NATION

PASSWORD

Ein Kleines Motorrad (OOC, Always Open, All Techs)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Ein Kleines Motorrad (OOC, Always Open, All Techs)

Postby Rupudska » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:50 pm

Hello all, and welcome to my first NS RP*!

This is a fairly simple RP meant to last a long time, not as one single long RP thread, but as a series of fairly short threads, heavily inspired by the light novel series Kino's Journey. For those unfamiliar, don't worry I'm about to explain it for you too.

The premise of this RP (or chain of RPs) is simple. My nation's princess, Hanna Albrecht von Bayern, is on a motorcycle and travelling across the Standard Nationstates NS/II Roleplay Hyper-Earth, going from nation to nation for a quick bit of exploring their land, people, and cultures, never staying long enough to have too big an impact on your nation (unless you want her to, that is). Essentially it's an attempt to get to explore the points of national interaction and built worlds so often overlooked on NationStates - that is, the nation and the land as opposed to just the government doing government-y things. Tech level is largely irrelevant - even hard-MT nations will be accepted, though keep in mind my nation (and Hanna) are MT/FanT, though since she won't likely be doing anything earth-shattering in your nation it shouldn't be a big deal. Pass her magic off as a hoax if you wish or whatever. Or even dismiss it as non-canon. This is mostly an experimental thing anyway.

I plan on this being a pretty comfy series of RPs, but not without its action, intrigue, and of course the occasional bout of violence. The big cities may be safe but Hanna will spend a lot of time in the open empty spaces between them for the most part (if your nation even has such spaces, that is - nothing wrong with being a citystate). Time period is 'present day' but not really fixed to any set date, so as not to mess up anyone's timelines too much.

D ᴀ - R ᴜ ʟ ᴇ s

This may be a simple, comfy RP series I'm planning, but I won't have chaos in the mechanics. Even if you are a pure anarchy.

- I am the OP thy OP, and my Word is Law. This is the Eternal Rule One.

- Good grammar and spelling can make or break an RP. I can tolerate a few mistakes here and there, but big walls of text with grammar that wouldn't look out of place on a second grader's Facebook is, frankly, eye-searing. That's what the RP Sample is for in the app - I prefer links to past RP posts of yours (link to the exact post, preferably your first post in that thread), but if you don't have any a simple text sample in a spoiler is fine. For the purposes of this RP I'd like at least four sentences of text per post unless we enter into a bit of dialogue back-and-forthing (which is very likely), in which case whatever's necessary is fine.

- Godmodding is doubleplusungood crimethink. So is metagaming. Neither of these should be too much of a problem due to the nature of the RP, but it's best to let you know my stance on them before rather than after. Don't control my characters, I won't control yours. Common courtesy, you know?

- The general NS rules apply, Be Excellent, don't flame, don't spam, don't be a dick, please please please don't flood my TGs, etc etc

- Hanna may be a Princess but for this she's first and foremost a Traveller. Try not to start any wars or arbitrarily throw her in jail/attempt to have her executed please. Probably best to give her an overview of what sort of laws your nation has upon entering the country.

That's mostly it for Rules, though I may end up adding more depending on what transpires in these threads.

A ᴘ ᴘ ʟ ɪ ᴄ ᴀ ᴛ ɪ ᴏ ɴ

Now for the part you've probably all been reading for. You post an app for your nation. The RP Sample is, again, required. The Factbook section is optional, though advised simply because it'd help greatly with writing.

Code: Select all
[b][u]A P P L I C A T I O N:[/u][/b]

[b]Full nation name:[/b]
[b]Short nation name:[/b]
[b]Head of State:[/b]
[b]Head of Government:[/b]
[b]Government Type:[/b]
[b]Tech Level:[/b]
[b]Capital City:[/b]
[b]Largest City:[/b]

[b]Political ideology:[/b]
[b]Economic system:[/b]
[b]Currency:[/b]
[b]Currency Exchange Rate:[/b] (To NSD, use NSEconomy for this)

[b]Language (s):[/b]
[b]Population:[/b]
[b]Literacy Rate:[/b]
[b]Drives on the:[/b]
[b]Percent with Internet Access:[/b]
[b]Percent with Television Access:[/b]
[b]Percent with Telephone Access:[/b]

[b]Notable Locations in your Nation:[/b]
[b]Notable Facts about your Nation:[/b]
[b]Map:[/b] (If you don't have one/don't have an image, just give a general description of your nation's layout - climate and elevation are especially useful)

[b]Factbook:[/b]
[b]RP Sample:[/b]

-- The below section is a brief questionnaire. This is optional, but would be helpful. Fill out all that apply. --

[b]Sexual Equality:[/b]
[b]Racial Equality:[/b]
[b]Species Equality:[/b] (Only applies to Fantasy Tech nations or nations with multiple species, otherwise ignore)
[b]Alcohol Legality:[/b]
[b]Tobacco Legality:[/b]
[b]Recreational Drug Legality:[/b]
[b]Censorship of Political, Religious, or Ideological Views:[/b]
[b]Censorship on Moral Grounds:[/b] (such as censorship of nudity or violence in media)
[b]Public Nudity:[/b]
[b]Private Ownership of Bladed Weapons:[/b]
[b]Private Ownership of Firearms:[/b]
[b]Private Ownership of Automatic Weapons:[/b]
[b]Concealed or Open Carry of Firearms:[/b]
[b]Hunting:[/b]
[b]Homosexuality:[/b]

And now, because you're probably wondering, an 'app' for Princess Hanna.

Name: Her Imperial and Royal Highness Princess Hanna Maria Isabelle Albrecht von Bayern, Crown Princess of Bavaria, Princess of Prussia, Princess of Denmark and Heiress to the Holy Romagnan Empire
D.O.B. August 27, 1994
Sex/Gender: Female/Female
Orientation: Bisexual
Appearance: link. A mere 5'4". Has reading glasses which she hates using, but she hates contacts with equal measure so she has to hold reading material at arm's length.
Personality: Tomboyish and sporty, with a somewhat gung-ho attitude towards life in general. Has a rather Germanic sense of humor which mostly consists of deadpan, jokes about government, and horrible puns. Likes loud music in calm settings and fast music in active settings. Enjoys the thrill of putting one's life on the line immensely - house servants at the Imperial Palace and bodyguards alike (whom she rarely uses, preferring to trust herself to her own defense) describe her as an 'adrenaline junkie'. May or may not be compensating for her height. A rather generous person, prone to acts of kindness (often monetary but not always) at complete random. Bit of a beer snob.
Languages Spoken: German (Bavarian), German (Standardized), English, Polish, Danish, Dutch, French, Latin, Indonesian, Japanese

Likes: Hot food, warm beer, meat, flying, the outdoors, the rush of adrenaline, loud music, grand vistas, good stories, FC Bayern Munich, the wind in her hair, sour food
Dislikes: Humanity at its worst, Neuroi, religious extremism, FC Nurnberg, Real Madrid, her glasses
Fears: Death, paralysis, small spaces
Hobbies: Fencing, target shooting, motorcycle riding, offroad driving, flying
Abilities: Like most Witches in Karlsland, Hanna only really has one Ability, that is ESP - a combination of long-range detection (when focusing), telepathy, and telekinesis. She's one of the most powerful Witches in Karlsland, as to why when her mother the Empress was merely above average is unknown. Her use of Magic manifests visibly as a green glow around herself or a red glow around the targeted object of her telekinesis, and glowing Hirschgeweih antennae, so named for their resemblance to antlers, that shift from green to blue to yellow to red depending on what Hanna is currently doing with magic at the time. She is also capable of deploying Shields capable of withstanding small-to-medium arms fire and small explosives (such as grenades). Her Familiar, which is necessary for Karlslandic Witches to use magic, is a barn owl.
Skills: Hanna is above-average with a rifle and pistol (preferring the pistol), good with a knife, an expert at driving two- and four-wheeled vehicles both off and on-road, blue belt in Krav Maga
Background: By law the public is not to know the details of Hanna's early childhood (birth to the age of 6) until her ascension to the throne, however she has commented before that it was 'dreadfully boring'. The rest of her early childhood up to puberty was spent in a boarding school in Munich and looking good for press meets and other things royals did, with relatively little time to herself at that age, something she despised immensely. Though she did get to kick a would-be-kidnapper in the shins at the age of seven. Ironically, being sent to Karlsland's military training facility for Witches in Frankfurt brought her more freedom, though it wouldn't last long - one year after training she was added to a night fighter (read:interceptor) squadron, the 135th, and she and her squadron were moved to Iraq for a brief period of time before being transferred to overwatch the brief 2005 Serbian Rebellion in neighboring Ostmark. She spent the time until her next deployment taking the usual courses for royals - that is, the grueling King's Course at Heidelberg University consisting of national history, law, political theory, world history, and a STEM course of her choice - she chose zoology, the first royal to take a natural science course in a little under a century. Her next deployment, at the age of fourteen, would see her in Tanzania during the brief Tanzanian Rebellion, and she was there when the rebel leader Ben Kharzai was put down by an Imeriatan bomb through the roof of his boat. But her real test of combat, and the first time she would actually see combat, would be two years later at the age of sixteen when she was sent to the hell that was Afghakistan where at this point she was commander of her squadron. She got most of her eighteen kills here, shooting down mujahedeen planes and light bombers - the rest would come a year later in a second Serbian Rebellion. The rest of her military career has largely consisted of further deployments over Iraq and Syria, which have been comparatively quiet, and her most recent marriage to Archduchess Clara Alexandra Sophia of Austria-Hungary in May of 2017.

Primary Weapon: Walther P2K (Basically a P38 with modern materials and chambered in .357 SIG)
Secondary Weapon: Colt Python
Other Weapon(s): Motorcycle tire iron, KA-BAR knife, Gewehr 43 with black-and-white thermal scope, Woodsman's Pal multipurpose machete
Notable Equipment: Red leather jacket, grey perforated jacket, brown duster, grey denim jeans (with leather shin and knee pads), black pleather gloves, FC Bayern Munich scarf, grey 3/4 helmet with bill, rectangular lens motorcycle goggles, one-person freestanding ultralight tent, ultralight sleeping bag, Zippo lighter, collapsible military grade aviation broom, binoculars, mountaineer survival bracelet, bottle of sunblock, steel flask, 1200 mL canteen, lip balm, straight razor, unscented soap, wallet with ID and ℳ800, ammunition, Nikon D850 camera, violin, maintenance kit, three swimsuits - one bikini (gunmetal gray and red), one competition (red), one full-body one piece (black), six day's worth of change of clothing
Vehicle: Black 1967 BMW R60/2 motorcycle with 3x auxiliary fuel tanks, aftermarket suspension enhanced for rough terrain and sidecar (for additional cargo)

* = since my very very first RP way back in 2010, which doesn't count as I decanonized everything before becoming Karlsland

Last edited by Rupudska on Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Founded: May 14, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:39 pm

A P P L I C A T I O N:

Full nation name: Mercantile Federal republic of the Aurora Confederacy
Short nation name: Aurora Confederacy
Head of State: Zafferana Promura
Head of Government: Zafferana Promura
Government Type: Direct Democracy
Tech Level: Modern tech
Capital City: Lake Hai'lu'kai
Largest City: Lake Hai'lu'kai

Political ideology: Neutrality and Democratic (a bit like Sweden)
Economic system: Regulated Capitalist
Currency: Northern Dinar
Currency Exchange Rate: (To NSD, use NSEconomy for this) 1 Northern Dinar = $1.8273 (wow its gone up against the dollar since i last looked)

Language (s): English
Population: 8,768,988
Literacy Rate: 97.2%
Drives on the: Right
Percent with Internet Access: 90%
Percent with Television Access: 90%
Percent with Telephone Access: 90% (satellite phones)

Notable Locations in your Nation: Lake Hai'lu'kai itself
Notable Facts about your Nation:
Straddles the arctic circle in the north of the country
North of the island has a boiling lake that is heated by Geothermal activity
There are 2 large and very active volcanoes on the island
Electricity supply is direct current rather than alternating current
President Zafferana Promura sports a shaved head, has had her eyes tattooed blue and has 2 wives

Factbook: factbook link (its a work in progress)
RP Sample: Barentsburg (this may get a reboot - again!)

-- The below section is a brief questionnaire. This is optional, but would be helpful. Fill out all that apply. --

Sexual Equality: yes
Racial Equality: yes
Species Equality: (Only applies to Fantasy Tech nations or nations with multiple species, otherwise ignore)
Alcohol Legality: yes
Tobacco Legality: yes
Recreational Drug Legality: no
Censorship of Political, Religious, or Ideological Views: NO
Censorship on Moral Grounds: (such as censorship of nudity or violence in media) NO
Public Nudity: full nudity permitted only in designated areas - Toplessness legal for both genders in public and in private with no restrictions but not overly commonplace.
Private Ownership of Bladed Weapons: yes (must not be carried openly in public though)
Private Ownership of Firearms: yes (Bolt / Lever action long arms only - NO PISTOLS, NO self loading rifles. Scopes - LEGAL )
Private Ownership of Automatic Weapons: NO
Concealed or Open Carry of Firearms: NO
Hunting: yes (with permits) Above Peace Valley, it is preferable to have your rifle at hand as Polar Bears roam and so lethal force is sometimes needed for self defence.
Homosexuality: yes - (including marriage)
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
All storefronts can be found here In my factbook
Factbook: new factbook under construction
RP'sLife in Barentsburg RP ooc
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.
Aurora Confederacy is proud to be a member of the Astyria Region

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Infernia
Envoy

Founded: Mar 16, 2017
Libertarian Police State

Postby Infernia » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:49 pm

A P P L I C A T I O N:

Full nation name: The United Principalities of Infernia
Short nation name: Infernia, UPI
Head of State: Premier Lucifer
Head of Government: Prime Minister Johannes Lima
Government Type: Federal Absolute Monarchy
Tech Level: Ucronic, Past Tech
Capital City: Pandæmonium
Largest City: Distopolis

Political ideology: Libertarian, Monarchist, Anthropocentrist, Non-interventionist.
Economic system: Very mixed.
Currency: Obol (ꞗ)
Currency Exchange Rate: 1 Obol equals 1.18 NSD
Language (s): Latin, Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Romanian.
Population: 244.6 million
Literacy Rate: 90%
Drives on the: Left
Percent with Internet Access: ~.001%*
Percent with Television Access: 10%
Percent with Telephone Access: 40%

Notable Locations in your Nation: Nova Turra Babel, the Kit Kat Kabarett, Hotel Avaritia, the Hathor Auditorium, the Perfidia Odditorium, the Glykopolis Caffetteria, Ville d'Eau.
Notable Facts about your Nation: Magick is taboo, Germanic culture is seen as exotic, jet and helicopter technology is experimental, 'Mouvimient' terrorist group gaining footing, heavily sexualized culture, Metric Calendar.

Factbook: Wiki
RP Sample: TSaGD

Sexual Equality: Guaranteed
Racial Equality: Guaranteed
Species Equality: Not Recognized
Alcohol Legality: Age 20+
Tobacco Legality: Age 20+
Recreational Drug Legality: Age 20+
Censorship of Political, Religious, or Ideological Views: Moderate Censorship
Censorship on Moral Grounds: None
Public Nudity: Legal
Private Ownership of Bladed Weapons: Legal
Private Ownership of Firearms: Legal
Private Ownership of Automatic Weapons: Illegal
Concealed or Open Carry of Firearms: Legal
Hunting: Legal
Homosexuality: Legal

*The Infernian Intranet is very prototypical, and only used by government ministries.
Last edited by Infernia on Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:31 am, edited 5 times in total.
The United Principalities of Infernia
Overview | The President | Embassy Programme | I’m A Proud Bisexual

"We Are What We Are"

Advocatus Diaboli: Entire Nation Rejoices In The Commencement Of Pride Month  Man Who Lost Arm By Plunging It Into Lava Complacently Refuses To Describe What Lava Feels Like  The Weather: Bright

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:36 pm

Both look good, I'm guessing Hanna would be allowed to temporarily surrender her firearms upon entering the Aurora Confederation since all three fall under banned types there?
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:41 am

Technically yes, BUT as a member of a ruling royal family she would be covered under soverign immunity

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_immunity

Bolt action rifles are pretty cheap to buy anyway and almost all have scoped fitted.
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:43 am

Aurora Confederacy wrote:Technically yes, BUT as a member of a ruling royal family she would be covered under [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_immunity]Soverign Immunity[url].

Bolt action rifles are pretty cheap to buy anyway and almost all have scoped fitted.

Sounds reasonable enough. Both of you are accepted anyway.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:09 pm

A P P L I C A T I O N:

Full nation name: Kingdom of the United Turtles, Mushrooms, and Men of TurtleShroom
Short nation name: TurtleShroom
Head of State: King Maven Outtacountry, King Jesse Rod, King Gariwald Preach (all under house arrest by coup)
Head of Government: General Bubba Long II (by military coup)
Government Type: Guided illiberal theodemocratic constitutional monarchy (de jure), military junta (de facto, by coup)
Tech Level: Modern Tech (ranges fr om approx. 1960s AD to 2010s AD)
Capital City: Jonesboro
Largest City: Litlin

Political ideology: Right to far-right (de jure), authoritarian extreme right (de facto by coup)
Economic system: Illiberal lazziez-faire capitalism
Currency: Skillet, coupled by scores of private currecy
Currency Exchange Rate: 1.00 Skillets = $0.25 USD/NSD

Language (s): English (official), Japanese, Tsao, Yue (unrecognized minority languages)
Population: One billion five hundred million, approximate
Literacy Rate: >95%, near universal
Percent with Internet Access: ~19% in their homes, ~75% by access from a library
Percent with Television Access: ~33%
Percent with Telephone Access: Universal for landlines, ~30% for cell phones (in cities only)

Notable Locations in your Nation: Jonesboro (the capital), Old Reliable (largest nuclear power plant), the swamps and jungles (stunning natural beauty), Litlin (largest city)

TurtleShroom is a multi-species nation, boasting three distinct classes of sentient life. There are humans, of course (as well as an exotic subspecies of humanity, the Haiz). The other two consist of sentient turtles and sentient mushrooms.

Sentient turtles are basically your every day turtle or tortoise, except far larger an dcapable of human speech and human intelligence. They are quadrepeds and interact with objects with their mouths and necks, as well as with equipment and analog machines to assist them.

Sentient mushrooms have no organs, but they do have eyes and a mouth. The mouth is not for eating, as sentient mushrooms "eat" the way real fungi do (though they can place the garbage in their mouth to let it decompose that way). Sentient mushrooms have weak telekinesis, which they use in lieu of hands for grasping, lifting, and touching, and have about the same abilities as a normal human's limbs. Locomotion is accomplished by levitation; sentuient mushrooms float approximately three inches off the ground. They are asexual.

TurtleShroom was founded in 1796 AD by the union of two non-human Khanates and a human Missionary colony, jointly run by the supermajority Baptists and minority Orthodox.

It should be important to note that Her Grace, when entering TS, will be escourted throughout her adventure by tourism employees, per custom and tradition. Due to the Civil War and overwhelming unrest and violence in the country, she and her motorcycle will also be accompanied under armed guard.

Her Grace, for the purposes of this trip, will enjoy the same degree of privileges and immunities under the law as a foreign ambassador.

Sorcery is illegal in TurtleShroom. External psychic powers (like telekinesis, technomancy, and levitation, etc.), however, are not.

Factbook: search.php?keywords=TURTLESHROOM&t=398765&sf=msgonly
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=417442

Sexual Equality: Guarenteed equal under law in private and in public sector, exceptions made for religion and some choice professions
Racial Equality: Guarenteed equal under law and in public sector, racism between the same species is unheard of, private sector has a right to discriminate
Species Equality: Guarenteed equal under law for turtles, mushrooms, and men, denied to chimeras, primarily nekomimis
Alcohol Legality: Illegal, Prohibition*
Tobacco Legality: Illegal, but a large movement has called for its legalization*
Recreational Drug Legality: Illegal*
Censorship of Political, Religious, or Ideological Views: Prohibited, extremely narrow and extinuating exceptions are outlawed, there are no exceptions for political and ideological views except Nazis/National Socialism
Censorship on Moral Grounds: Universal
Public Nudity: Illegal
Private Ownership of Bladed Weapons: Legal and unrestricted for citizens (foreigners must declare if they are bringing weapons and receive a permit)
Private Ownership of Firearms: Legal and unrestricted for citizens (foreigners must declare if they are bringing weapons and receive a permit to enter)
Private Ownership of Automatic Weapons: Legal and unrestricted for citizens (foreigners must declare if they are bringing weapons and receive a permit)
Concealed or Open Carry of Firearms: Concealed is legal and unrestricted for citizens (foreigners must declare if they are bringing weapons and receive a permit), open carry by laymen (e.g. not cops or secruity staff, etc.), while lawful, is considered dishonorable and vain
Hunting: No license or registration is required, but permission must be obtained to hunt on private land and all hunters must honor quotas
Homosexuality: Illegal**

* = TurtleShroom's Constitution prohibits all drugs aside from caffiene and pharmaceuticals. The Prohibition, while successful, has created an abundance of organized crime, moonshine, and smuggling.

** = It's not just the gays. All sodomy (including among opposite sex couples) is illegal, buggery (non-penetration and non-sexual homosexual acts) are illegal, but in addition, all sex out of wedlock (fornication) is illegal, including heterosexual fornication. Adultery, incest, and bestiality are also illegal, the latter two being punishd by death.

{ OOC: If you are interested, it would be rather cool if we had an extended and more detailed RP. TurtleShroomers rarely see beautiful women. }
Last edited by TURTLESHROOM II on Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 701,033 fission and dropping, 7 fusion.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

Proctopeo wrote:anarcho-von habsburgism

Lillorainen wrote:"Tengri's balls, [do] boys really never grow up?!"
Nuroblav wrote:On the contrary! Seize the means of ROBOT ARMS!
News ticker (updated 4/6/2024 AD):

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:26 pm

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:A P P L I C A T I O N:

Full nation name: Kingdom of the United Turtles, Mushrooms, and Men of TurtleShroom
Short nation name: TurtleShroom
Head of State: King Maven Outtacountry, King Jesse Rod, King Gariwald Preach (all under house arrest by coup)
Head of Government: General Bubba Long II (by military coup)
Government Type: Guided illiberal theodemocratic constitutional monarchy (de jure), military junta (de facto, by coup)
Tech Level: Modern Tech (ranges fr om approx. 1960s AD to 2010s AD)
Capital City: Jonesboro
Largest City: Litlin

Political ideology: Right to far-right (de jure), authoritarian extreme right (de facto by coup)
Economic system: Illiberal lazziez-faire capitalism
Currency: Skillet, coupled by scores of private currecy
Currency Exchange Rate: 1.00 Skillets = $0.25 USD/NSD

Language (s): English (official), Japanese, Tsao, Yue (unrecognized minority languages)
Population: One billion five hundred million, approximate
Literacy Rate: >95%, near universal
Percent with Internet Access: ~19% in their homes, ~75% by access from a library
Percent with Television Access: ~33%
Percent with Telephone Access: Universal for landlines, ~30% for cell phones (in cities only)

Notable Locations in your Nation: Jonesboro (the capital), Old Reliable (largest nuclear power plant), the swamps and jungles (stunning natural beauty), Litlin (largest city)

TurtleShroom is a multi-species nation, boasting three distinct classes of sentient life. There are humans, of course (as well as an exotic subspecies of humanity, the Haiz). The other two consist of sentient turtles and sentient mushrooms.

Sentient turtles are basically your every day turtle or tortoise, except far larger an dcapable of human speech and human intelligence. They are quadrepeds and interact with objects with their mouths and necks, as well as with equipment and analog machines to assist them.

Sentient mushrooms have no organs, but they do have eyes and a mouth. The mouth is not for eating, as sentient mushrooms "eat" the way real fungi do (though they can place the garbage in their mouth to let it decompose that way). Sentient mushrooms have weak telekinesis, which they use in lieu of hands for grasping, lifting, and touching, and have about the same abilities as a normal human's limbs. Locomotion is accomplished by levitation; sentuient mushrooms float approximately three inches off the ground. They are asexual.

TurtleShroom was founded in 1796 AD by the union of two non-human Khanates and a human Missionary colony, jointly run by the supermajority Baptists and minority Orthodox.

It should be important to note that Her Grace, when entering TS, will be escourted throughout her adventure by tourism employees, per custom and tradition. Due to the Civil War and overwhelming unrest and violence in the country, she and her motorcycle will also be accompanied under armed guard.

Her Grace, for the purposes of this trip, will enjoy the same degree of privileges and immunities under the law as a foreign ambassador.

Factbook: search.php?keywords=TURTLESHROOM&t=398765&sf=msgonly
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=417442

Sexual Equality: Guarenteed equal under law in private and in public sector, exceptions made for religion and some choice professions
Racial Equality: Guarenteed equal under law and in public sector, racism between the same species is unheard of, private sector has a right to discriminate
Species Equality: Guarenteed equal under law for turtles, mushrooms, and men, denied to chimeras, primarily nekomimis
Alcohol Legality: Illegal, Prohibition*
Tobacco Legality: Illegal, but a large movement has called for its legalization*
Recreational Drug Legality: Illegal*
Censorship of Political, Religious, or Ideological Views: Prohibited, extremely narrow and extinuating exceptions are outlawed, there are no exceptions for political and ideological views except Nazis/National Socialism
Censorship on Moral Grounds: Universal
Public Nudity: Illegal
Private Ownership of Bladed Weapons: Legal and unrestricted for citizens (foreigners must declare if they are bringing weapons and receive a permit)
Private Ownership of Firearms: Legal and unrestricted for citizens (foreigners must declare if they are bringing weapons and receive a permit to enter)
Private Ownership of Automatic Weapons: Legal and unrestricted for citizens (foreigners must declare if they are bringing weapons and receive a permit)
Concealed or Open Carry of Firearms: Concealed is legal and unrestricted for citizens (foreigners must declare if they are bringing weapons and receive a permit), open carry by laymen (e.g. not cops or secruity staff, etc.), while lawful, is considered dishonorable and vain
Hunting: No license or registration is required, but permission must be obtained to hunt on private land and all hunters must honor quotas
Homosexuality: Illegal**

* = TurtleShroom's Constitution prohibits all drugs aside from caffiene and pharmaceuticals. The Prohibition, while successful, has created an abundance of organized crime, moonshine, and smuggling.

** = It's not just the gays. All sodomy (including among opposite sex couples) is illegal, buggery (non-penetration and non-sexual homosexual acts) are illegal, but in addition, all sex out of wedlock (fornication) is illegal, including heterosexual fornication. Adultery, incest, and bestiality are also illegal, the latter two being punishd by death.

{ OOC: If you are interested, it would be rather cool if we had an extended and more detailed RP. TurtleShroomers rarely see beautiful women. }

I'd be interested, yes. Should be interesting since Hanna is in a homosexual marriage/relationship herself, but her wife isn't coming on this extended escapade.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:36 pm

Rupudska wrote:I'd be interested, yes. Should be interesting since Hanna is in a homosexual marriage/relationship herself, but her wife isn't coming on this extended escapade.

{ OOC: Don't ask, don't tell. TurtleShroomers don't like people to inform them of their sex lives. If you want, though, you can make it so that you send a message to the TS criminal underground, so that your tour guides and guardsmen are... tolerant of the unsanitized excitement TS has to offer. Have you ever drank White Lightning moonshine? Have you ever met crime syndicates? Also, if you want to go on the straight and narrow (which is my preference), I hope Her Grace likes to gamble. }
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 701,033 fission and dropping, 7 fusion.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

Proctopeo wrote:anarcho-von habsburgism

Lillorainen wrote:"Tengri's balls, [do] boys really never grow up?!"
Nuroblav wrote:On the contrary! Seize the means of ROBOT ARMS!
News ticker (updated 4/6/2024 AD):

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:02 pm

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:
Rupudska wrote:I'd be interested, yes. Should be interesting since Hanna is in a homosexual marriage/relationship herself, but her wife isn't coming on this extended escapade.

{ OOC: Don't ask, don't tell. TurtleShroomers don't like people to inform them of their sex lives. If you want, though, you can make it so that you send a message to the TS criminal underground, so that your tour guides and guardsmen are... tolerant of the unsanitized excitement TS has to offer. Have you ever drank White Lightning moonshine? Have you ever met crime syndicates? Also, if you want to go on the straight and narrow (which is my preference), I hope Her Grace likes to gamble. }

This is an OOC thread, you don't need {OOC}. And I'm sure she can handle whatever moonshine Turtleshroom can produce.

And she doesn't gamble since it takes more focus for her to turn off her passive telepathy than to use active telepathy, so she finds she usually ends up cheating by the national gambling association's definition which bans any use of telepathy by players.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Darussalam
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Darussalam » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:23 am

I'm interested. Does the motorbike talk too

A P P L I C A T I O N:

Full nation name: Common Integrated General Charter-exclusive Jurisdictional Valkian Terra Nullius
Short nation name: Abode of Peace or Darussalam
Head of State: No state exists in meaningful sense of the term - the co-rulers of the Samarran Caliphate, Iskandar al-Qa'im bi-Amr Allah and Timur al-Muqtadir bi-llah enjoy widespread customary reverence as vestigial spiritual-cultural authority akin to modern-era (and feudal) emperors of Japan, except with the monarchical institution essentially functioning as a private corporation that also promotes extensive missionary activities worldwide
Head of Government: N/A
Government Type: Stateless polity administered by polycentric legal system de jure, atomistic-communitarian plutocratic "patchwork/archipelago" with crypto-authoritarian and neocameral elements de facto
Tech Level: MT/PMT, with strong FanT and Cyberpunk influences
Capital City: N/A, Samarra is the official seat of the caliphal authority although in practice the court is mobile and headquartered in a nearby Aluwwas, a smaller city and part of Samarra metropolis on the foot of Teng'syan Mountain Ranges
Largest City: Kambuja

Political ideology: Something resembling classical liberalism but not quite it - similar in shape with anarcho-capitalism and neoreaction thought in that it's individualistic, propertarian, and contractarian taken to logical extreme. The typical political unit is a millet or often anglicized as phyle: non-territorial, voluntary tribal associations usually established on shared cultural/religious values or blood relationship. Occupy the far-right and far-left strain at once.
Economic system: Radical free market.
Currency: Many competing private currencies, Northeastern Dirham is frequently used as a standard to compare them
Currency Exchange Rate: 1 dirham = $USD 1.721

Language(s): Hundreds of vernacular tongues, five languages, each from distinct language families, are widely recognized: Classical Arabic or Fusha, long extinct and now functioning largely as liturgical language for the largely-Muslim populace, Sogdian or Saka which is the lingua franca of cities in Sacaean Plains, Chanturai which is also widely spoken in the Plains, Thuraic from the Thurayyan Plains, and lastly Khvarese spoken in the cosmopolitan Khvari seaboard. Other popular languages are Southern English, Asahinan Anglish, Yue, and Aboriginal Gothic.
Population: 830 million (capped)
Literacy Rate: 96.4% (estimation)
Drives on the: Left
Percent with Internet Access: 92.1% (estimation)
Percent with Television Access: 97.9% (estimation)
Percent with Telephone Access: 94.1% (estimation)

Notable Locations in your Nation: Kambuja (Darussalam's largest megalopolis, home for ~100 million Darussalamis spreading on the Khvar seaboard), Samarra (another megalopolis, seat of the caliphate), Mavarannahr/Sogdia (oldest settlements, historical center and home for hidden Lovecraftian horrors), Dalha (Darussalam's largest desert, another home for Lovecraftian horrors), Turayya (mountain ranges and plateau, yet another home for...you get the theme)
Notable Facts about your Nation: Darussalam is known for its distinct political system, which detractors have claimed as "neofeudalism" and supporters espouse as "voluntaryism". The notion of social contract is essentially taken to logical extreme as Darussalam is ruled not by nation-states, but by diverse tribal fragmentations with non-territorial scope of sovereignty. Axiomatic to the system is the importance of choice and thus ability of exit from the contract without harm befalling one's person and property, the latter of which is perceived as extension of the person's sovereignty in question. The realm is highly urbanized, with over eighty percent of populace distributed among a dozen sprawling megalopoleis and another ten percent in the surrounding satellite cities. Most Darussalamis live in towering high-rises, sometimes acting as "sovereign enclaves" for the phyles. The population distribution is incredibly uneven - the population outside the highly packed megalopoleis is very sparse. Abandoned or almost-abandoned villages abound.

Islam is the largest religion at ~73% of the populace, although Darussalami Islam has diverged quite considerably from other forms of Islam observed in various other polities. The largest "denomination" is the Islahi or Reformist sect, established in 16th-17th Century, consisting of a diverse variation of congregations, schools, and orders, from liberals to fundamentalists - roughly similar to modern-day Protestantism. Other faiths include Manichaeism, Christianity, as well as various forms of Folk Islam observed by the populace.

Factbook: Definitely incomplete and might not fully pertain to the present canon
RP Sample: There you go

Sexual Equality: Not state-enforced, though widely regarded to be default tradition as with most other Valkian polities. Incidences of sexism similar to real-life First World exists.
Racial Equality: Not state-enforced, and Darussalamis might come off as both casually racist and yet hospitably cosmopolitan due to their bizarre values. Institutional racism is nonexistent, except if one perceives rampant eugenic tendency in the society as one.
Species Equality: Recognized, see above. All-kind is equally worthy before God - and before every one.
Alcohol Legality: Legal and unrestricted except by regulations determined by private institutions in their property.
Tobacco Legality: Legal and unrestricted except by regulations determined by private institutions in their property.
Recreational Drug Legality: Legal, limited only by regulations determined by private institutions in their property.
Censorship of Political, Religious, or Ideological Views: Nonexistent, limited only by regulations determined by private institutions in their property.
Censorship on Moral Grounds: Nonexistent, limited only by regulations determined by private institutions in their property.
Public Nudity: Legal, limited only by regulations determined by private institutions in their property.area. In most areas public nudity is frowned upon and clothing, modest or immodest, is required to be observed.
Private Ownership of Bladed Weapons: Legal, limited only by regulations determined by private institutions in their property.
Private Ownership of Firearms: Legal, limited only by regulations determined by private institutions in their property.
Private Ownership of Automatic Weapons: Legal, limited only by regulations determined by private institutions in their property.
Concealed or Open Carry of Firearms: Legal, limited only by regulations determined by private institutions in their property.
Hunting: Legal, limited only by regulations determined by private institutions in their property.
Homosexuality: Legal, Legal, limited only by regulations determined by private institutions in their property. Social view ranging from ambivalent to acceptable.
The Eternal Phantasmagoria
Nation Maintenance
A Lovecraftian (post?-)cyberpunk Galt's Gulch with Arabian Nights aesthetics, posthumanist cults, and occult artificial intellects.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:54 am

Darussalam wrote:Does the motorbike talk too

Only to good little boys and girls. Accepted anyway.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:43 am

I'd be interested, yes. Should be interesting since Hanna is in a homosexual marriage/relationship herself, but her wife isn't coming on this extended escapade.
however it would be of note that a royal would have soverign immunity, and to arrest her for a crime would cause one big diplomatic spat at best and probably armed conflict at worst.

http://jjmccullough.com/charts_rest_gay ... eaders.php

The princess's weapons do not comply with the Auroran gun laws, however soverign immunity would protect her from prosecution under federal gun statute laws.

incidentally, i forgot to mention. although 90% of my population has internet, it is on the whole mobile 4g and 5g internet. the CB radio is a major means of communication outside city areas unless you have a satellite phone. standard cell phone reception is patchy outside the cities. TV is provided by satellite broadcasts
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:15 pm

Aurora Confederacy wrote:
however it would be of note that a royal would have soverign immunity, and to arrest her for a crime would cause one big diplomatic spat at best and probably armed conflict at worst.

http://jjmccullough.com/charts_rest_gay ... eaders.php

The princess's weapons do not comply with the Auroran gun laws, however soverign immunity would protect her from prosecution under federal gun statute laws.

incidentally, i forgot to mention. although 90% of my population has internet, it is on the whole mobile 4g and 5g internet. the CB radio is a major means of communication outside city areas unless you have a satellite phone. standard cell phone reception is patchy outside the cities. TV is provided by satellite broadcasts

That's fine.

First thread will be up probably Wednesday, debating whether I should do first-come first-serve or select at random.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:33 pm

random i think

Shwe Tu Colony
Senator

Founded: Sep 27, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Shwe Tu Colony » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:54 pm

A P P L I C A T I O N:

Full nation name: The Demon Empire's Colony of Parfuhmerie
Short nation name: Parfuhmerie
Head of State: Fra'ju Ka'ra'ta
Head of Government: Sekka Verndara (actually Head of Economics, but has simply puppeted the entire government to bend to his will; at least he's benevolent)
Government Type: Meritocracy, but the citizens plus other officials can vote to remove officials they dislike.
Tech Level: Fantasy Tech
Capital City: Parfuhmerie (regional), unknown for the Demon Empire
Largest City: Parfuhmerie

Political ideology: Centrism
Economic system: Capitalism
Currency: Desyllians
Currency Exchange Rate: 0.5770 of a Desyllian to 1 NSD (roleplay exchange rate is 1 Desyllian to 1.5 NSD)

Language (s): Demonish, minor amounts of Skopos/Atlantean, businesspeople/travelers may speak a variety of other languages
Population: 10 million
Literacy Rate: 100% due to Psytrine influence
Drives on the: Cars don't exist, but carriages often go on the right side
Percent with Internet Access: The internet does not exist, but wifi somehow does, except during Thryllasian Hurricanes.
Percent with Television Access: Television does not exist.
Percent with Telephone Access: The equivalent of telephones (communication crystals) is said to be close to 100%

Notable Locations in your Nation:
In Parfuhmerie:
Multiversal Me'kal Si'vo (massive underground area that is connected to most multiverses & receives enormous amounts of traffics from these multiversal tourists, who visit the market square for the many goods present)
Verndara Manor (Sekka's home)
Varepohlu (the poisoned river that wraps around the great tree of Parfuhmerie; falling in it may result in a terrible death)
Parfuhmerian Harbor (regional trade center, perhaps even one of the world's; has many ships going in & out of it on a daily basis)
Cuh'ti Qut (a quarry for a unique variant of granite)

In Shwe Tu Colony:
Na'qrada Sivo (New Colony Square, the four trees where the first inhabitants lived)
Bosh'vik Resorts (coastal hotels and casinos)
Shwe Tu Salt Marshes (diverse ecosystem, world's best crabs)
Great Hall (Almi's residence)
Parfuhmerie is well-known for its poison development.
In Parfuhmerie & Shwe Tu Colony, it is estimated that 94% of everyone in the cities has a knife on hand.
At around 1 AM each week, the underground city is inundated by a shallow, but fast-moving, river of low-viscosity poison (which is reclaimed for further usage) to purge it of hazardous waste. As Parfuhmerians are immune to most types of poison, this cleansing does not affect them & foreigners are warned of these cleanings, which usually occur when nobody should really be out. Should anyone not immune to poison be caught in the flood, they will immediately be hit with a powerful paralysis, intense pain, & breathing will become near impossible due to the swelling of the throat. A different sort of poison also fills the cracks of Parfuhmerie's streets to ensure some cleanliness.
Some 10K Parfuhmerians work as assassins, but they need the equivalent of a letter of marque from a majority vote in the government before they can assassinate anyone important. Additionally, all assassins are outfitted with tracking crystals in order to ensure they are not plotting to murder someone when they are not supposed to. These assassins also work as the police of Parfuhmerie & Shwe Tu Colony, & with their exceptional stealth skills, crime is also low in the city as criminals live in fear of an assassin always being in the area. As such, it is generally safe to assume an assassin is probably unseen in the area.
All Parfuhmerians receive some combat training.
Most modern-tech machinery does not function, although if she rides her motorcycle in, it will be assumed a Psytrine blessed it to make it work.
Parfuhmerie is probably in some other universe & will need a portal to get there. If you still want everything to be in one place, Parfuhmerie will be in some far-off corner of the world or some distant planet elsewhere.

Factbook: This is the most useful.
RP Sample:
Present-Day Somewhere
Wrapping her large scarf around her, Alexandra exited her small home in the suburbs of her city, placing another veil over her head & checking for her backsword in the scabbard at her side. Walking with a brisk pace, she was careful not to look at anyone, & to keep her head bowed down to avoid meeting their gaze. As she walked, she could hear the murmurs of disdain & hatred from her fellow citizens: they thought that the Fey of her name was an indication that she was descended from the infamous Morgan le Fay.

While her last name was truthfully completely unrelated to the witch, most others thought that it was, & hated her for how her supposed ancestor had helped Mordred. It was this hatred that caused her once prominent noble family to be removed from their fief by a horde of angry peasants & their former knights, who did not wish to be ruled over by a family that could be related to the dastardly witch that had opposed the wonderful Arthur.

Ejected into the harsh Medieval world, the Feys were also cursed for some strange reason: should they attempt to change their family name, the changer would die off in their sleep. As such, they were forced to venture far & wide for anyone to marry & have children with, to continue their legacy. Slowly, though, they were forced to search farther & farther for someone who had not heard the tale of King Arthur. Now, Alexandra found herself as perhaps the endling of her family — she had ventured far & wide, settling temporarily, & finding any chance of a relation would be cut off when someone discovered her full name of Alexandra Fey.

Having realized this, Alexandra lived life like she was running out of time, working diligently so that she might at least clear her family's name just a little bit before her death. With nobody wanting to associate with her (aside from those on the Internet, who she withheld her true name from with great effort), Alexandra had plenty of time for work & the occasional scene of relaxation, which usually meant sleeping out of exhaustion. Whenever she still had energy, she would draw sketches of clothing or practice her swordplay.

As for what her choice of work even was, she was a speechwriter for a group of desperate, more meritocratically-focused politicians, who truly did not care about her name, even if she was truly using her purported witchly powers. All that mattered to them was a successful speech, even if there was a chance that they could get caught & their reputation irreparably ruined. Thankfully, they put extra effort in ensuring that no prying eyes could discover Alexandra writing behind the scenes.

To get to her workplace, Alexandria took a short subway ride through the city, receiving her usual glares of hatred from the people in the area & also a wide berth, the latter of which she found to be certainly useful. After all, she needed some time to think about what poetic methods she could use to enhance her speeches, & conversation was not helpful in thinking about this. Even so, she was rather poor in conversations, usually failing to pick up cues, misunderstanding whoever she spoke to, or saying something incorrectly.

After a few minutes of riding the subway, Alexandria finally arrived in the general area of her workplace: a lovely site of hills that overlooked the city where she lived, mansions in the perfect positions to take advantage of these wonderful views. Quickly, she slipped into a set of hedges that her physically closest employer to the subway station had placed specifically for her, so that she may enter unnoticed into his particular area. However, the bushes also let her access the rest of her employers through a series of passages between the undergrowth of the region.

While the opponent politicians could cut down these routes or even kidnap Alexandria so that she would only be able to serve them, there was also a minor fear that what they said about her witchly powers was true, & that what awaited them from her anger could be an undesirable fate. Her sword was always on her as well, so for others they would fear her skill with her weapon too, for angering her could instead result in being eviscerated from Alexandria's anger at them for endangering her.

Due to these factors (& having been rumored to have done so in a previous city, although nobody could find any definite clues), the politicians generally did not tamper with her natural passageways, simply sitting with mild anger at the idea that she was helping their opponents. It would be best not to risk losing her support & speechwriting expertise.

Eventually, Alexandria reached her client of the day, the first person who had discovered her abilities as a speechwriter when she posted a speech for a fictional character online, which drew her much acclaim from the site's community & second place in the annual competition for best stories (the speech was enough to convince the judges, but they thought the rest of it could be better). Said client was a sage old man jokingly claimed to be the descendant of Confucius, although he certainly shared some of his purported ancestor's religion's core values: emphasis on education, respect, & believing that a meritocracy was the best form of government.

Of the last part, he was extremely devout to the idea & was subtly pushing for the acceptance of Alexandria; someday, he hoped, she could one day be placed on stage with him & not jeered at, but cheered & adored by all.

It was for this fact that the writer tried especially hard with his speeches, so that his dream could one day be realized. For now, though, she was a pariah — a pariah currently struggling to get over the short hedge that surrounded her client's backyard. While she usually got over the barrier without any issues, this time her scarf seemed to have gotten caught on something in the bushes, something that seemed to be pulling her in. She was barely holding herself up from getting dragged into the hedge at a high speed.

"Lady!" came a somewhat high-pitched but still distinctly boyish voice from nearby, "Something the matter?" Pulling her head up a bit more, she noticed that it was her client's grandson, of whom was rather short, & as such, she could only see the top of his blonde hair. "Something seems to be pulling me in!" came Alexandria's reply, placing her arm over the hedge so that he could grab it. In a single motion, he immediately pulled her over, gently enough as to not injure her when she landed but hard enough to let her escape from whatever had kept her in the hedge.

"Thanks," came Alexandria's simple reply, "Luca, I-I have to see your grandfather, I assume he's in your house?"
"Of course, lady!" came Luca's rather excited reply (so it seems, that was his name, since Alexandria called him that), a small jump accompanying it, "Conway never leaves nowadays." To anyone unfamiliar with Alexandria's client's family, they would think that he was a child of seven or nine years, but he was truthfully about thirteen — he was simply a little ways vertically challenged, & kept a surprisingly high-pitched voice that gained him a role as a talented counter tenor in his school's chorus.

Generally, most found him to be adorable, with his shortness meaning that Alexandria could use him as an arm rest if the two were standing side by side, him being some 148 centimeters (4'10") & Alexandria 189 centimeters (6'2"). Increasing this perceived cuteness was his overwhelming positivity, which many had remarked made it impossible to dare be angry or sad near him, & his signature Renaissance-era jacket/cloak garment, which was purportedly a souvenir of some sort of forgotten, yet influential, politician.

While he may have seemed incapable of harming anyone, he had — in one prominent incident of defensive fury for his friends — became widely feared when he "accidentally" threw his halberd near a bully's head, gazing sternly at his victim, who promptly leapt to his feet & fled. Thankfully, nobody reported the incident, or perhaps fear was stopping them. After all, Luca had proven that he could scale the sides of a house's wall.

Previously, he was jokingly used as an armrest by most others taller than him, but after that incident, nobody dared to take the risk, with the exception of Alexandria & his closest associates.

"So he-he'll be in the usual drafting room then, I assume?" questioned Alexandria, beginning to slowly walk towards the entrance of the house.
"He woke up whinin' about some sort of headache, he was still in his bedroom last I saw," replied Luca, rushing into the house past Alexandria.
"A-alright then," responded Alexandria, who then sauntered off to her client's bedroom while Luca went the other direction, towards the kitchen.

After a brief period of walking, Alexandra opened the door to her client's bedroom, the old man sitting up in his bed, eyes closed as though meditating & his rather long beard reaching his blankets. "Before ye say anything, I already too' the aspirin & this is no' an aneurysm," he said, placing his hand on his mostly decorate walking stick before then exiting his bed; while old, his body was still fairly strong, although his mind was clearly the superior, for his long life gave him much wisdom & knowledge.

"Ah, g-good," Alexandria stammered out before taking out, "Now then, sh-shall we start with your next speech?"
"O' course!" he replied, gesturing towards the desk in his bedroom, "I got a quick draft starte' las' night for the las' speech before election day tomorrow. & I know I tell ya this often, bu' still, thank ya fer yer work. I don't know where I woul' be withou' ya." In response, Alexandria merely nodded.

Present-Day Somewhere's Library, 9PM of the Same Day
Having finished her work up, Alexandria took the subway station back to her home before continuing to walk to the public library placed that was between the station & her house. Usually, she would enter the library to see if there were any books that would catch her eye before she went back. Currently, she was trying to read a copy of À La Recherche du Temps Perdu, the book having arrived only recently & under rather strange conditions.

According to the nighttime librarian — a gentle, motherly woman named Himari Couture who was also a well-known tutor of English & always identifiable by her green kimono — she was leaving the building when Luca came up to her, handing her the book & saying that "some weird guy in monk's robes was walking next to me with a pile of books. He dropped this weird French book but when I turned around to give it back, he was gone. I tried to look through it to see if there was anything with his information in it, but the only thing I could read said I should plop it into the library. So that's why I'm here." The following day, Alexandria came by & the book immediately caught her attention, as though it was calling her to it.

At the current time, Alexandria was nearly done with the book: it was but a few more pages, & it was only because of the library closing for the day that she couldn't complete the book yesterday. Interestingly, she always had dreams after she went home to sleep, dreams that were taking place in the medieval era that were suspiciously similar to what supposedly happened to her family at the time. However, she dismissed these occurrences as coincidences & continued reading À La Recherche not to potentially discover her family's history but more because she was drawn to the book.

Also at the current moment, Luca was in the library at a time far past that which he should be out. While he was talented with his halberd — a weapon taller than him & really mostly just for aesthetics (although he could certainly be judge, jury, & executioner with it if he so chose to) — he was probably no match for an ambush. Thankfully, he did have some minor magical training that would probably be enough to detect anyone nearby; still, all a warning might do for a mob would give him a few seconds head start, or it may well be an illusion that would lead him into another trap.

"L-Luca!" Alexandria called out, causing the boy to lift his head from the book he had been reading from (The Little Prince), "What are you doing here so late...? I-it's nine o'clock, you know."
"It is?" replied Luca in genuine surprise, slightly hopping out of his seat, "I thought it was six when I came here." He then turned to Himari, who was at the front desk &
who had been observing the conversation between the two. "Have I really been here for three hours? Only felt like one hour."

"You have indeed been here since six o'clock," she replied in a gentle, light voice that would soothe the nerves of any listener, "How you made The Little Prince last three hours is what I'm wondering. I suppose we should be the ones in search of lost time now, no?"

After saying this, she would then place one of her matcha green tea cookies that was near her mouth onto a plate when she abruptly paused & nervously glanced at the copy of À La Recherche du Temps Perdu that Alexandria had her store at the side of the library's front desk (Luca, Alexandria, & Himari were all good friends of one another). "Trying t-to reenact the madeleine scene?" teased Alexandria, her right hand on the hilt of her backsword, "Or was something on the book?"

"I don't know what came over me," Himari said as she set down the matcha green tea cookie onto the plate, "I just saw it & for some reason I was reminded of my visit to a chateau in France & how I ate one of these cookies with a good friend of mine. What was her name?" She paused & attempted to recall her memories before Luca told her. "Madame Morgan, Himari!" he said in his usual optimistic tone, "That Ice Witch, as you described her!"

"She was very much a witch, I'll say that much," the librarian replied, lightly chuckling & taking a sip from a cup of tea next to her, "Some poor servant tried to interrupt my time with her & she froze the poor fellow solid, although he thankfully got better. Anyways, shouldn't you get going, Luca? It's nine P.M., & your grandfather will be waiting for you." Nodding his head, Luca got up from his seat, took his halberd, gave The Little Prince to Himari, & ran outside, whereupon he got on his bike & left for home.

"N-now then," began Alexandria, moving towards the front desk, "Could I have À La Recherche now? I only have a few pages to finish up by now. I would've been able to finish it yesterday had you not closed the library for the day." Complying, Himari gave Alexandria the book, the latter of which promptly flipped it open to the page where she left off at yesterday — the last three pages before the book's last page. Procuring an English muffin with a sausage out of a lunchbox she apparently had, Alexandria began to eat that while reading the final parts of her book.

On the last page, the words seemed to begin to move.

Abruptly, the sound of rushing gales flew throughout the library, scattering books from their shelves & whipping about the hair of the two ladies in the library, drawing shrieks from them. Moments after, Luca came back in, panting heavily as though he had rode his bike back at great speeds to check on the two still in the library. "Alexandria!" he called out, although the wind drowned it out, "The book!" However, Alexandria, unable to hear him & being only able to fill the rushing gales, was unaware of À La Recherche du Temps Perdu glowing & wind rushing into it, slowly pulling her into it.

Moments later, the gusts whipping about the library seemed to pull Alexandria into the French book, & all at once, the gales would halt, leaving a massive mess of books on the floor.

Merlin's Wizard Tower, Magic Mirror
With a blinding light, Alexandria would comically pop out of Merlin's Magic Mirror, letting out a brief scream before she landed on a conveniently-placed stack of books that cushioned her floor. In addition to herself, a strong gale would also blow out from the mirror, having carried itself over from the book taking her in, this gust likely being enough to blow books around. After a few moments, Alexandria would get up, dust herself off, take out her backsword, & summon a brilliant white light into her left hand.

"Do any of you have any idea what just happened?!" she incredulously & straightforwardly questioned, adopting a slightly wary stance towards the two others in the room, "Who are you, where am I, when is this, why am I here, & why should I trust you? Oh, & is this transportation two-way?"

Sexual Equality: Yes.
Racial Equality: Yes.
Species Equality: Yes, but the poison may be a danger.
Alcohol Legality: Tis legal.
Tobacco Legality: Tis legal.
Recreational Drug Legality: Most are legal.
Censorship of Political, Religious, or Ideological Views: No.
Censorship on Moral Grounds: No, primarily due to the slightly lower morals of demons.
Public Nudity: Yes.
Private Ownership of Bladed Weapons: Of course.
Private Ownership of Firearms: Yes.
Private Ownership of Automatic Weapons:
Concealed or Open Carry of Firearms: Open carry, although the expertise of some assassins may well make concealed carry obsolete.
Hunting: Needs a permit & you can't hunt too much prey.
Homosexuality: Perfectly fine.
Murder: Assassins can't murder Parfuhmerians unless a lot of people agree to let them die. However, they can murder other nations' peoples if granted the equivalent of a letter of marque, although this is only likely to happen if relationships are already bad.
Last edited by Shwe Tu Colony on Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Cherissime amis! Behold, Shwe Tu Colony/World Machine/WoMac, the paracosm of a spoiled brat, taking everything, sparing nothing, mingling the childhood incroyable with the angst of a young man.
Current status: university rules are just a suggestion
"The summer grass is getting in the way"
Extension

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:12 pm

Accepted, of course.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:53 pm

1 = Aurora Confederacy
2 = Infernia
3 = Turtleshroom
4 = Darussalam
5 = Shwe Tu Colony

O GREAT DICE ROLLER, WHAT SAY YE?

Dice roller say 3.

Episode I will be Turtleshroom. Applications will remain open until we get 10 people in the waitlist, and will open up whenever it drops below 10.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:48 pm

Turtleshroom has indicated they are busy, so Ep 2 will come much earlier than expected, possibly as early as tomorrow.

1 = Aurora Confederacy
2 = Infernia
3 = Darussalam
4 = Shwe Tu Colony

OH MIGHTY DICE ROLLER WHAT SAY YE?

Dice roller say 2.

Infernia, you're next.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Darussalam
Minister

Anarchy

Postby Darussalam » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:17 pm

Darussalam is in the same region as TS and located basically adjacent to it, so while I don't mind having a later OOC turn, perhaps we should set the IC chronology for visit in Darussalam as right just after/before visit to TS? Assuming it's relevant, anyway.
Last edited by Darussalam on Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nation Maintenance
A Lovecraftian (post?-)cyberpunk Galt's Gulch with Arabian Nights aesthetics, posthumanist cults, and occult artificial intellects.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:27 pm

Darussalam wrote:Darussalam is in the same region as TS and located basically adjacent to it, so while I don't mind having a later OOC turn, perhaps we should set the IC chronology for visit in Darussalam as right just after/before visit to TS? Assuming it's relevant, anyway.

It's not really relevant, but if Infernia doesn't mind you can be next, and if he does you can be after Infernia.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Infernia
Envoy

Founded: Mar 16, 2017
Libertarian Police State

Postby Infernia » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:31 pm

Rupudska wrote:
Darussalam wrote:Darussalam is in the same region as TS and located basically adjacent to it, so while I don't mind having a later OOC turn, perhaps we should set the IC chronology for visit in Darussalam as right just after/before visit to TS? Assuming it's relevant, anyway.

It's not really relevant, but if Infernia doesn't mind you can be next, and if he does you can be after Infernia.

I'm quite alright with going third.
The neighboring-nation thing does fit better with travel.
Last edited by Infernia on Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The United Principalities of Infernia
Overview | The President | Embassy Programme | I’m A Proud Bisexual

"We Are What We Are"

Advocatus Diaboli: Entire Nation Rejoices In The Commencement Of Pride Month  Man Who Lost Arm By Plunging It Into Lava Complacently Refuses To Describe What Lava Feels Like  The Weather: Bright

Darussalam
Minister

Anarchy

Postby Darussalam » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:41 am

As I said, I'm fine with being whenever - I was primarily enquiring about IC chronological order if that's relevant, which shouldn't necessarily correlate with OOC order. That said, I'm okay with either way!
Last edited by Darussalam on Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nation Maintenance

Milaris
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Milaris » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:50 pm

A P P L I C A T I O N:

Full nation name: the free matriarchy of Milaris
Short nation name: Milaris
Head of State: Queen Valeria I
Head of Government: Lord Sebastian Zapatero
Government Type: Strong monarchy with small democratic elements
Tech Level: Modern Tech, Past Modern Tech
Capital City: Milaria
Largest City: Milaria

Political ideology: Liberal Nationalists
Currency: the Mila
Currency Exchange Rate: (To NSD, use NSEconomy for this) 1 Mila = $1.6454

Language (s): English, Spanish, a dozen native language
Population: ~ 47 Million Citizens
Literacy Rate: 85 %
Drives on the: right side
Percent with Internet Access: 75 %
Percent with Television Access: 95 %
Percent with Telephone Access: 95 %

Notable Locations in your Nation: Natural Sides: The great waterfall (one of the largest within the region), the Milarian Canal, the great untamed jungle (only under supervision)
Cities to visit: Milaria, the hearth of the country political, economic and culture wise. Santa Isabella, giant harbour city and probably the most multicultural one within Milaris, Silberberg, the oldest city that can tell a lot about the history of the nation.
Festivals to visit: the Milarian Carnival (in February each year), the throne day (coronation day of the Queen, one of the two national holidays), the independence day (celebrating the independence of the former colony)
- there are some racial rivalries between natives, meetings and settlers
- while most of the nation is quite modern there are still large areas of the country not connected to the internet, many of this areas are dominated by the natives.
- in 200 years of independence, there were 7 different governments ranging from communists to fascist dictatorships, the matriarchy was established around 20 years ago
- one of the few up does date industries is the energy sector with a huge focus on renewable energy.
Factbook: outdated after joining a new region, still the most accurate I have right now
RP Sample: from Milaris
The Milarian Paper 3/27/2033
In a recent and unexpected move our beloved Queen has issued the following decree and message:
" My beloved people, people of Latinovia and Nations of the World.
It saddens me to hear about the death and destruction coming to the Country of Latinovia. It hurt my hearth after I heard about all the grief and the sorrow.
Therefore it is my decision that I answered the cry for help. For now and until a time where aid is not required anymore all ships bearing only civilian goods for ports under the authority of Milaris will be not taxed for passing through the Milarian Canal (ooc: Known as the Panama Canal), furthermore all other ships heading from a Latinovian Harbor or from a Latinovian Colony will get a discount of 50 % for all taxes.
This decision is not taken as any form of allegiance but as an act of kindness because it is the kindness that keeps us together.
Hail Milaris !"
It is expected that this will be a new chapter for the trade relations between Latinovia and Milaris and could spike a new boom into our domestic economy.
We will update this article as soon as we collect reactions from all over the world.
Marina Campeche for MP-Online

-- The below section is a brief questionnaire. This is optional but would be helpful. Fill out all that apply. --

Sexual Equality: approved and legalized since 20 years
Racial Equality: approved and legalized on the paper, in fact, there are some tensions and sometimes even violence however the state has no doings in this and violators of the law will be punished regardless of race
Species Equality: (Only applies to Fantasy Tech nations or nations with multiple species, otherwise ignore)
Alcohol Legality: approved
Tobacco Legality: approved
Recreational Drug Legality: approved but frowned upon in conservative circles
Censorship of Political, Religious, or Ideological Views: illegal unless it's threatening the state directly, otherwise there is no governmental censorship
Censorship on Moral Grounds: (such as censorship of nudity or violence in media) only in cases to save the youth, no complete censorship of anything. PG 16+ entertainment after 10 pm only.
Public Nudity: approved but frowned upon
Private Ownership of Bladed Weapons: with license approved
Private Ownership of Firearms: with license approved
Private Ownership of Automatic Weapons: illegal, automatic weapons are for military purposes only.
Concealed or Open Carry of Firearms: with license approved
Hunting: with license approved
Homosexuality: approved and legalized since 15 years

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:03 pm

Milaris wrote:A P P L I C A T I O N:

Full nation name: the free matriarchy of Milaris
Short nation name: Milaris
Head of State: Queen Valeria I
Head of Government: Lord Sebastian Zapatero
Government Type: Strong monarchy with small democratic elements
Tech Level: Modern Tech, Past Modern Tech
Capital City: Milaria
Largest City: Milaria

Political ideology: Liberal Nationalists
Currency: the Mila
Currency Exchange Rate: (To NSD, use NSEconomy for this) 1 Mila = $1.6454

Language (s): English, Spanish, a dozen native language
Population: ~ 47 Million Citizens
Literacy Rate: 85 %
Drives on the: right side
Percent with Internet Access: 75 %
Percent with Television Access: 95 %
Percent with Telephone Access: 95 %

Notable Locations in your Nation: Natural Sides: The great waterfall (one of the largest within the region), the Milarian Canal, the great untamed jungle (only under supervision)
Cities to visit: Milaria, the hearth of the country political, economic and culture wise. Santa Isabella, giant harbour city and probably the most multicultural one within Milaris, Silberberg, the oldest city that can tell a lot about the history of the nation.
Festivals to visit: the Milarian Carnival (in February each year), the throne day (coronation day of the Queen, one of the two national holidays), the independence day (celebrating the independence of the former colony)
- there are some racial rivalries between natives, meetings and settlers
- while most of the nation is quite modern there are still large areas of the country not connected to the internet, many of this areas are dominated by the natives.
- in 200 years of independence, there were 7 different governments ranging from communists to fascist dictatorships, the matriarchy was established around 20 years ago
- one of the few up does date industries is the energy sector with a huge focus on renewable energy.
Factbook: outdated after joining a new region, still the most accurate I have right now
RP Sample: from Milaris
The Milarian Paper 3/27/2033
In a recent and unexpected move our beloved Queen has issued the following decree and message:
" My beloved people, people of Latinovia and Nations of the World.
It saddens me to hear about the death and destruction coming to the Country of Latinovia. It hurt my hearth after I heard about all the grief and the sorrow.
Therefore it is my decision that I answered the cry for help. For now and until a time where aid is not required anymore all ships bearing only civilian goods for ports under the authority of Milaris will be not taxed for passing through the Milarian Canal (ooc: Known as the Panama Canal), furthermore all other ships heading from a Latinovian Harbor or from a Latinovian Colony will get a discount of 50 % for all taxes.
This decision is not taken as any form of allegiance but as an act of kindness because it is the kindness that keeps us together.
Hail Milaris !"
It is expected that this will be a new chapter for the trade relations between Latinovia and Milaris and could spike a new boom into our domestic economy.
We will update this article as soon as we collect reactions from all over the world.
Marina Campeche for MP-Online

-- The below section is a brief questionnaire. This is optional but would be helpful. Fill out all that apply. --

Sexual Equality: approved and legalized since 20 years
Racial Equality: approved and legalized on the paper, in fact, there are some tensions and sometimes even violence however the state has no doings in this and violators of the law will be punished regardless of race
Alcohol Legality: approved
Tobacco Legality: approved
Recreational Drug Legality: approved but frowned upon in conservative circles
Censorship of Political, Religious, or Ideological Views: illegal unless it's threatening the state directly, otherwise there is no governmental censorship
Censorship on Moral Grounds: (such as censorship of nudity or violence in media) only in cases to save the youth, no complete censorship of anything. PG 16+ entertainment after 10 pm only.
Public Nudity: approved but frowned upon
Private Ownership of Bladed Weapons: with license approved
Private Ownership of Firearms: with license approved
Private Ownership of Automatic Weapons: illegal, automatic weapons are for military purposes only.
Concealed or Open Carry of Firearms: with license approved
Hunting: with license approved
Homosexuality: approved and legalized since 15 years

Not really a useful RP sample, with your post count I'd rather have a written paragraph or something.

@Turtleshroom, was going to make a response to you today but that's looking more like tomorrow, and Darussalam is next, I'll have your thread up tomorrow as well.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates