NATION

PASSWORD

In the land of Golden Tsars (Attn:Wolfenium, MT/FanT closed)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:59 pm

“Oh, glad you asked~. I was going to mention it next~.” Akulina chirped in response to Nove.

“First things first, I’m going to talk about the Monggu Empire first-hand. They are the largest land empire in history of the known world.”

As soon as the Ruuzian princess said it, she projected the holographic image from her smartphone, showing map of the extent of the Monggu Empire. The Monggu Empire, the empire of the horselords, in Iclamian history is considered to be the most feared empire that had destroyed everything in its path, leaving nothing but deaths and ruins. But there’s more to this stereotypes of ‘barbarian nomads’. Despite their nomadic origins and being depicted in history as savage barbarians by the West and Middle-East, the Monggus were actually highly-disciplined warriors, whose taste for conquest and their eagerness to learn, adapt and embraces changes that had led to the founding of the Monggu Empire, world’s largest contiguous empire in Iclamian history, leaving behind a unforgettable legacy that shall live on as long as there’s people who walked on the Earthly world. It is said no armies or nations have fought enemies so numerous and theatres so than Monggu warriors, unlike past steppe empires founded earlier. The Monggus succeeded not only in destroying their foes but also rebuild and ruled the civilizations which they have conquered. And their rule has lasted for centuries. But this great empire of the horselords has ended with the fragmented into four separate empires, each pursuing their interests and objectives, all of them fell in their own time. While the Monggu Empire is gone but impact on the world of Iclamia was huge. The descendants of the founders of the Monggu Empire lived on as emperors of the Qing Dynasty of Minroz.

“The Monggus are steppe nomadic race of brutal conquerors originated from Central Yazhou, hailing from the region called Mongguria. Emerged from Central Yazhou steppes, they unified themselves and the Turkic tribes into the Monggu Empire. They are like the demons pouring out of the pits of hell, waging destruction in their paths. Even the demons themselves can’t stop them. They have conquered many nations like locusts devouring the crops, Mother Ruuz is no exception but alas we were divided land at that time, full of bickering kingdoms and princes, and it didn’t took long for the Monggus to conquered the lands of Great Ruuz. We called this dark day, the Tatar Yoke. The Ruuzians feared their Monggu overlords until one king rose up to challenge them.” Akulina spoke like a storyteller as if she’s telling a tale about evil spirits. Realising her behaviour she coughed softly to compose herself before continuing, “He is one of the most famous of our princely rulers, a king more-like, is King Ivan the Stern of Moskovy~.”

She typed few buttons on her smartphone a second time, the projection changes to a sullen-looking nobleman in boyar robes and next to him is a beautiful blonde girl of teenage age.

“This gentleman is Prince Ivan the Stern and his oldest daughter Princess Vladimira at his side, one of Kyivan Ruuz greatest witch-warrior. Two are of Rurikovich bloodlines, inherited from their Kyivan Ruuz ancestors. Back then, his kingdom was one of the Ruuzian states to be spared of Monggu invasions, thanks to the shrewdness of his ancestors. However, the Kingdom of Moskovy is ruled by the Monggu-led empire called Golden Horde. King Ivan drove out the Tatars, our Monggu overlords, from our land. From then on, Prince Ivan crowned himself as the First Tsar of all Ruuzians~.”

Akulina sips her water bottle before finished her explanation.

“Although, Sechsman contemporaries portrayed his name as ‘Ivan the Terrible’, I mean terrible not in the sense of evil.” Akulina clarified, waving her hands frantically. “I-it’s from the old meaning of the word grozny, it’s meant formidable in awesome sense~. But he’s a great man who had thrown off our former Monggu overlords, kicking them off our land and united Ruuz as one nation. Isn’t history awesome~?” She beamed with enthusiasm. In truth, Akulina knew the first tsar of united Ruuz is not a saint as portrayed in his contemporaries. She’s putting up her ‘cheerful’ face and selective words in hoping that her Wolfen charges won’t be queasy by stories about one of the most notorious tsars in Ruuzian history. Let alone the first leader of Ruuz to take the title of Tsar.

Despite Ivan's sometimes bloodthirsty acts the "Terrible" in his name is not reflective of meanness or evil, but conveyed that he was "formidable." That is much of a truth, he was also outrageously wealthy and created laws that virtually enslaved the peasant class in Ruuz. He was known for acts of cruelty including the slaughter of Novgorod inhabitants and the accidental killing of his own son during an argument. Because of the outrageousness of these acts some of Ivan's accomplishments are overlooked. During his early reign he was known as a reforming leader who created a standing army and revised the law code. It was only after the death of his wife that Ivan became progressively less balanced and more ruthless.

On other hand, princess Akulina didn’t seem to realize her tour group are technically ‘pagan heathen infidels’ in the eyes of Fundamentalist Trithinism. Luckily, it is modern-day Ruuz where the locals are quite tolerant of foreigners albeit with raised eyebrows of confusion in regards to foreign cultural practises. On the other hand, they prefer outsiders especially non-Iclamians not to interfere in their affairs.

Unbeknownst to tour group of Wolfeners, there’re three people are walking towards their direction and they’re Minrozians. One is beautiful woman of blond Slavic heritage and two are East Asian Orientals.

However, these three Minrozians aren’t ordinary folks. In fact they’re members of one of the most powerful noble families in the Middle Kingdom. They’re Aleksandra Remanova, Borjigin Ling and Sanggiyanci, patriarch of the Aisin-Gioro clan and Khan of Manjuria, the North-Eastern areas of Minroz beyond the Changbai Mountains. The women accompanying him happened to be his wives. Dressed in what appears to be modern-style traditional Chinese clothing, they’re here for a holiday as well as paying visits to their Ruuzian friends. They’re apparently on their way, walking on the streets of Moskov for rendezvous.

“Been a long while we’ve seen Red Square. Nothing much has change.” Sanggiyanci mused out his thoughts.

“Getting little nostalgic, are we?” Ling chuckled. “You can be unbelievably romantic, honey.”

“Oh? All these years, this sounded strange, coming from you, Princess Ling. You wouldn’t say something that nice when we’re in highschool.” Aleksandra teased her twin-tailed counterpart.

“Aiya that was ages ago, Remanova.” The black-haired woman made a mock pout. “Come to think of it, your words sound rich, coming from a woman who used to be quite uptight about duty.” She gave out her cat-like smile to the blonde-haired woman to which Aleksandra laughed.

“Haha that was good times, we used to fight each other before we got married to the same man.” The blonde said, sounding bit nostalgic. “There’re times I missed those days. But I don’t regret marrying Sanggiyanci with you together.”

“I feel the same, sister.” Ling quipped. “It is funny though. Let’s see, a daughter of the emperor and a granddaughter of the Remanov exile, marrying the man who is a scion and heir to the noble family who used to rule the Middle Kingdom as the Jin Dynasty. I feel it’s not a common occurrence in marriages, political or otherwise.”

“I find it strange as well. But I’m also blessed with you two and we have good children together.” Sanggiyanci chuckled. “I still love you both.” The redhead man gave his wives quick peck on their cheeks to show his affection to which the women childishly giggled.

“Thank you, honey~.” Ling quipped.

“Which reminds me? Where’s the café you used to like here? Fifty years is too long to remember.” Aleksandra asked her fellow wife.

“Er…hehehe…”

“We could’ve stopped here and take a look.” Sanggiyanci suggested as he looked around the streets.

“Don’t worry honey, it’s not like I’m that fussy about-oof!“ She bumped into the Wolfen girls by mistake. Akulina and Ratmir were shocked by what happened. Startled by what she’s done, Ling is quick to apologise. Sanggiyanci and Aleksandra were shocked by what happened and were quick to rush to her side.

[“AH! I’m sorry! Are you alright, dear?”] Ling spoke in her fluent Ruuzian as she knelt down with concern. She mistook the Wolfeners for locals but she did made genuine attempt at her apology. However to the Wolfeners, her appearance reminded them of the certain Archduchess back in their fatherland. But what made her set apart from Crown Princess Eva is her East Asian ethnicity and in terms of personality, easily-approachable as if she’s giving out auras of maternal-like compassion. Giving off her warm smile, Ling tries to help some of the Wolfen girls up.

[“I apologise for earlier, I wasn’t even looking where I am.”] The twin-tailed woman chuckled.

Sanggiyanci and Aleksandra gave out apologetic bow to the Wolfeners and their tour guide handlers. [“We apologised on her behalf. Sorry about it.”] He apologised, speaking in fluent Ruuzian.

[“A-ah…it’s okay. After all, it’s a crowded street.”] Akulina replied sheepishly. However, she and Ratmir didn't seemed to recognised Aleksandra, Ling and Sanggiyanci as Minrozian nobles due to the fact that the latter three wore casual civilian clothes of the Middle Kingdom.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:36 pm

"That's hardcore," Nove went, blinking a bit at the tales, "I'm mean, I'm not surprised, but... It's in the past, so I guess things are better-"

"AHHHH!"

MInroz wrote:[“AH! I’m sorry! Are you alright, dear?”] Ling spoke in her fluent Ruuzian as she knelt down with concern. She mistook the Wolfeners for locals but she did made genuine attempt at her apology. However to the Wolfeners, her appearance reminded them of the certain Archduchess back in their fatherland. But what made her set apart from Crown Princess Eva is her East Asian ethnicity and in terms of personality, easily-approachable as if she’s giving out auras of maternal-like compassion. Giving off her warm smile, Ling tries to help some of the Wolfen girls up.

Jolting at the sudden scream, Nove turned as she saw Vivio rubbing her nose, having bumped into the tourists by accident. But it was not the bump that made her yelp. Hardly that. It was Ling, and for good reason.

"Forgive me, Your Excellency," pleaded Lio in panic, as the girls, save Nove and Einhart, got on their knees to kowtow, "I didn't see you there! You should have told us you were coming! We didn't know-"

"Girls, that's not Eva," Einhart finally interrupted.

"Wait, sorry," questioned Vivio, looking a bit baffled as the other two.

"That's not Archduchess Eva," Einhart repeated, "look carefully. She's somewhat younger than the Archduchess."

MInroz wrote:[“I apologise for earlier, I wasn’t even looking where I am.”] The twin-tailed woman chuckled.

Sanggiyanci and Aleksandra gave out apologetic bow to the Wolfeners and their tour guide handlers. [“We apologised on her behalf. Sorry about it.”] He apologised, speaking in fluent Ruuzian.

[“A-ah…it’s okay. After all, it’s a crowded street.”] Akulina replied sheepishly. However, she and Ratmir didn't seemed to recognised Aleksandra, Ling and Sanggiyanci as Minrozian nobles due to the fact that the latter three wore casual civilian clothes of the Middle Kingdom.

Approaching the trio, Nove waved off, "relax, it's fine. My little shrimps are just too immersed in the scenery. You on holiday too, Ms... uhh..."

Nove could only wonder if she was seeing a pattern...
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

Minroz
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:31 am

The three Minrozians blinked their eyes into confusion. It took one second for them to recognized the Wolfeners aren’t local Ruuzians, it helps when one of the Wolfen girls speak in Enlgish. However on other hand, the three almost mistook these girls for someone else they knew. It turns out the Wolfeners in front of their eyes reminded them of people back home. The Wolfeners speaking in their native tongue among themselves have confirmed that they’re mistaken.

“Oh, my name is Ling. Please to meet you.” Ling smiled in response to Nove. “These two are my best friend Aleksandra and my husband, Sanggiyanci.”

“Hello there, young misses.” Aleksandra greeted.

“It’s an honour, miladies.” Sanggiyanci greeted as well. “Still, I do apologise on my wife’s behalf. Haha~.”

The blonde White Minrozian stared at the Wolfen kids as if she knew someone from somewhere. She then remaked in Minrozian (Chinese) of North-Eastern dialect, [“Feels little déjà vu, Ling. They looked like our friends’ children, one looked like Liliya and one looked like Bayad’s little girl. I find it strange you’ve bumped into strangers like that, Borjigin.”]

[“Don’t be silly, like you’re one to talk.”] Ling rebuked her fellow co-wife in playful manner. Looking back at the Wolfen girls for a moment, she then make a remark, [“Though, you do have a point.”]

“Say, would you all happened to be tourists?” Sanggiyanci asked the Wolfeners, “We are tourists as well in a way. We’re from Minroz. If you don’t mind me asking, what country are you from, Sechsmany?”

The Manju khan thought the Wolfeners are Sechsman at first. The nation of Sechsmany is known in Iclamia for being bilingual in English and German complimentary. To be fair, Sanggiyanci has never travelled outside of Iclamia much as the royal family.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:56 pm

MInroz wrote:The three Minrozians blinked their eyes into confusion. It took one second for them to recognized the Wolfeners aren’t local Ruuzians, it helps when one of the Wolfen girls speak in Enlgish. However on other hand, the three almost mistook these girls for someone else they knew. It turns out the Wolfeners in front of their eyes reminded them of people back home. The Wolfeners speaking in their native tongue among themselves have confirmed that they’re mistaken.

“Oh, my name is Ling. Please to meet you.” Ling smiled in response to Nove. “These two are my best friend Aleksandra and my husband, Sanggiyanci.”

“Hello there, young misses.” Aleksandra greeted.

“It’s an honour, miladies.” Sanggiyanci greeted as well. “Still, I do apologise on my wife’s behalf. Haha~.”

The blonde White Minrozian stared at the Wolfen kids as if she knew someone from somewhere. She then remaked in Minrozian (Chinese) of North-Eastern dialect, [“Feels little déjà vu, Ling. They looked like our friends’ children, one looked like Liliya and one looked like Bayad’s little girl. I find it strange you’ve bumped into strangers like that, Borjigin.”]

[“Don’t be silly, like you’re one to talk.”] Ling rebuked her fellow co-wife in playful manner. Looking back at the Wolfen girls for a moment, she then make a remark, [“Though, you do have a point.”]

“Say, would you all happened to be tourists?” Sanggiyanci asked the Wolfeners, “We are tourists as well in a way. We’re from Minroz. If you don’t mind me asking, what country are you from, Sechsmany?”

The Manju khan thought the Wolfeners are Sechsman at first. The nation of Sechsmany is known in Iclamia for being bilingual in English and German complimentary. To be fair, Sanggiyanci has never travelled outside of Iclamia much as the royal family.

"Oh, that explains," blurted Nove, "it's fine~. I'm Nove, and these are my wards, Vivio, Corona, Lio and Einhart. We're from Wolfenium. Only just came here on holiday. Pleased to meet you~."

To say she was creeped out was an understatement. This was already the second time they had bumped into a doppelganger. First, the 'Yuuno', now the 'Eva'? Who next?

"You three on holiday too," she asked, peering at the trio. It seemed obvious, by her own admittance, but she dared not assume, at this point.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates

Minroz
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:51 am

“Ah yes, we are.” Sanggiyanci answered with his friendly smile. “My name is Sanggiyanci, Miss Nove. Pleased to meet you too. These lovely women are my wives - Aleksandra and Ling. We’re from Minroz.”

Note that polygamy is legal in Minroz, up to the limit of four wives. While polygamy is widespread in the eastern world of Iclamia, this doesn’t mean not everyone is accepting of polygamy and sees it as unfair institution. On other hand, there’s a growing reduction of polygamous marriages due to increased civil rights for women and education. However, the wealthy and upper-middle-class families of most eastern nation tend to be polygamist. In Ruuz, polygamy is legal for its Muslim minorities. Akulina noticed some awkward atmosphere growing in her Wolfen charges; she’s quick to whisper her voice in Nove’s ear despite her diminutive height.

“In Minroz, polygamy is legal. That’s why he has two wives.” Akulina whispered.

“Greetings, friends.” Aleksandra greeted with her confident smile at the same time motherly.

“Aha, I do greatly apologise for bumping into you, little ones.” Ling bowed her head and gave her apologetic smile. “I didn’t see where I was going, ahaha~.”

“Well, the Red Square can get crowded at times. Who can blame you for this wonderful time of the day?” Ratmir remarked.

“It sure is.” Sanggiyanci piped up in agreement.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:50 am

MInroz wrote:“Ah yes, we are.” Sanggiyanci answered with his friendly smile. “My name is Sanggiyanci, Miss Nove. Pleased to meet you too. These lovely women are my wives - Aleksandra and Ling. We’re from Minroz.”

Note that polygamy is legal in Minroz, up to the limit of four wives. While polygamy is widespread in the eastern world of Iclamia, this doesn’t mean not everyone is accepting of polygamy and sees it as unfair institution. On other hand, there’s a growing reduction of polygamous marriages due to increased civil rights for women and education. However, the wealthy and upper-middle-class families of most eastern nation tend to be polygamist. In Ruuz, polygamy is legal for its Muslim minorities. Akulina noticed some awkward atmosphere growing in her Wolfen charges; she’s quick to whisper her voice in Nove’s ear despite her diminutive height.

“In Minroz, polygamy is legal. That’s why he has two wives.” Akulina whispered.

“Greetings, friends.” Aleksandra greeted with her confident smile at the same time motherly.

“Aha, I do greatly apologise for bumping into you, little ones.” Ling bowed her head and gave her apologetic smile. “I didn’t see where I was going, ahaha~.”

“Well, the Red Square can get crowded at times. Who can blame you for this wonderful time of the day?” Ratmir remarked.

“It sure is.” Sanggiyanci piped up in agreement.

"I'm trying to be polite," Nove whispered back to Akulina with gritted teeth, a bit miffed at the inconvenient tidbit as she tried to keep her smile on, "I'd much rather not ask."

Clearing her throat, she spoke to the trio, "again, it's fine. Such a lovely family you have there. Uh, I think I'll see you then?"

"We're leaving already," Vivio asked, "would be nice to have a conversation."

"Don't pester them, Vivio," whispered Nove, "wouldn't be nice to bother the couple-I mean, threesome-I mean, family, yes."

Minroz
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:52 pm

The Aisin-Gioros don’t seem to mind, considering the situation of being a polygamous couple. They had fair shares of getting awkwardness outside of Minroz several times. It doesn’t stop them from being kind to others.

“It’s alright, dear.” Ling replied to Nove, waving her hand away as if to ease worries. “It’s not unusual for people to find each other’s cultures being strange and awkward. I’ve travelled a lot to know, no worries. Oh, I can’t helped myself thinking these children reminded of my own when they’re little. They’re now grown into responsible people~.”

“You have a good trip in Ruuz, little ones. We hope you have interesting journey on your way. May the Heavens keep your safe.” Aleksandra spoke to the Wolfen girls with the smile.

“Be good girls and don’t get lost.” Sanggiyanci gave them his encouraging smile.

“Hmm, have I seen you before, dear?” Ling asked Akulina to which the latter began sweating like bullets. The Ruuzian princess felt like her cover is going to get blown. Akulina remembered and she had met the trio before. She realized the three are high-ranking nobles in Minroz and Ling happened to be the aunt of Guangxu Emperor and Regent Princess Ai. Out of panic, the blonde have decided on her hasty decision. She gave a look at Ratmir to which he immediately gets the cue.

“Oh~! We got to go, we haven’t done exploring, nice meeting you good sir and madams~. Bye~!” Akulina speak quickly as she and Ratmir pushed the Wolfeners towards their next destination.

“Have a nice trip, good sir and ma’ams~!” Ratmir called out.

The trio couldn’t help themselves but stared dumbfounded at what happened.

“…Huh.” Sanggiyanci could only say while his wives looked on in silence.

The said tour group are outside the entrance of the Imperial Kremlin complex, right in front of the royal pavilion. Albeit the fact that Wolfeners were dragged away by their Ruuzian guides in order to avoid having their true identities being found out. Nevertheless, Akulina resumed her role as a tour guide.

“This here is the entrance to the Imperial Kremlin,” The Ruuzian princess cheerfully explained, “The Kremlin is the beating heart of Moskov and the Ruuzian government. It was originally a fort complex in 10th century Moskov, it was a wooden structure made of oak wood. The Ruuzian word, kremlin, it means fortress and it is considered to be a largest fortress in Yuropa in its own time and includes five palaces and four cathedrals. In year 1827, the kremlin became the headquarters of the Ruuzian government and the complex also serves as the official residence of the Chancellor of the Ruuzian Empire. The position of chancellor is second-in-authority to the Tsar of Ruuz himself. Nevertheless, the Kremlin is used to represent His Imperial Majesty’s government of the Great Ruuzian Empire.”

Even though she’s a royalty herself, she understood little about actual governance and Akulina has to resort to memorization of what she learnt in school and her tutors.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:23 pm

"Huh? Ei, oi!"

The sudden roughhousing by their guide was a nasty surprise for Nove and the girls. Hauled away in a flurry, they had no idea what drove Akulina in such a frantic state. That the royals mentioned that she looked familiar was also suspicious. They could not help but wonder if she was embarrassed to be an acquaintance of friends in high places.

"What was that about, getting into a huff all of a sudden," Rio smarted.

"Maybe she's afraid we might get envious," whispered Corona.

"I don't think there's much to envy about," Vivio admitted, "it's not like we don't speak to the royals either."

"There's a distinct difference between knowing the royals and being friends with them, Vivio," Einhart corrected, "connections with those in the upper strata offer benefits. It's been this way since the first days of mankind. And who are you to talk about status?"

"There you go again," Vivio went, "I'm not the Saint Queen..."

"I never said anything," Einhart stated flatly, causing the blonde to get into a huff.

"Oi, pipe down," Nove told them off, "we're here on holiday. Show some courtesy to the guide."

Despite her words, however, Nove herself was skeptical of Akulina's odd behaviour. She was clearly hiding something. The problem was... what?

"So you're saying the Tsar still holds political power," Nove asked the guide, trying to focus on the trip, "sounds interesting. But isn't it a bit dangerous to leave power to a hereditary title? There're no safeguards against bad leadership in an autocracy. One cannot simply vote off incompetence or worse."

Minroz
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:05 am

Taken aback by Nove’s question, Akulina didn’t expect it. To her honesty, she never thought much about the implications behind the Wolfener’s question. The Ruuzian princess was raised to believe in the mostly positive sides of Tsarist rule of Mother Ruuz. She was a good student, academically-speaking. In experience of reality, Akulina was not.

“Err…” It’s what she can reply, unsure of herself. Ratmir behind was quiet. It was a fairly difficult question for the girl who is used to benign versions of autocracy. Tsars in Ruuzian history, ranges from bloody tyrants to benevolent rulers yet many of them are responsible for the creation of Ruuz as a great power on the world stage. Nonetheless, Akulina have eventually understood Nove’s point.

“I-I understand what you mean, Miss Nove.” Akulina finally replied before moving on to her admittance, “It is true there’re a lot of downsides to autocracy. Theoretically, we do believe God gave our ruler a divine right to rule over lands for the tsar is appointed as his agent on Earth and thus every order from the Tsar must be obeyed. However, during the Times of Trouble, we have lots of succession wars over the throne. It was until the Remanov dynasty came to power after one election by the nobles. It was the time of absolute monarchy with blessings of God Almighty. Albeit, we have events that are…excessive, so to speak.” That was Akulina’s way of admitting the tsarist system have their problems, according to her learning of history. She continues, “It was like that until certain events like democracy and parliaments entered the sphere of Ruuzian politics. However, the Remanov tsars are quite opposed to it because they though democracy contradicts the way of how the Tsar rules the motherland and go even to say ‘going up against the tsar is like going up against god’. However, it doesn’t last. In the end, we finally had the constitutional government and functioning parliament under the Kurakov Dynasty and ensure the motherland becoming a prosperous and powerful land.”

Her voice beams at her family name with pride. But to the Wolfeners, it is little odd why their tour guide sounded a little proud of the current ruling family of Ruuz. Apparently, the Kurakovs acquired the throne through granting by their Qing Minrozian overlords who wanted someone more pliable and at least likely to make trouble for them. As time passes, the Kurakov tactfully brought independence to their motherland without waging a revolution, only a pen and paper with newfound agreements with the Qing Court and held as equal standings with the Middle Kingdom.

Little did the tour group realises, there was some people are approaching in their direction.

What the Wolfeners little know, there’re a group of people who’re locals are walking towards their direction. Actually, they want to get inside the Royal Kremlin.

[“Honey, you’re seriously taking this route?”] The redhead woman asked a young lad who seemed shorter and younger than her.

[“I’m positive, my love. No one notices we’re taking this door.”] He replied with a positive smile.

However, the lad in question is the younger brother of the Tsar, Prince Radomir. And the woman walking next to him is his wife, Selena Fyodorova. The two are happy couple. Unfortunately for Akulina who wants to keep her disguises, Radomir and Selena knew Akulina very well. It didn’t helped the two were once her babysitter in her early childhood.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:31 pm

"Ah..." Nove went, a bit baffled by her glowing speech, "you must love this place a lot, don't you?"

Something about Akulina was starting to make Nove suspicious. While Nove was already quite familiar with paranoia, there appeared to be more about their guide than what she was accustomed with. Government agent did not appear to explain it. She was a tad too patriotic to be that. Rather, she seemed a bit too familiar with the Kurakovs than she let on. But again, Nove restrained her tongue, not wanting to probe into what was clearly private matters.

"Oh, sorry," she said, pulling the kids aside to make way for a furtive-looking couple. None of them were familiar with the royals, failing to recognize the duo off the bat. Akulina, however... might.

Minroz
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:56 am

It is anti-climactic twist that the Ruuzian royals crossed paths.

“Oh, spasiba~.” Selena thanked the Wolfeners on her way. While Radomir gave out his polite bow as a way of thanking them, he and Selena made their way.

Akulina continues, “And now…we-” She got interrupted by someone she knew.

[“Akulina…is that you?”] Selena exclaimed in Ruuzian upon seeing the blonde girl.

“Hm?” Radomir hums, turning his attention. Looking wide-eyed, he recognised Akulina.

[“Eeep!”] Akulina gasped in shock and fear. Giving a side glance with her bodyguard, the Eurasian lad made a quick nod and went behind the Wolfeners, together with the Ruuzian princess. Akulina and Ratmir pushed their Wolfener charges towards their next location.

"NOW! WEGOTOOURNEXTSPOT!!" The blonde girl spoke in the hurry while pushing.

Selena and Radomir were left befuddled in confusion.

“Bozhe moi…” They could only utters in surprise.

Moments later…

They’re moved in front at Moskov Upper Trading Complex, one of the country’s ancient department stores. Known in Ruuzian as Verkhniy Torgovyy Kompleks or VTK, it is a large store facing the Red Square in Kitaigorod Street. It was traditionally a centre of trade in Moskov.

As one local blogger puts it, ‘VTK is not just a store where you can buy almost everything. It is a shopping block where there is a pharmacy, bank branch, and flower shop. It is a monument of architecture. It is a comfortable lounge area with restaurants and cafes. It is an art gallery and venue for cultural events. It is an integral part of Russian history. It is a symbol of Moskov and it is the closest place to the Kremlin, where you can feel yourself in Yuropa.’

“This here is one of the historical heritages in Moskov. It is also over 200 years old, believe it or not~.” Akulina chirped as she explained. “The architecture you see here is a combination of elements of Ruuzian architecture and a steel framework and a glass roof~. It was first commissioned by Tsarina Catherine the Great to design a huge trade centre along the east side of the Red Square.”

“That’s not all. The best part is…shopping is fun, right~!?” She quipped.

Ratmir chuckles light-heartedly. He can see Akulina acting like an average girl even though she has a habit of spending just like any excitable girls of her supposed age.
Last edited by Minroz on Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:15 pm

"Ummm yea..." Vivio blurted awkwardly, "fun..."

Wandering around the mall, the girls were starting to feel a bit awkward around Akulina. After two panicked retreats, the girls were starting to wonder if her alias was a lot more than she had let on. Granted, they already knew she was hiding something. They just did not care too much about it initially. Now, it was starting to affect their trip badly, and it was showing on Nove's face.

"Ms Akulina," Nove blurted in an apprehensive, somewhat apologetic voice, "I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm starting to feel like you're hiding something big from us. I really don't want to probe, but this is the second time we've had to evacuate from a premise because you happen to, umm... know certain people that you don't want to acknowledge in our presence. I really don't want to probe, and we'll keep quiet regardless, but it would really help if you tell us more about yourself, and you know... not run every time you come across familiar characters? It's a bit exhausting, actually."

Nove was clearly reluctant to probe, but she did not want Akulina's secrets to start affecting her job. If anything, she hoped she would come clean with them, at least. That way, she hoped the Ruuzian would be less inclined to hide when someone else from her life showed up.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates