NATION

PASSWORD

Ventismar Union[IC][Sunalaya Only]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Felsinia
Attaché

Founded: Jan 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Felsinia » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:04 am

Dèstra Liberèl (LAV), leader of the Liberal Alliance for Ventismar, votes FOR "The Visa Free Entry for Citizens of Sunrisia (VFE4S) (Amended)"

Felsinia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Felsinia » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:22 am

Dèstra Liberèl (LAV), leader of the Liberal Alliance for Ventismar, votes AGAINST "The Mandatory Popular Consultation on Ventismar Union Treaties(MPCVUT) Bill 2015 Amendment I"

Capsland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:55 am

The Democracy Party (VCA), leader of the Ventismar Conservative Alliance, votes FOR The Mandatory Popular Consultation on Ventismar Union Treaties(MPCVUT) Bill 2015 Amendment I
Don't take anything I say seriously... Seriously.
Currently sleeping in the region of Sunalaya

"I drink to forget but I always remember" - Helen the hall monitor

#SingleStateSolution4Ventismar

Capsland
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:21 pm

Ventismar Union Parliament Bill

The Establishment of the Bank of Rural and Coastal Development (EBRCD)

A bill to provide rural and coastal communities the needed funds to fully develop and contribute to the wider society of the member states of the Ventismarian Union.

The Responsibilities of the BRCD
  1. Member states will survey areas needed for development and investment, it is the responsibility of the BRCD to accept the proposals of member states
  2. The BRCD will accept funds from member states in order to carry out developments across the Ventismarian Union
  3. The BRCD must finish whatever development task they have undergone and must not end investment or outsource development if said task is not finished
  4. The BRCD will consult with the respective government departments and offices and offer their expert advice on current developments

Funding the BRCD
  1. It is the duty of member states to contribute to the BRCD
  2. The BRCD will receive the equivalent of 50 million Cappars from each member state
  3. The BRCD can appeal for more funding if needed but the motion must be passed by a 70% majority in the Ventismarian Parliament and ratified by member states
  4. Unused funds shall be split up and returned to the member states in the form of a rebate
  5. The BRCD will not be allowed to invest in businesses in return for shares in said businesses and is equally not allowed to accept donations from any persons, governments or organisations without the approval of the Ventismarian Parliament

Leadership of the BRCD
  1. The BRCD will be governed by a board of directors nominated by the Ventismarian Parliament
  2. The President of the Ventismarian Parliament will get direct reports from the BRCD regarding the actions of the board of directors and the financial information including the ingoings and outgoings
  3. It is the responsibility of the board of directors to ensure that the BRCD stays financial stable and in full operation at all times
  4. The Ventismarian Parliament, President of the Ventismarian Parliament and member states reserve the right to request a member or members of the board of directors to be dismissed.
  5. Dismissal of a member of the board of directors requires a standard majority in the Ventismarian Parliament
  6. The President of the Ventismarian Parliament reserves the right to appoint an emergency board of directors should it be needed in circumstances where the BRCD lacks an operating leadership

Signed,
Alexandros O'Hannigan,
Social Democratic Party, SDAV

Felsinia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Felsinia » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:14 am

"We consider outrageous the demand of a fixed contribution from each member state, for a small-sized country like Felsinia the impact on the government budget would be extremely heavier than it'd be for any other member, also, our size, among many other factors, make Felsinia a country without really underdeveloped communities or vast rural areas in need of fundings, while these situations are naturally more common in larger states. So, you want us to donate a disproportioned amount of money to this bank with literally nothing in return, well, obviously we'll oppose this fraud by any means necessary."
- Martén Bûrg, Parté Sozièl Liberèl, VUSL

Capsland
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:02 pm

"The areas in which the BRCD develop would be up to the member states of the Ventismarian Union. Felsinia will have ample chance to benefit from this organisation just as much as other member states. I am sure the BRCD will be just in their acceptance of contracts from member states as the member states have done so regarding the BRCD's funding. As members of this union have agreed to cooperate and work together, I understand the concerns of my MVP friend. Should these concerns be echoed by the Felsinian government, the bill will be amply amended to create a percentage based system that works for all states."
- Alexandros O'Hannigan, Social Democratic Party, SDAV

Felsinia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Felsinia » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:00 am

"We see no benefit in partaking in this project, and I'm speaking for my party, the governing party of Felsinia, you can try to deny it but our singularity prevents us from recouping such an investment, even if based on GDP percenages, the BRCD would, beyond any doubt, be a financial failure for Felsinia and also a bureaucratic failure for the VU, there's no reason to bring the issue of local underdevelopment to the attention of the VU, only states, regions and municipalities together have the means to intervene effectively.
A VU bank would be too distant from the actual problems of a delimited territory for doing something different from distributing money, it'd lack an overall view of the communities in their regional and national context, as well as the power to preserve the results obtained once the funding program is finished."
- Martén Bûrg, Parté Sozièl Liberèl, VUSL

YouVentismar (TUL) votes AGAINST "The Mandatory Popular Consultation on Ventismar Union Treaties(MPCVUT) Bill 2015 Amendment I"
Vird (TUL) votes AGAINST "The Mandatory Popular Consultation on Ventismar Union Treaties(MPCVUT) Bill 2015 Amendment I"
Last edited by Felsinia on Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Allentyr
Minister

Founded: Jun 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Allentyr » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:05 pm

"I see no reason for my country to be involved in this project of yours. We initially joined the VU to improve trade for our nation, not be forced into developing some backwards communities in another country for no gain. As a representative of my country's people, I have to put my own nation above all others and I urge other Allentyrians present to do the same."
- Dennis Bergan, Allenske Folkeparti (VCA)

Allenske Folkeparti (VCA) votes AGAINST "The Establishment of the Bank of Rural and Coastal Development (EBRCD)"
Allentyr Først (VS) votes AGAINST "The Establishment of the Bank of Rural and Coastal Development (EBRCD)"
Socialdemokratiske Parti (SDAV) votes FOR "The Establishment of the Bank of Rural and Coastal Development (EBRCD)"
Frihedsparti (LAV) votes AGAINST "The Establishment of the Bank of Rural and Coastal Development (EBRCD)"
Allenske Grøn Parti (TUL) votes FOR "The Establishment of the Bank of Rural and Coastal Development (EBRCD)"

^ Just push this down into the future because I am not redoing this ^
Last edited by Allentyr on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steam
Blazedtown wrote:I'll spell reaganomincs in your bathroom mirror in blood, and remove minorities from from your family photo albums

Sediczja wrote:
Basseemia wrote:You sound gross. Learn some hygiene.

Hey, showering is for little girls. You're not a real man until the rot on your crotch is an inch thick.

Mefpan wrote:I don't think we need a source to prove that the economy is interconnected and doesn't run on muahahahaium, the secret element that comes into existence whenever someone hatches a nefarious plan.

Emperial Germany wrote:
Greater Weselton wrote:Would you like her to show up in your bedroom at 3:00 A.M. in full witch attire?

Would you like me to show up in your bedroom at 3:00 A.M in full Joker attire?

Ventismar Union
Secretary

Founded: May 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ventismar Union » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:16 am

VUP Voting Session, 18th of August
Verdict |

The Visa Free Entry for Citizens of Sunrisia (VFE4S) Bill proposed by Peter Hartens of the Liberale Partij, LAV passes with a 440 votes in favour and 40 votes against with no abstainees.

- The Mandatory Popular Consultation on Ventismar Union Treaties(MPCVUT) Bill Amendment I proposed by Edmée Arnaude of the Les Social-Démocrates, SDAV is currently under voting with 205 votes in favour, 115 votes against and 160 on the fence.

- The Establishment of the Bank of Rural and Coastal Development (EBRCD) Bill proposed by Alexandros O'Hannigan of the Social Democratic Party, SDAV is currently under debate and editing.

- For the complete report on the votes please see the Ventismar Union Parliament Structure and voting history spreadsheet.

Est Ventismara nunc unita et unita maneat

#SevenStateSolution4BogrealJoguestine

Felsinia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Felsinia » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:16 am

Parté Sozièl Liberèl (VUSL) votes AGAINST "The Mandatory Popular Consultation on Ventismar Union Treaties(MPCVUT) Bill 2015 Amendment I"

Felsinia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Felsinia » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:57 am

The Establishment of the Bank of Rural and Coastal Development (EBRCD) Amendment I

Description unchanged

Article unchanged

Funding the BRCD
  1. Bullet unchanged
  2. The BRCD will have an annual budget of 300 million Ventis, provided by the member states proportionally to their GDPs
  3. The BRCD can appeal for more funding if needed but the motion must be [] ratified by member states
  4. Bullet unchanged
  5. Bullet unchanged

Leadership of the BRCD
Article unchanged

Original Author,
Alexandros O'Hannigan,

Signed,
Paulîne Prêti,
YouVentismar, TUL

The Establishment of the Bank of Rural and Coastal Development (EBRCD) Amendment II

Description unchanged

Article unchanged

Funding the BRCD
  1. Member states are the contributors of the BRCD, a member state can decide to opt out of the BRCD, provisionally or permanently, unless a development task in that country is in progress
  2. Bullet unchanged
  3. Bullet unchanged
  4. Bullet unchanged
  5. Bullet unchanged

Leadership of the BRCD
Article unchanged

Original Author,
Alexandros O'Hannigan,

Signed,
Sabrîna Port Amrèa,
Parté Sozièl Liberèl, VUSL

Felsinia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Felsinia » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:00 am

Dèstra Liberèl (LAV), leader of the Liberal Alliance for Ventismar, votes FOR "The Establishment of the Bank of Rural and Coastal Development (EBRCD) Amendment I"
Dèstra Liberèl (LAV), leader of the Liberal Alliance for Ventismar, votes AGAINST "The Establishment of the Bank of Rural and Coastal Development (EBRCD) Amendment II"

Capsland
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

The Democracy Party (VCA), leader of the Ventismar Conservative Alliance, votes FOR The Establishment of the Bank of Rural and Coastal Development (EBRCD) Amendment I

The Democracy Party (VCA), leader of the Ventismar Conservative Alliance, votes AGAINST The Establishment of the Bank of Rural and Coastal Development (EBRCD) Amendment II

Felsinia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Felsinia » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:59 am

The Establishment of the Bank of Rural and Coastal Development (EBRCD) Amendment I proposed by Paulîne Prêti of YouVentismar, TUL passes with 275 votes in favour, 0 votes against and 205 abstainees.

The Establishment of the Bank of Rural and Coastal Development (EBRCD) Amendment II proposed by Sabrîna Port Amrèa of Parté Sozièl Liberèl, VUSL is rejected with 107 votes in favour, 216 votes against and 157 abstainees.

- For the complete report on the votes please see the Ventismar Union Parliament Structure and voting history spreadsheet.

Dèstra Liberèl (LAV), leader of the Liberal Alliance for Ventismar, votes FOR "The Establishment of the Bank of Rural and Coastal Development (EBRCD)"

Lindenholt
Minister

Founded: Oct 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenholt » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:30 am

"Seeing how the SDAV have not made an effort to address our and our LAV colleagues' concerns, VUSL will not be in favour of "The Mandatory Popular Consultation on Ventismar Union Treaties(MPCVUT) Bill 2015 Amendment I".
-Dirk Paulensma, Unie van Democraten, VUSL

Unie van Democraten (VUSL), leader of the Ventismarien Union of Social Liberals, votes AGAINST on "The Mandatory Popular Consultation on Ventismar Union Treaties(MPCVUT) Bill 2015 Amendment I"

Unie van Democraten (VUSL), leader of the Ventismarien Union of Social Liberals, votes FOR on "The Establishment of the Bank of Rural and Coastal Development (EBRCD) Amendment II"

Groen Progressieven (TUL), leader of The United Left, votes FOR on "The Mandatory Popular Consultation on Ventismar Union Treaties(MPCVUT) Bill 2015 Amendment I"

Groen Progressieven (TUL), leader of The United Left, votes FOR on "The Establishment of the Bank of Rural and Coastal Development (EBRCD) Amendment II"
For information: http://iiwiki.us/wiki/Lindenholt
Come to Sunalaya, you'll enjoy it! Sunalaya
This user supports a single state solution for Ventismar.

New Paris 2014, never forget
This user supports a seven state solution for Bograel-Joguestine.

Ripuaria
Envoy

Founded: May 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ripuaria » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:58 am

Nouveaux Unionistes (VS), leader of the Ventismar Sovereignties, votes AGAINST on "The Mandatory Popular Consultation on Ventismar Union Treaties(MPCVUT) Bill 2015 Amendment I"

Nouveaux Unionistes (VS), leader of the Ventismar Sovereignties, votes FOR on "The Establishment of the Bank of Rural and Coastal Development (EBRCD) Amendment II"

Les Social-Démocrates (SDAV), leader of the Social Democrats Alliance for Ventismar, votes FOR on "The Mandatory Popular Consultation on Ventismar Union Treaties(MPCVUT) Bill 2015 Amendment I"

Les Social-Démocrates (SDAV), leader of the Social Democrats Alliance for Ventismar, votes AGAINST on "The Establishment of the Bank of Rural and Coastal Development (EBRCD) Amendment II"
Last edited by Ripuaria on Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Only high quality posts are provided here!*
*For complains TG me so I could ignore you :3

Felsinia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Felsinia » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:11 pm

The vote ended 3 days ago

Ventismar Union
Secretary

Founded: May 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ventismar Union » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:17 pm

VUP Voting Session, 26th of August
Verdict |

The Mandatory Popular Consultation on Ventismar Union Treaties(MPCVUT) Bill 2015
Amendment I
proposed by Edmée Arnaude, Les Social-Démocrates, SDAV passes with a 264 votes in favour, 176 votes against and 40 abstainees

The Establishment of the Bank of Rural and Coastal Development (EBRCD) Amendment I proposed by Paulîne Prêti, YouVentismar, TUL passes with a 333 votes in favour, 147 votes against and no abstainees

The Establishment of the Bank of Rural and Coastal Development (EBRCD) Bill proposed by Alexandros O'Hannigan of the Social Democratic Party, SDAV was dropped by the parliament committee in favour of its amendments

The Establishment of the Bank of Rural and Coastal Development (EBRCD) Amendment II proposed by Sabrîna Port Amrèa, Parté Sozièl Liberèl, VUSL fails to pass with a 206 votes in favour, 274 votes against and no abstainees

! Some members of the VU are only active on weekends meaning that there is a whole week between their posts making them unable to vote three days after proposals, so contrary to The Ventismarian Parliament's Voting Procedure (VPVP) Bill voting continues for these people even after the periods are over. People who can't vote on time should telegram to the moderator to be granted this exception.

Est Ventismara nunc unita et unita maneat

#SevenStateSolution4BogrealJoguestine

Lindenholt
Minister

Founded: Oct 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenholt » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:45 pm

Felsinia wrote:The vote ended 3 days ago

sssssssssh
For information: http://iiwiki.us/wiki/Lindenholt
Come to Sunalaya, you'll enjoy it! Sunalaya
This user supports a single state solution for Ventismar.

New Paris 2014, never forget
This user supports a seven state solution for Bograel-Joguestine.

Felsinia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Felsinia » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:22 am

The Ventismarian Parliament's Voting Procedure (VPVP) Amendment I

Description unchanged

Timing of the Discussion
  1. Bullet unchanged
  2. Bullet unchanged
  3. The discussion of bills and relative amendmends lasts until 48h after the latest innovative intervention.
  4. Bullet unchanged

Voting Format
Article unchanged

Vote Format
Article unchanged

Timing of the Vote
  1. Bullet unchanged
  2. The vote of amendments lasts until either 24h after all the alliance leaders have voted or 96h (4 days) after the latest vote or voting intention has been casted.
  3. Bullet unchanged
  4. The vote of a bill lasts until either 24h after all the alliance leaders have voted or 144h (6 days) after the latest vote or voting intention has been casted.

Original Author,
Hervé Tasciôni
Vird, TUL

Signed,
Frêdo Edfranzàssc
Dèstra Liberèl, LAV

Capsland
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:42 am

Police and Anti-Terror Cooperation Act (PATCA)

A bill to provide further cooperation and intelligence sharing across national borders in order to protect and defend VU citizens and member states from acts of terror and serious crime.

Process of Integration of Police and Crime Intelligence
  1. A unified body for the prevention of crime and terror shall be organised from existing separate police and anti-terror forces in member states in order to provide VU-wide protection from internal and external threats.
  2. The separate agencies that already exist in member states will continue to be independent and sovereign in their own right and not altered by the VU or the new unified body. They may help and share intelligence with member state as well as the unified body but are not obligated to disclose sensitive information that could be deemed a threat to national security.
  3. Member states will designate the appropriate persons to sent to an annual security summit hosted in the VU parliament building to discuss matters of security and peaces. The hosting of the summit can be altered at any point during the year.

Role of the Unified Body
  1. The unified body - named VentiPol - will be responsible for stopping terror incidents from reaching the borders of the VU.
  2. VentiPol will be able to cooperate with national agencies for purposes relating to stopping terrorism and major crimes from being committed in member states.
  3. This cooperation may include but is not limited to: Training, Intelligence sharing, Overseeing, etc.

Ventipol Funding
  1. Ventipol will have a flexible budget of 450 million Ventis provided proportionally by member states according to their GDPs.
  2. This budget can be altered by any act of parliament with a standard >50% majority.

Signed,
Alexandro O'Hannigan,

Felsinia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Felsinia » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:31 am

Dèstra Liberèl (LAV), leader of the Liberal Alliance for Ventismar, votes FOR the "Police and Anti-Terror Cooperation Act (PATCA)"

Capsland
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:29 am

The Democracy Party (VCA), leader of the Ventismar Conservative Alliance, votes FOR The "Police and Anti-Terror Cooperation Act (PATCA)"

Capsland
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:11 am

Ventismar Union Treaty

Ventismarian-Rhodeve Partnership Deal (VentiRho/VRPD)

A treaty to eliminate tariffs on goods originating in The United Kingdoms of Rhodevus destined for the Ventismarian Union and the elimination of tariffs on goods originating in the Ventismarian Union destined for The United Kingdoms of Rhodevus

Elimination of Tariffs
  1. All current tariffs applied by Ventismarian Union member states on Rhodeve goods will be nullified in favour of a 0-0.5% tariff.

Altering the VentiRho Treaty
  1. The Ventismarian Union reserves the right to alter this treaty at any time by a standard 50% majority in parliament.
  2. Tariff percentages and specified goods can be altered within the treaty by a standard 50% majority within parliament.
  3. The treaty can only be internationally recognised with the consent and ratification of member parties i.e the Ventismarian Union and the United Kingdoms of Rhodevus

Goods Specifically Included
  1. This treaty applies to: foodstuffs, vehicles, consumer goods, machinery, agriculture equipment, metal ores, precious metals, precious gems and uranium. (This is a non-exhaustive list)
  2. All goods sold and traded between the Ventismarian Union and the United Kingdoms of Rhodevus MUST meet Ventismarian Union trading standards and regulations and must be lawful under the laws of the Ventismarian Parliament

Signed,
Alexandros O'Hannigan,

Ventismar Union Treaty

Ventismarian-Belantican Partnership Deal (VentiBel/VBPD)

A treaty to eliminate tariffs on goods originating in The Allied Sates of Belantica destined for the Ventismarian Union and the elimination of tariffs on goods originating in the Ventismarian Union destined for The Allied Sates of Belantica

Elimination of Tariffs
  1. All current tariffs applied by Ventismarian Union member states on Belantican goods will be nullified in favour of a 0-0.5% tariff.

Altering the VentiBel Treaty
  1. The Ventismarian Union reserves the right to alter this treaty at any time by a standard 50% majority in parliament.
  2. Tariff percentages and specified goods can be altered within the treaty by a standard 50% majority within parliament.
  3. The treaty can only be internationally recognised with the consent and ratification of member parties i.e the Ventismarian Union and the Allied Sates of Belantica

Goods Specifically Included
  1. This treaty applies to: foodstuffs, vehicles, consumer goods, machinery, agriculture equipment, metal ores, precious metals, precious gems and uranium. (This is a non-exhaustive list)
  2. All goods sold and traded between the Ventismarian Union and the Allied States of Belantica MUST meet Ventismarian Union trading standards and regulations and must be lawful under the laws of the Ventismarian Parliament

Signed,
Alexandros O'Hannigan,
Last edited by Capsland on Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Felsinia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Felsinia » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:15 am

Dèstra Liberèl (LAV), leader of the Liberal Alliance for Ventismar, votes FOR the "Ventismarian-Rhodeve Partnership Deal (VentiRho/VRPD)"
Dèstra Liberèl (LAV), leader of the Liberal Alliance for Ventismar, votes FOR the "Ventismarian-Belantican Partnership Deal (VentiBel/VBPD)"
Parté Sozièl Liberèl (VUSL) votes FOR the "Police and Anti-Terror Cooperation Act (PATCA)"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates