NATION

PASSWORD

The Banquet of Caerlegion [SC Only][Invite Only]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Caerlegion
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Caerlegion » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:06 am

The Kings Chambers, Pembroke Castle

After the Banquet, the King returned to his to digest what happened at the feast. "Jesus, I can't believe Drusus nearly ODed on cocaine and nearly started a fight with Mark Anthony." The King started to drink heavily as he knew the next day began talks with the beastly warrior race from the South on their alliance to defeat the Goblin scum and the formation of the Confederacy of Non-Allied Powers which he knew was going to be the longest day of his life.

The Next Day, the War Room of Pembroke Castle

The Beasts from the South entered in a brutish way and sat opposite the King. The King stood up and spoke, "My friends, today we create an alliance with our two great nations to defeat the Goblin scum, the terms of the treaty are as follows. Mutual Military support and training by our respective armies in Special forces tactics and use of your winter climate for the training of my army, my scientists will design you weapons and war machines , general trading of our nations minerals and finally the use of my countries warships for the transport of your troops. Is this agreeable my Noble friends?" the Warrior Lord stood up and grunted in agreement of the Treaty.
When there is War prepare for Peace. When there is Peace prepare for War.

Romae in Perpetuum
Envoy

Founded: Mar 14, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Romae in Perpetuum » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:07 am

Later that day, War Room of Pembroke Castle, Kingdom of Caerlegion

After he had been thoroughly seen to by his medical team, and then having promised them he would calm down for a few days, Drusus stumbled into the war room and collapsed into the nearest chair.

He sat with his eyes closed for a few moments before a cough from King Llewyn brought him back to semi consciousness. He grinned weakly at the assembled dignitaries from Asgareth, Skjoldur and Caerlegion.
“Decent night eh boys?” He said whilst yawning “I haven’t had a night like that since…when did we burn down the villa again?” An awkward silence descended over the room, but Drusus just shrugged.
“Well I understand I’m a few hours late, or maybe...like a day? What have we been up to?
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

Asgareth
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 27, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Asgareth » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:16 am

The Asgarthian, Caerlegion and Skjoldurian delegates had all been in discussions, most notably about the potential for an international football league between their nations. After noticing Drusus, Axyl paused. He studied Drusus for a second, before he began to laugh.
“Drusus, how are you? How’s the head? Tell me, do you remember much from last night? No? I expected as much. Your father has been in touch, are you aware? He said he wanted to talk to you about your… expenses. He didn’t sound too pleased. Now, you’ve forgotten everything from last night right? Well, not much happened.”
Axyl paused, as he reached for the treaty. “Oh, you did sign this treaty. Asgareth now owns half of Romae, and you’ve admitted Caesar to be a bald fraud.”

He held the treaty just beyond Drusus’ reach, and smiled at him, as he saw the fear rise in Drusus' eyes.
"Only joking. We've only taken a quarter. Come, read."
Former member of the Sovereign Charter 17.12.2015-10.03.2019; Former member of the Fourth Sovereign Charter 10.03.2019-14.07.2020;
Former wanderer in the wild 15.07.2020-11.01.2023;
Proud member of The Charter 11.01.2023-Present
Drekhi: Asgareth is not a place, it is a vintage

Romae in Perpetuum
Envoy

Founded: Mar 14, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Romae in Perpetuum » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:45 am

“No worse than usual.” The prince said disinterestedly. “Not that you would know having left so early, but I suppose you had to have your vitamin supplements or maybe you had a little accident? You should hear what your wife used to say…but I digress.”

He snapped his fingers and one of his new ducal servants brought the treaty over. Not as good as slave labour but nearly as cheap. He briefly perused the treaty it seemed like he’d agreed to the formation of some secret confederacy to oppose the established Rusinian alliances.
“Seems fair enough.” He said airily. “Plus, I’ve always said negotiations should always be conducted after snorting a plantation and a half. Oh, Caesar’s still on holiday so tell my brother he can take the expenses out of what he owes me.”

He laughed loudly, “Rome agrees in principle with these conditions, obviously we can’t announce this publicly but I’m sure we can keep this between us, were all trustworthy right?” He suddenly yawned and checked his watch, “if we’ve no more business then I should be going. I’ve a brand-new duchy to explore…when I figure out where it is of course.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

Asgareth
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 27, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Asgareth » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:56 am

And so, the Banquet of Caerlegion came to a close. The respective delegates returned to their homes. Axyl felt the conference had gone rather well, all things considered. The banquet, meanwhile, had been disappointing – he’d be sure never to return for a banquet here. The emergence of Caerlegion and Skjoldur onto the world stage would change the geopolitical stage – though most did not know it yet.

Four copies of the treaty were made, dispatched to each nation. The original was lost in an accident, most likely at Drusus’ hands.Of course, he would never accept blame, but the large trace of cocaine found in the ashes, does suggest he played a part. It was a shame, really. After all, Asgareth would have protected the original at all costs. Still, the alliance was now in effect, and the Confederation of Non-Aligned Powers breathed its first breath.
Former member of the Sovereign Charter 17.12.2015-10.03.2019; Former member of the Fourth Sovereign Charter 10.03.2019-14.07.2020;
Former wanderer in the wild 15.07.2020-11.01.2023;
Proud member of The Charter 11.01.2023-Present
Drekhi: Asgareth is not a place, it is a vintage

Previous

Return to NationStates