NATION

PASSWORD

(OOC, TWI) Bold Territories - Progression

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Bhikkustan
Minister
 
Posts: 2604
Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bhikkustan » Tue May 02, 2017 2:01 am

Vancouvia wrote:perhaps a Horn of Africa type pirate haven territory too.

Moukere works for that if we want to limit the amount of bold nations.
Sunni Muslim ۞ Shafi'i Fiqh ۞ Ashari Aqidah ۞ Wasatiyyah
Post-Westphalian Localist and Pan-Islamic Globalist
Crimea is Russia Ukraine Tatar
~ Free East Turkistan and Palestine ~

User avatar
Ostehaar
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1776
Founded: Jul 08, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ostehaar » Tue May 02, 2017 3:36 am

Bhikkustan wrote:
Vancouvia wrote:perhaps a Horn of Africa type pirate haven territory too.

Moukere works for that if we want to limit the amount of bold nations.

I support this idea. It would also increase the number of nations interested in a single NPC.

User avatar
Miklania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1443
Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Miklania » Tue May 02, 2017 7:13 am

Ostehaar wrote:
Bhikkustan wrote:Moukere works for that if we want to limit the amount of bold nations.

I support this idea. It would also increase the number of nations interested in a single NPC.

Indeed, counter piracy operations around Africa and the Persian Gulf involve dozens of nations from all around the world.

On Government: Checks and balances and ways of stopping things from happening are the only things that provide a stable government and a stable society.

On Democracy: It is a very neutral thing. It can be the best way of ensuring a reasonable government, or it can lead to genocide in the name of 'the people'.

On NSG: I believe the technical term for you people is "malformed conscience".

On society: Until reason and science become cool again, the "enlightened" who profess both but practice neither will continue to gleefully chip away at the bedrock of human society.

User avatar
Atnaia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1907
Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Tue May 02, 2017 8:26 pm

I've always intended San Javier to remain a clusterfuck. As for Merrit, I never wanted to hold it this easily or uncontested. My original invasion should have felt more Crimean, but no one opposed. Tjiravik is supposed to be a place we can flex our peacetime muscles at will.
- Globalist - Humanist - Rationalist - Utilitarian - Centrist -
"Progress makes perfect." - Hegemon Thomas Wessich

Overview Factbook
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WESTERN ISLES
No NS Stats, No Problem

User avatar
Athara Magarat
Minister
 
Posts: 2519
Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Athara Magarat » Tue May 02, 2017 8:43 pm

Atnaia wrote:I've always intended San Javier to remain a clusterfuck. As for Merrit, I never wanted to hold it this easily or uncontested. My original invasion should have felt more Crimean, but no one opposed. Tjiravik is supposed to be a place we can flex our peacetime muscles at will.

There were tensions between Atish of Atnaian or Merritian descent in AM for a while.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=337003&p=29495273&hilit=Merrit#p29495273

And you even did this

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=337003&p=29516399&hilit=Merrit#p29516399

I opposed for a while as Merritians living in AM, who started arriving as the "Third Wave" Atish (the medieval Atish in Khas-Kirat realms being the first and the Atish colonists being the second). Then the issue kinda vanished.
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.




Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

User avatar
Travencia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 372
Founded: Nov 14, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Travencia » Wed May 03, 2017 5:32 pm

Atnaia wrote:I've always intended San Javier to remain a clusterfuck. As for Merrit, I never wanted to hold it this easily or uncontested. My original invasion should have felt more Crimean, but no one opposed. Tjiravik is supposed to be a place we can flex our peacetime muscles at will.


I sort of get the feeling Merrit island could be a "tropico" style NPC, like a banana republic.

User avatar
Atnaia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1907
Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Wed May 03, 2017 6:06 pm

Athara Magarat wrote:
Atnaia wrote:I've always intended San Javier to remain a clusterfuck. As for Merrit, I never wanted to hold it this easily or uncontested. My original invasion should have felt more Crimean, but no one opposed. Tjiravik is supposed to be a place we can flex our peacetime muscles at will.

There were tensions between Atish of Atnaian or Merritian descent in AM for a while.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=337003&p=29495273&hilit=Merrit#p29495273

And you even did this

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=337003&p=29516399&hilit=Merrit#p29516399

I opposed for a while as Merritians living in AM, who started arriving as the "Third Wave" Atish (the medieval Atish in Khas-Kirat realms being the first and the Atish colonists being the second). Then the issue kinda vanished.

There was never a response.
- Globalist - Humanist - Rationalist - Utilitarian - Centrist -
"Progress makes perfect." - Hegemon Thomas Wessich

Overview Factbook
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WESTERN ISLES
No NS Stats, No Problem

User avatar
Atnaia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1907
Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Wed May 03, 2017 6:07 pm

Travencia wrote:
Atnaia wrote:I've always intended San Javier to remain a clusterfuck. As for Merrit, I never wanted to hold it this easily or uncontested. My original invasion should have felt more Crimean, but no one opposed. Tjiravik is supposed to be a place we can flex our peacetime muscles at will.


I sort of get the feeling Merrit island could be a "tropico" style NPC, like a banana republic.

That would fit San Javier more. Merrit would work best as a sort of Eastern European/East Asian state.
- Globalist - Humanist - Rationalist - Utilitarian - Centrist -
"Progress makes perfect." - Hegemon Thomas Wessich

Overview Factbook
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WESTERN ISLES
No NS Stats, No Problem

User avatar
Travencia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 372
Founded: Nov 14, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Travencia » Thu May 04, 2017 6:11 pm

any thoughts of turning some of the bold territories into somewhat static stable area's for a purpose besides conquest RP's? I had an idea for maybe repurposing a few of them into "tourist traps," area's that for whatever reason [backstory open ended] have an economy that's roughly two tiered, the one for locals which is likely not as good as the appearance that they give for "tourists". [a real world equivalent example would be the Caribbean]

Van I think at one point you had mentioned about turning Illa Isle into something like that....

User avatar
Atnaia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1907
Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Thu May 04, 2017 6:16 pm

Travencia wrote:any thoughts of turning some of the bold territories into somewhat static stable area's for a purpose besides conquest RP's? I had an idea for maybe repurposing a few of them into "tourist traps," area's that for whatever reason [backstory open ended] have an economy that's roughly two tiered, the one for locals which is likely not as good as the appearance that they give for "tourists". [a real world equivalent example would be the Caribbean]

Van I think at one point you had mentioned about turning Illa Isle into something like that....

That's the whole concept of Tjiravik. it's for peacetime RP.
- Globalist - Humanist - Rationalist - Utilitarian - Centrist -
"Progress makes perfect." - Hegemon Thomas Wessich

Overview Factbook
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WESTERN ISLES
No NS Stats, No Problem

User avatar
Vancouvia
Minister
 
Posts: 3043
Founded: Sep 19, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vancouvia » Thu May 04, 2017 7:26 pm

Travencia wrote:any thoughts of turning some of the bold territories into somewhat static stable area's for a purpose besides conquest RP's? I had an idea for maybe repurposing a few of them into "tourist traps," area's that for whatever reason [backstory open ended] have an economy that's roughly two tiered, the one for locals which is likely not as good as the appearance that they give for "tourists". [a real world equivalent example would be the Caribbean]

Van I think at one point you had mentioned about turning Illa Isle into something like that....


Illa Isle's carribean-ish but I don't really understand what you're getting at.

User avatar
Verdon
Diplomat
 
Posts: 676
Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Verdon » Fri May 05, 2017 1:32 pm

Both Kavju and Iles du Soleil were part of the summer 2015 trend of 'claiming places that aren't mine because I need space for farms' thing. I'd argue both be removed on the grounds of no-history/no-rp. NA, i'd suggest having the island base destroyed in IW2 and not rebuilding.

Pandiya was used by Bhumidol for some science and ecology stuff. When it was created, I mentioned the possibility of RP, but he seemed like he didn't want the island to have an RP associated with it. Other than a few news posts, it hasn't been utilized.

User avatar
Travencia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 372
Founded: Nov 14, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Travencia » Fri May 05, 2017 5:38 pm

Van I was thinking something like the cruise line owned resorts in the Bahamas or Haiti where there's investment in a stop over for the pure purpose of being a tourist trap. Maybe with light themes of history, culture and backstory. A facility on Islla Isle could be feasible...

Eventually I would like to design a small city state style bold territority that might have a basis in financial services, banking, and could have maybe a casino theme in a sorta Macau meets Vegas styled like Singapore thing. The basis would be an open interactive environment for RP's with an emphasis on commerce and exchange...

@noronica if yr open to using Arván as a hotbed for crime I've got a few RP ideas to base outta there....

User avatar
Vancouvia
Minister
 
Posts: 3043
Founded: Sep 19, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vancouvia » Fri May 05, 2017 6:26 pm

I like this idea, like Monaco, basically? Just a small city-state with a huge casino / nightlife industry. That could be a good setting for a lot of RP

User avatar
Travencia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 372
Founded: Nov 14, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Travencia » Fri May 05, 2017 7:46 pm

Vancouvia wrote:I like this idea, like Monaco, basically? Just a small city-state with a huge casino / nightlife industry. That could be a good setting for a lot of RP


Yea, something with maybe a small but wealthy population. I'm trying to put together a poll to study the feasibility of a TWI based common monetary unit, either as an accounting currencies or a reserve to give people the option to use "name of said monetary unit" as opposed to say US dollars. Much in the same way and idea for those who enjoy removing as much real world influences and institutions as possible. Maybe this city state would host a stock exchange that's accessible and interactive for all, or part of the backstory could be that there's a long history of currency and commodity trading...

I'll put together an outline and make an open planning and brainstorming thread sometime this weekend, I'll gladly link it here once I do...

User avatar
New Aapelistan
Diplomat
 
Posts: 687
Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Aapelistan » Fri May 05, 2017 9:17 pm

Verdon wrote:Both Kavju and Iles du Soleil were part of the summer 2015 trend of 'claiming places that aren't mine because I need space for farms' thing. I'd argue both be removed on the grounds of no-history/no-rp. NA, i'd suggest having the island base destroyed in IW2 and not rebuilding.

Pandiya was used by Bhumidol for some science and ecology stuff. When it was created, I mentioned the possibility of RP, but he seemed like he didn't want the island to have an RP associated with it. Other than a few news posts, it hasn't been utilized.

The place had an RP, though not trying to argue against this.

But like I said, if anybody has RP ideas for the place Im all ears

(Also the thing that I have spoken with Mikey is that this place is to NA like Kaliningrad is to Russia. Don't see many IC reasons just "giving the place up" after the destruction)
Last edited by New Aapelistan on Fri May 05, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Corindia
Minister
 
Posts: 2608
Founded: May 29, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Corindia » Fri May 05, 2017 9:21 pm

Vancouvia wrote:I like this idea, like Monaco, basically? Just a small city-state with a huge casino / nightlife industry. That could be a good setting for a lot of RP

People could annex it and get a HK-PRC or Macau-PRC power dynamic going. Could be cool.

Of the People, For the People

User avatar
Vancouvia
Minister
 
Posts: 3043
Founded: Sep 19, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vancouvia » Fri May 05, 2017 9:31 pm

Corindia wrote:
Vancouvia wrote:I like this idea, like Monaco, basically? Just a small city-state with a huge casino / nightlife industry. That could be a good setting for a lot of RP

People could annex it and get a HK-PRC or Macau-PRC power dynamic going. Could be cool.


The point of this thread is to steer away from annexation and more into "this NPC provides a good setting for RPs"

User avatar
Corindia
Minister
 
Posts: 2608
Founded: May 29, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Corindia » Fri May 05, 2017 9:33 pm

Vancouvia wrote:
Corindia wrote:People could annex it and get a HK-PRC or Macau-PRC power dynamic going. Could be cool.


The point of this thread is to steer away from annexation and more into "this NPC provides a good setting for RPs"

Oh, gotcha. Hong Kong deserves freedom anyway.

Of the People, For the People

User avatar
Travencia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 372
Founded: Nov 14, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Travencia » Sat May 06, 2017 11:00 am


User avatar
Athara Magarat
Minister
 
Posts: 2519
Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Athara Magarat » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:23 am

Ummn Van, since Bhum is gone but Pandiya is still over there...I have this proposal.

Let's say a Kachee Caliphate exists on Pandiya now.

Since Moukere and Bhik (those poor refugees) are no more on map, I need some recruiting place for SHOCK and also refugee crisis. So we will have this NPC as an unstable nation run by a corrupt Caliph and his cronies. Due to the rampant corruption and sectarian violence between majority Sunni and minority but dominant Shia, this place is a hellhole and a breeding ground for SHOCK and other terror groups.

So...SHOCK and their Islamist allies try to take over Pandiya and remove the Caliph. The Caliph, who controls the island on the behalf of Athara Magarati government (which has been unable to control the situation there, relying on the Caliph and his cronies who often downplay the situation there), requests aid from AM gov to root out 'terrorist elements' and further proof appears that SHOCK leaders from AM have gone into hiding in this overseas (but so much autonomous and rebellious...which might also explain why only police and Vancouvian soldiers are patrolling AM streets...because most of AM's 20,000 soldiers did be now stationed in Pandiya after SHOCK attacks started in 2016) territory of AM (handed possibly by Noronican Empire or some other empire in 21st Century). The local Kachee (the denonym for the nationality; ethnically they are Khas-Kirats, Aprosians and Ipachis who converted to Islam) are fiercely seeking independence from AM and to become their own country.

Maybe after the AM v Van thing ends, the island nation even becomes an independent Islam republic that mends its ties with AM, Van and other nations of the Isles after much needed mediation. The CU, G4, the League and other organizations could have someone to invest their money for development into.

And historically, the Caliphate could be the nation Christian nations could have called crusades against.

So...it's your call Van. I mean, Pandiya is not being used at all...
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.




Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

User avatar
Verdon
Diplomat
 
Posts: 676
Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Verdon » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:06 am

You're really interested in fitting in Islam into the isles, aren't you?

User avatar
Bhikkustan
Minister
 
Posts: 2604
Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bhikkustan » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:18 pm

Athara Magarat wrote:Ummn Van, since Bhum is gone but Pandiya is still over there...I have this proposal.

Let's say a Kachee Caliphate exists on Pandiya now.

Since Moukere and Bhik (those poor refugees) are no more on map, I need some recruiting place for SHOCK and also refugee crisis. So we will have this NPC as an unstable nation run by a corrupt Caliph and his cronies. Due to the rampant corruption and sectarian violence between majority Sunni and minority but dominant Shia, this place is a hellhole and a breeding ground for SHOCK and other terror groups.

So...SHOCK and their Islamist allies try to take over Pandiya and remove the Caliph. The Caliph, who controls the island on the behalf of Athara Magarati government (which has been unable to control the situation there, relying on the Caliph and his cronies who often downplay the situation there), requests aid from AM gov to root out 'terrorist elements' and further proof appears that SHOCK leaders from AM have gone into hiding in this overseas (but so much autonomous and rebellious...which might also explain why only police and Vancouvian soldiers are patrolling AM streets...because most of AM's 20,000 soldiers did be now stationed in Pandiya after SHOCK attacks started in 2016) territory of AM (handed possibly by Noronican Empire or some other empire in 21st Century). The local Kachee (the denonym for the nationality; ethnically they are Khas-Kirats, Aprosians and Ipachis who converted to Islam) are fiercely seeking independence from AM and to become their own country.

Maybe after the AM v Van thing ends, the island nation even becomes an independent Islam republic that mends its ties with AM, Van and other nations of the Isles after much needed mediation. The CU, G4, the League and other organizations could have someone to invest their money for development into.

And historically, the Caliphate could be the nation Christian nations could have called crusades against.

So...it's your call Van. I mean, Pandiya is not being used at all...

I am back on the map soon. And the problem is the population will be too small to warrant a caliphate.
Sunni Muslim ۞ Shafi'i Fiqh ۞ Ashari Aqidah ۞ Wasatiyyah
Post-Westphalian Localist and Pan-Islamic Globalist
Crimea is Russia Ukraine Tatar
~ Free East Turkistan and Palestine ~

User avatar
Athara Magarat
Minister
 
Posts: 2519
Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Athara Magarat » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:54 pm

So no caliphate...but maybe Islam republic or something along those lines.

And it will be good to have you back on map.
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.




Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

User avatar
Bhikkustan
Minister
 
Posts: 2604
Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bhikkustan » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:22 pm

Athara Magarat wrote:So no caliphate...but maybe Islam republic or something along those lines.

And it will be good to have you back on map.

yeah.

What will population be?
Sunni Muslim ۞ Shafi'i Fiqh ۞ Ashari Aqidah ۞ Wasatiyyah
Post-Westphalian Localist and Pan-Islamic Globalist
Crimea is Russia Ukraine Tatar
~ Free East Turkistan and Palestine ~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Izmedu, Northern Amerique, The Selkie

Advertisement

Remove ads