NATION

PASSWORD

Markion Lore RP Thread[MARKION ONLY-IC]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sevevill
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sevevill » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:03 pm

United City States of Oceania wrote:
Sevevill wrote:
OOC sorry for double post

Octagon Seve City Sevevill
General Thad Greenville

He was looking over the battle plans. Sevevill had been grouping up for a full scale invasion. He saw this as a opportunity for them and the GRA to re-bond and start taking what they wanted. More mass. Make their nations large and powerful. Keep their foothold and flex their milatarian muscles.

"Mr. President. I see this a invaluable opportunity to strengthen the bonds with our counterparts in the CDU and GRA. Along with giving ourselves a meeting point should this war proceed. Our milatary combined with that of the GRA would make fighting easy as soon as we get a proper foothold. We have more than enough good men who have seen combat..." He was inturpted by the ringing of a phone.

President Joseph Henry, War Room

He picked up a phone that was being given to him by a Aide.
"Hello, President Joseph Henry Speaking"

ONS Midnight Sun, 4th Oceanic Armada

High Admiral Bob Smith sighed. He had been given orders not to fire first, and it was clear that the Sevevillians were going to engage if the fleet didn't withdraw. So he decided to do the only thing that he could to avoid the Armada's annihilation: retreat.

"Understood. I have ordered all vessels to decrease their speed and initiate a 180-degree turn. Over and out."

As the Oceanic vessels began turning to head back the way they came, the High Admiral noticed something odd. One of the vessels, a civilian oil tanker, had not slowed down or begun turning. Smith frowned. Maybe they didn't get the order, he thought to himself, as he began instructing the radioman to inform the vessel of it's new orders. Before he could finish, the radio erupted.

"Mayday, mayday, this is the captain of the S.S. Engberg! We have a major electrical fire on the bridge, controls are not functioning! I repeat, controls are not functioning! We are evacuating the vessel!"

The radio went silent, and Smith grabbed a pair of binoculars. He could see the tanker, still going ahead at full speed towards the port, and crew members running to a lifeboat on the ship. They got in, and ejected from the tanker, which continued forward, smoke billowing out of the bridge. The lifeboat made it to a guided missile destroyer, after which it was hauled on to the ship, which then went full speed ahead, to rejoin the fleet. Admiral Smith frowned, wondering what had just happened. Anyways, it wasn't their problem anymore; the Sevevillians had ordered them to leave. Little did he know, this had been the backup plan all along.

Grand Senate, Entropia, Oceania

"President Henry, I have a proposal to make. I'd ask you to drop the unilateral and unfounded embargo on the UCSO. In return, I would be happy to organize a meeting between you, and the newly elected President of September Island, regarding potential economic opportunities on the island."

President Joseph Henry
"We do not agree with the new September Island. The founding of the new island is against..." He trailed off as a officer leaned over,
"Sir a oil tanker part of the situation has just been sent into the port city of New Connaria. It exploded although casualties are still unknown. What would you like me to do." Joseph henry looked at his head general who nodded as he had also been told the same thing.
"Ring Arcadia have them on the line as soon as possible. We will need to get the gears moving. Ready any soldiers you can and start setting up a draft."
"Very well sir"
He turned back to the phone in his hand and uncovered the receiver. "I see no reason to continue conversation with our enemies. I dont want anything form the September Islands and will get to that when the time arises. Now if you will excuse me I have important things to take care of." He hung up the phone.
"Your getting your war Thad. Use it wisely. Take whatever branches you need and call on the Arcadians for help. Make sure you win this." With that he stood up and brushed off his suit. He would be watching his large army step from the coasts of the southern bloc for the first time since the emperors. He knew it would be a war that killed many but he was prepared for they had killed Sevillian Civilians out of a unforsaken greed.

General Thad Greenvill.
"Get the Arcadians and the CDU and tell them to start preparing for war. Sevevill has been attacked while I get the soldiers sorted. We have every resource in our hands. The Empires armed forces are all up for grabs here. lets get a plan layed out with the Arcadians before we do anything though."
The Empire of Sevevill

First Connarian War [L]
Second Connarian War[Peace]
Stagmarian War [W]
Dracuz Civil War [W]
Liberated Free Nations Upriseing [L] (diplomacy Faild)
The Republic Of Sevevill Revolting Form Sevevill [w]
The in invasion of the NUSSR [W]
Upriseing on the Aroury Islands. [W]
Third Connarian War. [W]
The Invasion of Diyaristan [W]
The Seveillian Invasion and Occupation of the LFN [W]
War in the UCSO [-]
Invasion of the September Island [-]

Markion Regional Discord
FREEKRAVEN

Durradon
Attaché

Founded: Dec 26, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Durradon » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:58 pm

Sevevill wrote:
President Joseph Henry
"We do not agree with the new September Island. The founding of the new island is against..." He trailed off as a officer leaned over,
"Sir a oil tanker part of the situation has just been sent into the port city of New Connaria. It exploded although casualties are still unknown. What would you like me to do." Joseph henry looked at his head general who nodded as he had also been told the same thing.
"Ring Arcadia have them on the line as soon as possible. We will need to get the gears moving. Ready any soldiers you can and start setting up a draft."
"Very well sir"
He turned back to the phone in his hand and uncovered the receiver. "I see no reason to continue conversation with our enemies. I dont want anything form the September Islands and will get to that when the time arises. Now if you will excuse me I have important things to take care of." He hung up the phone.
"Your getting your war Thad. Use it wisely. Take whatever branches you need and call on the Arcadians for help. Make sure you win this." With that he stood up and brushed off his suit. He would be watching his large army step from the coasts of the southern bloc for the first time since the emperors. He knew it would be a war that killed many but he was prepared for they had killed Sevillian Civilians out of a unforsaken greed.

General Thad Greenvill.
"Get the Arcadians and the CDU and tell them to start preparing for war. Sevevill has been attacked while I get the soldiers sorted. We have every resource in our hands. The Empires armed forces are all up for grabs here. lets get a plan layed out with the Arcadians before we do anything though."

Ryune, Katno Ward, Zaishazhon Tower
Kei Feng, Master of Zaishazhon Clan

Feng sat in the penthouse of Zaishazhon Tower on a low and tilted back sofa, staring out of the glass spire over midnight Ryune with a cup of Durranese sake in his hand. Ryune was, like many cities in the CSD, a metropolis of seemingly endless columns, climbing up so far they touched the clouds. On occasion, you could see the odd bridge connecting these pillars of majesty further uniting Ryune into the giant superstructure it was becoming. Neon lights gave life to the maze of mirrors set before Feng giving it a far more appealing view. To top it all, the sight of many tiny cars pouring through the city in between buildings like the water in the penthouse was oddly satisfying. Bringing the tiny bowl to his lips, Feng sipped the vessel dry, allowing the taste to settle on his tongue before swallowing and enjoying the strong sting of the beverage. The trickling sound of water flowing in the streams of the penthouse added to the soothing mood Feng was in. Taking a breath in through his nose and closing his eyes, Feng soaked in the sounds of the solace. Perfec-.

All of a sudden the tranquillity was smashed as if a delicate and ancient vase had just hit a hard stone floor as men opened the entrance doors to the room briskly but gently. However considerate the doors were opened and closed however did little to soften the echoing clacks of a man and woman walking into Feng's presence. Nevermind then, an annoyed Feng thought to himself.

"Mister Kei," spoke the soft-voiced woman now in view of Feng, wearing a dress that barely covered her breasts and nether regions, "Mister Goh is here to see you." Goh Kimani came into sight of Feng shortly after she said that. The new guest wore a foreigner's suit, similar to those worn in Arcadia and Sevevill. The shirt was black along with the trousers, jacket and waistcoat but they were embossed with lighter and darker shades in the form of vines that twisted and turned all over his clothing. The tie, on the other hand, was a deep crimson and stuck out among the various blacks that made up Goh's clothing. It was a simple but intimidating look that meshed well with Kimani's shaven head and chiselled face. Kimani was a close friend of Kei Feng, who dealt with 54i overseas operations, of what little there were.

"Thank you, miss, you may leave." Said Feng, smiling with his mouth. Kimani took a seat and both men allowed the clacking of the assistant's heels to cease after the doors closed before beginning. Feng took a short inhale before speaking, "I can understand her keeping her shoes on, but why do you keep yours on?" he said stretching his bare feet.

"An unfortunate habit I've picked up from spending so much time in foreign lands, most of them keep their shoes on wherever they go" replied Goh, half smiling. Feng took a few seconds to look at his old friend, thinking before speaking. "What do I owe the pleasure, Kim? Your arrival is most..." Feng remembered that he was still annoyed that his quiet was ruined, "...unexpected," he smiled again. "An opportunity, Feng. The Seves have just suffered a tragic loss of life and staggering collateral damage in one of their more prominent port cities because of an oil supertanker, unfortunately, exploding in a terrible accident." Feng's eyes widened. "The death toll rises by the hour and many people go unaided as their government makes repairs to the harbour and infrastructure of the area. Many of them feel ignored, left to fend for themselves, and many vultures may soon prey on them." Kim leaned forward onto his knees. "We simply can't allow these poor people to go without assistance." He smiled as he finished.

"Well we can't have that now can we?" Feng responded while getting up slowly and gracefully, without having to shift his weight whatsoever. "We'd best make sure they have comfortable new futures outside of their country that seems to place no value on them." the ever calm man said. "I'll make sure they have a comfortable voyage as well as such a future, Kei."

Feng smiled a genuine smile. "You'd best be on your way then, Mister Goh. The Kinin charity is eager to help and we must give donations."

Kimani stood, "Of course, Master."
Last edited by Durradon on Wed May 15, 2019 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tech: 7 | Arcane: 0 | Influence: 7

NS STATS NOT USED, refer to factbook for more accurate information on Durradon.

Durradon is a constitutional citizen republic made of a tight confederacy of seven countries on the Ionis continent of the Markion region. The country's culture, geography and more draw inspiration from China, Japan, Mongolia, Norway and Nepal with a solid and unique foundation created by yours truly. A land united by the tides of war. A land of spiritualism and energy. A land of honest, hard-working people just trying to survive another day against imperialist powers.

Sevevill
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sevevill » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:42 am

New Connaria, Sevillian Empire
The shockwave had sent ripples through the city. Hundreds are dead and buildings crushed. Thousands are homeless and the city has been almost sent into a post apocoliptic state. Sevevill National Gaurd has moved into the city to start helping set up shelters and gide rescue operations and body recognition and cleanup. Sevevills core of Engineers has been sent to evaluate the city and make needed repairs. Sevevill Oil and Natural Gas had moved in to start a post accident cleanup although the coastal waters off of the city would never be the same. Humanitarian aide was coming in on planes to a Milatary base three hours outside of the city to be trucked into the damaged city.

meanwhile

Sevillian armed forces that are not currently deployed are getting ready for deployment all over the vast empire. Along with the factories starting to receive orders to re-tool for large scale military operations. A draft was being planned out over the empire along with calling up national gaurdsmen. Sevevill had started to prepare for war.
The Empire of Sevevill

First Connarian War [L]
Stagmarian War [W]
Dracuz Civil War [W]
Third Connarian War. [W]
War in the UCSO [-]

Markion Regional Discord
FREEKRAVEN

The Grande Republic 0f Arcadia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grande Republic 0f Arcadia » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:32 pm

Off the Coast of New Connaria

Capt. Lutz Schütz, ANHS. Kobold

The ANHS Kobold was a hospital ship named after the folk god of hearth. When they entered the waters of the disaster zone oil and bodies filled the water, and the once blue shores were stained black from the oil. The once blue skies blacked out by the smoke into a greyish blue, reminiscent of the rain shadows in the Vice Arcadian Republic. The Kobold had dispatched hovercraft to land on the shore to set up a large field aid center, while smaller craft looked for any survivors in the water. They had come with one destroyer, and two ramsey class vessels.

When Lutz walked out of the ridge, he walked down the steps leading to the main deck, and sailors and civilian members of the vessel were moving quick. The flight deck in the back was being prepared to take in injured and now with the injured coming within the hours, they had to move fast. The cots and surgery stations were already prepped for people to occupy the bunks. When Lutz looked over at the city, he looked through his binoculars and what used to be the streets of the city were flooded, and all travel in the coastal area of the city were traversed by boat.

On the ground, the hovercrafts were holding position until they get into contact with the Sevevill corps of engineers of the ground to cordinate aid, and to help set up the aid center
Proud Member of theINTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=422664

Been on NS since 2014
Right Leaning Centrist Kinda Libertarian Kinda Republican Take Your Pick

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grande Republic 0f Arcadia » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:28 pm

[align=center]Image
Electoral Upset in the Arcadian Raj

April 12th, 2035: With a suspected United Independent Party victory now up in ashes with a surprise victory by Governor-elect Ravi Kumar, with the FRP (Die föderalistisch-Republikanische Partei). Governor-elect Kumar who is a staunch federation supporter who has often called for imperial conventions to push for a united empire will take office one month from now, and already he has called for an imperial convention once more, and when he takes office he is also expected to take on the caste system which had propelled him into the status of a working-class hero among the lower castes which caused backlash a few months prior.

So who is this up and coming politician that has made such waves in the politics of the empire? Governor-elect Ravi Kumar, who is of 47 years of age grew up in a middle-class family and traveled to Emerstari for a college education. When he returned from college he went into the national service as a highway patrol officer, which exposed him to many of the castes, and the injustices it brings. This he has credited his criticisms of Casatolo's policy of allowing such a caste system, which he has described "A disgrace to our fine republic, morals, and institutions."

He first rose to the political scene after being elected into the Senate of the Raj. After supporting several laws with the help of the Social Democrats, he was propelled into the national limelight and has since become a face of the federalist republican party in the Raj.

This electoral success of his election campaign and the support for the FRP in Casatolo shows promise in the policies he wants to enact on both the colonial and the imperial level. Governor-elect Kumar also has given us this statement: " This election is a key turning point in the history of our fine colony, and empire. The injustices of the caste system have rotted this land for too long and manifesting itself as a failure of our republic. This will also give us a chance to strengthen environmental protection laws to clean out our rivers, lakes and to preserve our nature's beauties for the generation of tomorrow. I am glad the Raj made the right choice in electing me for public office once more."

Been on NS since 2014

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grande Republic 0f Arcadia » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:13 pm

New Casatolo, Arcadian Raj

Frieherr James Munche

The election in the Raj has pushed for a vote on an imperial convention that two days ago was set to begin. There had only been 13 Imperial Conventions before, the first of which decentralized the empire, allowing the colonies to impose 'self-rule'. The others dealt with major enforcement of imperial politics and changes in the Confederation Document. The Federalist-Republican Party and coalition managed to get the votes to begin a convention and have already pushed two major proposed reforms on the docket. The first would be the federalization of the empire, and the idea of the empire becoming a federation, and the creation of an absolute republican government which would abolish the monarchy in the nation.

As tradition with these conventions, the Freiherr would preside over the convention with an elected speaker who had already been chosen before the convention, and then the Chancellor. These conventions were often held in cities that belong to the colonies, albeit the first took place in Casatolo when the Kaiser was overthrown. The Raj had always been a staunch supporter of the Constitutional Union Party, at least collectively speaking, as they were on average more socially conservative than the rest of the empire. The debacle in the September Islands most likely hindered their efforts in the election. The conventions were divided between two houses; the first the Freiherr presides over which consists of the governors of each colony. The second was led by the chancellor, and the elected speaker and 113 members who have been chosen from the colonial parliament by their parties that would vote on the proposed reforms to the empire, if ratified it would head to the parliament of each colony, and if it passes, the reform becomes a reality.

The city of New Casatolo was a mix of classical Hindi architecture and a western urban skyline. It was quite beautiful as the contrast of new and old was clearly visible. The motorcade consisted of the Freiherr's vehicle, then the chancellors, and then the security cars. As the car moved down the road the Freiherr looked at his schedule for the convention. The first day was always a meet and greet with local officials and those that would attend the convention. When the car did reach the main road of the city, the road that lead to the Bhate Parliamentary Building people were in the streets watching the motorcade pass, the flag of the Republic, and the colony flew from nearly every building of the boulevard. A few minutes passed, and they arrived at the security checkpoint. The security check was about ten minutes and they were soon waved through. The Bhate Parliamentary Building was named after Vakpati Bhate, the first governor of the colony. The building was a Hindi sub-sect of neo-romanticist architecture known as 'Chhayavaad'.

Next to the Bhate Parliamentary Building was the hotel the delegates were staying in. It was a slight walk, but near government buildings at this level cars were usually not allowed on the streets, and most of the traffic was foot traffic. The local National Territorial Defense Forces' honor guard was stationed at the building keeping guard.

When they entered the Parliamentary Building the halls were spotless, and the intricate designs on the ceiling were a sight for the eyes. The marble floor was set in patterns of squares, brown and tan. The walls were made of marble as well, and the staircase up to the second floor in the rotunda was of a brighter shade of brown with a gold finish on the edges. The buildings upkeep staff was primarily made up of the lower classes in thier caste system that the colony clung on to. While the Freiherr disagreed with the act of a caste system, legally the empire had no right to dictate the system as one of the terms that the Raj joined the empire under was the preservation of the caste system as it posed 'cultural significance' In the rotunda the Freiherr was met by Governor-elect Ravi Kumar and Governor Ananda Patel. The Freiherr greeted the two and spoke "Congratulations on your victory MP Kumar, you did well in your campaign." He then turned to Governor Patel with the same smile that MP Kumar was met with and once more spoke "Thank you for serving the empire, and your people, if you are ever back in Casatolo you should stop by, it's been a long time." Governor Patel responded with a smile and said "It has been a long time, I remember you being a child, and now look at you, your the Freiherr. I just might have to take you up on that offer."

When a lull in the day hit, Freiherr Munche sat looking out at the city, at the clear skies and the trees that lined the streets. A white bird flew overhead, and the city while so busy was calming to him. His wife didn't come with him on this trip, but once again another chance at peace and quiet. He did, however, give her a call to update her on how things were going. When he looked back at his watch it was about time for lunch. It was going to be a light lunch since the gala tonight would have a feast worth of food. When the sun began to set and the gala began, the Freiherr was once of the first to arrive. Those that would be in attendance were the convention delegates of course, and major officials in the colony. The Freiherr did strike up an interesting conversation with General Navin Upasani, who the federal government had to intervene on his behalf for his promotion to general, and his subsequent assignment to the position of head of the National Territorial Defense Forces Garrison since he was a member of the Vaishyas caste which like the other lower classes was frowned upon in the garrison and were usually some of the last to promote. This is why many soldiers from the lower classes enlist in the federal forces, and many from other areas of the empire are assigned here, with those from the colony who did volunteer for service in the NTDF. He and General Upasani struck up a conversation on music, the General was partial to music from the eastern empire, and from the Republic instead of the Hindi music that is common in the Raj. When more people did arrive he began to talk to each of the governors, some of which he met for the first time since his inauguration as Freiherr.

The gala went well, he gave a speech welcoming everyone to the convention, and the food was some of the best he has had. Dishes from around the empire were served, and the music was well performed. When the gala did end, many delegates retired back to their rooms. When the Freiherr walked into his room he took off his suit's jacket, and untied his tie, and put both to hang on a chair. His room had a balcony in which he walked out to. The skyline was even more beautiful at night than the day. Moving blots of light filled the streets as cars drove, the lights of the buildings danced against the shadows making the city feel even more alive. He went back to sit on his bed and turn on the TV, as air blew in through the now open doors. The TV had only a few channels in German, and switched it off and turned on the streaming service on his phone.

The next day would be the opening of the convention and the proposed reforms and opening arguments and the such. It would be a long day, and the convention would most likely last about a week, no convention has ever went over a week in length.

Chancellor Jule Beaulne

Jule Beaulne was in a precarious situation as the convention began. The reforms proposed would make her the most powerful person on earth if they passed. If the reform to abolish the monarchy was abolished she would become the head of state and the head of government. The Raj was one of the larger colonies in the empire. The FRP victory was unprecedented and set the CUP back heavily.

For most of the day, she was held up in press conferences with the rest of the delegates and looking over the reforms. The Freiherr was handling the PR while she was stuck with the political aspect. It was strange to think that that two childhood friends became the leaders o the empire. But with her winning the Chancellorship, and her relationship with the royal family it lead to cries and claims of nepotism in the empire, and claims of corruption. This was one of the leading factors in the push for FASC, to limit the royal family and push them into the obscure world of retirement.

The CUP had prepared some reforms that managed to make it past parliament two days before, the first was to give economic policy control over to the federal government, and to give the power of placing embargos to the colonial parliament as well. The second reform was a bargaining chip to ensure the monarchy stays intact since the second reform passed by a landslide to be brought to the convention. She had met with her staff, and the Freiherr to coordinate efforts on the convention. That meeting lasted an hour before the gala began.

When Jule arrived at the gala, people had been funneling in. Jule talked with other delegates catching up with old friends, and meeting those who she has not yet met. Politics was not discussed that evening, but many were getting caught back up with each other. The gala ended a few hours later, and Jule went to her room to prepare for the next day. Her white suit was placed ready, her alarms set, and papers ready. Tomorrow would start one of the most important days in the empire.

Been on NS since 2014

Sevevill
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sevevill » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:04 pm

Seve City Sevevill

President Joseph Henry Adressing the Empire

The Incident in New Connaria. A coastal city underneath the LFN has been victem to a oil tanker coliding with the city. This "incident" is being heavily investigated although the large loss of life we are sending soldiers and aid to the people of New Connaria. The embargo will hold fast in this time of need and this not be taken lightly. The Empire is preparing for war. We will not take this lightly meaning that we are preparing for war. This seems like no accident.

With that he walked off of the stage.
The Empire of Sevevill

First Connarian War [L]
Stagmarian War [W]
Dracuz Civil War [W]
Third Connarian War. [W]
War in the UCSO [-]

Markion Regional Discord
FREEKRAVEN

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grande Republic 0f Arcadia » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:23 pm

New Casatolo, Arcadian Raj

Freiherr James Munche

The morning began early, with a knock on his door. At the door was his assistant who had brought him which had been cleaned the day before they left. The sun hadn't risen and he was already in a meeting to discuss the reforms presented by their party, and nation. Chancellor Beaulne was looking over her papers when MP Speck spoke: "Since no one has mentioned it, what happens if the monarchy is abolished?" Chancellor Beaulne shot back "It will not happen, that's why we hold the embargo reform as ransom, worst-case scenario we compromise on it. But even then it will not happen, the public support will tank it and will kill any of their party's chances of getting elected next election season."

When the hour mark ended food was brought in, it was food that would be commonly found back in Arcadia. When they discussed the plan of action. The MPs from the Raj and Dacruz were confident that they could secure the lower chamber that would be voting, where the upper chamber would rely solely on the Freiherr and one MP from the Northern Arcadia Territories.

The free convention meeting ended an hour later, and the Freiherr was happy to be out of such a dark room. The sun was finally coming over the horizon, the light seeped in giving the tan marble floor a yellowish tint. When the Freiherr looked out the window he saw the sunlight shine through the tree's foliage and the courtyard in which a few people walked in was still submerged in darkness, as areas of the courtyard have not yet been hit by the morning sun.

The room the upper chamber would occupy is used by the upper house of the Raj colonial parliament. The room was in the shape of a circle with much of the first floor's walls being wood, and the rest a white marble. The spectators watched on from the second-floor balcony in small numbers, as the delegates from the parties and colonies. The convention was being filmed but not broadcasted in Parliamentary TV, as these meetings were closed until the voting had ended. When the last of the delegates entered the room, the doors were locked by security, and the Freiherr took his place at the speaker's seat, and he stood. He went over the lines in his head and he spoke "All rise. Delegates of the Empire, and your political factions here we assemble to form a greater empire to guide our peoples to prosperity and safety. This convention shall decide the fate of our empire, its interests and people until the next convention is convened. Now we begin the convention in the upper chamber on the date of April 17th, 2036." What he had just said was spoken by every sitting Freiherr when a convention was called during their reign.

With the convention beginning each party, and colonial group had a chance to speak on the proposed reform, and the convention would usually last around four days since the bill had to be passed in both houses, and if it fails in one it will be revised by the house that failed it and sent to the house that voted in favor. If it fails after that the reform is effectively defunct. The day was a dull one, but the law that every delegate had their attention on was the creation of FASC and the abolition of the monarchy. This proposed reform would start in the upper house and if passed move to the lower house. If it fails here on the first presentation it would move to the lower chamber as well to decide if its sent back to them.

MP Alana Cook who represented the FRP, and the Commonwealth of New Dacruz. She looked up from her papers and she spoke: "When the Arcadian revolutionaries overthrew the monarchy, they did so to abolish the very notion of the monarch, the very end of a hereditary position in the government, here or anywhere. So many soldiers have given thier lives in the name of freedom and republicanism but yet we do not have a true republic back at the homefront. in the schools, we teach our kids the evils of authoritarian regimes, and yet we still hold to the notion of a monarchy. The Royal family's reign had plunged the empire into a civil war and doomed the November Republic to live under a Kaiser once more until the liberation by Arcadian forces. The current form of government is nothing but a stain on our empire's values and dedication to freedom---" She went on talking for another hour, and then MP Rupert Happe from the Royalist Party stood up and he spoke "While working with the Constitutional Union Party over the past few days thanks to our coalition to defend the institutions of our republic has been a true honor. The institutions of the Republic are not stained by the position of the Frieherr as our republican institutions prevented it at every cost. the Power of the monarchy is divided between nine other people, and can even be abolished by a vote in parliament. If the Freiherr is truly unfit why has parliament not acted? In fact, this is a mere witch hunt with claims of nepotism and corruption only to further their political goals---" Happe spoke for another thirty minutes before stopping. One by one more MPs spoke about the reform in order one by one. The vote for the bill narrowily passed by one vote, now it was up to the lower chamber to decide the fate of the reform.

Been on NS since 2014

United City States of Oceania
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United City States of Oceania » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:23 pm

Grand Senate, Entropia, Oceania

The Supreme Councillor trotted into the chamber once again, returning after an brief cabinet huddle. The foray into Sevevill had not gone as planned at all; they had been forced to turn back, and had lost a supertanker in the process. To make matters worse, the supertanker had been carrying highly flammable crude oil ‘condensate’, and suffered an electrical fire on the bridge, resulting in a loss of control and forcing the crew to evacuate. The tanker, however, had continued at full speed towards the port city of New Connaria, and upon crashing into the docks, had detonated. The port itself had been leveled, and the city had suffered extensive damage, likely in the billions of dollars. Little did the Supreme Councillor know, it had not been an accident at all.

As the Supreme Councillor reached the Speaker’s Chair, the chamber went dead silent, and he began his speech.

“My fellow Oceanians, today will live on as a day marked and marred by tragedy. Just minutes ago, the TI-class supertanker S.S. Madistar suffered a catastrophic electrical fire in the bridge, resulting in the loss of control of the vessel. As the crew were unable to slow the ship down, they were forced to evacuate the vessel in the ship’s lifeboats. The ship continued, unmanned, towards the port city of New Connaria. Oceanic vessels in the area were unable to assist in stopping the tanker, due to orders from Sevevill to leave their territorial waters. The Sevevillians were unable to prevent the ship from reaching the shore, and upon colliding with the port, over three million barrels of crude oil the tanker was transporting detonated, resulting in a massive explosion. Hundreds have been confirmed dead, and many thousands more missing, and were likely killed. Furthermore, countless others have been injured in the explosion. A minor tsunami has also struck the city.”

“The Arcadian Navy has already sent a vessel to assist with recovery efforts, and we fully ready to provide any material assistance that Sevevill requests, with our vessels in the region. We are also fully prepared to pay for all damage caused by the explosion, as long as the underlying cause of this catastrophe is addressed. We must not forget that underlying cause; Sevevill’s embargo on trade with the United City States of Oceania. This embargo, which was implemented unilaterally, without precedent or regard for international law, and without any sort of reasoning or justification provided, hurts all parties involved. Sevevill seeks to push this great nation around with these restrictions, but they must know that we will stand firm, especially in the face of adversity.”

“It has also come to our attention that Sevevill has begun orchestrating a military build-up and a mobilization of military assets. This is both alarming and concerning; we have, and will continue to pursue a peaceful resolution to this dispute. We will attempt to avoid a conflict at all costs, as a war would be disastrous for both sides. However, if Sevevill acts aggressively, we have no choice to respond in kind. Therefore, I have authorized the Defense Minister to begin overseeing a preparation of the armed forces for a large-scale conflict. All reserve forces have been called up, and training has been increased. We are now on the highest alert level, and additional industrial capacity is being brought online. Peace always is, has been, and will be the preferred outcome, but if war is what it comes to, then we will fight.”
Last edited by United City States of Oceania on Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Dentali wrote:
What is this? Captain America: Civil War?

No that had attractive people

This is the realistic version of that movie, then.

Uttland wrote:Why are the Reeds speaking Baguette? Don’t they know that in America we don’t tolerate Muslim languages like Baguette?

Liriena wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:Would you give your kid to the Donald? Why or why not?

I wouldn't give him a f**king cockroach to look after. He'd probably nominate it for SCOTUS.

Durradon
Attaché

Postby Durradon » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:11 am

Anti-KP Protests in CSD

Troubling images have recently surfaced regarding the CSD's recent signing of the Kamooko Accords. Protestors, who believe that the KP is a foreign power out to seize Durranese independence, defaced newly opened KP administration offices and KDC recruitment centres with graffiti. Insults such as "Eskimos go home." and "Demons curse you." were among far more profane and disrespectful comments. Although most of the protestors seem to be peacefully gathering outside KP property and simply letting their voices be heard, more violent happenings are occurring with each passing day, including smashing windows. Some KP workers have come forward to make statements regarding being assaulted by armed biker gangs, however, this has been met with large backlash from the massive biker community across the CSD, on the contrary, they also denounced the actions of the unknown biker gang. Only minor injuries have been reported but property damages are becoming far more frequent and with recent muggings, it is predicted that the situation will worsen if the government does not respond to the protests.

Durradon is a constitutional citizen republic made of a tight confederacy of seven countries on the Ionis continent of the Markion region. The country's culture, geography and more draw inspiration from China, Japan, Mongolia, Norway and Nepal with a solid and unique foundation created by yours truly. A land united by the tides of war. A land of spiritualism and energy. A land of honest, hard-working people just trying to survive another day against imperialist powers.

Sevevill
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sevevill » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:25 am

Atlas Operative _______ ____ ______

He was typing on a laptop waiting for a secure connection to use for this call. He was trying to contact the leader of 54i. Specificly the leader Kai Feng. He clicked the enter key and a video call popped up. The ringing filled his earbuds as he waited for the call to connect.

New Connaria Update
Sevevill News at 8 special update

As the city starts to re-gain some lively hood sevevill soldiers have finished clearing the affected area of the city while the Army Engineers along with Arcadia have gotten the power. Bodies have been moved for possible identifacation form family member while there are still a few missing. Although Aide efforts have been going well. The majority of the citizens have been moved to other citys around the empire temporarily while the city was being occupied by the Marines and National Gaurd.

Breaking: Sevevill Marines and Army Core of Engineers have discovered camera footage of the explosion. Hopefully will move the investigation further. While the rest of the investigating party have been studying the ships blueprints to see about the safety fetures and how the "Fire" in the bridge and collision with the sea wall caused such a large explosion.
The Empire of Sevevill

First Connarian War [L]
Stagmarian War [W]
Dracuz Civil War [W]
Third Connarian War. [W]
War in the UCSO [-]

Markion Regional Discord
FREEKRAVEN

Durradon
Attaché

Postby Durradon » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:24 am

Sevevill wrote:Atlas Operative _______ ____ ______

He was typing on a laptop waiting for a secure connection to use for this call. He was trying to contact the leader of 54i. Specificly the leader Kai Feng. He clicked the enter key and a video call popped up. The ringing filled his earbuds as he waited for the call to connect.

It was early morning, the yellow sun peered over the horizon slowly as a new day dawned. It was peaceful this at this hour as the anti-KP protests had not yet started once again. On the balcony, Feng stretched his legs upwards as he balanced on his forearms, his half-naked, toned and lithe body tensing as the wind of the Durranese high risers kissed his sweating skin. The balcony was large, empty and smoothly jutted out of Zaishazhon Tower. A large but shallow wooden stage took up most of the terrace, Feng was in the centre of it. Moments passed and Feng finally let his legs come down and rest for a short time. He looked around, breathing gently through his nostrils, counting every inhale and exhale. Looking down, Feng noticed the sweat had built up a lot from his exercises. It was time to wash clean. Having poured himself a bath and had some of his female assistants clean for him, Feng relaxed as the girls finished washing their master and he allowed them to leave. However, as the servants left, another entered holding a phone, gesturing it towards Feng, explaining who it was and that the phone had been silenced and was on a secure line. Feng brought the phone to his ear, unmuted it and spoke.

"To what do I owe the pleasure, Sevevillian, I'm told you won't tell any of my people your name nor your intention... Tsk tsk tsk... that is considered very rude here in Durradon." Feng stepped out of his bath gracefully and with little to no noise, summoning his servants to dry him. "I hope you're fine without video footage for now as I'm somewhat indecent at the moment."
Last edited by Durradon on Wed May 15, 2019 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sevevill
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sevevill » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:47 am

Durradon wrote:
Sevevill wrote:Atlas Operative _______ ____ ______

Ryune, Katno District, Zaishazhon Tower

It was early morning, the yellow sun peered over the horizon slowly as a new day dawned. It was peaceful this at this hour as the anti-KP protests had not yet started once again. On the balcony, Feng stretched his legs upwards as he balanced on his forearms, his half-naked, toned and lithe body tensing as the wind of the Durranese high risers kissed his sweating skin. The balcony was large, empty and smoothly jutted out of Zaishazhon Tower. A large but shallow wooden stage took up most of the terrace, Feng was in the centre of it. Moments passed and Feng finally let his legs come down and rest for a short time. He looked around, breathing gently through his nostrils, counting every inhale and exhale. Looking down, Feng noticed the sweat had built up a lot from his exercises. It was time to wash clean. Having poured himself a bath and had some of his female assistants clean for him, Feng relaxed as the girls finished washing their master and he allowed them to leave. However, as the servants left, another entered holding a phone, gesturing it towards Feng, explaining who it was and that the phone had been silenced and was on a secure line. Feng brought the phone to his ear, unmuted it and spoke.

"To what do I owe the pleasure, Sevevillian, I'm told you won't tell any of my people your name nor your intention... Tsk tsk tsk... that is considered very rude here in Durradon." Feng stepped out of his bath gracefully and with little to no noise, summoning his servants to dry him. "I hope you're fine without video footage for now as I'm somewhat indecent at the moment."

Atlas Operative. ______ _____ ______
“My name is of little inportance... to everyone I am Sandman. No video is fine Mr Feng. My government has come to you talk about a plan that you would greatly benifit form if you are willing to listen sir.”
The Empire of Sevevill

First Connarian War [L]
Stagmarian War [W]
Dracuz Civil War [W]
Third Connarian War. [W]
War in the UCSO [-]

Markion Regional Discord
FREEKRAVEN

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United City States of Oceania » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:40 pm

Entropia, Oceania

The Supreme Councillor stood at one of the podiums, while the President of September Island stood at another. They had organized the joint press conference in a hurry. For weeks, negotiators from the two nations had been secretly hashing out some sort of agreement between the countries. Last night, an unexpected breakthrough had been made, and a deal had been secured. This press conference would be a big one.

“Good evening everyone, and thank you for being here on such short notice. I’m here to tell you all today about something major which has occurred. I am proud to announce that a deal has been reached with the provisional government of September Island.”

“We have reached an agreement that would see September Island incorporated as an Autonomous Domain of the United City States of Oceania. This would make the Crown Prince the head of state in the island, however, as in the other Autonomous Domains and the UCSO, his role would be completely ceremonial. This allow the nation to remain completely autonomous, but with the benefit of membership in the Oceanic Federation which would include the freedom of movement of citizens, single market, customs union, and defense pact, among other things. The governments of Engbergia and the Engberg Islands have been informed of the proposed addition, and they have consented.”

“The agreement will take the form of a constitutional amendment, and as per the current constitution, the changes will be voted upon in a national referendum. A majority of 60% will be required for the changes to pass. We invite international observers to September Island, to certify that the referendum, which will be held one week from now, is free, fair, peaceful and credible. There may be some concerns about the very brief timeframe, but the resources from the recent national election are still in place and can be organized at a moment’s notice, and the temporary nature of the provisional government necessitates a swift decision. Before we conclude, the President of September Island will say a few words.”

The President began speaking in his thick Septemberish accent.

“Thank you, Jackson. Today begins a new chapter in the relationship between September Island and Oceania. Our nations will once again stand hand in hand, like brothers, just as we did for so many centuries. Today marks the beginning of an era of prosperity and peace in September Island. Today begins a new age.”

“Thank you, Mr. President, for your inspiring words. I apologize to you all, but we will not be taking any more questions. The full agreement will be released to the public soon. I look forward to speaking on this again next week.”
Last edited by United City States of Oceania on Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dentali wrote:

Uttland wrote:Why are the Reeds speaking Baguette? Don’t they know that in America we don’t tolerate Muslim languages like Baguette?

Liriena wrote:

I wouldn't give him a f**king cockroach to look after. He'd probably nominate it for SCOTUS.

Diyaristan
Envoy

Founded: Apr 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Diyaristan » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:38 pm

President Urges Calm Following Nationalist Attacks

During a speech in Burale, Pres. Hamara stressed that if he hadn't invited Sevevillian rule, the alternative would have been continued war and chaos, rather than the peace that the people now enjoy.

But, moments later, Hamara surprised his listeners. He said, "in order to stop the infighting between nationalists and the Sevevillians, in the interests of both our countries, we ask Sevevill for a formal restoration of our political independence and free elections. Such a move would assure Sevevillian business interests and our historic military and commercial ties greater security in these times when I have reason to fear a full-scale nationalist revolt that I cannot otherwise persuade or control from going down a destructive path and harming Sevevillian lives. This will only help our common enemies, like the Anavokian Communists who have invaded the nation before and who are conspiring to return to power, and which an independent, democratic Diyaristan can help you defeat."

A communique released by the Democratic Diyaristani Army, a nationalist rebel group made mostly of Diyaristani Army veterans, that has claimed responsibility for attacks upon Sevevillian soldiers, informed the Sevevillian Government that they would once again recognize Hamara's authority if the former Republic of Diyaristan was restored, and all Sevevillian troops were indeed redeployed to Anavokia. "The President we used to support has proven that he is not a traitor to the nation as we previously believed. Much needless bloodshed can be avoided, if you will grant the people freedom."

continued on Page 1C
(Sevevillian-Occupied) Republic of Diyaristan - جمهيريأ دياراسطانا
Formerly an independent but flawed democracy; now under a foreign flag and occupation forces

The most conscientious leftists are shooting themselves in the foot with their ethic of sacrificing their own best to people who might not be trustworthy. The worse of them, when they fall behind in the race, decide they want to shoot others in the foot to make the race fair. Nature stubbornly refuses to be egalitarian. Not everyone can run at the same pace, or think at the same pace, and equality necessarily implies hobbling progress with worse speed for all but the slowest.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United City States of Oceania » Thu May 02, 2019 4:23 pm

OBC News Network

23rd April, 2035 - With 3 days left to go until the polls close in September Island's landmark referendum, The ruling Yes-supporting Reform Party has made concessions to the center-right, No-supporting Silvian Party, the main opposition in the nation, which threatened to boycott the referendum if it's demands were not met. The threshold of passage for the referendum has been increased to 67%, from the previous 60%. Both parties have stated that they will respect the outcome of the referendum, regardless of what it is. Both sides are campaigning heavily, with polls showing somewhere from 65% to 72% of the population supporting the island becoming an autonomous region of the UCSO.
Last edited by United City States of Oceania on Sun May 05, 2019 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dentali wrote:

Liriena wrote:

Durradon
Attaché

Postby Durradon » Fri May 03, 2019 1:34 pm

Sevevill wrote:Atlas Operative. ______ _____ ______
“My name is of little inportance... to everyone I am Sandman. No video is fine Mr Feng. My government has come to you talk about a plan that you would greatly benifit form if you are willing to listen sir.”

Feng smiled like a jester "Oh my, so very ominous..." one of the girls took the phone and held it to his ear as Feng began to clothe himself, "you have my attention, for the time being." he took the phone from the servant's hands and stood in his penthouse, sipping water occasionally. "Please continue keeping in mind of course that I've little time on my hands, I am a very busy man."

Durradon wrote:Troubling images have recently surfaced regarding the CSD's recent signing of the Kamooko Accords. Protestors, who believe that the KP is a foreign power out to seize Durranese independence, defaced newly opened KP administration offices and KDC recruitment centres with graffiti. Insults such as "Eskimos go home." and "Demons curse you." were among far more profane and disrespectful comments. Although most of the protestors seem to be peacefully gathering outside KP property and simply letting their voices be heard, more violent happenings are occurring with each passing day, including smashing windows. Some KP workers have come forward to make statements regarding being assaulted by armed biker gangs, however, this has been met with large backlash from the massive biker community across the CSD, on the contrary, they also denounced the actions of the unknown biker gang. Only minor injuries have been reported but property damages are becoming far more frequent and with recent muggings, it is predicted that the situation will worsen if the government does not respond to the protests.

Anti-KP Protests in CSD: First Casualties

Just a few days after the protests began, the first casualties have been recorded. With peaceful protests being pushed aside by Confederate Security to clear the roads and allow traffic to flow, some passionate protestors became violent and attacked Security officers. Confederate Security responded with shock batons and riot futons, the latter made some protestors feel awfully silly and so they went home shortly after. Only a few members of Security were hospitalised, receiving broken bones and harsh bruising. However, the KP in Ryune has taken the levels of security to a new high with KDC recruitment stations having to call Confederate Security to defend them until further notice from violent gangs, who drove past the station and fired their weapons at the building. Weapons were not fired at bystanders or KP workers. Those who tried to stop them were severely beaten by gang members with batons. None have died in these protests, but hospitals in the local area are seeing a sharp rise in patients.

Last edited by Durradon on Wed May 15, 2019 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United City States of Oceania » Sun May 05, 2019 12:08 pm

OBC News Network

26th April, 2035 - With the closure of polls in September Island's historic constitutional referendum just hours away, international observers from a multitude of countries, including the CSD, Guanja, Terestroi, and Altos and Stratis, have been closely monitoring the voting to insure the elections are free, fair, peaceful and credible. Due to the polling day ban on campaigning, both parties are eagerly waiting the results in their respective campaign headquarters.
Dentali wrote:

Liriena wrote:

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United City States of Oceania » Sun May 05, 2019 12:22 pm

OBC News Network

26th April, 2035 - With the closure of polls in September Island's historic constitutional referendum just hours away, international observers from a multitude of countries, including the CSD, Guanja, Terestroi, and Altos and Stratis, have been closely monitoring the voting to insure the elections are free, fair, peaceful and credible. Due to the polling day ban on campaigning, both parties are eagerly waiting the results in their respective campaign headquarters.

OBC News Network

26th April, 2035 - Breaking News: Local news sources in September Island have reported disturbances in Barcelonica, the northwestern region of September Island. At the moment, OBCNN is unable to confirm these reports, or the nature of the disturbances. The Barcelonica region, which is sparsely populated save for Catalon, the 2nd largest city in September Island, was widely expected to heavily vote "No" the referendum.
Last edited by United City States of Oceania on Sun May 05, 2019 12:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dentali wrote:

Liriena wrote:

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United City States of Oceania » Sun May 05, 2019 1:03 pm

OBC News Network

OBC News Network

26th April, 2035 - Breaking News: Local news sources in September Island have reported disturbances in Barcelonica, the northwestern region of September Island. At the moment, OBCNN is unable to confirm these reports, or the nature of the disturbances. The Barcelonica region, which is sparsely populated save for Catalon, the 2nd largest city in September Island, was widely expected to heavily vote "No" the referendum.

OBC News Network

26th April, 2035 - Update: At this point, the OBCNN can confirm that the disturbances previously reported in Barcelonica were unexpectedly long lineups. Turnout in the region is substantially higher than expected, and some polling stations are reporting 1 hour wait times to vote. The September Island Electoral Commission is expected to extend voting hours in the area.
Last edited by United City States of Oceania on Sun May 05, 2019 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dentali wrote:

Liriena wrote:

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United City States of Oceania » Sun May 05, 2019 1:19 pm

OBC News Network

OBC News Network

26th April, 2035 - Update: At this point, the OBCNN can confirm that the disturbances previously reported in Barcelonica were unexpectedly long lineups. Turnout in the region is substantially higher than expected, and some polling stations are reporting 1 hour wait times to vote. The September Island Electoral Commission is expected to extend voting hours in the area.

OBC News Network

26th April, 2035 - Breaking News: Polls have now closed in most of September Island, excluding the Barcelonica region, and ballots are expected to begin being counted shortly. Stay with OBCNN for full coverage of the September Island referendum.
Dentali wrote:

Liriena wrote:

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United City States of Oceania » Sun May 05, 2019 5:28 pm

OBC News Network

26th April, 2035 - Breaking News: The September Island Electoral Commission has announced a delay in ballot counting until after all polls close.
Dentali wrote:

Liriena wrote:

Sevevill
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sevevill » Sun May 05, 2019 6:55 pm

OOC: Lot to cover here. Been working a week or so on finishing this! sorry not to have responded sooner!

Durradon wrote:
Sevevill wrote:Atlas Operative. ______ _____ ______

Ryune, Katno District, Zaishazhon Tower

Feng smiled like a jester "Oh my, so very ominous..." one of the girls took the phone and held it to his ear as Feng began to clothe himself, "you have my attention, for the time being." he took the phone from the servant's hands and stood in his penthouse, sipping water occasionally. "Please continue keeping in mind of course that I've little time on my hands, I am a very busy man."

-cut-

Atlas Operative. _______ "Sandman" ______

"Mr, Kei. We would like to propose you foster a revolution. Remove your government form power with support form Sevevill. We are not concerned with who runs the government or how you would like to go about things after the nation has fallen and whomever you choose to support as leader is as long as you continue to be on the Sevillians side and help us take down the KP. We are willing to give you whatever you need. Guns, Tanks, Planes, Trainers, Gear. All untraceable to either you or the Empire."

President Izgar Hamara.
"Sir, You have visitors form the Imperial Armed Forces." A servent said as he opened the door slightly not to disrupt the president.
"Right, Send them in." Quickly moving some ominous emails form his desktop screen and standing. Two burly men entered the room wearing the dress uniform of the Imperial Armed forces. They bowed politely.
"Mr. President. I have some good news. The remainder of the resistance in the lower region has subsided. Rebuilding can start successfully across the nation!"
"Wondeful! What will be some of the first projects covered in that region other than the national parks and rebuilding of destroyed infastructure?" He had sucsessfuly pushed some national park laws through to make sure that some land was left un-touched by mining companys. Trails and capgrounds were to be constructed for the enjoyment of the empires citizens.
"We will be dismantling some of the old Sevillian infrastructure left form the Connarian war and re-constructing graveyards. Along with schools and other national monuments." One of the officers said.
"Good good. Is that all?" he asked.
"Yes sir. Thank you for making time."
"Of Course Gentlemen."

Diaristany Defence forces figting and protecting their nation. img, Soldiers after leaving their training grounds ready to go assist on the defense of their nation.

Pvt. Ishard Gracia. 6th Infantry 88th Continental Defense Force. Southern Region.
They were in a small town. It hadent gotten very hit hard by the rebellion forces. So they had been sent to make sure that nothing bad was brewing in the town. The humvees had already been dismounted and they were walking through the town and talking to people asking for information and any knowledge of unusual activity. This was their regular duty now and would continue to be until this region was secure.

Situation in new Connaria

Skeptics have started to say that the oil tanker explosion was purposeful as military and shipping experts say ships like it have very intensive fire suppresion foam all over the ship. Others have stated that a oil tanker of that magnitude would have safeguards to prevent a explosion if the ship hit something as the investigation continues into the travesty.
The Empire of Sevevill

First Connarian War [L]
Stagmarian War [W]
Dracuz Civil War [W]
Third Connarian War. [W]
War in the UCSO [-]

Markion Regional Discord
FREEKRAVEN

Sevevill
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sevevill » Mon May 06, 2019 9:16 am

Diyaristan wrote:

President Urges Calm Following Nationalist Attacks

During a speech in Burale, Pres. Hamara stressed that if he hadn't invited Sevevillian rule, the alternative would have been continued war and chaos, rather than the peace that the people now enjoy.

But, moments later, Hamara surprised his listeners. He said, "in order to stop the infighting between nationalists and the Sevevillians, in the interests of both our countries, we ask Sevevill for a formal restoration of our political independence and free elections. Such a move would assure Sevevillian business interests and our historic military and commercial ties greater security in these times when I have reason to fear a full-scale nationalist revolt that I cannot otherwise persuade or control from going down a destructive path and harming Sevevillian lives. This will only help our common enemies, like the Anavokian Communists who have invaded the nation before and who are conspiring to return to power, and which an independent, democratic Diyaristan can help you defeat."

A communique released by the Democratic Diyaristani Army, a nationalist rebel group made mostly of Diyaristani Army veterans, that has claimed responsibility for attacks upon Sevevillian soldiers, informed the Sevevillian Government that they would once again recognize Hamara's authority if the former Republic of Diyaristan was restored, and all Sevevillian troops were indeed redeployed to Anavokia. "The President we used to support has proven that he is not a traitor to the nation as we previously believed. Much needless bloodshed can be avoided, if you will grant the people freedom."

continued on Page 1C

Two weeks after speach

President Joseph Henry. Diyarastan meeting with President Harmana

"My good friend, I see no reason to leave the Sevillian Empire. If you do you loose the constant support of the empire. But I do see ways that we can improve the relations of your nation and its people. We can draw back Imperial soldiers. And give you more room to run your nation how you would like under the empire. Your National Gaurd is being trained up to the standards of the empire and we greatly value your work in restoring your nation. Personally I greatly value your nation as part of the empire." He said. Five Royal Gaurdsman were standing behind him. Along with the Diyaristani Branch of the Royal Gaurd instructed to protect President Harmana.
The Empire of Sevevill

First Connarian War [L]
Stagmarian War [W]
Dracuz Civil War [W]
Third Connarian War. [W]
War in the UCSO [-]

Markion Regional Discord
FREEKRAVEN

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United City States of Oceania » Mon May 06, 2019 3:52 pm

OBC News Network

26th April, 2035 - Breaking News: The September Island Electoral Commission has announced a delay in ballot counting until after all polls close.

OBC News Network

26th April, 2035 - Breaking News: With 63% of ballots estimated to be counted, 72.9% of voters support the Yes side. However, the turnout in the heavily No-supporting Barcelonica region is expected to be much higher than previously estimated, meaning that the number could potentially drop below the 67% threshold. Stay with OBCNN for live coverage.
Dentali wrote:

Liriena wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates