NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates Christmas Celebration

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:36 am

The waiter walked up to Alex, detailing the orders of Punong Fernando Flores and Lisa Flores. The party was growing in participants now, as it went from three to over fifteen. "Aah, so they want two root vegetable soups, one roast dinner, two Ports and two Christmas Puddings in that order, ok just pass that down to the kitchen staff as they are now present"
OSN Santa Komodo wrote:

Best/Worst Event Award

Voting has now started! What do you think was either the best or the worst event in NationStates in 2016?

Eternal President Alex Moore began to think. "I do know the worst of the year, and that was the treachery of Hetrica against the Order and our allies. For the best however.. was probably Mr Moneys Christmastide celebration.."
Tsar of the Order of the Southern North.
The Midnight Order guy

Winner of the Best Delegate of Warzone Africa award

Cherkasov
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cherkasov » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:42 am

Foreign Affairs Minister Yuri Smekhov saw Punong Fernando Flores approaching, "I am very glad to meet you, Punong Flores. Merry Christmas!" then, he extended his hand.
THE EMPIRE OF CHERKASOV

Emperio Maharlika
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Emperio Maharlika » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:44 am

Punong Fernando Flores would then shake Minister Yuri's hand, followed by his wife, only more lightly and slowly. "Merry Christmas to you too, sir!" He would then turn and have his hand, palms open, towards the lovely lady in red standing next to him. "Anyway, meet my lovely wife," as he said it, Lisa smiled, "First Lady Elizabeth Flores. But you can call her Lisa, if she wants you to.. Nice to meet you, sir, and may I know your name?"
BALITANG MAKABAYAN: Ayala Diversified celebrates 234th anniversary, remains oldest and largest conglomerate in PH  ||  Punong: (Zóbel de Ayala family) aided state development of PH, helped rebuild Mindanao post-2050 Civil War  ||  Chairman of Ayala Diversified: 'We deliver results', alludes to role of conglomerates in economic growth || 1 USD=12.46PHP ||

The Seventh Republic of the Philippines
Oligarchy | PMT | Cyberprep
yeah you guessed it we took the name inspiration from france and then we said why not try developing a filipino chaebol system + some neoliberal economics, a dash of mUh AsiAn CoMmuTiNAiRan ValYOOs (good ol authoritarianism) & haha screw it another jab at how the marcos dynasty just wont GO AWAY

i don’t live in the Philippines although my factbooks tell you otherwise

Odinburgh
Minister

Founded: Jun 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:23 am

The Roast Dinner was on Chancellor Klinghoffer's mind before the waiter came around to take his order and preferably with turkey.

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:32 am

The waiter approached Chancellor Klinghoffer. "May I take your order Sir?"
The Midnight Order guy

Cherkasov
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cherkasov » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:14 am

Emperio Maharlika wrote:Punong Fernando Flores would then shake Minister Yuri's hand, followed by his wife, only more lightly and slowly. "Merry Christmas to you too, sir!" He would then turn and have his hand, palms open, towards the lovely lady in red standing next to him. "Anyway, meet my lovely wife," as he said it, Lisa smiled, "First Lady Elizabeth Flores. But you can call her Lisa, if she wants you to.. Nice to meet you, sir, and may I know your name?"

"I am Yuri Smekhov, Foreign Affairs Minister from Cherkasov. It is my pleasure to meet you Mrs. Flores and your husband, Punong Fernando Flores. I hope we can have a good Christmas celebration."
THE EMPIRE OF CHERKASOV

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:27 am

Just a reminder: It is time for Guests of the NationStates Christmas Celebration to decide on the Best and Worst Event of NationStates in 2016!
The Midnight Order guy

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:55 am

Indo-Malaysia wrote:The waiter approached Chancellor Klinghoffer. "May I take your order Sir?"

"I will have the roast dinner with turkey please."

Also my ballot for best/worst event in 2016:

Best Event: April Fool's WA Election Day theme event

Worst Event: Donald Trump winning the U.S. Election

-Mr Money-
Envoy

Founded: Apr 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby -Mr Money- » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:12 am

Mr. Money travelled over to the host and whispered in his ear,

"I thing the best event was this Christmas event, the worst event was the Marxist victory in the Secretary General Election."

He then went over to the crisps section and grabbed a handful, bowing to the newly arrived guests and he wandered off.
_[‘ ]_ CAPITALISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(-_Q)

98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
_________MARINE________ _____Proud Brexiteer!_____
________@-----------______ Make America Great Again!
_______Présidente!_______ Hillary for PRISON 2017!!!! Proud Classical Liberal
Proud Monarchist, Nationalist, and Capitalist!

Ostrovshima
Envoy

Founded: Sep 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ostrovshima » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:24 am

The doors to the hall open, and a man enters the room. He is tall and thin, clean shaven, short curly black hair and pale skin, blue eyes, appears to be a Russo-Japanese man in his late thirties-early forties, dressed in mostly formal attire, albeit with a Christmas themed sweater vest underneath the jacket. He glances around the large hall, then turns to face the individual performing the greetings.

"Kon'nichiwa/Zdravstvuyte/Hello. My name is Alexander Nagasawa, Current President of the Republic of Ostrovshima. If I can recall, I was invited to this occasion, no?" he says in a deep voice, bowing respectfully...
THIS IS The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord's MODERN-TECH ROLEPLAYING NATION | NEEDS A CANON TO CALL HOME
THIS NATION PARTIALLY USES NS STATS (Is a Developed Inoffensive Centrist Democracy with a Strong IT Industry)
LOCATION: The Ostrovshiman Islands in the southwestern North Pacific
CURRENT YEAR: 201X CE
PRESIDENT: Alexander Nagasawa
GOVERNMENT TYPE: Unitary Semi-Presidential Constitutional Republic
Recent News (January 1st, 201X): GENERAL ELECTION RESULTS~Landslide victory for Liberal Party in both houses of the National Diet~Former CEO of Nagasawa Industries, philanthropist, and politician Alexander Nagasawa elected youngest President of Ostrovshima at age 40 with 66.667% of vote.

Emperio Maharlika
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Emperio Maharlika » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:24 am

Cherkasov wrote:
Emperio Maharlika wrote:Punong Fernando Flores would then shake Minister Yuri's hand, followed by his wife, only more lightly and slowly. "Merry Christmas to you too, sir!" He would then turn and have his hand, palms open, towards the lovely lady in red standing next to him. "Anyway, meet my lovely wife," as he said it, Lisa smiled, "First Lady Elizabeth Flores. But you can call her Lisa, if she wants you to.. Nice to meet you, sir, and may I know your name?"

"I am Yuri Smekhov, Foreign Affairs Minister from Cherkasov. It is my pleasure to meet you Mrs. Flores and your husband, Punong Fernando Flores. I hope we can have a good Christmas celebration."

"Indeed, Merry Christmas my friend," the Punong would say.
"The best event of NationStates, in my opinion, was this roleplay I'd involved myself in with other nations, something of a NationStates Non-Japanese HighSchool. Worst event? When Robert Downing Jr. won the Empyrian elections. I know he hates us authoritarians. Sad, we would've had so much potential with the Capitalist Party candidate."
BALITANG MAKABAYAN: Ayala Diversified celebrates 234th anniversary, remains oldest and largest conglomerate in PH  ||  Punong: (Zóbel de Ayala family) aided state development of PH, helped rebuild Mindanao post-2050 Civil War  ||  Chairman of Ayala Diversified: 'We deliver results', alludes to role of conglomerates in economic growth || 1 USD=12.46PHP ||

The Seventh Republic of the Philippines
Oligarchy | PMT | Cyberprep
yeah you guessed it we took the name inspiration from france and then we said why not try developing a filipino chaebol system + some neoliberal economics, a dash of mUh AsiAn CoMmuTiNAiRan ValYOOs (good ol authoritarianism) & haha screw it another jab at how the marcos dynasty just wont GO AWAY

i don’t live in the Philippines although my factbooks tell you otherwise

Ostrovshima
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ostrovshima » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:22 am

Alexander Nagasawa bows again;

"Kon'nichiwa/Zdravstvuyte/Hello. My name is Alexander Nagasawa, Current President of the Republic of Ostrovshima. If I can recall, I was invited to this occasion, no?" he says in a deep voice.[/quote]
THIS IS The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord's MODERN-TECH ROLEPLAYING NATION | NEEDS A CANON TO CALL HOME
THIS NATION PARTIALLY USES NS STATS (Is a Developed Inoffensive Centrist Democracy with a Strong IT Industry)
Recent News (January 1st, 201X): GENERAL ELECTION RESULTS~Landslide victory for Liberal Party in both houses of the National Diet~Former CEO of Nagasawa Industries, philanthropist, and politician Alexander Nagasawa elected youngest President of Ostrovshima at age 40 with 66.667% of vote.

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:54 pm

Alex Moore was baffled at the wide array of answers presented to him. "Now now, lets narrow these down. Why don't we make the best/worst event award for official NationStates events, such as stuff like the Predator Scandal, or as Mr Money had mentioned earlier, the Marxist victory in the Secretary-General election"
The Midnight Order guy

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:25 pm

Chancellor Klinghoffer approached Alex Moore to speak to him, "For best event is this celebration. For worst event is that Marxist victory in the Secretary-General election. To me that is the best compromise."
Last edited by Odinburgh on Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eskvor
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 14, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Eskvor » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:49 pm

Sutlan Vandad stands up: "If We may, we would proffer the dissolution of DEN to be the best event this year and conversely the formation of CAIN to be the worst".

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:53 am

"I can smell wonderful food.", Chancellor Klinghoffer exclaimed.

Ostrovshima
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ostrovshima » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:04 am

"Kon'nichiwa/Zdravstvuyte/Hello. My name is Alexander Nagasawa, Current President of the Republic of Ostrovshima. If I can recall, I was invited to this occasion, no?" he says in a deep voice, bowing respectfully, a look of tranquil agitation on his face...

"I have been waiting here for most of the evening. I politely implore to be let into this occasion. I swear by my family's honor that this invitation isn't forged.

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:35 pm

Ostrovshima wrote:"Kon'nichiwa/Zdravstvuyte/Hello. My name is Alexander Nagasawa, Current President of the Republic of Ostrovshima. If I can recall, I was invited to this occasion, no?" he says in a deep voice, bowing respectfully, a look of tranquil agitation on his face...

"I have been waiting here for most of the evening. I politely implore to be let into this occasion. I swear by my family's honor that this invitation isn't forged.

"Come sit here at my table. I grabbed some appetizers.", Chancellor Klinghoffer replied, to Alexander Nagasawa. "So you are the President of Ostrovshima you say?"

Ostrovshima
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ostrovshima » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:38 pm

Odinburgh wrote:
Ostrovshima wrote:"Kon'nichiwa/Zdravstvuyte/Hello. My name is Alexander Nagasawa, Current President of the Republic of Ostrovshima. If I can recall, I was invited to this occasion, no?" he says in a deep voice, bowing respectfully, a look of tranquil agitation on his face...

"Come sit here at my table. I grabbed some appetizers.", Chancellor Klinghoffer replied, to Alexander Nagasawa. "So you are the President of Ostrovshima you say?"

Alexander walks over to the table, sitting down quietly and calmly.

"Arigato/Blagodaryu/Thank you. Your generosity is greatly appreciated.

To answer your question: you are correct, I was elected earlier this year. It was the..." He pauses for a moment, collecting his thoughts. "third greatest moment of my life..."

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:21 pm

Ostrovshima wrote:
Odinburgh wrote:

To answer your question: you are correct, I was elected earlier this year. It was the..." He pauses for a moment, collecting his thoughts. "third greatest moment of my life..."

Chancellor Klinghoffer was taken back from what the gentlemen said. "Third greatest moment of your life? Well we both have something in common as I have only been Chancellor for a month since the previous famed longtime leader of Odinburgh Chancellor Olaf Borson passed away. The man was a hero to many but there will be no one to replace them of the many great things he did. I for sure certain will never fill his shoes but life goes on and so does the job that comes with being the chancellor."
Last edited by Odinburgh on Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ostrovshima
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ostrovshima » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:40 pm

Odinburgh wrote:
Ostrovshima wrote:

Chancellor Klinghoffer was taken back from what the gentlemen said. "Third greatest moment of your life? Well we both have something in common as I have only been Chancellor for a month since the previous famed longtime leader of Odinburgh Chancellor Olaf Borson passed away. The man was a hero to many but there will be no one to replace them of the many great things he did. I for sure certain will never fill his shoes but life goes on and so does the job that comes with being the chancellor."

"Oh... I don't want to sound impolite, or make you uncomfortable, but how did he pass?"

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:03 pm

Ostrovshima wrote:
Odinburgh wrote:

"Oh... I don't want to sound impolite, or make you uncomfortable, but how did he pass?"

"It was cardiac arrest. He was found dead in the Temple of St. Reynaldo at 5 a.m. in the morn. You can read the full article that came out the day he died which I always keep a copy inside my coat."

Breaking News: Chancellor Olaf Borson dies at age 72; Josua Klinghoffer sworn in as new chancellor

St. Reynaldo, The Radiant October 27, 2234 - Chancellor Olaf Borson was found dead in the Temple of St. Reynaldo early this morning around 5 a.m. before Thursday worship services commencing at 11 a.m. Born on Odinburgh Prime in Odinkirk on November 4, 2162 in a military family that has served for generations. At the height of Odinburgh Prime Revolution he was accepted into Odinburgh Starfleet Academy and went on to become a ranking general earning the rank in 2203. Olaf Borson was placed in command of forces to lead the charge on Odinburgh Prime in the battle of Surtur's Valley in 2204 which was an important victory leading to the victory of the war on December 31, 2206 over Ustleshan. Ustleshan would surrender on January 15, 2207 to the Unified Forces. In 2208 at the age of 46 he served as Vice President under Veronica Nordholm in Odinburgh's interim governing council till the new government would be voted and installed after a successful vote on June 17, 2212 and swearing in of the first Galactic Federation Chancellor of Odinburgh on Sepetember 10, 2212. At the age of 52 in 2214 he was elected senator from the Odinkirk district which he served for numerous years. In 2220 President Falkor Odinson selected him as his chancellor nominee after the resignation of then Chancellor Thora Odinson. In 2221 he was sworn in as Chancellor serving up until his death today. President Erickson appointed Josua Klinghoffer to be the new chancellor and immediately approved by the Odinburgh Senate Asssembly which effectively was sworn in within a few hours after learning the death of Chancellor Olaf Borson. Chancellor Borson's accomplishments and herorism will be long remembered but will never be forgotten.

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:51 pm

"Sorry guys, but awards might arrive on the 28th, little late shipment. Good thing is, found a barrel of more Port down the cellar!"
The Midnight Order guy

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:04 pm

Indo-Malaysia wrote:"Sorry guys, but awards might arrive on the 28th, little late shipment. Good thing is, found a barrel of more Port down the cellar!"

"Great! Just in time for more Port for the new year."

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:52 pm

Chancellor Klinghoffer went on continued to say.

"If there was a saddest moment of the year it would definitely be the passing of Carrie Fisher who played Princess Leia in the original Star Wars movies as I have just learned of this a while ago."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates