NATION

PASSWORD

International District [IC, TWI]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Costavozka
Spokesperson

Founded: May 17, 2022
Corrupt Dictatorship

Costavozka-Najimam Negotiations (Closed-Door)

Postby Costavozka » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:41 pm

The Western Isles International District
24 November, 2022, 10:00 AM

International Building
Conference Room, 5th Floor

Chief Ambassador Mark Costava entered the 5th floor conference room, awaiting the upcoming negotiations, the Island Guards security detail left at the door- his personal detail from Costavozka remained at the airport. As anyone who had not been living under a rock for the last few months could tell you, relations between the People's Republic of Costavozka and the Theocracy of Najimam- two countries of relatively close proximity- had been stressed- to say the least- as of late. It was his job to try and mend those broken bonds. Thus his presence in this room at this very moment. The delegation from Najimam was due to arrive soon, and as such, he pushed what little personal feelings he had about this meeting aside to focus on his manners and the goals set for him by his (second) cousin and Chancellor. As such, he ensured his tie was straight and his black suit was unwrinkled, preparing for the moment when the delegation from Najimam would arrive.
Last edited by Costavozka on Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
|| The Truth of Costavozka: February 29, 2024: MOST RECENT ARTICLE | Islands American Football Association - Costavozkan Corsairs win Isles Bowl against United Partitions Emperors. | Costavozkan Government Refuses to Recognize Lesvan State Under Marshal Iuna Scadi. | Forén-5 set to launch to Port Sagitta on March 3rd, Forén-6 and Forén-7 begin planning. ||

This Nation Does Not Represent My Views and NS Stats are Non-Canon
I'm Probably TWI's Resident Most Frequent F7 User

Najimam
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 12, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Najimam » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:57 am

24 November, 2022

International Building

A few minutes later, Raoui Hikaya, the president of Najimam's International District diplomatic office entered the room with Ammar Imara, chief of Najimam's business diplomacy office. Imara could see optimism all over Hikaya's face, but he was a bit skeptical.

Hikaya greets Mark Costava with a big smile on his face:
"Peace be upon you, mister Costava. To be honest with you, throughout my diplomatic career, I have never been as optimistic as today. I am confident that this meeting will be the start of a new chapter between the two nations, and I hope that our proposals will meet your approval."

He turns to his colleague:
"Ammar Imara, chief of our business diplomacy office. He will help us in negotiating various trade suggestions and proposals to reach a satisfying agreement."

Imara then speaks, putting his skepticism aside:
"Peace be upon you mister Costava, I would like to say that I'm an admirer of Costavozka's honorable Chancellor and his approach to trade and business. I believe that today is a golden opportunity for both of us to achieve a historic agreement. We thank you for giving us the chance to meet in person."

Hiyaka adjusts his seat and then proceeds to start the meeting:
"In the name of Allah and peace be upon his prophet, we start this new chapter.
First and foremost, we would like to discuss previous tensions and how to get past them as quickly as possible. It is unfortunate how two geographically close nations have gotten into such stressful times. Najimam is ready to lift all travel and trade restrictions effective immediately. Additionally, we suggest the establishment of a shared council whose role is to promote peace, easen rapprochement between us and make sure we do not fall into such tensions again. That's for starters.
What do you think mister Costava?"
Last edited by Najimam on Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
.نحن قوم إذا أعطينا صبرنا، و إذا ٱبتلينا شكرنا

Proud member of The Western Isles.

Costavozka
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Costavozka » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:28 am

24 November, 2022

International Building

As the two delegates entered the room, Chief Ambassador Costava gave them both the professional warm smile of a diplomat, and as each of the pair gave their piece to start the meeting, he gave them his full attention. As Hikaya finished his final sentence, Ambassador Costava was ready to respond.

“And to the both of you gentlemen, I extend both my well wishes and sincere gratitude for you to come and meet me to make these important steps toward a more secure peace between our nations. On the topic of reducing previous tensions, I am happy to announce that Costavozka is both ready and willing to lift the travel and trade restrictions immediately. However, I have been asked to ensure that this is done gradually, to ensure that there is no due adverse effects from a rapid surge in trade and travel, if you both find this agreeable. As for the council, I believe that establishing embassies would be a much cheaper and effective option to preventing future tensions. I would also like to request— as a further step towards reducing tensions— an end to all aggressive military drills or other provocative action directed toward either of us, again, if you find this agreeable.”
|| The Truth of Costavozka: February 29, 2024: MOST RECENT ARTICLE | Islands American Football Association - Costavozkan Corsairs win Isles Bowl against United Partitions Emperors. | Costavozkan Government Refuses to Recognize Lesvan State Under Marshal Iuna Scadi. | Forén-5 set to launch to Port Sagitta on March 3rd, Forén-6 and Forén-7 begin planning. ||

Najimam
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Najimam » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:46 am

24 November, 2022

International Building

Hikaya's optimism and confidence continued to grow as he replied:
"Najimam does not mind lifting travel and trade restrictions gradually, we will be in contact with your delegation to confirm the time of each lifting.
We agree to establish embassies as soon as possible, they will have a big impact on our diplomatic relations. We already appointed Hadi Sahm to be our ambassador in Costavozka, and is ready when you give us the green light. We maintain the idea of having a shared council, but it is in our long term plans.
We also approve of ending all aggressive military drills or provocative actions immediately, and we would like to take a step further and talk about potential military cooperation.
Military cooperation would be very beneficial given that we are geographically close and each of the two nations could strengthen their military with weapons from the other nation and collaborate in defense solutions, research and manufacturing in the short and long term.
This matter is very important to us and has a big potential, we hope that you can see our vision mister Costava."

Hikaya and Imara briefly looked at each other, awaiting Costava's response.
Last edited by Najimam on Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Costavozka
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Costavozka » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:27 pm

24 November, 2022

International Building

As the meeting progressed, Costava felt a growing sense of optimism in regards to the meeting. The feeling was slowly spreading, even to him, despite his cautious nature. Perhaps they could end the day and the meeting with more than he and his superiors had believed would be done. Nonetheless, he still needed to be careful. One wrong word could have disastrous consequences, even if it was unintentional.

"Excellent, I should be able to ensure these embassies are set up without due delay, then. Ambassador Konstantin Angvoskis shall be our ambassador to Najimam, then. I do, however question the idea of military cooperation, as my superiors may feel it is too soon for that. I do hope you understand this, and it does not mean that the idea may never come to fruition. However, I should be able to talk them into allowing the sale of arms and equipment to your nation within a much shorter amount of time, should you so desire. It may still take a bit, but it will be quicker than the alternative. And as for the council, while my superiors may see the benefits and will most definitely put some deep consideration into it as this is a long run idea, diplomacy costs funding and requires personnel as you know, so it is my belief that this will be up for discussion for quite a while. Nevertheless, I will be relaying both of these ideas— and everything else that has been said thus far— to my superiors. Is there anything else you two gentlemen would like to discuss in addition to what has already been discussed or shall we begin making arrangements for further negotiations at a later date and begin formalizing what has been said so far?"

Najimam
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Najimam » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:48 pm

24 November, 2022

International Building

The meeting was going as Hikaya envisioned, he is satisfied but needs to make sure it continues as planned:

"We appreciate your quick responsiveness when it comes to exchanging embassies, we will be patiently waiting for mister Konstantin Angvoskis and his diplomatic staff to arrive.

We understand what your superiors may feel about military cooperation this soon, it would be preferable if you could talk them into allowing the sale of weapons as soon as early 2023. We are open to selling our weapons and military vehicles to Costavozka starting December 1st. As for the council, we understand that it is not necessary at the moment and will shelve it to a later date in the next few years.

At this time, these are what we consider the most important points and we thank you for taking the time to discuss them with us. I believe that our diplomatic relations have a bright future going forward. I am also sure that we will meet again for further discussions mister Costava. Just one more thing..."

He looks at Imara, who hands a big envelope to mister Costava:
"This envelope contains detailed information and paperwork for a factory in the industrial area of Najiali Special Economic Zone. We welcome the Costavozkan Vehicle Corporation to use this factory to manufacture its products and benefit from Najimam's expertise in the automotive industry."

Costavozka
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Costavozka » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:45 am

24 November, 2022

International Building

As the delegates from Najimam spoke again, Costava took note of each word in his mind. He would write this down on the ride back to the airport. At the same time, he was already formulating a response when the envelope was passed to him.

"Ambassador Angvoskis will be departing for Najimam as soon as the embassy is prepared for his arrival. In regards to the military equipment sales, early next year might be achievable for light arms and trucks. Heavier or more specialized equipment may be permitted later down the road. As for CVC's operations in Najimam, I will, of course, pass this along to the proper channels, and you will be contacted in regards to anything else that is nessicary to earn any needed permits or other licenses. I do hope we meet again and I look forward to the improved relations between our nations. Thank you for meeting me here today. If there is nothing else you gentlemen need, I wish you a good day, safe travels, and until we meet again, goodbye."

Costava held out his hand to shake the hands of the two delegates before him, planning on taking his leave once the pair had departed. Today had been a productive day for diplomacy, a stepping stone for stability, and a path toward peace.

Borisuelo
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Borisuelo » Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:36 pm

The limousine approached what he guessed was the valet, and he hesitantly rethought the almost pointless trek to the International District. A representative from an almost unknown nation who's goal to spread influence and create beneficial relations. "Remember, Nicholas Glausheim, representative of Borisuelo International Department." "I was trying to focus sir," Glausheim turned to his attendant, annoyed. After a brief instant of awkward silence, the limousine gradually braked. The doors opened wide, a man walked towards the car, then Glausheim started," Nicholas Glau-"Its alright, we all know." Then on started a new front of Borisueloan history.

Nassovia
Secretary

Founded: Sep 14, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nassovia » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:03 am

09h14

A young, beautiful dressed women opened the left door of the back the car. She fixed her dress and picked up a dark brown leather folder. She looked like being in her late teens, while the uniformed one looked no more than 5 or 6 years older. The valet that was supposed to open the door wasn't enough fast.

"Your Majesty, I apologize..." - the man apologized profusely to the woman.

"I'm not Her Majesty. I'm merely her aide. Queen Anna of Nassovia is on the right side. Please open the door."

The valet opened the door and another beautiful woman, with no more than 30 years, wearing a navy grand uniform of jacket and skirt, stockings and shoes, with a discrete number of pinned decorations. However, by the number of the bars on her arms, one could notice she was a very important person.

"Thank you. Can you please guide our driver to the parking zone?" The woman thanked the valet as she rotated her legs out of the car and stood up. "Miss Florenz, is the High Commissioner expecting us yet? I don't know who gave him my email address, but remind him to tell me not to call me 'you' in any communication, or I will be happy to send him on a course of etiquette and ask to the King of Arms to add a donkey to his family coat of arms."

"Accordingly, Your Majesty."

"Why all of the people couldn't be like you and understand the protocols? I'd be lost without you. Please confirm our itinerary here today." - the Queen asked.

"Thank you, Ma'am. Firstly we have a meeting with the High Comissioner, regarding matters of bilateral treaties, then we'll sign a memorandum on marine life and for the last, a meeting with the Regional Sports Authority, relative to Sports events, including a Racing Grand Prix in Aisbourg and the Regatta that Ma'am was interested in sponsoring." - the younger one nodded, servilely, then answered. Her Majesty was a master in Protocol, and her young aide was a devoted fan of hers, to the point of study carefully every small intrincacy of the pronouns and forms of treatment, heraldry, titles and whatever else was needed to know to serve Her Majesty better.

The Valet entered on the right door and the two women entered the building.
Last edited by Nassovia on Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Galordia Minun
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 21, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Galordia Minun » Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:17 pm

A black limo pulled up to the building. It gleamed in the afternoon sunlight as the shiny black body reflected the sun's rays. An older man with greying hair got out from one side, a young assistant from the other. Both were dressed in black suits, with the girl sporting a blue and red neck bow, and the man a blue and red tie. Walking briskly round the front of the car, the man reached for the back door handle and pulled it. The door swung open with a soft clunk, and another woman stepped out. It was clear that she was the royalty here. Queen Anastazjia Krajina was tall with long golden hair swept back in a half-up half-down style. She wore a long flowing dress of light blue cotton which puffed at the sleeves and gathered at the waist. Although the materials and cut were simple, there was not denying the expensiveness and tastefulness of the gown. She nodded to the chauffeur and looked at the assistant, who smiled and lead her up the steps, talking all the way.
"We're meeting the rest of the leaders of The Western Isles today, so expect a lot of handshaking and greeting." She went on, "There are all types of governments here, so it's not just monarchs, but prime ministers and presidents too." They got to the top and she held the door open for her, curtseying as she did so. Anastazjia smiled at the girl, "Oh Naza, what would I do without you. You stay close ok? I may need you to get me out of some... situations." She winked, mirth in her eyes.
"Of course Ma'am." Naza smiled, before gesturing, "Shall we?"
We do not use NS stats!
Alt of Obrela

Telbnis
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 06, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Telbnis » Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:29 pm

Seeing the building, she made a sharp turn, and hopped off her bicycle to lock it to the nearest bike rack.
She walked slowly up to the main entrance, feeling rather underdressed in her traditional attire, and winced as she flung open the surprisingly light door in a much more dramatic manner than she had intended. Despite her illustrious position, she loathed making a scene.
The lobby was very light, airy, and modern, reminding her of the University back home- the only building she could recall in Telbnis that had been built in that style. Unless, perhaps, some of the new ferry terminals- though they were more claustrophobic than this.
The small map on the wall showed that there was a bar- the perfect place to meet other leaders.
Memorising the route through the immense maze of corridors and massive conference rooms, she strode through the beautiful atrium past the fountain, and decided that taking the stairs, in this case, would be a very regrettable decision.
More importantly- did they know how to make a good gin daisy?
Slight rant-
TERF is a slur. Biological sex is real, important, and immutable and women's rights will not be ignored.
Saving the environment is not about vapid "VSCO girl" aesthetics, or wanting to be an edgy rebel activist. It's about not dying slowly, horribly, and painfully along with everything else on this lonely outpost in space that serendipitously happened to spawn beautiful life.

OOC-
hello there
I like books, indie rock, plaid, typewriters, and the Scottish Highlands.
I sometimes :), occasionally >:/, and very rarely (┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻.

Telbnis is a small archipelago in the Barents Sea with 12 islands and 8,120 people. We have scenery, culture, and some rather lovely midnight sun.
Member of The Western Isles

Cyrosia
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 20, 2023
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Cyrosia » Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:12 pm

Nasar Kuzyn stared at the building before him. He was a fairly tall man, wearing a beautiful grey coat, black dress pants and a golden watch, courtesy of his father, the leader of the Kuzyn Group, the most powerful economic group in all of Cyrosia. The building Nasar was staring at? Just the main headquarters of The League of The Western Isles, a modern-looking building that towered over most other buildings within the International District, gleaming with the afternoon sun. He was the newly appointed chief of the diplomatic mission of Cyrosia to the ID, just arriving from the airport along with a new set of staff for the diplomatic mission. As such, he felt the pressure of leading the representation of his entire nation resting upon his shoulders. Next to him stood a short woman, wearing a beautiful purple dress jacket with a matching pencil skirt, her graying hair on a very neatly done updo. Permanent Ambassador to the League Gyrasha Dhanety, the sister of the current president of the Danmardom, Speaker Shayzariya Dhanety, was also admiring the building.

"It's all or nothing now, ambassador" said Nasar, looking down at Gyrasha "We are here to make history, and to further improve Cyrosia's international standings, especially with our neighbors". The ambassador nodded in agreement, adjusting her glasses. "Cooperation, our most important goal" she said, then quickly glancing at her clock. "I think we should move on to the office, I have a scheduled meeting with President Shandar and Minister Naviri in around 20 minutes." Nasar nodded, and they both headed into the building, hoping for the best. The mission was to secure a solid diplomatic footing for Cyrosia in the region, something that had been lacking for the past few decades.
Last edited by Cyrosia on Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Member of The Western Isles
Not everything posted by me reflects my political beliefs, as most posts are posted IN CHARACTER
The only thing I worship is food
Kyrushya Birlesik Icin!

Sapim
Envoy

Founded: Oct 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Sapim » Wed May 31, 2023 4:42 am

I.D Headquarters, May Thursday 31 2023 14:30

One Saab-35 Draken, enters I.D. Airspace

For the conning tower, this is fighter 63478 requesting a clear runway to land

Here is the command tower you are cleared to land

A woman got out of the Saab and showed her diplomatic passport to the airport police. Identified as Queen Isabel Geneviève I of Sapim. She waved at the diplomatic car that was waiting for her outside the airport and headed towards ID headquarters.

ID headquarters 15:00

The Queen Isabel I entered the reception of the ID building, entered the elevator and pressed the button for the 5th Floor where the meeting room is located where she hopes to meet with the leaders of the western islands for the first time.

Luzianne
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 30, 2023
Ex-Nation

Introducing Prime Minister Benjamin Lincoln

Postby Luzianne » Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:21 pm

Luzianne's Prime Minister Benjamin Lincoln arrives at a town hall regarding the importance of free trade. The interviewer immediately notices Lincoln's youthful smile. Lincoln's answers impressed without amazement, matching his typical demeanor. He may be a bit on the boring side, but back home, he touts a 92% approval rating.

The interviewer, working for International News, directly asks him about how he attained this high approval rating - especially considering he arrived in office so recently. Lincoln responds simply: "I'm honest, I'm fair, and I care." He's mostly correct. His nation still reels the corruption of its previous administration, and believes his pragmatic optimism may be enough to unite the nation's three major parties in the legislative Grand Assembly.

After the town hall, Lincoln slips into the crowd to meet another leader in The Western Isles. A deal remains to be made.
Last edited by Luzianne on Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verska
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 07, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Sultan Hikmet Fatih Arrived in the International DIstrict

Postby Verska » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:29 am

Sages of the old days said that a bird must choose its branches wisely. Sages of the new days said that the tree must grow the right branches for the right birds. But who will say that the bird can land on the ground? — Popular 18th-century Verskan phrase.

"Tower 28, this is Verskan Airline. Permission to land"

"Permission granted, pilot. Land away." The control tower's officer replied.

A fairly small jet plane landed on an airway near the International District. It bears the logo of Verskan Airline on the left side, Verska's Flag on the right side, and a designated number '115' on each wings. The jet plane itself is painted white, with strips of colour the same palette as Verska's flag. As the jet slowed down, the side door opened, a huge man stand with eyeing gaze. The huge man went down the stairs and behind him there's another man, around the height of an average man; but what's different is that there is an aura of authority emitting from his face. Then, several other people followed in his footsteps. This man, who wears clothes not extravagantly, nor his manner show any sign of high authority, is Sultan HIkmet Fatih the leader of Verska.

The entourage is busy doing their task while following the sultan. His assistant shifts documents while he walks, security guards scan the area, and the translator and guide make phone calls to arrange transportation. Soon enough, Sultan Hikmet Fatih ride in a car with his entourage. There are three cars in total. "Sultan, would you like to visit the hotel first before visiting other leaders?" Said his guide.

"I will not, Hazim will be checking the hotel. I want to meet the other leaders as soon as possible." The sultan replied, followed by a nod from his assistant, Hazim.

"Is this meeting so important?"

"It is, and I will make sure that it will benefit the country more than the previous negotiations." The sultan said with a firm voice to his guide. Verska is not in danger, nor it is in dire need of trade. But, there's a saying amongst Verskan, that can be translated as:Work as if you will not live tomorrow, pray as if you will live forever.. It means that a person must work as hard as the person can, as if it is the last chance; and pray as best as the person can, so to show gratefulness for living a long life.

And so the cars ride onto the district from the airport. Sultan Hikmet Fatih bring his best people, to bring a negotiation that will benefit Verska.
Nationstates stats of this nation is not official. Please look on the factbook listed on this signature to see official information about Verska:
Official Overview Factbook: Overview of Verska
The Western Isle Version of Overview Factbook: [The Western Isle's version] Overview of Verska

Jamgen
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 28, 2023
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jamgen » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:05 am

George Peace is the elected leader of Jamgen for the past 10 years he has tried to bring down the socialist policies of Jackson Green that killed thousands however Jamgen will have to remain largely socialist for a long time as Jackson also created a huge inflation that towers over Jamgen that needs large taxation to reduce.
However the forward thinking of Jamgen are happy to suffer for another 40 years to help the future generation this is why George Peace has been re-elected 5 times with huge support from the anaighdiadh and secular community he will likely remain in power for the rest of his life.

For information on the religion of anaighdiah a basic overview is in my factbook

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates