NATION

PASSWORD

Armacham and The Rogue State of BBR [IC, Closed]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Armacham Technologies Corporation
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Armacham and The Rogue State of BBR [IC, Closed]

Postby Armacham Technologies Corporation » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:51 pm

(Ignore the sniper- that mofo ain't there.)

Armacham HQ, Fairport, 1600hrs.

The sky was just beginning to lower in its brightness over the Long Island cityscape of Fairport. The view of the metropolis was just like any other major cityscape would be. The only remarkable feature of the otherwise bustling city was the titan of a dark gray building that dominated the skyline; the large illuminated letters spelling out ARMACHAM TECHNOLOGIES alongside the width of the building. Arriving via an Armacham Security helicopter, the pilot lands on the bright blue helipad on the front of the building. As the helicopter came to a decent, the first thing James would see is a single man dressed in a dark gray colored business suit; accompanied by two rows of soldiers. The identical-looking soldiers were unlike anything ever seen before- dressed in M81 fatigues and adorning olive-drab steel armored plating, with the helmets resembling a combination of balaclavas and a singular golden visor running across a welder's mask pair of goggles. The man himself, presumed to be President Beckett, was smiling faintly as the helicopter came to rest on the pad. One of the odd-looking soldiers accompanied Beckett up to the pad and pulled the helicopter's door open, immedeatly stepping back and snapping into a salute at James. Beckett spoke up; voice weathered yet slick with the undertone of a level-headed diplomat. "Welcome to Armacham, President LaRouge." Beckett said, holding out his right hand in a handshake.

Bonnie Blue Republic
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 20, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bonnie Blue Republic » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:26 pm

Rising from the back seat of the chopper, LaRouge cast a practiced eye over the soldiers assembled before them, before then extending his hand to Beckett.
James was clad in a simple black suit; the only symbol of his rank was a simple flag pin in his lapel.
When he spoke, it was with the easy cadence of a southerner.
"President Beckett, I presume? Greetings from the Bonnie Blue Republic."

Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Armacham Technologies Corporation » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:02 pm

Beckett completed the handshake with a nod and a smile. "The pleasure's mine, Mr. LaRouge." He then glanced to his right and nodded once at the soldier idling by his side. "Echo 326, get the door." The identical-looking trooper snapped to almost instantly in Beckett's direction in a crisp salute, barking out an eerily monotonous-yet-energetic "Yes, Sir!" as the trooper broke into a jog down the helipad and past the row of the soldiers, standing by the door and holding it open. Beckett nodded in satisfaction after seeing the soldier perform his task; a content smile on his face with the course of events proceeding before him. "Let's get off this pad and down to the conference room; we've much to talk about." Beckett said as he turned on a heel, heading down the helipad ramp. The soldiers straightened up in Beckett's sightline; uniformly shifting in their stance all at once to produce a sharp 'CLACK!' of clicking heels as they stood straighter at attention than before. Beckett glanced over his shoulder and ask in a casual manner, "Enjoy the flight here?" Without missing a beat as the helicopter began to power down, he strode down the path of the helipad access doorway and into the top floor of the facility; descending two flights of stairs before reaching the second-floor foyer. Almost instantly, the scene changed. No longer did it seem they were outside a conventional-looking office helipad.

The interior of the first hallway was bathed in a low-light dark grey; pockmarked along both sides with various offices at irregular intervals. Continuing down the hallway and taking a left through an oakwood-furnished doorway did they reach another elongated hallway; however, the interior walls were now painted a soothing peach-beige color. This section was structured with a singular square archway, the white letters running across it read; "DEPARTMENT OF FOREIGN RELATIONS." Continuing onward through a few more twists and turns, they finally arrived at a singular room with shadowed blackout glass and two guards on either side of the door. Upon noticing Beckett, the leftmost one reached out and opened the door as he guestured Beckett inside- most likely eyeing the new arrival with a distrusting gaze behind polarized spectacles. Shutting the door behind them, the new environment finally gave way to a rather luxurious looking conference-style room; complete with a wine cabinet and a single coffee table situated in between two black leather chairs. The rest of the room was taken up by a large, oval-shaped oakwood desk with about eight chairs arranged along the sides; about the same level of predictability one would come to suspect a standard conference room's layout would be. Beckett made his way over to the wine cabinet and stated pridefully. "Welcome to Armacham, James- If I may address you by such. Make yourself settled; can I get you anything to drink?

Bonnie Blue Republic
Civil Servant

Father Knows Best State

Postby Bonnie Blue Republic » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:13 am

As the assembled soldiers snapped to attention, LaRouge glanced thir direction and gave a small smile. Then when Beckett began to speak, his eyes snapped to that worthy.
"The flight was fine, just fine. Thank you for asking"
His step into the building was easy and seemed slow, although he had no trouble keeping up with Beckett's walking speed.
When asked about drinks, LaRouge grinned for a second, then spoke once more:
"As much as I would like a drink, it would not seem prudent at the moment. Perhaps after we have conversed we can enjoy some vintage"

Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Armacham Technologies Corporation » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:29 am

Beckett smiled with a nod of his head, turning back around to face James as he strode over to the foremost leather seat and sat down within it as he crossed his legs and folded his hands into his lap. The man himself couldn't have been older than his early thirties, with hardened features contrasting against tapered brown hair and light brown eyes. He cleared his throat once and proceeded to speak. "I appreciate your time to come out here once again, Sir. What would you like to discuss between Armacham and the Bonnie Blue Republic? Beckett asked. Outside the hall, the moderate-volume march of the Replica soldiers thrummed rhythmically down the corridor of the rooftop access stairwell as Beckett briefly glanced up above him with a soft smirk, before returning his focus to James LaRouge.

Bonnie Blue Republic
Civil Servant

Father Knows Best State

Postby Bonnie Blue Republic » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:30 pm

LaRouge seated himself calmly, his own pale blue eyes alert and flicking rapidly around the room.
"I was curious, mostly. Out of all of those nations my staff have contacted, you were the first to respond and ask that we meet further.
I must admit, though, that armor has me intrigued. What is it?"

Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Armacham Technologies Corporation » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:31 am

Beckett nodded, briefly raising an eyebrow as James mentioned that Armacham was the only nation to respond back. Surely that couldn't have been possible, right? Logging that thought to the back of his mind, Micheal's eyes lit up as LaRouge questioned the Replicas. Micheal cleared his throat before speaking up. "The Replicas? The armor is standard-issue to the lighter infantry units- just steel plating and under-woven ballistic kevlar, really. The Replicas themselves were 'born' from past projects; when Armacham was run by someone who didn't know what they were dealing with. In essence, they're fully-cloned supersoldiers. We thought we'd shut the project down, but after some reconsideration with a potential ally- we'd be continuing the project. They're truly a valuable military asset."

Beckett realized he was getting ahead of himself, cutting his speech off with a short exhale. "Regardless, I don't see why you wouldn't be contacted by other nations. How would you say you conduct your Republic, and what does your military look like?" It was an odd question, surely, but Beckett was curious. James didn't seem like a tyrannical dictator in the slightest to him. "Also, this territory you share- Land's End, right? What could Armacham do to benefit the other nations residing there?"

Bonnie Blue Republic
Civil Servant

Father Knows Best State

Postby Bonnie Blue Republic » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:38 pm

[Sorry it took me so long to respond... I've had IRL issues]
LaRouge's face again broke into a half smile; he leaned forward in his chair and began to speak. "Clone soldiers, huh? Can't say I've ever seen the need. There's always somebody you can give a uniform and a gun. But I digress"

He leaned back once more. "You ask about the running of my Bonnie Blue Republic. Well, as you are not doubt aware, I am the President thereof. Into that office I was elected some years ago, and I have been reelected as is appropriate for a civilized nation. Many accuse me of being a tyrant; I simply see myself as the champion of the common man. After all, it's not his fault he can't be trusted to know what's best for him, is it?"

As he spoke, LaRouge had been slowly leaning forward once more; following that statement, he leaned back, cocking a questioning eyebrow at Beckett.

Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Armacham Technologies Corporation » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:02 am

[No worries!]

Beckett listened intently, nodding as LaRouge concluded his question. "I understand that. Before I came to lead this company back on track, I was a member of a Special Forces squad sent to oust the former head of Armacham. Rather than dismantle the company where it stood, I realized that the assets they had could be taken into a different direction. Initially, the public was skeptical, and I don't blame them. In fact, they were all but unaware what Armacham had truly done before we were sent in to eliminate the CEO."

Beckett concluded his monolouge with a punctual sigh. "I concur. Even if a few political freedoms and policy changes have to be stripped away and reformed, I don't doubt that either of us are doing what is best for our citizenry in the name of societal progression." Beckett smiled genuinely.
Last edited by Armacham Technologies Corporation on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bonnie Blue Republic
Civil Servant

Father Knows Best State

Postby Bonnie Blue Republic » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:11 pm

"I digress, of course. You were the one who came to me, you were the one who wanted to talk. Now, from one old soldier to another, what the hell do you want?"
LaRouge spoke calmly, simple cocking an eyebrow as he finished his question and leaned back forward, his elbows resting on the table.

"We are both busy men, of course. And while I am certainly enjoying this conversation, I don't have the time for frivolous word games. Mister Beckett, if you could cut to the chase... I feel neither of us truly enjoys these verbal dances"

Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Armacham Technologies Corporation » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:30 pm

Almost instantly, the soldier's jaw steeled as his voice spoke; an octave dipping lower as he cleared his throat. Beckett leaned forward slightly, punctuating the air with a sigh as he continued. "Armacham can't do it alone. We've spent the last three years fighting a war on three fronts over the control of Fairport. Having just recently claimed our victory, we are underfunded both econominally and diplomatically. I want an alliance between our nations, plain and simple."

The main door to the refurbished office opened, and two uniformed ATC Guards stepped into the room and stood by the open door. One of them spoke. "Sir, I have a repo-" Beckett held up a hand, with the guard instantly shutting his mouth and standing by his compatriot with a nod. Micheal kept eye contact with James, and spoke again. "What can Armacham do to get started?"

Bonnie Blue Republic
Civil Servant

Father Knows Best State

Postby Bonnie Blue Republic » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:06 pm

LaRouge nodded, slowly; his eyes locked on Beckett, never breaking contact.
"So you got yourself into a fight and now that it's over you need help to stay alive. Might I ask who this war was with? And the state of your enemies?"

He leaned back, glancing over at the two ATC guards, standing at the door, then turned back to Beckett.
"I would prefer if you would go ahead and receive this report and then these gentlemen left. Having extra ears around makes me nervous. I'm sure you understand."

Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Armacham Technologies Corporation » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:49 pm

Beckett nodded, turning with a stern look toward the rightmost ATC figure. The young guard cleared his throat and quickly spoke up. "We just lost contact with Theta-Five down in the Auburn District." The guard glanced to James breifly, before speaking up and obviously choosing his words around the suited figure. "-possible PA's sighted." Micheal sighed, then spoke briskly. "Consult Kiera for orders, son. I'm a bit busy at the moment." The two guards left rather hurridly as they shut the door behind them, thudding down the hallway. Micheal turned back to James, and sighed. "The former head of this company used to be hostile to us. Alongside fighting their remaining forces who have based outside the city limits, their previous expriments also caused paranormal activity in the area.

Beckett sighed again. "We're still fighting a band of disgruntled reminants, ex-military contractors and literal ghosts. I didn't ask to get sent into this fight; the government made us clean up their mess. I'm just trying to lock this down, clean this up, and protect these citizens since the government essentially cut off all support following the outbreak and essentially turned this part of New Jersey into an independent state. An alliance would help tremendouly with containing the situation as needed, in exchange for Armacham providing whatever services or technologies that the allying nation would need or be interested in having once this situation is contained." Beckett concluded his explination, still making eye contact with James.

Bonnie Blue Republic
Civil Servant

Father Knows Best State

Postby Bonnie Blue Republic » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:07 pm

"So you would need military aid, then? That, I assure you, I can do. I'm not the man you want to talk to about such things, though. That would be the Bonnie Blue Commandant, an old friend of mine my the name of Jean Alecrosso. I assume, however, that you would need more, than just troops. Tell me, Mr. Beckettt... what do you need? And what've you got to offer in return?"

Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Armacham Technologies Corporation » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:07 pm

Beckett leaned back in his seat, folding his hands into his lap. "Understood. What I need the most of at this current moment is international aid. Economical, Healthcare and Security. I'm sure Mr. Alecrosso could help with that if he is the one to speak to. In return, Armacham is prepared to offer your Federation new technologies, military assets, and international aid should anything be required. When we can get our labs back up and running, I am also preparing to have our facilities review research proposals from other nations. We build it, they buy it. The way Armacham is in its current state, we're in no position to fight an offensive war against the enemies of another nation for some time, but we can lend whatever forces, technologies or supplies are needed to allies." Beckett concluded, a proud smirk ghosting across his features.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates