NATION

PASSWORD

Sinope Harbour Festival (IC, MT)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kyrenaia
Senator

Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:41 am

Polish Prussian Commonwealth wrote:
Kyrenaia wrote:Fadia looked at Erika as if she had asked, if water was wet.
What she put into her locker was of little interest to the Kyrenaian Princess (who placed two daggers in there herself), but the procedures to a Hammam were normal knowledge for a Kyrenaian!
...which was the point, for a Kyrenaian. Erika was not a Kyrenaian.
"Nothing.", Fadia replied with a smile, taking off her own pants before she held out a wicker basket to Erika, where a blue, silken towel waited. "Or, alternatively, one of these."
She took one of the baskets for herself, took the towel out and the clothing in before wrapping the towel around her naked form.

Erika grabbed a towel, went into a bathroom stall((OOC: I'm assuming there are bathrooms...)) and began to change.
After a few minutes, she came back out, her feldbluse folded and rolled up into her jackboots...save for her belt, which was fastened around the towel to prevent it from slipping.
Answering Fadia's (presumed) odd look, she shrugged. "First, I don't mind getting my belt wet. Second, I'm not interested in accidentally showing off my almost-nonexistent mammaries to either your family or mine, fair enough?"

Fadia, who had raised her eyebrow, smiled.
She herself was blessed with relatively large mammarial glands - not of the size of her big sis or of Princesses Dschamilla or Aurelia, but they were not small. This insecurity in a kid was almost adorable, though, she thought, as she wrapped a towel around herself.
"Fair enough.", she said and nodded, before leaning over and whispering to Erika: "I know a few tricks to make them larger, though."
With that, she motioned for her to follow her and left the changing room for the Hot Room.

Aurora Confederacy wrote:
Lillorainen wrote:Oh, right - Ingmar thought, hearing the clerk's small tip, only bars and restaurants are concerned. Good morning ...
Ratko nodded. "Mayazal ..." - he repeated, "I'm trying to keep that in mind. Three doors down, you say? Then, it cannot be that hard to find. Anyways, thank you very much, sir, and may the Profit be with you!" He grinned.
Ingmar said, more to Ratko, Merle, and Zoe, "Well, if it's like that, we may as well go over and stock up our supplies, eh?"
Merle nodded. "I suppose so. If Micky is indeed ready to receive the delivery, then we won't be in a hurry. Or what do you say, Zoe?"

"Thanks, we will..." replies Zoe, pulling out a five barqas note, "...oh have you got a couple of bones too, can't leave Jax out of things" Zoe then turns to the Lillo's,
"well I don't want to clear you out, and as I am providing a barby its only fair that I cater for drinks as well, and with Micky taking the delivery then we should be able to meander through the town without gaving to worry about the food going off in the heat" replied Zoe, polite as always, "...plus its nice to try some of the local stuff"

Once outside, Zoe turned to Micky, "we shouldn't be too long but we'll probably be loaded up when we return"

"okay no problem. Give me a call when you're on your way back so I can get a brew on" Micky replied, placing Jax on to the pavement before standing up, "I'll walk Jax back too, it will give you a free pair of hands"

"see you in a bit Micky" Zoe then turned to Ingmar, Merle and Ratko "any preference?" she asked as Micky headed back to the little Luna Mysteria with Jax following on a leash.

"So how did you get to hear about the festival the guys?" Zoe asks, now free of a feline companion as her girlfriend is now walking him back to the small boat.

On the way back to the Luna, Micky kept to the main street that followed the shoreline to the harbour, Jax occasionally jumping up onto the wall and walking along side Micky, other times he runs close to the wall using it quite cleverly as a means to shield himself against anything that he thinks may be harmful to him, yet as soon as Micky stops at the entrance to the harbour to pull out id to say that she has a reason to be on the marina's residential area due to where the Luna and the larger Milenka are moored, Jax stops and sits down as he patiently waits for Micky to begin moving again.

Aboard Luna Mysteria
Micky steps calmly aboard and unlocks the boat then steps inside taking in the cool of the boat's interior where she closes the door behind her to enable her to unclip the leash before returning to the deck. Eyeing up the aft deck Micky pauses for a moment before releasing the relavant winch and letting out the rope, once the rope was let out off the winch Micky pushes the boom to one side before taking a second mooring line from a locker under the seat and quickly ties a knot before looping it around the mast and then tieing the other end to a mooring eye on the boat resulting in the mast tied off to one side.

'hmm fly the ensign proud' she thinks and goes inside to get an Auroran flag before returning to the deck and securing the flag to a signalling hallyard and begins to hoist the Auroran ensign high up, casting the blue diamond high over the marina as it flies in the breeze opposite the curtesy flag already being flown.

The meat delivery simply followed Micky and Jax, the young apprentice carrying the cooler bags with ease. One could see, that he was not pumping up his muscles, but honestly training, as he delivered the meat delivery to the Mysteria shortly after the flag had been raised.
He smiled, handed everything over with little ceremony, collected a signature for their own documents and was off again. A few trimmings for the cat were in the bag as well, on the house.
Mayazal was another family-owned shop, this one filled to the brim with liquors and other alcoholic beverages of nearly all origins and ingredients, from Selkie-Whiskey to Kyrenaian Doggy Aragh, from Lillo-Beer to Ales and wines from Lutetii, to more exotic things like mango and pineapple spirits and even a few brands of date spirit.
A shelf with un-alcoholic beverages was present as well, with lemonades, water and other such things, accompanied by a smaller shelf with books about Kyrenaian spirits in Kyrenaian and English, basically tourist guides.
The staff was there in a number of four, three young women (one looking young enough to not be allowed to drink what she sold herself), and a guy at the register, who seemed jolly enough. The three girls were running around, adjusting the bottles in the shelves, filling up holes and doing all sorts of things, but were available for questions as well.
All in all, it was a good shop with a good selection and not too full either.

Shamsiyya wrote:"That, again, sounds like our Water Polo Cup" - said Layla, "where each canton sends its own team in. When this came into being, in the mid-1940s, it was a simple knock-out mode lasting four rounds - we only had sixteen cantons back then, so it was eight-on-eight, then four-on-four, and so on. Of course, the mode, then, needed to be changed everytime a new canton was created out of the Federal Territories; today, we have twenty-nine cantons, as you might know. One of the officials once stated, that, if we either expand by having three new territories joining us, or split up three existing ones, we would have thirty-two and could even play the original mode again - just with five rounds this time."
She took a sip, too.
"Then again, it's more of a fringe sport, compared to football and various different variants of target shooting - or darts." She grinned, as it was just fitting right now. "We usually follow a bog-standard league tier structure that includes championships on both cantonal and national level."

Maryam nodded, still having to grin - indeed, that ship had sailed (no pun intended).
"Three each should be fine" - she said. "If we don't have a clear winner then, the two leading ones just have to decide by an extra throw."
She stepped aside.

"Oh, there are ten Old Academies and it will be ten until the end of time itself.", Atif said, "It gets fun with the Young Academies, boarding schools like mine, which usually need to qualify before they can enter such contests... we do have a football league as well, though."
He let a beat pass.
"One question, though, when you say football, you mean the one with the round ball, eleven people plus three referee-blokes, and so on, right?", he added.

The other two teens nodded in agreement, their proposal being accepted.
The second teen stepped up and did as carefully as during his second throw... and nailed it!
Not directly in the centre, but still close enough to be considered for the full points - he grinned. "Well, that should make the competition interesting again!", he said.

The Chuck wrote:After paying, Alexander picked up the tins of tobacco and walked out the door after saying thank you to Mister Yatabarae and his two assistants. Walking down the wharf he took a moment to open one of the tins and fill his pipe. Lighting it, he inhaled and was met with a very smooth and pleasant taste. Smiling he walked down the wharf in search of the Merchant Navy of Kyrenaia. As he walked along he started singing a cleaner version of Yarmouth Town while puffing away on his pipe.

The Merchant Navy had three major places in Sinope: One was the Merchant Navy Academy, which stood over the Small Basin, clearly visible for everyone and a good place to start. A better place to start, however, was the Merchant Navy Harbour Office, a relatively modest structure established in a sandstone building by the promenade. In times long past, it had been a warehouse.
The third place was a small yard, which serviced vessels of the Merchant Navy.
Entering brought one to an information desk, at which an office lady sat and worked on her computer... on a game of Kyrenaian Chess.

AHSCA wrote:"Aye Aye, Captain!" She cheerfully responded yet again. Captain Aurelia how she loved how it sounded. Hopefully soon enough the two would get to be Captain and First Mate upon the high seas together. How enjoyable it would be. But in the meantime "Oh yes, I'd love to!" She then turned to the others from The Scarlet Eagle knowing they were about to leave. She as happy to have met them but she was glad again she'd get some more time with Aurelia. "Gentlemen it's been truly wonderful to make your acquaintance. Let's talk more later okay?" She bid them a fond farewell. Returning her attention to Aurelia again. She extend her hand "Milady, if you'll lead on. Oh I'm sorry. Captain, let's board!"

Asuna relaxed after being all carried away by the handsome man asking her on a date and giving her a nice rub. "Ah go on, you've been the perfect gentlemen so far. You know if medicine turns out to not be your calling, you do have good touch as a massage artist. But that's just me. "

Aurelia grinned.
"Come, Marcella, we'll have to prep her anyway!", she said and took her hand, nodding to the older gentlemen in respect. "See ya, Peter!"
And with that, she went off, down the stairs and back onto dry shore - however, that did not last long as right opposite to the Aurelia, the familiar cat yawl was moored, together with a stout and firm guard.
Aldhiyb yapped as the two came towards him and the Harira in all her gigantic and majestic glory of six metres.
Aurelia kissed her Sand Wolf onto his head, then grinned at Marcella. "Come aboard!", she asked of her.
Marcella knew the Harira already, but Aurelia could not help but feel excited again, just like on that day in the UIS.

Atif smiled sadly.
"Thank you for the compliment, but...", he began and swallowed, blushing lightly, "...a perfect gentleman would be more professional then I am at the moment, Asuna."
What could he do? He was a young man massaging an attractive woman!

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:Peter, Frank, Thomas and Joe, seeing that Aurelia and Marcella wanted some alone time, excused themselves from the two young women.
"Well then, says the former Emperor, we'll leave you two to your affairs. See you later. Angels, on me!
-Aye Aye Sir! reply the other three before Frank takes out his smartphone and calls their bodyguards, asking them to meet them at the end of the gangway.
And so, a few minutes later, the four old men and the Elven Squad step out of the Aurelia, and start their discovery of Sinope.

The eight men would be surprised to find a young woman at the foot of the gangplank leading onto the quay, dressed in a black-red sailor suit. She had golden eyes and blonde hair, a red tassel in her hair.
"Emperor Peter Blachkov and company?", she asked in a professional tone, "Able Sailor Rasha Quadir, Aide-de-Camp to Crown-Prince Ilia, Lord-Commander of the Navy. The same, who invites you on a cuppa tea aboard the Sayarfur, if it pleases their majesties and excellencies."
The last was accompanied by a small bow.

Kuronami wrote:
Kyrenaia wrote:Mahmut thought for but a moment.
“Just call me Mahmut, please.”, he requested of Yuki and raised a finger, “But only if I may call you Yuki.”
Shirin smiled. Yuki was an adorable girl, she would not mind being the sempai to her kohai, the elder student guiding, tutoring the younger. Who knew, maybe they could give her a taste of what it meant to be a Kyrenaian Handmaiden...
But that was for the future to consider.

"Okay then, Mahmut it is" She cheerfully replied. "Who knows, we get close enough I could even call you Mahmut-kun. Aha just a joke, I kid I kid. Yes I will call you Mahmut as you do insist upon it."

"Aww so nice to see a Prince who can be informal" Yuzu agreed. "The three of you will have fun. Especially Shirin and Yuki who can talk shop. And I'll be in ship heaven watching the parade go by."

"Ah I guess I'll mostly be along for the ride. But we'll meet up again later, Yuki." Haru responded.

"Sure thing, Haru. Are you sure you two really don't want to come along?"

"Nah we'll be fine."

"Well Actually...Prince....Mahmut...." Haru began "Perhaps you and I might accompany together? Share in company I mean. Yuki-cha and Shirin can enjoy each other's company as fellow maidens and maybe I might become better aquainted with you? Yuzu is more of the sea and ship otaku compare to me. Sorry, Yuzu, I don't want to leave you feeling alone but I just figure I might enjoy the time more if I can spend it with some company."

"Ah oh well, that's fine Haru. I'm sure I'll find others to nerd out about the ships with. So I'm okay if we all want to meet up again later. We have plenty of time here after all."

"I think that's settled." Yuki nodded. They turned to Mahmut to see if he would give his blessing for the arrangement.

Ilia smiled at Yuzu.
"I would offer you a spot on the Sayarfur, but sadly, we will be leading, so I can't imagine, that we'll have a good view...", he admitted, before he had an idea, "If you want, I could use my excellent connections to my brother to maybe get you onto the Aurelia?" He grinned. "He loves to have pretty young women on his ship, too, so I doubt, that he would refuse the request of his dearest older brother."
After a moment, he added: "Either her or on a replica of the World's First Aircraft Carrier."

Mahmut smiled at Haru.
"Sure, I would love to.", he said and raised a hand, "But under one condition: Please call me Mahmut as well." He leaned slightly forward. "If you are not a ship-otaku, what would you like to see? I might not be as well-acquainted with Sinope the with for example Utica, but I know my way around!"

Shirin smiled at Yuki, thinking for a moment or two...
"Say, you're staying for a while, right?", she asked and leaned forward slightly - would Yuki have been a boy, there would have been an excellent view - as she was a girl, Shirin figured, the view was still excellent, but in a different way. A sort of preview. "Would you be interested in getting a few lessons in being a Kyrenaian Handmaiden?"
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 09, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:47 am

The eight men would be surprised to find a young woman at the foot of the gangplank leading onto the quay, dressed in a black-red sailor suit. She had golden eyes and blonde hair, a red tassel in her hair.
"Emperor Peter Blachkov and company?", she asked in a professional tone, "Able Sailor Rasha Quadir, Aide-de-Camp to Crown-Prince Ilia, Lord-Commander of the Navy. The same, who invites you on a cuppa tea aboard the Sayarfur, if it pleases their majesties and excellencies."
The last was accompanied by a small bow.

As Peter was checking one of his pistols magazines, his train of thought is stopped by a young woman calling him and his friends, introducing herself as Prince Ilia's Aide-de-Camp.
"Good morning Sailor Quadir, replies the former Emperor. So the Lord Commander wants to meet us, eh? What do you think of it Guys? he asks to his friends.
-I don't see anything wrong with it, replies Joe with a small smirk. Just be sure that the tea is cold with a touch of lemon.
-Same for me, add Frank and and Thomas.
-Well then Miss, says Peter as he turns back to Rasha, lead the way! By the way, aren't you guys hot with your balacs and helmets? he asks to their bodyguards.
-Well, yes, your Majesty, replies Elven 1, before he takes off his helpet and balaclava,followed by the rest of his Squad, revealing a man with red hair and brown eyes for Elven 1, blonde hair and gree eyes for Elven 2, and black hair and blue eyes for Elven 3 (Elven 4, for reminder, is an African-American). With that done, the four Scarlet Rangers put their berets on their heads, before following their bosses and Quadir to the Sayarfur.
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
A 1.1428571429 civilization, according to this one
I don't use NS stats

Change rate
: 1 Imperial Dollar = 1.86 NSD

Embassy Program

Shamsiyya
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Shamsiyya » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:25 am

Kyrenaia wrote:"Oh, there are ten Old Academies and it will be ten until the end of time itself.", Atif said, "It gets fun with the Young Academies, boarding schools like mine, which usually need to qualify before they can enter such contests... we do have a football league as well, though."
He let a beat pass.
"One question, though, when you say football, you mean the one with the round ball, eleven people plus three referee-blokes, and so on, right?", he added.

The other two teens nodded in agreement, their proposal being accepted.
The second teen stepped up and did as carefully as during his second throw... and nailed it!
Not directly in the centre, but still close enough to be considered for the full points - he grinned. "Well, that should make the competition interesting again!", he said.

"Oh yes, of course - ninety minutes plus possible additional time, eleven players each team, and just like the cake, the offsite rule is a lie." Layla grinned, hoping, that Atif would get the Portal reference. "Kurat alqadam. Football. In some parts of the world also called 'soccer' for whatever reason."
She let a beat pass.
"And of course, the number of the Old Academies won't change - otherwise, they wouldn't be the old ones anymore. And it's proven - five Ilkhanates, two academies each for boys and girls. An easy and logical system, and that's something Shamsiyya doesn't have much tradition of ... you know, a reason why organized sports are a relatively recent development where I'm from, is that the structure of our state used to be awfully complex."
She took a sip.
"You see, something that fascinates most of us about Kyrenaia is the simple administrative structure that hasn't been changed a lot most of the time. Five Ilkhanates, some territories immediate to the Sultanate, each Ilkhanate consisting of a handful of Khanates and some territories immediate to the Ilkhanates. That's it - every child gets through this. You guys aren't really fully aware how spoiled you are." She grinned. "For most of the time, the Shamsiyyan Sultanate had a complex system of a few Ilkhanates and Khanates, many Caliphates, lots of Emirates and Sheikhdoms, Free Cities as well as the Sultan's Territories. It is quite fascinating for me as a student, or almost ex-student of Linguistics and History, but obviously frustrating for Middle School students in History classes. And that structure effectively prevented us from developing a proper league tier system for sports before the FSPR became a thing."
And with that, she was revealed as a know-it-all ... but maybe, it wasn't even that bad? After all, honesty was important, too ...

Maryam nodded in approval, too - although it wouldn't be easy for her to make full points right now, it wasn't entirely impossible, either. She took the second before last dart as well as a deep breath. Then, she rose it to height of her face, carefully kissed the pointy thing, aimed, concentrated ...
And threw.
The dart hit the center, closely. Unbelievable.
Full points!
That meant, that there would most certainly be a decision between her and the first teen, as they now had the equal number of points.
Gods, how damn exciting!
The last dart would have to be thrown by the other teen who was, thanks to his bad luck in the beginning, hopelessly behind them regarding points, but a final throw was a final throw.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:27 am

Kyrenaia wrote:Fara almost broke out laughing at the antics of Sabin and Edgar, reminded so much of herself and Fara - truly, siblings were the same no matter where!
Indeed, ogling would not be appreciated, but if it came to that... even without a dagger, Fara could still make it quite clear, what she thought of it! But she wouldn't need to, she felt, after all, if Aceus was anything to go by, they were above ogling.
Or at least trained to be.
And speaking of which.
"Aceus-Malik.", she greeted in the same style of his rather cold appellation of 'Princess Fara'. She listened to the conversation with one of two halves of her brain, the other half was occupied with taking in the delicious sight in front of her... indeed, it was much like during the Hammam-visit all those months ago... he was also more self-confident, now knowing, what the deal of a Hammam was.
She quickly gathered, that he left the initiative to her.
She thought for a moment, then motioned for him to sit next to her.
Once he did, she leaned over, kissing him softly onto the cheek. "Hello, Aceus... we have much to discuss, but that can wait for a minute or two. For now...", she said and smiled softly, "...tell me, how are you? Were Mother and Father nice?"
She inspected him for a moment.
"I don't see any missing limbs, so I take, that it went well?", she asked, trying to make a joke, before her eyes fell onto his groin-region. "Unless Mother made her words of emasculating you into reality, that is..."

Aceus had initially lead out with formality, for politeness was always valued in situations where he wasn't sure about himself, but by the intimate greeting (or what Aceus perceived as intimate, one doesn't kiss people they hate after all), he seemed to melt in the heat. Fully relaxing himself, the stoic visage of a statesman faded to an almost coy and mischevious grin. "Much better now, that questions were answered. Your Father and mother were nice, as was Okan and Dilara-Khana." the Dancerian king explained, allowing himself to relax and just so happened allow his hands to be close enough, should Fara decide to clasp them. "You should have told me that they were swordsmen and women! However, I was impressed with their skill, so much so that I wished to spar with them, of which they accepted." he would tilt his head and face her, shifting his body to allow himself a more comfortable seat. "Don't worry, it's from one sportsman to a sportswoman, neither your Lady Mother nor Dilara-Khana went for such low hanging fruit."

The Dancerian king was initially surprised at his initial impression on Princess Fara, he'd figured that they frequented the Hammam enough to not be impressed at the sight of slightly-unclad men or women. Perhaps it was the fact he seemed to have lost some weight and gained muscle, of which was Erika's doing. She may not have initially liked Erika, but the rambunctious child forced Aceus to maintain the sleek athletic build of a swimmer and climber, and the gradually broadening musculature of a budding fighter. There would only be one champion pillow-fighter in the Elurion Household, and Aceus was well and truly certain to maintain that title. However, Aceus was certain to press the advantage that Fara unknowingly gave him. The towel around his waist unfastened enough for Fara's gaze to realize that his musculature strayed slightly further than his stomach, whilst Aceus maintained a rather innocent alibi, as he all too soon refastened the towel with mild irritation, perhaps leaving the strand tight enough to prevent it from completely slipping off but enough to allow for some movement.

"But when and if the sparring session occurs, they'll not find my steel wanting." Aceus continued, hoping that the Bard's words would see him through this day. If Fara intended to break up with Aceus, she wasn't giving any of the usual signals, at least as far as Dancerian courtship goes. Or at the very least, make the prospect as unwanted as possible for her. As the Ilkhana and Khana said, Aceus was apparently a fine piece of meat, and he intended to use every advantage he could get. He wouldn't get another opportunity.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

AHSCA
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 08, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby AHSCA » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:46 am

Kyrenaia wrote:Aurelia grinned.
"Come, Marcella, we'll have to prep her anyway!", she said and took her hand, nodding to the older gentlemen in respect. "See ya, Peter!"
And with that, she went off, down the stairs and back onto dry shore - however, that did not last long as right opposite to the Aurelia, the familiar cat yawl was moored, together with a stout and firm guard.
Aldhiyb yapped as the two came towards him and the Harira in all her gigantic and majestic glory of six metres.
Aurelia kissed her Sand Wolf onto his head, then grinned at Marcella. "Come aboard!", she asked of her.
Marcella knew the Harira already, but Aurelia could not help but feel excited again, just like on that day in the UIS.

Coming aboard the Harira again felt like coming home almost. Even though Marcella had only seen it once she had committed every detail to her memory because hopefully one day it would be another vessel for her and Aurelia to work together. She smiled turning to Aurelia "It's just as cozy and quaint as I remember. Perfect."

Kyrenaia wrote:Atif smiled sadly.
"Thank you for the compliment, but...", he began and swallowed, blushing lightly, "...a perfect gentleman would be more professional then I am at the moment, Asuna."

"Aw come on, it's fine." Aurelia really wasn't sure why he felt that way, maybe he had a few thoughts, but he could hardly be faulted for that. "I wasn't totally lying when I said I serve in Her Majesty's Forces. I do. I guess you could call me Special Forces in a sense." She'd give him the full details a little later, again when they were in a more private setting. "Naturally I've been roughed up by quite a few men and women a like. So trust me, you're doing fine." She turned her head to face him, parting the hair from her eyes and giving him a gentle look of sympathy.

Lillorainen
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lillorainen » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:12 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:
Aurora Confederacy wrote:"Thanks, we will..." replies Zoe, pulling out a five barqas note, "...oh have you got a couple of bones too, can't leave Jax out of things" Zoe then turns to the Lillo's,
"well I don't want to clear you out, and as I am providing a barby its only fair that I cater for drinks as well, and with Micky taking the delivery then we should be able to meander through the town without gaving to worry about the food going off in the heat" replied Zoe, polite as always, "...plus its nice to try some of the local stuff"

Once outside, Zoe turned to Micky, "we shouldn't be too long but we'll probably be loaded up when we return"

"okay no problem. Give me a call when you're on your way back so I can get a brew on" Micky replied, placing Jax on to the pavement before standing up, "I'll walk Jax back too, it will give you a free pair of hands"

"see you in a bit Micky" Zoe then turned to Ingmar, Merle and Ratko "any preference?" she asked as Micky headed back to the little Luna Mysteria with Jax following on a leash.

"So how did you get to hear about the festival the guys?" Zoe asks, now free of a feline companion as her girlfriend is now walking him back to the small boat.

On the way back to the Luna, Micky kept to the main street that followed the shoreline to the harbour, Jax occasionally jumping up onto the wall and walking along side Micky, other times he runs close to the wall using it quite cleverly as a means to shield himself against anything that he thinks may be harmful to him, yet as soon as Micky stops at the entrance to the harbour to pull out id to say that she has a reason to be on the marina's residential area due to where the Luna and the larger Milenka are moored, Jax stops and sits down as he patiently waits for Micky to begin moving again.

Aboard Luna Mysteria
Micky steps calmly aboard and unlocks the boat then steps inside taking in the cool of the boat's interior where she closes the door behind her to enable her to unclip the leash before returning to the deck. Eyeing up the aft deck Micky pauses for a moment before releasing the relavant winch and letting out the rope, once the rope was let out off the winch Micky pushes the boom to one side before taking a second mooring line from a locker under the seat and quickly ties a knot before looping it around the mast and then tieing the other end to a mooring eye on the boat resulting in the mast tied off to one side.

'hmm fly the ensign proud' she thinks and goes inside to get an Auroran flag before returning to the deck and securing the flag to a signalling hallyard and begins to hoist the Auroran ensign high up, casting the blue diamond high over the marina as it flies in the breeze opposite the curtesy flag already being flown.

The meat delivery simply followed Micky and Jax, the young apprentice carrying the cooler bags with ease. One could see, that he was not pumping up his muscles, but honestly training, as he delivered the meat delivery to the Mysteria shortly after the flag had been raised.
He smiled, handed everything over with little ceremony, collected a signature for their own documents and was off again. A few trimmings for the cat were in the bag as well, on the house.
Mayazal was another family-owned shop, this one filled to the brim with liquors and other alcoholic beverages of nearly all origins and ingredients, from Selkie-Whiskey to Kyrenaian Doggy Aragh, from Lillo-Beer to Ales and wines from Lutetii, to more exotic things like mango and pineapple spirits and even a few brands of date spirit.
A shelf with un-alcoholic beverages was present as well, with lemonades, water and other such things, accompanied by a smaller shelf with books about Kyrenaian spirits in Kyrenaian and English, basically tourist guides.
The staff was there in a number of four, three young women (one looking young enough to not be allowed to drink what she sold herself), and a guy at the register, who seemed jolly enough. The three girls were running around, adjusting the bottles in the shelves, filling up holes and doing all sorts of things, but were available for questions as well.

While Micky brought Jax to the Luna Mysteria, where she would wait for the deliveryman (not too long, as it later would turn out), the three Lillo-sailors and Zoe walked over to the liquor store named Mayazal, located 'three doors down' - which would have been a nice name for a rock band, but sadly, it was indeed taken.
Ingmar had heard about that coincidentally, from a few other sailors during an extensive pub night near Preetz Harbor; several others had considered coming here, too, but ultimately had not found the time. Ingmar, on the other hand, had taken the opportunity for a vacation trip with the Milenka, and Ratko and Merle had found time, too. This, he told Zoe on the way to the store.
The store, indeed, had numerous brands of different drinks from pretty much all countries the Sultanate traded with - including the Federation. And, of course, the local drinks, like Doggy Aragh, which they wanted to try.
Naturally, Ingmar, Ratko, and Merle, who smiled and nodded, greeting, as they entered, had a look at the selection of beer brands from their own country; at a first glance, they noticed, that they were clearly prioritizing quality in here, all of them renowned and popular in the Lillöer-Archipelago.
While Ratko took a six-pack of his favorite brand, Duvnjačko Pivo, and another one of Jörzenich-Kronberg Pils, another popular brand (both were owned and brewed by Rottscheid Bräu Ltd.), in order to add them to their reserves and to let Zoe and Micky have a try later on (if they wished), Ingmar and Merle had a look at the less common drinks - from a Lillo point of view - they had to offer. Merle, who had a look into one of the tourist guide books while also taking some water and lemonade, calculated the prices into Marks and noticed, one more time, that foreign high-quality spirits still were way too expensive in Lillorainen (there were reports on Selkie-Tourists fainting when seeing the prices for what they considered absolute minimum standard). But from what was told, there was a good chance to see this changing a bit in the near future.
Ingmar already had a look at the bottles themselves; it was amusing how he tried to look like an expert despite having a rough idea at best.
Ratko asked Zoe, "So, what would you prefer?"
Since Lillorainen's geography is currently being overhauled a 'tiny' bit, most information on it posted before December 12, 2018, is not entirely reliable anymore. Until there's a new, proper factfile, everything you might need to know can be found here. Thank you. #RetconOfDoom (Very late update, 2020/08/30 - it's still going on ...)

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Founded: May 14, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:13 pm

Micky was on the aft deck when the food was delivered whilst jax was taking advantage of the cool of the forward cabin so as the delivery boy stepped aboard Micky looked up "heya, welcome aboard, can you put the delivery on the table inside the cabin please" she says with a smile.

The cabin of the Luna Mysteria was accessed by a flight of 3 steps and initially was quite dark although that is more to do with the workings of the human eye being adjusted to the bright sunlight of a kyrenaian day but once adjusted to the shade of the cabin of the Luna Mysteria the beauty of the Luna becomes visible with the central oak table being a focal point of the cabin with 3 doors ahead with the one that leads into the bedroom being open, the others which lead into the bathroom and shower areas being closed. Jax was quite content curled up on the sofa and although the food delivery person was new he was quite happy to lie down and let the world go by. On the bulkhead and cabin walls were various photos from Zoe's maritime past including a photo of a large container ship and a large roll on-roll off ferry

"Just there please" says Micky, before checking off the delivery, after which she signed the delivery note then pulled out a 5 barqa note, "this is for you" she says with a smile, back home in the Aurora confederacy it is customary to tip service staff like food delivery drivers, waiters/waitresses etc.

Once the delivery boy had left, Micky began to put the food away by stowing the lamb legs in the freezer and putting the diced meat and barbeque food in the fridge ready for when Zoe returns and begins to start to cook although it was during this process that the additional cat snacks were spotted, Micky smiled "JAX!.." she shouted, "Jaaax!" waving one of the treats. This got Jax's attention and so he let out a half bothered meow, then lifted his ears and opened his eyes as wide as they will go when he saw it was a treat before jumping onto the table as Micky handed him the treat.

Once the treat was in his mouth he leapt down onto the floor and went up forward into Zoe and Micky's bedroom, climbed under the covers and began to chew the treat, needless to say there may well be itchy bits on the bedding tonight and from the living area where Micky was standing there is a notably cat sized hump in the duvet on her bed.

At the Liquor store
(having to edit thanks to being post ninjad)
The store, indeed, had numerous brands of different drinks from pretty much all countries the Sultanate traded with - including the Federation. And, of course, the local drinks, like Doggy Aragh, which they wanted to try.
Naturally, Ingmar, Ratko, and Merle, who smiled and nodded, greeting, as they entered, had a look at the selection of beer brands from their own country; at a first glance, they noticed, that they were clearly prioritizing quality in here, all of them renowned and popular in the Lillöer-Archipelago.
While Ratko took a six-pack of his favorite brand, Duvnjačko Pivo, and another one of Jörzenich-Kronberg Pils, another popular brand (both were owned and brewed by Rottscheid Bräu Ltd.), in order to add them to their reserves and to let Zoe and Micky have a try later on (if they wished), Ingmar and Merle had a look at the less common drinks - from a Lillo point of view - they had to offer. Merle, who had a look into one of the tourist guide books while also taking some water and lemonade, calculated the prices into Marks and noticed, one more time, that foreign high-quality spirits still were way too expensive in Lillorainen (there were reports on Selkie-Tourists fainting when seeing the prices for what they considered absolute minimum standard). But from what was told, there was a good chance to see this changing a bit in the near future.
Ingmar already had a look at the bottles themselves; it was amusing how he tried to look like an expert despite having a rough idea at best.

Turning to Ratko, "two bottles of medium vodka, a few cans of European style lager please and some pineapple spirit, that sounds kinda exotic" she replies before turning to Merle

"you look shocked at something" she asks
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
All storefronts can be found here In my factbook
Factbook: new factbook under construction
RP'sLife in Barentsburg RP ooc
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.
Aurora Confederacy is proud to be a member of the Astyria Region

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Polish Prussian Commonwealth
Senator

Founded: Oct 30, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Polish Prussian Commonwealth » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:39 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:
Polish Prussian Commonwealth wrote:Erika grabbed a towel, went into a bathroom stall((OOC: I'm assuming there are bathrooms...)) and began to change.
After a few minutes, she came back out, her feldbluse folded and rolled up into her jackboots...save for her belt, which was fastened around the towel to prevent it from slipping.
Answering Fadia's (presumed) odd look, she shrugged. "First, I don't mind getting my belt wet. Second, I'm not interested in accidentally showing off my almost-nonexistent mammaries to either your family or mine, fair enough?"

Fadia, who had raised her eyebrow, smiled.
She herself was blessed with relatively large mammarial glands - not of the size of her big sis or of Princesses Dschamilla or Aurelia, but they were not small. This insecurity in a kid was almost adorable, though, she thought, as she wrapped a towel around herself.
"Fair enough.", she said and nodded, before leaning over and whispering to Erika: "I know a few tricks to make them larger, though."
With that, she motioned for her to follow her and left the changing room for the Hot Room.

Erika followed her.
Upon entering the hot room, she reeled back. "Jesus! That thing's hotter than the inside of a black tent in Jerusalem in July!"
"Furthermore, I submit that Carthage NSG must be destroyed." t. Marcus Porcius Cato

IC name is "Blauveldt-Ryszana".

A traumatized, but recovering, MT-Early PMT/FanT constitutional monarchy consisting of a personal and constitutional union of two Realms. Features: near-universal gun ownership, governmental dysfunction, terrified Christinaslander Air National Guard personnel counting down the days until they rotate back home, and an eternal standoff with the last of it's former oppressors.

Folaisia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Folaisia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:44 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:There were a lot of options available in the Old Harbour Area of Sinope - the Bazaar of Fishes was one, the three Hammams in the area were another, but various odd sights and sounds seduced foreigners and locals alike to spent a few minutes or longer admiring them.
There were, for example, the female dancers collecting for children suffering from Epidermolysis Bullosa, which still attracted quite a crowd and a lot of donations.
Many ships in the harbour were open for visitors, from Kyrenaian vessels like the Sayarfur, Crown-Prince Ilia's Yacht, to foreign vessels like the Riméad and the SFSS Malika Aljazirat. Not to mention the magnificent vessels in the Small Basin.
The Harbour Race was, sadly, already over, the awards ceremony would begin before they could be there.
On the other hand, that left them free to explore the old side-alleys, which were like a labyrinth to foreigners and to maybe meet some inhabitants, who were using them as hidden paths.
The options were sheer limitless.

"Shit, when did the Boat Race begin again," asked Cormag hastely.

"Oh, mate," answered Alexander as he looked at his watch, "it just ended already."

Alexander then tells him the time of when the Harbour Race begin.

"Fuckin' hell, we shouldnon have spent so much time back there," Cormag groaned.

"There's other events and locations that we can go to."

"What are they?"

"Well, there's the Old Harbour Area, there's the female charity dancers, and..."

Suddenly, Alexander's face was filled with eagerness as a light bulb went up in his head.

"There's several yachts that we can visit."

"Oh, shit," Cormag exclaimed, "Why did I forget about that?! So, what yachts are there?"

"There's the Sayarfur, Crown-Prince Ilia's Yacht, the Riméad and the SFSS Malika Aljazirat. Those are the ones that are well-known in this event, at least that's what I've heard."

"Cool! Which one do you want tae visit first? The Sayarfur?"

"Yeah, why dinnon try that?"

"Alright. Let's go, then!"

As the pair walked, Cormag took out his camera, and slowing down his pace, made the camera record.

[RECORDING]

"Alright, guys. So, basically we're headin' to a yacht named the Sayarfur, after we've missed oot on the boat race that took place earlier. We wished we could've gone there, so that we see them race, and probably see me freak the fuck oot on my losin' a bet with Alex here."

Cormag and Alexander both chuckle.

"But, we'll check this yacht and the others that are on display in the harbour out tae compensate. And, uh, hopefully, we'll be satisfied aboot it."

Then, it shows Cormag switching to his front direction to get a transition shot, while Cormag and Alexander were talking to themselves about topics relating to future locations to visit, Yvette, and their daily life back home.

Reaching the yacht, Cormag and Alexander stand by and stare at the vessel anchored at the pier it was in.

"Wow, that's a nice lookin' ship," said Cormag.

"You said it. I could by it if I had the money," snickered Alexander.

[RECORDING]

"Okay, guys, we're here in the front of the Sayarfur. And look at this."

Cormag turns the camera around to capture the yacht in full view of the lens.

"Real, fuckin' bonnie. So, we're still waitin' for a welcomin' party to lead us in, and hopefully, it doesnon take that long."
Last edited by Folaisia on Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Scottish kingdom in North America.

Other Nations: Avraland | Belesta | Joyonghea | Quen Minh

Shwe Tu Colony
Senator

Founded: Sep 27, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Shwe Tu Colony » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:21 am

Kyrenaia wrote:The girls kept him snug and tight between them...

Spiciness's exhausted grin became just a bit more happy, his hot vigor getting refilled a little more, first at being pressed together & secondly with the redheads' words. "I'm not too worried about him getting lost in a literal way. He & I — we can find ourselves just fine if we get separated. Always have, always will," he bragged with a slight smirk & an out-of-place blush, "Even in a new place like this, I know that we can't let each other go that easily. Maybe later I could tell you guys some of our stories, but I wouldn't know if you four would believe most of them. They're just a little bit... incredible, I guess is the word." He would eventually shift his attention back to the ceremony.

it took a few moments for Seafood to lift his head & let his whole body roll out, nearly falling form his stool. His expression was horribly bleary-eyed & his whole body gave off the impression of a fish that had been left to rot, left to ferment in some scorching sun. "Hah? J-just leave me... leave me b-be," he stuttered out, performing a few half-hearted hand gestures to accompany him, but his aura remained dead & decomposing, "O-oh, cod... sorry for the bad smell. It always comes out when I get tired." He paused, his head unsteady & his gaze unsteady & his mind unsteady, every bit of him was unsteady, flowing back & forth like an ocean. "Oh right... I guess I do need some help, but I've heard what this place is like, & I don't... I don't know if it's a topic that I can discuss safely, here."
Last edited by Shwe Tu Colony on Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cherissime amis! Behold, Shwe Tu Colony/World Machine/WoMac, the paracosm of a spoiled brat, taking everything, sparing nothing, mingling the childhood incroyable with the angst of a young man.
Current status: university rules are just a suggestion
"The summer grass is getting in the way"
Extension

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:53 am

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:As Peter was checking one of his pistols magazines, his train of thought is stopped by a young woman calling him and his friends, introducing herself as Prince Ilia's Aide-de-Camp.
"Good morning Sailor Quadir, replies the former Emperor. So the Lord Commander wants to meet us, eh? What do you think of it Guys? he asks to his friends.
-I don't see anything wrong with it, replies Joe with a small smirk. Just be sure that the tea is cold with a touch of lemon.
-Same for me, add Frank and and Thomas.
-Well then Miss, says Peter as he turns back to Rasha, lead the way! By the way, aren't you guys hot with your balacs and helmets? he asks to their bodyguards.
-Well, yes, your Majesty, replies Elven 1, before he takes off his helpet and balaclava,followed by the rest of his Squad, revealing a man with red hair and brown eyes for Elven 1, blonde hair and gree eyes for Elven 2, and black hair and blue eyes for Elven 3 (Elven 4, for reminder, is an African-American). With that done, the four Scarlet Rangers put their berets on their heads, before following their bosses and Quadir to the Sayarfur.

Quadir did not care for how her charges looked. She had a mission from her Lord-Commander and she would fulfill it, simple as that.
Turning on her heels, she moved forward, nodding to the Tabardariyya at the pier. She noted, that Princess Aurelia, a girl she liked, and Duchess Marcella were boarding and preparing the Harira.
Their objective was at the Promenade, though, the Sayarfur, the Waverider.
At the first security checkpoint of the pier, they were let through thanks to Quadir, who turned to the Imperials: "You do know, that the Sayarfur is open for visitors?", she asked, especially eying the four bodyguards.

AHSCA wrote:
Kyrenaia wrote:Aurelia grinned.

Coming aboard the Harira again felt like coming home almost. Even though Marcella had only seen it once she had committed every detail to her memory because hopefully one day it would be another vessel for her and Aurelia to work together. She smiled turning to Aurelia "It's just as cozy and quaint as I remember. Perfect."

Kyrenaia wrote:Atif smiled sadly.

"Aw come on, it's fine." Aurelia really wasn't sure why he felt that way, maybe he had a few thoughts, but he could hardly be faulted for that. "I wasn't totally lying when I said I serve in Her Majesty's Forces. I do. I guess you could call me Special Forces in a sense." She'd give him the full details a little later, again when they were in a more private setting. "Naturally I've been roughed up by quite a few men and women a like. So trust me, you're doing fine." She turned her head to face him, parting the hair from her eyes and giving him a gentle look of sympathy.

Aurelia smiled.
"Yes, she is a wonderful little boat.", she said, "But not nearly as wonderful as her First Mate." She resisted the urge to kiss Marcella here and there - too much of a good thing would ruin the good thing, if one asked her. "So, tea first?", she asked her girlfriend and motioned to the Cabin.

As Asuna turned to him and parted the hair over her eyes, Atif was mesmerized by said eyes. They were beautiful, like looking into the deep ocean, of gentleness and trust and for a moment, he contemplated buggering it all and mashing his lips against hers.
Unfortunately, when she turned around, she might also see, that he was standing at full mast, as they said - we will not go into details.
She might be uncomfortable with that, he thought in some place in the back of his head - the rest was too occupied with contemplating her eyes.

Shamsiyya wrote:"Oh yes, of course - ninety minutes plus possible additional time, eleven players each team, and just like the cake, the offsite rule is a lie." Layla grinned, hoping, that Atif would get the Portal reference. "Kurat alqadam. Football. In some parts of the world also called 'soccer' for whatever reason."
She let a beat pass.
"And of course, the number of the Old Academies won't change - otherwise, they wouldn't be the old ones anymore. And it's proven - five Ilkhanates, two academies each for boys and girls. An easy and logical system, and that's something Shamsiyya doesn't have much tradition of ... you know, a reason why organized sports are a relatively recent development where I'm from, is that the structure of our state used to be awfully complex."
She took a sip.
"You see, something that fascinates most of us about Kyrenaia is the simple administrative structure that hasn't been changed a lot most of the time. Five Ilkhanates, some territories immediate to the Sultanate, each Ilkhanate consisting of a handful of Khanates and some territories immediate to the Ilkhanates. That's it - every child gets through this. You guys aren't really fully aware how spoiled you are." She grinned. "For most of the time, the Shamsiyyan Sultanate had a complex system of a few Ilkhanates and Khanates, many Caliphates, lots of Emirates and Sheikhdoms, Free Cities as well as the Sultan's Territories. It is quite fascinating for me as a student, or almost ex-student of Linguistics and History, but obviously frustrating for Middle School students in History classes. And that structure effectively prevented us from developing a proper league tier system for sports before the FSPR became a thing."
And with that, she was revealed as a know-it-all ... but maybe, it wasn't even that bad? After all, honesty was important, too ...

Maryam nodded in approval, too - although it wouldn't be easy for her to make full points right now, it wasn't entirely impossible, either. She took the second before last dart as well as a deep breath. Then, she rose it to height of her face, carefully kissed the pointy thing, aimed, concentrated ...
And threw.
The dart hit the center, closely. Unbelievable.
Full points!
That meant, that there would most certainly be a decision between her and the first teen, as they now had the equal number of points.
Gods, how damn exciting!
The last dart would have to be thrown by the other teen who was, thanks to his bad luck in the beginning, hopelessly behind them regarding points, but a final throw was a final throw.

Atif nodded. They were talking about the same sort of football.
He had to laugh at the comparison between administrative systems, though.
"It used to be more complicated, due to one thing: There once was a sixth Ilkhanate. Sure, it went down in flames, but it was there.", he said, grinning, "But fun aside, the contests and organized sports and leagues in Kyrenaia are not that much of a recent development, the Old Academies literally decided wars peacefully in the names of their Ilkhans in the past. The best way to solve a conflict, if you ask me: Sports."
He was not bothered by her being a know-it-all.

The second teen knew, that he was not exactly a top-contender for winning, but he would be dammed if he didn't give it his best shot!
He stood at the line, relaxed his fingers... and threw with valour in his heart.
The dart flew, sailed through the air as if carried by the Gods themselves, sailed with impunity, the most wonderful flight in the history of dart throwing, the teen was sure... and then, it embedded itself in the wall, around ten centimetres from the board.

Aurora Confederacy wrote:Micky was on the aft deck when the food was delivered whilst jax was taking advantage of the cool of the forward cabin so as the delivery boy stepped aboard Micky looked up "heya, welcome aboard, can you put the delivery on the table inside the cabin please" she says with a smile.

The cabin of the Luna Mysteria was accessed by a flight of 3 steps and initially was quite dark although that is more to do with the workings of the human eye being adjusted to the bright sunlight of a kyrenaian day but once adjusted to the shade of the cabin of the Luna Mysteria the beauty of the Luna becomes visible with the central oak table being a focal point of the cabin with 3 doors ahead with the one that leads into the bedroom being open, the others which lead into the bathroom and shower areas being closed. Jax was quite content curled up on the sofa and although the food delivery person was new he was quite happy to lie down and let the world go by. On the bulkhead and cabin walls were various photos from Zoe's maritime past including a photo of a large container ship and a large roll on-roll off ferry

"Just there please" says Micky, before checking off the delivery, after which she signed the delivery note then pulled out a 5 barqa note, "this is for you" she says with a smile, back home in the Aurora confederacy it is customary to tip service staff like food delivery drivers, waiters/waitresses etc.

Once the delivery boy had left, Micky began to put the food away by stowing the lamb legs in the freezer and putting the diced meat and barbeque food in the fridge ready for when Zoe returns and begins to start to cook although it was during this process that the additional cat snacks were spotted, Micky smiled "JAX!.." she shouted, "Jaaax!" waving one of the treats. This got Jax's attention and so he let out a half bothered meow, then lifted his ears and opened his eyes as wide as they will go when he saw it was a treat before jumping onto the table as Micky handed him the treat.

Once the treat was in his mouth he leapt down onto the floor and went up forward into Zoe and Micky's bedroom, climbed under the covers and began to chew the treat, needless to say there may well be itchy bits on the bedding tonight and from the living area where Micky was standing there is a notably cat sized hump in the duvet on her bed.

At the Liquor store

Turning to Ratko, "two bottles of medium vodka, a few cans of European style lager please and some pineapple spirit, that sounds kinda exotic" she replies before turning to Merle

The apprentice did as he was told, took the money and put it into his pocket, grinning.
"Thank you very much, Miss.", he said and stepped onto dry shore again, "Good winds and calm seas. I need to get back, so see ya!"
And with that, he went back to the shop and left Micky and the cat to their work.

Polish Prussian Commonwealth wrote:Erika followed her.
Upon entering the hot room, she reeled back. "Jesus! That thing's hotter than the inside of a black tent in Jerusalem in July!"

"Well, it is the Hot Room.", Fadia said with a smile, noting, that they went into a smaller Hot Room with no people in there. Just like she had wanted, for she wanted to talk with Erika amongst two girls, without anyone interfering. Two marble benches in the middle of the room provided seating, Fadia shedding her towel and sitting down on the bench, using it as a seating pillow. She petted the bench next to her, smiling invitingly. "I think, that the two of us need to talk a bit without any of those sausage-carriers interfering."

Danceria wrote:Aceus had initially lead out with formality, for politeness was always valued in situations where he wasn't sure about himself, but by the intimate greeting (or what Aceus perceived as intimate, one doesn't kiss people they hate after all), he seemed to melt in the heat. Fully relaxing himself, the stoic visage of a statesman faded to an almost coy and mischevious grin. "Much better now, that questions were answered. Your Father and mother were nice, as was Okan and Dilara-Khana." the Dancerian king explained, allowing himself to relax and just so happened allow his hands to be close enough, should Fara decide to clasp them. "You should have told me that they were swordsmen and women! However, I was impressed with their skill, so much so that I wished to spar with them, of which they accepted." he would tilt his head and face her, shifting his body to allow himself a more comfortable seat. "Don't worry, it's from one sportsman to a sportswoman, neither your Lady Mother nor Dilara-Khana went for such low hanging fruit."

The Dancerian king was initially surprised at his initial impression on Princess Fara, he'd figured that they frequented the Hammam enough to not be impressed at the sight of slightly-unclad men or women. Perhaps it was the fact he seemed to have lost some weight and gained muscle, of which was Erika's doing. She may not have initially liked Erika, but the rambunctious child forced Aceus to maintain the sleek athletic build of a swimmer and climber, and the gradually broadening musculature of a budding fighter. There would only be one champion pillow-fighter in the Elurion Household, and Aceus was well and truly certain to maintain that title. However, Aceus was certain to press the advantage that Fara unknowingly gave him. The towel around his waist unfastened enough for Fara's gaze to realize that his musculature strayed slightly further than his stomach, whilst Aceus maintained a rather innocent alibi, as he all too soon refastened the towel with mild irritation, perhaps leaving the strand tight enough to prevent it from completely slipping off but enough to allow for some movement.

"But when and if the sparring session occurs, they'll not find my steel wanting." Aceus continued, hoping that the Bard's words would see him through this day. If Fara intended to break up with Aceus, she wasn't giving any of the usual signals, at least as far as Dancerian courtship goes. Or at the very least, make the prospect as unwanted as possible for her. As the Ilkhana and Khana said, Aceus was apparently a fine piece of meat, and he intended to use every advantage he could get. He wouldn't get another opportunity.

Fara giggled at his words, knowing that it must have been quite a surprise for him.
"I can imagine. Dilara and Mother are very keen on testing every swordsman they come across - but don't expect them to go easy on you!", she said with a smile, "I would not think, that you would want them to."
She let a beat pass.
"Other then that, you look good. Erika keeps you busy, eh?", Fara asked, trying to keep her voice as neutral as possible when she mentioned the girls name. She would be honest with him, if he asked, she would tell him, that she did not like the girl, to say the least. "Little girls are that way. Okan loves to tell, how busy Fadia and I kept Mother and the staff."

Folaisia wrote:"Shit, when did the Boat Race begin again," asked Cormag hastely.

"Oh, mate," answered Alexander as he looked at his watch, "it just ended already."

Alexander then tells him the time of when the Harbour Race begin.

"Fuckin' hell, we shouldnon have spent so much time back there," Cormag groaned.

"There's other events and locations that we can go to."

"What are they?"

"Well, there's the Old Harbour Area, there's the female charity dancers, and..."

Suddenly, Alexander's face was filled with eagerness as a light bulb went up in his head.

"There's several yachts that we can visit."

"Oh, shit," Cormag exclaimed, "Why did I forget about that?! So, what yachts are there?"

"There's the Sayarfur, Crown-Prince Ilia's Yacht, the Riméad and the SFSS Malika Aljazirat. Those are the ones that are well-known in this event, at least that's what I've heard."

"Cool! Which one do you want tae visit first? The Sayarfur?"

"Yeah, why dinnon try that?"

"Alright. Let's go, then!"

As the pair walked, Cormag took out his camera, and slowing down his pace, made the camera record.

[RECORDING]

"Alright, guys. So, basically we're headin' to a yacht named the Sayarfur, after we've missed oot on the boat race that took place earlier. We wished we could've gone there, so that we see them race, and probably see me freak the fuck oot on my losin' a bet with Alex here."

Cormag and Alexander both chuckle.

"But, we'll check this yacht and the others that are on display in the harbour out tae compensate. And, uh, hopefully, we'll be satisfied aboot it."

Then, it shows Cormag switching to his front direction to get a transition shot, while Cormag and Alexander were talking to themselves about topics relating to future locations to visit, Yvette, and their daily life back home.

Reaching the yacht, Cormag and Alexander stand by and stare at the vessel anchored at the pier it was in.

"Wow, that's a nice lookin' ship," said Cormag.

"You said it. I could by it if I had the money," snickered Alexander.

[RECORDING]

"Okay, guys, we're here in the front of the Sayarfur. And look at this."

Cormag turns the camera around to capture the yacht in full view of the lens.

"Real, fuckin' bonnie. So, we're still waitin' for a welcomin' party to lead us in, and hopefully, it doesnon take that long."

The Sayarfur was a 36 metres long Bagala-Type Sailing Boat with two masts and four sails, which were not set, but folded neatly. Characteristic for her style of vessel were the sleek profile, almost like a blade, and the curved prow. Ornate carvings decorated stern and quarter galleries.
Characteristic for the Sayarfur, at least today, was, that the crew was entirely female, composed of students of the Haram Girls' Academy in Utica, who were also members of the Sailing Club. Of course, they did wear the characteristic sailor uniform of their Academy, with the blue collar and the blue skirts.
The welcoming committee would be visible on the video, walking up to the railing next to the gangplank. Truth of the matter was, that although the Sayarfur was open for visitors, so far, only a few invited guests of the Crown Prince had arrived, with a few more on the way.
The young woman, who stood there, was black haired, purple eyes shining as she watched the two of them making their recording. Her settling her lower arms on the railing also revealed, that she was quite well-equipped, at least for what seemed to be a young woman between sixteen and seventeen.
As soon as they were finished, she called: "Good morning, gentlemen!" With that, she rose from her position and stepped to the gangplank. "Interested in a tour of a Bagala?"

Shwe Tu Colony wrote:
Kyrenaia wrote:The girls kept him snug and tight between them...

Spiciness's exhausted grin became just a bit more happy, his hot vigor getting refilled a little more, first at being pressed together & secondly with the redheads' words. "I'm not too worried about him getting lost in a literal way. He & I — we can find ourselves just fine if we get separated. Always have, always will," he bragged with a slight smirk & an out-of-place blush, "Even in a new place like this, I know that we can't let each other go that easily. Maybe later I could tell you guys some of our stories, but I wouldn't know if you four would believe most of them. They're just a little bit... incredible, I guess is the word." He would eventually shift his attention back to the ceremony

it took a few moments for Seafood to lift his head & let his whole body roll out, nearly falling form his stool. His expression was horribly bleary-eyed & his whole body gace off the impression of a fish that had been left to rot, left to ferment in some scorching sun. "Hah? J-just leave me... leave me b-be," he stuttered out, performing a few half-hearted hand gestures to accompany him, but his aura remained dead & decomposing, "O-oh, cod... sorry for the bad smell. It always comes out when I get tired." He paused, his head unsteady & his gaze unsteady & his mind unsteady, every bit of him was unsteady, flowing back & forth like an ocean. "Oh right... I guess I do need some help, but I've heard what this place is like, & I don't... I don't know if it's a topic that I can discuss safely, here."

The redhead smiled.
"That would be nice.", she said and leaned over, "In turn, we can tell you a few stories, too, while we sit in the Hammam. Who knows, maybe we can get you a tellak, too."
She scooted over a bit more, closer.
That was not entirely consensual, thanks to the crowd behind them, but she did not mind.

The two priests looked at each other, the younger one replying to Seafood.
"Young man, we are priests. Part of our job is to aid those, who need help.", he said strictly, "And right now, that seems to be you. So, unless you murdered someone, you are safe here." He said and allowed a few beats to pass before he extended his hand. "My name is Atif Kahin, I am actually from Qalat al-Jabal, the Citadel on the Mountain. Who are you?"
Last edited by Kyrenaia on Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 09, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:50 am

Quadir did not care for how her charges looked. She had a mission from her Lord-Commander and she would fulfill it, simple as that.
Turning on her heels, she moved forward, nodding to the Tabardariyya at the pier. She noted, that Princess Aurelia, a girl she liked, and Duchess Marcella were boarding and preparing the Harira.
Their objective was at the Promenade, though, the Sayarfur, the Waverider.
At the first security checkpoint of the pier, they were let through thanks to Quadir, who turned to the Imperials: "You do know, that the Sayarfur is open for visitors?", she asked, especially eying the four bodyguards.

When Rasha asks her question, Peter raises his eyebrow and turns to his friends with a questioned look, the same for the others.
"Well, no, I ddidn't know that, replies the former Emperor with a heavy bit of sarcasm. Rasha, as far as I know, there isn't written stupid or senile here! he adds as he points to his forehead. We've read the program, so we know it is open for visitors. It won't bother us, but we're not here to be friends with everyone.
-And iff you worry about our men, continues Frank as he points to their security team with his chin, they know how to behave."
Last edited by The Scarlet Eagle on Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
A 1.1428571429 civilization, according to this one
I don't use NS stats

Change rate
: 1 Imperial Dollar = 1.86 NSD

Embassy Program

Shamsiyya
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Shamsiyya » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:35 am

Kyrenaia wrote:Atif nodded. They were talking about the same sort of football.
He had to laugh at the comparison between administrative systems, though.
"It used to be more complicated, due to one thing: There once was a sixth Ilkhanate. Sure, it went down in flames, but it was there.", he said, grinning, "But fun aside, the contests and organized sports and leagues in Kyrenaia are not that much of a recent development, the Old Academies literally decided wars peacefully in the names of their Ilkhans in the past. The best way to solve a conflict, if you ask me: Sports."
He was not bothered by her being a know-it-all.

The second teen knew, that he was not exactly a top-contender for winning, but he would be dammed if he didn't give it his best shot!
He stood at the line, relaxed his fingers... and threw with valour in his heart.
The dart flew, sailed through the air as if carried by the Gods themselves, sailed with impunity, the most wonderful flight in the history of dart throwing, the teen was sure... and then, it embedded itself in the wall, around ten centimetres from the board.

Layla was quite relieved that Atif didn't seem to mind her being a know-it-all - so, most certainly, this wouldn't be much of a point interfering in their conversation, or the other plans for today.
She also had to laugh about Atif's little side note about the sixth Ilkhanate, which, of course, made the entire thing extremely complicated! How should anyone ever get through this?
She nodded. "Well, there were some organizations before the 1940s, too, but rather on a very local level. A true national, or even just interregional system, however, yes, that was new. There's a lot one can hold against the revolutionary forces, sure, like that they sealed the downfall of the millennia-old royalty, that they created an autocratic system, that they slowed down the process of rebuilding the country by some tremendously stupid economic policies, yadda yadda yadda - but they also overhauled and simplified many extremely obsolete structures and passed reforms that actually made Shamsiyya look like a country and not like a loose confederacy of a hundred microstates where one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing - which, in fact, broke our neck before and during the Succession War that would almost have torn us apart. But that's just on a side note - actually, the warring parties should indeed just have decided it on the football field. Fewer losses, less mayhem, more peace. A wise man once said something in the line of, sports are the only thing that can bring people together and tear them apart the same time."
She let a beat pass, then grinned.
"Same with the Battle of Rosfahan later on - maybe, we'd even have beaten Ahjada, if there just had been a referee blowing the final whistle after ninety minutes!"

Maryam had to snort when the last dart hit the wall. She grinned and clapped ironically. "An excellent throw!" - she said. "And it would even have been nicer, if it had hit the board."
She started to collect the darts, starting with the one that left a thin, yet visible wall. "As I said - it's the most frequently overpainted one of all walls onto this ship, for a very certain reason." She pulled the other darts out of the board and put them into the box, then said to the teen who had failed to hit the board, "Don't worry, you're not in trouble - this just happens, after all."
She turned to the other one. "Now, we'll need to decide by a final throw who will have two drinks spent. Each of us has one throw. If you wish, you may start."
Last edited by Shamsiyya on Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kuronami
Minister

Founded: Nov 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:55 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:Ilia smiled at Yuzu.
"I would offer you a spot on the Sayarfur, but sadly, we will be leading, so I can't imagine, that we'll have a good view...", he admitted, before he had an idea, "If you want, I could use my excellent connections to my brother to maybe get you onto the Aurelia?" He grinned. "He loves to have pretty young women on his ship, too, so I doubt, that he would refuse the request of his dearest older brother."
After a moment, he added: "Either her or on a replica of the World's First Aircraft Carrier."

Mahmut smiled at Haru.
"Sure, I would love to.", he said and raised a hand, "But under one condition: Please call me Mahmut as well." He leaned slightly forward. "If you are not a ship-otaku, what would you like to see? I might not be as well-acquainted with Sinope the with for example Utica, but I know my way around!"

"Say, you're staying for a while, right?", she asked and leaned forward slightly - would Yuki have been a boy, there would have been an excellent view - as she was a girl, Shirin figured, the view was still excellent, but in a different way. A sort of preview. "Would you be interested in getting a few lessons in being a Kyrenaian Handmaiden?"

"Mmmm" Yuzu gave it a thought, "I've seen my share of military grade ships, so I think something standard would be nice. So if you could get me a spot on the Aurelia I'd really appreciate it. If not, I'll be grateful for anything." Yuzu bowed as a thank you.

Haru returned her attention to Mahmut whom insisted she call him by name and how could she refuse the request of such a handsome prince. "Well all right, Mahmut it is, and you can call me Haru. Just Haru is fine." she smiled swinging her closed up parasol over her shoulder out of habit. "Whatever you can and want to show me, I'd love to see."

Yuki nodded "I guess it's settled then. We'll all meet up again later." She returned her attention to Shirin who asked if she might like a few lessons. "Wow really? I'd love to learn some new skills from you! Please teach me the way, Sensei!" She threw the sensei in as a little joke "Ahah yes, in seriousness, I'd love it if you would show me a few lessons while here. Hopefully I'll get to teach you something too, or at least just get to know you as a friend."
Last edited by Kuronami on Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:33 pm

The Khan and the Khana returned the bow in kind, smiling. The old couple knew of the immense meaning this victory would have for Bruke's newest state, its integration into the Royal Republic and to grow closer.
It was wonderful to see, that they all celebrated it.
Especially the crowds loved seeing them. The actual awards ceremony would start when all three vessels were properly docked, the Fakhar Alsukhur taking a few moments.
The Ríméad's Captain approached the Brukeans with a grin, extending his hand for a shake: "Splendid race! Congratulations from me and my crew! Truly, a testament to Llastres' sailors!"

The Captain returned the handshake warmly. “Thank you. It’s a testament to my city as well- Commodore was founded as a naval city, though the navy was never established.” For a moment, he looked wistfully at the sea, of what could have been.

“The Ríméad performed splendidly as well- truly I have never seen such gracefulness upon the waters!”

Lillorainen
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lillorainen » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:20 pm

Aurora Confederacy wrote:Micky was on the aft deck when the food was delivered whilst jax was taking advantage of the cool of the forward cabin so as the delivery boy stepped aboard Micky looked up "heya, welcome aboard, can you put the delivery on the table inside the cabin please" she says with a smile.

At the Liquor store

Merle looked up from the guide book, answering to Zoe, "I wouldn't say, 'shocked' - I'm just comparing prices of foreign spirits that are sold both in here and in our home country. They would be shocked, if they knew how much more one pays for them there than in here."
She decided to take a bottle of Selkie-Whiskey with them, for this opportunity was rare.
"Whereas the difference is rather little when it comes to our beer brands" - Ratko added. "It's only slightly more than at home, which seems logical, considering that they, of course, have to import it from us. They know what's good, though."
Ingmar had a look at the pineapple spirit. He instantly remembered having drunk a similar spirit once, just with additional banana aroma in it, and 46 rotations that one did not really taste from it due to its sweetness, with the nice name Tropical Madness (well, for a given definition of the term 'remembered' ...). He decided, however, that this one could hardly be worse, so it would come along, just like some Lager and Ale. They had enough hands free.
Although they could quite have spent a few hours in here ...
They still looked around, in case they might still find something they had to try by all means.
Last edited by Lillorainen on Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AHSCA
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 08, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby AHSCA » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:33 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:Aurelia smiled.
"Yes, she is a wonderful little boat.", she said, "But not nearly as wonderful as her First Mate." She resisted the urge to kiss Marcella here and there - too much of a good thing would ruin the good thing, if one asked her. "So, tea first?", she asked her girlfriend and motioned to the Cabin.

"Hee" Marcella giggled a little being the wonderful first mate. "Well the crew does often make the vessel they say." She nodded "Tea sounds like a wonderful idea."

Kyrenaia wrote:As Asuna turned to him and parted the hair over her eyes, Atif was mesmerized by said eyes. They were beautiful, like looking into the deep ocean, of gentleness and trust and for a moment, he contemplated buggering it all and mashing his lips against hers.
Unfortunately, when she turned around, she might also see, that he was standing at full mast, as they said - we will not go into details.
She might be uncomfortable with that, he thought in some place in the back of his head - the rest was too occupied with contemplating her eyes.

She looked, she figured his sails had hoisted given how his tone turned form casual to a bit nervous. Her look was trying to convey a silent it's okay, I get it because Asuna herself was certainly probably feeling the same tide of emotion. "You're a handsome man." She uttered to him. "Very handsome." she placed the palm onto his cheek. "I braved the stormy seas to be here so if I get a little lucky it will just make the trip a little more special." She felt like kissing him but it was a bit soon, they only just met. Maybe just ask but she did it anyway she kissed him but pulled away. "Oh my, I'm sorry, I'm getting carried away....If I ovestepped I'm very sorry if you're upset I just ask forgiveness.."

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:34 pm

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:When Rasha asks her question, Peter raises his eyebrow and turns to his friends with a questioned look, the same for the others.
"Well, no, I ddidn't know that, replies the former Emperor with a heavy bit of sarcasm. Rasha, as far as I know, there isn't written stupid or senile here! he adds as he points to his forehead. We've read the program, so we know it is open for visitors. It won't bother us, but we're not here to be friends with everyone.
-And iff you worry about our men, continues Frank as he points to their security team with his chin, they know how to behave."

Rasha was severely unimpressed.
"Sir, it is my mission, laid out by the Lord-Commander of the Navy, to get you aboard his personal yacht without a hitch.", she said, "I intent to fulfill my orders, as it is a good soldier's duty. If that means giving you a gentle reminder of a fact, take it or leave it."
She let a beat pass.
"On a side-note, at which point did I permit you to call me by my first name, Sir?", she asked rhetorically. She turned on her heels. "This way."
The iciness in her voice stood in very stark contrast with the warm climate.

Shamsiyya wrote:Layla was quite relieved that Atif didn't seem to mind her being a know-it-all - so, most certainly, this wouldn't be much of a point interfering in their conversation, or the other plans for today.
She also had to laugh about Atif's little side note about the sixth Ilkhanate, which, of course, made the entire thing extremely complicated! How should anyone ever get through this?
She nodded. "Well, there were some organizations before the 1940s, too, but rather on a very local level. A true national, or even just interregional system, however, yes, that was new. There's a lot one can hold against the revolutionary forces, sure, like that they sealed the downfall of the millennia-old royalty, that they created an autocratic system, that they slowed down the process of rebuilding the country by some tremendously stupid economic policies, yadda yadda yadda - but they also overhauled and simplified many extremely obsolete structures and passed reforms that actually made Shamsiyya look like a country and not like a loose confederacy of a hundred microstates where one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing - which, in fact, broke our neck before and during the Succession War that would almost have torn us apart. But that's just on a side note - actually, the warring parties should indeed just have decided it on the football field. Fewer losses, less mayhem, more peace. A wise man once said something in the line of, sports are the only thing that can bring people together and tear them apart the same time."
She let a beat pass, then grinned.
"Same with the Battle of Rosfahan later on - maybe, we'd even have beaten Ahjada, if there just had been a referee blowing the final whistle after ninety minutes!"

Maryam had to snort when the last dart hit the wall. She grinned and clapped ironically. "An excellent throw!" - she said. "And it would even have been nicer, if it had hit the board."
She started to collect the darts, starting with the one that left a thin, yet visible wall. "As I said - it's the most frequently overpainted one of all walls onto this ship, for a very certain reason." She pulled the other darts out of the board and put them into the box, then said to the teen who had failed to hit the boarrd, "Don't worry, you're not in trouble - this just happens, after all."
She turned to the other one. "Now, we'll need to decide by a final throw who will have two drinks spent. Each of us has one throw. If you wish, you may start."

Atif smiled a bit sheepish.
"I'm afraid, that I am not familiar with that battle.", he admitted sheepish, "But I think, that I get your point - and I agree."
His smile turned more confident.
"There was actually a time in Kyrenaian History, where legal fights were indeed that: Fights. The warring parties sent their own champions forward to fight it out one man against another one, instead of large battles.", he explained, "That practice was, of course, abolished quite a few centuries ago."

"No, I insist.", the teen said and motioned forward, "Ladies first."
He grinned at that. He had the feeling, that he already lost this one, so he decided to go out with a phrase, that came aptly enough from a novel about the Navy, which played to a part in Sinope: Damn the torpedoes, ahead full!
It meant, that he would still do his bloody best even against insurmountable odds.

Kuronami wrote:
Kyrenaia wrote:Ilia smiled at Yuzu.

Mahmut smiled at Haru.

"Mmmm" Yuzu gave it a thought, "I've seen my share of military grade ships, so I think something standard would be nice. So if you could get me a spot on the Aurelia I'd really appreciate it. If not, I'll be grateful for anything." Yuzu bowed as a thank you.

Haru returned her attention to Mahmut whom insisted she call him by name and how could she refuse the request of such a handsome prince. "Well all right, Mahmut it is, and you can call me Haru. Just Haru is fine." she smiled swinging her closed up parasol over her shoulder out of habit. "Whatever you can and want to show me, I'd love to see."

Yuki nodded "I guess it's settled then. We'll all meet up again later." She returned her attention to Shirin who asked if she might like a few lessons. "Wow really? I'd love to learn some new skills from you! Please teach me the way, Sensei!" She threw the sensei in as a little joke "Ahah yes, in seriousness, I'd love it if you would show me a few lessons while here. Hopefully I'll get to teach you something too, or at least just get to know you as a friend."

Ilia nodded, understanding.
"If you'll excuse me then, please?", he said and made to rise, "I need to make a phone call."
He understood her fully, after all, the Aurelia would be amongst the very few sailing vessels not participating in the parade, owed to the fact, that she served as the VIP-lounge, plus... they both saw military vessels often enough, even if they were replicas, it still got boring after a while.
He returned a minute later. "Brother agreed and he is going to send someone to fetch you.", he told Yuzu with a smile. "You'll be a guest of honour of his!"

Mahmut leaned back a bit, considering.
"Hm...", he made. Many things he knew in Sinope were things she would most likely find boring, he mostly thought that because he found them boring, and he wanted to leave the Hammam-Visit for the evening. "...how about we visit the Bazaar of Fishes?"

Shirin nodded.
"That would be wonderful! I already know, what might be useful to you in your own career path...", she said about the lessons before leaning forward, smiling, "To be honest, though, I already call you my friend..."

Bruke wrote:
The Khan and the Khana returned the bow in kind, smiling. The old couple knew of the immense meaning this victory would have for Bruke's newest state, its integration into the Royal Republic and to grow closer.
It was wonderful to see, that they all celebrated it.
Especially the crowds loved seeing them. The actual awards ceremony would start when all three vessels were properly docked, the Fakhar Alsukhur taking a few moments.
The Ríméad's Captain approached the Brukeans with a grin, extending his hand for a shake: "Splendid race! Congratulations from me and my crew! Truly, a testament to Llastres' sailors!"

The Captain returned the handshake warmly. “Thank you. It’s a testament to my city as well- Commodore was founded as a naval city, though the navy was never established.” For a moment, he looked wistfully at the sea, of what could have been.

“The Ríméad performed splendidly as well- truly I have never seen such gracefulness upon the waters!”

The Ríméad's Captain actually blushed. "Thank you - my girl's something special, ain't she?"
By now, the Fakhar Alsukhur was docked as well and, with a trumpet's blast, the ceremony began. The Khan stepped forward, gave a short speech in Kyrenaian.
"In short...", the Captain of the Fakhar Alsukhur supplied for both men, "...he is praising the valour and skill of all sailors involved and especially of those of the winning vessels." Then, the Khan paused for a moment, calling forth someone. The Kyrenaian Captain nudged his Brukean colleague. "Your cue, step up to him and lightly bow your head."

AHSCA wrote:
Kyrenaia wrote:Aurelia smiled.

"Hee" Marcella giggled a little being the wonderful first mate. "Well the crew does often make the vessel they say." She nodded "Tea sounds like a wonderful idea."

Kyrenaia wrote:As Asuna turned to him and parted the hair over her eyes, Atif was mesmerized by said eyes. They were beautiful, like looking into the deep ocean, of gentleness and trust and for a moment, he contemplated buggering it all and mashing his lips against hers.

She looked, she figured his sails had hoisted given how his tone turned form casual to a bit nervous. Her look was trying to convey a silent it's okay, I get it because Asuna herself was certainly probably feeling the same tide of emotion. "You're a handsome man." She uttered to him. "Very handsome." she placed the palm onto his cheek. "I braved the stormy seas to be here so if I get a little lucky it will just make the trip a little more special." She felt like kissing him but it was a bit soon, they only just met. Maybe just ask but she did it anyway she kissed him but pulled away. "Oh my, I'm sorry, I'm getting carried away....If I ovestepped I'm very sorry if you're upset I just ask forgiveness.."

Aurelia nodded and motioned for Marcella to follow her into the little deckhouse, which was just as cozy as before, but a bit cleaner.
There was a bit of a mess in her bunk, though, still tight enough so that the two of them could squeeze in there. Aurelia did not comment on that, but went to the cupboard and pulled out two cups of stainless steel and a small pot, filling the latter with water for the tea.
"I sadly only have tea in bags aboard.", she mentioned with a small bit of disdain for it, "Which one would you like? I have Thyme, Anise, Sage... and a few Selkie-Blends as well, for example..." She read one's name to herself, then blushed. "...oh, my, not you! You're for tonight!"

Atif was, speechless of a long moment, by the feeling of her hand on his cheek, by her compliments... and then the kiss.
He never felt such a tender, yet strong kiss.
And when she apologized, asked for forgiveness, he thought: Bugger it all.
He collected all his courage, all his bravery, all of everything he had and could be and he reached out, softly cupping her face with his hand as if it was made of the softest porcellain, lifting it up slightly.
And then he kissed her back, onto her lips.
It was a heartfelt kiss, with no tongue, but with his arms snaking around her shoulders, holding her tight - yet onto the small edge of tight, yet loose enough for her to break free, should she reject.
It was dangerous, but he wanted to tell her, that he did not hold it against her.
RPing in MT and PT.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:47 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:Fara giggled at his words, knowing that it must have been quite a surprise for him.
"I can imagine. Dilara and Mother are very keen on testing every swordsman they come across - but don't expect them to go easy on you!", she said with a smile, "I would not think, that you would want them to."
She let a beat pass.
"Other then that, you look good. Erika keeps you busy, eh?", Fara asked, trying to keep her voice as neutral as possible when she mentioned the girls name. She would be honest with him, if he asked, she would tell him, that she did not like the girl, to say the least. "Little girls are that way. Okan loves to tell, how busy Fadia and I kept Mother and the staff."

"Ah, she's at that age where she thinks she can do damn near anything she can set her mind to, and somebody has to reign her in." Aceus sighed. "She exasperates me in the best ways possible. I'm just worried that if I bring her along, she'll probably wrestle Kalak to the ground." Aceus chuckled, before going solemn. "Guess old habits die hard with her, and she's not exactly going to be the new Grand Ambassador...but she's a good kid."

"And like most "good kids" her age, they have a hard staying put when you want them to..." Edgar would begin, and Sabin would follow with a very concerned look. "Especially when they somehow sneak into outings that were originally meant for just us, right Sabin." Aceus mirrored Sabin's concerned look, as a beat passed. The Dancerian King's face met his hand for a moment. "How?!" "She's a kid commando!" Sabin protested "Besides, she's always wanted to tag along on your diplomatic trips, something about "being able to break someone's jaw if they talk crap about you"."

"My ego isn't like paper mache." Aceus deadpanned, "All right, how many fights has she gotten in?" "Surprisingly, none." Edgar would smile, "She's with Fadia at the moment, and you should really relax. Erika may not quite have diplomatic tact, but she's still a good kid who can make friends. She gets along well with Anwen." There was a silent nod among the three Dancerians in agreement before Sabin began "Aceus, there's more to Fadia and Fara than being the Princesses of Megiddo, just as there's more to us than being King and Princes of Danceria. It's not out of disrespect for our stations, it's just that people are more than just their occupation. You've got to have faith in Erika to realize that Fadia's just as good of a kid as her older sister..." Edgar would smile and slyly interject. "Or just as mischievous as Erika is..." "Baths are for people to relax, right? So chill. Or rather, don't because this is a-" Sabin stopped himself and shook his head. "I'll shut up now."
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Kuronami
Minister

Founded: Nov 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:56 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:Ilia nodded, understanding.
"If you'll excuse me then, please?", he said and made to rise, "I need to make a phone call."
He understood her fully, after all, the Aurelia would be amongst the very few sailing vessels not participating in the parade, owed to the fact, that she served as the VIP-lounge, plus... they both saw military vessels often enough, even if they were replicas, it still got boring after a while.
He returned a minute later. "Brother agreed and he is going to send someone to fetch you.", he told Yuzu with a smile. "You'll be a guest of honour of his!"

Mahmut leaned back a bit, considering.
"Hm...", he made. Many things he knew in Sinope were things she would most likely find boring, he mostly thought that because he found them boring, and he wanted to leave the Hammam-Visit for the evening. "...how about we visit the Bazaar of Fishes?"

Shirin nodded.
"That would be wonderful! I already know, what might be useful to you in your own career path...", she said about the lessons before leaning forward, smiling, "To be honest, though, I already call you my friend..."

"Oh go right ahead." Yuzu stepped aside so he may pass.

Haru smiled, honestly it didn't matter where he'd take her, as long as she got to be with the handsome prince. "That sounds like a great idea! I'd like to see a little more of the town. Is it just as it sounds, a place with a lot of fish?" she giggled.

"Oooooh" Yuki held to her blushing cheeks at the compliment by Shirin already considering her a friend. The two had only just met in person now and what a step that had already taken and wonderful too. "I can't wait!"

Shamsiyya
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Shamsiyya » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:13 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:Atif smiled a bit sheepish.
"I'm afraid, that I am not familiar with that battle.", he admitted sheepish, "But I think, that I get your point - and I agree."
His smile turned more confident.
"There was actually a time in Kyrenaian History, where legal fights were indeed that: Fights. The warring parties sent their own champions forward to fight it out one man against another one, instead of large battles.", he explained, "That practice was, of course, abolished quite a few centuries ago."

"No, I insist.", the teen said and motioned forward, "Ladies first."
He grinned at that. He had the feeling, that he already lost this one, so he decided to go out with a phrase, that came aptly enough from a novel about the Navy, which played to a part in Sinope: Damn the torpedoes, ahead full!
It meant, that he would still do his bloody best even against insurmountable odds.

Layla smiled back, in the same sheepish way - most certainly, she had exaggerated a bit with her references to Shamsiyyan recent history, which was not that familiar in these parts. Most certainly because the Kyrenaians had definitely had their own problems during the era in question. Shamsiyya hadn't been a place anyone in here had bothered worrying about back then, for understandable reasons.
As Atif became more confident, Layla got relaxed again, too.
She said, "Well, we did have that, too, and if I recall correctly, such fights have quite been a thing in the late years of the Sultanate of Shamsiyya ... the last time constituent states of our Lands, regardless of their dominator's title, were warring each other dates back centuries, too, but the fights remained rather like just for fun. Not the best way to have fun, speaking from a modern perspective, of course, but it used to be a quite popular way to handle issues back then."

Maryam nodded, smiling, and took one of the darts. She was sure to know what he had been thinking. Pretty much the equivalent of, The most dangerous opponents are those who don't need any hope anymore. A popular proverb deriving from Shamsiyyan literature.
"Well, if you insist ..." With these words, she threw.
And missed the center by a few centimeters!
She swore, hardly audibly, in Shamsiyyan, "Ya khara!" - then she said to the teen, grinning, "Now, if you hit the center, you've won."
Last edited by Shamsiyya on Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Founded: May 14, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:30 pm

Merle looked up from the guide book, answering to Zoe, "I wouldn't say, 'shocked' - I'm just comparing prices of foreign spirits that are sold both in here and in our home country. They would be shocked, if they knew how much more one pays for them there than in here."
She decided to take a bottle of Selkie-Whiskey with them, for this opportunity was rare.
"Whereas the difference is rather little when it comes to our beer brands" - Ratko added. "It's only slightly more than at home, which seems logical, considering that they, of course, have to import it from us. They know what's good, though."
Ingmar had a look at the pineapple spirit. He instantly remembered having drunk a similar spirit once, just with additional banana aroma in it, and 46 rotations that one did not really taste from it due to its sweetness, with the nice name Tropical Madness (well, for a given definition of the term 'remembered' ...). He decided, however, that this one could hardly be worse, so it would come along, just like some Lager and Ale. They had enough hands free.
Although they could quite have spent a few hours in here ...
They still looked around, in case they might still find something they had to try by all means.

"back home, alcohol is relatively expensive, not overly so compared to some places but its about a dinar per unit of alcohol and for the conversion, a Northern Dinar is roughly one point two dollars, D.U.I fines are also steep and penalties are based on income so the more you earn, the more you pay" Zoe replied as she scanned the aisles "and on the subject of drinks, I see they have not got Aurora's dark schnapps We call Tzicz, that stuff is like rocket fuel"

Something then caught Zoe's eye,
"perfect, ya can't have beer without pork rind snacks", she says picking up several bags of pork scratchings, the traditional English snack when drinking beer although you dont need to be a beer drinker to enjoy Pork Scratchings.
All storefronts can be found here In my factbook
Factbook: new factbook under construction
RP'sLife in Barentsburg RP ooc
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.
Aurora Confederacy is proud to be a member of the Astyria Region

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Polish Prussian Commonwealth
Senator

Founded: Oct 30, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Polish Prussian Commonwealth » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:44 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:"Well, it is the Hot Room.", Fadia said with a smile, noting, that they went into a smaller Hot Room with no people in there. Just like she had wanted, for she wanted to talk with Erika amongst two girls, without anyone interfering. Two marble benches in the middle of the room provided seating, Fadia shedding her towel and sitting down on the bench, using it as a seating pillow. She petted the bench next to her, smiling invitingly. "I think, that the two of us need to talk a bit without any of those sausage-carriers interfering."

Erika sat down.
"...what is it that you want to speak about? Our families? Our (shitty and hastily cobbled together) pasts?" The corner of her lip began to curl. "International law? Ballistics? The ideal ratio for twist-per-inch for rifling?"
"Furthermore, I submit that Carthage NSG must be destroyed." t. Marcus Porcius Cato

IC name is "Blauveldt-Ryszana".

A traumatized, but recovering, MT-Early PMT/FanT constitutional monarchy consisting of a personal and constitutional union of two Realms. Features: near-universal gun ownership, governmental dysfunction, terrified Christinaslander Air National Guard personnel counting down the days until they rotate back home, and an eternal standoff with the last of it's former oppressors.

Lillorainen
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lillorainen » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:35 am

Aurora Confederacy wrote:"back home, alcohol is relatively expensive, not overly so compared to some places but its about a dinar per unit of alcohol and for the conversion, a Northern Dinar is roughly one point two dollars, D.U.I fines are also steep and penalties are based on income so the more you earn, the more you pay" Zoe replied as she scanned the aisles "and on the subject of drinks, I see they have not got Aurora's dark schnapps We call Tzicz, that stuff is like rocket fuel"

Something then caught Zoe's eye,
"perfect, ya can't have beer without pork rind snacks", she says picking up several bags of pork scratchings, the traditional English snack when drinking beer although you dont need to be a beer drinker to enjoy Pork Scratchings.

Ingmar nodded. Pork scratchings sounded fine.
Ratko raised his eyebrows. Although he knew that the definition of an alcohol unit could vastly vary from country to country, surely only someone who had never been to Lillorainen could be calling two Dollars per unit 'not overly expensive' ... whereas in the Federation, prices for drinks, granted that they were bought in normal liquor stores, were measured by quality and effort of production rather than by the amount of alcohol contained.
He nodded. "In our place, the prices may heavily vary - it depends on the quality, and how much effort it was produced with; a standard or minimum price per alcohol unit doesn't exist" - he explained. "So, there are, of course, premium quality spirits that may cost between fifty and eighty Marks a bottle, especially if they're from abroad, but it's also possible to survive an entire pub night with only twenty Marks. It just depends on what you want."
"Uh, one Mark is around a dollar and twenty" - Ingmar interjected.
"As for driving under influence" - Merle started explaining, looking up from the tourist guide again, "driving when drunk or stoned is, of course, also a bad idea where we're from, and might get very expensive when caught doing so. Having a glass of beer or wine before is usually okay, but better don't move a vehicle when intoxicated, if you hold your cash and your license sacrosanct. The exact fines for it vary from state to state, though."
Since Lillorainen's geography is currently being overhauled a 'tiny' bit, most information on it posted before December 12, 2018, is not entirely reliable anymore. Until there's a new, proper factfile, everything you might need to know can be found here. Thank you. #RetconOfDoom (Very late update, 2020/08/30 - it's still going on ...)

Shwe Tu Colony
Senator

Founded: Sep 27, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Shwe Tu Colony » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:43 am

Kyrenaia wrote:The redhead smiled...

"Sounds like it'll be lovely!" Spiciness said, nodding enthusiastically & with a bit of a pained smile, "Though, if I might ask, what's a... tellak, anyway? Is it something I can eat or maybe cook? I feel restless, you know? I kind of feel like I need to cook, but I don't know if I'd want to do it without Seafood. Not that I can't cook without him, but it's always a much better time when it's both of us." He turned away for a moment, but turned back when the redhead scooted over a little more, his smile growing a little bit more, his expression just a little more flirtatious. His hand brushed for a brief moment against her thigh, long enough to be perceptible & making his attempted tease clear, but not nearly long enough to be awkward.

Still, Seafood remained unsteady as he sat on the stool, feeling too anxious & sick to comprehend as quickly as he should've. "Weeelll, I have... haven't murdered someone 'cept in battles... ah, cod I miss him. But it's about my friend... I-no it... something went wrong. I just," he paused for a moment, his mouth agape & his eyes rolled back, "I've never seen him this way before, but I guess I got... got hit hard enough before getting here. Won't explain but... I feel like I love him more, I really do, but I th-think it's temporary, anyway. I just ne-need to stabilize my mind, & I'll be b-back to my normal antics again." He nearly fell backwards from his stool, but was able to balance himself back on. "Huh... do you guys have any, like, f-fish or something? Some sort of seafood that I can coooook with? Gotta take my mind off of this..."
Cherissime amis! Behold, Shwe Tu Colony/World Machine/WoMac, the paracosm of a spoiled brat, taking everything, sparing nothing, mingling the childhood incroyable with the angst of a young man.
Current status: university rules are just a suggestion
"The summer grass is getting in the way"
Extension

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates