NATION

PASSWORD

And her ways are ways of gentleness [Maintenance; Closed]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Macisikan
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Macisikan » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:53 pm

”final.doc; newfinal.doc; newfinalfinal.doc; newfinalestfinal.doc; Final_v5.doc.”

SC.R 4 Ayi. XII 160: An Amendment to the arrangements relating to the Trust Territories on Mars under UIK administration, and related matters

In the name of His Serene Majesty:
The Security Council of the United Imperial Kingdoms of Macisikan:

Notes prior resolutions relating to the Trust Territory of Tsaraine;

Notes the circumstances of the eastern division of the aforementioned Trust Territory;

1. Separates the territory in Annex I to this Resolution from the Trust Territory of Tsaraine under UIK administration;

2. Orders that the aforementioned separated territory be designated the Trust Territory of West Noachis Terra under UIK administration (the Trust Territory of West Noachis Terra);

3. Establishes a Commission of Governance under the Vice-Ministry of the Territories to determine the future status of the Trust Territory of West Noachis Terra;

4. Commands that the aforementioned Commission of Governance report back to the Security Council in one year with a recommendation on the longer-term form of governance of the aforementioned Trust Territory of West Noachis Terra, taking input from relevant parties including local authorities;

5. Authorises the appointment of a Governor Militant by the Premier-in-Council and places the daily administration of the Trust Territory of West Noachis Terra into the hands of the aforementioned Commission under the Governor Militant;

6. Appoints an Ombudsman for the Trust Territory of West Noachis Terra to ensure sound administration, maintenance of law, and to execute related duties; and further

7. Mandates that this resolution shall require revisitation by this Council at the same time as SC.R 2 Ayi. XII 159; and further

8. Commends the legal status of the Trust Territory of West Noachis Terra, the Trust Territory of Midlonia, the Trust Territory of Tsaraine, and the Trust Territory of the East Noachis Terra are to the Dáil, and recommends they be legislated as Chapter XIV Territories of the United Imperial Kingdoms.

Adopted unanimously in the Conurbation of Saragova on RKI.12EDC5.

An Act to confirm certain arrangements relating to Territories of the United Imperial Kingdoms, and for related purposes.

[12EDC6]

Be it enacted by the Sovereign’s most Serene Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Dáil of the Union, and the Chamber of Ascendancy, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same under the Instrument of Government, as follows:—

S 4 Ayv. XII 32 – the Trust Territories of the UIK on Mars Act

Part 1 – Preliminary
Division 1 – Introduction
Short Title
1. This Act may be cited as the Trust Territories of the UIK on Mars Act and shall enter the Crown Legislative Index as S 4 Ayv XII 32.

Commencement
2. This Act shall enter into effect from the time it receives the Royal Assent.

Notes
3. A note included in this Act is explanatory and is not part of this Act.

Division 2 – Object
1. The objects of this Act are to amend the in accordance with the provisions of Part 2 of this Act, with the intent that the purposes of that Charter and that Chamber shall be more effectively and properly fulfilled.

Division 3 – Interpretation
1. I 6 C/Aug. VI 1 as it presently stands applies to this Act.

2. S 1 Ayv. XII 14 as it presently stands applies to this Act.

3. The Trust Territories shall be those regions on the planet called, variously, Mars or Carnil, upon which is located the Nimatojin city of New Vancouver, and delineated in the Annex to this Act.

Division 4 — Application
Act binds the Realm
1. This Act binds the Crown, but does not make the Crown liable to be prosecuted for an offence.
2. This Act extends to the external territories of the Realm insofar as such extension is relevant.
3. This Act does not bind the other Realms under the Crown or appended to the Throne.
4. This Act does not expire.
5. Nothing in this Act requires or permits a person to take any action, or to refrain from taking any action, that would be, or could reasonably be expected to be, prejudicial to defence of the Realm, or the national security thereof.
6. The provisions of IG 4 Ayv. XII 2 Ch. XVI apply to this Act.

Part 2 — Substance
1. Upon the commencement of this Act, the Trust Territory of West Noachis Terra, the Trust Territory of Midlonia, the Trust Territory of Tsaraine, and the Trust Territory of East Noachis Terra, as addressed by SC.R 2 Ayi. XII 15 and SC.R 4 Ayi. XII 159 and SC.R 2 Ayi. XII 160, and related resolutions, and delineated in the Annex to this Act are confirmed as Chapter XIV Territories of the Union, collectively to be termed The Trust Territories of the United Imperial Kingdoms on Mars.

2. The Premier-in-Council is authorised to issue a determination designating these areas as alternate jurisdictions in accordance with S 1 Ayv. XII 14.

3. The Trust Territories of the United Imperial Kingdoms on Mars may commence the Chapter XIV Transition Process at such a time as the Governance Commissions referred to in the aforementioned resolutions determine that such transition is proper, consecutively or concurrently or in combination thereof, and upon the completion of that process, pursuant to S 2 Ayv XII 23, they shall be integrated into the Exarchy of Maja and their disposition shall be remanded to the keeping of the Diet and Government thereof.

Royal Assent

Given under My Hand and Seal, and under the Great Seal of the Realm, on 12EDC6, and in the year of Our Reign the Fourth, the assent to this Act, that is to take effect as of and from 12EDC6:

AYIVIN XII
L.S.

His Most Serene Imperial and Royal Majesty, the Ard-Rí Ayivin Uí deMakra, Porphyrogénnētos, Twelfth of that Name; by the Grace of Fate and the Will of the People, Undying Sovereign of the Union of the United Imperial Kingdoms of Macisikan and all its Domains.
Last edited by Macisikan on Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Please address your messages/threats/lies to:
The current cycle is: ʧ19021

--FT Nations: Melik, the Lord, Ardri Trivkaal, HM Vice-Minister for External Affairs
--Everyone else: Melik, the Lord, Conradin Nuchani, HM Vice-Minister for Foreign Engagement

Quick Overview | Full Factbook | Embassy Programme | Maintenance thread | NS World-Building Discord | The demonym is "Macisikani."
“You have taken my cute idea … and turned it into something cold and cruel.” –Solont
“Terrible experiments. Unethical behaviour. Have I introduced you to my friend Macisikan? He’s something of an expert.” –Sunset
“You are not destroying the universe for science.” -Menelmacar
“CanSpamMac is an outlier and should not be counted” -Arkasia

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:24 pm

.C. .M. .G. .N.
The Crown Media Group Network: “Without Bias Or Distortion”
You are listening to the CMGN International Service. It is RKI.12EDCA/08:00

Several announcements from Saragova follow.

The Council for External Affairs announces the normalisation of relations between the United Imperial Kingdoms and the Eternal Radial Empire of Roania.

Lord Khyan D’intef has been appointed His Serene Majesty’s Ambassador to the Eternal Radiant Empire of Roania. His Excellency will take up his appointment on 12EDCB.

The Court of Light welcomes Ambassador Nmmr from the Court of the Lord of Ten Thousand Years.

The Council for External Affairs has accepted a Non-Aggression Pact between the United Imperial Kingdoms and the United Species of the Eridani Imperium; the pact will now go to the Dáil for ratification.

The Council for External Affairs has accepted a Non-Aggression Pact between the United Imperial Kingdoms and the Eternal Radiant Empire of Roania; the pact will now go to the Dáil for ratification.

The Security Council has ended the state of martial law in the Northern Sectors of the Trust Territory of Tsaraine effective as of RKI.12EDCA/12:00; the Security Code will apply as from that time. The Southern Sectors remain under martial law.

The Security Council has announced the extension of the Quarantine Order to the Trust Territories of the United Imperial Kingdoms on Mars not already under the Order, effective as of RKI.12EDCA/09:00.

Following representations from several foreign polities, the Council for External Affairs has convened a commission to consider the matter of tourist visas.

The Vice-Minister for the Assistance has announced an increase to the Luxuries Stipend; all subjects of the Serene Majesty are asked to consult their VPA for details.

Download this broadcast from http://www.cmgn.co.mcn/is/iview/news
(c) CMGN International Service
Last edited by Macisikan on Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

--FT Nations: Melik, the Lord, Ardri Trivkaal, HM Vice-Minister for External Affairs
--Everyone else: Melik, the Lord, Conradin Nuchani, HM Vice-Minister for Foreign Engagement

Quick Overview | Full Factbook | Embassy Programme | Maintenance thread | NS World-Building Discord | The demonym is "Macisikani."
“You have taken my cute idea … and turned it into something cold and cruel.” –Solont
“Terrible experiments. Unethical behaviour. Have I introduced you to my friend Macisikan? He’s something of an expert.” –Sunset

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:17 pm

.C. .M. .G. .N.
You are listening to the CMGN International Service. It is RKI.12EDD5/12:00

His Serene Majesty is pleased to announce that Dr Seth Rubenstein has been made a Nobelissimos in the Corporeal Peerage of the United Imperial Kingdoms of Macisikan.

His Serene Majesty is pleased to announce that Sir Delkaan Siptah has been made a Nobelissimos in the Corporeal Peerage of the United Imperial Kingdoms of Macisikan.

His Serene Majesty is pleased to announce that Sir Nefer Astakai has been made a Nobelissimos in the Corporeal Peerage of the United Imperial Kingdoms of Macisikan.

Lord Nefer Astakai has been appointed His Serene Majesty’s Ambassador to the Subluminal Kingdom of Edom. His Excellency will take up his appointment on 12EDD6.

The Council for External Affairs has announced the Dáil has ratified the non-aggression pact with the Eternal Radiant Empire of Roania and presented it to His Serene Majesty for the Royal Assent.

The Council for External Affairs has announced the Dáil has ratified the non-aggression pact with the United Species of the Eridani Imperium and presented it to His Serene Majesty for the Royal Assent.

The Council for External Affairs has issued a statement welcoming the accession of the Incorporated State of Zeppelin Manufacturers to the Martian Forum as a State Party, and the entry of the Eternal Radiant Empire of Roania to the Martian Forum as an Observer State.

The Council for Subliminal Affairs has announced a review of all extant diplomatic arrangements and engagements.

The Imperial Space Service has issued a statement advising that the Maja Division of the Imperial Space Service has been upgraded to the status of Escadra. Knight Commodore Azash has been promoted to the rank of Knight Commodore Commander. This change is effective as of 12EDD5/14:00; the upgrade to the deployment at Ying Shan will commence immediately.

Last edited by Macisikan on Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:58 am

Mars, Sol System, Spinwise Quadrant
RKI:12EDD7/12:47

Arn-Mendes, Exarchy of Maja
Offices of the Chief Minister

“…which brings me to the last item; as you all know, the Premier issued the determination right before we began, and I would like to present it to you all now.”

There was a moment as information was absorbed; then a relief map sprang into being.

“As you can see, West Noachis is now simply Noachis Terra. East Noachis has been renamed to reflect a name employed by some of the earlier settlers of the region; Wazzu Elysium. All three of the maritime Trust Territories have lost their oceanic claims; the area is now The Trust Territory of Pelagic Maja.”

“Saragova has been busy,” commented the Exarchy’s Treasurer, flicking through various documents and laws. “I think I preferred it when they ignored this planet.”

“Unfortunately, the Mobile Surface Service tends to make a fuss when they unexpectedly have to take down one of Melkor’s balrogs,” the police minister said dryly. There was a chuckle around the table at that; the damn thing had come roaring out of one of the numerous ruined cities in what were now the Territories. It hadn’t made it as far as the Exarchy proper, but it had gone a disturbing distance before being taken down. Two more had since been dislodged from where they were lairing and put down, but those were expected.

“Anyway,” the Chief Minister said, “the last bit of the Determination sends them all back to the Security Council until they’re properly pacified and can be turned over to the Interior Ministry. There is one bit that concerns us; Premier Si’Anak has redrawn the borders around the canals,” at a gesture, the map focused in on the area.

“They trade territory as you can see, but the canal itself is why this is part of the meeting instead of an email. The canal zone will become ours.”

“Why…?” the Treasurer said what they were all thinking.

“Because,” the Chief Minister spoke in the tones of someone who was having the words whispered directly into his cortex, “Wazzu and Tsaraine fought three minor wars over it since their central governments disintegrated and before they imploded. The canal itself is choked with debris and currently unnavigable; Saragova doesn’t trust them not to start grizzling again. So Interior is cleaning it up, and when they’re done they’ll meet with us to discuss what happens between then and when the territories are commended the territories to us.”

There was nodding around the table.

“I should also note; this won’t be the last redrawing of the borders. They’ve asked our assistance in doing so; a nine-person committee will take submissions, evaluate them, and put them in. I want your nominees on my desk by tomorrow evening. And speaking of assistance, one other thing…”

There was a groan. He was notorious for this.

“…no, I promise, just one. The Forum hired the Nimatojin Outer Systems Alliance to provide security in the Martian Forum Administrative Zones. Now they are a private entity, meaning they’re expecting something called ‘government rates’. I assume that means to milk the Exchequer for every Guilder they can get their paws on. I’m told they’re worth every last joule, but still; Lord deRenci has asked the CEA to appoint an inspector to keep an eye on the bunnies. CEA has reached a decision, and the inspector will be active as soon as their body finishes being put together…”

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:11 pm

Rendering the enemy irrelevant is practically identical to defeating it; beware the devil in the detail of that gap.
HSMAF Officer’s Handbook

The Immaterium of the United Imperial Kingdoms
RKI:12EDD8/09:45

Simulation: Pa Listehvis, Naskuchni System, Metropole of the UIK
Imperial Industrial and Engineering Research Organisation

“…any one of a number of obstacles, from gravity, to waste heat, to conflicts in optimisation, and, of course, the issues with materials themselves; all precluded the construction of the solid shell form so favoured by science fiction,” the speaker was affecting the image of a university professor from a long-bygone era, right down to the patches on the tweed-clad elbows.

“But this is no longer a concern; because we precisely tune the conditions in the Continuum to be just so, we not only can make the traditional structure possible, but we can, if we desire, create entire layers that consist of nothing but the substrate. The energy to supply would be spun up from another layer dedicated to the production of the energy, while waste heat would be drawn into another layer dedicated to housing it.

“And more; with careful, judicious tweaking of the conditions, we can eliminate the maintenance problem. That is not to say entropy is completely defeated; there are still prices to pay in this system, and the Tippler findings on advanced recycling measures will wait for our next lecture, but we can say we have made considerable progress towards evading the issue altogether.

“Before anyone gets excited, I want to caution you; these outcomes themselves will undergo Tippler testing next octet, to determine if the outcomes are what our initial findings hold. And it does not make life easier, or longer, for the Prime universe. And, of course, the question of Outsider attentions. The mention of which allows me to neatly segue into introducing the next speaker. Before I do so; I will be back, to provide conclusions, of course.

“Now, please put your hands or equivalent together for one of the leading lights in the Joint Sciences Research Organisation, someone I am most lucky to call my friend…”
Last edited by Macisikan on Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:11 pm

Heeeeeeeeere, fishy, fishy, fishy!
-Ernie, Sesame Street

Mars, Sol System, Spinwise Quadrant
RKI:12EDD8/14:40

Trust Territory of Tsaraine
Mobile Surface Service Installation, “Channel Lagoon Base”

“It looks like a squid.”

The General’s assessment was blunt, but far more polite than what had been said back in Saragova the Birrin from the Military Research Division reflected. Honestly, he could have quite happily gone his whole eternity without knowing what that was.

“[assent] It is the base form we used in design,” he said aloud. “[explanatory] But the true inspiration is from a fiction item that predates the Burning Years. A set of enforcers, made of metal, directed by an intelligence artificial. Most effective. Most efficient. I can provide the reference link if you desire.”

The general surveyed the multi-limbed chrome-coloured thing floating serenely in its tank. Something about it made him think the word “Innsmouth” for some reason.

“I think I can do without, thank you; show me how it works.”

“[anticipatory] With pleasure. I think you will be most pleased.”

The scientist made a change, and the far end of the tank irised open to admit… things. Privately the MSS officer wasn’t sure how he’d describe them; there were more than the usual number of fins and eyes, but his attention was drawn to the end that seemed to be mostly teeth and…

“Are those pincers?”

“[satisfied] Yes. Observe.”

The mechanoid seem to be doing just that, and then…

“Right,” the MSS officer said as bits of thing floated past him. It had been over very quickly, and, as advertised, had been quite efficient. Except for two of them…

“Explain something to me; those two there-” he pointed at a pair that had been fairly neatly killed, “-are intact. But these other ones, well…” some had been eviscerated and shredded. One had been reduced to pieces no larger than a one Kron coin.

“[smug] The intact ones were males. The others were females. Internal incubation of the young. [dismissive] They would have eaten the mother anyway.”

“Ah, of course. Can’t allow any larvae to escape,” the human paused. “Any chance of these wandering over the borders?”

“[confidence] No. They are loaded with the standard Unmanned Battalion Delineation Suite. They will not stray from assigned areas. No chance of accidentally infringing over the fence. [anticipatory; confidence] Also loaded with the standard UB IFF suite. Civilians, wildlife; safe. Only the Pilonese infestations at risk. Also feature; can burrow and dig to reach any lurking specimens. All as per specification. Current available deployment quite substantial. Also diplomats at work; Ambassador going to talk to the Noldor Government. Cooperative effort anticipated.”

“Good, good…” the human sounded thoughtful.

“[amused] Several units available with executive override function. Would you like to play?”

“…I love my job.”
Last edited by Macisikan on Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:14 pm

ISS Command Logs: Activity 12EDDA/13:10:45-13:10:50, node AD38

12EDDA/13:10:45.451981;High Command to Sengrin Anchorage: Removal authorisation approved. Initiate customs post relocation
12EDDA/13:10:45.928552;SagA* Observation Post 73 to High Command: RDF assets detected at stël 01-8348C163. Observational datafile attached.
12EDDA/13:10:46.389063;High Command to Memphur Grand Anchorage: authorisation to dispatch ISS assets as requested is granted.
12EDDA/13:10:47.108145;High Command to Ying Shan Anchorage; prepare for arrival of 300F pair cluster on 12EDDE/12:23:05.484231.
12EDDA/13:10:47.598722;LHS-288 Command to High Command: foreign probe detected near spöb {41BB1D69-D566-4E6E-8037-37761843BAAA}. Request instruction.
12EDDA/13:10:47.721300;Khanak-Hatep Command to High Command: Indigenous radio-capable civilisation detected at stël IFGC-8074-148FD27, spöb {C0665C7D-B347-40EB-8D75-F289F29A4ED1}. Planetary datafile attached.
12EDDA/13:10:47.863438;TT-Midlonia Command to High Command: gövt-223754 assets destroyed by MSS units off coast. AAR attached.
12EDDA/13:10:48.385484;High Command to LHS-288 Command; terminate intruder
12EDDA/13:10:48.869859;High Command to K’Rulou Occupation Command: Punitive measure request on spöb {2123F743-9A82-4DBE-8780-B923C5DA0083} denied. Employ pacification methods only.
12EDDA/13:10:49.334060;Grand Duchy of Cadaseth Command to High Command: Local authority requests Formation Deployment to assist with piracy suppression.
12EDDA/13:10:49.864422;Fara Grand Anchorage to High Command: Pathogen 34-positive vessel sterilised.
12EDDA/13:10:49.821998;High Command to Khanak-Hatep Command: Dispatch patrol group to survey and confirm.
12EDDA/13:10:49.850723;Anroud Grand Anchorage to High Command: Slaver ring remanded to Benignity custody.
12EDDA/13:10:50.396905;High Command to K’Rulou Occupation Command: Security Council Directive: initiate full Macisikanisation process on spöb {2123F743-9A82-4DBE-8780-B923C5DA0083}.
12EDDA/13:10:50.577563;High Command to Grand Duchy of Cadaseth Command: request granted. Formation Group dispatched.
12EDDA/13:10:50.937297;LHS-288 Command to High Command: intruder destroyed.
Last edited by Macisikan on Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:07 am

TOP SECRET:CABINET-IN-CONFIDENCE

Minutes of the Meeting of the Grand Council held on 12EDE0

Meeting brought to order at 09:01
All present. No apologies.
The Minister of State attending. Deputy Chair of the Security Council attending. VMID attending. VMEAP attending. Chair CEA attending. Chair SRC attending.

Time acceleration commenced at 1:100 at 09:02.

Reading of the minutes of the last meeting
The minutes of the last meeting were read and accepted as being both correct and accurate by a unanimous vote.

Business carried forward from the last meeting
Marital Status of the Sovereign
The Minister for State presented this update.

The Palace will shortly announce the impending marriage of the Sovereign, and will be requesting the cooperation of HSMG in the preparations and celebrations.

The Grand Council accepted the update; the update is at Attachment A.

Update on the External Associated Polities
The Vice-Minister for the External Associated Polities (EAPs) presented this report.

The EAP Congress has passed a resolution for all EAPs to be brought into the Interlink and the Steorling Zone. The EAPs have also passed a measure providing for mutual assistance and development to one another, and agreed to the creation of several caucuses to allow for common interest polities to discuss matters of mutual interest.

The Grand Council agreed the resolution for Interlink integration and the Steorling Zone, and further agreed a measure to provide for financial assistance to the EAPs as needed.

The Grand Council accepted the report; the report is at Attachment B.

Settlement of the Trust Territories
The Deputy Chair of the Security Council presented this report; two related items follow; one related item is under New Business.

The report outlined the current state of the Trust Territories on Maja, and outlined the plans for future development. With Grand Council endorsement, active remediation and reconstruction will commence on 12EDE1; the Grand Council provided this endorsement.

The Grand Council accepted the report; the report is at Attachment C.

Report on the Measures Adopted by the Martian Forum
The Chair of the Council for External Affairs presented this report.

The Chair summed up for the Grand Council the measures presently adopted by the Martian Forum, including the finalisation and acceptance of international boundaries and borders on Mars in Sol-AB, and the remand of the Martian Forum Administrative Zones to the Outer Systems Alliance for security and policing.

The Premier observed that he would prefer to see the OSA retain their current role for the time being, and is stringently opposed to expansion of the sphere of influence of certain indigent polities.

The Grand Council accepted the report; the report is at Attachment D.

Establishment of the Maja Habitat Set
The Minister of the Interior presented this update.

The Minister confirmed that the five habsets to be emplaced at Sol-AB are now in stable orbit around the primary. The habsets will be transferred to the Exarchy of Maja, and for the initial period will be supplying the agricultural needs of the Trust Territories until self-sufficiency can be attained. At that point, the Exarchy Government will determine their next function.

The Grand Council accepted the update; the update is at Attachment E.

Pathogen 34 Containment
The Vice-Minister for the Imperial Defence presented this report.

The Vice-Minister for the Imperial Defence presented a report on the completion of the operation to contain and eliminate the Pathogen 34 outbreak resulting from Heldanian carelessness. VMID advised the Grand Council that the last of the contaminated shuttles and vessels have been destroyed by fleet actions of the ISS.

The Benignity has completed following up on several reports of Pathogen 34 contamination of planetary biospheres in uncontacted polities. Three outbreaks were confirmed; one required complete sterilisation and ablation of the contaminated planet, one required a biosphere purge, while the third was contained successfully to an orbital.

The Premier commended the handling of the matter and urged continuing vigilance.

The Grand Council accepted the report; the report is at Attachment F.

Exchequer’s Report
The Chancellor of the Exchequer presented the accounts of the Realm for the quarter concluding 12EDDF. The Chancellor provided a set of updates to the Grand Council. First, the Chancellor advised that the inflationary target has been successfully met for the quarter. Second, the Chancellor informed the Grand Council that the provision of the new infancy supplement has been successfully absorbed. Third, the Chancellor advised the Grand Council that the new round of acquisitions has resulted in another considerable account surplus, after the claims from Significant and Special Infrastructure are met.

The Chancellor has invited the Grand Council to make submissions for special expenditures.

The Grand Council accepted the accounts; the accounts are at Attachment G.

New Business
Menelmacari Trade Hub – Sol-AB
The Vice-Minister for External Affairs presented this report.

The Menelmacari Ambassador has informed HSMG that they intend to create a trade hub and consolidated customs zone incorporating their GCC Gate terminus. The traffic of the UIK travelling to Maja or the Trust Territories will not need to traverse this customs zone, nor will any traffic of the EAPs bound for Maja or the Trust Territories.

The Grand Council accepted the report; the report is at Attachment H.

Environmental Remediation on Maja
The Ministry for the Interior presented this report.

The report summarised the current environmental state for Maja and outlined the next steps towards full remediation of the biosphere.

The Grand Council accepted the report; the report is at Attachment I.

Hostile galactic entities; update
VMID presented the updated report summarising the current state of hostile entities in the galaxy.

The report notes that there remains one major hostile entity at large in the galaxy, one minor, but three potential (one present potential threat level unknown), with an additional 14 significant pathogenic agents constituting 31 ongoing outbreaks. One additional hostile imitative species is present. None of the known entities pose a credible risk to the UIK, though the EAPs are required to maintain the highest level of quarantine to enjoy a similar level of security.

The major entity is presently being hunted down by the ISS; the minor entity is presently being engaged in the Distal Quadrant. Neutralisation is anticipated within the octet.

An action plan is being formulated to neutralise the unknown potential depending on tolerances. It will be presented to the Security Council at their next meeting and circulated to the Grand Council out of session.

The Grand Council accepted the report; the report is at Attachment J.

Civilisation in IFGC-8074
The Chair of the Security Council presented this report.

The Security Council advised that an indigenous civilisation has been detected in IFGC-8074. The civilisation has been confirmed to be early FTL-capable, with a population of approximately 12.3bn spread across three systems; one system contains the homeworld and is heavily populated, while the second is moderately populated. The third is only sparsely populated and seems to be a newly-established outpost.

The civilisation is following a planet-centric settlement pattern. There is no evidence of serious habitat construction.

Analysis indicates a second civilisation in close proximity; 8074 command is requesting permission to continue to explore and assess this second civilisation.

The Grand Council referred the matter to the Security Council for decision.

The Grand Council accepted the report; the report is at Attachment K.

Non-Agenda Items
Uplifting of non-sophont species
The Chair of the Sophont Rights Council presented the initial deliberations on this matter to the Grand Council. The Grand Council discussed the deliberations in depth. There remains, at present, no clearly articulated position of HSMG on the matter.

The Chair indicated that the next stage, through ambassadors, will be to contact certain aligned nations for consultation.

The Grand Council accepted the report on deliberations; the report is at Attachment L.

Premier’s Remarks on Hostile Entities
The Premier reiterated that is the policy of HSMG that the danger posed by certain entities is such that they must be remediated without any regard for foreign sovereignty or life. A mandate will be sought from the Dáil to give standing effect to this policy

Premier’s Remarks on Various Operations
The Premier noted that several reports regarding various operations have been circulated out-of-session to the Grand Council. These operations, when taken to fruition, will greatly enhance the readiness of HSMAF, the State capacity of the UIK and the resources for this, and the abilities of the people of the UIK. It is imperative that these operations be brought to fruition with all available haste.

The Premier expects full reports and updates on these operations by the next meeting of the Grand Council.

Time acceleration concluded at 09:08 hrs.

Next meeting
The date of the next meeting is scheduled for RKI:12EDE8.

Meeting declared finished at 09:12hrs.

Last edited by Macisikan on Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:55 pm

- - - RELEASED UNDER FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUEST #003-771-424/12EDE2 - - -
MEMO
To: Office of the Secretary, Department of International Trade Relations

Sir Silvanas,

As per the Chancellor’s Report to the Grand Council on 12EDE0, I am pleased to inform you that the foreign currency reserves have attained the level set by the Council for External Affairs on 12EDB1. In primary goal terms, the current holdings of the listed currencies are:
  • Eridani Septims: 102.3%
  • Reichskamphenite Crown: 104.5%
  • Dyellian Shillings: 142.2%
  • Martian Pounds: 105.8%
  • Menelmacari credits: 106.6%
  • Dornalian Dollars: 107.1%
  • Peninsularian Principens: 103.2%
  • Phoenix credits: 109.1%
  • Unionite Hexacredits: 104.8%
  • Nimatojin DiCoins: 135.8%
  • Taraskovyan francs: 101.2%
I am extremely pleased to advise that we have more than doubled the primary goal in unlisted currencies, at having reached a level of [redacted] of the primary goal.

An additional [redacted] in Universal Standard Dollars is currently held.

[redacted]

As per the CEA resolution pertaining to the foreign reserves programme, I am now authorised to release for operations up to two-thirds of each reserved currency. We will, of course, continue to increase the held foreign currency reserves as per the secondary goals.

[redacted]

Kind regards,
J. Aktinal
Baronet Johann Aktinal,
His Serene Majesty’s Resources Commissioner
Vice-Ministry of Resources
Chancellery of the Exchequer

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:03 pm

In this high field strewn with stones
I walk by a green mound,
Its edges sheared by the plough.
Crumbs of animal bone
Lie smashed and scattered round
Under the clover leaves
And slivers of flint seem to grow
Like white leaves among green.
In the wind, the chestnut heaves
Where a man's grave has been.
-Anthony Thwate, The Barrow

Mars, Sol System, Proximal Quadrant
RKI:12EDE5/18:22

240km East of the ruins of Victoriana Hive-2, Trust Territory of Terra Noachis
Mobile Surface Service Security Zone; Site NID1226-481

The first impression was that the terraforming didn’t seem to have quite taken in this part of the world. The stained ochre of the sandy wastes, the mournful sighing of the wind, the dust it stirred, all called to mind the scenes of the long years this planet had spent as a corpse.

An illusion shattered by the metallic skitter of Macisikani surface assets. An observer could have been forgiven for thinking some nightmarish ant’s nest had been disturbed; breaking the skyline, a sharp contrast against the endless blue of the sky, a rotted black hulk peeked through the sands. Around it, the lancers and slicers of the Mobile Surface Service swarmed, their more ponderous cousins endlessly circling the hulk.

The deliberate, animated sounds they made were indicators of life, but something about the way they moved, the noise they made, would have most humans making unkind comparisons to nails on the blackboard. Somehow it suited though. It was the three humanoid shapes stalking towards the wreckage that seemed out of place; their movements too fluid by comparison. The giant metallic spider and spider… things that followed them did not help.

The trio came to a halt only a few metres from where the pitted hull plunged into the sand, staring at it for long, slow moments.

Then one gestured; one of the things scuttled forward, and with neat, economical movements, opened a way in. Another moved into the opening, and burst open, releasing dozens of tiny beetle-like things, things that flew or scuttled deeper in, seeking out suitable perches, suitable places. There was a moment, and then the darkness inside was dispelled as the little beetles settled and began to glow, casting a dim light through the interior.

With that, and followed by both their nightmarish posse and several of the MSS combat servitors, the three figures entered the hulk.

Several hours later, the sounds of skittering were drowned out as transports came from the MSS production bases to the east; more servitors, more of the arachnoid nightmares. And six more of the disturbingly humanoid figures.

MSS Communication Log: Activity 12EDE5/22:11.15-20, site NID1226-481

12EDE5/22:11:15.879131 [A5];We concur; we do believe we have found a Melkorite Sky Furnace.
12EDE5/22:11:17.984611 [A1];I thought they were all accounted for. What in the Holy Monarch’s name is it doing here?

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:50 pm

RKI:12EDE7/12:00

TO: General PowEll, OSA
CC: MSS Commands, Maja
CLASSIFICATION: SECRET

General PowEll,

I am to inform you, on behalf of His Serene Majesty’s Government, that forces of the Outer Systems Alliance attached to the Martian Forum Administrative Zones (MFAZs) may traverse the Trust Territories of the UIK on Mars, including the Canal Zone, en route to their deployments in the MFAZs. The filing of traversal routes and flight plans with the local Mobile Surface Service Commands, and their approval, will be required. Traversal of the Exarchy itself is only authorised with the consent, and at the discretion, of the Exarchy Government.

Transit authorisation for the Trust Territories commences immediately.

Regards,
Knight-Commodore Azash
Force Commander, HSMAF-Sol System
Last edited by Macisikan on Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Macisikan
Ambassador

This post Secret IC

Postby Macisikan » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:45 pm

Minutes of the Meeting of the Grand Council held on 12EDE8.

Meeting brought to order at 10:01.
All present. No apologies.
Deputy Chair of the Security Council attending; Vice-Minister for the Imperial Defence attending; Vice-Minister for External Affairs attending.

Time acceleration commenced at 1:100 at 10:03.

Reading of the minutes of the last meeting
The minutes of the last meeting were read and accepted as being both correct and accurate by a unanimous vote.

Business carried forward from the last meeting
Establishment of the Maja Habitat Set
The Minister of the Interior presented this report.

The Minister of the Interior informed the Grand Council that the Maja Habitats are now fully operational and accepting civilian settlement. All five habsets will be transferred to the Exarchy of Maja in approximately four octets. Further updates will be by exception only.

The Grand Council has accepted the report; the report is at Attachment A.

Environmental Remediation on Maja
The Minister of the Interior presented this report; one related item follows under New Business.

Remediation of the environment in Maja is continuing successfully. In the Argyre Sea 92% of the Pilonese infestation has been removed; the remainder will be destroyed within the Octet. Coordinated action with the Nimatojin, Menelmacari, Eridani, Kajalese, and OSA is anticipated to complete the effective sanitation of the Boreal Ocean within the cycle.

Flora and fauna remediation in the Trust Territories is proceeding satisfactorily.

The Grand Council has accepted the report; the report is at Attachment B.

Civilisation in IFGC-8074
The Deputy Chair of the Security Council presented this report.

The Deputy Chair of the Security Council informed the Grand Council that there has been a third detected civilisation in IFGC-8074. The Command is ascertaining the extent of this civilisation. The Benignity has detected an unusual communications activity pattern in this new civilisation. Further updates will be circulated out-of-session.

The Grand Council has accepted the report; the report is at Attachment C.

Hostile Entities Mandate
The Minister of State presented this report.

The Minister of State informed the Grand Council that the Dáil has granted a standing mandate to remediate existential entities without regard to foreign sovereignty or life. The mandate must be invoked by the Security Council by resolution each time it will be executed. The Dáil has couched the mandate in language indicating that alternative resolution mechanisms are preferable.

The Premier welcomed the mandate and indicated that the exercise of restraint is something he endorses strongly, but he understands that hard choices must be made.

The Grand Council has accepted the report; the report is at Attachment D.

Submissions for Special Expenditures
The Chancellor of the Exchequer presented this report.

The Chancellor announced that fifteen (15) submissions for special expenditures had been received. These have been added to previous submissions for evaluation; all submissions have been approved and will receive resources and funding immediately.

The Chancellor invited additional submissions.

The Grand Council has accepted the report; the report is at Attachment E.

Hostile Galactic Entities Update
The Vice-Minister for the Imperial Defence presented this item; one related item follows in New Business.

VMID informed the council that the major hostile entity noted in the last report has been neutralised. Casualties were insignificant, with the loss of two Escadra; there were no surface assets engaged, and the neutralisation took place away from civilian loci. The minor entity noted in the last report has been engaged and neutralised with no appreciable losses.

There remain 14 significant pathogenic agents constituting 30 outbreaks (one outbreak has subsided).

The hostile imitative species has been neutralised by Benignity action and is now preoccupied with internal conflict.

The Grand Council has accepted the report; the report is at Attachment F.

Exchequer’s Report
The Chancellor of the Exchequer provided an update for the Octet. There was nothing exceptional to report other than what was covered under the Submissions update.

The Grand Council has accepted the update; the update is at Attachment G.

New Business
Trust Territories of Maja; internal security update
The Chair of the Security Council delivered this update.

Operations to maintain security and enforce order on Maja continue on schedule. The Mobile Surface Service has confirmed that Northern half of the Trust Territory of Tsaraine remains at security status green. The MSS confirms that the non-coastal regions of the Trust Territory of Wazzu Elysium are at security status green; the coastal regions are at security status yellow. The Trust Territory of Midlonia remains at security status yellow. The Trust Territory of Pelagic Maja remains at security status orange. The northern and southern quadrants of the Trust Territory of Terra Noachis are at security status green; the eastern quadrant is at security status yellow. The southern half of the Trust Territory of Tsaraine and the western quadrant of the Trust Territory of Terra Noachis are at security status red. The MSS anticipates being able to upgrade these two areas to security status yellow within the octet.

Civilians in the areas are being sheltered in place by MSS assets; casualities among the civilian population remain very light.

The MSS has cleared urban areas in the Trust Territories of Tsaraine, Wazzu Elysium, and Midlonia, and these will be ready for remediation shortly.

The Grand Council has accepted the update; the update is at Attachment H.

Hostile Outsider Entities Containment Action
The Deputy Chair of the Security Council presented this report.

The recent spike in Outsider activity commencing 12EDE1 and advised out of session is continuing, with a total of eleven penetration attempts in the octet. There remain eight ongoing incidents pending resolution.

Causality calculation is ongoing, but present estimations are that casualties remain insignificant. Fleet 1823 has been destroyed completely. Fleet 1824 has been rendered 72% destroyed or non-operational. An additional 84.23M ISS Assets from Fleets 1825-6 are destroyed or otherwise rendered non-operational; 372.12B Unmanned Battalion assets are destroyed or rendered non-operational; 138M toons (including 1.2M organic toons) are destroyed or rendered non-operational; 25.32B(±0.1%) persons of atomic-, early space-, and mechanic age civilisations have experienced permanent death (two civilisations are rendered non-viable and referred to the Council for Subluminal Relations); 41.3B(±0.4%) persons of a limited-stage civilisation have experienced permanent death (civilisation stability has been rendered non-viable).

The Security Council is cautiously optimistic that there will be a positive resolution.

The Foreign Office has been instructed to brief the Republic of Sunset and the Eternal Ascendancy of Menelmacar.

The Security Council has requested to inform the United Species of the Eridani Imperium and the Phoenix Domain of these affairs.

The Grand Council approved the request unanimously.

The Grand Council has accepted the report; the report is at Attachment I.

Menelmacari Projects in Sol-AB
The Vice-Minister for External Affairs presented this report.

The Eternal Ascendancy of Menelmacar is preparing to begin construction of several megaprojects, including the trade hub, in Sol-AB. The Vice-Minister informed the Council that the Council for External Affairs is seeking approval to actively cooperate and collaborate in these projects.

The Grand Council referred the matter for approval to the Security Council.

The Grand Council has accepted the Report; the report is at Attachment H.

Operation Fuchsia Platinum Kitten
The Minister for Science presented this report.

Operation Fuchsia Platinum Kitten is now ready to proceed to operational testing, pending the report to His Undying Majesty.

The Grand Council has accepted the report; the report is at Attachment G.

Non-Agenda Items
Premier’s Remarks on Operation Fuchsia Platinum Kitten
The Premier is pleased that Operation Fuchsia Platinum Kitten is ahead of schedule. The Premier congratulated the relevant bodies for their work, and looks forward to presenting his report on the third stage to His Undying Majesty.

The Premier is especially pleased that this realisation is proceeding without the need for human or other sophont blood sacrifice.

Time acceleration concluded at 11:15.

Next meeting
The date of the next meeting is scheduled for RKI:12EDF0.

Meeting declared finished at 11:17.

Last edited by Macisikan on Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:21 pm

Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators the creator seeks – those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest.
-Freidriech Nietzche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

The Anvil of Man, Tichel System, The Metropole of the UIK
RKI:12EDE9/12:00

Arn-Soleil, Palace of the Prince-Regent
10.10, -5.03 (migrating ENE)

No storm on Earth, not even the worst that the Dead Summer could conjure, was a match for the fury of the Anvil.

The winds whipped around it with such speed that they were actually dragging the surface backwards, a slow, stately turn that caused Tichel to rise in the west.

Then there was the rain; the deluge currently pouring down on the city exceeded anything Noah had witnessed – though if the unfortunate patriarch had been out in this weather, he wouldn’t have been able to appreciate it before being melted alive.

Not that any of it would reach the ground; it was far too hot down there. Hotter than the Kiln, the innermost world of the system. Hotter, even, than Old Venus. They’d checked.

The Ard-Rí tilted his head back, letting the acid wash down him.

Again.

The Holy Monarch let go of his thoughts, allowing the storm to scream around him, watching the clouds curl and twist in their anger.

In his vision, there was an edge before them, a herald of what would come. Behind them; echoes of where they had been. The images blurred, sharpened, blurred again, and… hardened.

Good.

The leading edge of each cloud. The pattern of the rain.

You see now. You comprehend.

He saw the lightning before the leaders even began. And then mundanity crept back. But it wasn’t like before; it was being pushed on him.

Forgive the interruption Majesty; you have a visitor.

Ayivin sighed, closed his eyes, froze in place…

…and opened his eyes inside.

The lights rose, driving back the gloom, revealing his audience; next to him, a small furry being stirred to wakefulness.

“Director-General Kavar. Mezason deMaiska. Lady Thakur,” he said as they bowed. “All three of you at once. Who died?”

It was deMaiska who answered, a smile playing about her lips.

“No-one yet, Majesty,” she said. “But we have a suggestion.”

He listened.

“…you want my permission to test that abomination in physicality,” he said at last. The words, directed at the three who had once been human, wasn’t a question; the question, unspoken, was directed at the little dog that was not a dog.

We have an unparalleled chance to attain valuable data.

Which meant It approved. Of course; if it didn’t, the suggestion would never have been allowed to be made. But the decision was his, his alone.

He stood, and walked to stare out the window at the storm, watching the patterns come and go, watching the lines spin and turn.

“Do it.”

They bowed, and withdrew.

Shall we continue your lesson Majesty?

Behind him, there was a whisper of movement; arms folded around him. A familiar embrace. He leaned into it.

“I think we should continue our lessons,” he said. The embrace took on a surprised tone. “Not alone. Never alone.”

The arms tightened around him.

Never alone. the thought was warm with approval.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:04 pm

Proclamation Dissolving Parliament

Given at the Court at Arn-Soleil, on RKI12EDF6

Present:

The Cenobirach’s Most Serene and Sovereign Majesty in Council.

The following Proclamation was this day read at the Board and approved:

-E. DEMAISKA, MEZASON

By the Ard-Rí of Macisikan

We, Ayivin, Twelfth of our Name, of the House of deMakra, Sovereign of the Union of the United Imperial Kingdoms of Macisikan, etc., acting with the advice of our Imperial Union Government, and of our Council, hereby order and declare as follows:

We are in receipt of a declaration of the Dáil made under Chapter IV Section 19 of the Instrument of Governance, that the Dáil has determined that the interests of these United Imperial Kingdoms would be best served by a dissolution of the Parliament and a general election;

We are in receipt of advice from our Premier and our Council that such measure is endorsed and agreed;

NOWTHEREFORE:

Empowered we are by ancient decree as your Sole Sovereign of these United Imperial Kingdoms, we do employ our royal prerogative here to dissolve the Parliament at once.

FURTHERMORE:

We order our Ministry of State to immediately issue the writs for the election of the Teachtaí Dála, and other Houses of the Parliament, elected, as per their establishing acts, and declare that the elections shall take place on 12EE04, with the first meeting of the Dáil to take place thereafter on 12EE08.

Given under My Hand and Seal, and under the Great Seal of the Realm, on 12EDF6, and in the year of Our Reign the Fourth.

AYIVIN XII
L.S.

His Most Serene Imperial and Royal Majesty, the Ard-Rí Ayivin Uí deMakra, Porphyrogénnētos, Twelfth of that Name; by the Grace of Fate and the Will of the People, Undying Sovereign of the Union of the United Imperial Kingdoms of Macisikan and all its Domains, etc.
Last edited by Macisikan on Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:40 pm

.C. .M. .G. .N.
You are listening to the CMGN International Service. It is RKI.12EDFD/12:00

His Serene Majesty’s Government has confirmed that Lady Isheryt Tyri shall continue her appointment as His Serene Majesty’s Ambassador to the Martian Empire.

The Council for External Affairs has issued a statement welcoming the accession of the Great Civilisation of the C’tan to the Martian Forum as a State Party.

The Council for External Affairs has announced that tourism visas may be considered for the Phoenix Domain and the Great Civilisation of the C’tan; otherwise there will be no changes to the tourism visa policy for the next two octets.

The Council for External Affairs has announced that an agreement with the United Species of the Eridani Imperium regarding the security of the mutual border on Mars should be finalised within the next octet.

The Council for Subliminal Affairs has announced the review of all extant diplomatic arrangements and engagements has completed, and will be issuing its response to the review in the new cycle.

The Ministry of the Interior announces that reconstruction of infrastructure in the Trust Territories of Maja will commence on 12EDFE.

The Ministry of State reminds voters that the electoral rolls will close on 12EE02.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:13 pm

As distances vanish and the people can flow freely from place to place, society will cross a psychological specific heat boundary and enter a new state. No longer a solid or liquid, we have become as a vapor and will expand to fill all available space. And like a gas, we shall not be easily contained.
-Sister Miriam Godwinson, But for the Grace of God

782742-Abydos, Naskuchni System, Metropole of the UIK
RKI:12EDFF/11:55

Kir-Adals, EastZone
Imperial Joint Sciences Research Organisation Research Centre

“You know, I distinctly recall seeing something just like this in an ancient fiction work,” Sir Nefankhy Nalandi, the Regent of the organisation, had that distant quality in his voice of someone trying to recall something they hadn’t read in years. “A boy pulled something out, did something with a… thing… and the thing… was useable,” his hand made a vague gesture.

There was a pause.

“A magic field?” one of the assistant researchers ventured.

“Yes. Something involving magic wands and garbled Latin,” Sir Nefankhy said. “I assume this is not remotely like that?”

“No,” the presenting researcher flicked his tail, “this is a different; more physics than magic. And not the same source of inspiration. As you know, our harmonisation effect tends to negate the jibberings and jabberings of wizards, so we had to look elsewhere,” as he spoke, a set of equations very familiar to the Regent came up.

“Of course,” the human muttered. “So you have worked out a mechanism using these?” he pointed at a pair of seemingly nondescript… blue jeans. No other way to describe them.

“Indeed,” the presenter smiled, ears twitching forward. “We have configured the smartcloth of the garment such that, when it is in contact with a b-form toon, it is able to access several hardlocked storage areas that can contain the objects.”

“Hardlocked to the individual wearing the item?”

“Indeed; in layman’s terms – you cannot access mine, I cannot access yours, and someone who is not driving a b-form cannot access them at all. The access points are coded specifically to neurological signals of the owner and simply will not open for anyone else. Thus; observe,” from his left pocket, the researcher produced…

“A set of antique keys,” Sir Nefankhy’s voice had the tone of someone who knew this wasn’t all of it. “Handy for our friends in the Benignity, but not so much for outside applications. Unless…”

“Unless,” the presenter smiled, and reached into his right pocket. “The process is simple; reach into your pocket, desire the object you have inserted in, and…”

The Regent’s mouth dropped open.

“Is there a maximum upper size?” he asked, gently poking at the result.

“Yes. Determined by the ability of your interface; the toon you are currently driving is able to see beyond the visible spectrum. Sir, if you would be so kind…?”

The Regent obligingly allowed his vision to shift.

“Now, observe,” the presenting researcher reached for the machine he’d pulled from his pocket – lines reaching out from his hand to wrap around it, solidifying, connecting, shrinking. And then the flash as it was deposited.

“There are limitations,” the presenter said. “For example; I cannot hold it outside for very long at all, and at present, only non-biologicals are suited. But,” there was another spectacular lightshow as the process was reversed. “Mechanicals, electronics, they all work.”

“Thus, the b-toon specification,” the Regent nodded. “Very clever. Very useful. You’d never need to find a parking space again.”

“Indeed; personalised transport becomes so much more readily available with this function. And because it’s deep-coded, there’s no need for detailed training, or even conscious intervention.”

The Regent nodded.

“Is this production ready?”

“Oh yes. Following patent registry, we can license to the major manufacturers and begin mass production. And before you ask; yes, Sir Tlasorn’s people are aware. We await only your approval.”

“You have it.”

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:13 pm

Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gommorah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven;
And he overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground.
Genesis 19:24-25, the Conclave Bible

Site Quokka
RKI:12EE03/17:53

[location classified]
HSMAF/Benignity Black Site

He hated it here. The Site was such a long way from anywhere; even when the brilliant crackling primary was out of sight, there was… nothing. Just darkness, relieved only by the distant smear of a far-away galaxy.

That wasn’t why he hated it.

He hated it because the simulation was always so cold. And not just vaguely chilly; the kind of cold that lodged into your bones and made you wish for a hot bath. It made no sense at all; the simulation could be any temperature they desired, and what it was representing was so close to the overactive primary that it was hot enough outside to melt lead. And it wasn’t like the inside needed to be human-tolerant either. In fact, for what they were doing, the less so, the better.

But even that he could have tolerated if it wasn’t for the fact that he was stuck here. “The reward for a job well done was more work” – and he was very good at what he did.

And Site Quokka was absolutely perfect for what they were using it for now. So distant, so easy to sever, to hide away.

To dispose of.

“Force Commander? They’re ready for you now.”

With a shudder, the virtual became real; physical eyes in a physical world opened, and he stepped forward into absolute silence. Everything here was in silence; sound didn’t travel in a vacuum after all. It wasn’t necessary for the place to be human-friendly. In fact, it was preferred that it not be – not the room, not the ring, not the entire little pocket they’d made for this specific purpose.

Speaking of the ring – at the moment it was dark, still. Someone with a taste for ancient entertainment had designed it. The hollow in the middle showed only the wall behind. Unlike the designer’s sketches, it would merely show an inky black surface when active, not a shimmering pool of water.

The Force Commander watched as they brought forth the last component, and placed it into the box; from the ceiling, the spiderlike assembler descended to begin working. No sooner had it begun, then without warning the hologram snapped into being. One moment it wasn’t, the next, it was. Quite astonishing, that such a friendly animal could look so… intimidating. Well, it was six feet tall; it stared intently at the box for long minutes, at the rise and fall of the delicate instruments.

Then the assembler drew back, and… there it was. The device.

Such a small thing. Tiny, really. So strange a fate that so much soul-searching and doubt would be suffered so small a thing. Such a little thing.

I am not given to ostentatious displays; only factual ones.

The words arrived as a memory; he remembered having thought them, having heard them, without actually doing so. It was unnerving.

Internally, a clock ticked over.

“Proceed,” he ordered.

Outside, the power of the star was collected, concentrated, and funnelled through and in. Before them, the ring span; the inner circuit going one way, the outer going the other way.

The dog wrinkled its nose in mild disapproval.

The wall in the hollow shimmered, and turned dark, and the door opened. Quiet. Unassuming. They did not want attention here. Not for this. There would be enough of that soon.

Almost reverently, the device was lifted, and carried through.

We await only the final clearance.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:16 pm

ANCHOR-Macisikan
amt.co.mcn
News>UIK News>The Throneworld
Counting Concludes
General Election Results Announced
Dakrati Tenifir in Saragova
The Arn-Maciska Times
The First Newspaper: serving the Ancestral City, and through it, the Realm

Voting has completed in the special election called on 12EDF6 for the Dáil, and the results were announced a short time ago by the Electoral Commission.

The special election of the Dáil was called following the amalgamation of several factions and the break-up of the National Prosperity Foundation. Faction Leaders have indicated that the power-sharing arrangements put in place prior to the election will remain in effect, subject to some minor adjustments.

There has been no clear big winner of the realignment. The Board of Studies, which saw its share of the Dáil rise to 143 seats, continues to be the single largest faction in the chamber. The second place is occupied by the Premier’s Order of the Burning Star on 91 seats, but there is only one seat between it and the next runner-up, the Macisikani Future Movement. Only one seat separates that party from the Peace and Order Initiative on 89, with only nine seats between it and the Unity League on 78 seats; just three seats separates that party from the Conclave of Sacred Traditions on 76 seats, while the new Future Prosperity Coalition makes a respectable showing on 33 seats. There are no independent or non-aligned seats in the current Dáil.

The House of Kingdoms will announce the results of the delegation appointments tomorrow.

The 120 members of the Ascendancy Chamber has mostly mirrored the outcomes of the Dáil – the Unity League did perform better than the Order (20 seats to 17), and the Conclave performed much better, narrowing the gap considerably, but otherwise the order of factions was unchanged. The House of Peoples has seen independents aligned with the Board of Studies and Unity League do especially well.

Although the Continuing Committee has announced it has no intention of recalling the Premier, a cabinet reshuffle has been confirmed as under consideration; we will know for sure by the end of the octet.

The new Dáil will meet on 12EE08.

(c) CMGN
Academic citation: Tenefir, D., [RKI.12EE04] Counting Concludes: General Election Results Announced, The Arn-Macisika Times, Crown Media Group Network, United Imperial Kingdoms of Macisikan; http://www.amt.co.mcn/news/UIKNews/dakr ... _concludes
Last edited by Macisikan on Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:41 am

The signals are red,
The runes glow blue,
This train is being held at the platform,
While we work out what to do.
TLF Travel Alerts, 14 Feb 2019

Mars, Sol System, Proximal Quadrant
RKI:12EE09/12:45

Sub-Level 12, Ruins of the Ladon Arcology, Trust Territory of Wazzu Elysium (UIK)
Ladon Arcology Planetary MagLev Station

Damp. Clammy. Moist.

And cold.

The Boreal Ocean had laid siege to this place years ago, and was slowly but surely winning its way into the station. In several locations the walls displayed unfinished rust-red rocks – proud reminders of the Martian heritage. Or, rather, they should have; the rock had disappeared beneath layers of slime and ooze. In places where the lights still worked, it was thicker and more vibrant, often giving way to moss.

In the darker areas, it was black.

Only the most desperate – or stupid – of the fallen arcology’s inhabitants ventured this far down. Not because of any horror living down here, no. The last of those was even now a cooling lump of corpse meat impaled on the serrated limbs of His Serene Majesty’s harvestmen.

No, the true danger of this place was far more pedestrian; areas of the floor that could give way. Lights that went out without warning, leaving one to stumble around in the dark. The small fact that structural damage had left it a damned maze. Simple fact was, if you went down here alone, it was going to be a one-way trip. Assuming you didn’t stumble into a yawning pit and drown in icy water, or a pocket of bad air and asphyxiate, you’d never be able to find your way back.

Deep inside, near an area that had once been a food court serving travellers, the only sound was the occasional drip of water, the plink of a droplet onto tiles. Or bones. Emergency lights struggled valiantly to shed some illumination. It could almost be called peaceful.

There was no warning; one moment, quiet darkness, the next, harsh light stabbing down. Silence, then the hum of machinery as the roof was torn away.

The Interior Ministry’s constructors had arrived, part of the project conceived in first in Arn-Mendes, and signed off on in Saragova, to rehabilitate the entire coast.

A lighting fixture, its grip on the ceiling already tenuous, surrendered to gravity as more of the ceiling was peeled back and punched through the floor into the utility level beneath.

Let the eye of perspective rise up, past the servitors hard at work tearing apart the sub-levels, past the executive overseers observing the work from their vantage points.

Up and down the coast the scene is being repeated; the ruins of yesteryear have been thoroughly scanned and cleansed, and they are universally unsound. Even on Mars the sea is a harsh mistress.

West of the construction site, more great machines are at work; dredgers, clearing the first link of the canal that will connect the Boreal Ocean to the Argyre Sea. North, the first great conical arcologies in the Macisikani style have already been raised, and are welcoming their first residents.

A few paltry years earlier, these people eked out a living from among the wreckage now being torn down, dodging Pilonese escapees, and each other; then they had cowered in fear as the Mobile Surface Service swept through the area, securing it in the name of the Macisikani Sovereign.

Now they were enjoying steady meals, hot water, air conditioning, and the sure knowledge that nothing would try to eat them in their beds.

Many had even found work tearing down their old homes – or erecting their new ones. And the best part? It was easy, safe work too. No chance of being crushed or mutilated on the job.

It was morning in the Trust Territories of the UIK.

At least as far as these people were concerned. Further east, there was another story to tell.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:54 pm

MEETING AGENDA
12EE0C

1. Welcome and Apologies

2. Minutes of the previous meeting

Business Arising from the Previous Meeting
3. Security Incident in the Trust Territory of Midlonia

4. Visa allocation assessments; issuing of allocations

5. Civilisation in IFGC-8074; confirmation of contacts, future directions

6. Non-Sophont Uplift; consultation plans

New Business
7. Invitation to the Second Triumvirate of Yut as an Associate Member (related item follows)

8. Selection of the Ambassador to the Second Triumvirate of Yut

9. Accession of the Phoenix Domain to the Martian Forum as a State Party (statement of welcome)

10. Accession of the Great Civilisation of the C’tan to the Second Triumvirate of Yut as a State Party (statement of welcome)

11. Rumours of the destruction of the Tzekian Empire.

12. Martian Empire Annexation of the Planum Australae Quarantine Zone; Forum Vote

Non-Agenda Items

Close

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:11 pm

.C. .M. .G. .N.
The Crown Media Group Network: "Without Bias Or Distortion"
You are listening to the CMGN International Service. It is RKI.12EE0D/0800.

Several Announcements from Saragova follow.

The Security Council has confirmed a security incident in the Trust Territory of Midlonia with potential impact on the United Species of the Eridani Imperium and notified that polity.

The Council for External Affairs has issued a statement confirming the accession of the UIK to the Second Triumvirate of Yut as an Associate Member, and naming Lord Hetu Sakir, 4th Earl Sakir, son of the Margrave Dominic Sakir, as His Serene Majesty’s Envoy to the Second Triumvirate.

The Council for External Affairs has issued a statement welcoming the Phoenix Domain to the Martian Forum as a State Party.

The Council for External Affairs has issued a statement welcoming the Great Civilisation of the C’tan to the Second Triumvirate of Yut as a full member.

The Council for External Affairs has announced that the aid package for the Martian Empire will come up for renewal on 12EE10.

The Council for External Affairs has announced the reestablishment of the Protocol Office.

The Council for Subliminal Affairs has announced its response to the review of all extant diplomatic arrangements and engagements and will begin rationalisation on 12EE10.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:30 pm

.C. .M. .G. .N.
The Crown Media Group Network: "Without Bias Or Distortion"
You are listening to the CMGN International Service. It is RKI.12EE0F/12:00.

The Court of Light welcomes Ambassador, the Senior Captain Aleksis Nevalainen from the Fenvarian Republic.

Lady Tamatu Kemish has been appointed His Serene Majesty’s Ambassador to the Fenvarian Republic. Her Excellency will take up his appointment on 12EE10.

The Council for External Affairs has confirmed the Tezekian Empire has been destroyed.

The Council for External Affairs has issued a statement welcoming the Fenvarian Republic to the Martian Forum as an observer state.

The Council for External Affairs has confirmed aid to the Martian Empire terminates on 12EE18.

Last edited by Macisikan on Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:46 pm

caveat venditor

City of Anthuarl, 1317 Ursae III, “Wogni's World”
1317 Ursae System, Distal Quadrant
RKI: 12EE19/14:43

Iskellian Markets
The mechanical stench of the place put him in mind of a wine; a complex bouquet of coolant, grease, oil, scorched metals, and the perspiration of a dozen races.

He hated wine.

His mood wasn’t helped by the fact that he’d been here for the better part of four hours now, stalking between the rows of ships and wares, all of dubious providence, all for sale. And it was only now that he’d finally seen what he was after. To most, the fairly beaten hulk that was his current objective was barely worth the look, but to listen to the broker, it was stupendous. Amazing. Fantastic.

He couldn’t shake the feeling that the broker was doing an impression of someone.

He eyed the ship, and requested the tour, thankful he was able to turn down his olfactory sense. The urchin that was summoned to show him up and down the rustbucket looked like he’d heard of bathing, once, and was disgusted by the idea; not that slaves were often afforded that luxury down here. At least he could delegate the annoying interaction parts to the personality matrix this body was based on. It actually enjoyed this. It was designed to after all.

What followed was a solid two hours of spectating from inside his own head as the matrix had their shared body crawling in and out and up and down and all over the damn hulk. Finally, it was satisfied, and delivered the verdict to him. Satisfactory.

Very well, he told it. Proceed.

An inquiry was made.

The broker named a figure.

He named a lower one.

The broker countered with a higher one, and made an appeal involving starving children.

He countered with a slightly lower one.

The broker implied the existence of a starving spouse and offered a higher one.

He replied with a lower one.

The broker noted parents with dire medial needs and made a marginally higher one.

He put forward another figure, with a note of finality.

The broker declared that his family was consigned to penury, and accepted the offer.

Instructions were delivered; a document was notarised, and he was now the proud owner of this… whatever it was. He could feel the matrix’s barely restrained joy; appearances had to be maintained, so he let it drive for the time being.

He mentally sat back, produced the crossword, and let the body get to work.

Another job well done. The Benignity would be pleased with the outcome.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:27 pm

Therefore thus saith the Lord:
“I will rend it with a stormy wind in
in My fury; and there shall be a ovverflow-
ing shower in Mine anger, and great
hailstones in Mine fury to consume it.”
-Ezekiel 13:13, The Conclave Bible

CLASSIFIED: TOP SECRET

THE UNIVERSITY OF THE VALE OF WINDS
RKI.12EE53

Directed M-dimensional Discordant Loci Bounded by a Hyperspatial Defect In Practical Systems
Djahate Azash, Puweni Ippur, Mirushu Arqash, Amendjer Garé, Hribre Garé, Pedamy Kadu, Messisu Kemish, Ateneris Susa, and Amesed Iraqadash

Abstract

We work on theory first postulated during the Pre-Penumbral Period by Penrose[1], noted in fictional works by Getchell et al.[2], and then later developed by Eshnur [4, 5] and Carcho et al. [6, 7, 8], and their collaboration [9], in the field of directing M-dimensional discordant loci. Although Eshnur worked primarily with momentum-induced direction [4, 5], a method perfected during the collaboration with Carcho et al.[9] that combined the two methodologies, and Carcho et al. primarily focused on energy-encouraged direction [6, 8], the use of a hyperspatial defect to bound the directive focus and induce momentum was first employed by Goza et al. [10, 11].

In our development, we drew on that research from Goza et al.[10, 11] and collaborated with Arqar and Ukin in their miniaturisation proposals [12, 13, 14]. Although the outcomes of that work are beyond the scope of this paper, valuable data was gathered to enable us to approach Uciad et al. to work on combining their prior work on combined applied subspace mapping and its practical uses [15, 16] to identify intersections and collaborations with our own project.

In this paper we detail the results of practical tests at Site Fulvous Red Crayfish, noting that although the process is currently onerous to execute and difficult to control, thereby presently being unsuitable for active deployment purposes, we cautiously anticipate no more than ten cycles at our present rate of advancement before the first mobile testing phase commences; although there will be considerably more time until active deployment may be contemplated.

CLASSIFIED: TOP SECRET

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:10 am

ISS Command Logs: Activity 12EE55/02:27:10-02:27:13, node 11FE

12EE55/02:27:10.235550;High Command to Khanak-Hatep Command: Reconfirm last message.
12EE55/02:27:10.272911;Grand Duchy of Cadaseth Command to High Command: Local authority requests to refer pirates to the Benignity for processing.
12EE55/02:27:10.513341;Maja Central Command to High Command: Status update on Trust Territory pacification attached.
12EE55/02:27:10.720485;Kashoy Grand Anchorage to High Command: Combat operations succesful. Intruder incursion quelled. Purging remnants. Casuality list attached.
12EE55/02:27:10.929464;Ying Shan Anchorage to High Command: Request authorisation to rebase Oort-based assets in-system to Ying Shan.
12EE55/02:27:11.123513;High Command to Site Quokka: Clearance granted. Commence operation Lead Lime Bulldog immediately.
12EE55/02:27:11.488828;High Command to Orran Grand Anchorage: Authorisation to commence Operation Aqua Nigrine Python granted by Security Council. Initiate deployment immediately.
12EE55/02:27:11.627684;Khanak-Hatep Command to High Command: Confirmed last. Indigenous radio-capable civilisation at stël IFGC-8074-148FD27, spöb {C0665C7D-B347-40EB-8D75-F289F29A4ED1} has undergone exctinction event. Cause unknown. Full datafile attached. Secondary site still active.
12EE55/02:27:11.847280;LHS-288 Command to High Command: Stage One ring completed. Commencing Stage Two construction.
12EE55/02:27:12.707800;Ambassador-General to High Command: request escorts for consular deployment to Lakon System (details attached).
12EE55/02:27:12.291538;Primus Yards Azure 3 to High Command: Construction order to replace lost assets at Kashoy received. ETTC: 4Oc.
12EE55/02:27:12.505507;High Command to Maja Central Command: Continue Pilonite eradication efforts. Remand any further Melkorite findings to MCC for action. Non-feral Orcs to be evaluated on case-by-case basis.
12EE55/02:27:12.743476;High Command to Khanak-Hatep Command: Dispatch patrol group to survey, confirm, and investigate. Place all sub-commands on alert. Deploy protective force to secondary site to secure, contain, and protect ASAP.
12EE55/02:27:12.920627;High Command to Grand Duchy of Cadaseth Command: request referred to Ata Vanak.
12EE55/02:27:13.129786;Ermar Grand Anchorage to High Command: Confirm arrival of Tzekian Habitat at site Janus Ladybug. All inhabitants confirmed clean and clear. Local leadership requesting contact with Vice-Minister, External Affairs.
12EE55/02:27:13.234109;High Command to Ying Shan Anchorage: Authorisation granted.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates