NATION

PASSWORD

[OOC, Small Globe only] Small Globe Discussions

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Willonia
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Willonia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:55 am

So, the war in Eastern Wartopa is currently the Willonian Empire and Gustavia vs the Pruzsian Empire, with Willonia and Gustavia victorious. However, both Willonia and Prussia lost there overseas colonies, including Willonian West Aceria (New Piscea)

Pruszia
Secretary

Founded: Mar 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Pruszia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:32 am

Willonia wrote:So, the war in Eastern Wartopa is currently the Willonian Empire and Gustavia vs the Pruzsian Empire, with Willonia and Gustavia victorious. However, both Willonia and Prussia lost there overseas colonies, including Willonian West Aceria (New Piscea)

Maybe you just lost them because of a wave of revolutionary civil rights movements after the war.

BTW: You always say "Wartopa" but it's "Waropa".
Demokratische Republik Pruszien

Pruszia Factbook
Small Globe Regional Map

Willonia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Willonia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:25 am

Pruszia wrote:
Willonia wrote:So, the war in Eastern Wartopa is currently the Willonian Empire and Gustavia vs the Pruzsian Empire, with Willonia and Gustavia victorious. However, both Willonia and Prussia lost there overseas colonies, including Willonian West Aceria (New Piscea)

Maybe you just lost them because of a wave of revolutionary civil rights movements after the war.

Yeah sure that would be fine

BTW: The Willonian language calls it Wartopa so that's what I'm calling it.

New Piscea
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Piscea » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:07 pm

Pruszia wrote:

Could the revolutions in the colonies have been the reason for the war ending when it did?

Pruszia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Pruszia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:20 pm

New Piscea wrote:
Pruszia wrote:Maybe you just lost them because of a wave of revolutionary civil rights movements after the war.

Could the revolutions in the colonies have been the reason for the war ending when it did?

The end was because the Pruszian Empire was at the edge of breakdown.

Pruszia Factbook
Small Globe Regional Map

Couvertia
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Couvertia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:42 pm

Taiouan wrote:Okay, time for some first facts, to bring this things forward:

There was one big war.
It lasted from 1912-1918.
Involved nations so far: Willonia, Pruszia, New Piscea and Gustavia.
Pruszia is one of the loosers and had territorial losses in favor of Gustavia. It lost all colonies.
Willonia also lost its oversea holdings for example in New Piscea.

What more?

We'll have joined the war late on the side of Gustavia, if someone wants they can start the war with the 2 islands northwest of my nation, and then we could've used support for Gustavia as an excuse to annex those islands, convert them into colonies, and then later have them fully join the nation.
"In contrast to these ever-accelerating catastrophes, today’s politics is beset by an inability to generate the new ideas and modes of organisation necessary to transform our societies to confront and resolve the coming annihilations."
"Accelerationists want to unleash latent productive forces. In this project, the material platform of neoliberalism does not need to be destroyed. It needs to be repurposed towards common ends. The existing infrastructure is not a capitalist stage to be smashed, but a springboard to launch towards post-capitalism."

Willonia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Willonia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:09 pm

We need to consider how this war would start in the first place. It could be that Gustavian and Willonian colonies are invaded by Pruszia, particularly if there's some sort of joint administration over the areas.

New Piscea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby New Piscea » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:25 pm

Willonia wrote:We need to consider how this war would start in the first place. It could be that Gustavian and Willonian colonies are invaded by Pruszia, particularly if there's some sort of joint administration over the areas.

Or a rebellion in a Gustavian or Willonian colony funded by Pruszia leading to war between the colony and its coloniser

New Piscea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby New Piscea » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:21 am

What was this worlds Cold War?

Pruszia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Pruszia » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:15 pm

New Piscea wrote:What was this worlds Cold War?

I would say the same. Communism against Capitalism. But in my nation communism transformed and survived.

Pruszia Factbook
Small Globe Regional Map

New Piscea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby New Piscea » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:03 am

Pruszia wrote:
New Piscea wrote:What was this worlds Cold War?

I would say the same. Communism against Capitalism. But in my nation communism transformed and survived.

Would it be called the cold war?

Pruszia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Pruszia » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:39 pm

New Piscea wrote:
Pruszia wrote:

Would it be called the cold war?

How about Iron War and Cold Curtain?

Pruszia Factbook
Small Globe Regional Map

New Piscea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby New Piscea » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:44 pm

Pruszia wrote:
New Piscea wrote:Would it be called the cold war?

Perfect!
So from about 1920 to 1989?

Pruszia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Pruszia » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:03 pm

New Piscea wrote:
Pruszia wrote:

Perfect!
So from about 1920 to 1989?

That fits!

Pruszia Factbook
Small Globe Regional Map

New Piscea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby New Piscea » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:56 pm

Till now we have
Unnamed Great War (1912-1918)
The Iron War (1920-1989)

So shall we comtinue with filling in pre 1912 history?

Willonia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Willonia » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:24 pm

Yeah but I doubt nukes could be made in the RL midwar period, the only reason they were produced as early as in real life, is because of the technical push given by WW2. I don't think we could have nukes until the 50's or 60's. The Great War could have pushed limited tech advances such as the assault plane and early tank, but nothing this far.

Pruszia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Pruszia » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:55 am

Willonia wrote:Yeah but I doubt nukes could be made in the RL midwar period, the only reason they were produced as early as in real life, is because of the technical push given by WW2. I don't think we could have nukes until the 50's or 60's. The Great War could have pushed limited tech advances such as the assault plane and early tank, but nothing this far.

I agree. That is why my nation developed nukes at the end of the 60s and not earlier.

BTW: The Great War has a name and is not unnamed: The Great War! (That was the name of WWI before there was WWII).

Pruszia Factbook
Small Globe Regional Map

Willonia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Willonia » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:35 pm

Also, I historically had a war between 1989 and 1991 between Slavonia and Willonia - Slavonia was eventually annexed as a state of Willonia. If we could extend the Iron Conflict era a couple of years later that would be good, then we can say that the Slavonian War was the last Iron War conflict.

New Piscea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby New Piscea » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:40 pm

Willonia wrote:Also, I historically had a war between 1989 and 1991 between Slavonia and Willonia - Slavonia was eventually annexed as a state of Willonia. If we could extend the Iron Conflict era a couple of years later that would be good, then we can say that the Slavonian War was the last Iron War conflict.

1920-1995?

Willonia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Willonia » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:55 pm

New Piscea wrote:
Willonia wrote:Also, I historically had a war between 1989 and 1991 between Slavonia and Willonia - Slavonia was eventually annexed as a state of Willonia. If we could extend the Iron Conflict era a couple of years later that would be good, then we can say that the Slavonian War was the last Iron War conflict.

1920-1995?

Yeah that works. In the final half decade we could have everyone denuclearising and maybe the formation of the small globe assembly.

New Piscea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby New Piscea » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:09 am

Willonia wrote:
New Piscea wrote:1920-1995?

Yeah that works. In the final half decade we could have everyone denuclearising and maybe the formation of the small globe assembly.

Without a Hiroshima or Nagasaki nuclear weapons wouldnt have developed the same stigma since their effects would have been less known

New Piscea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby New Piscea » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:03 am

The Great War (1912-1918)
The Iron War (1920-1995)

How about Waropan Dominance as the name for period where Waropan Empires controlled the world

Pruszia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Pruszia » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:30 am

I like that!

Pruszia Factbook
Small Globe Regional Map

New Piscea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby New Piscea » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:58 am

Pruszia wrote:I like that!

Waropan Colonial period (-18??)
UNIFIED HISTORY
Waropan Dominance (18??-1912)
Great War (1912-1918)
Iron War (1920-1995)

New Piscea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby New Piscea » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:45 am

Ok so I still have a copy of the map, so I might reboot the region if theres interrest

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates