NATION

PASSWORD

Terraen Radio Broadcasting (OPEN)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tesra
Envoy

Founded: Jun 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tesra » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:24 pm

Populi-Terrae wrote:
Tesra wrote:"I'm sure of it too, but it seems as if the morale of the public is shrinking. We've crushed an entire terrorist organization, but then the remanents of it form into an even more dangerous one. It's frustrating."

"Well, give them something to rally around. The people need a symbol",

"The public opinion of the government has been awful recently. Something about fighting Skardonian insurgents that were just trying to introduce democratic reforms in their homeland."
Take Ukraine, make it functional, then pump it up with absurd levels of technology and bioengineering skill.
And then you have Tesra. WE DO NOT USE NS STATS!
25, Female, Ukrainian-Canadian, bi
-Tesra has a bustling population of anthromorphic animals due to genetic experiments
-One third of the population is human, one third is robot, and the other third is hybrids (aka furries)
-We are extremely technologically advanced, at the level of frequent intergalactic travel
-Our prime minister is a robot, and his wife is an anthromorphic raven

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Populi-Terrae » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:26 pm

Tesra wrote:
Populi-Terrae wrote:
"Well, give them something to rally around. The people need a symbol",

"The public opinion of the government has been awful recently. Something about fighting Skardonian insurgents that were just trying to introduce democratic reforms in their homeland."

"Well, have you tried to negotiate with the insurgents? Maybe the reason why public opinion is in the crapper is because you're needlessly dragging out a war that could be solved with a flick of a pen",
We are a free and democratic nation. Right now, we're MT. But we're getting close to becoming PMT.

The animal on our flag is a lion, not a dog.

You may use NS stats. (except for the income tax and income equality)

Terraen Radio Broadcasting: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=407688&hilit=terraen (Sign ups-https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=407818&sid=38747f80d1c4bbd3b93653970f69e0a7)

If you want to RP with me or judge my nation, just telegram me.
Terraen News Network:Police take custody of infant of teenage parents soon after birth|Scientists announce ethanol-free alcohol|President Hayo opens doors to Supreme Authority refugees|Historian criticized after 'Revolutionaries murdered children and mothers' comment

Tesra
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Tesra » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:28 pm

Populi-Terrae wrote:
Tesra wrote:"The public opinion of the government has been awful recently. Something about fighting Skardonian insurgents that were just trying to introduce democratic reforms in their homeland."

"Well, have you tried to negotiate with the insurgents? Maybe the reason why public opinion is in the crapper is because you're needlessly dragging out a war that could be solved with a flick of a pen",

"That has been since done. The Skardonians are now much like their mother nation, but the public is still upset that we even did anything."
Take Ukraine, make it functional, then pump it up with absurd levels of technology and bioengineering skill.
-Tesra has a bustling population of anthromorphic animals due to genetic experiments
-One third of the population is human, one third is robot, and the other third is hybrids (aka furries)
-We are extremely technologically advanced, at the level of frequent intergalactic travel

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Populi-Terrae » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:30 pm

Tesra wrote:
Populi-Terrae wrote:

"That has been since done. The Skardonians are now much like their mother nation, but the public is still upset that we even did anything."

"Sounds like your government needs a shakeup. Remove the old guard and implement a new one",
We are a free and democratic nation. Right now, we're MT. But we're getting close to becoming PMT.

Terraen Radio Broadcasting: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=407688&hilit=terraen (Sign ups-https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=407818&sid=38747f80d1c4bbd3b93653970f69e0a7)

Terraen News Network:Police take custody of infant of teenage parents soon after birth|Scientists announce ethanol-free alcohol|President Hayo opens doors to Supreme Authority refugees|Historian criticized after 'Revolutionaries murdered children and mothers' comment

Tesra
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Tesra » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:32 pm

Populi-Terrae wrote:
Tesra wrote:"That has been since done. The Skardonians are now much like their mother nation, but the public is still upset that we even did anything."

"Sounds like your government needs a shakeup. Remove the old guard and implement a new one",

"Our current prime minister has been doing too good of a job otherwise. They're the reason we have such a powerful military and such an otherwise stable government."

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Populi-Terrae » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:34 pm

Tesra wrote:
Populi-Terrae wrote:

"Our current prime minister has been doing too good of a job otherwise. They're the reason we have such a powerful military and such an otherwise stable government."

"Sounds like your country is in a real pickle then",

Tesra
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Tesra » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:37 pm

Populi-Terrae wrote:
Tesra wrote:"Our current prime minister has been doing too good of a job otherwise. They're the reason we have such a powerful military and such an otherwise stable government."

"Sounds like your country is in a real pickle then",

"At least..."

*A burst of shots is heard*

"I need to get out on duty, goodbye."

*disconnect*
Last edited by Tesra on Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Populi-Terrae » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:40 pm

"Okay. That seems to be the end of the calls. if anyone wants to call in later, they can do so",

"Let's go for a commercial break",

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Populi-Terrae » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:22 pm

"And we're back here at TBR, frequency 873 kHz. We have one more caller from the country of Aethras. A Mr. Jack Fergusson.

You're on the line, Mr. Fergusson.

Aethras
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aethras » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:29 pm

"Hello. Right now, I'm currently in hiding, I've almost escaped from Labor Colony 2. I don't have much time because I want to escape as soon as I can, but I wanted to get the word out since many people listen to this station."

His heavy breathing can be heard.

"What are things like in Populi-Terrae?"
[ Imperial News ] New security measures implemented; democrats shout 'invasive' - Rebellion in Cornucopis crushed by General Ferrax - Kidnapping victims rescued by Death Knights - Valyrian tsar kneels to Emperor, declares allegiance
[ THESE ARE MY FACTBOOKS, READ THEM ] ~ I DON'T USE NS STATS
Aethras is an FT magic wielding nation of anthropomorphic-wolf-things that exists on the planet Vulkar, an Earth-like planet in a neighboring solar system that consists of two huge island landmasses, one of them being Aethras and the other shared by an assortment of other human nations.

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Populi-Terrae » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:32 pm

"Well, you can speak out against the government and vote for your representatives. If that's what you mean",,

Aethras
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aethras » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:41 pm

"In my nation---that is, before those damn dog-people took over---we could vote as well. I know in the Aethrasian mainland, the districts, people can lightly criticize the government, but in LC2 we can't do anything without them knowing. We just work, live in assigned quarters and earn a meager subsistence wage. When I get outta here, I'll---oh, sh!t, it's the Death Knights, it's---"

The sound of a door being broken down can be heard. A voice can be heard shouting "Subject JF122794, you are under arr--" The recording ends.
Last edited by Aethras on Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ Imperial News ] New security measures implemented; democrats shout 'invasive' - Rebellion in Cornucopis crushed by General Ferrax - Kidnapping victims rescued by Death Knights - Valyrian tsar kneels to Emperor, declares allegiance
[ THESE ARE MY FACTBOOKS, READ THEM ] ~ I DON'T USE NS STATS
Aethras is an FT magic wielding nation of anthropomorphic-wolf-things that exists on the planet Vulkar, an Earth-like planet in a neighboring solar system that consists of two huge island landmasses, one of them being Aethras and the other shared by an assortment of other human nations.

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Populi-Terrae » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:44 pm

"Okay. That is... bad. Let's wait a minute for any more calls",

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

What is Democratic Egalitarianism?

Postby Populi-Terrae » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:26 pm

"No more calls? Okay. It's time for us to move onto our special for today.

Today’s special will discuss our government’s central ideology: Democratic Egalitarianism.

So, what is Democratic Egalitarianism?

According to the President’s personal website, ‘Democratic Egalitarianism’ is a improved form of democracy which equalizes all of the social classes by removing any pretense of social disparity.

So, what the hell does that mean?

Democratic Egalitarianism, at it’s very essence, removes the falsehood that there is such a thing as rich and poor by removing their influence on the people and the government. For example, a tourist may notice that the police arrests smokers. This is because the pursuit of social equality required the removal of tobacco companies from our great land due to their ridiculous influence on world governments.

Do you want a example of the influence that a tobacco company could have on a government.

A few years back, after Australia, introduced plain packaging laws, Ukraine sued Australia for hurting it’s tobacco trade. You want the punchline? Ukraine had zero tobacco trade with Australia. The tobacco companies were practically using Ukraine as a puppet. The companies had to go.

When it comes to Democratic Egalitarianism, ‘social disparity’ also includes the spread and use of hate speech against minorities. You may notice posters at the bus stop with signs that say ‘WASH YOUR MOUTH WITH THE SOAP OF TOLERANCE!’

Okay, even I have to admit. That sounds incredibly moronic. Who the hell came up with that?

Anyway, those posters basically warn you to watch your mouth, lest you wind up in a jail.

Now, to me, this sounds like governmental interference in the thoughts of the people, but I’m not the President.

You may ask: But, Mr. Fayo. How is Populi-Terrae a democracy then?

Well, in our country, you can vote for your representatives without having being forced to do it publicly like in North Korea.

In our country, you don’t get tank wheels crushing your internal organs if you protest the government like in 1989 China. If anything, the government encourages people to speak their minds.

In our country, you don’t get your land stolen from you if you’re white like in Zimbabwe.

So, yeah. We are a democracy.

This is not me lying my a** off. We do have elections, a independent judiciary and a free press in this country. We simply have a different system than everyone else.

Democratic Egalitarianism also plays a part in the economy. If you’re an economist by trade, you would notice that the government maintains both private industries and state-owned monopolies. This is basically because we believe that if an entire economy is left in the hands of private individuals, it could cause corruption. The government exerts some control over the economy to basically keep it in check and keep an eye on CEOs.

If you think this means our government is basically a rich man’s playground, you’re wrong. If we find state-sanctioned Chief Enterprising Officers violating the law, the courts have the right to strip them of rights of income and property. And no, this is not a ‘guilt by association’ thing. This is not North Korea. Their families can keep their properties and incomes.

So, yeah. Our system is not perfect, but this is what happens when a government does it’s best to serve the people that elects it into office.

We will be right back after this message from our sponsors.

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

What's Right With... Spookane

Postby Populi-Terrae » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:28 pm

You didn't think we were just going to bash countries if they wind up on this station, did you? As much as I condemn other countries, I would like to shine a spotlight on the most positive countries that i have come across. Today, we will talk about Spookane

First off, their cities are majestic. They look almost futuristic. They're clean and you can tell by the pictures that this is a rich country. Rich and beautiful.

Secondly, their famed video game industry and especially, their ESports, are fantastic. I'm something of a video game geek and I bought several of their games online for ten libers max. They are fantastic. They're about ten years ahead of us in the video game industry.

And finally, their amusement park looks amazing. I haven't been to Spookane myself, but I've heard that it's better than any other amusement park in the world. This park costs 5 virtual marks for children, 10 for adults, and free for veterans from anywhere. The latter type of people need ID.

I hope some of my listeners decide to go to Spookane because of me.

We'll be right back.

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

BREAKING NEWS-Politician confesses to anti-vaxxer beliefs

Postby Populi-Terrae » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:44 pm

And as we come back, our sources tell us that Representative Bob Kay from Kampf Province has just confessed to being an anti-vaxxer. As anyone who has been following the Terraen News Network is aware, Mayo Kay has been under investigation for only a week after a unidentified whistleblower released a tape of Representative Kay talking to a friend of his which included the following quote "You would have to be insane to give your kid a vaccination. That stuff gives you autism".

I would like to remind my listeners that there is no evidence that vaccinations give you autism. There has never been any evidence for this ridiculous claim.

For our Terraen listeners, we all know of the consequences of holding these beliefs. If anti-vaxxers become parents, those parents can place their children in danger by refusing to vaccinate their kids and as a causality effct, this could place other kids in danger. Holding these beliefs can get someone on the Parenthood Blacklist. Normally, I don't like the government micromanaging what parents do with their kids, but this is not a simple matter.

Great, that means for my next segment. I'm going to have to explain to foreign listeners why we have a Parenthood Blacklist.

But for now, Representative Kay faces dismissal from his post, which will cause a by-election in his province. Hopefully, they do a more thorough background check on the candidates.

We'll be right back after these messages.
Last edited by Populi-Terrae on Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Populi-Terrae » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:05 am

"And we're back. It seems that we have a caller on the line, a Mr. DeYon. The guy who was unable to call in the first time from Skyhooked. Second time's the charm, eh?

You're on the line, Mr. DeYon",

Skyhooked
Senator

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:19 am

"Okay, thanks... But I am DeLyon... not Deyon. I am sorry about the first time. Dropped my phone in boiling water, when our restaraunt was overwhelmed with visitors. Allright, here is the question: I heared your advertisment... it sounded a bit grim. Are Scientologist are causing so much trouble to your people, that you put them into one sentence with dangerous terrorists? I know, that they are cheaters, who steal money from people and probably work as spies for some superpower. But are they really so troublesome, that even being one is a criminal offence? Oh... Steve, easy on pepper."
Skyhooked is MT/PMT with a few FT elements. Military is factbook only. NS stats are mostly non canon.
If you wanna know more about this haven of sin: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=418281&start=1

Our country offers: Alcohol, guns, cigars, weed, gambling, beaches and tons of souvenirs. And our current special: PL-74 Plasma rifle 25% discount!

Refreshing News:
Skyhooked is at war with Octavia, still holding agaisnt endless hordes of robots, vampires and traitors of humanity!/Global Defense Council was formed to help Earth hold agaisnt invasion./Luckily, we survived long enough and forces of Mandate of Humanity have arrived. (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=484352)

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Populi-Terrae » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:21 am

Skyhooked wrote:"Okay, thanks... But I am DeLyon... not Deyon. I am sorry about the first time. Dropped my phone in boiling water, when our restaraunt was overwhelmed with visitors. Allright, here is the question: I heared your advertisment... it sounded a bit grim. Are Scientologist are causing so much trouble to your people, that you put them into one sentence with dangerous terrorists? I know, that they are cheaters, who steal money from people and probably work as spies for some superpower. But are they really so troublesome, that even being one is a criminal offence? Oh... Steve, easy on pepper."

"Scientology itself is a dangerous ideology and that it is what it is, a ideology. Their members may not be suicide bombers, but they are just as evil. They rip families apart and pollute peoples' minds with lies and nonsense. These lies have had dangerous consequences",

Skyhooked
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:41 am

"That can be said about most sects... Yet Scientologist are more scary for some reason. Still thanks. I heared, that you mentioned anti-vaxxers, and that Mayo Kay, some your politican claims, that vaccines cause autism. I don't understand, why people belive in such superstition...

That's impossible for a few reasons. Yes, yes, I am a chef cook and not a pharmacist, but I will say my opinion anyways. First, vaccines are just different and as far as I know, water for injections just can't cause autism. Second - I know, that usually vaccines contain weak or dead pathogen, which is the main ingredient. The pathogens and sicknesses you vaccine against don't have autism as sympthome. So why on earth would vaccine cause? Third: As far as I know, autism is a complicated brain condition, it's too... complicated to be caused by single trigger. It has to develop in special way. Hey, add more carrots... this dish needs stronger flavor.

And one of cooks asked, what is the name of that White Supermachist movie? And is it available? He is interested in propaganda methods..."
Last edited by Skyhooked on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skyhooked is MT/PMT with a few FT elements. Military is factbook only. NS stats are mostly non canon.
If you wanna know more about this haven of sin: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=418281&start=1

Our country offers: Alcohol, guns, cigars, weed, gambling, beaches and tons of souvenirs. And our current special: PL-74 Plasma rifle 25% discount!

Refreshing News:
Skyhooked is at war with Octavia, still holding agaisnt endless hordes of robots, vampires and traitors of humanity!/Global Defense Council was formed to help Earth hold agaisnt invasion./Luckily, we survived long enough and forces of Mandate of Humanity have arrived. (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=484352)

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Populi-Terrae » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:45 am

Skyhooked wrote:"That can be said about most sects... Yet Scientologist are more scary for some reason. Still thanks. I heared, that you mentioned anti-vaxxers, and that Mayo Kay, some your politican claims, that vaccines cause autism. I don't understand, why people belive in such superstition...

That's impossible for a few reasons. Yes, yes, I am a chef cook and not a pharmacist, but I will say my opinion anyways. First, vaccines are just different and as far as I know, water for injections just can't cause autism. Second - I know, that usually vaccines contain weak or dead pathogen, which is the main ingredient. The pathogens and sicknesses you vaccine against don't have autism as sympthome. So why on earth would vaccine cause? Third: As far as I know, autism is a complicated brain condition, it's too... complicated to be caused by single trigger. It has to develop in special way. Hey, add more carrots... this dish needs stronger flavor.

And one of cooks asked, what is the name of that White Supermachist movie? And is it available? He is interested in propaganda methods..."

"It is my understanding that the white supremacist movie was partially filmed before the producers were arrested and what was filmed is in police custody. Sorry, mate.

You seem to know a lot about vaccines for being a simple cook",

Skyhooked
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:01 am

"Thanks. Well... then I think that's your state business. I can just give an advice... After you've done with the trial, you can broadcast the part of the movie. With review of course, a review, which points out all illogics and failures. Instead of keeping that movie in dusty archives, you can utilize it. Broadcast it's reivew, which logically explains, why Nazi ideology don't work. Such an anti-propaganda... Use Nazi weapons against them. I know, that I am just a man, who controls the kitchen, but I just wanna help.

Also, a waiter, who recently took my dish asked about Black parenthood list. Now I am curious too. I know, that it prohibits from having kids. But... what activities aside from refusing to vaccinate can get you on that list?"

Refreshing News:

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Populi-Terrae » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:09 am

"Well, I was actually going to discuss it before you called in. I'll give you a small injection (pun intended). Abusing the child, teaching the child extremist ideas or being negligent towards the child are one of the few things that can get you on the list. I will discuss it in full after your call",

Skyhooked
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:19 am

Populi-Terrae wrote:"Well, I was actually going to discuss it before you called in. I'll give you a small injection (pun intended). Abusing the child, teaching the child extremist ideas or being negligent towards the child are one of the few things that can get you on the list. I will discuss it in full after your call",

"And is there any way to get off that list? Exam, or paying some really hefty fine... or maybe with time? Hmmm... you put too much mustard, dish would just burn in the mouth.

Oh. Maybe we should talk about something more positive. Our sous chef says, that you seem to have really strong educational system. Could you tell me about unique methods of education, your country uses? I am sure you have a few."

Refreshing News:

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Populi-Terrae » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:24 am

Skyhooked wrote:
Populi-Terrae wrote:"Well, I was actually going to discuss it before you called in. I'll give you a small injection (pun intended). Abusing the child, teaching the child extremist ideas or being negligent towards the child are one of the few things that can get you on the list. I will discuss it in full after your call",

"And is there any way to get off that list? Exam, or paying some really hefty fine... or maybe with time? Hmmm... you put too much mustard, dish would just burn in the mouth.

Oh. Maybe we should talk about something more positive. Our sous chef says, that you seem to have really strong educational system. Could you tell me about unique methods of education, your country uses? I am sure you have a few."

"Your sous chef is correct. We do have a strong educational system. For one, our government operates a organization that can be best described as equivalent to the American Boy Scouts called the National Order of Young People. It combines entertaining activities such as camping with lessons about national responsibility and how to act in society. In essence, it turns children into dedicated citizens",

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates