NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision Song Contest 57 | OOC | Sign-Ups CLOSED

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Merecendi-
Attaché

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Merecendi- » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:09 am

KALLERAN, MERECENDI

here's a picture of our city

Welcome to Callaran, the city that's also a planet! Something went wrong with the city planning and we accidentally the planet. With that said, there are lots of little places in Cellerene, little spaces for little people! There are also big spaces for big people, and places where people can watch other people. And also places where things happened that no one cares about anymore, but that people go see anyway. We even have 49 temples for 839 deities! And a scenic route to see them all! It's really cool, we swear. Only 2.0239% of people going on that scenic route finish it, though that's probably because of the 239 anthropophagous deities scattered around.
They're really nice once you get to know them. Besides that, we also have a sky! It's one color! People like to look at it. Some disappear into it, while others just take frozen time experiences. Everyone's different, yet so similar at the same time.

this here'll survive them bomb attacks that the tourists complain about

The contest will be held in the Pleasetakemetothewrong Arena, called Ican'trememberthenameofthat Arena by the locals! It's a very sturdy structure, and you'll have a lot of fun in there! Feel free to bring your children, who can explore the vast network of tunnels inside and underneath it! But first we'll GPS tag them so we too can explore; last time we hosted a thing we found out one tunnel went into a volcano! How interesting! Who knows where else those tunnels lead?
Besides that, the arena can even seat people! Did we forget about that last time? I think so. At least we remembered this time. So umm... the Pleasetakemetothewrong Arena has a roof! and walls! but not a floor. It has a carpet though. You can sing about magic carpets when riding on it! With other people who can't.

that bit in the back is literally a shrine of skulls

The stage will do whatever you ask of it, as long as you ask it nicely and put your week old smelly socks at the shrine in the center of the stage (our resident deity, Totallynotanecromorph, has a foot fetish ok). It can throw fire, sparkly things, bright lights, even brighter lights, and a literal star in the middle of the stage. It also absorbs blood- actually blood is necessary for Totallynotanecromorph to keep sane, which is why we chose to bid for WorldVision! You don't want Totallynotanecromorph to get insane. You can even use his shrine as part of the performance! Totallynotanecromorph has a stripper pole installed so he, his fellow deities, and the souls of sacrificial victims past can watch the show up close and personal. Also your artists can sing and stuff.

it's an octopussie!!!!

So the postcards will be pictures of an octopus with information written on it in a random set of fonts. It's cute and unpredictable! That's all anyone ever asked for anyway. Tentacles, at least.

So cool! Thanks for taking the detour in the great journey of time to visit our bid for Kallheron to host the seventh after the 50th WorldVision Song Contest. We have cool fun things planned for you! Did we forget to mention that?? Ohhhh yeah, we have lots of really cool things set up for you all. I think they're called "acts". And we'll keep you on your toes. Or hooves if that's what you have. Sweet dreams! What do you think of at night?

HEY ALSO WE HAVE AN ALBUM OF IMAGES WITH ANNOTATIONS, IT'S ALMOST LIKE A BEHIND THE SCENES THING.
Last edited by Merecendi- on Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:46 am

Tonight, 9 songs and 9 artists performed in their bid to represent Izmedu in the 57th WorldVision Song Contest. Eight international juries voted in the national final round, representing an uptick from the previous edition. Yet again, the points record was broken, and we can now reveal that the winner of this edition's Izmepisma is...

Tamara K. - Don't Let This Moment Fade

Finishing with an astonishing 156 points (45 jury + 111 televote), Tamara K. becomes Izmedu's WV57 representative following immense pre-Izmepisma hype and being quickly installed as the favorite from Izmeduan bookies and media. "Don't Let This Moment Fade" was reported to have topped radio airplay and charted in the top 15 of the Izmeduan top 100 off of radio play alone, an unprecedented commercial performance in the national final's 7-edition history. Her path to victory was aided with three international jurors giving Tamara's song a top 2 vote, as well as a home televote that was estimated to have gotten at least 32% of the vote. Marking a distinct tonal shift from Izmedu's darker entries, RTI is hopeful that this 'life anthem' (self-described by Tamara herself) will spark a paradigm shift of more positive entries from the country. Tamara enters intensive rehearsals in the lead up to the WorldVision Song Contest.

RTI deeply thanks all international juries that voted in Izmepisma, this would not have been possible without your participation.

Last edited by Izmedu on Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF IZMEDU
WorldVision Song Contest - World Hit Festival

Corrvale
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Corrvale » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:52 am

hey y'all, haven't been here since WV50 sign-ups.

WTF why did Seksi not win!!! >:(

Signing up as Izmedu's puppet with Ela SAM ft Ivosev's Seksi (tune: JLo ft. Pitbull - Booty)

gotta save these Izmeduan fools from themselves.
Last edited by Corrvale on Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:53 am

Corrvale wrote:hey y'all, haven't been here since WV50 sign-ups.

WTF why did Seksi not win!!! >:(

Signing up as Izmedu's puppet with Ela SAM ft Ivosev's Seksi

gotta save these Izmeduan fools from themselves.

Confirming. I'll actually try to do my puppet's entry this time haha
THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF IZMEDU
WorldVision Song Contest - World Hit Festival

Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguillese
Secretary

Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguillese » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:22 pm

You can't have WV without us! Yes, the Grand Serene Holy Democratic People's Republic of Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles (Former Normand Territorial State) is back!

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:23 pm

Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguillese wrote:You can't have WV without us! Yes, the Grand Serene Holy Democratic People's Republic of Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles (Former Normand Territorial State) is back!

Confirmed, under duress
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Togonistan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 08, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:34 pm

Mac: Right, voting is over, people at homes and national juries have made their decision. Voting was interesting, very interesting indeed. In fact, we had to use a tiebreaker here as top two ended up with the same amount of points. Anyways, let's get to it. 10th to 3rd place will be shown on the screen, here we go:

That means, we have our top two. Who is going to represent Togonistan in WorldVision 57? Is it... Stacy Lekker?.. or is it Tremendous? Tension is in the air... Who is it? Should I say it now? Or should I keep the tension for a little longer?...

Artist representing Togonistan in WorldVision 57 is...
Tremendous

Congratz, you deserved it! Come on, get up on the stage and perform your amazing song one more time!

Nation Name: Togonistan
Official Broadcaster: TNTV
Song Title: ''My Life''
Artist(s) Name(s): Tremendous

Tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT9mQM4ZglQ

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Britonisea » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:54 pm

WHAT???? HOW DID BEEP BEEP I'M A SHEEP COME FOURTH!

WHHAAATT?
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Togonistan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 08, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:57 pm

Britonisea wrote:WHAT???? HOW DID BEEP BEEP I'M A SHEEP COME FOURTH!

WHHAAATT?

Apparently other international juries didn't understand what kind of a masterpiece that is :(

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:59 pm

Togonistan wrote:

WHHAAATT?

Apparently other international juries didn't understand what kind of a masterpiece that is :(

smh

I am disappointed.
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Wazekia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Wazekia » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:17 pm

Togonistan wrote:

WHHAAATT?

This song is glorious. Why am I just discovering it!?

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:21 pm

I would've given it 20/20 for tune marks.

I'm kinda getting bored of ranking entries.I wonder if I should go Free Republics style and randomise it.
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Estogium
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Estogium » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:38 am

Breaking News: Dotty Rag Girl is no longer representing Estogium and WorldVision Song Contest. Since the announcement of her going to WorldVision 57, she said that she received large amounts of abuse over the internet. She released this statement earlier today.

"I'm so f*cking angry, these little c*nts think they can f*cking rule me. You know what? Get the f*ck out of here you f*cking d*ckhead c*unt pr*cks. I'm trying to do a nice thing for Estogium yet they cause sh*t and crap. I'm officially leaving this f*cking sh*t country, p*ss takes. WorldVision and Estogium can va te faire foutre."

She released this statement at the airport. Although it is not said where she is heading, witnesses protest that she is on a trip to officially live in Kalleran, Merecendi.

REIS MALIK

Replacing her, it's the new boy on the block, Reis Malik singing a song of musk and sexiness, Why Don't You Join Me?

Britonisea
Powerbroker

BVC Announcement

Postby Britonisea » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:52 am

OFFICIAL DOCUMENTATION FOR THE HOSTING RIGHTS OF THE 57th WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST IN MACHIEVELIHE, BRITONISEA

We have bid to host so many times, and as we close upon the amount of bids sent by Bloodbath Generation, we give you a different take of bid, unlike anything Britonisea has sent before. We hope you enjoy!

No, a statue lion is not vomiting in the lake. In actual fact, this is a sacred Machievelihian lion.

Machievelihe, with a population of around two million (With 3.98 million in the whole capitol1), is a beautiful Northern City, which is one underestimated compared to other northern cities. Machievelihe is quite a busy city in the centre during the day, but for a city that has around two million, it's a nice city break, popular with business men/women who want to stay in a well connected city, but want to calm down. Machievelihe is a wonderful city we would love for you to explore.

The city is very well connected with many stations, over 150 of them, which means you can easily get around to the landmarks in the city. Moreover, Machievelihe is home to three airports, with one of which being regional and the other two being international. One of the international airports is in the centre of the city, and you can take a direct cheap tube to the arena. There are thousands of buses on the road too, so we hope that you will get around easily.

I know it's snowing here, but it's now summer, and so expect lovely green fields!

With a normal capacity of 26,250 (highest capacity is 27,001), the Gyrode Arena is a perfect place to host a WorldVision Song Contest. The Gyrode Arena is one of the hundreds of arenas in Britonisea, but it's facilities are definitely something worth speaking about.

Firstly, the arena is very well connected to the rest of the city, and is not on the outskirts. The Gyrode Arena is placed in the South of the city, and from the top of the arena, you can witness a magnificent view of the city - and yes, you can get a trip to the top of the arena! The arena has a train station very near to the stadium, and the station is home to the Red Line, which goes from South to North, and back. This means, you can easily get from the South of the city, where the Gyrode Arena is, to the North of the city. Also nearby are multiple bus stops which people can take to get in to the centre of the city, and also, it is close to a coach station. For those who take a coach from the airport to the arena, they will also have to endure a five minute walk around the corner to the Gyrode Arena. We promiset hat it is not that far!

If we speak about the interior of the arena, when you first walk in to it, it will seem as though you are in an airport. You will go through a certain amount of checks to make sure that the WorldVision Song Contest is a safe place to be. We love this contest, and we want the safety of all the fans and participants to be ensured. After this, you will follow lines on the floor to go to your opening. The arena that the contest could be held in has two tiers, and a ground patio, where a few thousand can stand and watch the contest from there. The arena's top tier has the space for the most seats and will therefore contain most of the fans. This will be amazing for them because they get a spectacular alternative view of the stage that we are building.

There are lights all around the stadium, and impressive sound systems to make sure you get the very best of the sound. The top of the arena, the ceiling has small little domes to trap in the sound, and stop it from escaping, meaning the song is enhanced in the arena.

Bringing WorldVision Song Contest in to the future, where it should be!

We think that the stage is a bit avant-garde and crazy. Compared to other editions that Britonisea has hosted, the stage has been quite normal and not really that interesting. While the stages are always highly advanced, we also thought about the aesthetics of the stage and how it would look in the arena, and on the cameras. Firstly, a large LED wall will be placed at the back, and you can have large displays on it, similar to how it was in Eurovision 2014. Step forward a few steps and you will find that you are walking through a tunnel which seems like squares turned at weird angles. These squares are made out of LED and can light up in anyway, in any colour, you want them to light up in. At the back of these squares is a smaller LED wall, which is probably around 4m tall, and includes major technology, including sensitivity and touchscreen, which means you can interact with it.

You might also notice that there are LED panels which come out from all sides of the stage, and these too can be programmed to do anything. Similar to the Eurovision 2016 stage, we can make it look as though the stage is larger, or create a never-ending effect and multiple illusions. There is a okay sized main floor, where people (like dancers and/or main singers) can be, put there are many catwalks which span out on the stage. You can tell this by looking at the men who are in red. The men in red show you how far in to the crowd you can reach.

There is going to be an orchestra pit, which will be used in the Opening Act, if the bid is chosen. Finally, there is also a small island, which can be used by performers, and will most definitely be used by the host.

What a pretty looking postcard, and quite literally, it is a postcard!

The postcards are going to literally be postcards. I am not sure whether this idea has already been done, but it has not been present in recent editions of the WorldVision Song Contest - so for me, this is a sweet and unique idea. When hosting previous WorldVision Song Contests, I try to put a bit of flavour in the postcards, to make it different for each nation. I think it is great for postcards to differ per nation, and I don't just mean the text on the postcard, but what is in the postcard, why it is so important. So, if Britonisea is picked to host the 57th edition of the WorldVision Song Contest, we will be taking a little tour around Machievelihe, similar to how we did in the 41st WorldVision Song Contest, in Quickenden.

It's almost guaranteed that if Electrum participates, we will be finding the plushest tennis court to use as their postcard, but apart from that, it depends on the nature of your entry where we go. Looking at the example above, we having last edition's winner from Todlichebujoku. We at BVC decided that putting the title of the song and the artist is a bit too cliché, and we wanted to change it up a bit. So, to compliment the picture, we have the name of the nation alongside a gold number, and if you have not noticed, the gold number is your running order number. Under it, there will be a quick description of where we are in Machievelihe. In the example, you can see that we are on top of a big wheel of some sort, specifically, we are in the "Canon Capsule," in Knightsbridge, a town in North Machievelihe. It looks pretty, don't you think?

Finally, you may notice some lovely writing at the bottom-right of the postcard. And yes, of course, this is my own handwriting. People say that my handwriting is so good, it looks computerised. You may notice that what is written in my own handwriting is a line from the entry named above. What is special about this line? Well, it is our favourite line of the whole song. So, this edition, we will be picking the best line out of the entries. This may be the first line of the song, or even the last line - perhaps it might be the chorus. It could even be one word! I don't know, that's for us at BVC, and the fans to decide.

No, she is not dead! She is right here, and she is ready to host the WorldVision Song Contest in Machievelihe!

You might be wondering who would host the competition if Britonisea hosted. The last time we bid to host, which was last edition, a Britonish male was going to host alongside an Ekozian woman. But we decided to give a Britonish women a chance this time in the race to who will host the 57th WorldVision Song Contest. We have decided on Hannah Baker. Hannah Baker is a 24 year-old television presenter, known for handling the Big Brother GBK live evictions and interviews. She also appears on different shows which makes her quite well known throughout Britonisea and the Brityunikosphere. She is an amazing candidate to host the contest!

This is not the finish product. It's likely that flags will be added on too, though we are unsure. Here is how it looks like so far...

Now, I don't know whether you think it was Tony, Clay or Justin who killed Hannah Baker, but I can give you thirteen reasons why you should pick the bid from Machievelihe!

1. Machievelihe is a hidden, though vibrant treasure. Whereas the attention surrounds cities like Doportedas, Quickenden and Telm City, Machievelihe can be a fun place to go to get away!
  2. Don't you like literature? Machievelihe is the home of Britonish literature. While you're there, go to the biggest library in Britonisea - it's huge! If you don't like reading, you could always go on the computers or eat at the "salad" bar!
  3. Temperatures that are not too hot, but not too cold. While temperatures in the winter can be around 1C, perfect for snowy conditions, the summer can reach up to 19C, or even higher, giving us a nice warm aura, making sure that it is not too muggy in the city.
  4. It is cute! The city is not the largest city in the world, and you can easily walk around the circumference in of the city within a day. But it's not about how big or small the city is, it is about what is going on inside, and I'm sure you'll keep yourself well entertained.
  5. An easy going, though fun WorldVision. A WorldVision in Machievelihe will be one of a calm atmosphere, but full with fun and laughter.
  6. The contest is to be hosted by BVC. BVC has experience in hosting the WorldVision Song Contest, and so we are sure to provide a great one, learning on previous mistakes.
  7. Despite a bumpy road in viewership, Britonisea still loves WorldVision. Nine million people watched the festival last edition!
  8. The postcards are fun, and they also involve the Britonish public - and the viewers at home!
  9. Time will be devoted to the hosting of the 57th WorldVision Song Contest, and so everything should be on time!
  10. If Machievelihe hosts this contest, it could restore some television interest in the city, and could be a host city of a leg of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018.
  11. The opening act has already been decided, and it's going to be a good one! We hope...
  12. As previously mentioned, there is an orchestra pit, for all you orchestra lovers!
  13. We are ready.

We hope you consider the bid from Britonisea to go to Machievelihe for the 57th WorldVision Song Contest! We certainly are looking forward to seeing you there!
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

PyeMcGowan
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby PyeMcGowan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:31 pm

Nation Name: PyeMcGowan
Official Broadcaster: PMBC 1
Song Title: Hall of Champions
Artist(s) Name(s): Charleston way

Tune: Hall of fame by the script
I'm a Proud Member of the DEUN! Are you?
Member of the International Trade Organisation
Elparia CORO Member

[_★_]_[' ]_
( -_-) (-_Q) If you understand that both Capitalism and Socialism have ideas that deserve merit, put this in your signature.
My nation is based in the year 2017, but it has a few PMT elements.
WWW.WorldAssembly.Int/Nations/PyeMcGowan/Stats
The Federation of PyeMcGowan is now an official member of the LETA TRADE ZONE{} A homeless woman has been put under house arrest {} The Westeel building in New Manama has announced that they will re-open within a 3 - 5 month period {} A cat has won the DOG of the year award {} 3.98 Billion Poggles retrieved from Bank robbers hideout.

An N14 Nation according to the Civilizations Index
English to Pyenglish Translator

Balkvla Islands
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 23, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Balkvla Islands » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:25 pm

Balkvla Song Festival II: The Results

After an extremely tight vote, the winner of the song festival and WV57 representative has been chosen:
Celtic/Balkvlain girl group Gaeilge Women won the festival beating runner-up Progressive pop/Symphonic Rock group Electric Sun Symphony by an extremely close margin of ONE POINT

Final Results:
  1. H) Refuge Of Faith, Refuge Of Distress -18
  2. A) Mrs. Green Grass -17
  3. E) Divorce At Night -15
  4. B) Plasma -14
  5. F) Inotente -11
  6. C) Pe'ro Wiehoi -10 [by virtue of having more countries vote for it]
  7. D) Bryta förtrollningen -10
  8. G) Om Rama -5

The girls were extremely honored to be chosen to represent our country for the second time and hope to better their last placing with a song about refugees emigrating to a new land.

Meanwhile, the band Electric Sun Symphony, being runners-up, have earned the right of first refusal to represent the Serene Republic in the upcoming World Hit Festival 34.

Nation Name: Balkvla Islands
Official Broadcaster: SRSB
Song Title: Refuge Of Faith, Refuge Of Distress
Artist(s) Name(s): Gaelige Women
Tune: Isle Of Hope, Isle Of Tears - Celtic Woman
WorldVision 55: 17th
WorldVision 56: 22nd
WorldVision 57: 17th
WorldVision 58: 12th
WorldVision 59: 15th

WorldVision Committee
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 26, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby WorldVision Committee » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:29 pm

HOST VOTING NOW OPEN

Only those who signed up before 20:00 BST on June 19, 2017 may vote.

Telegram your favorite to the WorldVision Committee out of these options:

Voting closes at 20:00 BST on June 26, 2017.
Last edited by WorldVision Committee on Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WorldVision Song Contest Committee
"Uniting the Multiverse through Music"

Run by Carrelie, Elejamie, Malta Comino Gozo, South Batoko, and Ugunnustan

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:31 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, the most recent edition of the Landa vy Polkopiya has come to a close! After careful voting from the international jury, combined with the televotes,
the song that will represent Polkopia is Once Upon A Time by Elizaveta Loncar!

Moments after her victory, the PNB had met in order to discuss a possible revamp to the song. While the tune would remain unchanged, there is currently an ongoing debate about whether th alter the lyrics, in order to include the Polkopian language throughout the verses, though this topic is still up for debate within the members of the PNB. It was revealed, however, that the staging for Worldvision would include elements of her National Final performance, meaning it is suspected that her husband will accompany her on stage. There is also expected to be a piano, and a rather simplistic stage design, however this last piece of information is considered to be a rumor, and not to be taken too seriously.

The PNB wishes Elizaveta the best of luck at the Worldvision Song Contest, and will do everything in its power in order to ensure that she does the nation proud.

The full results of the LvP can be found here: http://www.PNB.plk/Landa_vy_Polkopiya/Contest/Votes/Results
Last edited by Polkopia on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:31 am

The Results

Welcome back to A Song For Normandy, live from Avranches! Eight acts have performed for you and the international juries, we have collated the votes and yes, we have a result! (The crowd cheers loudly) Sadly, there can only be one winner, and only one song that will be going to WV as the official Normand act, but we can already confirm that the ASFN album has been released - sorry for the plug - and has reached No.1 on the Normand Album Chart! At least we know you're all watching. There is a total of 600 points available, 300 from the juries and 300 from the televote. Anyway, I have the sad business of revealing the songs that finished 8th to 4th in the combined result. Here we go!

In eigth place is...
Josephine - Deepest Blue (36 points)

Commiserations Josephine, I thought the song was amazing.
Anyway, in seventh place is...
Anais - Secrets (37 points)

In sixth is...
Francis - Loving Words (37 Points)

Francis finished ahead of Anais as the televote takes precedent, but both were brilliant songs
In fifth it is...
RunnerMan - Reach Out (72 Points)

That's a bit of a jump!
And in fourth we have...
Pierre and Uma - Songs In My Head (71 Points)

So, we have three songs left. Those are Etienne Delacroix - Come And Play, Julie Saran - Warning Sign, and Jean-Pierre Montour - Streetlights. There are still 346 points up for grabs between these three songs, so let's find out who's won...

With 65 points from the televote and 60 points from the juries, with a total of 125 points, it is...
Jean-Pierre Montour - Streetlights

That leaves 221 points still up for grabs.

With 78 points from the televote, and 26 points from the juries, it is...
Julie Saran - Warning Sign

And so, that leaves 117 points (The crowd cheers when they realise that Jean-Pierre has won, cheering over the host as he reveals the final result, for Etienne), 52 from the televote and 65 from the juries, for...
Etienne Delacroix - Come And Play

And so, as you'll no doubt know, our winner is
JEAN-PIERRE MONTOUR - STREETLIGHTS!!!

Nation Name: Normandy and Picardy
Official Broadcaster: NNN
Song Title: Streetlights
Artist(s) Name(s): Jean-Pierre Montour
Tune: Alessio Bernabei - Nel Mezzo Di Un Applauso
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Mercredi
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Mercredi » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:03 pm

I think a 7-edition break will do. Back to music!

Nation Name: Mercredi
Official Broadcaster: Le Télé Musique du Mercredi (TMM)
Song Title: TBA
Artist(s) Name(s): Giuseppe Geur

Tune: "Under the Bridge" by RHCP [Salvador Sobral Cover]
I'm arguably the former musical puppet of Qasden, but I never seemed to finish the lyrics...

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:39 pm

Friends, rivals, fellow WorldVisioners,

I have served on the WorldVision Committee for over 20 editions now. In that time, I am very proud of my legacy. I have overseen the introduction of fixed deadlines, have been influential in making sure the rules are fairly and universally applied, ensuring fun, freedom, and fairness, I have introduced a complete top-down reform to host voting that it badly needed, and I have made the committee far more accountable than it was before through having elections. What we do is no small job. That much is clear. A lot of members of this committee have been underappreciated over the years. Former members will be able to tell you just how taxing it is.

It is clear, however, that there is a major difference in policy between what I want and what the others on the current committee want. I have fought for what I believe in, but I feel like my legacy is being destroyed. All others elected wanted to reform the committee. As I finished 5th, I must accept that is a judgement on me. Additionally, the differences between us in terms of personality have become insurmountable. I have found it very difficult to work with the current committee. My entire legacy is being ripped up in front of me, and I cannot do anything about it. Therefore, I am tendering my resignation, to take effect at the end of WorldVision 57, specifically, 4 hours after the close of voting. This was not an easy decision for me to make. I would have preferred to stay and fight. I will still add to my record of 29 consecutive participations and continue to fight for a win. I am also not ruling out a return to the committee in the future.

There is no need for a precise timetable today regarding the resulting by-election, but I will play no non-organisational role in this election. I will not back any particular candidate. I will not vote for any candidate. I hope you respect my decision.

Mister X
MISTER X
WV29: 19th, debut
WV30: 10th, first top 10
WV31: 8th, new PB
WV33: 3rd, new PB
WV34: 6th, first hosting
WVYF: 11th, last place
WV52: 2nd, new PB
WV59: 7th, second hosting
WV62: 1st, first victory

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:17 pm

Mister X wrote:Friends, rivals, fellow WorldVisioners,

I have served on the WorldVision Committee for over 20 editions now. In that time, I am very proud of my legacy. I have overseen the introduction of fixed deadlines, have been influential in making sure the rules are fairly and universally applied, ensuring fun, freedom, and fairness, I have introduced a complete top-down reform to host voting that it badly needed, and I have made the committee far more accountable than it was before through having elections. What we do is no small job. That much is clear. A lot of members of this committee have been underappreciated over the years. Former members will be able to tell you just how taxing it is.

It is clear, however, that there is a major difference in policy between what I want and what the others on the current committee want. I have fought for what I believe in, but I feel like my legacy is being destroyed. All others elected wanted to reform the committee. As I finished 5th, I must accept that is a judgement on me. Additionally, the differences between us in terms of personality have become insurmountable. I have found it very difficult to work with the current committee. My entire legacy is being ripped up in front of me, and I cannot do anything about it. Therefore, I am tendering my resignation, to take effect at the end of WorldVision 57, specifically, 4 hours after the close of voting. This was not an easy decision for me to make. I would have preferred to stay and fight. I will still add to my record of 29 consecutive participations and continue to fight for a win. I am also not ruling out a return to the committee in the future.

There is no need for a precise timetable today regarding the resulting by-election, but I will play no non-organisational role in this election. I will not back any particular candidate. I will not vote for any candidate. I hope you respect my decision.

Mister X

As I've noted in the Discord:
I understand that we've certainly had conflicts in both vision and personality, but I believed we would be able to work through it together, especially with our recent thawing of relations. You did say yourself that learning to work with those of differing opinions and personalities would be beneficial to your future and career. Either way, I respect your decision, and hope that it, and the POVs of other Committee members, does not affect your participation in WV or the enjoyment you derive from it.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Saviera
Spokesperson

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saviera » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:20 am

Saviera returns.

Kalosia is our Master.

Kalosia
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kalosia » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:34 am

Confirming Saviera as our puppet.

Mister X wrote:Mister X

While I find it unfortunate that you have decided to step down, the reasons behind it are completely understandable. It is also regrettable that you are facing issues with the way things are in the committee right now, however I respect your decision to step down, and it goes without saying that your contributions toward the way WV is run throughout the past 20+ editions will become your legacy, and even as the contest evolves, parts of it certainly will remain even if not in ways that are obvious.
Of course we know that you're not actually leaving WV, just stepping down from a position you've held for quite a long time, and so I look forward to all the other things you can contribute to the WV community. Best of luck on future endeavours.
Mediterranea > Mediterra > Kalosia
/kə'loʊʒɑː/ (english) /kɑː'lɒsiːɑː/ (kalosian)
Factbook | Official Website

WorldVision Song Contest results
World Hit Festival results (incomplete)

Estogium
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Estogium » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:46 am

Although it is not yet known, Estogium's return in WorldVision 57 may not happen. More news later.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates