NATION

PASSWORD

Is it possible to get a SERIOUS version of nationstates?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Hashvra
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Is it possible to get a SERIOUS version of nationstates?

Postby Hashvra » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:17 am

Like, a version that doesn't have so many jokes in it, and/or has issues that FIT your nation more often? I notice that despite being a Dictatorship, people keep ranting about "Free Speech Violations" despite the fact that my nation does NOT support free speech, and everyone acts like we're america and a democracy, despite us being vastly different. This may seem bitchy but I personally want a nation simulator that actually can be taken seriously rather than facepalming at how stupid some choices are or laughing because of how utterly random they are.

NOTE:I do NOT even dislike nationstates, I won't even leave if I can avoid it, but I would LOVE a more serious version of nationstates, and I feel having the 2 varients would legitimately help attract more people, and if this is denied then that's fine, I'm only requesting this of you nationstates admins.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Founded: May 14, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:52 pm

i think the issues are random and not actually linked to what your nation is set to, this is because there are limited issues.
All storefronts can be found here In my factbook
Factbook: new factbook under construction
RP'sLife in Barentsburg RP ooc
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.
Aurora Confederacy is proud to be a member of the Astyria Region

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Nomada
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nomada » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:59 pm

Just dismiss them. The issues will come back eventually, and these issues are made by the NS Users, so you can't expect almost 200,000 people to be extremely serious 100% of the time.
Welcome to Nomada Station
Nomada Station in a Nomadic Habitat orbiting Earth. To find more about Nomada, I suggest reading the factbooks.
WE DO NOT USE NS STATS!!!
Do not TG me Out OF Character. If you do, let me know first.
[☮] -- Copy and paste this into your signature if you are a pacifist.
GENERATION 3: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation in your signature.

Hashvra
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hashvra » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:25 pm

I can't exactly "ignore" over 50 issues. If I ignored everything that made no sense, I'd literally be unanswering ANY issues for months... It's annoying. However, I do not ask for issue changes alone, I asked for a serious varient of NS, one that isn't a bunch of jokes crammed into semi-serious stuff. While there should be some comedy due to natural life having some, a serious version of nationstates would be Very much better in my opinion. I'd love for it to exist side by side with this nationstates, with all of its silliness and random stupidities of the civil populace. But a serious nationstates would definitely be a good move to me, atleast.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:52 pm

Hashvra wrote:Is it possible to get a SERIOUS version of nationstates?
Yes. Step away from your computer, join a real-life political party in your nation, and become a political activist.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:03 pm

Aurora Confederacy wrote:i think the issues are random and not actually linked to what your nation is set to, this is because there are limited issues.

The issues are not completely random. There are some issues that are targeted at specific types of nations. There actually are issues that are specifically written for dictatorships, and other issues that are specifically written for democracies. There are also some issues that all nations can get.

The game does NOT assume that all dictatorships have strict censorship laws, or that your censorship laws will prevent some foolhardy citizen from advocating freedom of speech. You can imagine @@LEADER@@ hauling some characters out back and shooting them for suggesting stupid options, but the game will still give you some issues that have free speech options.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:06 am

Hashvra wrote:Like, a version that doesn't have so many jokes in it, and/or has issues that FIT your nation more often? I notice that despite being a Dictatorship, people keep ranting about "Free Speech Violations" despite the fact that my nation does NOT support free speech, and everyone acts like we're america and a democracy, despite us being vastly different. This may seem bitchy but I personally want a nation simulator that actually can be taken seriously rather than facepalming at how stupid some choices are or laughing because of how utterly random they are.

NOTE:I do NOT even dislike nationstates, I won't even leave if I can avoid it, but I would LOVE a more serious version of nationstates, and I feel having the 2 varients would legitimately help attract more people, and if this is denied then that's fine, I'm only requesting this of you nationstates admins.

It's an interesting idea, to have a button you can press to turn NS into a non-satirical game that aims for po-faced serious simulation. However, it's not practically possible to implement, as I'm sure you can imagine. Partly this is because all the writing is already in place, and you'd basically have to rewrite almost every issue and effect line in the game, and partly this is because the underlying simulation itself is inherently satirical and unrealistic: there's no systemic design there to create the type of game you want.

I'd recommend looking at some other nation simulators with more serious tones. I'm a big fan of Europa Universalis, for example.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?