NATION

PASSWORD

Collaborative History : World Wars in TWI (TWI Only | OOC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

What side are you in the World Wars? Chose one from each wars

Poll ended at Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:07 am

WW1 : Allied Powers (British etc)
3
10%
WW1 : Central Powers (German etc)
4
14%
WW1 : Neutral
6
21%
WW2 : Allies
10
34%
WW2 : Axis
2
7%
WW2 : Neutral
3
10%
Others (explain in the thread)
1
3%
 
Total votes : 29

User avatar
Samudera
Diplomat
 
Posts: 547
Founded: Apr 12, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Collaborative History : World Wars in TWI (TWI Only | OOC)

Postby Samudera » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:00 am

TWI Collaborative History Discussions
'World Wars in The Western Isles'

This thread will host discussions about World War I and World War II in The Western Isles. How it started out, how did the war play out, and the subsequent implication in TWI.

You could discuss anything related to TWI and World Wars in here. Whether it is about your particular history, or suggestion how the World Wars played out in TWI, all are welcome.

This thread is created to clear confusion on what happened in TWI when both World Wars happened, and other things. And to sort things so nations could have a tied and connected history with others throughout the region.

World War I
Allied Powers (British, France, US, Russia, etc)
  1. Nation

Central Powers (Germany, Austria-Hungary, Ottoman, etc)
  1. San Montagna (later joined the Allied Powers/Entente)
  2. Arthemesia

Neutral
  1. Covonant
  2. Ostehaar
  3. Vancouvia (selling chemical gas to both side and mercenary fought with both side)

San Montagna
Joined the Central Powers following the Italy step to join the Entente/Allied Powers, it switched side, in the end, to avoid losing. Still, in the Treaty of Versailles, San Montagna again became Italy's colony

Arthemesia
Once a pro-German nation, later communist revolution will result in Arthemesia dropping the war effort/joining the Entente

Ostehaar
Half of the country is still in the Verdonian occupation, with no significant role in the global World War I effort. The Osters were concentrating on building the nation and the southern districts concentrated on resisting the Verdonian occupation.

Covonant
Supplying troops and access to use bases around the country. Minor Role.

Vancouvia
Selling chemical gases to both sides, with mercenary of Vaen Guard fought with both side in the war


World War II
Allies (British, US, Soviet, etc)
  1. Covonant

Axis (Germany, Italy, Japan, etc)
  1. Athara Magarat
  2. Jinlong Dynasty
  3. Samudera
  4. San Montagna

Neutral
  1. Corindia (aligned to America)
  2. Ostehaar
  3. Vancouvia

Covonant
Financer of the Allies in early stage of the war, later joined the war cause near the end of World War II

Athara Magarat
Joined Axis in 1940, AM primarily targeting mostly French, British and Dutch-colonized nations while leaving nations with German, Japanese, Italian, Hungarian, Slovakian, Romanian, etc (Axis nation) cultures. AM and Samudera were allied throughout the war, along with few others throughout the TWI. The war was catastrophic for the country with millions left death at the end.

Samudera
With the military coup in 1940, the ultranationalistic government entered war immediately, alligning themselves with AM and Axis powers in Europe. It fought in many battles throughout the Isles but in 1944 it was capitulated by *NATION*

Jinlong Dynasty
Joined the war effort along with Samudera and AM, immediately invading surrounding nations with its military might.

San Montagna
Forced to join the Axis powers due to its status as Italy's colony, it fought in many fronts throughout the Isles and helping Japanese war effort.

Corindia
Alligned to America

Ostehaar
Not much battle were fought by Ostehaar, although constant border skirmishes resulted in a battle usually. Officially neutral throughout the war as it had no capabilities to launch full scale campaign.

Vancouvia
Still rampaged by Great Depression, Vancouvia didn't participate in the World War II


Related links:

History of TWI (Google Docs)
Last edited by Samudera on Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Federated Islands of Samudera
Proud member of The Western Isles
Factbook - Economy - Maps - News - Tourism - Isleball - Favourite Quote

User avatar
Jinlong Dynasty
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 15
Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Jinlong Dynasty » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:20 am

Samudera wrote:
TWI Collaborative History Discussions
'World Wars in The Western Isles'

This thread will host discussions about World War I and World War II in The Western Isles. How it started out, how did the war play out, and the subsequent implication in TWI.

You could discuss anything related to TWI and World Wars in here. Whether it is about your particular history, or suggestion how the World Wars played out in TWI, all are welcome.

This thread is created to clear confusion on what happened in TWI when both World Wars happened, and other things. And to sort things so nations could have a tied and connected history with others throughout the region.

Related links:

History of TWI (Google Docs)


You could say Jinlong before hand was a militarstic state under Emperorship, in hopes of dominating Central Argus and Southern Argus as well as other small islands surrounding it becoming The Great Empire of Jinlong Dynasty. However the ‘League’ failed to intercedne, and you could add that possibly Yinhe fought hard against Jinlong. Idk, this is my propsed idea.

User avatar
Athara Magarat
Minister
 
Posts: 2507
Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Athara Magarat » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:31 am

TAG!!
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.




Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

User avatar
Ostehaar
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1775
Founded: Jul 08, 2015
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Ostehaar » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:36 am

Tag, although this is the second time we're trying to do this. :/

User avatar
Athara Magarat
Minister
 
Posts: 2507
Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Athara Magarat » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:45 am

I decided to be the bad guy this time.

In the First World War, whichever side Atnaia (was the Atish Magarati Republic till 1915) was on. In the Second World War, I will be with the Nazis despite the Athara Magaratis trying to remove the African/Asian/European colonials in a fascist way than anything. Maybe like Japan, get that honorary Aryan batch to do things. And maybe the wacko Nazis allied with AM due to the flag :P

Fair deal? Who else is joining me?
Last edited by Athara Magarat on Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.




Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

User avatar
Corindia
Minister
 
Posts: 2621
Founded: May 29, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Corindia » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:55 am

Corindia was just a little toadie to the US

Of the People, For the People

User avatar
Ostehaar
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1775
Founded: Jul 08, 2015
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Ostehaar » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:57 am

I'll might as well mention that during WWI, one half of my nation was occupied by Verdon, and the other was only independent for about a decade - so I guess it wouldn't make sense for me to have a huge role in that war. My people concentrated on building the nation and the southern districts concentrated on resisting the Verdonian occupation.

As for WWII - My nation wasn't formally with the "allies" but wasn't aligned with any "axis" powers either. I prefer to have a relatively minor role, as I probably didn't have the capacity and military size that would enable long campaigns or something like that. I'm open to cross-border battles, if anyone is interested, and to naval/aerial battles in the north-Gael area.

User avatar
Samudera
Diplomat
 
Posts: 547
Founded: Apr 12, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Samudera » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:01 am

Athara Magarat wrote:I decided to be the bad guy this time.

In the First World War, whichever side Atnaia (was the Atish Magarati Republic till 1915) was on. In the Second World War, I will be with the Nazis despite the Athara Magaratis trying to remove the African/Asian/European colonials in a fascist way than anything. Maybe like Japan, get that honorary Aryan batch to do things. And maybe the wacko Nazis allied with AM due to the flag :P

Fair deal? Who else is joining me?

Am joining the 'bad guy' sides this time too :P

First World War, can't do much since i was part of Ainslie in that time. Up to him what the stance would be.

For the Second World War though, i will be the fascist nation here. Sort of Spain that joined the war. Ya know AM, i will be adopting the 'racial purity of native TWI' in WW2 to ensure the 'demon' here
Corindia wrote:Corindia was just a little toadie to the US

and Samudera just loves Nazi ideas till they lose the war and think otherwise
The Federated Islands of Samudera
Proud member of The Western Isles
Factbook - Economy - Maps - News - Tourism - Isleball - Favourite Quote

User avatar
Covonant
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1239
Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:04 am

Tagging... I don't see Covonant playing a major role in WW1 other than maybe supplying troops and and access to use bases in the country. For WW2 Covonant in the beginning would play the role of financier to allied forces only to join late in the war efforts coming near to the end of WW2.
TO APPLY FOR EMBASSY SELECT LINK: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=351134

User avatar
Athara Magarat
Minister
 
Posts: 2507
Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Athara Magarat » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:07 am

Okay, since people are saying details and all that...

You know the Khas-Kirat Empire? Yeah? Then we proceed.

Fascism was dominant in AM after gaining independence from Atnaia in 1915. The people, wanted the good old glory days of the Khas-Kirat Empire and be a superpower. To be a great power, the Athara Magarati leaders took upon the ideals of governors from the Atish Magarati Republic ( and they viewed African/Asian/European colonizers as the destabilizing force). The Athara Magarati citizens were brainwashed into believing the fault lied in these non-native 'outsiders'.

in November 1940, Athara Magarat joined the Axis powers and targeting mostly French, British and Dutch-colonized nations while leaving nations with German, Japanese, Italian, Hungarian, Slovakian, Romanian, etc (Axis nation) cultures.

Worked till this one. I will think of more details.
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.




Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

User avatar
Athara Magarat
Minister
 
Posts: 2507
Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Athara Magarat » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:11 am

Samudera wrote:Am joining the 'bad guy' sides this time too :P

First World War, can't do much since i was part of Ainslie in that time. Up to him what the stance would be.

For the Second World War though, i will be the fascist nation here. Sort of Spain that joined the war. Ya know AM, i will be adopting the 'racial purity of native TWI' in WW2 to ensure the 'demon' here


Kay, maybe we both were allied with each other and both joined the Axis on November 1940 (the date lesser known Axis powers like Romania, Hungary and Slovakia joined the alliance with Germany, Italy and Japan)?

I think Bhik was in the fascist side as well :P

That did be better. For the Isles natives then!
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.




Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

User avatar
Athara Magarat
Minister
 
Posts: 2507
Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Athara Magarat » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:14 am

By the way, AM then had 6 million population, twice the numbers today actually.

The war might be a good reason why....
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.




Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

User avatar
Samudera
Diplomat
 
Posts: 547
Founded: Apr 12, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Samudera » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:18 am

Athara Magarat wrote:Kay, maybe we both were allied with each other and both joined the Axis on November 1940 (the date lesser known Axis powers like Romania, Hungary and Slovakia joined the alliance with Germany, Italy and Japan)?

I think Bhik was in the fascist side as well :P

That did be better. For the Isles natives then!

This is honestly a great idea! Should we be in the Tripartite Pact that alligned us to Axis, or create our own pact that's 'working together' with them?

Anyone else want to join in the bad guys?

Would be interesting to see neutral nations here, since i assume not everyone would join the war cause. Or even, a third alliance that is TWI only :p
The Federated Islands of Samudera
Proud member of The Western Isles
Factbook - Economy - Maps - News - Tourism - Isleball - Favourite Quote

User avatar
Athara Magarat
Minister
 
Posts: 2507
Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Athara Magarat » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:23 am

Samudera wrote:This is honestly a great idea! Should we be in the Tripartite Pact that alligned us to Axis, or create our own pact that's 'working together' with them?

Anyone else want to join in the bad guys?

Would be interesting to see neutral nations here, since i assume not everyone would join the war cause. Or even, a third alliance that is TWI only :p

We need to see if anyone else joins the losing side.
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.




Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

User avatar
Samudera
Diplomat
 
Posts: 547
Founded: Apr 12, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Samudera » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:28 am

Athara Magarat wrote:
Samudera wrote:This is honestly a great idea! Should we be in the Tripartite Pact that alligned us to Axis, or create our own pact that's 'working together' with them?

Anyone else want to join in the bad guys?

Would be interesting to see neutral nations here, since i assume not everyone would join the war cause. Or even, a third alliance that is TWI only :p

We need to see if anyone else joins the losing side.

Yeah, this should be an important event in the whole TWI though.

What i'm more concerned is World War I. No one really talk much about it, which historically, led to World War II.

If anyone has ideas about how it played out in your country, just tell us here!
Last edited by Samudera on Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Federated Islands of Samudera
Proud member of The Western Isles
Factbook - Economy - Maps - News - Tourism - Isleball - Favourite Quote

User avatar
Athara Magarat
Minister
 
Posts: 2507
Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Athara Magarat » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:39 am

Samudera wrote:Yeah, this should be an important event in the whole TWI though.

What i'm more concerned is World War I. No one really talk much about it, which historically, led to World War II.

If anyone has ideas about how it played out in your country, just tell us here!

Controversial as it might sound, many historians consider European colonial conquests, Mongol conquests, Qing conquests, Taiping Rebellion, An Lushan Rebellion and Germanic Wars had more casualties than WW1. And Seven Years War, the Thirty Years War and the Napoleonic Wars covered more areas than WW1 whereas WW2 involved all nations of the Earth directly or indirectly save for Tibet, Afghanistan, etc.

WW1 was fought between equally morally gray empires while WW2 was the showdown between 'democratic' nations and 'fascists'; which is another reason for this.

Don't get me wrong. WW1 is important as well. But the 'War to End All Wars' is overshadowed by wars that happened before it and its sequel WW2.

Like I said, in WW1, the Atish Magarati Republic followed Atnaia to whichever side the overlords went.
Last edited by Athara Magarat on Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.




Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

User avatar
Athara Magarat
Minister
 
Posts: 2507
Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Athara Magarat » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:45 am

We should have had other great wars as well...

How come no one mentions the colonial wars?

Or the great pirate wars? Save for some people (we all know who they are).
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.




Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

User avatar
Samudera
Diplomat
 
Posts: 547
Founded: Apr 12, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Samudera » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:13 am

Athara Magarat wrote:We should have had other great wars as well...

How come no one mentions the colonial wars?

Or the great pirate wars? Save for some people (we all know who they are).

That's another part of the history AM :p although an isles wide wars would be cool tbh

Also, i just add polls to ease the who did you support!
The Federated Islands of Samudera
Proud member of The Western Isles
Factbook - Economy - Maps - News - Tourism - Isleball - Favourite Quote

User avatar
Jinlong Dynasty
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 15
Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Jinlong Dynasty » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:20 pm

Sorry to akip but in World War 2 I think I should be te ‘bad guy’ ;) starting in 1931, invading Keverai, then by 1937: “Something Incident”, and I’d be like saying “Oh, we’re to stablize the region itself because it is too corrupted.” Then the League (if there was a league) takes it as truth, and I’d occupy Imperialinia (If he is fine), so as Arthemesia, and Dasko. I don’t persecute the royal family but instead I puppet them and establish: The Co-Prosperity of Great Inperialonia State (1939 - 1945). With Yinhe, I’d plan massacre to Yinhese citizens in 1941. With Dasko, unsure. And then I’d focus on Ipland. Then move to invading east. And yeah, I’m still trying to figure it. Until 1942, I attacked a powerful country who cut my oil giving a suprise attack. Leading to a country who was neutral to declare war against me. Then in 1942-1945, I’d lose my lands and then invasion or bombing such as Nuclear Bomb. (I shall be the victim :v) then Jinlong gets occupied into Jinlonese Occupation Zone. SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
Last edited by Jinlong Dynasty on Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Corindia
Minister
 
Posts: 2621
Founded: May 29, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Corindia » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:26 pm

How old is the League?

Of the People, For the People

User avatar
Jinlong Dynasty
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 15
Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Jinlong Dynasty » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:29 pm

Athara Magarat wrote:
Samudera wrote:Am joining the 'bad guy' sides this time too :P

First World War, can't do much since i was part of Ainslie in that time. Up to him what the stance would be.

For the Second World War though, i will be the fascist nation here. Sort of Spain that joined the war. Ya know AM, i will be adopting the 'racial purity of native TWI' in WW2 to ensure the 'demon' here


Kay, maybe we both were allied with each other and both joined the Axis on November 1940 (the date lesser known Axis powers like Romania, Hungary and Slovakia joined the alliance with Germany, Italy and Japan)?

I think Bhik was in the fascist side as well :P

That did be better. For the Isles natives then!



Athara Magarat wrote:
Samudera wrote:Am joining the 'bad guy' sides this time too :P

First World War, can't do much since i was part of Ainslie in that time. Up to him what the stance would be.

For the Second World War though, i will be the fascist nation here. Sort of Spain that joined the war. Ya know AM, i will be adopting the 'racial purity of native TWI' in WW2 to ensure the 'demon' here


Kay, maybe we both were allied with each other and both joined the Axis on November 1940 (the date lesser known Axis powers like Romania, Hungary and Slovakia joined the alliance with Germany, Italy and Japan)?

I think Bhik was in the fascist side as well :P

That did be better. For the Isles natives then!


And Jinlong was allied with you guys. Since Jinlong needed raw materials to provide for the people. Which is then lead to Jinlonese Expansionist Policies. In 1915, Jinlong Dynasty was in allied side. For economy benefits and expansion of Jinlonese land but is refused. So Jinlong plans to dominate:

- Central Argus

- South Argus & Surrounding Islands

- Landao

- Ipland


As new Empire named “The Great Empire of Jinlonese Dynasty” or something similar to Japanese war plan.

;p

User avatar
Ostehaar
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1775
Founded: Jul 08, 2015
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Ostehaar » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:42 pm

Jinlong Dynasty wrote:Sorry to akip but in World War 2 I think I should be te ‘bad guy’ ;) starting in 1931, invading Keverai, then by 1937: “Something Incident”, and I’d be like saying “Oh, we’re to stablize the region itself because it is too corrupted.” Then the League (if there was a league) takes it as truth, and I’d occupy Imperialinia (If he is fine), so as Arthemesia, and Dasko. I don’t persecute the royal family but instead I puppet them and establish: The Co-Prosperity of Great Inperialonia State (1939 - 1945). With Yinhe, I’d plan massacre to Yinhese citizens in 1941. With Dasko, unsure. And then I’d focus on Ipland. Then move to invading east. And yeah, I’m still trying to figure it. Until 1942, I attacked a powerful country who cut my oil giving a suprise attack. Leading to a country who was neutral to declare war against me. Then in 1942-1945, I’d lose my lands and then invasion or bombing such as Nuclear Bomb. (I shall be the victim :v) then Jinlong gets occupied into Jinlonese Occupation Zone. SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

That's basically replicating Japan. Why would we want to do exactly that? Why not be original and do thing that would actually fit the region?

User avatar
Ipland
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 393
Founded: Jul 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ipland » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:58 pm

Jinlong Dynasty wrote:
And Jinlong was allied with you guys. Since Jinlong needed raw materials to provide for the people. Which is then lead to Jinlonese Expansionist Policies. In 1915, Jinlong Dynasty was in allied side. For economy benefits and expansion of Jinlonese land but is refused. So Jinlong plans to dominate:

- Central Argus

- South Argus & Surrounding Islands

- Landao

- Ipland


As new Empire named “The Great Empire of Jinlonese Dynasty” or something similar to Japanese war plan.

;p


You could probably attack Ipland during WW2 if you want to
[align=center]Ipland

User avatar
San Montagna
Envoy
 
Posts: 278
Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby San Montagna » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:08 pm

In ww1, San Montagna joined the Triple Alliance in july 1915, following the Italians joining the Entente, san montagna joined because, 30 years prior, they had fought a bloody war of independence against Italy, and both sides were still hostile towards each other, Germany also promised money and other stuff, as so, several Divisions were sent to the Balkan and Italian Theaters, in late October 1918, they Switched sides hoping to avoid some terrible surrender terms, and aided the defeat of Bulgaria. They also fought in theaters made up in this thread that includes them
However, they were still treated as a loser of ww1 in the Versaille treaty and was forced to once again become a colony of Italy

In ww2 they were forced to join in 1941 as an act of solidarity from Italy to Japan, they fought in several Japanese campaigns and other Campaigns in the Western Isles.
B

User avatar
Ostehaar
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1775
Founded: Jul 08, 2015
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Ostehaar » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:11 pm

San Montagna wrote:In ww2 they were forced to join in 1941 as an act of solidarity from Italy to Japan, they fought in several Japanese campaigns and other Campaigns in the Western Isles.

See, that's exactly where Jinlong's plan fails (read above) - he wants to be some sort of a Japan of WWII. Obviously that can't happen because, well, there already is one, since we mostly consider real-world history to be part of our general canon.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Constantio, Corrington, Google Adsense [Bot], North Alezia

Advertisement

Remove ads