NATION

PASSWORD

Here in Margrave Arabia....[AMW Only]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Marimaia
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Here in Margrave Arabia....[AMW Only]

Postby Marimaia » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:10 pm

Lysar Palace, Margravia City
Kingdom of Marimaia
22nd September 2017

Located on the coast of the Persian Gulf, the capital of the Kingdom of Marimaia was close to paradise if you liked it hot. Summers lasted from May until September, with temperatures only dipping below 30°C on extremely rare occasions and relative humidity ranging between 44% and 66%. In fact temperatures only tended to drop below 20°C from December to February, and even then they never usually dropped below 16°C. Rainfall usually comprised of isolated events between October and March, so umbrellas only ever made an appearance in Margravia City if they were being used for shade from the beaming sunshine. The buildings of Margravia City were therefore designed in an attempt to combat the heat through a number of methods, ranging from air conditioning and dehumidifiers to building in places where new constructions would cast shadows over existing structures; for the more exclusive and expensive buildings, more complex methods were being used such as underfloor cooling systems. The ruling Margrave family had become obscenely wealthy due to their nation's reserves of oil and natural gas, and they had wanted their capital city to be a monument to wealth and progress, so the extensive renovation and redevelopment of the city had started in 1971. Real estate projects continued to drive the city in the right direction, with land reclamation schemes and construction projects which were creating entire planned communities which had been designed down to the placement of every street light and tree. A four million square metre artificial island known as the Margrave Pearl was also nearing completion, featuring beach resorts, luxury boutiques, car showrooms, decadently lavish hotels, and high-end housing which was already subject to a three year waiting list.

On the inland outskirts of Margravia City lay the sprawling royal residential compound named Lysar Palace, just over five kilometres west from the fourteen square kilometre area known as Education City, which housed educational facilities from school age to research level as well as branch campuses of various universities. Lysar Palace was a recent construction as it had been built to be the primary residence of King Lysander, who had ascended to the throne in 2015 after the death of his father King Thomas II. Covering 781,200 square metres including the grounds, Lysar Palace actually consisted of the King's palace, three smaller palaces for his brother, sister, and mother respectively, the servants' quarters (which could be described as a palace in its own right), and various additional structures concerned with security, leisure, and any other aspects of royal existence which had been anticipated by the designers. Ever since the founding of the Kingdom of Marimaia in 1915 there had been four kings in total: King Thomas I, King Reginald, King Thomas II, and now King Lysander. A new palace had been constructed for each king and remained as part of the family's real estate so Lysander had the luxury of four palaces to choose from, located around the nation. He preferred Lysar Palace above all others due to the modern features and the fact that it had been named in his honour. The other three palaces did not lie fallow in his absence though, as Lysander appointed relatively minor members of the extended Margrave family to reside in the opulent residences as 'caretakers'. This was not just to ensure that the palaces were kept in good order, as these minor Margraves were regarded as potentially useful to the King if any family 'squabbles' arose. Lysander may have been a particularly egocentric and self-indulgent twenty four year old, but he had been educated to be a monarch from the day of his birth and so he knew how to play the political games of the Kingdom, even if he did not necessarily appear to be interested much of the time.

As it was a Friday, King Lysander was attending the weekly meeting with the Council of Ministers, a body which fulfilled the same role that a Cabinet would in other nations. Due to the nature of the Marimaian political system, Lysander was both King and Prime Minister, so all policy decisions were ultimately confirmed by him. In practise this meant that much of the work of government fell to his ministers, as the various Ministries developed potential new policies or alterations to existing ones and then proposed them to Lysander for either confirmation or rejection. Some outside observers may have concluded that the Council of Ministers was full of sycophants as the membership comprised exclusively of individuals from the extended Margrave family, noted loyal experts, and the influential Al-May'eem tribe which had collaborated with the Margraves when the Kingdom was founded, but the Council had a genuine desire to see the nation continue to prosper as they stood to benefit greatly from it. The conference room where the Council always met was decorated in white wall panelling with golden gilding, while a variety of portraits and landscapes in gilt frames finished off the ostentatious display. The large rectangular oak conference table which dominated the room was surrounded by eighteen matching antique oak chairs with plush white upholstery, nine on each long side, while a larger white and gilt throne was positioned at the head of the table; the eighteen chairs were currently occupied by the various Council members and the throne was occupied by King Lysander himself. At the King's right side stood Topan, Lysander's ever-present companion who appeared to fulfil a number of roles in his monarch's service. Recruited by King Thomas II to be a confidant for Lysander in his teenage years, the young man of Southeast Asian descent stood to Lysander's right side bearing a silver tray which carried a tall glass of sweet iced tea. After asking a question of the Council, Lysander liked to sip at a cool beverage through a long coloured straw while he listened to the response; sometimes iced tea, sometimes cherry-flavoured or vanilla-flavoured cola.

"Sir Randolph, what news from the Defense Ministry?"

Sir Randolph Warmsley leaned forward with a business-like expression. One of several Council members who had married into the Margrave family, Randolph was well regarded by the King due to his aristocratic demeanour and demonstrated competence in his position as Defense Minister. As he addressed Lysander, Randolph gave the same little nod of respect that he always performed when beginning to speak to his monarch.

"Your Majesty. The Royal Marimaian Defense Forces are always prepared to combat a possible incursion from any nation which might attempt to destroy this great kingdom, but while our equipment is more than up to the task there is always the possibility of better equipment being available. So I would like to organise the usual arms expo and foreign defense visits to ascertain if any of our current suppliers have developed new hardware which would be of interest to us. Duke Piers and I were also hoping that you could make some time for meetings with ambassadors and the like."

At this point Duke Piers Margrave weighed into the discussion. As Foreign Minister as well as one of Lysander's uncles, Piers was one of the more important individuals in the Kingdom of Marimaia.

"Sir Randolph and I believe that you do not need to make any formal meeting arrangements yourself, Your Majesty. The Foreign Ministry can inform the various embassies that you have some time open in your schedule and that you would be amenable to meeting ambassadors or other representatives if they themselves wish a meeting. It never hurts to reaffirm ties through a one-to-one discussion."

Lysander nodded. "I think I can get behind that plan." He paused for a moment as he crossed one leg over the other under the table to make himself more comfortable, and then reached for his drink. "Uncle Piers, once you have an idea of which ambassadors wish to meet with me then contact Hostewick and he'll sort out the finer details."

"Of course Your Majesty. I'm sure that we'll have a great deal of interest."

The young King smacked his lips slightly as he stopped sipping through the straw and smiled. "Of course you will. Now then Haydar, how is work progressing on the new King Lysander Ice Hall? If we're ever going to be taken seriously in ice hockey then our boys will need somewhere to train."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the meeting concluded the ministers were in the process of leaving the hallowed and air conditioned halls of Lysar Palace for their air conditioned luxury cars, while Lysander had headed directly for his private quarters with Topan in tow, meeting up with the royal butler Hostewick on the way. After casually tossing some proposal folders onto his plush emperor-size bed Lysander began removing his formal suit, leaving expensive tailored apparel crumpled on the cooled floor for Hostewick to collect while Topan perched himself on the side of the bed and watched as the rather naked King strode into his mahogany panelled walk-in closet. Despite being occupied with collecting up the expensive clothing which was strewn on the floor, Hostewick wasted no time in responding when the King shouted a question to him.

"Hostewick, what's my schedule like for the rest of the day?"

Hostewick maintained his usual neutral expression. "Well Your Majesty, you have the annual dinner with the leaders of the Hashid tribal confederation this evening at eight o'clock so I would recommend dressing for it at half past seven. So you essentially have eight hours for your own leisure."

"Excellent." Upon hearing the King's voice more clearly Hostewick turned to see Lysander dressed in a white martial arts uniform, signifying that he was about to embark on a self-defense lesson with Topan. Lysar Palace featured a state-of-the-art and well appointed training room which saw infinitely more use from Topan than Lysander, who only ever seemed to visit the palace gym when he was in the mood to continue learning basic defense techniques from his companion. Having served the Margrave family for many years and having observed Lysander as he grew up, Hostewick had rightly guessed long ago that the self-defense lessons usually developed into a different form of indoor physical activity between the pair. Considering that Topan shared Lysander's bed at night, it was not a particularly difficult guess.

"I'll ensure that everyone is aware that you are in a self-defense lesson and you are not to be disturbed under any circumstances for at least an hour and a half, Your Majesty."

Lysander grinned in response to the butler's statement. "Hostewick, you're a credit to your profession."

"Quite, Your Majesty."
Last edited by Marimaia on Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Marimaia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Marimaia » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:23 pm

(OOC: First part is a flashback)

Tomasine Palace, Margravia City
Kingdom of Marimaia
30th July 2009

"Are you certain that this is a good idea?"

King Thomas II smiled warmly at Queen Cleantha's expression of concern. "I know it might seem a tad unorthodox but what else would you suggest? Lysander was born to rule this kingdom one day but you and I both know that he isn't exactly the best at making new friends. I've had everything checked and double-checked, there's no reason to worry."

Cleantha frowned in response. "You're assuming, of course, that Lysander will actually appreciate this."

Thomas sighed slightly. "It's his sixteenth birthday. That's an important event in anyone's life. We are talking about the Crown Prince of the Kingdom of Marimaia here, you can't just get him anything for a birthday as special as this one. I already know the gifts that others will be presenting to him at tonight's party and trust me, he'll receive nothing like this."

It was a beautiful summer morning in Margravia City and the sunlight was streaming into the lounge of the primary royal residence, illuminating a considerable pile of wrapped gifts which sat awaiting their new owner. King Thomas II and Queen Cleantha were sat next to each other on a plush sofa while the fourteen year old Princess Edlyn and the eleven year old Prince Baldwin were chatting excitedly, wondering what their older brother had received for his birthday. Finally Hostewick entered the lounge and made a cheerful announcement.

"May I introduce the sixteen year old Crown Prince Lysander of the Kingdom of Marimaia!"

Lysander stepped into the lounge, dressed in a stylish new suit and grinning at the fact that he was the center of attention for the day. After the rest of his immediate family and Hostewick had enthusiastically sung 'Happy Birthday to You', the teenage Crown Prince received a loving hug from his mother and a warm handshake from his father while his younger siblings edged ever closer towards the collection of presents. Lysander quickly dove right into unwrapping his gifts which included such highlights as certification as a director of Mari-Oil and Mari-Gas, the family-owned oil and gas monopolies, and the keys to a gold vinyl-coated Lamborghini Aventador SuperVeloce. Although Lysander had yet to learn how to drive, he seemed particularly impressed that he now owned a gold Lamborghini. As he began jangling the keys in front of Edlyn in a playful attempt to make her jealous, Thomas walked over to the door which connected the lounge to a similarly decorated reception room and knocked three times before loudly clearing his throat to get Lysander's attention.

"One more gift for you."

Thomas opened the door to reveal a rather handsome young man with short styled black hair, dressed in a white short-sleeved shirt with black slacks, a black waistcoat and smart black shoes. Lysander's eyes darted with uncertainty from the individual to his father, to his mother and then back to his father. Thomas smirked as he enjoyed the rare occurrence of the Crown Prince actually being lost for words.

"Lysander, as you are now sixteen I think it is time for you to have your own valet." He turned to the young man and gestured towards Lysander. "Why not introduce yourself?"

The young man nodded and entered the lounge with an ever-so-slight swagger as he made his way over to the Crown Prince and bowed.

"Your Royal Highness, my name is Topan. It is an honour to finally meet you, and I shall do my utmost to serve you in any way I can."

Topan slightly raised his head to make eye contact with Lysander and winked, restoring the grin that the Crown Prince had worn earlier as he addressed his new manservant.

"So where are you from, Topan?"

Topan straightened up before responding. "West Papua, Your Royal Highness. I came to the Kingdom of Marimaia looking for employment, but I never imagined that I would wind up as valet to the Crown Prince."

Lysander nodded approvingly. "Can you drive by any chance?"

"Of course, Your Royal Highness."

"Fantastic." Lysander tossed the Lamborghini keys to Topan. "Take me for a drive."

Topan responded with a wry smile, casually tossing the keys into the air before catching them without looking. "Your wish is my command."

As Lysander excitedly bounded out of the room with Topan close behind, Cleantha watched the pair make their exit before turning her attention to her husband. "He's a little too familiar, don't you think?"

Thomas shrugged at her criticism and chuckled. "That is rather the point."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kingdom of Marimaia
23rd September 2017

The royal apartments were always quiet first thing in the morning. Hostewick's duties always brought him to the King's personal quarters at half past seven to wake him with a morning beverage but that was still a couple of hours away. Lysander was blissfully dozing in his expansive bed while Topan spooned with him, the West Papuan manservant's arms hugging the young King to him while they both slept. In other royal households this may have been a scandalous scene but everyone at the palace knew the sort of relationship that existed between Lysander and Topan; it had been eight years since Topan had entered service with the royal household as Lysander's valet, and the pair had been practically inseparable ever since. Indeed, the term 'valet' hardly seemed adequate to describe his position so most individuals who knew of their relationship simply referred to Topan as Lysander's 'companion'.

As he awoke and blinked away the remaining bleariness Topan tightened his arms slightly around Lysander, who murmured before opening his eyes. Topan leaned over slightly and gently kissed Lysander on the cheek.

"Sorry if I woke you, Lissie."

Lysander rolled over in Topan's arms, looking up at him as he got comfortable again. "What time is it?"

"Half past five." After checking the bedside clock Topan turned his attention back to Lysander and affectionately rubbed his own nose against the King's. "Damn you're beautiful."

"I know."

Lysander gave a cocky grin and then started giggling as Topan snorted amusedly and leaned down to kiss him.
Last edited by Marimaia on Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Marimaia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Marimaia » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:18 pm

Kingdom of Marimaia
2nd October 2017

The reception lounge of Lysar Palace was yet another testament to wealth and finery in a residence which exemplified both qualities. As with other 'official' rooms within the palace, the reception lounge was decorated in white wall panelling with golden gilding, accessorised with a collection of stylish white upholstered furnishings which included two four-person sofas and four matching armchairs arranged around a central white marble coffee table. The theme of the palace's decor continued with the presence of several artworks displayed in gilt frames on the lounge walls, and two large tinted glass doors provided access to the palace grounds if Lysander wished to stroll with his guests. On this particular afternoon Lysander was gazing out of the glass doors as he waited for his expected guest to arrive, while Topan held the young King from behind in an affectionate embrace, resting his chin on Lysander's shoulder as they spoke in gentle tones to one another. A singe loud knock at one of the lounge's interior doors drew their attention as Hostewick entered, taking three steps before pausing and bowing his head respectfully. Topan released his arms from around Lysander and took a step to the side as the butler addressed his King.

"Your Majesty, the Queen Mother is here to see you as requested."

"Splendid, please show her in."

Hostewick gave a dutiful nod before turning on his heel and walking back to the doorway, taking up position to one side and gesturing for a waiting individual to enter. Queen Mother Cleantha then swept into the lounge with her usual superior attitude, barely acknowledging Hostewick's presence as she proceeded past him. A scion of the Faunteroy family, Cleantha had become the bride of Thomas II Margrave out of love rather than political concern as although the Faunteroys possessed some degree of wealth, they were not seen as a particularly influential family until Cleantha became Queen upon Thomas's ascent to the throne. Faunteroy influence had peaked under the reign of Thomas II and had already started to decline under Lysander's rule as Cleantha's political influence had evaporated in the face of the concerted efforts of the so-called "Three Wise Men": Interior Minister Duke Crispin Margrave, Foreign Minister Duke Piers Margrave, and Treasury Minister Lord Spencer Margrave. While Lysander was not sexist per se, he did regard his two uncles and his father's cousin as being eminently more qualified to give political advice than his own mother, and so Cleantha's input was only sought on close family matters. As a result Cleantha had taken to embarking on shopping trips to the most prestigious capitals of the world, occasionally being called upon to represent Lysander at foreign engagements if he did not feel inclined to attend. The Queen Mother had become fairly well-known for her somewhat eccentric manner of dress, preferring Victorian styles of clothing which were specially made to give her ease of movement and allow for air circulation in the warm Marimaian climate. On this particular occasion she was wearing a high-collared white blouse and high-waisted black skirt with a pair of black ankle boots. She came to a halt a few feet from Lysander and raised an eyebrow.

"You asked to see me, my dear?"

Lysander matched her by raising an eyebrow at her use of 'my dear' as it usually denoted irritation on her part, her usual manner of addressing her eldest son being 'my love'.

"Yes, Mumsy. Please take a seat."

Cleantha strode over to the seating area and perched herself in the middle of one of the plush sofas while Lysander took up position directly opposite her on the other sofa. The Queen Mother shot a disapproving look at Topan as he stood directly behind Lysander, and there was very little small talk between mother and son while they waited for Hostewick to serve refreshments. The Margrave family butler quickly set a tall glass of cherry-flavoured cola in front of Lysander, complete with ice cubes and a long red straw, before placing a a glass of iced tea before the Queen Mother. Cleantha took a sip of her drink before speaking.

"If this is a family matter, why is he here?"

As she nodded in the direction of Topan, Hostewick's eyes widened and the butler exited the room with all the grace of his station, pulling the door closed behind him before stooping slightly to eavesdrop as best he could. Lysander responded to his mother's attitude with a withering glare.

"He is here because I want him here. Are you about to tell me that the King can't have his faithful companion present?"

Cleantha let out a slight sigh. "No...no, of course not."

"Good, because he's more a part of the family than some I could mention. Now, I want to talk to you about Edlyn. She's twenty-two and it's time that she got married."

The Queen Mother's expression brightened considerably at the mention of her only daughter's potential nuptials. "You're right about that, my love. There are several possibilities that we should explore for a match, there's Britain, Valendia, and Chrinthania as examples if we want a noble or preferably royal match. Of course other nations do have their own wealthy dynasties, but I think we both agree that we should focus on breeding rather than naked wealth."

Lysander picked up his glass and clicked his tongue slightly. "She seems quite fond of Adnan Al-May'eem." The young monarch began noisily sipping cola through the red straw as he watched his mother's expression change from glee to mild horror.

"What? No, absolutely not. We Margraves marry into the wealthy and the nobility of the world, we do not marry the locals!"

Lysander paused his sipping to respond. "That sort of attitude is terribly old-fashioned and rather hypocritical, don't you think? I mean, you never opposed my relationship with Topan, unless there's something you haven't told me. So you think it's acceptable for me to have a lover from West Papua but Edlyn's not allowed to marry an Arab?" He smirked slightly as he resumed sipping, watching Cleantha as she considered her reply.

"I will admit that I had my reservations when you two became more...intimate...but I was proven wrong." She did her best not to react as Topan leaned down and gave Lysander a very deliberate kiss on the cheek, instead continuing with her train of thought. "It's different though. We know you're never going to get married so it doesn't matter who you take as a lover, but once Edlyn gets married her husband becomes part of the extended Margrave family and she becomes part of his family. It would be far more advantageous and appropriate for our family to be joined to European or Chrinthani nobility rather than the Al-May'eem tribe, it would help form closer diplomatic ties."

"Our oil and gas help us to form close diplomatic ties, our money helps us to form close diplomatic ties. Other nations don't want a Marimaian princess, they want Marimaian oil and they want Marimaian cash. Edlyn resolved herself to the idea of marrying politically, but if we go with Adnan Al-May'eem then it's both political and romantic. The House of Margrave and the Al-May'eem tribe have been allies for over a century and there's not been a single marriage between the two during that time. Adnan is genuinely nice and he's a modernist Muslim, he treats her like the princess that she is. Imagine the ceremony, the whole kingdom could get invested in the love story between them. Their marriage could serve as a symbol of the kingdom's multi-ethnic and multi-faith society." The young monarch beamed at his own thought.

Cleantha frowned disapprovingly. "Has he even mentioned the possiblity of marriage?"

Lysander shrugged. "If he doesn't think that it's possible then why would he? However, if I happen to think out loud about that sort of thing around him then he might realise that it's okay. I can't very well tell him that I'd support him proposing to her because it might scare him off...and if I find out that you tell him anything so direct in an attempt to scare him off then I won't be best pleased."

The Queen Mother scowled before inspiration struck her. "What if I found someone else who was far more appropriate and managed to win her heart?"

Lysander rolled his eyes at his mother's question. "You can try, Mumsy. Just keep in mind that he'll have to pass my scrutiny as well as Edlyn's; as Baldwin once told me, I'm not just the King, I'm also the Queen Bitch."
Last edited by Marimaia on Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marimaia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Marimaia » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:56 pm

Kingdom of Marimaia
3rd October 2017

"...and this, Your Majesty, shows the latest results from the test warm-ups of our kingdom's newest nuclear power plant. As you can see, they're well within-"

Lysander held up his hand and shook his head. "Nasrallah, I'm sure it's fascinating but nuclear energy isn't really a subject I know much about. Surely you should be showing this information to Avery?"

Nasrallah Al-May'eem smiled broadly. "Your Minister of Energy, Industry and Natural Resources has already seen all of this data and he suggested that you might want to be apprised of the situation. What it basically boils down to is that we should be able to have the Riyadh power plant generating electricity on schedule. Combined with the existing Yanbu nuclear plant that your father spearheaded in the early days of his reign, it will demonstrate the modern and forward thinking direction of the Kingdom of Marimaia."

Lysander nodded approvingly before sitting back on the stylish white sofa that the pair were sharing in the reception lounge of Lysar Palace, smiling sweetly as Topan handed him a glass of vanilla flavoured cola complete with a long red straw. The King had been intrigued when his Minister for Science and Technological Innovation had dropped by for an impromptu discussion but much of the technical information that Nasrallah had detailed had shot straight over Lysander's head. While he did have a basic understanding of how nuclear power was generated, Lysander knew absolutely nothing about finer scientific details; that was, in his mind, Nasrallah's department after all. After taking a long sip of cola through the straw, Lysander gestured towards Nasrallah with his glass.

"Nuclear weapons."

The middle-aged mustached minister's eyes widened with surprise at the sudden mention. "What about them, Your Majesty?"

Lysander moved to sit more upright but encountered slight difficulty as he was still clutching his almost-full glass, so Topan quickly and neatly stepped into position before gently pushing Lysander upright with one hand between his shoulders. The young King set his drink on the nearby white marble coffee table before continuing.

"Could we develop them?"

Nasrallah scratched his chin while he considered the best response. "Well, Your Majesty...it's entirely possible but it's not something that could be done overnight. We'd have to either purchase or manufacture the correct equipment, best to purchase it from an existing nuclear power in all honesty, but that would be noticed. There's then the potential dispute with the Chrinthani, we buy most of our uranium from them and they'd probably refuse to sell to us if they thought we'd be using Chrinthani uranium to make nuclear weapons. That would then mean finding another supplier and they aren't exactly common. By that time it's very likely that any power with a working intelligence community would have an idea of what was going on; as nuclear weapons take a lot of time and expertise to develop and produce, everyone would know what we were doing and they might not appreciate it. Just out of curiosity, any particular reason why you're interested in nuclear weapons, Your Majesty?"

"Not really, just a thought I had. We were discussing nuclear power and nuclear weapons seemed like a logical direction to take the discussion in."

"Of course, Your Majesty." Nasrallah was no fool. He knew full well that Lysander had asked out of far more than idle interest and was now acting indifferent to the idea because it would be more difficult to implement than he had hoped. The sudden arrival of Hostewick interrupted the conversation as the veteran butler addressed Lysander. "Forgive the interruption Your Majesty, but Princess Edlyn is here as requested."

Lysander grinned at Hostewick. "Show her in."

As Lysander rose to his feet, Nasrallah collected up his varied documentation and clutched it under his arm as he bowed his head towards his monarch. "I shall take my leave, Your Majesty."

Lysander responded with an agreeable nod, at which point Nasrallah made his exit from the reception lounge, issuing a respectful bow of his head to Princess Edlyn as she strode into the lounge. At twenty-two years old Edlyn was the middle child and only daughter of the late King Thomas II, with light chocolate brown hair which flowed down to her shoulders and hazel eyes which often gleamed with mischevious intent. As the King's younger sister Edlyn had her own smaller residence on the grounds of Lysar Palace where she resided with a small collection of handmaids and sycophantic friends; her hangers-on would always laugh at her jokes and scathingly comment about those who displeased her, but on this particular occasion Edlyn was on her own. After exchanging cheek kisses with her older brother, the Princess of Marimaia joined him on the sofa and chatted idly until Hostewick reappeared with a glass of orange juice for her. The family butler then exited the room to leave the royal siblings to their discussions.

"So Sandy, it must be important if we have to talk here. What's wrong?"

Lysander scooched closely to her as Topan sat behind him on the sofa, then reclined backwards onto his West Papuan companion, grinning as Topan gently wrapped his arms around him. "Well Eddie, it's about you and Adnan. Now I love the guy, he's sweet and funny and he obviously adores you. The thing is, I was talking to Mumsy yesterday and-"

Edlyn pulled a disapproving face. "I can guess. He's not appropriate enough, Margraves don't dally with the natives, that sort of thing?"

"Pretty much. I may have mentioned that I thought he'd make a good marriage match for you as well...."

"I'm surprised you survived the resulting explosion."

Lysander smirked in response. "Well, I disarmed that particular bomb by questioning why it's okay for me to be with Topan but you're apparently not allowed to be with Adnan. Anyway, I thought you might appreciate some warning because she seems intent on finding someone more 'appropriate' for you to marry. Don't be surprised if some dashing foreign noble shows up soon and turns on the charm."

Edlyn rolled her eyes at the idea. "Ugh, wonderful." After taking a sip of orange juice she gestured towards Lysander and Topan. "Personally I think she's still pissed that you two got together, and because she can't do anything about it she's going to focus on me and Baldwin. Remember her reaction when she finally found out about you two? Father thought it was hilarious; it was so obvious that you two were fucking, we all thought she'd have realised before."

Lysander giggled gleefully at the memory. "She learned to knock every time after that, it was hardly our fault that she waltzed into my bedroom without warning."

Topan lowered his face and gently kissed the back of Lysander's head before joining in the conversation with a cheeky grin. "At least we were between the sheets that time."
Last edited by Marimaia on Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marimaia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Marimaia » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:58 am

Kingdom of Marimaia
7th October 2017

As the ruling family of the Kingdom of Marimaia, the one thousand and five hundred-strong extended House of Margrave enjoyed their own familial social calendar in addition to the better-known national social calendar. Pride of place in this familial social calendar was taken by the trimonthly Seasonal Balls, with the Winter Ball in January, the Spring Ball in April, the Summer Ball in July, and the Autumn Ball in October, always held on the first Saturday of their respective month. On these occasions the interior of the royal residence was bedecked with themed decorations, in the case of the Autumn Ball this meant decorations such as bare trees, garlands of brown and yellow leaves, brown and yellow leaves scattered across the floors of various rooms, and slightly dimmed lighting; not entirely consistent with autumn in the Kingdom of Marimaia, but entirely consistent with the season as experienced in the original Margrave homeland in North America. While the season should probably have been more correctly described as 'fall', the Margraves had always enjoyed being a little different and therefore referred to it in the Walmingtonian and British manner rather than the traditional North American manner. The guest list was nominally restricted to the Margrave extended family, all of whom dressed in their best finery for the opportunity to reconnect with relatives, catch up on family gossip, and most importantly of all rub shoulders with the Royal Household; although attendees were permitted to bring plus-ones, any non-family guests had to be named well ahead of time for vetting purposes. Copious amounts of high quality food were on offer, set up in a buffet style so that guests could collect food before returning to conversations or otherwise mingling freely with other attendees, and a wide variety of beverages flowed freely, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. While these events were certainly expensive affairs, the cost was ultimately a drop in the ocean of the Margrave family fortunes.

This was Lysander's third Autumn Ball as King of Marimaia and he was finally recognising a respectable number of his relatives. Not that the young monarch had a poor memory, but the combined effects of a large number of relatives and Lysander's lack of interest in learning everyone's name meant that Hostewick was always at his side during the early minutes of these events; admittedly the veteran butler did not remember everyone either, but he did have a list of attendees with pertinent facts about them as well as an earpiece radio which relayed news of arrivals from the footmen who greeted the guests at the palace entrance. Upon being escorted into the main ballroom, guests would encounter a small greeting committee at the door consisting of Hostewick (who would formally introduce them to the monarch), then King Lysander, and finally Queen Mother Cleantha standing at her eldest son's side; much to Topan's personal amusement and Lysander's irritation, the King's West Papuan companion had to stand behind him rather than at his side due to Cleantha's insistence that she must be positioned next to Lysander. Princess Edlyn and Prince Baldwin were luckily exempt from having to participate in greetings duties, and would show up at the party when they had finished getting ready. As it turned out the greetings phase of the Autumn Ball was not entirely without entertainment for Lysander as Topan occasionally leaned forward to whisper a cheeky comment about the guests who were passing by, earning laughter from Lysander and an occasional glower from Cleantha. The entertainment value only increased as the King's nineteen year old brother Prince Baldwin stepped into the ballroom dressed in a smart black tuxedo and approached Lysander to whisper in his ear.

"They're about to walk in."

Lysander responded with a wink before turning to his mother with a particularly self-satisfied grin as Baldwin made his way to mingle with other family members. "Going well so far, don't you think Mumsy?"

Cleantha's response died in her throat as the next couple walked in. Adnan Al-May'eem looked rather sharp in a black suit and waistcoat combination, his dark brown hair styled almost as a mane reaching the base of his neck while stylish stubble adorned his jawline and framed his mouth; on his arm was Princess Edlyn, wearing a colourful dress which appeared to have a stylised designer floral pattern, with her hair down and a beaming smile on her face. Adnan offered a polite nod to Hostewick before bowing slightly to Lysander.

"Your Majesty. Thank you again for the invitation, I realise that it is a great honour to attend a Margrave social occasion."

Lysander gave a warm smile in response. "It was no problem, Adnan. I mean you're practically part of the family these days, so it only seemed fair." The King then exchanged cheek kisses with Edlyn before the young couple exchanged polite greetings with Cleantha. As Adnan and Edlyn headed into the growing mass of the Margrave family attendees, Cleantha turned her gaze back to her son only to be greeted by grins from both Lysander and Topan while Hostewick quickly wiped the smirk off his own face and returned to greeting guests as they walked in.

As the Autumn Ball got into full swing the guests started to spread throughout the palace, some dancing together in the main ballroom, some chatting in adjacent rooms, and others strolling in the palace grounds. Lysander was talking cheerfully with the ever-fatherly and polite Duke Crispin Margrave, Interior Minister and one of the King's uncles, while Topan remained ever-present at Lysander's side; Cleantha stood further away conversing with several 'lesser' relatives while maintaining a critical eye not only on her eldest son but also on Princess Edlyn, who was clearly enjoying herself dancing with Adnan in front of the entire family. Her focus was broken by the voice of Lieutenant General Michael Margrave, the rather blunt and plain-speaking commander of the Margravian Royal Guard. Numbering some 250,000 highly trained personnel, the Margravian Royal Guard were a light mechanized force and associated militia, answering directly to the House of Margrave and operating separately from the Ministry of Defense. Their primary role was one of guarding key installations as well as providing security for the Royal Household, but they also acted as the ultimate line of defense for the Margrave regime. Comprised of Arab Christians and Jews as well as non-Arab citizens, the Margravian Royal Guard would be able to put down any revolt by elements of the Royal Marimaian Defense Forces (RMDF); the only real trouble they would face would come from an en masse revolt by the entire RMDF, but that was an extremely unlikely scenario as it would require Al-May'eem personnel as well as non-Muslims and non-Arabs to join a revolt against the regime which treated them so well. Due to their closeness to the House of Margrave, the Margravian Royal Guard were always commanded by a member of the family; a second cousin of the late King Thomas II, Michael Margrave had served as commander for almost ten years and had developed a certain honesty when conversing with other family members due to his position as the family's protector. Dressed in an immaculate dark blue officer's uniform with a variety of medals and awards adorning his chest, Michael cleared his throat and offered a nod towards Cleantha.

"Queen Mother."

"Michael! How lovely to see you. I take it that your duties are as fulfilling as always?"

Michael frowned at Cleantha's words. "What the bloody hell are you on about, 'fulfilling'? I'm a soldier in peacetime, the only time this job is truly 'fulfilling' is when I'm perforating the family's enemies."

Cleantha reacted with slight disgust. "How...charming. I-"

Michael interrupted by gesturing towards Adnan and Edlyn. "I'm surprised you've allowed that to happen."

"I didn't allow anything. Lysander is attempting to outmaneuver me with ideas about their relationship, but I think we all know she should be involved with someone more appropriate to her station."

Michael raised his eyebrows as he responded. "The King's outmaneuvering you? Huh. About bloody time. Glad to know someone's reining you in."

"Excuse me?!"

The Lieutenant General shrugged at Cleantha's harsh whisper. "You're a Faunteroy, you only became a Margrave by marriage. Your son, our King? He's a Margrave by birth. Margraves by birth outrank Margraves by marriage when it comes to deciding what's best for the family. Woman, you're lucky we haven't packed you off to some residence in Aden; the only reason we let you swan about the place is because the King hasn't told us otherwise. As soon as he gives the word..."

Michael let out a low whistle and gestured with his thumb over his shoulder. "...out you go. Thomas loved you so we put up with you, but never forget that you're now adrift in a sea full of sharks and your life preserver is the biggest shark in the sea; be thankful that he hasn't gotten hungry or bored yet."

Cleatha scowled and did her best to respond without drawing undue attention to herself, keeping her voice relatively low. "I am the Queen Mother-"

"Exactly. You're not the bloody Queen anymore. You did your job and now your son allows you to represent us overseas, but only when he doesn't want to go to a funeral for some foreign git that we don't give two shits about. There are at least sixty Margraves in this room right now who could do that job better than you. Now if you'll excuse me woman, I'm going to go and pay my respects to my King."

Cleantha watched as Michael strode over to Lysander and exchanged a hug with the young monarch before whispering in his ear. Her nostrils flared as Lysander turned to look at her and offered a friendly wave; Michael also waved to her, albeit with a shit-eating grin stretched across his face.
Last edited by Marimaia on Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Marimaia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Marimaia » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:37 pm

Kingdom of Marimaia
21st October 2017

Adnan Al-May'eem nervously smoothed back his dark brown mane as he followed a few steps behind Hostewick, trying as best he could not to allow his nerves to display on his face. The pair were walking through the corridors of Lysar Palace on their way to the reception lounge, Hostewick wearing his usual butler's uniform while Adnan was dressed in a stylish black formal suit. The twenty seven year old Arab was the third son of Ghassan Al-May'eem, Minister for Religious Affairs as well as the ruling Sheikh of the Tribe of Al-May'eem which bore the distinction of being the second-most influential 'family' in the Kingdom of Marimaia. While the extended House of Margrave numbered some one thousand and five hundred, the Tribe of Al-May'eem reckoned their own extended family to number some seventy thousand; that number excluded the various other clans of the Al-May'eem tribal confederation, which would bring the number closer to approximately six million. The Al-May'eem had played a vital role in Marimaian society since before the kingdom's founding as the tribe had worked with the newly-arrived Margraves to establish Marimaia and subsequently extend the kingdom across most of the Arabian Peninsula. Their loyalty to the House of Margrave had been rewarded in a variety of ways. The Al-May'eem held six of the eighteen positions on the Council of Ministers, as well as being guaranteed the position of Governor in the Governorates of Al-Ahsa (RL Saudi Eastern Province) and Riyadh, and the tribe also received annual 'gifts of friendship' from the House of Margrave which were bribes and payoffs in everything but name; these 'gifts of friendship' were a part of the original alliance between the Margraves and the Al-May'eem which led to the founding of Marimaia, and as such they had become part of the harmonious relationship which existed between the two families. Adnan's thirty eight year old eldest brother Haydar sat on the Council of Ministers as Minister of Culture, Sport and Information, while their thirty one year old middle brother Mustafa had recently been appointed as the Governor of Al-Ahsa Governorate. Adnan himself had been working as an informal aide for Haydar over the past few months and it was in this capacity that he had first encountered Princess Edlyn at an official party unveiling a government initiative designed to highlight Marimaia's unique culture on the world stage. Their initially tentative relationship had since blossomed and that relationship was the reason why Adnan had respectfully requested a private audience with King Lysander.

Upon their arrival at the reception lounge, Adnan politely thanked Hostewick as he opened the door and then finally managed to adopt a confident smile as he entered the room. The warm smile that he received from Lysander helped to ease his nerves even more, as did the fact that Queen Mother Cleantha was nowhere to be seen. Adnan was not overly surprised to see Topan present. Lysander's relationship with the West Papuan 'valet' was no secret to the Margraves or the higher-ranked members of the Al-May'eem tribe, and in fact the King had earned himself a level of respect from the Al-May'eem because he kept it all very 'dignified' around them. The relationship had been kept as a private matter and not flaunted in public, and the pair kept their affectionate acts to a minimum if high ranking Al-May'eem members were present; indeed, at meetings of the Council of Ministers Topan was always in attendance but acting in the servant role that he officially fulfilled. For his part, Adnan viewed the relationship as 'rather sweet' as he had often seen them resemble a married couple when he had spent time with them alongside Edlyn. Having never been publicly confirmed, Lysander's sexuality was rarely the subject of gossip in the nation. Roughly fifty-five percent of Marimaians followed a moderate form of Ibadi Islam and their general view seemed to be that their monarch's private life was exactly that: private. It was a view shared by the Eastern Christian adherents of the Church of Marimaia and the Sephardic Jewish community of the kingdom, assisted by the fact that the Margrave owned media refused to devote any column space or airtime to any speculation about the King's sexuality. If foreign media representatives ever visited the Kingdom of Marimaia in an attempt to 'find out the story', they would find the Marimaian people closing ranks and directing them to the nearest airport due to the perceived disrespect being shown to Lysander by prying into his private life rather than covering his public life. It was an attitude born from the various religious and cultural influences throughout the centuries; it was not uncommon for 'native' Marimaians to kiss cheeks, enjoy long handshakes or hold hands between friends and acquaintances regardless of gender, and no-one sought to find out whether two men strolling down the street holding hands were doing so out of friendship or a more romantic relationship. A person's private life was their own, and this was especially so for a young King who in public was always polite to his subjects, never failed to smile, and never failed to attend domestic engagements.

"Adnan! Come on in, take a seat. How are you?"

Adnan offered a respectful nod to Lysander as the King addressed him. "Very well, thank you Your Majesty. I hope you are well?"

Lysander grinned as Adnan crossed the room and took a seat on the plush antique sofa opposite himself and Topan. "I'm doing fine, thank you."

A nod in Hostewick's direction resulted in the Margrave family butler retreating and closing the door behind himself, at which point Lysander gestured to the drinks service displayed on the white marble coffee table situated between the sofas. "Would you like any tea, coffee...we've got some orange juice as well."

"Coffee please, Your Majesty. Black, no sugar."

Lysander and Topan both sat in unison and the King's companion watched as Lysander attempted to hold a fine porcelain saucer with matching coffee cup in one hand while pouring from the silver coffee pot with the other, quickly intervening as it became obvious that Lysander was just as likely to flood the table as fill the cup. No words were exchanged, just a soft smile from Topan and a slight pout from Lysander as the cup and coffee pot were both liberated from the King's hands simultaneously. With not a drop spilt, Topan handed the coffee to Adnan before setting down the pot. As Lysander was sat forward in his seat, Topan scooched closer to him before reclining back with his arm draped along the back of the sofa; Lysander then sat back in his seat and let out a slight 'hmm' as Topan's arm then draped itself round his shoulders. As Adnan lifted his cup to take a sip, he observed that Lysander must feel particularly comfortable with his presence if he and Topan were acting in such a manner.

"So Adnan, you requested a private audience and here we are. What would you like to discuss?"

Adnan finished taking a sip of his black coffee and set his cup down on the nearby saucer. "Well Your Majesty, it's about Princess Edlyn."

"Oh?"

"Yes, umm...your sister is a beautiful young woman, intelligent, funny, a true treasure of our kingdom. I am in love with her, Your Majesty, and I believe that she is in love with me. I am here...I am here to ask for your blessing and permission to ask Princess Edlyn to marry me."

Lysander could not help but beam with glee at Adnan's statement, giving Topan's knee an affectionate squeeze as he replied. "Blessing given and permission granted!"

Adnan was taken aback by Lysander's obvious enthusiasm. "I...thank you, Your Majesty! I was unsure about whether it might breach some form of protocol-"

Lysander waved his hand dismissively. "Pssh, this is my kingdom and Edlyn is my sister so if I say it's fine then it's fine. The House of Margrave and the Tribe of Al-May'eem have been close allies for over a century yet there's never been a single marriage between the two, which makes no sense to me whatsoever. If you love Edlyn and she loves you, then get married. I will admit that your marriage will be a great occasion for the kingdom and our respective families because it will finally cement ties in the oldest and most traditional of alliance building methods, but that's just my perspective as King of Marimaia and head of the House of Margrave. I mean yes, the King of Marimaia is always recognised as a Sheikh of your tribe but it's nowhere near the same thing as the Margraves and the Al-May'eem strengthening our historical ties through marriage."

Adnan visibly relaxed in response to Lysander's supportive remarks. "I was nervous about asking you because the Queen Mother never really seemed to warm to me. I thought that perhaps-"

"That perhaps her attitude is representative of the House of Margrave? Perish the thought! She may be, well-"

"Judgemental, prudish, and interfering?"

Lysander looked at Topan with a bemused smirk before turning back to Adnan. "She may be everything that Topan just described but she'll come around to the idea when she realises that you and Edlyn love each other. On the off-chance that she doesn't...well, let's hope that she does. Anyway, I hope you do recognise the duties that come with marrying into the Royal Household. You'll be expected to go with Edlyn to all of her public engagements."

"I realise that and I will gladly undertake such duties alongside her, Your Majesty."

Lysander clapped his hands together excitedly. "Then provided that Edlyn says yes, and I can't imagine that she wouldn't...welcome to the family, future brother-in-law."
Last edited by Marimaia on Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chrinthanium
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 04, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Chrinthanium » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:11 am

Chrinthani Embassy, Margravia City

He put the phone down on the receiver as he dabbed the sweat from his brow. A breeze coming through the window didn't change the temperature much. In spite of the fact the city was experiencing Springtime, the Springtime temperatures were often exceeding 27C. The central air conditioning was on the fritz and the only thing Ambassador Tom Nagel could do about it was wipe the sweat off of his brow. In spite of coming from Broome, a city not unaccustomed to hot weather, he was used to having mechanical climate control. The issue of the day was not the air being broken, but the fact that Lysander's message was received in Sydney and he had a reply for the Marimaian king. Emperor Nathaniel IV had agreed to come to visit Marimaia and see King Lysander. In fact, not only was Nathaniel going to arrive, he was bringing his live-in lover, Shane Jennings, with him. The timing would be up to the Marimaians, though Nathaniel was currently en route to America, then California and would be unavailable over the next week and change.

The message had been delivered to the Marimaian Minister of Foreign Affairs in the hopes that the Palace and the Chrinthani could reach an agreement on a date and time. It was Tom's hope that the meeting would be lengthy thus giving him something more to do, while Brightmore Palace was hoping for a shorter visit. Not more than three days. Whatever was decided, he knew that there was the chance Lysander would take personal interest in this particular meeting. If Lysander did take a personal interest, then Ambassador Nagel may have to meet with the King. He liked Lysander. Lysander was very kind and hospitable, but he was also a bit of a tall poppy in his eyes. He was used to getting his own way and whatever it was he wanted. Someone like that could often be the one to throw the proverbial monkey wrench into the works and then god knows what would happen down the track.

It was Nagel's hope Lysander would not take an interest until Nathaniel arrived. Then, Nathaniel would have to deal with Lysander instead of Ambassador Nagel. That would be the best scenario.
"You ever feel like the world is a tuxedo and you're a pair of brown shoes?" - George Gobel, American Comedian (1919-1991)

Marimaia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Marimaia » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:47 pm

Kingdom of Marimaia
20th November 2017

The idea of hosting the Emperor of Chrinthania sparked a considerable sense of excitement and activity within the Foreign Ministry of the Kingdom of Marimaia. While there were certainly considerable differences between the two nations when it came to matters such as political systems, freedom of the media, and the handling of immigration among others, the Kingdom of Marimaia and the Empire of Chrinthania enjoyed a healthy trading relationship and a certain level of amiabilty in their diplomatic relations; as such, a visit by the Chrinthani head of state would be regarded as a particularly pleasant event. This meant that the kingdom's Foreign Minister felt it necessary to take news of the Chrinthani response directly to King Lysander, even though it would require an evening visit to Lysar Palace. Clutching an official communique from the Foreign Ministry regarding the message from the Chrinthani embassy, Duke Piers Margrave strode purposefully through the front entrance of the primary royal residence, dressed in a tailored grey suit with white shirt; the only real splash of colour in his outfit was his purple necktie which had been expertly secured with a half-Windsor knot. The King's uncle quickly found himself intercepted by Hostewick, who offered his usual polite smile.

"Good evening, Your Grace. With respect, I would tread somewhat carefully with His Majesty at this particular time."

Piers raised an eyebrow at the suggestion. "Why, what's happened? Has his mother been acting out again?"

Hostewick shook his head. "Not to my knowledge. Your Grace, you must understand that His Majesty had no commitments this evening and had therefore scheduled a self-defense lesson with Mister Topan. Your call meant that they had to postpone and so His Majesty is a little...shall we say, vexed at present. He does rather enjoy his self-defense lessons, you see."

Piers regarded Hostewick with a degree of confusion. "I was aware that he has these lessons but I didn't think he'd actually enjoy them."

The long-serving Margrave butler sighed with exasperation. "Yes, well, if you put His Majesty in a closed room alone with Mister Topan...I should think I need say no more. His Majesty will see you in the reception lounge, please forgive his unorthodox attire but I believe he intends to proceed with the lesson once you leave."

As he stepped into the reception lounge, Piers was greeted with the sight of Lysander dressed in a white martial arts uniform with his long black hair pulled back into a ponytail; the Marimaian monarch was stood staring out of the large tinted glass doors which provided access to the palace grounds, his arms folded in a gesture of his displeasure at not getting to do what he really wanted to be doing. While Piers had been expecting Topan to be present, he had not been expecting to see Lysander's faithful companion perched on the arm of one of the lounge's armchairs, stripped to the waist and wearing a pair of black workout pants while white athletic tape was precisely wrapped around his hands and bare feet. Once Piers was inside the lounge, Hostewick pulled the door closed and then stooped slightly so that he could listen at the keyhole, rather enjoying the possibility of Lysander chewing out one of his ministers.

"This had better be important."

Lysander's irritation was evident from the sharp tone in his voice as well as the scowl which crossed his face, and Piers recognised that he would have to tread carefully to avoid a dressing-down from his kingly nephew. He cleared his throat and held out the communique towards Lysander.

"A message from the Chrinthani embassy, Your Majesty. Emperor Nathaniel would like to pay our kingdom a visit."

Like a petulant child being offered a new toy or some chocolate, Lysander's demeanour quickly shifted from annoyance to excitement. "Nathaniel wants to visit? That's fantastic!" He just about tore the communique out of his uncle's hand and eagerly read through it, unconsciously mouthing the text as he did so. "Oh, he's bringing the new guy, Shane?"

Lysander looked over to Topan with a broad smirk. "You know the one, Nathaniel apparently headbutted a camera for him."

Topan nodded with a similar smirk. "I remember you giggling at that photo of the Emperor's bruise."

Lysander shrugged with an additional giggle. "That's what you get when you try to be a 'trendy' modern monarch. People start thinking that they're allowed to know about your private life, not like here. My private life is private, and our media don't waste time speculating about me. As it should be...although admittedly it helps that the media is entirely family-owned."

The sound of Piers clearing his throat brought Lysander's attention back to the Foreign Minister, who had been completely ignored during Lysander and Topan's little back-and-forth. "Oh, yes, sorry Uncle Piers. Inform the Chrinthani that Emperor Nathaniel and Mister Jennings will be more than welcome. Suggest that they should visit us sometime around the...11th of December. Hopefully we can fit them in before Christmas but if that's too short a notice period then suggest January after the New Year holiday."

He handed the communique back to Piers and gave his uncle a far more amenable smile. "I'll let you handle the finer details, uncle. Let me know once the timing has been agreed and we can proceed from there."
Last edited by Marimaia on Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chrinthanium
Post Marshal

Democratic Socialists

Postby Chrinthanium » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:30 am

Brightmore Palace, Sydney, Chrinthania

He sat behind the large, oak desk his hand gliding across the page without effort. Each stroke was broad and flowing, the indisputable mark of the Emperor of Chrinthania as he granted his assent to the bill from Parliament. As he finished his signature, Luke Davis removed the paper and then turned to Nathaniel and smiled. Nathaniel sat ready to sign the next bill, but no more seemed forthcoming. This caused Nathaniel to turn his head towards Luke and raise an eyebrow. Then Luke slid another piece of paper before him, but it wasn't a bill. Across the top was the gold embossed letterhead from the Chrinthani Embassy in Margravia City. Nathaniel read the communique with interest. It wasn't often he received communications from the ambassadors. Most of that went to PM Pledger. This note was specifically addressed to Nathaniel. As he scanned the document, a broad smile materialized on his face.

"I believe the 11th is a good day," Nathaniel said, "unless you have scheduled me for something I know nothing about."

"No, Sir," Luke said with a smile, "in fact, your schedule clears up just before this. The PM has also been informed, Sir. I'm certain he'll have some information to send with you."

"Is he not coming?" Nathaniel said with a hopeful smile.

"He will be on vacation. He's going to send over some items with you to give to Ambassador Nagel. Just some talking points which they can discuss. Seems like you're going to rack up some frequent flier miles."

Nathaniel slid his suit sleeve up slightly revealing his watch, "Yes, I am. In fact, what time do Shane and I depart for America?"

"3 this arvo, Sir," Luke said.

Nathaniel nodded, "Very well. Send a personal note to Lysander expressing my pleasure at being granted the opportunity to see him. Extend my love for Marimaia and the relations our two nations have. Furthermore, tell him that I hope this visit will allow a closer connection between our nations as we move forward into the future. Include a personal message explaining that I hope he is well and that his family is healthy and happy. Close with an expressed desire to see the sights of Margravia City and that in future we hope to extend the same kindness to His Majesty."

"Yes sir, I will transmit that to the Embassy and have them deliver it."
"You ever feel like the world is a tuxedo and you're a pair of brown shoes?" - George Gobel, American Comedian (1919-1991)

Marimaia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Marimaia » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:24 pm

Kingdom of Marimaia
23rd November 2017

"That's so nice, don't you think?"

Lysander waved the response from Emperor Nathaniel at Princess Edlyn and Prince Baldwin from across the light oak coffee table with a considerable amount of glee. In yet another example of the high quality and thoroughly modern amenities that Lysar Palace featured, the palace's indoor swimming pool featured floor-to-ceiling self-tinting 'smart windows' while the white and cream decor featured ornate blue trimming and highlights. The pool itself dominated the centre of the room and was always kept immaculately clean so that the intricate white and blue mosaic at the bottom of the pool could be clearly seen, while the ceiling featured a large mural of a blue sky dotted with white clouds. The pool furniture comprised of a number of plush pale blue and light oak left-facing chaise longue day beds positioned right at the side of the pool; these were accompanied by four sets of lounge furniture further back from poolside, each set consisting of a pale blue and gold trim sofa with two matching armchairs positioned around a light oak coffee table. The three royal siblings had gathered for a catch-up while Hostewick maintained a vigilant eye for any sign of their mother's approach as they did not particularly wish to have her involve herself in their affairs at the present moment in time. Edlyn and Baldwin were each reclining comfortably in an armchair with a cool drink, Edlyn in a fashionable multi-coloured swimsuit and sarong combination while Baldwin wore a simple loose shirt and board shorts. Lysander, on the other hand, was stretched out on his back on the sofa wearing an open black shirt with a black and gold trimmed square leg swimsuit, resting his head on the lap of the black swim briefs-wearing Topan. The Marimaian monarch read through the response to himself once again, then spoke aloud to the rest of the group.

"Which sights should we take him to? He's only going to be here for a couple of days so they've got to be the best we have to offer."

"What about Megapolis?"

Lysander regarded his younger brother with a mixture of amusement and incredulity. "He's the Emperor of Chrinthania, we're not taking him to an entertainment centre. Even if it is the best entertainment centre in the region, the British might say otherwise but then they'd never admit that another nation is better than them." He paused briefly. "Do you think he'd want to go?"

Baldwin shrugged. "No harm in giving him the choice. Rather than drawing up a strict schedule, give him options and let him decide where he wants to visit. It'll seem more 'Chrinthani' than telling him where he's going."

Lysander craned his head back slightly to look up at Topan. "What do you think? You are originally Chrinthani, after all."

Topan smirked and began gently stroking Lysander's flowing black locks. "I think Baldwin's onto something. Nathaniel's not exactly the most traditional of monarchs so don't plan the most traditional of visits."

"I guess that makes sense. So Megapolis is an option...I was thinking maybe the Sheikh Salih Museum, we could take him shopping at the boutiques on the Margrave Pearl because it's just the apartments that are still being built there. What about the Royal Aquarium and Aquacultural Centre?"

Topan chuckled at that last suggestion. "I think we all know why you'd want to take him there. 'Oh, Your Imperial Majesty. Does Chrinthania have a whale shark? I can't remember hearing about one.' Remember that he's coming here to be friends, not to have our wealth flaunted in his face. Of course if he asks to go then it would be rude to refuse."

Lysander giggled happily. "I'll make sure it's on the list of options. Oh, Edlyn! Question for you...would Adnan be available for dinner while Nathaniel is visiting? He's bringing his live-in lover so I thought it could be those two, me, Baldwin, and then you and Adnan at dinner."

Edlyn frowned and leaned forward in her seat. "What are you planning, Sandy?"

"Well, I think it would be nice to have one of the Al-May'eem dining with us because of their importance within the kingdom."

"Right, of course...what are you really planning, Sandy?"

Lysander grinned cheekily at his sister. "If Adnan's there then hopefully Mumsy will find an excuse not to come, I'd prefer not to have her there but I can't not invite her. Of course I could snap my fingers and have Sir Michael drag her off somewhere for the duration of the visit but I think he'd enjoy that a little too much."

Edlyn grinned back at him. "Like you said, it would be nice to have one of the Al-May'eem dining with us because of their importance within the kingdom. I also get a chance to show off my lover, since I'm guessing Topan will always 'happen' to be around even during dinner."

Marimaia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Marimaia » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:55 pm

King Thomas II International Airport, Margravia City
Kingdom of Marimaia
2nd December 2017

Serving as the principal airport for the capital of the Kingdom of Marimaia, King Thomas II International Airport was yet another entry in the ever-growing list of 'things named after Marimaian kings'. Officially opened in the summer of 2014, 'KT2A' was built over twenty two square kilometres and featured an 'oasis' theme; many of the airport buildings featured a a water motif, with wave-styled roofs and desert plants growing in recycled water. The passenger terminal, Terminal 1, possessed five concourses with a total of forty passenger gates as well as a wide variety of restaurants, retail outlets, and a ten screen cinema. Terminal 1 also featured opulent First Class and Business Class lounges for the airport's wealthier clientele, allowing them to relax in luxury without being bothered by the majority of KT2A's visitors. Of course Terminal 1 was only one of several major buildings and facilities at the airport, with KT2A also possessing Terminal 2 (general aviation), Terminal 3 (cargo), and the Royal Terminal which exclusively served the House of Margrave and their guests, as well as an expansive aircraft maintenance centre. KT2A acted as a glistening modern gateway to the Kingdom of Marimaia, a testament to the House of Margrave's continuing development of their vanity project of a capital city.

On this particular Saturday morning, Concourse D had just received an arriving Royal Marimaian flight from the British colonial holdings in southern Africa. Due to a degree of self-entitlement which had wormed its way throughout Marimaian society courtesy of their royal family as well as the nation's oil and gas wealth, many Marimaian citizens were somewhat reluctant to take on what they regarded as 'menial work' and the kingdom therefore played host to a substantial number of non-national workers. Drawn primarily from Africa and Asia, these non-national workers fell into one of two categories. The first category was that of 'guest worker', focused primarily in low or semi-skilled agricultural, industrial, and retail sectors. These guest workers were signed to temporary contracts, receiving permission to reside and work within Marimaia until a a new influx of workers was readily available to switch. The second category was that of 'migrant worker', with a more general distribution throughout the Marimaian economy. Migrant workers were signed to permanent contracts, potentially residing and working within the kingdom indefinitely depending on their job performance. Both categories of non-national worker were recruited from their nations of origin by a network of Marimaian employment agencies, all of which had to obtain specific recruitment licenses in order to operate; due to the importance of non-national labour to the kingdom, the House of Margrave had no intention of allowing unlicensed organisations to undermine the recruitment process. This meant that Marimaian recruitment agencies had to make their license details available for inspection, and no contract for a non-national worker would be honoured unless the relevant agency provided proof of their license. The recruitment agencies therefore monitored their own license durations on a regular basis as a fully licensed agency could potentially earn a substantial profit; as the middlemen, an agency received payment from both Marimaian clients seeking workers and foreign clients seeking employment as the agencies handled all the necessary legal paperwork to allow a non-national worker to reside and work within the kingdom. The agencies never lacked for potential foreign clients due to the many advantages of working in Marimaia compared to working in their home nation. Aside from higher wages which would allow a worker to send money back home to help support their family, Marimaian labour laws were actually rather protective of the kingdom's non-national workforce. For example, it was illegal for employers to confiscate workers' passports, pay salaries late, refuse to provide copies of contracts, or to force workers to do jobs that were not in their contract; there were also legal requirements for paid leave and a compensation period for job-related injuries.

Of course, one particular Marimaian employer was viewed as the one that every non-national worker wanted to join. The Royal Household had understandably strict guidelines regarding potential non-national employees, only offering permanent contracts which included non-disclosure agreements and the like, but the rewards more than made up for that. Non-nationals working for the Royal Household received the best salaries of any foreign worker in the kingdom, along with accommodation on palace grounds which outshone virtually any residence they could hope to purchase in their home nation; free meals, the latest smartphones, and other perks were also features of royal employment. If a non-national worker was able to make a good enough impression then it was not unheard of for the Royal Household to recruit other members of that worker's family; the most obvious example of this was Topan, as King Lysander's companion had seen his parents, sister, and two cousins brought over to Marimaia and employed in some capacity at Lysar Palace. The Royal Household also provided birthday bonuses and generous vacation time, both of which increased the longer that a worker had been employed. As a result of these rewards and the fact that palace positions did not become vacant all that often, the recruitment agency fortunate enough to be tasked with filling a palace job often charged considerably more to anyone who wanted the position. Such had been the case for Curtis Moyo. The thirty year old had been working various menial jobs in the Cape Town area when his cousin convinced him to try signing up with a Marimaian agency, and Curtis was lucky enough to do so just as that same agency had been tasked with finding a new groundskeeper/labourer to join the army of staff who worked to maintain the grounds of Lysar Palace; after paying roughly the equivalent of an entire year's income to the agency, the relevant paperwork had been filed, Curtis had passed the agency's interview process and he had now arrived in the Kingdom of Marimaia. In an attempt to make a good first impression Curtis wore a white shirt with navy blue tie and a pair of black trousers, accessorised with a pair of functional black shoes. As he waited for his luggage to make its appearance on the conveyor carousel at the baggage claim area, Curtis checked his watch and began gently humming to himself, eventually reaching out to collect both of his four-wheel suitcases; after a cursory check that the cases were still locked, Curtis maneuvered his black rucksack into a more comfortable position and began making his way through the various security checks.

Once he had passed through airport security and immigration, Curtis followed the electronic signage to the main body of Concourse D and was somewhat surprised to see an immaculately uniformed individual with short styled auburn hair casually walking along the width of the concourse, brandishing a sign with his name on it. Curtis wheeled his luggage over and introduced himself.

"Hi there, I'm Curtis Moyo."

"Passport please."

Curtis produced his passport for the individual to inspect, an action which was concluded with particular efficiency; evidently he had done this before. The individual introduced himself as he returned the passport. "I'm Robert, one of the drivers for the Royal Household. They don't really like having rental cars on the estate so all new employees get picked up at the airport, call it one of the perks of the job. This way."

The pair engaged in small talk as they proceeded out of the terminal and headed a few feet along the sidewalk outside the main entrance, at which point Robert produced an electronic key fob and activated it, unlocking the black Renault Talisman sedan which they had just reached. He then turned to Curtis with a smirk.

"Don't get the wrong idea, this is one of the work cars."

"So is it true that King Lysander has a golden sports car?"

Robert grinned. "The Aventador? Yeah, it's true. Sometimes you'll hear it roaring around the grounds when he's in the mood for a spin."

Curtis chuckled. "Man's got good taste."

After an uneventful journey across Margravia City which saw Robert occasionally providing facts about various buildings as they drove past them, the outer walls of the Lysar Palace complex came into view, gleaming white with terracotta coloured decorations. Curtis let out a low whistle as the Renault pulled up to a set of impressively ornate white and terracotta main gates, pausing as a smartly uniformed armed guard stepped out of the guard post which was built into the complex's outer wall. Robert immediately wound down his window and offered his identification, which the guard took his time in checking before gesturing towards Curtis.

"Newbie?"

Robert nodded. "Starts tomorrow."

The guard returned Robert's identification and gestured to his colleague, who activated the gate mechanism from his position inside the guard post. "Have a good day."

"You too." Robert turned to Curtis as the Renault proceeded onto the grounds of Lysar Palace. "Those guys are part of the Margravian Royal Guard, King Lysander's personal army. They're okay for the most part, sometimes you'll find one who enjoys his authority a little too much but they don't last long here at the palace. Think the last one like that got transferred to the nuclear power plant in Yanbu."

Curtis raised his eyebrows in surprise. "He went from guarding the palace to guarding a power plant? Damn, that's one hell of a demotion."

"Eh, the Royal Guard are supposed to defend all strategic facilities and resources so it's not an unusual posting. Having said that, I know which one I'd rather be guarding."

The Renault continued along the road until it reached a roundabout, at which point it took the third right and proceeded further along before finally pulling into the entranceway to a large cream and grey building with long extended sections. The pair exited the vehicle and Robert gestured to the building.

"This is the servants quarters, you get your own room, free wi-fi, meals are provided."

Curtis nodded appreciatively as he collected his luggage. "Nice." He paused and pointed at an impressive cream and blue building about 750ft away to the southwest, across a landscaped road island. "What's that one?"

"That? That's the Queen Mother's residence." Robert then pointed at the two white and terracotta coloured buildings to the west and south of the servants quarters, each possessing their own well-tended grounds. "To the west you've got Princess Edlyn's residence, and the south one is Prince Baldwin's. East of here, you can't see them from here admittedly, you've got the guest house and then King Lysander's palace. In all honesty though, I've been here since His Majesty moved in and I still don't know what all of the buildings are for."

After shaking hands with Robert and thanking him for the journey, Curtis began to approach the main entrance of the servants quarters and found himself quickly intercepted by a middle-aged South Asian man dressed in a khaki work uniform.

"Curtis Moyo? My name's Chairul, I'm the head groundskeeper here at Lysar Palace. How was the trip?"

"Pretty good, thanks. I gotta say, this place blows my mind."

Chairul laughed heartily. "You're not the first to have that reaction. I moved from Sumatra, used to work at Tomasine Palace for His Majesty's father. When Lysar Palace became the primary residence I got promoted to head groundskeeper. My wife works in the kitchens here at the servants quarters, my daughter is one of Princess Edlyn's cleaners, my two sons are also in groundskeeping, and my sister is head of the kitchen at the Queen Mother's residence. Anyway, you don't start working until tomorrow so I'll show you your room. Take an hour or so to unwind, then I'll give you a tour of the grounds and introduce you to the rest of the groundskeeping team. You ever driven a golf buggy?"

Curtis nodded. "Yeah, I did groundskeeping at a golf course just outside Cape Town for a while."

"That's good to know, because there's no way in hell you're going to manage if you try walking everywhere."

Chrinthanium
Post Marshal

Democratic Socialists

Postby Chrinthanium » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:07 pm

Sydney, Chrinthania
10 December 2017

As the normal Christmas season activities busied the hurried masses through the city, Nathaniel busied himself preparing for his first official trip to Marimaia to meet King Lysander. As before when he went to a more private trip to North America, Shane would be accompanying him. While the North American nations never even batted an eyelash, it seemed even more normal for Nathaniel to bring his unmarried partner to Marimaia considering the rumored love affair between a certain erstwhile Chrinthani valet named Topan and the King of Marimaia himself. Even though this didn't seem to present any problems for the Marimaians, there were some murmurs back home about Shane coming along for such an affair. It was not normal protocol to bring a boyfriend to an official visit--at least by the Chrinthani. Some of the more conservative voices in Parliament had their say in the Great Chamber, but most felt that Shane's presence was yet another example of how Nathaniel was redefining the monarchy in the 21st century. It was never said Nathaniel followed a traditional path. And in this particular trip, he was meeting another royal who, like Nathaniel, didn't seem to follow traditional paths.

Shane, for his part, had never been a world traveler. It wasn't something he'd ever imagined he'd be doing. Now, in the span of a month, he'd logged more miles traveling with Nathaniel than he'd ever logged traveling with his father building hotels. He'd seen the rich lifestyles the Americans and the Californians lived and noticed the Chrinthani were not far behind their North American counterparts. Of course, he was now heading to a nation which was drowning in oil money and a decadence that even Nathaniel hadn't attained. He wanted nothing more from this trip than to meet King Lysander and see for himself if the internet rumors were true. Did he really have so much money that vanity projects weren't just an occasional happening, but a near everyday occurrence? He wanted to see the gold car, the big shark, and all the wondrous extravagances that had become synonymous with Marimaia. He also wanted to hit Margravia City with Nathaniel and spend like a Marimaian.

"I just hope he doesn't make a fuss," Shane said as he kissed Nathaniel on the cheek.

"I suppose he will," Nathaniel said, "Perhaps not like he would had we been going on a State visit, but I assure you there will be the typical respect paid to visiting royalty. Not to mention the opulence of the palace and the vainglorious objects showcasing his family and its wealth. I would recommend that you act impressed even if you are not. Do not compare our two nations, but revel in the glory of Marimaia and the House of Margrave and you may earn yourself a friend in a very high position in Marimaia. Just do not go overboard. Lysander is nothing if he is not smart. He will pick up on it. Just remember the protocol. Do not eat before he eats, do not speak to him until he speaks to you, you know the drill."

"Yes, Your Imperial Majesty," Shane said with a playful and respectful bow.

Nathaniel chuckled slightly, "Is that what you look like when you bow towards me? I am more used to you bowing away from me."

Shane walked up to Nathaniel and put his hand over Nathaniel's mouth, "Behave, Nate."

"You would not like me if I behaved, Shane," Nathaniel said after removing Shane's hand from his mouth.

Within a few hours, the Emperor's private jet would be heading towards Margravia City and all of the pomp and circumstance that may just be waiting for them when they arrived.
Last edited by Chrinthanium on Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marimaia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Marimaia » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:34 am

Royal Terminal, King Thomas II International Airport
Margravia City, Kingdom of Marimaia
11th December 2017

"Who was the genius who designed these bloody things?"

Topan glanced over and smirked to himself as Lysander began fiddling with his black bow tie again. The Royal Terminal of King Thomas II International Airport was yet another demonstration of the wealth at the fingertips of the House Of Margrave, as it existed purely to serve them and their important guests; as such the interior decor featured the same glorious white and gold colour scheme that ran thoughout much of Lysar Palace, with immense crystal chandeliers hanging from the high ceilings and a variety of expensive artworks from around the world featured on the walls with accompanying plaques which provided each artwork's name, artist, a brief description, and the amount that had been paid for it. Ornate decorative fountains were positioned throughout the terminal's interior while classical music played over the sound system, creating an atmosphere of sophistication and elegance...or what the Margraves viewed as sophistication and elegance, at any rate. The Royal Terminal's exterior was an elaborate structure in a white, blue and gold colour scheme, standing on its own away from the rest of the airport's structures and positioned right on the coast; with the sea behind it and the runway tarmac before it, the Royal Terminal was also flanked by immaculately tended green spaces featuring palm trees and an impressively large fountain. At present the welcoming committee for Emperor Nathaniel were standing inside the air conditioned terminal while the prerequisite red carpet had already been unfurled on the tarmac outside so that Nathaniel's Bombardier aircraft had guidance as to exactly where it should come to rest. The royal motorcade which would ferry the two monarchs and their combined entourage to Lysar Palace was parked up inside the Royal Terminal, made possible by the size of the building and the forethought of the architects; while it was uncertain whether it would actually require Lysander's personal white-and-gold custom armoured limousine and two white Rolls-Royce Phantom limousines, as well as two accompanying white Range Rover SUVs and six Margravian Royal Guard motorcycle outriders to take the relevant individuals from the airport to the royal residence, the motorcade was in place nevertheless. Just to add a tad more to the occasion, the Margravian Royal Guard had two tan coloured Al-Fahd armoured personnel carriers ready to join the motorcade if King Lysander gave the appropriate signal.

In an action which he had performed on countless occasions, Topan deftly stepped to stand before Lysander and softly batted his fumbling fingers away before fixing the monarch's predicament. "There we go, too tight or is that okay?"

"It's better." The pair shared a smile before Topan stepped back into his previous position standing just behind Lysander to his right. As this was only an official visit by Nathaniel rather than a full State visit there was no need for the presence of any government ministers, so the reception committee consisted of King Lysander, Topan, Lieutenant General Sir Michael Margrave and twenty immaculately uniformed members of the Margravian Royal Guard bearing their ceremonial swords; the motorcade's personnel were patiently waiting at their vehicles while a handful of invited media reporters kept a respectful distance, all under the watchful eye of several security agents from the Royal Security Commission as well as the Royal Terminal's usual security detachment from the Margravian Royal Guard. Due to the Kingdom of Marimaia's ever-pervasive security services and the fact that the nation's media was entirely owned by various branches of the extended Margrave family, Marimaian coverage of Nathaniel's visit would be professional and above all, controlled. The focus of the coverage had already been planned out ahead of time as being the fact that the Emperor of Chrinthania was visiting the King of Marimaia, with panel discussions about how the pair represented the promising future of monarchies in the world; Shane would receive no more than a passing mention as Emperor Nathaniel's 'travelling companion' if mentioned at all, and that is where that particular matter would be left. To complete the reception committee, a marching band of the Margravian Royal Guard were also present to play the various anthems required by the occasion.

Lysander smoothed down the front of his tailored black tuxedo and then began fiddling with his gold monogrammed cufflinks, alerting Topan to the fact that the young monarch might be getting a little impatient. He stepped closer to Lysander and leaned forward slightly to address him quietly.

"Won't be much longer now."

Lysander kept the conversation going while continuing to look ahead. "This feels like it's taking forever. I-"

Sir Michael Margrave strode over and loudly cleared his throat. "Your Majesty, they're about ten minutes out. The F/A-18 escorts report that everything went smoothly without incident since meeting the Chrinthani aircraft at the edge of our airspace. Shall we?"

Lysander gave a nod of assent, at which point Sir Michael turned to address the Margravian Royal Guard personnel present. "Alright ladies, we've got an Emperor about to land. We may not be an empire but we're a bloody great kingdom, so get your asses out on the tarmac and make our King proud! Positions!"

As one, the military personnel who were involved in the reception committee saluted and began marching out of the terminal to take their place lined up either side of the red carpet, ten on the right side and ten on the left side. Their black dress uniforms incorporated a white belt, white gloves, a sash displaying the colours of the Marimaian national flag, and a red-and-gold-checkered cotton keffiyeh headdress with an accompanying black headband which bore a golden adornment in the form of the Margrave family crest. They held their ceremonial swords in the 'carry saber' position and stood completely still; flagpoles around the area alternated between displaying the Chrinthani and Marimaian national flags, which fluttered gently in the 15mph breeze. The marching band took up their positions on a specially constructed bandstand a few feet away from the red carpet and stood prepared to begin playing at the appropriate moment. As Lysander took up his own position just outside the terminal entrance, Sir Michael stood stoically at his left side, his medals and awards glistening in the sunshine. As Topan went to take up his own position slightly behind Lysander's right side, he paused so that he could re-tie the King's ponytail which had become slightly loose and then stepped into place, his own tailored black suit displaying not a single crease in the wrong place.

Mere minutes later, the three of them stopped chatting and a slight grin began to form on Lysander's face as Nathaniel's aircraft came into land; the four F/A-18s which had escorted the Bombardier aircraft through Marimaian airspace roared over the airport and performed an aileron roll as they overflew their monarch.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates