NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision Song Contest 14 Signups

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Liberdomopia
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberdomopia » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:32 pm

Cachette de Lions
Envoy

Founded: Aug 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Cachette de Lions » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:39 pm

Uhm, in the first post:

Nations participating for the first time should not submit bids.
Economic Left/Right: -4.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.82

Liberdomopia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Liberdomopia » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:39 pm

Cachette de Lions wrote:Uhm, in the first post:

Nations participating for the first time should not submit bids.

Sorry then, bro... :)

Swilatia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 02, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Swilatia » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:40 pm

You can still take part in the contest though.
SvilajskaRepublika Free since 1826

Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.31

Liberdomopia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Liberdomopia » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:41 pm

Swilatia wrote:You can still take part in the contest though.

I get it ;)

Goias
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 06, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Goias » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:29 pm

Well, I guess I'd like to sign up. Never been in one of these before, and sounds fun.
Just repeat to yourself, "it's just a show, I should really just relax"
Factbook -- Embassy program
98% of all internet users would cry if facebook would break down, if you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh then copy and paste this into your sig.
The Araucania wrote:all that pop singers are instruments of the state for make stupid people.

Swilatia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 02, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Swilatia » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:00 am

National finals thread starts on the 31st, so Achalya Santis and Krsta have until then to post their host bids.
SvilajskaRepublika Free since 1826

Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.31

Liberdomopia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Liberdomopia » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:09 pm

This seems like a cool thing... We'll hold our national finals on 1st and 3rd of April, 2010. It's called "Santa Marijuana", as it is named after the people's ship build in 1919. It is free for everyone to enter the contest. We have up to 20 contestants for now... our people are a bit shy :lol:

Achalya Santis
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Achalya Santis » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:21 pm

Achalya Santis is proud to announce its bid for the 14th edition of the WorldVision Song Contest in the Gateway of the Northeast, Alfaguara!

Alfaguara is the capital and largest city of the state of Northern Suárez, on ACH-SAN’s Northeastern coast. Its vibrant population of 56 million- the 5th-largest city in the country- boasts a proud heritage and a mix of eclectic history and the river Polanco passing through the city.

The event will coincide with the Fiestas Patronales, or the Patron Saint festivals of Alfaguara, one of the largest of the nation. During this time, many of the participants can also participate in the festivities all week.

The Wyndham-Alfaguara will be the house of all the contestants and the Fiestas Patronales’ participants. A big party will be given every day, just for those who are staying!

The M&T-Polanco Stadium, home of the Rapid Rivers, holds a capacity of 69,000 for football and soccer events. For the contest, however, capacity will be increased for around 75,000 around and on the floor.

The University of Northern Suárez-Alfaguara Campus will host the International Broadcasting Center for all participating nations.

Last, but not least, the theme of the contest will be: Say What They Want!-!Que Digan Lo Que Quieran! In this contest, we will promote freedom of expression in a festive and orderly environment.

Krsta
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Krsta » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:43 pm

We are sorry for all those stuff, our people began working on logo and all those things in saturday morning!!! KRSTA - Let's sing a song all night long! Felton - WorldVision Song Contest 14!

Krsta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Krsta » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:55 pm

Achalya Santis wrote:

Achalya Santis is proud to announce its bid for the 14th edition of the WorldVision Song Contest in the Gateway of the Northeast, Alfaguara!

Alfaguara is the capital and largest city of the state of Northern Suárez, on ACH-SAN’s Northeastern coast. Its vibrant population of 56 million- the 5th-largest city in the country- boasts a proud heritage and a mix of eclectic history and the river Polanco passing through the city.

The event will coincide with the Fiestas Patronales, or the Patron Saint festivals of Alfaguara, one of the largest of the nation. During this time, many of the participants can also participate in the festivities all week.

The Wyndham-Alfaguara will be the house of all the contestants and the Fiestas Patronales’ participants. A big party will be given every day, just for those who are staying!

The M&T-Polanco Stadium, home of the Rapid Rivers, holds a capacity of 69,000 for football and soccer events. For the contest, however, capacity will be increased for around 75,000 around and on the floor.

The University of Northern Suárez-Alfaguara Campus will host the International Broadcasting Center for all participating nations.

Last, but not least, the theme of the contest will be: Say What They Want!-!Que Digan Lo Que Quieran! In this contest, we will promote freedom of expression in a festive and orderly environment.

This seems like not so good bid as US flag is seen on one image and "www.worldstadiums.com" link on another. Couldn't you simply crop it?! Whatever, our bid is coming up in a few hours... ;)

Achalya Santis
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Achalya Santis » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:55 pm

Krsta wrote:
Achalya Santis wrote:

This seems like not so good bid as US flag is seen on one image and "www.worldstadiums.com" link on another. Couldn't you simply crop it?! Whatever, our bid is coming up in a few hours... ;)

OOC: Don't worry, papi. I'll try again if it fails...

Burchadinger
Minister

Founded: Jun 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Burchadinger » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:25 pm

Burchadinger signs up!
Runners Up - DBC XXV
Third Place - AOCAF XXXIII

Call me Burch and not Burcha

Krsta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Krsta » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:39 pm

Preparations are over!!! Now we need a good web hosting site!!! Just give one, cause the whole Microsoft PowerPoint presentation with 20+ and a logo are awaiting for you!!! VOTE FOR FELTON - WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST 14!!!

We are uploading the file, it is nearly over... we have great plans for this WSC14 in case of our victory... we think about the great opening ceremony, with lots of fireworks and a dinner with many celebrities in Krsta, including the president and a prince (long story about prince, first time in the country after more then a century! But people decided not to become monarchy. However, he was democratically elected a MP and is member of "Liberal union of Krsta" etc.). FELTON IS AWAITING FOR THIS YEAR'S ARTISTS!!! WorldVision 14 - historical and legendary! VOTE FELTON FOR WSC14!!! Official communique by the Government of Krsta.

Ok, for those that hate Microsoft PowerPoint i'll upload some photos later... for you, the common guys, here is the link - http://www.sendspace.com/file/eroqvb
Last edited by Krsta on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

East Fancainia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby East Fancainia » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:11 pm

I am interested.....

Krsta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Krsta » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:38 pm

East Fancainia wrote:I am interested.....

Krsta welcomes you on the WorldVision Song Contest 14 and hopes the good show will be held, whoever wins both in the contest and in the hosting bid competition.

Krsta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Krsta » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:40 am

You have more details in the link i posted. Pictures of the hotel rooms, our indoor and outdoor arenas, some souvenirs you can buy here and a great guide through the Republic of Krsta!!!

Sinthotorin
Attaché

Founded: Jan 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sinthotorin » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:10 pm

I'm interested in this competition, but I have a question about the formatting of the actual performances.

I was looking at the last competition's thread and I was wondering how it was decided whether the next contestant would sing or whether a country's hosts gave commentary.
Önor nthà nap cegunthöt tegorinin.
We live in the same house.

-Sinthorian philosopher Gregorötin Emthal

Complete the World Census and receive your free 100,000 USD.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=42792

Grittonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Grittonia » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:11 pm

Sinthotorin wrote:I'm interested in this competition, but I have a question about the formatting of the actual performances.

I was looking at the last competition's thread and I was wondering how it was decided whether the next contestant would sing or whether a country's hosts gave commentary.

It isn't decided.
I am a Cultural-Nationalistic Authoritarian Socio-Capitalist. Grittonia's own Pappaïsm reflects that.
The Grittonian Embassy program!
Join my quest for World Fame! And my quest to make out with guys from all nations of the world! Sign-up now!
Hot, Dutch, gay and single!

Grittonia's Law wrote:Everyone is gay, they just don't know it.
One who automatically claims they are straight without probing are undoubtedly gay.

Gren's Theorem wrote:Everyone is attracted to Grit. Those who say differently simply refuse to acknowledge it.

"Oy vey! All he talked about was parties and sex! And those Perviolosi twins kept tugging at my pants. Get me some tylenol." - Roman Ambassador after meeting Pappa Nick & his entourage

Sinthotorin
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Sinthotorin » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:26 pm

Hmm, sounds confusing, but nothing I can't at least learn to live with. Plus, I like singing (so to speak). Can I still sign up?

Grittonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Grittonia » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:28 pm

Sinthotorin wrote:Hmm, sounds confusing, but nothing I can't at least learn to live with. Plus, I like singing (so to speak). Can I still sign up?

I believe, don't know for sure, that the signups are closed as the National Finals are already in place.
I am a Cultural-Nationalistic Authoritarian Socio-Capitalist. Grittonia's own Pappaïsm reflects that.
The Grittonian Embassy program!
Join my quest for World Fame! And my quest to make out with guys from all nations of the world! Sign-up now!
Hot, Dutch, gay and single!

Grittonia's Law wrote:Everyone is gay, they just don't know it.
One who automatically claims they are straight without probing are undoubtedly gay.

Gren's Theorem wrote:Everyone is attracted to Grit. Those who say differently simply refuse to acknowledge it.

"Oy vey! All he talked about was parties and sex! And those Perviolosi twins kept tugging at my pants. Get me some tylenol." - Roman Ambassador after meeting Pappa Nick & his entourage

Sinthotorin
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Sinthotorin » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:34 pm

Well, even if they are closed, I can spend the time until the next competition perfecting my song, so something good happens either way, I suppose.

Krsta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Krsta » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:20 pm

Dear Sinthotorin,

It is too late, but you'll be welcome on WSC15.

Sincerely,

Johnny Make
Secretary - general of the cultural information board

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates