NATION

PASSWORD

INRO Research Center [INRO members only] [CLOSED FOR NOW]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Elvectica
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 11, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Elvectica » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:19 pm

OOC: Thanks, will post here again when the crisis is over.
.....▻ MAY HER HOLY IMPERIAL MAJESTY LIVE A THOUSAND LIVES ! ◅ .....

THE COMPLETE DOSSIERSA DEFINITIVE OVERVIEWHER HOLY IMPERIAL DIVINENESS
RP Info (TVTropes Guide to Etherea)

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:39 pm

The Director reappeared after disappearing for what seemed like hours. "Sorry about that everyone, there was a urgent matter I had to take care of."

Vendecati
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vendecati » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:13 am

Mr Jackson hated traffic jams.

He really hated traffic jams.

Unfortunately, he had to deal with a big one before he was able to get back to the INRO, making him incredibly late.

(OOC: it's been a really, really, really busy month for me.)
Excidium Society Scale: Tech 5, Arcane 0, Influence 3.
Nation info:
Libertarian far-right
Year: 1963 (but has some seventies technology)
No space program (yet)
President: Giorgio Rossi
Player info:
Moderate right, socially centrist.
Pro-Trump
Born in the new millennium
Transgender (female)

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:54 pm

Vendecati wrote:Mr Jackson hated traffic jams.

He really hated traffic jams.

Unfortunately, he had to deal with a big one before he was able to get back to the INRO, making him incredibly late.

(OOC: it's been a really, really, really busy month for me.)

The Director smiled slightly. "I see you've faced the Boulevard's traffic. How goes work on the reactor prototype? I remember you saying it would be built here."

Vendecati
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vendecati » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:10 pm

He grinned and nodded, re-adjusting his glasses. "Yes, I've just got the plans in the mail and authorization from management," he said, raising the suitcase. "I know that the division of our company I work with is especially excited, I heard that when it was approved one of our scientists just stood out in the parking lot at the end of the day, gibbering to himself for twenty minutes out of glee."
Nation info:
Libertarian far-right
No space program (yet)
Player info:
Pro-Trump
Transgender (female)

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:59 pm

Vendecati wrote:He grinned and nodded, re-adjusting his glasses. "Yes, I've just got the plans in the mail and authorization from management," he said, raising the suitcase. "I know that the division of our company I work with is especially excited, I heard that when it was approved one of our scientists just stood out in the parking lot at the end of the day, gibbering to himself for twenty minutes out of glee."

"Very good. Bruclear is eager for its part to work with your company as well. INRO has cleared the space in one of our newest chambers. Bruclear has been making progress of its own as well. We've installed solar powered backup generators at our plants in Central Province. That way if any important systems go offline, we can get them up and running quickly."

Vendecati
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vendecati » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:59 pm

Bruke wrote:
Vendecati wrote:He grinned and nodded, re-adjusting his glasses. "Yes, I've just got the plans in the mail and authorization from management," he said, raising the suitcase. "I know that the division of our company I work with is especially excited, I heard that when it was approved one of our scientists just stood out in the parking lot at the end of the day, gibbering to himself for twenty minutes out of glee."

"Very good. Bruclear is eager for its part to work with your company as well. INRO has cleared the space in one of our newest chambers. Bruclear has been making progress of its own as well. We've installed solar powered backup generators at our plants in Central Province. That way if any important systems go offline, we can get them up and running quickly."

"Alright then," he said with a look of determination, "let's get to work. We'll take care of the turbines and control systems but don't have the space to create a reactor, so if you would be so kind, we can get started immediately."
Nation info:
Libertarian far-right
No space program (yet)
Player info:
Pro-Trump
Transgender (female)

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:01 pm

Vendecati wrote:
Bruke wrote:

"Alright then," he said with a look of determination, "let's get to work. We'll take care of the turbines and control systems but don't have the space to create a reactor, so if you would be so kind, we can get started immediately."

"Very well then." He motioned to two aides, who quickly got the plans for the BFBR, codenamed Erta Ale, along with documents from Anbessa Heavy Industries on reinforced high-strength synthetic plastics.

"If there is a need for spare parts, etc., feel free to ask and we can adopt the BFBR components for your design. As for the plastics... much of our designs are built using as little steel and other metal products as possible. Our country is resource-poor, and so minerals and other materials must be imported, at great expense."
Last edited by Bruke on Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Ciencia
Attaché

Founded: Feb 18, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby New Ciencia » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:18 pm

Dr. Sandip Chaiwalla walked into the facility holding a suitcase. "Hello!" he said as a few more people followed him. One of them was wearing a suit, but the rest were wearing normal clothing. "I am Dr. Chaiwalla, head of the Ciencian Institute for Nuclear Physics! I look forwards to working with all of you!"
FOR SCIENCE!!!
Generation 13. The first time you see this copy and paste it into your own signature (and increment the number by 1).
We use NS stats and all policies, EXCEPT:
Tax Rate, Disposable Income
No Sports
For: SCIENCE!, Innovation, Transhumanism, Space Exploration
Against: Anti-Intellectualism, Luddism, Primitivism
A 13.71 civilization, according to this index.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:24 pm

New Ciencia wrote:Dr. Sandip Chaiwalla walked into the facility holding a suitcase. "Hello!" he said as a few more people followed him. One of them was wearing a suit, but the rest were wearing normal clothing. "I am Dr. Chaiwalla, head of the Ciencian Institute for Nuclear Physics! I look forwards to working with all of you!"

The Director turned and greeted the good Doctor. "Welcome sir. Tell us, what has the Institute for Nuclear Physics been working on?"

New Ciencia
Attaché

Founded: Feb 18, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby New Ciencia » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:52 pm

Dr. Chaiwalla shook the Director's hand, "Well, a bit of everything, really. We're currently looking at the miniaturization of fission reactors, and also experimenting with nuclear fusion!"
FOR SCIENCE!!!
Generation 13. The first time you see this copy and paste it into your own signature (and increment the number by 1).
We use NS stats and all policies, EXCEPT:
Tax Rate, Disposable Income
No Sports
For: SCIENCE!, Innovation, Transhumanism, Space Exploration
Against: Anti-Intellectualism, Luddism, Primitivism
A 13.71 civilization, according to this index.

Anachronolandia
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Welcome

Postby Anachronolandia » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:52 pm

Most Honorable members and delegates of INRO,

Anachronolandia has graciously been admitted to your august body on the 7th day of April in the year 2018. Currently under construction is our vast science research and educational complex, the High Academy of Unified Theory and Experimentation (dubbed by the locals Terra Haute). Among the many endeavors to be undertaken by the nations most renowned and profound thinkers are:
  • Search for extra terrestrial intelligence (SETI)
  • Agency for reliable energy (AREA)
  • Faster than light (FTL) space travel
  • Artificial intelligence
  • Geometrical mysteries including pi, phi, e and other irrational numbers
  • Application of physical theory to social sciences
  • Clandestine research into Noetic sciences, http://noetic.org/research/projects
  • Practical Thaumaturgy
  • Consciousness transformation
  • Existence and uses of both chrono- and locosynclastic infundibula

While much of our research is purely theoretical, the Institute and its related Agencies are the motive force behind Anachronolandia's plans to construct a 1 Gigawattt fusion reactor in the next decade. To that end we welcome the support and contributions from any nation who can make a substantial contribution of either financial resources, technological expertise or general fusion acumen.

The aim of this project, and the overall mandate of our organization, is the betterment of all humankind and otherwise intelligent life.

Sincerely,
The Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of the Most Serene Republic of Anachronolandia,
The Zero Vector, E.B. Wallensis
servatis ubique semper
There was something that finished Chaos

ImageImage

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:37 pm

Anachronolandia wrote:Most Honorable members and delegates of INRO,

Anachronolandia has graciously been admitted to your august body on the 7th day of April in the year 2018. Currently under construction is our vast science research and educational complex, the High Academy of Unified Theory and Experimentation (dubbed by the locals Terra Haute). Among the many endeavors to be undertaken by the nations most renowned and profound thinkers are:
  • Search for extra terrestrial intelligence (SETI)
  • Agency for reliable energy (AREA)
  • Faster than light (FTL) space travel
  • Artificial intelligence
  • Geometrical mysteries including pi, phi, e and other irrational numbers
  • Application of physical theory to social sciences
  • Clandestine research into Noetic sciences, http://noetic.org/research/projects
  • Practical Thaumaturgy
  • Consciousness transformation
  • Existence and uses of both chrono- and locosynclastic infundibula

While much of our research is purely theoretical, the Institute and its related Agencies are the motive force behind Anachronolandia's plans to construct a 1 Gigawattt fusion reactor in the next decade. To that end we welcome the support and contributions from any nation who can make a substantial contribution of either financial resources, technological expertise or general fusion acumen.

The aim of this project, and the overall mandate of our organization, is the betterment of all humankind and otherwise intelligent life.

Sincerely,
The Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of the Most Serene Republic of Anachronolandia,
The Zero Vector, E.B. Wallensis
servatis ubique semper
There was something that finished Chaos

(Image)(Image)

ንጉሳዊ ሪፐብሊክ ብሩክ

Royal Republic of Bruke

Dear Ambassador, we would be glad to send over some of our best engineers and physicists to assist in your project. Here at the INRO are only some of those bright minds.

Our own nation is keenly interested in nuclear power, as it would reduce dependence on imported synfuels.

Kaleyesus Teshale, Minister of Development

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates