NATION

PASSWORD

Airship Pirates! (Sign-up/Interest Thread)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kremistan
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kremistan » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:37 pm

When are we gonna start?

Gratikistan
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gratikistan » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:27 pm

Name: Samuel MacKinnon
Age/Gender:24/Male
Nationality: Gratikistan
Allegiance: Merc
Relevant Skills: Engineering (advanced clockwork and simpler steam-systems); Charismatic and able to haggle and barter; Carpentry ;
Weapon(s) of Choice: Even though my guy's a non-Fanaglian merc, is he allowed a Tagan Thunderhorse? I'm pitching him as being a traveller/ex-merchant air-navy engineer and might have picked one up somewhere. If they're controlled by the military I can choose something else!
Short Bio:
I have yet to write a factbook about my nation, but in present day it's a recently freed colony of an as yet unnamed Empire (though each character so far has had strong Celtic, specifically Scottish, roots so at the moment, it's definitely something akin to the British Empire in terms of its being European in origin. Gratikistan herself is also strongly influenced by native Polynesian culture. I thought it would be fun, and also more compatible with an RP occurring within Fanaglia's boundaries, to have my character as being of a Gratikistan contemporary to Fanaglia, and therefore still part of the Empire.
Samuel is a young man, who joined the the merchant navy as a cabin boy in his early teens and has experience aboard both their sea-going fleet as well as their airships and has wound up in Fanaglia having managed to leave the service to find his fortune. He is more mature than a teenager but is still admittedly fairly young (meh, write what you know) but gained experience of the workings of clockwork mechanisms and steam engines in the navy. He also learned the art of trade and being naturally charismatic, is surprisingly able at talking his way out of situations. He learned woodwork as a child but prefers only to fall back on this skill when he needs to earn money and nothing is forthcoming. Samuel will need convincing before joining one side or another. He enters the fray unaligned and it is his dream to one day command his own airship, able to come and go wherever he wishes. As a result, he is somewhat actively looking for a place on the crew of an established ship.

Appearance: Image

Only imagine him wearing some slightly more akin to this famous guy:

Sound good? Sorry if it's not all here, and it may be a bit incoherent. It's pretty late, but I wanted to get my entry in ;)

2nd PLT
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby 2nd PLT » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:38 pm

You said to be specific with the weapons now?
Well here I go.
Alec Black carries A LeMat Revolver
Colt Model 1848 "Dragoon" Percussion Army Revolver
Henry Rifle
Executioners sword
Is that okay?
President:Me
Vice President:Mana
First lady:Celestial Divinities
Secretary of State:Juthra
Treasurer:American Capitalist
Minister of Interior and Nukes:Kaputer
Minister of Waste Disposal:Toiletdonia
Press Secretary:Sivonaa
General of the Military:Picklepoo

Agreed. But hey, America's never really fought like a gentleman. We're more of a barroom drunk anyway.-Krazniastan
The height of ambition: A man standing on the pacific shore fapping and telling himself: "One day I am gonna fuck that ocean"-Big Jim P
Some people need to work to be made president. 2nd PLT just turns up on polling day.-Johz
Yes, but you have to remember, trolls live in a dimension between two and three, they are flat but appear to have space.-North Wiedna

Fanaglia
Senator

Founded: Nov 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:51 pm

Fulma wrote:Name: Kan Lisn
Age/Gender: 35, Male
Nationality: [you may choose Fanaglian if you TG me first] Fulman
Allegiance: [RAS, Beaumont Confederacy, or mercenary] mercenary
Relevant Skills: Sword fighting and sharpshooting
Weapon(s) of Choice: [don't get too specific -- just "pistol," "rifle," "blade," or "blunt weapon" will do -- we'll tackle specifics later]Pistol, and rifle, and double blades
Short Bio: [include why you're in Fanaglia if you're not a citizen] hired out by the Fulman Goverment to kill the leader of thise small land he has had several set back's mainly the pirate's, now thta hsi job has been stoped he is now selling himself out to the highest bidder to work for them, does not care what the job is. But has a few dark secrets, like the glove's on his hand's. Everyone ask's him why he wears them and he replays. "Why do you want to know?" Normaly quite, but assertive when he talks.
Appearance: [text or pic is fine] jet black hair that is about shoulder length, hazel eye's, thin lips, has a scale tatoo you can see on the right side of his neck, glove's on both hand's, tall and built like a brick, is around 6'6" and mean, long legs, and long arms, kind of like an ape.

Eh...Good effort, but still not there...

Kremistan wrote:When are we gonna start?

Probably by the end of the week. I've got some stuff to take care of with school; plus, I'd rather it be late than crappy.

Gratikistan wrote:Name: Samuel MacKinnon
Relevant Skills: Engineering (advanced clockwork and simpler steam-systems); Charismatic and able to haggle and barter; Carpentry ;
Weapon(s) of Choice: Even though my guy's a non-Fanaglian merc, is he allowed a Tagan Thunderhorse? I'm pitching him as being a traveller/ex-merchant air-navy engineer and might have picked one up somewhere. If they're controlled by the military I can choose something else!
Short Bio:
I have yet to write a factbook about my nation, but in present day it's a recently freed colony of an as yet unnamed Empire (though each character so far has had strong Celtic, specifically Scottish, roots so at the moment, it's definitely something akin to the British Empire in terms of its being European in origin. Gratikistan herself is also strongly influenced by native Polynesian culture. I thought it would be fun, and also more compatible with an RP occurring within Fanaglia's boundaries, to have my character as being of a Gratikistan contemporary to Fanaglia, and therefore still part of the Empire.
Samuel is a young man, who joined the the merchant navy as a cabin boy in his early teens and has experience aboard both their sea-going fleet as well as their airships and has wound up in Fanaglia having managed to leave the service to find his fortune. He is more mature than a teenager but is still admittedly fairly young (meh, write what you know) but gained experience of the workings of clockwork mechanisms and steam engines in the navy. He also learned the art of trade and being naturally charismatic, is surprisingly able at talking his way out of situations. He learned woodwork as a child but prefers only to fall back on this skill when he needs to earn money and nothing is forthcoming. Samuel will need convincing before joining one side or another. He enters the fray unaligned and it is his dream to one day command his own airship, able to come and go wherever he wishes. As a result, he is somewhat actively looking for a place on the crew of an established ship.

Appearance: Image

Sound good? Sorry if it's not all here, and it may be a bit incoherent. It's pretty late, but I wanted to get my entry in ;)

Accepted! It's coherent enough. Tagan Thunderhorse is cool; they are just as common in Fanaglia as a Colt or S&W. So is Imperial Gratikistan still called Gratikistan, or are you going to have a different name? Also, Pirates took place in the late 17th century, two centuries earlier, so unless Gratiki men in the 1880s were exceptionally old-fashioned, you might want to pick him out a different costume. Cool character all around, though!

2nd PLT wrote:You said to be specific with the weapons now?
Well here I go.
Henry Rifle
Executioners sword
Is that okay?

Kudos on choosing the LeMat! That's always been one of my favorites. My only thing is that a rifle, a large sword, and two handguns seems like an awful lot. Three different calibers, too -- four if you count the shotshell. He's not going to be carrying all that around at once, is he?
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook
OOC: Fanaglia is a steampunk nation; whenever I post IC, I'm posting from 1886. That, or from some sort of weird time rift in which my characters don't realize they are in fact 127 years in the future.
Barringtonia wrote:Only dirty hippies ride bicycles, white supremacists don't ride bicycles EVER, although the Nazis did steal a lot of bicycles from the Dutch, but that was to use the steel to make TANKS!

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Jesus H. Christ on a jelly pogo stick of justice.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:NS forums are SUPERGOOGLE.

The power of dozens of ordinary humans simultaneously interrogating a search engine with slightly different keywords. I'm getting all teared up just thinking of the power.

Fanaglia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:03 pm

While we're all posting weapon loadouts, here are mine.

Capt. Beaumont -- Tagan-12 Model 1883, Tagan Thunderhorse, machete

Adm. Voss -- TR-83C, Colt Peacemaker, naval cutlass
Last edited by Fanaglia on Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook
OOC: Fanaglia is a steampunk nation; whenever I post IC, I'm posting from 1886. That, or from some sort of weird time rift in which my characters don't realize they are in fact 127 years in the future.
Barringtonia wrote:Only dirty hippies ride bicycles, white supremacists don't ride bicycles EVER, although the Nazis did steal a lot of bicycles from the Dutch, but that was to use the steel to make TANKS!

The power of dozens of ordinary humans simultaneously interrogating a search engine with slightly different keywords. I'm getting all teared up just thinking of the power.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:14 pm

Capt. Lafitte's Weapons: The French Espingole Blunderbuss, 3 Colt 1851 Navy Revolvers(two strapped to his sides inside his jacket, one in a holster low on his leg), Machete
Last edited by Maurepas on Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gratikistan
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gratikistan » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:38 am

Fanaglia wrote:
Short Bio:

Appearance:

Accepted! It's coherent enough. Tagan Thunderhorse is cool; they are just as common in Fanaglia as a Colt or S&W. So is Imperial Gratikistan still called Gratikistan, or are you going to have a different name? Also, Pirates took place in the late 17th century, two centuries earlier, so unless Gratiki men in the 1880s were exceptionally old-fashioned, you might want to pick him out a different costume. Cool character all around, though!

Had to laugh when I read that - good point, I'll forget the anachronistic clothing and blame it on the fact it was about 1am and I've had a whole string of late-night-early-risings recently ;-)

As for the unnamed empire, Gratikistan (and Gratikistan's name as such) is intended to be a colony or dominion thereof, but I'm still not managing to come up with any names. I imagine my nation as something akin to the British colonies where a lot of Scots relocated to (the Scottish connection is simply because I live in Scotland), but obviously don't want the empire to be the Real World British Empire. As for dress-wise, let's have him in a three piece suit of the period that has clearly seen better days, but still gives him an air of sophistication, despite his 'lowly' background. He carries a family heirloom in the pocket of his waistcoat - an intricately detailed clockwork pocketwatch. He carries a small set of watchmaker's tools in one of his pockets in addition to a small pair of powerful binoculars given to him by the first mate before leaving the first airship he served on in the merchant navy, the Clement Forthright, a cargo ship carrying Gratiki coffee beans for trade with the surrounding territories.

I'm going to have a think about the country naming, my brain is just not being creative right now with the lack of sleep and the work yadda yadda yadda... Suggestions welcome ;-)
Last edited by Gratikistan on Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sugara
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sugara » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:40 am

Gratikistan wrote:
Fanaglia wrote:
Short Bio:

Appearance:

Had to laugh when I read that - good point, I'll forget the anachronistic clothing and blame it on the fact it was about 1am and I've had a whole string of late-night-early-risings recently ;-)

As for the unnamed empire, Gratikistan (and Gratikistan's name as such) is intended to be a colony or dominion thereof, but I'm still not managing to come up with any names. I imagine my nation as something akin to the British colonies where a lot of Scots relocated to (the Scottish connection is simply because I live in Scotland), but obviously don't want the empire to be the Real World British Empire. As for dress-wise, let's have him in a three piece suit of the period that has clearly seen better days, but still gives him an air of sophistication, despite his 'lowly' background. He carries a family heirloom in the pocket of his waistcoat - an intricately detailed clockwork pocketwatch. He carries a small set of watchmaker's tools in one of his pockets in addition to a small pair of powerful binoculars given to him by the first mate before leaving the first airship he served on in the merchant navy, the Clement Forthright, a cargo ship carrying Gratiki coffee beans for trade with the surrounding territories.

I'm going to have a think about the country naming, my brain is just not being creative right now with the lack of sleep and the work yadda yadda yadda... Suggestions welcome ;-)

If your sugaran, you may join the Sugaran Republican navy

Dimoniquid
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 10, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dimoniquid » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:56 am

Kk. I'm going to add some, if you don't mind.
Winchester Model 1873, 2 LeMat Revolver (On both legs). Is it acceptable if he wears a suit he made while battling on ground? You can check it out here.

Fanaglia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:19 am

Dimoniquid wrote:Kk. I'm going to add some, if you don't mind.
Winchester Model 1873, 2 LeMat Revolver (On both legs). Is it acceptable if he wears a suit he made while battling on ground? You can check it out here.

That's cool as hell, but isn't it a diving suit? Anyway, because you listed him as an inventor, I'd say go ahead.
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook

Prevania
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 06, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Prevania » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:25 am

The Guild of Prevanian Airship Manufacturers would be happy to provide appropriate airships for this war. We have a very wide range of 1920s, 30s and 40s airships, ranging from small blimps to mighty aerobattlecruisers, all at very reasonable prices.

If neccessary, these could be modified to run on steam/sail power, though their performance would suffer.
Prevania (MT)
Presenting Kriegmoglichkeiten International for all your mercenary and deniable strike needs, as well as raw materials. As a special discount, if you quote this, you will receive 5% off all purchases.

For the very best in airship design, visit The Guild of Prevanian Airship Manufacturers
Member of: IASEN, the Conglomerate

LDF Activation Status: 5
Defcon: 1

Prevania Wiki (MT)

Please note, all characters appearing in these posts are fictitious. Resemblances to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental.
Any opinions expressed by these posts may not necessarily reflect the opinions of the person behind them.
Prevania (FT)

Ravea
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Ravea » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:11 am

Last edited by Ravea on Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Omnia mutantur, nihil interit~

Fanaglia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:46 pm

Prevania wrote:The Guild of Prevanian Airship Manufacturers would be happy to provide appropriate airships for this war. We have a very wide range of 1920s, 30s and 40s airships, ranging from small blimps to mighty aerobattlecruisers, all at very reasonable prices.

If neccessary, these could be modified to run on steam/sail power, though their performance would suffer.

I appreciate the offer, but your ships are a bit too heavily armed and a tad too modern for my liking, even if they were converted to steam or sail. Thanks, though!

While all of that is cool as hell, I'm going to have to blow the whistle on some of it. The grapple cannon, the glider, rollerskates, and gauntlet glove I'm fine with, but the earset and jetpack I could be persuaded to take (only because she's an inventor), but the mechanical bugs are a bit too much IMO.

EDIT: I also like what you've done with the airship description. Coolness!
Last edited by Fanaglia on Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook

2nd PLT
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby 2nd PLT » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:47 pm

Fanaglia wrote:
Well here I go.
Henry Rifle
Executioners sword
Is that okay?

Kudos on choosing the LeMat! That's always been one of my favorites. My only thing is that a rifle, a large sword, and two handguns seems like an awful lot. Three different calibers, too -- four if you count the shotshell. He's not going to be carrying all that around at once, is he?

Technically he does...But not into battle. And the Shotshell is the only shell that he uses in the LeMat, which is why he also carries the Colt Dragoon.
As for the sword...I wasn't sure about that myself, but I wanted more than Sword, and there is just too many to chose!
You know what, change that to a Misericorde (If you need it, info is here) which would fit more with his character.
On duty, he carries the Rifle , and the LeMat. He carries A box with 40 rounds for the Rifle. And he carries 6 shotshell rounds for the LeMat.
Off duty he opts for the Colt, and 24 rounds for it.
He always carries his blade.

Is that better?

Agreed. But hey, America's never really fought like a gentleman. We're more of a barroom drunk anyway.-Krazniastan
The height of ambition: A man standing on the pacific shore fapping and telling himself: "One day I am gonna fuck that ocean"-Big Jim P
Some people need to work to be made president. 2nd PLT just turns up on polling day.-Johz
Yes, but you have to remember, trolls live in a dimension between two and three, they are flat but appear to have space.-North Wiedna

Fanaglia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:06 pm

2nd PLT wrote:
Fanaglia wrote:
Well here I go.
Henry Rifle
Executioners sword
Is that okay?

Technically he does...But not into battle. And the Shotshell is the only shell that he uses in the LeMat, which is why he also carries the Colt Dragoon.
As for the sword...I wasn't sure about that myself, but I wanted more than Sword, and there is just too many to chose!
You know what, change that to a Misericorde (If you need it, info is here) which would fit more with his character.
On duty, he carries the Rifle , and the LeMat. He carries A box with 40 rounds for the Rifle. And he carries 6 shotshell rounds for the LeMat.
Off duty he opts for the Colt, and 24 rounds for it.
He always carries his blade.

Is that better?

That does sound better; nice blade choice. I'm just a little confused as to why he would bother carrying around the LeMat for use as just a shotgun; why carry around a single-shot 16ga. shotgun when he could just have a shortened double-barrel 12ga., or a modernized or even an antique dragon pistol (handgun blundberbuss). Plus, if the Colt is only to be used as a pistol and the LeMat is only to be used as a shotty, why not just use the LeMat and forget about the Colt? They're roughly the same caliber, the LeMat's effective range is only slightly shorter, and the LeMat holds 3 more shells.
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook

Polska rzczpolspolita
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Polska rzczpolspolita » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:23 pm

Well, while we're still on it:
Makze uses this:
also, updated him looks more like a guy in a scruffed up leather jaket, like seamen used to wear, and workboots.
The Republic of Both Nations

2nd PLT
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby 2nd PLT » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:29 pm

Fanaglia wrote:That does sound better; nice blade choice. I'm just a little confused as to why he would bother carrying around the LeMat for use as just a shotgun; why carry around a single-shot 16ga. shotgun when he could just have a shortened double-barrel 12ga., or a modernized or even an antique dragon pistol (handgun blundberbuss). Plus, if the Colt is only to be used as a pistol and the LeMat is only to be used as a shotty, why not just use the LeMat and forget about the Colt? They're roughly the same caliber, the LeMat's effective range is only slightly shorter, and the LeMat holds 3 more shells.

I'll be honest with you...My knowledge of firearms is limited to the 20th and 21st centuries.
The Colt Dragoon is supposed to take place of the Rifle in his off times, and the LeMat... Well, when I chose it, I thought "A shotgun in revolver size! Sounds useful."
He would use the Rifle to pick off distant targets (Relatively distant, still within effective range.) while he would switch to the LeMat at short ranges, then to the blade when he had to finish off an opponent at melee range...
Sorry, when I chose the weapons I wasn't in my tactical mood. Now I am.
Yes, scrap the Colt, and he'll just carry the LeMat. He will carry 6 shotshells and 24 .40 caliber shells.
I do remember why I chose the dragoon though... Ammunition. I was going to have a weapon that would be reliable and would not require powder, instead having cased ammunition. Plus I didn't read through the page on the LeMat, I didn't realize it had a central chamber just for one 16 Gauge shell.

Anyway, Yes, he carries the LeMat, the Henry rifle, and the Misericorde.

Ravea
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Ravea » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:44 pm

Fanaglia wrote:
Prevania wrote:The Guild of Prevanian Airship Manufacturers would be happy to provide appropriate airships for this war. We have a very wide range of 1920s, 30s and 40s airships, ranging from small blimps to mighty aerobattlecruisers, all at very reasonable prices.

I appreciate the offer, but your ships are a bit too heavily armed and a tad too modern for my liking, even if they were converted to steam or sail. Thanks, though!

While all of that is cool as hell, I'm going to have to blow the whistle on some of it. The grapple cannon, the glider, rollerskates, and gauntlet glove I'm fine with, but the earset and jetpack I could be persuaded to take (only because she's an inventor), but the mechanical bugs are a bit too much IMO.

EDIT: I also like what you've done with the airship description. Coolness!

I can take out the bugs and the communicator; the jetpack is designed more as a means of very quickly boarding or as a getaway device. It'll have maybe ten second of thrust before having to be refilled again.
~Omnia mutantur, nihil interit~

Wolffbaden
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolffbaden » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:06 pm

I'll post my stuff later.

Kremistan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kremistan » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:26 pm

Fang., do I need to post weapons for the average soldier and officer in the 32SD?

Wolffbaden
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolffbaden » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:49 pm

Name: Fritz Rumey [Lieutenant, Chief Engineer]

Age/Gender: 35/Male

Date of Birth: May 27, 1847

Nationality: Kuligan

Allegiance: Mercenary

Relevant Skills: Engineering, mechanics, crew management, previous aviation experience

Weapon(s) of Choice:T-71 8x57mm IR Bolt-Action Rifle with custom sawback sword bayonet.

Equipment: Tools mostly, ammunition belts, scabbard for sawback bayonet, 15 tonne-capacity crates (all empty; can be used for more organized cargo, weaponry, ammunition, etc. storage), two tonne-capacity crates of scrap metal.

Short Bio: Born May 27, 1847, to Uhlanders from the barrowdowns of Kuligan, Rumey attended the Friesack Aviation Military Academy from 1860-1865. Whilst he was there, his entire family perished in an unfortunate city-block fire. Graduating with honors, he was trained to be an able crewman aboard middle-grade standard variants of Tagan airships, A through K-class. After spending a time in the air corps, he was discharged and started his own mechanical business- which unfortunately failed after a few months due to grandiose designs and invention ideas, not to say none of them were implemented. After his company was dissolved, he gathered up the remaining few inventions he had created that he could (a couple of variants of guns, a sword bayonet, and some tools) and set out on a tour of the world. He traveled with mercenary groups over the course of 22 years and several old friends from his business, eventually putting his services out for hire on the market after all his acquaintances either were killed, deserted, or went missing. He seeks to fly aboard an airship and be its chief engineer, not command one himself. He seeks friendship and comradery amongst his allies and loves it all the more when it relates to flying. While he's not much for close fighting, he can shoot accurately enough and is skilled when it comes to technology.

Appearance: See Picture Below

Last edited by Wolffbaden on Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fanaglia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:30 pm

2nd PLT wrote:Yes, scrap the Colt, and he'll just carry the LeMat. He will carry 6 shotshells and 24 .40 caliber shells.
I do remember why I chose the dragoon though... Ammunition. I was going to have a weapon that would be reliable and would not require powder, instead having cased ammunition. Plus I didn't read through the page on the LeMat, I didn't realize it had a central chamber just for one 16 Gauge shell.

Anyway, Yes, he carries the LeMat, the Henry rifle, and the Misericorde.

...The Dragoon was cap-and-ball, too, lol. Anyway, towards the later years of the LeMat's production, it was available in .44 pinfire, as well as the new (in 1865) 12mm Perrin and 11mm Chamelot-Delvigne centerfire cartridges (the shot barrel on the centerfire guns was 24ga., though), so you need not worry about troublesome percussion caps or black powder once you choose a caliber :)

Ravea wrote:I can take out the bugs and the communicator; the jetpack is designed more as a means of very quickly boarding or as a getaway device. It'll have maybe ten second of thrust before having to be refilled again.

I'd say you're good to go, then :)

Kremistan wrote:Fang., do I need to post weapons for the average soldier and officer in the 32SD?

It wouldn't hurt. Oh, one thing I've just noticed: your rifle is really heavy. The Krag-Jørgensen weighed less than half as much.
Last edited by Fanaglia on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook

Kremistan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kremistan » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:51 pm

...aaaand that's what I get for making up numbers that sound right when overtired and trying to apply my MT knowledge to a PT roleplay. So, KIDI-BAR III will have an amended weight of 11 lbs, for the sake of not telescoping the spines of my infantrymen. They thank you very profusely. And I thank you for putting up with my aura of chaos and Devil-in-the-Details ideas.

32SD Infantryman
KIDI-BAR III, ten magazines
Bowie Knife/Bayonet

32SD officer
Rasht Officer's Revolver (essentially a Webley)
Saber (choice of particular style is up to the individual)

Fanaglia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:54 pm

Wolffbaden wrote:Name: Fritz Rumey [Lieutenant, Chief Engineer]
Age/Gender: 49/Male

Date of Birth: May 27, 1847

Nationality: Kuligan

Allegiance: Mercenary

Relevant Skills: Engineering, mechanics, radiography and wireless communications, crew management, previous aviation experience

Weapon(s) of Choice: M80 Parabellum Machine Pistol, T-71 8x57mm IR Bolt-Action Rifle with custom sawback sword bayonet.

Equipment: Tools mostly, ammunition belts, holster for M80 Parabellum Machine Pistol, scabbard for sawback bayonet, 15 tonne-capacity crates (all empty; can be used for more organized cargo, weaponry, ammunition, etc. storage), two tonne-capacity crates of scrap metal.

Short Bio: Born May 27, 1847, to Uhlanders from the barrowdowns of Kuligan, Rumey attended the Friesack Aviation Military Academy from 1860-1865. Whilst he was there, his entire family perished in an unfortunate city-block fire. Graduating with honors, he was trained to be an able crewman aboard middle-grade standard variants of Tagan airships, A through K-class. After spending a time in the air corps, he was discharged and started his own mechanical business- which unfortunately failed after a few months due to grandiose designs and invention ideas, not to say none of them were implemented. After his company was dissolved, he gathered up the remaining few inventions he had created that he could (a couple of variants of guns, a sword bayonet, and some tools) and set out on a tour of the world. He traveled with mercenary groups over the course of 22 years and several old friends from his business, eventually putting his services out for hire on the market after all his acquaintances either were killed, deserted, or went missing. He seeks to fly aboard an airship and be its chief engineer, not command one himself. He seeks friendship and comradery amongst his allies and loves it all the more when it relates to flying. While he's not much for close fighting, he can shoot accurately enough and is skilled when it comes to technology.

Appearance: See Picture Below

I do like your character a lot, but he definitely looks to be living in the late 1890s at the earliest, especially because if he were born in May of 1847, he would only be 35, not 49.

Secondly, Nikola Tesla was who presented the first working example of wireless telegraphy, which wasn't until 1893; I could believe that an inventor may have been dabbling in the experimental technology in 1883, but not that your average military man would be able to call himself an "expert."

Next, I appreciate your trying to reappropriate later RL weapons as your own, but the Mosin-Nagant won't show up for almost a decade and the C96 Mauser not for another decade and a half, the Schnellfeuer (the full-auto version) wasn't until 1932.

I'll tag your man as Pending for now; just change out the weapons and tweak his skills a bit and you'll be good to go.
Last edited by Fanaglia on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook

Fanaglia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:56 pm

Kremistan wrote:...aaaand that's what I get for making up numbers that sound right when overtired and trying to apply my MT knowledge to a PT roleplay. So, KIDI-BAR III will have an amended weight of 11 lbs, for the sake of not telescoping the spines of my infantrymen. They thank you very profusely. And I thank you for putting up with my aura of chaos and Devil-in-the-Details ideas.

32SD Infantryman
KIDI-BAR III, ten magazines
Bowie Knife/Bayonet

32SD officer
Rasht Officer's Revolver (essentially a Webley)
Saber (choice of particular style is up to the individual)

<3 the Webley :)
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates