NATION

PASSWORD

Winter's Aria

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Enfaru
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Winter's Aria

Postby Enfaru » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:54 pm

This is a Sovereign Charter role-play managed by The Trust. You can find more about the Winter's Aria on our Wiki. If you are interested in joining the Role-play, please consider joining the Sovereign Charter then contact Enfaru. Members of the role-play who have authority to remove posts are Asgareth, Auruum and Enfaru.
Winter's Aria
Chapter I: Moonshot

Auruum, it looked like it sounded, drenched in history, indulgent and distinctly goblin like. The country is famed for its thriving low stature black markets, each one as dark and as seedy as the next. The one thing they prized above all else was money and they were more than happy to scam candy from an unsuspecting baby. Goblins learned young that without wealth you were nothing in Auruum. What made Auruum such an interesting place wasn't that anything could be obtained within its borders, for that rang true for many nations within the Sovereign Charter, but that anything could be achieved. When the Goblins weren't busy plying their wares on any street they could find trying to turn one coin into two, they were busy crafting new wares, exploiting opportunities wherever they could see them and that meant blood, sweat, tears and fire. Dirty turbines fired up here and there belching out thick black smoke, strange contraptions took to the skies and streets, weapons were tested and clothes were fashioned. This was Auruum and these traits were precisely why it was chosen.

Agarthians and Farians were well known for the military and their technologies alike but neither could compare with their audacity to do things that no one else would even try. That was when the Kaija started to emerge more frequently from the East Iryllian seas, they selected Auruum for their back up plan. Nestled far to the south on the peninsula of the south pole it was far enough away from the events in the north and spying eyes to the west to get moving without any interference. No one questioned the tankers that stopped briefly in Nouvel Acadie or the Freight planes routed via Free Tuks, not a single Iryllian batted an eye lid when wares were shifted while a Kaija attack was underway or when personnel slipped from their sights only noticed a few weeks after the fact. Few could explain where they went or what they were doing only that they were well funded and well resourced and where that caused concern, palms were greased.

Nestled towards the north of Auruum along the flats, miles from many populated areas, convoys began to merge. Even in Auruum people questioned why a military complex needed to be positioned so far away from anyone else, no one could fathom that pure profit wasn't an immediate factor but one thing they did notice was it had a bottomless pit as far as resources were concerned, as fast as they could be delivered they were requisitioned. Goblins, Farians, Asgarthians were working and it was a strange sight to see the Faræ working alongside Goblins, tools in their hands grime on their faces but it wasn't such a long time ago that the Faræ did much the same but for much different reasons.

In the make shift town that had been crafted around the complex, the scene is just as lively and bustling as any other town in Auruum, just more people and more inns, taverns, bars and 'water houses'. Signs were plastered here and there, each vying for attention.
Last edited by Enfaru on Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sovereign Charter Quick Links
Factbook · Role-plays · RMB · Map (Origin | Quantum) · Chat · Members: 73
Myraxia: One does not learn to GM; One throws oneself in and prays they don't fuck up too badly.
Game Master
Founder of the Sovereign Charter,
4th President and,
Tutor of the College of Theatrics

Auruum
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auruum » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:00 am

Oh what a glorious day that was, When the Asgarethian and Farian leaders contacted the Trade-King and asked the Goblins for help with their project. As one could expect, Auruum was more than happy to lend a hand, at the slight cost of milking the moment for what it's worth. Two great nations of the Sovereign charter, Asking them for help.

Without too much concern, Auruum's finest minds came together and began drawing up theories and ideas that would soon become the foundation of the Ascendancy Cannon, As well as a few not so insignificant contributions to the actual ship that would soon be housed inside. Then the supplies started pouring in to the tundra, soon to follow were the Asgarethians and the Farians and the select few Goblins that were in the know. Any outsiders that were curious, mostly the vast majority of goblin citizens, were very easily dealt with, being given vast sums to insure silence, as well as a few death threats should they try to extort the state secret. Goblins were predictable in atleast that respect, often times far more easily swayed with a combination of money and self preservation, but few have been able to match their passion for the unknown and the hunger to not only seek out new roads, but to also capitalize on them.

While the three very different people worked together, The Goblins seemed to not only enjoy this new challenge, but thrive in it. Grease and Grime was their bread and butter, and with a project such as this, Those that were chosen to work on it were hard pressed to find a green skin who wasn't practically drooling as the project grew closer and closer to completion.

Being primarily subterranean, there was a few challenges when working with other people's. Much of Auruum's settlements and cities were actually built underground, leaving the surface riddled with exhaust pipes, vents, chimneys and the occasional ramp or VTOL hanger bay. When the humans showed up to work and live for some time, Above and below the surface around the cannon was littered with buildings and pathways, like a strange, half-buried ant hill.

Regardless, The little shanty town meant that workers had time off to relax, and that meant opportunity. As soon as the town's construction was ordered, small business sprouted up overnight and quite quickly a small black market grew. Due to the secrecy placed on the project as a whole, many reasoned that the worker's comfort was worth more than a few laws here and there. Now, here in this random town built around a random metal pit, in the middle of nowhere, one could still have access to anything and everything if they paid the right price. A sort of reminder that here in Auruum, even it's farthest reaches, profit of any kind could be made.

Of course, it wasn't exactly too well hidden, and any attempts to get the Goblin leaders to halt it were met with snickering and dismissal, this was Life here in Auruum. They'd just have to get used to it.
Proud Member of the Kakistocratic League and the NS Project

Asgareth
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 27, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Asgareth » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:25 am

As for as the Asgarthian contingent, resources had been pouring into Auruum for the past 9 months. Whilst many in Asgareth supported the Jaeger program, and indeed the best Jaeger pilots were Asgarthians, some felt it was a futile endeavour- and a massive waste of resources. When discussions between the Farians opened, support grew for another plan. Indeed, following the destruction of two Jaegers, many Asgarthians swiftly believed the Jaeger program could only hold off the threat for a little while longer.

The idea of a space program, one in which new worlds would be explored, excited certain members of the Asgarthian scientific community. They had heavily petitioned the Asgarthian government for funding, and eventually the government relented- largely thanks to the persuasion of the defence minister Rufus T. Perkins. Resources were swiftly dispatched to Auruum, and work began on selecting candidates.

Intending to achieve something of a military presence in space, the Asgarthian government initially pledged several military men. Upon rejection of a militaristic campaign, just one Asgarthian soldier would join the complement- a young private.

Another crew member unwillingly joined. A doctor had been negligent whilst treating the grandson of the Imperialli, resulting in his death. The doctor would have been executed, had it not been for the swift actions of Edgar W. Larkin, the former foreign minister, who persuaded the Imperialli to send him to space. Finally, an engineer- and brother of two Jaeger pilots- was selected to complete the Asgarthian crew. Whilst selection for the Asgarthian component of the crew had been long, and at times tedious, the higher ups were more than happy with their selections.

Mandrei ‘Yip’ Andronan had just arrived in Auruum five hours ago. After settling in to his temporary lodgings he had decided to check out the locals, and explore the town a little.

It had been 10 years since the goblins from Auruum had first emerged. Yip was only 11 at the time, and had found it impossible to contain his excitement. He always believed goblins were consigned to fictional bedtime stories. The idea that goblins actually walked the same earth, breathed the same air, drank the same water as him had made Yip very happy.

Now, Yip found himself in Auruum, living among the goblins. They were preparing to go off into space as part of a multi-national mission and Yip couldn’t wait to travel. He wasn’t particularly well-versed in it- indeed, the only two places he had ever been before coming here were Ibex and a brief stay at an inn in Iryllia- but he certainly couldn’t wait to explore space.

Yip was a soldier, or at least that was what the uniform told him. Yip found it difficult to class himself as a soldier, given the fact he hadn’t faced action. The closest he had come was during the Ibex campaign, but his unit were swiftly recalled when peace fell across the region.

As Yip walked through the shanty town, he came across a pub. Entering it, he immediately ordered a cider, and found a seat. The pub was rather empty, except for one man sprawled out across a table.

Pavori Olwarnan had been in Auruum for three weeks now. For the last two and a half, he had been inside the pub, either sleeping or drinking.

Pavori noticed Yip staring at him, and promptly walked over to him.
“I haven’t seen you around here before have I? The name’s Pavori. But you can call me Ori.”
“Hi Ori! I’m Yip. Just moved-“
“No… no… no…. that won’t do. Don’t call me Ori. Call me Pavori or I will cut off your tongue. Got it?”
“Sure… Pavori. So, I just moved here. I’m part of that new space mission thing. You hear about it?”
“Hear about it? It’s my ship isn’t!”
“It is?” Yip responded. “I thought it belonged to the goblins.”
“Well, it’s mine in a practical sense. Who sorts stuff out when the engines fail? Or when the reactor is too hot? Me! You can thank me later of course. Or now…. Say, fancy buying me a beer?”
Yip swiftly finished his cider, before moving towards the exit.
“Actually… sorry, but… I’ve got to go.”

Pavori huffed to himself. Typical. People were so rude these days. Only three people had bought him a beer in the two and a half weeks he had stayed in the pub. And of those, only one had said thank you afterwards.

As Pavori returned to his seat, he was called over by the barman, who informed him he had a letter for him. Taking it, Pavori walked back, and drank the rest of his beer. As he opened the letter, he recognised the handwriting- it was from his sister, Petra.

My dear brother Pavori,
News travels fast, and given the state of the Asgarthian Imperial Mail, I expect you have already heard that Ryla and I successfully took down a Kaija, by the name of Razor, but I still insist on telling you myself. The battle was a fierce one, and one in which we suffered severe losses. The deaths of the Iryllian crew are, regrettable losses, as are the two lost Jaegers. But this war cannot be won without sacrifice. Indeed, Ryla is doing her part. She is currently teetotal- albeit not through choice. The supreme command has decided all pilots should not engage in such dangerous behaviours, until such a time as the war has ended. As you would expect, Ryla took the news well, and has so far only been sanctioned once. I suppose it just goes to show that even with the alcoholic genes of our family, one can go without- perhaps there is a lesson in that for you as well? Nonetheless, both Ryla and I are doing well, and we eagerly await our next mission.

Your latest letter was rather brief, but you appear to be travelling somewhere soon. I do hope this letter reaches you in good time, before you depart to do whatever it is you do these days. And remember, you may have failed at life, but you will always be my big brother.
Petra

Pavori scowled to himself, before he scrunched up the piece of paper, and chucked it into his pocket.
“Pathetic!” he whispered. “She’s always got to be so perfect hasn’t she! Well, at least I won’t have to see her stupid face again.

Pavori rose, and stormed outside for the first time in over two weeks. As he ventured down the street, he managed to walk directly into a lamppost, causing him to fall over. A man rushed over to him…

“Well, well, well. What have we here then? Another drunk? Probably an Asgarthian. Ah, alcohol. The Imperialli’s poison.”
Doctor Torvil Wylinan bent down to examine Pavori.
“You feel okay? Anything hurt? Except your dignity, that is, because that just fell of the cliff.”
Pavori snapped out of his daze as soon as the doctor mentioned his dignity.
“My dignity is fine, thank you good sir. And did I just hear you insult my country? Asgareth is the finest country in the whole of Rusina, and it is certainly better than whatever cave you came from. What are you exactly? You’re not quite green enough to be one of them” he stated motioning towards the goblins. “So where are you from? Myraxia?”
“Hilcia.” The doctor responded

“Pertoni! I must apologise my good man. I didn’t realise I was being treated by a professional. You can’t trust the other doctors can you. They just aren’t as good as ours.”
Torvil chuckled. “Indeed. And I am the best of ours. Now, I really ought to check for a concussion, but in your state I doubt you will remember much anyway. So, go home. Sleep it off. See you around.”

As Pavori went one way, the doctor went another. Walking up the street, he felt oddly out of place. The goblins were all around him, and he couldn’t see many other normal people. Of course, most of the people here were here for one reason. A trip into space was, for many, a trip of a lifetime. Unfortunately for Torvil, he felt differently. He had no desire to go into space, and indeed the very thought made him nauseous. Torvil had been held responsible for the death of the Imperialli’s grandson two years ago, as a result of complications during surgery. The Imperialli acted rashly and demanded Torvil to be executed. Thankfully, Edgar W. Larkin, the former Foreign Minister, had rushed in to save Torvil and offered him a choice- execution, or space. Survival instincts kicked in, and Torvil found himself in Auruum.

Torvil had arrived in Auruum just over a month ago, and had been the first Asgarthian crew member to arrive. After arriving, Torvil had swiftly locked himself away, only coming out for groceries. Torvil preferred the company of books to humans, finding the latter to be irritating and often incredibly stupid.

Torvil arrived at his lodgings once more, and swiftly stepped inside, locking the door behind him. He sat down, and withdrew a cigar from his pocket. He expected there wouldn’t be a lot of time for smoking in space.
Former member of the Sovereign Charter 17.12.2015-10.03.2019; Former member of the Fourth Sovereign Charter 10.03.2019-14.07.2020;
Former wanderer in the wild 15.07.2020-11.01.2023;
Proud member of The Charter 11.01.2023-Present
Drekhi: Asgareth is not a place, it is a vintage

Auruum
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Auruum » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:02 am

In one of the many tunneled hallways leading from one of the bars, a television screen, often used for generic news broadcasts, had quite a crowd drawn to it. Mainly goblins but quite a few humans towered over them and joined in the cheering as they watched the latest Kaiju battle. A notable difference between Auruum and the rest of the world, The Goblins didn't seem to take the Kaiju threat as seriously as the others. With how far away Auruum was from the rift, very few Kaiju made their way south, and those that did were quickly met with Pimped out Goblin Jaegars. The Goblins broadcasted the fights like unscheduled, giant wrestling death-matches. On the screen right now was what appeared to be a very heavily upgraded mark 1 model Jaeger facing off against a Kaiju with four clawed arms. The tall and thin Kaiju having a difficulty fighting as the heavily armored fists of the stout and sturdy Jaeger punched a few fangs out of it's mouth, knocking the beast down to it's knees, The Jaeger quickly using this moment to grab the beast by the head and pull, the monster flailing wildly and clawing at the thick armor plates before it's head came free and the beast fell limp. The Crowd cheered, Among them one still grease stained Ryggit Copperbottom, his bright red hair styled up into a small mohawk. "Oh man I'm gonna miss watching Krash and Burnne kick Kaiju ass!" The younger Goblin said before he'd disperse with the crowd and head into the bar, bumping into a hulking hobgoblin that followed a rather well dressed Goblin speaking into a phone.

"Yes I understand the implications, but it doesn't matter what Sneed says or does, My Company is his, let him run it into the ground. The Principality will eventually see how useless he is and fix the problem, meanwhile, I will be in space, making even bigger bucks harvesting whatever we find and selling it. Trust me, I wouldn't have sold my company and traded in everything I owned to invest in this if I didn't have a good feeling about it. The Greater the Risk, the Greater the Reward! I gotta go." Kerrigan said before hanging up and pocketing the phone. "The Greater the Reward..." he repeated to himself with a smile before looking at the Hobgoblin following him. "C'mon Thunk, time to see how far my humble contribution has gone." And with that they made their way to one of the doors to the outside, to gaze upon what little of the Ascendancy Cannon was above the surface.

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:46 pm

The size of the Farian contingent in contrast to the Asgarthian, was but a drop in the metaphorical ocean. They arrived a cargo truck load at a time using equipment abandoned by the Myraxia military during the Red Snow incident. Dirty camouflaged trucks with canvas coverings actually didn't look too out of place though the Faræ inside had. They typically dressed in more flowing robes that were quickly dirtied and the fashion style quickly changed from looking not dissimilar to travelling monks but more to rangers as they began using thick straps to belt up the slack and almost all of them wore a particularly thick belt around their waist. Pulling up to the edge of the compound that had sprung up one such truck began to unload. Supplies of medicines, food and other specialized equipment began to offload along side a young woman with a striking head of dark green hair.

The noise was palpable, the Faræ had began to offload and disseminate their wares but still, she stood and looked around as if she were appraising the things that were happening here. In the distance, protruding from the mountain she could see a marvel of engineering stretching out following the curvature of the planet to maximize the efficiency. The Goblins of Auruum had for all intents and purposes completely fulfilled their end of the bargain around it had risen a small town that seemed to be growing by the day, if the smell was anything to go by and the Faræ had barely made a dent.

"Danna, heads up!" A heavy sack flew through the air tossed from the back of the truck. Deftly caught, albeit not without a step back, Danna waved and headed into the town merging with the throngs of the part Goblin part Asgarthian crowds. One could only wonder how much alcohol was running through these makeshift streets that considered of nothing more than flat sheets laid over half buried piping. As she walked, she quickly became aware that the street she was walking in was more of an over pass, the real town was beneath her as Goblins here and there descended into tunnels, ladders and stairwells into the mud. She got the distinct impression that this town was going to be here long after the project was completed...if the project actually ever got completed. For now, she had to find somewhere to rest as it was still a couple of days before she was due into the complex itself.

Hearing a loud cheer from beneath a grate, she peered down for a moment ad listened. From the sounds of things there was a television down there, broadcasting events from the northern hemisphere. The fight was continuing and Iryllia hadn't fallen yet. Many had began to believe that Iryllia would fall and if Iryllia fell Rusina would be hard pressed to resist them after Red Snow, Danna on the other hand had a more optimistic view feeling that while they would find it difficult, in the end they would survive and she believed that their endeavours up in the skies would help to thwart the Kaija below. She tore herself away, passed what seemed to be a monk of sorts offering solace to those who were currently on the rough end of this deal and walked into a bar of some kind. A slightly musty smell, dirt tramped in all the way to the bar, one drunkard had already passed out and an Asgarthian was nursing a beverage of some kind. Dropping her sack, Danna ordered herself a bottle of Sake, ice cold and proceeded to sit herself at the bar.
Myraxia: One does not learn to GM; One throws oneself in and prays they don't fuck up too badly.
Game Master
4th President and,

Asgareth
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Asgareth » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:09 am

After escaping from Pavori’s drunkenness, Yip made his way down the street. As he did, he couldn’t help but hear the loud cheers resonating from one of the bars. Entering it, he noticed a loud crowd beginning to break away. They had clearly just been watching something on television- and their sheer joy implied it was either sports or another jaeger victory.

After ordering a cider, Yip studied the bar cautiously. It was bustling with activity. Goblins and humans alike moved throughout the bar- though they rarely interacted with one another.

A well-dressed goblin spoke loudly into his phone, as he passed Yip. Yip turned around in time to see the back of a hulking hobgoblin follow him, and watched as a young red-haired goblin bumped into the hobgoblin. Yip laughed a little, before he rose and, drink in hand, approached the young goblin.
“Hey there. That was quite a bump you had. You feeling alright?” Yip asked, smiling. “The name’s Yip. Come here often?”

Meanwhile, Pavori had managed to stumble through the town, and looped straight back into the bar.
“Honey, I’m home. Another ale will do nicely.” he bellowed as he entered. As he approached the bar, he noticed a woman nursing a bottle of sake.
“What do you want? I ain’t got no money. Leave me alone.” He stated as he waited for the barman to pour his ale.

Walking away, Pavori almost managed to spill his drink over the woman. “Watch where you’re going” he stated at the stationary lady. Pavori made his way over to a table and promptly collapsed into the chair.

As for Torvil, after finishing his cigar, he had settled down for a nap. His nap was swiftly interrupted however, by the cheers of the crowd in the bar. Furious, Torvil stormed out and marched straight to the pub. Entering, he bellowed:
“WOULD YOU KEEP THE NOISE DOWN? SOME OF US ARE TRYING TO SLEEP! SOME OF YOU MAY HAVE NOTHING GOOD TO SHOW FOR YOUR LIVES, BUT THERE ARE THOSE OF US WHO ACTUALLY WORK FOR A LIVING.”
Still with the red-haired goblin, Yip couldn’t help but snigger slightly, causing Torvil’s attention to turn to him.
“IS SOMETHING FUNNY? ARE YOU FINDING THIS FUNNY BOY? DO I NEED TO TEACH YOU SOME RESPECT? YOU ASGARTHIANS ARE ALL THE SAME. A BUNCH OF DRUNKEN IDIOTS. THANK GOD I’M NOT ONE OF YOU ANYMORE.”
Torvil’s outburst had an unexpected reaction on Yip, who promptly turned red and burst out laughing.
“Oh my god! Thank you. You have made my day! Allow me to buy you a beer.” Yip responded, smiling at Torvil.
Torvil snapped back “I don’t partake in the Imperialli’s poison. I’ll have a lime and soda.”

Whilst Yip ordered, Torvil spoke to the red-haired goblin. “So, he a friend of yours?”
Former member of the Sovereign Charter 17.12.2015-10.03.2019; Former member of the Fourth Sovereign Charter 10.03.2019-14.07.2020;

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:41 pm

Torvil had no idea how close he had just come to having the ceramic bottle of Sake hurled into his head and perhaps that was for the best. The barman had been fairly chatty, even though Danna had offered very little in return but the expression across her face as Pavori bumbled into her ordering another ale while barely sober showed a surge of rage pulse through her. In fact she had just been about to use the bottle as some kind of bat around his head to get him to shut up for a moment had he not already found himself a chair to collapse into and then walked in Torvil. Her level of self control hit epic level as she poured herself more Sake. There was something familiar about Pavori, but she couldn't quite taste it.

The noise that they were making might not have suited other people, but after a long stony silent journey with nothing to talk to for hours on end, the hustle and bustle of the bar was a welcome relief and the changing tempo put her quickly at ease, dispersing her rage as quickly as it came.

Slipping in hardly noticed the monk that she had noticed tending to the beggars walked in, he kept himself to himself mostly. An older man, Faræ, she noted carefully and a little overweight but then most of the clergy were. Odd however that he didn't sport the usually iconography she was accustomed to. Speaking to a couple of other Faræ who had also made their way into the bar, they departed as quickly as they came leaving him surrounded by throngs of Goblins and Asgarthians. The pace had certainly picked up now what the Kaija incident was over. The third this month by her reckoning. He made his way to the bar, noted Danna's presence however briefly and then interrupted her conversation with the barkeep.

"Can you tell me where I can find a certain Copperbottom, I have business to discuss with him and very little time left with which to do it." There was a thick accent to his voice although he was still quite clear, there was a deep bass that seemed to vibrate the very air around him when he spoke.
As the suns hovered in the sky a black shadow crossed their rays, flying low but at high speed a Faræ aircraft was inbound giving the shanty town below a rather rude wake up call as it headed directly from the Ascendency Canon. Looking out of the window at what was going on below, a certain hooded figure only a glint of indigo as the sun reflected off a panel briefly. The figure turned away and paid more attention in the cabin. They had arrived and were preparing to land, banking the aircraft gave her a view of the full scale of the Ascendency Canon, the rounded barrel protruding into the sky and from her perspective she could see all of the equipment and infrastructure that supported this endeavour along with the supplies that were continuously flowing in.

"Ma'am, we're about to land, if I could ask you to active the harness?" A flight attendant spoke, nothing unusual there except for the stripe on her collar marking her as a military officer. A button was pressed and the harness activated. She was here to oversee the final preparations and make sure nothing happened to the Farian equipment that wasn't supposed to happen. After all, these were Asgarthians and with recent reports of another possible war on Rusina breaking out, they couldn't afford the chances with what limited resources and technology they had with them. Yet she also had other reasons for being here she quickly reminded herself. The aircraft banked again and she took a last look at the slums before it disappeared behind taller well constructed buildings. Yes. Other reasons.
Last edited by Enfaru on Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Game Master
4th President and,

Asgareth
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Asgareth » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:52 pm

Just a little backstory for Torvil, and to tide things over...

24 months ago
Palace de Esgar

It had been 3 years since the first Jaeger attack. Since then, countless civilians had perished, and a substantial number of Jaegers had been destroyed.

Asgareth had started this campaign with 3 Jaegers. However, within the 3 years, 2 had fallen, leaving just Potelia. Another Jaeger was busy being built, but it would not be ready for a couple of years, and the Asgarthian government desperately sought another solution.

Their solution was to venture into space. Realising they lacked the materials to launch a mission on their own, they began talks with the Farians and the goblins from Auruum.

These talks finally came to a head at a conference held at Palace de Esgar. Edgar W. Larkin had invited delegates from both nations to attend in order to discuss the potential space mission. Asgareth aimed for a militaristic campaign in space, but Edgar was certain no one else would agree.

Edgar was sat the head of a table in the Great Hall, drinking an Asgarthian ale, when his aide walked in.
“Mr.Larkin, sir? The delegates are here.”
“Send them in Tomiz”

15 months ago

The Imperial Hospital Asgar

Torvil’s heart raced as he entered the almost deserted waiting room. The presence of the Imperialli’s first son and his wife had meant the rest of the sick, injured and dying had been moved into the basement- much to their dismay. As Torvil approached, Edward Ross stood.
“Well?”
“He’s gone.” Torvil murmured, his face pale.
“Excuse me?” Edward stated, believing he had misheard.
“He’s gone.” Torvil stated.
“Gone? What do you mean gone!” Edward Ross stated. “You said he was fine!” The boy’s mother began to cry, and Torvil spoke.
“I’m sorry. We did all we could. The wound… it became infected. It spread so quickly.”
Edward looked from Torvil, to his wife, who was sobbing away.
“Take my wife back to our house. I must inform my father.” Edward waited until his wife left the room before turning back to Torvil.
“You piece of” Edward threw his fist into Torvil’s face. “You killed my boy!” he yelled, as he threw another punch. Torvil attempted to defend himself, and launched a quick punch at Edward. All this did was cause the police officers nearby to charge at Torvil and pin him down…

Palace de Esgar

“Under the powers provided to me, I sentence you, Torvil Wylinan, to be taken from this place, imprisoned till dawn, and then taken out and shot in the kneecaps. Once you fall, one final shot shall be fired at your head. I take from you your Asgarthian citizenship, and the citizenship of your next of kin, and banish them.” The Imperialli stopped speaking, as Edgar W. Larkin whispered something into his ear. The pair left the courtroom, and continued speaking outside.

“Well? What did you drag me outside for? I want to witness this man die!”
Edgar replied “I understand Imperialli. But, I believe I have a more fitting punishment for this man. You have, I assume heard about that new spaceship we are building, with a little help from the Farians and goblins?”
“Naturally. Goblin money, Farian science and our good charm.” The Imperialli responded.
“Exactly. And you know how we are still annoyed at the Farians for prohibiting military action? How about we send an inept doctor, so that the mission ultimately fails?”
The Imperialli brewed on this for a moment. “Screw over the goblins and the Farians? And banish the doctor to space? Yes. That will do.”

The pair re-entered the room, and the Imperialli spoke once more.
“On second thoughts, and with the revocation of your citizenship being irreversible, I banish you from this land, and send you to join the space crew on board the Winter’s Aria. You shall redeem your sins by saving Asgarth-kind.”

Torvil looked from the Imperialli, to Edgar, before he was dragged away by the armed guard next to him.

Codename: Classified

Somewhere in Asgareth, a building was dedicated to training potential crew members. 1400 men were selected to partake in the training exercises over an 18 month period. On offer, one of three exclusive places on the crew of the Winter’s Aria. Following Torvil’s arrival, the number of spots on offer fell to two. Naturally, this did not make Torvil very popular. Whilst training he was often subject to physical violence and mental torment. Torvil kept to himself, as much as possible. He was a well-known figure, as a result of the trial, and was nicknamed murderer by his potential companions.

14 months after the trial, Torvil opted to leave for Auruum a month earlier than planned, so as to avoid any more torment. Leaving Asgareth for the last time, Torvil packed light, and arrived in Auruum within the day.
Last edited by Asgareth on Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Auruum
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Auruum » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:51 pm

(Apologies for the wait, been busy and had to strangle my muse for this one)

Ryggit seemed to be very popular as soon as the Hobgoblin brushed past him, Between some Asgari soldier accompanying him inside, to some other Asgari screaming about not being an' Asgari...or something.

Ryg just ran his fingers through his red hair with a chuckle. "Never met him before in my life. Good Luck with the whole..." He made a vague gesture, likely trying to convey 'Whatever your doing' at Torvil "...Thing." Ryg said before he rested a large Wrench he was carrying on his shoulder and making his way to the bar to order a drink and relax, spending all day working in the Ship and making sure everything was in working order. That is, Until someone else decided to bother with him.

The Young engineer closed his eyes. So close. He turned to find the source of the voice that was asking about him. "What? You've business with me? What for?" He asked, trying to put the man's face to a name, and possibly remember if he agreed to sell something to this man or not.

Asgareth
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Asgareth » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:52 am

Torvil had been rather insulted, with how swiftly Ryggit had brushed him off.
“Stupid goblins.” He muttered, just loud enough for nearby goblins to hear.

In the meantime, Yip had returned with Torvil’s drink. “Hey, where’s our red-headed friend gone?”
Torvil merely shrugged, before reaching out and grabbing his lime and soda. Yip smiled as he took a seat, and took a sip of cider, before he spoke. “So what’s your story? What’s with all this anti-Asgarthian propaganda? You an Iryllian?”

Torvil let out a hearty chuckle. “No! Of course not.” He breathed heavily, before continuing. “I was an Asgarthian… once. That is until your corrupt government threw me out because of a mistake!”
Yip looked up curiously. “What sort of mistake? Must have been pretty big to end up here.”
“Eh. Minor in the scheme of things. A little mistake that killed the grandson of the Imperialli.”
Yip’s expression turned to excitement. “YOU’RE THE ONE THAT KILLED EDWARD ROSS?”
“Shhhhhh.” Torvil whispered. “You don’t know who is around.”

“Oh, sorry. But you killed him?” Yip asked.
“Yes.” Torvil replied. “And I wish I’d done it sooner.”
Yip laughed. “Oh man! You’re a hero where I’m from! We all loved seeing the reaction of the Imperialli!”
“Really?” asked Torvil.
“Oh yes. The whole armed forces love you.”
“The army hates the Imperialli?”
“Well, we certainly hate the stupid puppet government we have. And the Myraxian’s who installed it. Asgareth will be much nicer once they’re got rid off!”

Torvil laughed once more. “So, you’re an army boy? Been anyway exotic?”
“No, not yet. Furthest I’ve been is Iryllia, and that was on holiday. I almost made it to Meridia once though.”
“Almost?” Torvil asked quizzingly.
“Our ship got turned around about 10 miles off the coast. Pity, if you ask me. I wanted to have my first kill.”
“Wait, you’ve never killed a man?”
“Nope. In truth, I’ve only ever fired a gun in training.” Yip stated.
“And you’re meant to be part of our security forces?” Torvil chuckled. “Looks like the medical staff already have a better kill ratio.”
Yip looked solemn for a moment, before putting on a smile. “So, you a cards man?”

Pavori had been sat in his chair for over 40 minutes, hardly moving. A disinterested onlooker might have thought he was dead. Slowly, he drifted towards sleep, with his head gradually falling onto the table. He was swiftly awoken by someone shaking him.
“Five more minutes mum” Pavori grumbled, as he turned to look at who had shaken him. Facing him was the barman. “Oh hi… er… what’s your name pal? I’ve never been too good with names, y’know? Once called my boss mum, by accident.”

The barman’s stony silence just encouraged Pavori to continue rambling. “Course, my mum was never too good with names either, much. Used to get me and my sisters confused all the time. You know, one time I was out in Pertoni for the weekend, and my mum called me up and asked what I did with the rum the night before! Course, I wasn’t there the night before, turned out to be my sister, Ryla. You’d like Ryla mate. Loves her drink. So anyway, I tell my mum I had no idea, and she starts yelling at me, saying how…” Pavori’s attention was grabbed by a waitress, as she brought an interesting concoction to a pair of goblins. “Ooh, what they drinking mate? I think I’ll have some of that.”

The barman continued to stare directly at Pavori. “I think you’ve had more than enough. Perhaps you ought to leave.”
Pavori laughed. “Oh come now, gentle bartender. What harm have I brought you? Are we not friends?”

Before he could react, the barman threw Pavori off his seat, and dragged him outside. Pavori continued laughing happily. That is, until he hit the cold pavement outside. “Owww.” Pavori moaned.

Yip and Torvil paused their game to watch the commotion. Once Pavori was outside, Torvil turned to Yip.
“He’s one of your lot, you know? I met him earlier today. He was drunk back then… I wonder how he is now.” Torvil chuckled.
“You’ve met him? ‘parently he’s on the crew too. Engineer, I believe. At least, that’s what he told me when I bumped into him earlier.” Yip replied
“Ah, you know him too? From what I’ve pieced together, he’s one of the Olwarnan’s.”
“The jaeger pilots?” Yip asked.
“Their brother I believe. Say, did you see that last fight against Razor? Boy, that was fun!”
“Oh man! Potelia really bailed them out! What was it? 2 jaegers destroyed? And the Iryllians biting the dust. Perfect!”
Torvil laughed. “Say, another round?”

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:27 pm

The barkeep merely nodded in response to the monk's query having returned from throwing Pavori out, wondering why he seemed to smell like he belonged in the bar even though he hadn't...yet, touched a drop of alcohol. The direction of his nod indicated a Goblin nursing a drink, easily noticeable for his stylish red mohawk. Covered in grease from a days work and looking not so much different than he had... well, that was for another time. Making his way through the crowd towards the table the monk smiled, the curious gaze on the goblin's face as if he'd forgotten whether he had ordered a round yet and was trying to see whether it was his turn. Nothing rang more true than a Goblin trying to make every coin count.

"Ryggit Copperbottom." The man said at last stand before him opposite the table, "We meet again." For a Faræ the monk was short, but in amongst present company quite sizeable if a little much around the girth as well, "May I...?" A hand gestured to a nearby chair.

The tempo of the bar had been increasing, the thunderous roar overhead had barely gone noticed, why would it, after all it happened every day flights in and out of the compound. All anyone really cared about was whether they would venture into the town to buy something. People streamed to the bar and it seemed as though the barkeep would never stop pulling draughts for patrons.

---

By the point that Pavori had been thrown out, Danna had decided there was too much socializing going on in the bar for her comfort. No room to ask for information, no time to think and so she had stepped outside to collect her thoughts and maybe try another bar. That was until Pavori landed at her feet having been thrown by the surprisingly strong barkeep. The mud splashed over her clothing, but that was far from the first time of that happening. Still, that didn't stop her from swinging her leg back, ramping up for a kick in the head.

"Pavori Olwarnan." A loud voice, a pair of oversized Goblins dressed in uncharacteristically smart uniforms who held themselves with some bearing, made her look up distracting her from the kick. They looked quite imposing, military types, probably from the compound but what would they be doing all the way out here? They certainly didn't sound like they were off duty.
Game Master
4th President and,

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:09 pm

Three years or six months ago

The trees were as thick and gnarly as they ever were, the steel blue leaves rustling in the morning mountain breeze and birds calling with their high pitch clicks to greet the new morning sung amongst the canopy. Disrupted only by the artificial glades here and there the Forest of Benar was easily one of the more remote. Even owing to their environments unique properties, this forest took some time getting to and even when you did, finding your way through was nigh impossible and yet it was needed. The Forest of Benar was not only extremely fertile but it was also the closest to the stars and rich in energy that the Faræ needed to live their lives. Water holes like this unfortunately were more problematic than the morning tranquillity revealed. Wild beats, quick, cunning and very territorial roamed these forests and consumed pretty much anything especially if it was rich liquid Mabalt and such was their technology.

Thundering along, darting through the forestry was the only real defence the Faræ had against the forest to both prevent the forest from swallowing the Farian structures, dressed in forest green and slate blue armour, riding aback what could only be described as an oversized pine marten, a glint of blue fire lit the way just slightly ahead, revealed to be the primary hunting weapon of choice, a glaive of sorts. It took only a matter of moments for the entire staff and head to begin glowing a moment for the beast to slow and another moment for the glaive to near explode sending a white hot blast darting into the darkness. Even before the howl had erupted the rider and mount darted to perpendicular to their direction of travel, a rustle of the auburn bushes and they were gone into the thick.

When they emerged from the forest, not out of the area but rather to natural hilly mound bare of trees, half a day had passed and they were already looking as though they could do with a warm bath even if they were yet to show any signs of fatigue. Getting to the top of the mound they surveyed the landscape. Novu Aeru floated in the distance. It had been designed to be a floating minimalist structure with clear space but that had been a long time ago now. Now Novu Aeru was a mesh of intricately and interwoven streets and corridors, going through Novu Aeru now was an exercise in agility. Even Centa the very middle of the orb as it had become to be known, where the wealth and power of Enfaru met was not immune to that. It almost looked like a small moon. The rider took a long glance around from horizon to horizon before dismounting, petting the beasts head and took off her helmet.

This was Danna and this was effectively her territory with the shining fields of silver light here or there throughout the forest as her farms and the domed structure further a field as her home. In reality it was one of the many nexus points to harvest the gathered energy and repurpose it to be sent to Novu Aeru. Taking a moment to fiddle were the sacks on the beast she pulled out a skin of water, took a sip for herself and offered the majority to the beast who took it quite willingly showing ample deftness with its front paws to be able to take its own drinks. Danna in the meantime fiddled with another sack, pulling out a small box. It was filled with the samples she had been collecting and from the notes she was flicking through more than one observation was on the go.

A sudden snap of a twig stopped her, she hurriedly packed everything away and mounted her beast.

Two years or nine months ago - Novu Aeru

One man flew back first out of a window, the second head first out of a door of a modest building near the upper chord. From the doorway as the two scrambled into the street, they looked like they were uniformed of sorts, emerged a certain Danna dressed in less outdoors attire this time a feather in her hair and blue make up over her face and a medal of sorts across her chest, "If you knew who I was you wouldn't keep coming around pestering my family. If you know what's good for you, you'll leave and you shall not return." The two men stood, it didn't look like they were quite ready to give up just yet, whatever it was that they were after it looked like it was pretty important to them. Danna turned around to go back inside.

"Miss, we are with the Centa Regula. We have the authority to enter this building and bring..." Danna grabbed a nearby broom and stuffed the bristles in his mouth before he could finish his sentence.

"Leave now while you're in my good graces." Unfortunately, the invitation didn't take as the other circled around her, sweeping his legs from under him and punching the other in the centre of the face as he'd attempted to grab her took her about as much effort as opening a door. She dusted her dress uniform off as an official escorted by six Imperial College soldiers circled around, the commotion having quickly been reported. Violence wasn't a trait the Faræ were known for since the cataclysm nor were they know for their over zealous procedure skipping enforcement either.

Danna found herself quickly surrounded but for some reason didn't look in least bit concerned. The official on the other hand began speaking with the two men declaring themselves as part of the Centa Regular.

"Why are you guys here anyway?"

"We were instructed to find Ibretith Mu'un Danna and issue her with this." The man presented a small envelope, marked with a seal that everyone recognized. It was the seal of the Silver Court, in other words it was in this case likely to be an Administrative letter from the military.

"And why didn't you give it to her?"

"We haven't found her yet."

"Not one for research?"

"What do you mean?" The official let out an exasperated sigh and moved on he had other questions.

"So when you came to this house, did you identify yourselves?"

"Several times sir."

"And...?"

"As you can see sir she assaulted us."

"Did you say why you were here?"

"That we needed to see Ibretith Danna..." The official started taking notes at this point, whether he was actually taking notes was debatable but it certainly made the men start looking a bit sharper.

"And..."

"This woman here said she couldn't say."

"And..."

"We demanded to search the property."

"And..."

"The woman refused."

"So you entered the property anyway."

"Yes sir we have to find Ibretith Danna and issue her with this envelope."

"So you didn't actually say what you were doing here and you entered a property without a legal warrant."

"Begging your pardon sir but we don't need no war-"

"Normally, with this in your possession when looking for a member of the military...no. Tell me, is Ibretith Mu'un Danna part of the military." Looking at each other like two lost sheep, in the fog, they didn't answer, "Do you even know who this woman is?" They shook their heads, "Ayaiai..." He couldn't quite believe what he was hearing.

"Ranger Ibretith, I hereby discharge you of all grounds." In response Danna raised an eyebrow, stepped forwards out of the encirclement, took the orders and departed down the pathway.

"You're lucky you know." The official commented, "She only broke your nose. I don't know another Ranger that would have let you walk away from here." Still he mused, as the men were led away leaving the official to his own devices. Danna could have handled that a lot better. Stroking his beard he smiled and walked into the house that Danna had left quite unlocked.
Game Master
4th President and,

Asgareth
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Asgareth » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:50 am

Lying unconscious on the grounds, Pavori began to stir as he heard his name mentioned.
“5 more minutes mum.” He mumbled, before his name was barked back at him, causing him to jolt awake. “Huh? Wasyougunnodo? Wanna fight?” Pavori mumbled as he scanned the floor, looking for who was talking to him.”
“Up here Mr. Olwarnan.”
Pavori rolled over, and looked directly up. Before him he saw two small creatures, dressed as soldiers.
“Oooh. What have we here? Couple of kids playing soldiers? Halloween or something? Hey, don’t I know you? You’re Tirnin right? Redroc’s kid?” he stated, believing the goblin to be a human child.
The goblins glared at each other for a moment, in confusion, before one replied. “I think you’d better come with us.”
Pavori shrugged as he began to rise. “Well okay Tirnin. But you’re buying!”
As the two goblins led Pavori away, he began to hum merrily to himself.

Torvil and Yip continued talking to each other, as the commotion occurred outside.
“So how come you don’t drink Tor?” Yip asked
“You know how it is. You start with one ale, then another. Before you know it you’ve had seven ales, thirteen shots of whiskey, eight rum and cokes, and a few dirties to get you on your way. Plus your head and bank both hurt the morning after.”
Yip laughed. “But you’re never tempted? You don’t fancy a glass of wine at dinner, or a cider on a summer’s night?”
Torvil shook his head. “Nah. There are better things to do than drink.” He motioned over towards the monk and red-haired goblin. “How much do you want to bet I can get those two to fight in here?”
Yip laughed once more. “A monk and a goblin? 10 Stars.”
“Hmm… I was thinking more a hundred?”
“A hundred!” Yip yelled. “Do I look like I have a hundred lying around? Army pay isn’t that good, y’know. How’s Fifty?”
“Done” Torvil stated as he rose, and began the long walk over to the pair.

As he drew near, he recognised Ryggit.
“Hey buddy! How’d you and your friend like to win some money? All I need you to do is fight…”

Pavori swiftly found himself in a dull white office in the compound. Whilst he had initially been seated, he had managed to fall down. Sitting on the ground, Pavori began to talk to himself, rather erratically.
“Who do these goblins think they are? Bringing me here! And where’s Tirnin got to? I want my beer! Those goblins better not have done anything to him! I'll tear em apart from the inside!”

Pavori paused, as he heard the sound of footsteps coming closer. The door opened, and Pavori studied the new entry with caution.

Auruum
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Auruum » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:10 pm

Ryg just half heartedly gestured to the stool. "I'm fine, mind remindin' me what sort o' business we had, Mister...?" He trailed off towards the monk. All he wanted was a relaxing drink, contrary to popular belief, building a giant gun and ship that was to be shot out of it wasn't exactly an easy chore, All Six Trade-Princes threw quite a large sum of money at this project and the Goblins were hard pressed to succeed and make it all worth it. The last thing anyone wanted was a witch hunt to find the one goblin responsible for a half-assed job setting up the electromagnetic rail-coils. So a long day of hard work crawling through tight spaces in between all that clockwork and machinery and making sure everything was in place, while fun for the Engineer whose passion was technology, Even fun can be exhausting.

And yet the Goblin would be no closer to getting a drink with all of these Asgarethi stumbling around and trying to pick fights. Once more the Goblin tried to order a drink but before he could even grab the Barkeep's attention, Torvil returned and offered him and the Monk a chance to win some cash. "By the Bank...." He sighed before turning around to face Tor. "No offense, Mate, but you'll be hard pressed to find a Gob who'll fall for that scam. Learned that one before I even learned my ABCs..."

It was almost adorable, the Attempt to get Ryg and the monk to fight, so Tor could pay them each a fraction of his own actual winnings. Quite a few of the Goblins in the room who were nearby gave a chuckle at the human who thought he could fool a Goblin.

Meanwhile.

Kerrigan smirked and admired the Ascendency Cannon, his Hobgoblin, Thunk, standing behind him like a good bodyguard. Kerrigan was almost sad, Thunk wouldn't be around much longer, he'd be sold off to his new owners, Leaving Kerrigan well and truly on his own with nothing but his name. He had started from nothing and created a small financial empire, and sold it all for an even bigger prize that might not even exist. If nothing else, he'd figure out a way to win it all back, or make a new empire. Up there, the possibilities would be endless.

Just then his Phone buzzed with a quick message and a picture. Apparently some Farian big wig had just arrived via helipad that had little to do with the construction of the project, but was indeed a member of the crew. Kerrigan hummed to himself with a smirk, Never too early to make a few friends, create a few connections. It didn't take too long before Kerrigan walked into the bar that seemed so popular in this little settlement, eventually finding the Ranger Danna sitting alone.

"Um Excuse me?" He cleared his throats trying to get her attention, before throwing his hand out to shake "Kerrigan Goldstep, at your service! I understand you are a member of the crew once we get the ship into space? I represent Auruum's financial interests in space and the project's Success. I've fully invested myself into the Winter's Aria and would certainly like to show you around, that is, if you don't mind..."

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:52 am

The two Goblins didn't look as though they were in the mood for games, their temperament and gait told her all she needed to know, these weren't run of the mill grunts. The insignia they bore was the same as those stamped all over the crates the Faræ were delivering lately. There was only one place they could be from as they hauled Pavori out of the mud. Danna stood momentarily a hand on her hip as they walked away with the drunkard and a frown passed over her face. A glance to another Inn as she thought about ignoring the situation but unfortunately, history got the better of her. Turning her head back sharply, her dark green hair shone in the light.

"Sylph be blessed, what has 'Ori-tae gotten himself into this time." They hadn't gotten far but she throngs of people meant they were almost out of sight. The young woman began to follow deftly moving through the crowd to keep up while still looking like she was shopping. She followed them all the way to the gates of the compound and that was where, for the moment she stopped as they passed through the checkpoints. It looked like everyone had some input in the defensive contingent here. Some were Faræ others Asgarthian and of course Goblins, behind them and the high walls the vast compound stretched out. It wasn't just one or two buildings either, there were many and there were guards everywhere. It didn't look so much as like they were heavily fortified, there were no towers, but enough to keep things protected and moving. Workers could been emerging from their shifts at a smaller entrance further down, there were a couple of guards though they did look rather bored.

Danna approached the gate now that Ori and the guards were inside.

"Ma'am can I see your ID?" One of the Asgarthians spoke up rather suddenly as she was hoping to just walk past him through the concrete gateway as the barrier came down. Danna reached into her pocket and pulled out a card supplied to her for this exercise. Carrying around ID wasn't something that was really done in Enfaru, reputation alone was often enough to get by even none notable individuals not that everyone knew each other, it was an approach of responsibility that the Faræ used that made ID cards almost redundant and few people were restricted from going into most places, "And your entry permit please?" That was something she didn't have yet. She patted herself down and made a gesture for leniency.

"Sorry, I seem to have left it behind."

"Well go and get it then." Danna backed off and back into the crowd for moment. The pass card was something she'd need to get a hold of, but she didn't have the time for that, no she needed to find out what Ori had gotten himself into. A shrill bell rang and she had an idea, she took off down an alleyway. There wasn't much time if she wanted to pull this off. It wasn't as though she looked the part either but then perhaps that wouldn't matter, what mattered was that she was in the right place at the right time. Danna emerged from the alleyway her clothes dirtier than they were before thanks to the mud splashes and quickly found herself in amidst a swarm of people coming from every direction, pushing her along and sweeping her into the compound without so much as a "by your leave". The guards of course, like they did everyone else, ignored her, they were no doubt supposed to be checking ID cards or some such but like always that was a chore and if you were doing every day, some days you felt you knew everyone and just waived them through. Thank the Sylph for managers who cared little for an engaged workforce. Not that it really matter this far from civilization she guessed. Ahead of her was the now rather oversized Ascendency Cannon, but surely they wouldn't be taking Ori to that would they? Probably not. She broke off from the workers, falling behind them and heading towards the last known sighting of the older man.

Her tracking skills were good, but against concrete flooring, it was a little hard, thankfully he and the guards were trailing fresh mud into the compound and that gave her something to go on, at least until that ran out, but that gave her a good idea of which building he had been taken into. The one that needed a passcode or a fob to get through the doors. Of course. The first thing she did was look for open windows but like a good secure building the windows didn't look like any of them opened up never mind having been left open. No side unlocked side doors, no unlocked manhole covers for maintenance shafts. For a building already guarded looks like they weren't slouching.

"Looks like Olwarnan has been dragged in again." Voices. Danna froze, they were coming closer, a decision and she dashed around the side of the building.

"Yeah, drunk as usual."

"Do you know why?"

"Nah, I think he's been slacking again. Must be serious this time though, they've taken him up to the second floor." They laughed and walked past a rather relieved pressed up against the wall Danna without looking back. Still, she didn't know how to get in. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed a set of maintenance ladders and a smile spread across her face. Getting in now was just a small matter, all buildings had weaknesses after all and all buildings needed air.

Sitting in an air vent, Danna began listening as the door to the room holding Ori opened up.

Back at the Inn

Salyu'n sat, "Aside from the Silver Mask you owe me? Well I suppose we do have more pressing business." After all that was what Goblins were all about and Ryggit Copperbottom was no different and few things jogged their memory than a old and profitable deal, "We were..." at which point they were a little interrupted by Torvil. A man that Salyu'n was immediately starting to think was a trouble causer than a problem solver. Salyu'n allowed them to conduct their business after all he'd waited this long, he could wait a little longer.
Game Master
4th President and,

Asgareth
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Asgareth » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:24 pm

A man in a dark suit entered the room. Pavori eyed him cautiously, as he smiled.
“Mr Olwarnan! I do hope our little friends didn’t hurt you. They’re… erm… an unfortunate side effect of this exciting new mission.”
Pavori continued to glare at the man, as he spoke.
“Oh, where are my manners? My name is… well, my name is classified. But you can call me Mr. Blue.”
Pavori chuckled. “Mr Blue? What kind of a name is that? Is Mr. Yellow waiting outside for me as well?”
Mr Blue ignored the question, changing the subject entirely. “So, Mr Olwarnan. Your file indicates you arrived in the compound three weeks ago. In that time, you have done… 3 hours work. You have been flagged up on multiple occasions by your supervisor, and his supervisor. But clearly, those punishments have been ineffective, judging by the state of you.”
Pavori began to complain, but Blue swiftly shut him down.
“Yes, indeed you have hence far failed in your objectives. Perhaps a reminder of why you are here is due? Yes. 3 weeks confinement to the compound perhaps? You’ll be able to get plenty of work done. Who knows, maybe it won’t be so long if you get that damn ship working!”

Blue left the room, leaving Pavori to share a few expletives. Almost immediately, the guard outside opened the door again, and spoke to Pavori
"Well, get to the lab. Hurry up!"

Meanwhile, following his failure to persuade the monk and goblin to fight, Torvil had swiftly slipped away from the bar so as to avoid paying Yip. Immediately entering the streets, he decided to head up to the compound and check out the Aria. After walking quite a distance he found himself at the gates of the compound. In front, a series of checkpoints had been set up, and Torvil approached with caution.

“Excuse me?” he stated to the Asgarthian before him.
“I.D.?” the Asgarthian grumbled.
“I.D.? Oh… I… er… I appear to have… Oh no! Here it is!” He handed over his license, which the guard examined closely.
“Torvil Wylinan, Doctor” The guard read. “Aged 58. Place of birth… Hilcia! Me too man! Nationality… well, naturally Asgarthi-… wait, why does it say not applicable?”
Torvil cleared his throat before speaking. “Ah, well… I’m exiled.”
“Exiled! What do you mean exiled!” the guard stated.
“Yes… the Asgarthian schooling system never was too good. I mean I was kicked out of Asgareth, never to return and my citizenship renounced.”

The guard continued to study Torvil, before he spoke. “Well, I guess you’d better go in… child killer.” He muttered the last two words, just loud enough for Torvil to catch. In response, Torvil muttered back
“Primti Esgerthi” (Primitive Asgarthian)

Torvil walked into the compound, and immediately overheard loud voices coming closer
“Stupid Olwarnan! We need him to be in fit condition for the lift off!”
“Don’t sweat it! ‘pparently Blue is talking with him now.”
“Ouch. Reckon Pavori will come out alive?”
“Unfortunately, we kinda need him too. Without him, this ship ain’t going anywhere.”

Inside the bar, Yip slowly began to wonder where Torvil had gone. He finished his cider, before he walked over to the barman.
“Hey, you don’t know where that old man I was talking to has gone do you?” he asked.
“Nah. Sorry dude. Haven’t seen him for over an hour. Could always ask that red-haired goblin though. I believe he was the last guy I saw him with.”
Yip nodded in thanks, before heading over to Ryggit. He immediately interrupted the conversation with Salyu'n.
“Hey buddy… remember me? Say, you didn’t see what happened to that old man I was talking to, did you?”
Last edited by Asgareth on Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:30 pm

They had barely just started their conversation and already they were being interrupted yet again. This time by the young Asgarthian soldier who from what Salyu'n noted had been in the bar since his arrival. Talking to the other Asgarthian, the one with the rather peculiar attitude. Thinking about it for a moment, he wondered whether he should in fact tell this young man where he had gone. Why send someone after a wastrel, when they had untapped potential under their belt. Of course, he glanced back to Copperbottom and he was beginning to get a distinct impression that his business wouldn't be concluded today at any rate.

"Ryggit, we shall discuss the matter of the books later. I think I have a more interesting priority to deal with right now." He placed a couple of coins on the table, "Have a drink on me." At which point he turned to Yip, "I think I know where he might have gone." After all, a scam artist after a failed scam always returned their place of safety. Getting up and walking towards the door he turned back, beckoned for Yip to follow and left the bar into the muddy streets of the slums.

Once out he turned his gaze towards the Ascendency Cannon, time was certainly getting on now, easily mid afternoon, the clouds were already beginning to darken and various lights around the cannon began to flicker on as work carried on at a breakneck pace. It wasn't good for the soul all of the long hours the workers were putting in but with the Kaiju threat growing the window of opportunity was beginning to close.
Game Master
4th President and,

Asgareth
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Asgareth » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:57 pm

If Yip had been surprised at the lack of a response from Ryggit, he was even more surprised at the eagerness of Salyu’n to help.

He gave a curt nod in the direction of Ryggit, before following Salyu’n outside of the bar. Yip was surprised at how dark it appeared to be, given the time of day. Turning to Salyu’n he eagerly broke into a swift conversation.
“So you’re a Farian? Neat. Asgarthian here. Ever been? To Asgareth, I mean?” he smiled. “Nah, I expect you haven’t. You guys don’t really like our type, do you? So, you here for the Aria? What do you do? I’m a soldier… sorry, security officer. You looking forward to space? I sure am!”
Yip finally stopped talking, allowing Salyu’n to speak.

Meanwhile, Pavori had begun to conduct tests on parts of the ship, ensuring everything would work come launch day.
Intermittently, he would mutter a few things to the other engineers in the room.
“This ascendancy cannon… goblin made, I hear? You can tell in the workmanship… should that be workgoblinmanship? Regardless, its made on the cheap. I tell you, if this were made in Rusina…”
Pavori was swiftly cut off, by none other than Torvil.

“It wouldn’t even be able to turn on.”
“Oh. It’s you. And what exactly are you doing here?” Pavori asked glumly.
“Just checking up on how our fantastic engineer is doing. Everything going alright? Need anything? A non-alcoholic ginger beer perhaps?”
Pavori merely scowled, before replying “So, you here to gloat, child killer? Bit rich isn’t it? Besides, if I don’t get this ship in working order, we all go home. Where will you go by the way?”

Torvil scoffed.
“So I hear you got taken in by Mr. Blue? What’s that like? Bet you’re enjoying all the extra freedom he grants.” Torvil joked.
“Yeah? Well at least when I do leave the compound I’ll be able to see my family again. Where are yours by the way?”
Torvil scoffed again, before turning away and leaving the lab.
“Yeah that’s right. Walk away, old man.” Pavori stated, as he resumed his work.

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:59 pm

His none stop chatter was indicative of someone who had yet to see the world for what it was and that was somehow very refreshing, not because of his own past but for the pasts of the peoples he had seen all around him every day since his return. Poverty was almost everywhere, instead of working together people clambered on top of each other not caring who they stepped on or the repercussions that their actions would have on the society they wished to succeed in. It was easy to get to the top of a hill if the hill had been scalped, much harder to ascend a mountain fruitful and full of bounty.

"That's quite a few questions you have there," Salyu'n smiled gazing towards the compound for that was to be their destination. He thought himself just for a few moments before responding, "Asgareth, I passed through once on the way to the south Valyrien mountains, a long time ago now, long before the pact with Myraxia...even before..." He smiled, "Well it doesn't matter, what's past is past I guess. Aria?" The boy was changing topics as fast as he could sweep them under the carpet, "Yes indeed, I am a Botanist by trade but I have a few skills that are needed such is what happens through life." Though at the final question, he pondered. He hadn't actually thought about space, merely that it was just somewhere he had to go, he had duties to perform and whether he performed them here or there had never really made much difference to him...but now that he was asked whether he was looking forwards to it, he discovered that he had somewhat mixed feelings. Seeing new things that few of the Faræ had ever seen before, researching possible new specimens...being stuck in a tin can with many others, leaving the freedom of his forests... yes mixed feelings indeed and he couldn't immediately answer the soldier, thus he didn't. Instead he posed a question of his own.

"So, you're a Soldier are you? What do you plan to gain from such a role?" They turned a corner as they walked avoiding a crowd of rather unsavoury looking drunkards.

Meanwhile, Danna had extricated herself from the airvent that she had found herself in and wasn't entirely sure what to do with what she had discovered. Needless to say, she made her departure rapidly, things were already heating up because someone important had turned up and security had been doubled. Getting out turned out to be more eventful than getting in but that was another story for another time. Now she was in the outskirts of the compound, wondering just how she was supposed to get a hold of the ID that she was going to need. Why they hadn't given it to her already she had no idea but then, if she needed to be aboard the ship, she would board it with or without the ID armed guards or no.
Game Master
4th President and,

Asgareth
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Asgareth » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:48 pm

Yip listened closely as Salyu’n spoke. He found the man to be rather interesting, and somewhat unique. He’d never met a botanist before. Plants were largely ignored by Asgarthians. Only those that could be fermented were of any interest. The idea of a person studying plants of all shapes and sizes intrigued Yip, even if he felt there were better things to do with one’s time.

As they continued walking, Yip smiled as Salyu’n finally got around to asking him a question. He proudly replied “Good question. Of course, my intention is to ensure the safety and security of all crew members. Though I can’t wait to get out there and kick some alien butt! Hey, I might be able to claim a colony for the Asgarthian Empire! Imagine that; a galactic outpost! That'd be fantastic, wouldn't it! A galactic Asgarthian empire... Oh, don't worry. I'm sure it will make for a safe and secure society.”

Yip continued to spew a bunch of patriotic nonsense, refusing to accept the Aria’s limitations. He found Salyu’n to be a good companion. He didn’t say much, though in truth this is likely to Yip talking too much.

As they passed the group of drunks, some of whom Yip recongised as Asgarthians, he couldn’t help but wonder whether Torvil was among them. Whilst he knew the man did not drink, it did appear that he enjoyed hanging out in drinking establishments; perhaps out of a sense of superiority. Glances across the crowd did not reveal a Torvil among them, and so Yip continued on his journey.

Once they had completely missed the drunken crowd, who had repeatedly called out for them to join them, Yip turned to Salyu’n once more.
“Looks like they’re having a good time. I couldn't see Torvil among them, could you? I wonder where he can be. So are the Farians drinkers? Or are you part of that ridiculous teetotal movement? I could hardly believe it when I heard some people don't drink. You know, you can drink ale from the age of 8 in Asgareth? Course, most of us start as soon as we are born, but shhh. Don't tell anyone.”
Yip continued to ramble as he walked on with Salyu'n.

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:48 am

The Faræ were not known for being heavy drinkers but that didn't mean they didn't drink there just weren't many opportunities or appropriate times. There were however more important things to be getting on with than answering every single question and they weren't that far from the perimeter of the main compound either, "I think we'll find him soon enough." What did catch his eye however was a certain Faræ with walking around barely taking stock of her surroundings.

"Danna," Salyu'n called, his voice oddly project-able even in these noisy streets. At once she perked up, her face showed a brief glimpse of surprise, confusion before finally a pleasant smile and approached both Yip and Salyu'n.

"What can I do for you today Cleric?"

"We're looking for a certain drunk Asgarthian a rather detestable individual who seems to enjoy stirring up trouble, you might have seen him?"

"Pavori?" Salyu'n waved dismissively, "Sorry, I'd help you look for him but I haven't been given my pass yet."

At which point Salyu'n reached into his bag and pulled out a small envelope bearing the mark of the Imperial College and handed it to Danna, "I think he went into the compound a short while ago. Care to join us?" A brief nod, "Danna this is Yip a member of the Asgarthi Military. Yip this is Danna a member of the Imperial College Expeditionary detachment." Danna wasn't herself as familiar with Salyu'n as Salyu'n appeared to be with her, but that wasn't entirely unusual, especially for those of Clergy, who since Preceptor Volos passed had maintained some significant power within Enfaru, thankfully they were more of a help than a hindrance.
Game Master
4th President and,

Asgareth
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Asgareth » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:19 am

Yip watched as the Faræ interacted with one another. He was fairly certain he recognised the newcomer from the bar earlier, but having never interacted he was unsure how to proceed.

As Salyu’n made the introductions, Yip raised a hand and smiled at Danna.
“Hey! How’d you do? So, you’re a Faræ too? I dunno, you wait all year for one Faræ and two come along at once, am I right?” Yip joked. “So the Imperial College Expeditionary Detachment? Sounds neat. What? You some form of military? Sure as hell sounds like you are! And did I hear you mention Pavori? I must apologise for my countryman. I’m not quite sure the chap is all there, if you get what I mean.”

Yip paused for a breath, before turning to Salyu’n. “We’d best get a shift if we want to find Torvil before dark.”

After teasing Pavori, Torvil had returned to the medic bay. He had only been there for five minutes when he heard a loud commotion outside. As he was about to open the main doors, three guards rushed in, carrying a fourth.
“Doctor! Quick! He’s been shot!” one of the men said.
Torvil looked confused for a moment before responding “Well, put him on the bed then!”
The three men carried the fourth to the bed and lifted him onto the bed.
Torvil began to examine the wound, a single gunshot to the foot, before turning to one of the men, who sported the Asgarthian military insignia, the silver griffin. On his chest, the ribon da’etur sat proudly.

“What happened?” Torvil asked
“An Iryllian spy! 100% doc! Has to be, hasn’t it!” the guard replied
“An Iryllian spy? Spying for what?”
“Well how am I supposed to know that? I’m not espionage. I’m security!” the guard replied.

Torvil continued to examine the wound. “There’s no way an Iryllian spy did this. For starters, the spy would have to be standing right on top of the guy to shoot him there. Now, if I didn’t know better, I’d say his gun accidentally went off. What do you think chaps?”
The three men looked sheepishly at the floor, before one responded “Well, I suppose that’s a possibility. But they can’t prove it right, doc?”
Torvil looked from the wounded man to his friends. “Are you lot on drugs or something? You’re acting… I don’t want to say weird, but…”

An hour later, just as the fourth guard had begun to drift off, another loud commotion could be heard. The same three guards rushed in, carrying the one sporting the ribon da’etur.
“For heavens sake! Not another one!” Torvil exclaimed
“No doc! He’s actually been shot. For real this time, I mean!” one replied
Torvil noticed the gushing wound in the man’s chest, before crying out for some assistance
“Which of you idiots thought it would be a good idea to shoot him?” Torvil exclaimed

“Not us sir! It was a Myraxian spy! For real, this time!” one of the guards replied
Torvil sighed, “Whatever.”

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:08 am

Game Master Intervention: Auruum seems to assumed the Qela was in the Bar and has confused Qela and Danna entirely. As such the post doesn't work in its current state and will be ignored.

The Faræ, at least of her status, were not used to being kept waiting as long as they were but Qela was patient as she sat in the waiting room a fresh pot of tea had been brewed with the highest quality leaves that they could rustle up. There was something to be said for making a cup of tea and it told her a lot about her hosts. Did they care? Did they rush things? How was their eye for detail? Did they even know what they were doing? Amongst many others, for example this tea was unusually bitter and required the honey provided but otherwise acceptable. Tea also gave her an idea of her environment, the water, the drinking vessels and pot, the customs with which it was served, the water was fresh but it wasn't quite as soft as she would have liked...and hence the slight amount of milk. Sipping from the small cup she wondered why she hadn't been greeted directly upon arrival. Though given hushed words spoken in the corridors, it didn't look as though everything was going to plan.

The doors to the waiting room swung open and in stepped an important individual, dressed in a suit of sorts and flanked by two staff. Qela remained seated, "I apologize for keeping you waiting Ma'am, there was a minor complication with one of our senior engineers and it needed to be resolved."

"I hope it isn't going to delay the project, Mr Blue." It was much less of a question than a statement as put down her half finished cup and rose from her seat, "Shall we move to a more appropriate room, I'd like an overview of the project and its progress before we begin." Acquiescing to her pace, Mr Blue stepped back and gestured for her to go ahead of him.

Danna, Salyu'n and Yip had already started moving through the streets and alleyways again, passing through a tunnel or two along their way as Danna began to answer Yips questions. She didn't answer about the Imperial College, it had a history that most wouldn't easily understand and educating everyone who asked had lost its novelty a long time ago for her, "Ori-tae and I have more history than he would care to admit. Lets just say, not everything worked out well for him." Him being pulled into the compound had worried Danna, but perhaps it shouldn't have done if Yip was being accurate...or maybe that was precisely the reason it should have, "Why are we looking for this Torvil at any rate?"

Stopping them, Salyu'n gestured to the guards and pulled out his ID, "Lets get inside first."
Game Master
4th President and,

Drekhi
Attaché

Founded: Nov 12, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Lab Safety First

Postby Drekhi » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:36 pm

Dr. Tharsten Lindberg, erstwhile professor of the Jalhatt Institute, was currently huddled in an alleyway, colder, hungrier and more miserable than he'd felt in a long time. In fact, he reflected, the last time he'd felt this miserable was probably on one of those compulsory training exercises nearly twenty years ago out in the tundra of northern Drekhi in the middle of winter. What made this worse was that, arguably, this misery was self-inflicted. It wasn't just that he had restricted himself to cash-only to avoid calling attention to his transactions, or that his journey here had taken nearly twice as long as normal as he had hoped, due to the fake breadcrumb trail he'd attempted to leave for Viono's networks. It was that it was entirely his own fault that he was even here at all. He'd known the risks that something like this could come up, but still he'd continued on with his line of research, intoxicated and full of pride-

His introspection was cut off by a knife being pointed at him. A gaunt-looking creature, a Khileirag, was threatening him. He didn't speak Standard, but he got the gist of the situation. Standing up to his full, lanky height, he stared him down, pale grey eyes intent under dark furrowed eyebrows. "Akha akhi lil nig likhyra, idei lyfra sa." Look, I don't want to hurt you, so don't make me. He had hoped that the tone and the subtle shifting in his stance would get the message across, but either the khileirag hadn't understood, or didn't care, because he darted forwards with sudden speed. Tharsten dodged to the side, swiftly grabbing the outstretched wrist and controlling the weapon. The khileirag attempted to switch hands, but Tharsten drove a knee into his stomach, and then then brought the fight to the ground, landing straddled over the mugger's torso, both of them fighting for control of the knife. In the midst of the fight, Tharsten was suddenly very glad of those compulsory training exercises.

The khileirag may have been smaller and lighter than Tharsten, but he was surprisingly wiry and strong, and extremely flexible, wriggling out of a joint lock when given even the slightest leeway. But eventually, Tharsten's weight and training had the green-skinned mugger securely pinned. After a minute or so, the khileirag stopped struggling, realising that it was pointless. Fairly certain now that the message had got across, Tharsten stood up, and made to move off. He only realised his mistake when he heard a patter of feet, followed by a feeling of pressure in the small of his back and a loud snapping sound. He looked around. The khileirag was staring dumbfounded at the handle of his now-broken knife that he had just attempted to plunge into Tharsten's back. Looking up at Tharsten in fear, he began to back away, but Tharsten's foot snaked out, connecting with the side of his head with a dull thud. The khileirag collapsed like a marionette whose strings had been cut, out cold.

Tharsten brushed himself off, and then checked the lining of his coat. Sewn inside it was a Drekhi lab coat, dyed black to blend in with the rest of the coat. In the Drekhi military, jokes were often cracked about how the lab technicians had better safety equipment than soldiers in the field. Like the best jokes, this one contained a grain of truth. Tharsten made his way out of the alley in the general direction of the giant cannon pointing heavenwards that dominated the shanty town. Now, how do I find my way into that?

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:56 am

The thing about shanty towns is that they were always ad-hoc. Buildings were cobbled together out of whatever resources sprang to mind and with the Goblin culture that also meant beneath their feet including a mocked up sewage system. The sewage system always had to exit somewhere and in one particular case that wasn't too far away. Barely separating waste from water, effluent could be heard discharging into a ditch and snaked its way towards a nearest river. It seemed to be coming from behind a heavily salvaged truck of what appeared to be North Coventian heritage. While the shanty town was easy enough to enter, the compound itself was not, but such a compound would have to consume a lot of water and have to get rid of a lot of water too. Surely?

Now, the most pertinent question that would spring to any questioning mind would be, 'How security conscious were the Goblins' or had they just left everything to the Asgarthians and Faræ.
Game Master
4th President and,

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates