NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision Song Contest 64 | Varea, Nekoni

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Estogium
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

20 | Estogium | Rhett Pierce - Show Me Your Love

Postby Estogium » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:14 am

#20 ESTOGIUM
Rhett Pierce - "Show Me Your Love"
Tune : Oscar Zia - "Det Går Aldrig"
Language: English
Duration: 2:58

Rhett Pierce will represent Estogium at WorldVision Song Contest with the song, "Show Me Your Love". He performed it during the WorldVision Pre-Show in Estogium; The Big Reveal!

Last edition, Estogium came 11th place, which was quite low considering Estogium recently received 3rd and 5th place. Estogium and Rhett are hoping that this performance will give them a much better result for the nation.

Rhett Pierce stood in the middle of the stage with a white vest on, and grey track suit bottoms. He looked as though he was doused in water because water was just dripping off of him. There were also four other males that were dressed in a similar way to him (though had buttoned up shirts instead of vests), and also wet similarly to Rhett. The five men all stood on steps that were located near the back of the stage. The stage's wall showed a picture of brickwork. As the song started, a camera zoomed up on Rhett and his crew.

You are lying to yourself,
I see you hurting - ah.
Are you scared of the outcome?
Show me your love.

When your eyes meet mine,
I see how quick you turn your head.
You're tryna avoid the truth
Show me your love.

Rhett stood up and started to walk closer to the audience. The four men that was with Rhett started to follow Rhett about the stage. Rhett smiled in to the microphone as he walked closer and closer to it.

You're with her, but I can see that you're faking it; I see it.
And I know that you want more from your love with her; but it won't work.

During the last line of the pre-chorus, the camera kept on cutting angles to match the beat of the song. As each beat came through, each of the men in the back unbuttoned their shirts. As the chorus came up, the lights in the arena turned to club lights, with the stage's wall also following suit.

Come to me;
Love me like I'm her, love me like I'm her.
There's no chance with her, love me like I'm her.
Show me your love.

Come to me;
There's no chance with her, you're going nowhere.
Show me your love.

At the end of the chorus, Rhett walked to the left side of the stage, singing to the audience there. Two of the men followed him to that side, doing their thing behind him. The stage's LED was similar to how it was before, with it being brickwork.

I can see I'm tempting you
And I'll be here when you break.
Just forget about her,
Show me your love.

I know you have a heart of gold,
I know cuz you had me sold.
Is it her you really want?
Show me your love.

Rhett then walked over to the other two men who were dancing on the right side of the stage. He sang in to the camera which was waiting for him before spinning a 270 and facing the front of the audience.

You're with her, but I can see that you're faking it; I see it.
And I know that you want more from your love with her; but it won't work.

There was a camera which provided a long shot of the large arena which held 70,000 people. All the dancers joined in the middle of the stage, with Rhett Pierce in the middle. They all swayed along as the chorus came up...

Come to me;
Show me your love.

Come to me;
Show me your love.

The dancers and Rhett all danced in unison together, playing with the camera - smiling and winking in to it and all that jazz.

During the bridge section, the lights went dim, and the dancers who were behind Rhett took off their shirts. The camera kept on zooming in and out of them all...

You know that I can't watch you night and day,
Sitting in the background, just thinking. (thinking bout you)
I know you notice me, so come over
Get to know me just a little better.

(Show me your love)
Forget about your morals.
Forget all about her.
Cuz with her you're going nowhere,
Show me your love!

Sparklers exploded over the head's of those who were on stage and multicoloured confetti infested their performance. The club lights returned again, and the LED did change colour to make it more look better on TV.

Come to me;
Show me your love.

Come to me;
Show me your love.

Rhett and his crew all bowed before walking off the stage ready for the next act, "Thank you, Nekoni! Thank you, Varea! Thank you, WorldVision!"

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

BITC PRESENTS: 64th WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST

Postby Britonisea » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:19 am

Entries will be displayed as below;

00. NATION NAME

[DURING THE POSTCARD]
[AFTER THE PERFORMANCE]

BITC Presents;
Live Coverage of the 64th Edition of the WorldVision Song Contest in Varea, Nekoni.
Your commentators for the evening are Zeke Lemondey, who tried to represent Britonisea twice, participating in Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2016 and 2018 alongside Rigas Jengiz who participated in Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2016 and 2017, and came 2nd representing Britonisea at the 51st WorldVision Song Contest.
Broadcast started 19:55 GMT.

Rigas Jengiz: So, we have decided to switch over to BITC to present the 64th WorldVision Song Contest which is being held in Nekoni’s Varea!
Zeke Lemondey: Yes, I am so happy to be back presenting the WorldVision Song Contest for our country - especially with you - Rigas!
Rigas: Aw thank you, hun! Of course, this time is a bit different because we are doing it on another channel but it should be quite similar to our days over on BVC.
Zeke: And we are returning as the reigning champions of the contest. For those who don’t know, Frida Grover and the team behind BITC managed to win the contest with 98 points.
Rigas; Which is a pretty low score, comparing it to Mini Surrey North’s win of 139 points…
Zeke: Well, the contest is quite different to how it was, it seems that winners are receiving a smaller amount of points than in recent editions - and that might be because of the amount of nations participating too.
Rigas: Well hopefully, we can see a bit more nations participating than last edition. Speaking about Britonisea in particular, we have our third Vha Mehlodhivestoile winner representing us in WorldVision!
Zeke: Yes! The wonderful Taron Woods sang his song, “Cy Ecouto Teuten Vokse” and won Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018 with 132 points, which is only one points away from the second place KAYLEY who received 131 points!
Rigas: And Zeke, as someone who has participated in this edition’s Vha Mehlodhivestoile - how was it for you?
Zeke: Well, I was in the first Semi Final if you guys at home don’t remember, and it was an interesting experience coming back to Vha Mehlodhivestoile after taking a break. I came 6th in the Semi Final which was a bit painful, not going to lie, but it won’t stop me from returning in the years to come.
Rigas: And you were at the final where Taron Woods won, right?
Zeke: Yes, I was down at Luton cheering him on as he won the evening. I have high hopes for Taron Woods tonight. He is an awesome soul, and I think that he will do well. Regardless of where he comes tonight, he would’ve done the nation proud.
Rigas: Do you think he will do a bit better than Mehkl Maddox-Ajax?
Zeke: I really hope he does better than 9th, I really do. But you never know, this contest is very unpredictable. Oh look, it’s all starting down there. Let’s go down to the Mercati Arena for the opening act performed by Eliana Mitrecey.

00. Opening Act

Rigas: That was an alright Opening Act, wasn’t it?
Zeke: Yes, I quite enjoyed it. I liked seeing the Britonish flag being waved of course - avid patriot, I am haha!
Rigas: Interestingly, the last time that Nekoni bid to host, it was the 47th WorldVision Song Contest - when Mini Surrey North won Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2016 and of course went on to win WorldVsiion in Ekoz.
Zeke: I will remember to keep that one in my head.
Rigas: Now let’s just speak over the hosts, since they never really say anything we can’t cover up in a shorter period of time.
Zeke: So an amount of nations will be singing their entries. At the end, we will open up the lines to the entries. At the end, it will be amalgamated with the Britonish Jury points and the points will be displayed as 12-10 and 8 to 1. So, please do get voting!
Rigas: Britonisea will be performing 5th tonight, so please do not vote for Song Number 5 - even if it comes up on your screen as you may still be charged but it won’t count! Save that vote for your favourite song!
Zeke Right, let’s get the partying beginning!

01. Besen

Rigas: So, we will be going over to Besen for the first performance of the night.
Zeke: Representing Besen tonight is KRENA - and that’s a capital K - R - E - N and A if you weren’t educated about that before.
Rigas: Besen debut in the 63rd WorldVision Song Contest - so they are relatively new to the scene. Their first entry came 12th place, and so they are hoping that they will do better this time aorund.
Zeke: Okay - here is the entry, it’s Song Number 1 from Besen!

Zeke: Oh, I am not sure about having chairs on the stage.
Rigas: I am not sure about having men dressed in tuxedos walking up and down the stage like that. It’s all a bit too governmental for me - don’t you think?
Zeke: In terms of the song, it’s a cool song, isn’t it? I quite like it, it’s chill.
Rigas: The question is...is it memorable? Will it get Britonisea’s 12 points? I don’t know. If you would like to vote for Besen, please call 0123 4567 8901 or vote via the app!

02. Platerdam

Zeke: Okay - we now have Platerdam. This nation is a debut to the contest, and we have quite a few debutants tonight, so let’s see how these lot do amongst the new styles coming from tonight.
Rigas: This group, Cadillac! Won a contest called “The Next Hit” in Platerdam, and therefore became the first representative for Platerdam in the WorldVision Song Contest!
Zeke: With Enigma, they will be sending a reggae entry to the contest - so I am definitely looking forwards to this one.
Rigas: Well, it’s Song Number 2. Platerdam!

Rigas: Well, there is a reason why reggae entries aren’t common in the contest - and that’s because these types of entries don’t really do well.
Zeke: Though, I have a feeling that this will do well with the Britonish votes, it’s a really cool entry - you must admit!
Rigas: I liked the rapping bit, that’s when the song was really spiced up.But is it memorable?
Zeke: Vote for Platerdam at the end of the show, 0123 4567 8902!

03. Mister X

Rigas: Okay. We are now we heading over to Mister X, the nation that won the WorldVision Song Contest during the 62nd edition.
Zeke: Mister X kind of dipped last edition, so they are hoping to make this another win for them.
Rigas: Well, I guess that would make them very happy wouldn’t it?
Zeke: They’re being represented by Tracy Manson, a female, and Robert Anderson.
Rigas: How interesting. Anyway, it’s Song Number 3. Mister X!

Zeke: Well, that was interesting - wasn’t it?
Rigas: They decided to bring a 50-piece orchestra on the stage with them, ladies and gentlemen. They must have a very large WorldVision budget this year!
Zeke: The music was very nice; so nice that it almost put me to sleep!
Rigas: Oh, Zeke! Don’t think like that! I quite liked it. I preferred her, to be honest. I don’t think Robert actually added anything to the song.
Zeke: The golden sparks shower in the back will be used a few times, I believe.
Rigas: And if you at home liked it, please don’t mind calling 0123 4567 8903 at the end of the show.

04. Nekoni

Zeke: So, the only country that stands between now and the Britonish entry is Nekoni - a large obstacle to encounter. Nekoni will be hoping to do very well today in front of their home nation.
Rigas: Their in and out participation in the WorldVision Song Contest hasn’t really helped them keep up a great record, though, we shouldn’t judge a book by it’s cover I guess.
Zeke: You can hear the crowd over the postcard, my lord, the 70,000 people who are in the arena tonight are going crazy for their entry.
Rigas: I don’t think more can be said, Zeke. Let’s go in to the arena to enjoy Song Number 4, Nekoni!

Zeke: If you want the home nation to win the contest, don’t be afraid to pick up the phone and call 0123 4567 8904!

05. Britonisea

Rigas: So here it is! The postcard for the Britonish entry of this competition. The last time that we performed this early was in the 54th WorldVision Song Contest which was held in Ekoz, where we were in 2nd.
Zeke: Florise Kentsh represented Britonisea that edition coming a respectable 10th place - didn’t she?
Rigas: That of course started our top 10 streak - which has been fantastic. The longest we’ve stayed in the top ten previously was in WorldVision Song Contest 41 where we came 1st, 5th, 5th and 6th. But since WorldVision 54, in the seven editions we’ve participated, we have finished in the top ten seven times!
Zeke: Do you think we can make the eight? It’s Song Number Five, Britonisea!

Zeke: His performance is not too dissimilar from his performance during Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018. It looks like he has kept his dancers.
Rigas: He has also decided to put in Britonish at the start, which is very cool. It gives a bit of a nod to the fact that last edition a song in Britonish did win!
Zeke: I think that performance went really well for us, and most of the nations that voted in Vha Mehlodhivestoile are here in the contest, so let’s hope they will support us!
Rigas: Yeah, let’s hope that they will.
Zeke: Another little reminder, remember that you cannot vote for Britonisea, as much as I know you want to!

06. Togonistan

Zeke: The country that will be performing just after us is a nation called Togonistan! Togonistan, our neighbour which we share good ties with, will be represented by Alayna witht he song, “Return”.
Rigas: Let’s just throwback to WorldVision 38, when Britonisea sent a song with the exact same title?
Zeke: And Mya Richardson absolutely slayed with the song, “Return” coming 5th with 105 points!
Rigas: Do you think that Togonistan will be able to replicate the success of the Returns?
Zeke: I don’t know, but I heard that Song Number 6 is a very strong submission!

Zeke: Yes!! What a performance, I absolutely loved it.
Rigas: That is avery strong performance, I should think. I think Togonistan have got it right this time around.
Zeke: Yep. I didn’t mind this entry from Togonistan - it’s mystical!
Rigas: If you would like to vote for Togonistan, please do so by calling 0123 4567 8906 at the end of the show!

07. Lochario

Zeke: Next up performing we have the Authoritarian...hmm...Republic of Lochario, who are debuting at the contest. I am telling you folks, there are quite a few nations debuting tonight.
Rigas: They’re sending Dari Makinnen, who is born in Southern Lochario.
Zeke: Back at home, she won her national selection with a very huge gap between her and the rest of the field. It will be very interesting to see whether they have a chance here.
Rigas: Well, let’s see if it’s a good performance then! It’s Song Number 7, from The Authoritarian Republic of Lochario!

Rigas: The song is alright, I guess...It doesn’t really do anything for me in all honesty. It’s just a song there.
Zeke: I am going to be honest, this genre of music is not really my kind. I think, with the Britonish entry, it’s more on the poppy side, whereas this is full EDM - and I don’t really like it.
Rigas: At least the singer is good, that might get the jury to vote in it’s favour, the Britonish jury might like that.
Zeke: Ultimately, I think that the Britonish televote will drag this down if anything.
Rigas: If you believe that we are wrong, vote for Lochario at the end of the competition - dial 0123 4567 8907!

08. Lachana

Rigas: We are going from Lochario to Lachana, yet another debutant to the contest. Somehow, Lachana and Besen are related, but I really don’t think we have the time to go in to it to be honest.
Zeke: And Lachana will be represented by Ariel Dava who will sing, “Evermore”. I don’t really know what the song is about, but looking at my sheets it has something to do with the LGBT.
Rigas: Interesting…
Zeke: And it is also speaking about equality…
Rigas: How many songs speak about equality? I wonder what makes this song any different from them all?
Zeke: I am not sure Rigas, but Song Number 8 from Lachana is about to start…

Zeke: This is very Mya Richardson, I like this, actually.
Rigas: If you liked the entry from Lachana, don’t be afraid to bring the phone to your face and dail 0123 4567 8908 - but call only at the end of the show.

09. Nusalia

Zeke: Nusalia is debuting at the 64th WorldVision Song Contest with the song, “Everyone” which is hoping to do the nation proud.
Rigas: We will be listening to Wia Rosmala - I think it’s pronounced - singing that song. I haven’t actually heard this song yet, so it will be nice to hear this for the first time, aye!?
Zeke: She said that, before the competition, “I’ll give my best to all!” which I think everyone will do, Wia…
Rigas: Anyway, I am looking forward to this performance…
Zeke: And you are about to get it. Here is Song Number 9 with Nusalia.

Rigas: Is it over?
Zeke: Yes, Rigas - the song just finished right now!
Rigas: Oh that was quite a long song. I like it when my songs are around four minutes, but this was knocking on five minutes’ door. But the five minutes that I just experienced weren’t lively.
Zeke: The verse...the backing sound...reminds me of Brain Training. I swear they play that doo-doo-doo sound when I play Brain Training?
Rigas: I have no idea what you are talking about, Zeke.
Zeke: Omg, please tweet in if you know what i am talking about, Britonisea! #varea64 @BITCWorldVision.
Rigas: Your thoughts on the song? I thought it was okay, a bit monotonous, but okay.
Zeke: It was not my cup of tea. Not sure if it will do very well or not, but I don’t think it will finish in the middle. Either at the top end or the bottom end.
Rigas: And it is up to YOU at home to decide that! Call 0123 4567 8909 if you think Lu-oh sorry, Nusalia should win!

10. Proluvia

TBA

Rigas: If you liked the entry from Proluvia, please don’t be afraid to call up 0123 4567 8910!

11. Mabuhay Land

Rigas: So, the next country we have performing for us is...yes, you guessed it, another debutant! Dafuq, why are they all performing at the start?
Zeke: This is why we need the producers decided the running order…
Rigas: Oh, how controversial. Anyway, Mabuhay Land...looking at my papers in front of me, there’s absolutely nothing about this nation - so I can’t really tell you anything.
Zeke: What I can tell you is that this song is an obvious attempt to get more tourists to come to their country.
Rigas: Really, is it?
Zeke: Well, watch the performance, especially the first 30 seconds, and you will know exactly what I mean.
Rigas: I am bloody looking forward to it, then!
Zeke: It’s Song Number 11, Mabuhay Land.

Rigas: Oh I see what you mean.
Zeke: Yeah, exactly. I didn’t really appreciate that to be honest, but whatever.
Rigas: This song sounds like another song I know.
Zeke: Mabuhay Land - the song was actually quite good, taking away that message at the start of the performance.
Rigas: I am sure I have heard this song before!
Zeke: Oh, oh, oh. Well, if you want to vote for Mabuhay Lands, call 0123 4567 8911 at the end, when lines open!

12. Adab

Zeke: Rigas, don’t get triggered.
Rigas: Why would I, Zeke?
Zeke: Adab is being represented by not papi Kinan.
Rigas: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?
Zeke: All these debutant nations don’t know about Kinan Al-Salaman, they won’t ever know because apparently Kinan is sick of WorldVision Song Contest.
Rigas: Well, his songs were quite bad, but he was ace!
Zeke: I know, it’s a shame! Some guy, J. Baraka Mahmoud is representing them instead.
Rigas: It won’t be as good - this isn’t ADAB!
Zeke: Well, it is Adab - it’s Song Number 12!

Zeke: I think this will be a bit of a shock to the system for those hardcore WorldVision Song Contest fans that watch the contest every year. I don’t really know what to say other than...I guess Adab was tired of getting bad results.
Rigas: And so they should be, but don’t you think Kinan will make a comeback soon?
Zeke: Perhaps. If Adab suddenly does well at this contest, I think it will be very obvious that Kinan was the problem, and I am not sure how well or how badly that will be received back there.
Rigas: Either way, if you liked Adab’s performance, call 0123 4567 8912 - or via the app!

13. Vartugia

Zeke: Well, the next performance is from a country known as Vartugia - and I am sure you all at home are going to enjoy this one.
Rigas: Vartugia is known for their very strange entries, and I can tell you that is most certainly not an exception.
Zeke: Vartugia is sending a song with a very long title - something along the lines of “Just a typical Vartugian song, that makes you question that letting Vartugia sing was a great fu-”
Rigas: I think the audience at home. Anyway, I think we should go down in to the arena now, don’t you think?
Zeke: It’s Song Number 13 from Vartugia!

Zeke: So, I think that the least memorable performance of the night just happened - congratulations, Vartugia!
Rigas: I also think that this song is totally inappropriate and I am not really sure what Vartugia is going to accomplish by sending an entry like this.
Zeke: It says here, in their nation’s bio, that they are seeking zero points, and while I am sure that Vartugia will be receiving zero points from Britonisea, I think there will be a few countries than will throw it pity points.
Rigas: Yeah, most probably.
Zeke: But if you are a bit weird, please do vote for the song, by calling 0123 4567 8913 at the end of the performances!
Rigas: Or vote via the app!

14. Darkmania

Rigas: So after Vartugia we have the nation of Darkmania. It’s good to have Darkmania back to the contest!
Zeke: Looking at their bio - one could argue that the reason they have returned to the contest is because of their recent success in World Hit Festival…
Rigas: Oh really?
Zeke: Well, Darkmania recently won the World Hit Festival, for the first time, when the contest was taking place in Doportedas.
Rigas: Interesting - well let’s see how far they get with this song?
Zeke: Yep, Darkmania’s ready and so am I!
Rigas: It’s Darkmania, song number 14!

Zeke: So, I am not sure about this one. I mean, it’s a cool entry and all, but you know, it’s not really my thing.
Rigas: I understand what you’re saying. I think that the song is missing something - je ne sais quoi. I think that it is also a bit repetitive at times…
Zeke: Yeah, I think it’s just that. I mean the lyrics aren’t in English, which sometimes is a good thing - explore one’s identity, and his singing voice is something I can’t fault…
Rigas: But…
Zeke: I mean, I don’t actually know what more to say...It’s an okay entry overall, I am not sure as to where it will place tonight, but if I had to...top 12.
Rigas: If you agree with Zeke, call 0123 4567 8914!

15. Izmedu

TBA - Thursday 3rd May 2018

TBA - Thursday 3rd May 2018
Last edited by Britonisea on Wed May 02, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
WINNER OF THE 112ND WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST
LISTEN NOW: KIANA KNIGHT - SAYONARA

Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Cleaca
Secretary

Founded: May 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cleaca » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:40 pm

21. Cleaca

Renato Gabric - ''Soaring High''
Tune: Parade Of Lights - ''Feeling Electric''

Renato Gabric from Izmedu represents Cleaca in the 64th WorldVision Song Contest

CBC announced Road To WorldVision, an online talent show to find a representative for Cleaca in the 64th WorldVision Song Contest. After receiving hundreds of entries from all over the world, 10 of the very best were picked by the local jury to perform their song live on the grand final, broadcast worldwide through an online stream and the winner being revealed through international voting. After a tight battle, Renato Gabric ended up winning his ticket to the 64th WVSC, with just 2000 votes ahead of Nadine Veran from Normandy and Picardy.

Renato Gabric is a 22 year old singer hailing from Izmedu. Born in the city of Posony (considered Izmedu's central hub of culture outside of its famed capital), Renato was enamored with music from a young age and was raised mostly within a musically based environment. Due to his natural aptitude for singing, he was sent to a mostly arts-based secondary institution mostly commonly found in cities like Posony, and it was from there that Renato really hit his stride. It was from his time in school that he was able to attract the attention of local music executives. After he graduated, he was signed onto a multi-year development deal.

International exposure was part of that development plan as well as eventual tries for WorldVision. Working with top drawer music producers and songwriters, hyped music demos were building around that name. The opportunity to go to Road to WorldVision was a source of good timing and luck for the young Izmeduan singer, and he persuaded his management team to allow him to submit to Cleaca's National Final as a way to fulfill the eventual international exposure part early on in his career. It turned out to be a good choice; he ended up winning RTWV.

Performance:

Song begins with background screens displaying a morning sunrise. Renato is standing on the catwalk that is slowly rising itself to a higher level than the one of the stage. He is standing in a shadow with only his silhouette being seen.

As the music progresses, sun on the background keeps on rising higher, with the stage lighting slowly starting to focus on Renato, revealing him wearing an outfit that consists of a black hat, T-shirt, leather jacket, tight jeans and sneakers. As the camera closes up on him, he grabs his microphone attached to a stand in front of him and leans a bit towards it, as he starts singing with a slight smile on his face.

Opened my eyes, feeling brand new
Might be losing my sanity.
Feeling weightless when I see you
Breaking rules of gravity.

By the time Renato is done with his first verse, the stage has been filled with white smoke. Background graphics show some clouds in the bright blue sky and. Throughout the chorus, Renato can be seen doing some hand movements, which consist of him constantly putting his arms wide open. Partway through the chorus, camera zooms out and shows the stage from far away. Most of the stage is covered in smoke and it looks as if Renato is really singing his song in the middle of clouds.

Hear these blue skies calling for us
Getting higher through the morning into dusk
Because you and I, we belong in the air
Flying without our fears
When you take my hand up there in our heaven
We're soaring high
We're soaring high

Renato removes his microphone from the stand and starts walking around the stage. Thanks to the customizable stage opportunities provided by the host, he moves through a predetermined path of different stage bits, each placed higher than the previous one, with smoke machines creating an effect of Renato jumping from one cloud to another.

Can't you hear my heart is beating?
Taking higher off the ground.
Don't look back, our time is fleeting.
Let the clouds now be our bound.

Renato stops on one of the stage bits, which starts lifting him higher off the ground. Renato is doing a wide variety of different hand gestures (which consist of a combination of fist pumping as well as putting his arms wide open) while standing on the platform, with smoke machines working overtime to provide enough cover for it.

Because you and I, we belong in the air
Flying without our fears
We're soaring high
We're soaring high

We belong in the air
Flying without our fears
We're soaring high

Eventually, Renato takes a seat on his platform, which slowly starts to lower itself. Background graphics changes from a bright morning sky to a more golden-reddish dusk sky. Renato puts one leg over another and flirts with the camera as he sings.

Because you and I,

Suddenly, Renato jumps down from his platform and uses some jumpy movement to make his way back to the catwalk. Background changes from a humble dusk sky to bright, glowing sunset. Renato does some fist pumping with a bright smile on his face as he jumps around on the stage and sings the final chorus.

we belong in the air
Flying without our fears
We're soaring high
We're soaring high

We belong in the air
Flying without our fears
We're soaring high

Renato jumps on one last platform, which raises him about 1 meter higher above the stage, before raising his left fist up and smiling to the crowd. Audience starts cheering with multiple Cleacan as well as Izmeduan flags getting spotted amongst others. ''Thank you Verea! Thank you everyone! You people are the best!'' Renato shouts into the microphone and puts his fist up once again, receiving another cheer from the crowd before he leaves.
Last edited by Cleaca on Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:09 am

22. Kwadai

Nation Name: Kwadai
Official Broadcaster: KDTV
Song Title: Phantom
Artist Name: Afra
Tune: Lola Blanc - The Magic

As the postcards and intro disappear, the stage is brought into focus, although completely engulfed in mist. A frame with a grey film layer in front appears to hover in mid air behind which Afra's seated silhouette can be seen. As she starts singing two masked dancers clad in black tear away the film and Afra is revealed sitting cross legged on a hidden platform with a long deep red cape trailing along the ground behind her. A single spotlight is focused on her. As the prechorus begins she stands up from her chair, still wearing the cape and advances forward, the dancers running their hands down her side.
I watch you cause I know you're watching me
A subtle glance, or one suggestive smirk too many
Follow me to where no one else can see
Drink up honey, this one's on me
Amuse me
No time for games now
My mind is open
To the emotion

Fingertips are tracing, your words are bewitching
My senses overcome, my dear

As soon as Afra begins singing the chorus, her cape is torn away and the stage is illuminated in various shades of red. The dancing is simple but rhythmic and very sensual. Her short black hair appears to shimmer slightly in the light.
Will you help me to feel it?
Glide your cold hands through my warm body
That celestial feeling
When you disappear like a phantom baby
You leave me wanting you every time
You've cast a spell over my mind
Will you tell me your secrets?
You're the phantom of my desire

As the second verse starts, the mood of the stage changes again, her appearance is now more clear, what I most striking is the cherry lipstick and dark smoky eyeshadow that seems to match her dark tanned skin tone. The dancing too ha so gardually become sharper with the dancers now being given their individual spotlights.
My darkest dreams are fulfilled
Candlelight's enough, we don't need no spotlight
Offer me up your sacred innocence
I don't know if it's real, but I want it to be
Longing eyes are searching
Only you're in mind
For you I'm ready

Fingertips are tracing, your words are bewitching
My senses overcome, my dear

The stage turns to the kaleidoscope of red light once more. Afra's smooth singing and sulty voice compliment her elegant movements and gestures as the dancers approach from behind to lift her back to the platform which is still behind the mist.
That celestial feeling

Afra motions to one of the dancers who walks over to her. She appears to be singing to the dancer who talks off her mask to let her long flowing hair fall down ove her shoulders. Afra traces her face before sliding down off the platform and returning to the front of the stage.
Pale skinned goddess, you enchant me
Will you surrender, to your imagination?
I'm not fragile, but please hold me
If you please, if you please
We both know you're gone by sunrise
One more kiss to prove you want me
Close your eyes, your lips will tell me
If you do, if you do
Oh, my lady

Finally the cape which had been discarded at the start of the song is attached back to her collar and she sings the chorus for a final time before the stage falls back into darkness and the song ends. She quietly thanks the audience in Arabic and English.
That celestial feeling

Cause I want to believe in the magic
Cause I want to believe in the magic
Last edited by Kwadai on Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Kalosia
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kalosia » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:52 pm

Kalosia
That's Just How Life Goes — Eva Renati
performed in English to the tune of Koukkuun — Ilta

Eva Renati was chosen to represent Kalosia at the 64th WorldVision Song Contest in Varea, Nekoni. She promoted her entry by performing at the WorldVision Pre-Party in Junterapten, Britonisea. Speaking about the songwriting process, she said, "I knew I had wanted to write a song so I set aside some time to do it, but when that moment came, it started raining. Looking outside the window, the sky was grey and it was chilly inside. I wanted to counter that so I made sure to make my song really cheerful sounding and fun and sunny." And after asked whether she'd carry that theme to the WorldVision stage, she said, "There will definitely be choreography. Right now we're working with the guy who arranged the dance concept for the music video to translate that energy onto the WorldVision performance."

Indeed, she will be joined by 2 female dancers on stage, who Eva has been really close with in the weeks leading up to the contest, making sure they are with her when making public appearances such as the promotional events and concerts. They will be wearing bright-colored modern, urban-themed clothing (that almost makes them look like they're about to go running) that isn't necessarily matching, but the closeness of the three of them adds a cohesive element to their appearance. Additionally, the video wall background won't be used but the strobe lights scattered throughout it will.

As the song starts, Eva and her dancers walk onto the stage as if they had just walked into a club. As Eva is about to sing, the girls get into their positions and as the first verse begins, the camera is on Eva, who also appears alone initially. As she sings, she makes gestures and expressions that reflect the lyrics that she sings.

Ever have your feelings down low?
Ever feel like you wanna go?
That’s alright, one more time, we’ll take it slow

She starts walking and the two dancers enter the frame, and the two start dancing. Eva kinda joins in on them too.
Never know which outfit to pick?
The sun is out but you’re feeling sick?
Sometimes you need just a simple trick

The three continue their choreography.
All of these places I’ve been
I’d want to do it again
So I will not run away
For a lazy day

Now they walk towards the stage in sync.
If I had all that is good
If I had riches I would
Be on a hot air balloon, flying high through the skies

But if you don’t wanna try
You wanna curl up and cry
It’s normal, just never stop, don’t give up your dreams

They partially take off their jackets to expose their shoulders (though still covered by their shirts) and do choreographed shoulder movements (just like in the video of the tune).
That's just how life goes

Now as Eva sings and shows emotion, the two break into individual dances.
What is it that you’re looking for?
Life is good but do you want more?
Gather all your troubles and show them the door

What is there to worry about?
Is your posting worth all of the clout?
Maybe you need to collect your thoughts and shout

The dancers regroup with Eva in an artistic way.
All of these places I’ve been
I’d want to do it again
So I will not run away
For a lazy day

They strut through the stage once again.
If I had riches I would

They squat and do the shoulder movements again.

The stage lights dim. One by one, they rise, and do gestures that visualize sadness.
We all have days that are sad
We all have days that are bad
When you feel down and low, but it’s not over for you

The strobe lights flash to the beat, and their movements become more dramatic as the song rebuilds its momentum.
Cause then you’ll rise like a star
And go define who you are
So just remember that we will believe in you

The stage lights return to previously, and they walk to the front of the stage again, more energized than before.
If I had riches I would

They do a final set of gestures that are different from the one involving the shoulders, it almost makes them seem as they are waving goodbye to the camera.

The song ends. Eva shouts, "Thank you Varea! We love you!"

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:27 pm

24. _Tödlichebujoku_

In Fever Dreams

Brunhilda Čida & VIECK

Brunhilda Čida and VIECK had never predicted that they would work together. In fact, they had not even known of each other's existence until after they had submitted songs to TÖBUK for consideration in WV64 and been connected by Udo Vang, one of the people in charge of submission review. He had noticed striking similarities in their concepts, and decided to take the initiative and suggest the two artists collaborate. With this revelation, and with the guidance of various music insiders associated with the broadcasters, the two artists made it through to become Tödlichebujoku's WV64 entrants with the song "In Fever Dreams".

The stage erupts in a muted dazzle of blue shades, with only the dark profiles of Brunhilda and VIECK visible on opposing sides of the stage. The dazzling intensifies and brightens with the music as whistling is heard, and suddenly the stage bursts into light, revealing VIECK, kneeling while chained to a post. Appropriate for his position, he is wearing stained, ragged clothing. Red lighting and projections makes it seem like he is spattered in red
You whip me into slavery (whip me into slavery)
And wash your hands to free of sin (wash your hands to free of sin)
Shackles borne of iron ice, work to death for your delight, fortune carried by your spite

He makes an attempt to stand up and sort of succeeds, and as the music builds, accent spotlights flash with the electronic percussive effects. Clearly pained, it takes an apparent amount of effort to raise his head to the audience
My blood runs slowly down the walls
My life, it drains with every night
My eyes begin to trick and fade, falling to twitch up again, lightning seared into my brain

With the next stanza, VIECK's eyes seem to glaze over as his head rises, seemingly of its own accord, and the lights swoop upwards and transmute into a golden-white color cheme, into a dazzling confluence of light (something like 2014 Sanna Nielson and the light cone) as fog begins to waft into the air
I tear my mind beyond this body
Free my spirit from this blight
But hunger stabs, this body screams, me back to life

The spotlights switch to a vertical orientations, with alternating rows flashing to the beat through the building mist. As if possessed by an unnatural force, VIECK suddenly gains the strength to stand up and slam himself against his pole just before the chorus
Now I'm fearing hallucinations (oh)
Lost in every pain sensation (ah)
Your prison breaks me, pieces strewn on concrete ground

He sinks to the ground and looks upwards as the camera pans above him, pointing down. The stage floor around him depicts an animated psychedelic pattern radiating outwards from him
So I dream of elimination (oh)
Just another false temptation (ah)
I'm reaching forlorn for the breezes that slip from open air

VIECK's arm is reaching out toward the audience as a sudden, stiff breeze allows for the fog to envelop him. The ambient lighting cuts out as brilliant red and white spotlights flash throughout the stage and arena, smoke and fog blowing into the stage, allowing for a silhouette of a well-muscled drummer beating a large drum to become visible. Brunhilda, in a slim blood-red dress with an equally red cape, enters center stage as the flashing lights intensify with the buildup. The ambient mist combined with the lighting gives her a glowing, ethereal appearance
In fever dreams
In fever dreams

The lights steady and now only pulse slightly, with spotlights focusing on Brunhilda as she steps toward VIECK, turning toward the audience coyly, smirking a faint bit
In fever dreams I come to you in passing
Am I your savior or am I your warden?
With every breath you take I feel you strengthen, strengthen, question, question

She turns and strides toward the audience, before pausing and rising atop a portion of the stage, her cape billowing in a faint breeze, mist seething upwards toward her
You're crawling through an everlasting hellscape
You're desiccating in an endless ocean
I waft upon the cruel silence like an illusion, glowing, tempting, rising, luring

As blocks of the stage rise behind her, she steps backwards into the mist, now stilled by a lack of breezes. Strong lights wash out her outfit so it seems like she is disappearing into light
In fever dreams
I wrap you into long-lost memories, fall in my arms
I bear you through the darkness, tormented screams
Let you live to see your passing, is that my aim?
I am your siren, fall or live through

The camera view swings to VIECK, who is straining at the full length of his chain, reaching toward Brunhilda. He falls to his knees as he sings, cold blue light slowly taking over his body, while Brunhilda is bathed in golden mist
So I hide in imagination
I sing to you in sleep
Fleeing from all these pain sensations
I hold you as you fall in deeper

The spotlights create a radial blinking pattern, with the effect of rings of light traveling to the center of the stage from the arena walls. The camera zooms in on VIECK's and Brunhilda's faces as they switch off in the chorus- VIECK desperate and agonized, Brunhilda distant and enigmatic
So I dream of elimination
I bear you through the hateful darkness
Crashing toward another false temptation
I wrap you into long-lost memories

Brunhilda, having been hooked up to a wire this whole time, floats off her platform and toward VIECK, just out of his reach. Her dress has shifted color to shimmering orange-yellow due to the heat of the spotlights
Getting lost in these hallucinations
I sing you to an endless sleep
Take my heart for morbid recreation
I am your siren, fall or live through

VIECK reaches for her, and she reaches to him, their hands just almost touching
I cry in pain at your administration
This body screams me back to life
imagination, pain sensations, hallucinations
Through fever dreams

The ambient lights cut out, leaving only a few spotlights on the performers as VIECK collapses to the floor and Brunhilda tilts to an extreme angle so that she is still reaching for him. The lights stay on for a second, and then shut off into total darkness
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Mercedini
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:04 am

25 Image Mercedini #MRC

Sebastian Sabatino - Temptation
Tune: Benjamin Ingrosso - Dance You Off

Mercedini are back and better than ever for the 64th WorldVision Song Contest, this time hosted in Varea, Nekoni, a nation hosting the competition for the first time. Another internal selection chose previous 'The Voice of Mercedini' winner Sebastian Sabatino to represent his nation for the first time, following a media frenzy about the next representative for the WorldVision Song Contest. Sabatino has been rather successful in Mercedini since his victory in Mercedini largest singing competition, mainly staying out of the limelight and writing a series of #1 hits for various artists in the sphere of Mercedinian music, now he moves in front of the microphone in the multiverse's biggest singing competition.

His song, titled 'Temptation', was written by Sabatino himself. Is an up-tempo love song which crosses a number of genres when it comes to musical composition, but has widely been branded as pop by many pundits and music listeners. Mercedini has not had a podium finish in a long while, so let's see whether Sebastian Sabatino can break that record with a performance to remember in Varea. He performs 25th in the final.

The song begins with the stage and the arena bathed in complete darkness with only two lights on, placed either side of Sabatino as he stands on an elevated platform on the centre of the stage. As he is the only thing that is lit, he commands the full attention of the arena with one side of him lit in blue, while the other side is illuminated in a vivid red, with both sides in contrasting colours as he sings the opening series of lines with his eyes closed.

My body feels paralysed
But I know you can possess it (possess it)

He begins to rock back and forward as the song finds his feet with the main melody beginning to become apparent to the viewers and the members of the audience. The audience begins to clap along to the beat of the song as Seb put his finger up to his temple to visualise the lyrics he is singing to the people watching him. The blue and red light turn to a solid white as Ben opens it eyes as the camera shows a close up of his face, leading into the opening chorus.

Feelings repeat in my mind
The only vision’s angelic (angelic)

An LED screen bought by the Mercedinian delegation then reveals itself to the audience, as it pulses in a series of reds and whites, as Seb performs a series of choreographed moves on his own, which give the impression to some that he is free-styling his moves, giving him the freedom to express himself through the medium of song and dance. White and red light flash and move around him as the melody continues to permeate through the song, with the audience clapping and waving their flags in time with the beat.

Just want your temp-temp-temptation
But I don’t want hesitation
‘Cause yeah, I love just me and you
Girl, you set me in the mood
And I like that
Yeah, I like that

A series of quick cuts gives the appearance of a polished routine by the choreographers of the performer and of the stage production, flashes of red and white continue to move around the stage as Seb moves around, clearly illuminated by the white spotlights placed upon him. Several sweeping shots are made by an elevated camera, first sweeping in from the side of the stage to the front, and then of an angle placed within the audience which moves from left to right, meaning the performance is stationary in the centre while heads and waving flags fly past in the foreground.

All remedies fade out of sight
And I don’t want the red light
Cause yeah, I love just me and you
And I like that
Yeah, I like that

Sabatino moves back into the centre of the elevated platform where the LED screen now pulses in a series in white and blue colours. The flashing lights which were present in the chorus have long since subsided, leaving the LED screen and the spotlight the only things illuminating the stage. A wide still shot of the stage encompasses the LED screen and the performer on stage, with the shot lingering on that angle to give the audience a sense of the choreography as Sabatino interacts with the shapes and colours of the LED screen.

We know two halves make a whole
We combine to make us better (better)

The camera then moves up onto the stage but stays below the elevated platform Sebastian is standing on, as the Mercedinian performer looks down at the camera as he sings the lyrics before reverting his attention back to the central camera just in time for the angle to change, now showing a close up of Sabatino's face.

You put me right where you own me
You’re there whatever the weather (and I’ve always known that)
But how (but how)
Oh how do you keep my words locked up in my mind
But you changed that, you changed that

Sabatino walks back to the centre of the elevated platform with a certain swagger and does a quick spin as the angle changes yet again, this time where his face fills the entire screen as he places a finger on his temple, mirroring the first verse where he did the same. Seb gives the camera a wry smile as he steadies himself for the second chorus. An unilluminated figure joins him on the platform, both give each other a determined look as they turn to face the audience as the second chorus.

Feelings repeat in my mind
The only vision’s angelic (angelic)

The two performers on stage perform the same choreographed performances as seen in the second performance, with the added routine of the female the only big difference between the first and second choruses. The flashing lights on the side of the stage have become more intense than the last time we saw them, with the mixtures of red, white and blue all mixing to form an ultraviolet hue on stage, regularly broken by the flashing white lights matches the bass sounds of the song.

Just want your temp-temp-temptation
But I don’t want hesitation
‘Cause yeah, I love just me and you
And I like that
Yeah, I like that

All remedies fade out of sight
And I don’t want the red light
Cause yeah, I love just me and you
And I like that
Yeah, I like that

The female spins away, leaving Sabatino all alone on stage, accompanied by the lights and the LED screen still throwing out vivid colours to the audience in the arena and the viewers at home. The camera angle then switches to an overhead view of the platform set-up, revealing the floor of the elevated platform is also LED, displaying the same graphics as on the wall behind him. The final line of the interlude turns of the stage and LED platform completely white, which Sabatino indistinguishable from the stage, as the wall of light drowns out any features of the stage, before subsiding into darkness before the final chorus comes back into life.

(I just want your temptation, give me more)
I just want your temptation, give me more
Oh how do you keep my words locked up in my mind
My mind

The darkness is broken by fireworks flying from the stage and same red and white aesthetic seen in the first chorus. Now, the choreographed aspects of the song has long since ended and Sabatino is there engaging the audience and ignoring the camera as the sweep forward once again. He moves from the centre to the side as the camera sweeps to the right, now giving his full attention to the camera as he now engages both parties watching along.

(Just want your temp-temp-temptation) You
(So I don't want hesitation) I don’t want hesitation from you now
(Girl I love just me and you)
Yeah you set me in the mood
(And I like that) I like
I like that

The backing vocalists which are currently unseen now come into their own as they sing the main elements off the chorus as Sabatino adds emphasis to the primary parts of the song. Sabatino moves down from the elevated platform and towards the front part of the stage and just in front of the crowd in the stadium. At the end of the song, Sabatino gives the crowd one final spin before holding a clenched fist in the air, completing the Mercedinian performance at the WorldVision Song Contest.

(All remedies fade out of sight) All these remedies fade out of my mind
(I don't want to see the red light) Don’t want the red light
(‘Cause yeah, I love just me and you)
And I like that
Yeah, I like that

The stadium erupts in cheers and waving flags, as Sabatino stands there, smiles and takes in the occasion. He places his hand on his heart and looks up and the stands packed with people. He bows and blows a kiss to the audience before thanking the crowd, "Grazij Varea, Thank You Nekoni!", Sabatino waves at the audience before walking off stage, making way for the next part of the show.
.................................................................................................................................
Novapax Founder • Host Portfolio • Trophy Cabinet
World CupBest: Group Stage ('77, '81, '82, '83)
Cup of HarmonyBest: Champion ('72)
U21 World CupBest: 3rd Place ('43)
U18 World CupBest: Champion ('4)
Independents CupBest: Champion ('5)
WC of HockeyBest: 2nd Place ('37)
WJHCBest: Champion ('13)
WorldVision
Best Placing: 1st (Lipa '72)Most Points: 108 pts (Lipa '72)

World Hit Festival
Best Placing: 1st ('34 & '36)Most Pts: 34 pts (Mousiki '31)
Junior World Hit Festival
Best Placing: 3rd ('3, '4 & '5)Most Pts: 26 pts (Tushlark '5)
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:57 am

ETHANE - C2H6

Daniel Helksham - Hold You
Tune: Nick Jonas: Find You

The Ethanian flag flashes up on the screen as Daniel walks on to the stage, taking his position centre-stage. He crouches down, his head looking out to the back of the arena as if ignoring all the audience, not out of nervousness but as if blanking their existence. His face is expressionless. His right hand is holding the microphone and is pressed up against his chest, while his left hand is on the floor to provide him with balance. The arena lights dim, and are replaced with a rim of bright red spotlights point upwards towards the ceiling at the centre of the stage, and a white light from the centre of the stage beaming down on to Daniel. The red lights move up and down, so they go from the centre of the stage on the ceiling all the way to pointing straight up at the side of the stage, then all the way down until they are beaming across the stage, some reflecting on Daniel. He stays crouching down for the first 3 lines of the verse. As he sings the line about having a text on his phone, he grabs what appears to be a smartphone out of his pocket, stands up, and gives it to a backup dancer whom are completing their simple choreographical routine, although quite lively, behind Daniel. After singing the 4th line of the verse, he stands up in a pop-like movement, quite sudden and quick, and strolls forward slowly towards the front of the stage.

I fell for you but I doubt that you would know,
I've got a text but it's sitting on my phone,
I can't really ask unless I really know,
So do you love me too, cause I want to hold you.
Etched on my lips, but I just can't blurt it out,
I want to sing but I can't even shout,
I whisper my love but it's not really that loud,

The lighting doesn't really change that much for the chorus, other than the addition of some white flashing lights (not quite strobe lighting, but more than normal flashing lights) along the back of the stage facing on to the stage. Daniel is bouncing, going from the centre of the stage to the left, to the right, back to the centre and repeating that, hyping the audience up, with his left arm in the air. On the screen is also a pattern flashing across the screen lights/panels. The backup dancers follow Daniel but completing their routine.

Want to hold you,
Want to hold you,
I'm too scared to ask but I just want to hold you.
Ask, ask, ask, but I,
Ask, ask, ask, but I, I can't,
Ask, ask, ask, but I,

The lighting reverts back to the way it was for the first verse. However, Daniel doesn't return to his crouching position, although he does stop jumping and moving from left to right. He starts walking slowly forward, appearing to be about to walk off the end of the stage. However, a catwalk is slowly extending in front of him into an area of dead space within the arena, utilising the hydraulics system provided by Nekoni to its limit. The spotlight doesn't follow him and turns off when he leaves the stage, but the catwalk is lined with white and red lights, which along with the general arena lights, easily illuminates Daniel. As Daniel steps off the stage and on to the catwalk, the backing dancers disappear backstage.

I have a fear and it always cripples me,
You have a plan and it doesn't include me,
So when I ask you, you'll turn away and flee,
I see your smile and it lights up the whole room,
I want to be with you but the darkness looms,
Don't want our friendship to end up down in the tombs,

The lighting again reverts to the chorus preset (with the white flashing lights) bar the white spotlight, although this time the catwalk lights are also flashing and included in the preset. The catwalk stops extending and Daniel reaches the end of it just before the start of the chorus, where he jumps up and down on the spot with his left hand in the air similar to the previous chorus, hyping the crowd up. However, after the first 2 lines the catwalk starts to raise up, with the bit he's on rising up first, followed by the other segments in step order, to form a set of steps from where Daniel is at the end of the catwalk back to the stage. This is completed at the end of the chorus.

Want to hold you,
Want to hold you,
Ask, ask, ask, but I,
Ask, ask, ask, but I,

As the chorus comes to an end, Daniel sits down at the edge of the sidewalk his feet dangling over the edge. He is looking down at the crowd as he sings the bridge. The lighting completely dims for the bridge, with the stage in complete darkness. Only the general arena lights and the catwalk lights on the segment of catwalk Daniel is on at the end of it are on, not flashing at all.

Maybe, we could have a future,
Maybe, we could be together,
Maybe, beat my fear and ask you, ask you.

After the bridge, while Daniel is signing the first part of verse 1 again, he slowly makes his way back down the catwalk, taking a while to get down while signing out to the left and the right of the catwalk on occasion. The lighting stays the same as the bridge, although when Daniel walks on to a segment of catwalk as he descends back to the stage, the lights on that part of the catwalk turn on. The lights behind him on the catwalk where he's already walked remain on.

I fell for you but I doubt that you would know,
I've got a text but it's sitting on my phone,
I can't really ask unless I really know,

At 2:45 into the song, when the music picks up the intensity again for the chorus, Daniel steps on to the stage. At that moment, the lighting returns to its chorus preset with the white lights and the stage lights on and flashing and moving. It's almost like they burst into action, triggered by Daniel stepping foot on to the stage at the same time as the chorus music starts with a pickup in intensity. At the same time, pyrotechnics launch at 4 points along the front of the stage: 2 just inside the edge of the stage left and right, and the other 2 just to the left and right of the catwalk, far enough away as to not hit Daniel. Daniel is jumping up and down in the middle of the stage, with his left arm in the air, hyping the audience. For the last line of the song, all the lights turn off, with only the spotlight shining down onto Daniel in the middle of the stage, who moves back into the position he started the song in, crouching with his left hand on the floor, microphone in his right hand by his chest.

Want to hold you,
Want to hold you,
Ask, ask, ask, but I,
Ask, ask, ask, but I,

''Thank you everyone'' Daniel shouts out across the arena. ''That was amazing, thank you so much!'' He then exits the stage.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Missus X
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Missus X » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:29 am

27 MISSUS X

Rick Leg feat. The Arms - "Bleep Machine Malfunction"
Tune: Dale Winton & The Barcodes - "Will You Dance With Me?" (RIP Dale)

Rick Leg wheels a huge "what the [bleep] is that thing" on stage which takes up the majority of the stage. Every time it bleeps, it flashes blue.

Next time I want to swear I just say [bleep bleep]
Next time I want to swear - HAIL THE BLEEP MACHINE [bleep bleep]

Rick actually said "fuck this", but the machine censored him.

A filthy bassline starts playing and lights start strobing as dancing girls walk on from each side of the stage.

(Woo!) [bleep bleep]
[bleep bleep]

(Woo! Bleep machine, bleep machine) [bleep bleep]
(Bleep machine)

Swear all you bloody like!

The fact the machine didn't censor "bloody" makes Rick turn around and start investigating as the girls provide a running commentary on what's going on.

(The machine's gone wrong!)
(Now we cannot swear all night long!)
(It's really gone wrong!)
(Fuck, we're in big trouble now!)

Rick then shouts at the machine in time to the music.

FUCK YOU, YOU USELESS PIECE OF SHIT

He kicks it and it starts working again.

Next time I want to swear - HAIL THE BLEEP MACHINE [bleep bleep]

(Woo! Bleep machine, bleep machine)
(Bleep machine, bleep machine)
(Woo! Bleep machine, bleep machine)
(Bleep machine)

The machine starts smoking.

Then it explodes.

FUCK YOU, YOU USELESS PIECE OF SHIT

Now there's no telling of when it will bleep.

(Woo!) Next time I want to swear I just say [bleep bleep]
(Woo!) Next time I want to swear I just say [bleep bleep]
Next time I want to swear - FUCK THE BLEEP MACHINE

The lighting changes into a sexual nature as the girls starting making love to the on-fire bleep machine.

(Bleeping on you)
(When it bleeps with you)
(Bleeping on you)
(When it bleeps with you)

The lights change back to a normal motif and they stop making love.

(Bleep machine)

FUCK YOU, YOU USELESS PIECE OF SHIT!

During the instrumental breakdown the machine bleeps and the dancing gets all... dancy. They start breakdancing, Rick included, for no reason other than it fits the song. The lights start strobing again.

(Woo!) [bleep bleep]
[bleep bleep]

(Woo!) [bleep bleep]

They stop breakdancing and start sexualising around Rick.

(The machine's gone wr--)

Suddenly everything stops as a man extinguishes the fire on the machine which restores it to normal working condition for some reason.

The audience are stunned into total silence.
Last edited by Missus X on Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nekoni
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nekoni » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:02 pm

Alice Florien and Miki Lazaretti have returned after the last entry.

Alice (left): "And that's that! You've now heard all of the entries that make up the sixty-fourth WorldVision Song Contest!"
Miki (right): "The easy part is done. Now comes the important and difficult decision: which one is your favourite?"
Alice: "In mere moments we will open the phone and SMS lines, and you'll have just a few minutes to choose your favourite entry. Of course, you cannot vote for your own country!"
Miki: "As much as we'd like to, Nekoni! And of course, always ask the bill payer's permission before you do, and if you try to call after the fifteen minutes have expired, your vote won't count, and you may still be charged!"
Alice: "So I think the time has come, hasn't it?"
Both: "World, are you ready!?"
The audience's thunderous cheers make the answer to the question pretty obvious.
Both: "START VOTING NOW!"
Last edited by Nekoni on Mon May 07, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eurovision apologist, International Broadcast Alliance founding member

Debuted in 26, currently entered 29 times

Wins: 2 (70, 92)
Podiums: 3 (70, 80, 92)
Top 10s: 12 (46, 63, 64, 70, 71, 73, 75, 78, 80, 90, 92, 94)
Hostings: 3 (64, 80, 94)

Former Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiacchi, now Polaris Racing Team
WGPC 13 Drivers & Constructors Champion
7-time Grand Prix Host
Renowned* Track Designer

*by himself

Besen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

1 // Besen

Postby Besen » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:39 pm

1 • Besen
Samantha Jersoin, commentator, spokesperson (WV63)

A truly magnificent show tonight, with acts who have really started the party in here!
And now, here are the Besenian points!

1 • Platerdam
2 • Izmedu
3 • Lachana
4 • Polkopia
5 • Togonistan
6 • Mercedini
7 • Mabuhay Land

8 points are for...
Estogium

10 points go to...
Adab

Finally, our 12 points, we send to...
Britonisea

Britonisea

Estogium

See you soon, world!
Last edited by Besen on Wed May 09, 2018 9:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

Nusalia
Envoy

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nusalia » Tue May 01, 2018 5:02 am

2. Nusalian Vote!

Anggun Lasmi, a Nusalian music observer

"I was heard every songs in Worldvision Song Contest 64 and that's performing great tunes from every nations."

1. Platerdam - 12 pts
2. Mister X - 10 pts
3. Estogium - 8 pts

4. Nekoni - 7 pts
5. Togonistan - 6 pts
6. Britonisea - 5 pts
7. Kalosia - 4 pts
8. Adab - 3 pts
9. Mabuhay Land - 2 pts
10. Mercedini - 1 pts

Thanks for Worldvision Song Contest 64! and wait for next nusalian perform in Worldvision 65.
Last edited by Nusalia on Sat May 05, 2018 10:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
N E G A R A -- N U S A L I A -- -- S A T U -- I D E N T I T A S

National Factbook | Nusalian Parliamentary Debates | Air Nusalian | Lapak Diskusi Indonesia

The Authoritarian Republic of Lochario
Envoy

Founded: Aug 10, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Authoritarian Republic of Lochario » Tue May 01, 2018 5:07 am

Lochario

Hey Worldvision fans!!! Here's our Locharian Jury points

1-Besen
2-Adab
3-Mister X
4-Missus X
5-Togonistan
6-Lachana
7-Vartugia

8 points go to...........
CLEACA

10 points go to......
BRITONISEA

12 points go to......
NORMANDY AND PICARDY

Darkmania
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Darkmania » Tue May 01, 2018 8:58 am

03/ 23. Darkmania

Kärolina Füks ("Spokesperson")

Hello y`all. Darky is back to slay, here in Ekoz. Is this the rigth place?

I don't know. So here are the results from Darkmania.

1 point to Adab
2 points to Togonistan
3 points to Mister X
4 points to Britonisea
5 points to Estogium
6 points to Lachana
7 points to Cleaca

Now its time for top three. Before I cast those. I want to have a moment of silence for the nation of FUCK HOT VIRGIN PUS- who didn't got the points on WHF 38. Ah well... Shit happens.

Now

Our 8 points got eaten by... Besen
10 plane flies and accidentally hit...Platerdam
12 potatoes got farmed by... Nusalia

That was the points from Darkmania. Good luck, Mister X on this.
Last edited by Darkmania on Sun May 06, 2018 1:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

DATV NEWS - [NEWS] • [SPORT]

Vartugia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vartugia » Tue May 01, 2018 9:13 am

05/ 26. Vartugia

This Forum Post Made By Someone On The Internet

OOC: The one on the pic is not the real one. The vote below is the rigth one.

Hello. I am a forumpost on NationStates and here are Vartugia`s points.

1-Adab
2-Mercedini
3-Mister X
4-Cleaca
5-Darkmania
6-Mabuhay Land
7-Besen

8 trains to Ethane
10 pints drunk to Missus X
12 plane (-bad 9/11- joke-) on Kalosia
Last edited by Vartugia on Wed May 02, 2018 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puppet of Darkmania

You are reading this signature, didn't you? If so, then have a nice day, and may whatever you believe in bless you.

Estogium
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

This is Estograd Calling...

Postby Estogium » Tue May 01, 2018 12:35 pm

THIS IS ESTOGRAD CALLING...
ESTOGIUM

"Hello babies, my name is Sierra Winchester and I will be reading the top votes from Estograd, Estogium. I hope you had a fantastic evening, my darlings. On the screen now are the first eight points."

8 - MERCEDINI
7 - ETHANE
6 - TOGONISTAN
5 - ANTHABRANTAHSTAN
4 - BRITONISEA
3 - PROLUVIA
2 - NEKONI
1 - PLATERDAM

"Our ten points are going straight to the nation of... MABUHAY LAND!"

"Right, and our twelve points are going over to...........IZMEDU! See you next edition."

Didn't get any points here? Watch out for the Britonish votes to see whether you made the top 18!
Last edited by Estogium on Wed May 02, 2018 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Togonistan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 08, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Wed May 02, 2018 11:14 am

Togonistan voting

Mareta Ioane, Togonistani singer and actress.

Mareta: ''Good evening Varea and thank you so much for this incredible evening. Here are the results of Togonistani jury and televoting:''

7p - Kalosia
6p - Nekoni
5p - Besen
4p - Antahbrantahstan
3p - Ethane
2p - Missus X
1p - Mercedini

Mareta: ''8 points from Togonistan go to...''

Izmedu

Mareta: ''Our 10 points go to...''

Britonisea

Mareta: ''And finally, 12 points from Togonistan go to...''

Darkmania

Cleaca
Secretary

Founded: May 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cleaca » Wed May 02, 2018 11:44 am

Cleacan voting

Aryan Enometua, CBC executive supervisor

Aryan: ''Good evening Varea, here are the results from Cleaca:''

7p - Lachana
6p - Estogium
5p - Tödlichebujoku
4p - Nekoni
3p - Mabuhay Land
2p - Darkmania
1p - Platerdam

Aryan: ''8 points go to...''

Nusalia

Aryan: ''Our 10 points go to...''

Izmedu

Aryan: ''And our 12 points go to...''

Mister X

Nekoni
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nekoni » Wed May 02, 2018 12:42 pm

"For our next set, we go literally down the road to the NTR offices for the Nekonian vote!"

"Thanks, guys! We are live from Varea just like yourselves! I can tell you've had a fantastic night, we could hear the ambiance through the walls! These are the results of the Nekonian vote:"

Eurovision apologist, International Broadcast Alliance founding member

Debuted in 26, currently entered 29 times

Wins: 2 (70, 92)
Podiums: 3 (70, 80, 92)
Top 10s: 12 (46, 63, 64, 70, 71, 73, 75, 78, 80, 90, 92, 94)
Hostings: 3 (64, 80, 94)

Former Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiacchi, now Polaris Racing Team
WGPC 13 Drivers & Constructors Champion
7-time Grand Prix Host
Renowned* Track Designer

*by himself

Proluvia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proluvia » Wed May 02, 2018 12:47 pm

"Eight down, but many votes still left to go! Our next nation comes live from the streets of Nova Truare! Proluvia, good evening!"

"Buonasera, friends from Nekoni! This is Proluvia speaking, live from the Nove Truare International Stadium! It's not as stunning as yours, but it's only our first contest! Give it time! Whilst you're waiting, here, of course, is the results of the Proluvian vote:"

Nekoni's bit on the side.

Platerdam
Envoy

Founded: Jan 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Platerdam » Thu May 03, 2018 5:36 pm

P L A T E R D A M ' S
V O T I N G

Austin Terrance, famous platerdammer comedian and Platerdam's official spokes-person.

''Hello, thicc bois. Anyways, these are Platerdam's votes for the WV contest. yay.''

1 | Vartugia
2 | Estogium
3 | Missus X
4 | Cleaca
5 | Nekoni
6 | Mercedini
7 | Britonisea

The 8 points go to...
Besen

The 10 points go to...
Mister X

The 12 points go to...
Darkmania

''Can I go now?''
THE FEDERAL STATES OF PLATERDAM - STATI FEDERATI DI PLATERDAM

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Sat May 05, 2018 9:34 pm

Polkopia calling:

1 point: Togonistan
2 points: Platerdam
3 points: Ethane
4 points: Izmedu
5 points: Britonisea
6 points: Darkmania
7 points: Tödlichebujoku

8 points: Besen

10 points: Adab

12 points: Cleaca
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Adab
Negotiator

Founded: May 28, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Adab » Sun May 06, 2018 12:24 am

Adab voting results:

12 - Togonistan
10 - Polkopia
8 - Izmedu
7 - Kalosia
6 - Cleaca
5 - Nekoni
4 - Mercedini
3 - Platerdam
2 - Britonisea
1 - Nusalia
Male, 23, Indonesian

Major partner in free association with Faraby (that's my puppet/secondary nation IRL).

Factbook

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.
-Muhammad Ali

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Sun May 06, 2018 3:48 am

12 Mercedini
10 Adab
8 Kalosia
7 Ethane
6 Besen
5 Missus X
4 Todlichebujoku
3 Cleaca
2 Estogium
1 Polkopia
Last edited by Mister X on Sun May 06, 2018 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
MISTER X
WV29: 19th, debut
WV30: 10th, first top 10
WV31: 8th, new PB
WV33: 3rd, new PB
WV34: 6th, first hosting
WVYF: 11th, last place
WV52: 2nd, new PB
WV59: 7th, second hosting
WV62: 1st, first victory

Missus X
Spokesperson