NATION

PASSWORD

The Federal Republic of Alexis [IC/CLOSED/INVITES-ONLY]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Terudel
Envoy

Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Terudel » Sat May 19, 2018 8:28 am

EL CONSEJO FEDERAL de la REPÚBLICA FEDERAL de ALEXIS
FEDERALE RAAD van de FEDERALE REPUBLIEK van ALEXIS
FEDERAL COUNCIL of the FEDERAL REPUBLIC of ALEXIS
TWENTY-SIXTH of AUGUST, TWO-THOUSAND and EIGHTEEN
BILL 71/Pg 1 of 1

To be enacted: Within 3 months
PRINCIPAL AUTHOR: Imelda González and Fidel Reyes
TOPIC: Education and Healthcare System

Education:
1. A compulsory Character Development subject will be implemented in all Primary and Secondary schools

2. Schools to receive Government funding to hold workshops for personal branding and team building

3. Junior College duration to be extended from 2 years to 3 years in order to make time for job internships and career guidance lessons (60% school subsidy)

Healthcare:
1. Introduction of the Alexian Eldercare Act which will provide 45% government subsidy for consultations, medicines and other healthcare related services for the elderly

2. Each school in Alexis must have a clinic with at least 1 doctor and 1 nurse

3. Children will be entitled to an annual health screening held in their school

4. A medical research facility to be built in Ciudad De Alexis and an infectious disease centre in all cities
Last edited by Terudel on Sat May 19, 2018 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Terudel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Terudel » Sat May 19, 2018 9:09 am

TERUDEL DAILY-La Télévision Terudélienne
WEATHER REPORT
|25th of August, 2018|SATURDAY|28°C CLEAR|6.00 p.m.LIVE FROM GATAYAN CITY
image of the storm approaching Alexis

Good evening, my name is Regine Del Rosario.
Typhoon Dolores set to hit parts of Nestiland and Terudel
Typhoon Dolores is set to hit Firenze on 27th August 2018 and is declared as category 2. The storm will also pass by the northeast of Terudel including Aurora City. Many people have evacuated to a safer place and both Premier Fiŕenze Jr and Premier Redrich have announced that there will be evacuation centres set up in parts near to the affected areas.

However, some residents have refused to evacuate. One of them is Mr Hondo and his family, who lives in Firenze. "We can't leave our home! What will happen to our stuff? Where will we go if our home is destroyed? I doubt that the government will provide us a new one immediately."

The Terudelians in Aurora City are still relaxed despite the warnings. When asked, they stated that by the time the storm hits them, it wouldn't be strong. Premier Redrich has urged them to leave as there is no guarantee that the damage would be minimal. Premier of Oostfalea, Alexander Springsteen, assured that Oostfalea will send aid to the affected parts.

That is all for the weather report.

COMMUNIST INSURGENCY

damage caused by the confrontation between soldiers and communists

Communists fled Terbugao City
The operation in Terbugao City is soon coming to an end. Most of the communists have either fled or been killed. Soon, Terbugao City will be liberated. However, Premier Redrich said that the fight against communism is far from over. The soldiers will push further to the east of Terudel to ensure that the communists are wiped out.

Communist activity is increasing in other parts of Alexis, notably in Maverick Bay. Just recently, a communist drove a truck right through a coffee shop, killing 4 civilians in Maverick Bay. President Ulrich Junker promised to get rid of the communists as soon as possible and assured everyone that Alexis will be communist-free.
Last edited by Terudel on Sat May 26, 2018 7:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

Terudel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Terudel » Sun May 20, 2018 8:06 am

GATAYAN CITY, FEDERAL STATE OF TERUDEL
0320 HOURS, 27°C, CLOUDY
23RD of AUGUST 2018
JANE DENISE LORENZA

Jane was always loyal to Miguelito. However, no one knew that. She was the only one who knew of Miguelito's last will. On the day before Miguelito died, he sent a telegram to Lorenza, who was under house arrest at that time.

He wrote:
Greetings my loyal follower.

My time as President as well as my time here on this Earth is coming to an end. It is only a matter of time before they get hold of me and kill me. That is why I am writing this to you so that you can carry out my plans. This is a great opportunity for me to reveal to you that the entire communist problem was created by me. I used it, hoping to increase my credibility. But it didn't work. The entire communist population works for me. We planned this way before I was President.

My secret pact with China was regarding that. There was no agreement that they would support us in any war because I did not intend to have a war with the Philippines in the first place. It was all planned out. The pact that I made with the communist state was that they would secretly provide weapons and intelligence to the communist forces here so that one day when I pass on, they will cause trouble for my successor.

When the day comes, the communist would start a war with the new government, and they will overthrow it and establish a communist government. Once that happens, China will set up its bases here. You shall take over as leader of the communist government.

I wish you all the best in this. This is my final goodbye. It has been a pleasure working with you, Ms. Lorenza.

Jane contacted the communist commander, Xiao Lim. "Prepare your men. I am sure that the Alexian forces will attack. Redrich has sought help from the capital. Ulrich will send his men to retake Terbugao City and force all of you to flee. I suggest when that happens, mobilize the rest of the troops around the nation. This will overstretch the army. A communist attack in Nesborough and Koningsdam is inevitable."

"As you wish, my lady. We will crush Ulrich's regime and you shall be our new leader."

"I like your optimism, commander. Once Ulrich is gone, we will execute the three premiers and disintegrate their respective parties. Only the communist party is allowed." Jane hanged up and downed a shot. This is for Miguelito and Zelha, she thought to herself
Last edited by Terudel on Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Oostfalea
Attaché

Founded: Sep 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Oostfalea » Sun May 20, 2018 9:48 pm

THE ASIAN INSIDER-ALEXIS
POLITICS|ENTERTAINMENT|ECONOMY|SPORTS|TECHNOLOGY|FASHION|AX-TV
COMMUNIST FORCES ROUTED, CABINET RESHUFFLE, OVER 13,000 REDS ARRESTED
President Junker cracks down on Communist sympathisers and pro-Miguelito politicians, former ministers face charges of treasonImage
Presidente Ulrich Santiago del Rosario-Junker disembarks from the presidential jet, victorious. Following the defeat of Communist forces in Oostfalea, Nestiland, President Junker's approval rate soars to 87%. To combat dissident politicians, President Junker dissolves parliament and the cabinet of ministers. Following multiple arrests by federal police, thousands face charges of assisting the enemy, and several ministers face charges of treason. [Photo: Leon Domiguez]

By: Leonardo Henandez-Almeda
Published: 30th August 2018

Thousands appeared to cheer on President Junker's victory against communist forces. In a desperate counterattack, small groups of armed militants attacked the capitals of Nestiland and Oostfalea, seeking to distract the government forces, to no avail. Through determination and sacrifice, the Alexian troops routed the Communist forces. In Terbugao City, precise airstrikes and cruise missile strikes systematically destroyed rebel communications and logistics. In the final day of fighting in Terbugao, leader of the TPLF, Xiao Lim, as well as his entourage of communist leaders and staff, were seen boarding a small fishing sampan and attempted to flee the beleaguered city in the dead of night. Night vision sensors aboard the RAS T-63 minelayer vessel thwarted their escape, and soon the vicious gang were stopped dead in their tracks by the bright searchlights of multiple navy ships and helicopters. The boat's outboard engine was disabled by a fishing net snagging the propellers. Without the ability to escape, Xiao Lim attempted to drown himself but was ultimately hauled aboard the RAS T-63, wet and unconscious. He will stand trial on the 23rd of December.
28th of August, Nestilandian Federal Police investigators outside the country home of arrested politician
and former member of the PPP, Keifer Kreme.
He and Jane Lorenza are former PPP members of the cabinet who have
been arrested on charges of treason. Another 395 arrests were made on the same day.

Multiple high profile arrests have been carried out across Alexis, bringing the total to almost 13,500. Most of whom worked for the People's Power Party, or had ties to the TPLF and Alexian Communist Party. Among those arrested was former Minister of Health, Kiefer Kreme. On holiday in his country home in Casa Blanca, Nestiland Federal Police vehicles surrounded his home at 4.20 A.M. and Kreme emerged in his pyjamas, and taken away to the Capital for questioning. Former Minister of Foreign Affairs Jane Lorenza put up a tougher fight. On her 30 ha villa in the foothills of Mt. Blanca, nearby the town of Kabayan, Terudel Federal Police demanded that she and her family surrender themselves. What followed was gunfire, to which the police responded by bringing up the military's armoured personnel carriers. Under cover of smoke, TEFPOL officers, SWAT and NATPOL agents approached the compound behind their armoured vehicles. Before the police could fire back, Lorenza and her family gave themselves up, at 9.33 P.M.. Operators of La Santos' personal hit squad and secret police were also among those arrested. Many of these people appeared at police stations with black bags over their heads or wore black-out sunglasses to hide their identities. More light is being shed on their dubious motives and allegiance to the dictator Miguelito. Department 4, or the "Noche", as they were known by Miguelito, had been thoroughly quashed.

By Presidential order, Lieutenant of Terudel, Deuterium Jones had been relieved, on the accusation that he had endangered the lives of the citizens he had sworn to protect. The former army officer pleaded his innocence with the crowd gathered outside his home in Gatayan City, pelting him with eggs and stones as he was forcefully removed from his home to answer to the Terudel State Courts by police. Soldiers of the AFFRA stood guard outside key government buildings across the nation, and a minute of silence is to be held before ABA matches this coming week, to remember the sacrifices of the brave soldiers of Alexis who gave their lives in the fight against communism.

Much is yet to be done about the effects that the conflict has had on Alexis. Over 700,000 Terudelians have sought refuge in Oostfalea, fleeing the advance of Communist forces. They occupy makeshift camps along the border and stretch Oostfalean troops and police who desperately try to maintain law and order in the border regions. Maverick City has seen a stark increase in crime following the arrival of thousands of Terudelians. The thousands of communist prisoners also pose a problem for the government. President Junker had proposed re-education for the former insurgents, while Rear Admiral van der Huis instead insisted on "harsh treatment". Whatever the government chooses, there remains the problem of rebuilding the nation. Facades of colonial-era buildings dotted with bullets, the tech-infused lines of structural expressionist buildings now express sorrow and the scars of conflict. Roads and railways are torn up by bombings, destroyed vehicles and armour line the sides of streets, children playing on the wreckage, scavengers looting abandoned houses and depots. Thousands of square kilometers of Alexis remain lost in the colonial era, and schools remain closed. President Junker has said he intends to rectify these problems in the next two years, and beyond should the people give him the mandate to lead the nation.

The new cabinet remains a mystery, though sources suggest much less politicians from the PPP to make a comeback. It is still unclear whether Kreme or Lorenza will be incarcerated. The National House will release the details of the new cabinet on the 15th of August.
    Read More...
  • The United States moves to deal with Alexis over naval basing rights
  • Hellenic Air Force, ROK Air Force plan to sell Alexis 50 F4 Phantom IIs, USA offers modernization programme for aged fighters
  • Local governments demand Central Government support for infrastructure
  • Cannibal warlord "El Diablo" arrested in Cauayan City brothel
  • Alexis' prototype MBT makes debut in Battle for Terbugao City
  • Enemies no more: Netherlands and Spain promise support for President Junker

Terudel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Terudel » Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 pm

TERUDEL TIMES
COMMUNISTS DEFEATED; ALEXIS CELEBRATES
PRESIDENT JUNKER KEEPS TO HIS PROMISE

By: Jen Smith
Date: 30th August 2018

Alexians celebrate as the communists have finally been defeated. President Ulrich Satiago del Rosario-Junker has kept to his promise to crush the communist rebellion. Pro-Miguelito ministers and party members have been arrested as well as the TPLF leader, Xiao Lim. He will stand trial on the 23rd of December.

Terudelians rejoiced on the streets and chanted, “Ulrich! Ulrich! Ulrich!” clearly showing their support and approval of the President. President Junker’s approval rating has rose to 87% over the past week, making him a strong candidate for next year’s upcoming elections.

Premier Redrich announced during his press conference, “The People’s Power Party has gotten rid of pro-Miguelito members and we now pledge our allegiance to the government. Democracy lives on!”

This victory may be the deciding factor on whether there will be a second presidential term for Ulrich Junker.

More stories:
Premier Redrich to appoint a new Lieutenant of the PPP after Deuterium Jones’ dismissal
General Obersky Torres calls for modernization of the army
The Rise and Fall of Miguelito will be out in bookstores soon nationwide

Terudel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Terudel » Mon May 21, 2018 8:20 am

The Rise And Fall Of Miguelito

By Jeremy De Luna

Chapter 1: The Birth Of A Prodigy

Miguelito Luiz De La Santos II was born on the 24th of August 1976 in a small house in Rosario, Terbugao City. His father, Miguelito Luiz De La Santos was an orthopedic surgeon in Rosario Community Hospital while his mother, Camilla Laine De La Santos, was a singer. His mother described him as a "small, slightly chubby baby with a smile that could light up the world". Miguelito was well-loved by his parents and those around him during his early childhood.

His neighbour, Mdm Jamison recalled, "Miguelito was a shy boy. A very shy one. He usually sat at the side and watched the other kids play. His best friend was his book. I noticed that he developed a habit of reading at a very young age." She continued, "What I found interesting was that he particularly liked books about World War II. It is far different from what kids read at that age. He really had a thing for history."

Indeed, Miguelito loved books about the Second World War. He read books about Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Winston Churchill, Adolf Hitler. The list could go on for days. In school, his teachers loved him. He was attentive in class and did very well. The lowest he got for a subject was a C and that was for Art. His strengths lie in Mathematics, Science, and History. He developed his interests in the three subjects early and that interest would only grow as he got older.

There were no clear signs that Miguelito was a maniac during his childhood days. However, there were instances where he would talk about being a king one day and punishing those who would try to take his throne away from him. Of course, no one took that seriously coming from a young boy. Nobody could have foreseen what would become of that small, innocent boy from the small town of Rosario.

Chapter 2: His High School and College Days

A picture of Theresa(quality of the picture had been enhanced)

Miguelito attended Rosario High in 1989. There, he would meet his high school sweetheart, Theresa. He met her during Biology class when he was 13. They sat next to each other and Miguelito said later that he made the first move. They spoke to each other and discovered that they shared the same interests. After that class, they became really close friends. They would eat lunch together, walk in the park together but according to Miguelito, what she enjoyed most was when he would read to her the Diary of Anne Frank.

"I could see in her eyes that she was really into it. She would listen to every word, understanding it and feeling it." Miguelito said in an interview when asked about his first love. When he was 14, Miguelito finally confessed his feelings to her and was delighted to know that she felt the same way towards him too. From there on, nothing could tear them apart. If you would look at Miguelito then, according to his schoolmates, you would never think that he could be a ruthless maniac. It just did not fit.

Miguelito and Theresa would go on to the same university together, Gatayan City State University. They both took Medicine as their course. However, Theresa would die in a car crash and Miguelito would never be the same again. He didn't leave his room for a week. His mother said that she only heard his cries, filled with sorrow. Miguelito would later dedicate all his successful surgeries to her. Miguelito, based on what he saw when he was a child while visiting his father in the hospital, would go on to be a cardiothoracic surgeon. He was also the leader of the srudent union in Gatayan City State University during his school days.

Chapter 3: The Civil War And First Year As President

In 2006, Miguelito would volunteer to join the rebellion that planned to oust the Spanish and the Dutch. Prior to that, he was not involved in any military activity but he finally chose to join, in hope of a liberated and free Alexis. He joined the People's Power Party when he was 18 and slowly moved up the ranks. That was why when he joined the army, he was immediately made a Warrant Officer. He would later be promoted to First Lieutenant in 2013. During his time in the military, he would meet Ernécito Johnson de Los Reyes Santiago de Fiŕenze Jr. and Juan Mike Bennington, Premier of Nestiland and Minister of Information respectively.

He led his troops to many victories during his 10 years in the army. Because of this, he would later be seen as a war hero. He fought for independence and he succeeded. This victory against the Spanish and Dutch would allow him to win the Presidential Elections of November 2016 against Colonel Sanders with 73.36% of the vote. His task would be a difficult one as he had to pull Alexis out of poverty.

His first few months as President was not so, to put it simply, evil. He made short speeches to the crowd and took public transport in order to interact with the citizens. His atrocities began with the kidnapping of his former election opponent, Colonel Sanders. He claimed later that Sanders was part of a communist conspiracy. He brutally killed Sanders and his family and ordered his secret service, the Noche, to dump the bodies in Maverick Bay.

He continued by ordering the executions of thousands of communists. In his first year as President, he was responsible for more than 300,000 deaths. He married the Premier of Terudel, Zelha Ferdel Reed, in the same year. He used the state money to pay for his entire massive wedding celebration that was televised nationwide.

Chapter 4: The Final Year

In 2018, news broke out that the Philippines have taken Islas De Aguilas. Miguelito was quick to act by requesting emergency powers from the Federal Senate, in which he was granted after getting majority of the vote. Miguelito saw this as an opportunity to consolidate his power. He read about how Hitler used the Enabling Act of 1933 to give him unlimited power.

Miguelito claimed that the emergency powers was necessary and that he would use it to save Alexis from the threat of war. No one knew at that time that he never intended to go to war with the Philippines and that he made a secret pact with China to make sure that the communist forces would be armed in Alexis.

Though he claimed the lives of thousands of communists, he never hated communism. In fact, he staged the battle between the communists and the state to make it more necessary for him to be given more power to defuse the threat. After he signed a peace treaty with the Philippines without putting a fight, the army and most notably, Premier of Oostfalea Alexander Springsteen lost confidence in him. An attempted assassination on Miguelito severely injured Defence Minister Jeremiah Mignon.

Miguelito would put all ministers and army generals on house arrest and ordered the Noche to execute Order 77, which was to eliminate all those whom he deemed was a threat to his position. The first person was General Ulrich Junker. However, the leader of the Noche, Tersal Ainge, knew the value of General Ulrich and instead decided to spare his life.

Because of that, the Oostfalean forces were able to land on the Capital and start their liberation of the nation. Miguelito was already a full-fledged dictator and chose not to back down. He called for his secret service once again to direct their attacks on the civilians after thousands marched onto the streets to protest.

The civilians were killed in a brutal manner and when Ainge saw what had been done, he decided to turn on Miguelito. Miguelito's wife, however, took matters into her own hands. She killed Miguelito later that night before taking her own life. This was only discovered after thorough investigations.

Though Miguelito's rule was short, he sure will be remembered as a brutal dictator who killed heartlessly and did everything he could to keep his power.

Final Chapter: Why did Miguelito become a maniac?

A letter was found inside Miguelito's drawer after his death. It stated his sorrows after the death of Theresa and the reasons why he killed so many people.

He wrote:
When I lost Theresa, the entire world came crashing down on me. I felt like I lost my purpose in life. She was everything to me. We talked about our plans for the future. We were going to get married after we graduate. But instead, her life was taken away. The man who was driving the vehicle that crashed into her car was not charged. The man was Colonel Sanders. My hatred for him is beyond anything in this world. I had to find a way to punish him for what he did to my dear Theresa.

When I became President, I made sure he would pay for his sins. After her death, I felt that there was no need for mercy. Life showed no mercy for her. So, I killed heartlessly, showing no mercy to those who perished. I had 5 wives in my life but I only have 1 love and that is Theresa.

Based on this, we can conclude that if Theresa had not died, Miguelito would not have turned into a brutal dictator. Maybe if that was the case, thousands of Alexians would have been spared. But in the end, no one can really predict what would have happened if the circumstances were different. This short book shows how 1 incident can be the basis of a catastrophe.
Last edited by Terudel on Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:07 am, edited 5 times in total.

Terudel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Terudel » Fri May 25, 2018 8:14 am

TERUDEL TIMES
GENERAL OBERSKY TORRES HONOURED BY PREMIER REDRICH FOR HIS CONTRIBUTIONS DURING THE WAR AGAINST COMMUNISM
General Torres led the V Gatayan Corps during the battle to retake Terbugao CityImage
Photo by Lieutenant Desmond Ramos

By: Yasmin Ténor
1st September 2018

With the success of the V Gatayan Corps during the retaking of Terbugao City from the communist forces, Premier Franklin Redrich took the time to honour and congratulate General Obersky Torres. General Obersky Torres led the V Gatayan Corps and was successful. His tactics quickly pushed the communist forces to the far eastern end of the city, where more troops sent by the Capital were stationed.

The leader of the communist forces, Xiao Lim, was in Terbugao City when the V Gatayan Corps entered the city. He was seen attempting to flee the city but was caught and arrested.

General Obersky Torres went up to the podium and shook hands with the Premier and addressed the press. "Firstly, I wanna thank Premier Redrich for having faith in me during the war against communism. He entrusted me with the responsibility to command the V Gatayan Corps to retake the city that we lost to the communist forces, although the loss of the city could have been prevented if the former lieutenant of the PPP had not acted so recklessly. But still, we must celebrate our victory and I can assure you that the communists will never oppress us anymore!"

The press conference was followed by a dinner with the Premier and distinguished guests. Among those guests were President Ulrich Junker, the Premiers of Nestiland and Oostfalea and other army generals. The dinner was not only to celebrate the General's success but also for the army generals to have a break after the sleepless nights during the war against communism.

More Stories:
Redrich announces the expected date for the grand opening of the 2 Integrated Resorts in Terudel
Typhoon Dolores claims the lives of 256 people and damage has amounted to over 1.5 million Baavs worth
Fire in a mall in Ciudad De Alexis kills 8 people
Last edited by Terudel on Fri May 25, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Terudel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Terudel » Sat May 26, 2018 5:10 am

BIOGRAPHY: CHOU YUTZU

CHOU YUTZU

Chairwoman of PPP-Terudel
Incumbent
Assumed Office
26th July 2018

Preceeded by: Joseph De Guzman
Vice-Chairman of PPP-Terudel

In Office
20th July 2018 to 25th July 2018
Preceded by: Jennifer Smith
Succeeded by: Desmond Gree
Personal Details

Born: 21st August 1994 (age 24)
Taipei, Taiwan
Nationality: Alexian
Race: Taiwanese
Residence: Gatayan City, Terudel, Alexis
Height: 1.7 m
Weight: 47 kg

Political Party: PPP- Terudel

Spouse: Franklin José Redrich (m. 2017-Present)
Children: Theodore Fredrick Redrich (b. 2018)

Relatives: Chou Jieqiong (Mother)

Alma Mater: National Taiwan University

Chou Yutzu (b. 21st August 1994), is an Alexian politician and Chairwoman of the People's Power Party in Terudel. She succeeded Joseph De Guzman as the Chairwoman of the PPP-Terudel since the 26th of July 2018.

Chou was the only child of Chou Jieqiong. She grew up in a small apartment in Taiwan. She was a quiet girl and she did very well in school.

Chou has studied in the National Taiwan University, and graduated with a degree in Political Science. She was interested in politics since she was young.

She replaced Joseph De Guzman as the Chairman of the PPP-Terudel on the 26th of July 2018, as he was sacked for being part of a communist conspiracy. After she became the Chairwoman of the PPP, the Terudelians referred to her and Redrich as the 'power couple'.

Chou met her spouse, Franklin Redrich, on a street in Taiwan. They bumped to each other and Redrich made the first move. They got married on March 21st 2017 in a small church just outside Gatayan City. Chou gave birth to their first son, Theodore Fredrick Redrich, on February 27th 2018. She is 7 years younger than Redrich. She has described FJR as a loving and caring husband who puts family first.

Early Life
A picture of a young
Chou

Chou Yutzu was born on the 21st of August 1994, in Taipei, Taiwan. She lived in Taipei for her entire young life. Her mother had a small business, selling dumplings and noodles. She was the Valedictorian of her elementary school and also did well in junior and senior high.

She gained admission to the National Taiwan University and graduated with a degree in Political Science. She worked as a legislative assistant in Taiwan before moving to Alexis.

Political Career
When she got married to Franklin Redrich, the former Premier of Terudel, Zelha Ferdel Reed, offered her a position in the Party, which she gladly accepted. Not much was known about her during that time.

When Redrich became Premier on 20th July 2018, she was appointed as the Vice-Chairman of the PPP. 6 days later, the Chairman of the PPP at that time, Joseph De Guzman, was sacked and arrested. Immediately, Chou took over to become the Chairwoman of the PPP.

Recently, she has established a 'hot line' between the three states of Alexis so that there will be direct communication with the two other states.

Personal Life
Chou played archery in her younger days. She has won many archery competitions and wishes to promote the sport in Terudel. She is also a great dancer.
Chou in one of the archery
competitions that she participated in

Chou enjoys watching on Netflix on her free time as well as gardening. She goes to schools in Gatayan City to promote healthy eating as well as visiting the homes for the elderly to interact with them.

She is very close to her husband and they are always seen walking together around the city with her in Redrich's arms. During the week of her birthday last year, Redrich brought her on a trip around Europe as a gift. She described that as 'one of the best weeks of her life'.

She says that there is a possibility that she will represent Alexis in international archery competitions if the opportunity arises.
Last edited by Terudel on Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:24 am, edited 7 times in total.

Terudel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Terudel » Sat May 26, 2018 8:12 am

DELETED
Last edited by Terudel on Mon May 28, 2018 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terudel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Terudel » Sun May 27, 2018 2:33 am

TORRE DEL MAR, FEDERAL STATE OF TERUDEL
0620 HOURS, 25°C, CLOUDY
6th of SEPTEMBER, 2018
VAN DER TRAMP FAMILY

In a small house located in Torre Del Mar, lived a family of four. Mr. Paul Van Der Tramp was a farmer trying to make a living for him and his family. He had two children, Emma and Lucas. His wife, Mdm. Helen Tatsunagi, was a Japanese immigrant who he had met in Terbugao City 13 years ago. Emma was 10 while Lucas was 7. Their school is an hour ride from the house.

Today was their first day going back to school after classes were suspended for almost 2 months due to the communist insurgency in Terbugao City. The mayor of Torre Del Mar feared that the communists would also try to take Torre Del Mar due to its close proximity to the city. Fortunately, that was not the case. Torre Del Mar remained peaceful throughout and finally, when the news broke out that the communists were defeated, life went back to normal.

The Van Der Tramp family did not really care about the communist situation in Alexis. They had little knowledge about politics or whatsoever. The only thing that mattered to them was that they were able to sustain themselves with food and water as well as sending their kids to school.

They felt proud to be called Terudelians back when the former President Miguelito De La Santos II was elected. But when his atrocities were exposed, only shame was brought upon them. They believed that Miguelito would provide poor families with some form of aid but it never came.

Because of that, they were eager to vote when it was announced that there was going to be an election for the Premiership of Terudel. They wanted a leader who would address their issues. They voted for Franklin Redrich, the young and upcoming politician who promised a better life for all Terudelians. His wife, Chou YuTzu, took the first step by establishing a platform, through the respective mayors, for the citizens to voice out their concerns.

So far, it has been effective as both Chou and Redrich took their time to listen to what their citizens have to say and decide on what should be done for the people. Mr. Van Der Tramp suggested that the government of Terudel should have some form of aid for families who have a gross household monthly income of less than B35 000.

The mayor then received a letter from Redrich a few days after the suggestion was made. It was then mailed to Van Der Tramp. The telegram stated:
Dear Mr. Van Der Tramp,

I have read your suggestion and took some time to think about it. It is something that is very possible for my government to do. However, it would require a few months before we can fully implement it. I hope that you understand this. My government is aware of your needs and we will try our best to meet all of it. As for now, I have asked your mayor to provide two sacks of rice for each family in Torre Del Mar as you stated that your family, as well as others in Torre Del Mar, is struggling to put food on the table. I hope that these two sacks of rice can help a little. I assure you that very soon, life would be better.

Yours SIncerely,
Franklin Redrich
Premier of Terudel

Mr. Van Der Tramp was pleased when he received the letter. At least, the government listens to its citizens. He was optimistic that one day, his family would enjoy life without worrying about their basic necessities like food. He placed the letter inside his drawer and called the kids.

He walked them to school before starting his job in the fields. He told the other farmers about the letter, giving them hope. His friend and fellow farmer, Fernando, said, "Well look at that! Looks like we voted for the right candidate eh? I gu..." The plantation owner interrupted them, "What you lil' punks talkin bout? Get back to work!"

The two of them together with the other farmers got back to what they were supposed to be doing. Paul whispered to Fernando, "What you think bout the idea of goin to school buddy?"

"Ummm....aren't we too old for that? Besides, being a farmer is decent. You earn money."

"I don't wanna be a farmer forever. I wanna have a better life. I don't know...maybe I should go back to school then I can get a better job you know."

"Well, up to you buddy. I mean, your kids are going to school. They can get a good job when they graduate then they can bring the entire family to the city and have a better life. Save the money that you are going to spend on your education. Use it for them. You already gettin old. Think bout retirement, not getting a new job." Paul simply nodded and went back to planting rice. Clearly, he expected a better answer from his friend.
Last edited by Terudel on Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

Terudel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Terudel » Sun May 27, 2018 5:19 am

THE ALEXIS ARBITER
ABA ALL-STAR TEAM MEMBERS ANNOUNCED; ALL-STAR GAME TO BE HELD IN GATAYAN CITY
Top MVP contenders La Santos III and Ang Zhou Lin will face off in this year's all-star gameImage
All-Star Game to be held in Gatayan City Coliseum, home of the Gatayan City Freefox

By: Jeff Van Mundy
Published: 7th September 2018

This year's Alexian Basketball Association All-Star Game will be played in Gatayan City Coliseum on the 14th of December 2018. Last year's All-Star Game saw the West beat the East 145-141. This year's matchup has a lot of hype with the top two contenders for the Most Valuable Player Award facing off.

The East Team Starters:
PG: Unger De Klerk (Koningsdam Kaisers) 19.2 ppg 4.7 rpg 9.4 apg 1.3 bpg
SG: Miguelito Luiz De La Santos III (Gatayan City Freefox) 31.1 ppg 5.2 rpg 5.7 apg 1.8 spg
SF: Matthias Andrews (Maverick Bay Buzzards) 15.2 ppg 5.4 rpg 6.1 apg 1.7 spg 1.8 bpg
PF: Benjamin Joey Oestertag (Koningsdam Kaisers) 14.0 ppg 8.4 rpg 4.8 apg 2.7 bpg
C: Erwin Koning (Koningsdam Kaisers) 17.9 ppg 11.1 rpg 3.2 apg 3.5 bpg

The East Team Bench:
PG: Aleksander Srijnemaker-Manjeres (Gatayan City Freefox) 11.1 ppg 14.2 apg
SG: Ernis Armendarez (Maverick Bay Buzzards) 21.2 ppg 4.1 rpg 3.2 apg
SF: Jaime Christian Benito (Alexis City Conquerors) 18.2 ppg 3.8 rpg 3.2 apg
PF: Kevin Derrick Davenport (Maverick Bay Buzzards) 23.6 ppg 8.2 rpg 1.4 bpg
C: Eduardo Feliz San Miguel (Gatayan City Freefox) 14.1 ppg 10.6 rpg 2.8 bpg

The West Team Starters:
PG: Juan Bennington Jr. (Nesborough City Skyforce) 22.4 ppg 8.2 rpg 3.1 apg 2.1 spg
SG: Bruce Romeijnsen (Aurora City Typhoons) 20.3 ppg 4 rpg 2.1 apg
SF: Victor Balcazar-Baneres (Nesborough City Skyforce) 16.6 ppg 6.7 rpg 5.1 apg
PF: Andrei Zakarovich (Los Santos Stars) 14.9 ppg 10.1 rpg 5.1 apg 2.5 bpg
C: Ang Zhou Lin (Requiem Raiders) 23.2 ppg 16.2 rpg 3.9 bpg

The West Team Bench:
PG: Rodney Parker (Requiem Raiders) 13.2 ppg 11.1 apg
SG: Rodrigo David-Davao (Nesborough City Skyforce) 17.1 ppg 4.5 rpg 4.2 apg
SF: Heinrich Collins-Roberto (Aurora City Typhoons) 14.1 ppg 8.5 rpg 7.4 apg
PF: Aiden Louiz Vizcaya (Aurora City Typhoons) 13 ppg 8.1 rpg 4.1 apg 2.5 bpg
C: Roberto Bautista (Los Santos Stars) 14.3 ppg 9.8 rpg 4.0 apg 1.8 bpg

On the 13th of December, The 3 Point Contest and the Dunk Contest will be held.

3 Point Contest Contestants:
Miguelito Luiz De La Santos III (Gatayan City Freefox) 9 attempts per game 41.2% from 3
Unger De Klerk (Koningsdam Kaisers) 12 attempts per game 44.3% from 3
Andersen Rijndeer (Nesborough City Skyforce) 8 attempts per game 36.7% from 3
Jaime Christian Benito (Alexis City Conquerors) 10 attempts per game 37.2% from 3
Roberto Balderas (Requiem Raiders) 7 attempts per game 35.3% from 3
Chester Antonio-Sanchez (Alexis City Conquerors) 12 attempts per game 39.4% from 3

Dunk Contest Contestants:
Ang Zhou Lin (Requiem Raiders)
Albert De Herrera (Gatayan City Freefox)
Robinson Pope-World (Los Santos Stars)
Martijn Koning (Koningsdam Kaisers)

More Stories
Rumor: La Santos III dating sister of Ang Zhou Lin
Wife of FJR may participate in international archery competitions
Minister of Social Affairs, Michael De Santa Philipps injured due to car accident
Last edited by Terudel on Mon May 28, 2018 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terudel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Terudel » Tue May 29, 2018 5:39 am

ABA SEASON 2 ON UVA-TNJ: WEEK 6
PUNDIT OPINIONS

98 (4-2)
97 (5-1)
BENNINGTON JR, Juan (PG) 28 pts 8 rebs 5 asts 4 stls 8/14 fg 9/11 ftANG, Zhou Lin (C) 22 pts 18 rebs 3 asts 6 blks 7/10 fg 8/11 ft
BALCAZAR-BANERES, Victor (SF) 17 pts 7 rebs 6 asts 2 blks 8/15 fgPARKER, Rodney (PG) 8 pts 3 rebs 12 asts 2 stls 1/7 fg 6/8 ft
ALEJANDRO-SANTA ANA, Diego (C) 10 pts 12 rebs 3 asts 1 stl 1 blk 5/5 fgGONSALEZ, Louis (SG) 8 pts 8 rebs 7 asts 4 stls 2 blks 2/6 fg 4/4 ft

RING OF REQUIEM STADIUM

Both teams exchanged leads back and forth throughout the entire game. The largest lead was 3, which was by the Raiders during the second quarter. Ang Zhou Lin scored a clutch basket with 6 seconds to go to give his team a 97-96 lead. Luckily for the Skyforce, they had 1 timeout left and was able to advance the ball to halfcourt.

Coach Boyvya wanted the ball in Bennington Jr's hands. They inbounded the ball to him and he pump faked at the 3 point line before driving in. Ang Zhou Lin looked like he was able to block the layup but was too late and touched the ball when it was already on the backboard. Ang was called for a goaltend with 0.2 seconds to go, giving the Skyforce a 98-97 lead.

Furthermore, the Raiders had no timeouts left. They tried their luck by inbounding to Parker, with him throwing a quick full court shot but misfired. The Skyforce escaped with a 1 point victory, giving the Raiders their first loss in the season.

78 (1-5)
99 (3-3)
JAMAL, Lamarcus (PG) 15 pts 11 asts 2 stls 6/8 fg 3/5 3ptDAVENPORT, Kevin Derrick (PF) 30 pts 12 rebs 3 blks 12/16 fg 6/7 ft
BAUTISTA, Roberto (C) 12 pts 10 rebs 4/9 fg 4/7 ftANDREWS, Matthias (SF) 16 pts 8 rebs 10 asts 6/9 fg
ZAKAROVICH, Andrei (PF) 14 pts 8 rebs 4 asts 2 blks 7/21 fgARMENDAREZ, Ernis (SG) 18 pts 3 rebs 4 asts 6/9 fg

MAVERICK BAY STADIUM

This game was all Buzzards. The Stars had no answer for Davenport, Andrews and Armendarez. All three of them shot the ball well, making more than 60% of their field goals. The highest scorer for the Stars was Zakarovich, who had 14 pts. He shot the ball poorly, missing 14 of his 21 attempts. Davenport bullied him in the paint for the entire game.

The Buzzards now have a 3-3 record and are third in the Eastern Conference and sixth in the entire league. They would need to get more wins if they want to avoid having a first round matchup with the defending champions, Koningsdam Kaisers in the first round of the playoffs.

103 (6-0)
100 (5-1)
LA SANTOS III, Miguelito (SG) 38 pts 7 rebs 7 asts 2 stls 12/20 fg 7/7 ftKONING, Erwin (C) 24 pts 11 rebs 3 ast 3 blk 10/13 fg 4/5 ft
SAN MIGUEL, Eduardo Feliz (C) 16 pts 12 rebs 3 blks 8/10 fgKONING, Martijn (SG) 18 pts 5 rebs 7 ast 2 stls 4/10 fg 6/6 ft
SRIJNEMAKER-MANJERES, Aleksander (PG) 12 pts 16 asts 3/10 fg 6/9 ftDE KLERK, Unger (PG) 13 pts 5 rebs 9 ast 3/9 fg 4/4 ft

KONINGSDAM PALACE

This game showed why La Santos III is the most clutch player in the ABA. With 2 seconds to go, La Santos III hit a well contested 3 as the time expired to give the Freefox a 103-100 victory over the defending champions. La Santos III had a great game overall, finishing with 38 points, 7 rebounds and 7 assists. Srijnemaker-Manjeres dished out 16 assists.

Erwin Koning had a dominant game as usual, finishing with 24 points, 11 rebounds and 3 blocked shots. Miguelito's team is still undefeated in the season while the Kaisers suffered their first loss. Gatayan City's coach, Ang, said during the press conference, "If Miguelito is not the MVP, then I don't know who else is."

78 (3-3)
45 (0-6)
ROMEIJNSEN, Bruce (SG) 18 pts 4 rebs 3 asts 8/13 fgBENITO, Jaime Christian (SF) 10 pts 4 rebs 3 asts 5/24 fg
VIZCAYA, Aiden Louiz (PF) 12 pts 10 rebs 3 blks 6/9 fgANDERSSEN, Jan (C) 7 pts 6 rebs 4 asts 2/8 fg 3/7 ft
KARZEBEGOVIC, Andre (C) 14 pts 6 rebs 2 blks 4/9 fg 6/7 ftAALBORG, Marcus (PG) 6 pts 2 rebs 5 asts 0/6 fg 6/8 ft

TYPHOON KINGDOM

This game was ugly to watch. The Conquerors have proven to all of Alexis that they are the Brooklyn Nets of the ABA. They shot horrendously from the field with their highest scorer, Benito, only managing 10 pts and making only 5 out of his 24 attempts. The Typhoons played a slow tempo game throughout but the Conquerors were still not able to do anything.

The Conquerors are still winless and have lost 6 straight games. The Typhoons are currently third in the Western Conference and fifth in the entire league. The Conquerors will most likely face the Raiders in the first round of the playoffs, in which they are expected to be blown out by an average of 40 points.

Eastern Conference Standings:
1st - Gatayan City Freefox (6-0)
2nd - Koningsdam Kaisers (5-1)
3rd - Maverick Bay Buzzards (3-3)
4th - Alexis City Conquerors (0-6)

Western Conference Standings:
1st- Requiem Raiders (5-1)
2nd - Nesborough City Skyforce (4-2)
3rd - Aurora City Typhoons (3-3)
4th - Los Santos Stars (1-5)
Last edited by Terudel on Tue May 29, 2018 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Terudel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Terudel » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:27 am

1820 HOURS, 27°C, CLOUDY
9th of SEPTEMBER, 2018
FRANKLIN JOSÉ REDRICH

Redrich addressing the crowd

Redrich went up to the podium with the pre-written speech on his hand. He surveyed the crowd who came to see him speak about the problems in Terudel and Alexis. He finally took a deep breath and began his speech. "Ladies and gentlemen of Terudel, a very good evening to all of you. You have suffered a great deal over the past two years. The interest of our former enemies led to the severest oppression of the entire nation. All the promises made by the former government proved to be, if not acts of intentional deception, then no less damnable illusions. The “achievements of Miguelito” were, taken in their entirety, agreeable for only the smallest of fractions of our people, but for the overwhelming majority, were forced to earn their daily bread by honest work and were infinitely sad."

He paused for a moment then proceeded with what he had to say. "It is understandable that the survival instinct of Miguelito and those guilty of their actions invents a thousand euphemisms and excuses. In the course of the past two years, our people have suffered deterioration in all sectors of life, which could have been inconceivably greater. The question as to what, if anything, could have been worse than in these times is a question which cannot be answered in light of the political and economic inheritance which once existed.

The number of people who inwardly supported the Miguelito regime in spite of the suggestive significance and ruthless exploitation of the executive power dwindled, in the end, to a mere fraction of the entire nation. The program for the reconstruction of Terudel is determined by the magnitude of the distress crippling our political, moral and economic life."

His tone was beginning to be more aggressive, openly criticising Miguelito and his wrongdoings. "Miguelito's regime blamed the communists for our sufferings, though in the end, it was found to be his own doing. Still, communism will not be tolerated in our sovereign nation. The communist insurgency claimed the lives of many innocent people. Only by means of its immediate action was the Government able to ward off a development which would have shaken all of Alexis had it proceeded to its disastrous end. Several of those who fraternize with the interests of Communism both within and outside of Terudel, motivated by hatred during the national uprising, would themselves have become victims of such a development.

It had been the utmost goal of the Terudelian Government to stamp out and eliminate every trace of this phenomenon, not only in the interest of Terudel, but in the interest of the rest of Alexis. Because of our determination, I can proudly say that we have achieved our utmost goal. The fight against Communism in Alexis was an internal affair, in which we never tolerated outside interference. Only Miguelito would tell people that he had 'asked' for help from other 'communist' nations. Yet, this 'help' that he asked for was to provide the communists with weapons to spread fear among the citizens and oppress this nation one day under communist rule. We had defused the threat of communism by our own hands and we should take pride in what we did."

Now Redrich began to make hand gestures, showing that he meant every word he said, passion burning in his eyes. "Miguelito's rule had plunged this nation into economic despair. Great are the tasks of the National Government in the sphere of economic life. They must revive our economy and the salvation of the Alexian peasant must be achieved at all costs. The restoration of the profitability of the agricultural operations may be hard on the consumer. But the fate which would descend upon the entire Alexian people should the Alexian peasant perish would stand no comparison with these hardships. Only in connection with the profitability of our agriculture which must be achieved at all costs can the problem of debt relief be solved. If this proves to be unsuccessful, the annihilation of our peasants would inevitably lead not only to the collapse of the Alexian economy per se but above all to the collapse of Alexis as a whole.

Furthermore, it is perfectly clear to the National Government that the removal of the distress in both agricultural and urban economy is contingent upon the integration of the army of unemployed in the process of production. It can be solved only by a general pacification in implementing sound natural economic principles and all measures necessary, even if, at the time, they cannot expect to enjoy any degree of popularity. The creation of jobs and compulsory labor service are, in this connection, only isolated measures within the scope of the offensive as a whole.

Therefore, I will do everything I can in my power to ensure that all of you will no longer suffer. The only way for this to work is for the three states to work closely with the National Government." He smiled at the crowd, who were applauding and cheering, before concluding, "Trust and cooperation from all of you will be key to the development of our nation socially, politically and economically. Thank you and God bless you all."

THE ALEXIS ARBITER
FORMER DEFENCE MINISTER JEREMIAH MIGNON DIES AT AGE 68
Mignon had been in a coma for close to 5 months and finally passed on last night

Last photo of Mignon before he was shot (Photo by Jean Manjerez)

By: William Navarro
Published: 11th September 2018

Last night, 10th September 2018, former Defence Minister Jeremiah Mignon passed away. He was 68 years old. Mignon had been in a coma since April after he was shot in the head during an assassination attempt on the former President. The doctors worked round the clock to try and prolong his life. The surgery was successful. However, Mignon would not wake up again.

His family finally decided to remove his life support as there was no chance that he would wake up. He was pronounced dead at 11.34 pm. He was initially suspected for being pro-Miguelito but his innocence was proved after thorough investigations. Prior to the assassination attempt on the former President, Mignon wrote a letter to Franklin Redrich, warning him of Miguelito's plans. Miguelito trusted Mignon but Mignon was aware of Miguelito's atrocities and decided to use that trust to his advantage. It took some time for Redrich to inform the other PPP members in Gatayan City. Before Redrich could contact General Ulrich Junker, false reports were made stating that Junker had died. Furthermore, the other Ministers and Premier Springsteen was under house arrest. Nestilandian Premier and their respective ministers could not be contacted.

Finally, the former President died and Ulrich Junker became President. Redrich passed the letter to the President, who in turn, removed Mignon from the suspected list. Mignon will be buried in Gatayan City Cemetery on the 16th of September.

More Stories:
2 dead and 31 injured after a soldier decided to open fire at a military base in Nestiland
"I didn't expect to win the elections." Exclusive Interview with Premier of Terudel Franklin Redrich
Philippine President Bartolomeo Mateo to visit Alexis in November
Last edited by Terudel on Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:10 am, edited 9 times in total.

Terudel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Terudel » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:47 am

2140 HOURS, 25°C, CLOUDY
12th of SEPTEMBER, 2018
COLONEL KEVIN DOMINGUEZ

Colonel Kevin Dominguez was getting ready to go home when he received a phone call from Sergeant Major Lionel De Los Baños who was stationed in San Miguel. “Good evening Colonel. We need help immediately. Over 80 soldiers in Xenon Base are holding General Obersky Torres hostage together with 90 over soldiers. The 80 men have seized all weapons and are threatening to kill the General and the rest if they don’t get what they want,” Lionel whispered through the phone.

The Colonel asked, “Where are you hiding, Sergeant? And what exactly do these soldiers want?”

“I am hiding in a small room in the basement. I can’t call the police here because the soldiers will kill the hostages if I do.” the Sergeant Major continued, “They want a ransom, Colonel. Over 70 million Baavs.”

The Colonel yelled, “70 million? Those assholes think they have the right to demand so much? Imbeciles! The Premier will not agree to this!”

The Sergeant Major replied, “That is why I called you, sir. We need to rescue them. The nearest military base is in Gatayan City.”

“All right Sergeant. We can’t waste time any further. I’ll inform the Premier and we will send our men to carry out this rescue operation. The Premier and I should agree that this will not be made known to the general public.” The Colonel hanged up and phoned the Premier immediately.

SAN MIGUEL, FEDERAL STATE OF TERUDEL
0120 HOURS, 24°C, CLOUDY
13th of SEPTEMBER, 2018
FIRST LIEUTENANT QUANI FONSI

Soldiers from the capital preparing to infiltrate Xenon Base

Fonsi surveyed the area and signaled to his men to move forward quickly and quietly. He whispered to his walkie-talkie, “Wolf-Alpha-One, this is Potter-Omega-Two. Prepare those grenades. We need the entrance clear before we get in there or we will be slaughtered like pigs out here. Over and out.”

Second Lieutenant Joseph Marcos ordered his soldiers to throw 4 grenades towards the entrance gate. This was followed by gunshots coming from inside. The number of shots reduced as each grenade exploded. Fonsi gave the ‘green light’ to move towards the entrance. There were still a few armed soldiers at the entrance but they were quickly killed. The soldiers made their way to the command room where the General and the other soldiers were held hostage. At the same time, more soldiers infiltrated the base from the back.

Fonsi whispered as he peeked through the door, “There are about 30 armed soldiers there, we can’t guarantee that all the hostages will be alive. I’ll ensure that the General is safe.” On the count of three, the rescue operation team, codenamed Sweepstake, stormed in and began to fire at the armed soldiers. Fonsi quickly eliminated the men near the General and pulled him to safety. Further gunshots were made but they managed to get rid of all the traitors. There were some innocent soldiers who were hit but the mission was a success.

Fonsi spoke into his walkie-talkie, “Big Daddy is safe. All traitors eliminated. Operation Sweepstake successful. Potter-Omega-Two over and out.” They dragged the dead bodies and stacked them up in a corner. The bodies were going to be taken to the capital and buried in the Traitor's Realm, where traitors like the former President Miguelito is buried.

Fonsi contacted Colonel Dominguez, "Colonel, the General is safe. We are on our way back to Gatayan City."

The Colonel praised the lieutenant, "Great job Fonsi. I will inform the Premier right away. When you get back here, report to my office straight away. I have something to discuss with you."

"Understood, Colonel."
Last edited by Terudel on Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Oostfalea
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Oostfalea » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:00 pm

NAVARRO FAMILY

NAVARRO FAMILY

Current region: Alexis
Place of Origin: Lagos, Portugal
Current members:
    Manu Navarro (Age 54)
    Nur Louise bte Salah-Navarro (Age 48)
    Amigo Navarro (Age 52)
    Fox Navarro (Age 29)
    Elise Navarro (Age 27)
    Emmanuel Navarro Jr. (Age 19)
Religions: Catholicism, Islam
Businesses:
    APP Co. Ltd.
    Jolly Chicken
    National Ore Company
    NatWork Telecom
    TV2
Offices:
    Governor of Toledo Province
    Mayor of Toledo
    Finance adviser
    Nestiland Health Group
The Navarro family is an Alexian political family, with prominent positions in Nestilandian politics and economy. Emmanuel Victor Diego "Manu" Navarro has been the patriarch of the family for the past 32 years, assuming control of the family's businesses at the age of 22.

The Navarro family have been involved in public service in the province of Toledo in the State of Nestiland. Governorship of Toledo has been held by Manu Navarro for the past 31 years, and relatives hold high positions within the provincial and state government. Appointments include two district advisers, a health official, five church ministers, two police chiefs and the financial adviser to the Premier of Nestiland.

The net worth of the Navarros has been estimated to be roughly B1.02 trillion, making them the 2nd richest family in Alexis.

HISTORY
The Navarro family are descendants of native Alexiads and Portuguese immigrants. Early records show the first appearance of a Navarro to be in the year 1822, following the arrival of Portuguese missionaries to the islands. The first Navarro, Marcel, settled in Toledo, then a small trading settlement, and married an indigenous maiden, named Nor. They had 6 children, 2 of whom died of malnutrition. Entrepenuering and persuasive, Marcel established the house of Navarro to be an economic juggernaut in Nestiland. He founded Prutas ni Marcel, the progenitor of the now-named Alexian Pacific Produce Co. Ltd. based in Siguenza.

The Navarros entered politics in 1855 when Roberto Juan Dennis Navarro ran for a mayoral position in Toledo. From then on, the Navarro family has clung onto local politics.

World War II
In 1942, the Navarro family faced an economic embargo by the United States of America for apparently selling food products to the Empire of Japan. Despite this, the Navarros continued in their trade with Japan, and amassed a fortune, raising them to become one of the top ten richest families in Alexis by 1945. Following the defeat of Japan, the Navarro family sheltered many Japanese asylum seekers, protecting them from Allied persecution. This collaboration with the Japanese led the Navarro family to face arrest by the Spanish in 1947, though the prosecution could not gather enough evidence against the Navarro family, and charges were eventually dropped in 1950. Historian Paulus van Creek said that the Navarro family had smuggled more than 230 Japanese officers and politicians from Japan.

Post-War
In 1972, the Navarros supported the Nationalist uprising against their colonial overlords Spain and the Netherlands. The rebellion was brutally crushed by Spanish forces, at the 4th Battle of Nesborough. With the rebels retreating to the Highlands of Nestiland, the Spanish seized Prutas ni Marcel, much of their land and property and merged their company with another seized business, the Nestiland Agriculture Co., and formed the National Alexian Export Co.. However, in 1983, great-grandson of Roberto Navarro, Hugo Ramirez de los Reyes-Navarro, became the CEO of the National Alexian Export Co., and renamed it the Alexian Pacific Produce Co. Ltd. in 1984. However, Hugo Navarro was assassinated by Communists Jan Manuel Marquez and Nathan Corazon in 1986, when he visited his plantation in the Batan Highlands. His son, Emmanuel "Manu" Navarro took the position as patriarch of the family at the young age of 22.

Present day
The Navarros currently own 22% of Alexian businesses, and despite pushback by local farmers and businesses, citing the Navarro monopoly on food prices, they have the favour of the Central and State governments. Following death threats by locals, the Navarro family travel with a security detachment of the Nestilandian Police. The Navarro family acquired an open-cast mine in Villanueva de Tapia in 2015 for B544 million from the Rio Tinto group. This came as mining magnate Thomas Aquinas Siguanco also put forward a deal for the open-cast mine in late 2014. The Nestilandian government decided that the mine be awarded to Navarro, and has been operated under the National Ore Company, run by Manu Navarro's brother, Amadeus "Amigo".

Alexian Financial Magazine's poll of over 13,000 readers put the Navarro family as the 3rd most influential family in Alexis, thanks to their numerous political connections within the government. When asked about the growing influence of oligarchs in Alexis, Minister of Finance Albert Henrikzoon said that the government had plans to reduce the influence that these oligarchs possess. In the 2017 presidential elections, an audit reported that over B370 million had been donated to the future president Miguelito la Santos II. The Navarros had been staunch supporters of the la Santos government.

Manu Navarro has long implemented policies in the Province of Toledo that seek to help the lower income families. He had spent nearly B2 billion, a large portion of it his own money, in building soup kitchens for the poor, apartments and public water pumps, as well as to improve the electrical coverage within Toledo Province. Lieutenant of Nestiland, Kevin Armanendez, has said that Navarro does not go through the official channels already put in place for such initiatives. The Navarros have been caught up in a scandal since 2015 about possible human and drug trafficking to and from Alexis. Though investigations have not found any incriminating evidence, Armanendez has said that Nestiland would be keeping a "close eye" on the Navarro family.

FAMILY
This includes only direct family of the patrilineal line of the Navarro Family
ImageImage
Emmanuel Victor Diego "Manu" Navarro and his wife, Nur Louise "Lily" binte Salah-Navarro
Brother of Manu, Amadeus Luiz "Amigo" Navarro
ImageImageImage
Children of Manu and Lily, Fernando Kieth "Fox" Navarro, Elise Simone Navarro and Emmanuel Victor Diego Navarro Jr.
Last edited by Oostfalea on Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nestiland
Secretary

Founded: May 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nestiland » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:53 am

The True Paper
2 Dead After a Military Base Shooting Incident
A military personnel went on a violent shooting spree after being relieved of dutyImage
Photograph of a security personnel at the entrance of Fort Monte Breeze

By: Brandon Marlo
Date: 12th September 2018

After being relieved of his duties, 2nd Sgt. Mark Uterflaggen Benson was escorted out of the compound. After undergoing the annual psychological evaluation examination for military personnel, 2nd SGT Benson was deemed unstable and has a history of mental issues such as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. After wrestling with the security personnel at the gate in the compound he broke free and made a beeline towards the armoury. He then loaded an M4-A1 rifle and brought it to a cafeteria. The shooting incident claimed the lives of 1st Warrant Officer Kent Hernandez Jr. and 1st Sgt. Ivan De La Cruz. Furthermore, 31 others are wounded from the incident, 5 of which are in critical conditions. They were rushed to the nearest general hospital which was 5 kilometers away.

"Benson is actually a nice guy. Although he may have some anger issues and violent impulses from time to time, he's like my brother. We are all brothers in this unit." said Cpl Lance Vance, Sgt, Benson's squad mate. "We kinda noticed that he's been acting up more frequently for the past few months. I can't really blame him. He's been through a lot and lost almost everything."

During his formative years, 2nd Sgt. Benson and 2 of his siblings grew up with abusive caretakers in an orphanage in Nestograd during the war for liberation in the early 80's. 2nd Sgt Benson is a decorated soldier with over 15 years of service in the Alexian military and was deployed to countless missions from the war of liberation to the recent campaign against communist rebel forces. His elder brother was presumed dead after he was reported to be missing in action during the anti-communist campaign during the previous administration. While his other sibling was a chef on board the RAS Wren which was sunk by Philippine harpoon missiles. He too was killed during the incident.

As of now Fort Monte Breeze is still currently in lockdown to ensure security and safety. Col. Dwight Briggs, base commander of Fort Monte Breeze, said in a news conference earlier today that the gunman was immediately taken down in a matter of seconds by security personnel. He also said that psychological evaluations will be done in every quarter and tighter restrictions and security at armories will be put into place. The federal government has also given compensations to the families of the victims who have died. The Premier of Nestiland also stated in a conference earlier that the medical expenses of the injured victims were fully paid by the federal government.

More Stories..
- Phase1 of the national housing project is almost complete
- 4 drug smugglers arrested in homemade submersible
- Chinese AWACS spotted near Alexis waters
- Geothermal energy might power Alexis in the future
- Silver Coast is running out of silver
- RedCats Inc. is looking to establish a port in San Antonio
Last edited by Nestiland on Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nestiland
Secretary

Founded: May 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nestiland » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:25 am

SUNSET DRIVE DISTRICT, NESTOGRAD,
FEDERAL STATE OF NESTILAND,
0620 HOURS, 25°C, OVERCAST,
12th SEPTEMBER 2018,
DOUGLAS-MCDANIEL CONSOLACION

"Nothing is better than kick-starting the day with a gentle breeze and the sedating aroma of fresh coffee." thought Consolacion as he observes the steady progress of the housing project from a balcony of a temporary administration building in the newly created sunset drive district. Despite the loud rambling noise of the heavy machinery, constant yelling of men in reflective jackets and the bustling activity happening below him, Consolacion felt a brief sense of contentment. Earlier on, he had a meeting with the chief directors, chief civil engineers and architects who are in charge of the project in this area. For past few weeks, Consolacion had been visiting the housing projects all over Alexis, checking on their progress and the citizen's living conditions in their new temporary accommodations. As tiring as it was, Consolacion felt confident about the future. Probably the only hardest part of this housing project was to persuade stubborn residences into leave their shanty houses and to move into the temporary accommodations. In several cases, he even went to an extent of paying these "stubborn residences" a visit and giving them a tour of the temporary houses. Most importantly giving them enlightenment about the project and its long-term benefits.

Future high rise houses in sunset drive district. It is one of the first few areas where construction started first.

"Mr. Consolacion, I've just received a memo reminding about a meeting with you and a foreign business tycoon in Ciudad De Alexis?" said Consolacion's secretary, Miss Pauling, jolting Consolacion's mind back to reality.

"Oh yes of course! What was his name again? Robert...Horry?.....Robert Downey?"

"Mr. Robert Tony Sanchez. Big-time oil-tycoon. Listed by Forbes magazine as the world's top 100 richest and most influential person of last year."

"Hmmph. Big time players sure makes big time plays. Send my regards to the chief directors and engineers. Change is coming."

"...a denial! a denial! a denial! a denial! (guitar riff reverberating) You're listening to XCRadio, 110FM. Broadcasting live from Broeklin, in the best state of the Federal Republic. More 90's alternative coming up after this short break, stay tuned."

"I can see the the twenty year old me headbanging to this. What's the matter?" said Consolacion

"Its been thirty minutes and we are still stuck in this Nesborough traffic!"

"Relax Pauling, we will get there in time. Plus the flight from Nesborough airport to the capital is barely an hour. Everything will be fine. Besides, here's another unnoticeable problem; Nesborough's gridlock traffic. Tell me if you find any subway so that we can ditch the car and be free from this morning rush hour. All subway lines should lead us to Nesborough Regional."

"And you are going to use the public transport without security?"

"Nothing is going to happen. Besides I don't think many people remembers the face of the Minister of National Development.

Miss Pauling takes a sip of her cold latte feeling rather anxious. "Oh there's one!" she said.

After informing the driver and ensuring him that he will not be held responsible if anything happens to his VIPs, Consolacion and his secretary exited the vehicle and headed for the subway. Although the subway cars were packed like sardines, Mr. Consolacion would arrive in Nesborough Regional Airport in the nick of time to catch his flight to the capital. As he had expected, not a single person recognized him or even made eye contact with him. Everyone seemed to either be glued to their mobile phones or half-asleep, focusing on keeping awake in the morning rush hour.
Last edited by Nestiland on Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Albertraz
Civilian

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Albertraz » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:45 am

CIUDAD DE ALEXIS,
ALEXIS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT,
1015 HOURS, 27°C, RAINY,
12th SEPTEMBER 2018,
ROBERT TONY SANCHEZ

" Sir...we're about to land. Please fasten your seatbelt the captain is about to give his announcements.". Robert got up staring rather startled at the stewardess. He adjusted his reclined seat to a sitting up position and wiped off the drool from his face. He'ed been flying for many hours through many transfer flights. " Good morning Mr Sanchez this your captain speaking, we're about to land at Alexis International, the local time is 10.15 A.M. and the temperature is 27°C. We hope you have enjoyed the flight and that you will enjoy your stay here"

Robert was in Alexis on a business trip. He had his eyes on Alexis for a while now, the fact that the locals didn't know how to use their natural resources meant that he would have an easy time building up and expanding his company. He always wanted to expand his business to Asia. It was a matter of time till someone came to Alexis for her oil and other natural gems.

Robert was on his way to the National House where he was meeting the country's Minister of Finance, Mr Hendrikzoon and the Minister of National Development, Mr Consolacion. He was going to pitch his idea of building a "MegaPort". A port where ships are built, come in for repair and to store or deliver goods. His plan would give his company, "RedCats Inc." territory over Asia and help the Alexian economy. He was going to make an offer the Alexian government couldn't refuse. As Robert made his way from his private jet to the airport he was surprised at the state that the airport was in.

" Well I sure didn't expect this from a 3rd world country. The airport is beautiful, much better than I expected. These Alexians are really beginning to arouse my curiosity" he said to the airline stewardess as she struggles to moves his heavy and bulky luggage.

As Robert was cruising through the city he was rather surprised, the city did not at all reflect what his friends had told him about Cuidad De Alexis. Of course, the city had its flaws, but Robert began to see its potential. His mind began to think of how he could use the country's lack of experience in business to his advantage and who knows he may even aid the country to become a 2nd or even 1st world country...for a little monetary compensation. After seeing all the sights he was becoming more keen on closing the deal with the nation's ministers.
Last edited by Albertraz on Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Terudel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Terudel » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:32 am

LA SANTOS FAMILY

LA SANTOS FAMILY

Current region: Alexis
Place of Origin: València, Kingdom of Spain
Current members:
    Miguelito Luiz De La Santos III (Age 19)
    Leslie Dianna De La Santos (Age 17)
    Louisa Caithlyn De La Santos (Age 12)
    Francisco Sheev De La Santos (Age 11)
    Vanessa De La Santos (Age 9)
    Alexandra De La Santos (Age 5)
    Joelle De La Santos (Age 3)
    Juan Álvarez De La Santos (Age 42)
    Sofía Ruiz De La Santos-Reyes (Age 38)
    Imelda De La Santos-González (Age 42)
    Felipe De La Santos II (Age 47)
    Miguel Carlos De La Santos (Age 17)
Religion: Catholicism
Businesses:
    El Pasto Agriculture Co.
    Massa e Bife
Offices:
    Minister of Health
    Mayor of Terudel City
The La Santos family is an Alexian political family, with positions in Terudelian politics and businesses. Felipe De La Santos II has been the patriarch of the family for 21 years, taking over the family's businesses at the young age of 26.

The La Santos family have been involved in politics in Terudel City in the State of Terudel. Mayorship of Terudel City has been held by Felipe De La Santos II for the past 23 years. Relatives include Imelda De La Santos-González, the current Minister of Health, Sofía Ruiz De La Santos-Reyes, head chef and owner of Massa e Bife which is a fine dining restaurant with locations in Terudel City and Gatayan City and Juan Álvarez De La Santos who is the COO of El Pasto Agriculture Company.

The net worth of the La Santos family is estimated to be roughly B2.32 Billion, making them the 22nd richest family in Alexis and 3rd in Terudel.

HISTORY
The La Santos family are descendants of Spanish immigrants. The first emergence of a La Santos in Alexis was in 1879, following the arrival of Spanish businessmen to the islands. The first La Santos, Charles, settled in Gatayan City, with his wife Maria and his brother and fellow businessman Manuel. The mayor of Gatayan City back then promoted their business, El Pasto, which sold rice. Thanks to the help of the mayor, their business flourished, expanding to other parts of Terudel.

The La Santos family entered politics in 1926 when Jennifer De La Santos ran for a mayoral position in Gatayan City. Other members of the family also got involved in Terudelian politics in the following years. Jennifer would be the first and last La Santos to be mayor in Gatayan City after retiring in 1947. The rest of the family were mainly in Terudel City.

The family was unaffected by the two World Wars and their business operated as usual.

Present day
The La Santos family currently provides 70% of Terudelian rice, and is the third richest family in Terudel. Miguelito Luiz De La Santos II, a doctor, was the nation's first President. His term lasted for less than a year after being killed by his wife and former Premier of Terudel, Zelha Reed. His children are currently under the watch of Franklin Redrich as the other relatives refused to do so. Miguelito's oldest son, Miguelito III, is currently a basketball player for the Gatayan City Freefox.

Felipe De La Santos II is the current mayor of Terudel City. His father, Felipe De La Santos, was the previous mayor of Terudel City up to his death in 1995. He is the current patriarch of the family. Although Miguelito II was President, the family businesses were still controlled by Felipe as he was the lineal descendant of Charles De La Santos. When Felipe retires, the businesses will be taken over by his son, Miguel Carlos De La Santos.

Imelda De La Santos-González is the current Minister of Health. Sofía Ruiz De La Santos-Reyes is head chef and owner of Massa e Bife, a fine dining restaurant with its main kitchen in Gatayan City. There is also a location in Terudel City. She serves hand-made pasta and fine cuts of steak. She is also the wife of Education Minister Fidel Reyes. Juan Álvarez De La Santos is the Chief Operating Officer of El Pasto Agriculture Company. He is responsible for the daily operation of the company and routinely reports to the Chief Executive Officer, Felipe De La Santos II.

The late President's children currently lives in their mansion in Gatayan City. The Premier of Terudel, Franklin Redrich, often visits them and makes sure that they stay out of trouble.

FAMILY

ImageImageImageImage
(from left to right) Felipe De La Santos II, Juan Álvarez De La Santos, Sofía Ruiz De La Santos-Reyes and
Imelda De La Santos-González

Miguelito's Children
ImageImageImageImage
(from left to right) Miguelito Luiz De La Santos III, Leslie Dianna De La Santos, Louisa Caithlyn De La Santos and Francisco Sheev De La Santos. Vanessa, Alexandra and Joelle have no current photos.
Last edited by Terudel on Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:50 am, edited 7 times in total.

Oostfalea
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Oostfalea » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:57 am

MINISTRY OF NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
MINISTERIO DE DESARROLLO NACIONAL
MINISTERIE VAN NATIONALE ONTWIKKELING

By Mr Hendrikzoon and Mr Consolacion and Mr Sanchez

Tender CXCIV, awarded to RedCats Drilling & Shipping Incorporated
Date: XIII • IX • MMXVIII

With the authorization of the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of National Development, the Federal Republic of Alexis awards tender 194 to Mr. Robert Tony Sanchez, and the RedCats Drilling & Shipping Incorporated. RedCats Drilling & Shipping Incorporated, forthwith known as RedCats Inc., shall adhere to the terms of this contract. Should there be a breach of the terms of the contract, the government of the Federal Republic of Alexis shall have the right to confiscate assets of RedCats Inc., and terminate the contract if deemed necessary.

a) the offshore oil and natural gas fields of Great Eastern 2, 90 kilometres South-East of Isla de Aguilas, as well as the onshore and offshore oil and natural gas fields of Great Eastern 3 in Eastern Terudel, east of Terbugao City, would be used exclusively by RedCats Incorporated and its affiliates.

b) up to 90% of the fields shall be used by RedCats Inc., totalling 340 billion barrels of oil.

a) target of producing 500,000 (five hundred thousand) barrels of oil per day by mid-2019, from 50,000 today

a) RedCats Inc. shall pay the Alexian government a lump sum of USD 8.6 billion (B339.5 billion) by the end of 2018, as well as 3.8% of RedCats Inc. annual income from Alexian sources

b) the Alexian government and the Alexian Petrochemical Union and Research Institute may purchase crude oil and crude oil products from RedCats Inc. at 87% market value

c) RedCat Inc. and its affiliates shall be exempted from import tariffs

a) Riverwalk in San Antonio, Oostfalea shall be reserved for RedCats Inc. to develop into an industrial site, on a land-lease that shall last 99 years from the date (13 September 2018)

MAASTRICHT, FEDERAL STATE OF OOSTFALEA
2000 HOURS, 35°C, CLEAR
20TH of SEPTEMBER 2018
PREMIER ALEXANDER VAN HOUTEN-SPRINGSTEEN

Springsteen had taken an unpaid vacation from politics, leaving the running of the state to the Lieutenant of Oostfalea, William Rotwurst. He retreated to his childhood home in Maastricht, Eemsland Province. The bungalow overlooked the small city of Maastricht, the dusk bringing about a bright red hue on the horizon. Oostfalea had seen much change since la Santos was deposed. Junker was in power now, and Alexander knew that many in the former government would be facing trail soon. Whether Junker would ensure fair trials, Alexander did not know.

His son was busy in the study, playing computer games with his friends. The fact that his father was a Premier didn't seem to bring much attention to "Little Alex", as he was affectionately called. The home had been very quiet since Wessel was murdered under la Santos' orders. Alexander could never bring himself to go to his spouse's funeral ceremony in Zwanbroek. He couldn't stand to see his in-laws, who, despite all the success he's had over the years, simply did not accept their son's decision to marry another man.

"C'est la vie," Alexander thought to himself; such grim nihilism saved himself from further heartache on numerous occasions.

He had a stack of newspapers on the table in front of him, all collected this morning. Alexander subscribed to almost every newspaper and tabloid available, to read the trash that was printed on a daily basis. For entertainment, of course. However today the headlines on the papers caught his attention.

• Yankee-owned, Glaswegian oil drilling company deals with Alexis over oil deposits (The Alexian Tribute)
  • Border clashes between Iraq and Iran become more frequent (The Requiem Chronicles)
  • Temporary homes prove to be a massive success, the government pushes for permanent tenements (The Alexis Insider)
  • Terudelians "among those with lowest IQ", a report by NAU finds (The True Paper)
  • "Centralisation important," says senior aide to President Junker (National Herald)
  • Department 4 "Noche" cadre, leadership arrested in further arrests (The Alexian Arbiter)
  • "Remaining Dutch troops withdrawing by Christmas," William Rotwurst (The Oostfalea Patriot)
  • General Glendon Bocelli commits suicide after arrest (The Nestiland Sun)
  • President Junker provides B50 billion aid package for Terudel (The Alexis Arbiter)

Terudel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Terudel » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:29 pm

GATAYAN CITY TRIBUNE
INTERIOR OF FORMER PRESIDENT'S MANSION REVEALED
Basketball star and son of former president gave a tour of his Gatayan City mansion where he and his siblings liveImage
A 60,000 square foot property that their late father bought and designed for the family

By: Billie Van Helsing
20th September 2018

Our cameras finally entered the home of the former Alexian president, Miguelito Luiz De La Santos II. His son, Miguelito III, gave us a guided tour around the property and we were amazed by the facilities and its interior design.
ImageImageImageImage
The first-storey of the mansion

There is also an indoor basketball court and a fully equipped gym. Miguelito III told us that his team often goes to his house to have their 5-on-5 scrimmages and their workouts in the gym. On the second floor, there are altogether 7 bedrooms. The master bedroom is unoccupied due to the death of Miguelito II and Zelha. Miguelito III, Leslie, Louisa, Francisco and Vanessa each have their own rooms while Alexandra and Joelle share their room. The third floor is an attic where all of their old stuff is placed. Miguelito III and Leslie often host parties in the mansion.
Indoor basketball court
Fully-equipped gym

Miguelito III's bedroom
Leslie's bedroom
Louisa's bedroom
Francisco's bedroom
Vanessa's room
Alexandra and Joelle's room

More Stories:
-Massa e Bife to open another restaurant in Aurora City
-Redrich to announce the 1.28 billion USD fund allocation soon
-Bruce Romeijnsen suffers a sprained MCL; sidelined for 3 weeks
Last edited by Terudel on Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Terudel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Terudel » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:05 am

1940 HOURS, 27°C, CLOUDY
21st of SEPTEMBER 2018
FRANKLIN JOSÉ REDRICH

Franklin sat in his suede armchair, legs crossed, holding a sheet of paper. In front of him was a long meeting table, where all his local government officials were sitting, having a small chat before the meeting commenced. Franklin cleared his throat, signaling to his officials to listen. "I am sure all of you have heard that President Junker has provided us B50 billion. That is a huge sum of money and I have called all of you here so that we can discuss the funds' allocation."

Mr. Fredrick Bautista, the mayor of Terbugao City, spoke up, "Premier Redrich, Terbugao City was the main site of the communist insurgency. The damage caused is catastrophic. People are left homeless, buildings destroyed. There is nothing left of it. We could clearly use some of the money to rebuild it."

The rest of the officials discussed while Redrich typed something on his computer. Redrich replied, "Hmm...I do agree that the damage is catastrophic. Terbugao City is almost unrecognizable at this point. So for now, I will allocate 12 billion Baavs to the reconstruction of Terbugao City. Any strong objections?"

The room was silent. Only the sight of officials shaking their head could be seen. Redrich simply nodded and moved on. "Something else that came to my attention is the lack of medical equipment in our local hospitals. Our doctors have voiced out their concerns and our Minister of Health had also spoken to me regarding that. The conditions in our hospitals are also poor. So, I propose to allocate 3.8 billion Baavs to spend on improving the conditions of our hospitals and equip our doctors with better tools so that they will be able to perform their duties to the best of their abilities."

Vice-Chairman of the PPP, Desmond Gree, interrupted, "Premier, I do not think that 3.8 billion Baavs is sufficient to improve the conditions of all hospitals in Terudel. I suggest we make it 4 billion." The room buzzed for about half a minute before Redrich spoke, "Come to think of it, Desmond is right. 4 billion would indeed be better. Now moving on, I will allocate 13 billion Baavs to improve the tourism sectors of this Federal State. The previous administration have built two integrated resorts here in Terudel, one here in Gatayan City and another in Aurora City. That has led to a slight increase in tourist expenditure over the past month. Still, it is not enough. We are going to make Terudel City the shopping district of Terudel and Isla De Santa Maria will also be a main tourist attraction. And how are we going to do that? We will construct hotels and theme parks on the island. I will speak with the owner of Massa e Bife and try to persaude her to open a restaurant on the island. I am also planning on opening a zoo here in Gatayan City. Any other suggestions?"

The mayor of Gatayan City suggested, "We need to provide transport for the tourists to get on the island. It would be great if they had several options. One could be a cable car from Bayambang to Isla De Santa Maria. Another could be a ferry. Then an underground train. How does that sound?"

Redrich smiled. "I like your ideas, governor. To add on, we will build a bridge to connect the island to the mainland so that cars can also travel to the island. Alright, that should be it for the tourism sectors. Finally would be education. Education Minister Fidel Reyes had suggested for the government to increase funding for schools so that students will have more opportunities to learn outside the classroom. I have agreed to that. Furthermore, we are going to improve the universities in Terudel and also build a research institute in Terbugao City once it is restored. This institute will be the center of Science Research here in Terudel. I will be taking a trip to the United States to have a meeting with the scientists there. We plan for them to collaborate with our local scientists for the Stem Cell Research Programme in the new research institute. All schools in Terudel will have a science lab, computer lab and an auditorium. We will spend a huge sum of money to equip the schools with the necessary tools. An estimated 7 billion Baavs will be spent on this. So altogether, we are spending 36 billion baavs. Does everyone agree?" The officials nodded.

Redrich concluded, "That is the end of the meeting for today. For the rest of the money, we will come here again to discuss on its allocations. People have questioned whether I will use it for my own needs. The answer is no. The money that the National Government has given us will be used to improve Terudel as a state." The officials left the room, optimistic about the future. They did not feel the same way when Zelha Reed was in control.
Last edited by Terudel on Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Oostfalea
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Oostfalea » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:14 am

Koningsdam Metrostadt
Koningsdam Metropolitan City

Metropolitan City and State Capital
Koningsdam
From top, left to right: Noordkerk church, Blauhuis & Oostfalea Staathuis
Japansestraat & Wilhelm van Bock District
The Old Colonial Garrison in downtown Koningsdam
Jan Alexander van der Berg financial district & Long Island Port

Flag of Koningsdam
Nickname(s): Holland of Asia
Jewel of Queen Juliana
Motto: Dit is van Ons
(English: This is ours)

Region: Suid-Oostfalea Province, Oostfalea
Wards: 93
History
    Established: 1599
    Occupation by VoC: 1647
    Transfer to Netherlands: 1800
    Chartered: 1811
    State Capital: 1899
    Metropolitan City: 1986

Government
  • Mayor: Tomas Neña Kasaysayan
  • Lt. Mayor: Andrew de la Cruz
  • Seats in the Staathuis: 13

Population (2017)
  • City: 967,533
  • Metropolitan Area: 15,620,216
  • Urban Area: 19,843,611
    Demonym: Koningsdammer

Elevation: -1m
Time Zone: +10
ZIP code: 1010-1103
IDD: area code: +23 14
Koningsdam
Koningsdam (pronounced Koe-nings-damme) officially Koningsdam Metrostadt, or Koningsdam Metropolitan City, is the capital of the Federal State of Oostfalea. Koningsdam is the largest urban area in the Federal Republic of Alexis, as well as the most populated residential area. Koningsdam Metrostadt is part of a conurbation of several other cities, namely Noordierk-Wartier, Naaldwijk, Martensdijk and Hagesburcht. Together they form the largest contiguous urban area in the Federal Republic of Alexis.

The modern boundaries of Koningsdam were laid out by the Dutch merchant Robert de Jong upon his arrival in Alexis in 1879. Till then, the city had been an outpost of the Dutch East India Company. de Jong laid out the initial 8 wards around the old garrison building and became the first Dutch-appointed mayor of Koningsdam in 1881. The conditions of Koningsdam mirrored those in the Netherlands; low-lying areas prone to flooding, especially during the monsoon seasons. de Jong had brought in the expertise of Dutch engineers, who built dykes and canals to reduce the impact of the floodwaters, as well as irrigating inland paddy fields. Another bonus of the canal network meant that it also enabled the paddies surrounding the city to be inundated with water, serving as a moat, in defence of the city from attacks by the Spanish.

In 1896, the Spanish War for Dutch possessions broke out after a Spanish naval cruiser, the Infanta Ruiz, was apparently destroyed by Dutch saboteurs while moored at San Antonio, then part of the Spanish Viceroyalty of Alexis. Although there was no evidence, the Spanish executed Dutch national Eden van Gaal, and moved troops south from San Antonio and burned down the Dutch coastal fort of Magelang. Units of the Royal Netherlands Alexian Army, as well as several thousand men as reinforcements from the Royal Netherlands East Indies Army, decided to meet the Spanish in open battle at the City of Ciudad de Argent. Soundly defeated, Dutch forces retreated to Koningsdam and flooded the paddies and canals surrounding the city. Spanish attempts to assault the city with the support of howitzers and naval bombardment were soundly pushed back by stiff resistance. The city held on for two years till 1898, when the Spanish-American War broke out. With its attention required elsewhere, and the naval blockade of Koning Bay broken by a Dutch taskforce in 1900, together with the pressure of the United Kingdom, Viceroy Alfonse d'Trinidad and Captain Wilhelm van Bock, signed the Treaty of Koningsdam, ratifying the borders of the colonial possessions in Alexis.

Koningsdam is the commercial capital of Oostfalea, and culturally different compared to the rest of Alexis, thanks to her Dutch history. In 1998, the Wilhelm van Bock district and Japansestraat were declared UNESCO world heritage sites, due to its preserved colonial buildings. Besides colonial-era buildings, Phillips and Royal Dutch Shell have regional headquarters in the old financial district. New buildings feature modern architecture and sleek exteriors.

The city is located on the Eastern shores of Koning Bay, with the A222 ring highway passing through it. Koningsdam is divided into 15 districts, Koningsdam Metrostadt, Upper Koningsdam, Noordierk-Wartier, Long Island, West Coast, Wilhelm van Bock, Jan Alexander van der Berg, the Government district, Santa Ana, Martensdijk, White Beach, Naaldwijk Island, Noord Kaap District, Leeuwenhoek and Riverwaters Industrial district. Each district has 1 representative in the Oostfalea Staathuis, with the exception of Long Island and Naaldwijk Island.

History
Precolonial Era
The earliest records of settlement date back to 1533, when Portuguese explorers reported 'tribes of savages that inhabit the coasts of the Bay'. No contact was made with the natives until 1599, when Portuguese conquistadors landed in the Bay and proceeded to systematically destroy the native tribes of the area. So thorough was the genocide against the natives that the names of these tribes, as well as much of their architecture, has been lost to time. These conquistadors set up Forte Cortes in what is now the old colonial garrison of Koningsdam.

Polynesian and Majapahit traders frequented the region for sea cucumbers and logging the dense jungles inland, selling these to Chinese merchants. Although much of Alexis had been visited by the Portuguese and outposts established, Alexis was never considered of importance to the Portuguese.

Arrival of the Dutch East India Company
Dutch ships arrived in Koning Bay on the 19th of January 1647, and sheltered behind Long Island, as the Dutch called it, was the secluded Portuguese outpost. The Portuguese gave up without a fight, and the outpost, along with its surrounding villages, were brought under the fold of the Dutch East India Company. From their headquarters in Batavia, the VoC improved Forte Cortes, as well as importing slave labour from the Dutch East Indies. With the Spanish presence on the West of the Island, the Dutch saw to improve the defences of Forte Cortes. Earthern and wood ramparts encircled the central district, and a garrison of 1,000 troops stood guard. In 1649, Forte Cortes was renamed Koningsdam.

The first church, the Witte Kerk, was built in 1688. This was followed by the first school, as well as the predecessor to the modern port at Long Island.

Immigration and Dutch takeover
Thousands of slaves, indentured servants, and their overlords arrived in the newly named Dutch Overseas Possession of Oostfalea since 1750. Governor Robert Maximillian Paul de Vries had relaxed the immigration laws put into place by the VoC; this led to a surge in the number of immigrants who sought riches from the trade of spices. Immigration numbers further skyrocketed when gold and silver were discovered, not only in Oostfalea but in the Spanish provinces of Nestiland and Terudel. Many decided to immigrate to Koningsdam first, though, as the Spanish had far stricter laws regarding immigration to their settlements. The city of Koningsdam grew to the point where, in 1795, the population reached almost 110,000 people.

So many people living in the same city brought squalor and disease, and the Dutch decided to relocate several thousand plantations inland. Cities such as Maverick Bay, Broeklin and Wijshagen were founded by the outflux of prospecting settlers. Indonesian immigrants became the largest minority group in Koningsdam. By this time Philippine peoples brought to Alexis by the Spanish moved further East, and many settled in Koningsdam, with an enclave today called Little Spain in Santa Ana.
Cpt. Cornelius leads Dutch troops against Alexiads

When the VoC was nationalised in 1800 the ownership of the Dutch Overseas Possession of Oostfalea came to the Dutch government. With the Dutch under French Imperial rule in 1806, Koningsdam was seized by the British, along with many other cities in Alexis. The British occupation of Koningsdam lasted until 1817, when Dutch rule was restored.

The Dutch appointed General Thomas Josef Michiels to be Governor of the DOP of Oostfalea. Governor Michiels' rule was met with numerous clashes with Alexiad natives, as well as the oppression of minority groups. The 1844 Three Day War was a conflict that involved numerous Alexiad tribes as well as immigrant freemen who sought to depose Governor Michiels and rid Alexis of European influence. The Royal Netherlands Alexian Army in Koningsdam, numbering only 10,000, was besieged by a force of almost 70,000 natives and freemen. Spanish forces in Alexis were dispatched but they would arrive too late. The Red Alliance, as the rebels had called themselves, stormed the earthen ramparts of Koningsdam, and torched much of the Upper Koningsdam district. Only a counter-attack by Governor Michiels would save the government quarter from the torch.

World Wars and Japanese Attacks
In an agreement with the United Kingdom in 1893, Koningsdam served as a port for Royal Navy vessels during the First World War, allowing the Royal Navy to patrol the Central Pacific Ocean against commerce raiding. On the 1st of January 1915, New Zealand Navy vessel HMNZS Philomel and HMS Pyramus operating out of Koningsdam intercepted and forced the SMS Emden to beach itself at Kaap Kinder in Oostfalea and her crew to surrender. The cruiser SMS Stettin attacked the port of Koningsdam at Long Island on the 4th of March 1915, releasing 6 torpedoes at midnight after sneaking into the Bay. Two torpedoes hit the moored HMS Pyramus, breaking her keel and she sank in 10 minutes. While steaming at full speed out of the Bay, the SMS Stettin collided with a Dutch armoured Cruiser, the Wilhemus. In the confusion, the Wilhelmus was hit with four shells and before she could retaliate the Stettin escaped into the Koningzee.

Although the Dutch government was pressured to join the war against the Central Powers by the United Kingdom, they remained neutral for the remainder of World War I. However, the defences around Koningsdam had been improved since before the start of the World War. The earthen ramparts and stone walls were gone, replaced with steel-reinforced concrete fortifications and blockhouses 2 kilometres outside the city boundaries of Koningsdam. Canals and rice paddies could be flooded on a whim; although the system had been around since the 1880s, the new system fully surrounded Koningsdam and took inspiration from the Stelling van Amsterdam, and called the Stelling van Koningsdam. Fortifications similar to this were built around Maverick Bay and Eemshaven, though not to the same extent.
A blockhouse built into the Stelling van Koningsdam, Wilhelm van Bock District. Fortifications like these were finished by 1916, and formed a formidable defence against attack.

Koningsdam had established itself as a trading port in the Pacific and received the most shipping among the other Alexian cities. Koningsdam had grown exponentially, with more than 400,000 inhabitants by 1936. The Universiteit van Koningsdam was established in 1937, along with the first fully functioning International Airport.

After the fall of the Netherlands in the 2nd World War, the Dutch Government was in Exile in Batavia, Dutch East Indies. As Japanese forces closed in on Surabaya, the final bastion of Dutch resistance in Java, the Royal Family and government of the Netherlands and Dutch East Indies fled in ships bound for Oostfalea. The transport plane of the Governor-General of the Dutch East Indies, Tjarda van Starkenborgh Stachouwer, was shot down over the Maluku Islands by Japanese fighter planes. British battleships HMS Prince of Wales and HMS Repulse retreated south-east towards Darwin, Australia, while providing anti-aircraft cover for fleeing vessels. The HMS Repulse would be sunk by in the Ceram Sea by an unknown Japanese submarine, most probably the I-52. The Royal Family arrived in Nesborough, through Francoist Spain's Nestiland and Terudel, before arriving in Koningsdam on Christmas day in 1942. Several Japanese submarines sank more than 100,000 tons of Dutch shipping fleeing to Alexis. Oostfalea received 300,000 refugees from the East Indies, Malaya and Hong Kong, many of whom settled in Koningsdam, their descendants forming a diverse culture in the city.

Japanese G4M bombers bombed Koningsdam in November 1942. Based in Manokwari in West Papua, the bombers destroyed 28% of the city by June 1943, virtually immune from retaliation due to the lack of available fighter planes in Oostfalea. It would not be until the United States' island-hopping campaign utilised Oostfalea as a staging area for further strikes Westward towards Japan that the bombing of Oostfalean cities stopped. US carriers and battlegroups protected Oostfalea from the planned naval invasion of Oostfalea, with the resounding American victory at the Battle of Halmahera Sea in January 1943. Japan and Germany attempted to persuade Franco to invade Oostfalea. However, the US presence in the area would dissuade Spain from such action, guaranteeing the survival of a Dutch state.
Japanese G4M bomber ditches in Koning Bay
after catching fire from anti-aircraft artillery.

Contemporary period
With aid from the United States, the city rebuilt quickly in the post-war period. New suburbs were built during the reconstruction of Koningsdam, with more than USD 12 billion spent to improve infrastructure. In 1956, the narrow colonial streets of Noordierk-Wartier were to be widened, under orders of Mayor Bartholomew Fernandez. Whole blocks were demolished, and an overland expressway, the R011 was built to connect with the existing A222. Further plans to demolish old neighbourhoods in Upper Koningsdam was met with opposition from residents. Mayor Fernandez reached a compromise, demolishing 30% of the intended area. In place of the old homes, modern high-rise offices and apartments were built, ushering in a new age for Koningsdam.

The old Staathuis proved to be unable to hold the entirety of the government's apparatus. In 1968, the Dutch government approved the 954 million Guilder project, to build a new Staathuis, as well as a new residence for the governor of Oostfalea, the Blauhuis. Completed in 1977, the towering complex of offices stood beside the also newly built Noordkerk church in downtown Koningsdam Metrostadt. Until today, the imposing buildings are the tallest in downtown Koningsdam, above the old buildings from Koningsdam's past.

In the 1980s, Koningsdam enjoyed relative prosperity in comparison to the rest of Alexis. The War of Liberation did not reach the borders of Suid-Oostfalea Province, and hence the city boomed with sunrise businesses. Despite the influx of Immigrants and favourable global market conditions, the city council itself faced a mounting deficit, in the billions of Guilders. The city almost defaulted, and the Mayor, Jan William Eustace, was sacked by the Governor. Only with a healthy injection of capital and economic advisors from the Netherlands did the city manage to repay its loans and turn a profit once more. Towering blocks of flats and offices were built; many residents complained of the 'visual pollution' that these new, concrete-and-glass buildings caused. Many still opposed the Staathuis, a glass structure surrounded by the old facades of a time long past. Such a juxtaposition of architecture was embraced by the new Mayor, Emily Andersdochter. Under her leadership, the futuristic National Library stood side-by-side with the old brick walls of the city.

The port at Long Island received numerous overhauls over the years, but in 1989, phase 5 of the modernization programme for Koningsdam was underway and with it, the old port was to be shut down and replaced with another one more befitting of a city the size of Koningsdam. Land reclamation and concrete piers were built, gantry cranes replaced the older steam-powered winches around since the 1940s. The Koningsdam Port Authority was established in its modern form and with it an efficient network of transport and logistics. Koning Bay was dredged, increasing the volume of ships and the size of ships that could enter the port of Koningsdam. Multi-lane highways were tunnelled under the city of Koningsdam towards Prinsstadt and the rest of Oostfalea. On the 2nd of June 1994, the first ship, the Maersk Line vessel, Sovereign Maersk, moored on the new docks of Long Island Terminal I.

Although ship traffic is tightly regulated in and out of Koning Bay, on the 8th of June 1994, a Dutch tanker collided with a fishing trawler in the Koning Bay Mouth, causing more than 50,000 litres of crude oil to leak into the bay, requiring months of work to clean up.
A Thunderbolt train pulls out of Leeuwenhoek
Central Station towards San Antonio

In August 1995, rebels loyal to Warlord, and later President, Miguelito la Santos II, fired on the Wilhelm van Bock District with rocket artillery from the Marcel Plateau. These attacks killed 32 people and injured 500. Although la Santos himself later said he never gave the order to fire at Koningsdam, the Dutch military pursued a policy of active engagement with rebel forces afterwards. Airstrikes by the Dutch and Spanish drove the rebels from Oostfalea and back into Terudel. Mortar attacks on Koningsdam continued into the 2000s.

In 2013, Tomas Kasaysayan won the mayoral elections of Koningsdam. Being a member of the National Liberation Front of Oostfalea, Kasaysayan supported Alexander van Houten-Springsteen during his election for the Premiership of Oostfalea. Koningsdam has remained an important economic and cultural hub in Eastern Alexis. In the 4th quarter of 2018, Koningsdam Airport will be expanded with a third terminal. This upgrade would increase Koningsdam's passenger traffic to almost 35 million passengers per year.

On the 15th of June 2018, Koningsdam held its first Pride parade. A poll ran by the Koningsdam Daily suggests that 78% of Koningsdammers accept LGBT individuals in positions of power and in their own family, compared to 36%, 28% and 12% in Requiem, Ciudad de Alexis and Gatayan City respectively. In January of 2018, Kasaysayan was voted into office again, on the promises of social and economic equality. Opponents, notably Ms Hermina van Louise of the Oostfalean National Party had called out Kasaysayan as a 'socialist' and 'leftist'. Van Louise even accused Kasaysayan of harbouring communist sympathies. Although these claims are unfounded, Kasaysayan won the mayoral election with only 56% of the vote, as opposed to 73% in 2013. Many among the extremist religious fringes have gone against Tomas Kasaysayan's pro-LGBT stance, calling him a 'closeted homosexual' and that his marriage is 'nothing but a sham'. The OFPOL carried out a raid against a group of Jehovah's Witnesses in White Beach, arresting 3 on charges of libel and sedition.
Skyline of White Beach District, Koningsdam as seen from Mercel Plateau to the North

Terudel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Terudel » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:37 am

90 Baavs
Hermosas Casas Monthly
August Issue
In today's issue, we will feature Terudelian Premier Franklin Redrich's home in Castello Pollo, Gatayan City

The house features a post-modernist and contemporary architecture. The 3000 square meter house is built on a hillside overlooking Gatayan City. The 5-hectare property was bought by Redrich for B24 million after his marriage in 2017. The house features a transparent pool and rose beds on the side. Redrich lives with his wife, Chou Yutzu, his son, Theodore and his mother-in-law. His father helped him pay for half of the cost. His father was the head chef and owner of Pierro, the 2 Michelin star restaurant in Gatayan City.
The living room

The living room is spacious due to its use of whites. The portrait windows allow for natural light to come in and brighten the room. The painting on the wall was done by Redrich's wife as a gift to him for his 30th birthday.

Visitors have praised Redrich for the beautiful interior in his living room. They said that it was comfy and clean. When they asked who designed the living room, Redrich simply said, "My wife." Chou also designed General Obersky's bedroom.

The kitchen

The kitchen is cozy and has a simple design. There is a counter in the middle where Redrich and Chou can prepare their ingredients when cooking. Their fridge contains a wide range of ingredients, carefully selected by Redrich. Redrich believes that having fresh ingredients heightens the flavor of the food.

The designer of the kitchen is Alexander Van Halen, an Oostfalean interior designer. He is well-known for designing the kitchen of former president Miguelito Luiz De La Santos II.

Master's Bedroom

The Master bedroom has a grey-painted wall as Redrich loves the color grey. The bed itself was imported from Spain. It cost Redrich 5000 Euros. The two armchairs are used by the couple when they are having a midnight tea or when they are discussing about work.

This bedroom was also designed by Chou. It is elegant and the carpet makes it very comfortable to walk in. It is also well-lit thanks to the lamps which were bought in Nestiland.

Chou's mother's bedroom

The bedroom has a simple interior as Redrich's mother-in-law does not like such a complicated design. The floor is made out of laminated wood so that it will be easy to sweep. There is also a flatscreen TV for her to watch her favorite TV shows. The mounted lamps beside her bed was her idea. She felt that it was relaxing to look at.

The black tree on the wall was painted by her daughter. When asked about its significance, she said, "A tree grows old, yet it bears seeds that contain its very essence and in this way, the tree becomes immortal. It is also a symbol of growth and strength."

Occupants of the house
ImageImageImage
(From left to right)Franklin Redrich, Chou Jieqiong(mother-in-law), Chou Yutzu, Theodore Redrich
Last edited by Terudel on Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oostfalea
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Oostfalea » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:05 am

Gatayan City
Ciudad Gatayan
Cidade Gatayan
Lungsod Gatayan

Urbanised City and State Capital
Gatayan
From top, left to right: Casa de San Jose & the Rio del Negros
Catedral de San Vicente in the Felipe District
Gatayan City Airport & a statue of Spanish Conquistador Juan de Luna
The Trofeo Coal Power Station

Flag of Koningsdam
Nickname(s): The Dreaming City
The Sapphire City
Motto: Servire Mihi Solumi
(English: Serving for myself alone)

Region: Bayambang Province, Terudel
Wards: 36
History
    Established: 1679
    Spanish invasion: 1692
    State Capital: 1879
    Urbanised City: 1975

Government
  • Mayor: Mary Torres-Dimapindan
  • Lt. Mayor: Jerry Eduardo Danao
  • Seats in the Cercle d'etat: 9

Population (2018)
  • City: 534,600
  • Metropolitan Area: 6,754,400
  • Urban Area: 8,231,742
    Demonym: Gatanese

Elevation: 5m
Time Zone: +10
ZIP code: 943-949
IDD: area code: +23 24

Gatayan
Gatayan (pronounced Ga-tah-yan) officially Ciudad Gatayan, or Gatayan City to locals, is the capital of the Federal State of Terudel. Gatayan City is the 4th most populous city in Alexis, and the 2nd most populous city in Terudel, behind Terbugao. Gatayan City and her sister city, Cauayan City, has a combined population of almost 6,754,400.

Gatayan City is situated in the province of Bayambang; despite being the largest city in Bayambang, it is not the capital of Bayambang province. The city is divided into 7 districts; Felipe, Romanio, Sierra Padre, Mason District, Castello Pollo, Negros & Cauayan and Jeremiah de la Cruz district. Gatayan City sits at the foot of Mount Blanca stratovolcano. An active mud volcano in Sierra Padre, known as the Punso (Anthill) has been erupting since 2013, causing mudflows in the district and disrupting traffic on the nearby A223 motorway, as well as causing more than 50,000 to be relocated to temporary homes in Gatayan City. The mudflows were said to have been caused by tunnelling by the Gatayan City Public Utilities Council.

Gatayan City has the 3rd highest Murder rate in Alexis, behind Aurora City and San Nicholas. The Gatayan City Police Force is understaffed, and more than 120 police officers have been killed in the line of duty since 1995. Mayor Mary Dimapindan was called out by opposition politicians for her apparent lack of action on the rising crime rate.

The river Rio del Negros flows through Gatayan City, separating Gatayan from Cauayan City. Despite efforts by the Gatayan City Council, the city suffers from frequent flooding during the monsoon season. Mayor Dimapindan has motioned for a cleanup effort on the Rio del Negros, which would cost the city B500 million. Much of the city's sewage flows through the Rio del Negros, causing pollution and a recent cholera outbreak in 2003.

History
Precolonial Era

Earliest records of inhabitation date back to 1621, when the Portuguese missionaries set up a settlement and church at the mouth of the Rio del Negros. The Cueva tribe that inhabited the region welcomed Europeans, trading with them rare sapphires found in the foothills of Mount Blanca. The news of the beautiful blue sapphires spread across Europe, and soon the Spanish arrived in large Galleons in Gatayan Bay. Bombarding the city, a Spanish force of 300 conquistadors landed on near the modern Filipe district and torched the Portuguese settlement. Over the next few decades, Spanish probes into the hinterlands discovered rich deposits of sapphires and emeralds. This interested King Charles II of Spain, and his council authorised further expeditions, as well as the settlement of Bayambang province.

The Cueva tribes revolted against Spanish in 1711, killing the governor of Gatayan City and almost burning down the entire settlement. Spanish reinforcements from the Phillippines torched the forests near Castello Monreal, forcing the Alexiad natives to retreat further inland. Forts were built every 6 kilometres, occupied by a force of 300 men each. Gatayan City grew with the arrival of immigrants from Spain and the Phillippines. By 1719, the city was recorded in the Charter of Cities.

Spanish Era
In 1719, during the War of the Quadruple Alliance, a joint force of British and French warships blockaded numerous ports of the Spanish Possessions of Alexis, notably Gatayan City. The city was assaulted on the 4th of September 1719, and its garrison surrendered. The city remained under French control until 1721, with the Peace of the Hague the year before.

Labourers from India, Phillippines and China were brought in to work on the sapphire mines and plantations. This immigrant population would make more than 60% of the city's modern demographic. In 1755, the city's population had grown to 10,000 people, and the Catedral de Santa Vicente was completed in 1763, after 20 years of labouring. The Rio del Negro river was fully charted in 1772, and peaceful relations with the natives restored by Governor Rodrigo Mendoza with the Treaty of Kabayan.

During the Napoleonic Wars, Dutch and British troops took over the city once again. The Spanish to attempted to retake control of Gatayan City. Governor Mendoza was mortally wounded by a howitzer shell during the Siege of Gatayan City. With the Spanish forces on the back heel, they retreated to Terbugao City. Anglo-Dutch forces remained in Gatayan City for several years after the end of the Napoleonic Wars, returning to the Spanish in 1828.

Gatayan City was incorporated in the Spanish Alexian Viceroyalty and served as the Capital of the Viceroyalty from 1855 to 1879 when the capital moved to Ciudad de Alexis. Gatayan City was thereafter made into the capital of Terudel State and served as the seat of Terudel. The Colonial Garrison was expanded into a citadel and encompassed the government and business districts.

World Wars and Franco's Spain
The city grew to almost 100,000 people by 1918. Such a rich diversity of cultures lived in Gatayan and it became the staple port of Terudel.

During the Spanish Civil War, dissident politician Emilio Carlos Firenze started the Gatayan Putsch in the city hall of Romanio. Him and several other politicians, as well as army officers, raised the flag of Terudel over the post office in Gatayan City. The Spanish Army of Alexis was defeated during the Battle of Aurora City and expelled from Alexis. Firenze declared Alexis free of Spanish control, though Nestiland remained in possession of the Spanish. From 1936 to 1938, the Confederation of Alexis, sought support from the United States and Australia. Following the rise of Francisco Franco and Nationalist Spain, Spanish forces, with the help of German advisers arrived in Montega Bay. The ill-prepared and ill-equipped army of the Confederation of Alexis, which had enjoyed victories against the numerically inferior Spanish Army of Alexis, was destroyed. Emilio Firenze was executed by firing squad in Madrid, Spain in 1941; his body was exhibited in his hometown Gatayan City.
Soldiers of the Spanish Army of Alexis deployed to stop the protests in Downtown Gatayan City

Although the Confederation of Alexis was short-lived, many in Gatayan City supported the separatist movement.

Contemporary Period
Hundreds of thousands of protestors lined the streets of Gatayan City in the 80s, calling for the independence of Terudel from Spain. Mayor Louis de Jong ordered the garrison to be deployed to control the crowds that had brought the city to a standstill. This would be known as the March of Blood after the Spanish troops opened fire on the crowds that approached the government quarter. Students and factory workers began to go on hunger strike against the Spanish's retaliation. Student of the local Gatayan City State University Lyndon Robinson Balder died after 63 days on hunger strike. The leader of the student union, Miguelito de la Santos II, rallied the students against the Spanish and marched on the Casa de San Jose. The Spanish Army of Alexis deployed tanks and water hoses against the crowds.

Militant groups established in Gatayan City opened fire on Spanish convoys. This tit-for-tat violence would erupt into full-blown civil war.

By 1999, the city of Gatayan had been reduced to 70% of its original size. The UN moved in and declared Gatayan City to be a demilitarised zone with UN peacekeepers. However, Spanish, Dutch and Rebel forces used the city as a rallying point and numerous gunfights broke out in spite of UN involvement. In 2001, the Spanish bombed a field hospital in Gatayan City, killing 30 rebels, but also 74 civilians. Gatayan City unveiled a monument to the fallen fighters of the War of Liberation, in the Jeremiah de la Cruz district.

Gatayan City today has not shrugged its war-torn past. Numerous buildings remain standing after being bombed, and the business district remains under heavy police protection on fears of crime. Despite this, Gatayan has seen a resurgence of new businesses, among them the Snel Automobile Group, established by Justin Aguila and Moricio Murillo. Unemployment remains at 8% and Mayor Dimapindan faces challenges such as a housing and electricity shortage.
Aerial view of Gatayan City; foreground: Felipe, background: Romanio
Last edited by Oostfalea on Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates