NATION

PASSWORD

A Marriage That Was Put Off For Too Long (Sunalaya Only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Belantica
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

A Marriage That Was Put Off For Too Long (Sunalaya Only)

Postby Belantica » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:25 pm

It been been over seven years since Viktoria Kellner, a Rezuan redhead who fought as a soldier in a civil war to hold her homeland together, and Karen Pearson, a former skilled police detective in a major city turned elected monarch after the events of the December Uprising. Some can say how they met was a "right place at the wrong time" or vice versa, however one wants to put it is entirely up for debate, but that's not the point, isn't it? Anyway, what end up happening was Pearson was sent on a paid vacation, as the department she worked for thought she needed it after a very long and costly case, which left her to basically go somewhere for a couple months to use up that time off. Even though it was thought to be a relaxing retreat from the summer heat in the Rezuan winter, Karen ends up arriving right when the civil war broke out, and almost was captured to be used as ransom to better the side of the rebels. Luckily for her, Viktoria seemingly jumped out of nowhere and made quick work of the kidnappers, through the use of bullets. At that point, Karen decided to join her newly found friend and liberator, and began yet another weapons collection to not only help bring back peace, but also to enact her own revenge that was bound to happen at some point, as she's not a forgiving person and would love nothing more than to simply rid of her foes. During this time, they actually got close to each other for the first time, both of them showing signs of affection.

After this civil war, Viktoria took a bold move and made the efforts to get through the red tape and strictness of Belantic immigration, and with help from Karen, was able to get a job as a police officer in Ventura, seeing how military experience is useful in a city that has a crime problem. By this time, Pearson earned her stripes and went back to work as a detective in the organized crime division. During this time, they didn't live with one another, as the cost of space wasn't through the roof back in the early 2010's thanks to a combination of problems that neither the city government or the public wanted to addressed. Soon after, Karen offered Viktoria to move in with her, as a way to let her go back to her original passion of making handcrafted jewelry and medieval weaponry, something LARPers will drop loads of money on without question. It was during this time when they really began to learn about each other, and begun seeing themselves as soulmates rather than your typical lesbian couple. Eventually, as Karen continued climbing the ladder of the VPD's brass, Viktoria was reassigned to the precinct that Karen was put in command of, and became very persistent in their profession. As time rolled on, both of them grew together, and found out that they were effective at balancing out each other's flaws. They had considered marriage many times, but financial constraints prevented them from doing so, as well as a policy within the department preventing it, and neither of them wanted to quit working to satisfy a rule, so the result was they remained as lovers without marrying.

Fast forward to late 2016, and the republic that was the Allied States started on it's demise, when most of the bad started to surface in a man, which led to a rather interesting coup. Some supported the old republic, while others wanted a new government, and the new government won by a vast majority. During this, Karen became a prominent figure in the political and military scene, and was already an established name across the nation in the law enforcement community (which many joke that the police is the largest branch of the government), with both her and Viktoria serving as vital commanders for winning the coup in the favor of a better Belantica, and as a result, earned a reputation of providing a confident and persistent leadership needed for the survival of Belantica as a sovereign state. And as a result, Karen's name was being hurled around, and the people chose her as the new head of state, replacing VP O'Hare. Inspired by Rhodevus and Rezua, she decided to form a monarchy based around the Belantic Republic system, and thus the Royal States was born. Now that neither of them were serving in the VPD, it opened the door from marriage, and after months of planning and holding Prime Minister Mohoney's feet to the fire, it was set for July 10th.

Now we jump to July 10th, a rather chilly morning in Center City, but it felt peaceful. The streets of the city bustled with office workers making their way to work, taxis and buses effortlessly slicing through traffic, and many shops opening up for the morning rush. For the average person in Center City, it was just another day in the capital doing whatever they do for a living. Across the set of bridges in Albany City, dubbed "Center City's Big Brother", lied the Pier 47 Cruise Terminal. Any other time of year, cruiseships would use this facility, but today it had the Genesis docked alongside the building, a large yacht that Queen Karen chose as the venue. It wasn't supposed to be a large reception, with really only both of the women's families and close friends attending, as well as foreign dignitaries invited to the wedding, and not to mention a handful of journalists who want to put this event on the front page of whoever they work for's papers or websites.

At 6 in the morning, Karen was already awake, she of course, was rather nervous, and didn't sleep well, not to mention that in the midst of it, the rest of the world was falling into another crisis, while Belantica continued the "ignorance is bliss" technique to forget about the current state of the world, preferring to stay distracted with everyday life and entertainment. But, she didn't let it stop her, she knew that it was time to marry the woman that she loved and cared for the most in her life. Viktoira was not present, as she was visiting with her family prior, and she wasn't used to not having her by her side when resting. But, it is what it is, and Karen had to accept that. She had picked out the night before what she would wear at the alter- her formal uniform from the days when she was still a police officer, as it wasn't too extravagant, but still elegant when worn. But, she had it packed away in a dry cleaning bag, hanging on one of the coat hooks inside of Regal One so it wouldn't get any damage from the elements. Keeping it intact is one thing she is very finicky over, and decided it would be best to put it on once aboard the yacht, while wearing a very generic outfit of a button-down shirt, khakis, and a bomber jacket beforehand, mainly for privacy reasons, as Karen personally didn't like dealing with the very invasive press, but it wouldn't matter as they were already waiting at Pier 47 and what Regal One looks like, being one of the few limousines that doesn't need to carry license plates. She looked out over the bay towards the tall buildings of AC, as the lights slowly went dim as dawn drawed closer and closer. By 7, Karen got into Regal One, and the small motorcade made it's way towards the bridges that carried the Capital Freeway between the two cities. It took about an half hour to cross, as for some damn reason, the Port Authority thought it would be a good day to do bridge work. At 7:30, the motorcade pulled up, and Karen got out of Regal One, with her uniform carried like a business jacket, and went inside the terminal building. The outside of Pier 47 was an old brick structure, but the inside looked like a modern luxury hotel, and the hollowness made noises echo off every surface. She then stood around and talked with the staff for awhile, before using one of the boarding bridges to get onto the yacht. Once on board, Karen went into the nearest room to hang up the uniform, and she made sure everything was still in the right place and nothing was even dirtied or damaged. Once she was done looking it over, she took it out of the bag and hanged it inside the room's closet, and she smiled at it for all the hard work she's done to get to this point, a moment when she knew that her life seemed to be falling into the right place at the right time. She then sat down in a chair, and started reading emails on her smartphone, just because she was getting married, doesn't mean her job as queen of a economic powerhouse can be put off for too long, but she knew that wrapping up a little bit of work would be helpful, so she won't have to worry too much when she and Viktoria will be rejoicing in one of their happiest moments together.
Automobile, guns, capitalism, democracy, environment, equality, science, legalized marijuana, ethical corporations, small businesses
Bicycle, communism, fascism, logging, racism, sexism, religion, war (except when necessary), Trump's stupidity, unethical corporations, Monsanto, Wal-Mart
Note: NS stats don't reflect the nation, the factbook will do that.
Now hooked on JDM, old American sedans, the chronic, and Super Eurobeat
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-Hunter S. Thompson
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:28 pm

Pier 47

"Back in my day we weren't screwing our betrothed until the wedding night. And we also used a proper church. Lord, the way the youths do things just makes my head spin." complained Grandma Edith Kellner. As an after thought, she smiled at her grandchildren and said "Grandma's nerves make her cuss more than she should. Always mind your cussin'. She was an aging old woman, once muscular, was now shriveled and leathery. Grandma Kellner had worked in a factory during the Tyrant's War (or as most of the world called it, The Second World War) and had been an imposing figure both physically and mentally. Her tongue was razor sharp and was leveled against anyone who opposed her worldly wisdom and direction. She also had a bit of a cussin' problem.

While Grandma Kellner was a bit of a pain, Viktoria considered her a solid foundation in her life. After all, it was Grandma Kellner who first met Karen. At the time, Viktoria had no idea who else to announce her homosexuality to. Her father was considered a conservative man and her mother always hoped to have grandchildren from Viktoria. Her older brother Alfred wasn't at home anymore, and her younger sister Eve may not understand Viktoria's sexuality at a young age. Grandma Kellner gave nothing but support when she knew that Viktoria was happy. Thankfully, when Viktoria told her parents, they too were understanding, albeit surprised.

Viktoria turned in her seat to look at her parents, Julia and Thomas. They seemed to be just as emotional as Grandma Kellner. Even though one child had already been married, it was still hard to watch one's child begin their own family. Viktoria felt her own eyes water as she leaned over to wipe her mother's face clear of tears. "Mom," the redhead said "it's okay, I'm not going to disappear." Despite her words, Viktoria couldn't stop the knot in her stomach from tightening. She had lived away from home for several years now but somehow marriage seemed to compound that distance. The snowy white veil that covered Viktoria's face concealed those few tears. It did not, however, hide the white smile that was clued onto her face.

When the Kellners arrived on the pier, they lead Viktoria to a waiting cabin. Afterall, they were traditionalists who believed it was bad luck if the groom saw the bride before the ceremony...or in this case if the bride saw the bride. They took notice of the lone Rezuan ambassador who sat among the seats to await the ceremony, Rebeka Lizabont.
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Belantica
Diplomat

Postby Belantica » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:00 am

Pier 47
A longshoreman noticed the Rezauan ambassador, but knew that she was waiting for either the queen, the prime minister, or Cindy Pearson to discuss business with them. He then watched as another longshoreman almost take a plunge right off the edge of the dock and into the chilly waters of the bay, thanks to being distracted by a mobile phone game involving walking around and collecting monsters. He went over to the other worker and said, "You gotta stop playing that shit at work, because you don't wanna swim in the harbor this time of year." The young one nodded, and closed the game before saying, "Maybe I should play this game when I'm not on a dock or near water." they both laughed, then walked down the pier alongside the yacht. Their job was to make sure it was still moored correctly, and that nobody was near it that shouldn't be.

Soon, a small convoy of black vehicles came in. Prime Minister Edward Mahoney arrived, as it was his yacht the queen and Viktoria was using for their wedding. He was rather nervous, as even for a man standing at 6'2", he still felt intimidated by Karen, as she forced him to let them use his yacht and never run for office again rather than jailing him and selling it off, like she knew that the pushover of a PM would not last a minute in prison. As a result, he came prepared to be either scolded or ordered around. Edward then went inside the building, and saw Rebeka sitting, waiting for the call for the reception. He then took a seat near her and said, "It's a pleasure to see you here on this fine winter's day, Madame. I'm the Prime Minister, and as you can see, I'm here because I've been put on notice because I've bought *while pointing in the direction of the yacht* that boat." He was rather ashamed of it, because even if you've been forgiven, it was never a good idea to blow government money on personal affairs, especially a multi-million Mon luxury yacht that spends more time docked than out at sea.

Back out in the parking lot, another small convoy of vehicles rolled in, consisting of a mid-60's station wagon and a wine red SUV. It meant that Karen's parents, Kendrick and Molly, and her sisters Cindy and Laura have arrived. They took their time getting out of the cars, as her parents were getting old and needed the extra time to make sure they didn't hurt themselves by being in a rush. As Karen's parents and older sister went towards the cabin, Cindy hanged back, mainly to talk with Mohoney and Lizabont relating to state affairs over the next month. "Good morning you two," Cindy said in a voice that was cheerful, albeit tired, "Hopefully we're not going to be holding each other up for too long. I just came by to check in with the guests, and to handle any business that needs to be addressed, since..." she paused and took a deep breath, "I'll be filling in for my sister as the acting queen for the next month or so, because Karen shouldn't always tie herself down with work and go spend time with her soon-to-be wife, as I always thought she pushed herself too hard."

Karen's Cabin
Kendrick, Karen's father, walked up to the cabin door in which her daughter was using, and knocked on it a few times. "Hello? Are you in there K?" he said. "Don't be silly," Molly said to her husband, "One of the workers here said that she is in this room. Soon, there was the sound of a person walking towards the door coming from the inside, and not a second later, the door opened, and behind it stood the queen, still wearing her street clothes. Karen then smiled, and pulled both of her parents in for a hug. "It's been a long time," Karen said, "and I'm glad I'm able to see you two again." "I've missed you too," said her father, "I thought we'd never seen this day, and now it's finally here!" They stood in the doorway for a good couple of minutes, and then went inside. Molly looked over the cabin, and then her eyes were caught by the uniform hanging in the closet. "So, you're wearing, that thing," she said sounding slightly critical, "I mean, I was going to let you use my wedding dress, but I'm fine with you wearing what you find comfortable." Karen stood there for a minute, "Well, it's what I'm used to wearing regardless, and you guys always joked about how I acted more like a boy than a girl when I was little." They all chuckled. Karen then went over to Laura, her older sister, "Long time, no see." she said to her, "The same to you as well," Laura replied, "and you've changed a lot since we last seen each other five years ago." Then all 4 of them sat around a small table, Kendrick lit up a cigar, Molly was fiddling with her various rings she had on, and Laura took out a white box from the bag she was carrying. "I went ahead and got you and your wife a gift, Karen," Laura said, "I think you two would like what I've brought. Karen then inspected the box, "It's kind of hard to take a peek inside, what's in it?" she said.

"I'm not much of a spoiler," Laura replied, "But what I will tell you is inside, there are 3 unique pieces, of which those can only go together, no other set piece would work." Karen then looked puzzled. "Hmmm, is it some type of jewelry you've had made?" "Close," said Laura, "but I will say that two of these pieces will help you and Viktoria keep track of the time and date." "So, a fine set of watches," Karen said, " I bet they are custom made if they're coming in a box sealed up tight." Laura nodded and smiled, "Only the best for my little sister." Karen then gave Laura a hug, "Thank you, we'll make sure to use them."

Kendrick then cleared his throat. "Also," he began, "You mother and I want to give you a few things that have been passed down through the family, because I'm starting to get old, and I want these hierlooms to go to someone I know will look after them, well, some of them would be going to Laura and Cindy as well, as Doug..." Karen then asked, "What about Douglas? Is he even back from wherever he ran off to?" Molly shrugged " Nope, he's still nowhere to be found, and I know he's alive and well, but he just doesn't keep in contact anymore." Karen nodded, "He'll turn up someday, I don't know when." Then, one of the staff knocked on the door, "Madame Queen, Mr. and Mrs. Pearson, I was just informed that Robert is still going to be running a little late, because he's apparently has caused a stir-up at D'Angelo International Airport, over I believe getting a livery down here." Karen then put her hand over her face and shook her head Damnit, why does he have to make scene she thought to herself. "Okay, just send one of my vehicles over to get him, and tell them that I'm sorry for any tie-ups they might've had." The staff member nodded, "Yes Madame Queen, well send over a black car to get up immediately, we'll also inform him and the airport about it." He then walked out and proceed to make some phone calls to send a car to get Robert, Karen's aging grandfather.
Automobile, guns, capitalism, democracy, environment, equality, science, legalized marijuana, ethical corporations, small businesses
Bicycle, communism, fascism, logging, racism, sexism, religion, war (except when necessary), Trump's stupidity, unethical corporations, Monsanto, Wal-Mart
_[' ]_

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:10 pm

Pier 47

If it were up to her, Viktoria would have thrown this dead-beat out of her wedding. Prime Minister Edward Mahoney was the kind of slimy son of a bitch that was all-too-common in Belantcia. Though, Viktoria realized corruption was treated different in Belantica than Rezua. And since Belantica was her home now, she had to try to fit in. She looked to the Prime Minister with an even face. "Well, I won't deny that it's a sweet boat, however, the means in which it was obtained are questionable. I'm pleased you've agreed to put it to better use. A boat for one man is a toy. A boat for many men could possibly change...something. I do hope you take your second chance to heart Mr. Mahoney. They are high-priced and rare. But they are often worth it." Viktoria, while tough and stern, had a hard time beating down on people who were already at rock bottom. That still didn't mean she liked him being at her wedding though.

A woman bumped into Viktoria and apologized quickly. She was taller and had golden hair in an elaborate braid. In her arms was a sleeping baby girl. Viktoria knew she knew the woman from somewhere but couldn't remember. The woman didn't give her much time to guess, as she was soon gone. Only after did Viktoria realize that Empress Ymira was at her wedding.

Ymira made her way over to Karen's Cabin and knocked before entering. The young empress was exhausted but put a strained smile on before entering. "Karen!" she greeted "so good to see you. Wait to get a kid in like five years if you value sleep. Aria is an armful." Ymira was aware of Karen's injury, preventing her from having children, which is why she said "get" instead of "have". The young empress took a seat beside the Belantican queen. "So, did you ever think this day would come? I know I never - never truly- was able to picture it. What child could? It is a day remembered like no other. And a night that can never be repeated in the exact same way."

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Belantica
Diplomat

Postby Belantica » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:08 pm

"Good you see you, Empress!" Karen said to Ymira, "It's been awhile since I last saw, let alone talked to you, seeing how your daughter is keeping you busy." she chuckled,"but I'm used to running without sleep, even if I end up slumped over a desk!" Karen then paused for a minute to collect her thoughts about Ymira's question, then proceeded. When I was little, I didn't really give it much thought, I don't think any child thinks about it. Going off and getting married wasn't a huge concern for me, even as I got older. At the time, I thought that marriage was game over, where you get locked into a relationship and have to put down everything you wanted to accomplish. It seemed like an undesirable path for me, being a wife, because my goals were to prove myself as an effective leader rather than being some low housewife. I never thought I would be doing this, let along doing this today, but I'm happy that I'm joining hands with someone that I truly love, adore, and want to care for. I guess you can say our comradeship is very strong, whether it was on a battlefield, in a patrol car, or now in my office. I think fate wanted Viktoria and I to be together, since it all seemed to fall into place, which leads me to believe that soulmates actually exist. Neither of us are the most perfect human beings, but we're perfect for each other, as we are like Yin and Yang, balancing each other out."

Karen then looked at Aria, "And after this, we may try to have our own baby girl, or two, who knows. Kids are a handful, at least that's what my parents told me because I was a handful to begin with. But, it gives us a way to pass down what we know to the next generation to hopefully, not repeat the same mistakes that our generation did or the ones before did. But it will give me a chance to actually put together a proper garden, since I always wanted one. But Aria seems quite well behaved for an infant, which is nice because I really don't like screaming and crying, because it can feel like an icepick being driven into my ears." Karen then sighed, "But, I can tell Aria is naturally a good person, even if she's just a mere baby , and with you as her mother, I think you'll guide her down a good path." She then got up out of her chair and started to prepare her old uniform to wear, once again looking at the polished brass and silver fittings that she had kept looking sharp through the years. She then said, "But today means a lot to me and Viktoria, and I thank you for being here and taking the time to celebrate a day of happiness. And in a way, I have to thank you for helping us get there, if it wasn't for what happened in the past, none of us would be here on this ship right now." She then took the covering off the uniform, and began laying out the pieces on the bed with care. "And yes, I did chose this old thing," she said to Ymira," But, it represents all my work in one outfit. I left it how it was since I left the force not too long ago, keeping it as it is for a special occasion such as this, reminding me that I was once just a police captain with not much going for myself, but I made something out of it." Karen then looked at her watch, "Well, I'm guessing I should put this on, which will take some time, a Sam Browne belt is not the easier thing to put on, but it looks oh so good to the eye! You can stay if you want, I really don't mind, it gives me some company since I don't really get to have conversations much like this anymore."
_[' ]_

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:02 am

Despite Karen's reassurance that she didn't mind, Ymira turned her back to the changing woman. If not to give Karen privacy, but also to remind herself that she was married and shouldn't be seeing any other woman than Sierra changing. The empress was quiet for a moment before saying "I don't think being a housewife is such a lowly job. It's a sacrifice, complete devotion to another's life. A housewife gives up her career to raise her children right. She plays many roles in her children's life, a judge, a guide, a councilor, and a source of undying love. Most of all, she must love her children, and that means not always making the easiest of choices. It requires the spine to discipline, but the understanding to be wise and forgive. Child are no more fools than anyone else, they just have an easier time at messing up. A mother must always be patient with her children. In a way, being an empress is like being everyone's mother. And in all truth, it is a burden I don't wish to carry. But it's mine, so I have to carry it. All the while, I have to raise my child." Ymira looked over at Karen now, to find her eyes to convey her point and deeper meaning.

Unfortunately, Karen was also topless as she was changing into her uniform. Ymira's lips froze and her words faded. The empress' face turned a shade of pink and she looked away quickly. "Damn it Karen I was about to add something meaningful to that. Inspiring you to be a mom and all." The blonde Rezuan sighed and turned away again. "I suppose I should at least tell you something else too. This crown isn't worth what I'm losing. I can't be a housewife, as bad as I'd like to. My child must always be below my concern for my people. It's a cruel truth that I must always respect. For the price of power, I'm losing a great part in my family. So if you do want to be a mother, remember that it is rewarding and wonderful. But also remember that you can't pick your child over your nation. You can't afford to. We represent our people. Our way of life. If we fail, we'll drag our nations down with us." After a small pause she added "Not really what I should be telling you on your wedding right? You shouldn't be bothered by anything I've said. You should be more focused on your ceremony. And what comes after. That was my favorite part."

Return to NationStates