NATION

PASSWORD

Regional Summit [Elparia Only] [IC]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Pyongsu
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Regional Summit [Elparia Only] [IC]

Postby Pyongsu » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:43 pm

Theed, Revan

The international gathering had begun. The leaders of the nations in Elparia had gathered in the beautiful nation of Revan to discuss regional issues and propose new international legislation. This was the 67th annual summit. The group began with discussing the Trekan invasion of Novi Romani Imperii.

Pyong President Lu Yijun was representing Pyongsu. He started the discussion.
“Now, we all know Treka to be a fairly aggressive nation. This attack almost seemed to come out of nowhere. While we are allies of Treka, we wish to bring up the topic of disarmament for certain nations.”
Last edited by Pyongsu on Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Holocron of Revan
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Holocron of Revan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:46 pm

Theed, Revan

Seated among the many Elparian Leaders was Padme Amidala, a senator from the nation's capital. A stunning, yet skilled negotiator. Padme was elected Queen of Theed at 15 years of age. Padme was known for being classy, yet elegant. She wore a high collared purple senatorial gown and jacket. Her beautiful brunette hair was pulled up and in a cornucopia.

Taking command, Padme stood up and addressed the council of Elparians.
"Dear Elparians, we are here to peacefully solve our differences, and unite our strong region." She stated. "Yet we must learn from each other, and listen to each other's view. As we have just heard from Pyongsu about Treka, I formally would like to ask each nation about what aggressive actions have been taken by the accused, and how so."

Imperialist Treka
Attaché

Founded: Aug 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperialist Treka » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:28 pm

Theed, Revan

OOC: K, my mans, Treka-Conland is dead, I'm Treka now

IC:
The Chancellor and Kaiser sat down next to each other. The Kaiser, now 95 years old struggled to sit down. Multiple trekan soldiers, the imperial guard to be exact saluted the leaders before leaving the room. After a short chat with the leader of Trenchlandia, the Chancellor, feeling uneasy, replied to the questions of the other leaders. "Our nation was deliberately threatened by Novi Romani Imperii, the land they own used to be trekan as well which we are angry about, but what my real reason was is Chuukango was attacked, multiple times, literally attacked by this Novi Romani Imperii. As an ally of ours, Chuukango means a lot to us, to see an ally of ours get attacked by an enemy of ours and then completely ignore it by making one of, if not the dumbest statement ever was heartbreaking. To watch soldiers die unprovoked at the hands of artillery fire only to be ignored by their own commander in chief,*scoff*, its crazy. So I ordered a full scale invasion of the island nation, surprisingly under international criticism we have not fired a shot at them. That and other incidents such as terrorist attacks across Elparia, the PM of Concordaia being assasinated by unknown belligerents supposedly hired by us. The Trekan Empire has not had a morale low like this since auchtland took all our land. Please, spare our nation of any attacks or disarmament. If you disarm us, no matter what, we will fight for our rights. And if you attack us, well, *chuckle*, you've got another thing coming. We do not listen to your rules, in fact the only rules of war we listen to are our own: Don't Kill, Rape or Beat civilians, Don't loot, as little destruction as possible would be great, and a few other simple rules about your commanders. We are a nation of Morals not a Nation of War. We only have 1 nation as of now on our kill list and 3-4 on our bad relationship list. All others are allies, and by god, I wish we were all allies. in conclusion though war is horrible I will not cease my invasion plans for Novi Romani Imperii."
Last edited by Imperialist Treka on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The United States of Treka.

27 States
English (Boston Accent and Nova Scotian) speaking

Federal Republic- President Johh Hadlock

current events:
-RRS-COV-19 Virus kills 100,000 in Treka

Chuukango
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chuukango » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:00 am

Theed, Revan

President Sebastian LeFer took a seat across from the chancellor.
”Okay,” he spoke with a sigh
”Clearly my refusal to take military action against this new ‘empire’ isn’t one that is understood, so let me clear some things up.”
He put on a pair of black reading glasses and continued.
”To begin, to say that we’ve completely ignored the threat is, well, false. We have stopped importing oil to the Empire, now remember, we supplied something like half of their oil so this is no small act on our behalf. Furthermore, we have considered the, uh, ‘concerns’ of our allies and I have ordered a handful of ships along their coastline. Other than that, I see no need to risk lives by putting boots on the ground. However,” he makes a quick gesture to the chancellor “If you feel otherwise than you are free to do so since, as you said, the land they occupy belonged to you.”
Sebastian exhaled sharply and rubbed his eyes.
”Moving on from that messy subject to another. The terrorist attacks in Pyongsu are truly upsetting, however unless we get more to work with the most we can do is put our own police and military on high alert the same goes for the assasination of the Prime Minister Of Concordaia.”
Last edited by Chuukango on Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Elparia's token gay disaster.

New Trimainia
Secretary

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby New Trimainia » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:20 am

((OOC: I might make a few mistakes and such, bare with me. If any are very noticeable and you feel the urgent need to deal with it, let me know. Feedback is appreciated! Also what happened to Treka-Conland...?))

Theed, Revan

*Nevada takes his seat, sipping out of a cup of what is presumed; coffee* I agree with the other two here *He beckons to Chancellor Hanscombe, and ((...He is a president right...?)) LeFer* Action needs to be taken and the Trekan lands need to be freed. Now I am not the leader of Trimainia anymore, I am simply representing the country, and I can't make the decsion to send our, small but effective, military to the front lines, well that and were kind of dealing with a fascist rebellion in our mainland extension...but if I could I would be jumping at the chance to join both of you. *He finishes his coffee and exits his seat, walking over to the rest of the coffee pouring himself another cup.
Last edited by New Trimainia on Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Aquias
Secretary

Founded: Nov 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aquias » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:13 pm

Alexander Hedegaard, Magister of Aquias, seated among the other leaders in Elparia. His piercing blue eyes scanned the room, as his brow furrowed in thought.

He leaned forward, facing the other leaders in the room.

"After hearing these allegations for this invasion, and from the actions of your respected nations, I have come to a conclusion. The invasion has begun from a simple fact that the Novi Romani Emperii attacked Chuukango. Taking into account that they have reacted to such attacks as they deemed suitable, and taking into account Treka is allied with Chuukango, and refuse to believe that the Treka invasion of the Novi Romani Emperii isn't unwarranted, I have come to a decision."

Alexander coughs slightly.

"As the representative of Aquias, I hereby deem that we shall not interfere with the invasion. Knowing the moral guidelines Trekans follow in war, and how aggressive they can be at times, I seek no disarmament of Treka, as long as this invasion stays within the boundaries of either nation. We will also not assist the Trekan invasion as we believe this is an internal matter with Treka, from regaining their lost land, and considering that actions were taken by Chuukango in response to the attacks recieved already."

"This is the final decision of Aquias, but if matter become severe, the governing members of Aquias may choose to reconsider this answer."

Alexander takes a cup of Chamomile tea, and drinks it slowly, before setting it down.

The Cavian State
Attaché

Founded: Oct 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cavian State » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:42 pm

After Aquias spoke, Minister of Foreign Relations James Lee stood to make a comment.

"Our government has made it clear that the recent invasions have been condemned by Elparia, and that Cavian Parliament agrees with the general consensus of the region. Novi Romani Emperii are relatively new allies of the nation, and by region only, so the current state between our nations cannot be described as an alliance, merely as a non-aggressor.

"We have also made it clear, however, that peace and dialogue should be the mediums of talk, not guns and war. We strongly support, and will host or defend any scheduled peace talks between the two nations.

"We would also like to emphasize that the actions that Imperialist Treka have taken are disgusting and a clear violation of regional peace-time treaties. Therefore, the Cavian government sees it fit to embargo any and all trade with Treka until further notice. We strongly encourage other peaceful, like-minded nations to do the same."

"Our military and policy, however, will be neutral. We will not favor any party or nation. We condemn Treka for their actions but we do not support Novi. What we do support, however, is clear and true peace."

Lee sat down and took a sip of water, filing some papers back into his briefcase. He looked at the other delegates, who were busy scribbling notes. "As long as I get my voice heard, and my nation's voice heard..." he thought.
Last edited by The Cavian State on Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
True happiness may be temporary but guinea pigs are forever

The Cavian State DEFCON: 3
Goulong DEFCON: 1

Holocron of Revan
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Holocron of Revan » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:14 pm

Theed, Revan

Padme rose up, feeling the overwhelming tension the room radiated with. Treka had started war with Novi Romani Emperii, and the room was divided. Many were for and again, and a few were neutral. Being the representative of the beautiful host nation could provide some support. Having the ability to lead was vital, and war was one thing that Padme hated. She knew war was horrible, but sometimes war was needed.

Clearing her throat, and adjusting her cornucopia, Padme took the floor.

"Dear representatives, as we all witnessed the decision that Treka here took, I can all but assume that we are at peace. Here, in this room, is the chance to establish peace and friendship. However, I understand that war is a price that sometimes must be paid. Therefore, before any of us jump into pacts and agreements, I would like to state that Holocron of Revan has made it clear that Novi Romani Emperii's recent actions cannot be justified. Our region will not stand to tolerate such immorality, yet will not take place in a regional civil war. If worst come to worst, Holocron of Revan will review a difficult decision. We strongly believe in peace talks, and are happy to host any such talks within Revan. Our people have always held a medium of peace and justice, and I recommend the rest of Elparia to follow suit on such matters."

Pyongsu
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Pyongsu » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:29 pm

“Peace is the goal of everyone, but it happens very rarely. The only way we think it can actually happen is by destroying the offensive military arsenals of the aggressor nations. While Pyongsu has put trade embargoes on all nation within the conflict, and is currently neutral, if any more actions are made, that may change. We believe that the actions of Novi Romani Emperii should also be condemned, and we wish for negotiations and peace talks to be made. War is rarely the answer, and especially not in this case. As I have said, we will supply the defender nations if any more aggression is made. Thank you.”

The President took a seat, and the Minister of the Interior stood up.

“Due to the recent attack in Pyongsu, we are building up our police force. We advise you all to do the same. They could strike anywhere. We do not quite the motive of these monsters, but they will be stopped.”

He sat down, and looked over his papers. He thought to himself “if only we could have some regional peace... War never seems to stop.”

Kuroria
Civil Servant

Founded: May 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kuroria » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:40 pm

Elias Hallix, Director of the Kurorian Treasury Department and retired Vice Admiral, sat silently amongst the other leaders and representatives, coldly studying each and every word that was being said, and deciding what would be detrimental to the Kurorian economy. It didn't take him long to figure out that an embargo on either nation would be like stabbing his arm, it would hurt the Kurorian economy just like it would hurt him. He cleared his throat, stood up, and began to speak.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I quite fully understand the gravity of the situation at hand, but I believe we shouldn't be too quick in making any final decisions, and that we should take our time to look at the whole picture. With that being said, any embargo on either nation would be detrimental to the Kurorian economy. I propose that we instead find a more peaceful solution before an embargo or direct intervention takes place.

He sat back down, clasping his hands together and began to think "As long as this doesn't end in our economy bleeding, we'll be fine." After all, money is the lifeline of Kuroria.

Holocron of Revan
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Holocron of Revan » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:31 pm

Padme listened to all the opinions of the other leaders. There was no action taking place, and the issue had to be solved as soon as possible. Feeling worried and the courage to do her duty for her nation and region, she stood up, and addressed the problem once again.

"As the subject of peace becomes more persistent, and the choice of war by Treka already taken, I would like to invite Nova Romani and Treka to have peace talks alone at a later time. Unless we can all agree about discussing the solution together, the gravity of the situation will only grow worse."

Imperialist Treka
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperialist Treka » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:31 pm

The Kaiser and Chancellor, after listening to the opinions of the other Elparian leaders, wanted to pipe in. The Chancellor stood up and began, "I see that the region is split on embargos and letting it be. But it seems we all condemn the actions of Novi Romani Imperii. Listen, this nation is a crazed dictatorship just like Rossferry who only wants power and money. Let me tell you this, that is not going to happen. Our military is ready, and we are not letting it go. We have morals, and this war will hopefully cause minimal casualties, but the fact is, it's going to worsen, sadly trekans will die, but we won't lose. I am not pursuing further peace talks on this matter. Thank you."

The Kaiser thought to himself, "why are people bumping in and calling us a warmongering people's? This was to prevent any further wars from happening".
Last edited by Imperialist Treka on Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

27 States

current events:

The Cavian State
Attaché

Founded: Oct 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cavian State » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:17 pm

The Cavian Minister of Defense got up to speak.

"We convened here because of the threat that Treka has now caused to the stability of our region. In light of the recent attacks I have been given permission by my government to announce that the Cavians are officially policy-wise sided with Novi. I will quote from former monarch King Roger III. "From what I have seen in humankind, I notice a parallel with us guinea pigs. No more damage has been done than by those who thought they were doing the right thing." We have decided to revise our current position into peace negotiations with Treka. We understand their actions however we still feel that it was unnecessary, killing civilians and destroying property. And if the current situation escalates to full war, we will have no choice but to defend Novi Romani Imperii with our new, revamped military."

Parliament Speaker Arlo Goldman stood to speak.
"Now, if we are to reach a consensus here today, let it be this- we understand Treka's actions, however we are disappointed for their violation of international military agreements and failure to consult the international community. Dialogue should be the stance of all nations, including those involved. Aid will be sent to victims of military attacks, specifically Chuukango- and no nation is to join Treka in its military ventures."

Both men sat down, as Prince Thomas II, just 21 years of age, rose to talk.
"I am 21. I am young." he started. "But that does not mean I am naive, or blind. I have seen the affects of war on people, on lives. War destroys families, breaks relationships, and devastates. I want to see this end. But we need cooperation from all. I think that we can see an end to this conflict quickly and peacefully. But we need you to make this happen. Do you want to see a peace, a new friendship, or hundreds, thousands fall to a petty conflict?"
True happiness may be temporary but guinea pigs are forever

The Cavian State DEFCON: 3
Goulong DEFCON: 1

Votumnia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 25, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Votumnia » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:36 pm

Jorn Sadal and Timothy Westbridge, the Votumnian PM and Minister of Foreign Affairs respectively, were seated next to Alexander Hedegaard, the Magister of Aquias. They heard all representatives express their opinions or the official direction of their governments on the matter. At the same time, they kept thinking about their discussion during the flight to Theed. Votumnia's interests were not affected by this conflict, so pushing for a peaceful solution seemed like the best solution for the region of Elparia. The many different opinions voiced, however, made it clear that the issue would not be resovled soon.

Once Prince Thomas II of the Cavian State spoke his last words, Sadal pulled back his chair a bit and stood up.

"I believe we gathered here to end this messy situation in a swift and effective manner and not to draw lines and choose sides", said Sadal. "While we understand the Trekan right to the land of Novi Romani Imperii, it does not provide enough justification for an armed conflict. Neither the Novi Romani Imperii's attack on Chuukango should be seen as an excuse to launch an offensive.

It's clear that there is no common ground here, but there might be a way to satisfy both Treka and the rest of Elparia. Votumnia offers to support the Trekan claim on the land of Novi Romani Imperii as long as Treka does not make begin an armed conflict. I strongly suggest all nations to do the same thing and spare the lives of hundreds — if not thousands — of people. Let's all strive to avoid the bloodshed, then create the right conditions for Treka and Novi Romani Imperii to discuss and agree the cession of the latter's land to the former, while keeping an autonomous identity.

I plead you, the esteemed rulers of Treka, to reconsider and I hope that the rest of us will unify to support your righteous claim."

Sadal let a brief moment pass before sitting down, not sure of what to expect after his proposal.
Last edited by Votumnia on Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chuukango
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Chuukango » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:05 am

President LeFer listened to the proposals of each representative. He felt a slight headache work itself into his skull slowly but surely. It became clear to him that he would be here longer than he initially thought. He longed to return home to his own bed but knew that this was unlikely to happen anytime soon. He rose from his seat and spoke thus,

”I can say with a fair bit of confidence that I speak for the majority of us here when I say that none of use want to be here any longer, but clearly we’re going to be settling in for the long-run here today.”

He absently cracked his knuckles

”I hope I’m not the only one who’s noticed, but the Novi Romani Imperii hasn’t sent a representative of any kind. Or maybe they have, maybe he just stopped for tacos along the way I just figured I’d point that out, it has nothing to do with what I’m about to say,”

He cringed slightly at himself, stick to the point, he thought to himself, we won’t get anywhere if I waffle on like this. He paused a moment longer to gather his thoughts.

”I don’t want to go to war, really, I don’t. People hate me for it, but that’s the truth, in this case. I don’t want to spill hundreds, maybe thousands of bodies over fifty. You don’t fight fire with fire, no. Frankly, I do support the idea of Sadal. Their proposal would appease both sides. Treka gets their land, no blood is spilled, immediately that is. I do, however, have one concern. If you remember, FOB Vernge was established in 2009. When the Imperii became independent in 2010 they agreed to keep the FOB, in exchange we supplied them oil. We have, until now, fulfilled our end of the bargain but the Imperii attacked us anyway. Who’s to say that there wouldn’t be a full blown war of independence if the Imperii becomes a sort of colony? It seems here that blood will spill, as it already has. War has turned into a bit of an inevitability. The only other choice would be to ignore the Imperii, but we cannot let them get away with such actions lest they fall down a slippery-slope of overconfidence and start something much, much bigger.”

LeFer hated to end on such a dark note, however he took his seat and waited to hear from the other representatives.
Last edited by Chuukango on Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Imperialist Treka
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperialist Treka » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:54 pm

*Kaiser pulls out a beer and begins to drink it*. The Chancellor stood back up among the commotion, he began to speak."The Trekan Empire is not, and I repeat not a genocidal nation. We don't condone rape or murder, clearly you guys didn't hear me when I said we have strict rules about war so the enemy's population can continue on with their lives in peace. *scoff* I do not see why you people think our nation is crazy, except him *points to Kaiser and people and Kaiser laugh*. He's kinda crazy haha, anyways our nation is a territorial nation not an aggressive nation. We feel threatened if an ally of ours is attacked. Wouldn't you guys? We do not want to harm the people of Novi Romani Imperii we want to free them from their government. As you can see they don't want peace either, as is shown since they haven't shown up for this summit. I will repeat my words we are not going to write a treaty or come to an agreement with that nation. Also, leaders of the Cavian State I beg to differ. What you said was wrong about us. We DO NOT care if you get involved but we recommend you don't. I promise you, any war crimes on our side will be met with court martial not to mention we have a very disciplined army."

"Now to the incident in Pyongsu and the Bombing in Volkstown, Treka. I am not sure of the origin of these terrorist attacks or why they happened but I can assure you our nation is deploying special forces to regions we believe the terrorists hide, of course with the approval of the said nation of which soil we are sending our troops too."

"On to the assasination of the Concordaian Prime Minister. The killer may have been spotted sporting a trekan flag but can you confirm it was the action of our government? Our two nations may dislike each other but I can assaure you I have no intentions of ruining relations with them. And I highly doubt a trekan citizen did that dirty work, as you need special permission to go to Concordaia due to these tense relations. Hopefully we find the culprit and sentence him to the Concordaian's highest sentence. Thank you. "

The Chancellor sat back down, quite miffed by the fact the other leaders don't get that we have no intentions of attacking anyone but Novi Romani Imperii.

27 States

current events:

Holocron of Revan
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Holocron of Revan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:20 pm

Padme sat quietly as the Kaiser reiterated Treka's beliefs. '[Clearly the Kaiser is asking for a sensible, responsible government in Novi She thought. 'If he is territorial, then maybe we should set some more restrictions on border aggression to decrease the amount of violence taking place at every border in Elpara.'

Padme stood up, speaking for the third time this meeting. Taking her glass of water that was in front of her. She raised it.

"As host of this summit gathering, I would like to propose a jointed effort by all to enforce more restrictions on border aggression. Clearly we must have more respect for each other, and peace is the way to go. I recommend we seek out an agenda for a summit meeting once a month. I am happy to host this, with Darth Revan's consent. We must stay engaged with each other to confirm maximum efficiency in the topics of regional and interregional diplomacy. So, here to peace, and liberty."

Concordaia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Concordaia » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:34 pm

King William cleared his throat and clasped his hands on the table. "While I must condemn the Trekan nation for the immediate engagement of warfare, I must say that it is with within their right to retake these stolen culturally significant lands. Even if it means clashing weapons with the current occupiers." He paused and let Padme speak, raising a glass with her "Peace and Liberty, yes. The greatest things a man can have." He pulled out a briefcase and pulled out a binder of papers from it. “Speaking of which, I wasn’t just sent here to bitch about Trekan aggression. I was actually sent here to promote an idea from my now deceased friend.” He opened the binder and took out a stack of a packet of stabled paper to which he began to pass down the table. This packet was labeled ‘The United Elparian Regional Conference.’ “Our old Prime Minister Lucius, bless his soul, made this long ago. It was his dream for it to be introduced.”
Last edited by Concordaia on Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperialist Treka
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperialist Treka » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:57 pm

Kaiser Carl Volksburg VII, now 95 years old, stood up, the first time this meeting, "oh hello king William. I didn't know you were coming. Anyways what I was going to say is our nation will use whatever is necessary to prevent future wars. Hopefully you guys could leave our nation alone. Anyways Miss Amidala, our nation would be happy to host the next meeting in Volkstown Treka, or Fort loch. As long as we aren't in range of Novi Romani Imperii as my capital sure is, we should schedule them to happen maybe 1-2 a month and hopefully our nations would handle things peacefully". He sat down and whispered something into the Chancellor's Ear

27 States

current events:

Novi Romani Imperii
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Novi Romani Imperii » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:26 am

Senator Eckhard Köstner entered the room shortly after the Kaiser finished speaking and sat next to President LeFer, a sort of hush filled the room, followed by whispers.

The Senator was wearing a crisp, black suit, his head was shaven and his face was rough. He looked to be in his mid forties. He cleared his throat, stood, and began speaking.

”Good evening, fellow representatives,”

He paused and looked around the room for a moment.

”I’m one of the senators for the Great Imperii,sent by the Consuls to represent our fine country. My name is Eckhard Köster. I apologize for my tardiness, however the Federate Navy made it very difficult for my flight to leave the Empire.”

He glanced at LeFer with disdain.

”Yes, we did attack the FOB that is no secret. The Federate States has spent long enough meddling in our affairs and so we put our foot down. How do they respond? They starve us of oil. Jobs have been lost, families going hungry? This is the true way of that, Federation. We have no intentions of cedeing land to anyone. We will sooner go to war than submit to the Trekans or Federation.”

He paused for another moment.

”President LeFer says that he wants to avoid war, he wants peace. Yet why would he have needed a Forward Operating Base in my nation if such was the case? A mere façade, it seems. So I propose thus: We will spare our enemies, so long as they not only move their ships out of our waters, but supply us with weapons, oil, anything of use to us.”

He took his seat and awaited a response.
Last edited by Novi Romani Imperii on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Votumnia
Bureaucrat

Postby Votumnia » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:34 am

Before Senator Köstner's arrival, one could compare the atmosphere in the room with a grey, cloudy day. But now it was all thunder and lightning, the last minutes before the storm. And the air was thick, so thick that the Votumnian delegates were feeling the agony with each breath they took.

Treka was determined to retake their lands with force and the Empire of Novi Romani Imperrii was going to stand its ground, but also threatened the Federation to withdraw its fleet and lift the embargo.

"Dear friends, I think we are all wasting our time here", said Timothy Westbridge, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Votumnia. "If two nations want to fight each other, the highest amount of effort from the rest of the Elparian world won't be enough to stop them. It saddens me that the individuals charged with leading their people to prosperity somehow believe that war is the solution to their problems, without even giving a chance for a peaceful resolution to work — and for this, I also blame President LeFer's skepticism. Even if the situation is not ideal (and you are right that it is not), we have to try at least. If we fail, what's the worst that can happen? War? Well, we are currently heading for war so why not try to avoid it"

"That said, I've started to feel like a hippie . Forgive me if I'm wrong, but our words and the words of other here who are vying for peace seem to not reach their intended receivers. So this is our last call to Treka and Novi Romani Imperii: either agree to sit down and discuss an agreement that can satisfy both or make a formal declaration of war and stop pointing fingers about whose fault is this mess Elparia is in. We came here to avoid a bloodshed, but it is not avoidable, let's not waste more time."

Turning to Mrs. Amidala, Westbridge said: "Thank you for your accomodation and mostly for your efforts to maintain peace and harmony in the region. Unfortunately, not everybody is on the same page."

Then Westbridge asked Sadal, the Votumnian PM: "May I call our delegates in Treka and Novi Romani Imperii and ask them to prepare evacuation plans for all Votumnians?"

Sadal nodded, his stare showing the disappointment for the apparent failure of the summit...
Last edited by Votumnia on Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chuukango
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Chuukango » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:12 am

Sebastian LeFer sighed, and waited a long moment before speaking again.

”Yes, once again I concur.”

He paused for another moment, a gloomy look on his face. He turned to Senator Köstner.

”Senator, I must explain that I kept FOB Vernge with the intention to quickly be able to assist your armed forces, or perhaps a nearby allies in a moments notice if necessary, though I understand the suspicion and apologize in that regard. However, this does not excuse the unwarranted attack. I know that I would certainly be willing to sit and negotiate a peace treaty of sorts. I’m also willing to order what ships I have in your waters out. I will keep a Hospital ship stationed in case fighting does break out between the Empire and Treka, but only to heal the wounded, and likely only civilians.”

He let out a sigh and continued

”I won’t entirely lift the embargo, but wecan supply about half of what we previously supplied until a Formal agreement. I have nothing else to say.”

He slowly took his seat once again.

The Federation-State of Lazy People
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation-State of Lazy People » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:26 pm

Regional Summit #67 and counting
Premiere Bum Sitter of the Federation-State of Lazy People

It was a summit of nations, which would influence the region and its differing countries. Tensions within the countries could lead to war. Nerves were frayed. Frustrations were high. Threats of embargoes, economic sanctions and attacks were on the table. While the leaders of the countries were not at the point of strangling each other... yet... the tension in the air couldn't be thicker.

Except for the overweight leader of the Federation-State of Lazy People, down on the far end of the table on the left side. There he was, with his Hawaiian shirt on and khaki shorts, sandals, Panama Jack hat, and killer shades. He had a box of a dozen donuts open in front of him, half eaten. He was saving the creme frosting-filled ones for the end. Next to the box of donuts was a pina colada. And as always, even in another country, a call to the local pizza establishments could easily be made. Premiere Bum Sitter, the Lazy People leader, had all of the world's pizza delivery numbers programmed into his phone. So what if he had to outsource Maxtopia to get all those numbers in? So what?

But while everything was going down tension wise, Premiere Bum Sitter shuffled the cards in his hands and began another round of solitaire. Glancing up, he said, half-loudly, "Uhh, hey guys. I know I'm kinda new here. But like, there's an easy way out of all this. Just have everybody chill out. It'll work. Does for us." When those who heard him glared at him, Premiere Bum Sitter was genuinely astonished that they could be upset at his idea. So he tried to bring up a distraction. "Um... Do you guys also want a donut?"
I like humor. This RP is hilarious. OOC here, and IC here. Check it out. Join if you wish.

Pyongsu
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Pyongsu » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:26 pm

"Er... no. I'll have to pass." the President of Pyongsu muttered

"Anyways, you've talked about Treka's so called "right" to Novi Romani Imperii's land. King William of Concordaia, how would you like it if we were to take back the land of your nation, which was once ours. It is almost the same story. Novi Romani Imperii has a right to their land. I didn't think I would have to do this, but if there is not an agreement soon, I will be sending naval and air forces to support Nova Romani Imperii. Now, obviously, this is a "peace conference," so I am still open to ways to solve this issue."

The president sat down, thinking he had made the wrong move, threatening to put the peaceful nation of Pyongsu into war. "Though", he thought, "this could help our declining economy..."

"Hey." he asked to the leader of the Federation-State of Lazy People, "Still got a donut?"

Votumnia
Bureaucrat

Postby Votumnia » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:49 pm

"That's quite the contradiction, President Lu", said Sadal with no hesitation. "You blame Treka, talk about disarming them to avoid further conflict, then you offer to provide military assistance to Novi Romani Imperii, forgetting that Novi Romani Imperii was the aggressor. I have not heard you condemning this action. Your stance is not helping."
Last edited by Votumnia on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates