NATION

PASSWORD

www.worldhit.net - Thank You

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

VOTING!

Postby Britonisea » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:23 pm

VOTING IN JUNIOR WORLD HIT FESTIVAL 6
Three nations have decided to bid for Junior World Hit Festival 6.

Besen - City of Mera
Venue: MEB Arena
Participating Broadcaster: BSB
Link to Bid: The Future Is Now

SIGNED BY: Calieno Kabon
Darkmania - City of Rëndstÿrna
Venue: Rëndstÿrna ËisHöckey Ärenä
Participating Broadcaster: DaTV Keïnder
Link to Bid: Come! Play with Us!

SIGNED BY: Jäsmÿne Hëstarü
Tödlichebujoku - City of Sinnlichšukai
Venue: Taploukkun Siippien Smelauka
Participating Broadcaster: Estegoa100
Link to Bid: Dream Big

SIGNED BY: Talita Nišimura

In order to vote, please order your preference from your favourite bid to your least favourite bid, clearly marking which bid is your favourite. In order to vote, you must have participated at a World Hit Festival before. No puppets can vote.

Please send to ESTOGIUM via a telegramme. You can vote for JWHF and WHF47 at the same time.
Last edited by Britonisea on Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Announcement: The Junior World Hit Festival Host

Postby Britonisea » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:37 pm

To Heads of Delegations of Participating World Hit Festival Nations
Media Outlets of the World Hit Festival

**NEWS REGARDING THE 6TH JUNIOR WORLD HIT FESTIVAL**

I would like to thank all of the delegations that have voted for the host of the Junior World Hit Festival. The results were close. Delegations were told to rank their least favourite bid to the favourite bid, with their favourite bid receiving 100% approval, 50% approval for 2nd and 0% approval for their least favourite bid. Below, you will be able to find the bid that came last.

Darkmania - City of Rëndstÿrna

The winner and host of the Junior World Hit Festival can be found below...

Besen - City of Mera
Are the hosts of the 6th Junior World Hit Festival

Todlichebujoku (2nd) received 62.5% approval...

Can the Junior World Hit Festival 6 winner contact me via Discord. Thank you all.

Fabio McAlpine
World Hit Festival Overseer

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Announcement: World Hit Festival 48 will go ahead!

Postby Britonisea » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:12 pm

**NEWS REGARDING THE 48TH WORLD HIT FESTIVAL**

After 7 editions of attempts with no prevail, Llalta has finally managed to take the World Hit Festival crown and thus invite the world to the heart of Llalta, St. Christopher! Though cold and insignificant, with a population of 2,893, St. Christopher is blossoming with culture and soul, the crown jewel of the oceans. We hope to embrace the world with open arms and welcome you all to our close-knit community!

The prestigious event will be held at Llalta’s very own S.S. Trinity, an ex-battleship refurbished into a theatre. Holding 1,000 people, it is small for the World Hit Festival, but we’re certain you’ll have a blast!

ST CHRISTOPHER, LLALTA

On October 3, nations will be allowed to sign up for the 48th World Hit Festival.

We are excited about the 48th World Hit Festival and we can't wait for the contest to begin! See you all in St Christopher, Llalta!

Fabio McAlpine

JWHF6 should conclude soon - more information will come soon...

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Announcement: WHF49 will be held in...

Postby Britonisea » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:03 pm

**NEWS REGARDING THE 49TH WORLD HIT FESTIVAL**

I would firstly like to congratulate Britonisea for winning the most recent World Hit Festival that was held in St. Christopher, Llalta. It has been amazing that since I took leadership of the World Hit Festival that the Britonish public have become more invested in the World Hit Festival which is behind the success of Britonisea having won three World Hit Festivals (42, 46, 48) whilst I've been the Overseer. Congratulations to you, Gigi Vadeboncoeur, for winning with a total of 34 points. Well done to Estogium as well for coming 2nd making it an ABEN 1-2 for the first time ever. I look forward to seeing the global reaction to this and what these two nations have planned for the upcoming World Hit Festival.

I would like to also thank the Llaltese World Hit Festival broadcaster. Hosting such a large event in a nation of Llalta's calibre was going to be difficult but with the help of Britonish broadcaster BVC, and from the broadcasters participating, we were able to pull off a successful World Hit Festival in Llalta. We most certainly enjoyed it so thank you very much for that.

The show must go on. We have been in discussions with the winning nation to see whether they would like to host. Britonisea has hosted the World Hit Festival 5 times in the past, having hosted in Kyvivre twice and Junterapten, Doportedas and Burgendore once. Britonisea recently hosted the 47th World Hit Festival already and so BVC had to think about hosting logistically. As Estogium came 2nd and hasn't yet hosted the World Hit Festival, BVC and RVC were in contact with each other and decided to come up with a plan that hasn't yet been done before. Therefore, we can reveal the host of the 49th World Hit Festival is...

THE BORDER CITY OF ALSHKAN
BRITONISEA & ESTOGIUM

The contest will take place in the Halvenhavlve Arena; an arena built *on* the Brito-Estogian Border due to the nation's Schengen-like zone. World Hit Festival fans will be able to explore Estogium and Britonisea during their stay in Alshkan!

Very soon, broadcasters will be able to confirm their participation and we would hate for anybody to miss out on another fantastic World Hit Festival hosted by the Britonisea and Estogium!

We are excited for the 49th World Hit Festival and we can't wait for the contest to begin! See you all in Alshkan, Britonisea & Estogium

Fabio McAlpine

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Bidding for JWHF7!

Postby Britonisea » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:40 am

NEWS REGARDING THE JUNIOR WORLD HIT FESTIVAL 7

Hello! Below, I am going to briefly discuss what is going to be happening regarding the 7th Junior World Hit Festival. Editions of the Junior World Hit Festival usually happen five editions at a time. Once upon a time, they used to happen during editions ending in "0" and "5" and in attempt to get Junior World Hit Festival back on track, we will be moving Junior World Hit Fesitval forward a couple of editions. This will act as Britonisea's last World Hit Festival sanctioned event as Overseer. Although the thread will be put up by the incumbent overseer, Junior World Hit Festival 7 opens ((after)) the Overseer election and therefore, the new Overseer will be assisting the incumbent Overseer in what will be known as the "Transition Period". It is HIGHLY SUGGESTED that if you are interested in being the new Overseer (especially if you have not hosted World Hit Festival before) to bid for the Junior World Hit Festival so you have high understanding of what it means Junior World Hit Festival, but World Hit Festival in general. It can be tough and I would like to hand Overseership to someone who is capable of hosting/overseeing (at the same time as well) a World Hit Festival to the standards that are met today - the Festival has most definitely evolved.

DATES OF THE JUNIOR WORLD HIT FESTIVAL

Similarly to the 6th Junior World Hit Festival, the bidding process for the 7th Junior World Hit Festival will happen on THe World Hit Network, with examples of previous bids being on the first page. The 7th Junior World Hit Festival's OOC thread will go up a day after the Draft Thread for the 50th World Hit Festival closes and will last until 5th April 2020; where the winner will be announced. We have designed the 50th World Hit Festival and 7th Junior World Hit Festival so that it doesn't clash too much with WorldVision Song Contest as we would like as many nations to participate in all three contests as possible;

Opening of the Junior World Hit Festival Sign-Ups: 23rd February 2020
Opening of the Draft Thread: 8th March 2020
Closing of the Draft Thread: 22nd March 2020
Jury Voting: 22nd March - 29th March 2020
Televoting: 22 March - 29th March 2020 (after a nation sends jury votes)
Voting Reveal 30th April 2020 - 5th April 2020
Winner Known By: 5th April 2020

The World Hit Festival 51 will open 29th March - the winner of WHF50 will have a couple of weeks to prepare with the New Overseer. The Incumbent Overseer will focus on JWHF7 while the new one speaks to the new host to get the OOC thread up on the 29th March 2020.

Now, before I get into it more, the first thing that I will talk about is the bidding process because this has been omitted from the schedule. We believe that having the Host Bidding process beforehand will make it much easier for the contest to happen and will bring more attention to who is hosting rather than who might host. We will also have the bidding process happen over a longer period of time to ensure that we gain good quality bids, not rushed jobs. As the tentative schedule has been released, we hope that potential hosts will take this into account when bidding and will be readily available. Hosting the Junior World Hit Festival will be a large task and we intend to have a host that is fully invested in hosting the competition. With that being said, below, you can find the dates to the bidding process for the Junior World Hit Festival 6.

Bidding for JWHF
13th January 2020 - 9th February 2020
Three Weeks; 26 days.

On 13th January, I will open the bidding process for the 7th Junior World Hit Festival. The host bidding process will happen in the WHF Network thread with more information coming on the 24th June 2019. There will then be 26 days to allow nations to bid for the World Hit Festival. After the 9th February, I will put up the bidding process votes in the evening and there will be a vote for a week until the 16th February. The votes for this will be going on at the same time as the VOTES FOR THE NEW OVERSEER. I will be highly encouraging users to vote for their Junior World Hit Festival 7 host alongside the new Overseer. The Junior world Hit Festival 7 host will then a week to prepare anything they may need in the run-up to the OOC thread which opens on the 23rd February.

If no bids come through in the allocated time, the newly elected Overseer will be elected as the host for the competition. If the newly elected Overseer is already hosting the 50th World Hit Festival, the incumbent Overseer will host the Junior World Hit Festival.

In order to bid, you must have participated at least once at the World Hit Festival or Junior World Hit Festival.

THE CURRENT VOTING SYSTEM AT JWHF6

The new voting system that was used at the JWHF6 was very successful but the reveal period was not as expected due to unforeseen circumstances. I would like to leave with a Jury/Televote system which we all see unfold. As per Todlichebujoku's request to have the Jury and Televote done in one week, we will be doing that for the upcoming 7th Junior World Hit Festival. We wanted to ease everyone into voting in two different ways. And so we have a Jury Vote and a Televote in order to decide the winner of the 7th World Hit Festival. Below I will go through how this will all work;

Jury Vote: The Jury Vote will be the normal phases that we have at the current World Hit Festival. It is up to the host whether they would like to split this up into 4-1 and 5 points. However, the Overseer will recommend that reverting to the normal World Hit Festival 5-1 voting reveal recently used at the 39th World Hit Festival. In order to make the voting segment easier for everyone, nations will no longer have to provide a full ranking. Instead, nations can simply provide their top 5. If nations would like to reveal their full rankings, they can simply send their full ranking to the host and the host will reveal the full ranking when they reveal their votes.

So there is no difference there, really. After a nation votes, the host will then tell the Overseer (incumbent and new), who will then send a link to an external voting and data collection website which will collect the televoting points. Each nation will be able to vote for four different nations on top of those that they voted for in the Jury...but there's a twist.

Televote: For the host of the 7th Junior World Hit Festival, I would personally like to see the televote of the 7th Junior World Hit Festival be just as high impact as the Televoting at the Eurovision Song Contest. I will be happy to allocate only two of the seven days that the voting reveal happens to the televoting, making it the phase which is the quickest (more days in JWHF7 is larger than 18 nations). They can decide to randomly dish out the televotes over the two days. They are also free to go from last place in the televote to the first place, or even go along the ranking of the jury vote (as was done at the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest). Though, the system used must raise impact - not stop it from happening. Below, I will speak about how each nation will be able to vote.

Each nation (including puppets) will be allowed to vote for four nations of their choice with the twist being explained below.

I thought "how will I stop people from simply wanting to vote for their top four nations?" Well, sometimes at these international competitions (at the World Hit Festival more so than the WorldVision Song Contest), there are opportunities where nations that placed just outside the top 5 and are not properly represented in the voting. Therefore, with the four votes that each nation will be allocated;

2 votes will be allocated to two of the five nations that the nation voting has already voted for. For example, if the nation Kalosia has voted for Izmedu, Axuva, Llalta, Estogium and Skanden, Kalosia is free to choose two nations from the aforementioned nations to vote for in the Televote.

2 votes will be allocated to two nations that your nation has not yet voted for. For example, Kalosia could choose the nations Britonisea and Todlichebujoku because Kalosia has not yet voted for them in the Jury vote. Kalosia will not be allowed to vote for the nations in the top 5 that he did not vote for in the televote. Another twist is in place because I will allow you to vote for yourself. One of the two votes you could simply allocate to yourselves - do you think your own work should be rewarded or do you think its fairer to give others the credit for their work? That's up to you.

In total, the televote will be in lots of four. The more nations that participate, the more variety. The percentage of votes each nations gets will be converted into points. Using the full ranking of WHF45, I have decided to make a little showing of what it could look like when we use this system;

Examples of what this will turn out looking like can be seen at the 6th Junior World Hit Festival
MERA, BESEN

The Overseer will collect these votes using the external voting system. The Host and the Overseer will create a small RP (like a Jon Ola Sand/Host interaction "Are the votes ready?") And at this point, the Overseer will send the Host the full televoting details. This can be done before the end of the 5-1 point reveal, but after the first day of voting. This was highly successful. The Overseer will not know the final result until the end like everybody else.

=

If you have any questions, please feel free to post a reply below or in the #worldhitfestival discord channel.
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Bidding for JWHF7 is OPEN!

Postby Britonisea » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:26 pm

BIDDING FOR JUNIOR WORLD HIT FESTIVAL 7 IS OPEN
If you intend to bid, please read the following information very carefully.

Albeit late, I can officially announce that the bidding process for the Junior World Hit Festival is open. The bidding process will be open until 9th February 2020 at 22:59 GMT and an hour or two after the bidding process closes, I will officially open the voting stage. We would like to have as many bids as possible for the upcoming Junior World Hit Festival 7. Around two weeks before the closing of the bidding process, I will contact nations that would be a beneficial addition to the bidding process if they have not already placed a bid. Please read the following information below very carefully, otherwise your bid will be rejected and will not be entered into the process.

After you post a bid below, please contact me via DM or Telegram so I can confirm your bid.

In order to bid, you must have participated at least ONCE in the World Hit Festival or Junior World Hit Festival between WHF41 and WHF49. In the case that there are no bids a week before the deadline, the Overseer will release a basic bid as "Britonisea".

HOW TO BID FOR JWHF7

I. Signature and declaration of interest
In order to bid for the 7th edition of the Junior World Hit Festival, there are some things that you are going to need in order for your bid to be accepted. The first thing that is going to be needed is a signature that you will place at the top or bottom of your bid. The signature that you can find below is a simple declaration of your interest in hosting the Junior World Hit Festival 7 and your promise to the community to fulfil your duties as a host. The 7th Junior World Hit Festival is going to be run differently to the normal version of the World Hit Festival and so we need to have full commitment from the host. In order to sign the declaration, please cross the boxes and place the name of your Head of Delegation where it says SIGNED BY.
Code: Select all
[Blocktext][spoiler=SIGNATURE AND DECLARATION OF INTEREST][box][b]SIGNATURE AND DECLARATION OF INTEREST[/b]

[i]General Information[/i]
[b]Nation Full Name:[/b]
[b]National JWHF Broadcaster:[/b]

[i]Declaration[/i]
I. [b]I am formally declaring that our nation is willing to host the 7th edition of the Junior World Hit Festival with the conditions that we set in this bid and the rules and regulations of the Junior World Hit Festival:[/b] [] YES, [] NO
II. [b]I am willing to adhere to the dates of the deadlines of the 7th Junior World Hit Festival, set out [url=https://forum.nationstates.net/posting.php?mode=reply&f=4&t=449333#pr35826389]here[/url] - except in extenuating circumstances:[/b]  [] YES, [] NO
III. [b]I am happy to work with the World Hit Festival Overseer to bring together the 6th Junior World Hit Festival together and willing to be the first to trial the new voting segment which will be implemented at the 7th Junior World Hit Festival:[/b] [] YES, [] NO
IV. [b]I am willing to fully accept my duty as Junior World Hit Festival host, including the preparation of the contest (Opening, Interval and graphics):[/b] [] YES, [] NO
V. [b]I am prepared to host the Semi-Finals if the threshold is broken:[/b]  [x] YES, [] NO

[i]Signature[/i]
[b]SIGNED BY:[/b]

[/box][/spoiler][/Blocktext]

It should end up looking like this (but of course, in a spoiler);

SIGNATURE AND DECLARATION OF INTEREST

General Information
Nation Full Name: The United Republic of Britonisea
National JWHF Broadcaster: BVC (Brityunik Vefecosoin Ciarkovoin)

Declaration
I. I am formally declaring that our nation is willing to host the 7th edition of the Junior World Hit Festival with the conditions that we set in this bid and the rules and regulations of the Junior World Hit Festival: [x] YES, [] NO
II. I am willing to adhere to the dates of the deadlines of the 7th Junior World Hit Festival, set out here - except in extenuating circumstances: [x] YES, [] NO
III. I am happy to work with the World Hit Festival Overseer to bring together the 7th Junior World Hit Festival together and willing to be the first to trial the new voting segment which will be implemented at the 7th Junior World Hit Festival: [x] YES, [] NO
IV. I am willing to fully accept my duty as Junior World Hit Festival host, including the preparation of the contest (Opening, Interval and graphics): [x] YES, [] NO
V. I am prepared to host the Semi-Finals if the threshold is broken: [x] YES, [] NO

Signature
SIGNED BY: GUY AUTRICHE
The signature already comes spoilered and should be placed at the very top or very bottom of the bid - that's up to the bidder's discretion. Please contact me via DM or Telegram if you would like to know more about the televoting segment or any other aspect of the World Hit Festival before bidding.

II. The Host Bid - Necessary Details

Below, I will list things that will be needed in the Host Bid, with more detail on certain sections being in Section III.

• Name of city/venue: The first things that we are going to need in the host bid is the name of the city that intends to host the 7th edition of the Junior World Hit Festival. We will also need the name of the venue and the capacity too. If you intend to not use an arena, rather opting for an outdoor venue, please state this clearly in your bid. There have been World Hit Festivals that have taken place outdoors and so please do not feel limited to choosing an arena - though it is recommended. You can include images/graphics to aid this.
  • Applicant City/Host Information: When you have listed the name of your city and the arena, we would like to know more about the applicant city - go into detail about what the city is about. In addition, you may write details about the whole nation...why is your nation and why is your city the perfect host for the 7th Junior World Hit Festival? Please also include a hosting portfolio for your nation. In addition to this, you can include images/graphics for visual representation.
  • Staging Details: We would like to know more about the staging that you would like to create at the Junior World Hit Festival. Do you intend to have an optional orchestra pit or not? Do you intend to have LED walls? Please do go into detail about what the stage you will have at the 7th Junior World Hit Festival will have and won't. Please feel free to include images/graphics to show images of the bid.
  • The Theme/Postcards: Do you intend to have a theme for the upcoming Junior World Hit Festival. We highly recommend this, especially due to how often the Festival is and it will make it much more memorable to have one. In addition to this, do you intend to have postcards and if so, what will be the themes for that? Feel free to provide visual representations of the theme and postcards.
  • Details about the contest: We would like to know more about the details of the contest. Included in this section, feel free to say how the running order will be decided (randomised/decided/order posted on the Draft Thread). You can also speak about how you intend to involve the participating nations. Finally, like at the Eurovision Song Contest, the televote will be revealed afterwards. In those (max) 7 days, how will you reveal the results?
    - For the 5-1 segment, you can reveal the votes normally (like last Junior World Hit Festival seen here). You can reveal it in two phases like at the 46th World Hit Festival (seen here) or a different method.
    - For the televoting, do you intend to reveal the results of the televoting in one go? Do you intend to go along from last place to first place in the televote (ESC 2016-2018) or the jury vote (ESC 2019) or a different method?
  • Closing Statements: Why should you vote for us...?
You will find that the above detail is not too dissimilar from WorldVision Song Contest bids or former Junior World Hit Festival bids. If you would like to make your bids more unique and attractive to voters, I would highly advise you take into account information in the next section.

III. The Host Bid - Additional Details

Below, I will list things that will be could be added in the Host Bid.

• Graphics: Some people decide that graphics are what make or break a bid and this is the most-encouraged additional detail that you could have in your bid such as the logo. Other graphics that you could decide to have includes examples of what the postcards will look like. If you intend to have headers for each performance, you might want to provide a visual representation of what these graphics will look like. In addition to this, I believe that it is a nice addition to give voters a taste of what the voting segment graphics will look like. An example of this can be shown at the bottom of this host information for World Hit Festival 43.
    -If you need more information/help and advice about what the graphics might look like for the televoting segment, please DM or TG me.
  • Information about the Festival: Additional information that you might want to include are the names and faces of who will host the Junior World Hit Festival and why they have been chosen to host it. In addition to this, you might also decide to add in information regarding the Opening and Interval acts of the competition. Having more information might help voters connect with your bids more.
  • Anything Else: If there are more things that have not been mentioned but you feel with greatly help your chances, please add them to your bid. We would love to see in-depth, really detailed bids.

Once the winner has been picked, the OOC Thread of the 7th Junior World Hit Festival will go live within 24 hours after the official announcement.

We would like to see many nations bidding to host the Junior World Hit Festival - it will be a great opportunity to host what is expected to be a large festival. Along with the host, I intend to raise the profile of the Festival, including pausing the senior edition to make way for what will be an exciting and brand new version of the Festival in a light we have not seen before. If you have never placed a bid for a competition/hosted before, don't feel afraid to post a bid! If anything, this is a great start as you will have the support from the Overseer (and all the community) to help guide you as a host. If you have hosted 100s of times before (looking at you, Izmedu) and feel confident to host this, feel free to drop a bid by! Below, you will be able to find the deadline. Good luck and I can't wait to see the bids!

Bidding for JWHF6 Deadline
Sunday 9th February 2020
22:59 GMT(United Kingdom Time)

Achaean Republic
Diplomat

Founded: May 26, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

JWHF7: Juana Díaz/Urbania #LetMusicReign

Postby Achaean Republic » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:57 pm

ImageImage

On behalf of AS1, regional broadcaster TVS (Televisoras del Sur), and the State of Ponce, we welcome you to the 7th Junior World Hit Festival for the first time in two host cities: Juana Díaz and Urbania! The home of the Three Kings and the City of the Eternal Spring have joined forces to offer the Multiverse’s children the most exciting, challenging, fulfilling, and above all, fun contest yet! #LetMusicReign!

Juana Díaz was founded in 1744 by Miguel de Ocampo, a Spanish settler from Catalonia who named it after his Achaean-born wife, Juana Díaz Sánchez de Ocampo. The area that became known as Juana Díaz started in the embankments of the Rio de la Juventud (River of Youth) which became property of the Spanish Crown and were offered to Ocampo due to his loyalty to the Crown. But the most famous legend coming from Juana Díaz happened on the eve of January 6, 1788, Three Kings’ Day, where a young widow was praying ceaselessly for the whole night to the Three Kings, promising her entire devotion for perpetuity if they would heal her son’s eyesight. Come the morning of Three Kings’ Day, and her son was finally running outside and playing with his friends, his eyesight fully restored. Since that day, a small grotto was built inside the widow’s home, which became encapsulated in the Parroquia de los Reyes Magos (Parish of the Three Kings) in the Plaza Federico Miranda. Each year since 1788, Juana Díaz becomes the center of the Achaean Republic’s traditional Three Kings’ Day cavalcade celebrations, with its epicenter in this city.

Urbania, on the other hand, was founded in 1934 as a planned city on the other side of the embankment of the Rio de la Juventud as the capital of the Ponce. (Ponce, in and of itself, is named after Juan Ponce de León, one of the famed Spanish conquistadors who may have disembarked in the shores of the state.) Fashioned by Achaean architect Luis Alfonso de Olmedo and used to replace the central city of Navarra, Urbania has taken a life of its own as one of Achaea’s greenest, safest, and innovative cities to live in. Its tree-lined corridors and wide avenues contrast with the Neoclassic centerpiece of the Ponce Legislature alongside the Federal University of Ponce’s renowned Campus Clásico.

For our juniors, many outdoor activities can be found in Juana Díaz and Urbania, starting with the Museo del Niño (Urbania Children’s Museum), the Museo de los Reyes Magos (Museum of the Three Kings), the Parque de las Jarras (Park of the Jars) and the Xtreme Trampoline Park.

The Opening Ceremony of the 7th Junior World Hit Festival will take place in Juana Díaz, starting with a red carpet event from the Plaza Federico Miranda to a red carpet for our young performers. The carpet will start at the world-famous Museo de los Reyes Magos (Museum of the Three Kings), where the famous sages will appear in their beautiful home, and end at the Teatro Jerezana on the other side of the town square. Along the way, our performers will savor typical Achaean staples like pernil, alcapurrias, and hand-made ice creams from Heladería Francisco.

The Live Draw will happen in the Teatro Jerezana, a 1908 performing arts venue and the home of the nationally recognized children’s revue Tropa Mágica (Magic Troupe), where they will perform some of their hits through song and dance relating to the history and identity of both Juana Díaz and Urbania.

But the main event of this ceremony is the Live Draw that will happen after the performances and welcomes, which will determine the running order of the competition. As outlined above, the process is as follows:

1. The Achaean Republic will be drawn to perform.
  2. One country will be drawn to perform last.
  3. One country will be drawn to perform last. (If the Achaean Republic is drawn to perform either first or last, then the second or third country chosen will be drawn to perform from either second or next-to-last, respectively.
  4. Countries will be drawn to perform in either first or second halves.
  5. The producers will determine the running order so that every country has an equal chance to shine during the show.

The Auditorio Yamaha on the grounds of the Federal University of Ponce will be the main venue of the 7th Junior World Hit Festival. Built in 1989 and refurbished in 2016, the 11,000-seat basketball arena that has hosted artists like Anna Viktoreevna, Beyoncé, BTS, and Sting, will also become the center of the competition’s events. True to its namesake, the Auditorio Yamaha has an impressive array of acoustics and state-of-the-art musical and sound equipment designed to impress even the most stringent of visitors. With recent touch-ups on acoustics, everybody in the venue will be able to view and listen to the performances with gusto.

This year’s stage will be stylized representation of small wooden houses and bohíos that dot the rural Achaean landscape, reflecting this contest’s theme based on music and traditions. After being passed over in Besen last year, LED panels and floor projections will make a return in Juana Díaz & Urbania, where the three stacked “houses” and the floor will have top-of-the-line energy-efficient lighting and powerful acoustic sound display. In addition, two of the three “houses” will have movable stairs and (invisible) security rails so our contestants can safely perform. Each delegation is free to bring their own props should they deem necessary, and can be safely stored on the Arena Yamaha’s underground storage facility.

After searching for a presenter with experience in hosting live competitions, both AS1 and TVS were lucky to have chosen actress, model and presenter Génesis del Río, a Corola native with family roots in both Juana Díaz and Urbania, having been raised in the latter since she was five years old. An experienced telenovela actress involved in many of AS1’s most successful productions including Rosalina, Mujer de Hierro (Rosalina, Woman of Iron) and Se Me Olvidó Tu Nombre (I Forgot Your Name), she has also hosted all seasons of Idol Acaya and Idol Kids Acaya, as well as the 2007, 2010 and 2011 Miss Acaya finals. A devoted mother of two sons, Génesis del Rio jumped on the opportunity to present the competition as soon as she learned that the Achaean Republic was bidding for the festival.

“I believe that we need to let music reign in our lives, especially for the young ones that are our future. I enjoy music with my family. I enjoy music with my sons. And what better way to celebrate music than with children?”

Each entry will exhibit a simple header with three crowns representing the Three Kings in the performing nation’s colors with a brief description of the country’s name, title (with translation to English if necessary) and the performing nation.

Below each entry, a footer will exhibit the country’s placement number and the country trigram for social media users.

Two young performers will headline the interval act: Achaean tween sensation Carla Pabón and the Polkopian winner of the past Junior World Hit Festival, Viktoriya Mashininya. Pábón will perform her newest hit, ¿Por Qué? (Why). Mashininya, on the other hand, will perform her winning song, Pust in a new arrangement in Polkopian and Spanish. Both performers will be joined by Tropa Mágica.

Our graphic design seamlessly integrates the simple and refreshing aspects of rural Achaean life highlighted in both Juana Díaz and Urbania, as well as harnessing the all-new jury/televote procedures that began last Junior World Hit Festival.

For the televote portion, AS1 and TVS have agreed to reveal the points of the countries from last place to first on the jury vote to create a much greater sense of unpredictability and excitement.

Hosting Portfolio

AS1 has hosted two high-profile musical competitions before: Worldvision Song Contest 20 in Corola City; and Worldvision Song Contest 76 in Rosario. Both productions were respectively assisted by regional broadcasters Corolano TV and Asociación Fortunense de Televisión (AFT). Our relationship with our regional broadcasters is very important for shouldering costs, pooling talent, and improving the quality of our productions. For this reason, it is our hope that AS1, TVS, and the cities of Juana Díaz and Urbania are proud to provide you with the opportunity to let music reign and have the best Junior World Hit Festival in history!

General Information
Nation Full Name: Achaean Republic
National JWHF Broadcaster:[/bS] AS1

Declaration
I. [b]I am formally declaring that our nation is willing to host the 7th edition of the Junior World Hit Festival with the conditions that we set in this bid and the rules and regulations of the Junior World Hit Festival:
[X] YES, [] NO
II. I am willing to adhere to the dates of the deadlines of the 7th Junior World Hit Festival, set out here - except in extenuating circumstances: [X] YES, [] NO
III. I am happy to work with the World Hit Festival Overseer to bring together the 6th Junior World Hit Festival together and willing to be the first to trial the new voting segment which will be implemented at the 7th Junior World Hit Festival: [X] YES, [] NO
IV. I am willing to fully accept my duty as Junior World Hit Festival host, including the preparation of the contest (Opening, Interval and graphics): [X] YES, [] NO
V. I am prepared to host the Semi-Finals if the threshold is broken: [x] YES, [] NO

Signature
SIGNED BY: ERNESTO GABRIEL VÁZQUEZ ROBLES

Last edited by Achaean Republic on Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Update on the Bidding Process - 27 January 2020

Postby Britonisea » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:14 pm

**NEWS REGARDING THE 7TH JUNIOR WORLD HIT FESTIVAL**

We can confirm that we have received an official bid from The Cities of Juana Díaz and Urbania in Achaean Republic. The Cities of Juana Díaz and Urbania will be added to the list of official applicant cities to host the 7th Junior World Hit Festival.

You can find more information about the bid here: CityofJuanaDiazyUrbaniagJWHF7Bid.pdf

This also means that a Britonish city will not be obligated to host the Junior World Hit Festival, but are still free to bid for the Festival.

Fabio McAlpine
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Announcement: The Junior World Hit Festival Host

Postby Britonisea » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:40 am

I would like to thank Achaean Republic for bidding to host the Junior World Hit Festival. As we have received only the bid from Achaean Republic we can announce that the hosts of JWHF is...

Achaean Republic - Cities of Juana Díaz and Urbania
Are the hosts of the 7th Junior World Hit Festival

Fabio McAlpine
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Britonisea
Powerbroker

News regarding the 7th Junior World Hit Festival

Postby Britonisea » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:45 pm

It has come to our attention that a virus has been making its way through some of the nations within the World Hit Festival - Coronavirus. Coronavirus is a highly contagious virus, which causes the illness called COVID-19, which mainly affects the lungs and airways. This puts many people at risk, with a handful of regular World Hit Festival participants taking precautionary action to limit the transmission of the virus. Many people have wondered how this would affect the upcoming editions of the World Hit Festival, but here at the World Hit Festival Headquarters in Junterapten we are continuing as normal, with the Grand Final of Junior World Hit Festival still set to take place on Saturday 11 April 2020.

In Achaean Republic, numbers of cases of the virus remain relatively low, with 50 cases being reported unfortunately alongside two deaths. Ponce's neighbouring states have restricted travel for approximately 30 million people within the nation in a great effort to reduce the transmission of the virus across the country. The partial lockdown is expected to be lifted at the end of the month, two weeks before the Grand Final of Junior World Hit Festival. At the World Hit Festival Headquarters, we are closely monitoring the situation by keeping in frequent contact with the team in Achaean Republic and following the advice of healthcare professionals in both Achaean Republic and Britonisea.

My successor will speak further about the decisions made regarding the 51st World Hit Festival.

The situation currently is very fluid. We will be sure to update you all if anything changes happen. We are working around the clock to guarantee the planning of the 7th Junior World Hit Festival is as smooth as possible.

Fabio McAlpine

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Announcement regarding the 51st World Hit Festival

Postby Britonisea » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:15 pm

**NEWS REGARDING THE 51ST WORLD HIT FESTIVAL**

THIS IS A BVC ANNOUNCEMENT

We feel as though it is necessary to update you all on our plans at the 51st World Hit Festival that is set to happen.

Firstly, we would like to thank everybody who voted for Britonisea to win the 50th World Hit Festival. To win in a field of 31 nations and a Semi-Final format, at such an important anniversary for the show was a huge achievement and we are very proud of Meghan Jorgensen and her team.

The 51st World Hit Festival marks the start of BVC’s renewed contract as the Overseers of the World Hit Festival. We can confirm that at 21:00 GMT we will be able to confirm who will take over from Fabio McAlpine as the Overseer of the World Hit Festival. There was a vote at the end of yesterday to decide who will take over as the Overseer, with the eventual winner receiving a very high majority of the votes. They will be the Overseer for a maximum of twelve World Hit Festival festivals.

Finally, during Fabio McAlpine’s Overseership, we are proud to note that every nation has hosted the edition after they have won. While, at the start of his successor’s journey we would have liked to maintain this streak, Brityunik Vefecosoin Cairkovoin has confirmed that due to many different factors, it is with a heavy heart to announce that Britonisea will not host the 51st World Hit Festival.

This decision was not taken lightly, and we are sorry if we have disappointed any Britonish World Hit Festival fans. Though, we are sure that we will be able to enjoy a seventh Britonish hosting of the World Hit Festival hopefully very soon.

What we can ensure is that the 51st World Hit Festival will still be fantastic with more details regarding the upcoming festival coming at 21:00 GMT.

World Hit Festival Headquarters
Junterapten, Britonisea

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Announcement #23: 26th March 2020

Postby Britonisea » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:45 pm

**NEWS REGARDING THE 51ST WORLD HIT FESTIVAL**

I would firstly like to congratulate Britonisea, who won the 50th World Hit Festival, which was held in Vodiznad, Izmedu. Thirty-one nations participated in the Golden edition of the World Hit Festival, which made it the largest to date. The contest was one by Meghan Jorgensen with her song, "Waiting For You" which scored 51 points making it the winner with the highest score total under the modern format.

Well done to the team at RTI for hosting yet another great edition of the World Hit Festival.

Item 1

Firstly, I would like to announce the new World Hit Festival Overseer who will be the Overseer for a minimum of 12 World Hit Festival editions (including the Junior World Hit Festivals. A few Britonish names put themselves forward but one name won 83% of the votes to become the new World Hit Festival Overseer. The name of the new Overseer is spoilered below;

GUY AUTRICHE
Guy Autriche has had a lot of experience at the World Hit Festival, being the Head of Delegation for Britonisea since the 41st World Hit Festival. During Guy's time as Head of Delegation, his team has won the World Hit Festival on four different occasions; World Hit Festival 42 in Kalosia, World Hit Festival 46 in Izmedu, World Hit Festival 48 in Llalta and most recently, the 50th World Hit Festival again in Izmedu. Following a similar route to me, he steps down from being the Head of Delegation for Britonisea at WHF to become the Overseer of the World Hit Festival.

Item 2

As you have probably heard, the team at Brityunik Vefecosoin Cairkovoin have decided that they would not like to host the upcoming World Hit Festival. While this has not yet happened during the Britonish Overseership at the World Hit Festival, we will be taking the normal steps of finding a host if the winner of the previous edition declines. We have been in talks with a broadcaster who has confirmed that they will host the 51st World Hit Festival.

The host of the 51st World Hit Festival can be found spoilered below;

SINNLICHŠUKAI, TÖDLICHEBUJOKU
Welcome to Sinnlichšukai, an up-and-coming city on Tödlichebujoku's west coast! Located just across the bay from sprawling Üüserstenkeiken, Sinnlichšukai has managed to keep its small-town friendliness and intimate atmosphere, despite its proximity to the nearby metropolis and its own booming population.

Finally, I would like to say thank you for the wonderful 10 editions it has been since I started this job. It has been an amazing time, seeing the contest grew in numbers and popularity. I hope that the upcoming Overseer will be able to take the Festival to new heights - I am sure they will. For the last time from me, We are excited for the 51st World Hit Festival and we can't wait for the contest to begin! See you all soon...

Fabio McAlpine
Last edited by Britonisea on Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Announcement #24: 24th May 2020

Postby Britonisea » Sat May 23, 2020 4:30 pm

**NEWS REGARDING THE 52ND WORLD HIT FESTIVAL**

Hello everybody and welcome to the my first ever World Hit Festival update. We have had quite some time away to think about the things that I would like to do during my time as Overseer as the World Hit Festival and I can't wait to get started.

I would like to congratulate the team from RTVK and the whole of Kalosia for winning the 51st World Hit Festival which was held in Sinnlichšukai, Kalosia. Kalosia won the World Hit Festival with 34 points, 6 points clear of second place with their song "L'Eklisu" sung by Domeniku Kaľari. The song was a very powerful emotional ballad that certainly is appropriate in the time that we are currently facing. Bravo!

As you all know by now, the winner of the World Hit Festival has the honour of hosting the next World Hit Festival - but by no means does this mean that they will host. As we saw last edition, Britonisea - despite winning - did not host the Festival. We have to make sure that the World Hit Festival will be held to the best of its ability and sometimes certain delegations feel as though it is better to let somebody else host. We would like to congratulate the hosts, Todlichebujoku for the great edition. It was great going back to place we haven't been to for quite some time.

Concerning the 52nd World Hit Festival, we were in close contact with those at RTVK, the broadcaster for Kalosia at the World Hit Festival and issues were raised about the current situation with COVID-19. RTVK had a meeting with those a part of the World Hit Festival Board - the newly formed Reference Group - to discuss whether Kalosia can host the World Hit Festival...

And this was their decision...

MONTERRA, KALOSIA!
We return to the capital of Kalosia, the city of the ultimate World Hit Festival 26 tiebreaker... MONTERRA for the first time in 26 editions! While there will be altercations to the Festival, with full details about what is happening set to be revealed very soon, we are set to have an absolutely fantastic edition in Kalosia and we cannot wait for the Festival to begin.

I cannot wait to head to the host city for what is set to be a remarkable edition of the World Hit Festival. I will see you all on television on the 4th of July 2020.

Guy Autriche

Whilst you're here, why don't you look at those on the World Hit Festival Board. Is your nation present?

WORLD HIT FESTIVAL BOARD
Confirmed Members of the newly formed Reference Group

The winning nation of the 52nd World Hit Festival will automatically earn a spot into the World Hit Festival Board...who is going to win the upcoming edition?

Guy Autriche
Last edited by Britonisea on Sat May 23, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Announcement #25 - 10th July 2020

Postby Britonisea » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:00 pm

**NEWS REGARDING THE 53RD WORLD HIT FESTIVAL**

It has only taken Britonisea two editions, but I would like to congratulate my nation for yet another World Hit Festival win. Thanks to ELIANA with her song "Tongue-Tied", the nation won their 7th World Hit Festival title emphatically with 38 points - only a single point clear from the runner-ups, Normandy & Picardy.

I would also like to thank RTVK for hosting a great World Hit Festival and despite the adversity faced, the broadcaster still pulled of a world-class event that we can all be proud of. As we all know...the show must go on...

After having a consultation with the World Hit Festival Reference Group, Brityunik Vefecosoin Cairkovoin [BVC] was asked whether they wanted to host the World Hit Festival. There were discussions that went on behind the scenes, including how, if the Britonish wanted to host, they would be able to cope amid the COVID-19 pandemic. After an intense discussion, members of the board were asked whether they were satisfied.

This was their decision...

BOVINGDON, BRITONISEA!
BVC have decided to try something different instead by hosting World Hit Festival in a non-city location. Turning the World Hit Festival into an actual Festival in a countryside location, BVC decided that we will be travelling to the Authority of Doportedas, to the town of... BOVINGDON which is 100 miles south of Doportedas City. More information will be revealed about the changes to the World Hit Festival in a Welcome Pack which will be released on Sunday 12th June 2020 [The Sign-Ups open here]! The Welcome Pack will have all the necessary details for the show and more graphics for what will be a great edition of the World Hit Festival.

This is bound to be an exciting adventure that I am most definitely looking forward to. It's time for Chapter 53 of the World Hit Festival...are you ready to start the journey?

Guy Autriche

**NEWS REGARDING THE 52nd WORLD HIT FESTIVAL**

Here is the official document which shows the full ranking of all participating delegations at the World Hit Festival.

FULL RANKING OF WORLD HIT FESTIVAL 52

Guy Autriche

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Announcement #26 - 29th August 2020

Postby Britonisea » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:51 pm

**NEWS REGARDING THE 54TH WORLD HIT FESTIVAL**

Hello everybody, this is your World Hit Festival Overseer speaking, back after a nice summer break in Bovingdon! The weather was fantastic.

I would like to congratulate the team from Britonisea and BVC for hosting the largest ever World Hit Festival which resulted in an Achaean win, with the nation winning the World Hit Festival title for the first time ever with a total of 50 points. We would like to congratulate the team in Achaean Republic...

As you all know by now, the winner of the World Hit Festival has the honour of hosting the next World Hit Festival - but by no means does this mean that they will host. After the World Hit Festival meeting that we had today, it was decided that...

LA CAÑADA, ACHAEAN REPUBLIC!
With over 135,000 residents, La Cañada is the second largest city in the State of Corola, after the City of Corola proper known for its caves which make a special feature in their logo...

I cannot wait to head to the host city for what is set to be a remarkable edition of the World Hit Festival. I will see you all on television in early October!

Guy Autriche

The OOC thread opens tomorrow at 8pm.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Bidding for JWHF8! & WHF56 Orchestra Edition

Postby Britonisea » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:48 am

NEWS REGARDING THE JUNIOR WORLD HIT FESTIVAL 8

Hello! Below, I am going to briefly discuss what is going to be happening regarding the 8th Junior World Hit Festival. Editions of the Junior World Hit Festival usually happen five editions at a time. The last Junior World Hit Festival was held after the 50th World Hit Festival sometime in April and so with the 55th World Hit Festival fast approaching, it is time to announce what is going to happen with the upcoming Junior World Hit Festival. The host of the Junior World Hit Festival will replace Achaean Republic on the World Hit Festival Board after they host until the next Junior World Hit Festival.

DATES OF THE JUNIOR WORLD HIT FESTIVAL

Similarly to the 7th Junior World Hit Festival, the bidding process for the 8th Junior World Hit Festival will happen on The World Hit Network, with examples of previous bids being on the first page. The 8th Junior World Hit Festival's OOC thread will go up to a day after the Draft Thread for the 50th World Hit Festival closes and will last until 20th December 2020; where the winner will be announced. The dates of the Junior World Hit Festival and the 55th/56th World Hit Festival have been designed so that it doesn't clash with WV too much. The 8th Junior World Hit Festival will be the last WHF event of 2020 and it's around Christmas/New Years time so perhaps keep that in mind when going for a theme!

Opening of the Junior World Hit Festival Sign-Ups: 8th November 2020
Opening of the Draft Thread: 22nd November 2020
Closing of the Draft Thread: 6th December 2020
Jury Voting: 7th December - 13th December 2020
Televoting: 7th December - 13th December 2020 (after a nation sends jury votes)
Voting Reveal 14th December - 20th December 2020
Winner Known By: 20th December 2020

The World Hit Festival 56 - Orchestra Edition will open on the 13th December 2020 - the winner of WHF55 will have a couple of weeks to prepare their hosting. Perhaps the WHF56 new host can work with the JWHF8 to make an interval act about what to expect?!? Up to you...

Now, before I get into it more, the first thing that I will talk about is the bidding process because this has been omitted from the schedule. We believe that having the Host Bidding process beforehand will make it much easier for the contest to happen and will bring more attention to who is hosting rather than who might host. We will also have the bidding process happen over a longer period of time to ensure that we gain good quality bids, not rushed jobs. As the tentative schedule has been released, we hope that potential hosts will take this into account when bidding and will be readily available. Hosting the Junior World Hit Festival will be a large task and we intend to have a host that is fully invested in hosting the competition. With that being said, below, you can find the dates to the bidding process for the Junior World Hit Festival 6.

Bidding for JWHF
27th September 2020 - 25th October 2020
Four weeks; 28 days.

On 27th September, I will open the bidding process for the 8th Junior World Hit Festival. The host bidding process will happen in the WHF Network thread with more information coming on the day I open the process. There will then be 28 days to allow nations to bid for the World Hit Festival. After the 25th October 2020, I will put up the bidding process votes in the evening and there will be a vote for a week until the 1st November 2020. Everyone on the WHF Board (except if they are bidding) is expected to vote. In the case of a tiebreak, their votes will decide who hosts the 8th Junior World Hit Festival.

If no bids come through in the allocated time, the Overseer will be elected as the host for the competition (that's if no one in the WHF Board is interested).

In order to bid, you must have participated at least once at the World Hit Festival or Junior World Hit Festival.

THE CURRENT VOTING SYSTEM AT JWHF8

The Jury and Televote done in one week, we will be doing that for the upcoming 8th Junior World Hit Festival. We wanted to ease everyone into voting in two different ways. And so we have a Jury Vote and a Televote in order to decide the winner of the 7th World Hit Festival. Below I will go through how this will all work;

Jury Vote: The Jury Vote will be the normal phases that we have at the current World Hit Festival. It is up to the host whether they would like to split this up into 4-1 and 5 points. However, the Overseer will recommend that reverting to the normal World Hit Festival 5-1 voting reveal recently used at the 39th World Hit Festival. In order to make the voting segment easier for everyone, nations will no longer have to provide a full ranking. Instead, nations can simply provide their top 5. If nations would like to reveal their full rankings, they can simply send their full ranking to the host and the host will reveal the full ranking when they reveal their votes.

So there is no difference there, really. After a nation votes, the host will then tell the Overseer (incumbent and new), who will then send a link to an external voting and data collection website which will collect the televoting points. Each nation will be able to vote for four different nations on top of those that they voted for in the Jury...but there's a twist.

[blocktext]Televote: For the host of the 7th Junior World Hit Festival, I would personally like to see the televote of the 7th Junior World Hit Festival be just as high impact as the Televoting at the Eurovision Song Contest. I will be happy to allocate only two of the seven days that the voting reveal happens to the televoting, making it the phase which is the quickest (more days in JWHF7 is larger than 18 nations). They can decide to randomly dish out the televotes over the two days. They are also free to go from last place in the televote to the first place, or even go along the ranking of the jury vote (as was done at the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest). Though, the system used must raise impact - not stop it from happening. Below, I will speak about how each nation will be able to vote.

The exact system of the televote has yet to be decided, but this will be announced before the bidding lines open.

The Overseer will collect these votes using the external voting system. The Host and the Overseer will create a small RP (like a Jon Ola Sand/Host interaction "Are the votes ready?") And at this point, the Overseer will send the Host the full televoting details. This can be done before the end of the 5-1 point reveal, but after the first day of voting. This was highly successful. The Overseer will not know the final result until the end like everybody else.

NEWS REGARDING THE 56TH WORLD HIT FESTIVAL

It has been confirmed that the 56th World Hit Festival will again be an Orchestra Edition. This will be the second time that the Orchestra Edition has been done after the first one which was held in Izmedu at the 46th edition. As with that edition, your song doesn't have to be full orchestral, composed by your nation's philharmonic orchestra - it can still be a pop song, but it has to have strong orchestral elements. We will be using the same system as the 46th World Hit Festival to vett who's song is accepted and who's isn't. You can find the rules of Orchestral songs on that thread I posted.

Moreover, it will mean that the winner of the 55th World Hit Festival should accommodate for a full orchestra in their plans. It's not much you have to change, just make sure there's an orchestra pit!

If you have any questions, please feel free to post a reply below or in the #worldhitfestival discord channel.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Bidding for JWHF8 is open!

Postby Britonisea » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:40 pm

BIDDING FOR JUNIOR WORLD HIT FESTIVAL 8 IS OPEN
If you intend to bid, please read the following information very carefully.

I can officially announce that the bidding process for the Junior World Hit Festival is open. The bidding process will be open until 25th October 2020 at 20:00 GMT and an hour or two after the bidding process closes, I will officially open the voting stage. While bidding is open for everyone who participated in at least one World Hit Festival, I will be contacting people who I believe should bid for the Junior Festival. I do encourage those who have not yet hosted a song contest (or haven't hosted in a long time) to submit a bid. I will be guiding you through this hosting - even more so than a normal WH. Please read the following information below very carefully, otherwise your bid will be rejected and will not be entered into the process.

After you post a bid below, please contact me via DM or Telegram so I can confirm your bid.

In order to bid, you must have participated at least ONCE in the World Hit Festival or Junior World Hit Festival between JWHF6 (WHF47) and WHF53. In the case that there are no bids a week before the deadline, the Overseer will host the competition (probably as Estogium).

HOW TO BID FOR JWHF8

I. Signature and declaration of interest
In order to bid for the 8th edition of the Junior World Hit Festival, there are some things that you are going to need in order for your bid to be accepted. The first thing that is going to be needed is a signature that you will place at the top or bottom of your bid. The signature that you can find below is a simple declaration of your interest in hosting the Junior World Hit Festival 8 and your promise to the community to fulfil your duties as a host. The 8th Junior World Hit Festival is going to be run differently to the normal version of the World Hit Festival and so we need to have full commitment from the host. In order to sign the declaration, please cross the boxes and place the name of your Head of Delegation where it says SIGNED BY.
Code: Select all
[Blocktext][spoiler=SIGNATURE AND DECLARATION OF INTEREST][box][b]SIGNATURE AND DECLARATION OF INTEREST[/b]

[i]General Information[/i]
[b]Nation Full Name:[/b]
[b]National JWHF Broadcaster:[/b]

[i]Declaration[/i]
I. [b]I am formally declaring that our nation is willing to host the 8th edition of the Junior World Hit Festival with the conditions that we set in this bid and the rules and regulations of the Junior World Hit Festival:[/b] [] YES, [] NO
II. [b]I am willing to adhere to the dates of the deadlines of the 8th Junior World Hit Festival, set out [url=https://forum.nationstates.net/posting.php?mode=reply&f=4&t=449333#pr35826389]here[/url] - except in extenuating circumstances:[/b]  [] YES, [] NO
III. [b]I am happy to work with the World Hit Festival Overseer to bring together the 8th Junior World Hit Festival together and willing to be the first to trial the new voting segment which will be implemented at the 8th Junior World Hit Festival:[/b] [] YES, [] NO
IV. [b]I am willing to fully accept my duty as Junior World Hit Festival host, including the preparation of the contest (Opening, Interval and graphics):[/b] [] YES, [] NO
V. [b]I am prepared to host the Semi-Finals if the threshold is broken:[/b]  [] YES, [] NO
VI. [b]I am happy to discuss a televote system which will be used for the 8th Junior World Hit Festival:[/b] [] YES, [] NO

[i]Signature[/i]
[b]SIGNED BY:[/b]

[/box][/spoiler][/Blocktext]

It should end up looking like this (but of course, in a spoiler);

General Information
Nation Full Name: The United Republic of Britonisea
National JWHF Broadcaster: BVC (Brityunik Vefecosoin Ciarkovoin)

Declaration
I. I am formally declaring that our nation is willing to host the 8th edition of the Junior World Hit Festival with the conditions that we set in this bid and the rules and regulations of the Junior World Hit Festival: [x] YES, [] NO
II. I am willing to adhere to the dates of the deadlines of the 8th Junior World Hit Festival, set out here - except in extenuating circumstances: [x] YES, [] NO
III. I am happy to work with the World Hit Festival Overseer to bring together the 8th Junior World Hit Festival together and willing to be the first to trial the new voting segment which will be implemented at the 8th Junior World Hit Festival: [x] YES, [] NO
IV. I am willing to fully accept my duty as Junior World Hit Festival host, including the preparation of the contest (Opening, Interval and graphics): [x] YES, [] NO
VI. I am happy to discuss a televote system which will be used for the 8th Junior World Hit Festival: [x] YES, [] NO

Signature
SIGNED BY: GUY AUTRICHE
The signature already comes spoilered and should be placed at the very top or very bottom of the bid - that's up to the bidder's discretion. Please contact me via DM or Telegram if you would like to know more about the televoting segment or any other aspect of the World Hit Festival before bidding.

II. The Host Bid - Necessary Details
Opening of the Junior World Hit Festival Sign-Ups: 8th November 2020
Opening of the Draft Thread: 22nd November 2020
Closing of the Draft Thread: 6th December 2020
Jury Voting: 7th December - 13th December 2020
Televoting: 7th December - 13th December 2020 (after a nation sends jury votes)
Voting Reveal 14th December - 20th December 2020
Winner Known By: 20th December 2020

Below, I will list things that will be needed in the Host Bid, with more detail on certain sections being in Section III.

• Name of city/venue: The first things that we are going to need in the host bid is the name of the city that intends to host the 8th edition of the Junior World Hit Festival. We will also need the name of the venue and the capacity too. If you intend to not use an arena, rather opting for an outdoor venue, please state this clearly in your bid. There have been World Hit Festivals that have taken place outdoors and so please do not feel limited to choosing an arena - though it is recommended. You can include images/graphics to aid this.
  • Applicant City/Host Information: When you have listed the name of your city and the arena, we would like to know more about the applicant city - go into detail about what the city is about. In addition, you may write details about the whole nation...why is your nation and why is your city the perfect host for the 8th Junior World Hit Festival? Please also include a hosting portfolio for your nation. In addition to this, you can include images/graphics for visual representation.
  • Staging Details: We would like to know more about the staging that you would like to create at the Junior World Hit Festival. Do you intend to have an optional orchestra pit or not? Do you intend to have LED walls? Please do go into detail about what the stage you will have at the 8th Junior World Hit Festival will have and won't. Please feel free to include images/graphics to show images of the bid.
  • The Theme/Postcards: Do you intend to have a theme for the upcoming Junior World Hit Festival. We highly recommend this, especially due to how often the Festival is and it will make it much more memorable to have one. In addition to this, do you intend to have postcards and if so, what will be the themes for that? Feel free to provide visual representations of the theme and postcards.
  • Details about the contest: We would like to know more about the details of the contest. Included in this section, feel free to say how the running order will be decided (randomised/decided/order posted on the Draft Thread). You can also speak about how you intend to involve the participating nations. Finally, like at the Eurovision Song Contest, the televote will be revealed afterwards. In those (max) 7 days, how will you reveal the results?
    - For the 5-1 segment, you can reveal the votes normally (like last Junior World Hit Festival seen here). You can reveal it in two phases like at the 46th World Hit Festival (seen here) or a different method.
    - For the televoting, do you intend to reveal the results of the televoting in one go? Do you intend to go along from last place to first place in the televote (ESC 2016-2018) or the jury vote (ESC 2019) or a different method?
  • Closing Statements: Why should you vote for us...?
You will find that the above detail is not too dissimilar from WorldVision Song Contest bids or former Junior World Hit Festival bids. If you would like to make your bids more unique and attractive to voters, I would highly advise you take into account information in the next section.

III. The Host Bid - Additional Details

Below, I will list things that will be could be added in the Host Bid.

• Graphics: Some people decide that graphics are what make or break a bid and this is the most-encouraged additional detail that you could have in your bid such as the logo. Other graphics that you could decide to have includes examples of what the postcards will look like. If you intend to have headers for each performance, you might want to provide a visual representation of what these graphics will look like. In addition to this, I believe that it is a nice addition to give voters a taste of what the voting segment graphics will look like. An example of this can be shown at the bottom of this host information for World Hit Festival 43.
    -If you need more information/help and advice about what the graphics might look like for the televoting segment, please DM or TG me.
  • Information about the Festival: Additional information that you might want to include are the names and faces of who will host the Junior World Hit Festival and why they have been chosen to host it. In addition to this, you might also decide to add in information regarding the Opening and Interval acts of the competition. Having more information might help voters connect with your bids more.
  • Anything Else: If there are more things that have not been mentioned but you feel with greatly help your chances, please add them to your bid. We would love to see in-depth, really detailed bids.

Once the winner has been picked, the OOC Thread of the 8th Junior World Hit Festival will go live within a week after the official announcement.

We would like to see many nations bidding to host the Junior World Hit Festival - it will be a great opportunity to host what is expected to be a large festival. Along with the host, I intend to raise the profile of the Festival, including pausing the senior edition to make way for what will be an exciting and brand new version of the Festival in a light we have not seen before. If you have never placed a bid for a competition/hosted before, don't feel afraid to post a bid! If anything, this is a great start as you will have the support from the Overseer (and all the community) to help guide you as a host. If you have hosted 100s of times before (looking at you, Izmedu) and feel confident to host this, feel free to drop a bid by! Below, you will be able to find the deadline. Good luck and I can't wait to see the bids!

Bidding for JWHF8 Deadline
Sunday 25th October 2020
20:00 GMT(United Kingdom Time)

Natanya
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 15, 2011
Liberal Democratic Socialists

An Official Announcement by NTV

Postby Natanya » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:07 am

General Information
Nation Full Name: The Ancient Queendom of Natanya
National JWHF Broadcaster: NTV

Declaration
I. I am formally declaring that our nation is willing to host the 8th edition of the Junior World Hit Festival with the conditions that we set in this bid and the rules and regulations of the Junior World Hit Festival: [X] YES, [] NO
II. I am willing to adhere to the dates of the deadlines of the 8th Junior World Hit Festival, set out here - except in extenuating circumstances: [X] YES, [] NO
III. I am happy to work with the World Hit Festival Overseer to bring together the 8th Junior World Hit Festival together and willing to be the first to trial the new voting segment which will be implemented at the 8th Junior World Hit Festival: [X] YES, [] NO
IV. I am willing to fully accept my duty as Junior World Hit Festival host, including the preparation of the contest (Opening, Interval and graphics): [X] YES, [] NO
V. I am prepared to host the Semi-Finals if the threshold is broken: [X] YES, [] NO
VI. I am happy to discuss a televote system which will be used for the 8th Junior World Hit Festival: [X] YES, [] NO

Signature
SIGNED BY: Zhana Utrelugova

NTV is proud to announce that Natanya is official bidding for the rights to host the 8th Junior World Hit Festival in our national capital of Nightton! The broadcaster announced intentions to bid for hosting an international event like WHF over a year ago, but has since had radio silence on the topic, until now that is.

The City

Nightton is Natanya’s capital and largest city. The sprawling metropolitan area is located almost exactly in the centre of the Natanyan island, on the south shore of the nation’s largest lake, Lake Gigataisch. A historic city, parts of the metropolitan area have been settled for over a thousand years, with the area chosen as the location for the capital of a united island due to it very central position. This long, rich history as the political and literal centre of the country has given Nightton a plethora of historic structures and landmarks to be seen, ranging from medieval palaces to 17th-century churches, thousands of years of history runs through this cities veins, waiting to be discovered with each turn of a street corner.

However, history is not the only thing Nightton boasts, as staying true to the Natanyan cultural theme of staying with the times without losing tradition, Nightton has plenty of very modern attractions scattered among it’s shopping centres and exhibitions. No need to worry if you’re more into battles on a screen or stage rather than in a museum, with various cinemas, theatres, art galleries and e-cafes, no one will have miss out on their technological creature comforts while staying in the city. A city of many colours, there is surely something to entertain all ages and types that may come to the city due to the contest.

As the metaphorical heart of the nation and a common crossroads for domestic travel, basically all aspects of Natanyan culture can be found on display within the city. Regional cuisine, culture and activities that are usually sparsely found outside of their native region can be experienced in city’s streets alongside more general national culture and of course, Nighttonic regional culture. And due to the city’s size and presence at the forefront of Natanya, many pockets of international culture can also be seen. From Achaean cuisine to Amuapluean music, in the generally isolationist queendom, Nightton offers a surprising range of international experiences.

Nightton is equipped with city-wide transport links, with speedy metro and tram systems covering most of the inner city, and train and bus links extending to the outermost suburbs and commuter towns. The nation’s premier city that blends history, culture and contemporary life, it was the obvious choice as candidate for Natanya’s first major international event and is well equipped to manage and host such an event successfully.

The Arena

The Nightton Coliseum is a multiuse entertainment complex in the north-east region of Nightton, near to the Gigataisch shorelines. The Nightton Coliseum has multiple halls specialised for a wide arrangement of different shows and events, ranging from 100-person capacity conference rooms up to the main hall with a total capacity 22,000 at maximum seating usage. The main hall, officially known in English as the King Wilhelm Grand Hall, will be used for the contest if Nightton is chosen to host. Due to one end of the hall’s seating area needing to be used for the stage, taking into account addition floor level seating, it is estimated the hall could host a total of 16,800 live spectators for the night of the competition.

As for the Green Room, one of the complex’s medium sized halls, the Ddraig Theatre, will be transformed into a stylistically matched Green Room with individual booths for each nation’s extended delegation, including the artists, any backing singers or dancers and their relevant managers or guardians. The Green Room will also host a refreshments area and a common play area for the members of the different delegations to relax and socialise as the show commences. Press Rooms, Fan Areas and Merchandise Stores will be hosted in multiple of the smaller conference rooms throughout the complex.

The Stage

Our proposed design for the stage at the 8th Junior World Hit Festival is a large, wide and open stage, allowing lots of room for adventurous and spacious staging of each nation’s entry if desired. The stage is multi-layered, with one large main floor, and two more higher levels at each side of the stage. As well as this, the stage has 3 rising platforms that will rise from the main floor into the air.

When it comes to lighting, the stage will have one large LED screen across the back of the main level, with neon columns and hidden spotlights either side of the main LED screen, in addition to this, there are 7 neon rings suspended above the stage, the elevation of these rings can be changed to suit the staging, and each ring has a neon outlining, with an LED screen in the centre. The front of the elevated stages on either side also have LED screens and the whole stage has a neon outline. The floor of the stage itself does not have LED screens, however LED floored platforms are available if needed by a delegation, as are smaller mobile LED screens.

For further effects that may be used during a performance, we can cater for a wide range of ideas. As seen in the example images, theatrical smoke and fog is easily available, as are further lighting effects, fire and spark pyrotechnics, projections and rain effects. Computer generated augmented reality effects can be discussed with our production company beforehand if desired. Any extra props delegations would like to bring themselves they are free to do so.

Live Draw

The show is intended to feature a live draw event during the opening ceremony for the competition, which will take place the Ddraig Theatre, however with a different, more formal aesthetic than it will take for the Green Room design a week later. Broadcast online, delegations are invited and encouraged to get involved with the red-carpet event beforehand, and maybe even answer some quick optional questions in a mini interview. After all formalities are out of the way and everyone is settled in the theatre, the draw will get underway. The draw will be carried out in the following order:

1. Every competing nation shall have a piece of paper with their name and flag printed on it, which shall be rolled up and placed within a clear bowl and mixed to randomise the positions of each small scroll.
  2. 3 auditors will take it in turns to choose another nation from the “Nation” bowl, and then a half for said nation to be drawn into from a second “Half” bowl.
  3. If the competing number of nations is odd, Natanya will not be drawn into a half but instead will have their position drawn after the halves are revealed for each other nation. If the competing number of nations is even, Natanya’s position will be drawn first, before the halves are revealed.
  4. Once the halves are revealed, the nation’s scrolls will be places back into the bowls, with the 2 bowls now housing the two separate halves.
  5. Depending on the number of nations participating in the final, 2/4 nations will be chosen from the bowls again. Firstly, a nation will be chosen from each bowl, with the nation from the First Half bowl being drawn to perform first, and the nation from the second half bowl being drawn to perform last.
  6. Finally, if there is 10 or more nations participating, 2 more nations will be drawn, conversely from the first two, this time the First Half bowl nation will close the first half, and the Second Half bowl nation will open the second half.
  7. In the unlikely event of semi-finals occurring, this exact method would be carried out for the semis, and then again for the final. The draw for the final would be broadcast as well, however would not have a large formal audience.

Afterwards, participants would be allowed to come up on stage and collect the scrolls with their nation’s name and their half, which they are allowed to take as a keepsake, as well as quickly comment on their draw. Within 30 minutes of the draw, the complete running order will be decided by the producers and will be announced at the end of the opening ceremony.

Opening & Interval Acts

The show will open with a short intro video, which will show children from different areas travelling into Nightton on different modes of transport all under a night’s sky. This will then transition into the arena, in which some more short videos will be shown on the LEDs, chronicling the past 7 editions of the Junior contest, before opening the 8th. After this the open act proper will begin, which will see a performance from Natanyan JWHF7 entrant Juliya Togeyvo with accompaniment from a Nightton children’s choir, who will then be joined by the offical host, ending the act by officially opening the show.
If this is a somewhat sizeable edition of JWFH, a short host intervention will take place in the middle of the show, diving the two halves of the show. This host intervention would likely be a quick sing-along of a traditional Natanyan song popular with children, to share some Natanyan culture and give everyone a quick resting period.
For the voting interval act, firstly there would be a performance of some traditional Natanyan dance and general showing of some Natanyan culture, after which some children of other cultures would join the act on stage, as well as some international performers, whom will come together and perform a multilingual versions of some well known JWHF and children’s songs. The exacts of these acts depends on yet-to-happen negotiations with third parties, so certain details are subject to change, however this is the general blueprint of how the show would play out.

The Host

The chosen host for the event would be Natanyan folk singer and actress Kaylileenástkadeenada Ñadiakimadoradaþínkaðerren. One of Natanya’s biggest names in Folk and Indie music, she has stayed household name for all of her decade long career. Lately she has started to venture into acting and has featured in a few Natanyan TV programmes and movies.

A veteran on the world stage, she represented Natanya back at the Worldvision Song Contest 31, the nations second only appearance. She once again represented the nation at the 54th Worldvision Song Contest, achieving 16th place both times, the entries were Natanya’s 2 best placements in the contest until the recent bronze medal at Worldvision 83.

Though best known for her Worldvision participation, Kaylileenástkadeenada has also shown interest in representing the nation at World Hit Festival as well. Participating and getting to the final of “The Natanyan Song for Mousiki”, the doomed national final for World Hit Festival 31 in which the results were never revealed. Due to this history, ever year before Natanya announces their act, she is always one of the top names that the rumour mill likes bet on, so it seems natural that she would be the first choice for hosting a Natanyan event.

Graphics & Theming

Main Logo – The main logo of the contest features 5 connected stars, that form a pentagon shape around a golden 8, set upon a deep purple background. The stars correlate to the proposed slogan for the contest, which is also shown, and encase the 8 to make it centre of the logo.

Slogan – The proposed slogan for the contest is “Play Among the Stars”. This was chosen to set the general theme for the contest, stars. A more nocturnal theme was chosen due to the contests usually taking place in the evening, with stars in particular being chosen due to their easy and recognisable shape, as well as their habit to induce childlike wonder when one thinks about them. Taken from the lyrics of the song “Fly Me to the Moon”, the exact line was chosen due to its connection with music, and its referencing to play, the fundamental childhood activity.

Postcards – Sticking with the nocturnal theme, each postcard shall present an evening or night activity in the city of Nightton. The full postcards will be written out, with the snapshot image being of the main location the postcard takes place in, with text written on as if it were and actual postcard from said location.

Header – The header for each act will feature the 5-star logo of the competition but recoloured to match the colours of the nation flag of each act, and with the 8 replaced by the nation’s name. The act details will be present either side of stars, with the artist name on the left-hand side, and the song name on the right-hand side.

Footer – The footer for each act will feature their running order number, nation name and trigramme hashtag, along with a small version of the 5-star logo.

Voting

The scoreboards will carry a common theme throughout, utilising the three main colours of the contest’s design, dark purple, deep lilac and gold as well as using star images for some of the backgrounds. These main colours are also used in the symbolism for whether a nation has voted or is yet to vote, however instead of fully colouring a nation in, this is represented by their border. A matching border means a nation is yet to vote, a golden border means the nation has voted and a deep lilac border means the nation is currently voting. During the jury vote, the scorecards will display a portrait view of each nation’s spokesperson, said spokespersons name and age and, as a way to both cover what would be wasted space and add an educational twist for the children watching, will display 3 facts about the nation that is presently voting.

As for the order of the voting itself, it would be planned to be revealed in 3 parts. The plan would be to reveal the 5 points of the juries separately from the 1-4 points, as is done as standard in the adult equivalent of the competition. First the 1-4 points from each nation would be revealed, and then the points would loop back around, and each nation would announce their 5 points. To prevent this from slowing down the competition, this just means more nations would be revealed each night, rather than extending the voting reveal period for a longer time. As for the televote, this would be revealed in a different way.

Firstly, all the nations would be revealed to be in 3 groups, the lower group, the middle group and the higher group, based on where they came in the solely televote ranking. At first only the lower group would be revealed, and then in ascending order of where they finished in the jury vote, their points would be revealed. This would carry out the same for the middle group as well, with the nations in this group being revealed after the lower group. This would change slightly for the higher group, who would instead be revealed in televote score order until only the top 2 remained, following which the televote’s top 2 would be revealed at the same time, keeping the suspense to the very last moment. This would be tweaked slightly for a smaller contest, with the potential for the whole of the higher group to be revealed at once, or for the groups to be changed to just a higher and lower group.

Extra Information and Closing Statement

This edition would have to have a few host requirements for delegations to fulfil. Firstly, the location visited by the delegations in their postcard will be chosen by the delegates using a “Choose Your Fate” system like has been seen at World Hit Festival in past editions. Per usual to these systems, delegates would choose a random available number from a list in a factbook, with each number corresponding to a different postcard activity. Delegates would also need to provide up to 5 colours from their flag to be used in their heading, so the shades of said colours are the correct ones. A nation does not have to provide 5 colours, even if their flag does have 5 or more colours present on it, however it is recommended that delegates provide at least 2 or 3 colours for the headers to look their best. As well as this, the nation’s officials may be asked to help with cultivating their national facts.

Furthermore, there will be some optional opportunities for each nations representative to join in on some extra events during the weeks of the contest, including the aforementioned opening ceremony and some general press conferences, though none of this would be too intense or too long. There will also be various bits of merchandise and related media for the contest that would be revealed at a later date.

Other than it’s own domestic shows and occasional competitions, Natanya does not have much hosting history at all, which is why to is due time for the nation to make it’s move into taking on international competition hosting like the international song competitions, with JWHF being the perfect stepping stone onto that future of more hostings and Natanya making more of a name for itself as a capable, international organiser and host.

With all being said, this bid has been cultivated by the team at NTV and have made this Natanya’s most daring and elaborate attempt in participating on an international stage, something NTV has wanted and planned to do for years in the run up to this, and by doing so have made sure that this would surely make such a memorable and unique competition in both Natanyan history and World Hit Festival history. We thoroughly hope you enjoyed this official Natanyan bid for the hosting of the 8th Junior World Hit Festival, and we hope to be able to welcome you to Nightton in a couple months’ time.

Zhana Utrelugova and NTV
GENERATION 33: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation.

WV21 - Savnic - The Japanese Girl - 22nd - 25 points,
WV31 - Kaylileenástkadeenada Ñadiakimadoradaþínkaðerren - You Can't Make Me Cry - 16th - 37 points,
WV32 - Tuo Su and Yao Su - Internal Fire - 19th - 42 Points,
WV34 - CNLD,
WV38 - CNLD.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Update on the Bidding Process - 1st October 2020

Postby Britonisea » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:29 pm

**NEWS REGARDING THE 8TH JUNIOR WORLD HIT FESTIVAL**

We can confirm that we have received an official bid from Nightton, Natanya. The City of Nightton will be added to the list of official applicant cities to host the 8th Junior World Hit Festival.

You can find more information about the bid here: CityofNighttonJWHF8Bid.pdf

This also means that a Britonish city will not be obligated to host the Junior World Hit Festival, but one is still free to bid for the Festival.

Guy Autriche
Last edited by Britonisea on Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beepee
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Beepee » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:00 am

NORFOLK PINEWOODS / BEEPEE

The Beepeean Occasional News Corporation (BONC) is delighted to announce its hosting bid for Junior World Hit Festival (JWHF) 8.

Theme

The proposed theme will be "Grow Your Passion", together with a stylised pine tree.  The tree will feature heavily in graphics for the event.

The theme has been chosen to promote sustainability and promote awareness of environmental concerns, whilst cultivating children's passion.

Norfolk Pinewoods

A Welcome Pack is provided to all participants, including a background of
The jewel in the crown of Beepeean cities, Norfolk Pinewoods has all he modern day amenities of a large city, with bars, restaurants, entertainment and sporting venues.  Despite the capital of Beepee, having a population of only 16,412, Norfolk Pinewoods has something for all ages.

The legislative and administrative hub of Beepee, Norfolk Pinewoods (NP) has a cool city vibe, where you can chill out in the coffee shops in one of our leafy suburbs or shop in our recently refurbished central business district.

When seeking a place to enjoy the first meal of the day, NP leaves visitors spoiled for choice.

A short stroll through the CBD leads visitors to the legendary Patty Zeri's Bakery. Zeri does freshly baked goods extremely well, and the heady scent of artisanal pastries and breads that fill the interiors of the shop explain why it’s been a local favourite for years. While  the homemade pies, pastries and tarts are all winners.

Visit the local markets, held every Saturday in the heart of the CBD the Markets are a must-visit for everything from vintage fashion to antique decor, upcycled goods, handmade beauty products, ceramics and fashion from up-and-coming local designers. The market is held come rain, hail or shine, and funds raised go towards  local orphanages, adding some social good to the experience.

Home to many of Beepee’s most exciting contemporary art galleries, such as the sophisticated Franklin J Hart Studio, commonly known as the F Hart Studio, on Kodak Street, art lovers can check out the work of established and up-and-coming local artists.

In NP, astounding architecture meets a human scale, in a city easy to get around in with an extensive public transport network and plenty of natural space to breathe in under a pine or gum tree and soak in the beauty of Beepee.

Bursting with creative energy, stylish restaurants, galleries, small bars and unique shopping experiences. There’s a lot to take in when exploring NP. 

Norfolk Pinewoods was first established in 1878 on the remains of an old plantation.  Founder Earl Smooter was in cotton and all that that entails, and slowly grew to become the capital in Beepeean foundation in 2018.

Modern and historic fuse together in comfortable and liveable city.

Getting Here

Its easy to get to Norfolk Pinewoods and by a method of transport types.

NP Airport receives international flights and is located only short train, bus or taxi ride from the central business district.

If coming by water, arrival through Golden Wattle Bay and then inter-city train or internal flight is the best option.

Beepee has a modern and extensive public transport system and visitors should have no issue travelling around our welcoming nation.

Travel around NP is easy with a comprehensive bus and light rail system which covers many of the main attractions.

A short 1 hr drive outside of NP, visitors can explore the first national park where you see a whole host of local flora and fauna including the famed hairy nosed wombat or see the towering and majestic blue gum trees.

Accomodation

Each delegation will be provided accomodation at one of Beepee Hotels finest apartment hotels.  Staying in comfort and luxury, costs will be borne by BONC.

Draw

A live draw will take place, held on discord.

Dependant on the number of participants, a Semi-Final Draw will also take place.  The structure of the draw will be the same.

Firstly, Beepee, as the host nation, will draw a placement in the running order.  Then each nation will be randomly chosen from a pot and their position in the running order chosen from another pot - until the complete running order is known.

Venue and Staging

The Waratah Theatre, constructed in 1978 and refurbished in 2018 for its fortieth year, is the proposed venue. The theatre sits in the heart of Norfolk Pinewoods.

With a capacity of 2,700 seats and ample technical capabilities (for commentary boxes and international broadcasting), the Waratah Theatre harks back to more civilised times of viewing high quality musical acts in comfort and luxury.

The theatre has facilities including two bars, a cafe, an award winning restaurant,  multiple restrooms as well as full accessibility.

Whilst the main hall will host the event, the smaller second hall will operate as the 'green room space'

The stage will include a split level design with steps centre, left and right joining the two levels.  In the voids between the staircases is space for a band and backing singers.

To the rear of the stage are three full height LED screens which cab be used to display any material the delegate may wish.

Postcards

The postcards will feature the proposed logo for the contest, the pine tree bedecked in the colours flag of the nation.

A simplistic header will also be utilised, and may be used on the performances and /or host information screens.

Examples

Host

We'd like to introduce our proposed host, childrens television presenter, singer and influencer

Mike, who is 22 years old hails from Trinket Creek in Beepee.

Opening and Interval Acts

The opening act will be a popular music entry from a beepeean singer.  There will be one short host intervention at the midway point of the singing portion of the contest and then an interval act, again likely to be a popular musician from Beepee, before the voting begins.

The host will contact participants get information to support the host intervention which will include interviews and/or green room discussions.

Scoreboard

Voting Structure

The voting results will be in two parts. 

First each jury will present its votes - 5 to the favourite then 4, 3, 2 and 1.  These scores will be tallied before the televote will be released.  

Secondly, the televotes will be provided for each nation starting with the nation placed lowest after the jury vote progressing to the nation with the highest jury vote.

Participant Requirements

In addition to the potential for a midshow interview, participants may be asked to:

1) provide a jpg of their flag,

2) provide a photo of their participants and their vote presenter and/or

3) provide other information as the host requires. 

None of the host requested information will be overly onerous.

Listen-along

A listenalong will be hosted on the discord channel, likely in late evening Beepeean Actual Time (i.e. late evening Sydney, Australia time (AEDT))... if successful details will be posted closer to the time.  A full playlist will also be provided.

General Information

Nation Full Name: Beepee

National JWHF Broadcaster: Beepeean Occasional News Corporation (BONC)

Declaration

I. I am formally declaring that our nation is willing to host the 8th edition of the Junior World Hit Festival with the conditions that we set in this bid and the rules and regulations of the Junior World Hit Festival: [☆] YES, [] NO

II. I am willing to adhere to the dates of the deadlines of the 8th Junior World Hit Festival, set out here - except in extenuating circumstances:  [☆] YES, [] NO

III. I am happy to work with the World Hit Festival Overseer to bring together the 8th Junior World Hit Festival together and willing to be the first to trial the new voting segment which will be implemented at the 8th Junior World Hit Festival: [☆] YES, [] NO

IV. I am willing to fully accept my duty as Junior World Hit Festival host, including the preparation of the contest (Opening, Interval and graphics): [☆] YES, [] NO

V. I am prepared to host the Semi-Finals if the threshold is broken:  [☆] YES, [] NO

VI. I am happy to discuss a televote system which will be used for the 8th Junior World Hit Festival: [☆] YES, [] NO

SIGNED BY: Ms Fanny Golightly,

Head of Light Entertainment and Social Happiness
Last edited by Beepee on Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Update on the Bidding Process - 6th October 2020

Postby Britonisea » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:17 pm

We can confirm that we have received an official bid from Norfolk Pinewoods, Beepee. The City of Norfork Pinewoods will be added to the list of official applicant cities to host the 8th Junior World Hit Festival.

You can find more information about the bid here: CityofNorfolkPinewoodsJWHF8Bid.pdf

Guy Autriche

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Announcement #27 - 10 October 2020

Postby Britonisea » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:20 am

**NEWS REGARDING THE 54TH WORLD HIT FESTIVAL**

Good afternoon, this is an official announcement from the World Hit Festival Overseer regarding the results of the 54th World Hit Festival. There have been some discrepancies with the final results of the 54th World Hit Festival that we would like to address. Below you can find the official results of the 54th World Hit Festival.

1st Fromulya 27
2nd Normandy & Picardy 26
3rd Polkopia 25

4th Kalosia 24
5th Achaean Republic 22
6th Britonisea 17
7th North Alezia 17
8th Malta Comino Gozo 17
9th Pemecutan 17
10th Beepee 17
11th Togonistan 15
12th Estogium 15
13th Teesdexxia 9
14th Natanya 8
15th Skanden 8
16th Scotatrova 5
17th Yaakovistan 1
18th South Alezia 0
Total points: 270

As you can see, the winner of the 54th World Hit Festival remains as Fromulya with 28 points. I will list the differences between the official results of the 54th World Hit Festival and the one announced during the live show.
    Top 5 Changes - Due to a clerical error when adding the points, Normandy & Picardy was supposed to receive 5 points more than they did as their five points were given to Skanden. Due to this error, Normandy & Picardy finishes the 54th World Hit Festival with a total of 26 points. This affects the Top 5 as Normandy & Picardy moves to 2nd place, moving Polkopia, Kalosia and Achaean Republic down a place to 3rd, 4th and 5th respectively. Fromulya wrongly received a point instead of Skanden, which means Fromulya wins with 27 points and Skanden receives a point from the 5 they lost. Skanden now has 8 points.
    Right-Hand Scoreboard Changes - Due to Skanden going from 12 points to 8 points, Skanden is no longer 13th place which will be explained more in detail below.

These changes have been made to honour the official results of the World Hit Festival and to make sure that the Festival remains transparent and fair. It is highly important that errors such as these are brought to the attention of the Overseer as soon as possible so that the results announced during the show are the correct ones. Moreover, users should also make sure that they are submitting the correct results to the Host and remember that said results will be locked in. Apologies to those who have been affected by the results. Below are the ties broken correctly;

1. The 17 points mega-tie - I would like to clarify the placements of the five nations that tied for 17 points. In the World Hit Festival, there are no ties and we have rules in place to make sure that we can fairly find a winner in a tie. In this case, Britonisea places in 6th as noted on the scoreboard on the IC thread with 7 votes. In 7th place in North Alezia with 6 votes, including 1 5-points from South Alezia. In 8th place is Malta Comino Gozo as the only other nation with 6 votes. In 9th place is Pemecutan with 5 votes, but 2 5-points from Estogium and Fromulya whereas Beepee only received 1 5-point from Natanya.
  2. 15 points tie - There is a tie between Estogium and Togonistan where Estogium appears in 11th place. The two nations were in an absolute tie, but due to the rules of the World Hit Festival, the countback system continues beyond 1 point. This is why we ask for full rankings from every nation. According to the continued countback system, Togonistan places above Estogium as the nation received 6th place from Teesdexxia as its next highest rank, compared to Estogium's 8th place from both Polkopia and Scotatrova.
  3. 8 point tie - Due to the change of votes, Skanden now has 8 points which ties with Natanya. Natanya and Skanden have an absolute tie which means that we continue the countback system beyond 1 point. Both Natanya and Skanden received 6th place from Malta Comino Gozo and Normandy & Picardy respectively, but Natanya receives a 7th place from Achaean Republic compared to Skanden's next highest rank of 9th by three nations.

I must remind everyone that sending a full ranking according to the rules of the World Hit Festival, but if this cannot be done an alternative solution must be used approved by the Host and Overseer. These are all the changes to the results of the World Hit Festival. You will be able to find out all in-depth detail regarding the 54th World Hit Festival including your placement from each nation on Wednesday 14th October, 20:00 BST when sign-ups for the next Festival open.

There will also be amendments to the rules of the World Hit Festival which will be announced before the sign-ups of the Festival open.

If you have any questions, especially those who have been affected by the result, feel free to DM me or post it in the #worldhitfestival chat on Discord.

Guy Autriche

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Announcement #28 - 13 October 2020

Postby Britonisea » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:20 pm

**NEWS REGARDING THE 55TH WORLD HIT FESTIVAL**

Hello everybody this is Announcement number 28 about the upcoming World Hit Festival.

I would like to congratulate Fromulya for winning the 54th World Hit Festival for the first time ever. It's always fantastic seeing new winners of the World Hit Festival, especially one that had been trying for a long time. Moreover we would like to thank those in Achaean Republic for hosting such a wonderful edition of the World Hit Festival.

As you all know by now, the winner of the World Hit Festival has the honour of hosting the next World Hit Festival - but by no means does this mean that they will host. After the World Hit Festival meeting that we had today, it was decided that...

BRAHMOKERTO, FROMULYA!
Fromulya is a country of thousands. Thousands of volcanoes mark our place in the heart of the Ring of Fire. Thousands of diverse cultures, which meet with one another in peaceful harmony. Thousands of communities, each of them being its own spark that lights the fire of passion that keeps us going, and that keeps us warm in times of peril. Thousands of islands, connected through our shared heritage. Thousands of years of history, as passed on to us by our elders through dance and song.

For the 55th World Hit Festival, we invite you to sing with us, to celebrate life with us. Join us as we dance around the Ring of fire.

It will be fantastic for this nation to host the final senior World Hit Festival of the year. I'm very excited for it.

Guy Autriche

The OOC thread opens tomorrow at 3pm BST
Last edited by Britonisea on Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Vote for your host!

Postby Britonisea » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:31 pm

VOTING IN JUNIOR WORLD HIT FESTIVAL 8
Three nations have decided to bid for Junior World Hit Festival 8.

Natanya - City of Nightton
Venue: The Nightton Coliseum
Participating Broadcaster: NTV
Link to Bid: Play Among The Stars

SIGNED BY: Zhana Utrelugova
Beepee - City of Norfolk Pinewoods
Venue: The Waratah Theatre
Participating Broadcaster: BONC
Link to Bid: Grow Your Passion

You have until 1st November 2020 at 8 pm to vote for who should win the rights to host the upcoming Junior World Hit Festival. You are able to vote as long as you have completed a World Hit Festival entry since the last Junior World Hit Festival (which includes JWHF7, WHF51, WHF52, WHF53, WHF54). Please vote using the links above and below.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Announcement #29 - 1 November 2020

Postby Britonisea » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:09 pm

Hello everybody, this is another Overseer Announcement. As we head closer and closer towards Christmas and the New Year, we have three World Hit Festivals to look forward to, the WHF55, JWHF8 and then WHF56 in January. A few weeks ago we received bids from Beepee and Natanya to host the 8th Junior World Hit Festival. Broadcasters of the World Hit Festival were then told to vote on which of the two bids they preferred. Both bids were of very high quality and it was a close race throughout the voting period but there always must be a winner.

Below you can find the winner of the voting and the host of the 8th Junior World Hit Festival...

NIGHTTON, NATANYA
Nightton is Natanya’s capital and largest city. The sprawling metropolitan area is located almost exactly in the centre of the Natanyan island, on the south shore of the nation’s largest lake, Lake Gigataisch. A historic city, parts of the metropolitan area have been settled for over a thousand years, with the area chosen as the location for the capital of a united island due to it very central position. This long, rich history as the political and literal centre of the country has given Nightton a plethora of historic structures and landmarks to be seen, ranging from medieval palaces to 17th-century churches, thousands of years of history runs through this cities veins, waiting to be discovered with each turn of a street corner.

The upcoming Junior World Hit Festival will be absolutely fantastic and we cannot wait to work with a new host broadcast to bring their vision of the JWHF alive.

Guy Autriche

Natanya - 60%, Beepee - 40%

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates