NATION

PASSWORD

Royal Event 2018 [OPEN TO ALL, IC]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sriker
Spokesperson

Founded: May 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sriker » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:00 pm

The Ironborne Fleet wrote:
Kuronami wrote:

"Ah Rikkon it is!" Fine replied with a smile, happy to be a little more informal. "An entire nation of ships and no land, that is quite a feet! Are

Izetta's tension eased "Yes sir." She repaid to him "I-I'm a commoner myself. So I suppose I am a little nervous with so many VIPs."

"But as he says he's much like you and you are my guest and important to me. So you have no need to be anxious. Just think of the dance we shared a moment ago."

"Thank you, Your Majesty. And thank you, Rikkon."

"Much in the upper north it is huh? Well Kuronami is further south, below the equator but close enough to the antarctic to get chilly winters but far enough to not be icy."

"Ah, I was a bit too far north. My geography is not the strongest, for obvious reasons," he said, laughing. "But yes, we are a nation of ships with no land, and a rather proud one at that. May I say, you are the most delightful politician I have ever met, Finé. most of the other royals around here are all pomp and formalities, but you keep it simple. As an Ironborn, I admire that. Your an Empress, yet you allow a stranger and a foreigner to use your first name. Could I perhaps order you a drink? On me, of course."

Francisco pats Rikkon on his shoulder ( No No I’ll Give you something strong ) Francisco hands him a Bottle of Red Hammer (it is the strongest Vodka you can Drink without Dying)
Plz join 2nd American civil war rp plz

Kuronami
Minister

Founded: Nov 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:04 pm

The Ironborne Fleet wrote:"Ah, I was a bit too far north. My geography is not the strongest, for obvious reasons," he said, laughing. "But yes, we are a nation of ships with no land, and a rather proud one at that. May I say, you are the most delightful politician I have ever met, Finé. most of the other royals around here are all pomp and formalities, but you keep it simple. As an Ironborn, I admire that. Your an Empress, yet you allow a stranger and a foreigner to use your first name. Could I perhaps order you a drink? On me, of course."

"I would love a drink. As would you Izetta?"

"Oh, yes, yes I would like one."

"Not the strongest in geography huh? Hehe we have our shortcomings I suppose. I agree I am quite relaxed. There is time for decorum and tradition but I feel is best for Court. However this is a party and I think should be more relaxed and free to just be ourselves a little. I guess it's me being young as I am. Most of my predecessors were well into adulthood by the time they ascended to the throne."

The Ironborne Fleet
Attaché

Founded: Nov 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ironborne Fleet » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:19 pm

Kuronami wrote:"I would love a drink. As would you Izetta?"

"Oh, yes, yes I would like one."

"Not the strongest in geography huh? Hehe we have our shortcomings I suppose. I agree I am quite relaxed. There is time for decorum and tradition but I feel is best for Court. However this is a party and I think should be more relaxed and free to just be ourselves a little. I guess it's me being young as I am. Most of my predecessors were well into adulthood by the time they ascended to the throne."

Rikkon motioned to the bartender, ordering a round of three drinks. "Izetta, you seem rather young. Are you sure your of the legal drinking age? Or is it different in Kuronami. In the fleet its 17, I believe. I'll still order the drinks, Helvete"

"Excuse me for prodding, but how do you know the empress, Izetta? Are you sisters, close friends, whats the eh...dynamic here?
In the news: Tensions rise around the Finnish Negotiations for permanent settlement.

Kuronami
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:32 pm

The Ironborne Fleet wrote:Rikkon motioned to the bartender, ordering a round of three drinks. "Izetta, you seem rather young. Are you sure your of the legal drinking age? Or is it different in Kuronami. In the fleet its 17, I believe. I'll still order the drinks, Helvete"

"Excuse me for prodding, but how do you know the empress, Izetta? Are you sisters, close friends, whats the eh...dynamic here?

"It's 18 under normal circumstances." Fine said "But I think here we can make an exception for the both of us."

"Oh well as to how she and I know each other, Fine and I met in our RCSC tours."

"RCSC, that's Royal Civil Service Corps." Fine added to explain and Izetta continued explaining

"You see in our country everyone must either serve two years in the military or during community service work. This work can take you almost anywhere and can be anything from environmental conservation, surveying, to humanitarian service well most anything I guess is up for option. We both served civilian, well I did my two years civil and Fine did an extra two in the military service."

"Ah just a desk job more than anything I was too young to serve any combat-centric missions."

"Either way, Her Majesty is just dedicated and amazing in that sense!"

Sriker
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sriker » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:36 pm

Francisco sits down and starts singing The Srikerian National anthem “The people cry for the red flag to fly oh the people cry to raise it high oh we fight for no lord or no king we have secured our destiny oh we fight for our land our people and Freedom oh then we will fight till we meet the dawn oh they cry to raise the red flag flyyyyy oh oh oh yaaa) he grabs his drink and bows.

The Ironborne Fleet
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Ironborne Fleet » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:40 pm

Kuronami wrote:

"It's 18 under normal circumstances." Fine said "But I think here we can make an exception for the both of us."

"Oh well as to how she and I know each other, Fine and I met in our RCSC tours."

"RCSC, that's Royal Civil Service Corps." Fine added to explain and Izetta continued explaining

"You see in our country everyone must either serve two years in the military or during community service work. This work can take you almost anywhere and can be anything from environmental conservation, surveying, to humanitarian service well most anything I guess is up for option. We both served civilian, well I did my two years civil and Fine did an extra two in the military service."

"Ah just a desk job more than anything I was too young to serve any combat-centric missions."

"Either way, Her Majesty is just dedicated and amazing in that sense!"

"So you too have compulsory service. The Fleet has similar policies. Being a nation comprised of ships, we don't really have the room or supplies for idle bodies. You can either serve on one of the ABS's or in English i suppose it would be ACS, active combat ship. Similar to a mainland military, or a civilian ship. However, our tours run for between five and ten years, and start at 18. It's generally frowned upon to not be serving on a ship" Rikkons eyes drift back for a moment, remembering his first tour on an ABS, before snapping back to reality. "Ah, but don't let be bore you with such talks of my nation. Please, tell me more about Kuronami."
In the news: Tensions rise around the Finnish Negotiations for permanent settlement.

Kuronami
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:51 pm

The Ironborne Fleet wrote:"So you too have compulsory service. The Fleet has similar policies. Being a nation comprised of ships, we don't really have the room or supplies for idle bodies. You can either serve on one of the ABS's or in English i suppose it would be ACS, active combat ship. Similar to a mainland military, or a civilian ship. However, our tours run for between five and ten years, and start at 18. It's generally frowned upon to not be serving on a ship" Rikkons eyes drift back for a moment, remembering his first tour on an ABS, before snapping back to reality. "Ah, but don't let be bore you with such talks of my nation. Please, tell me more about Kuronami."

"Not at all boring, I think it's quite interesting."

"I do too." Izetta agreed in earnest

"But as you asked, let me tell you a little about us. We're a pretty sizable country, been around quite a while. You see we were once two separate countries, Kronor and Kami, Kronor in the west along the western seaboard and Kami on the east. Kami was more orient and Eastern with Kronor more European and Western. Any way, after our union centuries ago we just continued growing but keeping our identities and cultures but still mingling you see. So we have a healthy amount of Eastern and Western cultures together. We have a set of tropical islands we also all ours that we annexed in the early 20th century and they have their own unique culture. So we're quite diverse. Let's see uuuh what else, oh our capital always depends on who is reining emperor or empress. So if for some reason one of my other fellow nobles had gotten the crown over me, then the Capital would be in their domain, that's what we call our divisions, like states or provinces. Kind of confusing it must sound but it was devised in the event of war, so the government could keep functioning. Our nation is quite beautiful too, coastlines for miles, classic architecture of old, tall mountains, lush farmlands. Ah it's truly my home that I love."

The Ironborne Fleet
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Ironborne Fleet » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:05 pm

Kuronami wrote:
"Not at all boring, I think it's quite interesting."

"I do too." Izetta agreed in earnest

"But as you asked, let me tell you a little about us. We're a pretty sizable country, been around quite a while. You see we were once two separate countries, Kronor and Kami, Kronor in the west along the western seaboard and Kami on the east. Kami was more orient and Eastern with Kronor more European and Western. Any way, after our union centuries ago we just continued growing but keeping our identities and cultures but still mingling you see. So we have a healthy amount of Eastern and Western cultures together. We have a set of tropical islands we also all ours that we annexed in the early 20th century and they have their own unique culture. So we're quite diverse. Let's see uuuh what else, oh our capital always depends on who is reining emperor or empress. So if for some reason one of my other fellow nobles had gotten the crown over me, then the Capital would be in their domain, that's what we call our divisions, like states or provinces. Kind of confusing it must sound but it was devised in the event of war, so the government could keep functioning. Our nation is quite beautiful too, coastlines for miles, classic architecture of old, tall mountains, lush farmlands. Ah it's truly my home that I love."

"Truly? your homeland sounds more beautiful than the entire fleet. Not half as beautiful as their empress though," he said to the young lady.

"Well, since my brothers full som en okse, or drunk as an ox, I believe it would be in your language, I'll take responsibility to tell you of the fleet"

"No one is quite sure how long the fleet has been sailing. some say 50, others 70, more still say hundreds, but the truth of the matter is we've been sailing for a long time now. pushed out by invaders and a hostile environment. In the early days, before we were accepted as a nation, we turned to raiding for supplies. The government, of course, no longer sanctions it, but that's not to say it never happens. We have very loose definitions on what constitutes being a member of the fleet. some say you must be born of ancestors who came from the homelands, but me and my brother agree that its anyone who swears their ship to the fleet, so diversity is fairly high."

"To me, however, the most interesting thing is our motto. You see, Fine, our word for captain and king are the same, Kønge. This is because of the somewhat old fashioned belief that every man was freest on board his ship. A captain was a king on board his vessel, and his ship was his castle. Sorry if I bore you with all this information, I just felt that you telling me your history constituted me telling you mine."

"But enough about our countries. Tell me of yourself."

Kyrenaia
Senator

Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:21 am

Letheny wrote:Prince Luka would sit down and clear his throat. "Greetings. My name is Luka, Prince Luka." He'd smile and fix his greased-back hair a bit.

"Good evening, Prince Luka.", Dschamilla replied to the greeting and introduction with a small bow of her head and a voice laced with a small bit of an accent - just enough to tell, that she wasn't a native English speaker, but quite good at it. It was also an accent some people called exotic. "Dschamilla bint-Fadi, Princess of the Ilkhanate of Fenchu... please, call me Dschamilla." She had a small smile on her lips, as she shifted a bit, her dress still not showing anything, but accentuating her figure and curves. "If I may ask, what was that with the youngsters back there?"
Last edited by Kyrenaia on Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
RPing in MT and PT.

Letheny
Envoy

Founded: Sep 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Letheny » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:41 am

"Dschamilla. That's a pretty name." Luka said, nodding. "Those youngsters were some family. My youngest sibling, Ecrin, and my cousins." Luka, as he spoke, would glance down to check out Dschimilla quickly. Because he didn't have much time to check her out before he'd be rather obvious, he kept his glance quick.

Luka himself was dressed in a rather regal outfit. An officer's coat, with a sash, and a single medal. He wore black boots and white gloves as well. As for his own features, he was of a rather average height for a man, and had some rather traditional Germanic features. Blond hair, blue eyes, fair skin - most of said features likely came from his mother, Queen Rita.
The great Kingdom of Letheny, since 1022.
AU Version: Lethen Empire
His Majesty, King Ran is only a figurehead (Or is he...)
Letheny is a MT nation
Colonial Empire
Doesn't use NS stats
News:

Lethen state visit to Karamiko goes well - Royal Navy to expand, citing unknown tensions

Sriker
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sriker » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:28 am

Letheny wrote:"Dschamilla. That's a pretty name." Luka said, nodding. "Those youngsters were some family. My youngest sibling, Ecrin, and my cousins." Luka, as he spoke, would glance down to check out Dschimilla quickly. Because he didn't have much time to check her out before he'd be rather obvious, he kept his glance quick.

Luka himself was dressed in a rather regal outfit. An officer's coat, with a sash, and a single medal. He wore black boots and white gloves as well. As for his own features, he was of a rather average height for a man, and had some rather traditional Germanic features. Blond hair, blue eyes, fair skin - most of said features likely came from his mother, Queen Rita.

Francisco walks up to Luka ( ah the host of the event nice to meet you sir)Francisco bows

Letheny
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Letheny » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:56 am

"Uh...I'm not the host. My father, the King, is the host." Luka said. "If you're looking for him, he's over there with that dude with the wooden-metal crown." Luka said, pointing to King Ran and Rikkon.
Letheny is a MT nation
Colonial Empire
Doesn't use NS stats
News:

Lethen state visit to Karamiko goes well - Royal Navy to expand, citing unknown tensions

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:37 pm

Sriker wrote:
Letheny wrote:"Dschamilla. That's a pretty name." Luka said, nodding. "Those youngsters were some family. My youngest sibling, Ecrin, and my cousins." Luka, as he spoke, would glance down to check out Dschimilla quickly. Because he didn't have much time to check her out before he'd be rather obvious, he kept his glance quick.

Francisco walks up to Luka ( ah the host of the event nice to meet you sir)Francisco bows

Letheny wrote:"Uh...I'm not the host. My father, the King, is the host." Luka said. "If you're looking for him, he's over there with that dude with the wooden-metal crown." Luka said, pointing to King Ran and Rikkon.

Dschamilla's smile didn't waver as she was 'checked out' quickly, returning the favour - as much of a good-looking young man Luka had appeared, as vain he appeared before her. She couldn't hold it against him, there was a reason why her father, the late Ilkhan Fadi Kanuni, had praised her as the 'Flower of Fenchu' shortly before he passed on.
Her most striking features, if she had to say so herself, were her eyes: Silver-blue, sparkling, when she looked at something of interest to her. At the moment, that was the conversation of the new arrival between the two, a man in a red tuxedo, with a red rose, who had conversed with a woman and her companion as well as a guy flirting with both of them from the looks of it, just a moment ago - as her military service taught her, always have an eye on everything around you.
"Uh...I'm not the host. My father, the King, is the host.", her companion at the bar said as Dschamilla had a drink from her fruit juice, "If you're looking for him, he's over there with that dude with the wooden-metal crown."
Dschamilla hid her amusement in a cough and her raised hand, as it was polite - the way of putting it, the 'dude with the wooden-metal crown', amused her. Certainly not how a Kyrenaian would have put it, but endearing in the phrasing.
With that taken care of, she smiled at Luka, her eyes still glinting with amusement. "Beauty.", she stated, "That's what 'Dschamilla' means, in older Kyrenaian. 'Bint-Fadi' means, that I am daughter of a man named Fadi, in my case that would be Ilkhan Fadi III. or Fadi Kanuni. If I may ask, what does Luka mean?"
RPing in MT and PT.

Letheny
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Letheny » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:55 pm

"I don't know much about my own name. Sounds goofy, I know, but I guess it's not common for us Europeans to know what our names mean. All I know is that it's the Germanic version of the name 'Lucas', which probably dates back to something Roman." Luka said. He noted that Dschamilla seemed to notice him, and that she 'returned the favor.' "Oh, and - I assume you find this outfit rather 'flashy'. It's 'traditional wear', as European royalty dressed like this in the Victorian Era and early 20th century. It's an 'imperial' look, I suppose."
Letheny is a MT nation
Colonial Empire
Doesn't use NS stats
News:

Kuronami
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:07 pm

The Ironborne Fleet wrote:Truly? your homeland sounds more beautiful than the entire fleet. Not half as beautiful as their empress though," he said to the young lady.

"Well, since my brothers full som en okse, or drunk as an ox, I believe it would be in your language, I'll take responsibility to tell you of the fleet"

"No one is quite sure how long the fleet has been sailing. some say 50, others 70, more still say hundreds, but the truth of the matter is we've been sailing for a long time now. pushed out by invaders and a hostile environment. In the early days, before we were accepted as a nation, we turned to raiding for supplies. The government, of course, no longer sanctions it, but that's not to say it never happens. We have very loose definitions on what constitutes being a member of the fleet. some say you must be born of ancestors who came from the homelands, but me and my brother agree that its anyone who swears their ship to the fleet, so diversity is fairly high."

"To me, however, the most interesting thing is our motto. You see, Fine, our word for captain and king are the same, Kønge. This is because of the somewhat old fashioned belief that every man was freest on board his ship. A captain was a king on board his vessel, and his ship was his castle. Sorry if I bore you with all this information, I just felt that you telling me your history constituted me telling you mine."

"But enough about our countries. Tell me of yourself."

"Oh you're very kind." Finé giggled a bit like a bashful school girl. "Well I'm the oldest of my family, two younger siblings, twin boy and girl, host of extended family. I'm a lover of the arts, usually theater, ballet, the symphony so I'm quite a patron. Izetta mentioned I'm terribly afraid of heights."

"She should mention she's a bit of a glutton, especially with sweets." Izetta added

"Aww you know how to tease me, no fair." she gave a gentle nudge to Izetta

Viridus
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 26, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Viridus » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:11 pm

The Rexileus had remained quiet in the hopes of not upsetting anyone, but he was getting rather bored. Even though his wife was at the event with him, he couldn't help but notice Dschamilla, Beautiful eyes he thought. He began to walk over to where King Ran was with his wife. "So... Lord Ran, what have you been up to lately?" The Rexileus asked hoping to start a conversation.
★ MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN ★

Pro: Capitalism, Conservatism, Nationalism, Pro-Life, Christianity, Southern Independence
Anti: Communism, Socialism, Anti-Americans, Globalists, Pro-Choice, Islam, BLM, Antifa, Fat Acceptance, Feminism, LGBT+

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:15 pm

Letheny wrote:"I don't know much about my own name. Sounds goofy, I know, but I guess it's not common for us Europeans to know what our names mean. All I know is that it's the Germanic version of the name 'Lucas', which probably dates back to something Roman." Luka said. He noted that Dschamilla seemed to notice him, and that she 'returned the favor.' "Oh, and - I assume you find this outfit rather 'flashy'. It's 'traditional wear', as European royalty dressed like this in the Victorian Era and early 20th century. It's an 'imperial' look, I suppose."

"An 'imperial' look?", Dschamilla asked with a smile, aware of the look Rexileus was giving her (someone for her dance card later), "Interesting, but not 'flashy'. Surely, both the Victorian Era and the early 20th Century are over, but that your people, your family, kept the look speaks of an interesting connection to that particular era. I know, that Letheny enjoyed a Golden Age, if you want to call it that, for the last century or so, so it's understandable." She giggled lightly. "If I were to appear period-appropriate for the Victorian Age, I would look very different, I must say, and accompany someone other then the Grand Vizier."
She smiled.
"But those are musings."
RPing in MT and PT.

Letheny
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Letheny » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:19 pm

Viridus wrote:The Rexileus had remained quiet in the hopes of not upsetting anyone, but he was getting rather bored. Even though his wife was at the event with him, he couldn't help but notice Dschamilla, Beautiful eyes he thought. He began to walk over to where King Ran was with his wife. "So... Lord Ran, what have you been up to lately?" The Rexileus asked hoping to start a conversation.

"The life of a monarch is rather quiet. I've been in a particularly good mood, which led up to the event you are now attending, Rexileus." King Ran said, holding a wine glass. "Anyways, I hope you're enjoying your time here. The event should begin rather soon, say...." Ran would look at his watch. "25 minutes."

Kyrenaia wrote:"An 'imperial' look?", Dschamilla asked with a smile, aware of the look Rexileus was giving her (someone for her dance card later), "Interesting, but not 'flashy'. Surely, both the Victorian Era and the early 20th Century are over, but that your people, your family, kept the look speaks of an interesting connection to that particular era. I know, that Letheny enjoyed a Golden Age, if you want to call it that, for the last century or so, so it's understandable." She giggled lightly. "If I were to appear period-appropriate for the Victorian Age, I would look very different, I must say, and accompany someone other then the Grand Vizier."
She smiled.
"But those are musings."

"Yeah, that- that's true, it was a long time ago. European monarchs have always been military leaders, so I suppose it's only fitting that we dress like this. I'm rather fond of dressing like this." Luka said. "Just look at my father's outfit, it's much more regal than mine."
Last edited by Letheny on Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Letheny is a MT nation
Colonial Empire
Doesn't use NS stats
News:

Viridus
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Viridus » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:30 pm

Letheny wrote:
Viridus wrote:The Rexileus had remained quiet in the hopes of not upsetting anyone, but he was getting rather bored. Even though his wife was at the event with him, he couldn't help but notice Dschamilla, Beautiful eyes he thought. He began to walk over to where King Ran was with his wife. "So... Lord Ran, what have you been up to lately?" The Rexileus asked hoping to start a conversation.

"The life of a monarch is rather quiet. I've been in a particularly good mood, which led up to the event you are now attending, Rexileus." King Ran said, holding a wine glass. "Anyways, I hope you're enjoying your time here. The event should begin rather soon, say...." Ran would look at his watch. "25 minutes."

"Yes... my gratitude Lord Ran I've had a wonderful time here so far and I'm excited for the main event to begin." The Rexileus began to walk away unsure of what to do now, he turned back towards Lord Ran, "Ah that is right, I forgot to ask, how is that boy of yours doing?"
Last edited by Viridus on Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pro: Capitalism, Conservatism, Nationalism, Pro-Life, Christianity, Southern Independence
Anti: Communism, Socialism, Anti-Americans, Globalists, Pro-Choice, Islam, BLM, Antifa, Fat Acceptance, Feminism, LGBT+

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:02 pm

Letheny wrote:"Yeah, that- that's true, it was a long time ago. European monarchs have always been military leaders, so I suppose it's only fitting that we dress like this. I'm rather fond of dressing like this." Luka said. "Just look at my father's outfit, it's much more regal than mine."

Dschamilla had to supress a snort in amusement - a bit vain, indeed.
Very much indeed. He sounded a bit as if he was playing dress-up.
Regardless, Dschamilla played along, looking to Luka's father, who was conversing with someone else at the moment. "Hm...", she made, thinking of other Kyrenaian Royals and their uniforms, most of which were gathering dust, as they preferred to not wear them at many occassions, Dschamilla included, and neither for a lack of ranks or medals, but for personal reasons. "Indeed he does. Give it time, Luka, and you'll have earned the right to wear more metal." She smiled. "Or you'll have to learn to appreciate a suit."
RPing in MT and PT.

Letheny
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Letheny » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:07 pm

"No way." Luka was aware he was being teased as he spoke. "European monarchs are supposed to dress flashy. Just be glad I'm not wearing some humongous, furry, and gaudy robe with a crown so big it could sink down over my eyes." He'd say, chuckling a bit. He'd clear his throat and quickly add in, "- not that I'd mind dressing like that."
Letheny is a MT nation
Colonial Empire
Doesn't use NS stats
News:

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:23 pm

Letheny wrote:"No way." Luka was aware he was being teased as he spoke. "European monarchs are supposed to dress flashy. Just be glad I'm not wearing some humongous, furry, and gaudy robe with a crown so big it could sink down over my eyes." He'd say, chuckling a bit. He'd clear his throat and quickly add in, "- not that I'd mind dressing like that."

Dschamilla giggled at the image of the dress he described, but quickly hid her grin behind her hand.
"I must admit, that it would look regal.", she said and smiled - despite his vainness, he had humour, one had to give him that! "No, I'm glad, that you're not wearing one of those outfits... they look like a hell on earth to move in, especially to dance in..." Hint, hint, nudge, nudge, she thought, thinking, that it must be clear, that she would like for him to ask her for a dance later tonight. "...but then again, maybe it's like with a suit of armour: When one, as an adult, begins to wear thirty kilograms of metal, one is stunned by how cumbersome the blasted thing is, but when one's used to it from childhood, chances are, that one can move in it as easily as if not wearing said suit of armour."
She let a beat pass.
"Until one meets the Tabardariyya with their axes and...", she shrugged, "...well, the end of that is not exactly something for such a beautiful evening."
RPing in MT and PT.

Xiaxal Xarn
Envoy

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Xiaxal Xarn » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:27 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:Al-Zahir nodded, smiling still, as the exchange of contact information was proposed - he wished for his nephew to grow and learn to be a Kyrenaian Prince one could look up to with pride and learning about the world was part of that. So, why not learn about the world from someone, who is part of the world and not from dusty old books?
Sadly, his nephew lacked business cards and even if he had them, his uncle wouldn't have them with him. He had, however, his internet contact information (read e-mail-adress) memorized, for exactly such an occassion.
They would come to it soon enough.
"Ah, the Nature of the Divine, the oldest question the wise have ever asked.", he said and nodded, "No need to be ashamed to not ask further then that, it is the greatest question of them all. Now, then, if you do not mind me asking, what is the conclusion the wise of Xiaxal Xarn came to?"

"Ah, a question that caused no little bloodshed in Xarn. So we believe in every God or Goddess that has ever been or ever will be, and believe they are reflections of the Divine, both the Light & the Dark. However we could never agree on what constituted Divinity. So Father our King after consultation gave a ruling. He decreed that Kings,Queens, Emperors & Empresses alone reflected Divinity upon the Earth as they alone were appointed to rule by the Divine.So they are in effect our version of Saints, though as they are but Flesh containing the Divine their words must be studied carefully for the Wisdom they may contain.
He further decreed that as man was of the creation he could contact the Divine themselves and so no Priests were needed any longer." She pauses considering how to phrase her next words, but honesty is at the core of every Xarnian " So we hunted them down and killed them all, it was a glorious year of hunting, and like all Xarnians the priests were warriors it was a glorious time, the last priest got to level three, less than a mile from safety. Since then no Priest has been or will be allowed into Xarn."

Letheny
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Letheny » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:32 pm

"Hey, well, knights were strong men. Soldiers always carry immense weight upon them - then, armour, now their backpacks...so then, I suppose you have a point. No wonder old monarchs sat on their thrones all day - those robes and crowns must've been too heavy to walk around for long in." Luka said. It was hard to tell if he took her hint, but he did seem interested in her.
Letheny is a MT nation
Colonial Empire
Doesn't use NS stats
News:

Viridus
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Viridus » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:57 pm

The Rexileus began to wander around the ballroom, he didn't want to speak to anyone in particular. There has to be a book around here somewhere! I wonder how Viridus is doing in my absence... The Rexileus approached one of the Lethen guards, "Sir is there a book about Cats... or a chess board somewhere in this palace?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates