NATION

PASSWORD

The 39th World Hit Festival (Örkemdrem, Darkmania) IC

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Darkmania
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

The 39th World Hit Festival (Örkemdrem, Darkmania) IC

Postby Darkmania » Sat May 26, 2018 12:55 am

IC THERAD FOR WORLD HIT FESTIVAL 39

In order to post here, you must have been given the greenlight by Darkmania! This does not applay for winning reprise.

Participating Nations of WHF39

01.Togonistan

02. TIDS Hiklarmangia

03. Cleaca

04. Besen

05. Apikai
[Peformence][Vote]

06. Adab

07. Darkmania

08. Kalosia

09. Mercedini

10. Nightom
[Peformence][Vote]

11. Chameliya
[Peformence][Vote]

12. Merecendi
[Peformence][Vote]

13. Izmedu

14. Skanden
[Peformence][Vote]

15. Lochario

16. Britonisea

17. Kalmarlund
[Peformence][Vote]

18. Platerdam

19. Normandy & Picardy

20. Fromulya
[Peformence][Vote]

21. Ascion

22. Nusalia
[Peformence][Vote]

23. Ethane

24. Todaskakys
[Peformence][Vote]

DaTV prodly pressents...
Last edited by Darkmania on Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:42 pm, edited 8 times in total.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

DATV NEWS - [NEWS] • [SPORT]

Darkmania
Ambassador

Postby Darkmania » Sat May 26, 2018 1:13 am

Transition beings to play the theme song to WHF.After the WHF logo is shown, the screen fades in a quick speed to pure darkness

It appears some text. “Last Year”, it stands.

In a grey filter like memory, we see a flashback of last year`s World Hit Festival, hosted in Doportedas, Britonisea. “Good evening Multiverse”. We see last years two male hosts from Britonisea. After the two hosts has said their line in the flashback, we begin to see a montage of all competing nations that took part at World Hit Festival 38. The sound is a hybrid of all songs except a certain song. After all songs are shown in the highlight we swap to the points-casting with the Estogium casting her points.

"And finally,our 5 points goes to..... Darkmania!!"

We now focus on the star of that night. Darkmania`s own soprano, Cärtenne Sërnänä. We now show a montage of her entry, while her song is played in the background. A cobble of shots from the high points Darkmania got is mixed, creating memories of last year, the colours also are back to show that DaTV broadcasts in colours, as rumoured by some crazy fans on a pro-WHF forum.

Near the end of the music, we now see Aharon Reuve screams the now famous words in Darkmanian entertainment history "BUT WITH 25 POINTS - FOR THE FIRST TIME IN WORLD HIT HISTORY, THE WINNER IS DARKMANIA!

We see typical darkmanian fans crying in joy, as we see confetti rains over that night , before it slowly, fades into pitch darkness.

We see a new text appear on screen that reads…
”One Year Later”

The scene takes place at the “Erÿrma Päls” Metro Station, one of the busiest station on the Örkendrem Metro. We see 10 000 local citizens passing through the station in a time-lapse-ish shot. It’s a busy afternoon. Noises fill up one of the 178 stations on the Metro. Everyone seems to move quickly. Expect for one. Its 11.39 on the clock, a Saturday Morning. The young student like persion are checing his smartphone for something to pass the time. Its has it usual apps for a örkendremer. Once one take a app titled "START WHF FEST" with the WHF logo as the app displays.

“What the heck? I did not download that” the young student thinks inside his head when he presses the app. The scenneary focuses on the outside of the old metro station.

Suddenly…

A whole army of floating balls begins to flow out of the metro and beings to fly up the air.

-WIP-

-OPNING ACT a "FOLKDANCE TBA-

Suddenly the lights turns off, and the folkdancers are wondering what they are gonna do now that they cant see. However, a familiar sound begins to sing a familiar song. The audience tries to drown the song with a loud cherring, but its sort of effective.

Vi er små stjerner, er overalt
(We are small stars, are everwhyere)

Vi er i univers
(We are in universe)

Til uendilgheten og forbi
(To infinity and beyond)

La stjernerne lede oss
(Let the stars guide us)

Her forsviner depresjon
(Here, depression disapear)

Og vi glemmer dårlige ting.
(And we forget bad things)

Given this is a remixed version of the winner song, 4 of the folk dancers begins to dance some break-dance is song, while having some of the orginal folkdancing in it. Cärtenne comes to the middle of the main stage, wearing this (minus the hood). No long dress this time, but there is a short cube thing that Cärtenne stands on.

Tou ë Yr! Vi går i stjerner!
(You and i. We walk in stars)

Tar på astroider.
(Takes on asterots)

La stjernerne lede oss
(Let the stars guide us)

Vi er en for alle, alle for en.
(We are one for all, all for one)

Tar på stjernestøv
(Take on stardust)

Alle er en stjerne
(Everyone is a star)

The light beings to flash to brutally, a epeialdy warning is shown. The folk dancers begin to jump-dancing around her, doing acrobatic while wearing their clothing on them.

Vi er som små raketter
(We are like small rockets)

Svever høyt over sky
(Flying high over the clouds)

Vi danser en dans på månen
(We dance a dance on the moon)

Omringet av planeter
(Suronded by planets)

La oss fly rundt Pluto
(Let us fly around Pluto)

Vi er i en rød planet
(We are in a red planet (Mars))

Kjærligheten er uendlig
(Love is infinided)

Til uendilgheten og forbi
(To infinity and beyond)

Tou ë Yr! Vi går i stjerner!
(You and i. We walk in stars)

Tar på astroider.
(Takes on asterots)

La stjernerne lede oss
(Let the stars guide us)

Vi er en for alle, alle for en.
(We are one for all, all for one)

Tar på stjernestøv
(Take on stardust)

Alle er en stjerne
(Everyone is a star)

The thunder from the original makes it here and Cärtenne does her now 8 sec long single note thing. All of the dancing backup dancers begin to run away from the stage as a remake of the original. One of them even was at there when it happened last time.

The song is finished and in a sea of cheering, we see Cärtenne smiling. A voiceover manish voice makes his only sentence

Voice: Ladies and gentlemen. Please welcome your hosts; Clare Isis Lonfem and Jërn Trÿsnarnär.
Both enters the stage, walking to the secondary stage. Clare are wearing this dress, in red. Jërn wears this dress, in a grey. The fanfare plays, with both smiling. With the handsfree microphone on their head, its set for a historic evening.

Both: Good evening, Multiverse!

From a camera crane going up and to the left behind the hosts, we see latterly that all seats are taken and filled with a lot of individuals from many different nation-states.

Clare:Good evening and welcome to this football...
Jërn (Shouting): SOCCER!
Clare: …Arena. *(Looks at Jërn annoyed)* Thanks, Jërn.*(Looks at the camera) Now as you all know, it`s been a dream for Darkmania to host the World Hit Festival ever since we debuted at World Hit Festival 25. And after 11 tries, and a win… at the junior-edition, we are here. Today. Thanks to Cärtenne Sërnänä!

Cärtenne Sërnänä waves to the audience while we see the backup crew works to clear up the stage. She has her handsfree microphone turned on.
Cärtenne: Remercio teis par vha concoure uas zerox! (Thank you for last years show)

The britonish fans who had come to ÖNFA make loud happy noises as finally; a darkmanian who don't funk up on other languages.

Jërn: Thank you, CärtenneNow, its our first time hosting this event. And you know, hosting something for the first time is like losing your virginity. You don’t know how that happens, it's on your mind by the fact that it did happen somehow. And some are even proud of it.
Clare: Errrrrrrrrr…..
Jërn: Ok. So some might not like that happens. But we are proud of it of that happen to us.
Clare: Er….. Anyway, We got our dream come true, but there is still dreams to become true. Now. If you want to help them make their name written in the stars and make their wishes come true, there is one thing you need to do and that is…
Both:.. To vote on your favourite.
Clare: Now. In order to vote, you send the number you see on screen right now. You can vote by calling the number on the screen to your left, via an SMS with your favourites number as shown on the right site on screen or you can use the WHF-app to cast. Remember that you can only cast up to 25 times on any nation on any platform. And remember that the cost to cast votes may charge your phone bill. You can only cast your votes after the last song was performed. Don’t worry, we will tell you when the lines are open.
Jërn, with open arms at last senence: Thank you, Clare. Now, ladies and gentlemen. It's time to start the party!

The audience makes a big cheering noise while the camera focuses on the audience. After a while, we focus now on the two hosts.

Clare: Now, there is only one thing to say right now. Jërn.
Jërn: That we gonna party “harder than stones?*”

Clare looks confused on what the earth Jërn said with parting with drugs and alcohol, resulting in a moment enhanced with a wave of laughter from the audience.

Clare: Pardon?
Jërn: What? Oh! That`s right. Lets say it together.
Clare: Ok, Jërn. (*clear throut*) Now…. Let..
Jërn: The…
Clare: 39th…
Jërn: World Hit Festival…
Both: BEGIN!

(*= Translated slang in darkmanian about parting hard, sometime filled with illegal drugs and heavy usage of alcohol.)
Last edited by Darkmania on Sun May 27, 2018 12:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

Darkmania
Ambassador

Postby Darkmania » Sat May 26, 2018 1:13 am

These postcards, sponsored bu VisitDarkmania, let the performers do something you can do as a tourist in Darkmania. OK, It's not their real wishes, but it something DaTV wanted to show in order to advertise Darkmania as a tourist hotspot.

-BIO TBA-

Last edited by Darkmania on Sun May 27, 2018 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

Darkmania
Ambassador

Postby Darkmania » Sat May 26, 2018 1:14 am

01.Togonistan

Levi - "Aura

Levi is a 45-year old singer from Tushlark, Togonistan. He is widely known and loved in his home nation as a singer as well as a TV host. During his career that has lasted for over 20 years, he has won multiple awards and is considered to be one of the best-selling Togonistani artists of all time.

Lucky 7 offered Levi a chance to represent the nation in WHF 39, which was an oportunity he couldn't say no to. ''During my career in the music industry, I have been on a lot of different stages in a lot of different places, however, as much as I tried, I can't recall ever visiting Darkmania. It sure is going to be a new, and hopefully lovely, experience to me,'' Levi said during a press conference given a day before the Togonistani delegation took it off to Darkmania.

The song Levi is going to perform is titled ''Aura'' and is dedicated to his wife Amy. ''One quiet evening, I made my way to the balcony with a cup of coffee in my hand, I sat down, sipped my hot drink and looked at the sunset. I started drifting in my minds when suddenly, I felt someones arms around my neck. As I turned around, I saw my beautiful wife's eyes. Nothing had changed, I still saw the same 20-year old college girl in her that I had fell in love with about 25 years ago. Well, as I was going to bed, I just couldn't sleep. It is one of these days when you feel the inspiration flowing through your body. That something I felt deep inside myself, I wanted to let it out. Write it on a piece of paper. No, better yet, make a song out of it. A song of our journey to where we have reached so far, and where we're still yet to go.''

Performance:

The song starts with Levi sitting on the edge of the stage with a microphone in his hand. He's wearing a black suit with a white shirt. Stage lighting is warm blueish with some smoke being generated by some special apparatus on the back end of the stage. Camera is slowly rotating around Levi as he puts the mic to his mouth and starts singing, smiling between the lines.

I still remember these days when we were young and we were wild
You wiped off all my problems, that very moment you smiled

I walked with you and I listened to whatever's on your mind
And when I felt a bit lost, I always had you behind

It must be aura, surrounding both me and you
All day and night, every day while I am with you

Levi gets up on his feet and stands on the stage so that the audience sees him from the side. A puff of smoke is blown to his face as he is halfway through with the verse.

I want you by my side
While we're growing old
We can share everything that's on our mind
All that shines ain't gold

Levi turns to face the audience and puts his left arm forward. He looks deep into the camera that closes up on him as he sings the lyrics.

You'd keep me wide awake, when you feel a bit off
Together we could reach the stars above
And never have enough

(And never have enough)

Levi does a quick nod with his head before doing a 90 degree turn and starting to slowly walk around on the stage. The whole stage still has that blueish atmosphere as Levi walks on the catwalk, moving towards the other stage.

(And never have enough)

Levi makes his way to the other stage and looks at the audience with a smile on his face. As he is ready to sing again, he looks deep into the camera filming him.

Through the heaven and hell
I want you to walk this path with me
Tied together like a spell
You know it has to be

Levi turns around and starts moving back to the main stage. One of the cameras on the arena always keeps following him ahead.

Aura, surrounding both me and you
All day and night, every day while I am with you

Levi makes it to the middle of the catwalk, when he stops and looks deep into the camera rotating around him. However, he never stops having at least a tiny little smile on his face.

I want you by my side
While we're growing old
We can share everything that's on our mind
All that shines ain't gold

Levi steps onto the main stage again and takes a seat right where he was at the start of the performance. Exposing his teeth tho the whole multiverse watching WHF, he sings the last few final lines of his song.

You'd keep me wide awake, when you feel a bit off
Together we could reach the stars above
And never have enough

And never have enough

Audience starts applauding as Levi looks at them with a smile on his face. ''Thank you! he says before leaving the stage.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

Darkmania
Ambassador

Postby Darkmania » Sat May 26, 2018 1:16 am

-POSTCARD 1 PLASED HERE-

TIDS HIKLARMANGIA
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

Darkmania
Ambassador

Postby Darkmania » Sat May 26, 2018 1:17 am

02. TIDS Hiklarmangia

Slavie- "A wery questionable entry THAT is illegal?!? (18+) (DO WATCH) (NOT CLICKBAIT) (2SPOKKY5YOU)"

Slavie are a darkmanian "singer" who sadly came to his mother-land to do whatever he is doing. Lets hope he doesnt fuck up, eh?

He has his "Im gonna win the Barbara Dex Awards again" look. For some reason, this mic has a glitch that make him louder than he sings, hence all lyric is in CAPS LOCK. He is just standing there being loud and annoing.
WE ARE ARE A NATION OF POTATO SLAYERS!
WHY ARE Y`ALL WATCHING ME WITH YOUR EYES?
WE ARE GONNA NUKE THE FECK OUT OF OUR ENEMY BRITIONISEA

UNDER THE RED FLAG OF TRUE COMMUNISM!!

WE SING HAPPY SONGS IN THE RED BANTER OF BANNERSNESS

I DRANK TOO MUCH OF DARKMANIAN WINE FOR LOVES SAKE
*(Thats how you kill the English language)*

He runs away after finishing the song so next can sing theirs.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

Darkmania
Ambassador

Postby Darkmania » Sat May 26, 2018 1:18 am

-Cleca goes here, for their postcard-
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

Darkmania
Ambassador

Postby Darkmania » Sat May 26, 2018 1:19 am

03.Cleaca

Ita Vavea & Jason Tarudo Band - "Pulse

Jason Tarudo is a 35-year old dentist and part-time hobby musician born in Cleaca. Tarudo's band, despite having been active in the underground scene for the past five years, gained their first international recognition after representing Cleaca in the 61st WorldVision Song Contest in Hwoarang. CBC approached Tarudo again when looking for Cleacan representative for the 39th World Hit Festival.

Teaming up with Tarudo's band for WHF 39 is Ita Vavea, a 42-year old native Cleacan vocalist yet to make a name on the big scene. Vavea participated in the 2nd season of The Voice: Togonistan, although her journey there ended rather quickly with getting eliminated right after the 2nd round.

Their song ''Pulse'' is composed and written by Jason Tarudo. ''We want to give a message to all the native Cleacans, but also to all the Togonis, Balkvlains and any other small nation, to not give up who you are. The times are changing, we are seeing an inflow of western culture, but with all this, we must not forget about our roots.'' Tarudo said during an interview given to Lucky 7, a Togonistani media channel.

Performance:

Stage is dark. As the music starts playing, some smoke starts appearing on the stage. Ita Vavea is sitting on top of a small pedestal. She is wearing a tribal outfit decorated with feathers. Ita is clapping her hands above her head to the rhythm of the music as the camera slowly zooms up on her. Behind her, there is Jason Tarudo and another male drummer, both of them being topless and having matching haircut. There is also a matching tribal tattoo set covering both of their upper body. The drummers have large-scale tribal drums placed in front of them and they are holding a pair of flaming drumsticks above their heads.

Eventually, two drummers behind Ita start beating their instruments and Ita starts singing.

All the islanders step up
To those who try to corrupt

Just wait when we come for you

More smoke starts appearing on the stage, eventually covering the stage floor. Ita stops clapping her hands and looks into the camera.

They come and try to change us
They come and throw some insults
Trying to change our point of view
And that's what raises my pulse

They calling themselves our chiefs
Not agreeing with our beliefs

Raise my pulse

Camera zooms out and starts rotating around Ita, who is sitting on her pedestal. She is following the camera with her head, while shouting out her lyrics and doing some fist-pumping hand gestures at the same time. She also expresses some strong facial expressions.

With our boiling tribal blood
Our minds ain't to be becloud
Our minds ain't to be becloud

Camera zooms out on Ita, who is getting up on her pedestal and puts her hands wide open.

Stage pyrotechnics start doing their job and flames can be seen bursting out around the stage. Ita his standing on top of her podium and expressing some rebel-ish hand gestures (somewhat like Latvia 2017). There is also a wind machine making her hair wave a little while doing it. Drummers behind her back are still beating their instruments, only much more furiously this time.

Eventually, all the fireshow calms down and stage returns to it's previous stage of darkness with some smoke covering the floor. Ita steps down from her podium and starts walking around on the stage. Different cameras angles are following her path and Ita is looking into them every once in a while.

Ita makes her way to the middle of the stage and stops there, turning herself to face the audience.

Feel our boiling tribal blood

Fire machines start working again, lighting the stage up. Ita is standing in the middle of the firestorm, furiously waving her fists in the air as she is shouting out her lyrics.

Fireworks stop and the stage goes into full darkness as the music slowly fades out. Crowd on the Örkendrem National Football Arena starts cheering. Lights go on again and Ita is standing along her two drummer guys. ''Thank you Örkendrem! We love you!'' they shout before leaving the stage.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

Darkmania
Ambassador

Postby Darkmania » Sat May 26, 2018 1:19 am

-This spot belongs to the postcard to Besen-
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

Darkmania
Ambassador

Postby Darkmania » Sat May 26, 2018 1:20 am

04. Besen

Georgie Green- "Sand

Troye Sivan - Bloom

Georgie Green was born and raised in the capital of Besen, and learnt how to play guitar very young; he was preparing for a music career from 10 years old. When BSS sent producers to look for local talent to send to the World Hit Festival in Darkmania. He was chosen thanks to his unique artistry and his exquisite talent for songwriting. The song, "Sand" is about falling so deep in love that you lose everything you knew about yourself before, and become blind to life. Tonight, he sings his song for the first time ever. Here is what he will be wearing.

Swallowed by a translucent white silhouette, Georgie is seen standing, holding the silver microphone. What looks like a box is to his right, hidden by the shadowy background. An orange light gleams down on the stage, and the camera remains central to the scene. The music, just beginning after the postcard, invites Georgie's first movements from behind the silk. His stance seems nervous, but he is everything but that. A close up shot, just about revealing Georgie's features, produces a light grin.
Underneath the roofs and windows
Smiling in the hallway
Courage and commitment
That's what you said you wanted
So you know, babe, I just wanna heal with you, baby.

Cheers are heard, when the silhouette drops. His jacket, and jeans are both black, contrast with the lighter palette of the stage. The box that was hidden is shown to be a portable light show. Lyrics from the song appear on the screen, in a tidy, navy blue font. "Circus, fountain, noose, affairs, heal".
I mean, maybe it's a circus
A fountain of truth, yeah
I wanna be under your noose yeah
An item of your affairs
So you know baby, I'm just tryna heal with you, darling

The lights fade to fit the themes, a darker mixture of brown and dark blue. The only thing truly illuminating the stage is the box behind him. The cameraman does a wide pan of the arena and then back into position at the front of the stage- then followed by a close up of just Georgie and the light-box. Lasers cut through the middle- light green and pink; they spread to the whole arena. About to go into the chorus, he runs behind his box, seemingly climbing stairs placed behind of it, appearing atop the box again. He stands firm and strong.
I can't stand the...
Loud talk in whispers
Breathing in the...
Dark alleys of my heart, now
Grazes on my...
Wounded soul, I'm so scared now
Sand in my eyes, got sand in my eyes

Going with the beat of the chorus, the lights flicker and the box pulsates, showing "I SINK". Shots of the audience are cut to- but are shortly panned back to Georgie. The crowd jumps along, clapping and cheering, bringing happiness to his face. He reaches out his other hand in a gesture to make the audience join in even more. The guitar strums that occur are assumed to come from a woman holding one, in the back- revealed by the cameras finally.
And I sink, I sink- under you
I sink, trusting you
I sink, I sink- under you
I sink, bleeding through
So give me every single second
Holding me for ransom
I gotta let this burn
I sink, trusting you

"December" is the main word that appears now, along with some fake snow that floats down, making the crowd cheer. The colour palettes on show are a very light white, a warm blue and a festive red. The lights on the box make up an image of two people dancing next to a snow-covered tree. But, this doesn't last for long as an animated broken heart appears.
Now it's the season of December, we got cold hearts
You wanted me to kick start it now- our whole life
Young love don't stay true, babe, I just can't stop missing you, baby.

This time the camera does not pan or widen but follows Georgie as he gets down from the box, and walks down near the front, reaching out to touch the audiences' hands. He then focuses on the camera- singing directly to it.
I can't stand the...
Loud talk in whispers
Breathing in the...
Dark alleys of my heart, now
Grazes on my...
Wounded soul, I'm so scared now
Sand in my eyes, got sand in my eyes

Darker pinks absorb the space, and the light box flashes lyrics again. The same guitarist shot is shown at the relevant point. A soft wind blows against his hair, making it swirl and move out of place. He lets this happen.
I sink, trusting you
I sink, bleeding through
Holding me for ransom
I gotta let this burn
I sink, trusting you

Smoky clouds emerge from the sides, smothering the floor with mist. Georgie lies down in this, as the camera follows his journey, ending with a shot of him on the floor. The back lights flash an eery shade of green. And in the arena, the light-box can be seen repeating the words sang.
I. Sink. Under. You
I. Sink. Under. You
Grateful, grateful
All of the things you do
Grateful, grateful
All of the things you do

The last chorus leaves the stage suffocated in mist, with the light pinks and festive colours of the second verse re-emerging. And then, in the last seconds- a paper white dove floats atop the box. Cheers erupt.
I sink, trusting you
I sink, bleeding through
Holding me for ransom
I gotta let this burn
I sink, trusting you
I sink, trusting you
I sink, bleeding through
Holding me for ransom
I gotta let this burn
I sink, trusting you

"Thank you, so, so much Darkmania! Tusen takk!" Georgie smiles uncontrollably as he exits the stage.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

Darkmania
Ambassador

Postby Darkmania » Sat May 26, 2018 1:21 am

-"Our postcard spot goes to ....East Apikai"-
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

Darkmania
Ambassador

Postby Darkmania » Sat May 26, 2018 1:22 am

05. Apikai

LIGHT - "A Requiem for Empathy

Hello, my honey
My wonderful sunshine
Have you been sleeping well?
I know things haven't been lovely
The funeral bells won't stop their chime
Have you been sleeping well? Have you been sleeping well?

This world is far too surreal
This world is far too loud
Wonderland's madness is brought to kneel
Alice would be proud

I hope you find rest
Because I just cannot
I am now a soldier in the soldier's nest
Protecting you while the world will not

Have you been sleeping well...?
Last edited by Darkmania on Sat May 26, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

Darkmania
Ambassador

Postby Darkmania » Sat May 26, 2018 1:22 am

-A dab to adab, `cause here is his spot for postcard-
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

Darkmania
Ambassador

Postby Darkmania » Sat May 26, 2018 1:23 am

06. Adab

Maria Alfassa - "Always Be That Way

Background
Following Adab’s stunning success at the 64th WorldVision Song Contest, where the country managed to achieve fifth place in its first foray into the contest without Kinan al-Salaman onstage, the powers that be of Adabian music – most notably Emperor Tizqar III and al-Salaman himself, now contributing from behind the scenes as Adab’s WorldVision songwriter – quickly laid out the blueprint for future Adabian participation in music contests, which the press quickly named the “Al-Salaman Plan”. Most notably, it called for Adab to increase its visibility in the international music scene through participation in the World Hit Festival, a contest which the country had hitherto ignored in favor of the WorldVision Song Contest. Kinan al-Salaman was promptly appointed as Adab’s WHF songwriter, although otherwise there was no change from the existing arrangement between him and the Emperor; the artist would be chosen by the Emperor, whether al-Salaman liked it or not, and the latter would then write something that would suit said artist.

The Emperor, or whoever was working on his behalf, promptly found their ideal representative to the WHF stage in Maria Alfassa, a 22-year-old up-and-coming singer. Maria had started her career singing country, and it was by singing country songs – some she wrote herself, some written by others – that she first stormed the Adab Top 100 at the age of 18. Her rise continued unabated, even if her music slowly shifted towards pop and then veered between pop and country, culminating in her first number one single, the country pop tune “That’s the Way I Love Him”, which practically confirmed her as Adab’s first representative to the World Hit Festival. Quite many were skeptical of Maria, seeing her as nothing more than a “safe choice”, and some criticized her music for being “stale” and sometimes “too mellow”, but Kinan al-Salaman remained optimistic about the young woman’s prospects. “I already have a song in mind for her,” he said in a recent interview, in which he also admitted that he had sought the help of young balladeer Adwil Razz in writing the song, claiming time constraints. “I look forward to working with her. Now we’ll see how it goes.”

The performance
Quietly and serenely, Maria Alfassa, in a white, pristine dress and hat (which, if the rumors were true, had been personally picked by herself to project an image of carefree innocence and virginity) walked onto the eyes of the some twenty thousand people gathered at the Örkendrem National Football Arena. She was shaking a little beneath that dress, but hid it with that radiant smile for which she had become known. After all, this was her first time performing before an international audience. She had practiced the lines over and over again, with her family, friends, al-Salaman, and Razz watching from behind the glass walls of al-Salaman’s home studio. Perhaps it had prepared her for the real deal, perhaps it hadn’t, but Maria could not change the past, and tonight she was determined to give it her best shot.

An electric piano had been set up at the center of the stage. Maria could feel the purplish wall staring down at her, its specks of light shining on her and the piano, and the audience gazing at her. As she sat by the piano, a string orchestra made its entry, streaming onto that dark corner of the stage. Now some of the lights focused on that corner, revealing the seats which had been prepared for the orchestra.

“Thank you,” Maria said, gazing at the audience, smiling, holding onto the mic on the piano lid. Her nimble fingers began dancing on the keyboard, and the orchestra followed the lead.

If we should go our separate ways
Keep me in my mind, my friend
Don’t cry now, we’ll have had a good run
We just won’t expect it to end

If you should walk away from me
Or I walk away from you
Look behind you, it’s your same old friend
And, yes, it will always be that way

The stage and the wall had now gone dark, save for the lights now focused solely on Maria and the orchestra. But now the colors pink, yellow, and white (but predominantly pink) shone brightly adorning the edge of the stage, forming a ring of those colors surrounding the darkness. This was intended to evoke the image of a rose and the idea of innocence.

I look around, it always comes back to you
Lucky am I to have my light
I can’t stand the pain, no I can’t stand the pain
Of watching you walk out that way

The floor surrounding Maria and the piano was now slightly elevated above the rest of the stage, symbolizing the uncertainty and loneliness that she was feeling at the moment. The lights shone on her still, and the orchestra below. A gaze and a smile from the young woman was greeted with cheers and applauses from an audience which otherwise watched her in mesmerized silence.

If we should see it fit to part
I would not know which path to take
I feel the road will take me back to you
But you will have gone away anyway

If we should see it fit to part
I would not know which path to take
I feel the road will take me back to you
But you will have gone away anyway

And now it’s all over. The piano had come back to ground level, taking its player with it. The darkness disappeared as all the lights were now back on. Amid all the applauses, quite many in the audience rose and gave Maria a standing ovation. Roses steadily rained down on the stage and on the audience. “Thank you! Thank you very much!” Maria said, rising from her seat. She and the orchestra gathered at the front of the stage for a final bow, after which, wading their way through the roses, they disappeared backstage.
Last edited by Darkmania on Sat May 26, 2018 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

Darkmania
Ambassador

Postby Darkmania » Sat May 26, 2018 1:24 am

-HOME TEAM DARKMANIA POSTCARD!-
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

Darkmania
Ambassador

Postby Darkmania » Sat May 26, 2018 1:24 am

07. Darkmania

Särä DeLörna - "Den Siste Høst

After 11 attempts at World Hit Festival, Darkmania finally became the winner and is, therefore, the host of this time around. One hour after Cärtenne Sërnänä lifted the trophy in Britonisea, DaTV confirmed that Darkmania was hosting The 39th World Hit Festival in Örkendrem, the capital of Darkmania. The organization has not gone without controversy, as local darkmanian all over have criticized DaTV on "wasting money on a one night show". In response of this, the LED-walls was cut out in order to save money. Its surely a helper by the fact that DaTV has some noticeable debt issues, but it will not overshadow DaTV`s moment as "first-time hoster". To defend the honor of Darkmania, DaTV internally selects Särä DeLörna, a 17-year-old singer who sings "Den Siste Høst", (The Last Autumn), a song that was written and is dedicated by her grandfather, who passed away at age of 80 due to cancer.

The postcard has played and ÖNFA is drowned in the loudest cheering of the night. It's the host-nation who performs after all. Särä is joined by a male cello player, and a female dancer. With a a dress like this, but with less skin, and using a mic-stand for almost all of the song, we wish her good luck to her. And may she defend Darkmania`s honor.

The light wall shines light-green light but its not as bright. For evertyine she sings, there is always a new camerashot that not come to her. No steadycam are used for now, only the studio cameras.
Jeg er her, venter på deg.
(I am here, waiting for you)

Du sa du skulle på en tur alene
(You said that you shall go on a trip alone)

Så dro du alene og kommer ikke tilbake
(Then you left alone and never came back)

Når du ble svakere
(When you become weaker)

Naturen ga deg gift
((The) Nature gave you posion)

The wind maschine turns on and as a touch, the smoke begins to cover the stage as a long steady-can shot from the right flies around her and ends on the left side of the stage. We also see both of the two background characters still on the stage.

Vi møttes igjen oss to, en annen dag
(We meet again us to, some day)

Hvis du kommer hit igjen levende
(When you came here again alive)

Paradis får en ny engel
(Paradise gets a new angel)

Jorden for en mindre engel
(The earth gets one less angel)

Og du lærer engler å fly der oppe du er
(And you are learning angels to fly up there)

The dancer is gone, but not the cello player.
Du var den jeg så opp på hele tiden
(You was the one i saw up to all the time)

År blir til år her nede på jorden

Naturen flytter deg til himmel
((The) Nature is moving you)

Jeg vet at du her here en sted så jeg er her
(I know you hare here somewhere)

Når jeg ser deg en dag
(When i see you someday)

Jeg er her, og venter på deg
Bare du var her nå
Jeg vet ikke hvor du er
Hvor er du når jeg er her?

Når du ble svakere
(When you got weaker)

Naturen ga deg gift
((The) Nature gave you posion)

Paradis får en ny engel

(You was the one i saw up all the time)

((The) Nature is moving you)

(I know you hare here somewhere)

Når jeg ser deg en dag
(When i see you someday)

Når du ble svakere
(When you got weaker)

Naturen ga deg gift
( (The) Nature gave you posion)

Paradis får en ny engel

The cello player is gone, so the singer takes her microphone of her stand and begin to move to the island.

(You was the one i saw i)

(Years turns to years here down on earth)

As the camera crane flies past her as she had reached the "island" stage via the catwalk, she is now seen all alone on stage. There is only her and a chair left. The school-chair like chair is placed exatuøy in the middle of the "island" stage and she sits down. The music cuts out and she sings the last lines without music that normally plays in the background. After she had sat down, the light wall begins to fade to a turned off status and the only lights that keep her light up is the spotlight that light her up.

(Nature moves to hevean)

(I know tgar your are here somewhere so i am here)

Når jeg ser deg en dag
(When i see you one day)

Särä can`t keep her tears as ÖNFA once again drowns in the biggest cheering of the night. "Tusen takk, Ørkendrem. Tÿsten Täcktar, Örkendrem". Särä`s word as said while sitting on the chair can be heard even if its blend in with the loud cheering. We see shots of darkmanian fans who have come to see Särä win in Örkendrem. A lot of flags in green, blue and red dominate the sea of flags while not being too dominating for the other flags that are present.
Last edited by Darkmania on Sat May 26, 2018 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

Darkmania
Ambassador

Postby Darkmania » Sat May 26, 2018 1:25 am

-Postcard to Kalosia goes here-
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

Darkmania
Ambassador

Postby Darkmania » Sat May 26, 2018 1:26 am

08. Kalosia

Ani Sakharyan- "Volal (թռի)

The Most Serene Republic of Artsakhestan has not participated in the World Hit Festival since WHF31 in Izmedu, and even then they had been taking part inconsistently in the event since their withdrawal after WHF14. In the early days of the competition, they had been one of the most popular participating nations, and although they had never won the contest, they were trusted with hosting the inaugural Junior World Hit Festival in their capital of Stepanarvashat. Many members of the Artsakhiani public miss participating in the World Hit Festival, so one lady sought to make her way to the contest, even if not under the Artsakhiani flag.

So this song was born. It was a work contributed by both Artsakhiani and Kalosian songwriters, notably Davit' Lesmesyan who produced all of Artsakhestan's entries to WorldVision and the World Hit Festival. It was submitted to RTVK to be considered for the 33rd edition of the Festival dele Melodie Kalosiane, the longest-running national final to the World Hit Festival. While the guidelines state that songs must "be mostly in Kalosian or a language/dialect native to Kalosia", and while virtually most of the show's previous entries had been entirely in Kalosian, this song was accepted to compete. Ultimately it won, and Ani Sakharyan now had the ticket to represent this country at the 39th World Hit Festival in Örkemdrem, Darkmania.

For the festival, Ani wore an elegant, Artsakhiani-inspired dress. She was to be accompanied by two male dancers wearing all white, and 2 female backing singers, hidden away.

As the song began, Ani walked towards the mic.

Mi dakordavu di un žornu
Kadë lë sol alžavë u l’orižontë
Ma or vidu ja tia vitë
E tu senti kë staj kadendu

One of the backing dancers walks onto the stage but then the camera pans the satellite stage, where the other one is already dancing.
Ma komë lë ventu
Tuto kañera
Lë sol tornera
Al tšelu blu

That backing dancer walks towards the main stage.
Gardal u
Aľi toji
(Fly)

Now the dancers are on both sides of Ani, and they do choreographed moves in sync.
Գնա - վազի, թռի, իմ սեր / Gna! Vazi, t’rri, im ser
Հղթաներդ ւժեղ չեն / Shght’anerd uzhegh ch’en
Volal karë, volal or
Kestu es tiu kasu

Poši rëspirarë
Së liberë

Everyone remains where they are, but the dancers do different sets of choreography.
Or apriramu la fenestrë
E invitamu l’arë freskë
Kon kestë luž novu, pošamu
Taľarë tuto le katine

E komë lë ventu
Tuto kañera
Lë sol tornera
Al tšelu blu

The dancers continue to do different moves but this time, they follow the same rhythm, making them seem connected.
Gardal u
Aľi toji
(Fly)

The dancers do the same moves from the previous chorus.
Volal karë, volal or
Kestu es tiu kasu

Poši rëspirarë
Së libera

The backing singers sing the next part, and the camera follows one of the backing dancers to the satellite stage while he performs some moves. Meanwhile, what the home audience isn't seeing is the other dancer attaching a pair of folded wings to Ani's dress.
(Բաց թեւերդ, լիովին աչքերդ / Bats’ t’everd, liovin ach’k’erd)
(Թռիչքդ ե սկսվել / T’rrich’k’d e sksvel)

While the dancer returns to the main stage, the camera switches back to Ani.
Gardal u
Aľi toji

The two dancers seem to pull something (like a ribbon? Shame we can't see) behind Ani's back, and then continue to do the chorus dance moves. While this happens, the folded pair of wings attach to Ani's back slowly expands as she sings the next part.
Volal karë, volal or
Kestu es tiu kasu

Poši rëspirarë
Së libera

Ani takes the mic off the stand and walks to the front of the main stage, while the dancers do so gradually while still dancing.
Volal karë, volal or
Kestu es tiu kasu

In the last line of the next part, Ani and the dancers reach the front of the stage in time, and raise their right fists just as the song ends.
Poši rëspirarë
Së libera

The song ends and the crowd cheers. Ani says, "Shnorhakalutyun, gražia!" before leaving the stage for the next entrant.
I reminded myself of a day
When the sun rose on the horizon
But now I see your life
And you feel like you are faling

But like the wind
Everything will change
The sun will return
To the blue sky

Look into
Your wings
(Fly)

Go! Run, fly, my love
Your chains are not strong
Fly darling, fly now
This is your chance

Go! Run, fly, my love
You can breathe
You’re free

Now let’s open the windows
And let’s invite the fresh air
With this new light, we can
Cut all the chains

And like the wind
Everything will change
The sun will return
To the blue sky

Look into
Your wings
(Fly)

Go! Run, fly, my love
Fly darling, fly now
This is your chance

Go! Run, fly, my love
You can breathe
You’re free

(Unfold your wings, open your eyes completely)
(Your flight has begun)
(Your flight has begun)

(Your flight has begun)
(Your flight has begun)

Look into
Your wings

Go! Run, fly, my love
Fly darling, fly now
This is your chance

Go! Run, fly, my love
You can breathe
You’re free

Go! Run, fly, my love
Fly darling, fly now
This is your chance

Go! Run, fly, my love
You can breathe
You’re free

(OOC: Special thanks to Euskirribakondara for the Armenian parts!)
Last edited by Darkmania on Sat May 26, 2018 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

Darkmania
Ambassador

Postby Darkmania » Sat May 26, 2018 1:26 am

-spot to Mercedini Postcard.-
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

Darkmania
Ambassador

Postby Darkmania » Sat May 26, 2018 1:27 am

09. Mercedini
CONGRUENCE - "Home
EQUINOX - Bones

After a one edition absence, Mercedini returns to the World Hit Festival frey with a slight deviation on the usual songs it sends to the contest. ENM have decided to send a newly-formed group to the contest, with all five members coming from five differant nations based loosely around the song contests of WorldVision and the World Hit Festival. The group 'CONGRUENCE', named based on its aims and goals of uniting people group through the medium of music, was formed when executives drafted five performers who had all won their iterations of reality and talent shows, will perform 'Home', and tells the tale of how nations can not only be proud of their homeland, but can join together and reach out to other nations to overcome global issues. 'Home' was written by song contest aficionado Francisco Gabrinelli, who has been involved in numerous Mercedinian entries in both WV and WHF, and was assisted by the five performers in catering to their vocal abilities and harmonies to produce a performance to remember when the group heads to Orkendrem, Darkmania for the 39th edition of the World Hit Festival.

• From Togonistan, Pita Fanene: Born in Tifk, Togonistan. Pita rose to fame after participating in the third season of The Voice: Togonistan, where he finished as a runner-up. After the show, Pita signed a contract with the local label Amstaff Records. So far, Pita has released one solo album. The 23-year old was one of the first artists to be announced by ENM, citing his vocal range and the diverse selection of songs Fanene performed when on The Voice.
  • From Izmedu Demir Loncar: Loncar won of the latest series of X Factor Izmedu. Fans have been tipping him to either participate in Izmepisma or be an internal selection for WHF, but he's mostly stayed put in Izmedu since winning his series. ENM have opted once again to include an Izmeduan in the line-up, following Eva Tutic's inclusion in SongSearch many moons ago.
  • From Mercedini, Alana Petrikov: The winner of the most recent series of The Voice of Mercedini, Petrikov rose to fame following her #1 debut single 'Flatline' which was also eligible and under consideration by ENM for to represent Mercedini at the contest. The only Mercedinian national in the group, she was the fifth and final artist to be announced, completing the group as it is today.
  • From Britonisea, Theo Docklans: Docklans won 2018's edition of The Voice RU which is a show broadcast in Britonish on Channel 6 (Sky One) in Britonisea but broadcast on RVC in Estogium and the main channel in Aloquirbe so he's well known in most nations around Britonisea. Its clear that the Brityunikosphere knows the show more about Docklans than the Anglosphere, with channel executives aiming to increase his international appeal by including Docklans in the group.
  • From Todlichebujoku, Kari Hafner: Kari Hafner was born into a rather musical family in Giftigensuuiki, where he began singing at the age of 4 and entered the choir of his local temple. He rose to fame on the show Korkea Siimá, a national singing contest, where he was set to finish second. However, the presumptive winner mysteriously vanished after having acquired a deep, pleasing tan from a vacation in the Ëndlaynvats-Arevian islands. As such, Kari won the fifth season of Korkea Siimá, launching a successful solo career in Tödlichebujoku and across the seas in Platuvaida and Sauleia. When the opportunity arose to join an international supergroup, Kari "grabbed the chance and never looked back".

The group have high hopes that they can bring home Mercedini's third victory at the contest, and with ENM openly wishing to host the contest should they win, it gives Mercedinian Hit Festival fans excitement that they might be able to see the main World Hit Festival contest come to their shores, following the appearance of the Junior World Hit Festival in Zoloroni last year.

The performance commences with the alluring start of the song, causing the crowd to cheer before the singers on stage have a change to sing their lyrics. the stage is bathed in darkness save for the five spotlight placed on the heads of the five performers spread out across the stage with one in particular on the island. Their faces aren't let illuminated as they wear a different collection of black clothing to reflect their national heritage and their personality, selected by the performers themselves. Pita from Togonistan sings the first half of the first verse as the camera is solely focused on him for the time being. The other four performers stand motionless in their part of the stage while Pita is the only person who moves, as he walks to the centre of the stage to complete his half of the verse.

Next up is Theo Docklans from Britonisea, who receives a noticeable cheer from all fans from the Brityunikosphere, as they are familiar with the performer winning the most recent version of The Voice RU. He sings into the camera angle which is zoomed in and solely focused on him, the audience is beginning to clap along to the beat of the song as Theo starts to walk from the right hand side of the stage back to the centre to stand next to Pita which completes the first verse, with only two of the five performers. in the centre.

Home is where you let go
Feel it in your heart
Maybe that’s where you go
To heal it, hear it and release it.
These walls are your best friends
Even when it’s tough
You don’t have to fight when
They see it, speak it and hear it.

Demir from Izmedu and Kari from Todlichebujoku are now the ones to take the reigns in the song, as they harmonize with each other for their part of the pre-chorus. The camera angle is switched to split-screen to the viewers at home which gives the viewers a perspective which allows them to see both performers singing at once, the black background makes it seem like they are next to each other due to the seamless transition between each angle, when in actuality they are at other ends of the stage to each other. As the pre-chorus is ending, they make their way next to the two original singers, making a four-piece in the centre.

When you’re down, when you’re sore, when it hurts.
Yeah, my lights will guide you home
Feeling down? I’ll be close, I’m your oxygen
You won’t be on your own

White beams of light appear from the stage, pointing upwards and forming a prism above the four male singers in the centre carry the first chorus. the camera flies backwards from an elevated position, taking in the scope of the arena as well as the vast audience all waving their flags in time with the music playing along. The camera then cuts to each of the faces of the performers as each note changes in the refrain. The song then bursts into life as white lights at the rear of the stage then flash a pulse giving a wave effect to the pattern in the back. The men look in front of them as the central camera track them as the first chorus comes to an end

And the lights will guide you ho-o-o-ome
Burns underneath it all
The lights will guide you home

Kari then returns to the forefront of the song with his vocals as the other three men provide accompaniment to the second verse. The pattern at the back of the stage changes colours to form a nebula pattern, much like in the group logo created before the contest began. The white lights then pulse three times for each of the repeated phrases in the last line of the verse, starting from the edges of the arena before working their way to the centre when the performers are standing, almost as if they are absorbing the energy from the lights and using it to their benefit.

Freedom from desire
Free from all this hurt
Walk along the wire
And see it, see it, see it

The fifth and final member of the group is revealed as the lights illuminate the face of the only Mercedinian in the group, Alana Petrikov. The elevated camera sweeps round towards the island as Alana entices the camera in, before turning her back for the second half of the pre=chorus. The camera tracks her as she makes her way along the island walking with passion and purpose with the microphone to her lips to sing her part of the song, representing her nation on the biggest stage in her career so far. Once she has made it to centre stage, she stands in the middle of the four men to form an arrow formation, which the overhead camera tracks as the five sing together for the first time in the song.

When you’re down, when you’re sore, when it hurts.
Yeah, my lights will guide you home
Feeling down? I’ll be close, I’m your oxygen
You won’t be on your own

The central camera then shows footage of the five singing in harmony with flags waving in the foreground at the bottom of the screen for those watching at home. The camera then cuts between close ups of all five performers as they give their all with their harmony of notes. Faint lights begin to strobe brighter and brighter as the song builds intensity and without the LED screen at their disposal in Orkendrem, they have more creativity when it comes to customising their performance. As the group sings the long and powerful note towards the end of the chorus, the camera sweeps back once again, taking in all of the lights, the crowd and the stage in a long shot with the performers only a spec on the screen compared to the size of the arena

And the lights will guide you home
Burns underneath it all
The lights will guide you ho-o-o-ome
Burns underneath it a-a-a-all
The lights will guide you home! (the lights will guide you home)

The final moments of the song come into range as the five of them all do their part to create a mesmerising performance, the song is increasing in intensity as Alana holds one long note increasing in pitch while the four male singers accompany her by singing the main lyrics of the song in their own harmonies, coming together and showcasing their message of cultures and nationalities coming together as one. The light being to flash more and more out of the darkness, illuminating the arena with the nebula beginning to twist and distort, all contributing to in intense end to the ninth performance of the night.

Wherever you go
Wherever you go
Look up, that’s when you know
The lights, the lights will guide you home

As the men are finishing their vocals, Alana becomes the sole voice on stage singing as she vocally keeps her note going, with cheers growing and growing to keep her going on before she ends her vocals to let the instrumental carry the group forward until the end of the song. Cheers are already ringing around the arena, but they grow in volume as the song officially ends, and the five performers hug each other, knowing they have given the performance of their lives at one of the bigges festivals in the multiverse. Alana take to the mic to thank the Darkmanian audience, "We are one when we come together. Thank You Darkmania, Grazije!" The five performers wave to the audience as the transition prepares for the next song of the night
Last edited by Darkmania on Sat May 26, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

Darkmania
Ambassador

Postby Darkmania » Sat May 26, 2018 1:28 am

-This spot is for Nightom-
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

Darkmania
Ambassador

Postby Darkmania » Sat May 26, 2018 1:29 am

10. Nightom

Alisé Baker - "Won't Let Go

Nightom is returning to the World Hit Festival after it's quite successful run at the World Hit Festival over five editions ago. The nation did pull out of the contest for it's own reasons - such as governmental issues. Nightom is returning to the contest with the singer, Alisé Baker, who is hoping to add to Nightom's success in international song contests.

Nightom's Alisé walked to the stage and stood in front of four lights, there were placed on the stage looking up towards her. Alisé looked forward towards the audience and smiled as Nightom's postcard finished. She raised her hands out to the audience as the song started. A close-up shot of her face was the first of many camera shots to come in the performance. None of the lights in the arena were on except for the four on the floor, which darkened her face.

I'm here forever, won't you let go.
Here from the start because I love you so.
You're the one, that I live for.
Even through hardship, I had your back.
Forget circumstances, we had a pact.
Won't let go, not now, I won't.
If you can't see me by your side,
It looks like you've made your mind.

There was a long shot of a spotlight slowly focusing on Alisé, which did light up her face. She smiled as a steadicam came towards her. She turned towards it, slowly grasping towards the camera and it flows past her.

Go.... run till you see the sunset,
Go, until you're legs need to rest.
But when you're done, please come back home.
Oh, I'm not ready to let go...
Oh, run till you see the sunrise...
Come back before our end is nigh.
But there's one thing that you must know,
I am not ready to let go

After the chorus, the lights behind her slowly started to glistened with a dark blue - giving the arena a bit colour from the darkness it was. Alisé took a deep breath as she readied herself to sing the next verse of this song - this very technical song.

I've made mistakes, and you've made them too.
I am not saintly, but neither are you.
Look at us! We're so alike.
But I won't stop in my pursuit,
To keep us as one, not two.

At this part, the camera was placed at a high angle in the arena. All of the lights that were behind her all lit up in to yellowish-gold, and as the lights twinkled in the arena, the camera slowly zoomed outwards to show all of the stage, which responded to the next chorus of the song.

Go.... run till you see the sunset,
Go, until you're legs need to rest.
I am not ready to let...

At the end of the chorus, all of the lights slowly faded away, with the close-up shots coming back - similar to how it was. She sang straight in to the camera when it focused on her. She had a tear slowly dripping down her face.

This break us, it can't break us.
It tear us, it won't tear us up.
Won't let go, won't let go...
I will not stop in my persuit,
To keep us as one, not two!
Go, until you're legs need to rest!!

At this dramatic part, the camera quickly zoomed out as sparklers shot in to the air at each beat. Fans were turned on which made Alisé's hair blow. The whole arena was golden, which was definitely shown when the camera zoomed outwards.

I am not ready to let go.

At the end of the song, all of the lights in the arena turned off, except the light that was focused on her. Everyone in the arena applauded for Nightom and Miss Baker, "Thank you very much, thank you very much!" she said mutely in to the microphone before waving.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

Darkmania
Ambassador

Postby Darkmania » Sat May 26, 2018 1:30 am

-Chameliya, THIS SPOT IS FOR YOUR POSTCARD-
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

Darkmania
Ambassador

Postby Darkmania » Sat May 26, 2018 1:31 am

11. Chameliya

Ánmol Pokhrel - "Ketá ra Ketí (Boys and Girls)

With each passing edition of the World Hit Festival, the WHF committee of CháReTe had to contend with the growing pressure of maintaining Chameliya's impeccable, albeit intermittent, record - especially considering the nation's next entry would be its first for nine editions. Returning once again to the challenge of selecting a representative for the country, CháReTe had to negotiate a famliar dilemma of Chameliya's participation in the competition - strike out for success with internationally favoured genres or present a more authentic Chameliyali sound at the risk of falling foul of its lack of familiarity across the multiverse. However, to mark Chameliya's return to WHF it was felt that traditional Chameliyali music must be represented in some capacity. The solution was a compromise. Former model and Chameliyali pop sensation, Ánmol Pokhrel's latest album, Putalí Mahilá (Butterfly Woman) had taken the charts by storm and recently won the Budhagraha Awards for its blend of infectious melodies which incorporated traditional Chameliyali instrumentation. To the shock and surprise of many though, CháReTe selected the album's most controversial track, Ketá ra Ketí (Boys and Girls) - a protest against high levels of youth unemployment during the recent and ongoing period of economic difficulty - as the Chameliyali entry.
The twanging tones of a plucked fiddle reverberate around the darkened auditorium. An aerial shot of the arena captures the cavernous space slowly zooming into the small satellite stage which is floodlit by a stark white spotlight. The camera cuts to the satellite stage where an ensemble of musicians, dressed in plain daurá surúwáls begin to play their traditional Chameliyali string and percussion instruments. Behind them, the backdrop lights pulsate in time to the pounding drums. The camera lingers on the ensemble before cutting to a shot of four dancers positioned on the runway dressed in dazzling red and gold and barefoot with intricate golden bangles. They twirl gracefully, mesmirising with the poised hand movements typical of Chameliyali dancing. Finally, the camera pans to the main stage where an unlit figure stands behind a microphone stand. Suddenly a spotlight illuminates the figure, revealing it to be Ánmol Pokhrel dressed in an elaborate red and silver daurá surúwál and topí (hat) just in time for the first verse. He looks intently into the camera as he begins to sing.

Days on the dole, what the hell are we still doing?
City shut down, chakra bands will be our ruin
strikes

Heat and no light, sticks and stones and no solutions.
Thulo mánchhe hoina ke garnu sakchhau?
We're not important, what can we do?

The camera, still centred on Ánmol at the mic, begins to zoom out. Behind him, the four dancers can be seen as they arrive on the main stage and position themselves in formation; (with Ánmol) the five corners of a pentagon.

No use for the day, so we’ll reclaim the night
Won’t stay out of mind, won’t stay out of sight
Timro pyáro bachchá kukur jasto dukhchhas
Your dear children are suffering like strays

We’re taking the world so you better hear us

As the song reaches its first chorus, all the arenas lights brighten, pivoting and circling creating a dazzling effect. Ánmol clasps the mic with one hand and raises his other in a power fist whilst behind him, the dancers move forcefully in a contemporary dance sequence heavily reminiscent of that performed at Chameliyali festivals. The camera cuts between shots of Ánmol's powerful pose, the vigourous dancers and footage of members of the audience moving and flying flags in time to the beat.

E ketá ra ketí
Oh boys and girls

Better hold on when we break free
Though they never believed
We’re rising, we take the streets
E ketá ra ketí
Oh boys and girls

Take what we’re owed, our dignity
Open your lungs to breathe
It’s ours now, we’re feeling free

As the chorus finishes, the lights stop moving and lower in intensity. The camera cuts to a quick shot of the musicians once more before returning to Ánmol on the main stage. He removes the micophone from the stand and walks to the perimeter of the stage to sing directly to the audience, occasionally reaching down to hold the outstretched arms of the adoring fans.

But don’t give up, we’re our own new founding fathers
Generation of true dreamers, builders, martyrs
Can’t contain the aspirations we still harbour
Thulo mánchhe ho hámí sabai sakchhau
We are important, we can do anything

Ánmol straightens up and begins to step backwards, singing into the camera which follows him. Behind him, the mic stand has been removed and the dancers are stood in a line holding combative dance poses.

No use for the day, so we’ll reclaim the night
Won’t stay out of mind, won’t stay out of sight
Timro pyáro bachchá kukur jasto dukhchhas
Your dear children are suffering like strays

We’re taking the world so you better hear us

Once again, the lights intensify and swirl about. On the stage, Ánmol takes his place in the middle of the line of dancers as they as they commence a more obviously contemporary dance routine, albeit Ánmol's dance being less zealous on account of him holding the microphone. The camera pans along the line of Ánmol and the dancers, absorbing up their rhythmic motions.

E ketá ra ketí
Oh boys and girls

E ketá ra ketí
Oh boys and girls

The dancers begin to move apart, positioning themselves in their own spaces across the stage. The lights flicker as the instruments suddenly stop with just the drumbeat echoing around the auditorium. From the back of the stage, three male dancers dressed in silky silver daurá surúwáls step forward to join Ánmol, after which the four men each move out to join a female partner. Each of the four couples begin to dance in time to each other - spinning and moving around each other; the men occasionally lifting their partners off the ground and swinging them around. The lights flicker with increasing speed and intensity whilst the background lights fade up into a dazzling white backdrop. As the song nears its climax the couples seperate and all the dancers enter a star formation at the centre of the main stage whilst Ánmol walks back to the stage perimeter to belt out his last refrain to the audience. He sways in time to the music with a confident swagger and as he enters the final chorus the lights begin to strobe.

E ketá ra ketí
Oh boys and girls

E ketá ra ketí
Oh boys and girls

E ketá ra ketí
Oh boys and girls

We're reaching for infinity

Ánmol lifts his topí of his head and hurls it into the crowd which roars in approval. He steps backwards into the formation of dancers and joins them for the final routine. The arena's light are strobing at maximum intensity - an assault on the live and television audiences' sense. As the music cuts out, the lights are extinguished except for a few spotlights focussed on Ánmol and the dancers. They turn away from the audience and begin to walk gently to the back of the stage. As the final notes play, the camera focussing on them fades out of focus so all that can be seen are the fuzzy outlines of their twinkling, shining outfits as they step into darkness. Finally, as the music comes to an end, even the spotlights are extinguished. The arena is bathed in darkness. Ánmol's voice can be heard speaking through the microphone, 'Thank you, Darkmania. This is for Chameliya'.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

Darkmania
Ambassador

Postby Darkmania » Sat May 26, 2018 1:32 am

-Dis spot goes to Merecendi- und der sang-
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page