NATION

PASSWORD

The UN [TALC ONLY, IC]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Al Ashabiyah
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

The UN [TALC ONLY, IC]

Postby Al Ashabiyah » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:49 pm

The United Nations

This thread shall be used for roleplaying affairs happening at the United Nations for TALC canon Roleplay. If you are not a member of The Arab League Congress who is on the map then do not post here.
Current Resolution:

TBD
Last edited by Al Ashabiyah on Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jumhariah al Aşabi'ah
Pop: Nearly 4 Million
Capital: Tripoli
Leader: President Malek

Al Ashabiyah
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Ashabiyah » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:10 pm

Osman el-Mirza, representative of the Arab People's Jamhariya of Al Ashabiyah, stood up at the podium dressed in his traditional desert robes. It was the same spot that Mouammar Gaddafi had stood, and in similar attire. Osman looked out at the assembled delegates.

"My fellow delegates," he began, in Arabic. The translators translated his every word into the myriad of languages that were assembled here today. "The United Nations has long stood for peace. For tolerance. For unity between the disparate peoples of the earth. And this is a legacy that must be continued. My home nation, Al Ashabiyah, is wracked by civil war. Sunni insurgency and many different factions tear at our nation. They kill hundreds, thousands of innocents. Military conflict is currently occurring across the nation as we speak. Yet for all the victories we may attain, all the foes we may slay, the threat shall continue. We can drive the enemy from the earth, yet the threat will remain. This threat is radicalisation. It is manifest across the world. All nations, all religions, all creeds face it in one aspect of another. In a nation like ours, damaged by poverty brought about by war that was in turn brought about by foreign interests, it grows ever so strong. I am not here to beg for military aid. We do not need that. We need something else."

He paused for effect and took a breath.

"Our war, and all wars across the world, cannot be solved by pure military action. Work must be done to ensure that nations can support their people. That nations can care for their people. Only once the conditions that lead others to war are solved can war be extinguished. I, as a representative of my nation, plead the United Nations to help us. Help us rebuild our nation. Aid us in the creating of a stable country, with sanitation and education. We cannot do it ourselves at this stage. It pains me to be here, for my nation to appear weak in front of you all. But the lives of our people are worth mire than our pride. We request a UN mission that will help us to provide a life to our people. Food. Water. Médecine. Shelter. All these essentials are not guaranteed to Ashabiyan citizens. With your aid, we can bring change that is positive to the lives of hundreds of thousands."

He nodded, and stood ready for questions. A resolution paper was handed around to all of the assembled delegates.

Image General Assembly

UN Humanitarian Mission to Al Ashabiyah

Noting that Al Ashabiyah has been in conflict for several years, which has done significant damage to infrastructure.

Deeply Concerned by the fact that civilians have been affected negatively by lacks of basic living essentials and the lack of stability.

Fearing that these conditions may cause a rise in international instability and the spread of communicable diseases.

Hoping to help the people of Al Ashabiyah through these provisions:

1. Provides Al Ashabiyah with 3,000 kgs of grain and other basic foodstuffs

2. Establishes medical crisis centres in major urban areas to combat injuries and communicable diseases.

3. Establishes 10 refugee camps in Al Ashabiyah and neighboring countries to provide shelter to those forced to flee the conflict and help with strains caused by immigration.

Osman smiled. "I am open to any and all points of discussion and any amendments."
Jumhariah al Aşabi'ah

Hatay
Minister

Founded: Mar 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hatay » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:53 am

Hatay had always hated Gaddafi. They fought him and when he fell they rejoiced. But this crisis deserved proper action.
The Hatayan delegate punched in Aye on their panel.
Long live Democracy!
R.I.P Tuva SSR, Unjustly deleted on 8/30/2014

Back on NS, hello! Feel free to TG. Canon and History is (largely) the same.

No Internet July 1-July 16

Al Ashabiyah
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Ashabiyah » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:53 am

"Do you wish for any amendments to the resolution or are you ok with the resolution? Any debate?"
Jumhariah al Aşabi'ah

Khorason
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Khorason » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:46 pm

Allah Akbar!! Allah Akbar!!

The diplomats of the Khilafah have rejoiced at this resolution aimed at allievating the suffering of Al Ashabiyas populace. However we believe it does not go far enough in ensuring the safety of the nation. We press the assembly to allow us to send in 5,000 peacekeepers to establish a demilitarised humanitarian corridors to allow the safe passage of civilians out of besieged areas and areas of conflict. We will of course be required to set up a base in their territory but we also ask permission to do this. Of course if required we will allow Un observers to monitor our involvement in this conflict

Hatay
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hatay » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:19 pm

"The Hatayan delegation concurs with the Khorasani delegation, an international peacekeeping delegation must be deployed immediately."

OOC: we can RP this
Long live Democracy!

Al-Hashraff
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Hashraff » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:35 am

The delegate of Al-Hashraff paused for a moment to consult his notes before pushing his mic to speak. "Though we believe this resolution was written in great faith this is still short term thinking. In order to remove the desperation that drives many to joining such groups Al-Hashraff proposes the following addition to the operative clauses of this resolution."

4. Calls upon the UNMAA (United Nations Mission to Al Ashabiyah) to form the AADF (Al Ashabiyah Development Fund that will be used to promote wealth creation and boost education.

"The United Kingdom is also fully prepared to donate 50 million dollars to this proposed fund in addition to sending a 10,000 strong peace-keeping contingent and 4,000 aid workers."

He disables the mic and leans back in his chair waiting for a reply.

Al Ashabiyah
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Ashabiyah » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:20 pm

"I agree with the proposed changes. All in favour of adding it to the resolution please press your aye button."
Jumhariah al Aşabi'ah

Al-Hashraff
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Hashraff » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:45 pm

The Hashraffi ambassador pushed the aye button then turned to speak with another member of the delegation who astood up and left the room to send a text.

Once outside the chambers he texted the King's office "Green light for all proposals."
Last edited by Al-Hashraff on Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hatay
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hatay » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:20 am

The Hatayan ambassador punched in the aye button.
Long live Democracy!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates