NATION

PASSWORD

Terraen Radio Broadcasting (OPEN)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby Populi-Terrae » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:52 pm

"We are interrupting our general schedule to inform you of a special announcement. Starting next week, we will have a few new people taking over the segments. Oh, I'll still work here, I just won't be driving every segment. This station of ours is a fast-growing baby. Hopefully, it won't become die because I'm opening the door to some help",
We are a free and democratic nation. Right now, we're MT. But we're getting close to becoming PMT.

The animal on our flag is a lion, not a dog.

You may use NS stats. (except for the income tax and income equality)

Terraen Radio Broadcasting: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=407688&hilit=terraen (Sign ups-https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=407818&sid=38747f80d1c4bbd3b93653970f69e0a7)

If you want to RP with me or judge my nation, just telegram me.
Terraen News Network:Police take custody of infant of teenage parents soon after birth|Scientists announce ethanol-free alcohol|President Hayo opens doors to Supreme Authority refugees|Historian criticized after 'Revolutionaries murdered children and mothers' comment

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Movie Review: The Glory of War.

Postby Populi-Terrae » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:23 pm

“Let’s review some movies, huh? The biggest box office seller for last weekend was The Glory of War, the story of a soldier who fought against the Japanese invasion of Una Potentia, specifically, what is now known as Populi-Terrae.

And let me tell you something: If this is the biggest box office seller for this weekend, I pray for our movie industry. This movie is absolute dreck.

First off, that dammed title. That has to be the most clichéd title for a war movie. Not only is it clichéd, but it is so generic.

The story is cliché. Basically, it is ‘Guy wants to bang girlfriend, so he joins army and discovers horrors of war’. The characters are one-dimensional and the effects are godawful.

Speaking of characters, apparently whitewashing has seeped into our land. Not one of the Japanese soldiers in this film is Asian. They looked like white people with Asian makeup.

Speaking of which, the filmmakers obviously did not care to do a bit of research about the Japanese invasion. This movie depicts a massacre of Potentian civilians by Japanese soldiers, an event which NEVER happened. They put their stupid movie before creating an authentic historical experience.

In conclusion, don’t see this movie. Go see something else.

We’ll be right back after these messages.
Last edited by Populi-Terrae on Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are a free and democratic nation. Right now, we're MT. But we're getting close to becoming PMT.

Terraen Radio Broadcasting: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=407688&hilit=terraen (Sign ups-https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=407818&sid=38747f80d1c4bbd3b93653970f69e0a7)

Terraen News Network:Police take custody of infant of teenage parents soon after birth|Scientists announce ethanol-free alcohol|President Hayo opens doors to Supreme Authority refugees|Historian criticized after 'Revolutionaries murdered children and mothers' comment

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Fun Facts: Our Flag

Postby Populi-Terrae » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:09 am

“I think it’s time for this station to take on a educational perspective, don’t you think? Welcome to Fun Facts. Today, we’re going to be tackling the piece of fabric that brings our country together: our flag.

First off, because this is really getting on my nerves. That’s a lion on the flag, not a dog. Since when did a dog have a big fluffy mane and a slim tail? It’s like whoever kept thinking the flag has a dog on it got dropped on their heads just after escaping from their mother’s uterus.

Anyway, where did the flag come from? Well, the flag was actually introduced this year. Before that, we used a rip off of the Macedonian flag.

But a growing group of people demanded for us to make our own flag, something unique, so the President had the best artists in the country design the new flag. And low and behold, that’s where this flag came from.

But what does this flag mean?

The flag, as a whole, represents our commitment as a nation to build a harmonious environment where all can reach their limits.

Individually, the sun represents the nation of Populi-Terrae.

Within the sun, there is a human being and a lion. The lion itself represents the natives of Populi-Terrae and the strength of our nation. It also hearkens back to an ancient Native belief that the lion is a symbol of strength.

The human being represents the foreigners who populate the region. I know, I know. It’s a little weird that foreigners are represented by a human and the natives are represented by a lion when it should be the other way around. But I didn’t come up with it.

At it's essence, the flag depicts unity being our nation's first and foremost strength. A nation cannot exist unless it's people believe that it can exist as a true nation, meaning that the nation must be united, strong and determined to face the challenges.

And that is why, my friends, I love being Terraen. We care for each other, regardless of belief or ideology. If only some other countries could follow that mindset.

We’ll be right back after these messages”,

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Advertisement #1

Postby Populi-Terrae » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:33 am

You think our country is invulnerable and impenentrable by subversive individuals. You would be wrong. Everywhere around you, there are people plotting against the security of the country. These may be fascists, racists, religious extremists, terrorists or Scientologists. It is your duty as a citizen of the Democratic States to report any suspicious activity, no matter how small. Especially, make sure to keep an ear out for chatter about planes, holding illegal meetings, contraband, etc. Your identity will be completely anonymous and you will recieve a five thousand liber reward. Report all suspicious activities to the Ministry of Public Security by phone at 00-11-22 or online.
Last edited by Populi-Terrae on Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

How to Survive in... Supreme Authority

Postby Populi-Terrae » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:23 am

“Okay, it’s time for TBR to get a little naughty and encourage a little chaos in a totalitarian government faraway from our shores: the Supreme Authority. This segment is called "How to Survive In...

This is a segment that will occur weekly. I encourage any listeners of this program to spread the advice contained within among their own population in totalitarian-oriented countries.

The Supreme Authority is a very special case, in that, they demand absolute obedience and loyalty from their populace, more so than normal regimes. Religion and even having personal names are forbidden.

If you are in possession of a religious text such as a Bible, commit your favourite verses to memory or write them down and hide them in a special place. Make sure you get creative when it comes to hiding them.

Then, burn the book. I don’t care what your religion says about respecting the text. If the constabulary finds that book, that is a instant death sentence. It’s not worth your life. If you write your favourite verses and hide them, that minimizes the risk of capture.

When it comes to defying the Authority’s language barriers, I am going to say a sentence and you need to remember it off by heart. “Standard and military are phrases. A phrase is not a language. Languages have heart and soul”, We will broadcast this phrase in different languages on several different frequencies. You need to learn the phrases off by heart, no matter the difficulty. By remembering these phrases, you are defying the Dominion. That is a good thing. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise.

What you do with these teachings is up to you. I recommend that you spread these teachings among yourselves like a virus. Infect the populace with this virus until the Dominion collapses in on itself.

Good luck.
Last edited by Populi-Terrae on Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Populi-Terrae » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:46 am

We have time for one call tonight. It is from the Federation of Kendor, a Mrs Dana Hersh.

You are on the line, Mrs Hersh.
Last edited by Populi-Terrae on Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

The Kendorian Social Condition

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:13 am

Populi-Terrae wrote:We have time for one call tonight. It is from the Federation of Kendor, a Ms Dana Hersh.

You are on the line, Ms Hersh.

"Hello everyone, thanks for taking your time to listen to me. I'm a 24 years old aid worker from a country called Kendor. The first issue i'm going to talk is the situation of the homeless in Populi-Terrae and Kendor."

"I'm sure to you who read about Populi-Terrae, you may know about the homeless internment camp."

"My opinion on this camp is they are kind of opressive, as homeless' are not allowed to leave without authorization. The camps also don't ask for a consent from the homeless, only taking them away to be integrated into the society. I know their mission is noble, but it's not the correct way. The camps also looks like a prison, and "internment camp" is a word usually used negatively."

"Now, I will talk about how we treat our homeless."

"We, the Kendorians, treat our homeless in rehabilitation centers across our nation. They are more effective than the internment camps, as they give them education for the jobs the homeless want, and they don't force the homeless too. The homeless instead are offered two choices by the social workers, to live as they want, as there are some homeless who voluntarily live in the streets, or go back to their normal life. The rehab centers also don't look like a prison, but rather, a clinic for a small rehab center and a hospital for big rehab center. I also have to note that the rehab centers are used to rehabilitate other people too, like drug users, criminals, etc."
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Populi-Terrae » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:18 am

The Federation of Kendor wrote:
Populi-Terrae wrote:We have time for one call tonight. It is from the Federation of Kendor, a Ms Dana Hersh.

You are on the line, Ms Hersh.

"Hello everyone, thanks for taking your time to listen to me. I'm a 24 years old aid worker from a country called Kendor. The first issue i'm going to talk is the situation of the homeless in Populi-Terrae and Kendor."

"I'm sure to you who read about Populi-Terrae, you may know about the homeless internment camp."

"My opinion on this camp is they are kind of opressive, as homeless' are not allowed to leave without authorization. The camps also don't ask for a consent from the homeless, only taking them away to be integrated into the society. I know their mission is noble, but it's not the correct way. The camps also looks like a prison, and "internment camp" is a word usually used negatively."

"We, the Kendorians, treat our homeless in rehabilitation centers across our nation. They are more effective than the internment camps, as they give them education for the jobs the homeless want, and they don't force the homeless too. The homeless instead are offered two choices by the social workers, to live as they want, as there are some homeless who voluntarily live in the streets, or go back to their normal life. The rehab centers also don't look like a prison, but rather, a clinic for a small rehab center and a hospital for big rehab center. I also have to note that the rehab centers are used to rehabilitate other people too, like drug users, criminals, etc."

"Well, to answer your criticism, I would like to point out that the homeless, once they have built up enough trust and have the ability to work with people outside the homeless facilities, are allowed to go out in search of their own jobs or their own homes. This job-and-home-seeking effort is sponsored by the government and the homeless are allowed to keep whatever income they earn from their work.

The reason why we do not allow them to live on the streets is because it encourages crime among the homeless community and leaves them unprotected against those who detest the homeless community. We may be iron-fisted, but that's only because we care",

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:28 am

Populi-Terrae wrote:
The Federation of Kendor";p="<a href="tel:31453995">31453995</a> wrote:"Hello everyone, thanks for taking your time to listen to me. I'm a 24 years old aid worker from a country called Kendor. The first issue i'm going to talk is the situation of the homeless in Populi-Terrae and Kendor."

"Well, to answer your criticism, I would like to point out that the homeless, once they have built up enough trust and have the ability to work with people outside the homeless facilities, are allowed to go out in search of their own jobs or their own homes. This job-and-home-seeking effort is sponsored by the government and the homeless are allowed to keep whatever income they earn from their work.

The reason why we do not allow them to live on the streets is because it encourages crime among the homeless community and leaves them unprotected against those who detest the homeless community. We may be iron-fisted, but that's only because we care",

"So, how do you and your people think of our liberalism?"
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Populi-Terrae » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:32 am

"While we are willing to work with democracies with liberal views, my friends in the government believe that liberalism provides too much of a catalyst for social vices, especially crime, to take hold in a society. Of course, I am somewhat of a liberal, but it's the government's decision who they want to pal around with. Not mine",

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:49 am

Populi-Terrae wrote:"While we are willing to work with democracies with liberal views, my friends in the government believe that liberalism provides too much of a catalyst for social vices, especially crime, to take hold in a society. Of course, I am somewhat of a liberal, but it's the government's decision who they want to pal around with. Not mine",

"Our liberalism is not as free as you think, because while the citizens are allowed to do things such as nudity or using drug for example, they are still bound by specific laws, such as no littering, be nude in private places or designated areas only, etc. We call it a responsible liberalism."
My Dispatch

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Populi-Terrae » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:52 am

"Okay. Good to know, but we limit our citizens' rights to better create a orderly nation, while possessing democracy",

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:04 am

Populi-Terrae wrote:"Okay. Good to know, but we limit our citizens' rights to better create a orderly nation, while possessing democracy",

"Like what? Our government don't like an authoritarian nation. This is because they are a bit oppressive."
My Dispatch

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Populi-Terrae » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:05 am

"Well, we limit the access of firearms to our military and the police, we have forbidden smoking and we have limited drinking to licensed venues. Possession of alcohol in the home is illegal except for special events",

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:18 am

Populi-Terrae wrote:"Well, we limit the access of firearms to our military and the police, we have forbidden smoking and we have limited drinking to licensed venues. Possession of alcohol in the home is illegal except for special events",

"That's pretty oppressive. In Kendor, we allow sale of firearms of all types, even heavy weapon or even military vehicles, to all people. However, light firearms have license and background checks, and it's even stricter the stronger the weapons are. Smoking is legal, and drinking is legal, but there are licenses."
My Dispatch

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Populi-Terrae » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:22 am

"Well, I didn't make up the laws. But the government wants to produce a society in which vices are limited or non-existent",

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:24 am

Populi-Terrae wrote:"Well, I didn't make up the laws. But the government wants to produce a society in which vices are limited or non-existent",

"So, the government considered gun ownership by civilians, alcoholism, smoking, and some other "vices" a crime."
My Dispatch

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Populi-Terrae » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:27 am

"If you want to get right down to it, all vices are crimes. It just depends on the society. We want to create a orderly society. We do have democracy, but we believe in order",

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:36 am

Populi-Terrae wrote:"If you want to get right down to it, all vices are crimes. It just depends on the society. We want to create a orderly society. We do have democracy, but we believe in order",

"Our government want to create an orderly society, but everyone are free to do as they like, providing it's within the law that the government create. Anyway, that's all. Thanks for listening to us."
My Dispatch

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Populi-Terrae » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:39 am

"And thank you. To everyone listening, despite that frosty conversation, I am always willing to discuss my country's flaws with you. Just don't hoist the blame on me",

"And that ends our time together tonight. See you tomorrow on TBR, frequency 873 kHz",

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Populi-Terrae » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:04 pm

Good morning, everyone, and thank you for tuning into TBR. I hope you are all doing well.

Let’s begin this day with some calls, huh? If anyone wants to call into the show, now is your chance.

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Populi-Terrae » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:05 pm

"We have a call coming from the Libertarian Commonwealth of Skyhooked. A Mr. Laurent Deyon.

You are on the line, Mr. Deyon",

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Populi-Terrae » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:44 pm

"Okay, we seem to be having problems with Mr. Deyon. I'm sure he'll call back later.

It seems that our segment on the Supreme Authority has encouraged a refugee to come out of hiding and have a little chat. Her name is Diane Smith.

Miss Smith, you're on the line.
Last edited by Populi-Terrae on Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Supreme Authority
Envoy

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Supreme Authority » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:02 pm

"Hello TBR, thank you for your time tonight. I am Diane, a former subject of the Supreme Authority, serial D3622413. Before I continue, I would like to thank you for bringing attention to my homeland. It's good to know that there are people in this world who care about the health and freedom of others, and I wish that every human being who toils in the Dominion will come to know the light of God and freedom.

I'd be happy to take any questions you or other callers may have for me, unless, in my judgment, I am concerned that they may place former acquaintances of mine at risk."
The Iron Alliance | The Anti Democracy League | RP: Fall of the Supreme Authority

This nation does not represent my personal views.

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Populi-Terrae » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:06 pm

"Firstly, may I say that I appreciate your openness in coming forward to talk about your oppressive homeland. You are a brave woman",

"How did you escape? From what I've read, you can't have breakfast without the Dominion knowing what you are doing",

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates