NATION

PASSWORD

35th World Hit Festival | Draft Thread | CLOSED

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

35th World Hit Festival | Draft Thread | CLOSED

Postby Britonisea » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:52 am

OFFICIAL DRAFT THREAD OF THE 35TH WORLD HIT FESTIVAL
Open until October 8th 2017

OOC THREAD - IC THREAD

Introduction

Welcome to the 35th World Hit Festival's draft thread. After waiting a bit longer for the thread to arrive, it is finally up, and you have two weeks to get your entries up. As you can see below, the deadline for entries is the 8th October 2017, but for 24 hours afterwards, those that have already posted an entry on the thread, will be able to edit their entries until the Voting Lines Open on the 9th October 2017. On the 8th October, IC Draws will be done (and running order will be announced), so that on the 9th October, everything can be transferred to the IC Thread in one go, without the need to go back and edit things. Moreover, that 24 hour period will give me, the host, time to prepare the final postcards, construct a playlist and other additions to make the contest high in quality.

Schedule

Here is an in-depth version of the schedule. There might be slight changes between the schedule that is on the OOC Thread and here, so please read it carefully. The schedule is both IC and OOC.

The Official Draft Thread Opens - 24th September 2017
Draft Thread Closes, 24 hours to make last changes - 8th October 2017, 21:00 BST
Draws and Running Order - 8th October 2017, 21:15 BST
Voting lines Opens, the IC Thread is Available - 9th October 2017, 21:00 BST
Voting lines Closes - 15th October 2017, 21:00 BST
Results Day 1 - 15th October 2017, 21:15 BST
Results Day 2 - 16th October 2017, 21:00 BST
Results Day 3 - 17th October 2017, 21:00 BST
Results Day 4 - 18th October 2017, 21:00 BST
Results Day 5 - 19th October 2017, 21:00 BST
*Results Day 6 - 20th October 2017, 22:00 BST

* Results Day 6 will only be used if there are more than 14 nations participating in the 35th World Hit Festival, or if there is a winners tiebreak. If there is both more than 14 nations participating and a winners tiebreak, there will only be six days, and the winners tiebreak will come one hour after the last 5-point reveal.

Entries

Important Information: As written by Kalosia for WHF26: The host (Britonisea) reserves the right to make alterations to your RP when copying it over to the IC thread. However, these alterations will be limited to cleaning up the formatting as well as adding (not deleting) RP regarding the situation in the arena (i.e. how the audience reacted). Substantial/major alterations will not be made without written permission, and any further changes to an entry within the IC thread will only be done upon written request by the user behind it, and with host discretion. This also includes audience reactions at the end of the entry...

Helping Your Host: I am most probably going to use my own formatting for everybody's entry, to make it look uniform, which has been done in other editions, my previous edition of hosting included. I would appreciate if you could keep your formatting of your entry very simple (just text and the 'BOX' tag would be fantastic, no need for colours, bold, italics and underlining - unless they are keys or backing singers etc). You can align everything to the centre if you want to keep in neat, but it would help me very much to keep it quite minimalist. If you don't though, it doesn't matter.

WIP Entries: It would also help a lot if you put a "WIP" or Work In Progress sign somewhere obvious, preferably in the subject or at the top of your post if you don't want me to notice that as finished (but this will not come in to play by 9th October 2017)...

What is a Complete Entry?: A complete entry, by technical definition, is an entry on the draft thread with a usable tune and a complete set of lyrics (all stanzas, verses, and etc. covered). Which means, I can transfer a post with just pure lyrics onto the IC thread and mark it as a complete entry. However, I encourage all nations to put in RP to your entries. It makes the entry look far more complete than just lyrics on the page, and while it won't guarantee higher points, it will signal to the WHF community that you are putting in effort than just beyond lyrics. However, I understand that time is a crunch (I once was in that same position myself). What will not be transferred is an entry with incomplete lyrics or just a header.

Headers: Well, below you will be able to find a format of a very, very simple header that will help me in the long run.

Code: Select all
[align=center][size=200]COUNTRY NAME HERE[/size]
[size=150]"SONG NAME"[/size] - [size=150]ARTIST(S)[/size][/align]

[b]Translation of Title:[/b] TRANSLATE IN ENGLISH, IF NOT ALREADY IN ENGLISH.
[b]Language:[/b] LANGUAGE NAME
[b]Music:[/b] NAME OF IC MUSIC COMPOSERS
[b]Lyrics:[/b] NAME OF IC LYRICISTS
[b]Tune:[/b] LINK HERE (ALTERNATIVE LINK HERE, IF THERE IS ONE)
[hr][/hr]

In order of post;
  1. Darkmania
  2. Hiklarmangia
  3. Britonisea
  4. Estogium
  5. Anollasia
  6. Komarø-Thomiya
  7. Cosneolta
  8. Norjihan
  9. Mercedini
  10. Bojikstan
  11. Izmedu

Reminding You and Miscellany

Nations who have expressed interest to participate will receive a telegram 24-48 hours before the Draft Thread closes. Also, nations that are yet to vote will receive a telegram 24-48 hours before the Voting Lines close. Eventhough there is a voting deadline, we will accept late votes until the time of your nation giving out their 4-1 points in Phase One. (If you are on Results Day 2, at 21:30, we may accept your votes if you were over the deadline) However, those who fail to vote are most likely going to be given early slots to avoid coercion of their votes. Britonisea's and Estogium's votes will be sent to the World Hit Overseer, Izmedu 24 hours or so after the lines for votes open to ensure impartiality of the host - it's up to Izmedu whether he chooses to read the telegram or not.

Below you will be able to find all of the IC Information about the competition!
Last edited by Britonisea on Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:23 am, edited 5 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

About the contest...

Postby Britonisea » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:53 am

If you would like the full article this is taken from, please look here!

29,000 CAPACITY - ARENA BY THE BEACH

Compared to last edition's stage, this stage is circular! The stage may look quite nice and simplistic, but there has been a lot of planning behind the stage and the capabilities of the stage. Let's just speak through each part of the stage to get you acquainted with this marvellous design.

Main Stage (Mainland) - This is the biggest part of the whole stage and will be where the interval and opening act, most of the performances and the voting stage will happen. The stage, as you can see, is equipped with a large screen, . The stage has a 71,000,002 resolution to ensure a clear picture when on the television screens around the world. The stage will be 12 metres long, and 11 metres high, but the stage will be equipped with smaller LED screens (which are around four metres by four metres) which will be hung to the left and right of the stage, near the audiences, to make the LED stage look wider than it already is, but can also be used for effects. Between the screens, there will be a large array of lighting (1,900 in total), which can be used to make the stage look deeper than it is. The floor is LED too, but this is limited to the Main Stage (not the walkway, nor Island One). Flame shooters, fog machines (from the top, sides and the bottom) are available too and so is holographic effects too. The stage's ceiling is equip with a large chandelier-type thing which is circular and features screens going all around it. These can be used in performances, and will be able to be pulled up or down (with the picture showing it being pulled all the way down). A large source of the lighting will come from this chandelier alone, and it will make sure that there is enhanced lighting in the audience and those on stage. the centre of the chandelier is hollow, and a camera can go down it.

Island One (Main Island) - This is the largest of the two islands, and this island is seen in the picture above, and is connected to the rest of the stage. As you can see on the image, the walkway between the stage and the island is quite large in width, so we are capable of having many different props along the walkway, and in to the audience in the arena.

Island Two (Lost Island) - This is the smallest of the two islands, but it cannot be seen in the picture above. Island Two, or the Lost Island, is floating in the middle of the arena, in amongst the sea of the audience. The second island is around 3/4 down the arena, nearer to those who chose the seats furthest away from the stage. The Island Two does not have a large area, but is capable of carrying around ten people. This stage will be used regularly during host interventions. The second island is only a couple of metres from the Greenroom, which is located at the back of the floor of the arena. Small pathways can be created to transport those who are being interviewed, or even those who are travelling from the stage back to the Greenroom. Similar to the main stage, though, the floor is LED and is fully operational with effects, not available on Island One, which includes falling water from the ceiling of the arena, and a "golden waterfall."

Extra brownies for those who use one or more of the three terms above in their RP!

Oh, and the full and final graphics will be available to you for the 9th October!

WORLD, WE ARE READY FOR YOUR ENTRIES!
WINNER OF THE 112ND WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST
LISTEN NOW: KIANA KNIGHT - SAYONARA

Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Darkmania
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2015

Postby Darkmania » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:00 am

Darkmania
" Og Vi Vandrer I Skyggens Mørke " - Ëmma Rärdesrmo

Translation of Title: And we wanders in the darkness of the shadows
Language: Norwegian Bokmål
Music and Lyrics: Ëmma Rärdesrmo, Jäckup Rëspet, Änder Ternöv
Tune: Céline Dion - My Heart Will Go On

We begin this entry with a guy blowing a flute, as the camera slowly moves to Ëmma, standing on a platform, while the stage is covered in smoke. Her platform is not affected by the smoke. Her mic rests on a microphone stand. Ëmma is wearing this, except her dress is blue. The audience lights up like this. Ëmma uses "The darkmanian way to start an entry", which means that the background is turned off and only the spotlights lighting up her.

Hver dag som forsvinner (Every day thats dicapear)
Så blør jeg. (so I blead)
Jeg har fått meg uheleig skars (I have gotten unhealable scars)
Langt vekk fra misbruk (Far way from abuse)
Og vekk ifra deg (and away from you)
Jeg vil ikke se deg igjen (I don't want to see you again)

The background slowly begins to light up,
Meg. Deg. Vår kjemi er dårlig (Me. You. Out chemistry is bad)
Jeg vil vekk fra deg. (I will (run) away from you)
Når jeg går, så forlater jeg deg. (When i go, i`ll leave you)
Jeg føler meg som svak med deg (I feel weak with you)
Og vi vandrer i skyggens mørke (And we wanders in the darkness of the shadows)

The same guy with the flute blows his flute, the spotlight begins to lighten up a guy who is on drums, also on a platform. At the same time, a guy on bass guitar is also lit, also standing on a platform not covered in smoke. The last two who is lit is the two back up singer, her boyfriend, and longtime veteran and 3-time contestants on WHF, Clare Isis Lonfem.
Hver dag som forsvinner (Every day thats dicapear)
Så blør jeg. (so I blead)
Jeg har fått meg uhelbard skars (I have gotten unhealable scars)
Langt vekk fra misbruk (Far way from abuse)
Og vekk ifra deg (and away from you)
Jeg vil ikke se deg igjen (I dont want to see you again)

Når jeg går, så forlater jeg deg. (When i go, i`ll leave you)

She takess her microphone of the microphonestand and jumps dowfn her platform. She slowly goes to the smaller island, as the flute guy fills in with their tunes.

With the last camera shot flies away from Ëmma, the entry is finished. A sizeable applause and cheering fills the venue, as they consider Ëmma`s song a powerfull. With "The Darkmanian Domunations Period" contunie with here? Only later in the show will tell...

While the postcard of the next country is playing, the audience calms down.
Last edited by Darkmania on Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

DATV NEWS - [NEWS] • [SPORT]

Hiklarmangia
Secretary

Founded: Mar 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

YOU MUST INCLUDE THE TEXTWALL!

Postby Hiklarmangia » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:01 am

THE INDEPENDENT DARKMANIAN STATE OF HIKLARMANGIA /TIDS HIKLARMANGIA
"Send Nudes (The ultimate song that is so good, we are already the winner of this contest has began, so you don’t need to waste money for a World Hit Festival that next year goes to a poor country that uses effort for their song and is more serious than our little song that has a title that is long as f*ck because we are more special than the rest, because it's motherfucking Slavie who is here bragging about him being freaking sexy . We f*cking won this sh*t!)" - Slavie

Language: English, i guess?
Music and Lyrics: Slavie und friends.
Tune:Ivi Adamou - La La Love

Who needs a bio when you can combine an anime with weed?

Ok. Here is a short one. `Cause I`aint need effort for a facking bio.

Slavie (Real name Sëan "Slavie" Skölder) is the darkmanian discount Rick Leg. His sole purpose is to shit-sing. And win. Illegally.

Given his last "song" didn't get him all the points, he decided that the only way to win was to kidnap all of the contestants and dump them into a river. So he did. But he but ran away as the britonish police discovered the scandal and freed all. No death or serious wounds were maded duing that little insicent

He still dont knows how to fashoin and this time, his handsfree mic is a just placed not where it is supposed to be and his backup dancers are so badly dressed, it cannot be any worse. But its gets worse.

*Screaming in Conusion*
*A long series of screaming by screaming the first letter of the alphabet (A)*

Slavie begins to sings, but he cannot sing and all of his performance is out of tune.

Slavie is here once again to win
The rest is here just to waste your time
I came here, to save your arse
Dafuq am i here?

Slavie`s short booty shaking™.

My hit has deep meaning. It has fe-eeeel
I`m so motherfucking sexy, i got electioral eeels
Let do some mooves, to get some points
Cannot say the word [*audio-glitch*]

He dabs. Again.

Oh my God! Can all send me a fiver?
Y`all cant handle my swag
I`ve won. I am of the best.
Bow down for me bitches!

The dancers begins to dance. However, as they are talentless, they mostly fall over.

Come on and send nudes!
*Screaming*
This song is so fucking awsome.
*Screaming*

Y`all fuckers gonna succ me
Haters gonna hate, and all is just gealous
Send nudes! Or y`all dead.
We are Brit`s waifu!

So send me nudes. Your dankest nudes. I dont give a fuck.
There`s furries everywhere!

He accidentally knocks out the steadycam operator. Again.
Bow down for me bitches!

Come on and send nudes!
*Screaming*
This song is so fucking awsome.
*Screaming*

He sang so bad, the light just turned off because of cringeness.
I came here, to save your arse

Lights on again. Somehow...
Bow down for me bitches!

He makes one of the worst dances you can think of.
Come on and send nudes!
*Screaming*

*Screaming*
Please vote for us, the winners!
*Screaming*

As he bows down, something interesting happens.
The britonish police have entered the stage. "Slavie, you are under arrest for attempted mass-murder"
"You will never get me, fuckface", Slavie screams as he runs away from the police. The police force chases him, while Slavie needs to get the fuck out of Britonisea.
He is never seen again for the rest of the contest...
Last edited by Hiklarmangia on Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This is a puppet for Darkmania.

This is mostly only used for joke RP with"of the best English that is of perfect". If I accidentally use this instead of my main, then blame Canada.

In-Character, Forum-Only Name is TIDS Hiklarmangia. (The Indipendenent Darkmanian State)

Britonisea
Powerbroker

XX | Britonisea | Adonis Amédée and Rigas Jengiz - "En Braz"

Postby Britonisea » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:33 am

Britonisea
"En Braz" - Adonis Amédée and Rigas Jengiz

Translation of Title: Faster
Language: Britonish, English
Music: Adonis Amédée, Lanya Long, Quebec Nice
Lyrics: Adonis Amédée, John Silva, Xavier Christian
Tune: Robin - Hula Hula ft Nelli Nelli Matula

Representing Britonisea: Adonis and Rigas will be representing the home nation...

BVC (Brityunik Vefecosoin Cairkovoin) had two jobs to do; they had to prepare the next Britonish act, as well as prepare to host the next competition, after the chance was handed down to them. Luckily for BVC, they had already sorted out who they wanted for the next World Hit Festival, and that person had agreed to participate in the contest, regardless of where the contest was going to be held. The song, as well, was picked much before Adonis appeared as the World Hit Festival spokesperson for Britonisea. That meant that the broadcaster could drift their minds elsewhere, trying to host the 35th edition of the WorldVision Song Contest, so soon after hosting the 57th WorldVision Song Contest in Machievelihe, and other contests. BVC tries to better themselves each edition, and after confirming that the contest in Machievelihe had no hiccups, and was 100% BVC at it's best, it will be significantly hard for the Britonish broadcaster to keep it up. However, the BVC has received the funding needed to host from the government, through agencies willing to help spare the broadcaster a few extra cash. The contest, for BVC, is expected to cost only a fraction of the price spent for the 27th World Hit Festival in Kyvivre.

Of course, as you know, Adonis was given that role to be the next representative of Britonisea at the World Hit Festival, which has been dominating televisions in Britonisea, since the 26th World Hit Festival, and is a very hotly contested trophy. Adonis, whilst happy that Britonisea were the eventual hosts, said that he wished that he did travel abroad, for example to Mercedini, to represent his country, but he said that receiving the Britonish support en masse, in a larger amount than what you might get in another country, might help him through the performance, as this is the first performance he's done of this kind. He also enlisted the help of Rigas Jengiz, one of the biggest World Hit/ WorldVision stars to come from Britonisea, and she gladly accepted the invitation to represent Britonisea alongside Adonis.

Who is Adonis Amédée? Adonis Amédée is a singer and actor from Britonisea, coming from a family that is already in the public eye. His brothers play international football, and those from Bojikstan and Mercedini should be very acquainted with the surname Amédée. Also, his parents are figures too, which only helped him to come out to the big stage to perform in public. Adonis is one of the youngest ever performers that Britonisea has sent, still in his teenage. Adonis had to decide who he wanted to sing his song with, because he thought that the bridge section should be sung by a woman, but he wasn't sure who he wanted. He was pointed towards Rigas, and he was happy to bring her on board. Adonis says that he is enjoying Junterapten very much, compared to where he is from in Britonisea, and intends to come back to the city as soon as possible.

Who is Rigas Jengiz? Well, Rigas Jengiz is probably one of the most experienced singers in the game. After this performance, she would have represented the nation for the fourth time in any international song competition, and she shows no signs of stopping. Coming from Vha Mehlodhivestoile I, where her song "Queen" was the favourite amongst the international vote, Rigas had made it her duty to get herself on the stage and write over the 9th place she received in the 24th World Hit Festival, but at this time, Rigas was relatively unknown to the international community. Her appearance in the 26th World Hit Festival sealed the deal, and for the first time, she bought the contest to Britonisea. Hosting the next contest, she knows the everything she needs to know to make a perfect World Hit performance.

The two are ready to perform in the contest, in their home nation.

READING PHONETICALLY
Aaaaaa, un brazz, un brazz
Aaaaaa, un brazz, un brazz

Cow die-kes, fetsch-eh-te ma osh-ee va cowse (oh-oh-oh-ah-oh)
Tah-goo oo-ten serse-jowst,
Na-cy el-pay-o kess fee-oh

Ee-yeh no-leh-gret sin pen-soe lee-oh tay-is?
Fahk-teh fyo-la-ty ar-gis lee-ate et free-sen
Oh ulalala! Tee-yis-ton val-ee-yer vhe fyo-latt-eh?

Vess-oo-ess my gedd-oo sin ben-ons ee-come-lah
Oo-ten lee-ah two-aye merr-ee-yen-doo
Oh, ulalala! Tam red-ow par tay-is?

Walt-sy ah tay-is, un brazz, un brazz
(en brazz, en brazz)
Oh hoy-yay tay-gis, en sold, en sold
(en sold, en sold)
Vher tess sool ok-toh - in-ye ok-toh, in-ye ok-to
Vass es-twoi-les ton ah-ling-mee
Jell-od ny un brazz, brazz

I’m pleading,
I’ve opened my heart to you. (oh-oh-oh-ah-oh)
I know I am not the best of offers,
But I know I can make you happy.

Na-cy pwo dan-sah lire khe pen-soh
Hakt i-yis du-jun in oo-ten knez burr-roo
Oh, ulalala! Pro-goh men-oh ev-roo lire spik-eh-ru

Vher os-un chanse sin ben-ons ee-com-lah
Pie con-or-ny un beau-ksie, cy fee-oo va-trak-shyon
Perr ulalala, Tam red-ow par tay-is?

(en brazz, en brazz)
(en sold, en sold)
Jell-od ny un brazz, brazz

My eyes locked onto yours,
Come to the dark side.
Walk our way - beware you will never escape.
You offer the world, I see it in your eyes.
Ooh- oh Ooh-ooh, prepare for the ride.

(en brazz, en brazz)
(en sold, en sold)
Come and Clutch Me!

You’ll make my heart beat faster, faster
Faster for you.
And I’ll run to you, quicker, quicker.
Quicker to you
You’re all I live for;
This is something, I can’t deny.
Vass ess-twoi-less ton a-ling-mee
Let’s dance the night away

The stage of the World Hit Festival was theirs for the taking, and as they were called out and their postcard shown, the two got ready, with Adonis taking centre stage and Rigas Jengiz going to the back of the stage, away from the eye of any cameras.

Adonis smiled as the postcard finished as the shot was of what he was doing in Junterapten, during the carnival, remembering his time with Rigas. The smile that beamed from his face was the smile he used when the song started. Although he had been singing the song throughout the whole season, he did fear messing it up on the day - but deep down, he knew that he was ready for this moment, ready to dazzle on that stage. The crowd cheered loudly for their home artist, as the stage turned dark, like it did in every performance. Suddenly, a burst of purple and orange was painted on the back LED walls, and the chandelier on the top of the stage, which was slightly lowered. The camera, a steadicam, was the first camera to be used during the performance, and this was placed right in front of Adonis.

The song started, and he started singing his ahh’s, slightly tilting his head at the cameras, enticing those at home, those who are sure to enjoy his World Hit Festival song; a song genre Britonisea has not much explored in the past.

Ahhhh, En braz, En braz
Ahhh, En braz, En braz

Kao diaques, fetsheté ma oshi va kauas (oh-oh-oh-ah-oh)
Tægeux euten sercejouste,
Nacy helpeo qeç fio

When singing “qeç fio,” he slightly twisted his body away from the steadicam, which started to circle around the young man. He then slightly chortled under his breath as the steadicam, and the man holding it, quickly zoomed off the stage via the back exit, only for Adonis to be joined by another camera coming down from the top of the stage. He quickly stage jolted his body forwards, looking at it as it flies down towards him, rocking his body to the strong beat of the song. Occasionally now, the camera shot quickly shot to someone on the stage’s island who was dancing in an experimentative way, before quickly capturing Adonis.

As a loud clap sound was heard during the prior verse, bright white lights shone throughout the arena, and on the stage, with the purple and the orange still being visible despite the contrasting light. However, another one of these claps were heard before the next (and now current) verse. At this clap, things turned a bit different. He started walking towards the audience’s left of the stage, following yet another steadicam which was moving backwards towards the audience on Adonis’ right. The camera was quite low on the ground, compared to last time, and this caused Adonis to slowly crouch as he paced forwards towards the edge of the stage. With every four beats, girls (from a wide range of races) came rocking up on to the stage wearing a wide range of current clothing like crop tops, jean shirts, skirts and ripped jeans. As each girl came on the stage, and came in to shot, he would give them a slight nod, as the camera slowly gained ground between him and the group.

Ié knowledgrete sin penso lio teis?
Fakté fjolatei ægis liate et freisen
Oe, ulalala ! Teiston valieur vhe fjolater.

When singing “Oe ulalala!” he took a step back and from the slight crouching position that he was in, he tilted his body backwards with the girls who surrounded him catching him before he falls and pushing him back towards the stage, of which he got down on. The colours on the stage’s LED floor did not really change, but instead of plain colours, patterns started to form on the stage, with water effect on them.

In the next verse, singing “ecomhla” he pointed at the girls around him and made an awkward face at the camera, which was stationary in front of him. By the time he sang “Oe ulalala” for the second time he had gotten up from the stage floor and proceeded to walk back towards the centre of the stage.

Vesuies may ghedeux sin benons ecomhla?
Euten lia tuei a merriendeux
Oe, ulalala! Tam readu par teis?

As he asked the question to the audience, the audience cheered loudly, which could be heard over the sound systems which were put in place to block out the sound of the audience, proving how loud the audience were to that question. Also as he asked the question, all of the lights on the stage quickly turned off, apart from one spotlight on Adonis, who was standing to the side, away from the audience in the standing section. He then put his hand out before turning his face, smiling, as large as life.

Really, what was going on behind him was all the dancers coming up behind him, this time including male dancers, who wore summer tops, undone, with a girl by each one of their sides. As the drums kicked in, we were taken to the stage’s island, where we saw a man banging some drums he had placed between his legs, with power and might, and the stage behind him exploding in to green, red and yellow and the camera only zoomed over the shoulder of the man who was playing the drums, fastly approaching the group of people on the stage. As the chorus began to kick off, the nine that were on the stage started dancing in unison, with Adonis not following the rest of them exactly, and rather doing his own thing in front of them. The other eight, who were in partners, all danced with each other, sometimes dancing towards the audience before dancing with their partners.

Waltzei a teis en braz, en braz
(En braz, en braz)
Oe hoyei tegis en sold, en sold
(Embrashuei sold)
Vher tes seul oktho - iñe oktho, iñe oktho
Vhas estoilés ton aligmí
Jelod gnie en braz, braz.

The stage at the end of the chorus changed from the red, green and yellow back to purple and orange, with patterns resembling water over them, similar to how it was before but a bit more enhanced than before. There was a quick glance of Rigas Jengiz, who was feating in the song, who just walked on the stage after the end of the chorus. She looked at the camera with no expression before some of the girl dancers who were previously with Adonis came running towards her, attending to her and greeting her. She smiled brightly when these girls came to her and started to chat. What looked like a hand turned the camera around from Rigas Jengiz as she waved in to the camera.

When turned around, the person in front of the camera was Adonis, slowly waving his hand asking the camera and the audience at home to follow him as he started to sing the second verse. He wouldn’t look at the camera, though, he didn’t even look at the camera. In fact, he had his back to the camera, as he kept on singing, slowly doing some back movements who would win quite comedic, before turning his face, so all you could see is him smiling vivaciously.

I’m pleading,

By the end of him walking around and playing with the camera, he ended up with the boys on the other side, and started to dance along with them. When dancing with them, he copied every move (or they copied every one of his moves), whilst all looking in to the camera. Occasionally, we would hold the microphone strapped to his face, but he made sure that this did not distract his dancing, distract the quality of the song. The boys were in a zig-zag position, and this was shown when the camera came back from the top of the stage.

All of the boys, suddenly, they formed a line whilst the camera was still in the air. Some of the boys, who were at the back of the zig-zag, moved forwards, whilst the ones at the front moved to the front. Adonis had moved to the centre, while the other four males turned to face each other in pairs (there was two on Adonis’ right, and on his left as he was in the middle, as previously mentioned). Looking in to the camera, he began to sing the next part of the song, which was the pre-chorus, which had different lyrics to the first verse - which was a last minute change.

Nacy puo dansa lire que penso
Hacte eis dojune in euten knez bereux
Oe, ulalala! Progo meano everu lire speakereux

Vhere os’un chance sin benons ecomhla
Py conorenie en beauxe, cy fio v’attrakshion
Per ulalala, tam readu par teis?

When singing “benons ecomhla” the boys started to joke around with each, dancing with each other, but never touching each other. When singing the last bit of the pre-chorus, he hit the two nearest guys on his left and right, and like a domino effect, the boys all turned around, solitary in their position, looking up at the camera which was coming down from the audience’s left to the right, where the men were at.

Unlike the first pre-chorus to chorus transition, there was not a pause, and so there was no time to waste. The girls came around the boys who stood there as the colours in the arena turned back in to a rustic red, green and yellow scheme. Adonis’, who was still dancing on his own, moved slowly to the centre of the stage, with the group following him to the centre. During the chorus, everything happened as usual the girls and boys seeming to dance some sort of salsa or tropical latin-inspired dance, with Adonis’ singing to the camera and the audience. Suddenly, the camera started to span out as flame shooters sprung up feet in to the air from the top, bottom and side of the stage. As it spanned out, we were joined by Rigas who was ad-libbing at the end of the chorus.

(En braz, en braz)
(Embrashuei sold)
Vher tes seul oktho - iñe oktho, iñe oktho
Vhas estoilés ton aligmí
Jelod gnie en braz, braz.

Rigas was on the island in the middle of the audience, and sitting down on a long chair, a chair that looked comfortable to lay on at a raised state. With two men fanning her, Rigas had a spotlight on herself as she responded to the camera now focusing on her, blurring out what was happening in the back. Nothing was happening in the back, in fact, the stage remained dark, and seemed to be abandoned after the mass amount of flames which lit up the arena from the front. The audience really started to get going when they noticed that Rigas Jengiz had joined in on the song, and like before, you could hear the audience cheering, ever so loudly and proudly.

Slowly, she started to raise herself up from the seat, and then eventually standing up from the seat. Steam shooters surrounded the back of the island, as the camera started to focus on her red shoes that she was wearing, and slowly made it’s way up her body and the trendy, chic clothes that she was wearing. When the camera got to her face, she gave a wink to the camera. The deeper voice of Adonis appeared again, and so did a figure behind her, who grew in height as they crept closer to Rigas and upon the podium. Of course, it turned out to be Adonis, and a spotlight turned on.

Come to the dark side.

The two went to the end of the island stage, and the lights, changing colours, were trained on them. No one had noticed, well no one who was watching the screens or television, that the team were taking away the chair, and the other dancers were making their way on to the stage, creating a smaller, more party-like area for them all.

En braz, en braz
Eembrashuei sold
Vher tes seul oktho -
Iñe oktho, iñe oktho
Vhas estoilés ton aligmí
Come and clutch me!

This carried on to the repetition of the chorus, which hinted the end of the song nearing closer. The audience could be heard screaming loudly, and despite the efforts of the Britonish, the audience could be heard. The camera zoomed out as the light bands on people flashed the colours of the Britonish flag, creating a beautiful display on twinkling colour lights across the whole arena. Rigas and Adonis went closer together, as the dancers started to disappear round the back, leaving them two on the stage.

Faster for you.
Quicker to you
You’re all I live for;
Vhas estoilés ton aligmí

Ahhhhhh, Ahhhhh
Ahhhhh

After the two finished singing the ending of the song, two flames shot in to the air and Rigas and Adonis embraced each other with glee. They both then turned around to the audience before taking a bow each, "Thank you very much," screamed Rigas in to the microphone, jumping jubilantly in place, while Adonis took a rather humble approach by just saying "Thanks everyone!" before the two hugged once more. The audience waved their Britonish flags proudly before the music for the next nation started and the audience calmed down, ready to scream again for the next nation.

ENGLISH LYRICS
These are the official English lyrics. Themes and Ideas have been kept, but there may be a few grammatical differences to make the song make sense in the English language.

ADONIS:
Ahhhh, Faster Faster
Ahhhh, Faster Faster

Like diamonds,
You caught my eye from afar.
Tugging on my heart strings,
And I can’t help the way I feel.

Did you know that I think I love you?
Indeed, I will wait until you love me too.
And, oh oh oh oh, you are worth the wait.
Was it bad thinking that we will be together?
My love will turn to a craving,
And, oh oh oh oh, I am ready for you.

Faster for you
I will run to you quicker, quicker
Quicker for you
There is one outcome for you and I,
One for Us
The stars are aligned,
Make it go faster, faster.

I’m pleading,

I can’t put into words what I think,
You have me down on my knees pleading.
I promise I mean every word that I am saying.
There is a chance we could be together,
We gel together very well, I can feel the attraction.
And oo-lalalala, but are you ready for me?

Faster for you
Quicker for you
One for Us
The stars are aligned,
Make it go faster, faster

RIGAS:
Come to the dark side.

BOTH:
Faster for you
Quicker for you
One for Us
The stars are aligned,
Come and clutch me!

Faster for you.
Quicker to you
You’re all I live for;
The stars are aligned,
Last edited by Britonisea on Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Estogium
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Estogium » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:58 am

Estogium
"Stay" - Trela Amard

Language: English
Music: Trela Amard, Trianna Gabriel, Dinah Smith
Lyrics: Trela Amard, Jorgen Lorry, James Matthews
Tune: ISA - I Will Wait

You need to ask yourself, who the hell is Trela Amard? Well Trela Amard is not the actual name of the woman who will be representing Estogium at the World Hit Festival in the 35th World Hit Festival. The person who will be representing us is a woman called Tallulah Thomas, but she found out that the phrase 'Drama Alert' backwards sounded like a good name that she could brand herself as. And so, on arrival to Junterapten, that's what she is calling herself.

She was the one who contacted RVC to participate especially as the broadcaster was going to withdraw from the World Hit Festival stating bad results. However, due to Britonisea hosting, the faced increased pressure to not skip the World Hit Festival competition. Estogium wouldn't have to pay a lot of money to travel there either, so RVC accepted Trela Amard's offer to represent the country, stating that it is a gesture rather than an attempt to win.

Estogium may not participate in the next World Hit Festival, but there has been talks of the nation hosting a national final in order to find their next World Hit Festival representative, after very poor results.

Trela Amard walked on to the stage as the audience watched her postcard being played. She was worried that her performance was not going to go well, but regardless, she knew that the crowd will be right behind her - being from the host nation's neighbouring country. As the postcard finished, a huge applause was heard in the arena as the Estogian colours lit up around the First Direct Arena in Junterapten. The song started quite suddenly to the sound of a lone piano playing. Trela Amard was standing in the middle of the stage, with a large white light projecting her image on a large piece of white cloth that was draped from the top of the arena.

You know I will stand by you and be right be side you till death,
Every tick of the clock my love for you, it deepens.
For this to end suddenly it would leave me empty,
And turning your back on us could rip us apart forever.

Trela Amard then got down on the floor, on her knees, before raising her hands up towards the lighting rigs in the arena. A camera from up there came down before swooping to it's left. Trela looked as the camera came closer to her and then moved away from the girl. As the pre-chorus started, the large piece of cloth was dropped on to the stage floor, exposing the LED wall behind it, with sharp white and black patterns behind it.

You'll come running back to me,
Only to be heartbroken...
Why don't you stay?
If you care for me...

As she sang the chorus, a camera from the far end of the arena came quickly in towards the stage, passing Trela over the shoulder before another camera greeted her to her left. She had gotten up by now, and was giving a blank expression towards the camera. The audience cheered as the sharp patterns on the LED screen behind seemed to speed up.

And I know I complain about the smallest of things.
I can't help how I am, this is the one you fell for.

The lights circled around the arena, but this time, lasers were pointed at the camera, which was showing a wide shot of the whole stage. In the middle of those lasers stood Trela Amard.

You'll come running back to me,
Only to be heartbroken...
Why don't you stay? (Please do stay, please do stay)
If you care for me... (Please do stay, please do stay)

During the last chorus, the backing vocals started to come in which really helped lift the whole song. They would come in much more strongly during the final chorus of the song. Trela started to do lots of hand gestures towards the camera as the surroundings remained very dark and ominous. The lasers circled around, and even made her look as though she was in a cage.

The next part of the song was the most calm though. As only strings complimented her singing, the camera focused on her eyes, slowly moving outwards to reveal her whole face by the end of the bridge section.

I am not hurting again.
And I know that never will I regret.

By this time, there was a mixture of different shots, including a shot of the audience gracefully swaying alongside the song. The song was about to finish and the stage broke the black and white theme it had, and turned a brown and red.

You'll come running back to me, (Please do stay, please do stay)
Only to be heartbroken... (Please do stay, please do stay)
(Why don't you stay?) Please do stay,
(Please do stay) Please do stay,
(Please do stay) Yeah!
(If you care for me) Please do stay,
(Please do stay...) If you care for me...

"Thank you Britonisea!" Trela Amard smiled to the audience before running off the stage to a very large applause. It wasn't the best Estogian performance in the World Hit, but it was something.
Last edited by Estogium on Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anollasia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 05, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Anollasia » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:38 pm

WIP

Anollasia
"I Don't Even Know What You Want" - Ceyda Demirciyan

Music: Ceyda Demirciyan, Samuel Vintrich, Llewelyn Royce
Lyrics: Ceyda Demirciyan
Tune: Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart

(Furrowed brow)
Every now and then I get a feeling that only I, and only I, understand
(No more crown)
Every now and then I get a little bit tired of feeling like I've wasted my years
(Just a frown)
Every now and then I get a feeling, a fervour, that I'd do best by wishing you goodbye
(Furrowed brow)
Every now and then I feel like tearing it up but then I think of all the good times
(No more crown, wide eyes)
Every now and then I ponder long
(Just a frown)

(Furrowed brow)
Every now and then I feel a little bit breathless and I can't speak what's on my mind
(No more crown)
Every now and then I get a little bit reckless but it seems to be losing its charm
(Just a frown)
Every now and then I try to hold back my anger but all it makes me do is weep and cry
(Furrowed brow)
Every now and then I feel like tearing it up but then I think of all the good times
(Just a frown, wide eyes)

About the times when I was right
About the times when I nearly did it
And though every time I try
I seem to get closer to never
If only once I could just get it right
Like you did all along

Whatever the consequences, whatever the price
Just for once I'd love to be in the spotlight
(The spotlight)
I love to be with you
But I'm not your number one
I'm waiting for you to see I deserve that spot
I really need this tonight
For never have I found the light
For never have I found the (light)

Once upon a time I thought it was enough
But now I'm getting cramped in my loft
Nothing I can do
I don't even know what you want
Once upon a time I was lighting the light
But now I'm only darkening the dark
Nothing I can say

(Furrowed brow, wide eyes)
About the times when I was right
About the times when I nearly did it
And though every time I try
I seem to get closer to never
If only once I could just get it right
Like you did all along

Whatever the consequences, whatever the price
Just for once I'd love to be in the spotlight
(The spotlight)
I love to be with you
But I'm not your number one
I'm waiting for you to see I deserve that spot
I really need this tonight
For never have I found the light
For never have I found the (light)

Once upon a time I thought it was enough
But now I'm getting cramped in my loft
Nothing I can do
Once upon a time I was lighting the light
But now I'm only darkening the dark
Nothing I can say
(No more frown, wide eyes)
(No more frown, wide eyes, no more frown)
Last edited by Anollasia on Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tomikosan
Envoy

Founded: Nov 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tomikosan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:16 am

Komarø-Thomiya
"Hatomaj koru Faern (pronouced Hah-tou-mag kuh-run Fa-yen)" - Lewis Nemorin

Translation of Title: How Unoriginal
Language: Armei (Traditional Language of Komarov-Thomiya)
Music: Lewis Nemorin and Ray King
Lyrics: Lewis Nemorin
Tune: Dream Eating Monochrome Baku by Nem

Armei Lyrics / English Translation

The spotlights begin to open as it turns to Lewis and his shiny guitar. He starts off with an open arm pose and his head facing downward. The fans begin to cheer as loudly as they can and it is only a few seconds later until he begins to strum his guitar to play the song. Lewis starts off by announcing himself to the audience, as a nod to every stereotypical mainstream musician ever!

Yo, my homie, my name is Lewis Nemorin!
In case if you forget my name, yeah!

The backup band members also begin to play their instruments. Lewis shakes his head off up and down, moving to the rhythm of the beat. He then quickly makes a fast turn 360 degrees before opening his voice to sing.

Govorot söfen thunap rëig? (How should you write a great pop song?)
Toyet ni khafala sever heral. (You want some techniques and tricks to help you.)
Soherot dei makh kon, vor-dëig. (I will show you how to do it, my boy.)
Dönitzic pakha truimy gyon kefa kepal. (Just follow my instructions and you will be fine.)

The fans are not to impressed, though. But Lewis continued on to play whatever he can. His body now shakes just like what he did to his head in the beginning, this time with shoulders petruding up and down. He knows he might be in trouble if there is an error within the performance, but Lewis's confidence encouraged him to move on.

Häikh, portel nayak kudka tin, (First, you must talk about your girlfriend,)
Veroschin hyon sadekal karin. (And how much you wanted her so much.)
Yarmenas togor bor hayat, (Then, you will say that she gives the feelings,)
N'Mansur digari aida schönker. (That she and you fly out to the skies.)

Paktor nisan gurnä taksik (Now, hear my example of a chorus carefully)
Yavat yermenko. (For it's essential.)

'Kai-sian, sernov dor mel muntap, ('Girl, dance graceful into the moonlight,)
Hayton söft en finelle. (Because you are so beautifully cute.)
Gyron sitar maidogur dil lon gevelle. (You are the only thing want in this world.)
Kai-sian, kack mai akhor tihak. (You are not just my friend, girl.)
Norten beisav yack tumai, (But a lover that won't leave.)
Maçanzo tø ya roy hurn obitar löumai.' (After hours of finding my romance.')

Yaen, 'baye rutomaj sete? (What, you want to sing something else?)
Hatomaj goservį theron faern.' ('Cuz this theme about love is so unoriginal.')
Kavan tatzig cos ten, vor-dëig. (Don't worry about it, boy.)
Pekandov lijikic bahas oern. (For I'll switch a topic to something more unique.)

Yerke söfen isnak cato? (How about partying with your friends?)
Dudeç kuznako. (It goes something like this.)

'Dorma hayo menokita. (Jive into the beat of your life.)
Sayet ruço gorbason. (For you are in my party house.)
Buro tanev rakuvi urn vin deruge.' (Here you will find the beauty and the beat.)
Şhuni tresov nayat gonech, (Get your girlfriend from the first chorus.)
Szlag, 'Jukov meiya kovi. (Tell her 'I wanna make out with you.)
Plinik kachi, sokamo tan m*rno, Kai-sian.' (Cause tonight, I will be f*cking you, girl.')

Lewis now begins his epic guitar solo with a massive bang that leave everyone amazed. Suddenly the audience is digging his style of the guitar and begin to rock to the rhythm and wave their hands up in the air, pulling out rock signs while feeling absolutely lit by Lewis. The others are pulling out their phones to record his awesome movements and taking pictures, leaving out a stunning phone-snapping light patterns to it. Once it is over, Lewis continues to sing the bridge part.

Hän-fiel-sye-fiel. (One-four-six-four.)
Đ'Brezau nikei. (Trucks driver's changing gear.)
Gavat fiel niger çörş. (Just repeat the four chords.)
Malta makt urn makt. (Over and over again.)

[Repeat bridge]

Ha, vor-dëig sontayo. (Ha, you're so insane, boy)

Mikha payeto thunap rëig, (This is how make a pop song,)
Hokhto meçav portenyo, (Hopefully you'll learn from me,)
Sinjen koserø buretat ilanig. (And become popular in mainstream music.)
Turori kon domeneca, (If you make it to main stage)
Har paro vi takuno. (I tell you my honest truth)
Por ist cesyl urn ihr ist neko dabesav. (You're my puppet and I'm a fat cat.)

To maknaab nue beronav. (You've been listening to your dirty trash.)
Davo suke qun xamas. (With your good-looking, pretty face.)
Nekhei kortende nora hubocani. (Who has neither talent nor experience.)
Tucher schovon kronor penav, (I just want the money anyway,)
Hamas zorod xamita, (Just to swim along my bank account.)
Bienevue den gorovoti, façnigar. (Enjoy mainstream media, you stupid fool.)
Last edited by Tomikosan on Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:06 am, edited 5 times in total.
Komarov-Thomiya Ingkong Macheda
(The United Empire of Komarov-Thomiya)

'Tyn, oū eshli Komariques, jip vin qashan hakh vart, vin qashan tesh wurl, vin qashan bakti saikhu shi metada!'
We, our fellow Komariques, are the greatest there is, the greatest there was, the greatest there will ever be in history!

Debut: Baptism of Fire 63 (Win vs. Merni) [Seniors]/ Di Bradini Cup 38 (Win vs. Dunnes) [U-21]
Awards: Baptism of Fire 63 3rd Place Winner (vs. Qasden) [Seniors]/ Di Bradini Cup 38 3rd Place Winner (vs. Unified Sunrise Islands) [U-21]
Appearances in World Cup: 0

Cosneolta
Attaché

Founded: May 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosneolta » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:53 pm

Cosneolta
"Glow" - Orchestrata ft. Just Prazeres

Music: H. Fetran, K. Christoffersson
Lyrics: H. Fetran, J. Lidenaa, J. Prazeres
Tune: Robin Schulz & David Guetta ft. Cheat Codes - Shed A Light

The song starts with Justs standing in the centre of a white stage with a mini-orchestra either side of him. Three violinists stand to the left and two cellists stand to the right. All of the members of the orchestra play there instruments while Justs sings the lyrics, static behind a microphone stand.

Why is the world full of hesitation?
How can we stop this devastation?
I just want to spread my wings, my luminous heart, it knows no end.

This opportunity is not worth missing
Peace is the goal, the end-game, and the mission
Can we end this suffering? I just want to work, to make a change.

The camera moves up onto the stage and circles Justs while he continues to sing the lyrics. The light around the stage begin to flash on and off with the beat of the song. Justs sings into the central camera in the arena as it is zoomed in on his face, for the final line of the song, Justs offers his hand to the camera to sing at the people at home. The lights around the arena subside to make way for the chorus.

And I don't know if these words are enough
And I don't know how many will just heed the call
I will give all of my love, to you.

The camera angle now encompasses all of the stage including the orchestra, who are playing their instruments as Justs sings in the centre of the stage. All the light flashes to the beat of the songs with the LED screen in the background completely white. The brightness of the stage compared to the darkness of the audience gets more intense as the stage begins to light up, leading to the instrumental part of the song.

Somewhere here in the world, children smile with glee
Stand up a shout, shine your light, baby
Shine a light, let it glow. Shine a light, let it glow

I'm gonna spread all my love, 'cause I feel so free.
I wanna shout, shine your light, baby.

The camera does a series of sweeping shots around the back of the arena. The stage remains in the centre of the screen as hoards of waving flags and bouncing fans swoosh past in the foreground. The orchestra plays their instruments more intensely this time, with Justs clicking his fingers in time with the music.

For the second verse, Justs takes the microphone off the stand and walks forward to the camera who is waiting at the edge of the stage. He clutches his heart as he sings the lyrics with passion. The stage is now pitch black save for one bright light save for a bright light at the back of the stage which Justs' body is obscuring.

Will this victory ever be ours?
We can overcome it, with our powers.
I can feel the hope within, and if we come together we will win

Justs walks to the front of the stage to sing into the audience. He greets a couple of his fans who are offering his fans and he shakes their hand while walking along the edge of the stage. For the final line, he looks into the higher stands and sings into them while the white lights of he stage fade once again for the second interlude

And I don't know if these words are enough
And I don't know how many will just heed the call
I will give all of my love, to you

Justs returns to the microphone stand and spreads his arms out wide to sing the song. The cellists are calmly playing their instruments while the people who are playing the violins are frantically moving their sticks back and forth to the tune of the music. The lights begin to get more intense once again for the second instrumental of the song, which gets the crowd excited.

Somewhere here in the world, children smile with glee
Stand up a shout, shine your light, baby

The camera sweeps around the arena once again, taking in the vastness of the arena. A wind machine is turned of as Justs sings the final lines of the song, the camera is zoomed up on his face and he sings the lyrics as the wind blows his hair back. The lights subside for the final time as the stage turns to black to signal the end of the song.

(Shine your light, shine your light baby
shine you light, shine your light baby)

The orchestra all stand up and the crowd applauds when the song it finished. 'Thank You Britonisea, Tanu Teila Cosneolta!'. The orchestra follow Justs as they walk off the stage, taking their instruments with them. The post card then begins for next nation.
Dini is my daddy.

Kalosia
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kalosia » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:57 am

Kalosia
"Volandu" - Alia M

Translation of Title: Flying
Language: Kalosian
Music: Danijel Galošit, Adrian Lažanu, Sandra Marinu
Lyrics: Natalia diMateu, Danijel Galošit
Tune: Green Light — Lorde

Kalosian pronunciation guide

Natalia diMateu, popularly known under her stage name Alia M, had won the 29th Festival dele Melodie Kalosiane (FMK29) with a landslide victory, gaining almost twice as much votes as the runner-up. She is only 19 years old, and had only signed on with a record label only a year ago, after her cover of the song Tu Sej... by Marianna (which had represented Kalosia at WorldVision 40 and had won FMK12 went viral. She released her debut single earlier this year and is currently working on her first album, which will feature both her WHF entry and her debut single.

Alia M had brought with her everything she needed for the performance in Junteräpten, if it wasn't already provided by BVC, of course. This included the outfit she was going to wear, including the black cloak that would cover her body at the beginning of the performance. And that's exactly what she wore as she made it onstage in time for the performance. The screens from the "chandelier" were also lowered.
By the time the song began, Alia was kneeling in the middle of the stage, a spotlight shining solely on her, with the technologically advanced screens forming a circle around her, making her seem 'trapped' in a cage. The camera was recording with a black-and-white filter, and it looked super dramatic if not gloomy.

note: lyrics in (brackets) are sung by backing singers
Sta la tristežë ki u mia storia
Mi tenevë le katine a la terë
Në poševu së taľarë, në posevu korerë
Pensavu ja kë vitë mia ava finitu

Ma tranzformu le katine
Diventanu li radiši kë prosperarë u la terë
E ul momentu, alžu
E ja krešu, or pošu viderë la lužë dël žornu
La lužë dël žornu

As the screens from the chandelier rose, so did Alia. She slowly stood up and the stage lights started gradually pouring onto the stage. The filter was also slowly being removed, and by the end of this following part, the broadcast was fully in colour. The lights started flashing/moving in a way that added to the anticipation of the chorus, but it was rather visually muted.
Poj ešpandu aľi moji
Ešpandu mentë mia
Or vidu ja lë tšelu blu e l’orižontë
E sentu ja li venti fridi e vošë tia
(Or sto volandu e ki sto vivendu)

The wind machine activated and Alia's cloak was waving, revealing a bit of the white dress that lay underneath. Now the lights were flashing/moving in full swing.
Or në garderu ja a mia pasatu
E ja në pošu imprarë da lë futuro

The wind machine stopped and the camera focused on Alia, occasionally changing angles. The light dimmed but didn't entirely stop.
Kalkëvolte gardu ǧu a la terë
Ma rikordu supra es mia destinažju

Poj tranzformu animë mia
Lo diventu un manifestažju pju fortë di me
E ul momentu, alžu
E ja volu, or pošu viderë la lužë dël sol
La lužë dël sol

In this next part, Alia takes off her cloak rather undramatically, but revealing in full a wavy white dress. At the same time, a pair of wings folded to hide on Alia's back slowly began to unfold and expand.
Poj ešpandu mentë mia
Aprendu oki moji
Pošu tokarë lë tšelu blu e l’orižontë
E sentu ja li venti fridi e vošë tia

The wind machine turned on and blew at the highest/strongest setting, and the combination of flashing lights and dynamic camera angles helped create the sense of movement needed for the performance.
Or ja impreru da mia pasatu difišil
E ja garderu al futuro kola speranzë
Or ja impreru da mia pasatu difišil
E ja garderu al futuro kola speranzë

Alia expanded her arms and slowly began to levitate (there were a pair of strings holding up her outfit to lift her up into the air) and for a moment it really did seem as if she was flying.

The lights began to dim except for a spotlight on Alia, the wind machine turned off, and she was slowly lowered back onto the ground.

Alia quickly brought her mic closer to her mouth to sing the final line along with the backing singers:
Or sto volandu e ki sto vivendu!

Huge cheers came from the audience in Junteräpten's First Direct Arena, and Alia M was overwhelmed with the warm reaction. "Thank you everyone, thank you!" she yelled, before the stage was set up for the next entrant.

There is darkness in my story
Chains held me to the ground
I couldn’t cut the chain, I couldn’t run
I thought that my life had ended

But I transform these chains
They become roots that thrive in the ground
And in the moment, I rise
And I grow, now I can see the light of day
The light of day

So I spread my wings
I expand my mind
Now I see the blue sky and the horizon
And I feel the cold winds and your voice
(Now I'm flying and here I'm living)

Now I will not look at my past
And I can’t learn from the future

Sometimes I look down at the land
But I remember that my destination is above

So I transform my soul
It becomes a stronger manifestation of myself
And in the moment, I rise
And I fly, now I can see the Sunlight
Sunlight

So I expand my mind
I open my eyes
I can touch the blue sky and the horizon
And I feel the cold winds and your voice

Now I will learn from my difficult past
And I will look at the future with hope
Now I will learn from my difficult past
And I will look at the future with hope

Now I'm flying and here I'm living!
Last edited by Kalosia on Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Norjihan
Secretary

Founded: Jul 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Norjihan » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:34 am

XX. Norjihan
"Feel" - Nølámi

Language(s): English
Lyrics: Nølami Marevni
Music: Nølami Marevni, Yraven Lámóssa

Tune: "Kuula" - Ott Lepland

Norjihan's first result at the World Hit Festival was naturally seen as rather an embarrassment, but thankfully NF didn't have to worry about it for long. As the spokesperson for Norjihan explained at the last contest the nation was for some reason stuck in a time loop which saw them stuck in the 80s. Now, it appears the country has managed to escape and find their way back to the present day through some miracle, and it seems a collective amnesia about the time loop has taken hold as they couldn't remember their previous entry. However, the nation prepared for the 35th contest as if they had been competing for years already - has the time loop weirdness intensified??? Spooky...

Anyway, the nation was for some reason in high spirits as they prepared to go to Britonisea for the 35th World Hit Festival, almost as if they had won the previous contest even though...well...they didn't, or at least not in our timeline. Anyway, the head of NF's WHF department, a man by the name of Gásath Daleren, had instantly set to work after the previous contest ended and the time loop was closed, calling a public submission period for those who felt they had what it took to represent Norjihan at one of the multiverse's largest musical contests alongside talking with the nation's largest record labels to try and gather up a shortlist of potential artists.

It was eventually from the public submission that the winner was chosen, 35 year old Nølami Marevni. He was born in the southern city of Ronyg where he grew up and learnt to sing, but he has left behind music in search of a career in Physics. Whilst he loves his job his love of music made him decide to give this World Hit Festival malarky a go. However this wasn't the only reason; his mother had recently died of cancer and he saw it as a way to honour her memory. The song itself if a love ballad, where Nølami sings to a woman about how no matter where they are he'll love them. There are two main ways in which fans have interpreted the song; one suggests that for some reason they have been split up and the relationship wasn't viable but he still loves this person, or that he is dead and singing to her from heaven where he is waiting for her.

Either way, the song - which he wrote with Yraven Lámóssa, a childhood friend and producer - tugged the heartstrings of the selection committee and now they hope it will tug on the heartstrings of the multiverse. Will it? Let's wait and see...

The lights in the arena are all turned off, apart from a few annoying phone flashlights even though they hadn't been told to turn them on yet. Honestly?!?! Anyway, the stadium was for the most part pitch black as the final preparations are made. As the song begins the camera shows not the main stage but the 2nd Island which Nølami stands on, with a single white spotlight shining on him faintly, a single illuminates point in all the darkness. It illuminates the island just enough to show Nølami and the LED floor which shows small waves lapping at his own feet, like those mentioned in the lyrics. The camera feed begins to the left of him, and he looks up to face the camera which slowly pans around him. He reaches out slightly at the end of the verse, before looking down in a rather forlorn manner again.

Feel the waves lapping at your feet
Feel the waves wash over me
Feel our hearts beating as one
Feel

A second spotlight shines down from the opposite side of the island, and both intensify as the second verse begins. The camera continues panning around Nølami and also begins to rise up, until at the end of the verse we have a birds eye view of Nølami. Beneath him, the LED floor has changed to show a heart slowly beating which disintegrates away, leaving behind whirls of smoke. At this point, the audience in the arena are given a little hint to now turn

Know that I'll always be here
Know that I'll watch you 'til the end
Don't you dare say there's no hope
You know

As the next part of the song begins the camera lowers but passes Nølami and shows the main stage. On this main section a platform has been placed, on which National Norjihani Ice Skating Champion Jula Myret has begun a routine under a blue spotlight. Around the platform it appears the smoke from Nølami's platform has formed some sort of whirlpool. His face appears briefly as the smoke climbs up to the main background screen, singing as he does on the island.

That as long as you hold me
I'll you until the very end
One day we will meet again

The camera feed now changes to show Nølami once more at the very edge of the island, throwing every sinew of his body into the song, the passion oozing out of every pore (and yes, it's passion, not sweat...well, maybe a bit of sweat). Behind him the stage is illuminated in golden light and some fireworks coming down from the 'chandelier' forming a ring around the platform where Jula skates (I'm afraid I'm not really qualified to describe ice skating but I'm sure you can imagine it, sort of like with Dima Bilan in 2008 but with less risk to his feet).

And we will dance beneath the stars
Without a care, in each others arms
Together against time

Nølami turns around and reaches out to Jula, the camera travelling above his arm and travelling across the see of lights that is the audience and focusing on Jula. The background now shows a sea of golden stars in which the word 'Feel' can be seen faintly traced out.

There isn't a distance I wouldn't travel
To end up even just near you once more

The camera being focused on Jula had allowed Nølami to make his way quickly to the first island where he now stands, his feet shrouded under a layer of smoke and he sings again reaching out to the skater. He tries to move but it seems like he is being held back by something; slowly he struggles across the walkway towards Jula, who sees him and whilst dancing appears to also try and reach him, of course being trapped in the confines of the ice.

Feel this love that never dies
Feel my heart, it burns inside
Just feel
And say the words I long to hear

The lights dim quickly until just two spotlights are left; a faint light one shows Nølami as he reaches the platform and a blue one which shows Jula. As he finishes singing the very last line, the last drops of emotion being squeezed from him as he conveys the deep feelings expressed by the song, the two of them touch hands very briefly. As they do so Jula's spotlight fades into the darkness leaving Nølami reaching into the void.

Just feel it again

As the lights in the arena return to normal, Nølami and Jula can be seen on the stage shouting 'Dathar Britonisea, Dathar World!' (Dathar being a Norjihani way of saying Thank You) as the crowd cheers and waves and whatever it is crowds are wont to do.
Last edited by Norjihan on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:03 am, edited 6 times in total.

To-Das Kavysyan Kystareyu Syyeryn Joraya
Secretary

Founded: Jul 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby To-Das Kavysyan Kystareyu Syyeryn Joraya » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:35 pm

azanyysha, daryktai!
Last edited by To-Das Kavysyan Kystareyu Syyeryn Joraya on Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:37 pm

Tödlichebujoku
"Destruição (Disowned)" - Vaporiz

Translation of Title: Destruction
Language: Lagoês, Tödlichebujoki Suomi, English
Music: yáádytetty, Distritovalot
Lyrics: Yuvenal Salazar, Ovídio Coelho, Fernão Ferreira
Tune: Future - Mask Off (ALTERNATIVE LINK)

Yuvenal Salazar, known primarily as Vaporiz, won the inaugural Laulukysely national final with "Destruição (Disowned)", a song about the realities and mindset of living in a poor, crime-ridden distrito in Sterblichengokai. His emotional take on his dizer music found him a large number of fans across Tödlichebujoku and beyond, which led him to a spot in Laulukysely and eventually to WHF. Vaporiz hopes to show the world that the nation does have a dark, neglected side, and that it is a problem that is definitely solvable.

Blue roving ambient lighting illuminates the stage behind Vaporiz, leaving him a silhouette
morte não é o fim
death is not the end

eu sei
I know

que muito bem
very well

The lights softly illuminate him, showing him to be wearing a black jacket, a single chain, slim white pants, and white high tops, a rather modest ensemble from a dizer artist. Vaporiz avoids eye contact with the camera and audience, looking left, right, down, closing his eyes
Destruição, muita destruição
Destruction, too much destruction

Sem razão, morte sem razão
Without reason, death without reason

Ei koskaan voi, nauti elámástá
Never can, enjoy life

Disowned, never renowned
Disowned, never renowned

Never can, enjoy life

uma vida vasia
an empty life

Suddenly, he stares straight into the camera and towards the audience, with an urgency, as the spotlights focus on him and behind him. Scenes of a run-down distrito and children holding onto each other play behind him
Yksi, don't let your kids outside
One, don't let your kids outside

Kaksi shots fired into my good life
Two shots fired into my good life

Kolme options, searching for an exit
Three options, searching for an exit

Nada in the end, left for me to deal with it
Nothing in the end, left for me to deal with it

Vingança, sempre vingança
Revenge, always revenge

Why is there always violência
Why is there always violence

Pray to gods, please just end the raiva
Pray to gods, please just end the rage

As we're bleeding, todo santo dia
As we're bleeding, every single day

Stand up, stupid I know
Por favor, não mais medo
Please, no more fear

Don't stop, I want safe security
Something, close to real control of it

He turns away to pace along the edge of the stage, looking to the audience only during the English lines, as closeups of shattered windows and occasional shots of red liquid running down the street play behind him

Never can, enjoy life

Disowned, never renowned
Disowned, never renowned

Never can, enjoy life

uma vida vasia
an empty life

The lights go down as a faint veil of fog emanates through the stage, almost enveloping Vaporiz
Um salvador, mythical it seems
A savior, mythical it seems

Spirits gasp, whisper in my dreams

The lighting fades out, as a slightly washed-out video of children playing by a street shows, the friendly neighbors dropping by and conversing. This dissipates as the lights turn back on and Vaporiz continues
My medicine, heal a broken me
Broken screens, like my internal screams
Not yet bent, salvo pela meditação
Not yet bent, saved by meditation

Forgotten streets, families undefended
Outsiders always were, uncomprehended
Our invasion, that we gave permission
This destruction, was what we could make
Screwed up, by just one mistake
"Não ajude, não sangrendo ajude"
"Don't help, don't bleeding help"

How we feel, what we're gonna say
Government, screw it all to shame
"Nosso salvador é nós", what I hope to say
"Our savior is us," what I hope to say

He looks forlornly in the distance

Never can, enjoy life

Disowned, never renowned
Disowned, never renowned

Never can, enjoy life

uma vida vasia
an empty life

The lighting and video behind him fades as Vaporiz stands at the edge of the stage, almost in the audience. He doesn't look as depressed as before and there might even be a ray of hope, of determination showing, as he stands, illuminated in front of the darkness behind him
Disowned, never renowned
What then, if we can't own
One day, one day renowned
Lives gone, never disowned

The lights slowly fade with the music as Vaporiz looks away

"Kiitos, obrigado, Junteräpten," he mutters after nodding to the audience as the lights return to normal, before exiting the stage.
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Mercedini
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:20 pm

Mercedini
"Higher" - Alicia Mocha

Music & Lyrics: A. Mocha, Orchestrata, F. Gabrinelli
Tune: Alice - Running With Lions

Following Daniel Alishkaerni's triumph in Vodiznad, which gave Mercedini their first ever win in any international contest, ENM chose a familiar face to represent Mercedini in the 35th edition of the World Hit Festival and consolidate their nations position as a consistently high-placing nation at this song contest. Alicia Mocha returns to the scene, as she will represent her nation with the song that currently holds her nation's highest ever finish in the WorldVision Song Contest, 'Higher'. She will sing it in familiar surroundings for the nation in blue and black, as Britonisea had been the home of Mercedini's first podium finish, when Gloria Anglidu claimed third place in Kyvivre when she sung 'Final Tear' all those editions ago. Alicia will want to match that result or finish higher with her song that finished second in DrUMs.

Alicia, who was already familiar with all the ins and outs of heading to a foreign nation to represent her nation, said "It was a tremendous experience to sing in Dreiichibu-u-Mousiki and claim an unbelievable second place, so I was ecstatic when I got the call that I had the opportunity to do it all over again in Britonisea. I have had a chat with Gloria about getting the locals onside, and I've spoken to Daniel to congratulate on his win and get some advice on putting on a performance for the crowd in the arena and the audience at home. I will give my all once again and hope to continue our good run at this contest, fingers crossed!"

The song begins with the performing area bathed in darkness with only Alicia standing alone on the stage. She is wearing a short skirted black party dress with black high heels and silver chain necklace. As the song begins and as the pitch begins to increase, the lights begin to glow and rise up and move from looking at the stage floor to looking at the arena ceiling. As the lion roar sounds, the lights around the stadium flicker before returning to darkness for the pre-verse. The camera moves onto the stage and moves close to Alicia as she opens her eyes to sing the lyrics of the opening verse.

When you leave I get so lonely
Lonely, lonely
Trying to be your one and only
Only, you and me.

The LED flashes with white geometric patterns in time with the beat of the music which is matched by the lights around the stadium which are flashing brightly focusing their light on the stage. Orbs of light begin to fly across the stage floor and begin to fill the LED projection on the stage floor which Alicia is currently standing on. The geometric pattern continues to flash but is being slowly eroded to make way for more white orbs, this time on the wall behind her. By the time the verse is complete, the stage floor is almost completely filled with orbs while the LED wall behind her is currently black, perfectly contrasting each other.

I was taught how to fly
Taught how to fly. Flying with the wind
Just look up to the sky
Up to the sky. I'll be there

Alicia stomps her foot one time in time with the beginning beat of the chorus, this disturbs the sea of orbs which were flowing on the stage floor and begin to fly away from where she is standing. She being to walk forward and at that point, the orbs in front of her begin to move away from her as she is walking to make a path towards the front of the stage. The camera moves back onto the stage and circles Alicia as she the beat begins to kick in for the chorus. The lights begin to flick more intensely at the instrumental approaches, the camera zooms further away from Alicia before the central camera takes back control as Alicia sings the final line and the orchestral interlude kicks in.

Even when my screams don't make a sound
Oh, your love lifts me higher
Even if my failures drag me down
Yeah, your love lifts me higher

Pull me back, I won't stop
It's my one heart's desire
Knock me down, I'll rise up
Your love lifts me higher

For the orchestral part of the chorus, the camera at the very back of the stage is now broadcasting, giving the people at home a sense of the scale of the arena as the lights around the stage shined bright and contrasted against the darkness of the audience. The white orbs which were initially shown on the stage floor have now been digitally super imposed onto the screen broadcast to the people at home. They fly around the screen and then disappear off screen before the camera angle reverts back to the central angle.

Alicia stands just in front of the LED wall which in covered in a large number of whit orbs which have moved from the floor to the screen. She moves and interacts with the which waft about the screen was she waves her arms in one flowing movement. She has a determined look on her face as she sings into the camera, as if she were singing to someone at home. She puts extra meaning into the final line, instilling a sense of empowerment in her words.

How can I be feeling so free
So free, so free
How can you be you without me
Without me, you're nothing

The camera move back onto the stage to get a close up of Alicia who sings and moves to the beat of the song. She seems to be enjoying her time in the spotlight as she gives a small grin and a cheeky wink midway through the second verse to entice the people at home to give her their votes. She balls her hand up into a fist and clutches her heart to finish the verse and we enter the beginning of the second chorus.

Oh, I'll rise up tonight
Rise up tonight, no ceiling to stop me
And I'll run for my life
Run for my life. Oh, to feel again

She opens up her body as the second chorus starts. The white light around the arena all move to focus on Alicia and where she is standing, the light radiates of the glitter and diamonds from her dress, which makes it appear at if she is sparkling as she moves around and makes the diamonds reflect lights to difference angles. She opens her body language and greets the audience as the instrumental part plays out.

Alicia then walks back to the back of the stage and in front of LED screen. The white orbs fly back onto the wall behind her and morph themselves into a pair of wings behind her. She spreads her free arm out wide as the LED wings flap and blows the thin layer of fog which was on the floor away. This clears the floor and gives a more clarified view of the orbs on the floor. The white lights move away from the stage and spread their light beams out evenly across the stadium. She closes her eyes and looks to the skies to sing the lyrics with power and also tenderness.

Your love lifts me, lifts me, it lifts me...
High-Higher

The white orbs disperse across the wall and all fly aimlessly across the stage. Alicia vacates the position in front of the LED screen and instead walks towards the audience once again. The white lights flash in time with the beat of the music. She looks into the central camera and sings the lyrics into it while the lights and the projection is all happening behind her. It picks up everything which is happening on stage and also the audience bouncing along to the track. She points her finger to the sky as she finishes the chorus while sparks begin to fall behind her.

A curtain of sparks begins to shower down on the stage behind Alicia as she sings into the audience for the final time. The bright white lights wander around the stage to build up to a crescendo of light at the end of the song. The super imposed orbs appear once again on the TV screens at home. This time they surround the edge of the screen to adjust the aspect ratio of the screen just a bit. She gives her all as she confidently belts out the lyrics with power and control. She spreads her arms out wide for the final time to let the violin chords ring out across the arena, symbolizing the freedom and good vibes laced throughout the song.

She walks to near the back of the stage but remains in front of curtain of sparks falling like a waterfall on the stage, projecting more light onto the stage and bathing Alicia in a sea of yellow glowing light. Se looks up to the sky which is illuminated by the stage lights and by the sparks and let's out the final couple of lines of the song with composure while taking in the occasion. For the final line, she let's out a grin as she finishes the song to finish presenting Mercedini's entrant for the 35th World Hit Festival.

(Your love lifts me higher)

The curtain of sparks stops once the song finishes and the crows erupts in applause. Alicia breaks out into a wide smile once the song finishes and take a bow in front of the rapturous audience. "Thank You Britonisea! Kisses to you all!" She waves to the audience before the camera shows the Mercedinian contingency within the audience. The people at home then see a transition before the postcard of the next performing nation.
.................................................................................................................................
Novapax Founder • Host Portfolio • Trophy Cabinet
World CupBest: Group Stage ('77, '81, '82, '83)
Cup of HarmonyBest: Champion ('72)
U21 World CupBest: 3rd Place ('43)
U18 World CupBest: Champion ('4)
Independents CupBest: Champion ('5)
WC of HockeyBest: 2nd Place ('37)
WJHCBest: Champion ('13)
WorldVision
Best Placing: 1st (Lipa '72)Most Points: 108 pts (Lipa '72)

World Hit Festival
Best Placing: 1st ('34 & '36)Most Pts: 34 pts (Mousiki '31)
Junior World Hit Festival
Best Placing: 3rd ('3, '4 & '5)Most Pts: 26 pts (Tushlark '5)
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Bojikstan
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bojikstan » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:14 pm

Bojikstan
"The Line" - Lil X Money of Familia

Lyrics/Music: Lil X Money of Familia
Tune: Arsonist's Lullaby

Jonny Jonny Jonny, Bonner
Now he’s wanted for some murders,
Killed everybody walking,
He’s gonna get hit with the current,

He’s gonna get hit with the current,

Jonny’s on the run now,
He got out of town,
Fled from Strasburg to the mid towns,
To the countryside, nothing but cows,
And a few farmers who own the land now,

And Jonny said he’s gonna hide there now,
Cause the land’s still scorched by the war now,
It ain’t what it was, there’s few people now,
So Jonny said, they won’t look here now,

So he finds a village, hides in a farm,
At the south end, there’s a red barn,
He steps in the thing, trying to stay the night,
But the owner’s there, says his name is White,

So Jonny says his name, says he’s traveling through,
But White saw his face on the ten o'clock news,
Tells Jonny to sleep, but when he steps out the barn,
He calls the police,

Cause there’s a reward now,
A hundred thousand now,
Jonny’s wanted dead or alive now,
And White has a daughter named Callie,
And that reward will pay college loans for Cal,
So White tells the cops to come over now.

He’s on the run from the current.

So it’s night time,
But they find three cops to solve this crime,
And Jodie’s fast, so he always drives,
And Brody’s twitchy, and Amy tries to tell him that he needs to stop putting himself in the line,
Of fire, but Brody says it’s just part of the line,
Of duty, and he climbs out the car and walks towards the barn,

But he turns when he hears a pow pow,
The windshield’s broke and Jodie’s down,
Because Jonny’s standing at the door of the barn,
Packing heat, he never went to sleep,
Because he overheard the phone call from White,
And he decided,
He’s not gonna die tonight,

And Amy’s smart, but she’s too kind,
She moves to help Jodie and puts herself in the line,
Of fire. And Jonny fires. Amy was kind, just wanted to help, but now she’s down, her heart’s her demise.

It’s one on one now,
Just Brody and Jonny now,
So Brody reaches down, grabs his pistol now,
Points it straight ahead and pulls the trigger now,
But nothing comes out, he hears a clicking sound,
Looks at his gun, and the safety’s down.
Looks back at Jonny, and hears a pow,
And Brody is down.

Now he’s wanted for ten murders,
He killed everybody walking,
And he’s on the run from the current.
"All these sorrows I have seen, they lead me to believe, everything's a mess... But I wanna dream. Leave me to dream..."
The war torn home of the Bojik people. It's pronounced bah-jik-stan or bah-jik-stahn, not boe-jik-stan
the ghost formerly known as anglatia

sports: independents cup 3 fourth place

Izmedu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:24 am

Izmedu
"Anger" - Anja Krajacic

Music: Anja Krajacic
Lyrics: Anja Krajacic
Tune: Kesha - Praying

I don't know what I am anymore, to be honest with you. All I know is that I'm far more broken than I once was, but I can heal. It'll be a long time until I'm back to whatever my 'old self' was. I doubt I'll ever reach that point, but now... I can start to move on.” - Anja Krajacic

Anja didn't know the last time she was home. She knew she had the Izmepisma appearance, she knew that she was in Vodiznad around that time being largely far more shy with interaction versus the other competitors. This was part and parcel due to the 32nd World Hit Festival and the reputation that Anja had since accumulated. Becoming a controversial figure due to her intensely personal backstory and yet suffering an intense backlash due to the perceived weakness of her work ethic, Anja struggled to find her emotional footing. All Anja knew was an intense self-hatred, a lack of ways to articulate and express that self-hatred, and realizing that for all that Anja emotionally knew before the festival in Harrikes, she had a lot to learn still as of yet.

Since the 32nd World Hit Festival, Anja is still locked in an onerous public relations scuffle as to how her material would be represented in Izmedu's music landscape. Initially, it was an issue that Anja deeply cared for, but in more recent times, Anja simply does not have the courage to care about something such as contract conflicts. What Anja refused to do was go back to her home country, Izmedu. Even despite the intense support that RTI offered her post-contest, the backlash to her participation haunted her, and she couldn't bear to face fans. Thus, Anja spent most of her waking year visiting the competing countries. She extended her stay in Euskirribakondara, before traveling to Todlichebujoku, Kalosia, Britonisea, etc.

Her travels is what allowed Anja to begin to gradually heal the rifts that she wasn't able to articulate. She was still intensely camera-shy as a tourist, but with an indirect help from the people she met and with an incredible amount of self-reflection, Anja realized the self-hatred that lingered within her as a result of her infamous career and the 32nd World Hit Festival. She knew that her legacy was nothing more than just an artist who had a failed resurrection of a career, but there was no other career that she'd have. Anja, for better or worse, learned how to love herself even if Anja hated some of the parts that she would become. The inner prophecy of being an artist you don't want to be came true in her mind, but it was still her.

That realization in a summer day in Kasin was what allowed Anja to feel comfortable writing a song confronting a demon that she never thought she had to face, herself. She deliberately tried to spark this writing process by facing her harshest online critics face-to-face. She saw how some called her songwriting superficial and mediocre, how her singing voice was like chalk, to even where some found her story unbearable and a way to ask for pity. Anja knew that she had unintentionally marketed herself as a basketcase, despite the very real heartbreak in losing one's autonomy in the unforgiving Izmeduan music industry. That Izmeduan sense of self-reliance had rang true in each comment she read.

I have no sympathy, no empathy for this woman. Her circumstances were real, but I lose respect when you milk it. Genuine or not, she does not have grace.

Anja forgot who wrote that comment, but in a way, she knew they were right. She knew her actions could be taken as fishing for a sympathy that could well be not there. It was a direct attack against “Rise Again,” and she knew how desperate she was to have someone relate to it. Hell, it was most of her public personae leading up to its participating festival. She desired that pity, under the guise of overdue attention. However, it was one of those odd moments where people knew whose dues were due, and Anja's lack of industry experience shined through. What was once supposed to be an easy heartwarming moment turned to an emperor with no clothes moment for Anja, with Anja being the naked emperor.

She knew no emotional restraint, and like it or not, Anja had to accept that. “Anger” was the resulting product out of this turmoil. Even though she was still uncomfortable with accepting parts of her, she acknowledged that she had a side of wanting attention, and had to be comfortable with her constant desire for fame as a singer. She hated that side actively, knowing it put her on the same level as her manager. She wrote a grammar mistake-laden manifesto to RTI when she submitted “Anger” for Izmepisma consideration, knowing it was a pile of excuses to try and justify herself. From industry insiders, she knew that the field for that Izmepisma was not strong, and she ran second despite being a figure that tested the country's patience.

She knew that the field was even thinner for Izmedu's WHF35 prospects, and that Anja was a failsafe option as RTI's WHF team could not find a suitable artist to represent the country. It was another chapter of being faced with an uncaring crowd. This time, Anja stayed silent. She didn't give in-depth interviews of her past, nor did she comment on her song at all. She desired media silence. Despite this, the Izmeduan public considered WHF35 a throw in the towel festival for the overseeing nation, considering that RTI had exhausted far more resources hosting WHF34 than realized. Anja's ballad was the 'we are not hosting this again' song if past results are to be taken as a guide.

In Junterapten, all Anja had was a shoestring delegation which mostly consisted of her own management. She largely financed the whole operation on her own. In Britonisea, she felt like a stranger with no footing. With her performance slot up, she sighed...

I'm on my own now...

Stage lights billowed down to the center at the advent of the Izmeduan entry. Anja was situated at Island Two (the Lost Island) and would remain there for all of the entry. After a few moments of silence, a ghostly white light begin to shine down on Anja, a silhouette of her looking down appearing towards the viewers at home. Introductory piano chords heralded the beginning of the song as the camera faded to a close up of Anja, circling around her as the light began to illuminate her by the second. She was revealed to be wearing this outfit, and her eyes were closed and face downwards. Timed at the right moment, Anja looked up, opened her eyes, and began to sing into the microphone she was holding.

I know that the worst is through
But all this hurt isn't finished with me
Oh... All these lies I told to myself
I can smile in the mirror, but the tears don't lose

With illusory camera effects and a lighting trick, the camera emphasized wide shots to make Anja look alone in the First Direct Arena. Wisps of ghostly light danced around the arena as most of the camera was centered around Anja's face directly, with her directly singing into the camera for the first verse. Her expression was labored, her eyes arched downwards as she blurred her performing and inner self. Anja's voice was slightly hoarse as it wavered at a few lines, but she remained steady and resolute by the end of the verse. Despite the wisp of inner strength, Anja still looked defeated, holding the microphone with only one hand, her back scrunched forward slightly to the front...

I've faced too much to run away from myself
But it's too easy to never look back
And no matter how far I escape this pain
They always wait until I fall apart

At the hook, Anja changed her vocal tempo as if she were 'speaking' these lines, speaking them to herself as almost a mantra. The camera took a more sideways angle as she was looking up towards the spotlight, before taking on a bird's eye view at the latter half of the hook. The floor on Island Two looked to be 'cracked,' a screen effect in which in those cracks appeared Anja's face. By the fourth line, the camera returned to Anja, her expression gazing into the viewers at home but turning away at the end, in preparation for the chorus.

Gotta let go of anger, anger
I need to know it's okay, okay
I have to be broken
In order to heal, to heal...

She raised her free hand towards the camera, bottling it in anger at the first line of the chorus before letting it go. In the space of a few seconds, evident in the initial grit she sang the chorus, she relaxed her hand, letting go of it in a physical face as her face and voice almost crinkled in a breakdown. Her eyes teared as she sang the rest of the chorus, with especially the third line almost making Anja lose her resolve. During that line on, a haunting backing chorus of singers would accompany Anja's singing, almost turning the affair to an elegy. She had to close her eyes by the fourth line, with it becoming too overwhelming as she closed off with a low note, turning away. At the instrumental interlude, the camera zoomed out, as the viewers witness Anja holding her chest and looking up towards the ceiling. She looked down again, contemplating only for a second before getting ready for the second verse.

I am a foolish girl
Sometimes vengeful, sometimes unknowing
Told all my life I can't change
Yeah, but I've changed what my life was and never stopped

The soft tone, almost husky tone remained for the second verse. Anja sang the first few lines of the second verse with a ghost of a smile in her face, looking bitter and yet almost fond. As the chorus progressed, Anja's melancholia increased as whatever smile faded from her expression, with her vocal delivery becoming more intense as she began to step back. At the fourth line of the verse, the spotlight shined with an even greater intensity coinciding with her belting out that line, almost crouching but remaining steady.

Each step was painful for me
But no matter what, I always found a way to live
I won't fall down, I won't die
It sounds stupid, but I'll face myself head on

At the second half of the verse, Anja sounded especially fragile on the fifth line, looking away from the camera as the line between performer and the inner emotions in her began to blur. However, the raw power that she had to deliver would only serve to be amplified by the emotions she was wearing on her sleeve. At the rest of the lines, she executed them all with powerful belts at the end, unleashing an impassioned and gritty voice that was not seen in her previous World Hit Festival appearance. From the controlled atmosphere of the first half of the second verse, Anja began to let her emotions take the wheel as she couldn't bear to look at the camera. At each belt, her eyes closed as the camera then focused on side, but close views. The instrumentation began to get more intense, the piano building to a climax as the same haunting chorus melody appeared.

I've learned to love the parts of me I hate
To confront every wrongdoing I've done
To face the lies and every due I owe
I'm unfixable, but I accept that

Anja began to step forward as much as she could, given that she was on Island Two. She looked up to the spot light as if speaking to the heavens, in which the camera then faded to an angled bird's eye view. Despite the heartbreak in her more powerful tone, a glint of hope appeared in Anja's eyes as she sang this hook. Even as she may be breaking apart, there was a hope that self-acceptance can truly seep through. By the end of the hook, she faced the audience directly, with the camera fading to a side view.

I have to be broken

For this chorus, Anja stomped around Island Two before having to almost kneel down from the raw power that she was belting out the song with. She carried herself with a far greater intensity, singing the words with a far greater conviction instead of just saying them when she sang the first time. Like an anthem, each of these lyrics became realizations that Anja slowly began to accept. At times, her voice cracked from the raw intensity of it all. The instrumentation reflected the nigh-climactic atmosphere, a stomping beat added to the song creating an atmosphere of a mutuality of pain. At the end of the chorus, the beats disappeared in time for the bridge, and Anja was on her knees.

It's hard, being honest with yourself
It's tough, but I need these lessons
It hurts, so much, but this is what life teaches
Only now, can I forgive myself

Anja was breathing heavily, a pleading tone to her voice as it was on its last straits for the performance. The camera focused on close-ups from the neck up, fading to views from afar at times. She enunciated each line clearly, with her expression betraying the inner turmoil she was experiencing as she sang each one. Each rang with a truth she needed to confront, and this was the moment where a traitor tear began to leak out from Anja's right eye. At the third line, Anja looked up to the spotlight again, with her tears becoming more visible. Despite the tears, Anja put her all in maintaining her vocal fidelity. At the last line, Anja sang looking down, raising a hand up at the bridge's end and holding 'forgive myself...'

I have to be broken

At the start of the final chorus, Anja sang a whistle note as the background chorus sang the first line in place. She put every single ounce of vocal technique and emotionality into that note, her body pushed to its limits as she almost lost track of the song's tempo for a second to take a brief rest as she had held it slightly longer than the studio version. She closed out the chorus with the same intensity as before. At the third line, with the instrumentation receding from its beat-driven intensity, she stood up as the camera focused on her. At the last 'to heal,' she sang it with a broken-ness that went soft in tone, and it was the parting vocal note of the song.

With a deep piano chord, the lights went off and the entry was finished. Anja could only look on, a little bit lost as she took in the crowd at the First Direct Arena.

She was led off the stage.
Last edited by Izmedu on Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF IZMEDU
WorldVision Song Contest - World Hit Festival

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:57 pm

Thanks for the entries. You have around 22 hours to make final adjustments to your entries!

It has been decided that Estogium will perform 1st, and Britonisea will perform 5th - decided by a randomiser.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates