NATION

PASSWORD

Saigon Summit (Invite Only, IC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:24 pm

United Democratic Christian States wrote:"I will accept a CSN monitored election.

In fact the only reason I didn't propose because I feared you would accuse the CSN of being a European puppet like you have claimed in the past."

Higashi, who'd been quiet so far on the island issue, spoke up.

"The CSN is far from an objective party. There is no complete objectivity in these matters. I propose, instead of the CSN alone monitoring the elections, that the CSN and as many other countries as possible send monitors, to ensure multiple perspectives."
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:10 pm

President Castillo was nodding, in affirmation of Higashi’s remarks.

“My friend has truth in his words. I will allow inspectors from Puertollano and the FSR to ensure there will not be any vote-tampering by the European CSN.”
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

United Democratic Christian States
Minister

Founded: Sep 29, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:13 am

"If the FSR and Puertollano is allowed. I propose we allow the GU and Second Italian Republic as well.

Europe doesn't want South American influence just as much if not more than South America doesn't want European influence"
Call me Greg (my IRL name) or UDCS. Whichever works best for you.

"[28] He said to them: 'You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.' "
-Acts 10:28

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:23 am

United Democratic Christian States wrote:"If the FSR and Puertollano is allowed. I propose we allow the GU and Second Italian Republic as well.

Europe doesn't want South American influence just as much if not more than South America doesn't want European influence"

Castillo responded.

"I'm not sure how I feel having German agents of subversion a few kilometres off the shores of Puertollano. The CSN is already your lackey, you do not need any more people."
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:50 am

Puertollano wrote:
United Democratic Christian States wrote:"If the FSR and Puertollano is allowed. I propose we allow the GU and Second Italian Republic as well.

Castillo responded.

"I'm not sure how I feel having German agents of subversion a few kilometres off the shores of Puertollano. The CSN is already your lackey, you do not need any more people."
"So then you understand my concerns with South American Agents of subversion on the actual islands to my knowledge are still my people."

"[28] He said to them: 'You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.' "

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:29 am

United Democratic Christian States wrote:
Puertollano wrote:
Castillo responded.

"So then you understand my concerns with South American Agents of subversion on the actual islands to my knowledge are still my people."

"No, no. You do not 'own' people nowadays. I'm sorry to break it to you; but they're their own people. We have legitimate security concerns about German or Italian agents spreading discord and discontent on the islands when it is not needed."
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:01 am

Puertollano wrote:
United Democratic Christian States wrote:"So then you understand my concerns with South American Agents of subversion on the actual islands to my knowledge are still my people."

"No, no. You do not 'own' people nowadays. I'm sorry to break it to you; but they're their own people. We have legitimate security concerns about German or Italian agents spreading discord and discontent on the islands when it is not needed."

"These are part of the people that elected me. I believe I have a right to say in some way I lead them.

And just like you have concerns about German and Italian agents. WE have concerns about Puertollano and FSR agents."

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:30 am

Puertollano wrote:

"These are part of the people that elected me. I believe I have a right to say in some way I lead them.

And just like you have concerns about German and Italian agents. WE have concerns about Puertollano and FSR agents."

"Mr. Castillo's offer is exceedingly fair, given the situation. I advise you accept it, and avoid making an incident over the elections."
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:26 pm

Orostan wrote:
United Democratic Christian States wrote:"These are part of the people that elected me. I believe I have a right to say in some way I lead them.

"Mr. Castillo's offer is exceedingly fair, given the situation. I advise you accept it, and avoid making an incident over the elections."

"Fair isn't subjective my good sir.

Something is either fair or not.

This is not fair as it could allow South American influence in the referendum. Europe does not want any of the sort. We should either allow additional committees from both sides or neither sides."

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:47 pm

Orostan wrote:

"Fair isn't subjective my good sir.

This is not fair as it could allow South American influence in the referendum. Europe does not want any of the sort. We should either allow additional committees from both sides or neither sides."

”You are incorrect. Fair is relative to the circumstances. Your view of this is incredibly idealistic, and any body sent to observe the elections will be biased, including the CSN.”

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:17 pm

Orostan wrote:
United Democratic Christian States wrote:"Fair isn't subjective my good sir.

”You are incorrect. Fair is relative to the circumstances. Your view of this is incredibly idealistic, and any body sent to observe the elections will be biased, including the CSN.”

"So then why dont we allow both parties to sejd representivies to ensure the other side doesnt tamper with the refrendum?"

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:40 pm

Orostan wrote:”You are incorrect. Fair is relative to the circumstances. Your view of this is incredibly idealistic, and any body sent to observe the elections will be biased, including the CSN.”

"So then why dont we allow both parties to sejd representivies to ensure the other side doesnt tamper with the refrendum?"

"That is exactly what I suggested, and Mr. Castillo has announced his support for. Just a little while ago he stated his willingness to tolerate CSN inspectors at the elections so long as Federation and Puertollan inspectors are allowed as well."

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:23 pm

"That's only one side however, the CSN is still independent and neutral."

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:40 pm

United Democratic Christian States wrote:"That's only one side however, the CSN is still independent and neutral."

"The CSN is far from independent and neutral. You and your Imperialist friends hold a super majority in it, and dictate CSN policy. The only reason my country remains in this organization is because if we did not, you would have invaded us a long time ago."

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Zackaroth
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 28, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Zackaroth » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:22 pm

Puertollano wrote:
Zackaroth wrote:

Akram seemed to lean on his cane for a moment, in thought. "I would not worry about Germany too much. They speak very loudly very often but rarely does anything come of it. I do detest countries expanding into other areas unless the people of the area support it. Without unnecessary influence of course. If the people support you and wish you contiue leading, and you seem like a fine leader, then any attempt to unjustifiably conquer your islands will be met with commendation from Zackaroth. Our opinion on Germany is already low. Many of my people believe they hang out to France as a parasite, sucking up whatever they can. Their recent crimes in Nigeria did also not help"

Akram turned and nodded to King Yi Kwon. " Hello King Yi Won, it is a pleasure to finally meet you"

Medina nodded as the High Leader spoke, to sort of affirm what he was saying.

“I agree. Really, Europe isn’t a friend on the international south, that’s why I believe we can find strength in ourselves to create our own paths in the future, paths not dictated by places like Germany or Italy. Zackaroth has been an important member in the community of the independent-minded countries, that’s why I respect you and your nation. While I’m here, I was thinking as to whether Zackaroth could secure any investments with the Federation? We’re in need for re-construction, and any amount would help.”

"We will talk more of this later. I'm sure we can come to a deal similar to the one we have made with Puertoallno. We can invest in your country, even build operations but hire the local populace to encourage local economic growth as well and give people who may not have a job a way to feed and support themselves" Akram said before sitting down at the table and listening to the debate.

"As shocking as it is, I do with agree somewhat with the FSR. The CSN in the past has been used as a weapon against other nations. Though I disagree this is a purely European thing. If South America, Asia or even the Middle East held a superiority it would be used as a blunt mace to try and force agendas. However I believe the Puertollano solution is the best one. Observers from all three countries and perhaps a 4th from the NAF itself as a neutral referee to over see the elections. Zackaroth itself would volunteer to be the neutral observer but our friendly relations with Puertollano, our chilly relations with Germany and I don't have to mention our status with the FSR, would preclude us from doing so"

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:27 pm

For a small moment Higashi appears shocked that the Zackrothians would say something even mildly supportive of the FSR, but only for a small moment.

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:09 pm

"As much as I'd like to have German inspectors touring the ABC Islands, they are an imminent risk for nation security. You can blame your leader for this, publicly threatening the independence of the Federation of Nativist Islands. Perhaps if these German or Italian citizens are screened thoroughly, we may allow them to participate, but I want them out of the country a minute after the counting stops."
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

The Underground Movement Union
Senator

Founded: Mar 07, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Underground Movement Union » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:05 am

"I would like to clarify that the NAF holds no bias for or against the resolution that the ABC islands should be returned to Germany or whether they should remain entirely independent, we merely want to resolve this crisis both without bloodshed but also want to resolve this crisis with the consent of the people that it's directly affecting."
Last edited by The Underground Movement Union on Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:15 pm

"The GU would be more than open to our moniters being screened.

We have no interest in causing disruption to the Democratic process."

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:59 pm

"Should this conversation continue, or shall we move on to other matters?"

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:01 pm

"We can move on, what else is there to talk about?"
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:13 am

"Perhaps Mr Higashi of the FSR's pledge to regain nuclear weapon capabilities and recent 'Unusual activity at Atomic Complex'?"
Last edited by New Metropolitan France on Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:08 am

"I don't think it's our duty to speculate on the internal matters of the FSR," Castillo responded.
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:16 am

"In other areas of policy, I would agree. However your own nation, albeit in different times, was the one to impose the nuclear weapon limits. Surely you'd be open to at least hearing the FSR's response to this discussion?"

He turned to look expectantly at the reaction of the FSR delegation.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:20 am

New Metropolitan France wrote:"In other areas of policy, I would agree. However your own nation, albeit in different times, was the one to impose the nuclear weapon limits. Surely you'd be open to at least hearing the FSR's response to this discussion?"

He turned to look expectantly at the reaction of the FSR delegation.

"That is true, I will let my friend speak on his own behalf."
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates