to it. Does she expect you to sit in a powerful chair? There are no women like your grandmother here Princess. The last one was, hmm-“ her memory escaped her as she tried to remember the last time they had a queen. She turned to her husband “Cleone, who was the last queen?

My mother, why?” he said as he ate his food

No bufone, the last queen to rule?

“Ah, ok” Swallowing his food and grabbing his wine glass he searched his memory as well “Marionetta d’Ofidiani, consorted by Luca Strazi di Vilalio

Turning back to Aurelia with the information she continued “Marionetta d’Ofidiani was the last queen almost two-hundred years ago. You probably would like her. Strong feministic symbol type woman. I’m assuming you like that, girls today are so strange...not saying that you are strange Princess. She was not in the sense of replacing men like women today try to do, they replace men so much some of them are even gay.” she said not knowing the situational irony “However, she was a headstrong queen that knew what she wanted. Here, the only ‘position of power’ a woman carries, even me, is that of a mother. The most powerful person in the nation, my son. He is my king, yet I am his mother and he is my son. That is the most powerful position a woman can have. Jesus has Mary, imagine God was your son, yet you are His mother. Constantine had Elena. And Cleone has me. Until he has his own family!” she said the last part a bit loud enough for her son to hear, taking Cleone’s attention.

He gave a look of confusion as if asking “what?”, but she gave a small dismissive wave. “Oh I have reached the age where I just want grandchildren, uh I sound so old. But back to my little ‘lesson’, you want to be a powerful woman? Be a mother. Even when I was queen, I did little but sit, smile, and be a good wife.” she finished and went back to her plate.

On the other side were the boys “Prince, you’re inviting me to a drink in my own home?” He raised his brow “A host would see it as rude. But I pardon you.” Cleone chuckled.

“We were planning a billiard game with the others. Or, we were going to tell the others, after the dinner.” Marcello responded

“Ah, I like me a game, maybe the others also. So Prince Damir, just one bottle?” Cleone smiled.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates