NATION

PASSWORD

CSN Assembly (Democritus Only RP)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Greater Persian State
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Persian State » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:27 pm

New Metropolitan France wrote:
Greater Persian State wrote:Nay

"The French Delegation requests that our esteemed Persian partners elaborate as to this decision."

"We remain skeptical of the process that would determine if something is a speculative attack, and would recommend further bureaucracy for accuracy and fairness."
I don't use NS Stats
Democritus Member

Greater Persian State
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Persian State » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:00 pm

We will change our vote to abstention.
I don't use NS Stats
Democritus Member

United Democratic Christian States
Minister

Founded: Sep 29, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:41 pm

Aye to both
Call me Greg (my IRL name) or UDCS. Whichever works best for you.

"[28] He said to them: 'You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.' "
-Acts 10:28

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:37 pm

Due to similar concerns that is coming from the Persians, we also vote to abstain...
A country with a mixed Bengali, British and Oriental population and culture. NSStats not Used...
Led By Susan Itai... Mostly MT, with some elements of FT.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!
NEWS: BBSOne
Story Thread: Rise of the North, a Canada ISOT

Bendicion
Minister

Founded: Nov 19, 2012
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bendicion » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:12 pm

Australian Vote for Proposed Resolution

Stephanie Beckett Image
@SBeckett89

Stephanie Marie Beckett
Second Australian Delegation to the CSN Assembly

After due deliberation of the French proposal which aims for measures regarding the introduction of the Bancor currency system, the 2nd Australian delegation will be announcing the formal opinion of Commonwealth of Australia.

The Commonwealth of Australia OPPOSES the French proposal.

The Australian delegation sees that the aforementioned proposal does not give a clear interpretation and definition of a "speculative attack". We ask the French delegation to address this issue for clarifitication.

Like talking about history and dreaming of Rome. Join now our Discord server and enlist in the legions

Author of ‘Ben was here o/‘
Self Proclaimed Server Hamster
♖ Sic Parvis Magna ♖
From Small Beginnings, Great Things

>>> BENDICION | A STORY KEPT SAFE <<<

NS Issues Work Bench
I like quiet | I hate insensitivity | Perseverance is my drug
Chaotic Sparkles,c.2023 wrote:this was just one hamster that took on the world and that hamster has now been maintained as governor.
The Sapientia, c.2014 wrote:”You'll be back. Once you start , you can never stop”
LWU gtrf0129 c. 2022 wrote:This raid was so powerful that the power went out in my house lol

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:16 pm

Bendicion wrote:

(Image)
Stephanie Beckett (Image)
@SBeckett89

Stephanie Marie Beckett

After due deliberation of the French proposal which aims for measures regarding the introduction of the Bancor currency system, the 2nd Australian delegation will be announcing the formal opinion of Commonwealth of Australia.

The Commonwealth of Australia OPPOSES the French proposal.

The Australian delegation sees that the aforementioned proposal does not give a clear interpretation and definition of a "speculative attack". We ask the French delegation to address this issue for clarifitication.

"A speculative attack is an deliberate and malicious effort by a state or non-state actor to assault the value of a currency. This is often carried out with the aim of bankrupting the Central Bank and disrupting trade and investment of the impacted country. In recent months this was seen in the form of the speculative attack on the Russian Ruble by the government of Persia."
Last edited by New Metropolitan France on Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Russian Federated States
Attaché

Founded: Apr 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Russian Federated States » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:43 pm

Nay

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:54 pm

"A small question to our French counterparts. Is membership of the Bancor mandatory? And also, what will be the benefits of being a part of this arrangement?"
A country with a mixed Bengali, British and Oriental population and culture. NSStats not Used...
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

The Underground Movement Union
Senator

Founded: Mar 07, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Underground Movement Union » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Aye.

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:04 am

Bengal and Assam wrote:"A small question to our French counterparts. Is membership of the Bancor mandatory? And also, what will be the benefits of being a part of this arrangement?"

"Representatives of the world's governments and central banks met here in Reykjavík following the dissolution of the North American Dollar, and agreed to revive the 1944 blueprint of Keynes in order to reform the world's capitalist system into an arrangement which was superior to both the former Bretton Woods and its de facto neoliberal successor."

OOC: This was the OOC agreement to introduce the Bancor, with an IC scripted event being described in the Bancor dispatch.

Federal Pacifica
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 13, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Federal Pacifica » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:06 am

The Federal Rep-, I mean, the United Republics votes AYE in regards to the French Confederation's proposal.

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:08 am

The FSR votes aye on the speculation resolution.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

United Democratic Christian States
Minister

Founded: Sep 29, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:56 am

The Germanic Union calls for an 'urgent' meeting of the CSN Assembly

After recent attacks from Puertollano and its client state the Federation of Nativist Islands conducted from the island of Saba, which recently voted alongside it sister islands to remain within the Germanic Union as per a CSN conducted referendum, and has since been illegally occupied by the government of the FNI the Germanic Union proposes the following actions.

1)An immediate Condemnation of the occupation and a petition for a peaceful transition back into the German Caribbean
2)An immediate invitation to the Puertollano foreign ministry to discuss said transition

Should these talks yield no results the CSN (with a majority vote in this Senate) will be authorized one or more of the following.

1)Coordinate a multinational sanction of Puertollano and the FNI which if triggered will move in 3 phases
1a) Small
1b) Mild
1c) Severe

The specifics of the sanctions can be discussed if/when the CSN triggers them

2)Coordinate a Multinational Embargo of Puertollano and the FNI

3)Coordinate a Multinational Coalition force to forcibly remove the Puertollano and FNI governments and their respective militarizes from the island of Saba and any potential future islands they may illegally annex

AYES: The Germanic Union, France, San Martinia, Bengal, URT, Russia
NAYS:Greater Orostan
Last edited by United Democratic Christian States on Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Call me Greg (my IRL name) or UDCS. Whichever works best for you.

"[28] He said to them: 'You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.' "
-Acts 10:28

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:34 am

Aye.

Anxiety Cafe
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2007
Father Knows Best State

Postby Anxiety Cafe » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:25 am

Time and time again President Castillo has thought himself above international law and order, hiding illegal actions behind claims of anti-imperialism. It would be irresponsible for member nations to vote against disciplinary action to enforce such international regulations, as the CSN was designed to do, and so San Martinia wholly supports this CSN-sponsored condemnation of the Puertollanoan illegal annexation of the Germanic Sint Eustatius, Sint Maarten, and Saba.

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:06 am

"The Kawanese delegation votes Aye. The communist leadership needs to realize that not all of the workers of the world welcomes their barbaric and illegal ways of doing things."
Last edited by Bengal and Assam on Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:41 am

Bengal and Assam wrote:"The Kawanese delegation votes Aye. The Orostani leadership needs to realize that not all of the workers of the world welcomes their barbaric and illegal ways of doing things."

This is a resolution about Puertollano.

The FSR votes nay. It’s foreign and trade policies are not Europe’s to dictate and we have no intention of changing them.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Grandes Terres
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Grandes Terres » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:37 pm

Aye
Anthem of the Federation of Franco-British Republics: La Victoire est à Nous / Victory is Ours

Personality type: INFP-T

Bendicion
Minister

Founded: Nov 19, 2012
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bendicion » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:25 pm

Stephanie Beckett Image
@SBeckett89

Stephanie Marie Beckett

After due deliberation of the German proposal which aims for measures regarding their issues of the Carribean region, the 2nd Australian delegation will be announcing the formal opinion of Commonwealth of Australia.

The Commonwealth of Australia ABSTAINS from the German proposal.

The Australian delegation sees that the aforementioned proposal needlessly attempts to involve the CSN, particularly Section 2, clause 3 of the proposal, in aspects of hostilities and as an immediate tool to the German Union's own interests.

Additionally, we encourage other members of this assembly to thoroughly think their decisions before plunging its members into a conflict that has its own roots between two sides that neither wish to see an end through dialogue and compromise.

Furthermore, suggesting that the CSN must take hold of the situation by declaring the aforementioned disputed islands as internationally independent and create a zone of non-interference from nations that wish to create instability within the region.
Last edited by Bendicion on Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Like talking about history and dreaming of Rome. Join now our Discord server and enlist in the legions

Author of ‘Ben was here o/‘
Self Proclaimed Server Hamster
♖ Sic Parvis Magna ♖
From Small Beginnings, Great Things

>>> BENDICION | A STORY KEPT SAFE <<<

NS Issues Work Bench
I like quiet | I hate insensitivity | Perseverance is my drug
Chaotic Sparkles,c.2023 wrote:this was just one hamster that took on the world and that hamster has now been maintained as governor.
The Sapientia, c.2014 wrote:”You'll be back. Once you start , you can never stop”
LWU gtrf0129 c. 2022 wrote:This raid was so powerful that the power went out in my house lol

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Russian Federated States » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:19 pm

Aye

Federal Pacifica
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 13, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Federal Pacifica » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:16 pm

No, the United Republics will not sanction Puertollano. We vote NAY for the German proposal.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:23 am

Rights of Mother Earth
This Act will recognise the unalienable rights of Mother Earth

Determines the right to:

• Life - It is the right to the maintenance of the integrity of life systems and natural processes which sustain them, as well as the capacities and conditions for their renewal;
  • Diversity of Life - It is the right to the preservation of the differentiation and variety of the beings that comprise Mother Earth, without being genetically altered, nor artificially modified in their structure, in such a manner that threatens their existence, functioning and future potential;
  • Water - It is the right of the preservation of the quality and composition of water to sustain life systems and their protection with regards to contamination, for renewal of the life of Mother Earth and all its components;
  • Clean Air - It is the right of the preservation of the quality and composition of air to sustain life systems and their protection with regards to contamination, for renewal of the life of Mother Earth and all its components;
  • Equilibrium - It is the right to maintenance or restoration of the inter-relation, interdependence, ability to complement and functionality of the components of Mother Earth, in a balanced manner for the continuation of its cycles and the renewal of its vital processes;
  • Restoration - It is the right to the effective and opportune restoration of life systems affected by direct or indirect human activities;
  • Live free of contamination - It is the right for preservation of Mother Earth and any of its components with regards to toxic and radioactive waste generated by human activities

This Act further recognises the indigenous people of the world who were responsible for upholding the rights of Mother Earth for millennia.

AYE: France, the URT, Russia, Portugal, FSR
NAY: San Martinia, Germany, Highlock
Last edited by Puertollano on Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:35 am

Aye.

Grandes Terres
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Grandes Terres » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:18 am

Anthem of the Federation of Franco-British Republics: La Victoire est à Nous / Victory is Ours

Personality type: INFP-T

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Russian Federated States » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:00 am

yes

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates