NATION

PASSWORD

The Royal Garden Party (Open)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
The Ernestine Empire
Attaché

Founded: May 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

The Royal Garden Party (Open)

Postby The Ernestine Empire » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:12 pm

“A good myth is worth two divisions.”
Ernest II Philopator

The pigeons shifted uncomfortably as they perched upon the statue of Jan August Szewczyk, who stared down with dispassionate stone eyes upon the lands in which he had only spent a short time over two centuries ago. Yet it was upon those weeks that absolutely everything in the Ernestine Empire, including the country itself, rested. For it was Szewczyk, by far the greatest military mind of his generation, that had torn down the old and rotting petty kingdoms and republics that had made up much of the continent at that time. He was called by many a usurper, the shoesmith from a half-peasant family, but victory has its own reward and his many critics were ultimately forced to bend the knee and pay homage to him as Emperor of the vast territories over which he held sway. It might have been the start of a great and glorious dynasty, or it might have been the hubris before nemesis, but either way history would never know, for at the height of his success he fell from his horse and perished, the first and only occupant of that Imperial Throne that his will alone had created. A proportion of those lands of into which Szewczyk had broken reverted to the older polities from which they had formed; but others still were divided between the Emperor’s capricious generals, each of whom sought to emulate the glory of their former master and all of whom fell short. Most of those fiefdoms were now gone, lost to the ages like Nineveh and Tyre, but not the dominions of Ernest, Marshal of the Empire and one of the finest cavalry commanders of that bloody age.

Ernest’s cut of the profits endured to this day, held together by the sometimes steady hand of his successors against the ravages of nationalism and entropy. That burden now fell upon Ernest VII Soter II, who looked down upon the statue of the the general on which the pigeons sat, and silently lamented the yoke that cruel ancestry had bestowed on him.

“I think,” said the king, his pale and watery eyes continuing to look upon the accidental founder of his particular dominion, “That I should like a garden party.”

A flash of confusion appeared upon the face of Sir Bogomil Tanchev, the King’s Private Secretary, before experience and protocol kicked in to return his features to a neutral expression. He bowed deeply.

“An excellent suggestion Your Majesty,” he said, “And one, if you don’t mind me saying, that speaks of great and profound wisdom. I would hesitate to comment, however, that this laudable proposition does not, in the first instance, appear to be altogether connected which the subject of our discussions, which was the failure of the Duke of Starogard to form a new administration.”

The king turned back from the window and, with a royal sweep of the hand, dismissed such trivialities. “I’m sure old Starograd,” began the King languidly, “Will be able to sort something out. Unless…” the King perked up in his chair, “Unless the time has come for more direct rule?”

Tanchev shot up like a rocket. “No!” he cried. “No, I don’t think that will be necessary Sire, the more formal administration of the realm is such a tedious and tiresome affair that it is best left to men such as His Grace who devote themselves to such thankless tasks.” It was a truth universally acknowledged that the King had some good points but that he wasn’t capable of running a post office, let alone a country; which was a shame because much of the Empire’s constitution (if it could be called that) was dependent on a strong monarch. A strong and capable monarch. Much of the royal administration was therefore designed to prevent exactly that; a royal administration.

Having caught the bait, the King was not to be dissuaded. “No no Tanchev, it’s what this country needs, the smack of firm government.” That last bit was not his phrase but rather that of his late father the King; who was at least capable of enlightened despotism until he, and the rest of the royal yacht, were scattered across Lake Dubrava by a bomb.

The King stood and began to move across his office towards a model of a city that stood against the wall. “This is just the opportunity,” he began, “To finally sort out the problems with the drainage.” The model showed the king’s vision for the redevelopment of the capital and consisted mainly of grotesque triumphal arches, soaring statues of himself and his predecessors, a hall so large no one could understand what it was to be used for and a monorail. Tanchev did not have much time. He leapt across the office with as much energy as his old bones would allow and, gently putting an arm around the royal shoulders, directed his liege towards the window. “About this garden party, sire,” he said, “A capital idea, when were you thinking of holding it? I should think the weather at this time of year would be excellent.”

“But,” began the king, “the drains…” His protestations were, however, in vain as Tanchev talked over him.

“Any later,” continued Tanchev with the perseverance of a tank brigade, “And the summer heat might be too much. Who were you thinking of inviting?”

“Oh,” said the king. He looked out the window at the pigeons in the square below and the gathering clouds on the horizon. “Looks like rain.”

Tanchev’s expression was fixed. “The invitations sir.”

“Oh,” said the king, again, “Everyone I would think. Anyone who would come. Good opportunity to mingle, wouldn’t you say?”

The secretary smiled. “An excellent opportunity sir.”

To whom it may concern:

The Lord Chamberlain is commanded by
Their Majesties to invite you
to a garden party at the Royal Palace

Novaurbo, the Lands of the Crown of Ernest I Nicator (Ernestine Empire)

Ooc: Hello, you may remember me as the NS player behind such countries as Uncle Noel and Leagran. I thought I might steal an idea from Excalbia (I'm not Excalbia just for reference) of having a "peaceful, diplomatic role-play". I'm happy for anyone to join but if you want to ask permission, or submit your character's dietary requirements, then feel free to send me a TG. This is just an opportunity on my part to do something a little different and as a way of introducing a new nation.
Last edited by The Ernestine Empire on Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:24 pm

The Heavenly Emperor of Amenria sits on his throne, taking a short break from his job by watching a cat video on his holographic screen. Just as he was about to return to tend to the empire's problems, a small, red light on his watch blinked as it beeped. He pressed a button on it and the hologram of a short-haired woman appeared. "Your Majesty.." the woman bowed before continuing her sentence. "We have received an invitation to a garden party. A nation known as the Ernestine Empire in another Earth. How will you respond?"

"Hmm.." the monarch said as he stroked the smooth skin on his chin. "What information does House Kirigakure have on them?" "Nothing yet, Your Majesty. They are on an Earth we have never had contact with. That's why I was going to suggest you have a noble from another House to-" "No, Helen. If they're up to no good, a mere noble would get seriously hurt. I'll go. With my physiology, I bet they'll never hurt me." He smirked a bit. "Besides, what better way to establish relations with another nation besides meeting their leader yourself? Tell them we're coming, please." "As you wish, Your Majesty. Anything else?" "Kindly please get me some cheese chips and a vanilla milkshake. Thanks, mate."
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Kuronami
Minister

Founded: Nov 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:50 pm

Caloris, Three Weeks Prior to the Party

Sitting at her desk looking over each new piece of legislation carefully , Finé sighed a bit. It was indeed tough being Empresses, even tougher was when a nice invitation to a party would have to be declined by her personally but she had other commitment she could not break. But Kuronami was not content with sitting out any occasion when possible, especially a nation where they didn't have official ties established as of yet. A gentle rap on her door sparked her attention. "Come!" She called and entered her foreign minister, Benio Hanamura. Officially, she was known as The Royal Agent of State, which was the Empire's equivalent of a cabinet Secretary or Minister.

Bowing before her Empress she promptly asked "You summoned me, Milady Eylstadt?" Whatever it was she hoped it wasn't some kind of major crises.

"Thank you for coming, Benio, please sit for a moment. I have an assignment for you. A party is being hosted by The Ernestine Empire. An open invite has been sent to nations to attend. I would like you to please go." She handed her the invite.

"Of course, Milady but I must say I'm surprised. You're usually the social butterfly among the nation's top brass of government."

finé let out a chuckle "I know, I know, you know me, I love a good party, especially one I can get away with my dear Izetta as such I'm quite swamped here. The National Assembly suddenly kicked into overdrive with legislation and I need to travel to Hang-Gang at the end of the week to meet with the Domain Lord."

"I understand." From the pocket of her kimono, Benio pulled out her trusty notepad, one of a a few dozen she carried around on her. "Any particular instructions for me?"

"Nothing too serious, it's a pretty basic meet and mingle event with an open invite you'll likely see many nations there. See what information you can gather, let me know who has direct ties with the Empire and who is still unfamiliar."

"As you wish."

"I'll leave it up to you, if you want any security along. I'm always sure nations are very apt about ensuring everyone's safety."

"Perhaps one NPF Agent will serve me well."

"You sure you want an NPF Agent? I'm willing to lend you anyone of the Royal Protection Force, Bianca could easily summon up one."

"No need, Milady. A simple officer will do me well."

"All right. If there's any other issues you know to call me."

"Yes, Milady. Thank you for picking me." She stood and bowed to her Empress and parted her office.

Royal Palace Day of the Party

After a few days of housekeeping and assuring her Deputy would be ready she set off on her trip not really dressing formal just her usual attire. She was a girl of the East and she still dressed like it. And given it was a garden party and not something like a dinner or ball it seemed safe to say this wasn't a black-tie-event. All in all Benio looked absurdly youthful, many mistook her for a teenager rather than a foreign minister. This country was still something of a mystery to her, her intelligence gathering didn't yield much beyond usual publicly known facts so this trip and party invitation was a good chance to learn more about the country.

"Good afternoon," She bid to whomever would show her the way "I'm here for the party. I'm the Agent of State from the Kuronami Empire. Your invitation was sent to us. My Empress sends her regrets she was unable to attend personally so I'm here in her stead."

The Ernestine Empire
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Ernestine Empire » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:18 pm

The Palace Gardens

A warm breeze rustled the marquee as the band of the Brigade of Guards made one last check that their instruments were tuned and that their selection of light music was in order. The officers of the household ran through their checklists to make sure that the refreshments, canapes and snipers were in position. Standing alone in the pre-party maelstrom stood a man, too important to arrive with the guests but too not sufficiently grand to wait with the rest of the Royal Family in the palace. The Duke of Starogard stood in austere and splendid silence; sovereign lord of all he surveyed, for the Empire needed a firm hand on the tiller, and if that was not to come from the King then he would make sure it would come from the Prime Minister.

Or, at least, it would if a new government would be formed, but the last election had further fragmented the field as voters increasingly opted for those narrower parties that represented their own particular linguistic groups. Coalitions talks had been compared to the herding of cats, though many had argued that this was unfair to cats. His Grace’s isolation was interrupted by the presence of another man, whose scarlet and gold uniform was garish enough to be seen from space.

“Whatho Starogard,” greeted the other man, since both had surnames that neither had much need for, “I didn’t see you at the Bišofsverda hunt, have you been unwell?”

The Duke regarded the other man, the Master of the horse, with contempt. He was an aristocrat who hated other aristocrats, though it was difficult to say who he did like. “I was busy with affairs of state,” snapped the Duke, “I haven’t the time for all that Prešporok.”

If Lord Prešporok was offended, he did not purport to show it. “Oh,” said the Master of the Horse, “You still busy with your hobby?” The Duke glared. “It’s not a hobby, I’m trying to actually contribute something to society rather than being a drain on it.”

Prešporok straightened out his moustache. “Strikes me as damn queer thing to do with your time if you ask me” he said. “Arguing and bartering with the sons of timber merchants; ‘I’llI support your change to the fish quotas if you back my taking a pfenig off the income tax’. But each to their own I suppose. Have you ever thought about collecting stamps?”

The Duke, who hadn’t been doing anything before the Master of the Horse had arrived, was too busy for this. “No,” he growled, “I haven’t thought about collecting stamps.”

Lord Prešporok continued cheerily, therefore irritating the Prime Minister even more. “Maybe you should,” he said, “I didn’t think I would like it but it’s very addictive if you give it the time.” Over the Duke’s shoulder Lord Prešporok spotted the Lord High Steward, with whom he much preferred to talk than this cold fish Starogard. “Well, must dash,” he said, “Cheerio.”
________

"Good afternoon," She bid to whomever would show her the way "I'm here for the party. I'm the Agent of State from the Kuronami Empire. Your invitation was sent to us. My Empress sends her regrets she was unable to attend personally so I'm here in her stead."

The equerry, dressed in the light blue of an air force officer, regarded the foreign minister for a moment and then inspected the clipboard he held in his hand. “Benny-o Hamandamoo?” he asked, butchering the pronunciation of her name, “You’re a little early I’m afraid maam, the majority of the guests haven’t arrived yet, but come with me; I will show you in.” The equerry lead the Agent of State through a colonnade and into the Palace Gardens. Though she was early there were still small groups that clustered around the edge of a great green lawn. “Their Majesties will arrive in about an hour, but can I get you anything in the meantime.” He motioned towards the solitary man who, like the others was dressed in formal court wear, stood by himself on that great lawn. “The Prime Minister, his grace the Duke of Starogard, has already arrived if you wish to speak with him before any other visiting dignitary then, I would suggest, that now is your chance.” Like a baton relay a waiter appeared and so the equerry took his leave and returned to his post at the inner gate.

Kuronami
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:14 pm

The Ernestine Empire wrote:The equerry, dressed in the light blue of an air force officer, regarded the foreign minister for a moment and then inspected the clipboard he held in his hand. “Benny-o Hamandamoo?” he asked, butchering the pronunciation of her name, “You’re a little early I’m afraid maam, the majority of the guests haven’t arrived yet, but come with me; I will show you in.” The equerry lead the Agent of State through a colonnade and into the Palace Gardens. Though she was early there were still small groups that clustered around the edge of a great green lawn. “Their Majesties will arrive in about an hour, but can I get you anything in the meantime.” He motioned towards the solitary man who, like the others was dressed in formal court wear, stood by himself on that great lawn. “The Prime Minister, his grace the Duke of Starogard, has already arrived if you wish to speak with him before any other visiting dignitary then, I would suggest, that now is your chance.” Like a baton relay a waiter appeared and so the equerry took his leave and returned to his post at the inner gate.

Benio chuckled a bit at them attempting to say her name, it was difficult indeed for foreigners to say her name, even difficult for some of her own countrymen. "Ah I suppose I am. Being able to talk to him would be great. Tea would also be nice if you have any, otherwise just water will do." She made her way to the man pointed out to her, there he was standing alone. "Ah good, afternoon." She greeted herself "I'm quite early so I figure I'd have a chat with someone. I'm Hanamura, I'm the foreign minister of Kuronami."

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:15 pm

Indianapolis, Indiana
One week before the party

Brandon Jones, Grand General of the Hoosier Armed Forces and dictator of the Hoosier Alliance, sat alone in his office behind his large oak desk. At that moment, Jones was going through a number of reports that had been dropped off by his secretary a few minutes before. As he rested in his leather swivel chair, Jones read the reports one by one. It was mostly a collection of documents that informed him of how various projects were going, if they were on schedule and/or if they were on budget. Jones sighed when he heard the knock on the door, "Enter," he said simply. His secretary walked in, her heels making no noise on the carpeted floor. She continued forward until she reached his desk and placed a note in front of him.

"You have been invited to a party, sir," she began, "The king of the Ernestine Empire has sent out a general invitation to many world leaders to attend a garden party. Should a send a response?" Brandon Jones thought for a moment, setting down his pen and clasping his hands. "Hmmmm....When is the party?" he asked. The secretary spoke, "One week from today, sir." Jones leaned back in his chair as he considered it. He did feel a little overworked, and it had been some time since he last when to a large social gathering that wasn't with a collection of his high ranking military officers and advisers. "Alright," Jones said with a chuckle, "Tell them I'll be there." As she turned to leave, Jones spoke once more, "And darling, how about you get everything ready, contact who you need to. I'll be arriving by jet and make sure Lee gets a security detail." He was referring, of course, to Four-Star General Mark Lee, one of his most trusted generals. Jones was thinking a squad of the Hoosier Army's finest would do well, to remain with the jet and such. An officer would likely accompany Jones pretty much everywhere he went, for protective purposes.

Day of the party

Brandon Jones had just arrived to the Royal Palace after a few hours of flying. Jones was dressed in his formal military uniform, showing off a few medals his had earned in his days fighting for the Hoosier Republic, before he had seized power. It was just him and his escort, an officer by the name of Robert Kendrick. The officer was also in his formal uniform, although without any medals. This was due to being a bit more humble than his superior, rather than lacking them to wear. Officer Kendrick carried with him a P320 sidearm for protection.

When Jones and Kendrick were brought into the Palace, Jones introduced them both. "I am Brandon Jones, Grand General of the Hoosier Alliance. This is Officer Robert Kendrick. He is here as an escort. I do hope it is alright that he is armed, merely a precaution that I hope you can understand. We are here to have a nice time and to meet some new officials from nations we hope we can have warm relations with. Now, where will you have us?"
I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery
- Thomas Jefferson
What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms
- Thomas Jefferson
Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it
-Mark Twain
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
- Benjamin Franklin
To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them
-George Mason
I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people.
-George Mason

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:24 pm

A bright light appeared on the Ernestine sky. The shilhouette of a winged man can be seen, stretching his arms. While nearby spectator watch the man in fear, wonder, or any other feeling they might have, the light began to fade. As it did, the man's appearance became clearer. He was an Asian man, wearing an outfit that seems like a military uniform. He slowly and gracefully descended to the palace garden below. He closed his eyes and smiled, putting his hand on his chest. Calmly, he said. "Hello, I am Cheonsa, Heavenly Emperor of Amenria."
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.

Adab
Negotiator

Founded: May 28, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Adab » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:51 am

Imperial Palace, Adab City
Six days before the party

The pair of servants supported Emperor Tizqar III as he rose from his wheelchair. The trip to the physician down the palace complex had been a bit tiring and the Emperor's legs were a bit wobbly, but he was determined to make the short walk to the bed. The physician had pronounced him in good health for his age, but also recommended him to rest more. The servants gently laid him on the bed and spread the sheet up to his chest. "Thank you, gentlemen," he said slowly, reaching for the TV remote on the table at the side of the bed. Ever respectful of their sovereign, the servants almost went for a bow, only to be interrupted by the Emperor. "You do not have to do that. A simple act of kindness such as yours is and should be done from the heart, I know. It is much more than... an act of obeying the Emperor. I thank you. Now leave me here, and make sure there are guards posted by the door... in case anything happens to me."

They nodded and set out for the door, bringing the wheelchair with them and making sure to close the door behind them. The Emperor settled down on his pillow. His thin, wrinkled fingers danced on the remote as he searched for his favorite news channel, only to be interrupted after a few minutes when someone knocked on the door. And knocked again. It was so soft the Emperor could barely hear it. "Come in," he ordered.

The door half-opened, the visitor slipping in quietly and closing the door without even the littlest of sounds. Solemnly he walked to the Emperor. He was an old, bearded man, with lines on his face that had become darker and more pronounced with the march of time. Nevertheless, for his age he was still quite fit, which gave hope to a multitude of people across the country. He went down on his knees, although that was seemingly too much for him; the Emperor thought he could hear his joints cracking. The visitor took the Emperor's hand by his and kissed his finger.

Crown Prince Alulim looked up at his father and smiled. "Hi Pa, how are you doing?"

The Emperor smiled back and ran his hand across his son's hair. "Very well. Better than I thought, actually. The physician pronounced me well enough but also said that I had to rest. When you reach 110, though, every day is a blessing. I am not blind... to the fact that I do not have much time left, but when the inevitable happens I trust that the Empire will be left in very good hands indeed." He pointed to a chair at the corner of the room. "Sit down. You do not want to hurt your knees too much."

"My knees are alright, Pa. You worry too much sometimes. It's not good for your age," the Crown Prince said as he rose up and walked over to the chair. He took it to his father's bedside and sat. "I hope my presence here does not disturb you too much."

"Your presence has never disturbed me, son." Every word was a reflection of Tizqar's trust in his son. Over the past few years, as he passed the centenarian mark, he had delegated more and more of his duties to his son. The Emperor himself remained generally healthy for his age, but he felt that his son deserved and was more than ready to take on the imperial duties. It was time, after all. "Have you heard of this... Ernestine Empire?"

"I believe I heard a squire talk about it some time ago. That being said I really don't know much about it."

"Me neither, but their monarch is sending out invi..." the Emperor coughed, and then coughed again. Alulim looked around the room for tissues, but before he was able to find it the Emperor cleared his throat and resumed speaking. "...invitations for... a garden party or something. I don't know much about this country either, but I just think that this is a good opportunity for Adab to... establish relations with another country and we shouldn't pass it up. I am too frail to make a long journey now, so I have decided that you will represent me and the country there. What do you think?"

Ernestine Royal Palace
Day of the party

The black limousine carrying Crown Prince Alulim made its way past the gates of the Ernestine royal palace. The Crown Prince's secretary had suggested that they make a grander entrance with at least three limos worth of people, but the Crown Prince quickly shut this idea down, pronouncing it an unnecessary burden on the Empire's finances. The Crown Prince was not a man of style or publicity; he preferred to do things without causing too much of a fuss.

The limo stopped outside the entrance into the palace, and the driver solemnly opened the doors of the vehicle. First to come out was a military officer, standing at the side of the limo and blowing a trumpet to announce the arrival of the imperial guests. He lowered the trumpet and discreetly handed it over to the driver, who went back into the limo.

"His Imperial Highness the Crown Prince," the officer announced in a deep voice that echoed across the place. As the officer returned to the limo, the elderly Crown Prince solemnly made his way out of the vehicle, dressed in full Army uniform, holding his cane tightly; he had been advised by his doctor to bring it with him in case the long walks took a toll on his knees. He stood there, waiting for someone to show him into the palace.
Male, 23, Indonesian

Major partner in free association with Faraby (that's my puppet/secondary nation IRL).

Factbook

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.
-Muhammad Ali

The Ernestine Empire
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Ernestine Empire » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:23 pm

The Lawn

The Duke of Starogard had been lost in thought and had not initially noticed the presence of Benio. “Apologies Madam,” he said, “It was remiss of me not to introduce myself on your arrival.” He bowed slightly. “Although this is not my soiree, but rather His Majesty’s, still you must allow me to thank you for coming. Is this your first time in the empire?”

The Inner Gate

The air force equerry had only just made his way back to his post after escorting the Agent of State from the Kuronami Empire when the Grand General arrived. “Your excellency,” he said, fetching a pencil from his breast pocket and running down the list on this clipboard until he found the Hoosier delegation. “And Mr Kendrick.” It didn’t look like the name of the accompanying security person had been provided, but General Jones had a “+1” next to his name which was good enough.

I do hope it is alright that he is armed, merely a precaution that I hope you can understand

The equerry nodded. “Of course sir,” he said, “One can’t be too careful these days.” He jotted down an (+) next to their names on the list so that the snipers might track their movements more closely. “Please follow me.” Like with the Agent of State, and as he would do countless times today, the equerry lead the Hoosier party through the colonnade and out into the palace gardens. He looked at his watch. “The Royal Party will be making their arrival in approximately three quarters of an hour but if you would like to some refreshments then my colleague here,” a waiter conveniently appeared, “Will be happy to oblige.” With that he bowed and turned to return to his post. Nearby a man, who was helping himself to the vol au vants, noticed the Grand General and made his way over.

“Hello,” he said cheerily, “Leonid Hrytsenko, Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs. Well….acting Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, we’ve had an election and we’re still trying to form a new administration, I won’t bore you with the details. Have you two gentlemen come far?”

The Garden

The arrival of the Heavenly Emperor of Amenria was greated with several screams as some guests, evidently thinking this was some sort of fiendish attack, fled as quickly as their formalwear would allow. Lord Prešporok, who had retreated to this corner of the garden to surreptitiously smoke, stood in open-mouthed shock and allowed his cigar to fall to the floor. “God in heaven,” he said finally, “That’s one hell of a trick you’ve got there.” He turned and looked behind him. “Agram,” he said, to which a man in an elaborate herald’s tabard showing the royal coat of arms turned around, “Come and look at this.” The King of Arms sauntered across. “How do you do?” he asked the Heavenly Emperor.

“This gentleman,” said Lord Prešporok excitedly, “Has just appeared from the sky in a ball of light!”

The King of Arms did not appear overly perturbed by this. “Did you really?” he asked, “How interesting, do you often travel like that?”

Inside the Palace

His Royal Highness, Prince István of Lemburg, slouched in a chaise longue extravagantly smoking an expensive cigarette. “God,” he signed, “A garden party, what a bore. It’s bad enough having to make small talk with our own politicians, now we have to do it with foreign ones as well.”

His elder brother, Prince Henrik, stood by the window and looked through the net curtains onto the square below. He turned and regarded his brother. “Oh dearest brother, my heart does so weep for you,” he said in a voice laced with sarcasm.

István drew on his cigarette and proceeded, without much success, to blow a smoke ring. “Oh you mock Henrik,” he languidly replied, “But I’m not even sure why we’re here. We’re cousins, after all, not the main event. Do they even need us.”

His brother rolled his eyes. “This is a major event Istie, they need all the help they can get, though they must have been desperate if they’ve conscripted you. I guess everyone else must have been busy today.”

“Ha ha ha,” replied the younger prince in a flat voice.

Henrik was about to reply and make another cutting remark at his sibling’s expense when he saw a limo arrive drive through the gates. “Look sharp,” he said, “Someone’s here, and they look important.” (for the prince did not know that a heavenly emperor had arrived in the gardens). “Trot along and greet him properly.”

“Me?” replied István from the couch, “I thought it was your turn?”

His brother turned. “It was but then you lost that game of cribbage to me so it’s your turn now.”

István rose to his feet. “Only because you cheated when I went to the toilet.”

“Don’t be a sore loser, and go, otherwise you’ll have to explain to our cousin the King why you left a fellow royal unattended.”

István snubbed out his cigarette. “Alright, alright,” he fetched his jacket from the back of a chair, “I’m going.” He quickly made his way down the marble staircase and out into the main square. He jumped slightly as the trumpet was sounded, evidently this was not something he was expecting. ‘God,’ he thought as the Crown Prince announced, ‘If he’s the heir then how old must the father be?’ He shook his head as though to dispel this thought and made his way across.

“Your Imperial Highness,” he said with a bow, “May I extend His Majesty’s welcome and his thanks for coming this afternoon? I am Prince István, if you’d like to follow me sir I will show you into the palace.” He briefly glanced at the Crown Prince’s walking stick and thought about the grand staircase inside the palace. He decided that he would let the Crown Prince decide whether he wanted to take the elevator should he so wish. “It’s an honour,” he said, guiding the Crown Prince into the palace (for so distinguished a guest ought to be introduced to the main royal party before their formal arrival at the party later) “to escort you sir.”

Kuronami
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:29 pm

The Ernestine Empire wrote:The Lawn

The Duke of Starogard had been lost in thought and had not initially noticed the presence of Benio. “Apologies Madam,” he said, “It was remiss of me not to introduce myself on your arrival.” He bowed slightly. “Although this is not my soiree, but rather His Majesty’s, still you must allow me to thank you for coming. Is this your first time in the empire?”

"Quite all right, I'm just happy to be able to meet you." She bowed in return to him "It is indeed my first time here. I tried to do a little deep scan to learn a bit more before arriving here, given I'm a foreign minister that's kind of my job but I don't know a tremendous amount yet. Well regardless it's good to be here."

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:02 pm

Brandon Jones greeted the man who met them at the gate. His companion remained silent. Both Jones and Officer Kendrick followed the man to their destination, the rather large garden deeper in the palace. When Jones was made aware of the waiter, he quickly asked for a glass of whiskey. As the waiter walked away to fulfill the request, an official from the Empire came over to speak to the two men.

“Hello,” he said cheerily, “Leonid Hrytsenko, Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs. Well….acting Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, we’ve had an election and we’re still trying to form a new administration, I won’t bore you with the details. Have you two gentlemen come far?”

Jones smiled before replying, "Hello, Mr. Hrytsenko. I am Brandon Jones, Grand General of the Hoosier Alliance, but please, call me Brandon. Anyway, the trip wasn't that long. We come from North America, so it wasn't too bad. How are you this fine day? Hopefully enjoying the party. My only hope is this country knows alcohol!" Jones chuckled at that as he turned to Officer Kendrick, motioning with his hand toward his pocket. Kendrick immediately understood, having received the signal many times, and reached into his breast pocket on the inside of his uniform and pulled out a small wooden box. The box was made to contain half a dozen of the general's favorite cigars, but now it had only five after the general smoked one on the flight over to the Empire. "This is Officer Kendrick, a guard. Don't mind him, he won't bite...unless I tell 'im to!" Once more, Jones chuckled. "Do you mind if I smoke?" Jones asked, as he selected a cigar from the box. He stuck it in mouth and searched his pockets for a lighter or book of matches. "Hmmm....I seem to have forgotten my lighter on the jet." Jones turned to Mr. Hrytsenko again and asked, "You wouldn't happen to have a light, do ya?"
- Thomas Jefferson
What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms
- Thomas Jefferson
-Mark Twain
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
- Benjamin Franklin
-George Mason
-George Mason

Adab
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Adab » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:17 pm

The Ernestine Empire wrote:“Your Imperial Highness,” he said with a bow, “May I extend His Majesty’s welcome and his thanks for coming this afternoon? I am Prince István, if you’d like to follow me sir I will show you into the palace.” He briefly glanced at the Crown Prince’s walking stick and thought about the grand staircase inside the palace. He decided that he would let the Crown Prince decide whether he wanted to take the elevator should he so wish. “It’s an honour,” he said, guiding the Crown Prince into the palace (for so distinguished a guest ought to be introduced to the main royal party before their formal arrival at the party later) “to escort you sir.”

"Thank you, it is an honor to meet you. My beloved father the Emperor sends his greetings. He is unfortunately unable to attend due to health reasons, and as a result I have been sent in his stead." The Crown Prince smiled as he followed Prince István into the palace. His knees wobbled for a second, and he gently slammed his cane onto the ground, maintaining his balance. "My nation welcomes this opportunity to establish relations with your nation. I trust that the nation is in good hands. When will I be able to meet your king, if I may ask?"
Male, 23, Indonesian

Major partner in free association with Faraby (that's my puppet/secondary nation IRL).

Factbook

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.
-Muhammad Ali

Excalbia
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Excalbia » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:27 pm

Benjamin Aldaris, Lord of Salaspils and 11th in line to the Sword of Alsgood, walked towards the entrance to the gardens still wondering how he came to be in the Ernestine Empire. He was dressed in a well-tailored dark grey suit with a white shirt and bright blue tie. He reflexively straightened his suit as a he walked through the gates and studied the crowd.

It had been only a few weeks ago that he had graduated from law school. Several days after graduation, Benjamin had received a call from the Imperial Household Agency. His Imperial Majesty the Emperor, who just happened to be his mother’s cousin, wanted him to attend a party in the Ernestine Empire in his place.

Of course, James realized that he was being sent only because his cousin James, the Emperor’s youngest son, was busy courting Sunie Hoogaboom in Anahuac. And Rebecca, James’ sister, was pregnant with twins. And, of course, James’ older brother, Joseph, was busy doing whatever it was Crown Princes did. Jennifer, his other cousin, was continuing her endless “postgraduate studies” and their other cousin, Tariq, was simply too busy being Tariq.

With a final sigh, Benjamin straightened his back and walked into the crowd looking for someone to greet.

Cyretopolitania
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Cyretopolitania » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:29 pm

A young, slender twentyish woman dressed in a tight, shimmering white and gold gown entered the garden and let her large blue eyes drift over the crowd. Her blonde hair was styled up in elegant twists, with a white hat pinned to her hair with golden pins. Gold necklaces, decorated with a variety of jewels hung around her neck. All the white, gold and blonde colors contrasted sharply with her tanned skin.

Despite her youth, Princess Ilizibith of Cyretopolitania moved with confident grace as she drifted through the crowd. Her eyes fell on Lord Benjamin, whom she recognized as a distant cousin. She nodded politely and continued to circulate looking for someone new and interesting to meet.

Providencia y San Andres
Attaché

Founded: Jun 10, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Providencia y San Andres » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:33 pm

“Are you sure this is straight?” Infanta Letizia Isabelle Maria de Habsburg, daughter of King Carlos III of Providencia y San Andres, asked as she adjusted her bright red hat.

“Si, Señorita,” replied Rosalia Maria de Carvajal y Garza, Countess of Santa Tecla, the Infanta’s Lady in Waiting, “just a little to the left.” The Countess, in her early twenties and just a little older than the Infanta, reached up and adjusted the taller woman’s hat slightly. The hat matched the young woman’s dress, which fell to the mid-calf. “Perfect,” she said.

Letizia held out a hand and Rosalia Maria handed the younger woman her compact. The Infanta studied herself in the mirror and nodded. “Bien,” she said, handing the compact back to her Lady in Waiting, who returned it to the small clutch she carried before straightening her own pale pink hat.

“Are you ready?” Letizia’s older brother, Principe Felipe Augustine Carlos Antonio de Habsburg, asked exasperated as he pulled at the waistcoat of his morning dress.

“I am not a boy who can throw on trousers and a jacket and run a hand through his hair and declare himself beautiful!” Letizia protested.

Felipe frowned. “And you are beautiful now?”

Letizia shot her brother a withering glance. “I am,” she said before throwing her head back and marching off towards the entrance to the garden and the party beyond. Countess Rosalia hurried to catch up as Felipe laughed and trailed behind.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:48 pm

Cheonsa seemed unfazed by the reaction of most of the guests. Who wouldn't freak out over a winged being suddenly showing up out of nowhere? The Ernestine King of Arms, however, seemed calm enough to engage in a conversation.

"I'm good, thank you." Cheonsa replied with a cheerful smile. "I only do this when crossing over to other universes. Otherwise I just fly." He chuckled a bit before asking, "How about yourself? How are you doing?"

The Ernestine Empire
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Ernestine Empire » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:35 am

Kuronami wrote:"Quite all right, I'm just happy to be able to meet you." She bowed in return to him "It is indeed my first time here. I tried to do a little deep scan to learn a bit more before arriving here, given I'm a foreign minister that's kind of my job but I don't know a tremendous amount yet. Well regardless it's good to be here."

The Duke smiled, which was not something that happened that often, and eased slightly about the shoulders. "It's very complicated isn't it? When I was a boy, I was told that the world was a large place filled with many different people, but I had no idea quite how large it is or how..." Just then he caught sight of the Heavenly Emperor of Amenria arriving in a ball of light further down the garden. "Odd it can be. It's hard to keep up it really is, so please don't apologize if you didn't know much about us; we are, after all, just one prick of light in a sea of stars."

'Bit poetic,' thought the Duke to himself. He was not used to poetry.

"So with that out of the way, I have heard of Kuronami but I confess that I know it only as a name. No need to tell me where it is," he waved a dismissive hand, "It's always hard to tell where anything is when you have multiple Earths and countries that consist solely of talking cats and the like, but you must tell me something of your country. You are, after all, the foreign minister, so I shall expect this is a question you are used to."

The Ernestine Empire
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Ernestine Empire » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:52 am

The Hoosier Alliance wrote: Jones smiled before replying, "Hello, Mr. Hrytsenko. I am Brandon Jones, Grand General of the Hoosier Alliance, but please, call me Brandon. Anyway, the trip wasn't that long. We come from North America, so it wasn't too bad. How are you this fine day? Hopefully enjoying the party. My only hope is this country knows alcohol!" Jones chuckled at that as he turned to Officer Kendrick, motioning with his hand toward his pocket. Kendrick immediately understood, having received the signal many times, and reached into his breast pocket on the inside of his uniform and pulled out a small wooden box. The box was made to contain half a dozen of the general's favorite cigars, but now it had only five after the general smoked one on the flight over to the Empire. "This is Officer Kendrick, a guard. Don't mind him, he won't bite...unless I tell 'im to!" Once more, Jones chuckled. "Do you mind if I smoke?" Jones asked, as he selected a cigar from the box. He stuck it in mouth and searched his pockets for a lighter or book of matches. "Hmmm....I seem to have forgotten my lighter on the jet." Jones turned to Mr. Hrytsenko again and asked, "You wouldn't happen to have a light, do ya?"

Hrytsenko looked about and, when he was confident the coast was clear, produced a lighter from his pocket. "Indeed I do but, if my wife asks, then you didn't get it from me." He smiled and tapped the side of his nose. "She thinks I gave up smoking last year."

The Foreign Minster rocked back on his heels, as best he should when standing on grass, and spoke again. "North America you say," he rubbed his chin in thought, "Hoosier?" He pondered this for a moment. "Isn't a Hoosier someone from Michigan? Or was it Indiana. Or perhaps I am confusing it for somewhere else. My cousin lives in North America, I wonder if he is a citizen of yours?"

The Grand General's whiskey arrived. As the waiter was about to retire Hrytsenko touched him upon the arm. "A chartreuse please." As the waiter departed he spoke once again to the guests. "To answer your question sir...well the whiskey you hold answers it but yes, we do have alcohol. Can you imagine what it would be like without it? It would be awful, absolutely awful."

The waiter returned with a glass containing the green liqueur. "So, General Jones, am I right in thinking that you hold....an executive as well as a military office in your country's government?" Which was a polite way of asking if there was a military junta in the Hoosier Alliance.

Mervay
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 05, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Mervay » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:56 am

Tag

The Ernestine Empire
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Ernestine Empire » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:04 am

Adab wrote: "Thank you, it is an honor to meet you. My beloved father the Emperor sends his greetings. He is unfortunately unable to attend due to health reasons, and as a result I have been sent in his stead." The Crown Prince smiled as he followed Prince István into the palace. His knees wobbled for a second, and he gently slammed his cane onto the ground, maintaining his balance. "My nation welcomes this opportunity to establish relations with your nation. I trust that the nation is in good hands. When will I be able to meet your king, if I may ask?"

Prince István briefly considered proffering his arm to help steady the Crown Prince as quickly as it looked to be necessary the Crown Prince steadied himself. "It was my intention, Your Highness, to take you to meet His Majesty now. You are, I believe, the highest ranking guest to have arrived thus far," (again, he did not know about the heavenly emperor in the garden) "And I know my cousin the King would wish to see you before his formal arrival at the festivities." He guided the Crown Prince from the square and into the relative cool of the entrance hall. "That is, of course, if Your Highness is agreeable to this. If you would rather.....acclimatize for a few moments then I'm sure His Majesty will understand. He, and the rest of the Royal Party, are presently preparing themselves in the Green Drawing Room which is just up this flight of stairs." He very slightly leaned forward. "There is an elevator if you wish." He straightened, hoping that he hadn't caused offense.

The Ernestine Empire
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Ernestine Empire » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:15 am

A m e n r i a wrote:Cheonsa seemed unfazed by the reaction of most of the guests. Who wouldn't freak out over a winged being suddenly showing up out of nowhere? The Ernestine King of Arms, however, seemed calm enough to engage in a conversation.

"I'm good, thank you." Cheonsa replied with a cheerful smile. "I only do this when crossing over to other universes. Otherwise I just fly." He chuckled a bit before asking, "How about yourself? How are you doing?"

"Ahhh," nodded the King of Arms, "So you've crossed from another universe? It can be a frightful business I must say, I had to do it once and it played havoc with my digestion. I wasn't right for weeks. Which universe is that you come from sir? The dimension I went to, well my daughter recommended I go because it had tangerine trees and a marmalade sky and it was pleasant enough but it took a terribly long time to get there. We had to fly from here to Allanea I believe it was, because that was the nearest location that existed on multiple dimensions, and then we had to transfer and, well, if I was able to do it via a ball of light I should much prefer to do so."

Lord Prešporok regarded his companion with incredulity. "When did you go to another universe?" he asked.

"Oh, it was a few years ago now," said the King of Arms, "But rather inconveniently we managed to return home about twenty minutes before we left, so we had to wait in a arrivals until we boarded our plane to leave. It was all very confusing, and in the end it felt like we hadn't been away because, in terms of our dimension, we hadn't."

Allyrije
Envoy

Founded: Mar 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Allyrije » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:29 am

King Sindlanil Allyrius was sat in the Throne Room of the Fort Illinalta at the time of the invitation. Dressed in the traditional wear of a monarch with the crown of St. Arja on his head. The throne upon which his was perched was known as the charred throne for it was made out of volcanic rocks bound together with molten silver. The tall oak doors to the hall opened and two of the King's Royal Guards, still carrying their Assault Rifles from guard duty, marched in.

"My Liege, we wish to inform you that you are the recipient of an invitation to a garden party in the Ernestine Empire."

"I do not know much but I shall go for these days, I have little else better to do." The King replied in a slow and respectful manner.

The King returned to his chambers and changed into his summer Military Dress Uniform. White with some patches of light-blue in colour, he was dressed to impress. Immediately after having finished his transition of outfits, he began on his journey.

Entrance to the party
"Good evening all," began the King, "apologies if my English is somewhat off, it has been a while since I have had to use it. Regardless, I am the King of Allyria. Sindlanil the first of the House of Allyrius and I hope I can get to know at least some of you somewhat better."

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:03 pm

Jones puffed on his cigar as Hrytsenko kindly lit it for him. As Hrytsenko explained that his wife shouldn't know, Jones chuckled and said, "No worries friend. My lips are sealed!" The general continued to smoke as the Foreign Minister continued on.

"North America you say," he rubbed his chin in thought, "Hoosier?" He pondered this for a moment. "Isn't a Hoosier someone from Michigan? Or was it Indiana. Or perhaps I am confusing it for somewhere else. My cousin lives in North America, I wonder if he is a citizen of yours?"

Jones nodded as the man spoke. He replied to Hrytsenko as the waiter returned with his glass of whiskey, "Yes, Indiana. Originally, a Hoosier was someone from Indiana. Now, however, it's the nationality of about two hundred fifty million citizens. The Alliance stretches through much of what was once the American Midwest. Your cousin may be a Hoosier. Where does he live, if I may be so bold as to ask?" As Jones spoke, Hrytsenko ordered a drink for himself and made a good point about alcohol.

"To answer your question sir...well the whiskey you hold answers it but yes, we do have alcohol. Can you imagine what it would be like without it? It would be awful, absolutely awful."

"Yes," Jones agreed, "A world without alcohol...I shutter at the thought!" Jones took a swig of his drink and a puff of his cigar as Hrytsenko asked him about his position in the Hoosier government. Jones let out a quite chuckle as the Minister clearly tried to phrase it as politely as possible. "Yes, I have total control of the administrative and military aspects of my country. I rule through a military junta, one that was set up before I took power. The Alliance was a republic only about, oh five years now. Now that was messy business. I won't bore you with the details, unless you so wish, but long story short: The president dissolved Congress and declared military rule after the Hoosier Civil War broke out. One thing lead to another, and I'm in control."

Jones took a long, slow sip of his drink after he finished talking. He did not want to be rude and change the subject, unless the Minister wanted to. "So, any questions?" Jones asked. "Or would you like to change the subject?"
Last edited by The Hoosier Alliance on Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Thomas Jefferson
- Thomas Jefferson
-Mark Twain
- Benjamin Franklin
-George Mason
-George Mason

Brasland
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Brasland » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:37 pm

Residence of His Majesty's Ambassador to the Ernestine Empire

Countess Helena von Innerwitz looked at herself in the mirror. She carefully adjusted a large blue hat on her head and strategically moved her long auburn hair so that it fell over her shoulders in a stylish way. As the daughter of the Grand Master of the Court she was used to attending formal events, and since she did not have a dresser to help her (her father’s position was grand, but the budget was not), she had quickly learned how to do it by herself.

“Are you ready, Lena?”, said a masculine voice from afar.

It was Prince Peter, who was waiting outside of her bedroom. Despite her different ranks, they had known each other since childhood and were good friends.

“Almost”, she replied.

A few minutes later she appeared, and Peter tried to repress a sigh.

“You look… good!”, he exclaimed.

He was not used to see his childhood playmate as an attractive young woman, and it came almost as a shock. Not a bad one, though.

“Thank you. Shall we go, then?”, Helena asked, trying not to give the prince too much time to feel embarrassed. She was already feeling that way for both of them.

“Yes, Leopold is waiting in the car”, said Peter. “I’ll go with him and you…”

“… and I’ll go in another one, I know”, she interrupted. “I’m not a member of the royal family.”

Peter looked uncomfortable.

“You know how these things are”, he tried to explain. “Protocol, always protocol.”

“Always protocol”, repeated the countess, somewhat frustrated. Not even for a party could those rules be relaxed.

Royal Palace

When the Braslander delegation arrived at the Royal Palace, protocol was again followed strictly. Prince Leopold, the King’s brother, jumped out of the car first, looking dashing with his dark grey suit. Peter came out second, as he was only the King’s cousin, looking almost like Leopold's clone, although he wore a black suit. They were both blond and had very similar facial features, what some royal experts back home would describe as “the Balkronn face” (Balkronn being the name of the royal dynasty). Then, the car that had carried the princes moved away and a second car stopped at the red carpet. Helena appeared, graciously coming out of the vehicle and smiling at Peter, who offered her his hand to help her. They both walked behind Leopold and came into the palace gardens. The King’s brother turned to them, especially to Helena, who seemed slightly nervous.

“Are you ready, Lena?", asked Leopold, and then reassured her. "Don’t worry, foreign royals tend to be less stuffy than you’d think.”

The young countess winked at the prince, doing her best to look reassured, even though she had never attended a formal occasion outside the very exclusive and protected world of the Braslander nobility. But, she wondered, how different this party could it be?

As the group advanced through the crowd, Leopold noticed Ilizibith of Cyretopolitania. They were not related, but his sister was married to her brother. Confusing links like that were not uncommon among Western Atlantic’s sovereign families, and Leopold signaled his friends to follow him. When he reached the Cyretian princess, whom he had last seen several months ago on his last visit to Irene and John, he gently touched her shoulder to let her notice him.

“Ilizibith!”, he said. “What a nice surprise! I didn’t know you were coming.”

He courteously kissed the air above her hand and then introduced her to his party. “This is my cousin, Peter, and this is Countess Helena von Innerwitz.”

As she curtseyed to the princess, Helena noticed a handsome young man in the background. He looked quite dashing in a dark grey suit and she couldn’t help wondering who he was.
Last edited by Brasland on Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Adab
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Adab » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:56 pm

The Ernestine Empire wrote:Prince István briefly considered proffering his arm to help steady the Crown Prince as quickly as it looked to be necessary the Crown Prince steadied himself. "It was my intention, Your Highness, to take you to meet His Majesty now. You are, I believe, the highest ranking guest to have arrived thus far," (again, he did not know about the heavenly emperor in the garden) "And I know my cousin the King would wish to see you before his formal arrival at the festivities." He guided the Crown Prince from the square and into the relative cool of the entrance hall. "That is, of course, if Your Highness is agreeable to this. If you would rather.....acclimatize for a few moments then I'm sure His Majesty will understand. He, and the rest of the Royal Party, are presently preparing themselves in the Green Drawing Room which is just up this flight of stairs." He very slightly leaned forward. "There is an elevator if you wish." He straightened, hoping that he hadn't caused offense.

"I thank you, Your Highness, but honestly I have never been very fond of that contraption." The Crown Prince smiled and pointed his cane at the stairs. "A prince should always carry himself with dignity, and I prefer to make a dignified entrance when I am able to. A flight of stairs will also be good exercise for my legs, especially at my age. Will there be cigarettes at the party?" He advanced just a step ahead of Prince István, set on climbing the stairs.
Last edited by Adab on Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male, 23, Indonesian

Factbook

-Muhammad Ali

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates