NATION

PASSWORD

Providencia Welcomes You (Semi-Open, see Opening Post)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Founded: May 14, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:57 pm

Soveriegn States wrote:Cathy, who had appeared sullen and disinterested before now leaned forward and smiled. “I can’t believe that I’m meeting a published author here at breakfast. I appreciate the advice you already gave me. Is there anything else you’d suggest?”

Amy nodded at Cathy’s comment about not finishing the book. Cathy had made her feel childish and immature for not being able to take the rough bits and she was relieved that the actual author seemed more understanding than her sister.

“Imagine that. A real author,” Doreen muttered.

Patrick Junior sat eyes wide, with a big smile as he imagined navigating icy caves and listening to echos. “Wow,” he said. “We really should go.”

His father, Patrick, chuckled. “We’ll see how much it costs and then see if we can save up for it.” He turned to Robbie. “Days get pretty short up our way, too - sunrise at 9 am, sunset at 3 pm - but at least we’re far enough south to get some daylight. What about the part of the country you live in? Are the days that short in winter? At least the summers make up for it, don’t they?”

(OOC: Sorry for the delay; was on a bit of a holiday.)

Leaning forward to Patrick, "Me and Fitt live in Mi'aza, a coastal town on the island, about two and a half thousand kilometers from Barentsburg, takes around twelve hours on the high speed train that runs up the coast, summers are mild, winters are mild, down south we don't get the harsh climates that the north is known for. With the prevailing winds from the west, Mi'aza is quite dry too with not a lot of rainfall compared to some places but it has its charms too, and it has its seedier side. A few miles north they film Emir Prime as the natural wasteland is an ideal setting for filming" replies Robbie, "oh if you go to Barentsburg, go in the Autumn and you will see the northern lights dancing too"

Gina whilst talking to Doreen and Cathy turned to Cathy, " well an auther with only ONE book. Im not a multi title best seller, yet, but there's time", Gina pauses for a moment, taking a sip of her drink "Oh yes, study well and study hard as everyone is after STEM subjects these days, thats Science, Technology English and Math, but above all, if you set to something, set to it with all of your heart, don't do things half harted as you will fail", she then turned to Doreen, "As I work on the road with Robbie here, i have a few experiences and now I have a media channel too, showing hints, tips to living in confined spaces. Yes we have a small single floor home in Mi'Aza but our near full time home is a small box six feet by eight feet by seven feet with a trailer hitched to it and constantly changing views, you pass a place one week and then pass it again the week after something has changed and in some places you can go all day and see no one else as despite the size of home its has less than nine million people in it, and yes I am thinking about a follow up to Alone too."

Robbie also turns to Patrick, "also there are submarine trips on Lake Hai'lu'kai too, and on the mainland, there is the three volcanoes national park, which i think is now safe again now that Halvaar and Sula'm'buru have quietenned down. The third volcano blew its top off a few millenia ago and in its place is a geothermal spring which you can watch bubbling away year round, just don't swim in it as its around seventy degrees, luckily the lake is not steep sided so you can't easily fall in"
All storefronts can be found here In my factbook
Factbook: new factbook under construction
RP'sLife in Barentsburg RP ooc
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.
Aurora Confederacy is proud to be a member of the Astyria Region

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Soveriegn States
Attaché

Founded: Antiquity
New York Times Democracy

Postby Soveriegn States » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:58 am

Aurora Confederacy wrote:Leaning forward to Patrick, "Me and Fitt live in Mi'aza, a coastal town on the island, about two and a half thousand kilometers from Barentsburg, takes around twelve hours on the high speed train that runs up the coast, summers are mild, winters are mild, down south we don't get the harsh climates that the north is known for. With the prevailing winds from the west, Mi'aza is quite dry too with not a lot of rainfall compared to some places but it has its charms too, and it has its seedier side. A few miles north they film Emir Prime as the natural wasteland is an ideal setting for filming" replies Robbie, "oh if you go to Barentsburg, go in the Autumn and you will see the northern lights dancing too"

Gina whilst talking to Doreen and Cathy turned to Cathy, " well an auther with only ONE book. Im not a multi title best seller, yet, but there's time", Gina pauses for a moment, taking a sip of her drink "Oh yes, study well and study hard as everyone is after STEM subjects these days, thats Science, Technology English and Math, but above all, if you set to something, set to it with all of your heart, don't do things half harted as you will fail", she then turned to Doreen, "As I work on the road with Robbie here, i have a few experiences and now I have a media channel too, showing hints, tips to living in confined spaces. Yes we have a small single floor home in Mi'Aza but our near full time home is a small box six feet by eight feet by seven feet with a trailer hitched to it and constantly changing views, you pass a place one week and then pass it again the week after something has changed and in some places you can go all day and see no one else as despite the size of home its has less than nine million people in it, and yes I am thinking about a follow up to Alone too."

Robbie also turns to Patrick, "also there are submarine trips on Lake Hai'lu'kai too, and on the mainland, there is the three volcanoes national park, which i think is now safe again now that Halvaar and Sula'm'buru have quietenned down. The third volcano blew its top off a few millenia ago and in its place is a geothermal spring which you can watch bubbling away year round, just don't swim in it as its around seventy degrees, luckily the lake is not steep sided so you can't easily fall in"

Cathy answered Gina, “I can’t wait to read your follow up. You life on the road must be fascinating.” She shared a smile that illuminated her face, chasing away the Goth pretense and making plain her resemblance to her young, more outgoing sister. “And thanks for the advice. I’ll take it to heart!”

Meanwhile, Patrick Junior and Senior looked at each other and shared a smile that seemed to forecast a family trip in the future to Barentsburg. Doreen watched it all with a smile, until she looked down at her watch. “Oh, goodness,” she said, “it’s almost time for the taxi we booked to go to the beach!” She looked over at Gina and Robbie apologetically. “I’m sorry, but we need to go up and get changed for the beach. I’m sure we’ll see you around.” The mother and began ushering her family out the door.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:55 pm

Gina smiled, "Thanks. Travelling around has given me some inspiration too, places I've been, people i've met so soon i will put pen to paper" she replied, then as Doreen announced their departure, Robbie too looked at her watch as Gina said her goodbyes to the family, followed shortly by Robbie who also added "oh if you're up in Barentsburg, pop into the Northern Cross tavern, its a small place with a big atmosphere, and for a hotel there's the Midnight Rendezvous just across the square", she smiled too as she has with Gina stayed there for a night whilst taking a break out of the truck.

With the family quickly heading off to the taxi, Gina turned to Robbie, "Im guessing they'll bump into us again, or we'll cross their paths", she says pulling out her phone to look up on the What to do in.... section.

Once breakfast had been eaten, something Robbie takes pleasurable delight in doing, Fitt however being a passionate cook with Italian heritage also knows how things should be cooked and she is however enjoying the meal too, however once Gina and Robbie had eaten it was time for them to leave the table and head out and head out they do but not before Gina picks up a map of the locality.

"we're here, beach is there, however lets take a guided tour first, see the city without walking as its going to be warm which will make my residual uncomfortable in its liner and it will be just as bad for you too, eh Robs?"

Robbie smiled, "sounds like a plan. Where was that beach concert again?" she asks Gina.

"public beach tomorrow - lets see Balbino for tickets" replies Gina as the two of them stepped out of the hotel onto the busy street and began to walk, following their nose.
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Providencia y San Andres
Attaché

Founded: Jun 10, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Providencia y San Andres » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:51 pm

As Gina and Robbie exited the hotel, they emerged on the La Gran Via, the capital’s busiest shopping district. To the southwest, the street stretched nearly to the oceanfront, stopping only a few blocks short. To the northeast, the street reached into the Old City, known as San Salvador del Mundo - the original name of the capital of the Providencia colony before independence. Once the street reached the gates of the Old City, it became a pedestrian zone. In the area closest to the hotel, there were an abundance of high-end shops, hotels and restaurants. As the street neared the beach, the mix of businesses changed to those catering to a beach crowd, swim shops, trinket stores, bars and vaguely divey seafood and pizza shops. At the other end, as it neared the Old City, the shops became smaller and quainter - a mix of artesania, antiques and kitschy tourist baubles.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:53 pm

Providencia y San Andres wrote:As Gina and Robbie exited the hotel, they emerged on the La Gran Via, the capital’s busiest shopping district. To the southwest, the street stretched nearly to the oceanfront, stopping only a few blocks short. To the northeast, the street reached into the Old City, known as San Salvador del Mundo - the original name of the capital of the Providencia colony before independence. Once the street reached the gates of the Old City, it became a pedestrian zone. In the area closest to the hotel, there were an abundance of high-end shops, hotels and restaurants. As the street neared the beach, the mix of businesses changed to those catering to a beach crowd, swim shops, trinket stores, bars and vaguely divey seafood and pizza shops. At the other end, as it neared the Old City, the shops became smaller and quainter - a mix of artesania, antiques and kitschy tourist baubles.

Leaving the hotel, Robbie and Gina made their way towards the shoreline, following the street however they are also careful not to look too touristy but as they do so they make mental notes of the stores and what sells what, on their travels they enter a store, pushing its door open gently to make the bell ring, Gina carefully holding the door open for Robbie before looking over towards the counter.

"heya" says Gina in a polite tone with a hint of a slightly Italianate accent "...is there anywhere that does boat hire around these parts?, you know rowing boats, kayaks and the likes?" she asks as Robbie browses the wares.

Providencia y San Andres
Attaché

Founded: Jun 10, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Providencia y San Andres » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:00 pm

The somewhat plump woman behind the counter looked up and gave a pleasant smile. “Buenos días,” she said before switching to English. “Good morning, ladies. A boat, you say?” The woman rubbed her chin for a moment. “There are not so many places on the beach.” She glanced to her right, as if looking through the walls of her shop. “On the riverfront there are such places. The river is not far. Maybe six or seven blocks to the west. Just up from where the river empties into the sea there is a riverfront boardwalk. You can find small boats there.”

The woman’s face took on an almost maternal look of concern. “But I suggest you keep to the river and close to the shore; the tides can be very, very strong a little out from the shore.” She looked at how the two women were standing. “If you prefer a ride, my cousin Andrés is taxi driver. I can call him and he will give you a good price.”

Zamimbia
Attaché

Founded: Nov 11, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Zamimbia » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:12 pm

Restaurante El Trapiche, La Providencia, Providencia y San Andrés

“I’m not sure that your government would be pleased with you seeing me, Tariq,” Charity Amupanda said with a smile as she took a long, slow bite of the chocolate cake on her fork.

“I don’t consult the State Ministry on my choice of… friends,” Lord Tariq of Mezciems said with smile.

“Is that what we are? Friends?”

Tariq was about to answer when Amupanda held up a hand. “Sorry, Tariq,” she said, I need to take a call. Business.”

“Of course,” Tariq said coming to his feet as Amupanda began to rise from her chair.

The tall, athletic woman in a striking pale beige dress smiled at her dinner companion and walked towards the door of the restaurant. She stepped out onto the patio and sat on a bench, slipping into her native Nalu.

As she finished her call and slid her phone back into her small clutch, Amupanda started to stand, only to stop as she came face-to-face with an even taller woman with blonde hair pulled into a severe bun.

“I’m sorry,” Amupanda said, sounding a more than a little perturbed, “can I help you, Ms…?”

“Yes, Ms. Amupanda,” the woman said flatly, “you can be of assistance.”

Amupanda raised an eyebrow but otherwise held her tongue, waiting for the other woman to explain herself.

“I am with the Excalbian Imperial Household Agency,” the woman said after a moment of silence. “We believe that it would be best for Lord Tariq if you curtailed your… relationship with him. He is young and impressionable and it would not be… inconvenient if he were to become caught up in situation in Zamimbia and your father’s… role.”

“My father’s role?” Amupanda asked, eyes narrowing.

“Your father was recently here in Providencia and his spending, not to mention his assets, which you manage, are far beyond what one would reasonably expect from his salary as a Zamimbian Field Marshal.”

“Are you accusing my father?”

“No, but many others will. And their accusations and suspicions will fall on you. And if you continue… seeing Lord Tariq, they will fall upon him as well. So, again, we urge you to cut off this dalliance.”

Amupanda drew herself up her full height, with her hands on her hips and glared at the blonde Excalbian. “And if I don’t?”

“The IHA does not threaten, Ms. Amupanda.” The other woman said calmly. “We are not movie villains.” She paused. “However, we do have… a certain degree of influence in His Imperial Majesty’s Government. And if you decide to honour our request, we will do our best to ensure that the changes in Zamimbia’s government being discussed in New Excalbia do not unduly… inconvenience your father or your family. And should it prove impossible for your father to continue in government service, we can ensure that he has the opportunity for a peaceful and dignified retirement.”

Amupanda felt her face flush and she fairly shook with anger.

“Just consider our request. Good evening, Ms. Amupanda.” The woman gave a slight bow, then turned and walked away.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates