NATION

PASSWORD

Through the Looking Glass (TFL diplo)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
The Asahi
Attaché

Founded: Jan 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Through the Looking Glass (TFL diplo)

Postby The Asahi » Mon May 08, 2017 1:16 am

Before the pen would stain paper..
The gathering at Mizeareigh Palace

Duke Kumtah Payg let his eyes wander from behind the golden mask fashioned to look as a bird's face might. It contrasted greatly with the ebony suit worn, though similar avian themed baubles were present, including rings on middle, index fingers. His representation as a Duke was for the Court of Summer within the Kingdom. Drawn into the Spring's embrace, he remained in a relaxed, standing pose while taking in the sights upon the balcony.

Though strikingly different in its variety and disposition then say Nikkō City, it solved similar problems of assembling and providing for the courts, directorate and government in a massive building with the social structure of a small city, confronting a baroque view of a highly subordinated nature. The entirety was immense, five floors, twelve-hundred rooms, including two dozen directorate and government approved apartments, a library of significant size, and a theatre that often times served the will of the kingdom with grandiose productions. Wrapping about the whole of the estate was a monumental avenue that ran twenty kilometers between the palace and that of Nikkō City.

The palace has a rectangular plan, measuring 247 × 184 m, and the four sides are connected by two orthogonal arms, forming four inner courts. Each floor measures approximately 47,000 m2, but considering the five floors, the whole palace measures 235,000 m2. Behind the façades of its matching segmental ranges of outbuildings that flank the giant forecourt, a jumble of buildings arose to facilitate daily business. Such as the sizable military base, an airstrip, administration buildings and other government related interests.

Unbroken balustraded skyline and the slight break provided by pavilions within the long, somewhat monotonous façade. A large aqueduct brings water for the prodigious water displays. The palace displays the power and grandeur of an absolute monarchy. A solecism at Mizeareigh is that above the piano reale, the Primearch's floor, is another floor of equal magnificence. The royal palace has sixteen monumental rooms completely decorated with artwork of varying natures, some are in the popular fresco method of painting, and the rest is a myriad of others. Many of these works detail the rise of the Primarch, the Noble bloodline, and the flight from the depths of the old world, the passage to the new, and the Veil itself.

The garden, a typical example of the baroque extension of formal vistas, stretches for one-hundred twenty hectacres, partly on hilly terrain. It is also inspired by the park of Nikkō City. The park starts from the back façade of the palace, flanking a long alley with artificial fountains and cascades. There is a botanical garden in the upper part. The fountains and cascades, each filling a basin, at intervals along a wide straight canal that runs to the horizon. A sight indeed thought Payg, the Primarch and Ruler of the Kingdom has quite the home.

Returning from the balcony, his languid stroll returned him to the immense, cavernous lobby with a high, vaulted ceiling, the throne room could be accessed by visitors through a pair of ornamented doors located at the end of a long hallway. Within aforementioned area of the lobby, he ran into his contemporary and sometimes rival, Duchess of the Spring Court, Nat Mayjac.

My Lady of Spring, he offered, with a slight dip of head towards the noblewoman. In return, and a nod of head as well she replied. My Lord of Summer, summoned are you as well to stand before the Primarch? A faint but polite nod as he paused before the double doors, only now noting the guards standing to either side of it, had they always been there? Or had he simply not noticed them? Perhaps the latter. Let I be the gentlemen, and within shall we know what is desired of our courts. Pulling both doors open, and then standing to one side so as to let the evening gown clad Duchess pass, as she did so, bearing a faint smile to the gesture.

The walls and floor of the throne room were adorned with polished marble slabs that came in different colors, ranging from gray to red. One of those walls featured a viewscreen that allowed the Primarch to communicate with the outside world without leaving the royal seat. The throne itself was an ornate chair on a raised podium fronted by a low, flat-surfaced divider with a composite Rhydinian made holoprojector built into it. The throne dated back to the initial construction of the palace, but had been refitted with various new features over the centuries.

Beyond that, the chamber was sparsely furnished. It contained nothing else but a work station that served as the sovereign's desk and a few seats reserved for the members of the Royal Advisory Council. Despite its bareness, the throne room was spectacular, with its ample windows that bathed the seated ruler in sunlight touched stained glass colours, and offered an impressive panorama of the city. Nikkō was indeed a prosperous capital, and the ceremonial chamber of its rulers had been designed to reflect the city's glorious history and rise.

In that sunlight, of which bathed the interior through that design of stained glass, that afforded a myriad of soft shades of otherwise bright colours, sat the Primarch at the work station. The throne was bare of her touch for now, but rest assured, she would ascend sooner or later. Duke Payg offered a bow of head, with left hand to his hearts, and spoke. My Primarch, I, Duke Kumtah Payg, of the Summer Court, arrive as requested. None to long, and with a bit of flourish to her curtsy, the woman at his immediate side also spoke, her long dark hair bore many ringlets and other baubles of shiny that were somewhat distracting. My Primarch, as summoned, I, Duchess Nat Mayjac, of the Spring Court, has come before you.

There was a shuffling of papers, and then a bit of a sigh heard as the slight creak of a chair could be heard. When Payg lifted his gaze he found his Primarch with a bit of a smile on her face..which was troubling, almost worrisome you might say. Further thoughts were laid to rest as she spoke to both of them. My dear nobles of Spring and Summer, you are going to be our hosts for a grand event. You will play nice by the Accord of Stewards, lest there be any issues. Primarch Cuudrehk Frecban uv Byeh looked upon both nobles and then rapped her right knuckles against the smooth finish of her work station. I have desired to bring forth guests from nations beyond our dominion. We will speak of many things, perhaps trade, perhaps accords, perhaps treaties. This is a desire, and the government has bowed to it, so you are mine, as always, but for now, you are mine to demand such things of. Plus both of you have extensive services in this area, more so then those of Fall, or Winter.

Payg was the first to respond, although not by much. He again bowed, then he was straightened out and yet relaxed in composure. I shall serve at the whim of my Primarch and with distinction. This was echoed by the Duchess Nat Mayjac. The Primarch took stock of her representatives and then spoke as she laid a seal upon a missive, offering it in one hand lazily, of which a veil-crow snatched it up and vanished into a mirror like portalis. Excellent, because the missive has just been sent. You two shall prepare all the necessary arrangements for our guests, their security and intentions shall be yours to handle.

The crow vanished into the mirror, or rather what was supposed to look as a mirror. Really a passage way of ether, into the many near Veil passageways, corridors that existed outside of the mortal realm in the avenues of sight, but were still grounded by the tether of the world. At the apex of many different routes, the single crow would become many, each headed for a destination, and each bearing a letter with the seal of the Asahi Primarch.

On behalf of the populace of the Kingdom of Asahi of I write to Your Highnesses/Leaders of State this day to invite Your most honoured presence at our annual Gathering of Leadership,

Our summit is to be held at the Primarch's residence and seat of government, the Mizeareigh Palace. Any retinue You wish to have accompany You are more than welcome to attend. For Your Highnesses/Leaders of State entertainment, we will have wandering minstrels, jugglers and jongleurs to sing Your praises.

Please advise how many might accompany You. We hope that Your Highnesses/Leaders of State will be able to grace our nation and we await with anticipation Your response. If You would be so kind as to contact either the Duke of the Summer Court, or the Duchess of the Spring Court, at the below location and farspeaker, any necessary arrangements, such as transportation, accommodation and court scheduling, can be discussed.

May Your days be joyous and healthy in the months to come.
Yours in Service,
Her Ladyship of Fall, House of Harlot, Primarch of the Asahi
Cuudrehk Frecban uv Byeh
Dated this 8th day of May, 2017

When the crow landed at the respective desk, throne room, or otherwise other area of leadership, said crow would crumble as if made of stone, becoming but dust and then nothing, scattered into nothingness at the slightest of breezes or gestures that made for the scantiness of wind to be had. All that would remain would be the small tube, emblazoned with the seal, securing the parchment within it's grasp.
I am a fantasy MT/PMT role-player.

Finium
Senator

Founded: Nov 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Finium » Mon May 08, 2017 11:55 am

Household Offices
The Spring Palace

“How do you think they do it, Nigel?”

“Do what Marion?”

“The crow and the canister, witchcraft do you think?”

“There’s no such thing as witchcraft, just very clever engineering. You can’t believe everything the church says, you know.”

The two speakers, a pale woman and sturdy man, were in the household uniforms of the Spring Palace--long blue surcoats with grey shields. The Spring Palace was one of the emperor’s least favorite, having been built by in the early 20th century by a monarch of a competing dynasty. It was new enough to not need refurbishment, which was his favorite pastime, yet old enough to be in decline. Additionally, all the servants wore surcoats, which made the entire ground look like a medieval fortress even though it had never served in that capacity. These minor irritations made the emperor a recluse when he was at the palace every other Spring and he never had guests when it could be avoided.

The two servants, antique fashion flapping ridiculously, crossed through a courtyard and delivered the canister to an undersecretary. The undersecretary, having checked the contents of the canister, brought it to the emperor’s private secretary, who then provided the emperor with the message. After a delay of several hours, the entire chain went in reverse. A message was passed through the private secretary to the undersecretary to the waiting blue-clad staff. The message was entrusted to Nigel, the portly recipient of the original crow (wearing business clothes instead of awkward surcoats) and chauffeured to the rail station in Little Bingly. From Little Bingly, the courier took the 3:15 express to Hallsind and connected with the evening train to Untar. At Mariner Station, the courier was forced to take a taxi to the gates of the Merchant Hill district. The undersecretary phoned ahead and the courier was let through, but was forced to abandon his cab. The guard post, equipped with several golf carts for this very purpose, dispatched a sergeant with the courier up to the foreboding mansion of the Viscount of Untar.

The mansion was built around the same time as the Spring Palace and had the creamy stone exterior in an irregular pattern. 2.5 stories up, a very dark, patina roof frowned down on him. Unlike the Spring Palace, the viscount had dispended with the surcoated servants that were popular from 1912-1917 and opted for a more refined butler in nearly black, green evening suit. The undersecretary had phones to the house as well and Nigel was admitted to the second library to wait for the viscount. After waiting for exactly one hour, the spindly viscount and his equally spindly viscountess appeared a wordlessly received an envelope. The letter ran as follows:

Lord and Lady Haltz,

The Emperor wishes for you to attend a banquet/conference of the domestic Asahi leadership at Mizeareigh Palace. The Emperor is primarily interested in feral Fae, which have been hunted to extinction here, and he hopes that the Asahi government would be willing to repopulate the western Marches. This is all being handled with the utmost delicacy as the Archbishop of Mavros has very strong feelings concerning the potential Fae population.

While in the Veil, avoid anything too direct, but take note of the mood. The Asahi are mostly serfs, bordering on slaves, so you don’t need to worry about offending anyone, but these sorts of things have a way of reaching church ears.

Respectfully,

Lucy McKay, I.P.S.

“Shall I wait for a response, Lord Able?”

The two nobles, both in evening dress, looked irritably up from the letter to fix Nigel with a haughty glare. While nobles often seem to look down their noses at commoners, even imperial couriers, the Haltz’s famously long nose amplified this to a ridiculous degree. Able Haltz leaned his head back and Nigel very nearly caught a glimpse of the back of his nostrils before shifting his gaze politely back to the ground.

“No, no, I think we will just telephone our response. Thank you… errr… Mr... uh, Gerard will show you out.”

After Nigel was shown to the door, the watery blue eyes of the couple turned slowly back to the note.

“Do you think he’s punishing us for asking to visit him at the Spring Palace?” Patricia asked her husband.

“Hardly, he’s not one to hold a grudge, we’re probably just the only people who have talked to him since April. “

“I’ve heard of Asahi, though, it is a putrid jungle more damp and stinking than the tropical colonies.”

“A putrid jungle with Fae, my dear. He’s always been obsessed with them; every time he has a hunt he always recites poems about some Fae creature or another.”

“I always thought the Fae were just a euphemism for demons that church used” Patricia said, walking towards one of the bookshelves and inspecting the varicolored spines intently.

“It is, dear, but having access to the Fae is probably how those backwards Asahi primarchs govern their savage populace.”

“Here it is” Patricia announced, plucking the first of a long row of red-bound volumes. “Asahi, Kingdom of. Class 2 Heretics.”

She handed the volume, Brief Encyclopedia of Church Classifications, Volume I, over to her husband. After confirming her reading, he set the book down and rubbed his eyes.

“Not much information to go on, then” he said mournfully.

“No, but I had better phone up to the palace and tell him we’ve accepted.”

“Must we?”

“He must fancy you as a Fae hunting partner, Able. Don’t be thick, he’s offering you a chance to get into his good graces.”

Able nodded slowly and Patricia called for the butler to bring her the secure telephone. She made a very brief call to the palace and, though she asked for the emperor, only got his secretary. Lucy McKay recorded the note and set it aside. Five hours later, when the courier returned and redonned his surcoats, he was showed into Lucy’s office where he was given the Haltz’s response. The undersecretary then announced Nigel to the emperor and the letter was delivered. Thus, it took nine and a half hours from the time the Asahi message was received to the time that the undersecretary sent an acceptance letter back to the Spring Court in Asahi.

The Most Noble Summer Duke,

It is our extreme pleasure to accept this invitation to your charming island home. While the Emperor will not be able to attend, the Viscount of Untar, Able Haltz, and his wife, Patricia will represent the throne at the Gathering. Traveling with them, but not attending, will be their private secretary and a valet. Further details can be provided upon request.

Very best wishes,
HIM, the Emperor Astracies etc.

(via Lucy McKay, I.P.S.)
big chungus, small among us

Kheleguria
Secretary

Founded: May 16, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kheleguria » Fri May 19, 2017 5:03 pm

The Crow flies in..

Minister Makisig Lualhati had watched with some fascination as the crow had appeared, hopping down from the top of a bookcase, to the surface of his desk. The cylindrical device planted with a slight ticking sound, and then by all that was holy, the bird had become stone. He reached out hesitantly, right hand outstretching, several rings gleaming in the low light of the illumination provided for by a single lamp, only to find the gesture a futile effort as the crow became but dust.

He pulled his hand back, pulling a pocket neckerchief out and dabbing it against his forehead. The horned rim glasses of his pulled free for a moment so he could gingerly blink away the madness that had just happened. An uneasy sigh escaped thin lips, and then he noted the one aide standing very stiffly, having observed all of this. Tala, I do believe our former landlords are going to give me a heart attack one of these days.

Tala for her part, only smirked, however green eyes wandered over the minister, just to make sure. Knowing them Minister, they probably didn't even think about the repercussions of such a thing, given what they are. She leaned forward and down, plucking up the seal bound tube and popped it free. The contents came out, rolled finely, upon ancient parchment. The script was in Vei-Has. An old tongue of the Asahi, older than their own nation no less, and many more she suspected. They are seeking a visitor from our nation, to parlay about current events and so forth.

Makisig absently rubbed his temples a bit, then glanced over a few dossiers. He'd been thinking about ambassador placements anyways, to several of the nations within the realm. I think I will send your bother Zyriel to represent us. He's been doing quite well within the Ministry, and was on the list to be sent to Havasu to represent our interests there.

Tala smiled a bit, her brother was a tall, striking man, dedicated to the way of life his people lived. Truthful, charismatic, and a class act when it came to dealing with the strange and the foreign. She replied even as setting down some fresh files, a cup of coffee and a fresh stamp pad. He's a good choice, and his office has excellent support staff.

A groan nearly erupted out of Makisig's mouth as he watched a fresh load of paperwork, a brand new stamp pad, and more be set before him. If it wasnt for the coffee and possibly a danish to come forth out of the nearby tray, he'd have possibly been grumpy. I swear Tala, your going to be a fierce wife one of these days. A bit of a nursing sip to the coffee, noting it's dry taste sensation mostly at the back of the tongue. He quickly penned a response of which would then be communicated a far more traditional way, back to the Asahi.

We are honored at your request to have us attend your most noble of functions. Attending shall be newly minted ambassador Zyriel Sherwin, and accompany diplomatic officers of his office.

Humbly yours,
Makisig Lualhati
Minister of Administrative Affairs
The Dominion of Kheleguria

Machina Haruspex
Minister

Founded: Jan 13, 2005

Postby Machina Haruspex » Sat May 20, 2017 6:09 pm

Temple of Dra Crehehk Cuh
Chel'de Yorn Imperial Ward
Sovereign Imperium of Machina Haruspex

Pyramid shaped, composed of basalt stone and smooth volcanic rock, the building stood out amidst the rock and snow surrounding it. A single entry visible to the naked eye lay in the center. At either side, stone statues stood guard, pikes raised towards the sky and slightly at an angle of which banners of the Haru fluttered from in the wind that stirred up now and then. Beyond heavy oak and iron doors that were as of yet, opened inwards and inviting, lay the interior corridor that led into the main hall. White stone faced inwards and bathed the insides in a soft glow as light radiated from on high. To the left, more banners and stone statues of Emperors and Empress's long since passed.

To the left, the same, stone figures and banners from times before this. Ancient was the temple, a place of worship and meditation to purify one's mind and soul. Black tile upon the floor clearly marked a path towards the centerpiece of the temple itself. A massive sculpture of the first Emperor, Yar'uk Genai. Book of prophecy concerning the Cradle in left hand, the right bearing a globe of the known world. The message clear, rule all the world over and there will be peace.

Kneeling before said statue, crown to the right upon thin reed mat provided for such, the hulking form of the Emperor, Sa'Karn rested. Palms upon knees, fingers inward, shaved, tattooed head bowed down with eyes closed as in communion with beloved Prophet of whose will was served to an everlasting mission. A mission that not even he was aware of until the ascension to the throne amidst turmoil created by his own peoples. A slow lean up, eyes catching the inscribed passage at the feet of the statue, his own lips moving as sound produced the words that came forth;

Attendant to your nobility
Ask for your master's umbrella
The dews 'neath the trees of Miyagino
Are thicker than rain

Powerful words, creating an imagery vivid. Poetry of the times, harkening back to the savage days of old. Though the world had changed and seemingly so had his people, deep within, truely they had not, just the imagery. Their souls were still locked in mortal combat with each other, as he knew it would be, and would continue to be so. With a shake of head, the sound of another moving with brisk purpose alerted his senses. Clipping boot heels, and a swift stroll. A slight relaxed if only minor, until the junior officer of the Renor Vlos appeared and saluted with obvious pride to having been selected to the Emperor's staff.

The Emperor of the Haru people, the endless legions vast, and one of the larger empires within the land it existed upon, pushed forth from the multi-woven reed mats and came to a stand. He was proportionately muscled, and adorned in a traditional attire suited to generations of rulers before his own reign. Armor plating adorned his shoulders and arms, leaving his chest and back bared. Down the sculpted frame to a war sash and armor covered leggings. It was indeed archaic, but then again, it was also Haru. A pendant hung from about neck, a token of the once beautiful and inspiring Empress Jekara, whose tomb lay within Prathen's massive tomb garden, known as the City of the Dead.

His bluish grey gaze took stock of the young officer before him. Noting the features and the uniform. Not that it would be any other but the Renor Vlos, but he recorded all he saw, whether he knew it already or not. " What words do you bring? " The officer was rigid and then after a salute, spoke clearly though with a faint tremble because of being nervous or scared or both. " My Lord Emperor, a request has come forth from the Kingdom of Asahi." Sa'Karn absorbed such information, and quietly digested it. The Asahi held many secrets, including those of the Haru, and if it was a request, it could not be ignored.

He paused a moment and then gestured with his right hand. " Then scribe the words I speak, they will be sent to those that are of the Kingdom, and I shall travel forth to them, as a first visit beyond our realm."

To: Cuudrehk Frecban uv Byeh, Her Ladyship of Fall, House of Harlot, Primarch of the Asahi
From: His Imperial and Royal Majesty, by the Graces of the Gods, Emperor of Machina Haruspex, Duke of Prathen, Herald of the Old Laws, Sa'Karn Renor Elemmiire.

I and the royal line hereby accept the invitation to visit the Kingdom of Asahi. What a grand experience that this opportunity will be for all involved to see the sights and sounds of your proud nation. It has been several ages since the last soiree with our kin of the Veil, and I look forward to strengthening our ties once more.

The offer was rapt with attention, hands upon the tablet held to transcribe the words of his Emperor. This lasted for around two hours or so, and when done, he checked what the young man had scribed into the tablet. A faint nod of approval, and then handed it back. His seal of approval was the thumbprint next to the next to the text. " Take this to the Ministry of Foreign Services. Do not dally. This is our future moving forward." Boot heels clicked together, the officer bowed, and then immediately left the area of his Emperor.

Sa'Karn meanwhile waited a moment or two, and then moved with regal disposition towards the one open area of the Temple. Gazing out to the sea and mountains, right hand coming about the pendant in silent thought.
Last edited by Machina Haruspex on Sat May 20, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ranked 100th in the world for Economic Output
Ranked 115th in the world for Safety
Marshite Military Assessment: VI

Canini
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Canini » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:44 pm

In the Deep
Reverence Class Submarine-Battle Cruiser 013 " Kauyon "
On Patrol in the Northern Sea

The Kauyon (Hunter) was currently at maximum depth, having just left the colonial docks of Demlok t ea sea (Canyon of the Sea), a sizable hub of Rhydinian and Canini activity. Mining, agriculture and production/assembly were the highlights of the massive establishment, home to nearly four million citizenry.

Commanding the Kauyon was that of Colonel Narsis Snagfang. A leading officer within the RIRN, and a Canini career military officer who had proclaimed that Canini could only exist if had become one with the Hegemony, as it had done. His faith and resolution at the center of this belief had allowed him to rise within the military complex of the Hegemony and become among the first twenty to captain a Reverence class SBC.

A crow had appeared beyond all reasoning, within the chambers of Narsis. The fox being that had led a sizable contingent of forces at Karthay as well as planned other operations therein. He had been getting dressed, buttoning up the jacket of his uniform when the familiar cawing sound echoed about his quarters. As he reached for the lightly dancing back and forth bird, it dissipated into ash, and then seemingly nothingness. That was..alarming..

A message container was all that was left, and a dollop of orange wax at its center. A runic symbol pressed into it, and he swore he could have seen it before. It puzzled him for a moment, until he plucked it up, to inspect a bit more. Settling down into the nearby chair at his desk, collar loosened still as he placed right paw against the biometric scanner and the holo-projector screen came to life. He spoke softly to the machine. " Identify runic seal.." A blue light illuminated the seal that he held and a few seconds went by before a monotone female voice came to life. " Runic seal identified from archival records, House Spring, Asahi Primarch bloodline."

He opened the message tube just a few moments after that to read the contents, as he did so, he directed the terminal to open communication with central services, and pointedly, his superior, Admiral Taywen of the RIRN. Her face appeared on the streaming video, looking as if she had yet to age past a certain point. Of a shade close to ivory, her eyes were the traditional shiny black, as if a shark genome had been woven into her DNA. " Admiral, I apologize for the late call, but I received a summons from Asahi." He showed her the message tube, relayed the story of the impossible crow, and the contents of it relating to a diplomatic event. " Did they send it to the wrong person? Surely there are those of senior status that do this sort of appearance."

Taywen leaned back within her seat and then responded, though it appeared as if she had no reaction to such, Narsis knew better. " The Asahi don't make mistakes like this. Perhaps they feel that you are the best choice, and it's been a few centuries since the Canini treated with the Wizened. Perhaps because your people are one with the Hegemony, they seek a new insight. You will go Colonel Narsis, do the Hegemony proud." Taywen signed off then, and the stream went dark as Narsis cursed a bit under his breath.

A moment was spent rationalizing this endeavor before he used the terminal to get in touch with his second in command, Major Tharrin. " Major, new course. Head towards the port of Nikko City. We are going to be guests of the Asahi." Tharrin's blank look at his new orders seemed to hold him for a moment before he nodded his head, and Narsis made a motion of his hand that turned the terminal screen off. " Gods above.."

As the new course was laid out, the massive vessel pointed it's bow towards the direction it was to take and rose slightly from just above crush depth to that of the cruising height. At full drive, the Kauyon would arrive in Nikko City Port within twelve hours at it's impressive cruise speed of roughly fifty knots. As Narsis could feel the ship beginning it's turn, he was already on his way to the bridge and to the communication station and it's officer therein. He addressed the Lieutenant present. " Lieutenant Thren". Of whom the wolf gened officer stiffened as the Major prowled by, also of this gene stock, though a different breed of such. He inwardly shrugged as he continued. " Send this message to the Kingdom of Asahi Naval Port Authority. "
To: Kingdom of Asahi Naval Port Authority
Subject: Ambassadorial Visit

Vessel is proceeding on direct courst to Nikko City Port for berthing. Colonel Narsis Snagfang and accompanying senior officer will attend as requested by Primarch of Asahi Kingdom.

Narsis leaned back up as the digital teletype was sent towards it's destination as the Kauyon hurtled towards its destination. " Carry on your duties Lieutenant." Narsis spoke as she moved towards the center of the bridge area and next to the Major who had ceased his prowling for now. " Well old friend, seems we are to carry out the politicking once more." Tharrin grumped. " At least we won't have our hands tied again. You'll do well sir."
Last edited by Canini on Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Socialist Dwarven Republics
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Socialist Dwarven Republics » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:08 pm

Generally when one thinks of dwarven cities the first thing that leaps to their mind are vast structure carved into the mountain with great monoliths and statues carved from the earth itself as a testament to the dwarves’ mastery of masonry. With the capitol of the Socialist Dwarven Republics however this was not the case. Instead the capitol, Megtaruhr, built upon the shore of a vast bay by human settlers from long ago, was a mix of modern and utilitarian architecture with old dwarven masonry work that complimented the new styles. Megtaruhr has started out as a small fishing village centuries ago that grew into an important trading hub for the old dwarven kingdoms. When the socialist revolution took place and the old monarchs of the various kingdoms stepped aside so as to not incite a civil war amongst the people and themselves Megtaruhr had been selected as the most neutral ground to oversee the administration of the newly formed republics.

Towards the center of the city stood a great structure in the shape of a cube. A single doorway was carved out of the otherwise smooth and seamless gray stone. Here at the center of the city was where the Republics were administered and governed by it’s elected representatives. In the middle of the center floor of the structure at a somewhat medium sized and simply furnished office sat the Chairman of the S.D.R.. Hrothar Giansla was an average sized dwarf, his suit dark gray tailored suit was one of the few indulgences of the office that he had allowed himself. His red hair was trimmed short and neatly parted to the left and his only facial hair, a large mustache was also neatly groomed and kept short and neat as well. As the Chairman, Hrothar felt it was his duty to try and remain as simple and down to earth as possible, a trait that many of the previous Chairmen that had been elected to the job had tried portray as well.

Currently Hrothar was sitting at the rather smallish wooden desk in front of him, a small stack of folders containing snippets of information that the dwarven intelligence had been able to garner. Two violent empires preparing to merge, the underwater cyborgs making waves amongst some of the smaller nations and even rumors of cultists marching to war. Closing the folders and rubbing his temples, perhaps now was the wrong time to more fully open the borders of the Republics to try and breathe life into the slowly eroding economy that had grown more and more stale as of lately. Long had the dwarves and their human compatriots been able to remain isolated from the rest of the world. But now the country had grown to large, a population boom several years back was no coming to a head. Furthermore with chaos and war on the horizon the Chairman knew it was only a matter of time before the violence washed up upon the shores of his own country. Already he had personally overseen the construction of the new Dwarven Aeronautica Force in effort to make the Republics’ Armed Forces more versatile. Even with this though the Chairman knew the Republics were alone with no friends.

As if to answer this thought a crow flew in through the door that was conveniently slightly ajar. As it landed on his desk and crumbled to dust the Chairman reeled away from the pile of dust and the remaining tube, raising his arm to protect himself from the inevitable explosion he expected he was relieved but also disturbed at the appearance of the strange bird.
“Fucking sorcerers.” mumbled the Chairman as he cautiously picked up the phone on his desk while still keeping an eye on the mysterious tube.
Over an hour later a lone priest walked out of Hrothar’s office whispering a prayer of thanks to his god. A smile appeared on his face as he walked down the hallway towards the Chairman and several guards, one especially looked rather displeased with the events at hand.

“Everything is all clear Mr.Chairman.” reported the priest as he walked towards the group of dwarves. “Nothing but a minor trace of residual arcane energy from the tube, otherwise the it is safe.”

“You should still allow us to contain it to more fully determine whether or not..” began the scowling dwarf before he was cut off with a wave from Hrothar.

“Do not insult the priest Durdan, it’s rather rude.” said Hrothar in a stern tone.

Walking away from the guards, Hrothar headed back towards his office. This elicited a string of curses from Durdan under his breath as he followed the Chairman back. Striding towards his desk the Chairman picked up the tube and broke the unusual seal on it. Tapping the back of the tube a rolled parchment fell from it.

Reading the note the Chairman dropped the parchment back onto the table and picked up his phone again

To: Duke Kumtah Payg, of the Summer Court

It is with great honor the Socialist Dwarven Republics has received the invitation from the Asahi, I am pleased to inform you Ambassador Guirigar Stoncottur of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Sorrigan Kleichstall as a Representative of the Merchant Groups will be attending. Accompanying each of them will be an assistant and a bodyguard, we look forward to the event as well as and hope to nurture a relationship between both of our nations.

Ser Di Haruk
Spokesperson

Founded: May 24, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ser Di Haruk » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:07 am

Midnight-ish..

There is no better way to freak out an old man than by having a crow land on a desk, then melt away to nothingness. After a moment of catching his breath, diplomatic officer Greer took note of the cylindrical tube that remained, and after finding his glasses. Mumbling about the bloody witchcraft, and something about a heart attack, and crows, he managed to secure the letter therein.

Reading of whom it was from, and then where it was from, and he sat within the rolling office chair with a slight lean, taking of his glasses for a moment to slightly pinch the upper portion of his nose and then rub forehead a bit as muttering a bit more to himself. Adjusting the desk lamp, and a momentary glance at the rolodex beside the landline phone, he found the number he wanted and then pressed the numbered buttons to get whom he wanted to speak with.

" Yes, Major Viritie, I realize it's a bit late, but do me a favor and arrange transport to the aerodome later today, seven in the morning please. Also, make sure I've an assistant, and two security officers. They can be military if so desired, more for a symbol than anything else. Yes, yes, that will be fine. Yes, alert the security ministry and the foreign affairs services that I will be leaving the Union for a diplomatic meeting with the Kingdom of the Asahi's ruling authority." A few short pauses, checks on where, when, and etc made more of. Paperwork upon paperwork, signed, dated, triplicate in nature for the bureaucracy. " Yes, that's correct, thank you Major Viritie."

Greer finally managed to hang the phone up after some pleasantries with his aide, of whom was also a member of the security services, and so on. If the Major was informed through proper channels as was the case just now, then all in the ministry would know everything by the time he left, checked his watch, in four hours. Setting spectacles upon the surface of his desk, he dozed off a bit.

Two hours later..

Brought back to life by the rather fierce shrew of a woman that was the housekeeper, Greer managed to groggily get out of his chair and stumble out of the office and out of her way. The vacuum really woke him up though, and it was only a bit of orange tea that softened those still gathering nerves as he stretched and popped his back a bit. " Ugh..." Briefly uttered complaint as he found a box of wafers and munched on them in the kitchen.

After some wafers and tea, he found himself getting cleaned up. Showered, shaved, suit adjusted, clothes packed, and trip accessories loaded into a boarding satchel. At precisely ten minutes till the transport would arrive, he said goodbye to the housekeeper, and headed out of the small, but modest two level home, down the drive way and to the end of the road to wait for his vehicle. It arrived early, by a few minutes.

At the head was that of an officer. A young Shasal Orolaes (roughly Lieutenant) was driving, in the front seat was another officer of the same rank. As he climbed into the rear seat of the Havanii made sedan, a third officer of the same rank was also present. He noted they were all military, specifically of the army. Probably on leave, and the security services probably thought this was a way to both broaden their horizons as well as keep them out of trouble. He made small talk as they went to the nearest aerodome, which was that of the Kutna International Aero and Port.

It would seem that his three escorts to be were from ruling Party families. Toph, Verrelli, and Kabov. He nodded his head as each gave their names, he would remember them for introductory purposes and the like. Asahi was going to be an eye opener for these young men. The sights, the sounds, the culture, they would never see such again, so they may as well enjoy it. He gave a brief outline of their visit to be and a warning for what they would encounter. Asahi was a wild land, a direct access to the Veil and all that it contained. Their rapt attention was his during this lecture.

The Journey Begins
The aircraft that they boarded was also not of the Union's make. Things with Nocticula had to progress better, or at least he hoped the Party would side with the royalists. The economy of the Union was highly dependent on foreign production of vehicles, aircraft and other sorts of things. Mostly for the civilian market, but also to a degree the military complex.

Case in point was the small aircraft currently waiting outside of the charter office. The boarding ramp unfolded to allow himself and his military entourage aboard, the Nocian A'nshal'a II 110 Jet was a staple of the diplomatic corps as well as other ministries serving the Party and the Union's foreign affairs. Greer settled himself in the middle, with the others taking seats here and there.

It was a long flight, nearly twenty-one hours to the Kingdom of Asahi. The flight stewardess pulled up the ramp, locked the hatch and made small comments about inflight movies, snacks, meals, and internet usage before excusing herself as the craft hurtled down the runway and into the air.

Salvasti
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Salvasti » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:24 pm

Sanctus Seru
Inner Chambers
Hour of the Hawk

The light gave him the look of the feral, flickering about skin with hungry laps. Feral was the poetic way to put it; most simply went for monstrous or likened him to an animal. They did it out of ear-shot though, knowing full well that if it was overheard, then the truth of the descriptor would be well known. No, he was hardly meant for rule. Third in line he wasn't even considered the necessary spare and thus, went about life training to do things he wanted to do. It was only through unfortunate circumstances that found him sitting on the Throne, but it was those circumstances that allowed his otherwise - uncivilized - skills to be put to a better use.

Were they truly such? He doubted it. One needed to learn to lead as well as know how to be led. One needed to know what it was like to kill to better understand those that did. One simply had to, else be made a fool and lose any chance of respect. Fear might keep many in line but fear would not last. Fear led to undesirable results that led to death, and he wasn't ready to meet the Reaper one last time yet.

Eyes that sparked like some contained lightning storm read over the contents of the letter one more time before he finally set it down across the smooth surface of the desk he sat at. For once fingers did not go to the crimson mohawk that helped the feral look, instead they went to the drawer. Selecting the file desired it was set upon the letter and intently looked at.

Ambassadors were a tricky business that. It was hardly a question of where but more of who to select, a glance from the folder took in the map on the wall before he leaned back in his chair, thinking. It would be rude to not reply. It would be just as rude to not send someone capable. Sir Grant was rather indisposed at the moment and no offense intended to his friend of countless years and campaigns, emissary duties simply were not him. Not unless he knew the person, then he was far more capable than anyone in his employ and rule.

Looking completely natural his hand picked up the small silver bell, letting it chime once while his gaze remained to the map. Without fail the ornate yet very practical door opened, admitting the young aide who entered and bowed, awaiting orders. He didn't need to look to know that just to the right of the door, just as it would be to the left, one of the Death Watch would be there. Just like he didn't need to look to know that his aide bowed. It was ingrained routine that on occasion and as necessary, changed to demote the concept of complacency.

"Servonos. I need for you to ask the Exalted Master to see to to this upcoming diplomacy mission. Ask that the Sigil of the Merchantile accompanies him. With Sir Grant away, speak with his Lune Knight for a recommendation to accompany both. A small regiment should suffice, no more than four as we do not want to put undue pressure on this host." His eyes left the map as he spoke, addressing his aide in concise words before he interlaced his fingers before him on the desktop. "We know little of them, ensure that - that point is made."

"My Lord." With another bow Servonos left, closing the door behind him.

It was still a few moments before he gathered the folder to returned to the drawer, and still a few moments before he collected instead the sheet of parchment and pen. Anyone else likely had someone do this for them, something that could be delegated for others to handle so they might pay attention to the important things. It could also be said that he just didn't trust someone to write for him the letter. It could be and simply was not. The letter was addressed to him, in a round about way. The respectful thing to do was return that degree of consideration.

Diplomacy was the art of the possible, after all.

To those whom look upon this, greetings.

The Salvasti routine of six respectfully accepts your offered invitation of hopeful diplomatic talks.

Signed
Under the Guidance of the Saints
Lord Rooks BloodGuard Salvasti

The words were to the point, with hardly anything giving way to titles, honors, or the like. He could easily filled the page and to what point; they would mean nothing to someone not familiar with his people, much less himself. Let the Exalted Master and Sigil of the Merchantile speak in his stead, without the false air presented. Diplomacy required elaborate ruses and hard truths to be effective; right now there was no need to give the impression of a pompous idiot. Right now was to see what could be mutually beneficial.

North Ver Ist Bremotica
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 24, 2016

Postby North Ver Ist Bremotica » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:11 am

Sorcerers and Ravens..

Flight Admiral Donitz stood upon the bridge of the armored airship Cascade and marvelled at the industrious nature of his people, after such a short time, and rise from the Havani oppressors of the none to distant past. His duty was that of escort, shepherding Minister Arrabella Holt to the gathering. He'd heard that the sorcery of the Asahi was behind this. Something about a bird becoming stone and then nothing but ash in but a moments time. He'd heard it was a crow, but also possibly a raven.

There were others summoned, a great gathering such as this meant many would be arriving. Some current enemies, others neutral, and the unknowns. His people were in the latter category, with only an alliance of trade between a few nations. They would make landfall soon, having set forth from the dockyards of Verithya, a port nearest the shipping lane to the Asahi kingdom territories.

Donitz was born after the revolution, and had grown up in the throes of freedom, captivated by all that the Republic had to offer an idealistic young man. He had pushed himself through the naval academy, only to transfer to the airship service when it became apparent that it would become their future. A mere twenty-seven years of age, and he commanded a Type 3 battlecruiser. A three stacked, vent and stabilizer ragnite infused thruster borne vessel. Designed in part with their Yuktobanian neighbors, it was a new ship to offset the many hand me downs from the Takhisians and others.

He stood tall, as many so called Bremie's do. Nearly six-foot-four inches tall, a lanky build however secured by the naval uniform that wrapped about his figure as if armor of old. Burgundy hair trimmed to a gentlemen's length, and eyes of jade peered forth beyond the nordic like facial structure of a hardy, mountainous, island people.

His second in command, a freshly rotated in executive officer, a man named Kell, was somewhat nearby. He looked alien like with the communications headset in place, though at home within the confines of a ship supposed Donitz. His newly arrived XO was everything he was not, he was heavy set, somewhat stocky in build, and appeared to have never missed a meal, let alone turned one down. However this facade was everything but, the service record was impressive, he'd been lucky to get such an experienced officer for this trip. Perhaps if everything went smoothly, Kell would finally call a ship home.

A voice echoed up from the navigation and control section. " Admiral Donitz sir, we have exited the airstream, and have received landing trajectory coordinates from Asahian aerospace control." Donitz nodded as Kell did his duty. " Prepare for de-acceleration and arm control docking with Asahiian hanger control. Adjust altitude accordingly and activate all reduction vents."

Donitz nodded, nearly unaware of the presence that had slipped up behind him. He spoke without turning. " You do us an honor, watching the crew perform this deed Minister Holt." A slight gasp, then a laugh from the woman, nearly as tall as he. A blonde, with a regal air, there were words she had come from a former aristocratic line, but there was no denying the regal way in which she moved, the determination possessed. " Admiral Donitz, share my thanks to your crew for ferrying me to this endeavor. We shall soon be amongst some of the largest fish in our world, I shall look to this vessel as the tether to the homeland."

Donitz nodded as he listened, he was envious of his second being able to stay aboard the ship. He didnt fancy being among beasts of men, and other things. This was the Asahi after all, how many others had come from this summoning...

Undead Souls
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Undead Souls » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:06 am

A feathered visitor

Within the imperial temple of the Dreamer, located within the capitol Cynr yv Krojy'k (Born of Shadows), General Krax Procipinee watched the spectacle unfold before the seated form of Anaxandron Sa'Hanan, ruler of the Everpire and all Infernalites broad and far. Sa'Hanan's right hand lightly flexed as the crow landed within her outstretched palm, crumbling as the message seal was delivered. As dust disappeared and fingers exposed peeled the invitation into existence before the chaotic gaze of the Anaxandron, he could only guess as to a response. Laughter was unexpected.

Still it resonated within the open area of the temple, before the form adorned in what could only be some form of archaic battle gown of slick metal and what he could detect of a sacrifice spilled forth against her lips and neck, began a slow approach to the more formal military uniformed adorned figure. Right hand fingers absently playing with the missive upon reed paper. It harkened back to a day of yore, and so it had to be one of the more ancient races within the realm, to summon them so.

" My Anaxandron, what amuses you so? " Krax managed out before Sa'Hanan swished to a stop beside him, though she presented herself to facing behind him, casually laying a hand upon shoulder nearest. " General, gather a small grouping of your best, we are summoned to Asahi, our cousin kin wish to speak their slithering voices to us once more." Krax nodded, trying not to let his nervousness at being approached so, the blood and bodies of millions were upon the hands of Sa'Hanan, friendly and hostile alike.

He made a wordless gesture with his free hand, and several of the royal guard emerged after a time. The bluish-grey uniforms matched his own, spit and polish jackboots for the fascist appearance, and all were of the blood service, the four were seventh generation Agar rauko (loosely meaning Blood Demon). Skin tone matching their uniforms hue, sharpened teeth for the piercing and eyes of ebony, almost like a sharks. There was a light rapping of boots as they came to attention. Krax returned gaze to an otherwise unmoving Sa'Hanan. " Ready as you wished My Anaxadron."

Sa'Hanan coolly glanced over the Agar rauko of the Royal Guard. They would do. " Very well, we go to the kingdom. One moment. " She moved her hand from the general's shoulder and began tracing symbols into the air. The air shivered, and a disturbance could be clearly felt as the Veil passage opened to Sa'Hanan's invoking. The wall nearest split apart and a path appeared where one should not have been. " Walk with me Krax, our journey is short, but the sights are delightful. The wraithlands are always a desirable delight to my gaze."

Such words carried their own threat and the royal guard stiffened, following behind their Anaxadron and General with arms at the ready, as the portal wall closed behind them. Just a few more visitors to the realm of Asahi on the way.

Renor Xukuth
Envoy

Founded: Oct 03, 2007
Father Knows Best State

Postby Renor Xukuth » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:05 pm

(co-ab post written by Korladis starting in Bold and Xukuthite with italic speech)

The crow landed with nary a sound, it’s wings fluttered, yet no noise came from those beating of feathers against the very air. Within ebony eyes resided a pool of darkness that seemed to draw all light within, to never return. To shake this silence, came a single cawing sound to scrape against the ears of Valis.

It was not easy to penetrate the sanctum of the Matriarch. There were bones of those in the past littering what could only be a tomb beneath that place that she resided. Still, it had appeared. It’s fine coat as dark as its entrancing eyes, and the caw that had carried, perhaps it was an omen of things to come?

A cylinder came free of it’s nearest leg, and rolled gently as if pushed across the expanse of dark wood, polished so to a shine like a mirrors. As it stopped, bearing the emblem of the Asahi upwards and into the light of a passing float lamp on it’s lazy patrol above her head, eyes of a paled red, long since had they not been without the covering of crown and mask, recorded the sight before her.

The crow froze, mid-flap of wing, it’s beak still open partially as it’s movements ceased. Stone before her, and even as smile formed for a moment, it crumbled into itself, disappearing into nothingness. Such was only a feat on the Veil tainted creatures, a signature if you will of an ancient being, like so much a calling card.

The plan had been to send a Duchess from the house of Sargtlin, but this would not do. This calling card could only have come from the Primarch, and the nobles of the great wizened court, a place that she herself once stood within. Eighty years had passed, in but a blink of the eye it seemed. Now there were new forces in the world, the realm at large had brokered with new life and cultures. It was time that she returned to this world, embracing once more, the past and the future with vigor.

But whom to take with her perhaps, there were countless ones wishing to gain status, to represent their houses, but they were all for the most part, boorish. They did not understand the reason that the imperial court, her court, held the Kingdom of Asahi in such high regard. Truly this would not do, and as she leaned backwards, she made a flicker of hand to summon her most trusted subordinate.

As the young woman appeared as if from thin air, the taut fitting fabric of burgundy one piece ever scandalous in its teasing of the eye offered a bow, Valis spoke. Summon my dearest compatriot, the Empress of the Batory. Tell her..I would like her to accompany me, to the Asahi. The young woman nodded, and retreated. The aide represented the House Renor Elghinn, and her given name was that of Fedra. Daughter of Baroness Jiana Hu’Elghinn, a leading noblewoman of the house.

She was of average height for an Xukuthite. Standing roughly six feet tall, athletically toned, yet somewhat on the slender side for her build. Amber hued hair shaved on the sides with a fauxhawk along the top. Instead of silver plates upon her spine like a noble might have, she had the bronze style of a free servant soldier in service to the imperial bloodline. Her near silent footfalls led Fedra to the communication terminal and she keyed in her access code. She scanned the listings until the video-phone number for the Batory Empire was found. The source would be from Matriarch Valis Xukuth’s personal security clearance, and would ID as her mistress. Her index finger pressed enter, and the image on the other side would view Fedra’s face. It would seem to be flesh for the most part, but Fedra was an augment. There were seams at the edges of her cheeks, and eyebrows etc, barely there but distinguishable.

Fedra made a slight bowing motion on the screen before speaking. My Mistress, ruler of all that the Xukuthite make claim to, Matriarch Valis Xukuth, requests the presence of Empress Vereba of the Batory Empire. This request is to join her as a traveling compatriot to the Kingdom of Asahi. Once finished, she awaited the reply.

Within a few seconds, an image appeared on the opposite end, of a woman with blonde hair and icy eyes. She had an expression as though she had been about to say “The Empress is indisposed at the moment” but suddenly had to think of a much more polite response upon learning the identity of the caller. Her grey garb seemed something like a military uniform, but was not of any official recognizable rank. “The Empress will be notified immediately,” she began. “It may take a few moments… she is taking a bit of recreation in the under-levels… Please excuse me for a moment…”

A faint nod of head once more and placement of left hand against and slightly above her bosom, there was no change in the facial expression of Fedra, she was an Xukuthite after all, decadence and delights were an everyday affair within the homelands. The briefest of exchanges made. As it must take, I will wait for a response from her. The hand slid away and once more to her side, mirroring the placement of her other as the form upon the screen attended to her duty as she must.

The Hyperborean vanished for several minutes, before reappearing. “She will be just a moment, apologies.”

A couple minutes later, she was replaced by the familiar sight of the Batory Empress. A light sheen of sweat coated her pale, luminescent skin and iron grey hair, tied up in its usual high pony tail. While she had donned a wispy black robe, it hung mostly open, and was transparent anyway, concealing nothing. The rise and fall of Vereba’s chest revealed by its pace that she had been engaged in strenuous activity. Slender fingers lightly grasped what appeared to be a cigarette but burned altogether differently. Black eyes met those of Fedra and seemed immediately to adopt a flirtatious air. “I hope Adjunct Varn was not too rude? She has a habit of being haughty to callers.” From her posture, it seemed that she was lounging in a comfortable chair, giving a false impression of laziness, as was her habit.

She was most proper, a credit to your house and kin. Fedra replied politely before continuing. As was probably conveyed, My Mistress desires the pleasure of your company for visitation with the Kingdom of Asahi. Of so many companions she could have, she has chosen you. What say you, My Lady?

Fedra kept a neutral poker face, though she had seen all that was displayed, the duty before her was demanding and protocol had to be maintained, she served the Matriarch and all things were considered secondary to that service.

“Ah yes, I was wondering what I should do about that odd avian invitation,” the moroii said, referencing the crow that had appeared and then disappeared earlier that night. “And it would be my pleasure, which I’m sure comes as no surprise to your mistress,” she chuckle, finding it amusing that Valis likely knew full well before asking what the answer would be, and all the implications thereof. “Fortunately I have no engagements that can’t be postponed, so I shall be able to enjoy the company of my fascinating Xukuthite counterpart. I’m sure the two of us could enjoy your company as well,” she added, shamelessly.

I will be there, as the blade and shield of my Mistress. Fedra replied. Slight cant of head to the right, before she spoke again. I will convey your desire to her, she requests that you arrive in the port of Arrenthos, soon to be shared territory with your naval builders. My Mistress has a specific chariot that carries her forth. A slight pause. Will you be able to do this in short order My Lady?

The Batory matriarch cocked her head, as an animal might, thinking for a moment. “Yes, I believe so.” While some might interpret it as placing her in a subordinate role to ask that she travel to Valis rather than the reverse, in her mind, there were practical reasons for such. Vereba had, after all, traveled far more often recently than had the Xukuthite Matriarch, and though no youngster herself, was far younger than her counterpart. She drew on her lighted narcotic. “This is no trouble. Do tell your mistress that I look forward to sharing her company again.”

A slight bow again, this time both hands were placed just above her bosom. She spoke as she did so. I shall convey this to Her, and of the subject I am sure she will be delighted. She plans to leave for Asahi in seventy-two hours. We shall be waiting for you. Fedra arose, and then gently placed her hand to one side of the screen, out of sight and the communication device flashed to the emblem of the Xukuthite government before it vanished completely.

Fedra turned about and headed back from whence she came, into the area of her Mistress and offered a similar bow as to the one Vereba had received. My Mistress, your companion shall come calling. Shall we not make plans to be in your chariot that resides within Arrenthos? Valis offered a slight nod and the barest of touch to the young woman at bow still. Rise Fedra, make the travel arrangements. I desire to escape the womb of the palace for a time, of whom better than those we so delight in.

Within moments of the call ending, a flurry of activity began at the Hearth. The Empress journeying overseas required quite a bit of preparation, after all, even with her official jet being kept quite ready. Whether this one was the same as had been seen at Karthay was known only to those in Batory clan service, and even then, only those directly involved whose business it was to keep track of such things. Precise numbers and details about the Empress’ conveyances were closely guarded secrets, after all. If it was the same aircraft, it had since been modified, as hints could be seen of defensive armaments. Under the surface, armor plating had been added, and the engines had been swapped for those used on the BISF’s Ku-81 bombers, to offset the additional weight.

Soon enough, it was airborne, flying out of the aeroport nearest Sarkanotthon, two BeM-28s escorting. These were flown by pilots who themselves were likely members of the Dragon’s Claw as well as the BISF, red dragon ouroboros roundels contrasting ominously with the dull grey metal. Both had mouths of sharp teeth painted at the air intakes, along with other ‘nose art.’

Hours later, the small squadron approached Arrenthos, the Empress able to see the coastline from behind the blackened windows of her jet. It seemed a bleak place, with the coast itself consisting almost solely of eerily jagged terrain devoid of plant or animal life until well inland, as if the top layer of the land had been brutally cut away with a dull blade. Interrupting this blasted landscape were cranes and scaffolding around new edifices that comprised Arrenthos itself. But then, the fortified drydocks and slipways were no surprise; she herself had given the Sorvik clan the go-ahead. Within moments, landing permission was acquired at the nearby airfield and the bone-colored jet rolled to a halt. This particular runway seemed to have even higher security, formed of those Vereba recognized as blade dancers and similar soldiery to what she’d seen last time she was in Valis’ lands.

Higher security indeed. Before the plane, and its escorts, there was a veritable field of soldiery. Rows and rows of elite troops, twenty across as it were, and each section of four that were not blade dancers wore a different coloured beret. Fedra stood upon a royal red carpet that had been spooled out towards the plane as soon as it had taxied into position. As soon as Vereba and entourage would appear, she’d offer a bow much as before on the communication device.

After a time she’d stand to one side in wait. The short walk past the rows of the Xukuth line soldiery would lead them to a transport. It was open roofed and held no doors, just barely a jeep or similar 4x4. In front of and behind were more, but these were filled with soldiers. The drive would also be short, though they had to weave about somewhat, the route was strewn with cranes, construction crews, building rising up and sinking below. Eventually the construction thinned out to be more what one thought of a military facility.

Passing through checkpoints and saluting sorts to what could only be a hangar, smooth and made of hardened feracrete. It was massive, on a scale that was beyond enormous, not seen elsewhere within the area, or at least not yet. Four more were still in the building process, part of the joint effort.

There the trio of transports would slide to a stop before the obvious entry point. A massive hatch door, and next to it, a much smaller person sized door. Fedra strolled towards the doors, hands behind back, and as if on cue the smaller doors slid open. She turned about some to look upon Vereba. We now enter the hallowed chambers of the Matriarch’s personal chariot, the dreadnought Cay Tnykuh, of which translates loosely to ‘Sea Dragon’.

Donning the now familiar sunglasses to shield her eyes from the light, Vereba gave a nod to the assembled military personnel, stepped down onto the red carpet, and followed Fedra. While obviously one might think she was used to fancier vehicles, she did not balk at all at the military transport, as it was appropriate for such a place as this. Having gingerly stepped in, glad she’d worn boots, she lounged in her seat, observing the bustle of construction around her, seemingly unperturbed by the weaving motion of their conveyance. Occasionally, she’d glance to Fedra, not really bothering at all to “sneak” these looks. Upon being “caught” by the eyes of the Xukuthite, the Batory gave a lustful, full-fanged grin.

However, such non-verbal innuendos ceased when they reached their apparent destination, a hangar of gargantuan size, comparable only to such as had housed the BISF’s enormous rigid aeroships of old, and those that housed the luxury passenger vessels of such still in service. The moroii suspected that this was not the type of vehicle within, however, and was proven correct upon entering and laying eyes upon the Cay Tnykuh. “Oh my,” she let out, removing her sunglasses to reveal the famous black eyes of the Batory clan. “Most impressive. I shall have to get one of my own.”

Partly this also referred to the rapid pace of construction. When last Vereba had seen these lands, when the new dynasty had been literally forged in blood, this entire coastline had been desolate, devoid of anything but barren rock. It seemed both Xukuthites and Hyperboreans were eager to make use of such prime real estate as it were. To the chagrin of their mutual enemies, no doubt, as surely the Rhydinians had hoped to render this land unusable for longer.

Fedra was not unused to the wanton looks of the mothers that be within the court and in general life. Her family had been trying to get her married off for years, however service to the Matriarch kept them mostly at bay. She endured the Batory flirtation and outright suggestions with but a faint smirk now and then. While perhaps teasing the Moroii, this was atypical behavior of an Xukuthite more or less when in strange company.

As they strolled the opening and into..a darker setting, one where sunglasses were not required, the girded flooring became apparent as below them, dozens upon dozens of meters of empty air or rather, emptiness criss crossed by beams and other things. Outriggers sailed back and forth, sparks danced upon the artificial wind generated above and below. There were many vessels being constructed here, but for the moment, all eyes would reside upon the Cay Tnykuh.

She was the product of serious consultation with the Knighthood of the Southern Takhisians, and the technological abilities of the Xukuthite military and research complex. Her guests were dwarfed, as from keel to stern, she rested at a sizable two-hundred and ten meters long. However it was more her appearance than anything else, it appeared to be a Vanquisher Class CASN hull merged with that of the more recognizable Takhisian dreadnought style.

The hull was as dark blue as the oceans themselves, and it was armed to the teeth and then some. A long boarding ramp had been extended and Fedra led the way as they came under the shadows of shadows, the massive batteries that would defend the Cay Tnykuh from all other would be threats.

At the ready near the hatch, more blade dancers and so on. That which served the Matriarch made a crazy Ivan maneuver and came to her left all of a sudden. There before them both, the Matriarch resided upon a throne of sorts. However there was an immediate difference in her before appearances, and the now.

There was no crown to shield her visage. She, like many of the older generation had a caramelized skin tone, almost a brown sugar complexion to it. Her hair was shaven on the sides of temples, but the rest collected about her shoulders, only allowing such a sight when she slid a hand through those locks of burgundy. Valis’s face was smooth, yet her eyes betrayed the ancient within that body. The knowledge and life span of two centuries and some odd years danced within the pools of paled red, irises of slim ebon. She bore no ink upon facial features, yet there were signs it existed elsewhere, teasing at the collarbone and so on. Much like other noblewomen, when she would stand, she would bear the highest order of the back plates. Platinum, woven and detailed to high order. For now however, she simply arose from said throne, bearing her figure in a sheen of multi-coloured silk and satins, and crossed the distance to Vereba.

Now I’ve a proper travelling companion, shall we alight and take our path to the oldest of our kin, our mentors and our teachers long since past?

Fedra had of course given a nod to the naval admiral on deck, and the Cay Tnykuh throbbed to life as multiple vector engines pushed her from the gantries and dock alike. The massive hangar opened to either side, it’s great doors rolling backwards to expose the newly made chariot of the Matriarch to the heavens and the so close seas. To the Asahi, they would go.

Despite Fedra’s occasional smirks, Vereba could tell she wasn’t making much headway in that regard. Oh well, she sighed. More pressing matters occupied her mind now, such as the behemoth afore and below them. Once inside, to her surprise, the hangar extended as much below the surface as above it, maybe even more. Despite the long way down, the Batory continued with her casual yet regal, ‘devil-may-care’ air. Nor did she turn up her nose at the industrial aesthetic of the hangar’s interior; this was a functional space, not an ornamental one. Besides, her attention was focused on the enormous vessel that she’d soon board. A deep blue, not the dark grey of the BIN. She thinned her lips a bit at the jurisdictional argument that she knew would come between the BIN and BISF, should they acquire these airships, over who should be placed in charge of them.

Upon laying eyes upon Valis’ own for the first time, the moroii’s widened, surprised at the lack of crown or concealment. The rest of the venerable Xukuthite ruler’s face and head looked quite a bit different than her Hyperborean counterpart had imagined it. She had only been able to guess at the other matriarch’s hair color, and had assumed it to be grey or white, when it was rather, an incredibly dark red. Perhaps dyed? But then, her face did not appear even as old as Vereba’s, which itself had aged well, so perhaps there was more at play here. Then again, despite looking different than the Batory had imagined, Valis appeared every bit as alluring. Always the priestess of lust was Vereba, despite her official retirement upon becoming Empress.

Vereba strode forward and took Valis’ arm in her own, and stood beside her. “Thank you for the invitation. I’m quite pleased to see you again, in some ways for the first time. Now… please do tell me of these mentors and teachers of yours…”

Valis smiled, a form of facial expression that bore a similar style to when she wore the crown at the gala concerning the combat of Aytep and Mierin. A turn of body, allowing her own form to mingle gently against that of her travelling companions, arm in arm, heading away from the bridge as she gave an order to Fedra in passing. Make our path to the Asahi kingdom my lovely, our vanguard should be already in motion. Her words carried forth and though they no longer seemed to echo about, the weight of them was enough to remind one whom was in command.

As they would exit the bridge and officers and enlisted alike would stand aside, two blade dancers did follow at a slower pace. These two were much different than others of their ilk. They bore a crimson mark down the front of their bosoms and in the trim of where augment and flesh met. After a time, and many minutes walking, they arrived at a destination.

A circular hatch swished open and a lavish interior awaited. A massive rounded bed, raised up nearly a quarter meter from the tiled flooring. Float lamps circled above it and while there was the usual commodities one might expect, there was also a great couch that spanned one side of the wall, with a holographic display of the outside showing. The skies above and the land or sea below.

Valis herself held up her free hand and gave a slight motion of fingers. Her guardians stayed outside while she and Vereba entered within, letting the door close once more. As she would dramatically position her companion down upon the couch, perhaps a playful smile showing, Valis made her way towards the well stocked, and kept bar. There she procured a singular bottle, dark as night, with no cover. A cap atop required a biometric release, and thus the scent of an ancient brew was released. She filled two snifter glasses with it, and used a small block of ice per glass to water down the effects. As she returned, she offered one to Vereba before settling down herself, right next to the other woman of power.

It is similar to absinthe if you require such knowledge. Brewed and fermented within the wombs of matron mothers about to pass on. Before they do, it is collected once more, purified and then bottled. A good vintage can bring great honor to house and line. So it is we shall drink of Kalla Hur’nai Masai of House Masai-Elemmiire.

Now my dear Vereba, you wished to know of our mentors mmm? She casually teased a right index finger against the other woman’s underside of chin before taking a small sip. When we left the lands of old, exiled by the progenitors, we were a savage race. Some might say we still are. Another sip, another tease, this time with lips so close to nearest ear.

In our travels we encountered the Asahi, the keepers of the Veil and all who would travel it’s paths to lands beyond and within it. They took us in, they taught us what we know now and how to further our dreams to shape our future as we have done. A slight tease of free hand against lower back of her companion as she spoke. Though we are not alone in this, Rhydin also shared in this, though to a lesser extent. The creatures of the sea saw their time coming and had made preparations. What relationship do the old Haru hold with our mentors, for a time we did not know.

She leaned in, this time laying head upon shoulder. The old Haru, are but human in appearance my dear Vereba, as we once were as well. While we and our shared nemesis are augmented over time via science and faith, the old Haru were never human to begin with. They are the first generation of the Asahi exiles, and we are those born of the Haru. So in a way, we are cousins to the Asahi of now, and in future generations, your line may also be apart of this because of Mierin.

She moved about a bit, coming to eventually rest her head upon Vereba’s lap, one leg mired in silks and satins sliding off of the couch, the other over the armrest. This will be a great moment in our shared history, perhaps some shadows shall be removed.

Though a part of her would have liked to enjoy the view as the great behemoth climbed aloft, rising out of the hangar, the Batory had little doubt that where Valis led would be more intriguing still. Her own small entourage, composed of Dragon’s Claw, naturally, followed behind her hostess’ blade dancers, at a distance that showed they were not particularly concerned for their mistress’ safety in this place; or, rather, that she herself wasn’t, as they acted according to her will.

For her part, Vereba enjoyed the closeness as she felt the fleeting contact of Valis’ hip against her own while they walked, before quite some time later arriving at a private chamber. A flick of hand indicated to the Dragon’s Claw that they should wait outside the door. They were there for show mostly, anyway. Where the Empress was, and where she was going, even a full field army would have difficulty extricating her should trouble arise. But then, she’d never been overly concerned with such. As it turned out, due to the advanced technology of the Xukuthites, the pair didn’t have to sacrifice the view for privacy after all; it was displayed for their pleasure within the chamber, granting a panoramic vista despite being, Vereba suspected, near the heart of the warship. She let herself be led and seated upon the couch, amused that it was usually herself in the role now taken by Valis. Eyes following the Xukuthite’s movements in the serving of spirits, the moroii gladly accepted the glass. It had a strong but not unpleasant scent. Upon being informed of the drink’s origins, she raised an eyebrow, but sipped all the same. “Kalla tastes nice…” Vereba said in passing. Idly, she thought on the idea of brewing such a beverage within herself… though it probably wouldn’t work, as she was not Xukuthite.

The other woman’s teasing elicited a slight smirk from the Batory’s pale lips, and a playful snap of teeth. Still, she listened attentively. “A savage race? Who would say such things?” she joked, facetiously. The former priestess laid a hand lightly upon her companion’s knee, listening further, nodding at the confirmation of the Asahi as masters of the esoteric arts.

Perhaps it was partly the drink, but the presence of Valis’ hand upon her lower back, which her dress left bare, made Vereba’s skin tingle, and she found her own hand sliding far up the Xukuthite’s thigh. Even as she enjoyed the heightened sensations, knowledge that the Rhydinian foe shared somewhat in the arcane knowledge of the Asahi gave her some trepidation. This was tempered, however, with the knowledge of the recent events and discoveries in her own lands, of arts thought lost.

It came as a surprise to her that the Haru were themselves originally exiles. “Valis, your people’s family tree grows ever more complicated” she joked, now running her fingers through the matriarch’s burgundy hair. “Do you know why the Haru left? On their own accord, or were they evicted?” Her husky voice had a sing-song quality to it in her idle wondering. “I do hope to learn some of the things that lay behind these shadows, certainly,” she mused. Inwardly, she giggled at the pun, since recently shadows had taken on a new importance in esoteric studies of her mistress of the Dragon’s Claw. Hopefully there would be no cause to reveal such on this trip, as things would have to go far awry for that to happen. Were the Asahi themselves exiles of some even older people? She wondered… so fraught with strife and bitter exodus were the histories of the peoples that her own had become entwined with. “Perhaps it is strange to you that my people remain in the area of our…. birth, I suppose you could say…”

Can an Xukuthite purr? Perhaps there was something akin to such from the head of the those lustful matron mothers wide over. Her free hand continued to ply a path along the bare back of Vereba, mainly a form of single (sometimes two!) finger massage of where plates like her own might be. A smile graced lips as she kept her languid sprawl however. Mmn..there are rumors, one being that the nest can only hold one child for so long. It would seem to fit, and certainly the Haru’s penchant for advancement and industrialization had to come from somewhere, but perhaps too much of it disrupted the natural order of their birthplace. It’s just a guess, but just as we and Rhydin are extremes of one another, perhaps so to is our progenitor.

She lifted head a moment and to the right to swallow another generous swig of Kalla before setting the glass down upon table nearest. I will say again, I am pleased you decided to come with me my dear. It delights me so. She was soon enamored or perhaps bored with her position to try a new one, let us not say that the Matriarch enjoys a varied lifestyle, but when one must govern all, there are few chances to truly let your guard down, and when you do, it usually holds the knife. Still, Vereba as ruthless as she might be, was not party to the Xukuthite politics of life and love.

Valis arose and worry not sweet companion, she did not go far, indeed she would return to that lap, although straddling it instead. Slender arms came to wash over shoulders as she eased in, fingertips teasing the nape of neck, lips but a hair’s breath away before she nursed a few moments of tongue against the base of neck, lightly grazing with teeth before she spoke some more.

There is one more rumor, that I must speak of. The old Haru, are dying, apparently. You wouldn’t know it by the numbers they possess, but of the old line, one by one it seems. She paused some. Perhaps they come to plead for an infusion, since it has been hundreds of generations since they left that nest. A bit of a massage of featherlight fingertips to nape and working their way downwards to upper shoulders. If the latter is true, it could mean a different face to one we’ve known for so long, they may be again, beasts.

The Batory sipped the strange but enticing drink, before putting it down once again to continue her caresses. “There is always the possibility of remodeling and expanding the nest, as my clan has usually done…” she joked, but nodded all the same. “I’m guessing that the ancestors of the Haru were in no position to do so, however…”

As Valis stood, Vereba’s fingers lingered on the other woman’s thigh, pulling away ever so reluctantly. The slender fingers greedily resumed contact as the Xukuthite now straddled lap, tracing their way to hips. “Dying, you say?” The moroii pondered this, letting out an “mmmm” as she felt Valis’ tongue and teeth, and then fingers, upon her skin.

“Have they finally poisoned themselves too thoroughly?” she asked, referencing the Haru’s obsession and affliction with industry. Her own left hand traveled along a slow path around to the rear of her traveling companion’s hips, just where the small of the back became derriere. The thumb of her other hand, with its filigreed tattooing, teased dangerously close to certain other regions, from her hand’s place upon the hip of Valis. “Or is it some sort of weakening of their blood brought on by time and distance away from their progenitors, do you think?”

She closed her eyes for a moment, enjoying the sensations. “Beasts? Surely that’s what the Rhydinians call us in their inexplicable hatred of our kinds.”

This is true my dear, the Rhydinians do say some rather unkind things about your people. She sighed a moment but it wasn't anything concerning duress. A faint smirk played upon lips stained in the center of both top and bottom to match hair. Burgundy and dark rose left soft imprints where they landed as she may have gyrated hips a bit provocatively now and then to certain teasing hands.

Mmm I made the correct choice indeed. I thought for a moment that youngster might be fun but I'm sure his wife would disapprove. Slow arch of back, as Valid leaned up a bit. You may be right, just as they sealed themselves away from the rest of us, we have not seen them in my lifetime ever visit with our veil-kin. Perhaps such haughty ways have caught up.

Valis slithered up and teasingly at that, moving from the couch towards the bed. As she did so the outfit she wore fell away so as to pool aways her ankles. Platinum plates glistening in the light, runic inking done between and about showcased a tree and it's roots, though each root was scaled as if if a viper. A slow stretch, slight gleam of arm bands in the light of the float lamps as she assumed a languid pose upon satin and made curl of right index finger towards Vereba.

Into my parlor said the spider to the fly. Grin of decadent nature appearing.

Outside in the hallway, waiting ever patiently, the two crimson blade dancers observed their counterparts. Enhanced eyes assessed. This would be either sides’ first exposure. Elite of the elite, the Matriarch’s hand picked chosen.

Unlike their Xukuthite peers, the escorting Dragon’s Claw were not uniform in appearance. More than likely, they were from different areas of the Batory Empire. One was small, likely a moroii, grey hood drawn up, casting shadow over her pale face. Like her taller colleague, she leaned casually against the wall, apparently giving no thought to formality. The other was tall and looked equally confident, if a bit less… cocky. He did not have his hood up, exposing a clean shaven pate. He looked around, occasionally seeming lost in thought, while the short moroii woman observed the blade dancers.

Within, Vereba grinned at the movement of Valis’ hips. “Why the Rhydinians harbor such animosity for us, I’ve never quite understood… perhaps it is envy,” she joked, sticking out her long tongue for a moment. Cocking her head playfully, she switched subjects. “Would this youngster’s wife really have disapproved? You are the matriarch, after all.” At least in Sarkanotthon, Vereba was relatively free to disregard marital status in her intimate overtures; while many things had changed over her lifetime in the Empire, at least in the capital city, sharing the bed of the Empress was still considered an honor. With a mischievous smile, she added “Perhaps his wife would be more chagrined at the lack of invitation for her to join in, no?”

At first feeling empty due to the loss of contact with her companion, Vereba smiled upon seeing what then transpired, and had to stop herself from getting up too quickly to follow, which she did with a swaying gait. “Or like spider to pholcid…” the Batory joked, referencing the delicate-looking cellar spiders that fed on other arachnids. As she stood gazing down at the naked Xukuthite, with both a lascivious and artistic eye, she unhooked various hidden clasps of her own dress, which fell off in a motion somewhere between sliding and unraveling. Intricate markings, with incredibly fine lines, though almost exclusively in black, covered her own body. Without the dress, nothing was hidden, as the Empress eschewed the use of undergarments. Quite a bit of metal glinted from between her legs, partly obscured by soft hair, and from the dark centers of her bosom that had once fed her many children. The main evidence of her age were the subtle freckles upon her cheeks and near nape of neck, and upon forearms. Otherwise, it was clear that despite her reputation as a hedonist, she trained with regularity and dedication.

Smoothing a stray lock of her iron grey hair from her face, the moroii gracefully set down upon the bed, crawling in a way more like climbing towards where Valis lay. Upon contact, she made a long, slow kiss that was more like a lick, from center of chest all the way past nape of neck to just under chin.

Even so, her mind pondered the affairs of state even as she pursued the affairs of flesh. She had talked with Mierin extensively upon the latter’s completion of rituals in Xukuth, especially concerning the veiled realm. With recent events in Hyperborea, she considered that perhaps beyond the veil was akin to these rediscovered sorcerous realms that some of the more skilled with the rekindled arts had been able to access. Her own training had, alas, been slow, for which she blamed her age in part, but the possibilities were tantalizing. “As much as I look forward to learning more of the veil-kin once we arrive, it seems we’ve found plenty to amuse ourselves with on the way…”

Indeed, you’ve a graceful appendage it would seem. A lustful coo did erupt as she was teased so, and than allowed her right leg to slowly rise up and slide against hip nearest, foot curled and teased lower back and then some as inching towards an entanglement.

Valis may well have been enjoying herself, why wouldn’t she be? However, she too was thinking of the far future and those close as well. Her rule continued for now, and perhaps a few years yet to go. As rear ground into the satin sheets, the arch of back thrust bare bosom upwards as mouth found areas to tease, she responded in kind. The kin of the deep blue have never had much of a reason to despise others my dear, and now that we are becoming one, it’s only intensified their dislike of us both. I fear they shall never broker a peace with us, and you may well come to share our would be endless war with them.

Hands arose to gently tease the piercing as they were, offhandedly remarking about the roles that others might have. Mm, I believe that when I thought of the young warrior to be, perhaps I saw the mother’s he’s made of Mierin, all Matrons deserve to keep hold of their treasures for a time. Perhaps on another invite, I’ll make an advance to both.

All of this said while she enjoyed and responded in kind as the passion of the moment became a beating, throbbing, heart all it’s own. The room itself echoed with their debauchery, but it did not escape from it. Thus her guardian’s and those that served her companion Vereba, would not hear of it either.

The female version of the pair of blade dancers bore a set of three stripes inked into the flesh of right cheek. When addressed, she was identified as BD-00, or “ Boo “, and the other, the male was GE-0E, “ Gee “. Both had served the Matriarch for decades, enhanced, augmented, and tuned to be weapons. They had no other existence now, and they appeared as predatory as their mistress.

Boo for example wore the standard blade dancer attire, consisting of a one piece bodysuit that stretched oh so tightly against lithe frame. Atop it was a similarly taunt attire but composed of an alloy metal nearly four times the resistance of steel with a third of the weight. It was of an ivory hue, with the crimson edging. The blade as they were named for, sheathed upon her right, though she carried other things as well. Smaller blades, anti-personnel devices, gadgets etc. This arrangement was also mimicked on Gee, though in his case, he bore two blades of thinner and slightly less in length then that of the one borne by Boo.

Their heels clicked against the flooring of the airship as eyes protected by a thin lense across each offered no sight of their depths. One way. Boo of course yearned to test herself against these Dragons Claw, their kind had begun to be seen, if only in Hiendor territory.

So she spoke first. What are your augs? With Gee now also asking. Chemical or material upgrade?

Raising an eyebrow, the female Dragon’s Claw stayed silent for an uncomfortable amount of time and then said “Mental and spiritual.” Her posture changed little if at all. Even with hood drawn, a half-smile could be seen. The cloak hung open, revealing clothing underneath to be just as dingy and stained as it was, and also in various shades of faded grey. While vaguely military-looking, it matched no known uniform and was fairly nondescript, notable only for the various pockets. No weapons could be immediately seen, but they were there, somewhere.

At this, her male colleague chuckled a bit. His eyes were hidden behind what appeared to be circular sunglasses even darker than his skin, although they probably did not dim the lighting, but were for concealment. His clothing was mostly brownish, though some had likely once been black, and similarly utilitarian. A large caliber pistol hung in a holster, though a few pockets along his wide belt looked full, of either ammunition or explosives. Despite his size, when he moved, there was no sound. “Witty, but I bet now they’re more curious and want a demonstration,” he said to his colleague; a bit of snark despite the appearance of her outranking him.

The conversation within now took place between gasps and moans. One such was from Vereba, some of her body jewelry toyed with by her Xukuthite companion. “Alas, about the Rhydinians and their unending hatred for us,” she said before applying mouth to sensitive skin. It seemed that the truce that had been brokered just before Karthay between Xukuthite and Rhydinian had been a very rare event. Hands caressed sides and thighs, moving closer to the treats between.

The idea that Valis had considered taking Aytep along as companion and lover for this trip surprised but also excited the moroii. “Oh, yes, I see how that might have been a bit soon,” she said, smiling wickedly. “I’m sure they’d both love to share your company next time… in fact I imagine my granddaughter is already quite envious of me,” she added, nimble fingers finding the warm place they sought.

Warm and with a certain amount of dampness, the spot so chosen by fingertips had a thin line of hair, like a fauxhawk you might say. There were no piercings but instead there was a series of micro plates on either side, as if creating an ornamental approach vector. As tips of fingers caressed, a bit of a moan escaped the much older woman. Though this initial sound of pleasure carried no words, such would eventually form as Valis squeezed her own fingertips upon metal trinkets attached to Vereba’s bosom. Slight tugs and or pulls as she dragged the other down more so atop her.

Perhaps, although I shall have to maintain my eyes upon your granddaughter, she represents a growth in Hiendor power, and ascension to even further domains. The dynasty that is, and what it shall become. Many are distrustful, at least those of whom lost to Mierin. She purred a moment of lust to continue. As for the Rhydinians, it is the dynasty they fear, and the growth of the Imperial domain. No longer do they have just us to worry over, but the future of either of our empires becoming a truly unstoppable force.

Beyond the decadent vacation spot for the two powerful figures, the radically different protection services were toying with one another. Boo for example spoke towards the male of the Dragon Claw. You are roughly two meters in height, and one-hundred-thirteen kilograms in weight, counting for your various weaponry and accessories carried. With the suit as I wear and am, as one, I can lift with my left hand, four-hundred-twenty-two kilograms of mass. And should I wish to do so, I could fling such mass, sixteen meters at no less than eighty kilometers an hour, thereby ensuring your total destruction.

Her monotone voice continued. Our augmentation is fine tuned with genetic engineering, material upgrades including carbon fiber muscle covering, kevlar embedding, and chemical dosage to increase muscle mass, enhanced reflexes, and endurance.

She gestured at Gee to her immediate left. He for example can use either of his blades to cut through one-hundred-one millimeters of feracrete, or two-hundred-three millimeters of standardized steel. He has been known to pluck opponents up and literally rip them apart.

Boo was not frightened of the Dragon’s Claw, nor bothered by their presence. They may have been the terror in the night in the Batory Empire, but they would meet fierce resistance in the Shadow Wars that had always been and always would be in the Imperial Domain. She eyed the female now and then spoke. Test us, and it may be the last time you have your hands. A slight pause again as she considered an finish to her words.Though if the wife of the Hiendor Prince is any indication, it would be a glorious moment.

She stepped back, but only slightly while Gee simply looked on. There was an old saying in the Imperial Domain. Men could wield the sword, but women were the edge of the sword.

The larger of the two Dragon’s Claw only smiled, white teeth contrasting with his dark skin. “Maybe, if you got to me” was all he said. While not dismissive of the possibility, he appeared unconcerned. Nothing about him betrayed any signs of nervousness. Many assumed him to be an unsophisticated brawler, recruited for raw strength and fighting prowess, but nothing could be further from the truth. More than one opponent had counted on a close-in fight only to find themselves on fire or even vaporized.

During the time of Boo’s listing of her actually rather impressive enhancements and capabilities, certainly nothing to be sneezed at, the smaller of the Hyperboreans had not moved… but ever so gradually, her appearance had changed, form becoming indistinct, blurred, and despite the illumination, enshrouded in shadow, almost as if she was phasing out of existence. When she finally spoke, it was as if her voice was coming from where she was yet from far away. “My laconic and insubordinate friend means no disrespect, but has a point that first you’d have to lay hold of him, which is easier said than done… especially with me around… and besides… he’s survived falls with more force than that.” These were no raw recruits, not that there were many such in the Dragon’s Claw. Only those up to their closely guarded standards were invited into their ranks, and from there, only the best had the privilege of safeguarding the Empress herself. She seemed to further blend with the shadows, voice becoming even less centered. “Mierin has always been an attentive pupil, it’s true. I’m quite proud.” She snapped back into… normal reality, with a smile. But was she at the same spot she’d been? “I suppose since we’re on the same side and our mistresses will want us cooperating, I ought to introduce myself. I am known professionally as Left Fang. This,” she gestured to her male colleague. “Is Uqmar.”

He waved and grinned. The effect was disconcerting in its incongruity.

Inside, as Valis pulled, Vereba let out a long sigh of pleasure. Her fingers delved within gingerly, luxuriating in the surprising textures. “Oooh, I didn’t know about these…” she said, teasingly. “I hope to win over the Masai Kyorl eventually,” the Empress spoke of some of her granddaughter’s chief rivals. “Though if that proves impossible, they may have to be destroyed.” Such was the brutal way of the Batory clan. There currently numbered eighteen major clans of moroii in Hyperborea. There had been more, once. Gone were most of those who had attempted to defeat the Batorys. “Those who lost mistrust us? How best could we allay their fears?”

Probing further, her fingers curled, and thumb gently massaged that particular epicenter of sensation, as thighs entwined. “The Rhydinians can fear if they want… though it does sound like they will be a persistent problem. As if I had any ill will towards them before they threatened to shoot me. So rude.” Kisses planted upwards until her head rested upon Valis’ shoulder, fangs just slightly scratching the surface. “May I?”

Of course..Valis referenced the hint of blood play, that was as normal for the Batory woman as it was for her, albeit for a different reason perhaps. As she relaxed into the pleasurable throes that surged as lightening throughout her body, a hip spasm there, a quiver of thigh there, a slight uptake in breath now and then as they became entangled in one another. Those adorned lips found places here and there, teeth grazing as she did so, nails digging in along shoulders as they had risen from the placement of satin. The talon like rings so adorning the right and left index fingers made suitable, if life slices through flesh.

Mmm...yes, well, I doubt you will win over the Kyorl, but perhaps the Elemmiire shall pursue your interests next. They are rather blossoming to the idea of new relations. She purred a bit at the hint of violence within the Imperial domain, though she responded as she must. If they must be destroyed, they must, but in order to keep the balance, a new house would have to be made, and a minor accepted into the realm of an old one. That is the way within the domain my dear.

Beyond the sound dampening doorway, the pairs of each side continued their face time. Boo was about to be abrupt, but then a hand fell upon her shoulder. Gee spoke then. She is upset that she was not sent to hunt traitors or demons. However, the will of the Matriarch is our order, and thus we are here. She means nothing offensive, it’s just how my batch sister is.

She huffed at his touch and his words. Gee, you’re not supposed to talk abou...where are you going?

A slow roll of shoulders, casual glance towards the others and then stepped around Boo and headed down the hallway. We are free while they speak of things that do not concern us, me, I’m hungry. He headed out and down the length of corridor as letting it all flow away, any concern for the others or his need to stand outside a door neither of them could open.

A few words exchanged rapidly in a language shared by the two Dragon’s Claw and few outside the upper echelons of the Batory Empire, followed by a nod from Uqmar, and Left Fang set off to accompany the two Xukuthite counterparts, while the taller of the Hyperboreans remained behind, a casual but menacing presence at the door to the chamber. While normally this would be considered very light guard for the Empress, their mistress had made it clear that they were not to appear distrustful of the Xukuthites, and that part of this trip was the gathering of information that would ease the eventual integration of the two courts. To that end, learning about those who performed the same role for the Matriarch of Renor Xukuth was valuable. As well, the blade dancers didn’t seem particularly concerned… the imperial chambers logically would be the most difficult to breach portion of this entire vessel. And what only she and Uqmar knew was how quickly the moroii could be back if duty called. While unlike herself, the man had not found himself the recipient of a “blessing” caused by their divine patron’s entry into this world, he could easily hold out long enough. She felt a bit sorry for him… after all, she’d enjoy the banter of the Blade Dancers while he’d be stuck guarding a doorway while their charge enjoyed herself within, but then, this was the part of a Dragon’s Claw’s life that wasn’t so glamorous.

Striding alongside Boo, the moroii spoke. “Batch sister? Is that what you’re not supposed to talk about?” She arched a fine black eyebrow. “Are you grown, rather than birthed, then?” Roka asked further. Perhaps that would explain the Blade Dancers’ physical augmentations, and their bafflement at the lack thereof evident in the Dragon’s Claw. She sensed that they might not be eager to discuss such things, so she sought to put them at ease by divulging more about herself first. “If you worry about sensitive information getting out, I answer only to Empress Vereba herself. While I won’t yet bore you with the details of my organization’s rank structure, you can be assured that I am no new recruit fresh out of training. Few within can speak to me as peers.” True enough… though what she did not say was that those who did so could only because she humored them. The blade dancers would doubtless eventually learn her true rank, but there was no reason to divulge it immediately.

Meanwhile, in front of the doorway, Uqmar did not so much relax as allow his mind to settle into a light meditation. Fortunately the door dampened the sound from within so that this was not broken by the moans, gasps, and cries that surely came from within. He had guarded the Batory clan’s matriarch many times, on all kinds of occasions, and thus knew that she was not at all quiet during such activities as the two no doubt were enjoying. While briefly pitying the Xukuthite Matriarch’s staff who would have to clean up, he dismissed this thought as it was certain that the servants of Valis herself possessed the utmost discretion and professionalism and were well acclimated to the aspect of their duties that might give pause to the more squeamish. He did wonder, though, about the future, given that unlike his own mistress, Valis did not enjoy the same monopoly on his profession as did the rulers of Hyperborea. His meditation seeming to heighten his senses, he could feel the vibration of the ship itself through his feet, a quiet but steady rumble. The vessel was much faster than its great bulk would lend one to believe.

Within, after what seemed an eternity of the very noises that the door did so well at preventing from reaching outside ears, the only sounds were heavy breathing, perhaps panting even, the two matriarchs remaining entwined amidst their commingled fluids. Eventually, betwixt light caresses and nuzzles, Vereba spoke. “It is a pity that the Kyorl resist our future rather than embracing it. If not for their stubbornness, they could eventually stand to benefit as well.” Her fingers traced lines through the drying blood on Valis’ warm skin. “I’m encouraged that the Elemmiire are open to reason, however. Perhaps if they prosper, other houses may warm up to the idea of cooperation with us as well.” The moroii playfully nibbled at her companion’s ear.

Gee made a slight tick of head some, noting that his sister Boo had gone silent on the query, she, unlike him, was more reserved for such things. Despite the nature of the one whom asked, and of the secrets she undoubtedly had come to possess, serving her Empress after all.

He made a splay of armored hand, the talon like fingers, each tipped as such, spreading apart as his body language remained the same, languid. My sister and I were once of Tyanus Elemmiire stock, a house that no longer exists you see, Knife of the Batory. For the better part of a century and a half since our house fell, we have served the Matriarch. He paused some before they would enter an empty eatery area. Do you think that we would last such a length in this profession being without something extra? To answer your earlier query..

Again he paused, head cant, gaze coming upon the woman behind him some as he was half in the light of the eatery, and half in the shadow of the corridor. Those who were born from flesh have been added to, those who carry our mark further, there was no flesh to grow them, so they are made. In that way, do we share something with the Makos.

Eventually his path would continue and into the area of consumption, finding the right setting after a few moments, tapping at the menu screen next to a panel. The processors behind the wall would make said request, and it was but a small cube that arrived. Ration bar by it’s appearance, with a bit of sauce. As he fell into a seat, he continued while Boo made a face at him for his selection and chose something a bit more resembling food. We are more like our hated enemies than any other within the imperial domain. Perhaps this is why we feel kinship in our hunts, and we are alone within the domain. Destined to live, die, and be reborn into constant service, so long as Valis lives, anyways. Should another take her place, we shall see if we will finally be allowed to die.

A small bite, the sauce seeming to help or perhaps flavor whatever the ration bar was supposed to be. What of you Knife of Batory, if your Empress passes, will you fade away, or shall the next one employ you as well? He made the question as coming to terms with his food choice.

Beyond the eatery, the corridors dark, and the Matriarch’s quarters, aboard the bridge of the vast airship that carried such important and life supporting cargo, Jallil d'l'Aeros (nearly literally translating to Lady of the Air) Kiznak Elemmiire commanded the Cay Tnykuh, with the secondary officer Fedra, at the ready for any order. Kiznak appeared very much like the Elemmiire clan, having the slate grey hair, sea-water green eyes, and the sun kissed flesh as the Elemmiire themselves were a seafaring tribe that inhabited many of the Imperial colonies and ports of call. Her new position while daunting, would only further her house’s growth. Even now her tribe worked on many similar vessels, while few the size of the Cay Tnykuh, they would become in their own right, the first vanguard of the Xukuthite way of life.

Hands slowly crept behind her back, towards the base of spine while she observed the crew about their duties. Fedra had somehow snuck up upon her and spoke, which had nearly given Kiznak a heart attack. She’d punish her second somehow. Oh yes! Fedra smirked at the other woman, though gave a serious tone to her voice. My Lady, we will soon be exiting the high speed air route as mentioned by the Takhisian’s. In an hour, we should be within range of Asahi communications.

Kiznak nodded and strolled over towards a communication terminal. Making sure she was proper, she keyed in the matriarch’s personal receiver. Mistress, we shall soon be at the Kingdom’s feet. Within the hour we shall be transmitting our docking invitation code.Valis appeared, a light sheen of sweat perhaps upon her brow, and bit of blood here and there. A gracious smile however was seen, and the matriarch that was gave a bit of a coo to that of Kiznak of whom’s title also equalled it to the navy ranking of Admiral. My dear Kiznak, I thank you for notifying me. Before we dock, announce such to me again so that I may be ready. Also my dear, you have served brilliantly, you may relax after we arrive. The screen faded to black soon after.

My dear Vereba, seems we shall soon be within the kingdom. Such delights we shall have, and yet, the danger shall be as a fine tipped blade. It shall be the most fun I’ve had in a long such while. Valis was quite content, the language of her body that she expressed said as much while a faint stretch of form happened. It was time to get ready..

It's not that we do not love you as a people, we love how your people taste, how they bleed. It's just that you are not our equals and never will be.

Renor Xukuth
Envoy

Founded: Oct 03, 2007
Father Knows Best State

Postby Renor Xukuth » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:06 pm

(part two of co-ab entry post)

As the screen faded to black, Valis commented to Vereba. So many young women like her, not even married yet. It’s of some concern to many, the careers coming first before the age of birthing. It may explain the low yielding crops for the last century. Casual topic in the case of Valis or at least when she spoke of such. Shall we my dear? The door to the chamber suddenly opening, allowing them a vision of the guard who’d remained behind. Valis noted the others not present. Do be a dear and escort us to the bridge, she intoned to that which served Vereba.

Fedra smiled. Congrats M’lady, you’ve been blessed by our Mistress most profoundly. Spoken towards a somewhat shaking and yet totally smiling and happy as a clam in the ocean, Kiznak.

Having closely studied the movements of the two Blade Dancers, Roka entered that which to the best of her memory had been the sequence that Boo had put in, resulting in about the same meal that the Xukuthite had acquired. She then joined her two counterparts. Taking a few bites first, she considered the question, looking up as if doing math in her head. “That’s really more of a when than an if, as Ithtyr will eventually take us all,” the moroii began. “Should my mistress rule until a natural death, I would by that time be old, but still fit for the field, I think. I would serve her successor, Ilona, if I’m still alive at that point.” She gave a sort of sad smile. “Dragon’s Claw members often die before our time, in service to our mistress. By the time Mierin comes to the throne, if I’ve somehow survived, I will be very old, and probably training new Dragon’s Claw rather than serving in the field.”

While the end result was not unlike her own organization, the manner of making Blade Dancers seemed to be wholly different, assigned from birth. Although her own organization was known to take in orphans to start training as early as possible, due to the less uniform… recruitment, Dragon’s Claw were far less standardized in their talents and abilities, it would seem. Not to mention their appearance. “I’m fortunate; my clan is doing well,” the assassin said. “But we have served the Batory Empire for centuries upon centuries. We were among the first Dragon’s Claw.” The very first, in fact. “Our knives were made out of stone and bone then. I’m sorry to hear that your clan is no more.”

As if a thought came suddenly, she cocked her head. “How is Valis as a mistress?” Even those in the highest circles of the Empire were interested in gossip at times, it seemed.

Within the Matriarch’s chambers, Vereba stretched, wondering if she was visible behind her lover on the communication screen with the bridge. Not that it mattered to a retired priestess of Ithtyr, after all, if anything, it was amusing. Sitting up, she stretched again, a smile coming to her face, as she was sore, but in all the most delicious ways. Getting up, her hand caressed the hip and derriere of her hostess as she made her way to the water closet. Washing up, the moroii only bothered washing her face, mainly the blood. The rest of her body she left as it was, the idea of leaving evidence of their mutual pleasures and passions beneath when she dressed delighting the Batory with its wickedness. Stepping into the bedchamber again, she wrapped her arms around the Xukuthite’s hips, letting fingers trail below, teasing her neck with kisses. “How time flies,” Vereba murmured, leaving the embrace to pick up her dress, deftly smoothing out wrinkles as she donned it once more, searching around a minute before she located her boots. “Do you mind if I smoke?” she asked, withdrawing from somewhere within the dress another of those odd rolls of what was clearly not tobacco but other substances.

Do as you wish my dear, the vents will carry the particles of your smoke through the recycler. Such is the fate of being aboard one of the Sistership vessels. A languid motion of hand followed suit as eventually Valis herself arose. She slid within the circular chamber that emerged from one section of the wall as her formerly languid waving hand, came to caress unseen buttons upon the wall nearest.

A humming sound carried upon the wavelengths that few could actually hear, save maybe animals. Within the chamber, sonic waves cascaded against the ancient’s flesh, devouring the dead flesh and aftermath of the long moments spent with Vereba. When she emerged again, she was radiant, shined to a near polish. A few moments spent adjusting hair, as slipping into a more formal gown.

It shimmered just right in the light, and was of the strapless variety, or so it would seem, until one would look closer. Tiny strands of near invisible wire connecting to the top most spine plate. Her back otherwise exposed, the platinum plates glistening and one could now see the runes upon them. Gauntlets one might call them were upon each hand, secured about the wrist, platinum talons covering fingers as Valis put the finishing touches upon her attire. Mmm..it’s about time to summon our guardians, and make our way to the bridge. I have a feeling that the path of summer is about to open before us.

At just that moment Kiznak’s face appeared upon the monitor. Of this intrusion I do ask a pardon My Matriarch, but we have received the clearance codes for docking from the Kingdom, and are about to land at said coordinates. The officer’s face was nervous but also possessing the spine of duty, of which is a reason she’d been chosen. Valis smiled, and taloned fingertips clicked a bit. Worry not my dear, of this news I did desire. We shall be upon the bridge in a few moments, alert my guards of such.

Boo’s dinner was of seaweed noodles, and various other products that came from a colonial holding. Seasoned with salt, and a sauce that would be just a bit more bitter then perhaps soy sauce. It came in a box like container, with two other sides. Shrimp meat patties, and in the other portion, small cubes of kelp.

Gee thought of the question about serving the Matriarch. She is as old as some of the houses that served, connected to the will and the wishes of the people. Serving her interests, has both been fascinating and terrifying, even for those of us who are largely considered to be form of immortal given the process in which sustains us.

That being said, she is an excellent Domina. She understands the blade must be sheathed at times, and when to wield it. What we excel at, and what we would be poorly suited for. We could not ask for a better, although, if she were to pass on, the Hiendor Duchess would probably be the next best thing. He paused a moment. I have seen that House’s dancers, they are quite formidable.

He was about to go into a bit of depth when a faded green light appeared within his visored eyes. He rose slowly, leaving the food that was left where it was. Another story, for another time. Our mistresses demand of us.

Boo was already up and on her way, Gee behind and doubtless the Knife of Batory behind him. It wouldn’t take long for them to reacquire their charges, however it would be at the bridge at this point. Gee and Boo both offered slight bows of head as they came close to the pair, noting the descent of the Cay Tnykuh into the docking port of Asahi.

It was utterly massive. And it was not of Asahi make, though it had their ornamental exteriors and probably interior preferences. If he was not mistaken, it was a near, identical copy of the Citadel of Coin, a NorTak floating docking ring. It was shaped like an enormous castle tower within it’s center, and every hundred meters or so, a ring encircled it, there were four rings. Each ring bore at best guess, probably a dozen docking areas, repair facilities, traffic stations, and so on. On average, a citadel usually held a complement of around fourteen to sixteen thousand NorTak troops, and at the very least, two vanguard airship fleets for defense.

He’d doubt the kingdom was defenseless, so he figured that such was retained, given that the Kingdom was known to have extensive trading rights with Osea-Yuktobania, Nocticula, both Takhisian provisional governments, and others that benefited from this sort of thing.

As they descended into the great maw of their own docking area, he noted a Bremie airship. The isolationists had emerged it would seem.

With a flurry of fingertips, Vereba lit and inhaled, then slowly exhaling a smoke that was stickier and less acrid than that of tobacco, likely containing cannabis and a few other things. She stood, apparently not at all short of breath, despite the smoke, her dress flowing around her as if made of liquid, thin enough for glimpses of what lay below. She tried not to look too fascinated by the technology within her hostess’ chambers, but in truth she was quite interested. Quite a bit more advanced than her lodgings within the Hearth, despite the palatial luxury of the latter. Despite being called the “new capitol” within the Batory clan, the building was old, and it seemed that much to her chagrin, Vereba had let it fall behind the technological times, and needed to embark on another renovation. As Valis adjusted her hair and so forth, her guest did likewise, quickly re-tying the elaborate, tall pony tail that had been her preferred style since coronation.

Thankfully, she was soon distracted from her thoughts on vexing household matters by the nude form of her Xukuthite companion, freshly cleaned and gleaming. The image of Valis gracefully donning her shimmering garment. Like Vereba herself, the matriarch clearly had very good tailors.

As they stepped out, the moroii nodded at her hostess’s musings. “My kind are fortunate, we stay fertile for many years, with little ill effects to later procreation.” Indeed, her own ability to birth young had only ended in the last decade. “Those of us in the military at a young age, which is most of us, take leave once off active duty in order to bear children, until a child is weaned. Many choose to leave the young in the care of their mates after weaning, while they return to assignment. I chose to have my children after I left the army to become a priestess, though, as then I would not have to travel away from them so much, even if I knew my males would do a fine job taking care of things in my absence.”

Upon the instruction from the Xukuthite matriarch, Uqmar silently fell into position escorting the pair, pressing an unseen button to alert his colleague. Without even trying to be, the dark form of the tall Dragon’s Claw cut an imposing figure, silent menace.

Meanwhile, Roka listened to her Xukuthite counterpart’s answer, noting several pieces of information that such revealed. It was no surprise that, like the Dragon’s Claw, Gee had witnessed terrible things yet also profound moments. Some things intrigued her. What was this process? She had an idea of what immortal meant, but wasn’t sure whether to be intrigued or unsettled. Of course, she already knew, and disapproved of each house having its own corps of assassins. While not showing it, on the inside she shuddered at the idea of every moroii clan having their own version of the Dragon’s Claw. The membership would have to be much increased against the dangers that all the various Xukuthite clans having their own dancers. Perhaps some of Hiendor’s could be trained into the Dragon’s Claw as well.

As the alert came to rejoin their charges, Roka quickly wolfed down the rest of her food and was up. While tempted to slip into shadow in order to traverse more quickly, she resisted the urge. Use of the gift was unnecessary in this circumstance, as the situation wasn’t urgent. She walked quickly but silently, catching up and falling in line. The Hyperboreans noted their surroundings as the massive Xukuthite airship docked. It seemed that their hosts were well supplied with Takhisian technology and building know-how. The fact that Asahi enjoyed the patronage of Takhisians did not diminish the impressive vista before them.

It's not that we do not love you as a people, we love how your people taste, how they bleed. It's just that you are not our equals and never will be.

Muroidea
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Muroidea » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:45 am

Muroidean Diplomatic Airship Hadron
Commanded by, Air Marshal Siltra Anan

Just as the Xukuthites made their appearance in a massive airship, one that Air Marshal Anan simply fell back into his command chair, a worried sigh falling from his maw for a second as he traded looks with his second, Admiral Gowen. What in the hell, when did they make something like that? Muroidean Intelligence had no word on this development, so the shock of seeing it at the same docking point was near heart attack inducing.

For the most part, Muroideans whole bodies are covered in fine, dense, short fur. Their color can range from pitch black, tawny brown, auburn, snowy white, and much in between. They have exceptional dexterity which has enabled them to be adept tinkerers and craftsmen. The most notable physical feature of rodentus are their two (four for rabbits) top front teeth, or incisors, which continue to grow throughout their lifetime. They must chew on wood or soft metals to keep their constantly growing incisors from becoming too long to be functional. If this happens, they eventually become incapable of eating and must have them specially trimmed or they will starve.

In the early days, before the age of industrialization, Muroideans were not capable of wearing standardized boots. The average foot was too long and ungainly to make standard boots for or to buy from other races. Most wore foot wraps made from leather or cloth, though many preferred to not do so as well. The race of Anan's people seemed to change though after the great industrial rise. For one, they lost the long feet of their predecessors, and though many families and towns retained the communal living styles, the new age brought a time of separation for the modern Muroidean. This is considered the 7th Age, and it's in this time that the airship and military might of Muroidea has come to fruition and knowledge by others.

Air Marshal Anan was of an average build, his short fur of the tawny brown variety and he was missing a few teeth on the right side. He was also middle aged, approaching twenty-eight years old. The average lifespan for a Muroidean topped out at about sixty or so. Gowen on the other hand was of a mountain tribe, and had the auburn fur tone. Pait who also of an admiralty rank, and part of the diplomatic presentation, was of the seafarer kin. His fur was a motley mix of black, and brown.

The sleek and smooth for the most part, that wasn't outfitted with cannon anyways, Ardent class battle cruiser slid upon the waves of the wind with majestic glory. The banners of the Muroidean Imperial Fleet hung unfurled from the Muroidean diplomatic airship Hadron, to strike the fierce wind from their positions. Emblems of the imperial diplomatic corps served upon the hulls of the airship, each carried the hopes and dreams of the tiny nation of Muroidea, and the determination to prove that it to had the right to sail the skies so vast.

The vessel was atypical of Muroidean, which in comparison to their Takhisian, Osean, and other counterparts, have little armor protection, especially in their mid-section. The ragnite reactor unit situated in the midsection adds to their vulnerability in combat. Though less armored, these ships have an edge in terms of speed and maneuverability. In terms of firepower, their underside cannons have a high rate of fire that can sustain a continuous barrage of cannon fire to an enemy vessel.

The docking code cleared and the Hadron made it's docking arrival nearby the Xukuthite monstrosity. There was a shudder throughout the ship as the docking arms and umbilicals connected. With the reactor to minimum, the vector thrusts ended and another few buckles to the deck plates before Anan arose and adjusted his uniform. He motioned to Gowen, and the other officer, Vice-Admiral Pait. Both were career members of the diplomatic corps. Such a mission as this, while high stakes, was well within their skill set he believed.

As the three passed by sailors and eventually down a boarding ramp to the representative of the dockyard, his mind was on the damn crow that had landed on the desk of the viceroy and head of the imperial diplomatic corps ministry. From the stories and rumors, the crow had turn to stone, and then dust, and then nothing. Disappearing as quickly as it had appeared. It all reeked of veil sorcery, damn warlocks of old. The myths were coming alive though. First the crows, then the cultists to the far south, rumors of an old one's key being raised. What in the devil was going on in this world.

As he nodded politely, allowing Gowen to introduce them to the representative of the dockyard and then being led to the main gathering area, where others were also arriving, he was deep in thought. If anyone had an answer for this, it had to the Asahi. The kingdom was well versed in the strange. He decided that, and lost his daydreaming look to become more focused.

Siltrin Calussai
Secretary

Founded: Jul 04, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Siltrin Calussai » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:29 am

To Answer A Raven
[in correlation to events here: A New Dawn

Prior to both Mierin and Aytep's arrival, a raven of dubious nature had graced a desk before all of those introduced to the pair. While before their eyes it cawed, and then incredibly became dust as soon as the cylinder before it clinked against the glass surface, a single wax emblem brought narrowed gazes. Asahi. The so-called Ascendancy was now calling forth all it would seem, to pay both tribute and or become known. A decision had to be made of course, with the scions of two great nations already having landed, a bold move would be undertaken, and the judges that remained would be the ones to make it.

As Jencara introduced both Mierin and Aytep respectively, Lithu had excused himself somewhat to nod towards one of the guards at the door. These doors were unlike anything else, and similar to the elevator tram that they had ridden up, it was an unusual design. The doors were sealed with a heavy clack and the sound of hydraulics, Lith returning as the entire room began to move upwards, and he offered a smile to the pair and their entourage that had accompanied them. " My friends.." He began. " I did mention we were about to go upon an adventure..and so we shall. Tell me, have you ever visited the homelands of the Asahi?" He asked towards the pair as the sensation of rising upon a great lift would last for several minutes.

With a heavy handed connecting sound, and a slight reverberation about the entirety of the room, akin to a small earthquake, but not severe, just a sort of wobbly sensation for a moment or two, there was another feeling altogether. That of movement, of a great beast beginning to propel itself forward. " We as a people have had our representatives present, summoned to the land of the Veiled Ones, and, as it would turn out, perhaps the best course of action to be had, in getting to know both of you. A journey that shall enlighten us to what the scions of both Batory and Hiendor interests are, and to our own." He paused a moment. " And of course getting to know a power unlike any other, that could well in turn serve said interests even further."

High Judge Deshad rumbled his throat some and spoke, his accent was very much like that of Jencara's. " I welcome the both of you as honored guests, aboard the Kritarchy Confederacy Naval (SCKCN) vessel Anahita, flagship of the vanguard, and our transport to the Asahi Ascendancy." He took a deep drag upon his cigarette before continuing, after an exhale of bluish grey smoke that curled upwards lazily. " Your presence should be a surprise to both the Ascendancy and those of the Batory and Xukuthite homelands, as per both leaders of such are already there or about to arrive according to our security services." A faint nod of head towards High Judge Siem of Military Intelligence, of whom tipped his head in return towards his fellow judge and the duo before them.

High Judge Siem, would also make small talk. " Also we can speak of the cultists, and how best to approach that. I understand there is already a development in Havasu concerning them." He didn't even make a mention of the fact that he, the council and now the dynasty duo were enroute to an affair that had called to one, but not the others.

Lithu smiled to the pair and offered a singular response to their own. " Party indeed my friends, party indeed."

Siltrin-Calussai Kritarchy Confederacy Naval (SCKCN) Design
These ships have a very unusual propulsion system. The translational motion is provided by rotation of a closed strip of air-raking panels seemingly inspired by tank treads, which these heavily armored ships seem to resemble. While the technology originally had come from Osea-Yuktobanina, the difference in the original design and the SCKCN one was that the second generation battleships had already been upgraded to a SCKCN only variant of the older Osean design, still retaining its bow profile the difference is its enlarged hull and scaled up rotary propeller treads to give it a superior speed over the original design and a greater range of firepower.

The Anahita (The name of the Perso-Elamite goddess, Anahita. She was associated with healing, fertility, and wisdom) class armed with several cannons, guns and anti-air autocannons which are used for ship to ship comand and anti-anything else forces, and are clad in armor. They have docking and launching bays for SCKCN modified OYFRN airship fighters, notably the High Speed Rocket Fighters. Finally the vessels are able to launch anti-airship torpedoes and depth charges as well as bombs for ground and air bombardment.

It's support vessels, the heavy cruisers were of the Ansar (Arabic for "Helper") class is designed to be an advanced scout capital ship; it is also a combat carrier. Taking design aesthetics between a fish and the assault ship class, the Ansar class is a stealthy amphibious mobile assault heavy cruiser; the ship can act as a boat and/or submarine, allowing the Ansar class to strike near the coast of enemy territory and/or hide itself in the one place no other ship can follow, underwater. This was done considering that SCKCN forces may have to fight against the Rhydinian Hegemony at one point or another.

At first glance, it's merely a large cruiser and it minimizes its threat potential to others. However, if combat is unavoidable, it can unveil seventeen large 2-barreled cannons (8 on the top, 8 on the bottom, and one on the nose of its frame). The nose of the ship is a large armored hatch that can open and unveil its forward anti-airship cannons.
Last edited by Siltrin Calussai on Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Asahi
Attaché

Founded: Jan 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Asahi » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:55 am

(This shall be a staggered response to all guests)

Finium
A somber man awaited the delegation from The Torpor Empire of Finium. He stood just about two meters tall, athletically thin, and if one had to guess, perhaps mid forties, though as apart of the Ascendancy and Kingdom, it could really be anywhere, such were the fae genes. His hair silver in hue, and cut in such a way as to be fashionable to the times. Eyes of grey-green peered forth, yet they remained steady, with neither brows furrowing nor wrinkles appearing from stress or worry. He snapped a binder shut, as an airplane taxied from lands unknown to come to a complete stop before him.

A man and a woman of nobility as the dossier had mentioned. The waiting man, was of nobility himself but a Heru (Lord) of the Summer Court. He represented the will of Duke Kumtah Payg, the head of said and aforementioned Summer Court. Eyes were upon the man in the two piece suit. He wore not the bird's mask as the duke did, but that was because it was not his station to do so. Instead a cane was at his right, with the figure of a crow upon the handle portion.

To the left and to the right, security staff stood at the ready, positioned about a darkly hued vehicle, possibly ebony or something similar in tone. It was a four door such automobile and bore the flags of Finium at the front above the lights. Behind it, and in front of it, slick SUV's resided as did a motorcycle entourage of two in the front and two in the rear. A red carpet was brought forth and reeled into position at the end of the boarding ramp being secured to the plane.

As the said man and woman, entourage included deboarded, he spoke. Welcome to the Ascendancy of the Asahi, Kingdom of the Veil. I am Heru Yagreth Il'us. I shall be escorting you to the chariot behind me, and it shall be driven to Mizeareigh Palace.

Kheleguria
A young woman of the Directorate of Diplomatic Affairs awaited the delegation from The Dominion of Kheleguria. She stood just about one point seven meters tall, athletically curvaceous, perhaps mid twenties or so, though as apart of the Ascendancy and Kingdom, it could really be anywhere, such were the fae genes. Her hair a soft white in hue, and cut in such a way as to be fashionable to the times. Eyes of grey-blue peered forth, a delightful smile upon her thin lips.

A man and a woman of the Khelegurian diplomatic corps were the guests to be greeted. The waiting woman, was of not of the nobility herself but represented the will of Nat Mayjac, Duchess of the Spring Court, the head of said and aforementioned Directorate of Diplomatic Affairs. Eyes were upon the woman in the three piece suit. She wore not the bird's mask as the duchess did, but that was because it was not her station to do so. A small pin of a Kingfisher was upon her blazer, as the meant the time of spring.

To the left and to the right, security staff stood at the ready, positioned about a darkly hued vehicle, possibly ebony or something similar in tone. It was a four door such automobile and bore the flags of Kheleguria at the front above the lights. Behind it, and in front of it, slick SUV's resided as did a motorcycle entourage of two in the front and two in the rear. A red carpet was brought forth and reeled into position at the end of the boarding ramp being secured to the plane.

As the entourage of the Khelegurian diplomatic corps arrived, she spoke. Welcome to the Ascendancy of the Asahi, Kingdom of the Veil. I am Diplomatic Officer Thena. I shall be escorting you to the chariot behind me, and it shall be driven to Mizeareigh Palace.

Machina Haruspex
Another somber man awaited the delegation from Sovereign Imperium of Machina Haruspex. He to stood just about two meters tall, lanky and thin, and if one had to guess, perhaps mid thirties, though as apart of the Ascendancy and Kingdom, it could really be anywhere, such were the fae genes. His hair a dark black in hue, and cut in such a way as to be reminiscent of a military life. Eyes of grey peered forth, watching the rather large plane from the Imperium taxi it's way to rest before him.

A man and a woman of nobility as the dossier had mentioned. The waiting man, was of nobility himself but a Heru (Lord) of the Winter Court. He represented the will of Duke Toran Yaneth, the head of said and aforementioned Winter Court, but was on loan via the Primarch's directive. Eyes were upon the man in the two piece suit. He wore not the wolf's mask as the duke did, but that was because it was not his station to do so.

To the left and to the right, security staff stood at the ready, positioned about a darkly hued vehicle, possibly ebony or something similar in tone. It was a four door such automobile and bore the flags of Finium at the front above the lights. Behind it, and in front of it, slick SUV's resided as did a motorcycle entourage of two in the front and two in the rear. A red carpet was brought forth and reeled into position at the end of the boarding ramp being secured to the plane.

It was known the Imperium preferred their own vehicles, but this was not to be. The emperor and his entourage would be making do with the Ascendancy's wishes this gathering. As he thought of such in his mind, the Imperium entourage including the Emperor and those he deemed worth, deboarded, he spoke. Welcome to the Ascendancy of the Asahi, Kingdom of the Veil. I am Heru Garrot Yur. I shall be escorting you to the chariot behind me, and it shall be driven to Mizeareigh Palace.

Canini
The seafloor was a busy place at the outskirts of the Ascendancy's reach, it was a complex in itself however, that reached towards the mouth of the beginning deeps of the ocean and all the way shallow of the rivers and bays that were theirs. As the approaching naval vessel sent an identification and keycode of passage, terminals glowed. A singular officer of some race or another wore a headset near horns that riddled the tops of his head. A thin plastic screen across eyes, presenting a picture towards him of the access code and so on.

Grumpily into a microphone as a senior officer came to stand nearby, he keyed said code in and spoke. Reverence Class Submarine-Battle Cruiser 013, Colonel Narsis Snagfang, and accompanying entourage, you are cleared to dock in Alpha 2-9, bay 3. That again is Alpha 2-9, bay 3.

An older man of the Directorate of Diplomatic Affairs awaited the delegation from The Territories of Socialist Dwarven Republics. He stood just about one point five-nine meters tall, average in figure, perhaps mid sixties or so, though as apart of the Ascendancy and Kingdom, it could really be anywhere, such were the fae genes. His hair was barely there, blonde in hue, and cut very, very short. Eyes of white-blue peered forth, and he was patient in his wait.

The entourage the of the Socialist Dwarven Republic's diplomatic corps were the guests to be greeted. The waiting man, was of the nobility himself but represented the will of Tanaka Hir, Duchess of the Fall Court, and a high ranking noble of the security services of the Ascendancy. Eyes were upon the old man in the one piece suit.

To the left and to the right, security staff stood at the ready, positioned about a darkly hued vehicle, possibly ebony or something similar in tone. It was a four door such automobile and bore the flags of Socialist Dwarven Republic at the front above the lights. Behind it, and in front of it, slick SUV's resided as did a motorcycle entourage of two in the front and two in the rear. A red carpet was brought forth and reeled into position at the end of the boarding ramp being secured to the plane.

As the entourage of the Socialist Dwarven Republic's diplomatic corps arrived, he spoke. Welcome to the Ascendancy of the Asahi, Kingdom of the Veil. I am Heru of the Fall Court, Gareth Fuune. I shall be escorting you to the chariot behind me, and it shall be driven to Mizeareigh Palace.

Ser Di Haruk
A young man of the Directorate of Diplomatic Affairs awaited the delegation from The Kabonov Union of Ser Di Haruk. He stood just about one point eight-nine meters tall, athletic, but a bit stocky in nature, perhaps mid twenties or so, though as apart of the Ascendancy and Kingdom, it could really be anywhere, such were the fae genes. His hair a soft white in hue, and cut very short. Eyes of grey-blue peered forth, and he was patient in his wait.

An old man and his escorts of the of the The Kabonov Union diplomatic corps were the guests to be greeted. The waiting man, was of not of the nobility himself but represented the will of Tanaka Hir, Duchess of the Fall Court, and a high ranking noble of the security services of the Ascendancy. Eyes were upon the young man in the three piece suit. He wore not the mocking bird's mask, a trapping of the nobility as the likes of the duchess did, but that was because it was not his station to do so as a member of the security services.

To the left and to the right, security staff stood at the ready, positioned about a darkly hued vehicle, possibly ebony or something similar in tone. It was a four door such automobile and bore the flags of The Kabonov Union at the front above the lights. Behind it, and in front of it, slick SUV's resided as did a motorcycle entourage of two in the front and two in the rear. A red carpet was brought forth and reeled into position at the end of the boarding ramp being secured to the plane.

As the entourage of the The Kabonov Union diplomatic corps arrived, he spoke. Welcome to the Ascendancy of the Asahi, Kingdom of the Veil. I am Security Services Officer Tolan Rowe. I shall be escorting you to the chariot behind me, and it shall be driven to Mizeareigh Palace.

Salvasti
A woman in her mid forties of the Directorate of Diplomatic Affairs awaited the delegation from The Kingdom of Salvasti. She stood just about one point eight-seven meters tall, athletic and thin in nature. Her hair jet black in hue, and cut in a nevermore style. Eyes of grey peered forth, and she was patient in her wait.

The Kingdom of Salvasti diplomatic corps were the guests to be greeted. The waiting woman, was of of the nobility himself but represented the will of Tanaka Hir, Duchess of the Fall Court, and a high ranking noble of the security services of the Ascendancy. The Fall court had been exclusively asked for, because they were well aware of other nations, far more than most. She wore a pin of the mocking bird upon right side of her blazer jacket.

To the left and to the right, security staff stood at the ready, positioned about a darkly hued vehicle, possibly ebony or something similar in tone. It was a four door such automobile and bore the flags of Kingdom of Salvasti at the front above the lights. Behind it, and in front of it, slick SUV's resided as did a motorcycle entourage of two in the front and two in the rear. A red carpet was brought forth and reeled into position at the end of the boarding ramp being secured to the plane.

As the entourage of the Kingdom of Salvasti diplomatic corps arrived, he spoke. Welcome to the Ascendancy of the Asahi, Kingdom of the Veil. I am Heruas of the Fall Court, Ujia Fel. I shall be escorting you to the chariot behind me, and it shall be driven to Mizeareigh Palace.

Airship Nations
Verithya rested on the horizon above the capitol of Nikko. The metropolitan city stretched out for dozens of kilometers in all directions, and here, in the sky, was the massive skyship dockyard, twice the size of the citadel of coin that served the warriors of the Northern Takhisian territories.

The trip from the dockyard and the central tower was a short one, but it meant riding with all of the other employee's and service personnel. The trolley's were packed around midday and as luck would have it, it was now just cresting the time when everyone and their mothers was to be out and about, heading to the docks or back towards the Citadel of Ascendancy. Hundreds of trams and trolleys littered the sky on lines that crackled with lightning like flares. Jostled into a sardine can of a trolley, one felt the deck plates move now and then as they would slide across the expanse of nothingness. Two or three hundred meters below was the buildings and residential areas of the city, pulsing and glowing with lights and sounds.

As the sun burst through the clouds, partially appearing to set the heaven's ablaze, and against the smooth brass of the domed top of the tower section. Ships were docked here, undergoing construction, repair, or updating. Sparks and so forth danced across the heavens as foreign airships crossed the great expanse of the sky, and came within it's embrace.

The Citadel of Ascendancy is the strongest part of the naval yard, positioned to be the last line of defense, should the enemy breach the other components of the fortification system. Which would be impressive if they could do so. The fortress bearing a U-shaped structure built about a central courtyard, being four hundred-twenty metres long, one hundred sixty metres wide, and three hundred four metres tall. It has a complement of sixty eight 6 × 28 cm (11 in) guns on turrets, forty eighty 8 × 15 cm (5.9 in) turret cannons, fifty 20mm phalanx turrets, and forty quad box launcher turrets, capable of firing air to air intercept missiles, and twenty four dual box launchers firing anti-ship torpedoes (Missiles).

Support for the Citadel is also in the form of twelve fighter wings from any one of it's four launching areas. Most aircraft in question are the Takhisian Kmuno class fighter, although other variants do show up at times. Supporting the fighters and vice versa is also the Citadel vanguard fleet, composed of twenty seven vessels. Ranging from Takhisian Yoweth class heavy dreadnaughts to that of the Jelduneuic class cruisers. Carriers and destroyers are also in this vanguard and they support the citadel and any fleet that may be scrambled to protect the naval yard.

In the traffic controller section two-beta-twelve, a mild mannered Tylwyth, a species of Sidhe, awaited the clearance code of the Bremotican airship currently de-accelerating, and showcased on his tracking station. It came through, and he nodded more to himself, keying in an appropriate destination before vocally confirming such with the incoming vessel. Cascade, you are to approach dock two-three-one, bay four. Copy. A response came through and the airship changed course accordingly.

Nearby another creature, also wearing a headset and a visor was doing the same process for a vessel hailing from Imperial Gynocracy of Renor Xukuth. A Selkie, the office of technological advances hired a great many of the species that made up the Ascendancy beyond the human and half-breeds that composed much of the commoner base. The smooth and sweet voice carried the greeting. Cay Tnykuh, you have been cleared to access the Citadel of Ascendancy, please approach dock two-three-six, bay one.

A flurry of movement as the multi-armed Goblin representative, named Tetrarch, handled the call from another incoming vessel. Quite a few today. The usual gruff voice spoke into the headset. Muroidean Diplomatic Airship Hadron, you are clear for dock four-eight-two, bay two. And in one fluid motion, drew up the contact line with another vessel. Calussai airship Justice, you are cleared for dock four-eight-one, bay three.

As ships docked, each would be met by an officer of the security services and the diplomatic directorate. Often times paired, though not always. Human-ish, a fair number of either directorate was apart of the Sidhe, so they shared the nobility of the greater fae, and thus were probably either nobles and or close to such. The citadel fell under the auspices of the Summer court, and thus such was represented well by these members.

Diplomatic representatives and their entourages would be escorted to the massive elevator, it spiralled downwards and into the central area of Nikko. Hundreds of them up and down, all the time. Everything from passengers to cargo were constantly in motion. Those secured for diplomats however had a security officer and directorate staff within them.

They would hurtle downwards, one after another, to reach an embarking station that was devoid of citizenry. Security service personnel arrayed about, human and obviously not, shepherded up stairs and out of what could have been once a subway station, repurposed to serve the elevators. The bright lights of the city, sounds and sights as Nikko spread before them. Waiting to pick up each party, the ebony hued sedan's with escorts.

The Veil Portal
The warlock received the scribed code, he glanced at the chant and it's composition. It was secure and proper, and so he nodded to the others nearby around the chant gate. A glow similar to the ragnite light erupted from them, whisking in the air like a serpent of blue smoke to gather at eight points where a silvery metal surface awaited.

Reality bent, and then a tear appeared, as through the veil, the approved of guests emerged from. Warlock Furis Fenter brought a gaze of grey upon the form of Anaxandron Sa'Hanan, General Krax Procipinee, and what looked to be an escort guard of Agar rauko in Royal Guard uniforms. A slight sigh as of course it had to be Infernalites on his watch. He stepped from the control area, as the others ceased keeping the guarded entry open behind the newly arrived. A rune embedded cover slid into place, to prevent the doorway from being accessed.

Your grace, you are to be escorted to the Garden of Flesh, and to await the Primarch. He offered a slight bow of head and form, while he may not wish to associate with such terrible creatures, they were of kin, and as such had to be respected. He would arise up and gesture in the direction they were to go, a path that led from the doorway and to another destination altogether.
I am a fantasy MT/PMT role-player.

Canini
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Canini » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:23 pm

The Garden
(Post aided by Asahi descriptions)

Colonel Narsis Snagfang represented both the Hegemony, as well as the Canini people. That such a heavy burden had been thrust upon him, had brought the officer a new sort of mental woe. The fox was atypical in size for a member of the Canini, he stood roughly six feet tall, though his muscle mass belied his true weight, closer to about two hundred and sixty odd pounds or so. His appearance gave a slender front, and as such it was easy to misjudge the frame wrapped in the dark greyish blue of the Navy.

A heavy leather trench left unbuttoned near the collar, officers cap at a slight angle between two fuzzy ears as he clomped down the path of the exit seal tube, and the adjoining boarding ramp to the actual dock of Asahiian make. A secondary pair of footfalls brought the slightly similar in height second in command. The wolven Major Tharrin, was of the breed stock Canis lupus lupus (Eurasian Wolf). Such stock was few in number, but the clans that were around, often were apart of the navy, and or special taskforces. Tharrin himself had once been on the advance team for the Empress, but had requested to serve the needs of the colonies.

Like his commanding officer, he wore the dark trench and the greyish-blue uniform of the submarine corps serving the Hegemony. Together they stood just a few dozen feet from the ramp's base, glancing over the escort that had appeared. An SUV of some make or another, tiny flags at the front with the Hegemony's emblem and a pair of motorcycle escorts.

The representative awaiting them screamed security services and his introduction confirmed it. He was, some sort of human-ish creature. To Narsis he smelled wrong though. He'd been about enough humans and the Rhydinian's to notice the differences between them. This one, had a completely different scent. He only appeared human, whatever he actually was, Narsis had never come into contact with before. It's not something you'd forget. Out of the corner of his eye, Tharrin had apparently reached the same conclusion.

Said individual wore a one piece suit, and was almost an albino in flesh tone. The grey eyes seemed to have no pupils that Narsis could detect. Hair as white as the body teased temples and his form was in a word, lanky. He was thin, and tall, and the suit seemed to devour his body, like a black hole does to light.

Taking a seat into the rear of the vehicle, he found it had been modified to fit the inhuman form that was his. A pleasant touch, having to be cooped up in a vehicle meant for humans was annoying most of the time. The docks went on in all directions, though the route they took as he observed, cut through the heart of it. Overhead he spied the immense airship docks, and a central one that seemed to be, for lack of a better word really, massive. On a scale that just didnt do the word properly, like the docks for instance. Above and below, it stretched along the coast facing the sea.

The route was intended for the best possible speed to their destination, but from what he spied along the way, was a city unlike anything he'd grown accustomed to. In Rhydin for example, the few floating cities, and or even rarer, surface city-states, was an orderly affair. Sterile really. This place was wild, unchecked growth that gave it a twisted jumble of buildings and other architecture. The city seemed to be colliding with itself, imploding and then exploding outwards in a variety of styles and designer themes. No one the same as the other, haphazard almost in it's picturesque arrangement. The lights of traffic and the collection of species created a scene he'd never experienced.

A slight hum of the window to lower it just a bit, and the waves of scents and sounds poured in. It was mesmerizing and intoxicating. The window zipped back up after a time, and the humid air was again held back by the cool air conditioning within the vehicle. The representative served someone he wasn't aware of, that was not surprising however as the intricacies of the Asahi court worked was a bit lost to him. Tanaka Hir, Duchess of the Fall Court. He'd remember the name and the title, but he had no idea who she was, and that was a bit uncomfortable. Rhydinian Intelligence usually had a dossier on power players of any nation, and not having such, left him in the dark as to potential motivations and so on.

The transport vehicle was soon covered in the darkness of a tunnel, hurtling under a portion of the city, only to exit what had possibly been a mountain of construction and so forth. The road was well lit, and travelled. Traffic still heavy, until an exit was taken. Military vehicles could be seen, as well as the ominous security service ones. They passed the checkpoint, and the road was now, unoccupied by anyone save themselves. Whatever this place was, it was well defended. While it didnt have a visible military presence of say cannon and tanks and what not, he could see the locations of where there would obviously be such. The terrain changed from the wildness of the city, to a lush landscape.

Jungle and garden alike stretched for miles in all directions, leading to a massive facility in the distance. Narsis had seen palaces in his service, but this place was beyond them. The sheer size, it seemingly stretched about the width of his vision as they entered the grounds. The curving drive swept about like some form of Autobahn and his ride came to a stop. Exiting the vehicle, pausing only to adjust his tunic and so forth before following a young woman dressed in similar style to that of the representative.

The garden was not what he expected. Statues of men and women, various species at that, sculpted into a tree like form. He reached out tentatively to touch one nearby, and the form moved. He yanked his gloved hand backwards and muttered a curse. A glance to the Major who equally looked alarmed and then to the young guide. Of whom had not changed her smile nor had averted her gaze while Narsis had done so. " This is..unusual to say the least."

The young woman, smiled and spoke. " The Ascendancy believes that the memories of a crime and the creation of art as a prison is the best deterrence and salvation of those who commit such. As such, the Primarch created this garden, it's beauty as a prison is magnificent is it not? A perfect setting for parties that may be at odds with one another, and a warning that civility will only be tolerated here."

Narsis blinked a moment, staring at the garden a bit more. " That is..an effective method.." Which is all he could say, as the garden stretched outwards, possibly thousands upon thousands of trees bearing a captured soul. He shivered internally, and wanted nothing more than to be back upon his ship, and the welcoming depths of the sea. Instead he replied. " The Hegemony thanks the Ascendancy for it's invitation."

North Ver Ist Bremotica
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 24, 2016

Postby North Ver Ist Bremotica » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:30 am

Into the belly..

The Cascade slid into the grasping berth that would be theirs for the duration of this visit. The sheer, immense size of the facility made him question a great many things at once. Foremost was how? How had the Ascendancy come to acquire this technology, when his own homeland had struggled for decades to get such vessels and the floating ports. He was envious and a bit under the weather in the mindset for this display. After a moment, he slid his right hand against his forehead for a moment, taking in a few deep breaths before allowing his better nature to overtake the brief onset of jealousy, lest it be unbecoming before the crew.

The navigation officer echoed the response from the Asahiian control tower, while ensigns made sure the approach vector was perfect. " Dock two-three-one, bay four. Copy." The lieutenant in charge responded in kind. " Copy control, we are zero lock, and without error on approach and seal." After a moment, guide lasers had appeared, and whoever or whatever was in the control tower seemed appeased. " Roger that Cascade, welcome to the Ascendancy."

With the airship on vectored thrust only, it eased into the waiting rail arms below and above, these sealed against the hull soon enough. A central float unit kept the whole vessel from sinking while the disembarking tunnel would extend to a waiting boarding ramp and so on. Donitz turned to his second. " Commodore, you have the conn." All of the bridge crew arose and snapped a salute, as did Kell. Donitz really did envy him getting to stay aboard, but this was part of the status he'd acquired as well. Extending his arm in the form of a gesture to Minister Holt, he would proceed with her away from the command deck.

In short order was Admiral Donitz and Minister Holt away from the Cascade. His battleship looked so much smaller now, and there were others here that were quite large in their own right, and even they..He shook his head a moment, noting the escort sailors had come to form a small row of two deep, twelve total near the boarding ramp. He turned to the officer that led them, eying the man a moment. " Lieutenant..Odden, you will not allow anyone without clearance to board the Cascade. Is that understood?" The young man saluted. " Not a one sir."

" Good man. Minister, shall we?" Holt smiled somewhat. " We shall." She took the lead, though it wasnt by much, preferring to walk to one side of the admiral. A heavy coat adorned her frame, the air was thin up here after all. They were both approached by a member of the Fall Court, a young man, about that of Donitz's own age. A burgundy suit of fashionable sense upon the slim form, wireframe glasses perched just so, blonde hair slicked back. He offered a bow, introduced himself as a noble serving the gracious and wise Tanaka Hir, Duchess of the Fall Court.

Royalty had been expected, but not greeting him as a servant or butler might. Donitz nodded in the greetings, exchanging their own titles and names. Guided to one of the rather large elevators, he avoided the Batory and Xukuthite debacle of feeling the stomach jump or really, be slammed upwards and then downwards. Still the ride left an impression. One of, " perhaps we shouldnt do that to much.." Shepherding Minister Holt to the waiting sedan, he noted that it's make was that of RVC, a Rhydinian vehicle, here? That was odd he thought. Holt seemed to catch his thought. " It's not so strange, prior to their hostile actions of late, Rhydin imported hundreds of thousands of vehicles to many within it's circle of influence and trade."

He nodded a bit, relaxing somewhat as settling into the luxuriousness of the vehicle's plush seats. The scenery was vivid, interesting, and somewhat disturbing to a degree. Asahi was wild. It treated with all manners of creatures, wrapping them within a blanket of civility, perhaps just the tease of such and called it a nation. This was tested, in his mind, as they were escorted to the garden, just in time to see and hear the young woman tall an anthromorph fox and his counterpart about the nature of the tree's. His gaze thus landed upon the prison of flesh, as it stretched outwards as a lush, ivory hued design...

Kheleguria
Secretary

Founded: May 16, 2017

Postby Kheleguria » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:37 pm

An officer of the diplomatic corps and an ambassador serving the Khelegurian Foreign Relations Ministry, Zyriel Sherwin represented the second generation of the newly independent nation. He stood tall, toned and somewhat muscular, though more thin than any other body type. He was not dressed in a military uniform, but rather a simple light blue tweed suit, which was both comfortable and a stylish design with a white shirt, a black knitted silk tie and black high shine Derby shoes for a work-ready look. His dirty blonde hair styled in a longer and choppier version of the Ivy League fashion. On top, it is a crew cut with just enough length to part and comb over. The sides are scissor cut slightly shorter than the top. It was currently the rage within the last duty station he'd been assigned to, which had been the Kingdom of Havasu.

At his side, another young man stood, Herame Zukir. He was maybe a year or so younger, a thin build, though he was lanky and tall, cresting past six and a half feet tall. He like his counterpart of the ministry, wore not the military uniform of the army or the navy, but the civilian attire necessary to ingratiate themselves into foreign lands. Adorned in a classic grey tweed suit, matching waistcoat, a white shirt, black shoes and a navy silk tie for an elegant formal look. His hair of brown was barbered with the high and tight style, with very short sides and back, the "high", and a line between longer hair on top, "the tight".

An attache briefcase held in his left hand, he strolled from the helicopter that had brought him to the airfield in question, an ALH Sarnor Su'aco LCH-02B with it's blades slowly spinning to a stop had been his chariot to this important gathering of dignitaries from across the known territories. The unknowns and the whispered were coming he'd heard.

A slight acknowledgement to his aide and then a tip of head in a polite bow to the Asahiian diplomatic officer Thena who greeted them both. He noted the kingfisher pin and spoke in relation to that. " My grandfather spoke of your duchess often, a noblewoman of resolution and honor. I am pleased to be meeting with a herald of hers."

Walking towards the sedan that awaited them, he slipped within, followed by Herame, and then the woman of the court. As the vehicle proceeded along, the sights and of the cityscape that blurred past he spoke again as noticing the landscape, traffic and eventual military presence overtaking it all. " Mizeareigh Palace, I remember hearing that for a time, none but the veil-blessed get enter past its gates. What changed?" Directed towards Thena.

Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Socialist Dwarven Republics » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:15 pm

Guirigar Stoncottur wondered what sort of country The Kingdom of Asahi really truly was. Truth be told the dwarven dossier on the nation was rather thin. The Ambassador actually smirked at the single sentence contained within when he read, clearly whoever had written had a sense of humor and had never expected anyone to read it. Likely a human Guirigar mused as he looked over the file again before he closed it and placed it back inside his briefcase.

“What are your expectations for this trip?” asked the Merchant Group representative Sorrigan Kleichstall in a rather gruff tone.

Guirigar considered the question for a moment before he answered the other more surly dwarf. Guirigar could tell that Sorrigan was very displeased about being selected for the trip. Most of the older dwarves became rather uncomfortable about leaving the perceived safety of their homeland. Guirigar however suffered no such ailment. He was actually mildly excited, at least as excited as a dwarf could get.

“I don’t know that I have any expectations in all honesty.” replied Guirigar. “I believe that this will be a possible precursor to what could be a blossoming relationship between The Kingdom and the SDR.”

Sorrigan grunted at the cryptic response.

“What are your expectations?” Guirigar asked, turning the question around towards the other dwarf.

Sorrigan smirked at the turnabout. He adjusted his crimson tie and brushed a piece of lint off the cuff of his charcoal colored suit jacket.

“I don’t really have any expectations either. I will ask what questions I must to more thoroughly determine whether or not there is any possibility of a working relationship between the Merchant Groups and whoever we must deal with inside the Kingdom.” Sorrigan replied.

“I had hoped for nothing less.” said Guirigar as he shifted to a more comfortable position.

“Sirs, we are ready to disembark.” informed one of the bodyguards that would be accompanying the two officials for the trip, both were rather large by dwarven standards and Guirigar felt a little more comfortable knowing they were to be present even though he hardly expected any sort of trouble on this trip.

Guirigar stood up from his seat and and smoothed the wrinkles out of his dark blue suit. He adjusted his black tie before he motioned for Sorrigan to proceed first. Sorrigan slowly got up, feeling slightly older then he should feel. Grumbling to himself the merchant dwarf followed the first bodyguard out of the “yacht” that had brought them to the Kingdom.

Walking down the gangplank, Guirigar looked around to take in the sights as best he could but his attention was grabbed by the gentlemen awaiting his delegation at the bottom of the ramp. Both Guirigar and Sorrigan patiently listened to the man. Guirigar slightly cocked an eyebrow though when the man called the car awaiting them a chariot.

Both dwarves bowed their heads slightly in greeting to the heru who though short by human standards was still roughly a head taller than both of the dwarven officials.

“It is a pleasure to meet you your excellency, I am Ambassador Guirigar Stoncottur and this is Mr. Sorrigan Kleichstall esteemed representative of the Merchant Groups, it is an honor that your country has invited us and we are both pleased to be here.” Guirigar said before they both headed towards the vehicles with the bodyguards taking up a short distance behind them.

Muroidea
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Muroidea » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:55 am

Crows, Trees of Ivory, and the Fey

The car ride had not been uncomfortable, and the sights and sounds of the cityscape they passed through had been greatly educational. This tiny nation, swept up in the rise of a new government was a dangerous thing to Anan, his whiskers quivered, and that only happened when he felt something wrong, somewhere. A gut reaction as they entourage hurtled upon a highway partially built through the city itself, the vehicles blinking in and out of a myriad of tunnels and open portions. The glittering lights radiating all around.

Narrow ribbons of oceanfront skyscrapers backed by wooded hillsides, glimmering glass and metal continuing on as said treeline seemed to serve as a buffer. As the arial harbor and what he could only guess was some sort of merchants district, even as his escort vehicle left such behind, it presented a breathtaking view of the sea. Steel and concrete faded into the distance while on their route, lakes and waterfalls emerged while surrounded by various buildings of all sorts as if some sort of hybrid of building and nature, all of it not too far from the city’s cavernous and efficient docking rings that cast a shadow over the city, adding to the transport network of subways, buses, trams and ferries.

Eventually though it all gave way, past the tropical nature of the foliage, and the avant-garde multi-coloured buildings, to a stretch of road that was surrounded by a lowlands of short green grass. The public traffic here was very light, if at all, and it was being steered away. He'd never seen Asahian military beyond the parade dressed sorts, but here, they were, in field gear. Not only that, but the multi-species nation had positioned its secret services alongside these troops.

At a checkpoint, his inquisitive eyes were rewarded by an emblem upon a shoulder patch that confirmed his theories of these particular sorts. They were the Spring Guard, or at least some of them were. There were was also Summer emblem present, which meant at least two Dukes were apart of this endeavor beyond the Primarch's will. This meant a full and collective house had been summoned and dispatched.

Air Marshal Anan was of an average build, compared to humans, he was relatively short, no more then 5'3" and he was considered above average in height for his people. Both of those who accompanied him were barely five feet tall themselves. His short fur of the tawny brown variety and he was missing a few teeth on the right side. He was also middle aged, approaching twenty-eight years old. The average lifespan for a Muroidean topped out at about sixty or so. Gowen on the other hand was of a mountain tribe, and had the auburn fur tone. Pait who also of an admiralty rank, and part of the diplomatic presentation, was of the seafarer kin. His fur was a motley mix of black, and brown.

All three were greatly disturbed by the ivory forest stretching out beyond the welcoming area, and the host that seemed not mind the sometimes writhing forms that composed such things. Gowen to was a bit disturbed by this vision, and noticed that even the wolves of the sea seemed ill at ease, perhaps a common bond to communication could be set there. Pait meanwhile had stepped away from the trio, resting gaze upon many within the small area, before giving full attention to the host.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates