NATION

PASSWORD

1980 Lebanese Civil War OOC signups OPEN

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Shurjah
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

1980 Lebanese Civil War OOC signups OPEN

Postby Shurjah » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:01 pm

LEBANON

The civil war in Lebanon has been raging for 5 years now a lot has changed in the region as well including the newly established Islamic Republic of Iran and their war with Iraq and Syria has intervened sending thousands of soldiers since 1976. Now several groups battle for control of Lebanon encompassing many races, religions, and ideologies and sometimes overlapping one another and fighting one another.

In the midst of the chaos, American CIA operative Bill Buckley was kidnapped by members of the Party of Justice an Arab Nationalist group at war with the occupation forces. The US Government dispatched Gregory Sears an expert tracker and special forces soldier with the goal of recovering Buckley from the Party of Justice as well as gathering info on the Party of Justice. However not everything is as it seems, and only time will tell of what the true situation is. Now it is 1980 the war is still undecided multiple nations and groups are involved and the actions made from here on will ultimately affect the war.

Rules:
No Godmodding or Metagaming
Keep it realistic
No OOC in the IC
You may control multiple groups but only one country
You may play as another country (i.e. you can sign up as Italy or whatever)
You may play as your own country
You may create your own group or play as a real one
Follow my guidelines

Applications:
Code: Select all
Application for country
[b]Nationstates Name:[/b]
[b]Nation Name:[/b]
[b]History of Nation:[/b] (Describe your country in the year 1980. NOT necessary is choosing a real country)

[b]Ideology:[/b] (What ideology rules your nation, what political part rules your nation?)
[b]Head of State:[/b]
[b]Faction:[/b] (Who will you be supporting.)

ORBAT

Application for groups
[b]Nationstates Name:[/b]
[b]Group Name:[/b]
[b]Group's background:[/b] (Describe your group. NOT necessary is choosing a real group)

[b]Ideology:[/b]
[b]Leader(s):[/b]
[b]Faction:[/b] (Who will you be supporting.)

ORBAT

OPTIONAL
Application for individual characters
[b]Basic Characteristics[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age: [/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Ethnicity:[/b]
[b]Country of origin:[/b]
[b]Faction:[/b]

[b]Physical Attributes[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Eye Colour:[/b]
[b]Hair colour:[/b]

[b]Characteristics[/b]
[b]Background:[/b]

[b]Equipment:[/b]

Application for groups
Nationstates Name: The State of Shurjah
Group Name: The Justice Party
Group's background: The group is officially part of PLO/Fatah and is part of the Pro-Syrian however as a result of the Iran-Iraq war and Syria's support for Iran and the rivalry between Saddam Hussein and Hafez Al-Assad within the Baath Party Iraq deployed a military advisor to Lebanon to rally support to establish a Pro-Baghdad group in Lebanon to covertly sabotage and ultimately destroy the Syrian coalition and other groups that will pose a threat to a Iraqi-Baathist future in Lebanon using any means necessary.

Ideology: Iraqi Baathism
Leader(s): "Abu Adnan" Tarik Khalil Cheik
Faction: PLO/Fatah, Syria (Iraq covertly)

ORBAT
500 men
41 squads
12 men per squad (all equipped with various assault rifles such as Kalashnikovs, FNs and a few M16s)
4 BMPs
Dozens of technicals
32 SPG-9s
15 Mortars
1 T-55
Last edited by Shurjah on Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ابداع صدقني
سواسته صكه خفيفه ما حقينا إلا الي كيفه

Bronze Serpent
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bronze Serpent » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:28 pm

Basic Characteristics
Name: Gregory Sears
Ethnicity: White, Anglo-Saxon
Country of origin: United States of America

Physical Attributes
Height: 5'11
Eye Colour: blue
Hair colour: blonde

Characteristics
Background: Growing up Sears was moved from Foster home to foster home, he would have a rough childhood, leading him to join the
Military where he would eventually make it into special forces.

Equipment: CAR-15, Colt 1911, Tiger stripe camouflage uniform, black combat boots, ALICE (All-Purpose Lightweight Individual Carrying Equipment) load bearing system
Last edited by Bronze Serpent on Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
♂♀Copy and Paste this in your sig if you know there are 2 genders and didn't fail biology♂♀
God's simple plan of salvation
"If I justify myself, mine own mouth shall condemn me: if I say, I am perfect, it shall also prove me perverse."- Job 9:20
Pro: Gun rights, Traditional marriage, localism, Agrarianism, County level Government, Theocracy
Anti: The satanic LGBTQ agenda, Communism, Radical Feminism

Shurjah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shurjah » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:28 pm

Bronze Serpent wrote:Application for individual characters
Basic Characteristics
Name: Gregory Sears
Ethnicity: White, Anglo-Saxon
Country of origin: United States of America

Physical Attributes
Height: 5'11
Eye Colour: blue
Hair colour: blonde

Characteristics
Background: Growing up Sears was moved from Foster home to foster home, he would have a rough childhood, leading him to join the
Military where he would eventually make it into special forces.

Equipment: CAR-15, Colt 1911, Tiger stripe camouflage uniform, black combat boots, ALICE (All-Purpose Lightweight Individual Carrying Equipment) load bearing system

Accepted
ابداع صدقني

Jacobandia
Envoy

Founded: May 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jacobandia » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:24 pm

Wait, so are we allowed to use custom nations in this? Or is it strictly real stuff?

Shurjah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shurjah » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:41 pm

Jacobandia wrote:Wait, so are we allowed to use custom nations in this? Or is it strictly real stuff?

Yes custom nations are allowed just as long as it is realistic (ie not like a galatic space empire) or something, my own nation is a fictional one yet relevant in the rp.
ابداع صدقني

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 07, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:38 pm

Basic Characteristics
Name: Francois van der Byl
Ethnicity: Afrikaans (White)
Country of origin: Union of South Africa
Faction: Mercenary for the Lebanese government

Physical Attributes
Height: 6'2/1.9m
Eye Colour: Blue
Hair colour: dirty blonde

Characteristics
Background: Francois was born on a farmstead in the Orange free state province (Provinsie van die Oranje-Vrystaat). He was impressed by the military from a young age, partially because of his father's enlistment into the South African Defence force. Instead of joining the SADF himself, though, he decided to sign up as a mercenary, after reading loads of "Soldier of Fortune" magazines and other military newspapers. He now serves in Libanon, because the wages are quite good.

Equipment: FN FAL Assault rifle, m63 vertical lizard camouflage pattern fatigues, Kevlar helmet, Standard-issue libyan boots and a pattern 83 combat vest, 5 7.62x51mm NATO magazines for his FN FAL assault rifle, FN FAL Rifle grenade mount and 2 fitting grenades.
Economic Left/Right: 8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.74

AmericanValues results

My personal voting record:
- Dutch parliamentary elections of 2021: Mr. Kees van der Staaij (Lijst 11 Reformed Political Party)
FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR
DOT JET JOTS VEUR ET VOADERLAN

Shurjah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shurjah » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:36 pm

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:Application for individual characters
Basic Characteristics
Name: Francois van der Byl
Ethnicity: Afrikaans (White)
Country of origin: Union of South Africa
Faction: Mercenary for the Lebanese government

Physical Attributes
Height: 6'2/1.9m
Eye Colour: Blue
Hair colour: dirty blonde

Characteristics
Background: Francois was born on a farmstead in the Orange free state province (Provinsie van die Oranje-Vrystaat). He was impressed by the military from a young age, partially because of his father's enlistment into the South African Defence force. Instead of joining the SADF himself, though, he decided to sign up as a mercenary, after reading loads of "Soldier of Fortune" magazines and other military newspapers. He now serves in Libanon, because the wages are quite good.

Equipment: FN FAL Assault rifle, m63 vertical lizard camouflage pattern fatigues, Kevlar helmet, Standard-issue libyan boots and a pattern 83 combat vest, 5 7.62x51mm NATO magazines for his FN FAL assault rifle, FN FAL Rifle grenade mount and 2 fitting grenades.

Accepted
ابداع صدقني

Shurjah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shurjah » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:31 pm

bump
ابداع صدقني

West Jeffer
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby West Jeffer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:16 pm

Application for country
Nationstates Name: West Jeffer
Nation Name: Islamic Republic of Iran
History of Nation: (Describe your country in the year 1980. NOT necessary is choosing a real country)
Islamic Republic at war with Iraq, but still has prospects in Lebanon. Strong anti-west, anti-Israel sentiment in the government. Shi'a dominated. Has rivalry with Saudi Arabia.
Ideology: Islamism/Democracy
Head of State: Supreme Leader Ruhollah Khomeini
Faction: Hezbollah/Shi'a rebels

ORBAT

Shurjah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shurjah » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:34 pm

West Jeffer wrote:Application for country
History of Nation: (Describe your country in the year 1980. NOT necessary is choosing a real country)
Islamic Republic at war with Iraq, but still has prospects in Lebanon. Strong anti-west, anti-Israel sentiment in the government. Shi'a dominated. Has rivalry with Saudi Arabia.

ORBAT

Accepted but I would like to see an ORBAT if you are assuming full control of Hezbollah
ابداع صدقني

West Jeffer
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby West Jeffer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:32 pm

Shurjah wrote:
West Jeffer wrote:Application for country

ORBAT

Accepted but I would like to see an ORBAT if you are assuming full control of Hezbollah

I am not assuming complete control, but the idea is to send military aid/training.
Last edited by West Jeffer on Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shurjah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shurjah » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:22 pm

West Jeffer wrote:
Shurjah wrote:Accepted but I would like to see an ORBAT if you are assuming full control of Hezbollah

I am not assuming complete control, but the idea is to send military aid/training.

Okay sounds good
ابداع صدقني

Xcom Federation
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Xcom Federation » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:36 pm

tag
Regard
Jon Bradford

Jon Bradford
CEO
Xcom Engineering

Shurjah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shurjah » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:34 pm

If you are considering signing up, I would really like to see someone sign up as Israel or Syria considering how much they influenced the war.
ابداع صدقني

McNernia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby McNernia » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:58 am

Nationstates Name:Mcnernia
Nation Name:The State of Israel
History of Nation: In 1980 Israel faces a crisis in the North in the wake of Black September the PLO has been setting up shop in Lebanon. So of course the IDF would shift from Jordan and Syria to Lebanon. Arms have been flowing to the SLA an and Advisory team has been deployed. From the elite Sayeret Metkal.

Ideology: The Right Wing Likud Party of the current PM is pro-Christian but his priority and that of the nation remains the welfare of Israel and the Jewish people.
Head of State:(Head of Government Actually) PM Menachem Begin
Faction: Lebanese Christians

ORBAT:
Sayert Metkal Advisors: 4
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
New Edom: Clyde Hullar Ambassador
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
Endorser of the Amistad Declaration
SIgnatory of the Amistad Declaration
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY RPing, TG ME PLEASE, THANKS A BUNCH.
A Time of Trouble
All my posts shall be dedicated to Tom Clancy. May he Rest In Peace.
I Consider the above to be Canon. Which means I want to RP with you if you've been in those regions. Or Are.

Call me Archinia ICly and well maybe Mcnernia is plausible....I don't know.

Lore change?

Shurjah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shurjah » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:07 am

McNernia wrote:Nationstates Name:Mcnernia
Nation Name:The State of Israel
History of Nation: In 1980 Israel faces a crisis in the North in the wake of Black September the PLO has been setting up shop in Lebanon. So of course the IDF would shift from Jordan and Syria to Lebanon. Arms have been flowing to the SLA an and Advisory team has been deployed. From the elite Sayeret Metkal.

Ideology: The Right Wing Likud Party of the current PM is pro-Christian but his priority and that of the nation remains the welfare of Israel and the Jewish people.
Head of State:(Head of Government Actually) PM Menachem Begin
Faction: Lebanese Christians

ORBAT:
Sayert Metkal Advisors: 4

Accepted
ابداع صدقني

Eastern Slavic states
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

application

Postby Eastern Slavic states » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:26 am

Application for country
Nationstates Name: confederacy of eastern Slavic states
Nation Name: Confederacy of eastern Slavic States
History of Nation: during this time the council of the confederacy notice the high amount of influence of western powers in the area and reacting on this they quickly made diplomatic ties with the Islamic republic of Iran knowing that Lebanon can be influential to there ally and seizing the opportunity that the civil war has made they are going to help there Iranian allies gain influence to make the American puppet of Israel cautious to make any political or military moves

Ideology: lower right wing party ( pretty much a libertarian party ) they are very patriotic and are not on good terms with the west due to them seeing them as being imperialists and trying to interfere with countries far away to them
Head of State: chancellor Ivan Khrushchev
Faction: Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps

ORBAT
9,000 soldiers
16 man squads
armed with equipment used in the soviet-afghan war by soviet forces
600 bmp2's
300 btr80's
500 t-72b's
1,000 PT-76's
350 D-30's
150 BM-27 's
900 BRDM-2's
80 Mil Mi-17's
40 Mil Mi-24's

Shurjah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shurjah » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:52 am

Eastern Slavic states wrote:Application for country
History of Nation: during this time the council of the confederacy notice the high amount of influence of western powers in the area and reacting on this they quickly made diplomatic ties with the Islamic republic of Iran knowing that Lebanon can be influential to there ally and seizing the opportunity that the civil war has made they are going to help there Iranian allies gain influence to make the American puppet of Israel cautious to make any political or military moves

Ideology: lower right wing party ( pretty much a libertarian party ) they are very patriotic and are not on good terms with the west due to them seeing them as being imperialists and trying to interfere with countries far away to them

ORBAT
9,000 soldiers
16 man squads
600 bmp2's
300 btr80's
500 t-72b's
1,000 PT-76's
350 D-30's
150 BM-27 's
900 BRDM-2's
80 Mil Mi-17's
40 Mil Mi-24's

Accepted, just curious though will you be acting like the Soviet Union?
ابداع صدقني

Eastern Slavic states
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Slavic states » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:56 am

Shurjah wrote:
Eastern Slavic states wrote:Application for country

ORBAT
9,000 soldiers
16 man squads
600 bmp2's
300 btr80's
500 t-72b's
1,000 PT-76's
350 D-30's
150 BM-27 's
900 BRDM-2's
80 Mil Mi-17's
40 Mil Mi-24's

Accepted, just curious though will you be acting like the Soviet Union?

yes and no my nation was formed after the 1872 revolution after the russo-japanese war we did fight in ww2 but our army wasn't as underequipped and undertrained as the red army during ww2 or the imperial Russian army during ww1

Shurjah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shurjah » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:00 pm

Eastern Slavic states wrote:
Shurjah wrote:Accepted, just curious though will you be acting like the Soviet Union?

yes and no my nation was formed after the 1872 revolution after the russo-japanese war we did fight in ww2 but our army wasn't as underequipped and undertrained as the red army during ww2 or the imperial Russian army during ww1

okay will be interesting
Last edited by Shurjah on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ابداع صدقني

Eastern Slavic states
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Slavic states » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:05 pm

Shurjah wrote:
Eastern Slavic states wrote:yes and no my nation was formed after the 1872 revolution after the russo-japanese war we did fight in ww2 but our army wasn't as underequipped and undertrained as the red army during ww2 or the imperial Russian army during ww1

okay will be interesting

so do we just start posting or what

Shurjah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shurjah » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:09 pm

Eastern Slavic states wrote:
Shurjah wrote:okay will be interesting

so do we just start posting or what

Im planning to post an IC thread soon
ابداع صدقني