NATION

PASSWORD

Terra Magna News Express

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Irav
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Terra Magna News Express

Postby Irav » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:02 pm

Terra Magna News Express.
Your number one source of Terra Magnan news!

Welcome to the Terra Magna News Express.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Irav
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Irav » Sun May 28, 2017 3:38 pm

2075 Presidential Elections

Thresoan ch'Iroth shortly after announcing his candidacy.

Anna Ruiter (
@ARuiter)
2 January, 2073 | Westerkwartier, Irav

Every three years Iravians will vote on their next president, this has been the status quo for the past three decades. And of course as was to be expected the year 2075 will be no different in this regards as today the two candidates for the election have been officially confirmed by the Federation Election Comission (FEC).

The New World Party is going in strong once again, having won every single election in the past three decades they have put forward some of the best man and woman that the Iravian public has ever known. Men such as Volkerink and Donovan and females such as Koningh and Van der Sluis, all have served the office of Federation president with outstanding skill and a wide variety of achievements under their belt.

This year the New World Party is seeking for an re-election for the brilliant tactician and strategist Jan Douwe Volkerink, who had proven his worth not once but twice during the 2069 Müritz Campaign and two years later during the 2071 Phanonn War. The latter of which ended in a more than decisive Iravian victory, establishing the Federation as a regional power, sementing the UFSC as the most powerful human space fleet and considerably expanding the Federation its territory.

Other note worthy achievements of Volkerink during his first two years in office include: expanded medical services for disabled war veterans, restoring stability within the Federation territories by expanding the power of the central government, securing foreign and domestic investments in frontier planets and admitting several new alien races to the Federation ranks.

''Citizens of Irav. Hereby I announce my intends to run for a second term as Federation President.

When I am elected to a second term as Federation President I swear I will continue with the course we are currently sailing. I shall fight every day to maintain and preserve our rather unique set of values and morals, a set no where seen in this galaxy. A set of values where everyone has the same chances as their neighbour, no matter what colour, sexuality, or even species they are.

Allow me to look back to the beginning of my presidency. When I first took office two years ago the frontier worlds were in disarray, our military on the verge of collapse and meters away from certain defeat. For the first time in our history we nearly lost it all, as the United Forces were forced to retreat along the entire line. In our darkest hour however, we banded together like a country and showed them what no one else thought we could do. Finally we held the line. And not only did we hold that line, we managed to counterattack winning victories along the frontier. Just months later we ended the war as victors. Not because of me, nor because of our generals, it was because everyone of us worked towards this goal.

This is the vision I have for Irav. A country that can come together and unite itself under one common thought. An Irav where everyone is safe, where no one has to look twice or be struck down, an Irav where we are not threatened by foreign invaders, or by our rivals. This too will form the center of my policies for a second term. To secure safety and security for all our citizens on the core worlds and on the frontiers.

And as always I will act to the best of my abilities to make these goals come true.''

- Jan Douwe Volkerink, New World convention, Westerkwartier.

His opponent for the 2075 election is a man of many talents. In previous years he has been the Chancellor of Gaea and has acted as the Polyphemus ambassador to the Assembly of Worlds. Until very recently he has been a very unknown persona in Iravian and Federation politics, but tonight he will announce his candidacy for the 2075 Iravian presidential elections. Welcome the Chancellor of Gaea, Thresoan ch'Iroth.

*Applauding ends* ''Thank you everybody! You might not know me, so allow me to introduce myself on this wonderful evening. My name is Tresoan ch’Iroth and tonight I am confirming that I will be running for Federation President in the 2075 presidential elections!

You know. My chances of ever coming this far were very unlikely. I was born on a planet almost three light-years away from Earth, in a racially discredited minority group. My father was accepted into the Space Command at a young age. Destined to make something worthwhile of his life he was deployed to Gaea, my home planet, at a time when settlers just began arriving. My mother was one of a million Faen’ate refugees. When her home system was destroyed by an asteroid she fled to Polyphemus.

It was here, on this poverty and starvation stricken planet, where my mother and father fell in love with each other. And life wasn’t easy on the frontier, but together they succeeded and raised a happy and healthy family of three children. On a planet that was known for its enormous poverty and starvation problems.

Now I stand here knowing that this story, and the story of that of my parents, would have been impossible anywhere else in this galaxy. From the Atmoran empire to the United States of Conner, no country has been this accepting of other species than the Iravian Federation. To go from a discriminated minority light-years away from the political capital to announcing my candidacy for the 2075 presidential elections. That is the Iravian dream.

*Silence*

When I am president, things are going to change. I’m not a status quo president, nor a radical president, I am going to be an Iravian president!

This nation, this Federation, was founded on the ideals of an utopian society, on the belief that every man and woman could live a life as they saw fit. And where everyone would be entitled to the same benefits as their neighbour.

We’ve sent millions of brave young soldiers to die for these ideals. Everyone knows someone who has fought in the war of 2071 only two years ago. Either on the Human or on the Phanonn side. But look at us know. There isn’t a Human Irav, or a Faen’ate Irav, or a Phanonn Irav, there is only one Irav.

Every generation, when the end times seem to be upon us, the people of Irav serve in our military with distinction. They serve knowing that when the dark times have passed their friends, family, and loved ones can once again live in safety.

When I am president I will once again reinstate the ideals that Irav was founded on as the guiding factor of Iravian policy making. When you vote for me you and I shall make the Federation a place that you can be proud of once again. That you can be proud to call yourself an Iravian. A Federation where we don't identify ourselves by what country we come from or what species we belong to. But that we identify as one Iravian people. Together we’ll take this nation and raise it to magnificence.''

- Tresoan ch’Iroth, Assembly of Worlds, Polyphemus.
Last edited by Irav on Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Irav
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Irav » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:23 pm

A Third Candidate?

Avylla sh’Avyriq shortly before announcing her candidacy.

Anna Ruiter (
@ARuiter)
-250576.23077312292 | Westerkwartier, Irav

This morning an unexpected turn of events lead to a third possible presidential candidate announcing her candidacy for the upcoming 2075 Iravian presidential election. Avylla sh’Avyriq as she is known, will now officially be competing with the incumbent president Jan-Douwe Volkerink and the presidential candidate from Gaea, Tresoan ch’Iroth. Both of whom have announced their candidacies the previous week at the New World Party convention and the Assembly of Worlds respectively.

Avylla has chosen to announce her candidacy in the Avenair metropolis and capital city of Aenar, one of the many moons of Coeus. She is the first presidential candidate in Iravian history to not have any human parents, instead she is from a species known as the Faen’ate, which is the same species that candidate ch’Iroth shares his DNA with.

During the ten minute speech she delivered to the Federation she put forward a series of election promises and a program for if she wins the election. Many of these promises are centered around the development of extra-terrestrial territories while many others are centered around forging friendly relations and alliances with many neighbouring species. During her speech she too has announced that she wishes to expand the Federation through diplomacy instead of force, wishing for as many species as possible to ratify the Articles of the Federation.

Neither the incumbent president nor presidential candidate ch’Iroth have issues any sort of statement concerning their new political rival during the upcoming election, however with yet another strong and interesting participant it is sure proving to be an interesting election.

For many Iravians it is yet too early to accurately predict how Avylla sh’Avyriq her participation in the 2075 Federation elections will affect the outcome. Now that both ch’Iroth and sh’Avyriq will have to share the Polyphemus vote, while Volkerink can count on a majority support on Earth and on the core worlds such as Mangala and Asherah.

Irav
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Irav » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:42 pm

'Next' attacks Heijden!

Steven Lindgren (Left) and Jan Douwe Volkerink (Right)

Anna Ruiter (
@ARuiter)
-250535.4387080047 | Westerkwartier, Irav

*Helicopter footage begins playing as the presentator begins explaining what as happened.

In the first scene you can see the coastal metropolis Heijden, that has been shit by a series of carefully planned terrorist attacks this morning. There are several police helicopters circling above the city and police and army checkpoints are being set up at every road leading in to and out of the city. From this height you can clearly see a dozen or so smaller buildings in downtown Heijden with thick black smoke emerging from the windows, as fires consume the buildings and their interiors from within.

In the second scene you can clearly see the Rama Tower. The tall glass skycraper too has smoke emerging from many of the lower floors of the building. Around this tower in particular there are a lot of police helicopters patrolling the immediate area and facing the building itself. Furthermore, on the streets below there are a few dozen ambulances, firefighter and police vehicles blockading the street while emergency services personnel is carrying disfigured bodies from the still burning tower.

After zooming in on the horrific scene on the street in front of the tower, in which paramedics are carrying a severely burned body into an ambulance. The footage cuts slowly back to that of the studio.*

What was supposed to be an average and otherwise perfect day in the coastal metropolis Heijden was quickly transformed into a scene from a horror film, as a series of explosives took the city completely by surprise this morning. This series of explosions, which took place at 10:15 in the morning, when people were wandering the streets on their way to their work have taken the lives of 113 people and has injured a futher 637 people. The identities of the casualties have not yet been confirmed nor will they be made public in the near future. It is yet unclear how many of these casualties are foreigners, though cooperation with other countries on identifying the victims is expected to begin in the coming days.

Many people, including many government and intelligence officials, point to the extremist monarchist group 'Next' as the organisers of these terrorist attacks. And the terrifying precision with which the explosives were detonated seems to support these statements. The terrorist group which was founded in the aftermath of the Iravian Civil War has not yet taken responsibility for their most recent terrorist attack. But many people believe that this will happen within four to five weeks from today.

While the list of casualties of the Heijden terrorist attack remains classified, there have been two confirmed casualties already. These casualties are federation president Jan Douwe Volkerink, who suffered many life threatening injuries. And his vice-president Ruben van Eerd who was immediately killed as a result of the massive shockwave created by the bomb. Both men were present in the Rama Tower during the time of the attacks. They were scheduled to attend a conference on interal Federation matters on the fifthteenth floor when the first device was set off only meters behind the vice-president, who was standing in front of a holographic map during the last moments of his life. His body has not yet been recovered but it is expected that not much has been left intact because of the shockwave.

Federation president Volkerink, who was in the exact same room during the time of the first explosion, albeit on the opposite side of the room. Has been mortally wounded. Although the shockwave that was created by the explosion was not enough to immediately kill the president, it was enough to destroy his hearing, severely damage his brains, and break many of his bones. As a result of the explosion shrapnel was sent flying through the conference room, many of these shrapnel pieces have hit president Volkerink in his chest - around his heart and his lungs and in his head.

His situation is critical and it remains unclear whether the president shall survive or not. In the meantime, while the vice-president is killed and president Volkerink remains hospitalized. The Secretary of Finances Steven Lindgren shall take the position of Federation President. Lindgren shall hold this position until Volkerink has made a full recovery or more likely has been confirmed dead.

The Atmoran Diplomat
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Atmoran Diplomat » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:16 pm

Prime Minister Campbell shot!
Police standing outside a taped-off building in downtown Alexandria

Cynthia van Kessel (
@CvKessel)
20 January 2073 | Alexandria, Atmora

Today the Prime Minister of Atmora along with her security detail have been shot outside of the Alexandria Imperial Theatre. After leaving the theatre the Viscountess Campbell waved to the crowd when suddenly five shots were heard two Scepter 3 agents were shot while one of the Scepter 3 agents grabbed the Prime Minister and threw the Lady Campbell in the car while laying on top of her per protocol in case of another assassination attempt as the PM's car sped away to the Cadworth Manor until the Viscountess began coughing up blood and was taken to the hospital.

In response to this Deputy Prime Minister Elizabeth Veltmate has made a brief public appearance to conciliate the public and the international community.

"I can reassure this nation and a watching world that the Atmoran government is functioning fully and effectively. We've had full and complete communications throughout the day."

At 5:20 p.m. the Prime Minister has been taken out of surgery after doctors had to remove a logged bullet that barely missed her heart after ricocheting off her rib and will be expected to make a full recovery. At 6:45 several minutes after regaining consciousness the Prime Minister embraced her two year old daughter; the Honorable Eleanor Campbell along with her parents.

Atmoran Confederation
“Splendor sine occasu”
Co-Founder and President
Heliste

Irav
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Irav » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:31 pm

General News Update #1

Anna Ruiter (@ARuiter)

Death of Jan-Douwe Volkerink.

President Volkerink has passed away this morning in the hospital, after he had succumbed to his wounds. The news was made public by his close relatives after they, in agreement with the doctors, agreed to unplug the president from his life support systems. According to the president his personal doctors there was no medical technology in the world that could have saved president Volkerink from his severe wounds. It was reported that most vital brain functions had ceased a mere 10 minutes after the explosion sent shrapnel through his body. As soon as the president had reached the hospital he had been kept in an artificially induced coma to preserve as much of his consciousness as possible. Though this too could not safe the president.

The family of president Volkerink has stated that even if the president could have survived. His brain was damaged to the point that he could not have done anything by himself. This eventually convinced them to have him pass away in peace, giving him the heroes death that a man with of his standing deserves.

The funeral has been planned sometime during the upcoming week. The family too has let us know that this event is to be a private and closed event for close friends and family only. Also today, the government has announced a day of mourning for the death of the president and military hero. Over the coming months memorials will spring up in cities and villages honouring the president. Civilians are given the possibility to pay their respects at those memorials with flowers or simply a moment of silence.

Harrevelts sworn in as president.
    Shortly after president Volkerink was announced to have died a new president was sworn in. On the steps of the Assembly of Worlds president Eelco Harrevelts took the oath of office. And with the oath that he took he had one clear message to the world. ‘’Don’t stand in our way.’’ With that statement he was referring to the manhunt that was initiated after the Heijden terrorist attack that killed both the president and the vice-president. In his short speech he too said ‘’If you attack our Irav there is no safe haven for you. You cannot run from us. We will find you, we will track you down, and we will obliterate you’’.

These are strong words spoken by the new president of Irav. It is also a strong indication that things are about to change drastically in the Iravian Federation.

Irav
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Irav » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:17 pm

General News Update #2

President Eelco Harrevelts (Left), the Martian capital city (Right)

Anna Ruiter (
@ARuiter)

The Parliament is Fired!

Today the Iravian president, Eelco Harrevelts, was summoned by his secretaries for what they called an urgent meeting that was deemed to be of the utmost importance. According to an eye-witness the Federation President was presented with a drastic ultimatum signed by nearly all of his secretaries, including those of the department of Finance, Safety and Justice, Health, Internal Affairs, Education, External Affairs, and Science and Development among others. Shortly after entering the conference room and taking a seat, he was presented with the ultimatum, which he proceeded to read very carefully. Reportedly the president replied very calmly if this was indeed what the secretaries wished him to comply with. An audio recording of the whole ordeal has been found and subsequently published on many media outlets, causing widespread outrage on all sides of the political spectrum.

Harrevelts: If I understand this correctly, and please correct me if I don’t, you wish for me to resign the office of president within forty-eight hours or I will be subject to an impeachment process.

Secretary of Health: This is indeed correct mister President. You have understood our demands perfectly. We demand your resignation within two days, or we will begin with the impeachment process.

Harrevelts: For good measure. Do all of you wish for me to resign? Or are there any of you who have remained loyal to the federation and its president?

Secretary of Education: We do not have time for this! This chamber demands your resignation, this question is utterly ridiculous and unimportant!

Harrevelts: Do not speak to me in such a manner! For the coming forty-eight hours I shall be your president and I demand some respect! Now, we still have more than forty hours left. There is more than enough time for a simply question. Who in this room does not wish to see my resignation?

*A couple of secretaries raise their hands in near absolute silence as they receive judging looks from the others in the room*

Harrevelts (After everyone lowered their hands): At least there are some loyal souls in my cabinet and you will be rewarded accordingly. You are allowed to stay. As for everyone else here. I will await your resignation within six hours. Failure to comply with this demand will result in your being charged with treason. Now get out!

Secretary of Finance: Mister President, you have no legal authority to do this!

Secretary of Justice: The law states that only a court can sentence someone!

Secretary of War: Our demand remains. You cannot charge us with treason. You shall resign right now or face impeachment!

Harrevelts: I have no legal power to charge you with treason? Perhaps I was not clear enough. An armed service member shall escort you out of the building. You will be going straight to jail!

*The room is filled with shouts of protest as a dozen marines enter the room in force and remove all aforementioned secretaries.*

Harrevelts offers Atmorans a deal!

In close collaboration with the sovereign government of Mangala, the newly appointed Secretary of Space and Exploration, the Secretaries of Internal and External Affairs, the Secretary of Internal Relations, and a representative of the United Forces Space Command, the Iravian government has extended an offer to its Atmoran counterpart. This offer that was delivered to Her Majesties Government this evening by the Iravian ambassador. In this offer the Iravian government proposes a deal for the unification of the planet Mangala (Mars, Sol IV) that is located roughly seventy-five million kilometers from Earth (Terra, Sol III).

Inside this offer that was presented to Her Majesties Government are several detailed scenarios developed and improvised by the Department of Internal Affairs, the UFSC, and the Department of Economic Affairs for Iravian unification of the Red planet. These carefully crafted scenarios include all possibilities and difficulties that could come with a possible unification, including the eventual transfer of government, the rights and options of all citizens currently living in the Atmoran zone, extensive compensation for the Atmoran empire either through territory, material wealth, or something else, and the implication for the wider world among other consequences.

Even though neither the Iravian nor the Atmoran government have yet released an official statement on the matter, we shall keep you informed on the latest developments and happenings regarding this possibly historical moment.

North Timeria
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby North Timeria » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:42 pm

200 Eumians Welcomed to North Timeria
President Raso arriving to greet the refugee

Ariel Valentine (
@AValentine)
Febuary 12th, 2073 | Infinity, North Timeria

Today President Raso welcomed in 200 refugees from Eumia, mostly children and those that had priority of some sort based on a need in North Timeria. For nearly 7 years NORIA has been running an operation to get Eumia back on track and allow it to become a fully fledged colony of North Timeria. Currently, North Timeria is taking in 25,000 refugees a year and even more are being resettled in various cities in both the Wolf and Neo systems.

Many of these children have lived in hazardous conditions and will take some time to adjust to life in North Timeria. President Raso met with the group in a very informal session with a few reporters around to capture the scene. Many of them were smiling and cheering as the President welcomed them.

NORIA has also established the Eumian Guard, a force of about 30,000 Eumians that are working to establish themselves in the North Timerian armed forces. They will operate as an active duty Colonial Guard Unit once NORIA hands over command of the operation. After Operation Redux is complete the unit will return to normal reserve operations.

Also in the news, Congress has passed a bill limiting the number of terms a president can serve to 3. This can be served consecutively or split up. President Raso is expected to sign later this week; officially making this her last time in office. Most of the growth by the Global Action Group has been contributed to Raso’s historic presidency and her achievements while in power. No one has mentioned running just yet but many people have their thoughts on who will give it a go. The Global Action Group has already stated that they don’t plan to have anyone from their party run after Raso’s term but have agreed to support a candidate from another party.

Last edited by North Timeria on Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Atmoran Diplomat
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Atmoran Diplomat » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:32 am

An Address from the
Governor of Terra Alexandria

City of New Alexandria

Cynthia van Kessel (
(@CvKessel))
18 February 2073 | Alexandria, Atmora

His Excellency the Viscount of Karthspire, Governor of Terra Alexandria has made his address, addressing the topic of the Atmoran colony on Mars joining with the Iravian Colony of Mangala. Lord Karthspire has stated he will not be the one to lose the Empress; Mars. Lord Karthspire as stated the reason why he will not allow the loss of Terra Alexandria is that losing the colony would impact the Sol Imperial Fleet and multiple Atmoran Crown Corporations currently operating in and around Mars the largest being: defence contractors, shipbuilding, and mining and relocation of such operations would be costly and be utterly detrimental to the Atmoran economy and war machine.

Along with the recent events happening in the Iravian Federation making the Iravians appear undemocratic and that their civil war to overthrow a tyrant, instead just put another tyrant upon the throne with a different title. Lord Karthspire implores to Lady Campbell to ignore President Harrevelt's demand of unifaction between the two colonies, in the name of protecting the citizens of Terra Alexandria and the Empire from the ill effects of this unification.
Atmoran Confederation
“Splendor sine occasu”
Co-Founder and President
Heliste

Irav
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Irav » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:27 pm

Martial law Declared!

An armoured column driving from their baracks to town

Anna Ruiter (
@ARuiter)
2 February 2074 | Westerkwartier, Irav

Yet another news video begins playing, as the news anchor and the studio disappear from view. This time around the video shows us the building of the Iravian supreme court. The news reporter who is standing in front of the supreme court building says that any moment now the president could begin his announcement, it is still unknown what his message is, but it is very important as most high-ranking government officials, military leaders, and judges have been forced to attend.

Inside the building of the supreme court is a large court room, in this room (in the very back of it) is a long wooden table with nine chairs placed behind it. Where in any normal court session these seats would be taken up by the judges, they are all empty now, except for the middle one. In the middle chair overlooking the entire room and all high-ranked Iravian officials is one man. President Eelco Harrevelts. Everyone in the room looks shocked and disturbed at what is about to unfold. Once president Harrevelts begins talking the room becomes dead silent, apart from the calm and demanding voice of the president.

‘’For an undisclosed amount of time I have decided to declare a state of martial law. This state of national emergency shall take effect tomorrow morning and shall be implemented on all member worlds. A curfew too shall be implemented to enforce the martial law. No one is allowed on the streets between 9 o’clock in the afternoon and 6 o’clock in the morning. Failure to comply with this law shall result in severe punishment. In addition the following rights too shall be suspended.’’

‘’Right to assemble, suspended.’’ *Knock*

‘’Right to fair trial, suspended.’’ *Knock*

‘’Right to vote, suspended.’’ *Knock*

‘’Right to habeas corpus, suspended.’’ *Knock* *Knock*

North Timeria
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby North Timeria » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:48 am

President Raso Address Media on Situation in Irav

Aneya Raso

Mya Burton (
(@MBurton))
February 19th, 2073 | Infinity, North Timeria

Today President Raso announced that North Timeria would be accepting asylum seekers from Irav through a new program set up to assist those who have been negatively impacted by President Eelco Harrevelts actions. This has also been extended to family members of those facing prosecution. President Raso took her time to express her concerns and denounce the actions of President Harrevelts. Raso stated that "We will continue to watch the situation as it develops and respond accordingly. We would like to reach out to President Harrevelts and bring this crisis to an end as soon as possible." The North Timerian diplomats have been put on high alert and are being advised to stay within walking distance of the embassy and be available 24/7. Citizens of North Timeria are being advised to return back for their own safety and to avoid further incident.

The Atmoran Diplomat
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Atmoran Diplomat » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:29 pm

Katherine II expands Extraterrestial opportunities

HIM Empress Katherine II

Cynthia van Kessel (
(@CvKessel))
4 February 2074 | Alexandria, Atmora

Today Her Majesty has given the orders to the Imperial High Command to start allowing Vrakyan recruits into the ranks of the Unified Atmoran Armed Forces and the formation of new Vrakyan and Atmoran mixed units. Along with allowing Vrakyan recruits Katherine II has given orders to Military Governor Lady Praas to gradually give more responsibilities to the future 1st Vrakyan Fleet of the United Atmoran Space Command to serve as the main fleet to protect Vrakyan space and to maintain Imperial control within the systems. Katherine II has also appointed former Fleet Master Eza 'Musov whom fought against Vice Admiral Charles Burke's 9th Fleet during the Atmoran-Vrakyan War as an advisor to Grand Admiral Lord Alphen to support the integration of Vrakyan servicemen into UAF ranks, along with the promotion to the rank of Rear-Admiral in the UASC.

Along with being able to serve within the military, Katherine II has allowed Vrakyans to freely travel within her realm repealing former regulations in placed by the Department of Colonial and Extraterrestrial Affairs.
Last edited by The Atmoran Diplomat on Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Atmoran Confederation
“Splendor sine occasu”
Co-Founder and President
Heliste

Irav
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Irav » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:14 pm

General News Update #3

Troops arresting high-ranked officials in the Neder-Betuwe

Anna Ruiter (
@ARuiter)
9 February 2074 | Westerkwartier, Irav

Federation borders now closed.

The borders have been closed, or so we have been told by a spokesperson of the government. From now on out no beings are allowed to enter or leave Federation territory. This means that thousands of tourists are still stuck within Federation borders and that millions of Iravians now find themselves unable to return home.

Closing all interstellar borders comes as no surprise for many citizens, who saw it comming after martial law was announced earlier this week. This move stripped billions of Federation subjects of most of their political and human rights, such as the right to vote, habeas corpus, and that to a fair trial. This only causes the Harrvelts administration to take more power at the cost of the parliament.

The Secretary of Foreign Affairs has urged all nations to send all Iravian citizens back home. ‘’There are still thousands of Iravian nationals in foreign countries, and we want them to come back home. This is the beginning of a new era and we all need to come together as a nation to witness it.’’ the spokesperson from the secretary has stated. He too has told us in a press conference that in return for sending back Iravian nationals that the Iravians would send all foreign beings back to their home country.

Political leaders arrested.

*Footage begins playing. A dark-green army truck stops in front of a rather large complex here on Earth. In the back of the truck are several well-equipped troops armed with their normal equipment and camouflage uniforms. As soon as the truck comes to a standstill the troops jump out of the back of the truck and proceed to set up a perimeter around the front of the building as other troops quickly make their way to the front door. The door is quickly broken down and the Iravian troops are entering the building.

A couple of minutes later shots can be heard coming from the building and the soldiers exit with a man who was later identified by the news network to be the president of the Vaals republic. The president is held by his arms by two of the soldiers and is dragged to the car, there are a few blood stains on his clothes.*

Around the Iravian Federation high-ranked political members are being arrested. Presidents, kings, prime-ministers, vice-presidents, senators, judges, representatives, etc. All have been shown as they were dragged out of their offices and houses across the Iravian state. It has been said that the president as the commander-in-chief has ordered these arrests, even though he has no legal authority to do so, though this too is about to change.

The president has said that he is simply doing away with an outdated form of government. That democracy is an outdated and rotten system and that nations that use it put themselves in danger. ‘’Irav is in need of a strong leader, not someone who has been elected by morons and who barely knows how to read. In a democracy you are trying to run a circus from a monkey cage with your hands tried behind your back. It is time to change that.’’

With nearly all rights suspended, borders closed, and with the opposition out of the picture it is only a matter of time for the Irav as we know it to cease to exist. Only time will tell us when.
Last edited by Irav on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Conner
Minister

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Conner » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:05 pm

Swanner Condemns Iravian Admin, Calls for Transparency

President Joshua Swanner delivers an address regarding the state of affairs in Irav

James Stoker (
@JStoker)
February 10th, 2074 | Conner City, United States of Conner

Today, President Joshua Swanner gave the first statement on behalf of the Connerian government regarding the current situation in Irav. During a press briefing by the Media Secretary, Mr. Swanner took the podium to read a prepared statement and answer a few questions. The full video of his statement is included below, with a transcript below.
      Footage begins to play. The President of the United States of Conner is shown in front of a podium, wearing a black suit with a blue tie and a Connerian flag lapel pin. His slightly greying hair is styled as always. He carries no paper or tablet, and unseen by everyone in the room, his address is shown on his retinal display.

"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. I hope you're all well. Would everyone please take their seats?"

A bit of shuffling occurs as reporters who had stood to ask questions or take photos sat back down. Swanner waits until everyone has obeyed, and then continues.

"Thank you. Once again, good morning. Over the past week or so, the United States has been following closely the events taking place in Irav. Without a doubt, what has transpired in one of the world's oldest nations is troubling, to say the least. As always the Connerian government will continue to push for a peaceful democracy representing the people in Irav. When one man decides the fate of an entire nation, with nobody else having a say, well, we tend to call that tyranny. Mr. Harrevelt's actions seem to suggest a consolidation of power that is, to say the least, discomforting. Connerians, as we always have and always will, support those in Irav who support the voice of the people. We condemn tyranny in all its forms. Unlike Mr. Harrevelt, we have faith in the Iravian people, that they are not morons, and that they will continue to fight for what is right and just. At this point, I'll be taking a few questions."

The reporters all raise their hands, and Swanner calls on someone in the second row. A woman wearing a professional black-and-white dress stands. "Mr. President, Kathryn Davis, Hyperion Post. Can you comment on the Connerians currently stuck inside Irav?"

Swanner nods. "Sure. Our first priority, obviously, is ensuring the safety and security of all Connerians currently in Irav. We're currently working to get them out as soon as possible. We have a location for every Connerian currently in the country. As the Iravian Secretary of Foreign Affairs stated, allowing Iravians to return to Irav will be our start. We will not force Iravians to return, obviously, but any Iravian citizen who wishes to return home will not be stopped by us."

Davis nods and the reporters type frantically as another round of askers raise their hand. The lucky man this time stands, wearing a white suit. "Mr. President, Jonathon Harper, wire.net. Will you be accepting asylum-seekers from Irav?"

Swanner is clearly used to being grilled. "The policy at Connerian embassies is to take in any asylum seeker and allow them to try and prove that they need asylum. If you are in Irav, and you feel threatened or unsafe, come to the Connerian embassy. We'll have asylum paperwork there. As for Iravians currently living in the USC, they can report to their local SHIELD office, where they can speak to someone about their options. We hope to be a beacon to those around the world who are silenced, a light out of darkness. Lux e Tenebris. Last question?"

Swanner points to another man. He stands, wearing a black suit with a red tie. "Mr. President, given the current climate after the terror attacks in Irav and the crackdown on freedom there, how do you feel about the security of the Connerians who are there right now?"

Swanner nods again. "Its recommended that all Connerians in Irav report to the nearest Connerian embassy or consulate. We don't want to take any unnecessary risks as this situation continues to unfold. Thank you, everyone."

The room stands as Swanner, accompanied by three Special Services guards, exits the room.
    Following this address, the Connerian government restated that though they would not force Iravians to return to Irav, they would expedite the return of those who wanted to go home. In return, it is expected that Connerian citizens currently within the country be allowed to return home.

More on this story as we have it.
Guns are tools, not toys.

The Atmoran Diplomat
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Atmoran Diplomat » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:55 pm

Katherine II orders massive show of force
Empress Katherine II delivers an address regarding the February Crisis

Anne Fredriksen (
@AFredriksen)
12 February 2074 | Alexandria, SA

Today, Katherine II addressed the current situation happening within the Iravian Federation, Her Imperial Majesty has assured those Atmorans in Irav that her government is working on a way to make sure they'll see their homeland once again. Along with that Katherine II has issued a warning to the Harrevelts Administration that if a single Atmoran is harmed in any way that Her Majesty's Armed Forces will not hesitate to retaliate. Katherine II has issued an order to begin deportation of Iravians however those with dual citizenship or long-stay visas or immigrant visas will not be forced to leave.

Along with that order Katherine II has ordered the United Atmoran Navy's 3rd Fleet and the Mizuho Imperial Navy's 5th Fleet to leave port and begin military training in the Valkryia Ocean as well as ordering two Carrier Battle Groups led by the HMS Winter's Embrace and Lorraine to set sail towards the Iravian Ocean.
Last edited by The Atmoran Diplomat on Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Atmoran Confederation
“Splendor sine occasu”
Co-Founder and President
Heliste

Irav
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Irav » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:16 am

Deals and Invasions!

Iravian marines conducting a landing on Medun island

Anna Ruiter (
@ARuiter)
22 February 2074 | Westerkwartier, Irav

Today the Iravian foreign secretary has announced that a deal has been reached with the Austrum-Tytanian government. This deal has been all about the fate of Austrum-Tytanian tourists that are currently stuck within Iravian territory, which number somewhere between one-hundred-eighty and one-hundred-ninety in total, though the exact number of tourists remains unknown. A spokesperson of the Department of Foreign Affairs has announced that all tourists that wish to leave the Iravian Federation a free to do so, and flights have already been scheduled from the Westerkwartier International Airport.

This diplomatic success comes after a streak of aggression and otherwise undiplomatic behavior from the Iravian state, which after martial law was declared had closed its borders entirely, trapping thousands of tourists within Iravian territory. Experts hope that this deal signals the end of martial law in Irav and that the diplomatic approach will be more likely to be used in the future.

However, this deal just like so many others before it comes at a price. Under the agreement that was signed by both governments, the two countries agreed to partition what are known as the Nikshitz islands as they are known to the Iravians. In the deal it has been decided that Austrum-Tytanis shall occupy and annex the largest island of the three, while the Iravians agreed to occupy and incorporate the smaller two islands of the archipelago. Through these two islands the Iravian Federation comes in control of one of the entrances to the Iravian ocean. From these islands it can enforce its will and decline access to the ocean for all hostile and otherwise dangerous vessels.

The annexation and incorporation of the Nikshitz islands comes in the middle of the Atmoran carrier crisis, in which the HMS Winter's Embrace and HMS Lorraine sail towards the Iravian continent to put pressure on the Harrevelts administration for refusing their citizens the right to leave.

Though for the first time since Eelco Harrevelts took the presidency a diplomatic mission has proven a success, it is expected to be met with incredible backlash from the international community. Whether this will lead to more diplomatic solutions in the future remains yet to be seen, however experts consider it to be very likely that this trend will continue.
Last edited by Irav on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Atmoran Diplomat
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Atmoran Diplomat » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:14 pm

2nd Carrier Division to Nikshitz, Katherine II calls for summit!

HMS Winter's Embrace and her escorts

Anne Fredriksen (
@AFredriksen)
22 February 2074 | Alexandria, Atmora

Today Grand Admiral Lord Alphen has announced that the 2nd Carrier Division, Imperial Jade Fleet shall change objectives and head to the Nikshitz Islands to put pressure on the Iravian Government. Lord Alphen has stated this course of action shall halt the advanced the 2nd Carrier Division while Katherine II and the Department of Foreign Affairs can work out a diplomatic solution and the possible release of Her Majesty's subjects still trapped within the Federation.

Eline Veltmaat, Minister of Foreign Affairs:

I'm pleased to announce that Her Imperial Majesty the Empress wishes to open negotiations for the release of her subjects within the Iravian Federation. Along with the possibility for President Jack Thorne of Austrum-Tytanis to hold the meeting in his capital, for she believes that it would best to resolve the Atmoran Carrier Crisis along with the February Crisis on neutral grounds.

The Department of National Defence has announced that once negotiations go through that the 2nd Carrier Division will be recalled back to their home port of Miyazaki.
Last edited by The Atmoran Diplomat on Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atmoran Confederation
“Splendor sine occasu”
Co-Founder and President
Heliste

The Atmoran Diplomat
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Atmoran Diplomat » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:31 am

Admiral Lady Praas flexes muscle in Puelsesh!

UASC Sword of Damocles above Faeoria

Anne Fredriksen (
@AFredriksen)
5 April 2074 | Alexandria, Atmora

Faeorian Kaidons in the Puelsesh System have refused to allow Admiral Lady Praas' plans for a democratic society for the Kingdom of Vrakya. Fleet Admiral Eva Praas, the Countess Praas was appointed as the Supreme Imperial Commander, Vrakya after the victorious the Imperial 5th Fleet and the Procyon Fleet defeated the Vrakyans in the Atmoran-Vrakyan War. She is tasked with the reconstruction of the Kingdom of Vrakya to allow a better integration into Imperial fold.

After the Faeorian Kaidons refused to comply with the military governors reconstruction the Admiral has ordered the UASC Sword of Damocles a newly built Empress Katherine II-class battleship along with 3 battlecruisers, 7 heavy cruisers and numerous destroyers to jump to Faeoria and pressure the Faeorian Kaidons to comply to the demands of the Admiral or else the Battleship Battlegroup will be forced to forcibly remove the Kaidons from power.

After the arrival of the UASC Sword of Damocles most of the Kaidons have submitted to Imperial Rule, however some of the Kaidons were still non compliant with the Countess Praas. Per ordered Vice Admiral Adriaan Eulen had UASC Destroyers enter atmosphere along with sending Atmoran ODSTs to execute the Kaidons that refused to submit and to be made an example of for those Kaidons that refuse change.

After the execution of the non compliant Kaidons the Military Governor addressed the rest of the local lords in Vrakya that,

‘’Democracy is non negotiable!’’
Atmoran Confederation
“Splendor sine occasu”
Co-Founder and President
Heliste

Irav
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Irav » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:08 pm

Eelco Harrevelts has won the Presidential Elections!

The portrait of Primarch Harrevelts

Anna Ruiter (
@ARuiter)
1 January 2075 | Westerkwartier, Irav

''I will win, and I will leave a legacy.'' - Harrevelts, shortly before the election night.

''Elections matter, but how much they matter depends entirely on how free, open, and fair they are.'' - Tresoan ch'Iroth, on the 2075 elections after being asked if Harrevelts would be rigging the elections.

Billions of votes have been cast, counted, and processed yesterday in what is arguably the largest election ever in history. With the recently incorporated territories and worlds centered around Shi'Kahr more than eleven billion beings were able to cast their vote in the 2075 Iravian presidential elections. That is roughly five billion more beings than in the previous 2072 Iravian presidential elections.

The race was originally between three candidates, though only two of them were ever seriously considered to have had a chance at winning the office.

Eelco Harrevelts made a name for himself as the Praetor Maximus or the Magister Populi of the Iravian nation. He is a man that is not bothered by the actions of his allies and his enemies even less so. During his first year as president he oversaw the gradual shift from a direct democracy to a presidential dictatorship, and he has run on the promise to use his position to return Irav to its former glory utilizing through this less democratic way. Under his presidency a large part of national unity was restored as different species and beings were forced to work together under the new administration. This year has disgusted many older Iravians who clearly remember the early years of the Federation and the years of Justin Donovan in particular, while the younger generation seems more eager for another term with Harrevelts as the president.

Tresoan ch'Iroth had gathered a lot of fame after first announcing his candidacy for the 2075 presidential elections. His background story was a typical Iravian dream story. That of a mother and father raising a successful family against all odds, and now their oldest son would be running for one of the most powerful positions in the universe. ch'Iroth ran on a platform that would see Irav return to the golden years that the Federation saw under the likes of Amber Koningh and Justin Donovan. He has said that the nation has lost its way after the most recent military missions in Phanonn territory and the Cold War with the United States of Conner. Tresoan promised to end the Cold War and bring Irav back on track after what he called 'an utterly incompetent president'.

Avylla sh'Avyriq had dropped out of the election race at the last possible moment. She had taken this decision knowing that she could never win the Polyphemus vote from her political ally ch'Iroth, and that banding together against Mr. Harrevelts would be wiser than both of them running at the same time. As this could have given Mr. ch'Iroth the needed votes to de-throne the current president.

The 2075 presidential elections had one of the highest turnout rates of any election such far at 87%, this was contributed to the fact that there was a lot at stake during these elections. As it would decide if Irav would follow the dictatorial path under Harrevelts or the democratic path under ch'Iroth.

For a few hours long it looked as if the Harrevelts presidency would come to an end right there and then, as many of the systems voted in favour of ch'Iroth. With a marginal victory every now and then for president Harrevelts. However, during the later stages of the election the victory was for Eelco Harrevelts, after many decisive victories in his home system, Shi'Kahr, and H'Atoria.

Victory speech of Mr. Harrevelts.

''Growing up in Kampen with my friends and family, I learned that the idea of a presidential republic passing power on from one administration to the other every three years was archaic and outdated.

And that technology and innovation, instead of an inefficient bureaucracy, are what should be driving our nation forward.

It was the pathetic rule of incompetent presidents, kings, and emperors that caused the Federation to decent into such incredible disarray.

And in turn it has taken me more than five years to get it back on track.

There is no way I will allow my country to slip back into these dark ages.

Therefor I would like to make an announcement to the world: the Iravian Federation is hereby disbanded.

And from here on out all the government officials, unless instructed otherwise, are relieved from their positions and have no legal authority anymore.

I have created a new and stronger Iravian Union and I will continue to lead it into the future myself.

And I will bring about a new era of prosperity for my people.''

North Timeria
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby North Timeria » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:37 pm

3 Canditates Face Off

Image Image Image

As Aneya Raso’s presidency comes to a close 3 candidates have emerged as the front runners in a tightly contested race. Social Nation Group’s Lennox Hana, Global Action Party’s Damari Reeves, and Aubrina Negasi representing the Collective Egalitarian Party. Last night they squared off at the first presidential debate in Gracemeria at Cape Coral University. While many people are still undecided early polls show Hana at 32% with a slight lead over both Negasi and Reeves who both poll at 29%. Although Hana has the early led many are expecting a surge in the poles for Reeves as many pollers believe he won their debate last night.

Last night for Hana was a strong outing as he outlined his plans for a potential Presidency and his track record when it comes to social policy. Being a strong supporter of government run programs and increasing taxation to fund and subsidize. Hana has served in the government for over 25 years. Before becoming Kirin’s Regional Attorney he served as an attorney at different firms. He had served in the House and was North Timeria’s Attorney General during President Grey’s term.

While Hana’s future plans were perceived as good for the nation, the tax increase he proposed was not. While North Timerians support government programs they do not wish for another tax increase after Raso worked to lower taxes for North Timerian citizens and businesses.

Reeves who many saw as the winner of the debate used Raso’s historic presidency as fuel for his own. Being from the same party he promoted many of the same programs as Raso and promised to continue the upward trajectory. Which included keeping taxes low, expanding space operations, and global cooperation. One of the key topics at this years debate was the new relationship between Irav and North Timeria. While many would like to see Irav return to a democracy Reeves made it clear that it was not going to happen in the near future and that Timeria under Reeves would continue to revaluate their relationship.

One issue that the other candidates used against Reeves was his history while on the police force. Reeves is married singer Riya whose early career was filled with drama and a suicide attempt. During her performance at the 2062 Generation Now Music Awards she got into a verbal altercation with a rapper which ended in Reeves assaulting the rapper. No charges were pressed and Reeves continued to serve on the police force but the incident was seen by millions and there are countless recordings online.

Negasi also tried to sway voters before election day. While Negasi has been in the Senate going on 10 years she is one of the least popular senators. While her track record is commendable she doesn’t have any major things to push her campaign. Much of her promises included continuing success and investing further into North Timeria’s refugee program. Her stance on Irav includes taking those in who wish to leave the nation.

While it is still early all candidates have managed to find some success. All 3 have a strong campaign and lots of supporters across the country. All 3 have established headquarters and are reaching out to people using a variety of methods. Riya has also been active on the campaign trail with her husband. Many people expect him to draw in the younger vote, being the youngest and Riya’s career have allowed him to secure the majority of young voters.

Raso has also endorsed Damari Reeves and is expected to make appearances with his campaign later down the line. Hana also received a major endorsement from President Grey.

What has also peaked the interest of Timerians is the relationship between Irav and Atmora. While many support North Timeria distancing itself from Irav they question why Atmora is continuing to support ties with the new regime. While 71% of Timerians believe we should continue friendly relationships with Atmora almost 82% support us lobbying Atmora to not create closer ties with the dictatorship. While many don’t see either as a threat they want candidates that are proactive and willing to find solutions before things become major problems.

Another major topic of discussion was the Wecovian Civil War and the Astrol Islands Refugee Center Strike. Over 100,000 lost their lives in the unwarranted strike and all candidates denounced the attack in the strongest way and called for the Emperor and those involved to be put on trial. The attacks gave birth to bill 235, The Right To Protect & Intervene. Both Reeves and Negasi were vocal supporters and both worked to get traction for the bill. Both candidates took the opportunity to take shots at Hana over his lack of interest in the bill.

The candidates also discussed North Timeria’s foreign policy. As our Northern allies in the USC continue to develop an increasingly aggressive policy many people wish for North Timeria to stay neutral and flexible. Reeves supports continuing to increase ties with the USC and ensuring we maintain our economic ties. While the USC stands head to head against Irav and Harrevelts most North Timerians do not want to get directly involved.

The candidate's stance on what direction North Timeria should take when it comes to space was also discussed for a significant amount of the debate. While North Timeria has one of the largest space fleets and a number of off world colonies, North Timeria is a bit behind when it comes to sheer numbers. While under Raso NORIA tripled in size but after the increasing effort to secure Eumia the growth slowed. Now that Eumia is mostly secured many have supported an increase in expansion and another surge in growth similar to the one under Raso. Damari Reeves stated that “Now that Eumia is secure we should focus on expanding NORIA and our off world colonies. The Ryuu is the most powerful ship to date and NORIA should have more than 3 active.”

As operations in Eumia continue to wind down many are expecting the new Commonwealth to grow rapidly. Raso initiated Operation Blue Mountain which worked to secure the planet and support the surviving population while the planet was being redeveloped.

Many members of the military also participated and there was a unanimous consensus that North TImerian Air Force and Army was in need of new equipment. Both services have received new equipment but they emphasized the need for new infrastructure and logistical equipment. They also pointed out the need for the Dragon situation to be confronted. The Dragon has been in service for nearly 50 years and stocks are running low while the current active units are desperately in need of replacement. While NORIA has been getting new equipment of the regular Reeves stated that the North Timeria military needed a bit of a revamp and a new legacy. Many of North Timeria’s legacy weapons are in need of replacement and Reeves pointed out that he will initiate a plan to revamp their arsenal. Stating that it was time for “a new legacy”

Irav
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Irav » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:43 pm

The Lieseltany Government Collapses, Operation Klokhuis Commences.

The 44th Airborne Legion above Holwaard, the emergency capital of the new country

Anna Ruiter (
@ARuiter)
13 July, 2075 | Westerkwartier, Irav

For the past couple of months the Harrevelts administration has, with increased caution, kept an eye out on the deteriorating situation in the Lieseltany kingdom. It's respective government has fallen into disarray, and the crisis has stopped nearly all government and support programs such as welfare, health insurance, and education subsidies dead in its tracks. This has resulted in millions of citizens being thrown off their government support, which has only resulted in a further decline in the already diminishing standard of living. Apart from this, the collapse of the Lieseltany Central Bank has resulted in hyperinflation as fake and foreign currencies have been flooding the market for months now. A spokesperson of the Department of Foreign Affairs has called the situation ''Dire and disastrous.'' and has urged the national government to take immediate and resolute actions before the crisis in Irav's southern neighbour could spiral out of control and cause serious casualties among the already battered population.

It was little over a month ago when the first Iravian soldiers were sent to the troubled kingdom down south, after initial request had fell on deaf ears. Some international institutions governments have denounced the Harrevelts administration and have called this move and illegal invasion of a sovereign country. This while other governments and institutions have expressed their support for the Iravian actions and are happy that someone is willing to take responsibility for the situation in Lieseltany. As of two days ago more than twenty thousand troops have been dispatched to the region to distribute the supplies, medicine, and water that are flown in from the Iravian mainland to the local population.

Another spokesperson from the Iravian government, this time from the Department of Defense has said in a statement that in the event of a total government collapse, something which was deemed to be imminent, that the Iravian government would immediately resume all administrative, executive, and diplomatic responsibilities to not only its citizens but also the outside world. This statement too was met with a mixed worldwide reaction. Irav's enemies called yet another provocative move and an illegal invasion and occupation of a foreign country. Its friends on the other hand were happy to see that its larger and more developed neighbour was willing to take the massive burden of supporting a declining country upon themselves, instead of letting it turn out in a massive humanitarian disaster.

The moment of total collapse came today, as the last remains of the Lieseltany government and its military ceased to exist, leaving the country without any central authority. Upon this collapse the twenty thousand Iravian soldiers took it upon themselves to protect the civilians from the looting and the riots that ensued which have killed hundreds of rioters and civilians alike thus far.

One hour after the initial collapse of the Lieseltany state the Iravian Secretary of Defense Abhor th'Zeqos issued a statement that was broadcasted planet wide. Namely that Operation Klokhuis would commence within thirty minutes from now. This news was more than seven hours ago. In the meantime the United Forces have seized nearly all major cities such as Lieseltany Stad, Holwaard, Buitenpost, and Steenwijk hours ahead of the original schedule. As a result of the fast movement of troops and material many large cities fell without putting up much resistance, only in Buitenpost there were major clashes between United Forces soldiers and members of the local militias. During these initial clashes three soldiers were wounded and many militia members have been arrested and charged with crimes against the Iravian government.

Less than an hour ago the new Lieseltany civilian government touched down on the Stavoren National Airport close to Lieseltany Stad, after having departed from the Harlingen AFB on the Iravian mainland. The new civilian government has immediately resumed all diplomatic, executive, and administrative duties of the old and now collapsed government. The first decision that was taken by the new government was the implantation of a curfew. This was decided to ease the tensions in the country so proper law and order can be restored quickly.

We'll make sure to keep you updated on the situation in Lieseltany as it develops.
Last edited by Irav on Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North Timeria
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby North Timeria » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:06 pm

President Raso Signs 2 Landmark Bills

Today President Raso signed 2 bills into effect. The Space Expansion & Rights Bill and Right to Protect Act were both signed into effect this afternoon. These 2 bills were lead through congress by the Global Action Party with major support from the Universal Rights Group and the Rational Future Party. At the signing party leader Damari Reeves stood behind the President as cameras flashed.

The Space Expansion and Rights Bill was a collective of different ambitions in the government from NORIA to the North Timerian Mining Association. This bill includes increased funding for NORIA and approval to commence NORIA Expansion II. NORIA Expansion II is a continuation of Raso’s 1st expansion in 2067 which saw its goals meet 2 years ahead of time. This expansion is much more ambitious and Raso expects Reeves to continue this trajectory after her term ends. After the introduction of the Sangheili into the North Timerian Commonwealth many in both the government and military have supported expanding North Timeria’s presence across the galaxy. This includes additional journeys to the Neo System and colonization of all habitable planets within the system. The bill also allowed private companies to conduct exploration missions outside of Timerian controlled space.

NORIA stumbled across Sanghelios following the Ryuu's deep space exploration mission. When artificial instillation were discovered in the system NORIA came into contact with the Sangheili, which had already developed it's system and operated warships in the solar system. While they did not yet have a true FTL engine they had been on the verge of a breakthrough and had tested them over a few years. NORIA has had relations with the Sangheili for 2 years before the public was aware of the species.

The most controversial part of the bill is the multi trillion bean plan to equip all NORIA ships with a Solar Jump Drive, used to quickly travel within a solar system. While many didn’t deny the need others were reluctant over the cost of the project.

The Right to Protect Bill was introduced after the Astrol Islands incident which saw over 100,000 lives lost in a savage attack from the Wecovian Emperor. This bill gives the President the power to use force when those wishing to flee to North Timeria are under threat. The bill also included the right to launch preemptive strikes if a potential threat arises. This bill was pushed through congress with nearly unanimous support from each party.
Last edited by North Timeria on Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North Timeria
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby North Timeria » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:40 pm

After 60 years of service the SZ-21 Dragon will be replaced by the R3KT. The Dragon has been the primary assault rifle of all North Timerian services for nearly 50 years and has recently been serving alongside the BR-55. With North Timerian forces role expanding and greater threats emerge leaders from each branch came to a consensus that a new weapon platform was needed to replace the Dragon. The R3KT was designed for all branches and their needs. This is the first time an energy based weapon will see widescale use in the North TImerian armed forces.

The R3KT was designed to be used in any situation and is mission programmable. The rifle’s main selling point was its effectiveness in any scenario and this fit well with North Timeria’s armed forces new mission goal. The R3KT can also be plugged into the North Timerian Daedalus Battle Network. The encryption has also been stepped up to par with the rest of the network which General Kailes describe as “...trying to reach the core of the sun.”

The rifle was designed by Venusystems whose CEO is a graduate of Greenhouse Academy. Emery Anderson spent most of her youth in and out of trouble before being admitted into Greenhouse Academy where she was apart of the Raven program. She began sketching weapons at a young age and has stated that the R3KT was designed when she was just 17 years old. The weapon was designed to make a soldiers fall in love with it and be able to accomplish any task it was assigned. It underwent testing with different units including a Eumian guard unit. The R3KT received high praise from all units and the only negative being the guns delayed burst fire mode which Venusystems has agreed to fix. NORIA has also assigned the rifle to be its primary assault rifle.

North Timeria
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby North Timeria » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:51 pm

Yesterday there were multiple reports of NORIA being involved in an off world conflict to defend Sanghelios. NORIA’s Strike Force Neo made first contact in the Urs system after a hostile fleet ravaged multiple Sangheili installations. The hostile force were identified by the Sangheili as the Aiva, which have become a problem over the last few years. The Aiva have used their superior technology to jump into the Urs system and raid Sangheili targets with impunity. After the attacks NORIA followed them back to their home system where they engaged them in a battle on the outskirts of their home system.

While outnumbered the fleet managed to defeat the hostile raiding party without any losses before moving in and engaging their home fleet; lead by the NORIA Orochi a Ryuu supercarrier. Under the command of the Orochi’s Captain Allan Henry the fleet managed to break through their orbital defense and decimate their remaining ships before retreating back to the Urs system with light damage to the fleet. Captain Henry invited them to the negotiation table but they have yet to respond.

The Sangheili have mostly been in panic following the event as their fear of the Aiva have put their military forces into full alert. The Sangheili believe the Aiva will return and seek revenge before accepting any peace. NORIA has set up additional fleets in the Urs system to support our new allies and have continued to survey the Aiva’s home system.

This was also the first engagement by the newly formed Special Combat Air Recon(SCAR) team; NORIA’S own special forces unit. The special forces unit was formed after the NORIA Expansion II which required NORIA to have 2 operational special forces units at all times. SCAR team uses a variety of tactics to engage in both space and ground combat. Their primary weapons are the XFA-21/SCAR a highly modified version of the Manta II designed specifically for SCAR team. SCAR team also operated the NM-3 Mech. Both were used in the battle but no details have been reported. Admiral Monty has stated that “Footage from the battle will be released at a latter date for public viewing. We are currently assessing the film and ensure that it is okay for release.”

Admiral Monty was also asked about the effectiveness of the SCAR team. “They are the most effective and lethal special forces unit in the universe… They...They were amazing. They have a bright future ahead and I’m just glad they’re on our side.”

North Timeria
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby North Timeria » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:42 pm

Reeves Elected

President-Elect Damari Reeves and his wife Riya Reeves on election night

Leo Conney (
@AFredriksen)
November 27th, 2075 | Infinity, North Timeria

After a tightly contested race Global Action Party's Damari Reeves has pulled out as the victor. Last weeks election was the largest in North Timerian history with over 7 billion votes counted and over 1,000 local government elections. As Raso's prepares to leave office in the coming weeks many are expecting a smooth transition as both are representing the same party. The Global Action Party had already prepared the process. Chair of the party Tom Bellas stated that "I had so much confidence in Reeves and so did Raso... We knew with what Raso had done for this country victory was all but assured...After that poll a few weeks before the election showed Damari as the front-runner we knew... We all did."

The party had been preparing for this day and it seems to have paid off. Reeves has already formed his cabinet and has confirmed nothing from this platform would be changing. Reeves was much more transparent during the election policy and what some saw as a weakness he took advantage of the spotlight. During the early stages of the process, Reeves confirmed that there was a plan to defend Sanghellios and an invasion planned within the first 100 days of his Presidency.

While Reeves was not specific on the target, many suspects it to be our eastern neighbor Estovakia. Just across the Timerian strait, the Oslo regime has recently cracked down on the people after a series of democratic protest, including one where police gunned down a crowd of people. Damari Reeves is on record saying that "Estovakia is in a horrible state right now and no one should be living that way in the 22nd century."

Also recently announced Damari Reeves has decided that it would be best that North Timeria cut diplomatic ties with Irav. Following the start of Harrevelts regime, Damari stated that "We have no reason to associate with them or even recognize them...It's disappointing to see what was once a great nation take a step back because of one man."

Many in Reeves cabinet come from different parties and have a variety of ideologies. Even with this Reeves promised a unified front and ensured the best person for the job was selected.
Last edited by North Timeria on Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates