NATION

PASSWORD

First Osean Conference (TNP nations only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Puczovska
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Puczovska » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:57 pm

The Puczovskans turn to the First Secretary with haste and pay attention. They place earpieces in their ears to listen to the Puczovsk translations of what is debated here. Bottles of strong, northern Puczovskan vodka are placed with care besides their seats to avoid distraction that inevitably comes with handling them and respiring their vapour.
[ (★) ]
( ^∀^)

German Holy Roman Empire
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby German Holy Roman Empire » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:22 pm

German Diplomats arrive at the Osean Congress. As they enter news media begins asking them questions about the conference however they ignored them all. Under direct orders from the Emperor they are to only focus on the meeting and not to answer any questions about the Confrence until after it ends. They take their seats at their designated spots and watch as the other delegations arrive.
Last edited by German Holy Roman Empire on Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Radicaster
Attaché

Founded: Apr 04, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Radicaster » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:23 pm

OOC: The Minister of Defense’s name is technically lorebreak but I forgot his name so...
IC: The Radicastrian delegation had just arrived at the Osean Conference. Minister of Defense Harshal Hartmut and his guards walked down the path to the meeting. Harshal was thinking in his mind “Hmm... what I expected. Typical Chinese architecture, huh.”
As Harshal arrived to take his seat, he wondered about what the subject would be.

Spiritual Lyrical Individual Miracles
Secretary

Founded: Apr 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Spiritual Lyrical Individual Miracles » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:09 pm

A hologram emitter carried by armored soldiers begins projecting General Secretary Kang, ready to party.

Hong Kong Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hong Kong Empire » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:10 pm

The First Secretary quickly organized a few papers on the rostrum and began to speak.

"Welcome to the First International Osean Conference. As you know, we have no less than three crises in the past month. This level is unacceptable. It endangers trade, deflates the economies of Osean nations, endangers millions of Oseans and encourages divisive behavior and factionalism. Therefore, the aim of this conference is to set a stable foundation and framework that will serve to unite Osean nations and introduce some form of stability."

At this point, he let out a small cough.

He continued:

"But first, I will inform you how this conference works. You may respond to any currently ongoing topic freely, however, to introduce a new topic, press the third icon to the left on the screen of your desk. It will alert everybody that you wish to change the topic. To send a private message to another delegation member, press the icon with the image of a piece of blank paper, then type your message and who you want it sent to in the appropriate boxes. Earphones are provided to you that will instantly translate the language that is spoken to your native language. The language that they will translate to has been preset according to where you are sitting, so it would be useless to exchange earphones with someone not of your own delegation. And now, after this brief introduction, let us begin. Which delegation wishes to present the first topic? If no-one wishes to, then I shall pick the topic of health, specifically the recent CD-1 outbreak in Lorigia."
The Celestial Empire of China

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Spiritual Lyrical Individual Miracles » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:28 pm

Hong Kong Empire wrote:The First Secretary quickly organized a few papers on the rostrum and began to speak.

"Welcome to the First International Osean Conference. As you know, we have no less than three crises in the past month. This level is unacceptable. It endangers trade, deflates the economies of Osean nations, endangers millions of Oseans and encourages divisive behavior and factionalism. Therefore, the aim of this conference is to set a stable foundation and framework that will serve to unite Osean nations and introduce some form of stability."

He continued:

"But first, I will inform you how this conference works. You may respond to any currently ongoing topic freely, however, to introduce a new topic, press the third icon to the left on the screen of your desk. It will alert everybody that you wish to change the topic. To send a private message to another delegation member, press the icon with the image of a piece of blank paper, then type your message and who you want it sent to in the appropriate boxes. Earphones are provided to you that will instantly translate the language that is spoken to your native language. The language that they will translate to has been preset according to where you are sitting, so it would be useless to exchange earphones with someone not of your own delegation. And now, after this brief introduction, let us begin. Which delegation wishes to present the first topic? If no-one wishes to, then I shall pick the topic of health, specifically the recent CD-1 outbreak in Lorigia."

Crisp and impeccable in his greatcoat, Kang's blue hologram shimmered as he began moving around within the emitter's range.

"Ah yes, the CD-1 crisis. Though the Free Land was totally untouched by the disease, it has come to my attention on how primitive and barbaric our plague control methods really are.

"While it's fun to watch the hologuards vaporize people fleeing for our borders, firebombing infected cities and exterminating transmitters of disease, we do recognize how unrefined our methods seem in comparison to the more expansive biohazard units in Osea.

"I can't front: Explosives and disintegrations can't cure sicknesses. So to safeguard our health, I have established an international order of wandering medics. Their name is the Followers of the Apocalypse. Directly supplied by my country, they have access to our advanced biotechnology and vaults of great knowledge, used for the betterment of the whole continent. They are dedicated to healing the sick and educating the unenlightened."

Itallitopia
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Itallitopia » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:45 pm

Puczovska wrote:*bunch of Verusans enter*

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG NOW THAT WE’RE HERE

German Holy Roman Empire
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby German Holy Roman Empire » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:47 pm

Hong Kong Empire wrote:The First Secretary quickly organized a few papers on the rostrum and began to speak.

He continued:

The German Diplomat, Ryan Xäcken, stands and begins to speak.

“The German Holy Roman Empire saw the CD-1 outbreak as a possible threat to the interests of not only us but for all Osean Nations. This is not the first time that the virus has broken out either as just last year another outbreak caused the collaspe of the Anglosphere-Saxon Commonwealh before foreign forces came to reunify the nation. The Empire believes that we need to invest in better health precautions across the continent and for better preventive care be provided amongst all nations. While the disease has a cure this cure is almost useless without precautions to limit infection rates across all nations in Osea. This also means for better healthcare across the Osean Continent and for programs to be set up that help out poorer nations set up these programs.”

Ryan sits down, satisfied with his small speech

Edwerlantin
Secretary

Founded: Sep 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Edwerlantin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:21 pm

Yukari Suzuki. A college student, avid scientist and heir to the Edwerlantian throne. You would expect regality to fly off of her in swathes, but not today. She was sent to Hong Kong Empire, as a representative of Edwerlantin and Sekien Suzuki himself, but failed terribly.

"Your Excellency, the plane shall be landing soon. You should be moving towards the front of the aircraft to exit the plane." Yukari was too busy shivering in her seat from pure fright to even comprehend what the stewardess was saying. "I'm going to a meeting. That's all. The only difference is that there are hundreds of people instead of one. It's fine! Don't lose it!" she chanted to herself repeatedly. The stewardess was dumbfounded and walked away with a blank expression on her face. Yukari then sprung into action once the landing gear hit the runway. She dashed madly to the exit of the plane, nearly tripping on her own dress. The stewardess took notice of Yukari's actions, motioning her to stop while yelling "Your Excellency! You shouldn't-" Yukari quickly cut her off, half-yelling "I don't have the time! I need to go! I'm late!" She made her way down the steps as quickly as possible and through the gates. "Oh no, no no! I'm going to be late, I'm going to make a fool of my country and my father! This is bad!" She mentally screamed.

She made her way to the Senate building at lightning speed, only to be exposed to a ridiculous amount of steps. "You have to be joking with me! How many steps are here!? This is easily more than 1000!" She sighed, but she'd have to traverse the steps to do anything. She tensed her leg muscles and ran up the steps as quickly as she could. She started sweating at 251 steps, making labored pants at 547 and was essentially crawling on all fours by the end of all the torture. She placed a hand on the last step to the house, which gave her great joy. She moved her already debilitated legs to get to the legislative room. She placed a hand on the wall and breathed heavily, after all that trauma with the steps. "Never again shall I climb those dreaded steps..." She whispered to herself. Then, she heard a faint voice coming from the door next to her. She placed her ear next to the door and listened to what they had to say.

"-phones are provided to you that will instantly translate the language that is spoken to your native language. The language that they will translate to has been preset according to where you are sitting, so it would be useless to exchange earphones with someone not of your own delegation. And now, after this brief introduction, let us begin. Which delegation wishes to present the first topic? If no-one wishes to, then I shall pick the topic of health, specifically the recent CD-1 outbreak in Lorigia."

Yukari gasped heavily as she understood exactly what was going to happen. The door was ajar, and she leaned into the door too much, forcing it open. She fell forward, behind every delegate. She half expected them to turn around, but none of them did. She was thankful that nobody saw that embarrassment of an entrance, but was still confused. She quickly got up, and waved to the faint voice who just happened to be the First Secretary. She gulped loudly once she noticed who it was. "Hello. Sorry I'm late." She said with a sheepish grin.
Signed,
Autumn Rivers, The Empress of the Imperium

Hong Kong Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hong Kong Empire » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:24 pm

"I heavily approve of your actions, Secretary Kang. Perhaps we will be able to offer our surgical expertise to your organization. Our Beijing University is one of the leading surgical institutions in the world due to their extensive practice on criminals. And as to your programs, perhaps you may care to set one up with the Osean League, Ambassador Xäcken-"

He broke off at hearing a loud creak and turned to see the delegate from Edwerlantin picking herself off the floor.

Noticing that she was panting heavily, he said

"Welcome. You are seated third from the center on the left side of row 12. And as for the steps since there is no elevator, you might consider hiring a sedan chair. They are quite common here."

German Holy Roman Empire
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby German Holy Roman Empire » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:38 pm

Hong Kong Empire wrote:"I heavily approve of your actions, Secretary Kang. Perhaps we will be able to offer our surgical expertise to your organization. Our Beijing University is one of the leading surgical institutions in the world due to their extensive practice on criminals. And as to your programs, perhaps you may care to set one up with the Osean League, Ambassador Xäcken-"

He broke off at hearing a loud creak and turned to see the delegate from Edwerlantin picking herself off the floor.

Noticing that she was panting heavily, he said

"Welcome. You are seated third from the center on the left side of row 12. And as for the steps since there is no elevator, you might consider hiring a sedan chair. They are quite common here."

Xäcken nods his head in approval

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:44 pm

”Goddamn that son of a bitch Johnson! Can’t he tell me about anything before we do it?” Victoria Satsuki checked her watch. It was enough trouble that she had to fly 7 hours towards some eastern continent she’d never interacted with. That was always annoying, especially the ‘jet lag’ that followed her behind. ”Ah, I’m so tired. How am I going to function on the world stage?” Johnson had never told her about this meeting, right up until the date it arrived. She remembered his words, the tips of her fingers gripping the armrest on the flight’s chair as she underwent recollection. He’d forced her to arise at 8:30 in the morning, with his inane “Rise up and shine!” statements. He’d then put her straight on a blue-tinted aircraft all the way to some foreign land. Fine, she said. Fine. ”That’s just great.” She released her clench on the armrest, her arm’s muscles loosening. The pilot droned in a sullen, quiet tone. “Werr going ta laaanndddd iiiinnnn fffiiiivvveee minnnuuuttees…” She tuned out, her mind blocking the pilot’s tedious pronunciations. ”Ah, I hope I’m not late. I’d never want to introduce myself on the world stage being late!” The pilot’s voice continued to buzz over the intercom. She twiddled her thumbs, trying to find something to do to avoid the captain’s speeches.

She dug into her purse. Her hand groping around in the enveloping leather folds, she twisted her wrist from side to side deep into it. The purse groaned and stretched under the prodding and poking of her sharp-nailed fingers. The purse was an expensive one, one with diamond crosses etched deep into the leather, and a golden “Coburn” badge. The bag was large enough to fit a storage closet within, but the crosses allowed it to fold. Within the bag, she pulled out a flip-top mirror. With delicate motions of her index finger, she pushed the top of the mirror open. Taking stock of her appearance, she noticed her complexion. It wasn’t the palest, yet it wasn’t an olive-tan that she’d spent three days that week working on. She thought about such a tan, and then reality whacked her in the face. She was on a plane, in the middle of Osea, trying to attend a summit. ”Ah, it’ll have to wait.”, she thought, inserting the mirror in her bag, before taking it out once again. A grimace took its rightful place on her face. ”Oh. That.” She opened her mouth, her fangs glistening in the sun’s light. ”Well, I’ve always got to do this, goddamit.”

Her breathing stopped. All movement ceased. She was completely still and unmoving. Victoria tried her hardest to block all thoughts out of her mind, her eyes rolling towards the back of her head. ”Come on, come on, you do this everyday!” was followed in her mind by ”No! Stop all these damn thoughts!” A tense pain overwhelmed her mind. Her brain screamed. ”Agh! Agh! It hurts so much! End this! She’d never felt such pain since… since… the Civil War 50 years prior. ”Stop! Stop, stop stop stop!” It felt like she was crashing into an abyss, one that she could never remove herself from. Seeming to fly in to a deep chasm, she shut her eyes. Her head began to vibrate, and her fangs shortened, retreating deep into her mouth. The pain subsided, and the vise around her head seemed to loosen. She lolled her head to the side, and opened her eyes, holding her body straight in the chair. Thankfully, the pilot had just begun to finish his drone.

“Please buckle your seatbelts, fasten your tray tables, and place your seats in the upright positions.” She ignored the pilot’s instructions. ”Eh, better fix this makeup.” She rummaged in her purse for the palette of colors in her purse. A flight attendant sauntered over towards her, with a smug look on her face. The woman was dressed in a blue striped uniform with a white collar. She wore a knee-length skirt, tied with a brown leather belt, and garishly large buckle bearing an aircraft. “Eh, ma'am. You need to buckle your seatbelt, or I'll be forced to.” The attendant punctuated her statement with a ear to ear, beaming smile. Victoria continued to ignore her. ”Who does this upstart of a flight attendant think she is? You don't just walk up to me like that.” So, Victoria, feeling hurt, pulled a silver knife, edged with the South Fallsian coat of arms on the flight attendant, laying it on the armrest. The attendant raised her hands and backed away. “a-alright miss. Do that whenever you want.” She wasn't going to let anyone mess with her.

The plane bumped itself down on the dusty field that made a runway. She got up from her seat, groaning as the weight of her midsection assumed its place on top of her legs. She clutched her purse in one hand, and her knife in the other, eyeing the crowd around the summit. She made her entrance in middling time, trying to avoid lateness. In a dry, parched tone, she uttered. “My greetings.”
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Spiritual Lyrical Individual Miracles » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:06 pm

"SONAFAMOTHAFUCkin FUUUUCCCCCK-"

The awkward silence ended abruptly. Holo!Kang could be seen throwing what seemed to be a PS4 controller to the ground, cussing at people the hologram emitter did not show.

"My fist will be so far up your ass that YOU'LL BE SCREAMING 'YAMETE, ONII-CHAN'- Aw fuck, is this thing still on?" He walked up to something on his couch, clicking on it, and facepalming.

"Manny, pause that shit. I just fucked up huge." Walking around, wiping off the Number 9 crumbs off his coat, he smiled uneasily.

"How much of that did y'all hear?"

Antiyard
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 25, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Antiyard » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:02 am

The Antiyardian delegation were listening to the conference in their headsets when the General Kang's holograph ended abruptly. Lalu Prasad, the Representative of Antiyard to the Osean League, was composed and professional during the momentary interruptions in the Senate. The delegations were still laughing when he spoke into the mike. One word reverberated throughout the Senate Hall, "SILENCE!".

Lalu Prasad made sure all eyes were on him, even of those dimwitted delegates who kept looking at the speakers instead of looking at him. He then continued,"Thank you, my fellow delegations." A cough or two from the audience members seated at the sides of the Floor of the Senate. "Osea is the largest continent on Strangereal, home to most of the nations, many of whom have are represented here. The first thing in any crisis is the safety and security of ourselves. Each crisis has been accompanied by indecisiveness and redundancy. Redundancy and indecisiveness stops here and stops now."

"Redundancy, my fellow delegations" Mr. Prasad looked up as heads nodded in agreement while the other Antiyardian delegates were arranging papers or scribbling something. "is when someone does something and another does the same thing. Until today, each nation would have separately evacuated their citizens from a crisis point. From tomorrow, we hope, each member of the League would evacuate citizens of the other members of the Osean League as quickly as they would have done their own."

Lalu Prasad used the dramatic pauses taught back in Foreign Service School to his full advantage, without it, he would retired or have searched for other jobs like his batchmates instead of being a top official in the Antiyardian Government. Light applause broke his flashback as he continued, "Further, we can evacuate into the closest Osean League nations, to be flied out at a later date. Such measures would invariably need improvement of the citizenship requirements of member nations, membership of the League and intermember relations."

He paused, using the small break to soothe his parched throat with a sip of water, and to make sure that the other delegates retain what he was saying. The delegations, whose translations were complete began to discuss among themselves. The din became louder and louder when Lalu Prasad felt that it was the time to speak again.

"Now, indecisiveness has cost each one of us dearly. During the outbreak of CD-1, the countries were in disarray. The Osean League needs to take responsibility for rehabilitative actions aimed at prevention of spreading of such crises. We think that such an indecisiveness can be prevented by quick actions of the member nations. For this, each country needs to be connected to the headquarters and declare, in public or in private, to the Osean League how much resources can be put in service of the League immediately on being informed of a crisis. Transportation and other logistics needs to be prepared far ahead in advance. The administration of the League, the Senate, the Assembly or the Cabinet may draw up such plans. Such plans, will have to be passed by the Council of the Osean League before it takes effect, howsoever it should not have bearing on the execution of a unpassed plan if all members referred to in such a plan have, in principle, endorsed it."

"If this two things are removed, redundancy and indecisiveness, there is no question that peace, stability and prosperity would return to Osea." Lalu concluded, to thunderous applause in the Senate.

German Holy Roman Empire
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby German Holy Roman Empire » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:23 am

Antiyard wrote:The Antiyardian delegation were listening to the conference in their headsets when the General Kang's holograph ended abruptly. Lalu Prasad, the Representative of Antiyard to the Osean League, was composed and professional during the momentary interruptions in the Senate. The delegations were still laughing when he spoke into the mike. One word reverberated throughout the Senate Hall, "SILENCE!".

Lalu Prasad made sure all eyes were on him, even of those dimwitted delegates who kept looking at the speakers instead of looking at him. He then continued,"Thank you, my fellow delegations." A cough or two from the audience members seated at the sides of the Floor of the Senate. "Osea is the largest continent on Strangereal, home to most of the nations, many of whom have are represented here. The first thing in any crisis is the safety and security of ourselves. Each crisis has been accompanied by indecisiveness and redundancy. Redundancy and indecisiveness stops here and stops now."

"Redundancy, my fellow delegations" Mr. Prasad looked up as heads nodded in agreement while the other Antiyardian delegates were arranging papers or scribbling something. "is when someone does something and another does the same thing. Until today, each nation would have separately evacuated their citizens from a crisis point. From tomorrow, we hope, each member of the League would evacuate citizens of the other members of the Osean League as quickly as they would have done their own."

Lalu Prasad used the dramatic pauses taught back in Foreign Service School to his full advantage, without it, he would retired or have searched for other jobs like his batchmates instead of being a top official in the Antiyardian Government. Light applause broke his flashback as he continued, "Further, we can evacuate into the closest Osean League nations, to be flied out at a later date. Such measures would invariably need improvement of the citizenship requirements of member nations, membership of the League and intermember relations."

He paused, using the small break to soothe his parched throat with a sip of water, and to make sure that the other delegates retain what he was saying. The delegations, whose translations were complete began to discuss among themselves. The din became louder and louder when Lalu Prasad felt that it was the time to speak again.

"Now, indecisiveness has cost each one of us dearly. During the outbreak of CD-1, the countries were in disarray. The Osean League needs to take responsibility for rehabilitative actions aimed at prevention of spreading of such crises. We think that such an indecisiveness can be prevented by quick actions of the member nations. For this, each country needs to be connected to the headquarters and declare, in public or in private, to the Osean League how much resources can be put in service of the League immediately on being informed of a crisis. Transportation and other logistics needs to be prepared far ahead in advance. The administration of the League, the Senate, the Assembly or the Cabinet may draw up such plans. Such plans, will have to be passed by the Council of the Osean League before it takes effect, howsoever it should not have bearing on the execution of a unpassed plan if all members referred to in such a plan have, in principle, endorsed it."

"If this two things are removed, redundancy and indecisiveness, there is no question that peace, stability and prosperity would return to Osea." Lalu concluded, to thunderous applause in the Senate.

Xäcken looks over and listens to Lalus speech. He begins to notice that not only him but every other delegation in the senate was paying attention only to Lalu as he said to himself.
”This Guys making some good points”. He begins to stand and applaud with the rest of the delegations. His fellow delegate, Amy Veram, was not as pleased but still clapped out of respect for the length of the speech and the feedback provided.

She pulled Xäcken to her and whispered to him ”remember we aren’t here to just listen. The Emperor has faith that we maintain some sense of sovereignty out of this.”

Xäcken nods as the clapping simmers down and he sits back down

Aldion
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aldion » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:19 am

OL gay lmao

Aldion
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aldion » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:07 am

jk lmao OL gucci
----------------------------------------------
Iron Bank Officials have proposed a Trans-Northern Osean Railroad network that would link Eastern Osea with the West. We are looking at a 3.5 Billion investment which will be handled by the Iron Bank.
Any questions about this project will be answered by me, if you have any concerns of the railroad in your nation, I will divert the planned route immediately

Radicaster
Attaché

Founded: Apr 04, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Radicaster » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:01 pm

AlDiOn wrote:jk lmao OL gucci
----------------------------------------------
Iron Bank Officials have proposed a Trans-Northern Osean Railroad network that would link Eastern Osea with the West. We are looking at a 3.5 Billion investment which will be handled by the Iron Bank.
Any questions about this project will be answered by me, if you have any concerns of the railroad in your nation, I will divert the planned route immediately
(Image)

“I approve of this. The railroad will ease some of the tensions that exist between Osean countries. For further details about our involvement, call the President, I’m not in charge.”
-Minister of Defense Harshal Hartmut
Last edited by Radicaster on Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Antiyard
Bureaucrat

Postby Antiyard » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:48 am

The Aldionian delegation just finished their presentation. Lalu Prasad pressed the "Speak" button on his desk, but watched the display board highlight "Radicaster". He looked behind, as the Radicastrian envoy rose to speak. A short speech, endorsing the proposal. The display board now highlighted "Antiyard", and Mr. Prasad rose:
"We commend Aldion on their railway proposal. But, this House must keep in mind that this is Osea, a continent marked by instability. The risk to a freely accessible major international infrastructure in any unstable country is grave, and the result, if such fears are true, is total disorder and zero investment value. We must not encourage railway or roadway infrastructure projects except in countries that are stable. We offer an alternative. Each stable country must be linked to the not so stable countries around it by roadways and railways. These stable countries must be linked to other stable countries by air or by sea. Antiyard offers its considerable expertise in transportation over the high seas. The Iron Bank may, according to the original plan, invest in the railways and roadways. The rest of the infrastructure within the territory of Osean League members will be funded by minimal rate loans from the Osean League. This plan will be effective, both in terms of security and long term economic value. Thank You."

With that he sat down. The other Antiyardian delegates looked at him with shock and disbelief. And why shouldn't they? After all, no delegate would have gone so far to involve their country without confirmation from home. Lalu Prasad just shrugged.
Last edited by Antiyard on Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

East Supple Lund
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby East Supple Lund » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:35 pm

Haha!
It is I!
The Supple!
What are we taking about again?

Hong Kong Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hong Kong Empire » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:04 pm

In the middle of the short pause, the First Secretary saw the door open out of the corner of his left eye and a particularly belligerent looking woman enter, who he recognized as the South Fallsian ambassador to the conference.

Without looking up from the podium screen, he instructed
"You are seated in row 10, left side, desk eleven."

and he returned to a contemplative silence when he suddenly heard a series of loud oaths coming from the hologram of the SLIM General Secretary. It appeared that he had lost a video game of some sort and was in fury at the other player. He stayed calm through the uproarious laughter from the other delegations that followed, until Kang laughed slightly and asked

"How much of that did y'all hear?"

The First Secretary tacitly replied

"All of it."

And then a single word split the uproar and gradually brought the hall's attention on the Antiyardian Delegate.

A long speech followed, with several pauses designed to enhance a dramatic effect, but the First Secretary merely found them tiresome. If one happened to look up at the podium during most of the speech, one could see that the he was clearly distracted, and upon closer inspection, sending messages to the Pandoskan delegation.

At the end of the speech came some applause, and then the Aldonian delegation began speaking of plans to lay a railroad from Aldion to Radicaster. Again, another tiring speech from the Antiyardian delegation followed. Then he offered his opinion on the project.

"It would be mutually beneficial to have trade links connecting Osean nations, however, I disagree with the scale of your project. I would find something like this-" and at that point he sent a map to all of the desk screens "-to be more palatable."

https://jmp.sh/7ly6pe4
Last edited by Hong Kong Empire on Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Deerfenland
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Deerfenland » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:33 pm

Puczovska wrote:This summit needs a little nationalisation.

This won’t end well, won’t it? Ha! I’m about a few days late!

^-^

Antiyard
Bureaucrat

Motion to Adjourn the Conference

Postby Antiyard » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 am

Lalu Prasad: "Mr. Secretary! I move for a motion to adjourn the Conference!"

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates