NATION

PASSWORD

INRO Research Center [INRO members only] [CLOSED FOR NOW]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vendecati
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vendecati » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:48 am

"Space concerns dictate we send our FPs to your facilities."
Excidium Society Scale: Tech 5, Arcane 0, Influence 3.
Nation info:
Libertarian far-right
Year: 1963 (but has some seventies technology)
No space program (yet)
President: Giorgio Rossi
Player info:
Moderate right, socially centrist.
Pro-Trump
Born in the new millennium
Transgender (female)

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:50 am

"You got a deal, Mr. Jackson!" The Director warmly shook his hand.

Elvectica
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 11, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Elvectica » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:49 am

The CEO reads more into the research and findings through telecoms.

Representative Mrs. Ambrozy speaks up, saying,
"Sorry to interrupt, but I've gotta say, these documents show huge potential! I have never seen anything like it-- instantaneous reprocessing? And this semi-sold material seems extremely useful!
I'll be glad to provide you with our researchers and scientists at the centre! As stated in our application, we've been busy developing heavily in antimatter reactors and fusion power, so our nuclear fission research is a bit lack-luster. This'll certainly help improving public opinion on nuclear power in Elvectica as well.

Speaking of fusion reactors, our team at the Fusion Division has been wanting to show you some of their Fusion Reactor plans and research.
There are currently five reactors at our OTC Nuclear Facility in Orbis Terrarum City (Elvectica's capital) in full operation, and they each follow this (simplified) design:

Madison then frowns,
"Unfortunately, because of political restrictions imposed on us, we've been told by the Elvectica Foreign Affairs Council that we are not allowed to disclose any information regarding antimatter power reactors.
I'll be meeting with them shortly to discuss if these restrictions could be lessened, especially since we've joined the INRO."
.....▻ MAY HER HOLY IMPERIAL MAJESTY LIVE A THOUSAND LIVES ! ◅ .....

THE COMPLETE DOSSIERSA DEFINITIVE OVERVIEWHER HOLY IMPERIAL DIVINENESS
RP Info (TVTropes Guide to Etherea)

Alenburg
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Alenburg » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:45 am

Vice Director from the nuclear research and development division of Alenburg enter in the room:"Hello everyone CEOs, ministers managers and INRO director" I am here as the representative of the nuclear research and development division of my country Alenburg and as a substitute of the minister, nice to meet you" while shaking hands with everyone in the conference room then he says:" as I comment to the director of the INRO developed nuclear weapons but since this is for a non violent use of nuclear energy my division got the approval of the president of Alenburg and defense minister for giving a good use to it and put in charge of this projects currently we are in a project approaching the isotopic techniques employing radiation to evaluate the vulnerability of the water in our subterranean capital city Loirgrunzodd, vulnerability to pollution and finding the sources of the pollution for concluding i also got the approval of the president, economy minister, foreign affairs minister and defense minister for inviting members of the INRO to Alenburg"

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:44 am

"Antimatter! That's a big step up from nuclear..."

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Founded: May 14, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:59 am

INRO Research centre HQ
09:00 hours

As one taxi pulls out of a taxi rank, another pulls into the taxi rank.
"here will do sir", says the passenger as he pays the fare and picks up his brief case before exiting the taxi.

The man in question is Dr James Haughan of South Sands Nuclear, he is the new representative to the organisation and within the industry in the Aurora Confederacy he is a man with some power. With a spring in his stride he jogs up the steps to the lobby, pausing momentarily to let the doors open before entering and making a straight line for the receptionist at the desk.

"Good morning, May I introduce myself, Dr James Haughan, South Sands Nuclear, I believe someone is expecting me?" he says, placing his case on the desk.
All storefronts can be found here In my factbook
Factbook: new factbook under construction
RP'sLife in Barentsburg RP ooc
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.
Aurora Confederacy is proud to be a member of the Astyria Region

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:25 am

The receptionist smiled. "Dr. Haughan, I presume? The Director is waiting for you. Please follow me." She led him up one of the many flights of stairs to a conference room where others were waiting.
Last edited by Bruke on Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:40 am

The Director smiled. "DR. HAUGHAN! Great to see you!" He warmly shook his hand. "Hopefully the flight wasn't too stressful. Some people can't handle the sharp turns... BWAHAHAHA!"
Last edited by Bruke on Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alenburg
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Alenburg » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:28 pm

Mistery substitute man apologize and says his name:"By the way my name is Griffith Williams nice to meet you(again) what is your opinion about Alenburgian project Mr Director?"

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:39 pm

"We think the project is very interesting."

Vendecati
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vendecati » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:10 pm

Jackson looked up from the paperwork he was doing to see several new faces he didn't remember in the room. "Oh, hello," he said. "I'm sorry, I was just getting some contingent authorizations filed, and was about to send them out to mail. I don't believe I heard your names." He needed to get his hearing checked due to his old age but didn't think it had been that bad.
Nation info:
Libertarian far-right
No space program (yet)
Player info:
Pro-Trump
Transgender (female)

Elvectica
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Elvectica » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:11 am

Vendecati wrote:Jackson looked up from the paperwork he was doing to see several new faces he didn't remember in the room. "Oh, hello," he said. "I'm sorry, I was just getting some contingent authorizations filed, and was about to send them out to mail. I don't believe I heard your names." He needed to get his hearing checked due to his old age but didn't think it had been that bad.

Hearing this, Ambrozy quickly realizes she didn't even introduced themselves
"Oh dear, where are our manners. So sorry to have been so stuck up like that -- greetings! I'm Madison D. Ambrozy, representative to the Atomica Board of Directors. It's a pleasure meeting you all here. We're currently busy trying to go through some of our own loopholes with the Elvectican government at the moment, but we'd be glad to share any research and technologies anyone here would like to know more about."

Alenburg
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Alenburg » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:57 am

Vendecati wrote:Jackson looked up from the paperwork he was doing to see several new faces he didn't remember in the room. "Oh, hello," he said. "I'm sorry, I was just getting some contingent authorizations filed, and was about to send them out to mail. I don't believe I heard your names." He needed to get his hearing checked due to his old age but didn't think it had been that bad.

"Griffith Williams nice to meet you sir, vice director from the nuclear research and development division of Alenburg, i am here representing the minister"

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:28 am

Bruke wrote:The Director smiled. "DR. HAUGHAN! Great to see you!" He warmly shook his hand. "Hopefully the flight wasn't too stressful. Some people can't handle the sharp turns... BWAHAHAHA!"

Haughan smiled as he shook the directors hand, "Good to see you to sir, as for the flight, it...it was an interesting landing to say the least. flying into northern airports back home this time of year, we need skis sometimes, but Im here and have had a day to settle into my new apartment down in the centre of the city, so may I see some of your research papers?" he asks.

As Dr Haughan spoke, his tie was evident, featuring a circular logo with 6 arms, although not equally spaced out, more like how an 8-armed circle had had 2 arms removed to give 3 pairs. The out of the gap left by 2 of the missing arms, there was the company name. South Sands Nuclear, with "Magnox division" below the main logo.

The Magnox division is where most workers within South Sands nuclear come from, with the type of reactor, most built in the lat 60s through to the 70s forming the backbone of the operations at South Sands Nuclear, and thanks to it robust design and engineered safety, it is a reliable design although not the most powerful design.
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:04 pm

"What? My friend, there is no center of the city. People here either live along the Boulevard de Art in the west or out in East Dub. The only thing in the center of Dub is Television City, the Governor's Palace and a giant road in between! Anyways, a Magnox design is quite interesting. I suppose you update the design every few years or so, if only slightly. If there was one thing you could change about the design to make it more powerful, what would it be?"

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:57 pm

"What? My friend, there is no center of the city. People here either live along the Boulevard de Art in the west or out in East Dub. The only thing in the center of Dub is Television City, the Governor's Palace and a giant road in between! Anyways, a Magnox design is quite interesting. I suppose you update the design every few years or so, if only slightly. If there was one thing you could change about the design to make it more powerful, what would it be?"

"The Magnox design, cooled by carbon dioxide gas has a relatively low burn up rate compared to newer designs, partly due to the fact that the design uses natural uranium metal as opposed to an enriched uranium, therefore requiring regular refueling which can be done on-load with the unit running at full power and the Magnesium Non Oxidizing cladding used to wrap the fuel melts at higher temperatures used with enriched uranium. Our first upgrade was to bring in stainless steel cladding and use enriched uranium for the fuel, This meant we had to relocate the boilers inside the biological shield as the plant at South Sands has its gas ducts exiting the building to separate units and as enriched uranium fuel would produce more gamma shine, having the gas ducts exit the reactor hall like the South Sands plant would bring too high of a level of shine". says Dr Haughan, pulling a phone out of his pocket to pull up the schematics "you see?" he says, pointing at a photograph of Valeria Port Aurora power plant "also as Graphite oxidizes in air the use of Co2 as a coolant prevents this oxidisation of the graphite and thanks to low power density also results in a high degree of natural safety, and as the coolant is gaseous if there is a leak of coolant the air getting in as the Co2 got out would be circulated instead and that would be able to cool the core, this however has NEVER happened. Our new design we are looking at is again a thermal design but a high pressure water reactor, mainly because water is a better conductor of heat than gas so we can make the footprint smaller for the same power, and it is a natural shield of radionucleids. Yes you can stand at a fuel pool without being irradiated so long as there is sufficient water over the rods".

Valeria Port Aurora power station in summer
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:17 pm

"Very impressive!" :clap:

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:34 pm

"Let me show you something else. Just need to get past this security guard- Good afternoon to you too! And...."

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:41 pm

"Welcome to the particle accelerator! We're about three miles underground here. We use this to produce isotopes for research purposes."

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:08 pm

"Seems like the General Assembly approves of our work. That should help you all move past your regulatory problems."

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:49 pm

"Hey Ambrozy! Whadya think of this?" The Director reveals the Royal University Particle Accelerator, or RUPA for short.

Vendecati
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vendecati » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:27 pm

Alenburg wrote:

"Griffith Williams nice to meet you sir, vice director from the nuclear research and development division of Alenburg, i am here representing the minister"

"Well, hello there. I hope we can cooperate with you in the future." Jackson smiled and reached in for a handshake.

(OOC: sorry for taking a long time, I have high school finals this week)
Nation info:
Libertarian far-right
No space program (yet)
Player info:
Pro-Trump
Transgender (female)

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:47 pm

OOC: That's fine Vendicati I just finished up my finals at community college

Elvectica
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Elvectica » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:57 am

APs & OOC: Yeah, I just finished the last of my High school exams as well, phew.

Bruke wrote:"Hey Ambrozy! Whadya think of this?" The Director reveals the Royal University Particle Accelerator, or RUPA for short.

Ambrozy takes a few small steps forward, folding her hands together in front of her person,
"This is just outstanding, director! I had expected some quite advanced technology, but this just blew my expectations out of the water-- How'd you get your funding for the RUPA anyways?"

Representative Madison is clearly ill-informed of the subject matter, such as particle physics, or even nuclear power -- but she is intrigued nevertheless.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:56 pm

The Director smiled knowingly. "You want the long version or the short version? The short version is that Parliament gave us a blank check to develop our nuclear industry. I don't work for a Ministry of Science and Technology- that doesn't exist here. I work for the Development Ministry, and their job is to develop our economy and strategic industries. The Development Minister has free reign to spend its budget as they wish."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates