NATION

PASSWORD

Happenings - Semi Open, TG for invite

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Alexzonya
Envoy

Founded: Aug 05, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Alexzonya » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:41 pm

North Cyalsus Region, Olympia Prime
A northern region of Olympia’s smaller northern-hemispheric continent, North Cyalsus is known for its picturesque mountain ranges. An Alexzonyan Mecca for snow-lovers and winter sport afficiandos, the region in recent years has seen an upswing in tourism from abroad, with its cool climate and open terrain making it especially popular among denizens of the Fenavria Republic. Local businesses have scrambled to accommodate their new guests, with a rare (in Alexzonya) shooting range even opening under special licensing to appeal to the militaristic wolfmen. Unfortunately, where small and large business operate legitimately, the sudden influx has also attracted a shadier element. At best, this element sells legal recreational substances at cut rate, avoiding the onerous taxes imposed by GRA regulators. At worst…

The North Cylasus Regional Police Department gravcar glides elegantly onto the front lawn of the ski resort, its lights unlit and siren unwailing. As it flattens the snow beneath it, an officer steps out of the driver’s side, straightening his blue-and-white uniform as he does so and placing his fur cap in businesslike manner on his head before stepping inside. A employee approaches him immediately.

“What seems to be the issue, ma’am?” he asks, frowning slightly at her expression.
“Something from one of the rooms, number 331… we heard growling, it sounded like fighting…”
He winces, having previously had the misfortune to have been called about mating Fenvarians. “Ma’am, I don’t…”
“No, I know, but… then there was howling. And screaming, so much screaming… and then it just went quiet. We have the recording from the security system; you could hear it in the stairwell.”
The officer steps behind the desk with the woman, and they listen to the recording. He frowns deeper. “I’ll check it out.” He takes a key, and heads to the third floor.

The door to room 331 wasn’t noticeably out of the ordinary, at first. The officer strides up and knocks firmly. There’s no response. He knocks again. “North Cyalsus Police Department. Open up!” There’s no response again, but he hears someone more inside. He takes the keycard and presses it to the reader. The door swings open, and he steps inside. The lights are off, so he reaches for the switch. He see movement out of the corner of his eye. “He’s mine!” shrieks a gutteral, high-pitched voice, and the last thing he sees is the barrel of her M6 pistol, and a flash of light. He’s dead before he hears the shot.

An Hour Later
The ski lodge was now surrounded with a small army of patrol cars, lights flashing. Many were local jurisdiction, including the North Cylasus Regional Police Department’s Tactical Team 3 carrying rifles and wearing powered armor. Others were Alexzonyan Federal Police cruisers, dispatched from a nearby metro area to reinforce their regional counterparts. Outside the police cordon is a crowd of people; the Alexzonyans mostly looked on, while the Fenvarians muttered about their lack of firepower to resolve the issue themselves, with several telling the local constabulary that they’d be happy to go in and resolve the issue ballistically themselves, if they could just borrow a rifle. These overtures are declined firmly.

After the shots, the panicked front desk activated the fire alarm. Had the Fenvarian been a deliberate terrorist or intent on mass casualties, the result could have been catastrophic. Instead, the evacuation proceeds without further casualties, and law enforcement had taken over the scene. Shootings in the GRA were exceedingly rare; multiple-casualty events nearly unheard of.

“Only one shooter, as far as we know. Fenvarian, female, last seen on the third floor. Eyewitnesses say she was still in there during the evacuation, and we have the building locked down.”

“Any communication with her?”

“We called the room and ordered her to surrender; she said “He will be mine forever! He’ll never betray me again!” and then hung up.

“Alright, then. Send in tactical. See if we can get her alive.”

The North Cylasus Daily Bulletin

Shocking Double-Shooting Still Under Investigation
Staff Writer -- 08/18/119 SY

This is a developing story. Check back often for the latest updates…
This morning’s stunning double-homicide at the Cylasus Point Ski Lodge is still under investigation, according to area law enforcement. While the perpetrator has reportedly been identified by law enforcement, they have only described her thus far as a “Fenvarian female”. Her two victims have been identified as her Fenvarian long-term boyfriend and a male human North Cylasus Police Department officer, both of which have also not yet been named. The murder weapon has been described as a Fenvarian-made military assault weapon with oversized bullet clips and fully semi-automatic shooting capabilities. The Cylasus Point Ski Lodge remains closed; a resort spokesbeing indicated that guests had been provided alternative accommodations pending the police clearing the facility.
This is a developing story. Check back often for the latest updates…

Fenvaria Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fenvaria Republic » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:38 am

Roon Husila, Arcadia, Northern Vennamo Mountain range
Imperial Security Ministry Headquarters

A newspaper landed on the desk of the Commander's desk, creating a decently loud thud, throwing some paper and pencils onto the floor. The commander, a well built, anthro jackal, with dark amber eyes, and several silver streaks in his fur, looked up at the person who threw down the newspaper. Then looking back down at the newspaper. It was opened to the second page and in bold letters, mid way through the page it read “Two killed in Alexzonyan Ski resort, two Fenvarians involved.”

The commander then looked back up towards the figure, who was a female evandari, slim but lean, her fur was a mix of brown, grays and white. She folded her arms and stared at the commander with her cold blue eyes. “What the fucking hell commander.” she started, almost growling out the words. “What the fuck is this?”

The commander leaned back and looked at her. “It is all under control.” he said calmly as he leaned forward in his chair, folding his hands and resting them on the table. “It is just a simple mess up, in a few news days this will be swept under the rug.” he then reached to the side and grabbed his coffee mug and started to sip on it, in a loud and annoying fashion.

This just irritated the evandari even more as she looked at the commander and started to hiss in annoyance, her claws digging into the dark oak table. “What do you mean “will be swept under the rug”? A FENVARIAN AND AN ALEXZONYAN ARE DEAD!” she yelled at the commander, picking up the newspaper and thrashing it around. “I dont know what fucking game you are playing but it better be a da-”

“Director, calm down.” replied the Commander, placing the coffee mug down on the table and looking back at the director. “I have a team on the way to make sure everything goes smoothly, they will get to the bottom of this. I will assure you that they will.”

“Good.” She sneered at him. “Cause I have Xeno Affairs breathing down my neck about this shit, and they are not fucking happy that his happened.” She then pushed off his desk and frowned. “I want all reports sent to my office when they get there.”

“Of course ma’am.”

She nodded and then walked out of the room, slamming the door shut when she left. The Commander leaned back in his chair and sighed, running his hand through his short hair. This was bad, as this was one of his operatives that were involved in the shooting. They were following up on a lead, then went dark.

From the corner of the room, there was a scrap of metal on metal and then a small flame. There was then an inhale of something and then exhale. Smoke blew out of the corner, a figure that was in the corner then folded their legs and took the cigar out of their mouth.

“Do you think she knows?” asked the figure

“She has no idea, and I hope to the spirits she doesnt find out, because it is both of our heads” replied the commander with a shake of his head

“Good, keep me in the loop.” The figure then got up and looked at the Commander, taking another puff of his cigar. “Make the call.”

Ski resort, North Cyalsus Region, Olympia Prime
GRA
RSM Team 1

Juhani Rautio sat in his car near the ski resort, flipping through the newspaper that he recently just got and that was covering the events at the ski resort. He sighed as he heard about the local police response to the situation, one officer, why send one officer? “Always have a buddy with you.” he mumbled to himself as he sat there, holding the newspaper. They should have left the Fens there to help, after all it WAS one of them so they should be the ones to help take down this female fenvarian. This female was creating a poor image for the fens. Just then the side door opened up and a gust of cool winter air hammered into him, ripping through his brown combat jacket as well as his tabard; it also rolled over his face and blew his fur around.

“Nice to see you are back.” he replied to the fenvaria female that entered the car. “Did you get your coffee?”

“I did.” she replied

“You are five minutes late” he replied placing down the paper and looking at her

“Well, this Alexzoyan was chatting me up, even gave me her number.” she said with a smile

“Well, aren't you lucky.” replied Juhani with a chuckle

“Not really, heh, seems she just wanted to pet me alot and feel my fur.” she then shook her head and laughed “Apparently, she doesn't see alot of fens, despite well ya know....the ski resort and the climate.”

“Yea”

“So, why are we here?” asked the female

“Right now we are just watching the events, reporting back to ISM Headquarters.” he shrugged. “Someone is shitting bricks right now.”

The female laughed, and almost spilled her drink “They are probs shitting more than just bricks right now. They are-” she was then cut off when both of their watches started to flash, the two looked at each other and clicked on their watches. And on both of their watches a single message appeared

“OPERATION CLOAK IS GO, MOVE IN”

The two smiled and nodded, getting out of the car and walking over to the back of the car, they popped the trunk and moved some of the blankets that were in the way to reveal two very light sets of armor. Both of the sets of armor were Mk VI body armor, however it was just the jacket. They quickly placed the sets of armor on and grabbed their hats. Juhani grabbed his beanie and the female grabbed a patrol cap. The female then reached in and grabbed two carbines, along with two M12 Combat Pistols. The same pistol that was used in the shooting, the pistol had become a staple throughout the Empire as a reliable and safe side arm. From its wide use of ammunition to its compact and sturdy nature. It was an all round pistol.

She handed a carbine and a pistol to Juhani, who immediately holstered the pistol and slung the rifle over his chest. “Alright, let us get this job done.” the two got into the car and drove down to the police blockade. They showed the guard there, both of their badges, Imperial Security Ministry, ISM.
Last edited by Fenvaria Republic on Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:57 am, edited 7 times in total.
IC Name: Thalduhm Empire
Read my factbooks!!
I do not use NS Stats, and please refer to my IC name

Tech: FT, 2370s (dieselpunk theme)
A land of snow covered dieselpunk aesthetics, wolf and cat kemonomimi, space travel, fanatic militarism, and trench warfare

Alexzonya
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Alexzonya » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:39 pm

Joint Project Ship Joins GRA Starfleet Lineup
September 6, 119 ASY -- MERIDIAN STARYARDS

Following a successful shakedown cruise, the lead ship in the Garm-class of Light Cruisers has been declared fully operational and Starfleet has cleared the type to enter service. The ARS Garm, however, isn’t just the lead ship of a class of cruisers like any other. It is the product of months of planning and years of diplomacy that make this a very special ship: the Garm was produced, in part, in the Huerdaen Star Empire.

“It was a joint effort,” stated a spokesbeing for the Starfleet Weapons Design Bureau. “Both nations were interested in what the other had to offer in terms of technology and design expertise, and we’ve very happy with the results.” When asked for details of the collaboration, the spokesbeing indicated that the specific capabilities of the Garm-class were “[classified], unfortunately.”

Certainly, the contours of the ship seem to belie its Alexzonyan flag; externally, to an untrained eye, the ship appears almost strictly Huerdaen, lacking the sleekness of Alexzonyan designs. It’s only to an expert’s eye that the Alexzonyan features of the vessel become apparently. “Those shuttered ports along the periphery are [Alexzonyan laser array] apertures,” notes Dr. Fredrick Kangroot, an expert in military starships and professor of astronautical engineering at the University of Alexzonya - Horizon Center. “It’s fat-bellied for an Alexzonya ship; it probably has significant space for carrying troops, like a Huerdaen design. But the bow is rounded off and the engines are mounted in a hybrid configuration, somewhere between the normal for the Alexzonyans and the Huerdaen. All in all, it’s a very odd bird indeed.”

While Starfleet outwardly appears happy with the capabilities of the new vessels, some officers went off-the-record with the Herald to discuss their concerns with the program, under the condition of anonymity. “I’m worried that this program will compromise SATMA’s defenses,” stated one official. “If we’re operating vessels that look outwardly and on sensor returns as Huerdaen, it’s going to make a Huerdaen attack on one of our allies that much harder to detect.” Other officers were concerned about the technology transfer involved, or about the larger implications. “We have to work with the Aumanii fleet, and their guys don’t like this at all, I can tell you that much. How are they going to believe that we’re a dependable ally if we’re helping arm their biggest enemy?”

For their part, the Bailess administration has downplayed those concerns, with a spokesbeing for the President stating that “Our alliance with the Aumanii has never been stronger.” When pressed on concerns about the Huerdaen use of these new ships, the spokesbeing clarified, “We believe that the Huerdaen are a responsible partner. While the ongoing strident disagreements between the Huerdaen and [Aumanii] are always a concern, we don’t believe that this partnership with the Huerdaen changes the calculus there in a significant way.”

Starfleet confirmed that the ARS Garm was only the first ship in her class, and that more vessels of the type would be constructed. Reportedly, special equipment for servicing some of the Huerdaen-built components has been installed at the Meridian and Haven Staryards Starfleet declined to confirm or deny any details regarding the maintenance details for the class, nor elaborate on anticipated production numbers. “We build the ships that we anticipate that we will need. There is no fixed production number in mind for the [Garm-class]... [W]e’’ll build as many as circumstances warrant.”
Last edited by Alexzonya on Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alexzonya
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Alexzonya » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:44 pm

Meridian Staryards, Meridian System, Galactic Republic of Alexzonya
Capital Ship Fabrication Bay 13

The small shuttle makes a meandering pass over the fabrication bay, giving the newly promoted Lt. Admiral Elana Thompson an extended flyby of her new command, which was undergoing final cosmetic touch-ups and preliminary systems checks. The lighting was surprisingly good, giving her a clear view of the ARS Mollymawk, the lead ship of the Albatross-class Origami Carriers. Eyeing the boxier-than-usual lines of the carrier’s underbelly, she can’t help but feel a slight distaste for the new ship. It’s true, the Mollymawk was larger than her previous Endeavor-class command, and she ought to be honored; many good officers never reached a rank above Captain. She had been ecstatic when the paperwork had come through making the promotion official; she could see an Exploration and Patrol Group of her own in the future. Alas, it was not to be; she had been selected to lead a special mission. While the Mollymawk was to be the first of at least three ships in her class, the special mission that the Albatross-class carriers had been designed for would be her providence.

The special mission… it was a doozy. Intelligence from the Aumanii indicated that the Cyborgs and Sentient Machines, CASM, the perpetrators of the Tezekis massacre, may be operating out of the Large Magellanic Cloud. The dwarf galaxy, nominally a near-neighbor to the Milky Way, was in fact more than 150,000 light years away. It wasn’t impossible to reach with conventional drives or Aumanii gates, but the safety and logistics margins were very thin. As a result, the Starfleet had offered a third solution; the Origami Drive. An advanced point-to-point drive technology with theoretically infinite range, the Origami Drive could easily bridge the gap over to the SMC. However, once on-site, an extended reconnaissance was to be the primary assignment, and the Eagle-class Origami Cruisers had a number of deficiencies in that regard. As a result, the Albatross-class had been hastily designed as refits of Peerless-class hulls.

The Albatross-class, like the Peerless-class, measured exactly 946m long. Like her sister ships, the bottom of the hull was boxier than normal for an Alexzonyan cruiser; this accommodate carriage space. In the Peerless-class, this was for surface expeditionary forces; for the Albatross-class this space held other carried spacecraft with more conventional FTL drives. These secondary craft would be the primary reconnaissance forces that would seek out signs of CASM presence in the SMC. The largest change, however, was in the drive system. Almost a third of the usable space in the Mollymawk would be occupied by the massive Origami Drive Core that would carry the ship to the SMC; between that and the carried scouts, the ship had a limited armament more akin to a heavy cruiser than a capital ship. It was far from nothing, but it also wasn’t a lot to go on when operating months away from reinforcements.

Further, like most GRA Admirals, Thompson wouldn’t be commanding her own vessel. Her role was giving orders to the flotilla once deployed and overseeing the larger mission; tactical command of the vessel itself would go to a captain. Given the Mollymawk was an Alexzonyan warship, one might have expected an Alexzonyan captain… but things hadn’t fallen out that way in discussions on the Roundtable. An Alexzonyan would be in overall command, but the ship captain would be Peninsularian and the scout wing commander Aumanii. She presumed the respective nations would be sending their best, but the concept still left her… uneasy. Would the Peninsularians know how to fight an Alexzonyan warship? And could she keep an Aumanii fighter jock from doing something stupid and getting them all killed? She wasn’t sure on either count, and she wished she didn’t have to find out.

The shuttle gunned its gravitic thrusters, and soon after it floated into dock with the Mollymawk. Once they were connected, Admiral Thompson stood, straightened her uniform, and strode out across the airlock, taking the first steps aboard her new command. She had a lot to do in making final preparations for their journey before her international colleagues arrived.

The Peninsular
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 04, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Peninsular » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:40 pm

Rotberger Zeitung
Rubrik Aussenpolitik

Diplomatic meeting was constructive, President says

The meeting held today between President Van Fielt and the Prime Minister of the Martian Conglomerate Cora is reported to have been constructive and with good results, Van Fielt told the gathered press on a press conference after the meeting an hour ago. After a short ceremony the talks were held in private, during a few rounds of Schlagrennball. The exact results are being prepared for publication later in the week, the office of the President announced.

The meeting was the second of what the President and PM announced to be a row of meetings in an effort to establish a stable diplomatic exchange between the Federation and the Conglomerate, which had undergone political restructuring and a significant government change several months ago. According to Prime Minister Cora, the intentions of the Conglomerate are to restore trust, though critics argue this could take a very long time. During the ceremony, the President was gifted an important hierloom of the Cora family, to symbolize and signal the sincerety of the Martians' efforts.

While minor nationalist factions have spoken out against this process, the majority of the parliament and, according to polls, the population back President Van Fielt's proposition of a normalizing of relations. The majority of the LDF, the PDP and Van Fielt's own PKF, who hold the majority in parliament via a three-way coalition, advocate a slower process of several years if not more, though are generally welcoming of the prospect; the majority of the opposition parties have expressed similar opinions.
10000 Islands

The Constitutional Federation of the Peninsular is an FT nation.

New Dornalia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New Dornalia » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:47 am

Dornie News Network

Hello, this is Gracie Liang, and welcome to NDBC News. Tonight’s top stories:

Lakon 5 Station Open For Business

In a development which sent stocks soaring to record highs, the Lakon Commercial Management Authority (LACOMA) has announced today that the Lakon 5 space station has successfully been activated. The centerpiece of the LACOMA's operations in the Insular County of Lakon--a free trade zone formed from the former Hypatia System deeded to the CRE as part of the Dornalian-Martian Friendship Treaty, in Alpha--the Lakon 5 station was built by contractors in the Martian Conglomerate as an investment and a gesture of goodwill in regards to the Insular County of Lakon.

The station is expected to house thousands of LACOMA and Lakon Constabulary headquarters personnel, both foreign and Dornalian, as well as civilians and other vital personnel, and provide amenities including docking facilities for travelers. Additionally, Lakon 5 has a linkup to the surface of Lakon itself built by the Phoenix Domain, and as such is expected to function as an administrative building, trade hub, and access point to the world below.

Speaking from her office on Lakon 5, Gracie Kurimitsu--legendary investor and hustler with alleged Dornalian Government ties, as well as the founder of LACOMA and arguably the individual whose initiative spurred the creation of Lakon County--said simply of the project, "The Martians did good building this place to spec. I think it's got a lot of potential."

Indeed, LACOMA has begun to make an aggressive advertising campaign, and rumor has it that Lady Gracie herself along with other investors in LACOMA have already begun to make overtures to other companies and polities to invest in the region, as well as to hook up with various trade links. As Lady Gracie herself said, with a grin, "I mean, shoot. Others and I helped make this place, we’ve got the protection of the Dornalian Government overseeing what is arguably one of the more ambitious laissez-faire trade hubs of modern times, we’ve got people from all sorts of nations here helping to set up and invest in LACOMA, and we think it could be a real trade hub in its own right that can play a role in the galaxy at large. So, hey, come on down!"

Thank you for watching the REAL NDBC news--New Dornalian Broadcasting Corporation news--not those jokers at National Dornalian Broadcasting Corporation. We now cut to commercial.
[/quote]
"New Dornalia, a living example of anomalous civilizations."-- Phoenix Conclave
"Your nation has always been ridiculous. But it's endearing."--Skaugra
"It's a magical place where chinese cowboys ply the star lanes to extract vast wealth from trade, where NORINCO isn't just an arms company, but an evil bond villain type conglomerate that hides in other nations. Where the apocalypse happened, and everyone went "huh, that's neat" and then got back to having catgirls and starships."-- Olimpiada
"...why am I space China, and I don't have actual magic animals, and you're space USA, and you do? This seems like a mistake." --Roania, during a discussion on wildlife.

Auman
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:33 pm

Lee System, Fenvarian Republic, Beta Quadrant...

It had been some time since the treaty was signed and yet progress was slow. The Lee System, a relative backwater in the Fenvarian Republic was known mostly for its refineries and the collection satellites, that sailed like kites through the upper atmospheres of Muomia, that fueled its industry. Things were quiet here, though a recent uptick in raids by pirate forces threatened to create problems for the locals. The Aumanii Fleet stepped in, taking some of the slack for their allies and adding welcome new investment into the systems infrastructural development.

Now, after nearly a year of hard work and determination, Lee was home to fifty starships on temporary patrol rotations and a permanent garrison of thousands of troops belonging to the newly formed Army of the Sphere. The men were green, benefiting from the experience of transferred Aumanii Army soldiers, trading in the black and whites of their elite branch for the olive drabs and greys of the new model army. A conventional force, better suited to rooting out nests of insidious predators that preyed upon the fine, upstanding, people of Lee. While there had been conflicts between the garrison and the locals, these were smoothed over quickly and viciously, in some cases, by a zealous corps of political officers, deployed specifically to keep the Fenvarians happy and the Aumanii gracious.

The mission required no undue attention, it must remain a humble and routine thing, as the operations being conducted on the surface of Magantu were amongst the most classified in the known universe. The development of the superior human and the evolution of the perfect Fenvarian. A joint project between the Excellence in Standards Program and their Fenvarian counterparts operated from the Magantu-Vascilia Normal University, whose unofficial motto was 'our activities require no further investigation.'

It was in his sparsely decorated office in the top floor of the bland hardcrete box that served as the university itself, that Colonel Walter Krieghammer attended his duties... The room itself was not intrinsically unpleasant, the walls were painted a soothing mint color and the hardwood floors were deep, rich and red in color, with many appealing grains. Walter's brushed metal desk was bare, aside from a computer monitor, the keyboard and mouse tastefully hidden from view. He stood at a window overlooking the plaza, a sheaf of paper documents in his had, as the first students arrived for opening ceremonies. Anthropomorphic creatures and humans clustered into groups on the promenade, neither side particularly familiar with the other and preferring to stick to their own kind, with only a few adventurous spirits breaking ranks to speak with one of the other.

It was to be expected. The Aumanii rarely interacted with alien species on an interpersonal level. However, these students were specifically selected for their innate... Ability.

Their specialness.

In time, they would come to know each other, perhaps even become friends and if they did not, the rigor of their training and the necessity of their scholastics would demand it.
Last edited by Auman on Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBNFTW local 8492

Alexzonya
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Alexzonya » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:07 pm

Q TRANSMISSION - RAW
---
[header]
[TITLE:] DIPLOMATIC ALERT LACONIA
[RECEIPT:] GRA EMBASSY LACONIA
[CORECEIPT]: SOLARIAN REACHES CONTROL FLEET
[DATE:] 09/20/0119
[CLASSIFICATION:] SENSITIVE
[/header]
---
---
[body]
INTELLIGENCE CONFIRMS OUTBREAK OF CONFLICT BETWEEN ERIDANI AND CONGLOMERATE FORCES IN DELTA. UNIDENTIFIED MILITARY FORCES REPORTED IN VICINITY OF FENVARIA. CONCERN RE RECENT CONGLOMERATE PROVOCATIONS. BOLO INFORMATION RE MARTIAN HAPPENINGS. ISCM LAUNCHES CONFIRMED. REPRISALS EXPECTED. CONFLICT IN SOL LIKELY. EVACUATE NONESSENTIAL PERSONNEL NOW.
[/body]
---

Q TRANSMISSION - RAW
---
[header]
[TITLE:] NAVAL ALERT DELTA
[RECEIPT:] ALL FLEETCOMMS
[DATE:] 09/20/0119
[CLASSIFICATION:] SECRET
[/header]
---
---
[body]
INTELLIGENCE CONFIRMS OUTBREAK OF CONFLICT BETWEEN ERIDANI AND CONGLOMERATE FORCES IN DELTA. UNIDENTIFIED MILITARY FORCES REPORTED IN VICINITY OF FENVARIA. CONCERN RE RECENT CONGLOMERATE PROVOCATIONS. BOLO INFORMATION RE CONFLICT. ISCM LAUNCHES CONFIRMED. REPRISALS EXPECTED. CONFLICT IN SOL LIKELY. SET SYSDEFCON HEIGHTENED ALL SYSTEMS. SET THREATCON HEIGHTENED ALL STATIONS. STANDBY FURTHER ORDERS.
[/body]
---

Telros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Declaration of Intent

Postby Telros » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:22 pm

The Archon hated news conferences; it was pretty much the best way to get your agenda out there, especially if you were being stonewalled or wanted to put pressure on someone's career but it was at the expense of your dignity. You had to get, oh how did that Terran intern say it, suited up, looking your best and then feed yourself to the media and the cameras and the bright lights, with constant questions coming at you, even if it was made clear no questions were to be had. It was a fashion show, of the political variety, and one of the things that made him sometimes regret ever taking on the role of leader of the Imperium. However, at this moment, he was glad to be here, and as who and what he was, for what he was here to announce would require everything he could bring to bear, that only he could bring to bear as the Archon. The lights blared, and he clacked in irritation, holding up his right hand talons before his eyes.

“Sorry, Archon, we're having some issues with the lights, we'll get them under control.” A human technician waved his holoboard in apology. Avirius sighed and waved him off.

“I know, Luther, but please try to not to flash me with it next time. I have a big enough of a headache ahead of me as it is.”

The team moved the light, angling it away from the avian as they began to investigate through its tiny window and controls to determine the issue, one team member checking scrolling data on a wrist-held holo processor, murmuring and showing images to his comrades. Luther kept an eye on them but pivoted to face the avian more fully.

“You know you can leave things like this to someone else if you hate it so much, sir. You don't have to go through with this as much as you make yourself do these days.”

Avirius was reviewing one of his holopads, chirping bits of sentences to himself as he ran over his coming speech one more time. Without looking up, he responded,

“I appreciate it that, Luther, but I do know that. The problem is that I can, but I shouldn't, especially not with what I am going to be announcing today.”

One of the team came over, holding up the wrist hologram and indicated some code segments, Luther studied them for a moment and then smacked his head. “Aghh, tell that damn lizard to stop switching up the updates for performance; it causes issues like this. Reverse them and then rerun it, let me know if that works.”

“We're on in fifteen, Luther.”

The human mock saluted the plodding reptilian as he went past before turning back to the Archon.

“It's always this serious with you, Archon. It surely can't be any different than all the other ones; you dealt with the CASM blitzkrieg, it can't be worse than this.”

Tired avian eyes met terran ones with grim certainty. “Oh no, Luther, its much worse.”

They returned back to their work, the technician blinking at the intensity of that moment registered before more flashing turned his attention back. He looked back at the Archon, but he was not moving, rehearsing once more, before coming over.

“Oh for the love-, GET THAT DAMN SCALY BASTARD IN HERE TO FIX THIS RIGHT NOW, WE HAVE EIGHT MINUTES LEFT!”

All across the Imperium, and at various imperial outposts, stations, and trading stations, the screens would flash at a pre-determined time, a few hours after the actual conference itself for it had to be delivered by drones to the proper stations to send the signal out to each system. The signal would display blackness for a few moments before depicting in large letters an 'EMERGENCY CONFERENCE BY ARCHON AVIRIUS KEMÉNY. PLEASE ATTEND'. Workers and bystanders, along with curious onlookers and foreign citizens watching as it continued, the screen displaying the form of the Archon, clad in the dark blue uniform, white accents and secondary lines that matched the color aesthetics of the nation and flag, but with other symbols and letters of ancient Tezekian dialects, mostly on the robe worn over the shirt, an affectation of the previous triumvirate that ruled to impart their authority onto him as well. He was staring at the camera for a moment before the signal was clearly given and he began talking, pulling out a holopad to sit on a stand in front of him so he could read it.

”Citizens of the Imperium, of nations both allied and foreign, hostile and unknown, I am protector and leader of those who know me, Archon Avirius Kemény of the Tezekian Imperium who don't. It has been some time since my last broadcast, warning the galaxy of the threat of the Rethast plagues that still haunt the shadows of the Gamma Quadrant. I fear I have come again only with ill news, but it is in the hope that the warning will spur action and enable us to swiftly move past this current blight on the galaxy. For far too long, many threats have been ignored or left to spread corruption and grow in the dark areas of the Milky Way, such threats as the Rethast Pathogen, that ended up becoming too strong to be contained by normal means and marched on a destructive path in our home quadrant and laid many species and nations low before they just disappeared.

Now another threat rises again, one to even possibly eclipse that great evil and precious few stand against it currently to prevent another outpouring of death and rot. But this time, the galaxy will be warned, this time there will be no excuse for not standing and fighting against the threat, other than insanity and one's own cowardice. This threat is one that has long been held in check, through blood, sacrifice and a sense of duty far beyond what is asked of most warriors, these warriors belonging to the Vipran Imperium and their alliances in the TSAR polity.

Yes, Yes I know. Most of what we have seen of the Imperium has been concerning, if not outright angering; constantly spreading conquests, consuming nations into its overall territory for the past few decades now. Seeking opportunities to expand its borders or its influence, much like the Huerdaen Star Empire. This is not a defense or an excuse of their actions, but it is now a partial understanding; there are many threats like the Rethast, and that which I am going to discuss today, which they have long struggled to contain, fighting this war only with their allies because it was necessary. These expansions and warlike spurts are partially to acquire resources to fight this menace; if the galaxy were to unite and banish these threats, it may perhaps help bring the Imperium onto a more cooperative road with the galaxy. But, that is a conversation for another time.

For those watching with families and young loved ones, I recommend you move this to another room, send them to bed, or otherwise prevent them from watching the rest of his conference, it will be quite graphic but the truth needs to speak for itself.”

The Archon waits for a moment or two, and the various crowds and families, confused, concerned, but intent on learning follow suit, moving to private rooms or ushering complaining children to bed. After what he feels is an appropriate amount of time, he continues, displaying a map of the Gamma Quadrant, with a red outline of a segment, that zoomed in.

“Here, is a swathe of territory of former territories and nations, some of which we had come to known as trade partners and vacation resorts to visit, even potential friends. These are now under siege or outright obliterated by the threat of what the Strategic Intelligence Bureau, cooperating with the Vipran's own intelligence community, has been codenamed “The Welded”.

The image changes, showing a symbol on a flag, or looks like a symbol until the viewer realizes it is a breathing head implanted into a wall, the head looking as if sliced in half and planted on the wall, rivets pinning its sides to the metal, the eyes are gone but for a miniature sea of fiber optic cameras, constantly buzzing and moving, often as one, with the movement similar to a snack, the mouth, despite not voicebox or throat to vocalize, constantly moves but only speaks in whispers.

“What you are seeing is merely but a taste of what the Welded represent. Intelligence has filtered the recording to stop the words this...thing is constantly muttering from affecting anyone. From reading a report on the Welded, they seem your run of the mill cult, they believe in a force called 'the Weld' that is some god-like entity that they wish to emulate and become closer to, this pathway is through the melding of flesh and inorganic material. Thus many of their cultists and worshippers utilize many, many augments, prosthesis, and outright replace of flesh and bone. Now, the threat of these worshippers aren't their numbers, their ideology or their intent to forcibly convert those and doing so through involuntary augmentation of their body. No, it is through the power of their 'god'; the Institute has been coordinating with the Republic of Dornalia on the study of magic, after having confirmed from Dornalian donated files and conducting many tests and studies, that magic, the supernatural, the myths and legends thought pure fantasy, are real. The fantastic was brought into focus, teleportation, healing, construction, visiting other dimensions and planes of existence, but its dark side was brought with it.

The Welded have a sort of...almost hivemind effect, the more there are the more their 'aura' so to speak grows. Certain members of their cult, the higher up rankings, accelerate this affect, and this effect is control and manipulation of inorganic materials in your body. Augmentations, prosthetics, a replacement eye, even something so simple as a brain implant, a chip in your hand, and a unsuspecting tooth canal, the Welded can communally control through their higher officers. So a man with a brain implant, when affected by this field, will suddenly experience, well this.”

The video changed, lesser quality and breaks of static indicating this was salvaged somehow; a doctor at a hospital is inspecting some x-rays on the wall of a building, the lights flicker at random times, the more military minded realizing it is the shuddering from artillery or heavy weapons fire, the desk and room are cluttered and filled with trash. The doctor suddenly clutches his head and falls over, his hands scrabbling his head and mouth open in a scream, although no audio was mercifully provided. The camera zooms in and one can seen tendrils bursting from his ears wrapping around his face as blood runs form his ears, eyes, nose and mouth, his body shakes uncontrollable and one can see the flesh jerking and moving as movement under the skin indicates this is happening internally as well. After a minute the thrashing subsides, the flesh marked with wiring and lights that flash at odd times and colors, before coming a solid red and stand up, looking around, and then moves to the door, crashing it open, and heads outside.

“Augments will suddenly expand or grow wires that penetrate into the body, the tooth canal begins to root wards your brain,we've seen horrors from a child's head replaced with a camera system used as a scout to a collection of meat and guns used as artillery pieces for the Welded forces. These supernaturally compromised but enhanced soldiers are used in a massive army that forcefully seeks to convert; if not by subversion and acceptance, than by the sword and the gun. They had been contained by Vipran forces and her allies, but a new breakout in Gammas has occurred, this horror that calls itself 'enlightened' is now seeking to spread further, gain more converts and continue their crusade until every nation, every people, everything living is nothing but a part of a tapestry of meat and metal to their god.

As some of you may realize, this puts nations like our own, the Phoenix Conclave, and many others at risk; if even one agent gets into our nation and is allowed to build a nest and slowly grow their converts, than our worlds will fall to fire, blood and eldritch damnation. The threat may be far away, but mutual intelligence efforts have confirmed a wave of seemingly innocent refugees, engineers, doctors and other normally welcomed people that are coopted agents of this disease and have spread it farther. Some have reached even systems not four gate jumps away before Intelligence rooted them out and destroyed them.”

The Archon leaned forward, tossing aside his holopad and clasping his talons together into a tight grip.

“Let me be absolutely clear; the Moot and the media have demanded to know what happened to the Gamma expeditionary force that was sent several months ago per my directive and why they did not come home. Why I have called for military fleet and troop movements, orders and expansions, and why the Navy and Armed Forces have been seeking non-augmented recruits. The answer is simple, the Welded threat. The force we sent to a beleaguered trade ally was full of the finest augmented warriors we had to offer, we destroyed the orbital force, landed troops and were helping to push back the Welded threat that had nearly consumed the capital at this point; Our troops moved to the mainland, where the Welded community was strongest and their augmentations, the tools we gave them to excel and keep them safe on the battlefields of this blood-soaked galaxy, became their executioners. Hostile reinforcements arrived and our forces were not enough to attempt a rescue, albeit that rescue would have ended in disaster for it would have consumed our ship crews as well.

We are experiencing a threat that cuts to the very core of our society and that of the galaxy; those who augment themselves, replace lost limbs, or even have minor implantations done, or those who use artificial intelligences, the Welded are known to seek those out above all other targets of interest, we all have a bomb sitting within your nation ready to explode if the Welded infect us enough to reach it. Our only path forward, our option for our very survival is clear; the Vipran Imperium, her allies and any of those sane enough to see the threat for what it is, we all need to band together, forget petty rivalries and conflicts for the moment, for we can always resume killing each other once the threat is passed, for there will still be a future to *still fight for*.

All who understand this and wish to send aid, whatever you can spare, be you the government of a massive empire or a simple miner working his job day in, day out, be it ships, fleets, soldiers, armies, money, resources, manpower, intelligence, anything, is needed to stop this disease from becoming critical. For I have come here to declare that the Tezekian Imperium is going to war, not with one alliance, nation, or group, but with the entire entity that is the Welded. The appropriate measures are already underway, including martial law for the security of the Imperium, and I will be going to the Moot to request they support all of these and to support the war, no, expand this war to the most of our capabilities. We will not shirk away and will fight this until the end, for them or for us.

And to those who refuse to fight, who will stand by and do nothing because it won't affect you, know that your cowardice will be noted and remembered by the galactic community, when you need help, when you reach for a lifeline, or ask for mercy, we will remember you chose to consign the galaxy to eldritch oblivion.”

The Archon stands up, the camera moving up to look at him as he stares directly into the camera.

“And finally, for those who would dare to attack those fighting this war, or see this as an opportunity to line their pockets, expand their borders or take out old rivals, I make this declaration. If you interfere with the Vipran Imperium or her allies operations in the Welded sectors, if you interfere with my Imperium's operations, especially on the Welded front, or if you interfere with our allies in SATMA and any related satellite groups and bodies associated, then you will be considered an enemy of all sentient life like the Welded and you will be left as nothing but ash, as is their fate. You have been warned.

The Imperium moves to stamp out this threat, I highly suggest you all do the same. Contact us or the Viprans and their allies if you wish to know more. There will be issuances of information packets on this and where to go.

That is all for now.”

The transmission cuts, and the silence remains for a few stunned moments before finally conversation explodes again. The warning had been delivered, now it was up to the galaxy to decide how to respond to it.
Last edited by Telros on Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Alexzonya
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Alexzonya » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:01 pm

Haven Staryards, Galactic Republic of Alexzonya

The construction of the latest addition to the Haven Staryards was proceeding apace, to much anticipation among Starfleet planners and senior officers. While the bulk of the GRA's recent large-scale logistics projects had focused on building additional Staryards in various new systems rather than expanding the two legacy facilities, both Meridian and Haven were finally getting some attention. At Meridian, it has been a mundane expansion: a small annex facility had somewhat increased production. The expansion at Haven, meanwhile, was significantly more dramatic: a group of four massive fabrication cradles, with fabrication booms more than twice the length, width, and height as the previous 3km-long bays used to build the Titan-class Super Monitor and Meridian II-class Super Battleships. With the centerline booms able to pivot outward to the periphery, the new facilities could be combined for a single massive project, though no one anticipated using them for that purpose; it was simply best design practices to be flexible. Using the four individually, however...

Over at the main body of the facility, fabrication operator whose colleagues called him James had just finished his shift. A Kinsari immigrant, his proper name was difficult to even pronounce; he had picked one from Alexzonyan instead, as a nickname. He had left Kinsara to see the galaxy: only a few years ago, saying something like that would seem absurd, but now... everything was so different now. After a few months, though, the marvel of the universe began to wear off, and you started to worry about more mundane things. He collected Basic Income as a permanent resident of Alexzonya, now, but wanted more to send back home; getting a job for a as a fabrication operator had netted him a paid-for mind-machine interface on a 2 year contract, and with exchange rates being what they were, the 30 hour/week gig would make him wealthy by the time he returned home to Kinsara. What he wondered now, though, is what exactly his host country planned to do with this massive expansion. Something that size was meant to be used, but he was still, residually, in awe of the size of even the destroyers that he worked on as a junior operator. That such a large thing could fly so agilely through the void... and these weren't even large. The capital ship bays were an order of magnitude larger, and the super-capital bays... he had only seen them once, during orientation, but he still couldn't comprehend the size of the ship he had seen. These bays were larger. Whatever they were going to build... James reminds himself to volunteer for a transfer to the new facility once it comes online. He struggled to recall if "historic" could be a size in the Alexzonyan language, but decides that in this case it might be apropos regardless.

Auman
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:23 pm

April 16, 3170

White hot bolts raced across the perpetual twilight. Beams shone green in the sublimation, as armor panels exploded into gas with each successful strike. Fighters blossomed suddenly into bright balls of incandescent light before fading pathetically, another life snuffed out. The battle was raging constantly now for days, no one had time for proper sleep. Technicians took catnaps at their stations. Reinforcements were coming but the Fleet refused to open a gate at Oculus. Last time they opened the aperture, a great swarm of Leviathans erupted from the cloud cover and rushed for it. The transmission had to be terminated immediately and now the 250th Flotilla, responsible for guarding this haunted world, was holding the line... It may take a week or more for help to come.

The men and women of the 250th were fortunate in one regard. While the fabricators struggled to produce more ammunition, even as they were running out despite it, the machines that betide them were stupid. Their tactics were simple. It was easy to gun them down. There was little if any change at all. The action had become a routine.

Detect the threat, get a handle on the vector, form a line and shoot until they stop coming!

Still, they were tired and mistakes were made. The Vancouver was shot down last night because the commo operator was tripping over their own tongue. Miscommunicated the scenario so badly that the sensor tech in Glorious Heritage, who hadn't slept in forty or so hours, mistook her meaning, disengaged the connection and let them die. Had no idea that Vancouver was asking for threat identification confirmation.

Fleet General Kulak had taken to standing whenever he felt himself dozing off. He was in the CIC of the AuBSD Gorgon, watching a huge hologram of the battle playing out in orbit of Oculus. He washed down a couple of amphetamine tablets with tug of coffee as he watched the flow of battle. That's when he noticed it. A flich and a stutter in the data stream that ran at the speed of light just to the right of the hologram. It stood out. He reached out with a leather gloved hand, scrolled the stream back and dabbed the incongruent point with his index finger. This brought his attention to a grid location on Oculus itself, a particularly massive object had breached the cloud cover.

"Gorgon, are you monitoring this?" Kulak's voice was gravelly and tired, he was addressing the ship's artificial intelligence. An indistinct figure appeared before the Fleet General, resolution improving moment by moment until a woman was standing before him. Her hair was long and restrained in a tight ponytail that rested at the very crown of her head. She wore a Fleet uniform, complete with a high collared cape and shining pair of jackboots, though it was completely bereft of rank or commendation.

"I wasn't, Fleet General Kulak. There are limits even to my processing power. I'll look into it now." Gorgon's voice was surprisingly high pitched and girlish for its age. The AI was 270 years old and had accumulated more combat experience than any living member of the service, aside from Yevgenii Lyboc, the man that refused to die.

Gorgon zoomed in on the object, enhanced the image and blasted it with every available scanner in range.

"It's a cylindrical mass, approximately 167km in length..." Gorgon's eyes flicked back and forth as if reviewing her own screen, an affectation for Kulak's benefit.

"It's a Battleplate."
Last edited by Auman on Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBNFTW local 8492

Auman
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:58 am

+++Identification.+++

+++Location.+++

Two simple words flashed on the screen, strobing gently and washing Kulak with a steady pulse of green light in the darkened chamber of his command center. The first and only time these Leviathans had ever even attempted to communicate with them was cryptic.

"This is suspicious as all hell." Said Kulak, retrieving a herbal cigarette from a package. He started smoking these because he wanted to kick his nicotine habit. It didn't work well at all, but they were a simple comfort.

"It certainly is General. I've been reassigning available combat units and repositioning our support elements in preparation for battle." Gorgon's voice was steely and edged with professionalism.

"Honestly, I believe this is far beyond my pay grade. Gorgon, call the Overlord. This is deserving his personal attention." Kulak took in a lungful of smoke, his face twisting at the absurd flavoring of it.

"I already have, we're awaiting His advice now."

Almost as if by magic, a hologram appeared. The man was tall, he head was shaved smooth and his skin was so dark that it didn't translate well to the medium... He looked more like the outline of a person at first, before the program adjusted the lighting. In time, the unmistakable visage of Overlord Samoth Uyghur came into full view. He stood there in his black uniform and pristine jackboots with his crimson cape wrapped around his chest like a sash. He was outside, strolling with his hands clasped behind his back. The wind picked up suddenly and the folds in his unadorned jacket flapped lazily.

Uyghur was on Vascilia, the capital world of the Sphere. On his end it was dusk, the skies were still clouded with ash, a parting gift from the Dergh who bombarded the world a little more than a year ago. He was a busy man and the work of evacuating the planet was not made easier by these shenanigans at Oculus.

"Overlord Uyghur." Kulak bowed deeply.

Uyghur nodded his head and said "Rise."

Kulak straightened up and flourished a hand towards a spherical projection of the battlespace, "A battleplate recently emerged from the cloud cover and is attempting to get information out of us. It has only asked us to identify ourselves and, interestingly, to surrender our location."

"So, after all this waste, they only now wish to learn who we are... Curious though, why would they need to know where they are? They were here long before we discovered this system. It matters not. The less they know, the better. Go ahead, tell them who we are... It's best they know who it is that will destroy them. As for the other matter, tell them nothing. We're dispatching an Ambassador to supplement the diplomatic corps on station. Await them, but keep the enemy talking until they arrive."

"Understood, Overlord... And one more thing." Kulak's inquiry was cut short as Uyghur's hologram vanished suddenly.

Kulak grimaced, his eyes rolled slowly toward Gorgon.

"I've sent an appropriate response, Fleet General Kulak."

ATTENTION:

YOU ARE INTERFERING WITH AN AUMANII FLEET ACTION. IDENTIFY YOURSELVES IMMEDIATELY. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN INJURY OR DEATH. BE ADVISED, YOU ARE INTERFERING IN AN AUMANII FLEET ACTION. THIS IS AN ACTIVE COMBAT ZONE.
IBNFTW local 8492

United World Order
Senator

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United World Order » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:13 pm

Fringes of the Sol System,
Alpha Quadrant, Precise Location Unknown.

A lone spacecraft made it's landing protocol on what seemed to be a barren almost inhospitable moon. The moon orbited a gas giant in the fringes of the Sol System and the occupants of the spacecraft had just come from a rather tedious journey evading authorities belonging to the Aumanii Empire as they were pirates and wanted fugitives wherever they went. A landing party of five made their way out onto the moon's rocky and barren like terrain as they surveyed what was around them which looked to be absolutely nothing at all. One of the pirates scoffed as he kicked a rock at his feet as they lingered around the space craft, one of the other pirates clutched his Gauss rifle tight seemingly looking more on edge than the rest.

"What's the matter with you? We lost them man. Chill out already." The two stood around as some of the others saw to making sure their spacecraft was ready for another voyage whenever they were going to leave the moon they had landed on. Unbeknownst to them all they were being watched and had been already detected by hidden sensors laid out around them which fed the live data to the hidden base below their feet. Suddenly from an opening in the very moon surface some feet away from them came a robot which innocently enough began making its way towards them. The two pirates nearest to the robot raised their rifles as the robot came to a sudden stop before them, moving its four cybernetic arms in a non-threatening manner.

"Stop right there! Who are you? Where you come from, huh?!" One of the pirates demanded from the robot which just stared at them with an peculiar interest in them. The robot turned it's head slightly sideways almost as it was confused by what the pirate was asking it. One of the robots more apparent features was the swastika imprinted between it's eyes, a symbol not many surely would remember what it stood for at one point in time.

"Anomalies detected. Scanning for similar biological traits" The robot said and paused for several seconds. "Anomalies confirmed to be human and hostile." The pirates looked among themselves as one of the pirates nearest to the robot cursed before firing his Gauss rifle at the robot, the others did so too as the robot was filled with dozens of holes puncturing its frame. The robot could only make out it's last words before the pirates managed to finish it off, "Security protocol alpha engaged."

The ground beneath the pirates seemingly began to shake violently as more robots that evidently looked like the one they had just defeated shot up from the ground. The pirates began firing while also falling back towards their spacecraft as the robots advanced firing weapons of their own which were essentially plasma from an augmentation device on their wrist. The pirates were now frantic in getting their spacecraft up and running so they could escape whatever it was that they managed to piss off now. Just then a sudden explosion erupted from behind them as something had just completely disabled their spacecraft killing whomever happened to be inside as it sent the others near by off their feet. The robots were quick to surround the remaining pirates as they swiftly disarmed them of their weapons and had them on their knees before them, one of the robots would begin to scan them as information regarding their genetics and other biological make up was fed back to the robot and others.

"Anomalies one, two and three positive for genetic match." The robot spoke as the three pirates in question were picked up from off the ground and taken away out of the others sight. The remaining pirates who looked about them wondering what was to happen to them would meet their inevitable fate.

"Remaining anomalies to be liquidated." Was the last words the pirates still on their knees would hear before being executed out right and left on the barren surface while the robots disappeared below ground.

Fenvaria Republic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Fenvaria Republic » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:52 am

Arcadia Times

Deep Space trade station still silent
It has been over two weeks since the Deep Space Trade station, well into the Beta quadrant, has gone dark. A naval force has been sent to investigate the sudden communication outage that the station has experienced. Reports are unclear if they managed to get the station operational, however, it was acknowledged that the scout formation had made it into the region where the Deep Space Trade station was operating. Sror system governance has expressed that the station might be extremely damaged and repairs to the station's communication array would have taken some time depending on the damage that the station had sustained. They also stated that there might still be pirates operating in the region, so the patrol possibly went dark to avoid detection. In any case reports from the scout should be arriving any time soon.

However, Imperial HiCo has been launching an investigation into the lack of contact with the scout formation. Several detachments of flotillas have been sent into the region to hunt for the lost scout formation. No reports have been made so far.

New colonies planned

High Command has expressed a new wave of expansion within the Empire. This includes several new mining colonies on jovians, barren planets, moons and other planetoids that are already under Thalduhmian control. Iron Emperor Frederick in a recent statement has made it clear that expansion of the Thalduhm Empire’s colonial holdings was important for the nation to grow.

“As a nation we are young and full of life, we also control a large swath of territory with planets full of resources. Iron, copper, uranium, titanium, tungsten, and other materials can be found on these planets. Resources that we can use to further grow our civilization and arm ourselves.”

However, according to a representative from High Command, “There is the possibility of several colonies being established outside of the Empire.” But, this has yet to be confirmed by HiCo.

However, what has been reported is several new colonies being planned and formed. Several of these colonies will be in the core and frontier regions of the Empire, providing more space for the growing Thalduhmian population. But like all colonies in the Empire these are to be first set up by military forces before major civilian colonists can arrive. Applications for these colonies have already been distributed to willing civilians.

Fenvarium discovered on several planets in the Lee System!
Reports from several survey teams have been released, showing large deposits of this highly sought after fluid on three moons in the Lee system. Bidding on contracts for mining this fluid are already underway by several energy companies. These new deposits of starship fuel would increase the national reserves of the nation as well as help fuel the now expanding navy and merchant fleets. This development has been part of the several dozen programs to expand the colonial holdings within and possibly outside the Thalduhm Empire.

Several other mineral deposits have been discovered on these moons, however, these are mostly of basic minerals like iron, carbon, copper and so on.

Armed Forces test hover craft for first time
Earlier this week, several Thalduhmian and Alexzonyan companies developed a lightweight and mobile hovercraft. That could be used as a rapid reaction/fighting vehicle or a reconnaissance craft. Using GRA technology and Thalduhmian design, the two entities created the H12A “Lynx”. This vehicle uses the gravitic drive system from a GRA Blazer II, however with some light modification in order to accommodate for the LRVs frame. Being in true Thalduhmian form, the vehicle is quite modular and flexible, with the most modularity being with the turret. This turret can fit a number of different weapons in it, ranging from machine guns to autocannons.

This vehicle is currently adopted by the Northeast Gamma League Auxiliary as well as Alexzonyan military forces. The vehicle is set to be tested by the Imperial Army and Home Guard in the following weeks. After testing the vehicle will then be deemed fit or unfit for service. Several officers within HiCo have expressed some sort of discomfort with the idea of hover vehicles, one of those issues being the un-familiarness with the technology which leads to mechanical problems. That could arise during combat and outside of combat, which could lead them to be hated by ground forces.

“Remember, we need allies and trade partners.” stated High Marshal Georgy in a recent interview. “The Alexzonyans were pleased with our armor and our rocket launchers, buying a rather handsome amount of them. I think it is about time we show some gratitude back.”

Alexzonyan-Thalduhmian joint weapons and manufacturing program underworks.
Alexzonyan military officials with the Starfleet Weapons Design Partnership approached Thalduhmian officials earlier this week to formulate a joint ordnance program. This is not the first time that the Alexzonyans have approached the Thalduhm Empire for such a project, with the last known joint weapons program being the design of the H12A “Lynx”. However, this time the Alexzonyans specified that they would like the Thalduhmians to help manufacture their new R9 "Apex '' rifle. The R9 is set to replace older versions of the R7 "Stargazer" and R8 "Moland'' that are in current service with the Alexzonyan Starfleet, incorporating new technologies that the GRA has developed to increase their Marines' lethality. Details about the agreement and the project are still unknown as Thalduhmian officials have declined to comment further or provide additional details.

Thalduhmian-Phoenixi Domain Void based wargames end
The void based wargames between the Thalduhmians and the Domain have finally ended, these wargames took place in the Empire’s capital system of Roon Husila. The wargames are made up of two parts, a void based wargames and a planetary based wargames. These war games had been planned by both sides, with a number of different objectives. The first was to test Phoneixi fleet capabilities as well as the Thalduhmian fleet and system defenses. The second was to familiarize Thalduhmian and Phoenixi forces with different ship classes that the other used, third was to familiarize the two forces with tactics that the Thalduhmian or Phoenixi could use in the field.

Both sides did bring a substantial force into the fight, however, it is noted that the Phoenixi brought a much smaller force than expected, only 1,000 ships in total. However, these ships are substantially more advanced than Fenavrian ships. With them being completely automated, using particle beam weaponry and other energy based weapons, shielding that could weather massive slugs, not to mention being considerably accurate when it came to FTL jumps. There are also a few ships that had their own interdiction fields.

When it comes to Thalduhmian ships, there were a total of 1,040 warships in the system, being made up of the Home Fleet, Eurls Patrol fleet, and four flotillas. While the Thalduhmian ships are not as advanced as Domain ships they are still powerful. For most ships the main offensive weapon was it’s spinal cannon, however, the warships did include turreted railguns and autocannons. Unlike Domain warships, the Thalduhmian ships used mostly kinetic style and missile weaponry, with lasers being used for point defense. Like the Domain ships, the Thalduhmian ships came with shielding, however, it was not like that of Domain shielding. The most common ships classes within the Thalduhmian force were destroyers, cruisers, and light carriers; this was to be expected as these ships make up the backbone of the FR fleet.

Military Order 7987 has been signed by Iron Emperor Frederick
With the end of the Thalduhmian-Domain War Games and the careful evaluation of the post combat reports, HiCo has come up with a list of military changes that needed to occur. Most of these were technology upgrades to the Thalduhmian ships, re-ordering fleet compositions and the production of newer ships at an increased rate. This military order, dubbed Military Order 7987, was then sent to the Parliament where it was passed with flying colors in both houses. Finally, it was approved by Iron Emperor Frederick who signed the order into commission.

Dracoian Tech Cult sect holds demonstrations on Ratzu
Earlier this week, a Tech Cult sect on Ratzu held a major religious gathering in the planetary capital, which saw the deployment of a number of Home Guardsmen to the Capital. These Guardsmen had been deployed to keep order between the sect and the general populace, as prior incidents have often ended in some level of violence.

For years there has been a delicate balance and peace between the Tech cult and the ancestral religions of the Dracoians, however, in recent months the Tech Cult has seen several sects popping up. These sects would range from militant to somewhat peaceful, however, they would be wildly different from the more traditional Tech cult. These new sects often are rather forceful with the cybernetic augmentations and preaching that cybernetics will save them from their doom. When compared to the traditional tech cult, they view cybernetics as the most holy object and are only revered for those who are highly religious. So, the two sides of the Tech Cult often stay away from each other. The upper echelons of the Tech cult have started to distance themselves from the fanitical members of the sects.

Rumors are also circulating about a possible schism in the Tech Cult, however these are yet to be confirmed by officials.

========================================================================

Capital Complex, Arcadia City
Arcadia, Roon Husila System

Iron Emperor Frederick placed the newspaper down and leaned back into his overstuffed chair, then folding his hands together in his lap. He sighed and looked at the individuals around him, four of them were High Marshals of the military branches, while another one was the director of the Imperial Security Ministry. These five had been evaluated and picked, they were the best of the best in their fields. However, right now, they seemed to be just as puzzled as Iron Emperor Frederick. An awkward silence hung over the room for a few moments, then Frederick spoke.

“What do we know so far about the Deep Trade Station?” He calmly asked, a hint of annoyance in his tone. He then leaned forward and looked at the individuals. “I would like to have some sort of update, this is billions of Golden Credits lost!”

An older evandari in a military uniform that had Navy insignia on it, then cleared his throat and spoke “Emperor, our latest reports indicate that the scout has gone MIA. Communications with them had been patchy but they were able to recover some data about the station.” The evandari then turned to the ISM Director, who then turned on a holographic recording which hazily depicted the station in ruins with debris everywhere. “As far as we know, all hands on the station are lost, plus all hands aboard the corvettes that we sent.”

“However, before the scout fully lost communications we received another transmission from the scout, this time a partial video. This one seemed to outline several troopers holding a defensive line around the docking tube before being overrun and the destroyer being boarded.”

“Boarded by what?” asked Frederick as one of his eyebrows raised up, he was concerned but yet curious, what the hell happened to that station. This had to be more than just a pirate raid, these people weren't acting like pirates, they were needlessly throwing themselves at the troopers. Like they lost all reason and were acting animalistic....and fanatical.

“Well, there are a few theories we have. The first one being that what we are seeing is some sort of cult pirate gang that indoctrinates and recruits from places they have captured.” started the ISM director, as she then turned the screen to herself and tapped on it, zooming on one of the figures.

“How likely is that?” asked Frederick, in the back of his head he already knew the answer, possibly, though pirates would not try to destroy the whole station. Plus why would the pirates wait for the scout to get so close.

“It is possible....however,” she then turned the screen back to the Iron Emperor and played it, which showed a small clip of a person yelling and then exploding. “I don't know any pirate gang that causes their crew members to be this fanatical. Not to mention, I never saw cybernetics like the ones they are using.”

“What do you mean?”

“We took the frames that we captured from the video that the scout sent out before losing contact and analyzed them for any sort of intelligence. We came across several figures that are unknown, several cybernetics that are not Thalduhmian made or in our databases, and weapons that do not seem to be...traditional.”

“Are we looking at a galactic wide pirate gang?”

“Perhaps, however, several ISM and military officials are suggesting it is something else....something far more sinister....”

“The Welded?” bluntly asked Frederick, which caused him to tense up as well as several other intel and military officials.

“Yes, Emperor.” started the ISM director, “According to both Dornie and Tezekian intelligence, the welded are mostly focusing their attention on the gamma and beta quadrants. From the last reports, they are just on the galactic rim of these two quadrants. Reports from both the Dornie and Tezekians have been.....less than fruitful....as far as we know one Dornie world is being invaded.”
The Army High Marshal scoffed and shook his head. “I can not think of a worse place to invade, the Dorns are a fearsome bunch, hell they might as well be more fearsome than the Empire.”

“Indeed.” replied the Iron Emperor with a nod, as he then looked back at the holographic screen that the ISM director placed in front of him. He sighed, had the Welded completely jumped over several nations and implanted themselves in the Thalduhmian trade station? He knew that it was about time that the welded made their way here, he just didn't think it would be this quick. “Start mobilizing the military, quietly....I dont want too much ruckus about this. I would like to confirm that the Welded are here and have the military ready before we start releasing this information to the public.”
Last edited by Fenvaria Republic on Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:01 am, edited 12 times in total.
Read my factbooks!!

A land of snow covered dieselpunk aesthetics, wolf and cat kemonomimi, space travel, fanatic militarism, and trench warfare

Auman
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:25 am

Quisquiliae, the world of trash.

Mountainous hulks littered the oxidized landscape, nestled amongst mounds of twisted scrap. A graveyard for starships of every kind. Freighters, haulers and luxury yachts, their keels broken, their useful components salvaged and that which was not had been cast aside. Whatever life that had existed on this planet was gone or wholly changed by the ravaged environment, mutated to live alongside pools of toxic waste. The air was rancid, toxic clouds wafting green and gathering in pools in the shallows of the earth. Still, thanks in no small part to a massive ocean that still breathed oxygen into the atmosphere, it was possible for human beings to breathe the air here, though cautiously... And sadly, many felt within the ruined masses, making a quiet living for themselves in the bones of mighty starships.

The Minotaur, a mighty warrior whose mother called herself Gorgon, lay in two pieces... Split asunder by the call of the Leviathan. She rested in a place of honor, lending her dignity to this wretched world, and in her shadow lived an old man and his son. These scavengers found use in the useless, giving new life to that which had been discarded. In their modest home was an assortment of devices, knickknacks and crafts of a clever sort. Machines that worked, laughed and played... For in the absence of life, they had created life. A mechanical bird chirped happily as a cat made of metal and smooth, salvaged, mahogany taken from a desk left behind in a starliner, pawed curiously at its cage. The old man was tired now, spending more time on his divan while his son roamed the countryside, looking for useless useful things.

The son was mounting a ridge composed of discarded computer chips, the gold and precious metals long since melted from them, when he slipped and rolled down the cascading slope of green silica. On his way to the bottom, his ribs caught on something hard and sharp, he felt something tear and called out in surprise. He came to a rest, quiet and unmoving. If one were to see him, they'd have thought he was dead. No one had seen him and he wasn't dead. His fingers twitched one by one and a high pitched, child like, groan had split his lips. The son pushed himself up to his knees and rubbed his battered ribs.

"Ow! That hurt! Jeez!" He said, seemingly unphased by his fall.

He turned to look up the slope and perhaps discover what it was that he hit. A glint caught his eye, an azure blue jewel shined just below a shale of circuitry. The son pushed himself back up the slope, step by sturdy step. Sliding his hands out and away, he dug through the components to find... A robot. He had seen one like it before, once, when he was very young. It was small, no taller than three feet and no wider than a trashcan, which upon closer inspection it was revealed to be.

A trashcan with two shining blue optical, corrugated arms and legs which ended in harmless claws and round, symmetrical, boots. A cute sort of machine, when he appraised it.

"Andrew!" Came a rasping voice in the distance.

"Andy, where are you?" The voice called again.

"Uhhhh... Father?!" Andy stood up straight, like a bolt. He grabbed the little robot, tucking it under his arm and ran as fast as he could towards the voice of his father. His speed was inhuman, he bounded over large pieces of discarded machinery as if they weren't even there. He looped his way around and between treacherous, jagged, spears of dangerous metal, swinging his way through like it was a playground to him. When Andy made it down to the pathway, worn by generations of salvagers like his father, he took off like a race car. He ran much faster than any man could, because he was not truly a man... But a machine meant to look like one.

Andy was an android. This became obvious as his eyes began to pulse red, illuminating his face from under a pair of neon green sunglasses, gifted to him by his father many years ago. The android man, came careening around a hillock of discarded radio tubes and nearly collided with his father, who, bent and clutching a chain, wore a tattered environment suit. Andy contrasted with his father as he was dressed in a pair of navy blue lycra track pants, an emerald green t-shirt and a black fanny pack. A calculator watch adorned Andy's left wrist, which didn't work and he didn't need. When asked by his father why he wore a thing that was broke, Andy always shrugged and said "I hope one day that I might fix it. I like it."

The memory made the old man smile as he appraised his son, who was a spitting image of himself... Though much younger. He sighed though, wishing he had given his son, Andrew, a full head of hair. Andy's scalp was bare, though a band of tightly curled black hair ringed his head.

"Andrew, my son, what have you found there... Under your arm?" Asked the old man, patiently.

"It's AAAAAAHHHHHHHMMMMMMM" Andy had trouble finding his words, it wasn't his fault... A lack of spare parts had given him a learning disability.

"This is a robot," Andy's head twirled and his jaw worked like he was chewing out the worlds, "This is a robot that ahhhh kids made at school... BACK HOME."

The old man lifted one of the robots limp, corrugated, arms and let it drop, slackly, with his cain.

"I think you're right, Andrew. When I was a little boy, in kindergarten, we made one just like it. Every class did at the beginning of their education and the robot would follow us through the grades, helping the teachers and singing songs to us children... Ours was my best friend." The old man tottered closer to have a better look.

"We would even name them." Said the old man, twisting the brain cap free from the robot.

"We named our robot friend and the teacher would engrave it under here." Andrew's father blew dust from the cap and squinted intently. Suddenly, he gasped in disbelief.

"What was the name of your robot, Father?" Andy asked, tilting his head just a little too far to the right.

The old man looked at Andy, his bright blue eyes wide with amazement.

"Traschan McClean." The same name engraved in the cap.
IBNFTW local 8492

New Dornalia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New Dornalia » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:47 am

....Thank you for watching the REAL NDBC news--New Dornalian Broadcasting Corporation news--not those jokers at National Dornalian Broadcasting Corporation. We now return to Dornalia's Finest!

The action cuts to a daytime scene, with panorama shots of the city of Huntleighville, Konoha County. Mount Hokageyama lies in the distance, with a statue commemorating the Civil War's fallen. The city itself has a gleaming skyline, filled with busy hovertraffic and ground traffic. The subtitle "Huntleighville, Konoha County" reminds you of where you are. There's no music in the background, only a voiceover which emerges over the scene, delivered professionally, politely, and competently. There is a slight bit of a Russian accent, but otherwise the accent is very much the generically North Americanized Dornalian English.

"Yeah, I mean, I love Huntleighville. It's a big city, but it feels certainly safer than most, you know? Hell, I can take my kids out downtown to the holosuites, and I feel safe doing so, my husband and I. It--it's a good place."

The camera then cuts to the image of an attractive looking Russian woman in her thirties with an athletic build, sitting behind a console and some other holographic displays and a radio. She has platinum blonde hair cut into a sort of bob cut, with platinum blonde wolves' ears on the top of her head. The woman has a navy blue uniform on, with short sleeves and a tie. The badges and patches mark her as a member of the Huntleighville PD, and a sergeant at that. The onscreen text even says so, identifying her as "Sgt. Olga Aisenshtadt, Huntleighville PD." The woman continues to speak.

"I mean, I joined the Huntleighville PD because I wanna protect this community, and make sure it's still good for my children and their children." Pausing, with a shrug, Olga goes, "I mean, to make a long story short, I give a sh--er, care." Olga laughs a bit, and goes, "Wew. Nearly said some language I know you guys gotta bleep out. Maisie'd be horrified at mommy swearing, so I gotta watch what I say, especially as we're filming. Anyway."

The radio next to Olga crackles to life.

"All Units, this is Dispatch. We have a Code 502 in Progress on 104th and Smythe, repeat Code 502 in Progress on 104th and Smythe, please respond, information to follow.

Olga then, without much of a thought, flicks a switch on her dashboard and the lights and siren turn on. Pushing a few tabs on the holographic monitor as she listens to an automated voice read off some information, Olga says, "Dispatch, this is Unit 207-KIlo, I am responding to the 502, over. Have back up ready." Without much of a beat, Olga clarifies for the audience--"We're going after a drunk driver. Nothing serious yet, but it looks like from the holofeeds that we've got reports of a guy moving in and out of lanes, and missing barely a bus full of nuns." The last part comes out with an annoyed tone, and Olga then concludes with, "So, we gotta get him off the road."

Olga then pushes the accelerator hard. The engine roars to life, joining the sirens in a cacophony of officially sanctioned noise pollution. The camera cuts to a first person view of the road, with the text reading "6:25pm, Drunk Driving Call". Cars and trucks are pulling to the side, leaving a clear path for Olga's car to rocket down the highway at frantic speeds. The landscapes of Huntleighville become a blur as all the signs advertising everything from fast food to legal services to local news personalities merge into a speedy blur.

The whole thing slows down, as Olga approaches the driver in a block of townhouses. The car is moving erratically back and forth on the main drag. Olga maintains about a couple of car lengths back, and holds her speed for a few moments before the car stops on the side of the road. Olga stops behind her and then, the camera cuts to Olga getting out of the car calmly and then follows Olga as she walks calmly and carefully to the other car.

Knocking on the drivers' side window, the camera crew captures as the window goes down, revealing a pixellated face with cat ears.

Olga leans in and goes, "Excuse me! Hi. Huntleighville PD. May I have your license and registration?"

The voice from within the stopped automobile goes, "Meh!" and mutters something in an incomprehensible voice. To quote TV Tropes, the subtitler is stumped and renders the phrase as [UNINTELLIGIBLE].

Olga raises her eyebrows, confused as to what's going on and also sensing that this lady is quite intoxicated. She sniffs the air, and resists the urge to comment on the obvious smell of...something...which the viewer thankfully cannot smell. Olga does give the camera a disturbed and yet unsurprised side glance though, and continues on with her business.

Olga speaks again, asking professionally and calmly, "Ma'am, there's no need for that, I just need your license and registration--"

The voice grumpily shouts, "Oh, for [BLEEP]'s sake! Here!" Olga then gets a paper and a card thrown at her solar plexus with great force, sending her staggering back. At that, Olga opens the car door and commands in a sterner, more commanding voice, "Okay, that's it--get out of the car." The woman in the car continues to thrash about as the car shakes and the visible sounds of a drunken temper tantrum can be heard with a flurry of [BLEEP]s can be heard. Olga, now visibly but calmly and professionally finished with this driver's chicanery, then raises her voice as she shouts, "I said, Get. Out. Of. The. Car!"

What happens next is that Olga suddenly and violently flies back, as if she were a puppet on strings being yanked about by an incompetent puppeteer. Olga flies back, slamming into some nearby rhodedendrons as the driver of the vehicle begins running out of the car. Her face is pixellated, but her disheveled Hunter Green uniform with an open shirt revealing a "BURY ME UPSIDE DOWN SO THE WORLD CAN KISS MY ASS!" novelty T-shirt and some trousers clearly stained with some sort of fluid marks her as an Orderman. The Driver's cat ears can be seen more clearly on her head, along with a tail from her pants, indicating she's a Dornalian catgirl, aka a "gata". She shouts angrily, "[BLEEEP]ing pig! [BLEEEEEEPS]!"

Olga gets back up and calls into a radio on her chest, going, as she begins giving chase, "This is Unit 207-KIlo, suspect is foot mobile, am attempting foot pursuit--be advised, suspect appears to possess Empowered abilities." Pulling out a weapon resembling a pistol, she flicks a switch on it as it glows, going, "This is 207-Kilo, have switched on phaser set to discomforting and Automated Response Tags should report that, standby."

The camera crew tries to keep up with Olga as she runs like mad, chasing after the Driver as the Driver attempts to evade Olga. The imagery becomes jittery and shaky, as the camera crew's equipment is jostled by the run. The crew can be seen in brief glimpses--they're not too comfortable with this, even if stoically accepting this is part of the job.

However, it's fairly obvious that The Driver is heavily intoxicated. Olga is keeping pace, but mostly as The Driver is tripping on lawns and sidewalk cracks and even what appears to be thin air. All the while, the Driver can be seen making unusual, if drunken gestures from her hands, causing objects to fly out of her pockets with great force.

Olga radios to Dispatch, as sirens can be heard in the distance, "Dispatch, this is 207-Kilo, we got suspect attempting to dispose of evidence along Renfro in the 1200 block, send recovery teams! Repeat, send recovery teams!"

At one point, The Driver tries to leap onto a roof top to escape, only to miss the jump and slam into a tree branch, rolling around it a few times before she falls back onto the earth like a living cartoon. The Driver is limping away, and Olga shouts, "I WON'T TELL YOU AGAIN! STOP! NOW!" The Driver turns and begins cursing at Olga. A string of BLEEPs can be heard from the Driver, as she attempts to flee. The Driver can be heard chanting some sort of chant as she does so…

...and then is promptly interrupted by Olga's phaser, as Olga fires it at The Driver's legs. Or tries to, as the shot goes wide and hits The Driver in the chest. The Driver howls in pain, going, "[BLEEEP]ING NAZI [BLEEEEEEEEEEEP]." Olga fires again at the Driver's feet, and this time the shot connects. The Driver goes down, and Olga leaps on top of her, putting her knee in the small of The Driver's back as Olga puts her full weight on the Driver's rear end, while grabbing the Driver's arms as other officers show up.

Olga then begins shouting, "STOP RESISTING. STOP!" The Driver begins howling even more, screaming as she thrashes around furiously, "[BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP]! YOU PEOPLE SEE THIS WITH YOUR CAMERAMAMA PHONES! YOUR [BLEEEEEEEP] EXO[BLEEEEEEEEEEEEP]. YOU CAN'T DO THIS [BLEEEEEEEEP]! YOU GOT THIS [BLEEP] ON CAMERA, YOU [BLEEP] TV [BLEEEEEEEP]! AIN'T DONE NOTHING WRONG!"

Two other Officers providing assistance with the hold soon work to hold The Driver mightily, as all of them can be seen getting on The Driver in one way or another.

One of them, a bald headed older African American man identified by on screen text as "Capt. Joseph Cain," brings out a small box resembling the Ghostbusters trap, radioing, "Dispatch this is 208-Kilo, be advised, am deploying Sierra India Measures, time is 7:04pm."

The device hums and glows, as the Driver pauses for a second. She then somehow gets even more irate, screaming a furiously censored array of curses over the objections of the Officers. Olga can be heard shouting "STOP RESISTING!" over and over, before The Driver sighs and gives up. Handcuffs are placed on The Driver, and The Driver is propped up, made to sit down on the curb.

Olga begins grilling her, in a polite but professional manner.

"Why'd you try to run, man? We coulda just had a stop--"

The Driver says, "Ain't got nothin' to say to you, pig."

"Well, clearly there's something going on, ma'am, because we had reports you nearly hit a bus full of nuns and were swerving all over the road. So, that--"

"[BLEEEP]"

The Driver spits. Olga stops and backs up as Capt. Cain intercedes, placing himself between Olga and The Driver and going, "Ma'am, you cannot keep doing this. Calm down."

As The Driver begins to bawl, Capt. Cain goes, "No. We're not having this discussion. Calm. Down."

The Driver looks at every one of them, going, "I'm an Orderman, I'm one of you! Why you treatin' me like this!?" She begins sobbing, going, "Ain't done nothin' but had a couple'a beers…."

Capt. Cain barks, "Well, I'm an Orderman too, ma'am." Pointing to a distinct shoulder badge on his uniform, he goes, "See? You see this patch? That means I'm with the Order too. Temple of Huntleighville, like you. 'Cept I'm higher in rank, okay?"

The Driver mutters angrily, and the drunken ramble ends with, "...I guess so."

"So when I see a Novitiate act up like this, it makes me mad." Capt. Cain goes, "Especially one with as much talent as you." Crossing his arms cross his chest, Cain goes, "Look. We wanna know what's happened. If you want, you can refuse to talk to us, but either way, you're not going home tonight."

The Driver mutters angrily and goes, defeated, "Gimme a lawyer. Master Kinnerman told me not to talk to cop. Gimme a lawyer, you don't need to gimme the Miranda rights. I ain't saying nothing."

At that, Cain then commands the Driver to stand up, and then has another officer take her to a waiting police car. Sullen, the Driver complies as the other officer pats her down after putting the Sierra India device on his back. Then, the man begins scanning her with a tricorder, after the Orderwoman nods. The Tricorder beeps angrily, and the examining officer says, "Capt.--she's reading multiple intoxicants, including a BAC of .20."

At that, Cain nods, and the Examining Officer begins reading her the Miranda Rights as this occurs. Out of the Novitiate's pockets comes a switchblade, a phone, a box of condoms, and a mess of papers and a small copy of The Orderman's Basic Manual. The items are bagged, and then the Driver is placed in the backseat of the car.

The camera crew, meanwhile, turns back to Olga. Amazingly, Olga is not doing too badly, even as she's being attended to by EMTs and other officers. She can be seen wincing in pain at times, but her breathing is not forced, and Olga is not too upset.

Cracking a smile, Olga then continues, as Capt. Cain comes over to her, "Yeah, I'm fine. EMT says there's no broken bones, just soft tissue injury and strains. Sorry. I mean, I've been here for a while, but well, you never can tell when someone's gonna bring out the magic." She then chuckles, and goes, "Magic's quite a drug." Cain laughs in turn, going, "Well, it's good to see you're good."

Olga then asks, "What about the car?"

Cain replies, "The car's going to get towed, and we're going to get a warrant and search the car. We've also got people recovering things she threw out.

But at the very least, given what we've seen, she's going to jail tonight for DUI, resisting and evading arrest, property damage, trying to tamper with evidence, and assaulting an officer."

Cain then sighs, as the image fades to "Dornalia's Finest", and says, "Such a waste."
"New Dornalia, a living example of anomalous civilizations."-- Phoenix Conclave
"Your nation has always been ridiculous. But it's endearing."--Skaugra
"It's a magical place where chinese cowboys ply the star lanes to extract vast wealth from trade, where NORINCO isn't just an arms company, but an evil bond villain type conglomerate that hides in other nations. Where the apocalypse happened, and everyone went "huh, that's neat" and then got back to having catgirls and starships."-- Olimpiada
"...why am I space China, and I don't have actual magic animals, and you're space USA, and you do? This seems like a mistake." --Roania, during a discussion on wildlife.

Fenvaria Republic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Fenvaria Republic » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:52 am

Arcadia Times

Preparations for war?
In the last few months, the Empire has seen an increased demand for military supplies and equipment. Factories have been pouring out equipment and material at an astonishing rate, opening up new factories on planets in the colonies and even on the frontier. This increase in factories has led to increased production in mining and other industries all across the Empire. Leading to more and more people being employed and bringing newfound wealth to rather backwater areas. However, many have started to question, is the Empire heading towards war? And if so, with who?

Some within the industrial complex have wondered if it is another war with the Dracoians, which almost seems to be traditional. While others have stated that the military is selling off its older stock of weapons and equipment to other nations, like that of the NEGL (NorthEast Gamma League) and the Alexzoyanians. Since they are selling off this 100+ year stock they need to replenish that reserve stock as quickly as possible. This operation has been done before with the end of the 17 Year War, just over 150 years ago. However, there are a collective few that have noticed other outside events, the rapid thrusts made by the Welded, mostly in the Gamma Quadrant. So, in the efforts to protect allied nations in the region, the Empire is selling off its old equipment to provide a stop-gap action for the lack of material for the NEGL and GRA forces. Then eventually, the Empire will deploy its own forces once it has reached a substantial amount of reserve equipment.

Government officials have acknowledged the existence of the Welded for some time now, however, have been wary to deploy troopers in full blown operations in Welded combat zones with allied forces. Many have stated that the risk of the Welded salvaging state of the art Thalduhmian technology would prove to be disastrous, especially when the Empire has been moving to fully mobilize. But, for now the Empire has taken part in a sort of Welded blocking move with Operation Shieldwall. Reports on the progress of the operation have been few and far between, but according to sources the operation had just kicked off.

In the end, the Empire has started to benefit greatly from this surge in manufacturing and production to fuel the never ending need of manufactured goods. But, the threats of the galaxy keep looming over us like hawks. Whether it be the Welded or other nations, we must be ready to face them with our allies.

First wave of new colonies have been launched
The first set of new colonies have been launched from several shipyards across the Frontier and the Colony region with one Core region system seeing a wave of colonization. But, there is one set of colony ships that will be going beyond claimed Thalduhmian space to set up an outpost far beyond the Thalduhmian borders. When asked, officials have declined to comment completely on the mission of this set of colony ships, stating that their mission is to test a newer generation of long range colony ships as well as better long range colonization techniques. We do not know the destination of this colony ship, however, we have been informed that it is considerably far from Thalduhmian space.

Civil unrest fears in the Sror system grow
After the rather peaceful tech cult demonstrations on Ratzu, there has been a series of attacks on tech cult sanctums, these range from simple graffiti vandalism to burning down these sanctums. Most of the attacks seem to be targeted towards what would be the older and more traditionalist tech cult sanctums, however, investigation into these attacks and who has done them are still ongoing.

But across the system more and more of these tech cult demonstrations are taking place and usually by the more “reformist” and “non traditionalist” factions of the tech cult. Calling for the embracement of the Welded or for a new system and planetary government system, one that would be fairer but also see the tech cult wielding more power. This change in political landscape would see the ultra delicate peace shattered. For the most part they have been peaceful with minimal Home Guard presence, however, others have turned into full blown riots that have caused Home Guard forces to be deployed and quickly dispersed the rioting. Further riots and protests have appeared all over Ratzu and are mostly focused around the capital zone, these protests and riots have slowly become more violent and radical as further Home Guard forces have been deployed.

The system and planetary governments of the Sror system have been around since the system was originally colonized by the Dracoians during the First Contact War. The system had seen some major fighting in both the First Contact War and the 17 Year War, and had grown sympathetic towards the Thalduhmians so after the war when the Thalduhmians took control of the system there was little resistance from the government there. Since then the government of Sror has been rooted in a number of anti corruption cases, with several governors removed from office on several accounts of corruption and possible treason. But, the Empire has not stepped in to the system as they are providing their required tithe of resources and material for the overall Empire.

Also, Sror is in a legally interesting position, since Sror is a protectorate of the Thalduhm Empire, it has to pay a tithe to the nation in exchange for protection. However, due to careful wording and phrasing within its treaty and rules of governance, the Empire can not interfere with Sror’s domestic affairs unless it has reached a point where the planetary and system bodies can not handle it. For example a full blow civil war. This interference could be something like changing the planetary government either peacefully or violently. But the Sror government has allowed Thalduhmian troopers to be stationed on the planet to protect places of interest as well as help to a limited degree with insurgency missions.

Thalduhm Empire imports GRA weaponry
As mentioned before, the Empire and the GRA have been working closely on a joint weapons and manufacturing program, which has resulted in several spin offs like the H12A “Lynx” and the manufacturing of the R9 rifle for GRA forces. The Lynx would start to see service with the GRA and several different variants of the vehicle, while the R9 also is starting to see widespread production. Reviewing combat data and soldier input, the Empire realized it needed another heavy support weapon that would assist troopers when taking on enemy heavy infantry and light armor. They would need something heavier than the trusty M64A1 LMG, but more mobile than the Empire’s own M70 HMG. They would need something with the same fire power as a heavy railgun but have the portability of a lighter weapons platform.

With arms production largely tied up in making arms for the Imperial Army and for export orders, Imperial High Command and leadership looked to the GRA for any sort of heavy support weapon that the Empire could acquire. After weeks of trialing different GRA heavy weapons, the AC-5v1 Autocannon caught the attention of the Empire for a number of different reasons. As it had adequate handling, effective against heavy infantry and light vehicles, and featured an integrated bipod that was easy to store. It also offered a rather stout 15x120mm cartridge that was easy to produce due to the weapon’s coil assembly.

Satisfied with the weapon’s performance, several large batches of AC-5v1 have been purchased and given the designation IM-67. The IM designation is indicating that it is an imported muntion. The Empire has also purchased licensing production as well, in order to satisfy the need for the autocannon within the Imperial Military.
Last edited by Fenvaria Republic on Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
Read my factbooks!!

Fenvaria Republic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Fenvaria Republic » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:32 am

Arcadia Times

WAR!
Now officially, the Empire is at war with the Welded. Several days ago, the Reformist tech cultist backed by the Welded launched a major uprising on the planet of Ratzu I. This rapid assault overwhelmed the Home Guard and Imperial Army forces, pushing them back to the northern portion of the planet. A similar uprising appeared on Ratzu II, also pushing back the Home Guard and Imperial Army forces. Meanwhile in space the Ratzu Defense Fleet began exchanging fire with itself as cultist members quickly turned on their former comrades so that the welded allied cultists could seize the system and rout any Thalduhmian reinforcements.

Once the reports of warfare and uprising appeared on the Iron Emperor’s desk and in front of the Parliament, it was quickly declared that these Welded allied cultists were traitors to the Empire and would receive no mercy. Several leaders had been identified including the former planetary governors of Ratuz I and Ratzu II. The system governor of Sror has also been implemented into the cultist plot. Both levels of governors have been charged with over 900 counts of treason, intention of treason, mis-information of Imperial assets, misallocation of military assets, misuse of military assets, misuse of civilian assets, misallocation of civilian assets, destruction of property, dereliction of duty, heresy, murder, arson, jaywalking and finally 6 counts of improper dress.

Aside from the criminal charges, the Empire has also placed together a massive relief force that will be used to retake the system from the Welded and re-establish order in the system. Their job also is to locate the traitor governors and exact Imperial justice upon the traitors, which is execution.

Earlier today, Iron Emperor Frederick made a speech about the severity of the Welded and the Thalduhmian response to this growing threat. Clearly calling the Empire to a war to deal with this galactic and extragalactic threat.

“Ladies and Gentlemen of the Empire, we are at war with a menace that threatens the very existence of the Empire and the galaxy. A menace that wishes to convert us all into their mindless slaves, to destroy our culture and our way of life. A menace that has stretched two different quadrants and is unrelenting in their goal of bringing their dream to this galaxy, in a wave of blood, gore, violence and suffering. It is imperative that we, as a nation, take up arms in defense of our culture and way of life! We will no longer sit by and commit to simple blocking offensives, instead we will take the fight to the Welded and take back the system of Sror. Restoring Imperial law and order to the system, delivering swift justice to those that have rebelled. These rebels have betrayed us as a people and a nation, betraying the very core values we hold dear! Thus immediately, I am initiating several military orders to increase production of military equipment and to call a full draft into effect. If we are to win this war, we need to use every available resource to fight this war....this total war.”

In the closing of his speech Iron Emperor Frederick discussed the task force that was being sent to retake the system, it was a large force consisting of a Fleet sized formation with at least eight legion sized armies being used in the invasion of Sror. He also stated that the Kadrians would be aiding them in their mission, providing several legions of their own to help reinforce the Imperial ground forces.
Last edited by Fenvaria Republic on Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
Read my factbooks!!

United World Order
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United World Order » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:17 pm

BIRTH OF THE ALMIGHTY

Ordena, Ordean Nebula
Alpha Quadrant.

In the throne room of the Ordean Kaiser Hildemar II a grand undertaking was set to take place in which with the help of the Primal Continuum of Essential Virtue and readily available technology would see Hildemar be granted what many considered to be God. Hildemar himself and personally overseen much of the preparations for what was about to take place in which he took great pride in, something that to him and the clergy saw as the coming of their savior. Before him was the device that would give him the status of God and that was a almost literal sarcophagus made of some kind of metal with wires and tubes running through it while other machines were off to the side being attended to by scientists. A ceremony was to be held in which the top clergy and the newly crowned Grandmaster of the Orden des Sternenkaiserritter would attend and bare witness to the ascension of Hildemar II to a living god. Nerves were on high as the process was still not entirely marked to be successful however Hildemar himself wished to go through with it anyway despite the expected success rate of the transformation. The process its self would be the placing of Hildemar into the coffin like metal sarcophagus sealing him inside and connecting him to the various tubes and wiring before releasing what was essentially pure energy from the Warp into his body. Additional machines and computers also present were to regulate the amount of warp energies being injected into the Kaiser himself in which the hopeful scenario would be the opening of the sarcophagus and the emergence of Hildemar II. The ceremony soon enough began as Hildemar himself began to de robe himself of his clothing completely bearing his naked body in full view of the other clergy, Sternekaiserritter and Imperial Guard in the throne room. Hildemar himself would then step into the sarcophagus himself as a team of scientists began to attach wiring and tubing to his body while the fellow clergymen began singing praises in his name.

"He shall say to the Lord
Thou art my protector
and my refuge
my God
I will hope in him
For he shall deliver thee
from the snare of evil
and from every troublesome matter
He shall overshadow thee with his shoulders
and thou shalt trust under his wings"

Once the initial preparations were done the sarcophagus would be sealed with Hildemar inside as the scientists began starting the process from which harnessing pure warp energy would begin to flow through the tubing as a bright purple like color as it entered the sarcophagus. Scientists and clergymen alike watched a screen showing Hildemar's vitals as minutes went by before the flowing warp energy was cut remotely and the room awaited the emergence of Hildemar. Suddenly the room began to shake and the door to the sarcophagus swung open as Hildemar himself emerged after a initial shock wave that went on for who knows how long. The clergymen and scientists in the presence of the sheer energy emitting from Hildemar were forced onto their knees while the Imperial Guard and Sternekaiserritter donning full power armor descended to one knee with their own free will. In unision everyone in the room began to shout;

"THE ALMIGHTY HAS ARISEN."

Vrot Kaspara
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Vrot Kaspara » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:26 pm

Somewhere in Alpha Quadrant

“Vrot Halasnarod is sacked.”

“The fuck did you just say to me?”

“Vrot. Halasnarod. Is. Sacked.”

“And why should I care? I’m not worried about a dead, ignoble bastard’s pissant alliance of old-wayers.”

“Sorry, sir, it just came across—“

“No. Go back to before Halasnarod.”

“The Hegemony, sir?”

“No, the fucking breakfast, baga. Yes, the damned Hegemony.”

“The Kaiser—“

“Hildemar. The Kæssar is dead. Thankfully. The Ordean pretender is named Hildemar II after his pretender-father, Hildemar. We grant neither the first nor the second Hildemar the title Kæssar. In any language, to include vsûyassk. Dismissed, and do not return.”

And so another art-assistant was deemed unsuitable to the King of Urmania’s disposition.The machine bowed out, knowing neither that the child that had spoken to it was a King or that its departure was marked by a spitting, “Git dah kraap avay f’um meh.”

With fingers splayed to articulate some sign, a hand was waved and the machine was torn asunder by some unseen force. The screech of tearing metal reverberated through the plasteel corridors of the refuge-station’s command deck. The boy’s rai had been off, so the metal and plastic parts grated against each other due to imperfect control, resonating just slightly with bulkhead to pierce the ears of the caster, who released his ripping hold on the art-assistant due to agony of ear.The mangle-twisted machine tumbled down a stairwell where a jester retrieved it for comedic inspection. The King chuckled at the play at medical attention the robot received before returning his attention to the briefing interrupted by his own displeasure. Clapping his hands together, the Boy King fumed with black tendrils that curled around and off his body like vapors extruding from dry ice, a byproduct of his use of vtemn to augment his mesh’ka.

“Tell me, anybody,” the King snarled, “What the fuck does the Hegemony have that we want?”

The court-in-exile replied boisterously, “Unzur velten!

The King stood, “Our worlds! That’s right and what do we thi—“

The station suddenly shuddered with a horrible distortion of inertia. The lights went out before promptly being replaced by their emergency counterparts. The Boy King turned to the attendant at the console nearest him, “What the actual—“

Interrupted again by the jerk of the refuge against some unknown force, the King seethed with rage, yelling over the screams that were now cascading throughout the vessel. Reports finally starting coming into his ear through the commset, “They’re everywhere!”

“Where are we?!”

“We’re adrift somewhere not fucking charted!”

“They keep coming through the hole in space!”

The station shook again, this time harder and longer, as if it were being pummeled from every direction. Its violent jerking finally reached the point where the station’s internal artificial gravity array became too unstable and shut down, sending the passengers on board into a lurch of momentum, resulting in many broken bones. The King evaded a console in his flight but stumbled over the art-assistant’s, provoking a pained laugh from the jester. He then died because another lurch, this one whispered indistinctly and nodded from a sign on the King’s forehead, snapped his neck against the wall. While still being hurled by inertia across the deck, the Urmanian King and a few of his skilled courtiers performed tuck-and-rolls to shift their orientations to feet flying forward, bracing themselves for impact against wall, ceiling, floor, or other obstacle like a body.

After regaining their footings in a lull between shudders, they synchronously signed with both hands and mumbled in elder tongues some sort of spell that ceased the inertial lava lamp of distortion in the command deck. However, at the center of the consequential cloud of shadowy tendrils and warpy fluctuations and in the presence of a spatio-temporal perturbation that should not have been, with or without darkened shape magic, lurked other, ethereal hands in tearing motion, clawing and ripping and shredding their way through into that space not of their own, yet. The survivors of the court looked on in brief awe, but the King pulled at invisible threads tied around his body, pulling forth a suit of power armor and cuing the courtiers to do the same. The King had no intention of welcoming uninvited guests with anything less than the utmost belligerence, so upon interfacing with this armor, the interior of his visiplate lit up with firing solutions on the anomalous space within the deck. The rest of his armor, sensing his hostile intent, radiated with the golden light of glyphs gilded into its obsidian frame. A silhouette of shadow curled around the edges of the armor as the King augmented his body and armor with signings of dark magic.

By the time he was ready for battle, battle was ready for him.

The space inside the command deck roared with thunder and flooded with light as the anomalous pores in space and time from which the ethereal hands came suddenly burst open into a contiguous rift of warp energy. The rupture of the opening sent a shockwave that knocked many who had knitted themselves to the ground or elsewhere to the bulkhead off their stitching. Along the peripheries of the rift, eldritch tentacles established four dimensional grip and began spreading wider the opening to the warp. Some of these tentacles struck out at living, dead, and inanimate passers-by, pulling them into the warp or constricting them with coils of the monstrous tendrils. Seeing this, those Urmanians still “standing” pushed themselves off of what they could to rally toward the King. Something on the other side of the rift must have detected this and understood its significance because the tentacles extended further outward and loosened their grips to do so. The Boy-King signed with one hand a shaping of stitches of high-energy and directed light along the rift, fired with his other the wristol of his power armor at the tentacles that now wrapped themselves around his oncoming subjects with the other hand, and slashed with his othrehand at the small fiends that now crawled out of the rift to slaughter those in their way.

As the rift was slowly sealed by the King, some of the tentacles became severed and flailed around in the low gravity before dissipating into some highly acidic fluid that marred anything it came into contact with. These acidic fluids would burst from the severance point and found themselves like bullets digging into the deck, its consoles, armor, and flesh. However, the King’s hand remained firm in the sign. With the tentacles retreating behind the closing rift, he and his fellow Urmanians were free to focus on the rest of the incursors. An impish fiend lunged at the King, but one of the King’s guards tackled it in low gravity collision, and the two began to spin wildly in melee, blood and a black ooze trailing behind them. By the time the rift was sealed, the deck was awash in the same sort of fluid bursts and ooze trails as well as cadavers.

A fiend slashed at the king, but he parried with armor of his right arm, and then he asserted a downward striking blow with his othrehand, sending the hardlight blade crashing into horn and daimonnik skull. Lodged within, the blade then jerked down, pulled by the othrehand to the ground and smashing the face of the fiend into a puddling hole of pulp through the layers of sheeting on the deck. Nearby, a guard was impaled cross-wise by pitchforks and then split apart. A dying and disappearing tentacle strangled another to death. Acid bled its way into the hearts and minds of several others. The command deck became a floating graveyard of human demon alike as several fiends were consigned to death by shards of plasma ksvet. Another one was decapitated by the now-free-and-slashing King’s saber, and for a moment the surprised Urmanians were recapturing the initiative. They had even begun to encircle the remaining fiends into a corner near the primary entry door, shut since the beginning of the incursion.

Then the deck began to shudder again. This time, however, the shuddering was caused by an explosion that rocked the nearby compartments apart and blasted through the entry door, killing some of the fiends but many more of the guards. What few were left on the frontline, knowing their comrades could not see clearly through the shroud of macabre hanging around the compartment, gargled one last breath and requested, “There’s more! Save the king!”

The King replied, “Save yourselves! Initiate emergency quick reaction jump plan for Ordena! Hildemar be-fucking-damned! FOR URMANIA!”

“FOR URMANIA!” resounded through the comms.

The King confirmed, “Prygay!”

For a brief moment it appeared the station was fogged and filled by a violet smoke until the particles of the strange vapor seemed to stop and turn all at once and with them all of space and time itself, lurching the station much like it had been earlier but this time in a more side-forward fashion. And as soon as stomachs had begun to curl and vomit started to hurl forth, it was over. The station was on a crash course for Hildemar II’s palace on Ordena. Someone somewhere in weapons must have still been alive because as the Boy King tried to parry an attack from one of the greater fiends he heard, “Ogon’!”

The station, having failed its jump, decided instead to launch what nuclear torpedos it had. Everyone still alive on board would die in the ensuing retaliation, but the Boy-King died with a smile on his face as he was lifted up from the ground, impaled by a pitch on which prongs he now slid down into the exploding maw of a demon jaw.

Fenvaria Republic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Fenvaria Republic » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:56 pm

Arcadia, Kar Vilkuhm
Capital Complex
Imperial Palace

With the slowly rising sun across the snow capped buildings of Kar Vilkuhm, a golden light splashed across the concrete grey buildings of the city. Proving some warmth to the rather cold planet, slowly people started to walk about and engage in morning activities. Soon the wide streets of the city were alive with people, cars, buses and other vehicles. Arcadia is an old city, full of history and culture; gothic style buildings, massive cathedrals, large parks and impressive monuments dotted the streets of the city. However, in the mix of these impressive buildings and landmarks, the cold edges of tall militarist-brutalist style buildings lined the streets with massive Thalduhmian banners draped across them that fluttered in the cold and bitter wind. The city was a landmark case of a Thalduhmian city, with fortifications all around the city, as forts intertwined with the urban sprawl. Several layers of city walls bobbed and weaved throughout the city making it look like a castle of old, but upon these massive constructs sat a wide array of artillery and other defensive weapons.

To the east of the city, near the icy bay stood a massive complex of fortress-like buildings, most of which seemed to have a mix of gothic and brutalist architecture. Thalduhmian troopers in their dress greys stood guard over the major gates of the complex, with more troopers patrolling the grounds. On the gates of the complex, massive Thalduhmian banners were draped from the top of the gate, with a flag on each side of the gate. Once inside of the outer walls, there were four smaller forts with another set of walls around them, there was a massive green space between the walls. Between each of the forts stood a fenvarian block that would house people ranging from important politicians, the garrison of the capital complex, all the way down to some of the groundskeepers. Some blocks had more entertainment or food sections than others but, all of the buildings here had reinforced bunkers and underground facilities to house civilians and other personnel from invasions.

From his study, Iron Emperor Frederick smiled as the warm sun reached into his study that overlooked the expansive grounds of the Emperor wing. He took another sip from his coffee mug and sighed, today was going to be one hell of a day, one of his duties today was to speak before the Parliament. He wasn't looking forward to it, as he knew there was a strong resistance to the main invasion plan of Sror, which did cause the destruction of the fortress world there, Ratzu II. Turning around the average height, steel grey furred fenvarian walked back to his desk and placed the mug on one of the coasters that sat on the desk, as he did so there was a knock on the door.

“Come in” replied the Iron Emperor as he picked up a folder and looked it over, inside were a dozen or so papers covering what the Empire had gathered about the Welded and their take over in Sror.

With a pause the door opened and one of his aides walked in, she gave him a slight bow and then spoke. “My lord, the Parliament debate chamber is ready for you.”

“Very well, ready my car, I will be down shortly. I need to look over some documents, damn welded are making it difficult.”

The aide nodded and paused. “I wonder why the system and planetary governors turned to help the welded.”

“The Protectorate has always been a rather.....unwilling entity, they resisted Empire rule ever since the system was handed over to the Empire at the end of the 17 Years War. Since then and their rather loose protectorate status they have been barely following our tithes and taxes. They wanted to be their own independent system, but their location and their fenvarium fuel reserves are too important to let go.” started the Iron Emperor “So, for many they are resentful of the Imperial Government and its policies. Corruption is commonplace within the system as officials will over ‘misplace’ resources for Imperial taxes or pirates will raid those convoys. Pirates are bribed to only raid convoys full of goods that are heading to Thalduhmian systems, not convoys that are heading back and forth between the two planets. Unfortunately, we cannot intervene since at the end of the Sror Counter Insurgency Campaign we have a treaty with them that forbids Thalduhmian intervention unless absolutely dire. So, until recently we had no callus belli to intervene.”

“Seems like a treaty that benefited the Protectorate and not the Empire.” replied the aide with a sour tone in her voice.

“It is, but at the time the Empire was weak and still recovering from the 17 Years War, the Counter Insurgency Campaign came at the worst time for us. So, we were forced into a position, unable to enforce our demands.”

“And now?”

“Now? Now, we make Sror bend the knee to the Empire....or what is left of Sror.” replied the Iron Emperor as he flipped over another piece of paper and started to look it over.

Arcadia, Kar Vilkuhm
Capital Complex
Imperial Grand Chamber

Sitting atop the Imperial Throne, which was a highly decorative oak chair with iron arms and finishings, the Iron Emperor watched as the members of the Imperial Forum looked over the extensive documents regarding the events in Sror. Slowly, each one of the Lord Ministers reviewed each document paper by paper, even word by word. He could tell by the sheer weight in the air that their take on the events was less than ideal, even repulsive with many of the Lord Ministers having concerned looks on their faces. He too, the leader of such a nation, could not believe the sheer devastation that was taking place on the planet.

“As you can see, the situation in Sror is rather grim.” bluntly pointed out the Iron Emperor as he gripped the iron carvings on the arms of his throne. “If our intelligence is correct, most of the system is now under Welded cultist control, most of the Sror Home Guard has collapsed and joined the Enemy, those who have survived are fighting against a hurricane.”

“According to this report,” started the Lord Minister of the War Ministry, picking up a piece of paper and adjusting his monocle. “Ratzu I has already lost three fourths of its population in the last several days as Welded forces are slaughtering everyone. Some of the more loyal elements of the Sror Home Guard have stormed the nuclear silos and proceeded to nuke their own cities. Reports from the Imperial Army garrison, right before they cut communications, has also reported that they have engaged in nuclear armageddon. They also reported that contact with Ratzu II has ceased, the last message of the Ratzu II garrison being ‘Enemy at the gates, stop. No Retreat possible, stop. Engaging in Directive 5, stop. Godspeed, stop’ end quote.”

“So, what does that mean?” questioned the Lord Minister of the Public Health Ministry.

“It means that the shield of Ratzu I has fallen, the Welded now control the orbital space around Ratzu I and II. Effectively, they now have a significant foothold within our sphere of influence, from there they can launch offensives into our own space.” replied the Iron Emperor with a sigh as he tapped the end of the chair arm. “Which leaves us with only one option.”

“Invasion of the Sror system.” finished the Lord Minister of the War Ministry, “However, this invasion would be something the Empire has never seen, any sort of conventional tactics we employ would only slow us down and the material cost would be too great.” The War Minister then stood up and unrolled a massive map of the Sror system, the Iron Emperor then stood up and walked down to the map, pointing at Ratzu II.

“Normally, the Empire would prefer to take back each planet, but with the Welded threat growing at a significant rate as they take more planets and systems, we must be ruthless.” spoke the Emperor with a stern tone as he looked at the other ministers. “This significantly narrows down our options.”

“Pardon me my Grace, but I think that leaves us with only two options.” pointed out the Lord Minister of Imperial Security.

“Indeed....the first option is to use conventional methods and slowly battle our way into the system, taking Ratzu II and I by force.”

“That would sacrifice the surviving Imperial Army forces on Ratzu I” pointed out the Imperial Security Minister. “And give the Welded another planet to secure.”

“Indeed,” pointed out the War Minister with what sounded like a cold and deadpan tone as he looked at the map. “That is why the Military is recommending the second option, the so-called nuclear option. We crack Ratzu II.”

“Lord Minister of the War Ministry, you can't be serious.” started the Lord Minister of the Public Health Ministry, who had leaned forward, his ears tilting back slightly. “We are talking around 4 billion souls will be killed instantly, any sort of infrastructure on the planet would be gone forever.”

“If our intelligence is correct and the intel we have gathered from our allies is correct, there will be no survivors on the planets the Welded heretics have taken. Everyone on those planets would have been slaughtered or indoctrinated to the last man, woman, child, and newborn. They are not citizens, they aren't even alive anymore, they have become the walking undead.” replied the Lord Minister of Imperial Security, placing a folder down onto the table “At least with Ratzu I we have a fighting chance and a known survivor pocket.”

“Not to mention, Ratzu II is rather resource poor, and barely supports habitation.” commented the Lord Minister of the Industrial Development and Commerce Ministry as she adjusted her glasses. “The resource input would always be more significant than the resource again in this situation. So going down to the cold arithmetic of war, destroying Ratzu II will allow the full weight of our forces to take back Ratzu I, which is highly resource rich and has vast Fenvarium reserves.”

“Iron Emperor Frederick,” started the Lord Minister of Xeno Affairs in a concerned tone, “Once we start this, there is no going back. And this might cause some outrage with nearby nations, as we are committing genocide.”

The Iron Emperor nodded and turned to the Lord Minister “To be honest, it was not our decision from the beginning, we have been forced into this position by the enemy. It takes a strong leader to acknowledge the situation they have been placed in and make the tough decision.” Without another word, the Iron Emperor slammed the gavel. “To help with our anti welded operations and to push the menace out of our region, I am suggesting we engage in closer ties with both the Kisian League and the Concordat, both nations have been on surprisingly good terms with us since their discovery.”

“Yes, both nations are excellent fighters and warriors, we saw what the Kisians are capable of in the 15 Minute War. The Fuvs are known for their....rather creative and brutality in warfare.” pointed out the Lord Minister of Xeno Affairs. “However, I am sure not alot of nations we know will be happy that we are allying with these nations, it could cause some rather unforeseen events”

“Yes, however, they are closer than the Sol nations. Well, the Kisian League is, it would be good to have another ally in the quadrant, especially as powerful as the Kisian League.”

“Yes, but the Kisians are suffering from a Welded incursion-”

“At this point, who isn't suffering from a Welded incursion? The Kisians are putting up a damn good fight from what I heard, I think it is high time we helped them out.” pointed out the Lord Minister of the Imperial Security Ministry, “It is important that we push these heretics out of the galaxy.

“Very well, as of 0945, 11th month 7th day, of the current year; the Empire will engage in diplomatic meetings with the Concordat and Kisian League to further stop the Welded and to hopefully embrace a new age of friendship.”
Last edited by Fenvaria Republic on Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:05 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Read my factbooks!!

Fenvaria Republic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Fenvaria Republic » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:40 pm

Thalduhmian Space
Border Station 390
Lieutenant Solomonova Grusha Vladislavovna
Imperial Border Security Division (IBSD)

“No sir, you didn't fill out your 22-3-5b section, I am afraid I can't let you enter the rest of the station,” replied Lieutenant Solomonova Grusha Vladislavovna as she handed back the paperwork to the small-looking human. The human’s brown eyes flared and he slammed the paperwork on the table, looking up at the grey-furred evandari lieutenant.

“First you search my shuttle! You tear it completely apart in search of contraband that I do not carry. Then you expect me to fill out all of this paperwork for the last four hours! I have a right to enter this country!” he then slammed his fist on the table once more “So, let me in!”

Lieutenant Solomonova Grusha Vladislavovna stared down at the small human and sighed, she got up from her seat and walked over to the small-looking human. Who, at this point stood up straighter and tried to intimidate the lieutenant. “You don't have the right to enter this country, the Empire is letting you enter this country, however, you must provide the documentation we are asking for. You are a Xeno, thus we don't know what sort of Xeno objects you are bringing into our country. So, please fill out the paperwork.” replied the lieutenant in a firm but very deadpan voice, clearly explaining the situation to the human.

The human blinked for a few moments before sauntering up to the evandari and placed a finger on her upper chest, near her shoulder blade then began to repeatedly poke her shoulder in a threatening manner. “I have very important business that would be beneficial to the Empire, however, I cant enter your damn country cause of this mountain of paperwork that your nat-”

“Sir, please remove your hand.” growled lieutenant Vladislavovna

The human shook his head and gave her shoulder another poke “How about you let me through and I won't-” he was quickly cut off as the evandari lieutenant grabbed his hand and twisted it to the side, pushing him down before delivering a sharp knee to the man’s side, most likely cracking a rib. The man screeched in pain as he was subdued by the evandari lieutenant, soon dropping to the floor onto his knees with one arm pitched behind him. The evandari lieutenant raised it higher as she pulled out her cuffs and started to handcuff the human, formally taking the man into custody.

“With Imperial Border Security Guidelines 120-9-67f, you are placed under arrest for threatening and assaulting an officer of the Imperial Border Security Division after multiple peaceful attempts to inform you of filling out missing paperwork.” Lieutenant Solomonova Grusha Vladislavovna was less than pleased, she would have liked at least one day where she didn't have to take in a person cause they didn't want to fill out the paperwork that was required. She also was less than pleased that these Xenos didn't understand the importance of security when dealing with several hostile nations on your borders. Either way at some point they will learn that the Empire takes security, especially border security, with the utmost importance as any contraband they miss at the border could be harmful to the rest of the nation.

Some might call the Thalduhmians paranoid, others might praise the nation for its tight security, but it makes no difference to them. They had fought in several wars that could have easily claimed them. But, the Thalduhmians managed to bounce back and stabilize itself after it focused more on security and modernized itself.

With another sigh, the lieutenant began to drag away the human as she took him to the holding cells of the border station. But as she dragged him away, slowly the man started to recover from the stunning strikes and began screaming how this was a breach of his rights, the lieutenant lifted him up a bit and growled a bit as she spoke. “You have the right to remain silent, so please use it.”

“You will be hearing from my lawyer!” threatened the human as he stumbled, “This is against my rights!”

The evandari lieutenant snorted and shook her head, another border security officer walked up and looked at her. She simply pushed the human forward and looked to the other officer, this time it was a fenvarian. The officer looked up and then started to walk to the two, he was about to say something when the evandari lieutenant gestured to the human and handed them over. “Lock him up and order up the paperwork for his detainment. I will go start compiling the fines for refusal to fill out paperwork, threatening an officer, assaulting an officer, and attempting to bribe an officer. Once the lock-up paperwork has been written up, send it my way.....I’ll sign off on it.”

“Whoa whoa-ack” replied the human as the other border security officer clamped down on the human’s shoulder.

“Shut it.” growled the officer with a glare as he looked down at the now frail and powerless human. “Anything else?”

“Notify his company and tell them what he has done, I am sure that they will be ecstatic to hear what he tried doing. I am sure that there will be quite the welcome mat for him.”

“Understood.” replied the fenvarian officer with a nod, he then turned down to the human and started to drag them forward. “Come on, I got a nice little cell for you to wait in.”

As Lieutenant Solomonova walked away, she swore that the sobs of the human could be faintly heard from behind her. As he soon realized that he was powerless here, nothing he did could sway the border guards of the Empire, finally aware that all of his power and fame could not save him this time. For a moment, it brought a nice smile to her face, but it was soon washed away by the looming doom of paperwork that would soon follow. “Shit,” she growled as she walked over to her desk and flopped down into the chair, her fluffy chair cushioned her fall. With a sigh, she then rolled up to her desk and started to type up for the fines.

-Refusal to fill out paperwork
-Threatening an officer
-Assaulting an officer
-Attempting to bribe an officer
-Two accounts of wasting officer time
-Wasting Imperial Border Security Division resources
--Time
--Fuel
--Paper
--Ink
-Imperial Revenue Ministry fee
---Fine Total: 36,899.01

With a sigh, she signed off on the fines for a moment she was thinking about sitting back and doing nothing as she waited for the arrest paperwork. However, she was soon interrupted by the previous officer walking up to her and handed off the arresting paperwork. She nodded and signed off onto it. “Hopefully, he has the money right now to pay these fines, or else that fancy ship of his is getting impounded and sold for scrap.”

“Heh, lets hope so.”
Last edited by Fenvaria Republic on Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
Read my factbooks!!

Fenvaria Republic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Fenvaria Republic » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:01 am

Gneisenau, Kighlodur
Port Rothman
944th Line Regiment
-Enroute Ratzu, Second Wave

The city was alive with the sounds of cheer and happiness which was soon followed by the sounds of marching boots and the rumble of heavy vehicles, as a large crowd of people gathered to watch as the local 944th Line Regiment marched off to the latest warzone located on the planet of Ratzu. Large Thalduhmian banners fluttered in the wind as the regiment marched from its marshaling ground, down the main road, and on its way to the starport. Since the Rebellion at Sror, the Empire had started calling for more units to fight this Welded threat. This eventually led to the Imperial propaganda machine to churn out messages of duty and commitment to the Empire or promising feats of adventure and glory for defeating the Welded menace. Pictures of stone-faced Thalduhmian Jaegarshultze marching in formation or them bayoneting a mutated figure. The saying of “This Thalduhmn is doing his duty, are you?” soon dotted every corner side building and dominated the airwaves, followed by other depictions, urging young Thalduhmns to enlist in active duty instead of reservists or going for public service. It did not take long for the recruitment offices to flood with ecstatic recruiting officers and eager Thalduhmns wanting to serve out their mandatory service in the Armed Forces.

The 944th Line Regiment was one of these units, filled with young Thalduhmns eager for action and adventure but; to fulfill their service requirement. For many, enlistment was more than just a duty; it was a way for them to leave their families and make a claim for themselves or to; start their own lives without their parents. Others mentioned before were eager for combat to stick it to these Welded mutants and Dracoain traitors that dared threaten the Empire's stability. Now, after months of training here, these soldiers are marching off to war. Traditionally the soldiers would have worn their full combat uniform. However, for the parade: they wore their armor, fatigues, rifle, and beret. Their vehicles had also been sprayed down and cleaned for the march to the starport.

From the crowd of civilians, people waved little flags of the Empire while others threw flowers, began to sing praises, children stood wide-eyed at the sight of so many soldiers and vehicles. Several priests were standing throughout the crowd and started to bless them with the Wolf Mother's power. Meanwhile, other civilians threw cigar boxes towards the soldiers, and some of the soldiers caught them and pocketed them as they marched.

Nothing could have prepared the soldiers for this feeling of overwhelming pride. Despite their harsh training, many of the soldiers were smiling from ear to ear underneath their berets. Several of them waved back to the crowd of people, while others smiled but kept their faces forward. The soldiers had broken into their respective battalions, with their battalion colors carried by a trio of soldiers, one holding the battalion flag and the other two being the guards. But at the front of the formation stood the Regimental Standard that was carried by a single soldier with several soldiers alongside them, most of them being the Standard Guard. But one of them being the Lord Captain of the regiment, who was waving to the crowd as they passed. Behind the marching soldiers came their impressive line of vehicles, ranging from the formidable Sabertooth tank to the reliable Panther IFV and Leopard APCs, then the nimble Ocelot LTVs. Then followed up by the study Tiger truck and a wide assortment of towed artillery pieces, before finally ending with the formation's self-propelled artillery formations.

It was not long before the regiment finally made it to the docks, with a huge crowd following them, and before them stood several massive troop transport ships. Against this formidable background, there stood a podium on a raised platform. The regiment then broke into several battalion formations and navigated itself expertly to surround the stage leaving some room to navigate. Then with several commands, the formation came to halt and the soldiers stood at ease, looking up upon the podium. Soon, three soldiers moved away from the first battalion and walked up to the raised platform, climbing the steps before finally reaching the podium. Out of the three soldiers, one of them stepped forward and tapped on the microphone before introducing himself.

“Ladies and Gentlemen of the 944th Line Regiment, it is a great honor today to be with you.” started the Lord Captain. “For many, you already know me, my name is Lord Captain Korolyov, commanding officer of this fine Regiment.” He then paused as he looked upon the regiment, and then he smiled “Today, we stand upon the edge of greatness as we have been allowed to show our appreciation for the Empire as many of us are willing to lay down our lives to protect the nation that has fostered us. The Great Wolf Mother gazes down upon us and smiles with joy as she watches us prove our devotion to her, by showing our strength in any way possible.” Lord Captain Korolyov paused once more and sighed, “I will not lie to you, the enemy that we face knows no quarter, no understanding of the things we built, and no meaning aside from their pursuit to cover the galaxy in a sea of blood. We are one of the few nations to stand-to in this time of horror and fight back this menace with everything we have! Thus we are the Great Wolf Mother’s chosen few! A thin, brave line that is willing to protect the galaxy in its time of need! You will face heretics, the damned, the forgotten, the corrupted, and the demonic in this war; but you must remember where you come from and who you fight for, as that will be your vigor for fighting the abomination known as the Welded.” With another pause, the Lord Captain looked out upon his regiment and smiled widely. "So, in the name of the Empire, let us board these transport ships and bring the fight to the Welded. To bring peace to our region of space and eventually the Galaxy, may the Great Wolf Mother shine bright and bless us in our crusade against the Enemy." Once the Lord Captain ended his speech, he stepped down from the podium and headed back to the regiment. With a few commands, the first battalion started to march off towards the transport ships and their inevitable destination of Sror.
Last edited by Fenvaria Republic on Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:08 am, edited 5 times in total.
Read my factbooks!!

United World Order
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United World Order » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:16 am

Somewhere in the fringes of the Alpha Quadrant...

A large monolith stood towering over the researchers and other archiologists studying it. The structure had been discovered by them decades ago and it had taken that same amount of time to decode a long forgotten language used in the writing that was present on the monolith. It was a big step in solving a literal puzzle that is believed to be the key to opening the structure which would be a huge breakthrough in their research. Monoliths like this were also present in other locations across their home world and in other worlds across their system.

These monoliths were said to be the relics of an now extinct race of presumably xenos that likely called the system home. The research team were now in the process of solving the puzzle with help from the writings that were decoded. The lead researcher entered in the correct pattern of symbols into a slab like tablet located on the monolith and took a step back. A few moments would pass before a short hissing sound came from the monolith structure in which the ground suddenly began to vibrate intensely. The researchers watched as the monolith began to glow a bright green which highlighted the various patterns strewn over it.

Suddenly a run off of a black liquid began to pool on the ground before the researchers. This run off seemed endless as it had no effect on the monolith what so ever. The liquid then began rushing towards the researchers as it upon contact began consuming them whole. Their yells and screams were soon silenced as the substance covered them completely. The liquid then began to take a whole new shape and composition which was more metallic than what it looked like before. A entirely new being was created standing at over 7 ft tall and made entirely of metal, the entire research team had now been consumed and transformed.

It did not stop there as with the activation of said monolith now all of the monoliths across the planetary system now did the same. The substance began to produce its self from these monoliths at alarming rates. Entire communities were consumed by it and within days entire cities soon were overwhelmed by it. The outcome was all the same as all lifeforms were consumed and then transformed into new metal beings. A military response was ordered as attempts to destroy the monoliths failed due to their regenerating process. Soon enough these metal beings grew in vast numbers and procurred armaments of their own made from the same substance that created them.

It took only the equivilant of three terran weeks for the government and the entire star state that once inhabited the system to collapse. It was now all consumed and was being rapidly repurposed for the needs of these new metal beings. It was not long before a sizable fleet of vessels were made entirely of the metallic material that had consumed the original inhabitants as these vessels began to seek out other lifeforms and material to further consume.

Fenvaria Republic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Fenvaria Republic » Tue May 25, 2021 6:14 am

Launching of a demigod

Roon Husila, Arcadia Heavy Industries Orbital Shipyards
Dock 22 observation room
3 hours before the launching of the Great Wolf Mother

“Is everything set?” asked the Iron Emperor as he took the cigar out of his mouth and puffed a massive cloud of smoke into the air as he looked to the Grand Admiral of the Astro Navy, who politely nodded as he too exhaled a large cloud of smoke. It was not unusual for the Iron Emperor to smoke as it was considered to be a common occurrence within the Thalduhmian and somewhat of a traditional trend. Royal Thalduhmian cigars were some of his favorites as they seem to last longer, not to mention they had a sweet smell as they used Northern Thalduhmian tobacco, which had a sweet vanilla smell to them when treated.

“Yes, my Lord, the ship and the stage is ready for your grand appearance.” Replied the Grand Admiral, tapping some of the excess ash into the ashtray. The older gentleman turned his head and looked out the window that overlooked the dockyard, which was quite busy. Looking over the Iron Emperor could easily see the outline of several heavy cruisers, battlecruisers, and even several dreadnoughts with little escort destroyers flying between them. However, all of them were centered around a single dry dock, and in that dry dock was a massive ship, which easily dwarfed any of the others.

“Beautiful ain't she? One of the most impressive feats of Thalduhmian engineering and shipbuilding to date.” stated the Grand Admiral of the Astro Navy with a smile as he looked at the Iron Emperor.

“Indeed,” replied the Iron Emperor with a grin on his face as he looked back at the Grand Admiral, also tapping the excess ash into the tray. “I knew the Astro Navy wanted a new flagship, but I did not think you would go all out with this project. I figured that the Military Order 7987 would help you significantly, but this is insane.”

“Yes, the Military Order did help us out significantly with all sorts of things; men, material, dock space, funding, and so on. The project was expected to last for another six months but we managed to finish it four months early. Of course, we used what we had left on other ships and ship orders.”

“Tell me about the ship”

“We are calling her the “Great Wolf Mother”, a tribute to our goddess and protector, someone that has helped us keep our nation safe. I had the Grand Temple bless every piece of cermai metal that was used in her construction and there is even a shire to her as well within the ship. Some of the AI techs even gave the AI the appearance of the Great Wolf Mother, a bit over the top but it seems fitting. She is the lead ship and the only ship within the Holy Retribution class of super-dreadnought-”

“Super Dreadnought?”

“Yes, we are calling her a superdreadnought due to her larger size and she currently outclasses any of our current dreadnoughts at the moment, in both armor and armament.”

“This makes sense, and you said there was only one of them?”

“We lacked the material and time to complete a second ship. She has a length of three hundred and twenty meters, and a height of seventy-seven meters, making her the longest and tallest ship within the fleet. She is crewed by two thousand five hundred and fifty enlisted personnel with one hundred and eighty-six officers.”

“Impressive,” replied the Iron Emperor with a grin as he nodded, however, he was concerned that since it was larger in scale, it didn't mean it was better. As often larger ships could be targeted quicker because of their size and their slower speeds. “You mentioned that she would have a heavier armament, tell me more about it?”

“That is where she gets her superdreadnought status, to start; she is fitted with an Mk VIII Siege Breaker Spinal Cannon.” Surprised, Iron Emperor Frederick was about to open his mouth but the Grand Admiral held up his hand and took another drag from his cigar. After exhaling, the Admiral smiled and turned back to the ship. “Before you ask, yes it is the same one that you would find on the Steel Shield Heavy Orbital Defense Station. We were able to mount the cannon within the base of the ship, however, due to maintenance issues we had to expose most of the barrel to space.”

The Grand Admiral took another puff from his cigar before continuing about the armaments of the warship. “The ship also features several of the large cannons that you find on the ground to space weapons, and an example of this would be the four Mk 51C Triple 55.8cm guns, which would be the ship’s primary weapon aside from the spinal. The ship also features four Mk 22C Triple 22.8cm guns to act as secondaries which would be used to fight off smaller warships that are too heavy for the dual purpose guns or too small for the main guns. Speaking of dual-purpose cannons, there are twenty-four Mk 12B Dual 14.7cm Dual Purpose Autocannons to provide extra firepower to the main guns or anti-aircraft defenses which consist of sixty-six Mk VI Kinetic Flak Cannon turrets.”

“Armor?”

“More than sufficient for her size and status, her armor is thicker than regular dreadnought armor. And she has some of the most advanced shielding systems we can put on her, featuring heavier kinetic and plasma shielding. This allows her to take even more punishment than our dreadnoughts.” sighing, the Grand Admiral extinguished the cigar and smiled, “As you can see, the ship is fully equipped to deal with whatever gets thrown at it.”

"I am sure by the end of the day we will have several captains and even lord captains applying to join the super dreadnoughts’ support fleet.” Commented the Iron Emperor with a sigh as he stood up from his chair and placed on his winter jacket. The large and heavy jacket simply hung on his shoulders and the arms went limp and flapped all over. “However, the Sror Campaign and the Kisian Relief Campaign have dried up most of the qualified recruits that we have in reserve. It's the same with the Army, the officer core is not as strong as we thought, so both branches are trying to promote as many NCOs into officer positions and raise new units.”

“Yes....” sighed the Grand Admiral as he too stood up and placed on his jacket in the same manner. “Granted the officers we do have are still highly qualified on paper, yes they can operate a ship under fire and move a unit under fire. But they are still too green, they lack the combat experience of the units or captains that we have sent to both theatres. Who are veterans of the numerous border skirmishes with the Commonwealth. Iron Emperor, can I make a request?”

“You may speak.”

“I propose to increase the number of internal wargames that the Navy and Army undertake from two a year to four a year.”

“Interesting.....and your reasoning?”

“I am worried that these new units are still too green, and while they can effectively operate units or ships under fire I am worried that they will be overconfident. Which will lead to mistakes and increased casualty rates. I propose my request to help check this overconfident nature, or to give these newer officers more theoretical experience before entering the battlefield.”

“You are correct, our incoming officers and enlisted do need more exposure to combat scenarios....we are relying too much upon theory. So for now, you have my permission to add an extra wargame to your war games. We will talk later about the second one or if we need a second one. For now, we must attend the launch ceremony.” stated the Iron Emperor with a sigh and the two walked over to the door of the observation room.

“Indeed” replied the Grand Admiral with a respectful nod and he opened the door to the hallway, where two armed Jagerschultze soon on either side of the door frame. “Shall we?”

Roon Husila, Arcadia Heavy Industries Orbital Shipyards
Dock 22 launch observation room
3 hours later, starting of the launch ceremony

The room was filled with the smell of holy incense as one of the preachers started to swing the incense holder back and forth as the lead preacher opened a large book and started to recite old passages of blessings for the now passing Great Wolf Mother. The practice of blessing a warship as it launched was common within the Empire, practically every vessel within the Empire has received the same blessings of protection. But it was common for military ships to have a few extra blessings of protection and strength, but when it came to these new war machines, the preacher was reciting blessings of power and a blessing of holiness. So that the ship would inspire the hearts and minds of the Thalduhmians around it so that they could fanatically fight on within the ship’s presence. The other blessing was to ensure that the ship stays holy, as to bear the great name of their goddess was no easy feat but it was also to ensure that the temple with the ship never faltered.

Typically, these sorts of ceremonies were conducted on more traditional planetary shipyards, which made up the vast majority of Thalduhm’s shipbuilding industry. But, due to the size of the ship it made sense for the ship to be constructed in space, where materials could be easily moved. It also made the fitting of the massive spinal gun significantly easier and did not require the more advanced machinery which would be needed to lift the hull and fit the gun into place. In the end, her being constructed within the Orbital Shipyards was a cost-effective move that saved them some time and cash, but it was still going to be expensive to build ships in space. Not to mention if the orbital shipyards did expand it would put some of the planetary shipyards out of work. But more importantly, it would be easier for the enemy to capture the Empire’s shipyards. When compared to planetary shipyards as they would not be protected by the heavy planetary defenses, fortress cities, and even orbital defenses. Instead, they would be entirely reliant on the orbital defenses, which would be difficult to take back from hostile forces if they were lost. It would also be considerably more expensive to expand the orbital defense network to meet the heavy defenses that the orbital shipyards would need. Some military officers with the amount of money, material, and personnel the Empire could fund an entire new fleet.

The Grand Admiral turned towards the Iron Emperor and smiled, “What a wonderful ceremony, today is certainly a glorious day for the Empire and one for celebration.”

“Indeed,” stated the Iron Emperor with a serious tone, “However, it is the beginning of a new age for our nation, one of expansion. But, this age shall also be dark....there are going to be a significant amount of obstacles in front of us. If the Sror Reclamation Campaign has taught us anything, it is that the galaxy has secrets and we must be waiting.”

“Speaking of Sror, I assume the plan is still the same?”

“Yes, when we are sure Sror has been sufficiently secure we shall enact Military Order 8991.....”

“Understood my lord, I am afraid several nations won't like it.”

“Not our worry, the Welded Outbreaks have given us a reason to use it.”
Last edited by Fenvaria Republic on Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:48 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Read my factbooks!!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates