NATION

PASSWORD

Outbreak [IC, UOP Only]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Arstotzmerika
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Outbreak [IC, UOP Only]

Postby Arstotzmerika » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:52 pm

Outbreak

It was a normal evening in Quebec City within the The Order of the EZIC Salt, some minor overcast hanged up in the sky, soon going to rain with a cloud front on its way. However, in a hospital in the city, an average person was being rushed to the Emergency Room. The patient was coughing up blood, which went flying onto the clothes' of the doctors and paramedics, even onto the other people in the hallway and onto the ground. The doctors rammed the mobile bed into the Emergency Room, quickly putting on gloves and masks in an attempt to stabilize the patient. The coughing stopped for a bit, the doctors did their best to save the man's life. He was coming from the airport after having a similar occurrence of coughing up blood suddenly onto two people heading to Engineerinia. In addition to coughing, there was symptoms similar to that of flu, although the similarities were small, meaning this virus was a heavily mutated version of the flu.

The man was surprisingly stabilized successfully for the moment, but dying due to unknown causes later. Quickly, the virus began to spread throughout Quebec City, and eventually across the Saltian-Arstotzmerika Border.

Rules
Posts may be from various perspectives, such as from citizens, news articles, government workers, etc.
Last edited by Arstotzmerika on Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The Order of the EZIC Salt
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Order of the EZIC Salt » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:51 pm

Ontonario, Eveland, The EZIC Salt

Coughing can be heard on the streets. Doctors, walking around, are wearing masks and going in between buildings like a hive of bees. Meanwhile,
an uninfected person stays locked in his room, watching television with his wife.

"Do you think the world is going to end?"
"Now, dear, don't get pessimistic. I'm sure everything will be fine."

Wrapping his arm around her, the two cuddle closely.
The woman begins coughing, and the man begins to back away.

"...dear?"
"cough I- I'm so sorry..."

The woman begins coughing up blood. She looks at the man. The man's look says he knows what is about to happen; and he will grieve.

"Hon..."
"I'm going to miss you, my love."

The woman runs to the window, and jumps out. The man closes his eyes and mourns as a "crack" is heard on the ground below.

Arstotzmerika
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Arstotzmerika » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:03 pm

Saltian-Arstotzmerikan Border Checkpoint

A border patrol guard was standing on duty at the checkpoint, cars were going in and out, other officers doing their duty. One car however drove towards the checkpoint, before stopping in front of it on the EZIC Side. A woman came out of the stopped car, walking towards the checkpoint. She looked like she was in terrible health, before coughing and coughing. The guard walked up to here to help her possibly, only to get coughed up infected blood in his face.

Engineerinia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Engineerinia » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:50 am

Reflu Hospital, Arstotzmerika

"Sir there has to be a cure for this thing" Says Arstotzmerikan doctor John Gray

"Yeah I know that, the question is what" Says Engineerinian Scientest Alfred Von Hindenburg

"Maybe if we throw a bunch of elements at it, we can see what it will do? Like a trail and error thing."

"Prehaps but I think we should be smart about what chemicals we try, we dont want to make it deadly."

"True, prehaps we should try some Bismuth and lead? They are both heavy property's."

"Sure, why not, lets try it."
The German Empire of Engineerinia
"For the Kaiser! Long Live the Empire!"
A MT-PMT German empire covering some of Europe, with many colonies in the Middle East, Africa, India, and the Caribbean NS Stats not used.
National Anthem - National War Songs
In real life I'm not a monarchist, this is just my fun roleplay/NS nation. I am a conservative, republican, capitalist, and a Protestant Christian.
_[' ]_

Here is an alternate version that replaces the name of your nation with your flag minus the symbol on it:

-------------------------

(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature!

Arstotzmerika
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Arstotzmerika » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:24 am

Ottawa, Ontario, Arstotzmerika

The streets of the city had the sounds of an average day, people walking and talking, taxis driving through here and there, other people having a seat in a Starbucks or taking a look inside of a small shop. To any citizen there, it just was simply normal. Yet the next moment, a delivery truck came barreling down the street at high speeds, weaving between cars like a thread and a needle before smashing into a coffee shop. The driver got out of the van, coughing up blood before falling to the floor of the sidewalk. The van's engine was emitting smoke, possibly about to explode. A few people stepped out of the coffee shop while others walked towards the van in both confusion and curiosity. Quickly, a few bodies were found in the side of the coffee shop where the van collided, following an Ambulance arriving on the scene.

Arstotzmerika
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Arstotzmerika » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:08 pm

ANC Newsroom, New York City

"Good Morning everyone. Today, reports of people coughing up blood near the Arstotzmerikan-Saltian Border in towns and cities. Reports extend as far as Ottawa from the border. Doctors have examined only a few of the victims bodies currently, and are still determining this... disease, as they haven't identified what it is but it is being presumed to be a virus. Additionally, victims appear to have a hole or even holes between the blood vessels and the lungs, which causes victims to cough the blood. Possibly, the hole(s) release a copy of the virus made from the destroyed lung cells into the blood, allowing it to spread it to other people that the blood has been coughed onto."

Arstotzmerika
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Arstotzmerika » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:14 pm

Ottawa, Ontario, Arstotzmerika

A group of employees in a skyscraper stood around a TV, eager to see what ANC what to report that day. The anchorman appeared on TV, and spoke to everyone who were tuned to the channel.

"Good Evening fellow Arstotzmerikans. Today, the Governor of Ontario has issued a state of Emergency to Ontario. This comes in light of the discovery that the virus, now named C-341 or Blood Coughing Virus, that in fact the well known blood coughing is actually the last stage of the virus. The first stages appear to have the virus be placed throughout the blood system, but not infect it entirely. Thus, this suggests that it may be possible that the virus can infect via touch, or through liquids."

The employees continued to watch, as the manager came by to check on the people in the building. "What the heck are you people watching?" "ANC, doctors have just discovered the blood coughing part is just in the later stages, and they've given it a name," one of the employees replied. "Well don't get too caught up in it, this is a business after all, not your home." The employees quickly went back to their desks, not wanting to up set the Manager.

The Order of the EZIC Salt
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

St. Angel's Hospital, Greston, EZIC Salt, 10:48 P.M.

Postby The Order of the EZIC Salt » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:22 am

The hospital is filled with somber, steady tones. All is quiet, except for those long, droning sounds. Another one fills the hospital.

"Time of death?" asks Dr. Nixon, the man standing next to the bed says.
"10:48 P.M."

The man looks at the family standing next to the bed, tears in his eyes. He's lost many patients before, but never so many in such a short time. "I'm sorry," he says. "But we haven't found a cure. At least he died warm."

The child, a girl no younger than four, has rivers pouring from her eyes. "But Daddy said that he would always be here for me. He'll come back soon, right?"

Nixon, unsure of what to say, nods solemnly. Turning his back, he mumbles, "Damnit, why haven't you found a cure yet?" His eyes light up, and he asks the family to leave, which they do. He turns to the nurse.

"If I recall correctly, the researchers haven't been able to find a sample of the virus yet." The nurse, nodding, says "It's just too volatile and dies quickly if the host dies."

Nixon takes a syringe and looks inside it. "But it replicates quickly in a live host..."
The nurse looks confused and asks, "What are you planning?"
The doctor opens his phone and sets a course for the nearest research center. "I think I'm gonna be the next guinea pig."
The nurse is wide-eyed. Nixon is one of the most well-known doctors in the country, and the hospitals can't afford to lose him. "Nixon, don't." Grabbing him by the arm, he stares into Nixon's pupils. "I'll do it. You're too valuable to us. Give me the sample, and I'll go."

Nixon reluctantly agrees, and doesn't sleep for the night.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates