NATION

PASSWORD

Vapor: A Steampunk RP Region (OOC v.6.0)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Volcanu
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Volcanu » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:10 pm

Vapor Administration wrote:
Svalburg wrote:
Nationstates Account:The Borderlands of Svalburg
Nation Name:Svalburg
Government type:Semi-Independent Borderland/Frontier
Name and title of Nation Leader:N/A
Demonym:Svalburgian/Svalgothen
Official language(s) (de jure):Svalgisch (Flemish/Dutch)
Commonly spoken language(s) (de facto):Svalgisch (Flemish/Dutch), Drachensprache
Brief History:A former colony of Drachenstaat, Svalburg broke free from their former ruler at the end of the Great war. Now the land is carved up between corporate enclaves and Noble holds, with the occasional city state mixed in. Know for its bountyfull reasources many prospectors travel there in search of gold and other precious materials. Few ever return... The coastal ports and fishing hamlets often house beside the regular fishermen, Whalers, smugglers and pirate gangs. The Harsh climate and dangerous wildlife make the locals hardy, serious and hardworking people, living day by day never planning too far ahead. Most of the wildland is Svalgothen territory, These natives live very feudal life styles and often clash with the foreigners that move there.
RL Cultural Inspiration(s):Norway/Svalbard, Flanders, Alaskan/Canadian Frontiers, Siberian frontier states.
Religion in you nation:Paganism, Ancestor worship, The Drachenkult
Economic Info:Fishing/whale Fishing, Forestry, Farming, Delving of raw resources, Simple manufacturing, Crafts
Military Info:N/A
Est. total land area (mainland and colonies):338,424 km²
Est. total population (mainland and colonies):6,5 million
Proposed land claim (drawn on a map):https://i.imgur.com/QoSbywx.png
Other Interesting Facts/Info about your nation:"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
RP Sample:https://www.nationstates.net/region=the_coalition_of_governments/page=display_region_rmb?postid=30135468#p30135468

Here ya go Tovarish.

ACCEPTED, on the condition that one of the cities claims control over the whole region, in a fashion not unlike Warlord China.

Volcanu wrote:
Nationstates Account: Volcanu
Nation Name: Yellowstonia
Government type: Capitalistic Monarchy
Name and title of Nation Leader: King Harriett
Demonym: Yellowstonian
Official language(s) (de jure): English
Commonly spoken language(s) (de facto): English
Brief History: Yellowstonia was formed by the unification of multiple tribes in the Yellowstone area after the tribes decided it was best for their survival. The have been ravaged by many natural disasters such as earthquakes, blizzards and steam explosions.
RL Cultural Inspiration(s): England culture and Eastern Shoshone culture
Religion in you nation: Catholicism
Economic Info: Mining, Logging, Fishing and Hunting
Military Info: 1,000 Steam Tanks, 400 Airships, 2,000 cannons and 980,636 troops.
Est. total land area (mainland and colonies): 3,471 mi²
Est. total population (mainland and colonies): 5.6 million
Proposed land claim (drawn on a map):
Other Interesting Facts/Info about your nation: Uses Geothermal energy
RP Sample: None

REJECTED, you are, rather unfortunately, not what this administration has in mind. We are sorry.
What do I need to do?
Volcanu is a highly volcanic nation.

F is for fire that burns down the whole town
U is for uranium... BOMBS!
N is for no survivors

Member of Greater Olympus- A realistic region with an original and detailed map, with a fun RP community. Come check us out.

Yasuragi
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 24, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Yasuragi » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:05 pm

A work in progress ranking system for the Clockwork Empire's various social classes and occupations. It's worth noting that the Censors (name subject to heavy change) exist outside of the ranking system as they only report to senior Censors and the Grand Secretary/PM/Protector (depending on what era we're in) -- yet they can order around people of lower rank than them. This means a Circuit Censor can order around Captains, but cannot order around a Colonel, nor can the Colonel order them around.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:49 am

Run, run, for Liec is here.

Nationstates Account: Liecthenbourg.
Nation Name: The West Pahadan Rail and Automata Arms Corporation, running the Southern Economic Co-Operation and Native Development Initiative on behalf of the Clockwork Empire | West Pahadan Rail | SECOND Initiative
Government type: I don't think one exists that I can use an established name for, so I'll do you one better: Why is Gamora?!. Its a (Clockwork state run) corporation overseeing the day-to-day life of a host of states and territories, including vassals, in Pahada on behalf of the Clockwork Empire. Its run like a corporation, but its head is both a businessman and a military-man. Democracy certainly does not exist, and the corporation runs everything from schooling to farming: a corporate military junta dictatorship lovechild, with ungodly results.
Name and title of Nation Leader: Grand Commandant Zhang Xieren, Defender of the Realm, Chief Executive Officer of West Pahadan Rail and Automata Arms and Admiral of the Air-Fleet.
Demonym: Korrukku, Korrukkans, 'Clockies', 'Pahadans'
Official language(s) (de jure): Onghiri
Commonly spoken language(s) (de facto): Hanchiyuan, Nishon, 'Pahadan' (Given the complexities of the Indian sub-continent and things based on it, imagine this as a universal 'Esperanto' developed by the Clockwork Empire to make everyone speak the same language for imperialistic reasons.), Sangam (Tamil), Rukhanan (Malayalam)
Brief History:

• 1900: Zhang Xieren joins 'the Great Undertaking'/"Steppe Revitalisation Programme" as a junior admin (due to the connections of his wife), following an injury in the great war that severed his part of his right leg.
  • 1901 - 1907: A steady rise through the ranks, admin seems to be his thing. Appointed to Vice Commandant of the Great Undertaking and is brought to the attention of the Emperor with the immense profitability the programme brings.
  • 1908: Zhang is appointed Head of the Programme, seeing his networking and influence rise as he continues the work of his now replaced predecessor.
  • 1910: Clockwork Emperor pushes for conquests abroad, spurring the Pahadan campaign that begins a steady conquest on the West Pahadan coast.
  • 1912: Zhang Xieren is appointed Grand Commandant of the 'SECOND INITIATIVE' and becomes CEO of the state-run joint-conglomerate operating in the area: West Pahadan Rail and Automata Arms.
  • 1912 - late 1920s: Zhang undertakes conquests and campaigns of his own, bringing more territory under the Clockwork Empire as vassals and expanding his own direct holdings. He takes Kadaura, Raghwa and Nirni early on in his control of the Initiative, and in the mid 1920s takes control of the three kingdoms of Atra, Ait and Nagara.

RL Cultural Inspiration(s): Japanese Manchuria (conceptually), India for the territory its in.
Religion in you nation: Daigo Nosuhai or Worship of the Five, as seen in Mish's app -- with the addition of several native Pahadan religions; which range from what can be described as variants of Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism and animistic faiths. If required, I can try to in-depthly get into these. If they happen to already exist elsewhere, I can accommodate.
Economic Info: The company embodies state run capitalism at its finest and West Pahadan Rail finds itself in total control of the area its within. As an economic organ it facilities the construction of infrastructure, levies taxes and uses these to continue to expand Clockwork interests. It pays a portion of its GDP (I'm not an economist so I wont go too far into numerical detail) to the Clockwork Empire, and in turn receives additional revenue and investments from projects it requires. The economy revolves around production, mineral extraction, shipbuilding, commerce and the establishment of strong ports now that the Empire has been subjected to the ridicule of 'treaty ports'. West Pahadan Rail also receives a fair amount of income from its vassals, which pay a modest sum to ensure that the company has adequate funds to resume her projects.
Military Info: Zhang has three armies at his disposal. A decree from the Clockwork Emperor has highlighted that West Pahadan Rail has authority over Clockwork troops stationed in the area. The company employs a large security detail as well -- and as an arms manufactury, shipbuilder and containing several permits from state aircraft manufacturers, produces much of its own navy and airfleet. Thirdly and finally, Zhang Xieren and his company hold several, fluctuating from 3 to 6, depending on the year, vassals. These are to provide soldiery when Zhang, or his superiors, call for it.

West Pahadan Security: 120,000 soldiers, mainly composed of natives from the territory directly under the company's control. They are equipped and fed by the company and are primarily used to protect the most important investments the Clockwork Empire has in the region: from rail and telegraph lines, to Skyscraper-ports and ports all the same.

Imperial Soldiery: The Clockwork Empire maintains part of its standing army within the company's controlled territory, nominally to now defend the huge swathe of a border that Xieren has delivered to the empire. Depending on Mish's generosity, this could number anywhere. Ideally, around 60,000 should be cool.

Vassal Armies: Kadaura, the largest of Xieren's vassals, maintains a standing army of 80,000 soldiers. The largest follow on with 60,000 (Atra), 60,000 (Raghwa), 40,000 (Nirni), 33,000 (Ait) and 27,000 (Nagara). Their quality fluctuates, but Pahadan Rail takes care to regulate their actual combat effectiveness in comparison to its own readily available forces.

Company Airfleet: Some 30,000 people from the directly controlled area are employed in the company's airfleet. This consists of 23 airborne combat vessels and a few dozen shipping and scouting vessels. West Pahadan Rail and Automata Arms also produced Xieren's personal flagship, the Skyscraper 弱点 (Ruòdiǎn), armed with heavy calibre guns on its underside. Its presence throughout West Pahada is a common sight, its daunting presence a symbol of the Clockwork Empire's ever-expanding ambition in the area.

Company Navy: Unlike the rest of the Clockwork Empire, which delegates specific maritime cities to command a navy, the state-owned West Pahand Rail and Automata Arms does indeed currently have a navy at its disposal. I'm not too sure on the actual amount of servicemen needed, but a fleet of 3 dreadnoughts, 4 battlecruisers, 20 heavy cruisers, 28 light cruisers, 48 destroyers, 81 torpedo boats and 19 submarines is currently employed in naval bases throughout the Sea of Dragons.

Est. total land area (mainland and colonies): 300k square miles for the directly controlled land proper, with close to a million with vassals included.
Est. total population (mainland and colonies): 38 million ~ in directly controlled, with 84 million ~ in the vassals.
Proposed land claim (drawn on a map): Black demarcates directly controlled territory, red is vassals.
Other Interesting Facts/Info about your nation: In case it wasn't clear (:P) this is very much based on the Mantetsu Corporation. I'm indeed playing as a vassal myself, and that is fine. I'm aware a lot of stuff is unnamed, but I can get to that once I do a bit more of reading on Indian naming and the like. As always, if anything needs amending, please let me know. A lot of this was informed, but a fair bit was a stab in the dark.
RP Sample: What I believe to be my best P2TM post, Here's my main IIwiki work, Proof I can type until my fingers bleed.
Last edited by Liecthenbourg on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Fanaglia
Senator

Founded: Nov 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:21 pm

I've got posts up in Bump and in the coronation
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook
OOC: Fanaglia is a steampunk nation; whenever I post IC, I'm posting from 1886. That, or from some sort of weird time rift in which my characters don't realize they are in fact 127 years in the future.
Barringtonia wrote:Only dirty hippies ride bicycles, white supremacists don't ride bicycles EVER, although the Nazis did steal a lot of bicycles from the Dutch, but that was to use the steel to make TANKS!

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Jesus H. Christ on a jelly pogo stick of justice.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:NS forums are SUPERGOOGLE.

The power of dozens of ordinary humans simultaneously interrogating a search engine with slightly different keywords. I'm getting all teared up just thinking of the power.

Inoroth
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 19, 2012
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Inoroth » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:41 pm

Fanaglia wrote:I've got posts up in Bump and in the coronation

I too have posted on Bump, and unless someone who has a character in that knot of conversation with Vinchero objects, I will be posting on Crown soon as well.
Life is what you make it -- I made it into a peach cobbler
cosmopolitan/nationalistic: 4%
secular/religious: 63%
visionary/reactionary: 39%
anarchistc/authoritarian: 25%
communistic/capitalistic: 37%
pacifistic/militaristic: 48%
ecological.anthropological: 66%
I am apperantly a Neo-Conservative... who knew?

Inoroth's Military Here.
Nations Represented By This Account: Inoroth, New Inorothian Space Empire,

Inoroth's Factbook Here

"A fool's words cut down friends on the eve of battle" - Vinchero

Razonica
Envoy

Founded: Jun 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Razonica » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:37 pm

Sorry I’ve not been posting. I’ve been very busy thanks to my family obligations and work.
A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken short cut to meet it.

Fanaglia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:17 pm

I've updated the OP with a fresh map to include Liec (West Pahadan Rail). Also got a post up in Bump

Razonica wrote:Sorry I’ve not been posting. I’ve been very busy thanks to my family obligations and work.

It's OK ~ we've all been there :)
Last edited by Fanaglia on Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook
OOC: Fanaglia is a steampunk nation; whenever I post IC, I'm posting from 1886. That, or from some sort of weird time rift in which my characters don't realize they are in fact 127 years in the future.
Barringtonia wrote:Only dirty hippies ride bicycles, white supremacists don't ride bicycles EVER, although the Nazis did steal a lot of bicycles from the Dutch, but that was to use the steel to make TANKS!

The power of dozens of ordinary humans simultaneously interrogating a search engine with slightly different keywords. I'm getting all teared up just thinking of the power.

Fanaglia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:34 am

Also updated the map in the OP with Svalburg (sorry I forgot you there!)
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook

Inoroth
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Inoroth » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:33 pm

Yay Fan, Drachenstaat finally has a buddy up there!

Inoroth's Military Here.

Inoroth's Factbook Here

Pavlostani
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pavlostani » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:58 pm

Nationstates Account: Pavlostani
Nation Name: The Dominion of Appelan
Government type: Theocracy/Cryptocracy
Name and title of Nation Leader: Father Cathenga (de jure)
Cypher (de facto)
In a personal union with the Patriarch of the Faith of the Heralds
Demonym: Appelanese
Official language(s) (de jure): Old Imperial (An offshoot of Pavlostani)
Commonly spoken language(s) (de facto): Modern standard Pavlostani
Brief History: During the reign of Highking Yellam, Appelan was a powerful tribe on the southern border of Pavlostani. Yellam's invasion of Appelan shaped the country for centuries to come. Facing a foe with more numbers, more advanced technology, and an unparalleled bloodlust, Appelan was pushed to the brink of defeat. One patriot, named Tenga, confided in the Appelanese chieftain that he was the bastard brother of Yellam. Yellam had no heirs and a male lover and it was believed the royal line would die with him. Tenga believed should Yellam die, he would be the successor. Appelan launched multiple assassination attempts on Yellam, but none succeeded. Enraged, Yellam ordered the extermination of the Appelanese populace. The Appelanese genocide is denied in the Forged Kingdom of Pavlostani to this day. After four years of constant defeat, the Appelanese were forced out of their capital and Tenga watched as his home burned. Afterwards, he donned a white robe, and walked down to the ruined center. There stood Highking Yellam, surveying the damage. In his pain and rage, Tenga stabbed Yellam through the heart. The First Pavlostani Empire shattered that day. After the war, Tenga devoted his life to building and running a quiet monastery outside of the ruins of old Appelan. The Appelanese survivors began to rebuild around the monastary, which became known as Grounds of Being. The Appelanese Remnant remained staunchly isolationist for several centuries, scarred by their memory of the war.

Grounds of Being, having originated from a monastery town, represented a religious revival not present in the Pavlostani kingdoms. Like the Pavlostani, the Appelanese followed the Faith of the Heralds and devoted themselves to Cathe, Herald of the Moon. Scholarship was inextricably connected to worship of Cathe and several prominent universities opened in Grounds of Being. The rate of technological advancement increased sharply and Appelan began to grow. Capitalism came to Appelan earlier than its neighbors thanks to increasingly advanced tools and methods of production.

Unbeknownst to the Appelanese populace, Tenga's disciples, the Order of the Tengin, survived and have continued to grow in their government. Although the Order is primarily based in Pavlostani, the Grandmaster of the Order has authority over the father of the Grounds of Being monastery. The Order is crucial to Appelan's safety in the region; one of the goals of their conspiracy within Pavlostani is to ensure the security of the Dominion of Appelan.

In the year 1924, the Order is destroyed by Supreme Leader Karga of the United Pavlostani Imperium. The Dominion of Appelan, fearing the expansion of fascist Pavlostani, has begun to prepare for war...
RL Cultural Inspiration(s): Tibet
Religion in you nation: Faith of the Heralds
Economic Info: Appelan boasts a powerful manufacturing base, mostly due to their advanced technology. GDP per capita is extremely high as a result. Appelan specializes in engines, armaments, industrial tools, and aircraft.
Military Info: The military of Appelan is based entirely on land and air, as the landlocked nation has no navy to speak of. Appelan has not fought a war in several centuries and maintains a standing army of 10,000, as well as an air corps of 5,000. In times of war, the Appelanese army will swell to 70,000 and the air corps to 40,000. The military makes use of early machine guns, armor prototypes, and advanced airships with aeroplane escorts by 1906.
Est. total land area (mainland and colonies):
Est. total population (mainland and colonies): 15 million
Proposed land claim (drawn on a map): That bulge on Pavlostani
Other Interesting Facts/Info about your nation: Was tempted to call it Voerdeland
RP Sample: Oh hello
Last edited by Pavlostani on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:21 am, edited 2,742,950,128,932 times in total

Fanaglia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:07 pm

I've got the OP to my civil war prologue posted and linked in the OOC OP. It's called The Fall of the House of Ziegler. I'm not ready for others to start posting yet, but it's a start :)
Last edited by Fanaglia on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook

Cygnar
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cygnar » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:56 pm

I'm back
Vitzenburg wrote:Cygnar, high on powa! Just try to stop him! He'll sock ya in the mouth as his boys Vitz and Servoth come a knockin!

Cyprum Xecuii wrote:
Servoth wrote:Micro-dick.

Our micro dicks make lots of people. Your 'larger' dicks still create a .000000000000000000000001 % growth rate.
EASTERNERS UNITE!
Servoth wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:What burns in Life, itself burns in Death. To Hades is smote, thee who defy the Divine.

Divine! Bah! We could build a god from our own foundries.
Unidox wrote:LSD, no thanks. Give me some NSG.

Oh, hell yeah, thats the stuff...
♔ ||Cygnaran Königreich|| ♔
♔ ||Steampunk-Dieselpunk Nation|| ♔

Cyprum Xecuii
Senator

Founded: Jan 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyprum Xecuii » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:07 pm

My my my, this RP group is still going strong. I know for a fact that I can't post on the daily (or even yearly) so I won't apply or reapply for any position, but it is definitely nice to see this...existing as it is. I'm surprised I still remember my nation password.

Yasuragi
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 24, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Yasuragi » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:48 pm

Cyprum Xecuii wrote:My my my, this RP group is still going strong. I know for a fact that I can't post on the daily (or even yearly) so I won't apply or reapply for any position, but it is definitely nice to see this...existing as it is. I'm surprised I still remember my nation password.
Cygnar wrote:I'm back

Two new old people returning in a day? My goodness. Well, pleasure to see you both still around.

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:20 am

Yasuragi wrote:
Cyprum Xecuii wrote:My my my, this RP group is still going strong. I know for a fact that I can't post on the daily (or even yearly) so I won't apply or reapply for any position, but it is definitely nice to see this...existing as it is. I'm surprised I still remember my nation password.
Cygnar wrote:I'm back

Two new old people returning in a day? My goodness. Well, pleasure to see you both still around.

What's next, Sri returning from the void?
I'm really tired

Fanaglia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:47 am

Where's Wirbel?
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook

Cygnar
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cygnar » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:01 pm

I'm in the same boat... but seeing these threads brought back so many good memories! I might be able to get something going soon enough though
Vitzenburg wrote:Cygnar, high on powa! Just try to stop him! He'll sock ya in the mouth as his boys Vitz and Servoth come a knockin!

Cyprum Xecuii wrote:
Servoth wrote:Micro-dick.

Our micro dicks make lots of people. Your 'larger' dicks still create a .000000000000000000000001 % growth rate.
EASTERNERS UNITE!
Servoth wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:What burns in Life, itself burns in Death. To Hades is smote, thee who defy the Divine.

Divine! Bah! We could build a god from our own foundries.
Unidox wrote:LSD, no thanks. Give me some NSG.

Oh, hell yeah, thats the stuff...
♔ ||Cygnaran Königreich|| ♔
♔ ||Steampunk-Dieselpunk Nation|| ♔

Inoroth
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Inoroth » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:36 pm

Hey all, I know that things may seem less active here on the NS OOC thread, but we've been chugging along at a nice clip on our discord. If you are not already a part of it, I'd like to once again extend the invitation to join in the fun, as we're very active on there.

There should be some NS activity coming soon as well though. I know I am almost finished with a post for "What Lies Beneath", and there has been progress made towards getting a Great War Thread up as well.

We are also be starting a recruitment drive, helping to fill in the area around Drachenstaat in particular.

One of the things we've discussed on the discord are some of the factions in Drachenstaat's civil war, and I'm proud to unveil the flag for the Monarchist faction based in Svalburg and backed by Inoroth:

If you have anything else that you are working on, feel free to share here in the OOC, and if you know anyone who might be interested in joining, encourage them to fill out an app!
Last edited by Inoroth on Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inoroth's Military Here.

Inoroth's Factbook Here

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates