NATION

PASSWORD

56th WorldVision Song Contest- Besini Pãcretana, Besini [IC]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Tue May 23, 2017 12:06 pm

18 MISTER X

Chris David - "In Your Eyes"
Tune: Diana Ross feat. Michael Jackson - "Eaten Alive".
Music: Chris David, Ryan Tunnicliffe.
Lyrics: Chris David, Ryan Tunnicliffe.

Chris David is back on the WorldVision stage. This dramatic, high-octane song will be sure to keep the world's viewers on the edge of their seats. The song, "In Your Eyes", is all about being up close and personal, invading one's private space, and just wondering how far some people will go to get their will, without being all clingy. After his previous WorldVision failure, Chris's boyfriend Ryan left him, claiming he didn't want to share a personal space with someone who "couldn't sing" and was in his face all of the time.

In an attempt to win him back on his publicity tour for WorldVision 56, Chris David revisited Ryan's home in Majorium, Mister X's second city. In so doing, he discovered that Ryan hadn't left the house for days owing to a series of unexplained disappearances. Chris avowed to get to the bottom of the mystery. For that, Chris decided he would need to be captured himself. This he did, and found himself transported overnight to Africa, being put to sleep onboard the transport. He woke up in the middle of a barren desert, with only lions for company. Chris slowly moved around and saw several other people half-eaten. But then, he discovered one of his and Ryan's mutual friends, clinging to life, slowly hiding in the undergrowth. Slowly gathering more people, the posse quickly discovered that they would only go for you if you ran. Moving slowly towards where they had all woken up, they hijacked the craft and flew themselves home. Returning to Ryan's doorstep, Chris told him it was all safe now. Ryan still had misgivings over Chris, and agreed that he would only reform as a couple if they could win the WorldVision Song Contest.

This clearly mattered to Chris. He wanted Ryan so badly. He started off in the dark and decided to draw on his experiences for staging influence. Whilst he decided to stop short of recreating the incident, he began crouched down and in a hard, nasty, violent position. It was almost as though Chris should leap up and eat the first row of the audience at any moment. As the music started, the lights, which had begun in pitch black, began strobing on the beat, which gave an almost stop-motion effect of Chris seemingly jumping scarily between movements. He would occasionally snarl. There was no one else on stage with him and he slowly, but still animalistically, rose to his feet.

He moves his hands in a way that is somehow seductive and both judgemental, like he is feeling a piece of meat, seeing if it's good enough to eat. The stage is now in half-light with a tingle of yellow, almost like a heatwave desert sun without the brightness. The floor cannot be seen.

Climbing all over you at night
Getting up in your own face
And I've got those hands and they're
Clambering over you like I'm
Playing with my own food
Am I going to eat you?

Chris then jump scares the audience by snarling at them on the first syllable of the next verse.

Come to me, my precious child,
You are a victim of an endless brawl
For you my eyes are red
Plump and fat and juicy, yeah
Kill or be killed?
I think you're about to find out what happens to you... if you lose:

Then a pack of similar animalistic creatures converge on the stage and a spotlight shines on a man who's lying, face down, on the ground, clinging to life. Chris and his posse converge on it and are about to sink their teeth into it. Chris is still inspecting it, however.

Now you're going to die
So I can stay alive
No, no, oh,
Just look at that,
I'm locked into your skin,
Coming from within,

Chris and his posse then take their eyes off the man and begin staring each other down, for it is no longer the rotting man on the ground - perhaps they have spotted a new hunt. The blood of the wind. The enemies within their own camp. Every man for himself.

Now I'm getting close, right in your eyes,
And it's so dangerous,
And you're crying enough but
I am right in your eyes
Right in your eyes
Now I'm getting close and I'm
Right in your eyes

Then the attentions of the posse begin focusing on the dying man once more. They almost go into a ritual, circling the man, occasionally snarling at him. They stop doing this at the start of the next verse; the man begins to find enough energy to begin to rise up from the ground. Mistake.

Yeah, we've got you, don't you run,
'Cause, baby, you can't hide,
Won't stay alive,
We're the faster ones,
You know that what we wanna do
Is to gobble you
Rich and tender and soft, like a slow-cooked meat
In this sun

The man starts running around the stage without very much purpose. Chris's "animals" surround the man and wait for him to run again before striking. They snarl at him menacingly.

Now you're going to die
So I can stay alive
No, no, oh,
Just look at that,
I'm locked into your skin,
Coming from within,

One of the "animals" dives at the man and hits. The man is thrown to the ground once more. And now Chris and his posse of "animals" converge on him again as he clings to life, desperate not to be eaten alive.

And it's so dangerous,
I am right in your eyes
Right in your eyes
Right in your eyes

Chris and his "animals" then undergo something of a transformation. With their backs to the audience, they begin writhing around in pain. Eventually they all stop and turn back to the audience to reveal that they now have claws, their eyes have gone yellow, and they've gained a pair of fangs.

And it's so dangerous,
(I am right in your eyes) Hear you scream for me
(Right in your eyes) Kill your misery
(Right in your eyes) I can eat your skin
(Right in your eyes) It's stretchy and it's thin
(Right in your eyes) But I want your meat
(Right in your eyes) Can't you feel the heat?
Right in your eyes

Chris and his posse are getting restless. It's almost as though the song has to end before they have their dinner.

And it's so dangerous,
And it's so dangerous,
And it's so dangerous,
(I am right in your eyes) Hear you scream for me
(Right in your eyes) Kill your misery
(Right in your eyes) I can eat your skin
(Right in your eyes) It's stretchy and it's thin
(Right in your eyes) But I want your meat
(Right in your eyes) Can't you feel the heat?
Right in your eyes

Chris snarls and pounces on the man. The lights cut out as soon as he does so; all that is heard is the sound of ripping flesh and the man screaming. Then the screaming stops suddenly.

Chris David would like to reassure viewers that no lasting effects occurred as a result of this performance.
Last edited by Mister X on Sat May 27, 2017 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MISTER X
WV29: 19th, debut
WV30: 10th, first top 10
WV31: 8th, new PB
WV33: 3rd, new PB
WV34: 6th, first hosting
WVYF: 11th, last place
WV52: 2nd, new PB
WV59: 7th, second hosting
WV62: 1st, first victory

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Tue May 23, 2017 9:22 pm

- P R E S E N T S -

OFFICIAL TÖDLICHEBUJOKI COMMENTARY

with Kielo Tsukino and Taiki Bosch,
featuring Aoeuou from Kasanova-Koratica's KKOK

OOC NOTICE: Commentary for reservations will be updated to reference the completed entry

TAIKI: And we're back with our second segment of the WorldVision Song Contest 56 in Besini Pãcretana!
AOEUOU: It's in Bestini!
KIELO: Thank you, Aoeuou. It's been quite the contest so far, and we still have Britonisea, our own entry, Ekoz, and Izmedu to go!

Britonisea - Na Farar

TAIKI: We're not winning this contest, are we?
KIELO: We might have been upstaged. Oh dear.
TAIKI: The only thing I can say is that I'm not a fan of the colors. Other than that there's nothing I can knock it for. Lyrics, performance, music, vocals.. all on point.
AOEUOU: Why is she sad? What did I do? Is she dead? This is scary. My mindmeat found a kitty and now they're cuddling.
KIELO: What???
*she scans Aoeuou's body quickly, but sees nothing unusual*
KIELO: Um, so yeah. Our friends Armor and Kyllikki have massive shoes to fill as they're coming up next. Let's hope they don't disappoint.

Tödlichebujoku - Reality

TAIKI: I think we held our own. I think. But Armor and Kyllikki definitely did an amazing job here, and I can totally stand behind this entry.
KIELO: Explosions, a good dance break and a good aura of smoke will make that happen, wouldn't it? I swear I can smell some hemp vapor in here.
TAIKI: Powers above, I think that is hemp vapor. Kyllikki and Armor being naughty here, huh?
*Taiki peers suspiciously toward the camera, as if the artists are watching*
AOEUOU: Haha. Hi. High. Hiyyeyeyyeyeyeyeyeiiyeieyei!
*Aoeuou runs about and knocks a couple chairs over. A previously unseen kitten darts away from him and hides in a corner*
KIELO: AOEUOU!! Wow that feels weird to shout. But please calm down!
TAIKI: I had no idea hemp vapor does this to Kasanovans. I mean the audience is relaxed, at least. And look, it's Ekoz on stage as we speak!

Ekoz

KIELO: Wow, in terms of narrative this is essentially a continuation of our own entry! And so well done!
TAIKI: It really was. This entry was amazingly executed, with a very good atmosphere and a brilliant way of visualizing the chopped syllables of the chorus. The only other thing I have to say is that it isn't as catchy or memorable as it needs to be to do very well in the contest, with us and Britonisea in front and Izmedu right on its heels.
AOEUOU: Am I Insa-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-ane?
*with each "a", Aoeuou separates into a new slice, so that he looks like a piece of sliced levitating jelly by the end of his line. Kielo and Taiki look on, stunned*
KIELO: Um... is this something Kasanovans normally do??
TAIKI: I have no idea, and no one I've ever met has ever been to Kasanova-Koratica. Sometimes I wonder if it really exists. But do you know what does exist? Izmedu! And they've brought Terezija Novak, who is on stage right now and about to perform!

KIELO: Ekoz is such a wonderful country. Who was the man on stage? Wip? He seemed a touch tipsy.
TAIKI: Maybe a bit more than a touch. But really, all this needs is a tune and some lyrics, and it would be golden.
AOEUOU: I'm tipsy, too!
*Aoeuou promptly inverts his body as Kielo and Taiki look on in surprise, appearing uncomfortable*

Izmedu - Rat

TAIKI: Have Ekoz and us been caught in a Britonisea-Izmedu sandwich that we will never be able to fight our way out of? Possibly. This is almost like what you get when you mash "Bullets" up with "Reality". Even the names work. "Bullets", "Reality", and "War", which is what "Rat" translates to.
AOEUOU: I got called a rat by someone once. Now they're a rat. At least before my kitty friend came.
KIELO: Um, that's Izmeduan and.. what1? Uh, well, um, what's really interesting is that both Britonisea and Izmedu used their own languages, which may ultimately hurt us in the voting. And who knows about Ekoz at this point.
TAIKI: Yeah, either way-
KIELO: But that's enough of the self-pity, we've got Goluta with Iraj Kinntis, comin' right up!

Goluta - No More Time

TAIKI: WHOA. This was certainly something different. I had no idea what happened toward the end but overall this was certainly something I'd call "memorable". I'd probably vote for this just because of the guitar solos.
KIELO: They really took the time theme seriously here. Not sure what that color scheme was doing, but overall this was an entry that really didn't give a crap about what others thought of it. And I really respect it for that.
*Aoeuou is huddled over, in one piece, hyperventilating*
AOEUOU: Time... I don't have time... no time.. time...
KIELO: Aoeuou, are you okay??
*no response*
TAIKI: Well uh let's hope Aoeuou wakes up or calms down soon. Maybe Alinghi can bring Aoeuou back to the present?

TAIKI: Well I'm afraid there's no more time for that performance!
KIELO: Sad, that's right when they were really comin' right up, too.
AOEUOU: I'm comming up too!
KIELO: I... uh please don't.
TAIKI: And with that, we have Alinghi up next:

Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic - Figli di Stonewall

TAIKI: That had an amazing beat to it, definitely had a ton of potential there and I think the song's message goes well with it to make quite the dance anthem.
KIELO: I felt like it called for more presence and staging, especially with the power of the lyrics. For those who aren't familiar with outside history, the Stonewall Riots were a set of riots that occurred about several decades ago centered on a police raid on a bar in New York that catered to homosexuals back when heterosexuals were the one "legal" sexuality.
TAIKI: Yup, and these riots basically turned the hierarchy on its head for a night or two and led eventually to homosexuality becoming somewhat normalized, like an older, more drawn-out version of our own Rainbow Revolution where heterosexuals were recognized, which was in fact inspired by the movement triggered by the riots. Hopefully that made sense.
AOEUOU: I'm makin' dollas dollas rain, these dollas an' cents!
KIELO: Yes I think you did make sense. And cents??? I have no idea1. Though back to the Alinghi entry, some of these translations seem a bit odd- and they just seem to be spelling problems, which isn't the worst thing. Still confusing though.
TAIKI: True. And look, our little history lesson has brought us right up to Normandy and Picardy's Marie on stage:

Normandy and Picardy - Hold Me Now

TAIKI: It starts out kinda forgettable, then intensifies into a point where it's memorable.
*Aoeuou is clinging to Kielo's torso with an iron grip*
KIELO: Um... Aoeuou?? Can you please get off me??? I know the song is called Hold Me Now and the singer is a woman, but please for all that is good and holy please get back to your seat, or wherever you were before.
*Aoeuou slides down and slinks off of Kielo*
KIELO: Thank you. So yes, the song has its memorable moments, and is really nicely produced in the classic Normand fashion, but it might not be far away enough from the block of earlier songs to avoid being overshadowed. It does seem a bit, I don't want to say bland, but a bit more detached than the other ones. Despite the chorus and title.
TAIKI: You did that on purpose, didn't you? Describing it as "detached", when the song was "Hold Me Now"???
KIELO: I swear I didn't, okay???
AOEUOU: That woman, that woman was fire.
TAIKI: I.. wait, I can actually see that now... whoa... uh, okay it seems like we have Mercedini up next, along with Arioslavia and Adab, with the perennial and undying Kinan al-Salaman, after the break.

1- Aoeuou was making a pun in English when Kielo and Taiki were commentating in Tödlichebujoki Suomi, thus the lack of comprehension on Kielo's part.
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Wed May 31, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Antahbrantahstan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 29, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Antahbrantahstan » Wed May 24, 2017 6:12 am

19. ANTAHBRANTAHSTAN

Isobel-The Thin Red Line

Tune: Ella Nor-Não
m: PickLock, Juliana Žeregelja/l: PickLock

Isabella Sarasvati disappeared from the limelight after WorldVision, and the Anturian broadcaster, RR wants to give her a second chance at representing Antahbrantahstan, she originally refused, but after being persuaded by some of her family members, she took the offer. Before WorldVision, she participated in The Voice Anta under her new stage name Isobel, but was eliminated in the Knockouts.

She then took part in a songwriting camp organized by RR, where she also supervised the songwriters about her persona and singing style, she was then offered 4 songs before selecting The Thin Red Line, which caused controversy because of the explicit mention of an alcoholic drink and the implicit mention of drugs, however, when interviewed she said that she won't change the lyrics because that "ruins the vibe". She was also interviewed about the chorus, in which she explains that it is a metaphor about how the "me" and the man of her dreams is so close, yet so far.

Before the performance, the audience is told that the performance will contain some flashing lights effect.

We see Isobel, singing with a microphone stand behind a white curtain, however, the audience can still see her silhouette, images of red crystals are projected into the curtain, and the camera slowly zooms out as Georgia sings.

I look at myself in the mirror
Washing my hopes away
Now it looks much more clearer
That i won’t be okay

The camera stops zooming out, and instead of red crystal projections, red-coloured stage lights shine into the curtain.

I am cold and empty inside
I keep seeing you
In my dreams or in the city
Oh, what should i do

I will never stop looking for you, mmm
I will never stop looking for you, yeah

The curtain is slowly being lifted, and the camera slowly zooms in, the entire stage is bathed in red light, as the beat of the song drops, the camera zooms in fast with some flashing effects (like in the mv), and the curtain that is in front of Isobel is suddenly lifted, revealing that Isobela wears a geometrical-patterned crop top and a brown short.

There is a comma that separates us
But no one can stop me now, now, now
And there’s a sea that separates us
No one can stop me now

The camera then shows Isobel laying on the ground singing with just her microphone, with the floor background showing what seemed to be red-coloured liquid, and a thin layer of smoke surrounds Isobel.

I can’t even see your own face
But i am addicted
Like how these white pills hypnotize
Me like a snake

All those Chivas won’t even let me
Escape from reality
A thin line between a true love
And insanity

Isobel then stands up, the background shows a red-coloured liquid, and the entire stage is still bathed in red, as the beat drops again, the camera zooms in again without the flashing effects, and as the male voice sings, images of red-coloured smoke, red liquid and red crystals flashes on the LCD screen, causing some epileptic audience members to have a seizure.

I will never stop looking for you, mmm
I will never stop looking for you, yeah

No one can stop me now

The camera then shows a medium closeup shot of Isobel, the background now shows red-coloured mosaics, and smokes appear behind Isobel.

Ku ingin memelukmu sekali
Meski ku tak tahu kamu siapa
Ku ingin rasa cintamu
Ku jadi gila tanpa cintamu
Ku akan mencarimu
Ku tak akan pernah berhenti
Sampai aku bisa melihat wajahmu

The screens then turns black, and a light blue-coloured spotlight shine on Isobel, the camera then zooms out slowly once again.

No one can stop me now

As she finishes singing, the audience cheers at Isobel, Isobel whispers "Thank you so much Besini, i love you" to the microphone, and leaves the stage.

I wanna hug you once
Although i don't know who you are
I want your love
I am crazy without your love
I will search for you
I will never stop
Until i can see your face
Last edited by Antahbrantahstan on Mon May 29, 2017 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farhana Nariswari Wisandana | Audrey Vanessa Susilo | Yasinta Aurellia | Lulu Zaharani Krisna Widodo | Ritassya Wellgreat Waynands

Balkvla Islands
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 23, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Balkvla Islands » Wed May 24, 2017 8:34 am

20: Balkvla Islands

Gaeilge Women - My Heart Is Never An Absolution

Tune: My Heart Will Go On - Celtic Woman

The Irish-Balkvlan group Gaeilge Women, which consisted of four young women with one a violinist, were grateful for their opportunity to have won the right to represent the Balkvla Islands in such an event. The group has been around for thirteen years already with its ever-rotating line-up performing Celtic, Folk and New Age songs. The foursome, along with a male pianist take the stage.

The stage started off dark and silent until the first notes of piano began to play, the lights slowly turned on to reveal a pianist playing on a black grand piano along with three women standing around a single microphone, along with a violinist. Soon one of the members, Móirín Longáin, stepped up to the microphone and began to sing.

I remember a long time ago
I felt you, I loved you
If only that I knew you'll be gone.

The next member, Summer Harper, stepped up to the microphone.

Across the vast light-years
And time between us
You have proved to me you'll be gone.

Then finally, the third member, Eithne Díomasaigh, steps up.

Now, then, whenever you are here
I know that my heart will move on
But once more, my love will never die
So you'll be here in my heart, where you'll stay with me.

Then their fourth member, Tella Gwernig, stepped up to the microphone to play her violin before the vocals resume. Soon, a background imagine of a woman waiting on a cliff overlooking the ocean was displayed.

Love will last forever
It'll provide us, with meaning
And give new spirit to live

Love was when I met you
The one time, of our embrace
But life must and always, move on

Now, then, whenever you are here
I know that my heart will move on

The trio stepped up and began to sing in unison, in perfect harmony.

But once more, my love will never die
So you'll be here in my heart, where you'll stay with me.

They stepped back as their violinist began to play her solo to build up for the final run through. The background photo changed to footage of a lighthouse as a wave crashed against it just as the song hit its crescendo.

But I'm, still here, I've seen this before
And I know that I'll make it again
I'll wait, for you every time
You are safe, in spirit, my heart will forever, be here

The three sang as the song finally wound down with the pianist performing the final notes of the song along with the lights and background dimming away.

As the auditorium erupted in applause, the four women all politely bowed and each gave their thanks before leaving the stage.
Last edited by Balkvla Islands on Thu May 25, 2017 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
WorldVision 55: 17th
WorldVision 56: 22nd
WorldVision 57: 17th
WorldVision 58: 12th
WorldVision 59: 15th

Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguillese
Secretary

Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguillese » Thu May 25, 2017 8:22 am

21 - Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles
MonaeroKids - Reach For Daddy
Tune : (S Club 7 - Reach)

MonaeroKids are a dilapidated 90s pop group from Kirkany, Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles. After the fiasco last contest, Monaero TV decides to send something ordinary; sadly for Monaero TB, their director general's idea of normal is dirty 90s pop. Back in the 90s all of them were kids, but even though they've now grown up, taken a number of babies and given birth to many drugs (or whichever way round that is meant to go), they kept the name because their manager told them they had to; MonaeroAdults doesn't have the same ring to it. Anyway, the Director General sent the secret accounting squad (SAS) to find the members. when the SAS hunted them down they locked them in a room and forced them to create a song that would win WorldVision. This was the result...

The stage explodes into a blinding, saccharine array of candyfloss pinks, sky blues etc. The group walks out wearing very stereotypical 90s clothing (their stylist told them they needed to look the part) except the one who never sang, who was sat on a pink fluffy chair in the centre of the stage, reading a book titled 'Memories of the MonaeroKids'. The other members of the group gather around him and begin singing and doing some stereotypical 90s dance moves which I have little effort or time to explain.

When your world, leaves you feeling you
You can count on him
He will be there for you
Open wide
Spread your legs for him
There won’t be no pain
In fact you’ll enjoy it

The token black member of the group spread himself across the 'daddy's lap, singing up to the camera. The background showed generic images of the sky and whatnot, that was slowly becoming pink like the lights.

Just let daddy punish you
Just let him enjoy you
He’s not ever gonna stop cause
You live him and he loves you so

The token black member jumps of the chair and pushes it to the front of the stage, the LED floor creating a trail of 'white clouds' behind it, where the rest of the group is singing and dancing to the chorus.

Reach for daddy
Let his lovestick inside you
Reach for daddy
Come on, let him punish you
Reach for daddy
And when his love is filling your insides
That’s when you know he’s punished you

The 'daddy' stands up, walking to the centre and the rest of the group eagerly following him, before they all hold hands and dance around him in a cult-like manner. The daddy reaches out and touches some of the singers (on the shoulder or the arm, not the privates you perverted freaks) and generally enjoys himself. The group kneel down around him and then form a line.

There he is, waiting just for you
You can drop your pants
He’s waiting to have fun
Don’t be shy (don't be shy)
This is ain’t your first time (your first time)
Let him take you to, paradise and back

The daddy leapfrogs over the children, who then stand up, generally moving about in time to the music and performing a conga to the front of the stage, the cameras panning around and showing each of their 'wonderfully ecstatic' face gestures. They then return to the front, where they are lines up at the front by the 'daddy'. The background now shows alternating blue and oink lines moving in opposite directions to one another diagonally.

Just let daddy punish you
Just let him enjoy you
He’s not ever gonna stop cause
You live him and he loves you so

The daddy pelvicly thrusts the member at his end of the line at the beginning of the chorus. and the cameras intensly focus on this and the consequent 'thrusts' from member to member. The members then proceed to get up and remove their jackets, revealing skimpy shirts and whatnot; one of the members has only nipple tassles on his top half. They dance around like mad men forming some sort of ritual.

Reach for daddy
Reach for daddy
Reach for daddy

A pulpit with the words 'Reach For Daddy' inscribed on the front. seems to have been pushed onto the stage, from which the member with the nipple tassles is now 'preaching' to the other members. The daddy is nowhere to be seen. The nipple tassle guy seems really fired up, preaching like a preacher full of ecstasy and fire.

Don’t believe in all that you’ve been told
You should know that any hole’s a goal
There’s nothing wrong with him being sixty
When you are just sixteen
Nothing wrong beneath the sheets

The lights dim and the members begin swaying from side to side, holding hands and forming a circle in a totally not creepy manner, before appearing to form a giant x shape.

I said reach
Reach for your daddy
Reach
Reach for his lovestick
Reach
Follow that trail
And that’s when he will punish you

There is a sudden flash of light and the 'daddy', with nothing but a pair of briefs on and not looking too bad descends from the 'heavens' on a rope device of some description, angel wings on his back with 'daddy' emblasoned on his gym-honed chest. He flys into the centre of the X, levitating above the members of the group as they clambour to touch him (and this time I mean the privates), shedding various layers of clothing. The song has finally been revealed for what it is, a critcism of organised religion.

Reach for daddy
Reach for daddy
Reach for daddy

Reach for daddy (oooh)
Reach for daddy (reach for daddy, reach, reach for daddy)
And when his love is filling your insides (filling, filling)
That’s when you know he’s punished you (filling, filling)

Reach for daddy (oooh)
Come on, let him punish you...
Last edited by Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguillese on Mon May 29, 2017 8:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Fri May 26, 2017 7:32 pm

- P R E S E N T S -

OOC NOTICE: Commentary for reservations will be updated to reference the completed entry

KIELO: Welcome back to WorldVision 56 in Besini Pãcretana!
AOEUOU: It's the best!
TAIKI: Let's not jump to conclusions, but it has been very good so far. Uncomfortably so, for those rooting for Kyllikki and Armor tonight.
KIELO: So our next act is from Mercedini, "Flying Through The Air". Sound familiar?

Mercedini - Flying Through The Air

TAIKI: Yes, Mercedini also sent this to World Hit Fest, receiving a well-deserved second place. And they're in contention for a similar placing here in WorldVision.
KIELO: It's dramatic and memorable, certainly the type of song that does well in these competitions.
TAIKI: The only, but glaring, problem is that I feel they should be literally flying through the air. The chorus is sung so confidently, yet they just stand there. Can't they invest in a human cannon or a catapult or something??
AOEUOU: KABOOM! I like cannons made of humans. They're really fun to use!
KIELO: I... ew. I'm sure the Besinian health and safety people would have something to say about that.
TAIKI: Nah, after the Gregoryisgodistani performance, anything is possible, right? Imagine the camera shot of the stuntman, or even the singer herself, literally hurtling through the air over the audience... Even if she ends up making a mess on the far side, it'll certainly be memorable, and her martyr-like demise will fit the theme of the song.
AOEUOU: Splat! Splat! I love that sound.
*Aoeuou makes slapping noises*
KIELO: Um I'll let you live that fantasy, both of you. In the meantime we have Arioslavia.

Arioslavia - Where to go?

TAIKI: Finally a properly fun dance song! I can see myself shamelessly overplaying this at the next party I'm at.
KIELO: I heard the Mercedinian fans were calling this a ripoff of Mercedini's last WV entry, "Higher". They're both definitely similar in parts, aside from differing subjects, but this one is definitely a dance song as opposed to the more instrumental-pop nature of "Higher", so I don't think the claims are warranted.
AOEUOU: But where do you go? Where to go? Higher!
KIELO: I... well it looks like I'm mistaken. This must be proof of something, I'm sure of it.
TAIKI: Aoeuou coming in clutch with the real insights.

TAIKI: Oh it's Arioslavia, really a great nation, and one that really crept up in the WorldVision rankings over time. I like these little video tours, they're like little interludes.
KIELO: Is this the same Wip that was presenting Ekoz's video tour? Seems so, he's got a handle of vodka this time.

Arioslavian Commentary

KIELO: We decided to check out some of the other commentary boxes to see how everyone was doing.
TAIKI: But we found Wip instead. He's a quiet fellow, seemed much more interested in his bottle than in us.
AOEUOU: Watch me Wip-
KIELO: We're moving on. To Adab, and the immortal Kinan al-Salaman.

Adab - Mother's Eyes

AOEUOU: NEEEEEEEEDLEESSSSS!!!!!
*Aoeuou dives beneath Taiki's chair and hides there*
TAIKI: I- um the needle is very far away, Aoeuou. Well that- that was both your typical Adabian performance yet also not your typical Adabian performance.
KIELO: That was a strange juxtaposition of mellow-ish rock and onstage torture. Really not sure what to think of it. It was alright if uncomfortable until the ending, with the actual assault and assassination.
TAIKI: Hm, I wonder if they'll get points from Gregoryisgodistan.
KIELO: The less said about the whole thing the better. Let's just go visit some fellow commentators.

Togonistani Commentary

KIELO: Wow, Mandy and Mac were really amazing people to visit.
TAIKI: They shared some strains that were really, really something else. Whew.
*Taiki and Kielo casually share a bag of snacks*
KIELO: Yes, and they were just positive and fun people to be around in general.
TAIKI: I'd go to the afterparty with 'em.
KIELO: Yeah, so would I. Also, where's Aoeuou? Oh, we'll have to look for him, won't we? Back to the hallway, and visiting more commentators I suppose.

Britonisean Commentary

KIELO: I'd met Zeke and Rigas previously during earlier contests, but wow, those Merecendians really do have something when it comes to praising commentators. I was skeptical when I read the background information from the group Indefinitely, but Zeke and Rigas really do have something special about them.
TAIKI: Of course, we definitely have our differences and totally had a nice little heated discussion over the songs, but they're not half bad.
KIELO: Damning with faint praise, huh?? They were great people. But we didn't find Aoeuou so we have to continue searching.

Polkopian Commentary

TAIKI: So the box was dark and there was a cardboard cutout of Viktor Khassanov. Guess who wanted to go in.
*Taiki glances at Kielo, and winks*
KIELO: That was a long time ago, and I just wanted to find Aoeuou!!!
TAIKI: Pshh, all I'm hearing are excuses.
KIELO: And all I'm seeing is.. you know what? Let's wait for the real Viktor Khassanov to show up, and then we'll talk.
TAIKI: Oh why of course you would.
KIELO: Like you wouldn't either.
TAIKI: Uh... so I think I hear Aoeuou muttering some indecipherable comments over that way, why don't we go check that out??
KIELO: Smooth. So smooth.

<temporal recursion error>

KIELO: So we've made it back, and yes we found Aoeuou. Apparently he was distracted and then mobbed by a bunch of Talvezian fangirls. Who would've thought?
AOEUOU: They were warm and three-dimensional!
KIELO: Aren't we all- honestly I have no idea anymore. Luckily it all happened during an intermission so we've made back just in time for Mister X.

Mister X

TAIKI: Chris David's background story is truly surreal, and it goes well with the performance, doesn't it? This pseudocannibalism is.. fairly disturbing.
KIELO: I'm actually feeling really uncomfortable right now. The performance does remind me of "Last Words" by our Talons back in WV37, but with the sadism replaced by cannibalism, and the regal nature replaced by animal urges. Hug me, Aoeuou.
*Aoeuou hops onto Kielo*
AOEUOU: Om nom nom. Right in your eyes. Mmm, eyes.
*Kielo squeals in fear and surprise and darts out the door, leaving Aoeuou tumbling unceremoniously to the floor*
TAIKI: Whoa, Aoeuou? Kielo?? Are you guys okay?? Uh I'll take that as a yes. So the music was good, and the rest of it was... definitely unique and memorable. In a sort of Greg-lite sort of way. Let's move on real quick to Antahbrantahstan.

TAIKI: I felt that was a bit too close and a bit too personal for comfort. I wish the video tour wasn't quite so thorough. Did I need to see every nook and cranny of Mister X?? I don't think so.
KIELO: You should learn to cover your crotch, and your lies, a bit better. But I can agree we did not need to view every detail of Mister X's "backdoor border entrance" or the "hidden jewel deep within Mister X's cave system". Some things are better left imagined.
AOEUOU: I love digging for gold!
TAIKI: Apparently Xians do too. Maybe? Well in any case the video even highlighted an extreme beverage shortage. Unless Mister X is planning to send in an entry about thirst awareness?
KIELO: Sometimes nations are just difficult to decipher. Let's move on.

<temporal recursion error>

Antahbrantahstan - The Thin Red Line

TAIKI: The dance beat here is like a less-danceable version of Arioslavia's "Where to go?", and the narrative is like a cleaned-up version of our debut "My Only Love". Not exactly the best of formulas?
*Kielo has returned to her seat*
KIELO: It's a very nice song, but yes, I think it'll be a bit lost in between all the other entries we have tonight. And wow, I did not see that "My Only Love" similarity until you mentioned it.
AOEUOU: No one can stop me now.
*Aoeuou begins climbing Kielo's body*
KIELO: AOEUOU! NO! Go, um, escape from reality! More so than you already have, I mean. Let's move on to the Balkvla Islands.

KIELO: Remember Oreo City? Those were the times.
TAIKI: Oh yes. TBA-TBA here did an excellent job presenting his home nation, truly a gripping video tour, though not quite as engaging as the last one.
KIELO: Why of course you would say that. It seems Balkvla Islands is next with a song-
*Aoeuou sings a song about a person or a sound called Tuba-Tuba, who then becomes Tiba-Tiba, among other things. Kielo and Taiki look on, managing to appear both resigned and amused*

Balkvla Islands - My Heart Is Never An Absolution

TAIKI: I absolutely love this. Simple, slow-paced, but stunning.
KIELO: It's a melody we've heard before, way back when, but yes this is definitely a fresh new take on it.
TAIKI: Ohh this is going to be my vote. I never saw this coming. Why is fate this way?
KIELO: Ugh, stop being melodra-
*their attention is then turned to Aoeuou, who is unabashedly grinding on the floor*
AOEUOU: HOOO YEAAAHHH!!!!
KIELO: I... um... let's move on. Next we have Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles with MonaeroKids singing "Reach For Daddy". Powers above help us all.

Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles - Reach For Daddy

TAIKI: I love how Wip's doing a cameo appearance right at the beginning. Missing pants, but still holding on to that signature vodka bottle!
KIELO: I'm sure you also enjoy the lyrics. I just feel that the concept of kids singing this is a bit... inappropriate. Even if they're grown up and now a bunch of questionably successful parents.
TAIKI: Yeah on both points. The lyrics are a bit graphic for the contest though. Almost cheesily so, if that's possible, which with the explanation of it being a satire of organized religion, seems.. um... I was going to say desperate, but I think I'm starting to see it... Note that this does not mean I support the message here.
*the sound of garbled sobbing is heard. Aoeuou is rolling in a growing puddle of tears*
KIELO: Aoeuou, what's wrong?
AOEUOU: I don't have a daddy. I want a daddy.
KIELO: Um....
*Kielo glances toward Taiki. Taiki looks terrified*
KIELO: I'm sure we can arrange something.
TAIKI: I think that will be entirely possible! Find out more after the break!
*Taiki seems all too excited to end this particular segment*
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Wed May 31, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Missus X
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Missus X » Sat May 27, 2017 7:31 am

22 MISSUS X

Rick Leg - "Fuck Off"
Tune: Apollo 440 - "Blackbeat"

Tags have been added into this performance to aid where the directions are in relation to the song.

0:00 - Rick Leg stands with a full rock band behind him. Rick has his own guitar. The stage is in pitch black, and Rick sings into a vocoder.

0:00
You what? You're going down and a down,
Fuck me, you're fucking shit when you talk such fucking shit yeah

0:25 - The lights come on and start strobing non-stop, and Rick runs around the stage relentlessly.

0:41
Yeah!

0:41 - Rick then engages in his guitar solo, and boy does he enjoy it. The lights, which are still strobing, are currently working overtime.

0:58 - The lights finally stop during the next stage of the song as gymnasts run on and backflip across the stage one-at-a-time.

1:12 - More strobing occurs as the little riff is played which, to some, think could be the end of the song. Wrong.

1:18
Fuck off!

1:18 - The strobing begins again as Rick has another guitar solo. It's an extended version and the lights slowly begin to smoke.

1:52 - Again, the gymnasts start backflipping across the stage and the lights finally stop.

2:06 - More strobing occurs as the little riff is played again, which, to some, think could be the end of the song. Wrong.

2:14 - The strobing stops.

2:17
Yeah!

2:17 - One side of the stage plays a little riff, a call, as it were, and it is replied to by the other half. This is repeated for a large amount of times.

2:25
You gotta fuck off, fuck right off
Fuckety-fuckety-fuckety-fuckety fuck right off

2:33 - More strobing. More guitar solo. More lights slowly beginning to smoke.

2:50 - More gymnasts.

3:13 - More strobing - more guitar riff - and, finally, the end of the song.

3:22 - The song finally finishes and the lighting rig explodes, setting off the fire alarm. The automatic sprinklers make things worse and get water in the electronics.

Many are injured and the contest is halted for an hour or two.
WV32: 35th
WV33: 10th
WV34: 13th
WV35: 22nd
WV36: 34th
WV37: 16th
WV38: 23rd
WV39: 30th
WV40: 18th
WV41: 22nd
WV42: 18th
WV43: 13th
WV45: 18th
WV46: 23rd
WV47: 27th
WV48: 29th
WV49: Withdrew
WV50: 17th
WV51: 17th
WV52: 19th
WV54: 26th
WV55: 20th
WV56: 21st
WV57: 13th
WV58: 23rd
WV60: 20th
WV61: 18th
WV62: 13th
WV63: 10th
WV64: 21st
WV65: 27th
WV67: 18th
WV68: 18th

Puppet of Mister X.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sat May 27, 2017 10:05 am

WorldVision 56 Coverage with Jean Beauvoir

Bonjour, Hello, and welcome to the 56th WorldVision from the lovely surrounding of the microstate of Besini! Yes, it is me, Jean Beauvoir, and I am back to guide through the madness that we will be dancing through tonight. You will certainly feel alive as you listen to the menagerie of songs, my friends. Let's hope we're not in too deep tonight, with the plethora of acts that make up the beautiful mess that is the WorldVision song contest. And you won't be dancing alone tonight, millions of people both in Normandy and Picardy and across the multiverse will be watching this contest that has descended upon this lovely little place. Hosting something as big as this doesn't come easy, but I think Besini will do a perfect job tonight, to the point where we'll feel we're dreaming awake. Oh, I can't go on, I'll just say the words; this is the 56th WorldVision Song Contest, so let the show begin!

Opening Act Part 1
Oh, the song that enchanted us all so much last contest, and by jove I still love it now. There is a undeniable quality, something that feels visceral. It just... is perfect. I am so glad it won. However, I will point out that it does feel a little lazy using the previous winner, although they do it in WHF so maybe they're just trying to bring the tradition over to WV, something I won't necessarily complain about

Opening Act Part 2
Ooh, a club banger to open the night! A little tired perhaps, but very danceable, very enjoybable, a carefree start to the night. In the contest itself this wouldn't stand a chance, but this isn't in the contest so sing, sing away, and I will dance away too.

1. Tinhampton

2. Gregoryisgodistan
Welcome back Greg! Now, can you leave again? Oh, I joke, but in all seriousness that was an affront to human decency in all forms. I mean, I don't know the majorities of the countries listed but still, we could do without the violence and bloodshed don't you think? Political gestures, whilst annoying, are acceptable; this was not. I guess we'll be back whenever they reconstruct the stadium, goodnight folks!

3. Talvezout
Ah, and all thoughts of what was are gone under the silky waves of this entry. I'm glad they didn't overstage this interest, the simplicity is haunting and fits perfectly with the feel of the song. I must admit that it does grow boring and drags towards the end, but overall it is like silk in song form. I fear it will be forgotten, I hope it isn't, and after a good night's rest and this song, I have begun to recover...

4. Free Republics
If there is one word I could use to describe this song, it is Bland, with a capital B. It does literally nothing for me whatever. It plods along for about three minutes which is nice enough, before losing the will and dying and living not even a trace of its existence. Lyrics wise, it started well but the chorus was... well, the chorus. And then the... well... I can't avoid it, the literal sex on stage was perhaps a tad over the top. I guess they thought it'd help people remember the entry as the music certainly doesn't.

5. Yttribia
And yet another returnee, and the best of the lot so far. Understated, but purely delightful, good old easy listening. It seems that we have two extremes tonight; quiet and simple staging or sex and explosions, and this is the former and although I wouldn't say that it completely matches the song but it still works somehow. There is something about an electric organ that makes me feel so good inside...

6. Besini
And here are our hosts, with a lovely little tune. This is a confident, well put together entry, although it does run close to that sense of being too perfected. This is not a winner by any means, it doesn't have enough power behind it. But expect this to do relatively well, as to be expected.

7. Togonistan
Nope. No no no no no. Nope. K? I liked the background graphics, and the issue of domestic violence is one that has to be addressed but this song is... Well, at first it was just boring, but after having to hear that chorus I have a headache. Sorry, this will have fans certainly, but it isn't for me.

8. Britonisea
Props to Britonisea for singing in Britonish, it's always nice to hear other languages and we ourselves showed you can win with an entry not in English (well, partially). The song, itself, however does nothing for me. At all. It sounds mysterious to begin with, but by the end is simply a bit of vocal masturbation and whatever thay mess of a backing vocal was. A heavy bass line doesn't solve all your problems you know. However, the stage show was nearly good enough to pardon the skng. Nearly.

9. Todlichebujoku
I'm worried to say anything given the Todlichebujoki team are apparenrly peering in on everyone else, but I have one word for this entry. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Normally, I would hate this sort of entey, the music isn't for me per se, but as a package it is by far the best of what has been a dreary night so far. The staging is the best we have seen in a very, very long time and their creative department should be very proud of themselves. This could win.

10. Ekoz
Oooh, I like this! Beyond the vulgarity (which has its place, no doubt, but still this is an audience of all ages) this is a wonderful entry, one of the best so far. After Todlichebujoku there was a danger this could have fallen flat, but it stands up well in its own right. I'm unsure whether or not this will do well, but this is a tune.

11. Izmedu
Of course Izmedu came and matched Todlichebujoku, if not doing it better. The song whilst not spectacular is the best so far tonight, it is strong up until the last minute. As always, the Izmeduan staging is On Point and is SLAYING me. (First time I've used slaying tonight, I thought I'd use it more). Izmeduan once again shines and covers what otherwise would be a cliche of an entry, and I wil stand hanging if this doesn't end Top 5.

12. Goluta
o.O That was one hell of a rollercoaster ride, and I want to get on again. High octane, full on slayage like this will have certainly perked up anyone who had fallen asleep, not that there should be any. There could have been more on stage to match the energy of the song, but it is one that will remain stuck in my head on the tune alone

13. Alinghi FDR
The issue of gay rights is one very close to the heart of WV and so naturally the song is a welcome addition to what has become a rather dense contest. I love the blend of techno and orchestral music, and the staging whilst understated certainly does its job. I feel this could provide Alinghi's best place in a while, bravo. And, as always, Italian sounds beautiful.

14. Normandy and Picardy
OOC - In the name of fairness, I will not provide commentary on my own entry

15. Mercedini
Really? Reaaaally? Nah, not feeling this I'm afraid. It smacks of a 90s rock ballad and I ain't no fan of 90s rock ballads. The empowerment lyrics whilst nice are a tad... I don't wanna say generic because at least it isn't 'You can do it' but you know what I mean. The staging show is brilliant, the quality of the staging has been really high, and it certainly creates a spectacle. But I can't get past the song, which I really don't like.

16. Arioslavia
We have heard so many songs like this before that it almost hurts. It isn't a bad entry, it isn't a good entry; it is an entry. There's not much to say about this because it doesn't, to be frank, offer much. If good old respectable pop music is what you want this is a good bet, but it is extremely safe.

17. Adab
ZzzzZzzzZzzzZzzz. Oh, yes, I'm totally awake!.. Reaaaaally, bloody al-Salaman again? They really don't have anyone better do they? Beyond the actual physical torture taking place, the song was so monotonous that I actually fell asleep. Actually, I'm glad for that because now that everyone has ledt I can take all of the lovely refreshments... oh, everyone's back. Nevermind. Well, at least I didn't see the poor guy get beaten to a pulp, nor did I have to listen to al-Salaman for all that long. Next!

18. Mister X
Yaaas! This is what I'm talking about! That was a Tune with a capital T. The theatrics whilst at places questionable (like the lyrics) were certainly a sight to watch, and I can forgive the majority of the misgivings due to the nostalgia blast I've just recieved. Won't win, but it's one that will remain popular with me at least.

19. Antahbrantahstan
Ooh. this was top quality. We haven't seen these guys in a bit, but they are back and as fierce as before. Whilst I wouldn't necessarily call this a winning tune, this is highly enjoyable and one that may end up on my phone. The lyrics and staging don't wow but they don't deteact either, and the overall package is top notch.

20. Balkvla Islands
Ugh. That was a crime against humanity. I was promised celtic folk and got an extremely soul-sapping ballad that really does nothing but want to rip up every singwriters' metaphorical and physical hearts, so they can't write this sort of inane thing anymore. Sorry, me no likey.

21. Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles
OOC - In the name of fairness, I will not provide commentary on my own entry

22. Missus X
Let's all try to forget whatever the hell this was. Luckily you have a few hours to do that, so enjoy this documentary on the history of WorldVision and join me later for something hopefully better than this was.

23. Kwadai
Have they been on yet? They have? Ah... I think that tells you everything about this entry, but if you don't get the gist one word should suffice; boring. This has no life, nothing to make it even remotely memorable. Zilch. I can't see this not being forgotten. Don't think being this harsh comes easy to me, but it's the truth

24. Aloquirbe
This is wonderful. Cheesy? Yes. Fun, enjoyable and one of the highlights of the contest? Certainly! This song has kitsch by the bucketload, but it just... works on some level. Perhaps it is nostalgia, perhaps I just like cheap pop. I don't know what it is, but I love this. Bravo.

25. Kalosia
Kill. Me. No... wait, wait, we were recording? Sorry to any Kalosians watching, but that was dreadful. Dreadful. It has all the life of a damp rag, and all the joy and charm of one too. If Adab seemed like a pit of nothingness then this is an infinite chasm. I'm trying to find good things to say about this entry... better than Gregstan, I guess?

26. Merecendi
Poor guy... I can recommend you to a specialist if you want. And don't ask me why I know one, for god's sake! Anyway, this was good, confident pop music masking the disgrace of a man with problems, symbology of the struggle of men with issues of masculinity... who am I kidding? This was a good tune with a shit package, bad luck.

27. Saviera
And 12 points from N&P go to...
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Wed May 31, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Mister X
Ambassador

Postby Mister X » Sat May 27, 2017 4:00 pm

COMMENTARY on MRX One with Robert Baxter and Sam Smith.

Robert: Salve, plebs, and welcome to the 56th WorldVision Song Contest, live from, er, Besini... Par-ac-ay-tarn-er.
Sam: Evening, ladies, gentlemen, others.
Robert: Let's crack on with it, but only after Sam explains the world-famous softness rating.
Sam: The songs will be categorised as "hard", "medium", "soft", "supersoft", and "plum"; i.e. silver, white, yellow, red, and purple. Think of it as knife, bread, butter, jam, and plum.

Opening Act

Robert: Oh, I'd forgotten how much I didn't like this.
Sam: Oh well. At least we won't have to hear it again.
Robert: Oh god, there's not another one, is there?

Opening Act #2

Sam: It sounds like Sonic the Hedgehog's run out of air!
Robert: And whilst we go off to find him a bubble, here's the first song.

01 Tinhampton

02 Gregoryisgodistan

Robert: Oh, welcome back. How we've missed you. It's like when you get back with an ex-boyfriend who's a thug. You know you shouldn't but you really can't help it.
Sam: That's bread, and whilst we clean up here, here's the Monaco Grand Prix LIVE, which is being simulcast on MRX Two, so oh well, we're cheap. Viewer choice, eh?

03 Talvezout

Robert: Oh, they're back too! Never mind I didn't understand a word of that.
Sam: Never mind I fell asleep during that. Boring. Boring. Dull.
Robert: Terrible.
Sam: Hopeless.
Robert: Diabolical.
Sam: Woeful.
Robert: Abysmal.
Sam: Humiliating.
Robert: Dire.
Sam: Plum.

04 Free Republics

Robert: And this lot are returning too! What is this, a surprise reunion?
Sam: I don't know, but it's great!
Robert: The return or the song?
Sam: Actually, both. Just not the lyrical content. Butter.

05 Yttribia

Robert: Do you know, that wasn't that bad?
Sam: Wow. Another excellent return from an old friend. Butter.

06 Lupolska

Robert: It's a pretty standard power ballad, nothing special about this.
Sam: Yeah, I'm afraid it's rather bland, really, there's nothing to shout about here. Butter.

07 Togonistan

Robert: Well, it was OK.
Sam: The dubstep felt out of place, especially considering the song was about domestic violence. It's a knife, but that it is so just doesn't make any sense at all.

08 Britonisea

Robert: Nothing to see here. Dull. Let's move on.
Sam: Bread.

09 Todlichebujoku

Robert: I don't know who was in charge of their entry last time, but I'm glad they've been given the sack. It's great to see them with a great performance, I really liked that.
Sam: They could win. Far better than Cyanide Eyes from WV32. That's an excellent entry from Todlichebujoku, easily top 10. Knife.

10 Ekoz

Robert: From the sublime to the ridiculous.
Sam: Very much so. This was terrible.
Robert: I don't know why he turned into a dalek.
Sam: E-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-eggs!
Robert: Eggs?
Sam: To!
Robert: What?
Sam: Be... made.
Robert: Eh?
Sam: Eggs-to-be-made!
Robert: What?
Sam: EXTERMINATE! Knife.

11 Izmedu

Robert: Didn't get a word of that, but as usual Izmedu's staging is very well thought through.
Sam: Yeah, wasn't a bad song either. Knife.
Last edited by Mister X on Wed May 31, 2017 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
MISTER X

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Sat May 27, 2017 4:16 pm

23. Kwadai
Title: Senseless
Artist: Qadira
Melody: Illenium & Kerli - Sound Of Walking Away

As the song's calming intro began, the stage was transformed into a celestial scene of pure white clouds and an azure blue sky. However for viewers the song would begin with seeing Qadira lying down wearing fairytale like white attire, her eyes were closed where it was noted her eyelids were decorated with silver dusting and faint white markings almost like henna but not the same were on the side of her face. She opened her eyes as she began singing, looking directly into the camera. Her hair was not its natural brown, instead it was pale ash gray and somewhat sparkling.

I'll watch over you
Like I'm your guardian angel
Pure of heart and soul
Sent from a world high above

Before beginning the next line, the camera panned out to show her sitting up and beginning to stand. The magical divine atmosphere on stage was heightened as more white clad people came on stage walking toward the podium Qadira had been laying on moments earlier. As she stood, one hurried up to take her hand and guide her down the steps behind the platform. Cameras again looked straight into her face. This time she was flanked by the two male dancers who had just walked her off the platform. Their outfits also being white, were different, body hugging, sleeveless, and hooded.

Stop, open your eyes to what no else sees
Why must you always fall, three steps from heaven?

The song's pace increased, Qadira began walking to the front of stage, the camera following her from the front. She began extending her arm forward trying to connect with the viewers. Her dancers stopped when she did and slid to the ground trailing their arms up her arms and side.

Run to my arms, embrace me, hold me while I'm here
There's a signal beating from your heart so loud and clear
Dreams of hope and tears of love is what I steal
You'll pray, I'll say
All my sense now gone astray

Now with the song's instrumental electronic sounds echoing around the arena, the other dancers lept off the podium bringing with them trails of coloured smoke; blue, grey and white. The screen now showed rapid descent to earth through layers of clouds giving the sensation of falling from heaven (or equally, from a plane). Desert sand dunes were the destination as Qadira and the dancers performed a rhythmic and almost spiritualistic dance sequence, perfectly choreographed to the song.

With the return to a slower melody the open sandy expanses returned to clou infused blue sky. She fell back but was caught by the two men who had walked her off the platform. Here they lifted her up on to their shoulders and carried her back to the white platform, laying her gently on top.

Believing too long is
Never safe, or even real
I'll be praying beside you
For that lost, long sought love

Stop, open your eyes to what no else sees
Why must you always fall, three steps from heaven

Run to my arms, embrace me, hold me while I'm here
There's a signal beating from your heart so loud and clear
Dreams of hope and tears of love is what I steal
You'll pray, I'll say
All my sense has gone astray

For this chorus, all three of them (Qadira + dancers) leapt off of the stage with the screens tranquil clouds being disrupted by a massive explosion of flames. But for viewers this was put into slow motion giving for a dramatic end to the song. Once more the chorus ended with the ritualistic dance.
Last edited by Kwadai on Wed May 31, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Aloquirbe
Envoy

Founded: Dec 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

24 | Aloquirbe | Newology - "Be By My Side"

Postby Aloquirbe » Sun May 28, 2017 4:54 am

#24 ALOQUIRBE
Newology - "Be By My Side"
Tune : Steps - "Scared of the Dark"

Newology: The three girls who are ready to put a 1990s vibe on current pop music.
(from left to right) JoJo, Marie-Beth, Kris-Anne

• JoJo is 18 years old. She is the person out of three who decided to make a group with her friends. JoJo suggested that they could invest their time in songs that are of a past decade, and perhaps, bring it back in to the 2010's or even decades to come. JoJo is originally from Estogium, but her family moved to Aloquirbe before she was born. She has lived her whole life in Alosable, and met Marie-Beth and Kris-Anne in Secondary school.
  • Marie-Beth is 17 years old. Marie-Beth was born in Alosable, Aloquirbe, and is a proud Aloquirbic. She has stated that she would love to represent her country in the World Hit Festival or WorldVision, but it was more likely that she would represent Aloquirbe in the WorldVision Song Contest. When approached by JoJo to start a group in their early secondary life, she agreed to it and could wait for the future to come.
  • Kris-Anne is 20 years old. She is the eldest of the group, and while she was not in the same year/grades as the other two, she did used to hang out in the school choir and musicals too. This made her connect with Marie and JoJo, who were in 2 years below her. She was approached, and while she hesitated, she joined in the end.

At the start of the performance, as all the strings came in with full force, sparklers shot up in to the air and filled the arena in gold bliss. The audience roared at the sight of the arena blowing up; though hoping they would not have to evacuate again. The girls walked forward strongly, next to each other. They all wore trendy clothing, and while they were similar from each other, they were different to show that they all have different personalities. The camera came from afar, and as the girls were about to sing, it came close to Marie-Beth, who would be leading the group through the first section of the song. The girls looked at Marie as she took her first breath.

I'm lying in a serpents pit.
I feel in danger, I feel incapable.
I close my eyes to try and block out
The thoughts - the bad thoughts in my mind.

Give me a reason why I am here.
I demand an explanation.
I haven't once done anything to
Make you turn your back...
(Don't disappear)

Kris-Anne stood forward as she laid her hand on Marie-Beth. The camera then focused on Kris-Anne has she took the centre stage. The lights in the arena remained black and white, harsh colours. Kris-Anne smiled as the audience started cheering for her. The other girls stepped slightly in to the dark, but swaying along with the song. For the audience and the viewers at home, they could see two female figures bopping to the music behind Kris-Anne.

Don't disappear,
Don't turn your back, please.
I've made a mistake.
I'm not, I'm not perfect!

As the pre-chorus finished, the two girls who were bopping to the music came strutting forward. As the girls were a step in front of Kris-Anne, she then started to walk. They began to walk for around 2 seconds before stopping and bending to the left until they touched their hands on the floor and then moved their bodies forward.

We've all been lost in the darkness,
Lost in the midst of space far from human contact.
Isolated; Calling for help,
I need you, I need you to be by my side.

I'm not alone but I'm lonely,
You've filled the void others have carved out of me.
Listen to me, I'm calling for help.

JoJo, who had not sung solo yet, then stepped forward as the other girls turned their backs to the audience and walked back in to the darkness. JoJo knelt on the floor, but as she went down she looked at the camera which was facing her a la Anne Sophie 2015. JoJo then seductively smiled as she began to sing the next part of the song.

I am too tired for all this searching,
Need you now so we can last evermore.
Need to feel your admiration,
Indulge in your love.
But please baby;

Don't disappear,
Don't turn your back, please.
I've made a mistake.
I'm not, I'm not perfect!

When "Don't disappear" was sung, Kris-Anne came back in - as this was her part. She took over from JoJo who had just gotten back up from squatting on the floor. JoJo rested her hand on the shoulder of Kris-Anne, and the other friend waited in the back.

All of the girls were to sing the chorus, and as it came closer, Marie-Beth came to the front with the other girls and began to sing the chorus;

We've all been lost in the darkness,
Lost in the midst of space far from human contact.
Isolated; Calling for help,

I'm not alone but I feel lonely,
I need you!
I need you to be by my side.

During the upcoming bridge section, the girls would take turns to sing it evenly. Marie-Anne would start first, before JoJo takes over and then Kris-Anne would come in. As they started to sing this, a steadicam came shooting on to the stage to capture the moment, circling around them.

Need you to Be By My Side
Need you to Be By My Side
I need you!
I need you to be by my side.

(By your side, By your side, By your side, By your side)
(By your side, By your side, By your side!)
I am nothing without you here!

All of the girls sang for the last time as huge amounts of sparklers and indoor fireworks went off. The camera coming from every corner of the arena, and the audience shouting too.

I feel as though I shouldn't be here,
I recognise no-one, I cannot bare this pain.
Reach out for me, open your arms!
Where are you? I need you to be by my side.

I'm not alone but I feel lonely,
I am desperate, I need your safety!
I need you,
I need you to be by my side!

JoJo, Marie-Beth, Kris-Anne all finished singing with the arms out towards the crowd. The audience started cheering and the three girls all high-fived one another. "Thank you so much, guys! Thanks!" they all shouted before stumbling off the stage.
Last edited by Aloquirbe on Sun May 28, 2017 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Follow Britonish Television on twitter for the latest updates: Right Here!

Yttribia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yttribia » Sun May 28, 2017 9:06 am

presents coverage for the 56th WorldVision Song Contest from Besini Pãcretana, Besini
with your commentator for the evening: Dominic van Castille.
van Castille last commentated at WorldVision 38.

Yes, that's right ladies and gentlemen! I have returned from my self-imposed exile in the awful and trash hole of an island that is Lojal, and while I am now banned from entering the Sarian for three years, I've returned a better man! I'll be honest, those first ten acts at WorldVision 38 were so awful that I left the commentatfing booth and television. That was enough WorldVision for me, but now I want more! And hopefully with the return of me, the WorldVision Song Contest finally knows what quality music sounds like!

van Castille receives word from the production booth that WorldVision still doesn't know what quality music stands like in his earpiece

Well, I stand corrected. Nonetheless, the Confederation has returned to the song contest for the first time in what appears to be eighteen editions, if I'm not mistaken. After a self-imposed hermit kingdom and another civil war that tore the nation up before being Gorilla glued together, Yttribia has seen to have gotten its shit together (and thank the telecom regulators that I can now curse on television again) and has now sent in an entry to the contest! Wonderful! Now, the rules for voting are very simple. You like an act and want to vote for it? You have one of three options once voting opens: call 855 9872 0XX, text the phrase VOTEXX to 987256, or you can vote via the WorldVision App. XX represents the act you want based on their order of performance, so Yttribia would be 05. Unfortunately, we can't vote for them, but there are plenty other great-

van Castille breaks face to laugh at the ridiculous statement he was about to say

-oh who am I kidding you have to be drunk to like these acts. Which means I'll never like any of these acts. Last semantics dealing with this thing, but this edition I'll be using a five star system to rate the entries, based on the renowned journalist Allen Metzger. Zero stars is utter garbage, two stars is average, and a full five stars represents masterclass. Sometimes I'll give them more than five or less than zero, depending on the quality. Anyways, let's have a go at it, shall we?

00 - Opening Act 1
Huh. Huh. That's actually not that bad considering it's probably one of the more stereotypical songs that have been preformed in the contest. Too bad it would have flopped if this song was actually performed during an actual edition of this contest-

you're kidding me...this pile of garbage won? Oh my god, why do these countries seem to be so into power-pop ballads that have no meaning under the surface? It's not even a good power-pop song, like we get it you can sing now! Ugh. 1.25 stars.

00 - Opening Act 2
Snooze fest. There's something about WorldVision that brings out garbage music like this. If the first opening act didn't give you an indication of what was to come, I expect that this will. You know how it is. 0.75 stars.

01 - Tinhampton
Huh, who would have thought that silence could have sounded so beautiful? There's something avant-garde about the lack of performance that the delegation from Tinhampton has sent. Hell, I don't even know where they are. Dud ranking, let's see what our, and I say this for diplomatic reasons, lovely Esportivan compatriots have for us. Gregoryisgodistan is up next!

02 - Gregoryisgodistan
For diplomatic reasons, I have been obligated to say that the performance by the Gregoryisgodistani delegation was wonderful. Good to know that I have safeguarded myself from the awful state that is this stadium! Gotta love having a fireproof booth and Vanorian magic protecting me. For diplomatic reasons, this song will be getting a full five stars.

Huh, wait time of three hours? Yikes. If that's the case, CdRY will take a three hour break from the contest to show you last week's episode of Renegade Pro Wrestling's weekly show Supersonic. We'll be back when last week's episode of Supersonic ends or workers here fix this awful mess. Whatever happens first.

A few minutes to fix this whole mess? Damn, I'm impressed. Sorry RPW fans! Anyways, let's get back to the contest, and see if Talvezout can break the streak of garbage songs! Oh, and again, for diplomatic purposes: minus Gregoryisgodistan's performance. That was masterclass.

03 - Talvezout
You know, there's something about arrangement and the background of the song that should appeal to voters back home. But for me, the vocals simply didn't do it. With a song like this, there has to be a bit more power coming to it. Oh well. It's an alright song, nonetheless. 2.75 stars.

Ah, this is a nation we've seen around before, both in sporting and musical contexts: the Free Republics. Rumor has it that weed will be in the air, and for all intents and purposes, I brought a gas mask along with me to filter out all the weed, because straightedge.

04 - Free Republics
Well, I was definitely right about the weed. Glad to be inhaling clean air after that whole fiasco. Song wise, it's very anthemic and kinda catchy. I like that. The whole public intercourse thing was another subject. I could tell that some of the techniques that the participants on stage were doing could have been performed a little better, but this isn't eXXXstacy.cy, this is WorldVision. Alright song though. 3.25 stars.

05 - Yttribia
What a beautiful piece! I know beauty when I see it and that right there, ladies and gentlemen, is a beautiful song that has definitely captivated the multiverse! God, I love kissing up to my own nation! That right there is a full six stars!

06 - Besini
Consider this your red light, Liliana Saragï. A tried-and-failed song about "overcoming and being stronger than the rest of your opponents has yet again been performed. The audience at home won't respond to this cliché song of dreaming and believing. Two stars.

07 - Togonistan
Remove the vocals, and you have a top ten hit here in the country. With the vocals? This song will never see the light of day outside of here. Shame, really. The beat gets a nice 4.25 stars, but the vocals gets a 0.25 stars. This averages out to 2.25 stars. Could've done better, if it wasn't for those vocals.

And with that, we'll take a television timeout, but we'll return with more carbon copies of songs at WorldVision after this break!
Welcome back from the break! Upcoming we have the entry from Britonisea. Yttribians often dislike the entries from Britonisea, as they've finished near dead-last in televoting, and I'm expecting this song to be no different.

08 - Britonisea
Color me shocked. No joke. Outside of us, this is the best entry I've heard in the contest. It started off slow and mundane but oh my gosh that rise in intensity was absolutely marvelous! So much inflection channeled into a voice, and while many of us at home don't speak Britonish, I'll be damned if we add a seventh official language by the time this contest is over. I'm giving this one 4.75 stars. Powerhouses in Tödlichebujoku are coming up next, and they're popping into all commentary streams, so hello to our fellow commentators in advance!

van Castille receives word that Tödlichebujoki commentators are listening in right now

09 - Tödlichebujoku
Let the church bells ring! Tödlichebujoku came through with another wonderful and powerful entry and now has done the impossible! This, by far, is literally one of the best songs I have ever heard! Saying that it's the worst of all the songs that have been played, then this entry is going to shock you when it places as best EVER! And now that the ringing of my ears has subsided from the dubstep, time for the star ranking! Truly one of a kind, it deserves four stars!

10 - Ekoz
Montersor's song continues the trend of EDM-based songs here, and honestly it's one of those things that have been pleasantly surprising. Although another song of overcoming adversities, which has been the theme throughout the contest so far. 3.25 stars for this entry.

11 - Izmedu
This song is very reminiscent of our past entry, "Wars," which is the best performing Yttribian entry to date, when it came in second place back in Tödlichebujoku. But while this song may not bide well with you, the audience, considering our troubling past, there's a chance we've been able to look past it. I don't think we have, but someday we will. I'll give this song three stars, but honestly it's not my cup of tea.

12 - Goluta
The only group of people this might possibly appeal to are the pre-pubescent cartoon obsessed dorks that run crouched with their hands behind their backs. I can already see those poor children rush at their schoolyard bullies to this song before they get beat up for lunch money. 0.75 stars for this act.

van Castille receives word that Tödlichebujoki commentators have stopped listening in to their broadcast

Well bloody hell they actually believed it! Let's see if those commentators figure out the Sebald Code. Anyways, one actual star for them, back to the action with entry thirteen from the Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic. Traditionally, any country that has the name "Democratic Republic" is neither of those things.

13 - Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic
Yay for LGBTQ+ empowerment? I mean, good for them that Igor is proud of who he is and that he wants equality for all. But it's not a captivating performance or anything like that. I asked myself: "Am I crying after this?" Hell, I was yawning. Rubbish. 0.25 stars.

14 - Normandy and Picardy
Love will die and lovers fade. I know that far too well. And this song...wow it's just hitting too close to home. Man, I might need a break after this song. Tissues for sure. 3.5 stars.

15 - Mercedini
A powerful anthem I can definitely get behind! Nothing better than motivating and rocking music that is more than bound to get points from us. Nothing more beautiful than an orchestral arrangement, violins, drums, electric guitars, oh man this has all the makings for good points. Four stars from us!

16 - Arioslavia
Not impressed at all. Seems too cookie-cutter to my liking. Which is a shame, really. Not really to my liking honestly, 1.5 stars.

17 - Adab
Ho. Lee. Shit. This was the best performance I've seen in a long time. My eyes are absolutely in awe by the grandiose and beauty that comes from Kinan al-Salaman and his beautiful guitar. Not only that, we may have witnessed the beginning of revolution in Adab, which makes the performance even better. al-Salaman's favorite number is going to be five, because that right there is a five star performance.

18 - Mister X
Well, Xian scientists have figured out how to time travel and what better way to use this revolutionary technology than in WorldVision with this song straight from the age of synthesizers and subpar lyrics! It definitely is a nice throwdown, but it definitely isn't a a winning song. Three stars.

19 - Antahbrantahstan
And EDMania continues to run wild! And even if there may be no one that can stop you, I'm certain zero points from us will. Half a star for that rubbish effort.

20 - Balkvla Islands
Wonderful! A song that doesn't have any EDM influences! But another love-centric song. Darn. The singers are absolutely powerful, though, I'll grant them that. But is the song going to change the world? I say not. Two and a quarter stars.

21 - Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles
I don't even know what the hell this is. Whatever it is, it's absolute garbage. Quite frankly I've seen water treatment plants that are filled with less garbage than this entry. It's just so awful honestly. I knew this contest was bad but I didn't think songs like this would come out of it, and I think I might have to award my first ever minus five stars. I honestly need to be put in quarantine after that performance.

22 - Missus X
The fucking legend himself, Rick-fucking-Leg has returned. Quite frankly, Rick Leg is the best thing to come from WorldVision because of just how fucking weird he is. Honestly, the fact this fucking song uses the word "fuck" so fucking frequently makes me a fucking fan like fucking finally fuck the fucking censors. Doesn't hurt either that this song is a fucking fiesta as well. You go, Rick-fucking-Leg! Four and three-quarter fucking stars.

And with that, word has it that we're going to need to take another hour long break, so we'll show you last week's episode of No Cutting Corners with yours truly! I interviewed legendary footballer Xavi Vilhjalmsson to see what his thoughts were on Yttribia actually planning to try in the upcoming edition of the World Cup, and we also discussed the secrets of not aging!
And we are back! What a wonderful lad he is. Anyways, here's Kwadai up next. We'll see what they have in store for us.

23 - Kwadai
After being reprimanded by my bosses, I would like to apologize for my usage of the f-word. Whoops, totally forgot this was a family show. Also, no instrumental music backing this entry is a brave move. Very interesting, but I'm not digging this at all. One and a half stars.

24 - Aloquirbe
Well I'll be damned, this is one of the better songs in store. This beat really is the saving grace for this song, and man I will not be surprised to be singing this song on the flight home. Four stars right here.

And with that entry, we've gotten to the halfway point of our transmission. We'll take a quick break before we return with Nawra Halabi's performance of "Fate" for Kalosia, and then the remaining acts before we look at voting. Stick around, there's more coming your way!
Last edited by Yttribia on Mon May 29, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Yttribian Confederation
Hosted
World Cup 71 | Cup of Harmony 61 | Campionato Esportiva 11 | Campionato Esportiva 15
I have some experience. Key word is some.
Find me at Gortolekua now.

Kalosia
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kalosia » Mon May 29, 2017 12:24 am

Kalosia
Fate — Nawra
performed in English to the tune of Gaia — Arisa [on spotify] [backup 3]

Nawra Halabi is a 21-year-old Syrian-Kalosian singer. She has previously been known on the international scene for having represented Kalosia in the 24th World Hit Festival in Caen, Normandy & Picardy. Like her WHF participation, her journey to WorldVision has not been smooth. She was due to sing for the island country last edition in Dreïchibu-u-Mousiki, however had to pull out because of personal reasons. However, here she is now, singing her heart out during the first week of Ramadan. Usually during that occasion she returns to Aleppo, Syria where her father is from (hence her last name), however that family tradition hasn't been able to be carried out for the past few years. Since they can't meet in person, Nawra hopes that her relatives can still get the chance to see her, somehow, on TV.

The song she'll be singing is called "Fate". Originally written and released in Kalosian, the delegation made a rather last-minute decision for her to sing in English, so that the international audience can better understand the message behind her entry. While the tune does not have Arabic influences like her WHF entry, the instrumentation is filled with orchestral sounds, typical of Kalosian ballads.

For her WorldVision performance, Nawra has chosen to wear a modest yet grand black dress, complete with a headscarf. She will be standing seemingly alone (in front of a mic stand) on stage, backed by 3 vocalists who will perform hidden away from the cameras.
As the song began, a cloud of fog covered the stage floor. The background screens were dark and the lights — other than the spotlight shining on Nawra, were emitting a mysterious dark lime colour.

note: (brackets) indicate backing singers only, bolded indicates both Nawra and backing singers
In a fair world we are only human
Every one of us, we only seek some peace of mind
When we work together we are selfless
Promising each other that no one gets left behind

But in our world, the system’s no longer fair
You will struggle to climb
If no one from up there
Sends you down a rope

The dark lime lights intensify. She begins to spread her arms wide, but in the last sentence of the next part she retracts them again.
But fate refuses to la-la-la-la-lay
La-la-la-la-lay here with us
We are left like animals to go out and fend for ourselves

She lifts her right arm forward towards the sky, and at the end of the second line in the next part she extends it toward the audience/camera.
And maybe will come the da-da-da-da-day
Da-da-da-da-day you’ll realize
That beyond the fame and fortune you have missed out on the rest

She retracts her arm again. In the last line of the next part, Nawra makes a circular motion with her hands, supporting the words she is singing.
So do not let your gold
Mislead you
True riches of the world
Surround you

In the next part, the lights fade slightly. Nawra puts in strong emotion into the words she sings and her arms move in a way that well fits the flow of her voice.
People sleep in tents under the moonlight
But they are not campers who come to live fearlessly (fearlessly)
They escape from violence and from gunfight
But then became helpless, it’s not what they hoped to see

While we find the reasons
To protect our feelings
With each changing season
More chances become lost

For the next part, all the lights fade away completely save for the single spotlight on Nawra, who voice sings quite strongly in this part, even echoing (indicated by the exclamation marks).
Humanity has died
I witness!
It no longer exists
Our kindness!

The lights come on again and intensify again, and Nawra relaxes a bit as the chorus comes.
But fate refuses to la-la-la-la-lay

In the next part, the lights (except for the spotlight) slowly dim again.
So do not let your gold
Mislead you
True riches of the world
Surround you

And in this next part, the lights stay dim until the last line, in which then they intensify again.
True riches of the world
Surround you
So let an open heart
Define you, define you, define you

For this next part, Nawra does the same arm movements as the first chorus.
(But fate refuses to) la-la-la-la-lay

Now she holds the mic stand with both of her hands as the lights dim.
So do not let your gold
Mislead you
True riches of the world
Surround you

While a dark lime green vibe still radiates throughout the stage, the lights have mostly reduced to the single spotlight on Nawra.
It no longer exists.

The song ends, and the audience in Besini cheer. "Gretsi tuta, šukrån, thank you everyone!" Nawra says, before leaving the stage for the next entrant.

Merecendi-
Attaché

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Merecendi- » Mon May 29, 2017 11:39 am

_26. MERECENDI_

Can't Get It On

Indefinitely

An attractive man stands on stage and makes exaggerated pelvic thrusting motions. Large images of diamond-shaped blue pills glide across the screens. An assortment of very small sausages and a small pieces of lightweight balsa wood, with the occasional 3-inch chicken bone, fall upon the stage and the audience. The lights are very flashy and sparkly
Can't get it on, can't get it on
Gotta get a bit harder
Can't wait too long, can't wait too long
I swear it, you make me harder, yeah

Just a second, let me quiver
I just wanna get a bone
Just a bone, yeah it's just a bone

I know, I can rise even stronger
Let me pop some blue diamond pills
Wanna shoot, you make me wanna shoot, but

I can't get it on for you
When you're looking so miserable
Oh, crawl down on the floor, my dear
So I don't have to look at you right now

When my rod is feeling miserable
Popping pills to pump me up again

Do I need food? Do I need food?
This night's getting nowhere
Went by the book, tried getting wood
These pills are doing nothing I want

I can't get it on for you
When you're looking so miserable
Oh, crawl down on the floor, my dear
So I don't have to look at you right now

When my rod is feeling miserable

Pills to pump me up again
Oh no I can't get it on

Pills to pump me up again
Oh no I can't get it on

"Whoohoo! Thanks Bessydini Mercedini!" he shouts as he flamboyantly thrust-skips across and off the stage, before slipping on an array of tiny sausages and falling into the crowd.
Last edited by Merecendi- on Mon May 29, 2017 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Saviera
Spokesperson

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saviera » Mon May 29, 2017 11:39 am

27. Saviera
Mon aéroglisseur est plein d'anguilles, by Norman & the Picards

To The Tune Of Rendez-Vous By Pas de Deux

Saviera is Back!!! and we are Singing in French

Norman & the Picards are in a Hovercraft. It is Floating Five Thousand Milimeters above the Ground and it is Full of Eels. With Each Second They are More and More Panicked.

Mon aéro…
Mon aéroglisseur est plein d’anguilles

Mon aéro…

Mon aéro…
Mon aéro…
Mon aéro…
Mon aéroglisseur

Mon aéro…

Mon aéro…

Mon aéro…
Mon aéro…
Mon aéro…
Mon aéroglisseur

Mon aéro…

The Song Ends and They are Ready to Die. The Crowd Cheers.

Lupolska
Envoy

Founded: May 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lupolska » Mon May 29, 2017 12:43 pm

Natala steps onto the stage once more.

“And that’s it! You have just watched all twenty-seven nations’ acts. Now, it’s time for your voice to be heard. Yes, you.” she says, pointing at the camera as it slowly zooms in on her. “To vote, simply call the number on screen and append the number of the performance which you are voting for. It’s that easy! Alternatively, you may text the on-screen number with the number of the song you are voting for , or you may use the handy WorldVision Voting App, available at your smartphone’s app distributor. Remember: votes for your own nation do not count, and regular charges will apply for casting a vote via phone. The phone lines are opening..." Natala dramatically pauses, "Now!" she announces with a smile, as the world begins casting their votes.

“Now, we’re going to slow things down a bit with our next interval act, sung by another of our very own Besinian talent, to ease your nerves from the stressful process of having to decide our next winner. Without further delay, we present Gavril Magatti with his beautiful song.”

PLACEHOLDER - Interval Act: Gavril Magatti
praise kek

Aloquirbe
Envoy

Founded: Dec 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

01 | Alosable, Aloquirbe

Postby Aloquirbe » Mon May 29, 2017 2:56 pm

01. ALOSABLE, ALOQUIRBE
LENA NYAT
WorldVision 39 for Aloquirbe; 8th place with 92 points

"Hello all you little fans in the arena. It is Aloquirbe, Alosable calling and we are here to give you the results...Here are votes 7-1 on your screen!"

8 - Adab
7- Normandy and Picardy
6- Mercedini
5- Britonisea
4- Talvezout
3- Ekoz
2- Besini
1- Monaero Pleindanguilles

"Our ten points goes to..."

YTTRIBIA!

"Finally, our twelve points goes to..."

ANTAHBRANTAHSTAN!

"Alright, goodbye!"

Votes are combined with Britonisea's. If you are not on this list, you're likely on the Britonish list.
Follow Britonish Television on twitter for the latest updates: Right Here!

Balkvla Islands
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 23, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

#02 Balkvla Islands | Voting

Postby Balkvla Islands » Mon May 29, 2017 5:56 pm

#2: Balkvla Islands
Niku Jam

"Hola Besini, Hola Mu'do, wo ha Niku Jamu e'taru. Hello Besini, Hello World, and this is Niku Jamu here to present the vote from the Balkvla Islands, thank you for a great show, and I hope to join you all to compete some day in the future, anyways, the first seven points are already on the screen so let's get to the top three!"
1 point: Alinghi
2 points: Kwadai
3 points: Mercedini
4 points: Kalosia
5 points: Missus X
6 points: Normandy & Picardy
7 points: Britonesia

"Our eights points go to..."

Monaero Pleindanguilles

"Our ten points go to..."

Togonistan

"And finally our 12 points; watati ha dose pu'to, go to..."

Aloquibre

"Congrats to everyone, and good luck, buenoi tue'te!"
WorldVision 55: 17th
WorldVision 56: 22nd
WorldVision 57: 17th
WorldVision 58: 12th
WorldVision 59: 15th

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Tue May 30, 2017 1:31 am

3. Normandy and Picardy's Votes

12pts - Saviera
10pts - Izmedu
8pts - Todlichebujoku
7pts - Antahbrantahstan
6pts - Ekoz
5pts - Merecendi
4pts - Talvezout
3pts - Mister X
2pts - Aloquirbe
1pt - Goluta
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Tue May 30, 2017 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguillese
Secretary

Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguillese » Tue May 30, 2017 1:34 am

4. Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguille's Votes

12pts - Yttribia
10pts - Mister X
8pts - Aloquirbe
7pts - Goluta
6pts - Izmedu
5pts - Todlichebujoku
4pts - Britonisea
3pts - Besini
2pts - Kwadai
1pt - Merecendi

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Tue May 30, 2017 6:27 am

5. Gregoryisgodistan's votes

"Hello, this is Lord Almighty Gregory, here are our votes, by which I mean my votes:

"12 to Adab
10 to Free Republics
8 points to Missus X
7 points to Mister X
6 points to Yttribia
5 points to Mercedini
4 points to Kwadai
3 points to Merecendi.... didn't we already vote for them?
2 points to Antahbrantahstan
1 point to Talvezout

"Those are our votes. Vote for us our we'll invade!"
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Wed May 31, 2017 6:16 am

6.Free Republics Votes

Nova Hellstrom walked out onto the WorldVision stage to read the FFR's votes.

"Thank you for your applause and for your favorable reception of our great performance this year! On behalf of the Free Republics, here are our votes, which were randomly produced by a computer program":

1: Yttribia
2: Togonistan
3: Mercedini
4: Arioslavia
5: Aloquirbe
6: Talvezout
7: Missus X
8: Mister X
10: Ekoz
12: Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic

First, I created a list of all nations that entered this edition of WorldVision (excluding the FFR). Then, I placed them into Random.org's List Randomizer and wherever a nation came up in the order of the randomized list determined how many points they received. The nation that appears first got 1 point, second got 2 points and so on with nations that ended up ninth, eleventh or thirteenth+ receiving 0 points because the only valid point totals we can award are 1-8, 10 and 12. Were voting voluntary (and thus limited to those who actually care), I would have abstained but since I have to vote and don't have the time to actually look at the songs and cast an informed vote, this is preferable to voting based solely on nation names.

Yttribia
Togonistan
Mercedini
Arioslavia
Aloquirbe
Talvezout
Missus X
Mister X
Britonisea
Ekoz
Merecendi
Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic
Normandy and Picardy
Izmedu
Kalosia
Antahbrantahstan
Adab
Kwadai
Tödlichebujoku
Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles
Saviera
Balkvla Islands
Gregoryisgodistan
Besini
Goluta
Last edited by Free Republics on Wed May 31, 2017 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Mister X
Ambassador

Postby Mister X » Wed May 31, 2017 10:24 am

12 Todlichebujoku
10 Gregoryisgodistan
8 Normandy and Picardy
7 Kalosia
6 Goluta
5 Missus X
4 Izmedu
3 Arioslavia
2 Merecendi-
1 Balkvla Islands
MISTER X

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Wed May 31, 2017 8:40 pm

- P R E S E N T S -

TAIKI: And we're back with WorldVision 56 in Besini Pãcretana!
AOEUOU: Back, back, back it up, baby!
KIELO: And hold on tight, we have the infamous Missus X up right now.

Missus X - Fuck Off

AOEUOU: FUCK SHIT YEAH FUCK YEAH! I can feel the electronic in my mindmeat. My earholes make electric sounds now.
TAIKI: This is... I really don't know. Just strange and, uh, unique I guess?
KIELO: There's nothing I can add to that.

Normand Commentary

TAIKI: After that strange experience we decided to hit up Jean Beauvoir. We had quite the time discussing the inanity and exploits of Missus X, he really is a wonderful personality.
KIELO: If you ever thought Jean was a negative, heartless soul, well you're wrong. He was quite positive and cheerful when we met him, and was really fun to talk with. Aoeuou was just struck speechless.
AOEUOU: ...

Kwadai - Senseless

TAIKI: Thank the powers above for Kwadai saving us from the incomprehensibile Missus X entry. This was a wonderfully well performed and produced entry that was actually a fun experience to watch and listen.
KIELO: Yeah I have to say that I really enjoyed it myself. Kwadai's a nation you can count on for pleasant and beautiful entries. Probably not winning material, but excellent nonetheless.
AOEUOU: Where did the fire come from? Why?
KIELO: Um it's a common stage effect? Why do you ask now?
TAIKI: While Kielo and Aoeuou ask each other questions, Aloquirbe is on the stage with Newology.

Aloquirbe - Newology

TAIKI: Looks like Aloquirbe's taking a different direction, yet still remaining classic Aloquirbe with the odd lyric pacing.
KIELO: Don't be so negative, it's an amazingly catchy and nice song, with great choreography and staging.
*Aoeuou proceeds to sing the song flawlessly to Taiki and Kielo, who are stunned and stymied at this feat*
KIELO: Wow.. I... um.. how.. and.. we'll be on your side, of course! For now.

Yttribian Commentary

TAIKI: Dominic van Castille was... a character. He seemed very happy to meet us, though something didn't quite line up there, when we were discussing the contest and other things.
KIELO: Yeah he was totally judging us. Hard to say what he actually thought of us until we meet him again. Hopefully he'll be tipsy then. If not we can always ply him with some strong beverages. Maybe vodka to start. Of course, we'll go harder with him as the night goes on.
TAIKI: Now that will be a party.
KIELO: Also Aoeuou decided to stay there. We don't know why, and we're not even sure if Dominic knows. Oh well. Kalosia's up next, and I've heard good things about their entry this edition.

Kalosia - Fate

KIELO: Oh this has lived up to, if not exceeded, my expectations.
TAIKI: In terms of lyrics and atmosphere, certainly up there with Izmedu and the like. Kind of on the fence with some of the lyrical arrangement choices, but they're not too distracting from the whole. I just wish the the performance had a bit more... pop or something. Something dramatic or cinematic.
KIELO: Really? I really enjoyed the simple aspect of the performance, and the way it built the atmosphere. I guess we'll just have to disagree on that.
*Aoeuou can be heard just outside the door*
AOEUOU: WHY IS THERE A WITCH???
*Kielo lets Aoeuou in, pretending not to have heard the question*
KIELO: Welcome back! Looks like we have um, Merecendi next.

Merecendi - Can't Get It On

TAIKI: So the song was very catchy and the lyrics actually weren't that bad, but that performance was... the strangest thing.
KIELO: I honestly don't know what the reasoning behind that was. Really don't understand much about this actually.
*the two realize that Aoeuou has been frozen in place, utterly silent, since Merecendi had been announced*
TAIKI: Um... Aoeuou? Aoeuou?? Gah, I'm not pronouncing that name any more than I have to. Are you alright? Hello?
*he tentatively and softly pokes Aoeuou. There is no response, but Aoeuou appears fully alive*
KIELO: How is he...? Um... Maybe it'll pass. Next we have Saviera-
*Aoeuou suddenly comes back to life, moving and making normal sounds*
AOEUOU: Ooh they're doing the Mono glasses plain gills song thing! I can't wait!
KIELO: What??? How did you..? Were you awake just before this???
AOEUOU: Yeah! There was a witch and you let me in!
TAIKI: Wait a sec... well here's Saviera while we figure this out.

Saviera - Mon aéroglisseur est plein d'anguilles

TAIKI: So apparently Aoeuou doesn't remember Merecendi. And every time we mention Merecendi he freezes and doesn't recognize what's going on when we're referring to that nation. Why didn't we figure this out earlier????
KIELO: Don't be like that, Taiki. Anyway, here we have Saviera singing about.... a hovercraft full of eels?? Or about the nation Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles? That's up to you to figure out. We're just going to enjoy the song, it really is something.
TAIKI: This entry is the freaking jam. If we don't give 12 to this I don't know what I'd do. The ending is a bit dark but really, what's a good song without a bit of darkness?
KIELO: Well that's a bit of a depressing way to look at things, but yes, I'm loving how this contest is ending on such a note- at least the song itself is lighthearted and catchy.
AOEUOU: Did Saviera steal Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles and turn the whole thing into a song? That sounds fun! I want to do that! I love it when things become sounds! My baby turned into a loud whistle last night. Too bad it ended. I can always make more though.
*Kielo and Taiki stare at each other, then at Aoeuou*
TAIKI: Well on that note, here's the interval! Voting instructions are in front of you, begin when the host announces it.

Interval Act

KIELO: Natala is really put together, isn't she? And what a song by Gavril Magatti.
TAIKI: Truly. It would perhaps be better with music and lyrics, but it's quite stunning the way it is now.
AOUEOU: If I can turn a thing into a sound, can I make a thing out of a song? I want my wife.
*Aoeuou begins to sing, but Taiki cuts him off, really in favor in ending the segment*
TAIKI: Merecendi's is really the sound you're going for. And with that, here's been a wonderful show from Besini, in Besini Pãcretana!
KIELO: That's right! We've had quite an amazing show tonight and a number of truly great entries. We'll leave the voting on- good luck Armor and Kyllikki! And get your votes in now!
*the two open some cabinets and grab some bottles. Aoeuou wakes up as the two start drinking*
早晨!ToBu for short.

Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:36 am

Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic Votes (n. 08)

[color=color=#00BF00] Democracy, social equity, switzerland, Democratic Socialism, EU (had some problems, but this not mean that it's unfixable), UN, Federalism, same sex marriage and Schengen , Ferderal non-ethinc based Palestine or in alternative two-states solution, Civic Nationalism on eventual European Federation (or Euro-civic-nationalism), Interculturalism(is a bit different whan MultiCulturalism)[/color]
Dictatorship, Fascism, Communism, Racism, Putin's Russia, Meloni, religion (as organized structures), Trump, Erdogan , British Gov., Netanyahu, Orban, Etno-Nationalism, Clericalism.
The tax rate is the half of NS index, pop. is different

I'm gay - I have Asperger Syndrome
I support
UKRAINE Peace, not a second München 38

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates