NATION

PASSWORD

PrismNet Beta 1.1 [IC | SOCIAL NETWORK]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Folaisia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Folaisia » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:17 pm

Marie-Noëlle Saint-Yves
USER
D.I.P.S., Dunkeld, Auchmablair Region, Folaisia
Student Majoring in Environmental Engineering and Minoring in Statistics

@Victoria Braun @Annamarie Braun Cool! I fancy myself with romance and short stories, as well as non-fiction. Like you, Annamarie, horror is not my strong suit. I couldn't bear to read even one sentence from a book of that genre. And it's always nice to just go into a library that's as simmering as yours, Victoria. It's like having a cup of tea without even having one. :) Does the couple hold you with high regard each time you go there, by the way?

[LIKE] 211
[DISLIKE] 10
[REPLY]
[SHARE]
The Scottish kingdom in North America.

Other Nations: Avraland | Belesta | Joyonghea | Quen Minh

Kuronami
Minister

Founded: Nov 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:25 pm

Victoria Braun
USER
Snowfield, Kuronami
I want to be a novelist!

@Marie-Noëlle Saint-Yves, @Annamarie Braun

Indeed they do! We're their best customers so they will set some favorites aside for us. The Missus even once went to the trouble to order a book that was only in Caloris and get it brought all the way up here just for us. Indeed, Victoria really can't handle horror but hey it's not for everyone ^_^ But me I love a good horror book on dark stormy nights but other nights stormy nights are perfect for Anne and I to cuddle together and read a story together!

[LIKE]3
[DISLIKE] 0
[REPLY]
[SHARE]

Folaisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Folaisia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:33 pm

Marie-Noëlle Saint-Yves
USER

@Victoria Braun @Annamarie Braun Be proud of yourselves for obtaining that achievement. Bonnie well done! And how cute you two to do that! I remember doin that with my ma when I was a young lass.

@Victoria Braun As for horror stories, you should talk to @Gordon MacFarlane about that. Not only does he play horror games with his friends, but he also reads such stories whenever the time suits him! By the way, is that a real pipe you're holding in your profile picture?

[LIKE] 221
[DISLIKE] 8
[REPLY]
[SHARE]

Gordon MacFarlane
USER
Student Majoring in Electrical Engineering and Minoring in Mathematics

@Marie-Noëlle Saint-Yves Did somebody say horror stories? Also, I'm sorry again for not bein with you lads and lassies up there. Had stuff to do.

[LIKE] 250
[DISLIKE] 6
[REPLY]
[SHARE]

Archie MacFadden
USER
Ardshiel, Kirkbreck-Villeurluçon Region, Folaisia
Sergeant Major in the Special Naval Operations Division

@Emblyn Berryman Hey, there! How's the wee Cornish lassie doin?

[LIKE] 112
[DISLIKE] 4
[REPLY]
[SHARE]
Last edited by Folaisia on Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kuronami
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:45 pm

Victoria Braun
USER
Snowfield, Kuronami
I want to be a novelist!

@Marie-Noëlle Saint-Yves

Yeah we always rest easier together, we're just very close like that. ^_^ Oh no the pipe is not real, it's ceramic. So I get to play detective sometimes and look the part.

[LIKE] 3
[DISLIKE] 0
[REPLY]
[SHARE]
[/quote]

Folaisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Folaisia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:42 pm

Marie-Noëlle Saint-Yves
USER

@Victoria Braun I see. Hau mignon (how cute), the pipe and your relationship! Wish I was that close with my big brother.

@Gordon MacFarlane It's alright. Also, I've mentioned you when I was talkin to this cute wee lassie @Victoria Braun when she mentioned horror stories. I'll introduce you whenever the time's right. :) Anyways, wanna to meet up at Sugar Rings?

[LIKE] 215
[DISLIKE] 6
[REPLY]
[SHARE]

Gordon MacFarlane
USER

@Marie-Noëlle Saint-Yves Sure thing. I'm up for doughnuts.

[LIKE] 221
[DISLIKE] 6
[REPLY]
[SHARE]

Emblyn Berryman
USER
New Glasgow, New Glasgow Royal Region, Folaisia
Color Sergeant in Queen Rosemarije's Own Royal Guard Regiment

@Archie MacFadden I'm doin good, Sergeant Major. How's your R&R so fa?

[LIKE] 78
[DISLIKE] 2
[REPLY]
[SHARE]
Last edited by Folaisia on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mediama
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 20, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mediama » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:10 pm

Claire Mayhew
USER
Mediama, Somewhere in the Atlantic
Aircraft Mechanic, Mediaman Royal Navy

@Emblyn Berryman Guardsmen eh? Must be a pretty interesting post for your MOS.

[LIKE] 5
[DISLIKE] 3
[REPLY]
[SHARE]
Basically, Canada with Naboo style royalty and more British. My supposed foil and puppet nation is Consertoria

MBC News: Landmark decision establishes national holiday for elections|Seagull shows no fear as it crashes into power generator, causing massive blackouts|Talks in the process for upcoming state visit by Liegallan delegates|Mediaman Pacific Fleet conducts exercises with the United States|Parliament debates over intervention in Hintuwan over communist terrorism|Local Mediaman arrested after attempting to buy clothes from a soup store|Negotiations reached between Illistrantian municipal government and local LGBT Center restricting Pride parades to people 18 and over|Prime Minister Herman Marshal highlights need to 'counter communism around every corner'

Folaisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Folaisia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:39 pm

Emblyn Berryman
USER

@Claire Mayhew Thank you. Indeed, it's interestin. Doing a deal of public, instead of being out in the front, especially in the past. And I take it you're in an interestin place out there.

[LIKE] 66
[DISLIKE] 4
[REPLY]
[SHARE]

Kuronami
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:54 am

Victoria Braun
USER
Snowfield, Kuronami
I want to be a novelist!

@Gordon MacFarlane
@Marie-Noëlle Saint-Yves Tells me you're quite a horror enthusiast. May I ask what kind you like? Supernatural, body horror, psychological? Perhaps you fall into the discussion of "terror" versus "horror"

[LIKE] 3
[DISLIKE] 0
[REPLY]
[SHARE]
[/quote]

Annamarie Braun
USER
Deep in the mountains of Kuronami
Nothing

@ Victoria Braun

Oh no sis do you need to talk about that stuff? It's scary 0~0

[LIKE]0
[DISLIKE] 0
[REPLY]
[SHARE]

Folaisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Folaisia » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:24 pm

Gordon MacFarlane
USER

@Victoria Braun Yep, she's right about that. I even play such video games with friends for the enjoyment. Heard plenty of great screams. :lol2: On my end, I prefer reading psychological, supernatural, and anything involving zombies. Body horror unsettles me, though, especially the more graphic ones. And yeah, I have some say about the discussion you've mentioned. I'd be happy to hear of your opinion on the matter. Also, if I may ask you, what kinds of body horror do you read?

[LIKE] 237
[DISLIKE] 7
[REPLY]
[SHARE]

Kuronami
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:38 pm

Victoria Braun
USER
Snowfield, Kuronami
I want to be a novelist!

@Gordon MacFarlane
Well I'm pretty young so I don't get to read a lot of real body horror. A month ago, I read the rather risque novel Doomed Voyage of the RMS Moon a story in which a ship sets out to sea and then a big storm blows it into the den of several underwater creatures. Quite a scary story it was but a thrill of a read. Some gruesome moments and some well spicy moments between the main characters. Good thing my elder sister didn't know I read it, I'd think she'd have kittens! Probably not the best read as we'll be setting out to sea ourselves in the not too distant future. In terms of terror versus horror, I don't have strong opinions but I'd say horror fits the bill right. Horror is still a sense of fear dread even if disgust is not always present.

[LIKE] 5
[DISLIKE] 0
[REPLY]
[SHARE]

Folaisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Folaisia » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:53 am

Gordon MacFarlane
USER

@Victoria Braun Alright, good. You shouldnon read it at your age. But, yeah, do keep that a secret. :lol2: Also, try reading Inchdarmara: Insecurities and Peculiarities. Not only is it hella apprehensive and terrifying, but it's also based off true accounts of people who were there. It also involves plenty of supernatural stuff like disembodied voices, and mostly UFOs. And surely, you're not that scared for the sea voyage. You're a horror lover. :lol2: Regarding the "terror" vs "horror," that's my point of view as well. Horror implies something more than terror itself, just as you've mentioned.

[LIKE] 224
[DISLIKE] 5
[REPLY]
[SHARE]

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:13 am

Garrick Abramovich Mensenares y Florante Jr.
USER
Neo-Manila, Pan-Asiatic States
Secretary-General of the Pan-Asiatic States

Hello degenerates. Father Asia sends his regards.

[LIKE] 1,671
[DISLIKE] 9
[REPLY]
[SHARE]
NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES
RPs I'm In: (1) (2) (3) (4)
Puppet(s): Hintuwan
NO-ONE FIGHTS ALONE! JOIN ESCB  TWI  ISC  ISVC TODAY!

Mediama
Diplomat

Postby Mediama » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:13 pm

Claire Mayhew
USER

@Emblyn Berryman All I can say is that I’m in the Atlantic. But Christ! You have no idea. The seas get extremely rough at times. Almost as if they want to kill us. I’m one of the ground crew, right? Well, our ship was going through stormy weather, and one of our choppers was returning from some sort of practice. When they tried to land, or ship was bobbing around all over the place, I almost thought the chopper was going to crash, and we’d all die a fiery, drowning death. Thankfully they knew what they were doing and landed safely. Someone took some pictures of my near death experience though. (Image)

[LIKE] 12
[DISLIKE] 2
[REPLY]
[SHARE]
Last edited by Mediama on Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Basically, Canada with Naboo style royalty and more British. My supposed foil and puppet nation is Consertoria

MBC News: Landmark decision establishes national holiday for elections|Seagull shows no fear as it crashes into power generator, causing massive blackouts|Talks in the process for upcoming state visit by Liegallan delegates|Mediaman Pacific Fleet conducts exercises with the United States|Parliament debates over intervention in Hintuwan over communist terrorism|Local Mediaman arrested after attempting to buy clothes from a soup store|Negotiations reached between Illistrantian municipal government and local LGBT Center restricting Pride parades to people 18 and over|Prime Minister Herman Marshal highlights need to 'counter communism around every corner'

Folaisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Folaisia » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:25 pm

Emblyn Berryman
USER

@Claire Mayhew Good lord. I would non survive one day out in sea. I get real seasick. Good luck with your further duties! Also, you ever kill the laddie that did such a thing? :lol2: Or better yet, throw him off the ship?

[LIKE] 86
[DISLIKE] 7
[REPLY]
[SHARE]
Last edited by Folaisia on Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mediama
Diplomat

Postby Mediama » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:47 am

Claire Mayhew
USER

@Emblyn Berryman You mean the camera man? Nah, it’s his job. He’s collecting some stuff to hand off to the PR department or something. Crew Chief gave him a stern yapping though for getting in the way.To be honest about the sea sickness though, it comes with being in the navy, you get used to it quick.

[LIKE] 2
[DISLIKE] 2
[REPLY]
[SHARE]
Last edited by Mediama on Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Folaisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Folaisia » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:49 am

Emblyn Berryman
USER

@Claire Mayhew Good thing I'm a Guardswoman. :lol2:

[LIKE] 88
[DISLIKE] 7
[REPLY]
[SHARE]

Mediama
Diplomat

Postby Mediama » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:57 am

Claire Mayhew
USER

@Emblyn BerrymanYeah, guess so. Any plans on moving up or switching posts?

[LIKE] 44
[DISLIKE] 10
[REPLY]
[SHARE]

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:48 am

Kaziro
ADMINISTRATOR
Fuyutoshi, Gurori
PrismNet Founder

It's amazing to see how much PrismNet has grown, in such a short period of time!

[LIKE] 235
[DISLIKE] 4
[REPLY]
[SHARE]
Gurori is currently being refurbished, please excuse any inconsistencies in the meantime.
Puppet master of Neo Gurori.

This nation will never reflect my actual views.
Also, NS Stats are absolutely non-canon.

Kuronami
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:56 am

Victoria Braun
USER
Snowfield, Kuronami
I want to be a novelist!

@Gordon MacFarlane

:lol2: Indeed if I can read stories of spooky castles, vampires, sea monsters, surely I cannot be afraid of a little sea voyage. It is just a story after all.

@Kaziro

It's very nice here, my sister and I like it.

[LIKE] 5
[DISLIKE] 0
[REPLY]
[SHARE]

Foxfound
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:04 am

Kiri Mori
USER
Fusumizu, Foxfound
Student, aspiring Journalist/Novelist

@Victoria Braun Heh. We have stuff like that here, not just in stories. There's these scary-looking mountains to the northeast where vampires live, and they've got their castle-city or whatever up on top of the highest one. Mom says to never go there.

She says that in this world sunlight enforces order, and that when our part of the Earth drifted farther away from the Sun it allowed all sorts of supernatural things to start happen. I guess I shouldn't complain. I might not be here if it weren't for that.

[LIKE] 11
[DISLIKE] 4
[REPLY]
[SHARE]
IC Name: Ketorushima
Arctic island inhabited by kitsune and other yōkai.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

Kuronami
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:10 am

Victoria Braun
USER
Snowfield, Kuronami
I want to be a novelist!

@Kiri
Sounds like quite a place for a story to unfold. But it is best we do as our elders say so I understand you not going there. It looks as though you and I really share the love of the written word with both of us wanting to be writers. Nice to find a kindred spirit. I'm sure my sister will say hello next time she's on. in the meantime I need to go stockpile a few books for the trip.

[LIKE] 15
[DISLIKE] 0
[REPLY]
[SHARE]

Folaisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Folaisia » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:34 pm

Gordon MacFarlane
USER

@Victoria Braun Exactly! So, where are you headed with your sister?

[LIKE] 201
[DISLIKE] 6
[REPLY]
[SHARE]

Kuronami
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:14 pm

Victoria Braun
USER
Snowfield, Kuronami
I want to be a novelist!

@Gordon MacFarlane

We're heading to Mervay.

[LIKE] 15
[DISLIKE] 0
[REPLY]
[SHARE]

Annamarie Braun
USER
Deep in the mountains of Kuronami
Nothing

@Gordon McFarlane @Victoria Bruan
I can't wait it's gonna be lots of fun!

[LIKE]0
[DISLIKE] 0
[REPLY]
[SHARE]

Folaisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Folaisia » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:18 pm

Gordon MacFarlane
USER

@Victoria Braun Oh, nice! Bon voyage, mes wee amis! :D What are you goin to check out there?

[LIKE] 198
[DISLIKE] 5
[REPLY]
[SHARE]

Kuronami
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:25 pm

Victoria Braun
USER
Snowfield, Kuronami
I want to be a novelist!

@Gordon MacFarlane

Still pouring over the tourist guides. We'll probably decide enroute. We have a month there so plenty of time to see a lot of good stuff.

[LIKE] 15
[DISLIKE] 0
[REPLY]
[SHARE]

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates