NATION

PASSWORD

The Imperial Wedding of Aellyria [TM ONLY]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Polonge
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:34 pm

Brigitta was slightly disappointed at the foggy island that she was to call home. She thought of the beautiful blue skies of Polonge with its seemingly never ending fields of brilliant green grass, it’s sweet bubbling streams that gushed from the mountains that ringed the heartland of the country, the hot springs that were so popular among locals and tourists alike and brought smooth relaxation.

This place radiated none of that. It radiated cold solitude and isolation. She remembered her father saying that civilizations on islands when left alone, would regress to their old primitive ways. Brigitta and Lady Nagys move to be protected from the wind during the boat ride.

As the boat docked, Brigitta and Lady Nagys stepped off together, the latter holding on tightly to the former. Brigitta’s eyes widen as the temple loomed before them and they made their way towards it.

Aellyria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aellyria » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:46 pm

Rhaenir smiled, the temple was one of many but by far the largest. "Impressive isn't it." He led them through a side door so that Brigitta could prepare for the ceremony. "Please wait here, prepare yourself for the ceremony. Whatever you need to do, a priest will be in to anoint you with the blessed ash of the ancestors, I must go to my brother now." Rhaenir turned on his heels, going to the other side of the temple where his brother waited. When he entered the room Maelyx slammed him against the door by his throat.

"Where were you brother?" he asked with rage behind his eyes. Rhaenir chuckled and tapped his brother's arm. Maelyx let go.

"I was showing the Princess around, we got a bite to eat and came straight here brother, I do like to push your buttons every now and again." Maelyx shook his head and straightened his suit out.

"Well the ceremony is about to begin, I suppose I should go to the altar." Rhaenir nodded, rubbing his throat slightly as Maelyx left the room.

"Good luck brother dearest!" he called after him with a snicker.

Maelyx walked to the altar, this statue of Jugeun crouched over a bowl, with his mouth open. A priest stood in front of it, a book in his hand. The bowl was filled with blood, not human blood of course but the blood of Komodo dragons, to bind their oaths and souls together. Now all he had to do was wait.

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:49 am

Brigitta marveled at the size and scale of the temple, making her think of some twisted version of the mighty cathedrals that dotted the cities and villages of Polonge. Her heart pounded as Rhaenir left them to prepare for the ceremony. Brigitta almost fainted as he disappeared through the temple.

“Your Highness!”

Lady Nagys grabbed Brigitta’s arm to steady her.

“Oh my. It’s really happening isn’t it?”

“Please, remain calm. Please. God shall guide you safely. Those who have faith and are righteous shall be given heaven on earth.”

Brigitta decidednot to mention that they weren’t on Earth but decided against it. She straightens back up and steeled her nerves as Lady Nagys braided her hair into a lovely bun and whispered gentle prayers in their native tongue. Finished with swift preparation, Brigitta, with Boglárka behind her made their way towards the alter.

Aellyria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Aellyria » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:05 pm

Maelyx smiled brightly, she was beautiful from her hair all the way down. The hall was silent until Brigitta started her walk towards the altar, then came the music. It came from violins, a small group of violinists in the alcoves on either side of the temple. The priest lit two twin candles, they burned a sickly sweet smelling incense. The statue of Jugeun's eyes seemed to glint in the light of the temple, the priest started it's ritual, of course, it had been modified to be spoken in a language that Brigitta would understand. "From dust to dust, Ash to ash, in bone and flesh, soul and mind, we gather here in the presence of the Oathkeeper, the death bringer, and the mind breaker to ask for his oversight of the holy vows taken here today. We ask that he guide us in our ways and that he asks a reasonable price." the priest turns towards Maelyx, "What price are you willing to pay to be married to this bride who presents herself before Jugeun today?"

Maelyx looks the priest in the eye the pride and happiness showing behind his eyes, "I am willing to give everything." he said. The priest handed him a knife and a cup.

"So it shall be." said the priest. Maelyx cut his palm into the bowl filled with dragons blood and watched as it ran down his hand into the bowl. He took the cup and filled it with the mixed blood, then handed it to the priest. The priest turned to Brigitta who now stood next to Maelyx at the altar, "And you bride, what are you willing to give?" he asked.

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:19 pm

Brigitta’s jaw dropped as she looked at Maelyx and the priest, she had barely had time to even look at him before she was caught off guard by the cutting of hands and the dripping of blood into the cup. Dear God what kind of ceremony was this? Her heart pounded in her chest. She looked between the two and even glanced behind her. Lady Nagys crossed herself.

Brigitta took a deep breath and looked back to the priest. She had come this far. She guessed there was point were one such got to say kibaszott. This was her life now. Brigitta nodded.

“I am willing to give everything.”

As the priest handed her the cup and the knife there was a sudden thoughtfulness in her eyes as she cut her palm and let blood drip down her hand and into the cup she thought of a poem.

“When one’s Love is in one’s blood
It grows and flows without restraint
It blooms purer and stronger than any flower bud
In oaths holier than any saint
Join as one, flesh and bone
Unbroken by swords and gun
In me, in you, we will have grown
And in the mirror, we are one.”

As Brigitta finished her impromptu poem, she finished filling the cup and handed it back to the priest.

Aellyria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Aellyria » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:35 pm

The priest took the cups and handed them to each other's intended, Maelyx got Brigitta's cup and Brigitta received Maelyx's. Maelyx turned to his guests, "We are thus united through blood and soul," he said as he raised his cup in a toast, downing its content in one swift motion.

The priest nodded as the two drank their cups, "You may kiss the bride." he said almost solemnly.

Maelyx turned back to Brigitta, "May I my Queen?" he asked taking her gently by the hand. It was a rare moment of tenderness for him, his sister would be snickering if she were here right now. As it was Rhaenir was already fake gagging in the shadows of the balcony, only the priest and Maelyx being able to see him out of the corners of their eyes.

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:53 pm

Lady Nagys watched in horror, her jaw dropping so much one might have thought it would hit the floor as Brigitta and Maelyx downed the cups. These truly were unholy lands with an unholy people.

Brigitta nodded her head.

“Of course you may, my husband.”

Aellyria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Aellyria » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:02 pm

Maelyx kissed her gently, not wanting to harm her. The crowd clapped as they kissed even Rhaenir cheered. she's warm was his first thought when he kissed her. He had grown used to not feeling human contact in his life, his mother had never known him, and his father would never hug him as a child. In more recent years, he had been too busy fighting a war to let something like this ever take place. While Maelyx and Brigitta had their moment the guests all filed out of the temple quietly, they had come for the ceremony but now it was time for them to leave. Rhaenir tapped lady Nagys on the shoulder, whispering to her.

"Perhaps we should leave the newly-weds to themselves," he said in a voice that suggested it was perhaps not a request. The priest had disappeared, taking his tools and such with him. The statue's mouth had closed and the bowl was drained. The lights had dimmed slightly to give the illusion that it was only Maelyx and his new bride in the temple.

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:26 pm

Lady Nagys jumped as Rhaenir touched her, moving away from him as her fingers curled around her necklace. She could have sworn his fingers had felt like hellfire. She steeled her nerves as she narrowed her eyes at the evil prince. She spoke back in a whisper.

“I have a duty as a lady and a companion to Brigitta, and Brigitta alone. I shall leave her when she had directed me to.”

Aellyria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Aellyria » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:38 pm

Rhaenir rolled his eyes, why did this glorified chaperone have to be so annoying. Did she realize where she was, "Is this really necessary?" he asked her exasperatedly. At that moment Maelyx pulled away from the kiss, smiling at his new wife.

"Should we retire to the groom's room, I wish to discuss our marriage in depth. We have much to discuss," he promised. He raised an eyebrow at Rhaenir who just shrugged in annoyance.

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:02 pm

Brigitta separated from the kiss with a breath. It was not the best kiss she’d ever had, but it had been nice enough. There had been a... infamiliarity of humanity with him. She felt a bit of pity for him. Brigitta nodded her head.

“Yes, I suppose we do have much to discuss.”

Brigitta looked over at Lady Nagys who looked as if she was a second away from trying to ward Rhaenir off with holy water. Brigitta looked back to Maelyx.

“Though... I’d like to make sure Lady Nagys is made quite safe and comfortable. I am sure that can be easily promised, correct my dear?”

Aellyria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Aellyria » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:45 pm

Maelyx nodded, a small smile on his face he did find the whole scene quite humorous, Rhaenir was trying to get his wife's companion to leave the temple, while she was trying to douse him in what seemed like blessed water. "Brother, I assume you have state business to be attending to, rather than accosting this fair lady." he said with amusement.

Rhaenir screwed up his face playfully, "Well brother I was trying to be polite and give you two some privacy but Lady Nagys here seems intent on watching everything." he said. "But yes, I do have some business to attend to, after all, Nesaenna is up north and you will presumably be spending a significant amount of time with your wife for the next week or two, but we are running a nation after all," he said as he left the temple. He peaked his head back in, "Oh and Lady Nagys if you would like to give these two some privacy there is an apartment in the city awaiting you, we rarely let others stay on this island." he said as he then closed the door behind him stepping out to go back to the mainland.

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:16 pm

Lady Nagys wrinkled her nose at Rhaenir. She really didn’t like that man. He was an evil little bastard if she ever did see one. She looked back at Brigitta. Brigitta tried to give her a reassuring nod. Lady Nagys surpressed a sigh and curtsied.

“Your Majesties.”

With that Lady Nagys bowed her head and backed out of the room, leaving the new couple alone. Brigitta looked back at Maelyx as Boglárka left.

“Well. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

Aellyria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Aellyria » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:48 pm

Maelyx chuckled, "It's a pleasure to meet you as well," he smiled she was really quite beautiful and she seemed kind. "So, we're married now, what do you make of that?" he asked while waggling his eyebrows mischievously a smile on his face and joy in his eyes. The temple lights were back on now and you could see all the details of the temple. It's walls were black and made of stone, smooth in their surface. It was a bit dramatic if you asked him but it did give off a foreboding feel. He led Brigitta into the groom's room, it was a lounge of sorts with a couch and fireplace and a few other amenities. He poured two glasses of wine, "So where were we?" he asked her.

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:04 pm

Brigitta was happy to see Maelyx laugh. It was a good sign. Brigitta took a seat as she looked around the room. Like everything else in this country it was as if someone had taken something happy and comfortable and twisted it into something dark and foreboding.

“Well. To be frank. I am married to a man, you, whom I’ve only just meet, though so far approve of, and become Queen of a country of a nation where I do not know the language or customs of. With that in mind. I do think we should discuss redecorating. Do forgive me, but it’s not quite the most welcoming place.”

She said this with something of a mock tone of seriousness. In truth she was quite nervous and was all she could think to say to lighten everything. What exactly were newly weds supposed to talk about?

Aellyria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Aellyria » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:16 pm

Maelyx laughed, "I suppose Aellyria is not the most pleasing place to look at. I've heard that Polonge is a pretty place, most of Aellyria is pleasant enough, I like the swamps and elder woods of Elrya and the jungles of the mainland as well. But my forefathers were not concerned with aesthetic, they seemed to prefer dark stone and shadows to light airy areas." He handed her a glass of wine, "What do you think we should do to amend that?" he asked her, genuinely curious of her opinion.
Last edited by Aellyria on Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:26 pm

Brigitta’s eyes lit up. She thought of the island they were on and the villas that were so popular on the shores of Lake Alanna where Deritain and mixed with Polongain culture and produced Grand yet cozy, beautiful but functional structures. Brigitta took the glass with a thankful nod and looked around, imagining a new and improved home.

“Skylights. Columns. Smooth atriums with gardens in the center and balconies ringing it. New drapes and curtains. Windows, with stained glass depicting grand scenes from history and holy scenes from the heavens.”

She started to ramble a bit as she got excited at the idea.

“There could be new fountains that bubble water, in different colors depending on the hour. The walls...maybe...”

Brigitta paused and took a sip of her wine embarrassed.

“Sorry.”

Aellyria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Aellyria » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:36 pm

Maelyx waved his hand, "Do not apologize, I quite enjoy hearing your ideas. We could probably implement some of the changes you wish, of course, the temples need to stay the same, not all are as threatening as this one. Some are even pleasant, you should see the temple of the goddess Yun. It is made of silver and bronze, with a fountain that wine erupts from, or the god Neup his temple is made of wood and flowers, located deep in the swamp. I repair it myself mostly, it is abandoned by all others, but not me." he said with a wistful look on his face, he loved the temple of the swamp. He broke himself out of his stupor, "So what about you my queen, surely there are things you can tell me about yourself." he said.

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:49 pm

Brigitta took another sip of wine. She was glad to hear that not all the temples were as imposing as this one. The Neup Temple sounded quite the sight, she would want to visit it sometime.

“Holy sights should never be left abandoned.”

She spoke softly but simply pushed back a nonexistent hair that had come from out of her braid.

“As for me. I suppose there isn’t much to tell. I like organizing, colors, shapes, documents, anything really. My father was a poet so he was all about artistic flow and finding the beauty in chaos, but I think there can still be poetry in order. I enjoy romance novels I suppose. Can’t say I approve of cheaters and liars, though I suppose who doesn’t?”

Aellyria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Aellyria » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:21 am

Maelyx shrugged, "My father approved of liars and cheaters when it suited him of course. He was always telling us that if there was a way to get what you wanted then how could it be wrong." Maelyx sipped his wine taking in the surroundings, he was with his beautiful wife, it was quiet and peaceful he was even enjoying himself. "But you don't want to hear about that unpleasantness, instead let us talk about the future, for example, children, I'm assuming you also want to start a family?" he said hoping that he wouldn't embarrass her.

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:17 am

Brigitta, perhaps surprisingly, was not quite fazed by the question of children. Everyone in Polonge was taught that one of the greatest things one could do was to bring life into the world. Despite what many people thought about Polongains, they were hardly frigid religious nutcases who shunned pleasure. They simply waited till marriage to explore it.

“Well of course. At least six.”

Aellyria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Aellyria » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:25 am

Maelyx almost choked on his drink, six he thought, he had never expected his bride to be so on board with children and six at that, although he supposed he shouldn't be surprised that was what the eventual goal of a marriage was after all. "Six, six children would be magnificent, especially with one as beautiful as you," he said reaching out to hold her hand. His eyes softened as he thought about how much she must miss her own family, so far away from her own homeland. He smiled at her, "So what do you think their names would be?" he asked her quietly.

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:53 pm

Brigitta looked at their hands as they slowly intertwined. Maelyx seemed quite affectionate, in an almost starved man seeing food kind of way. She’d noticed his surprise when she had named six as the minimum number of children to hope for. Was that not common place in Aellyria?

“I haven’t thought that far ahead, though I would want to name at least one daughter, should we have one, Lili, after my mother. The rest though, I think the names will come to us at the time.”

Aellyria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Aellyria » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:03 pm

Maelyx smiled, "Of course my love, we will most definitely name a daughter after your mother." he said, Maelyx thought to himself, she had seemed troubled before during the wedding ceremony, and he wondered why he supposed their customs were a little strange compared to others but he didn't think they were that odd. He decided to ask her tentatively, "So do you like Aellyria so far, I know you have not been here long but nevertheless, what do you make of us so far?" he asked her.

-----------------------------------

Rhaenir sighed, he hadn't gone back to the mainland just yet, he was bored and the ministry could hold the fort down a bit longer. Instead, he went to the new apartment of Lady Nagys, took a breath and knocked on the door. Well, this should be interesting he thought to himself.

Polonge
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonge » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:39 pm

Brigitta gave a noncommittal wave of her glass.

“I have... limited experience with Aellyria and while I am very curious about its culture, some aspects of it leave me questioning and nervous. I spoke with your brother already on the subject of me learning the language, as I think that shall be an important step to my understanding.”

Lady Nagys was rummaging through her luggage frustratedly. Where on Maia were her Holy Bibles? It was as if they’d all disappeared. She had packed four, plus the the book of prayers that she kept on her person in a pocket in her dress. Lady Nagys picked up one of the romance novels among the few things she and Brigitta both enjoyed, even if their tastes were of different natures and frowned. It wasn’t all the books. It was almost like—

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. She scurried over the door and opened it gently, expecting it to be Brigitta, or perhaps hoping it was, and gasped at the revelation of It being Rhaenir. She, on reflex, curtsied.

“Your Highnes—“

Wait a minute. Lady Nagys jumped up and pointed her book at him, with half a mind to throw it at him, though of course she didn’t.

“You! You’re behind this, aren’t you?”

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates