NATION

PASSWORD

Lueduo, Draca (Closed)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Roania
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Lueduo, Draca (Closed)

Postby Roania » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:51 am

Night, TaLong, ruined city of TaiZhao, Island of Lorodecrast, Rudan Prime

"I work alone, Grandmaster." Yeiying shifted uncomfortably under the eyes of the Dragon's Hand. She was one of the older Claws, and had become used to Nesar's (admittedly terrifying) sense of laissez faire management. It had been an unpleasant surprise, his disappearance. Even more of an unpleasant surprise to find that instead of a man she knew, her sire had chosen a newcomer to be his heir. A newcomer with a rather more hands-on approach to his assignments. "Men slow me down, and barbarians...?"

The citadel of the Claws was ancient, and this chamber, its sanctum, was unique in the Empire. Perhaps in the galaxy. Paneled in heartwood, the only surviving such chamber off of accursed Altecrast, the dark magic of the dragon's blood flowed through and around them, the wood seeming to pulse in time with its flow. On the simple stone table between them sat the ancient chalice, from which she had once drunk the blood of those then precious to her and ascended to her current state. When had that been? Two hundred years ago? Six hundred years ago? A thousand years ago? Time had lost much of its meaning to her, as she danced between the seconds, so few of them touching her.

She should have known better. Younger though he may have been, weaker though he may have been, Chen Min was her master. With a simple movement of his hand, she felt his fingers within her breast, on her heart. Had he wished, he could take the slow, languid beating of her heart, the channel by which her victims gave her their stolen time, and stopped it. But he didn't, instead withdrawing after his point was made. "This is an order from your Hand." He spoke passively, not taking the time to snuff her near-immortal life out. "The Throne and I have agreed that this mission is best taken in unison with a member of the opposite party. I have verified his credentials myself, Nightingale. He will not slow you down."

She tsked. "And why have you and the Throne agreed to such a thing?"

"The Lord did not explain his reasoning, and I did not ask, but having spoken to the Secretaries and their agents about both our enemy, and our alleged friends, I have reached my own conclusion." The former Inspector of the AnkwoQingboGu, the ISU, rested his hand on the stone desk.

"And those conclusions are?"

"Irrelevant." Chen chuckled. "This is a scouting mission as much as a retributive mission. Eyes and ears, Nightingale. I could send another, but I have chosen you. Will you obey? Or will you challenge?"

Nightingale had not lived as long as she had by resisting overmuch the will of fate. "...and where is this barbarian?"

Chen Min pointed out the window. "I permitted Arngrim Odinskarl," the ease in which he said the barbarian word annoyed her, "to enter the city so far as the ruins of the Fountain Plaza. He seems, for the moment, content to wait there." The Grandmaster stroked his thin beard. "Do try to enjoy yourself, Yieying. If you need me, you know where I shall be."

"On that jungle planet, with that warrior woman of yours?" Nightingale rose from her seat. "...One of these days, you must share if her amazon stamina is a match for our gifts." Chen Min simply smiled. His relationship with Executor Tradia of N'Xypndiltn was a matter of speculation. Were they lovers? Friends? Partners in some athletic game? Competitors in another? The Hand had so far kept that secret, and kept it well, from his Claws. She had her suspicions. Again, Nightingale sighed. "As close as my shadow, as far as the void."

"Dismissed to your mission, my lady." Chen vanished. Had he ever truly been there? She wasn't entirely sure. It would be just like him to project his thoughts across the stars. Probably while that Republic whore worked on him. What kind of handsome man like Chen could possibly be interested in a barbarian? It beggared belief. A moment later, though, she had vanished from the room as well.

Fountain Plazak

The city had no name that she knew, or that any new. It had been left mostly intact because the First Emperor had planned to resettle it. Yet the Priests of the New Faith had demanded it be left in ruins. She and Arngrim were the only living beings within its perimeter, unless a brother or sister was also receiving orders. The Tower of the Dragon lay within its core, a not long walk from the plaza. But while to the south and east, the paths out were clear, and to the west one could see the bright lighted walls of the Temple City, an attempt to enter the city itself from this point was impossible for anyone unwelcome. The path north was covered in mist, and no matter how one groped along, you returned to the Fountain Plaza via one of the other roads..

The Fountain Plaza was so named not because there had been a fountain of water there, but because it had been the sight of one of the ancient fanes to the Gods, where the Priest-Kings had sacrificed blood and life to the same creatures that had killed the ancient world. When the conquering army had swept through, the fane had been taken apart piece by piece, and each stone had been shattered to dust, and the dust weighted in a bag and sunk at the bottom of the dark sea. Yet the grooves that had carried blood away remained. It was an eerie place, at night, though as safe as anywhere on the island.

Lady Nightingale appeared in a shadow and stepped forward. Civility itself, she rested her hands at her abdomen and bowed forward. "Arngrim of the Imperium Eridani, I assume?" She spoke in pitch-perfect Kadrian, now. "You may call me Nightingale." She smiled, though it did not touch her eyes. Still... she appraised him, as was her duty. And what she found? Well...
Last edited by Roania on Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ten Thousand Years to the Lord of Ten Thousand Years! Ten Thousand Years to the Lord of Ten Thousand Years! Ten Thousand of Ten Thousand Years to the Lord of Ten Thousand Years!

The Dragon Throne has stood for Ten Thousand Years! For Ten Thousand Years, the Dragon Throne Stands! The Dragon Throne has stood, is standing, and shall stand for Ten Thousand Years, Ten Thousand Years, Ten Thousand of Ten Thousand Years!

The Eridani Imperium
Envoy

Founded: Jun 15, 2017

Postby The Eridani Imperium » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:28 am

What she found was unusual, but perhaps not entirely unexpected. The only sign of life in the Plaza she found was a handsome raven, picking away at what looked like an almost empty tin of meat.

The first sign this raven was unusual was the intense blue eyes - they were the color of ice, and looking right at her as the last of the meat slipped down the raven’s gullet. The raven then took flight and alighted on a ruined wall next to Nightingale. It then squawked at her, in greeting. Now that Nightingale was close enough, she could see the tiny knives attached to the raven’s legs, the harness strapped around its chest, and the small metallic helmet It ware. It seemed to appraise her as well, with the air of a hardened veteran espionage agent. After a few minutes, it cawed in approval and nodded its head, in a close approximation of her bow.
NSWB Discord | Factbook | We Go Different, And In Thunder
DEFCON: ORANGE - FLEETS MOBILIZED, REINFORCEMENTS OUTBOUND
"If Menelmacar is the successful corporate executive parents with a nice house, your people are the black sheep daughter that parties with the wrong crowd and has a batshit crazy boyfriend." - The Eternal Ascendancy of Menelmacar

Roania
Ambassador

Postby Roania » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:45 am

Nightingale smiled, and held out a finger. "My, you are a surprise..." Despite her aversion and hostility, she found this bit of playacting quite... charming. "Shall I join you, my dear?" There was nothing so crass as a transformation. Merely a puff of rainbow smoke... or were they feathers...? and the raven was joined by a small, bright nightingale, that hopped along the ground, chirping.
Ten Thousand Years to the Lord of Ten Thousand Years! Ten Thousand Years to the Lord of Ten Thousand Years! Ten Thousand of Ten Thousand Years to the Lord of Ten Thousand Years!

The Dragon Throne has stood for Ten Thousand Years! For Ten Thousand Years, the Dragon Throne Stands! The Dragon Throne has stood, is standing, and shall stand for Ten Thousand Years, Ten Thousand Years, Ten Thousand of Ten Thousand Years!

The Eridani Imperium
Envoy

Postby The Eridani Imperium » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:17 pm

The Raven cocked its head, and hopped over to the nightingale, examining it. It squawked again in approval and began to flap its wings. A shimmer of light and sound heralded the transformation of Arngrim Ravenstone, who stood taller then most of his Kadrian comrades, at 6’8. While the Duke Elyas Stalgardr - the current Imperial Captain - is the only one who even came close to Arngrim’s stature, the Odinskarl had him beat through years of experience, missions, and perhaps women. His ice-blue eyes stared out from a chiseled face bearing a grin. As Arngrim traded luxurious black feathers for dark hair bound in a warrior’s braid, it became clear that his attire was more practical - grey tactical pants and a black shirt. But those accoutrements only brought attention to his well-built form, which promised to not only wreak havoc on Rowan’s enemies but also in the bed, so to speak. His muscles wasn’t as thick as most male Kadrians, but that was the price of being an Odinskarl - Arngrim had traded some of his strength for becoming the eyes and ears of the Empress herself. His legs were designed much the same as his upper body - for speed and agility, not strength.

“A honor to make your acquaintance, Lady Nightingale. I am Arngrim Ravenstone of the Odinskarlar.” He said as he bowed once more.
"If Menelmacar is the successful corporate executive parents with a nice house, your people are the black sheep daughter that parties with the wrong crowd and has a batshit crazy boyfriend." - The Eternal Ascendancy of Menelmacar

Roania
Ambassador

Postby Roania » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:44 pm

The nightingale sang, briefly ,and then vanished in a flood of feathers. But she didn't appear where he had last seen her. Suddenly, powerful arms wrapped around him, her hands gently exploring his chest. "Oh, I like that, my raven." Her voice had something of the shriek of the night wind, now. Her fingers, or more precisely their long yellowed nails, moved down, tracing the chiseled muscles of his abdomen. "...I can feel your endurance, and your strength..." She didn't seem to lean up, but her voice reached his ears, and his ears alone. Without them seeming to cross the space between. "I bet you taste delicious." And then she was in front of him.

Even by the standards of her people, Lady Nightingale was pale. Deathly pale Few Reixanxi had actually black hair, but she did... and she had the black pupils to match. Her hair hung down her back, nearly to her feet, occasionally stirred by a wind that seemed to come from elsewhere. Her body, pallid and wan, had little of the softness of womanhood about it, gaunt breasts hanging low and sullen. She smiled, and her teeth, her fangs, were revealed to be black with rot. "Would you give me a taste?" Her clothes were green with mold, and her cheeks were hollow and gaunt. Her feet, which she floated on, seemed swollen and heavy with blood. "Just one. For an old woman."

The Eridani Imperium
Envoy

Postby The Eridani Imperium » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:13 pm

Arngrim’s eyebrow raised, unamused. “Lady Nightingale, while I do appreciate your comments about my strength, you can fawn over me later. Lady Silvershield and Lord Shadowslayer want Terminus dead, and I have a bullet with their leader’s name on it.”

The Odinskarl pulled out his assault rifle, double-checking the ammo magazine and sights, before doing the same for the sniper rifle and shotgun.

Roania
Ambassador

Postby Roania » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:25 pm

The woman landed on the ground, her feet shrinking to a more normal size, as a pair of perfect red slippers enclosed them. The change washed through from her feet up, life and vitality flowing through her legs, and her suddenly wide, nubile hips, to breasts that seemed to swell and rise to defy gravity, to lips that grew plump and beestung, and cheeks that held the first flush of maidenhead. Only her eyes remained the same. "Oh, I think you can be more fun than that, given half a chance." She smiled. Her teeth were little, delicate... and pointed. "But... very well, you do arouse... my attention. Walk with me."

'Walk' was a bit much. She seemed to move from place to place in little hops between the spaces, only rarely taking an actual step. "I assume you flew here? We won't bother with that flying back. Rank hath its privileges, and mine include a method of travel that doesn't tire me out." She lifted her hand, and one of the abandoned, decaying palanquins on the street rose into the air and floated towards them, with no one seeming to be at the wheel. The door slid open, revealing blackness, and she stepped up and into it, vanishing. Save for her hand, which beckoned him in, one finger crooked.

The Eridani Imperium
Envoy

Postby The Eridani Imperium » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:42 pm

Arngrim looked her up and down, as the corner of his mouth raised in a half smile. “Not bad... You certainly have my attention. Lady Nightingale.” Despite her unusualIy quick walking speed, the Odinskarl kept up with Nightingale easily, his long strides matching hers. “I only flew part of the way, but I certainly don’t mind doing it your way - flying gets tiring.”

When they stopped, Arngrim looked at the Palanquin, considering for a moment. Finally, the tall Kadrian stepped into the darkness behind Nightingale...

Roania
Ambassador

Postby Roania » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:34 pm

They stepped out of a cave in a perfectly clean and relatively well-kept field, the broken walls of the lost city about a league behind them. Lady Nightingale was a few feet ahead of him, looking over her shoulder, as though she had been waiting for him for sometime. "Not impressed by my other form, were you? Liking this one more?" She held a hand to her lips and laughed. "I'm flattered, Arngrim." She hopped and stepped towards him, and put her arms around his neck, her soft bosom resting on his muscled chest. "...I still would like a taste, though." Her breath was slow, even. "The grass is clean, and the moon is high... the water is clear... and I am willing."

The Eridani Imperium
Envoy

Postby The Eridani Imperium » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:48 pm

“You are willing?” Arngrim smiled. “Well then, allow me to take advantage.”

Drawing away, he slipped off the shirt and harness he had on, laying the weapons down in a safe place. The Odinskarl then turned back to Nightingale and kissed her, lowering her to the soft grass, carefully undoing his pants in the process.

Roania
Ambassador

Postby Roania » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:35 pm

Yeiying lay on her back, her hands behind her head. She was beautiful, now, in this position... but she was always beautiful. Her skin was white as snow, or what could be seen of it was white as snow, the only color being her ruby lips and her dark eyes and hair. Her eyes were watching him, hungrily. "I don't think I've properly introduced myself, Arngrim." She ran a finger down the ties of her robe, each one coming undone at her touch... though she left unwrapping her to him. "You may call me Yeiying... and you can call me that as loud as you want in a few minutes... no one but I will hear."

When their lovemaking was finished, she sat up and smiled, satisfied, licking his blood off her lips. "...You taste almost as good as you feel..." She murmured, pulling her robes back on, the ties redoing themselves. "...so, before I grab my car, why don't you tell me what your plan is, Arngrim?" Her eyes twinkled in the night.

The Eridani Imperium
Envoy

Postby The Eridani Imperium » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:39 pm

Arngrim had put back on his pants and shirt, and was in the process of locking his weapons into the harness he had just put on. “Well, if my information is correct, your people have one of the Terminus mercs locked up.”

The Odinskarl almost spat Terminus’ name, punctuating his dislike for the rebel organization. “The krjúpa will tell us - one way or another - where his superiors are. And then, you and I are going to crush Terminus and make them wish that they never took the job.”

It was clear that Arngrim had a personal vendetta against Terminus - not even the most hardened Odinskarl who had lived through the Rebellions would have understood the fury in Arngrim’s eyes at their name.

Roania
Ambassador

Postby Roania » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:06 pm

"I do love a driven man, Arngrim." Yeiying cooed, walking up to him and stroking his cheek before kissing him briefly. "You stand there and sulk dramatically. It's a good look on you. I'll be right back." And she hopped back... but didn't land where she should have.

Five minutes later, a flyer flew into the field and hovered two feet off the surface. The driver's compartment was blacked out, but he didn't need his senses to know it was empty. The door opened. Nightingale was sitting within, a smile on her lips as she beckoned him up. "Time's a wasting. Why don't you join me? And then, since it will take us an hour to fly to the other side of the planet..." Her eyes twinkled. "Why don't you entertain me?"

The Eridani Imperium
Envoy

Postby The Eridani Imperium » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:20 am

The Odinskarl got in the flyer and smiled. “I would be glad to entertain you. But I’m curious - what’s on the other side of this planet, if not the prisoner?” As Arngrim said this, he got comfortable in the flyer, preparing to entertain her.

Roania
Ambassador

Postby Roania » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:42 pm

"Well, we're flying the long way around so we can get to know eachother a bit better." The Claw's dress was growing more and more translucent as she spoke. As she was left naked, she slipped into his lap. "...I think entertaining you will entertain me." She murmured, as her hips began to move against him, and her chest brushed against his... and her lips and fangs gently nipped at his neck."He's being kept in a special place, one where only we can enter, you see...Normally we'd have killed him, but your empress..." She moved against him again, her hands now undoing his shirt and his pants. "Your Empress asked us to let him live..."

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates